[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What's /trv/'s favorite airport?
>>
>>1480028
The one I have to spend the least amount of time in
>>
Munich
>>
Hong Kong
>>
Changi is nice
>>
>>1480028
>Seoul Incheon
>Paris Charles de Gaulle
>London Heathrow
>Kiev Zhuliany (because it's basically inside the city)
>>
Schiphol
>>
Detroit and Narita
>>
>>1480028
other than free wifi what makes an airport good?

even airports that were considered bad 20 years ago have wifi now and are better for the average passenger than the good ones 20 years ago
>>
>>1480162
Cleanliness
Crowd control
Ease of getting through security and customs
Availability of facilities
Look of the airport
Seating
Charging options

You're either retarded or from a third world country
>>
Now that Narita has updated terminal 1 with a 7-eleven, I'd say it's probably my favorite.
>>
>>1480162
>quality of food and drinks
>ease of access from/to city
>efficient getting through security/passport checks
>>
>>1480167
nah, I just find every first world airport is based on city size and pretty similar outside of what fast food outlets they have
I remember my local airport used to be famous for some art pieces, but now people just sit on their laptops instead of going to see them
>>
>>1480133
True answer
>like 10 minutes away from Amsterdam city center
>Tons of shit you can do
>You can legally check back in while stoned if you have a layover
>>
I like London City Airport
>mostly business travelers
>few kids or dumb tourists, so fewer delays
>have to pass security barriers only 20 minutes before gate closes
>easy to get into London from
>surprisingly good car rental desks
>views as you land and take-off
>>
>>1480199
Don't forget
>flights often delayed or cancelled due to weather
>>
>>1480202
yeah, that's the only bummer. Once there was bad fog, so got transferred to a different airport, but BA got me a car, so all I lost was time

There's also the lack of lounges, but I'd rather be through the airport quickly... the lounge novelty has definitely worn off
>>
Bangkok, Singapore, Orange County, Narita, and Munich have been good.
>>
>>1480028
>favorite airports:
DTW, HND and SGN
>Least favorite:
LGA

Going to LAX in a month, what am I in for?
>>
Prague Airport is godly
>>
>>1480291
BKK? Why? Everything is sticky and it's nearly an hour from Bangkok.
>>
Hong Kong for the convenience of airport express, the in town check-in, the express exiting the country with a biometric passport and the food options.
BUT airport shops are all the same now, and the duty free have lost its price competitiveness - so have the shops in HK btw - because all the prices have dramatically risen thanks to all the fucking Chinese tourists spending retarded amounts of cash on jewelry, perfumes and booze.

Worst I need to commute through on the regular: Paris Orly, Réunion and Mauritius.
>>
>>1480317
Are you talking about DMK? BKK is not that bad, and it's 20-25 minutes when there's no traffic. Admittedly most of the time there is and it can take an hour or more. But then you take the rail link.
>>
For just the airport, I think Incheon. It has everything, plus loads of comfy places to sleep. The problem is it's far from anywhere (despite having lots of transit options)
>>
Vancouver.

I'm biased, but I realized how lucky I was to have YVR as my airport when I started to travel for work.
>>
>>1480028
I quite like Atlanta if I'm making connections
>>
TLX
>>
Haneda and CDG

inb4 hurr i once saw a darkie on CDG and it hurt my epic kekistani feelings therefore it's shit
>>
>>1480028

Lisboa.

Small, comfy, connected to a subway line and practically inside the city.
>>
>>1480425
CDG is ok, but I wouldn’t rank it in my top five. I really enjoyed Narita and Incheon
>>
File: 5467836887.jpg (53 KB, 500x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1480028
vegas.
literally allows you to gamble within seconds of stepping off the plane, and you get to ride a cool subway thing to and from the terminal.
>>
>>1480125
>CDG

That's a joke, right?
>>
Some of my favorite airports are:

>Indira Gandhi International / Delhi International (DEL)
>Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
>Schiphol International (AMS)

Least favorite:

>Almaty International
>Fort Lauderdale International
>Narita International
>LaGuardia, obviously

Whichever terminal Japan Airlines uses at Narita is awful. There are only two or three places to buy food from, and all of them are utter shit. If an airport doesn't have McDonald's or other recognizable brands, it can go fucked--I'm not gonna spend $20 to get half a cup of soup from General ChuShu Chicken-Pho HotPot Man.
>>
>>1480690
>DEL
You must be joking right?
>>
>>1480043
Munich's nice but it's fucking giant. I had an hour layover there coming from the Middle East going to JFK and I barely made my flight due to how big the airport was.
>>
>>1480705

No, and I'm assuming you've never been anywhere near DEL. As an airport, it's far better than Narita and most other capital-city facilities. While the domestic terminal isn't anything special, T3 is pretty fantastic. There are all kinds of restaurants in the food court, good shops and comfortable public seating. T3 is also a 'silent terminal,' so there are few overhead announcements.

