[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

This thread is to help you with meeting other /trv/ users while travelling overseas, lots of us travel solo and sometimes it's nice to hang out with either a local for a few hours, meet up with someone wanting to do a similar activity to you (Hiking, motorbike touring, roadtrip, partying ect) or just have a bunch of people you can go out with on a Saturday night. The choice is yours.

Alternatively, if your not travelling at the moment but still want to meet some new people you could always offer to be a guide around your own city or simply be down for having a beer at a local bar, its up to you.

To make sure your meeting up with the right people (IE: So a backpacker doesn't meet up with a sex tourist, or vice versa) best to include some details such as...

>Location
>Age
>What you plan on doing/what kind of traveller you are

Ya regular OP starting things off again
>Vegas (as we speak), Arizona (26th Oct to 29th), LA (30th Oct to 3rd Nov), & Vietnam (5th Nov onwards).
>23yo student backpacker
>Keen on walks/hikes during the day then casual beers or a party during the night. Wanna try get to Monument valley and grand canyon without paying extortionate tour fees too.
>>
File: GOPR3405.jpg (4.29 MB, 4000x3000)
4.29 MB
4.29 MB JPG
Basic Q&A

>Why would I want to meet up with people from 4chan?
/trv/ is often quoted as having the most normal and least autistic users on 4chan.

>I think im too autistic
Get out of your comfort zone then. Nothing to loose.

>Does /trv/ have the best userbase in all of 4chan
Yes.

>Where should we meet?
A local bar, nearby monument, a hostel are all good choices.

I forgot to bump the last thread before it got knocked off, haven't had any internet in a few days.
>>
>Location
London
>Age
I live here. There's a cool bit of beach along the Thames where the ground is made up entirely of human bones from hundreds of years of dumping bodies in the river. It's completely unknown to almost everyone and I'll take anyone who wants to see it there.
>>
Come to Orlando. See our Micky Mouse. I've got an annual pass and will hang out with you.
>>
>27
>Rome and Naples Nov 15-22
>seeing all the archaeological sites and eating lots of food
>>
am i still banned?
>>
>>1486311
Oh cool I guess not

Atm I am in Athens
24 years old from new zealand
I am a solo backpacker, enjoy seeing historical sites, museums, trying out cafes and bars, partying is om if theres a good gig on

I will be in
Malta 27-29 oct
Catania 30-31 oct
Naples 1 - 2 nov
Rome 3 - 5 nov
Florence 6 - 8 nov
Milan 9 - 10 nov
Barcelona 11-13 nov
Madrid 14-16 nov
lisbon 17-19 nov
amsterdam 20-25 nov
london 26-29 nov
singapore 1-2 dec
melbourne 3-5 dec
>>
File: 1510256387286.jpg (68 KB, 900x900)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>Location
Seattle

>Age

Mostly outdoors activities, skiing, rock clilmbing.

Going to Anguilla (carribean) Nov 2, Los Angeles over Xmas.
>>
>>1486305
If we meet you will you make us part of this ground?
>>
>Location
Tokyo late Dec - early Jan
>Age
>Activities
I like to walk around aimlessly and eat good food. I'm trying to come out of my shell so anything you wanna do is fine with the caveat that I'm a bit autistic. As an idea we could meet up at Comiket.
>>
>>1486315
Crap, I'm not allowed to go anymore. I woke up this morning screaming, and I was so afraid I peed the bed and it got all over my mom. She says im going to have to start sleeping in my own room if I keep going to the scary beach. Sorry bro!
>>
File: IMG_20180914_142425_288.jpg (1.58 MB, 2988x2988)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>Location
Nepal
>Age
>What you plan on doing/what kind of traveller you are.
two years into an unplanned trip, realtraveler™, tired and jaded, spend most of my time in nondescript downtown restaurants

Got bogged down in Nepal after I failed a visa run from India.
Maybe looking into East India and Myanmar overland, hanging around the Bhutan border.
>>
>>1486313
how are you travelling between places? do you have anything organized in advance? all planned out? I am amazed how peopel can do this kidn of travel/backpacking. It would mentally break me, probvably.
>>
>Vienna Nov 2nd to Nov 3
>Graz Nov 3 to Nov 5
>Marseille Nov 16 to Nov 18
>Cuba Dec 11 to Dec 20

