[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 1534369776110.png (1.14 MB, 1097x1227)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>that one hippie guy who won't tell you where he's from because he's "a world citizen"
>that one guy who will randomly take out his guitar in the common room and play Wonderwall
>that one girl that only talks about how "fucked up man" she was last night or last weekend or at the last rave
>>
>that one guy who talks about how much better things are done at home
>>
>>1466992
>those pathetic people who stay in hostels over the age of 23
>>
>>1466996
I know you're memeing but the most interesting people I've met in hostels were 30-45 years old. Not talking about partying of course but they have a lot to tell and are very open minded so talking to them is very pleasant.
>>
>>1466992
>That one guy who never showers or brushes his teeth
>>
>that one parent-child combo even though the kid is an adult
>>
>>1467012
You caught me
>>
>>1466992
>that one guy who enters the hostel, sees everyone talking together and is so scared of human interaction he pretends he has to go out and just walks around the block repeatedly and doesn't come back in until 2am
Never been to a hostel but I'd be that guy
>>
>>1467027
Disgusting. If you sleep in the same room as me, at least don't snore with an open mouth all the time when you refuse to brush your teeth.
>>
>that one guy who spends an absurd amount of time eating the free food the hostel offers

Like damn, nigga, how many pieces of toast do you really need to eat?
>>
>>1467050
I burp and fart and lay on the sofas in the common room with no shirt on
>>
>>1467075
Gotta carb up for the day

>>1467077
Proper lad
>>
Honestly, wtf is the point of hostels these days. I find private airbnb's for the same price or cheaper
>>
>>1466992
>that guy who loudly storms into the room at 3am, turning on the lights and waking everyone up
>>
>>1467097
Some retard did this in a hostel I was staying in Barcelona, me and the guy in the bunk above me literally got in a fist fight with him. We were both kicked out but god damn was it worth it to see his narcisstic, self obsessed, bitch ass face plead for mercy. Do not regret at all. Really don't understand the guys in this thread who just sit and let it happen like a bunch of pussies
>>
>>1467102
So how was your childhood and how is your relationship with your father figure?
>>
>>1467104
Great childhood with a great relationship with my dad. He put me in martial arts for 10+ years and taught me to stand up for myself. The dumbass in the hostel started swinging and was put down quickly
>>
>>1467102
>literally got in a fist fight with him
>worth it to see his narcissistic, self obsessed, bitch ass face plead for mercy
>just sit and let it happen like a bunch of pussies
>>1467112
>He put me in martial arts for 10+ years and taught me to stand up for myself.
Based boomer
>>
>>1467102
>that one guy who gets physical with other travelers
>>
>that guy who was staying in some Indian shithole small town for the last 3 years and now has to make everything he sees a reference to it
>"oh wow, a TV. Haven't seen those in ages. you know we didn't have those there"
>"oh wow a supermarket. Haven't seen those..."
>"oh wow, a toilet..."
>>
>>1467102
Was he French by any chance?
>>
>>1467140
was about to ask the same. It's always a French or Chink
>>
>>1467112
This happened.
>>
>that one traveller that loses their stuff and says there's a thief
>>
>>1467142
English chav
>>
>>1466992
> That one Israeli guy with holocaust survivor stories from his family.
> That one couple fucking as loud as possible so everyone knows what a great sex life they have
>>
>>1467169
>that one guy who rhythmically moves in the bunk below you and sounds like he could be masturbating but you don't know for sure and you try to ignore it
>>
>>1467093
I think you're right when it comes to many developed nations. I'm Danish and considering the price for a bed in a dorm, I would NEVER pay for a hostel in Copenhagen. Airbnb or cheap hotel is only slightly more expensive

However in places like Egypt or Cambodia, it's hard to beat $5 hostels if you're on a budget
>>
tfw i have never met cool people because i am accommodated in top tier hotels for old farts
>>
>>1467120
why is the zoomer wearing 90s attire?
>>
>>1466996
>>1466996
Not him, I think the same, so he is probably not memeing.
I still remember that shithole hostel hub in thailand famous among the backpacker community. Jesus, that place should be nuked to hell. What a scam, that wasnt thailand.
>>
>>1467218
Thats what zoomers wear. Fila, Kappa, baggy tracksuites, fannypacks, etc. are in fashion this year.
>>
>>1467093
In some places that's not possible tho.
>>
>>1467237
>2016
>>
>>1466993
This is the one that I really hate. Guitar guy sucks, rich hippy sucks, drunk 20 year old chick sucks, but "this place is dumb, it's so much better where I'm from" is the one I want to backhand.
>>1467021
Sad.
>>1467135
I don't advocate blind violence but some people have it coming.
>>
>>1467237
>Fila, Kappa, baggy tracksuites, fannypacks