IIRC, T3 is typically regarded as one of the best international terminals in Asia and the best in the region.

My only big complaint is that free WiFi isn't unlimited and that outgoing security wait-times can be very unpredictable. I like India quite a lot as-is, but I also have to be honest in saying that checking bags on an India-outbound flight is hell--the local passengers always take ages to get through, since they argue over fucking everything.
>>
>>1480028
US here. My favorite domestic airport may be Long Beach (LGB). Small, clean, airy (a large portion is open to the air), efficient. Very quick to get through.

Easily the best airport in greater Los Angeles, although that bar is obviously quite low.

My favorite airport globally is probably everybody's darling, Changi. More to do for free than in just about any airport I've ever been in, good food and facilities to pay for if you're so inclined.

I see that many people like Hong Kong, too--I guess I like HKG just fine, but I have weird nostalgia for the crazy old Hong Kong airport at Kai Tak, because takeoffs and landings were so dramatic. Skyscrapers on both sides, so close you felt like you could read people's newspapers in their apartments. It was amazing. Much closer to town, too.
>>
>>1480721
I have been to DEL but granted it was a few years ago. Maybe it's better now. But when I was there it was a third world dirty airport and the lounges were shit too.
>>
>>1480309
Constant construction, poor cell reception, probably closer to LGA than your favorites. But I don't think it's worth dreading or anything. It's just not great.
>>
>>1480309
>Going to LAX in a month, what am I in for?

A trip to the 90's
>>
>>1480028
Istanbul's airport was pretty good
>>
>>1480158
I'll second Detroit

Such a good airport for such a shitty city
>>
>>1480733

When's the last time you went?

First time I flew out of DEL was in 2013, and it was pretty good then, too. Been in and out of India over a dozen times since. DEL is a good airport by any standard and exceptional in comparison to its regional counterparts.

So far as I can tell, India is renovating and upgrading its major ports of entry. I went through Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport last summer--it was one of the easiest entries I've ever had. Haven't been to or through Kolkata's Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport since 2015-ish, but I heard even that's pretty good now (I remember it being okay but lacking when I was there, but they completed renovations the year after).

>>1480757

I'm from Michigan.

DTW's full name is 'Detroit Metropolitan Airport.' It serves the entire metropolitan area and is not, in fact, located anywhere near the actual city of Detroit. IIRC, it's close to half an hour away by car.

Detroit is undoubtedly a shit-tier city, but its suburbs have some of the richest ZIP codes in the United States.

I vaguely remember flying into DTW as a kid, back when there were two passenger airports (Willow and DTW). It was total trash back then but is definitely one of the better airports in the U.S. now. The Delta Terminal is really nice.
>>
Unironically love JFK. I live 15 minutes away from it and it's a major hub for domestic and international. I can direct fly into pretty much any place worth visiting. No layover bullshit.

T5 which is the JetBlue terminal is fantastic and where I'm the most, with T4 for Delta a close second. I'm direct flying to Narita in a week using just points.
>>
>>1480789
I live closer to Newark so I prefer that but JFK really doesn't deserve the flak it gets. The Air France lounge in T1 is quite lovely.
>>
>>1480761
>it's close to half an hour away by car
Lots of major airports are like that. Houston and Chicago are great domestic examples
>>
>>1480656
10 km away from where I live so that counts
>>
Incheon airport

They have tons of shit and offer free tours

>me and gf have 14 hour layover in seoul
>plan on going on free tour
>decide to nap for a couple hours before the tour
>completely overslept by like 2 hours
>decide to try and make it to the city by ourselves
>uber was like 90 fucking dollars
>we leave the airport and ask for taxi prices and they were trying to charge us $60 for one way
>slowly inch back into the airport and cry ourselves back to sleep

They also offer free showers there which was pretty cool
>>
>>1480133
I thought so as well, but just coming back from a 5+ hour layover in Schipol I'm really annoyed by the complete lack of any worthwhile restaurants at the airport, particularly in the Schengen terminal. It's just sub-par fast food places and sandwich shops. The only sit-down restaurant is completely overrun with people.
>>
>>1480028
singapore
>>
>>1480761
Right. I love the motorized walkway with the light show. I went one year around Christmas, and it was synchronized to Trans-Siberian Orchestra music. Just awesome.
>>
Anyone else think Doha is shit?

