[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

How do I stop myself from losing so much damn weight while traveling ?
Last year , I went on a 2 month trip and lost 35 pounds; it was hard to keep my calorie intake while walking +10 Miles a day.
Took me a year to get back to the weight I lost but now I’m leaving for another 3 months. I am insecure about my self image so i compensate by lifting heavy ass weights and eating a ton.
Is it possible to bulk while in Europe and on the move ?
Halp me /trv/ , /fit/ is full of autists who never set foot outside of their countries.
>>
Drink your calories if you're that concerned.
>>
>>1419999
This. Drink your calories. If you don't want empty calories then use things like protein/nutrition shakes. Otherwise, just juice. Liquor, though technically a carbohydrate, is a "zero carb" drink because it has no glycerin affect, but contains calories, if you want a non-sugary drink. Add milk/cream to your coffees. When you do eat eat heavy, and calorie dense foods. Have nutrition/protein bars. In the USA hikers/campers use MRES or freeze dried meals to maintain calorie intake on the move
>>
>>1420005
Can I bring dry protein powder in my carry on bag?
>>
>>1419999
Modern countries have all have enough food available. Dirty bulk if its too difficult to eat clean?
>>
>>1420033
Just gets expensive to eat clean and sometimes, I won’t be able to cook my own meals.
Plus , portions in Europe are tiny (yes I’m an American). I don’t wanna lose my gains brahs !
>>
>>1420031
Yes, put it in ziplock bags to save space. label it clearly, maybe stray away from Vanilla. I have never had an issue with a ziploc, but I reckon you can throw the label from the packaging in there. But since you will be in Europe, thst may be overkill. If going third world, avoid vanilla.
>>
>>1419999
What's your weight? 35 pounds is like 20 kg, doesn't it mean you were fat before the trip?
>>
>>1420051
Chocolate is the only way to go anyways. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1420057
Last year , I was 205, I dropped to 170 in two months. I was so bummed out, but my abs at least became more defined, obviously. I am around 200 pounds right know. I’m 6’2 btw.
>>
>>1419999
Hello, fellow /fit/izen. Overall you can eat stuff like oats, peanut butter, etc (you can also go GOMAD, but you don't need to go that wild). Are you gonna be doing calisthenics? Overall why don't you just use the period to cut?
>>
>>1419999
I don't think there is any avoiding it bruh

non american gyms are NEVER going to have enough plates for you to even maintain let alone progress

I met an absolutely jacked dude last year. he carried fucking some sort of metal threaded resistance cables (must have been hundreds of pounds) and had a full routine going on, and mailed supps to himself ahead of his arrival time, and he still lost like, 30 pounds over a year

check out frank yang, man. he says he settled on the body he has because he felt like a prisoner in the gym. he's rich but couldn't party, travel, go yachting, like anything remotely fun,because of his routine

no point in the pussy if you have to do that, man

only american girls are so slutty you need to be jacked, too. everyone else on the planet is more reasonable. if you look good, you'll get your knob slobbed
>>
>>1420091
>only american girls are so slutty you need to be jacked, too. everyone else on the planet is more reasonable

completely wrong
>>
>>1420092
I didn't say they aren't sluts. but it is objectively easier for someone that isnt Meatman McBeefbuff to get laid.

the absolute state of american obesity creates more competition for thin girls. I am not saying other girls are more "pure" or anything oft he sort. supply and demand. it is simple
>>
>>1420061
205 is super fat. I am only slightly shorter than you and when I went up from about 130 to 160 everybody started mentioning that I became fat.
>>
>>1420084
Last year, it was a pain in the ass to find half of that stuff, even in major cities like Rome. Just might stick with calastethics. No other option.
>>
>>1420100
>205 is fat.
Nigger. You serious ?
>>
>>1420121
>Fatt mutt immediately posts roid users pics instead of his own

Like pottery
>>
>>1420095
no
>>
>>1420255
nice counter

you sound like you don't get laid
>>
>>1419999
Drink milk, seriously you'll get like 800 calories out of a litre for really cheap
>>
>>1420145
I could post my own
>>
>>1420260
lol you sound like you're out of shape and bitter about it

>the absolute state of american obesity creates more competition for thin girls

So you think there are barely any thin girls and tons of buff dudes competing for them? For every fat chick there is a fat guy (roughly speaking). This is the US not fucking China.

