[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: FB_IMG_1528896302740.jpg (44 KB, 682x682)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
How do I do this? Does it work for Masters?
>>
In which country does this happen? There are several countries with free university education for natives and other EU/EAA citizens but I'm under the impression that all these countries still have tuition fees for students coming outside of Europe
>>
>>1419538
it aint that easy in every country...dont expect to go to Norway for example unless you're a really high ranking student
>>
>>1419548
>I'm under the impression that all these countries still have tuition fees for students coming outside of Europe

Your impression is wrong. No foreign international fees in 15 out of 16 states in Germany which includes some English-speaking programs.

>How do I do this? Does it work for Masters?
You apply for the program, meet all the requirements and apply for a student visa.
>>
>>1419548
True !

That said, fees can be cheaper than Ivy League college in the US and Canada.
You should check out OP.
>>
File: 32980-idiot-stupide.jpg (30 KB, 529x403)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1419559
>EU/EAA
>WRONG ! It's not like that in some states in Germany.
This doesn't invalidate what he wrote about EU/EAA citizens

And by the way, OP may not want to be surrounded by wiener eaters.
>>
>>1419538
>>1419538
"free college degrees"
There's no such thing if you don't have EU citizenship.
>>
>>1419548
scottish universities only charge tuition fees to english students, everyone else gets a free ride
>>
>>1419594
Again, this is factually incorrect. International students don't pay a dime in Germany apart from the 150€ administrative fee per semester if they are meeting all requirements.
>>
>>1419559
>>1419608
My son is about to be a freshman in high school, and is registered in the the International Baccalaureate program, and will be learning German.

After seeing this responses I encouraged him to take his German language classes seriously, and potentially go to college in Germany. I know speaking German is not required, but it would open up more opportunities for him, and probably make for a richer experience
>>
>>1419622
https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/
>>
>>1419622
Your son likes wiener ?
>>
>>1419597
No, English students pay £9,000/year to go to Scottish universities but out-of-EU students pay more. Tuition fees depend on the course but non-EU international students pay around £32,000/year for my course (medicine).
>>
>>1419562
>>1419715
Ebin trolling xD
>>
>>1419538
this flat out doesn't happen unless someone has dual citizenship, is interested in a field that cant be studied as well in the USA or is such an exemplary student nobody minds having them.

this is no different than "LIFEHACK: GO BE A CRAB FISHERMAN" or "Pick fruit in Australia for 3 months and you'll secure residency!"...sure some people do it but really its just escapist fantasy.
>>
>>1419760
>sure some people do it but really its just escapist fantasy.

And granted, what I am about to say makes this easier for people who want to do it, but fro most it's just a fantasy because they don't seriously consider studying abroad. There are more opportunities than people pursuing them. Even in places where it is not free, it is often cheaper to go to college abroad. Same with the work force, it's not hard to get a foreign job if you pursue it, but most don't.
>>
>>1419548
European passport due to heritage?
>>
>>1419622
Even while enrolling in an English language program B2 skills are required.
>>
>>1419760
>this flat out doesn't happen unless someone has dual citizenship

Why do so many people show up that are purposely spreading disinformation? You are wrong.
>>
>>1419877
I'm not talking about study abroad programs. I'm talking about American citizens getting degrees from foreign universities.
>>
>>1419974
He knows that. You’re still wrong. I have a few friends who’ve done it. One in Germany, one in Argentina, one in Japan. My sister is the one pursuing it in Argentina, and she’s not a citizen.
>>
>>1419538
>>1419622
>>1419876
I think I may learn German alongside my son, and attend a Masters program while he does his undergrad
>>
German universities are almost always free regardless of citizenship, and in my experience looking for programs it’s much easier to find a masters program conducted wholly in English than a bachelor’s.
>>
>>1419974
>I'm talking about American citizens getting degrees from foreign universities.

You are still full of shit. There are several countries in the world that allow foreign students to study for quasi-free and without any tuition as long as the are meeting the requirements of the respective program. Now stop infecting others with your ignorance.
>>
>>1420011
Yep it's free but you know... wieners... everywhere !
>>
>>1420539

Now, how about dem wiener dogs, huh?
>>
>>1419562
>OP may not want to be surrounded by wiener eaters
Bratwurst are amazing though
>>
File: dpuoqkgp3d411.jpg (116 KB, 600x645)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>1419608
Serious question, much older dude here, already know German (although it's very rusty) really want an internationally recognized EE degree. Is there any way for me to get accepted at a German university for an engineering program at age 53?
>>
>>1419979
The thing is that you don't need a visa to enter Argentina and university is literally free (well not exactly free, we all pay it with our taxes, but doesn't have a fee or something). I don't know if you can do the same in Europe
>>
>>1421072
>Bratwurst
You like it when its larger ?

>>1421134
So Wiener or Bratwurst ?
>>
How hard is it to get into one of these no tuition masters programs in western Europe as an American? Cheaper schools in America are typically extremely competitive. Do you need to have been at the top of your class in undergrad with an amazing CV?

and since you'd be in the country on a student visa and presumably unable to work, how do foreigners support themselves while attending school?
>>
>>1421432
You look at the entrance requirements on the university websites, you don't ask anons on 4chan. Usually a student visa allows you to work a limited number of hours, but if you don't speak the local language you will probably struggle to find a well paying job.
>>
>>1419622
tell him, to not be shy when talking german
yes he will make mistakes, but no one will laugh at him/ they will even appreciate it
>>
>>1421432
it really depends on the university
i am from austria
viennese universities are kind full
but the regional takes everyone and it is as good as the viennese, might be even better
i expect that to be the case in germany as well

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.