I mean, it's modern and clean, but it's so fucking erie and soul-sucking. It feels like an episode of Black Mirror.
>>
File: vk3_KSLI.jpg (92 KB, 665x443)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1480309
SGN is your favorite? It's like a circus outside trying to leave the airport. And the lines for international departures are ridiculous. Domestic flights are not as bad but still shitty.
>>
>>1480817

Fair enough. I was just pointing out that DTW is in an affluent suburb of the city, considering that someone else said it's surprising that such a shitty place has a nice airport.
>>
>>1480309
DTW was a really nice surprise for me, I didn't expect a functioning, neat airport there.
LAX is a fucking mess
>>
Clearly frankfurt
>>
I haven't been to many but Hong Kong airport is my favorite. Border people are friendly and you can make a joke with them. Plenty of them to guide you where you need to be. Looks real nice and I love how long it is.
>>
I keep growing fond of Moscow airports (they all look the same once you're inside).
For how crowded they are they're really nice and I never had any delays or fuckups, everything just werks.
Every airport I've been to there's always some minor complaint: Long walks, crowds, confusing layout, shit transfers, etc...
Moscow ones are just normal. Nothing stands out and that's fucking great.

I also love my city airpot. There are barely any flights there and that means you can be done with pre-flight shit in 5 minutes.
>>
>>1480656
Jesus fuck had a 6 hour layover there. They were simulating desert temperatures in there, also nothing to do and only extremely expensive and subpar food options.
>>
Any airport where you need to pay for carts and/or wifi is garbage. Seems common in the US.
>>
>>1481286
>Pay for carts
Is this real?
>>
File: wilson.jpg (42 KB, 625x415)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Is there a way to find a flight with transit on specific airport?
>>
>>1481303
You can find multi-city flights for only slightly more. I managed to get 52 hours in Las Vegas on a business trip from Orlando to San Diego for only $40 more than booking a flight through (also that transited Vegas, but only for 3 hours).
>>
Washington-Dulles

gorgeous af
>>
I quite liked Reykjavík (Keflavík). It's chaotic and small, but you can just buy a beer, which they open for you at check-out, and amble about the place.
>>
>>1481256
>extremely expensive
For you
>>
>>1481366
I wanted to do shopping in narita airport on my way to sea from europe, but walllking around with 2 large bags seems like a bad time. Not to mention I would have to use diferent airlines and do extra screening in Japan.
>>
>>1481852
Why not do a multi-city booking on your way home to Europe? Then shop the airport after a day or two in Tokyo
>>
>>1482259
I'll have to pack more presents on my way back than on the way there. But it's probably going to be best to travel to destination, leave stuff there, do short trip to Tokyo and go back to SEA. I could travel carry-on only style.
>>
>Best:
-Copenhagen
-Narita
-HK
-Denver
-Vancouver

Worst:
-Doha
-Fort. Lauderdale
-Madrid
-LGA
-Heathrow
-Rabat
>>
I liked Amsterdam and Munich.
I hated most 3rrd world airports. Also I agree with the Doha comments, airport is clean, modern and everything but it's just dreadful and soul sucking, can't explain why desu
>>
Miami - Fort Lauderdale is terrible, absolute worst airport
>>
Toronto Pearson international - Had a 13hour layover there, all I did was play on the free tablets they had there and eat poutine the entire time.
>>
Pattaya airport. My friend and I were literally the only two customers in the whole airport when we flew to bangkok
>>
All airports are the same to me. I hate the whole experience and just auto pilot through it.
>>
>>1480397
+1 for YVR being the best.
My least favourite airport was Manchester though, what a fucking nightmarish experience that was.
>>
File: 1539642905723.jpg (396 KB, 1536x1217)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>1480028
YYZ.
>>
File: horror dog.jpg (60 KB, 720x726)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1480411
We have had interestingly divergent experiences in Atlanta, then.
>>
>>1481146
I have never embarked/disembarked there -- so maybe it is fine for that. And I have avoided it like the plague for a decade, so maybe it has gotten better.

But I have never had a worse experience transiting an airport than the three times I had to do so in Frankfurt.