Try picking up chicks in Moscow without being an alpha male. Or try scoring in Tel Aviv as a beta male. It's not going to happen!

You think that you will magically be loved for what's on the inside as soon as you leave the US? You are delusional.
>>
>>1420322
I never said that you dumb nigger

but EVERY fat man goes after skinny girls, fucking up the ratio

in fucking fact, it is easier to score in russia, just not moskau, but even then, moskau is easier than NY. obviously centers of money and finance are going to be harder you dumb fucking nigger

jesus christ. I also never said anything about love. the fucking absolute state of retarded americans

further, the obesity rate is nearly 30% in population centers, and there is an additional 37% overeight segment. in total more than 2/3ds of us adults are unfuckable. on top of that, some are fucking ugly. some are black. some areh ookers or have stds. the competition and environment is poisonous. I'm not even saying is impossible, but just harder than it needs to be and pure poison, hence dumb people like you pay 1k for bottle service at some ratty club

please kill yourself you retarded nigger
>>
>>1420319
but didn't
>>
>>1420319
So why didn't you? Fat nigger
>>
>>1420322
>So you think there are barely any thin girls and tons of buff dudes competing for them? For every fat chick there is a fat guy (roughly speaking).
This is only obese. Once you include the overweight, there are more fat men than fat women. Life in the US is easy-mode for men if you are not fat.
>>
>>1420388
>>1420382
Fags.
Cutting during the trip is gonna be a must.
>>
>>1420442
El abomanacion...
>>
>>1420497
...de Tamaulipas y Tejas
>>
Been thinkng about this for a while, but we should create a minimal to no equipment workout routine and on the go clean eating infographic. /out/ and /k/ could probably get some use out of it as well.

Anyway, off the top of my head, a suspension trainer and resistance bands might be worthwhile to carry. They should pack fairly easy and not be too heavy. Pull ups can improvised with your surrounding environment. Substitute handstand push ups for overhead press. As anon mentioned above peanut butter is a good food option. Perhaps trail mix is another good one. Just a few ideas.

If you are only sticking to the city, I guess you could use various gyms along the way but they'll vary in quality and all those day passes could add up. Maybe if you find a good chain where your membership works across locations. Knowing your way around fast food could be helpful, and whenever you can prepare food yourself, whole food staples could be another option.

Really though, the fact is that you won't be able to be as /fit/ and healthy as you'd like, so you'll have do what you can.
>>
This is why I like being lean. OP. I'm about 8-10% year-round and lose a bit of muscle when I'm traveling. But it comes back so quickly if I eat right and work out for 2 weeks because I've been doing it for so long.

But for the most part, I can count calories and all my gains have been natural/no supplements so I'll look pretty jacked for 2-3 months before I really start losing most of my gainzzzzz
>>
>>1420558
Olympic rings would have your whole upperbody covered. Then you can train legs once a week at a gym somewhere. I do trials at places and tell them I've just moved and want to see the vibe of the gym before I commit blah blah blah.
>>
>>1420561
The only thing about the rings themselves is they don't pack as tightly as suspension trainer handles. Whether that's an issue depends on the person. I completely forgot about the gym trials though. Good option if you can make it work.
>>
>>1420558
I wonder if anyone’s ever written a book or a viable blog about it. I tried day passes before. It’s stupid expensive ; and most of the time , you need to be a local resident for it to work.
>>
Sounds like a perfect Dietary Plan you got going there...

How do I get those kinds of Results Locally?
>>
>>1420675
I've only seen it covered in bits and pieces elsewhere on the web, never in a detailed or comprehensive enough manner to be considered a guide, at least IMO. So anon could make a good contribution here, like those made to other topics in the past. At the very least this could be a low investment way for /fit/ newfags and poorfags to get going.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.