[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Lisbon.jpg (284 KB, 1000x585)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
I'm gonna be in Lisbon Portugal for a couple days, what would you guys recommend I check out? I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish, but I'm still trying to get laid. I love fashion and architecture, so anything regarding those would be wonderful. Thanks.
>>
>>1418766
Check out the Lisbon Pubcrawl. It's kind of a scam but 15€ and they take you to 3 bars and a club afterwards. I only say it's a scam because the say free shots are included at certain bars but they are pretty weak and you end up spending more money on drinks. But It's a great way to meet people from all over and get laid.

Honestly just walking around was a treat if you're into architecture. The oldest part of the city is small enough that you could take a day or two and walk to wherever and see all the city's most famous sites and buildings.

For fashion, I can't remember the name of the strip but it's basically the equivalent of La Rambla in Barcelona. It's in the old part of the city so if you are walking around you can't miss it.
>>
>>1419224
Awesome thank you. I'm friends with a local so he said he'll take me to good local food which I'm excited for.
>>
>>1418766
Walk around
Definitely go to Belem by train, it's close
>>
>>1419598
Yeah I heard Sintra is beautiful too
>>
>>1419617
It's close, but worth a day trip. Depends on the amount of time you have.
>>
>>1418766
Local here, most people know their way around english especially younger people (sub35-40), making an effort to try and speak some portuguese even if just the greetings and stuff is still appreciated by most.
The street with all the designer expensive clothes and stuff the other anon talked about is avenida da liberdade.
One thing to note is that the city is fairly small, sometimes I see tourists enter the metro to go one station away, try to check google maps when going somewhere, a lot of times its better to just go on foot especially when you're within the centre.
Otherwise dont have a lot of advice, feel free to ask questions if you want.
>>
>do the drugs xddd
>>
>>1419598
I walked there. Took like 2 hours but it’s a nice stroll along the river. Started raining halfway through tho which sucked.
>>
>>1418766
not OP, but I'm going to Portugal as well so I thought I'd steal your thread.
I'll be spending 2 days in Porto and 5 in Lisbon in mid-July. getting laid doesn't concern me, I'm mainly interested in architecture, cuisine and experiencing the local way of life. could you guys recommend me some must-see museums and churches, restaurants, etc?
>>
>>1420338
Any travel guide will tell you that
>>
>>1420352
I'm not looking for paid ads masquerading themselves as helpful insider advice, I want personal recommendations
>>
>>1420358
McDonald's
>>
>>1419875
Is it easy to get steroids in Lisbon?
>>
>>1420338
Porto has boomed in tourism in the last few years, a bunch of tourist trap restaurants to avoid especially famous classic cafes converted into restaurants, my mom gets really sad walking around since she grew up there, porto excels in ugly restaurants that are very cheap but good, back streets and non touristy areas are your friend for food, when Im there with my family we usually go to a few favourites in the outskirts which wouldnt be on the way for you so couldnt really recc specific ones
>>
>>1420407
I'll be staying near the Igreja de Santo Ildefonso, do you anything good in that area?
>>
>>1420413
Only thing that jumps to mind there is maybe madureira, their francesinhas are pretty good, a bit touristy but not too bad. A nice place to have more traditional northern food with virtually no tourists is a small place called 'sitio do costume' near carvalhido, might be a bit out of the way but porto is fairly small, its my usual place since its close to my grandparents house but honestly you can just walk around and find similar places all around town, I know its not super useful advice but when im in porto I never really look for stuff, I just walk a bit and go into what doesnt have a lot of tourists
>>
>>1420358
How do you know I'm not being paid to pimp churches to tourists on 4chan?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.