[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hong-kong-nightlife.jpg.jpg (313 KB, 1600x900)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
Visiting Hong Kong this weekend and I have a few questions for anyone who has visited or currently lives there:

>what are some places to avoid?
>what are some places you recommend?
>where can I find dank weed?
>is Elements mall just another rich asshole's mall (i.e. filled with stores like Gucci, Rolex, etc.)?
>how long should I set aside for a hike on Dragon's Back?
>any local liquors worth trying?
>>
gonna steal ur thread and ask kowloon vs central
>>
>>1419565
>places to avoid
chungking mansion
>places you recommend
big buddha statue "hike"
dragonbacks peak hike
>dank weed
dunno you degenerate
>Elements rich asshole's mall
I'd just say yes though I hardly remember it
depends how far you are from it, the hike itself is probably 45 minutes or less
I wouldn't know but I never thought HK was known for liquor. You can go to LKF at night if you want a bit of night life (keep in mind when the subway system closes btw).

Also get an octopus card for public transit, makes life easier.
>>
File: China_army.gif (695 KB, 250x187)
695 KB
695 KB GIF
>what are some places to avoid?
That other anon is dead wrong about Chungking mansions. Great Indian food there and lots of cheap shit. Watch your wallet, but there's a lot of places in the world where that applies. I hear there are cheap hotels there... I wouldn't stay in them, though.

>what are some places you recommend?
Get out on the islands and go hiking. I also liked the naval defence museum. The HK history museum is quite good but it's weird how all these HK history museums are... they are quite interesting and relatively objective talking about the Colonial era (acknowleging a lot of the positives which are real despite how a lot of people are programmed to think) but as soon as 1997 hits, it's like you've been teleported to the mainland and suddenly it's low information, few interesting artifacts and commie propaganda with a lot of "the Hong Kong people saw the work of the Communist Party and agreed that it was good" and "the positive ties between the people of Hong Kong and the Peoples Liberation Army continue to grow stronger".

>where can I find dank weed?
No idea. Free advice: that shit will kill your ambition and turn you in to a feckless, whiny retard.

>is Elements mall just another rich asshole's mall (i.e. filled with stores like Gucci, Rolex, etc.)?
It's my understanding that this is what catering to rich Mainlanders has done to all HK malls. But I'm not a mall guy.

I did all these hikes with a buddy who organised it all so I dunno names. What I would say is do a long hike that ends at a beach, then jump in the sea at the end to cool off.

Nah, Chinese liquor is crap. If you spend a LOT of money it is less awful. HK is hot as fuck so really light beer is what you might as well stick to.

I never liked LKF nightlife and thought Kowloon nightlife was way cooler. But then I didn't go out too much when I was there. Wanchai if you wanna bang cheap hookers.
>>
>>1419565
What's the most synthwave city? Is it Hong Kong?
>>
>>1419565
Why you care about elements?... And dank weed, you know to what part of the world are you going?.

Places, I did eat the best crab in the world at Jumbo restaurant. Seriously good. From there I took a taxi to Stanley beach and chilled in the evening.

There's another place in Sham Shui Po which sells bamboo pole noodles, and many other unique eateries in HK.

I would not go to Chungking mansion unless you are poor or want to eat African or Indian food. Avoid.

I prefer central any time of the day, except night in which Kowloon waterfront can be quite good, unless it's very crowded.

And star ferry as much as you can.
>>
>>1419565
Where in HK can i buy old(imperial) HKD notes from 1980s?
Is it true that imperial coins with Queen Elizabet The Second still in use and i can get those coins randomly in the change at stores?
>>
>>1419605

Chungking Mansions was fine. Tiny ass rooms but comfy.
>>
>>1420299
The cent coins will have the queen on.
20c and 10c, not all but quite common, I think from 90s or 80s. 1997 was the hand over.
I may have had 1 dollar and 50c, but can't remember.
You will for certain get 20c with the queen on.

Check out this thread 2017
https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread345367.html

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.