Never again.
>>
>>1481302
Yep. Exception, sometimes you can get a free one at customs/passport control at your port of entry.
>>
How good Narita is seems to be extremely dependent on which terminal you pass through.
>>
>>1483041
Apparently. I found moving between terminals incredibly easy on the train, and the bars weren't too overpriced, as far as airports go.
>>
>>1483042
Transiting in Frankfurt is as shit today as it has been before.
>>
Changi was nice but lots of walking, didn't really do any of the shit there like movies etc but was easy to get around and even the toilets where nice

CDG was no where near as bad as people say, wouldn't even say it's bad. Not confusing to get around.

Terminal 3? i think at CDG is garbage but, just a big rectangle and no actual gates so you gotta get the shitty bus and even if you're first off the plane you just sit in a bus till they're all full before it leaves

Tegel in berlin was shit too
>>
>>1480162
I love airports period.
>>
File: Untitled.png (197 KB, 642x648)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
Best North American airports in 2018, per J.D. Power.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/jd-power-airport-satisfaction-ranking-2018

>Las Vegas and Orlando tied for first for best mega-sized airport

Huh?

>Ratings are based on customer satisfaction surveys.

Oh.

Although, I thought it was interesting how the satisfaction scores tend to be higher overall when the airport is smaller. It seems a superior alternative to one giant airport is to have a bunch of smaller airports spread out.
>>
>>1484017
Orlando's my home airport. It's super easy to get in and out of, but it'd be a bitch if you had to change between the two terminals, as you'd have to clear security again.
>>
>>1481133
LAX is garbage. Though I'm spoiled by Ontarios, CA which unfortunately only does domestics. Still you could hop in and out the airport in less than 15 minutes.
>>
File: long-beach-airpot.jpg (103 KB, 1400x788)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Long Beach, CA (LGB) because you board the plane via stairs from the outside, they dont use those stupid tunnels. This means they use the front and back of the plane to let people on. The worst part of flying is waiting for slow retards to get their luggage out of the compartment and get the fuck off the plane.

Also it's home to two top tier regional airlines: southwest and jetblue. It's small so security is fast and easy, there's a decent place to have a beer while you wait. Oh and they have valet parking for like $10 a day and they wash your car for you.

99% of you will never have reason to use it but it exists.
>>
>>1480690
Narita has three McDonalds. Two in Terminal 1 (one before and one after security), and one in Terminal 2 (before security). I think I've gone through all three terminals at different times, but 1 seems the best overall and I've used the most. I'd still have it at the top of my list, with the one downside caveat being the hour-long trip necessary to get into Tokyo itself from there.

Domestically, I like PDX. It's comfortable, convenient, and I haven't had any difficulties through it yet.
>>
>>1480028
CDG is alright i guess..
I like the library/charging area/sleeping zone they have
>>
>>1483509
do you go to airport in your city to pretend you are flying somewhere?
>>
>>1480789
JFK is unironically shit because the way each terminal is run. If they could just fix that clusterfuck so that the whole airport was run by one entity instead of each terminal being run by a separate company with no cooperation between each other, JFK would be good.

>>1481133
>>1484150
I actually like LAX, though my last flights through there have been Delta and AA connecting to international, or international connecting to AA. I do remember it being a shithole when I flew to back when AirTran was a thing, and having to connect to LA's rail system by bus was annoying. But nowadays they have a huge amount of carriers, they aren't dominated by any one airline, so fares are typically great ex-LAX due to all the competition. TBIT is pretty damn good, blowing the other international terminals I've been in in the US out of the water.

I like ATL as an airport only due to the ease of transit between terminals and due to the food options. Boars Head/Piece of Cake in concourse B is a great place to pick up food, and if you have a bunch of time there' One Flew South. The airline lounge situation sucks absolute ass though, as does airline competition since Delta runs about 70% of the flights, with Southwest as the next biggest operator at around 20%.

For foreign airports, I like TPE a lot. It was kind of mindblowing seeing essentially a shopping mall in the airport the first time I left the US, and I really liked how some of the gates were themed, ex. a library gate, a record/CD gate, a Hello Kitty gate, and so on. HND and NRT are both very convenient to access Tokyo, but other than that andHND being out in Tokyo Bay, both of them just feel like normal, though very efficient, airports. Even the lounges in my experience were meh compared to what I experienced in TPE and LAX.
>>
>>1484271
>99% of you will never have reason to use it
Nonsense. Southwest is the only airline worth flying on if you're flying domestic within America
>>
File: imgD.jpg (1.23 MB, 4032x3024)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Frankfurt, these things are everywhere.
>>
Winnipeg
>>
File: old and new liveries.jpg (220 KB, 1344x756)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>1484375
Mah nigga
>>
>>1484375
Jet blue lets you actually pick your seat
>>
>>1484393
JetBlue charges you for bags and charges a $75 fee if you want to change or cancel your flight. JetBlue also requires you to fly through JFK, BOS, or MCO. Southwest is superior in all regards except JetBlue operates lie-flat beds on some transcon routes.
>>
>>1483033
Namesake of one of the most awesome rock jams ever.
>>
>>1483091
Atlanta does have it's advantages. Its biggest problem is that it's location gets so many heavy thunderstorms. Twice, I've stood at the gate window, watching a black wall of a storm slowly advance across the field like an invading horde come to pillage everyone's connections.