So 90s hiphop clothing is coming back?
>>
>>1467463
It's been a thing for many years now. I thought it should be on it's way out but Melbourne fashionweek showed me I was wrong. The majority still wears skinny jeans lmao.
>>
>>1467021
lmao not having a good parent child relationship
>>
>that one Korean dad who won't shut the fuck up about how Korea is better, or how certain aspects of other cultures are similar to Korea's; basically trying to shoehorn Korea into every conversation
>>
>>1466992
>that one instagirl who travels to "find herself" but all she does is get drunk and go to places just to snap pics for her social media
>>
>that 70y old kiwi that only eats eggs
>>
> that one hippie guy who won't tell you where he's from because he's "a world citizen"

Hah, met a girl like this once, she was a bit hippie/hipster like, and for some reason just said she's from ''all around''.

Fuck that.
>>
>>1467838
I've had some dumb bitch tell me "I'm from no where." I asked what that's like and she said "liberating."

People suck sometimes
>>
>that naked dude who say's hes from "pie urheimat"
>>
>>1467604
9 out of 10 women under the age of 30 do this.
>>
>>1467031
I did that once
>>
>>1467888
>Once
I always need a day or two to be outgoing and talk to people. After that it's fine and I normally go out to drink with random travellers I just met. But before that, I always feel like a loser. At least it's just temporary so whatever, especially since I fill that time with watching my favourite shows and YouTube channels
>>
>>1467867
I had a guy tell me “I am” when asked that question. His chakras were so aligned that his existence was not pegged to our physical plane. Truly remarkable.
>>
File: giphy.gif (489 KB, 490x329)
489 KB
489 KB GIF
>>1467913
>>
>>1467604
How are women financed such a class-exclusionary lifestyle by their families (as they invariably are)? If I were paying my daughter's rent, she'd be in school, not a drunken layabout in another country.
>>
>>1467913

I just tell people I've had my chakras removed when they start getting uppity.
>>
>>1467093
Usually cheaper

Filled with people your age
>>
>>1467604
So all girls 18-35 who travel
>>
>>1468008
As if you were able to control her lmao. It's fine though, just a stereotype.
>>
>>1467031
Fuck.
>>
>>1467093
Social aspect?
>>
>that guy that talks about some other guy being "that guy" without realizing he is actually "that guy" himself
>>
>>1468147
>That guy who 'figured them all out' and is obnoxiously telling others about it
>>
>>1467102
I had to spend one night at a hostel. I check in, find my room, see there's two top bunks free. I leave one of my hoodies on one of them and my backpack on the floor next to the bunk. I go out for the night and when I return, I see my hoodie thrown on the floor and someone sleeping on the bed. The other bed was still free.
I wake up the next morning and the guy sleeping in the bed I originally chose was taking a shower. I pack my stuff up and before I left the room I turned out the light of the bathroom.
>>
>>1467150
me, lel
>>
>>1468045
You're right in that a person cannot control another person.

However, daddy can just as easily stop sending money to his daughter.
>>
>>1468501
But the parenta never know. They just see the insta pics and the "oh I went hiking and it was great" stories. And it's supposed to be like that. Adults always filter what they tell to certain people. Like I'm not gonna tell my family the shit I do when I party on the weekends, half of the people on this board would get disinherited.
>>
>>1467102
you should have been kicked out and you should never stay in hostels, it's a fucking dorm you imbecile
>>
>>1468045
Eviction and a job market to someone with no references or experience is a strong incentiviser.
>>
>>1468529
So, it's true then. You're all kept youth. The children of petty bourgeoisie.
>>
>>1468593
that's why people should respect each other's property, leisure and privacy
>>
>>1468673
My life didn't suck ass so far, should I feel bad about that?
>>
>>1466992
Guitar guy is always the worst.
>everyone please stop and look at what I can do, and if you talk you're obviously disrespecting me
>>
>>1468332
>I leave one of my hoodies on one of them and my backpack on the floor next to the bunk
I always mess up the sheets so that it looks like I already slept in it. That discourages people a bit more.
>>
>>1466992
All of them are obnoxious concert motormouth hippies, except the second one.