>27
>I'm interested in nature, hiking, a bit of partying, culture and meeting both locals and fellow travellers.
>>
>Location
China, Nov 7-18
>Age
I bought a round trip ticket on a whim because I fancied myself a worldly man. Now I think it's more about escapism from boring western life and doing things my parents could never do.
I'll be in Beijing to start with, then Northeastern for the rest. I want to see the regular tourist sites, but also drink alongside expats and disheveled Chinese.
>>
>Location
Portugal and Spain
Lisbon 28th Oct - 2nd Nov
Porto 3rd Nov - 5th Nov
Barcelona 21st Nov - 26th Nov
Valencia 27th Nov - 29th Nov
Seville 6th Dec - 8th Dec
Madrid 11th Dec - 16th Dec
and several places in between

>Age

Backpacker, with this trip focusing hopefully more on meeting people and less on browsing attractions and museums alone
I don't have any specific plans yet for the places I'm going to, though I intend to go by foot most of the day if not all day.
>>
>>1486458
Usually train but sometimes plane, yea i have most stuff pre planned in terms of accommodation and a rough idea of what i wanna do in places, yea sometimes its a bit tiring but you just take an afternoon or morning to rest and its all good. Im having a great trip so far, have been on the road for almost 2 months. Started in Hong Kong.
>>
Anyone in Uzbekistan between november 13 and 24 hit me up. aoefsmrap@hotmail.com
>>
Anybody wanna chill in New York this weekend? I'm also going to be in Orlando next week, and Vegas the week after.
>>
>>1486872
Dag Peruanon, alles goed?
>>
>>1486881
Zeker. Ik ga dan ook naar Oezbekistan binnenkort.
>>
>>1486882
ja klinkt echt leuk oetz, vind het mooi dat je altijd zulke bestemmingen kiest, maar hoe slaap je dan en wat ga je juist doen? Hotels of probeer je bij mensen thuis te slapen?
>>
>>1486883
Wie ben jij?
Ik slaap in (goedkope) hotels. Om het bij mensen thuis te doen ben ik te autistisch, maar uitzonderlijk gebeurt dat wel als ik op voorhand een adresje heb.
>>
>>1486884
ik heb ooit met je gemaild om op de Gentse feesten af te spreken. Oud flikker van de draad. (maar niet echt een naam). Maar dan moet je je toch vooral aan de steden houden in zulke landen denk ik? En dan vervoer huren/kopen? naar het platteland, want ik neem aan dat je dat ook wil bekijken
>>
>>1486885
We zijn met minstens 4 nederdraders op /trv/, blijkt nu. Wil je een kaartje?
In landen als Iran en Oezbekistan hou ik me inderdaad vooral aan de steden. Spaans spreek ik erg goed, dus in Latijns-Amerika ging ik overal wat. Ik huur of koop gewoonlijk geen vervoer, al heb ik eens een Vespa gehuurd in Italië. Met veel geduld, voorbereiding en flexibiliteit geraak ik ver met het openbaar vervoer en soms eens een taxi. Het helpt dat ik een heel klein beetje Perzisch spreek, wat ze ook in het zuiden van Oezbekistan spreken.
>>
>>1486886
Ja ik wil wel een kaartje lijkt me leuk. Ik zal je binnen dit en een uurtje een mail sturen!
>>
File: 1535895975813.png (37 KB, 657x527)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
I live in Paris so if you're going there we could have a drink or visit some museum. I already met people from the previous meet up threads and had a good time
>>
>>1486886
>We zijn met minstens 4 nederdraders op /trv/
maak daar maar minstens 5 van
>>
>>1486894
Heb ik jou ooit een kaartje gestuurd?
>>
>>1486894
>>
>29
>in Tuscany all of November
>>
File: bestmeme.jpg (40 KB, 443x455)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>Bangkok
>28
>No plans, food and beers suits me. Just here for the weekend, living in HK atm
>>
>>1486261
>Tbilisi
>31 yo boomer
>just roam around the city, visit few places, maybe grab some drink and have fun
>>
>>1486895
n-nee
>>
>Prague 29 Oct - 2 Nov
>23
>sightseeing, bars, clubs, restaurants
>>
>>1486262
>Nothing to loose.
ok you gay faggot
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/loose-lose/

STOP THIS SHIT NOW!
>>
>>1486903
I will be in Florence 6-9th of november if you wanna meet up?
>>
>>1486313
If you wanna have some beers in Malta on my roof on 28th or 29th let me know m8.