And, Atlanta operates "southern style". I've watched the baggage crew display a rich variety of ways to give zero fucks, and the gate staff just can't seem to cotton to this newfangled high fallutin' gizmo called the public address system. They announce changes to gates and boarding by loud-talking at the crowd over the noise and bad acoustics of the terminal.
>>
>>1484413
>on some transcon routes
Literally only JFK to LAX and SFO
>>
>>1484622
they've expanded it quite a bit on the past year or so
>>
>>1480199
> Have to fly BA
>>
>>1480761
CCU is better now and it’s never really that crowded.
>>
>>1484309
I like that each company owns their own terminal. Ends up way higher quality than something like ATL or ORD
>>
>>1480125
CDG? Wut?
>>
>>1484693
Higher quality in what way? What could possibly make up for meltdowns like this https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/nyregion/boston-logan-jfk-airports-snowstorm.html
>>
File: Sows0HG[1].jpg (193 KB, 1024x575)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
I think Heathrow has a comfy feel to it especially on cold nights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlCV0InO-jU
>>
Obviously not Venice.
>>
FRA for first class travel, LAX for the Star Alliance lounge.
>>
>>1480028

>ctrl-F San Jose
>0 matches

Love San Jose. All Silicon Valley business travellers, top-tier wifi, good food, plugs in every seat, and never had to wait in line for security more than 10 minutes. Good location and somehow not even that much traffic. 10/10 regional airport status

Shoutout to Orange County as well
>>
>>1480914
subway costs $1.20 and is faster than the cars
>>
I am 25. have 70k in the bank, debt free,, no gf, no kids. And i never travel, and i never will. i cant stand airports. I wish a bomb to go off at every single one of them. And than for security to get worse.

JK, but seriously i never travel, fuck airports, and fuck TSA, and fuck goinng through all that bullshit. Ill just stay in my beautiful land of the free and hunt around in my ancestors forest with a bow and arrow. It makes me feel human.
>>
I was so fucked I made a rookie mistake of saying too much at customs in Munich. I told him I quit my job to take the trip, if I said that at LAX they’d taser me and I’d wake up in gauntameno.

The dude laughed and waved me through.
>>
>>1486552
Thank you for your input
>>
File: changi.jpg (45 KB, 720x540)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1480067
>>
>>1480028
MSP
>>
>>1486553
Small things like this make me feel good to be European.
>>1486877
The leg massage machines never get old.
>>
>Best:
Hong Kong
Wellington, New Zealand

>Worst:
Johannesburg, South Africa
>>
>>1480028
>starting a favorite airports thread with Tampa
Shiggy, that's literally one of the worst airports in Florida, or it least it was when I finally decided to give up on it in 2015. Orlando is shit too but it's worth it to fly there instead and drive into the Bay Area just to avoid the stupid monorails and shit layout.

Best Florida airport is probably Fort Myers, actually. It's one of the smallest too, but it's comfy.
>one terminal with 5 concourses
>easy parking and easy pickup/dropoff loop
>comfy interiors with lots of sunlight and nice music
>good amenities on the gate side of TSA in all concourses
>comfy seating in the main area. TSA is fast enough that you can hang out in the armchairs until 20 minutes before boarding (not counting holidays)
>if you ever get laid over at RSW for some reason (unlikely), Gulf Coast Town Center is a 5 minute drive and has literally everything you could want at this point
>never have to see the ugly parts of Fort Myers
>flights almost always on time
>TSA moves very quick
The I-75 direct ramp kind of fucked up traffic when you enter and leave the place but it's still primo airport living.
>>
>>1484932
My list:
SJC
HKG
SIN
>>
>>1486552
Cool story bro
>>
>>1480049
This because if you live in HK its the most convenient thing ever

>taxi to HK Station
>check in there, in the city centre
>direct train to the airport
>quick security check, then go through immigration in like two seconds using HKID

Usually at the departure gate like an hour after leaving my apartment, it's glorious
>>
>>1487029
Sounds like flying in and out of Melbourne. The only thing about that is MLB has so few flights and is never as cheap as flying in and out of MCO, which is only 45 minutes away.
>>
>>1480028

vaclav havel prague
>>
File: Untitled.png (285 KB, 725x838)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>1487029
>>starting a favorite airports thread with Tampa
>Shiggy, that's literally one of the worst airports in Florida, or it least it was when I finally decided to give up on it in 2015.