I'd approach him and tell him to play something a bit more classy like Real Estate or Beach Fossils or SWEAT or something... I'm a good music lover, don't judge me.
>>
>>1468843
If you really want to discourage people, make visible cum stains.
>>
>>1468863
Why would you want to hear your favourite songs screeched and put to shame by a guitarist backpacker who might just do it to get laid?
>>
>>1468814
> nobody has posted it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcLarzg1Pg
>>
>>1468814
If you want to drown out guitar guys, bring an instrument that's even louder than a guitar.

Harmonicas are good. They're small, light, inexpensive, and really fucking loud. If you actually give enough of a shit, it's also easy to learn to play properly.
>>
>>1468914
Harmonicas don't get you pussy tho
>>
>>1468915

I don't know man. If I was a girl, I would fuck a guy who can play some Enrio Morricone shit on a harmonica.
>>
> that asocial Asian dweeb (often Korean or Japanese) who doesn't speak much and barely ever leaves the hostel at all, just sits on his bed with laptop open all day

> those loud girls who always come back at 2 or 3, always with maximum noise
>>
always wanted to do the meme hostel experience, going out, partying with group and whatnot. but now that im almost a 30 y.o boomer i'll just be "that guy." funnny since i have money now and ability to work from anywhere i want
>>
>>1468996
Don’t let the memes stop you. I’ve partied with plenty of 30+ year olds at hostiles, nobody gives a fuck. Nobody asks how old you are, as that rarely comes up in casual conversation really anywhere.
>>
>>1468996
It's all so casual and you meet SO MANY different people in SUCH A SHIRT TIME that nobody will give a fuck. If you happen to hate the experience, just check out and go to a nice hotel.
>>
>>1468996
If you're just starting out in your 30s, you could still easily pass for mid to late 20s.
>>
>>1466992
>>that one girl that only talks about how "fucked up man" she was last night or last weekend or at the last rave
god i hate women
>>
>>1469007
Those are my favorite sorts of girls. They'll often eat your asshole if you drink with them.
>>
>>1467604

Literally most female travellers I have met
>>
>>1468919
The Asian guys confuse me the most. Why are they here? Did their parents send them?
>>
>>1467209
>i have never met cool people
I have met cool people. But honestly, they're not that cool most of the time. They are just ordinary pretending to be cool. If I have to stay in hostels I get a private room.
>>
>>1467873
>11 out of 10 women under the age of 30 do this.
FTFY
>>
>>1468996
>ability to work from anywhere i want
this is my dream
teach me senpai
what do you do?
>>
>>1469070

They're there because their innate Asian stinginess overcomes their anti-social preference. Can't beat a $5 hostel for the price. They'll still spend all day with their tablet, though, not interacting with people in the slightest.
>>
>that guy who didn't make any friends in his dorm so he makes friends with the hostel staff

>that guy drinking in the hostel bar all day

>those guys who go on the hostel organised pub crawl

>that one doctor on a conference in a giant dorm room with an early 20's soccer team and a bunch of girls that stayed up all night getting trashed and fucking in the room

>that group of people in the hostel garden who hand you a beer and a smoke at 9am because it will help with the hangover

>that guy you step over who didn't make it all the way to his room
>>
>>1469070
>I am confused as to why Asians travel in their part of the world.
k
>>
>>1469145
>those guys who go on the hostel organised pub crawl

there is nothing wrong with this
>>
>that guy who seems to sleep 85% of the time and goes out at 2am by himself
wait that's me
>>
>>1469157
Are you retarded, female and french
>>
>>1467625
I feel like you're just listing an extremely specific example my dude
>>
>>1467915
Based
>>
>that guy who comes back late at night completely high on who knows what and rambles nonstop about completely nonsensical things
>>
>>1469145
>>that group of people in the hostel garden who hand you a beer and a smoke at 9am because it will help with the hangover
how is this a bad thing
>>
>>1469146
Candy crush in your bed is not traveling.
>>
>>1469186

Even funnier/sadder is the Indian who's always sitting at the hostel's computer
>>
>>1467838
>>1467867
There are a lot of stereotypes to go with nationalities though, and a lot of people judge others solely because of their country. Some people don't always wanna get judged. Or maybe they're not proud of their country, etc.

