[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ioi_waw_us.jpg (57 KB, 590x340)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Hello everyone
Planning a trip to Ireland with my brother for next month, hoping to get a couple ideas
We are definitely doing the plastic paddy stuff, like Kilmainham, GPO, going to see where our family came from in Galway, Cliffs of Moher etc. Have been to Dublin for a few days once before, pretty much all we did was drink though.
What are some other good ideas for how we can spend our time there? For reference, we are planning on going for 7-10 days and are going to rent a car when we get into Dublin, so hopefully we will be able to get around somewhat easily
>>
I'm not too fond of Ireland but I recommend the Burren National Park. It's a truly unique landscape, close to Galway.
>>
>>1432183
Thank you, exactly the type of suggestion I'm looking for. It looks beautiful.
>>
Went on a rugby tour a couple years ago. Limericks was a shithole but Cork was very cool. the downtown is on an island. the food market has delicious meat and cheese. the bars are fun too. the whole main drag is a good time.
>>
>>1432180
Burren, Clew bay/Croagh Patrick, Ceide Fields, Glendalough.
Also Donegal is beautiful as fuck but pretty empty. Getting a car is definetely a good idea
>>
>>1432180
Remember to kiss the Blarney Stone and tour the Guinness brewery if you are going full tourist.
>>
File: wicklowmountains.jpg (64 KB, 697x448)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1432180
Wicklow is pretty underrated for hiking imo
>>
>>1432180
Galway's great in the summer. Westport's a fun town. Nice stuff around there. Aran Islands maybe.Donegal's spectacular if you head that far north. Remote and wild.

A good strategy might be to do the Wild Atlantic Way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.