??? Are you talking about Tampa Int'l or St. Pete/Clearwater Int'l on the other side of the bay? If it's the latter, then yes, I have heard many people complain about that one due to its small size. I heard a stand-up comedian refer to it once as the St. Pete/Clearwater Int'l Airport and Snack Bar. If you're talking about Tampa Int'l, you're smoking something. Pic related.

>Orlando is shit too but it's worth it to fly there instead and drive into the Bay Area just to avoid the stupid monorails and shit layout.
?????? Orlando has people movers, too, and its layout is actually very similar to Tampa. I am perplexed why you think people movers are bad, when they significantly reduce walking and get you where you need to go so much faster. They also have a new people mover line that opened this year, which connects to a new economy parking garage and consolidated rental car center.
>>
>>1484017
>>1487483
>NYC-area airports are at the bottom of both lists.

Are NYC airports really that terrible, or do people living there just tend to complain more than people elsewhere?
>>
>>1487484
They really are terrible, nearly all developed country airports are far better.
>>
Zurich if you can afford it
>>
>>1487563
Zurich's main problem is they are running at overcapacity so delays are frequent. And sometimes you have bad weather which will make those delays even worse.
>>
Beijing was neato since it’s shaped like a dragon
>>
File: IMG_20181028_143151.jpg (1.12 MB, 1192x1920)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>1480028
Maybe it's because I'm used to it, bur ATL is probably my favorite airport. Solid food and it's super easy to get from terminal to terminal.

Worst has to be YYZ though, fuck that airport. Pic fucking related, the Tim Hortons also sucked.
>>
Chicago is my home and I have a special place in my heart for O’Hare airport even if it’s an absolute mess
>>
>>1487029
I never visited it pre-2015 but Tampa is great these days. RSW is probably my favourite in the US but I'd kill for a flight from the UK or at least more from Europe than just the Dusseldorf one.
>>
I liked Guarulhos (são paulo)
I hated EZE
>>
Always felt home in incheon and have fond memories of gardemoen in norway.

Awful ones. Frankfurt for its low quality and extremely high prices. Moscow for shitty architecture/design and staff that couldn’t care less. Istanbul for beiing dirty, hordes of people sleeping in busy locations and broken facilities.
>>
I like tallin airport. Its very nice and very comfortable with lovely setas and books and table games and its not fucking huge and therefore i like it
>>
>>1484380
Nice death box
>>
>>1489096
I'd imagine Tallinn is tiny as fuck.
>>
>>1489498
It's small but not tiny. They still do get 2+ million passengers a year and some flights outside of Europe. It's basically a regional airport with a few places for food and drinks and shopping, and a few gates for planes.
>>
>>1489525
Wow, 2 million? That's actually pretty wild to think about. I had no idea.
>>
>>1489542
It is small compared to the nearby airports of Helsinki or Stockholm or Copenhagen which are in the 20+ million category. And those aren't mega-airports, they are medium sized.
>>
>>1480919
You could have walked out of the airport. There are many places to eat nearby.
>>
File: cute comfy foxy.jpg (87 KB, 500x375)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1489096

I like small airports in general, so comfy. Wroclaw is my favorite.
>>
>>
Favorites:
>Frankfurt
Big, but has comfy areas to relax
Good train connection

>Seoul Incheon
Comfy areas
quick services
entertainment (live music)

Worst:
>Oran Airport
basically a huge tent
slow security
toilets straight from hell
at least you can smoke inside

>Sabibha Gökcen Istanbul Airport
fucking anouncments
no wifi anymore
no comfy areas

>Bischkek Manas Airport
small as fuck
weird security concept
one large waiting area
not enough seating
>>
>>1490082
forget about that shitshow that is Berlin Schönefeld

>Berlin
small as fuck
retarded ways
stupid controls make you wait for hours

>socialism, not even once
>>
>>1484380
In Addis Ababba Airport they have small smoking booths, but everybody stands in front of it, while ignoring the signs explicitly saying don't smoke outside the booths. Whole terminal smells of cigarettes

tia I guess
>>
>>1490082
You probably have never had a connecting flight in Frankfurt? It's a total shitshow most of the time.
>>
>>1484380
Fuck yes, I wish US airports had these. KEF has a nice outdoors smoking lounge, with gas heaters and everything.

