[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1491581783836.jpg (126 KB, 1280x960)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Any tips for travelling as a picky eater? Fucking my way through eastern europe soon but I'm very autistic about food and concerned about starving or being stuck eating nasty shit.
>>
Bring your own chicken tendies in a cooler.
>>
>>1419849
Think of the positives. If you dont lile the food, you'll get so fucking lean
>>
I'm Eastern European, so I cannot relate.

I miss the sauerkraut and red pepper type of taste the most when away from home, so I guess if you avoid cabbage-related/pickled stuff, you get some pretty neutral meals.

Picky as in what do you not like?

If you're really bad, just cook your own food, like the locals do. There are plenty if amazing markets, supermarkets.
>>
>>1419852

/thread
>>
>>1419849
Well this is a perfect opportunity to stop being a bitch and open your palate
>>
>>1419849
Discover this one neat trick: Stop being an autistic manchild
>>
>>1419849
Grab your food in a supermarket instead of going to restaurants. Problem solved.
>>
I was a super picky eater for the first 24 years of my life. I then moved to Japan, and didn't want everyone to think I was a loser fag not willing to eat cool new shit, and didn't want to refuse food from people giving me stuff, so I manned the fuck up, and it was life changing honestly. I enjoy pretty much all food now, with the exception of chicken cartilage, which sucks but isn't that horrible.

Basically, grow up.
>>
>>1419878
If it was that easy I would have already done it my nigga
>>
>>1419849
Are you traveling alone? I’d fucking hate to be the guy who has to go around with you and put up with your autism.
>>
>>1419912
Yes, would be kinda weird to take someone with me on a prostitution tour. Hopefully that makes things easier.
>>
Food is half the reason to travel. Man the fuck up.
I ate ducks blood last time I traveled, it was fine. I'm sure some kind of polish dumpling will be considerably better.
>>
>>1419899
It is that easy. You're just a bitch who doesn't want to try.
>>
>>1419939
I don't want to be gagging and squirming like a tard in public
>>
>>1419916
In eastern Europe? I hope this is ignorant Ameritrump geography and you are actually going to *central* Europe where it's legal and where all the actual eastern Euros travel to work.
>>
>>1420012
Only pedants say this shit. Czechia and Poland are eastern Europe.
>>
>>1419849
Any specifics that you like or dislike?
If you say some of your safe foods might be equivalent in whatever country.
>>
>>1420029
Eggs, tomatoes, peppers, anything pickled, anything brined, anything overly salty/spicy
>>
>>1420173
You can buy dry pasta to boil pretty much anywhere, if that's your thing.
>>
>>1419849

Honestly dude I'd just acclimatize to foods you don't like by eating them heavily spiced. Like I hated okra but when I was in India they had very heavily spiced okra and I loved it. Now I can eat okra anywhere.
>>
stay home and never even consider traveling again
>>
>>1420173
im sure they have roasted/grilled meat
>>
>>1420173
my god you're a fag. man up.
>>
>>1419893
This basically, I used to be fairly picky as a kid and it was fairly easy to get over, the concept of gross and appetizing are very abstract and can be changed with simple mindset ajustments.
>>
I travelled with a picky eater and it was the fucking worst. You need to drop this bullshit.
>>
Unless you're a Religious Type with a No Pork Policy, I don't see what you need advice over.

Just stay away from the Fast Foods and make whatever you can at home using natural ingredients.

That's at least my best tip...
>>
I'm allergic to seafood, I stop breathing and can die easily. Is it possible for me to travel anywhere in Asia or should I write off that side of the world?
>>
If you don't know the language, there's a good chance you'll be too shy to enter restaurants in the first place
>>
>>1420623
you should let natural selection whisk you away from this existence
>>
>>1419849
stop being a picky eater you fucking autist
>>
>>1419893
Bro, there's picky, then there's fucked up picky.

Worked with a guy who only ate: chicken tenders, French fries, steak, goldfish, pretzels, and candy. Literally.

He has never tried pineapple, beef jerky, or pizza. He eats 0 vegetables.

We once had him try and eat some vegetables and I watched him go pale as he chewed on them before he started gagging.
>>
There is a McDonald's in almost every country on this planet. What exactly is the point of this thread except for special snowflaking?
>>
>>1420623
You do realize many Asian countries have many vegetarian options available, right?

If you need to have your meat, it's still not difficult to avoid seafood.
>>
>>1419849
I hate people like you. Live life you fucking coward
>>
>>1419943
No one cares about it more than you
>>
>>1419849
Please get AIDS so you get TPN until you die.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.