I also recently arrived here.
>>
>>1487112
That could be cool, where abouts are you staying? Im in St Julians but dont have a car so i cant get too far out of the center
>>
>>1487124
In San Gwann, about 30 minutes from st. Julian by foot. Email me crawleriukas@gmail.com
>>
>>1487150
Ok cool il hit you up later today
>>
File: 1523103416532.png (76 KB, 657x527)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
Met some 4chan ppl in the past and it was fun but I'm feeling too old for it now.
>>
>>1487159
How old are you? Im probably as old as you are.
>>
>>1487160
>>
>>1487161
Idk.. I’m 28. I don’t think it’d be weird to meet people our age. I’m kind of shut in so maybe I’m out of the loop but I don’t think it’d be weird to meet up with anyone under the age of say... 70?
>>
>>1486907
What is job in HK?
>>
>>1487161
im 32 you fag
>>
>>1487213
Tech job for an exchange

Pay is decent but the job isn't much fun
>>
>>1487240
I need a new job and want work overseas
>>
>>1487247
HK has finance, insurance and import/export

Pick your poison
>>
>>1487216
>feeling old is purely tied to age

>>1487163
Everyone only seems to want to do nothing and drink beer. That's my reason for feeling old. I did that when I was 20.
>>
>>1486894
>>1486895
>>1486901
kanker
>>
>>1486313
>london 26-29 nov
https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1167778#

Attend this it's gonna be great
>>
>>1487301
Zoveel Hollanders, en geen enkele andere Belg. :'((

>Will be in Sydney until February
>Can show you around
>Will throw you into the Harbour if you mention fuckin Luna Park
>>
i can be your guide in poznań
>>
>>1487456
i can be ur hero baby
>>
Any lonely (Dutch) /trv/elers in Tel Aviv between 17 dec and 31 dec?

>>
>>1487474
you can take my zloty away
>>
>>1487299
I'm 27 and everybody I know says things like that. When I was a teenager/20 I spent most of my days playing videogames, watching TV and browsing the internet, so going out is a good experience for me.
>>
I'm a 22 yo local guy from Rosario,Argentina, if anyone is passing by we can hang out and drink some beer/ do a bit of touring
>>
HK late November. Up for drinks or exploring or even a hike.
>>
>>1487340
ooohhh looks good but my flights already bought and thats the 23rd
>>
I'll be going in Thailand jan 7-28 but in the meantime if any of you lovely mofos want to see Montreal in the winter (why thought?) I'll be happy to show you around starting december
>>
>>1486313
So you go from Italia to Spain and then Amsterdam.
I expected you to go through Switzerland and Germany, would make more sense.
If you change mind and go around Switzerland, i'll be there.

>Location
Switzerland (West, but small country so i can move).
>Age
>What you plan on doing/what kind of traveller you are.
I live there. I'm usually the kind of traveller who travel to see the landscape, historical places and also meet people.
>>
File: 1535053938675.png (25 KB, 657x527)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1486889
i only have 5 hour layover there sorry
>>
>Location
Cambodia (end of January through February)
>Age
I'm planning on taking the train in from Bangkok to Poipet. Flying out at the end of the month from Phnom Penh. Other than that my itinerary is open. Probably go to Battambang then up to Siem Reap. Maybe even head up to Anlong Veng and Preah Vihear. I need to hit up the beaches down south for a bit. I heard Otres beach 2 and Koh Rong were good. I did up Thailand and Laos last year so I'm not totally green.
>>
I'm here in Luxembourg until mid December. I can show anyone around if they want. I know the bus system.
>>
>location
Lisbon
>age
>date
Dec 21-28
>>
>>1487851
Ohh... Well, whoever told you Ortes beach was good was lying through their god damn teeth.
>>
Plz someone be WHV backpacker in NSW and won't make fun of me for not getting laid in months since I got here
>>
>South Korea
>21
>Plan on working here and going to college for the next year. I'm good for any hiking/backpacking or bar hopping.
>>
>Location

November 22-November 27: Bogota, Colombia
December 14-January 7: India (Delhi NCR, West Bengal, maybe Sikkim)
>Age
Drinking and hiking in Colombia (not at the same time). Visiting GF in India but also chilling and traveling around. Planning to take a lot of day-trips outside of Kolkata to explore the countryside.