Other than that I feel like most big airports are the same and generally a fucking pain in the ass.

I really only enjoy flying airports like MRY or LGB, because they're typically an in-and-out experience.
>>
>>1490114
Atlanta has smoking areas
>>
>>1480028
My private airport, just behind my villa.
>>
The Lufthansa bit of Munich airport, the one you have to take the underground train to reach. It's very comfy compared to the rest of it
>>
>>1480125
>favorite
>names four

bradley
>>
Anyone had a chance to use Istanbul's new massive airport yet?
Even the Turks are blowing the West out of the water when it comes to airports now. We really need to up our game.
>>
How can I use an airport's free WiFi without Pajeet trying to take my credit card info?
>>
>>1491419
>what is VPN?
>>
Hong Kong, but if you buy too far in advance you might run the risk of landing a flight during a typhoon and get delayed for a significant amount of time.
Hong Kong handles it superbly, however.
>>
>>1480724
Oh, I fucking love LGB. Such a cozy little airport.
There's some pretty nice new airports in South America. Guayaquil and Bogota both have good newer airports that they sunk a lot of money into.
>>
>>1480125
Charles..
Must be a fucking bait

As for me, the one in Rome always feels comfy desu, although I might be biased because I always had to take it for my best trips
>>
>>1481256
i wanted to die at CGD as well
>>
SAV
A
V

There are graves embedded in the tarmac.
>>
>>1484280

Post-security dining is important, at least for me. Half the time I'm in an airport, it's for a layover or connection. What's the use of having ordinary restaurants and chains pre-security when many passengers don't have the time or cause to cross immigration, eat, and then go back through?
>>
File: narita.png (1.7 MB, 923x960)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>1491918

Pic related is an example of the awful and deceptively overpriced food Narita has post-security. This wrap was close to $10 USD. I didn't buy it, obviously, but I can't believe a first-world country lets its vendors get away with this shit in a busy, international terminal.
>>
>>1491922

*guess it was closer to $5, it was more than the sandwich prices in my pic but not by much more. Still, total ripoff. The same place was charging an ass-ton for stuff like soup and donuts, too. Literally post-security """restaurant""" in Narita is like this (at least in the terminals I've had to use with JAL transfers).
>>
Singapore, Incheon, Narita and Haneda (Japan knows how to do airports), Hong Kong, and Zurich are great airports, if I'm not paying for it. These are great airports if your employer is paying you to fly for business. It makes sense that financial centers have great airports. But for my money, my favorite leisure airport right now is Barcelona.

The main reason is the cost of flying. Norwegian Air Shuttle and Level connects me in Silicon Valley to Barcelona, and easyJet, Ryanair, and Vueling take me almost anywhere in Europe for cheap. And it has most of the flag carriers connecting to their major hubs. Not only does it take me to all of the major sex tourism cities in Europe, Barcelona itself is a major player in the paid sex scene, as many Latin Americans come here to escort while in university. Being in a warm climate minimizes snow storm risk, and it's connected directly to the metro.

Frankfurt is great if you are Premier Gold or better in a Star Alliance loyalty program (Priority everything, Lounge access when traveling internationally, etc.), but if you are on your own dime, fuck that place. And that's saying something as the city is my second favorite sex tourism destination (Zurich is #1).
>>
>>1491922

That's the worst deception I've ever seen. How is that legal?
>>
>>1491922
>>1491924
I don't think I've bought pre-packaged food while there, usually I just go with that noodle shop that's in the middle of Terminal 1's gates 12-18 wing. JAL uses Terminal 2.
>>
SFO is pretty nice
>>
>>1486552
>i never travel
>on /trv/
>>
>>1491922
>Narita has post-security.
>>
>>1492031

TBQH I just avoid over-priced airport restaurants on principle.

