[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I will be in Frankfurt from July 23 - 26 with nothing to do and I figured I should go somewhere with a lot to do.

Right now I'm thinking Berlin or Paris -- is there anywhere /trv/ might advise that I can get to relatively easily by high speed train?

I have already been to Munich so I don't want to go there.

I think I would just use my free time to go to museums and walk around aimlessly so a city such as Berlin/Paris with tons of museums and interesting sights seem ideal.
>>
>>1433530
You're underestimating travel times. 3 days are very little time for major destinations as well. Why don't you visit the region around Frankfurt? (which is a dump)
Mainz, Trier and Heidelberg are nice.
>>
>>1433559
I can get train tickets from Frankfurt to Paris or Berlin that will take roughly 4 hours...that doesn't seem bad at all.

I would leave early in the morning on the 23rd and come back around noon on the 26th.

I thought about going to Cologne, Bonn, Mainz, and Koblenz...that is still possible, though I'm not sure about that.
I can only think of the following for those cities:

>Cologne
Cathedral
Romano-German Museum
>Mainz
Gutenberg Museum
>Bonn
Beethoven House
>Koblenz
Deutsches Eck
Cable car

It seems like after just a few hours in any of those cities they would become boring, for me, at least, given my interests.
>>
>>1433560
>köln
>bonn
you don't want to go there, mainz is nice thugh
>>
>>1433708
Wut? Köln is nice.
>>
>>1433530
i think going to Berlin is a good idea. Alternatively you could go to Hamburg and Bremen/Hannover
>>
FKK Oase
>>
>>1433560
If you are into history visit Haus der Geschichte in Bonn. Its by far the best museum for modern history in Germany. If you are into art I highly suggest museum Ludwig in Cologne. You also have Rauchenstrauch-Jost museum in Cologne, which focuses more on ancient history. You only need 15m from one city to another
>>
Welp I chose Paris
>>
>>1435032
RIP
>>
>>1433792
Don't go to Bremen or Hannover. They are shitholes. Hamburg is nice.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.