Also, a guy who is from Italy but probably traveled half his life/lived in different countries from an early age is a bit different than the 25 year old on his first trip outside Italy.

Third, saying you're from nowhere is kinda liberating. Don't really have to be that person you've been before on different trips. Make up a name, say you're from somewhere else and act different.
>>
>>1469145
>not going on the hostel organized pub crawl
It's better the more times you go since its it's a lot of the newer people's first thing they do so you look more experienced. I usually have a few people buy me drinks at every one, am male btw
>>
>>1467551
I actually think this shit can be kind of interesting, but it does get old really quick.
>>
File: 1532936426282.jpg (57 KB, 512x292)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1468769
Yes. You should feel very bad, privileged white boy.
We are coming to collect your money now, you racist bigot.
>>
>>1468916
>If I was a girl, I would fuck a guy who can play some Enrio Morricone shit on a harmonica.
>If I was a girl
>Using your male brain to determine what you'd be doing as a girl
It doesn't work like that anon. If I was a girl I'd like to think I'd be doing all sorts of shit to better the world. Abstaining from dumb thot behavior and giving dudes of quality a chance over the wankers.

But it doesn't work like that. A rational brain cannot put itself in the place of an irrational being. If you were a girl, you'd be getting drunk and letting a guy have a threesome with you and your hot friend because the lanky Chad managed to play Wonderwall by a pit fire. You'd be out there fucking up the world like all women.
>>
File: DiRBNV8U0AAT_04.jpg (136 KB, 899x1200)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>Those old fucking American boomers on your tour group with you who have never known an interesting conversation in their lives, get drunk off the wine and act like absolute stereotypical boomers

>That old guy who is probably not gonna make it to the end of the tour, had a stroke a few months before we departed, has awful random fits of coughing and nose bleeds, needs a heavy machine to breathe when he sleeps at night that you have to lug around on foot, refuses to even drink water instead of just diet coke, and nearly falls down like 10 times (my grandpa)

>That hot Australian girl with a really nice, squishy looking ass who looks and acts like she's a celebrity, much higher than you on the global social ladder, who you don't have a chance to talk to because you are caring for you grandpa the whole trip, and even if you could talk to her she'd probably reject you because she's rich and hot. You end up going home and trying to find out as much info as possible on her and request to follow her on instagram out of no where but she rejects you so you settle for fapping to her facebook and online modelling pics.

>That old dude who called me a jerkoff because I told him four people and all our luggage wasn't gonna fit in the tiny rickety ass Italian elevator, so he'd have to wait.

>That Shitskin who offers you sewer water at every landmark and selfie sticks with a "10 year warranty"

>That guy who holds up the line at the Autogrill by ordering entirely in English to a waitress who only speaks Italian, can't hear her anyway because he's mostly deaf, then attempts to pay in all change as the hoard of smelly Italian people accumulates (also my grandpa)

>That old woman who takes a shit in the bus toilet, stinks up the place, then gets to Autogrill and claims the men's room for her own as a feminist statement

>That American chauvinist who is excited to tell everyone back home Italian food is actually worse than Olive Garden (me)
>>
File: World_Passport_Cover.jpg (682 KB, 975x1354)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>1466992
>that one hippie guy who won't tell you where he's from because he's "a world citizen"
It would actually be interesting to see if one can travel as a world citizen with a world passport.
>>
>>1469309
Do you have autism?
>>
>>1469322
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1469375
>r9k
Yeah I'm an immigrant from another board. Deal with it. Diversity is our strength.
>>
>>1469309
t. Real Traveler™
>>
>>1469330
Jesus Christ, please learn how to greentext
>>
>>1467120
>>1467459
>I don't advocate blind violence but some people have it coming.
Not by your hand they dont.
You are not a good person and those around you can tell.
>>
>>1469309
Based. I always make up a new name and say I'm from another country when I travel considering I can speak Russian and French too. Best way to travel.