>>1492099

I don't understand what wasn't clear to you. .
>>
>>1491922
Just get something at the 7-11 first and then eat on the plane.
Hell, you can bring most food through fucking security. You can buy drinks post-security too, and they're just slightly expensive and not atrociously so.
And above all, you'll be eating on the plane again in a short while, unless you're going somewhere that's close enough you'll be home for dinner anyway.
It's like people are trying to find new things to complain about. Japan might not be perfect, but of all things on Earth you could complain about, you chose to complain about Narita fucking Airport.
Also, there is no place on Earth where contracted vendors aren't shitty. It's a fact of life.
>>
>>1491924
>>1491922
Is there an airport in the world where prices are not double compared to the respective city? Airports in Europe and America are not better, eating anything there is still fucking expensive.
>>
File: flypdx.jpg (243 KB, 1264x633)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>1492182
I don't have a picture of it, but there's a sign in PDX as you walk past the ticket counter area that says something along the lines of "We don't allow any of our shops to charge more than they would elsewhere." Also, zero sales tax.
>>
>>1487484
I'm living abroad and when I fly to/from the US I do it in Newark, and the terminal I always fly from sucks major ass. It's nice to see the city when taking off/landing though. Using it for non-international flights is a slightly better experience though.

My experience with JFK was a lot like my experience in NYC--crowded. But it's a singular experience that was emotionally charged for other reasons so I can't comment on it "objectively." I have no experience with LaGuardia.
>>
>>1492182
In BWI they have signs saying something like "our prices are no more than 30% higher than mall prices" or something to that effect, I can't exactly remember as it's been a while. It's not ideal of course but it's something I guess.
>>
>>1484375
agreed

>>1484393
You're welcome to your defined seat Lazypants, I'll stick to my early bird check in and waiting close to the line up area.
>>
>>1486552
very relevant post, anon. congrats on your successes and I hope you have a good life desu
>>
>>1487593
I have a special memory with O'Hare, and it's really pretty imo. That being said I prefer Midway.
>>
>>1489563
TF Green in Providence is great, it's literally a hallway.
>>
>>1492176

Doesn't work for non-weebs who have CONNECTIONS in Narita and aren't entering the country or going through security.

>6 hour layover
>just eat wasabi peanuts lol
>>
>>1492225
>not taking the train to Tokyo during layover and going to soapland
>not having lounge access
>having a layover in Tokyo in the first place and not flying directly to destination
>not taking the shinkansen to your final destination instead of flying
>>
>>1492226

>knowing all this weeb bullshit
>having to pay for sex
>thinking you can take a chink bullet train to places that aren't in Japan
>>
>>1491922
Narita? Really? There is a Lawson convenience store post-security where you can buy anything at regular prices including beer. I've got shit faced many times on planes leaving from there. You are just stupid and didn't explore
>>
>>1492281

Not in the terminal I was in, fagboi.
>>
Vienna for the Burger King
>>
>>1481618
This.

DCA is great too. Older terminals with the circular gates are fun to go to unless you actually want food.
>>
>>1480028
The one 30 minutes drive from my house.
It's small, so it's rare that I ever get to fly out from there.
>>
>>1480028
>find in page
>calgary
>0 results found

Guess you scrubs have never been. It's a 9/10. Just needs somewhere to sleep.
>>
>>1492498
Yeah it's pretty great, free carts, view of the city, cheap eats. They have those greeter people in the cowboy hats which is neat.
>>
>>1480309
>LAX
Slow moving geriatric asians in a bustling airport, people moving like a mixture of cattle and ants.
>>
narita and haneda airport
>>
>>1492562
>Slow moving
There's a reason they call it LAX.
>>
File: IMG_20181110_121921.jpg (3.37 MB, 4032x3024)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
Frankfurt, but only if I get to use the first class terminal like right now.
>>
>>1492760
What is your main source of income?
>>
>>1492763
Work.

But it's just a matter of arranging things. Business trip, company pays for business class, use miles to upgrade.
>>
Frankfurt brothels
>mainhattan, palace if you are stuck within city limits
>world, oase, sharks if you can travel an hour outside of town, may be difficult to get to via public transportation, be prepared to use a taxi on the final leg of the trip
>avoid the actual red light district by the train station
>best option is go to Zurich instead, Vienna is nice but not worth the price
>Barcelona if you can speak spanish

If you are korean or japanese, be prepared to get swarmed by whores upon entering the place
>t. korean american
>>
>>1484380
wish these gassed whoever used em
>>
>>1492498
I live in Calgary. YYC is alright, doesn't really feel like it stands out in any particular way.
>>
I have been to many airports but mostly only once so I dont remember the good one well but I think Atlanta was nice, big, lots of seat and comfy seats, lots of restaurant and subway betwen terminal

I remember my worst though, Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. Its cramped, expensive foods, barely any seats, people need to stand in the hallway between gates, there is simply no room at all for seats and waiting for your plane.

The flight from Moscow to Tokyo with Aeroflot was nice though, old plane but had backseat screen and half full so lots of room and the food was good.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.