Not really into the backpacker scene (I still travel pretty cheap but tend to avoid hostels) but get along with most people who aren't Spiritual Yoga Masters.
>>
>>1489369
why do u wanna study in korea?
>>
22/m
Seoul - 13 to 22 nov
/nightwalk/, wandering, bar hops, w/e
>>
>>1487776
Nah i went to germany and switzerland last time so am covering the med country's this trip, plus switzerland rapes my wallet lol
>>
>>1489186
I'm in Luxembourg too, you got any contact?
>>
>Taipei Dec 11-17
>Tokyo Dec 17-22

>22
>Interested in grabbing food and hitting the bars. I also like to just walk aimlessly around.
>>
>>1489248
So what's the good beaches down there? Is Koh Rong okay?
>>
>>1489414
Just taking online courses from the states to finish up a degree. Got Korean family here so it was as good a place as any.
>>
Will be in Sofia November 14-17th
>>
21 male from canada, good looking and intelligent
in frankfurt for a couple days
looking to meet the woman of my life to show me the town and hang out
>>
>>1486261
>that picture
Fucking hell
>>
Anyone else hitting Full moon party on Koh Phangan on the 22nd this month?
>>
>>1490931
Imagine the smell
>>
Gonna be in Egypt from November 18-30. Anybody else gonna be around? Never been, going to probably hit all the touristy shit.
>>
Going to MIA for III Points next February, who's down for a couple of beers?
>>
>>1491410

Forgot to mention.

>25
>Dominican Republic

If someone's coming, I'd be down to show you around and drink some beers.
>>
>>1487776
Hey Swissanon, I'm in Lausanne where are you?
>>
>>1491409
That's too bad I'll be at the beginning of December
>>
BKK November 24-25 in case someone wants to meet for beers.
>>
>>1486305
are you talking about this?
https://londonist.com/2011/12/hundreds-of-bones-along-the-banks-of-the-thames
if not i'd like to see it
>>
>Location
Iloilo City, Philippines
>Age
>What you plan on doing / what kind of traveller
I live here and I like eating around the place. If you want a bit of local food maybe we can show you around. To be honest, I don't like getting out of my house that much when I'm not on a trip. Maybe you can hang out with my gf and I if we feel like meeting someone new.
>>
Anybody going to be in Hoi An in the next few days?
>>
>>1492301
>Iloilo City

Is it a meme or truth that that place has the finest looking women in Flippistan?
>>
>>1492261
Yeah that's the place
>>
File: auspepe.png (46 KB, 554x400)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>1492301
>Maybe you can hang out with my gf
Sure I'll "hang out" with your gf
>>
>>1492338
That would be fucking pottery if it were true. "Iloilo" literally translates to "Joyjoy" in Finnish.
>>
>>1492371
it says it's mostly animal bones
>>
>>1490917
Lmao
>>
>>1491412
Where in DR manito?
>>
>>1492607

SD.
>>
>>1491732
>>1487776
Either of you work full time in Switzerland? What's it like? Are you citizens?
>>
>>1493913
My wife and I are American citizens doing post graduate work here. She's working on a PhD I'm working on a masters. The stipends are good. Finding work as an American citizens is difficult. Switzerland has a law basically saying: to hire a foreigner to do a job, you must first prove you couldn't find a Swiss person to do the job. You need to be highly specialized. The work around however is to work for an international organization like the world health organization, the United Nations. Or UEFA.

Switzerland is nice though. A bit expensive, but not as bad as most people say. AMA
>>
Anyone in Kazakhstan ?

>Astana, Almaty and Chymkent
>18th Nov to 30th Nov
>>
>>1487387
mede-Belg hierzo
>>
>>1486894
biertje op zaterdag? iemand?
>>
>>1493901
Too far
>>
>>1486331
gonna be in Tokyo Jan 3-14 and all i do is walk around eating good food
>>
I'll be in Bangkok from the 2nd to the 14th next month. The trip was an outgrowth of an inside joke where we all quit our jobs and went on an east Asia sex binge, but now it's finally happening I guess. I guess you could just say I'm a mentally ill white person, but I'll be there chiefly to look for records and integrate myself further along the trajectory of going new places that prove life doesn't have to be that complex. I'll be keen on seeing some fights while I'm there as well. Drop me an email if you'd like.
>>
>Location
Croatia
>Age
Currently in the process of converting a van for living in it, complete with isolation, solar panels etc. Should take me until around April, then i plan on going inland
>>
>>1494144
Have you considered fucking off back to America and leaving my country alone? You Americans are an absolute cancer
>>
File: GOPR1092.jpg (4.38 MB, 4000x3000)
4.38 MB
4.38 MB JPG
Anybody going through Northern Thailand/Laos any time in the next month?

Me and a mate are doing some backpacking if anyones around and waants to hang.

>2 23yo aus backpackers
>>
File: oikeasti.png (45 KB, 657x527)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>1495110
Ah yes Aussie bagpackers in Thailand, that sounds like fun

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.