>>1469372
Do you?
>>
>>1467077
Based and redpilled.
>>
>>1469320
Do we really need to discuss American politics right here? Please fuck off.
>>
>>1469330
She probably rejected you because you stared at her ass with a semi the whole trip and always averted your eyes when she looked at you. She considered saying hello but you started creeping her out after a while with your staring.
>>
>>1469030
>They'll often eat your asshole if you drink with them.

you must have been lucky if you had that happen to you and more than once too.
>>
>>1469558
He's LARPing, learn to filter it
>>
>>1469543
Doesn't matter what he did, she was never attracted. If she found that anon hot she would enjoy being obviously checked out, this is how women work. If they are attracted to you, do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>1469572
Can you take your blackpillesque bullshit back to >>>/r9k/ ??
>>
>>1469575
Eh, he's right, women enjoy being looked at by people they find attractive. Strangely enough though, so do men
>>
>>1466996
I'm 29 and just hitting the point where I can afford to travel, even at a "grungy backpacker in hostel" level.

Why you gotta be so mean? Should I forget month-long outings and spend the money on hotel rooms since I'm 6 years older than the average hostel-goer age?
>>
File: australian_flag_3.jpg (35 KB, 800x670)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1469543
>She considered saying hello but you started creeping her out after a while with your staring.

She did say hello once on a boat. Her accent was too thick and sexy for my untrained American ear to really even understand besides her saying something about how back in London she did x, y and z on another boat, got wet In the water and something something x y z with her boyfriend.

To me it just sounded like "gday mate, kangaroo willy put another shrimp on the Barbie bloke got wet with a boat and when my boyfriend fell in gotta nother stingray stinger through the heart gday mateies aye shiver me timbers laddies arrrg my ass is squishy and Australian."
>>
>>1466996
I've always believed hostel demographics were based on economic class, not age.

I mean, if I were a 20-year old trust fund kiddie, and daddy gave me a credit card to use as I please, do you really think I would settle for a hostel? If anything, I'd be so drunk on power that I'd be staying at a 5-star hotel every night.

Inversely, if I were a 35-year old construction worker, do you really think I would blow all my earnings on a hotel rated higher than 3 stars? Depending on the pricing structure of where I'm staying, I would probably choose 1-2 star hotels, maybe a 3-star, or just settle for a hostel to further stretch my dollar.
>>
>>1469865
Construction workers usually stay 3 people or more a room in the most base hotel they can find especially if they're getting per diem
>>
File: welp.jpg (85 KB, 691x539)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>That weird guy who doesn't say much and just goes to bed and leaves the next morning before anyone else is up
>It's me
>>
>>1469865
I'm in my 30s and have high income. I still stay in hostels for the social aspect. I can and do also stay in 5 star hotels but in some places it's more fun to be in a hostel and meet people.
>>
>>1469865
>If anything, I'd be so drunk on power that I'd be staying at a 5-star hotel every night.

5 star hotels are boring. They're the same as 2-star hotels, just with nicer aesthetics. I could easily afford them but when I'm traveling solo, and not meeting someone there (or doing the tinder thing) then I get a hostel.
>>
>>1468529
Social media (usually) only shows the positive things in people’s lives. That’s why I never understood why people get upset comparing their lives to others.
>>
File: 1517908053324.png (7 KB, 404x399)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1469979
>they're the same as 2 star hotel
spoken like a true poorfag
>>
>>1469330
That sounds really specific
>>
>the dick measuring conversation about how long you have been traveling for
>>
>>1469967
Define “High Income”
No lie, this is anonymous
>>
>>1470155
6 figures per year in USD. Sure it's not a millionaire but when you're single and don't have much living expenses you do have a comfy amount of money to play around with.

High income by 4chan/young people standards, comfy income overall.
>>
>>1469979
>They're the same as 2-star hotels, just with nicer aesthetics
Don't forget you also have to pay for wifi and breakfast at a 5-star.

Cleanliness isn't much different, the housekeepers are making just slightly more than minimum wage in both.
>>
>>1470175
I make less than you do and I consider myself well off, and I live in one of the most expensive parts of America. I'd say describing yourself as a high earner is accurate.
>>
>>1470221
>Don't forget you also have to pay for wifi and breakfast at a 5-star.
Breakfast I can kind of understand, but wifi? Now that's weird. Free wifi is so ubiquitous in the hospitality industry that lacking it must be a detractor by this point.

No matter where I've stayed, whether it be 5-star or even 1-star, I've never stayed at a place that didn't have free wifi. The worst I've had to deal with was *poor* wifi, but it was still free. I never had to pay.
>>
>>1466992
>that one tall attractive German dude named Felix who bangs all the fuckables in turn
>that one Israeli couple who never talks to anyone else and has loud sex without caring
>>
>>1467031
>>1467888
>>1468048
Have none of you faggots ever discovered alcohol?
>>
>>1470296
If the German dude also fucked the Israeli girl, that would not only be devastating to the Israeli guy, but it would also be incredibly hilarious in a historical context.
>>
>>1469979
You probably think the hotel star rating system is like tripadvisor ratings, or like a michelin star review, right?

>I'll give you a hint, it isn't
>>
>>1470302
Speaking of Michelin stars, how did they obtain so much prestige? It started off as a tire manufacturer printing out travel brochures for people going on road trips. Now it's become this big major international standard for restaurants.
>>
>>1470303
First of its kind, accessibility of the rest of Europe by car and France being pretty Central, memes of hoighty toighty French aristocratic taste and luxury, who knows. But it sure gets those tires sold.
>>
>>1470079
>5 star hotels are the same as 2 star hotels but with nicer stuff
It's a completely accurate statement.
I sort of agree with anon's point, if you're only going to head back to the hotel to sleep and then go right out again in the morning, 5star is a waste of money.
It's more worth it when you're traveling with someone and spending time with them in the hotel room is a thing, or when you've got time and a reason to relax in the hotel and take advantage of the facilities.

I like high-class hotels for work but I find them a bit of a waste for tourism.

>>1470221
>pay for wifi and
That must be in Australia or USA. It's always been free anywhere I've stayed in Asia.

Paying for breakfast is a thing, usually you book a room with or without breakfast (and it will be cheaper than paying for it on the spot).

>>1470304
>memes of hoighty toighty French aristocratic taste and luxury
Pretty sure that that's why it's *still* popular.
It's a useful measure, you don't treat it as the be-all-and-end-all but it does tell you information about a place.
>>
>>1470080
That happens to everyone. Are you a Real Traveller??
>>
>>1470329
I usually sleep in highly-rated hotels as an occasional treat. After slumming it in hostels, budget hotels, and dingy guesthouses, I spend a few nights in a really nice place just to treat myself.

The low-end places are surprisingly uncomfortable.
>stained sheets
>rusty bathroom fixtures
>dusty ceiling fans
>moldy walls
>funky smell
>dirty floors
>insect/lizard infestation
I know that for most of you, this is probably nothing, but these minor setbacks make me incredibly uncomfortable.

I agree that you don't have to go with 5-star for maximum comfort, but I'll take it, goddammit.
>>
>>1470329
>5 star hotels are the same as 2 star hotels but with nicer stuff
>It's a completely accurate statement.

This is actually wrong. The stars are direct measures of tangible services offered. Something like "cleanliness" is assumed at all levels at least 2+.

It doesn't matter if your hotel is the fanciest goddamn place on earth, if your tub is solid gold and the floor tiles were ripped from Versaille, if you don't have 24-hour room service, reception and a concierge then you ain't 5 star. If you don't have a restaurant at all, or a spa, or a gym, you ain't 5 star. 3 at most. If you have all of the above but without round-the-clock availability then 4 star.

>Half stars are a meme.
>>
>>1470301
It's only "hilarious" if you are completely autistic obsession with the Holocaust and didn't realize that it's not 1946 anymore.
>>
File: c6b.png (177 KB, 1000x1000)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>1470336
the star system should be expanded though
no one in the right mind should equate something like a hilton anywhere close to a rosewood or peninsula
>>
>>1467093
Airbnb is banned in some countries
>>
>>1470303
Same way that AAA diamond ratings became the hotel industry standard
>>
>>1470329
>That must be in Australia or USA
Yep, paid wifi at every 4&5 star I've stayed at. Hilton at least makes it free if you're joing their rewards program.
>>
File: 1382541337420.jpg (42 KB, 616x462)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1470303
Michelin star became sort of a joke too
im not gonna besmirch some goddamn super chef and the incredible effort to pull off some dishes but their method of reviewing and accreditation is suspect
>>
>>1470423
I had a dish that looks like that at Epcot
>>
>>1469677
No, you shouldn't, have your fun and do the things you like how and when you can. Normal people understand that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.