[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 3632-008.jpg (246 KB, 937x600)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
Anyone here fell in love or found their significant other while on the road /travelling ?
>>
>>1488020
Met my wife in Central Asia. Been married 20 years.
>>
>>1488020
Nope, but I did catch an STD in Vegas from a girl I met at a club. True story. I developed small warts around my dick, nutsack and inner thighs and I had to get them burned off with liquid nitrogen by my doctor. Wrap it up, anons, because I sure as hell didn't.
>>
>>1488093
holy shit, 20 years. How did you meet ?
>>
>>1488106
Saaaaame. Was this girl you met Asian?
>>
>>1488128
I was working for the US Embassy, she was with UNESCO. Met while I was working in an adjacent office. The rest is history.
>>
>>1488106
All better now though?
>>
File: image.jpg (421 KB, 982x636)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>1488020
>studying abroad in Japan
>I have a gf at the time but our relationship is falling apart
>meet a girl whom I hit it off with immediately
>we're introduced to each other as "she's nerdy just like you, meet Anon!"
>she comes over to my apartment, plan was to cook dinner together and hang out
>we end up just talking until 5 in the morning
>start hanging out a LOT
>feel the chemistry but can't do anything because I'm still hitched back home
>one night we are sitting on the curb together, our other friend had abandoned us, I'm drunk off my ass
>keep kissing her on the cheek and say I'm gonna miss her
>she looks incredibly bemused but doesn't say/do anything, just smiling
>end of summer, she takes me to the airport
>hugging bye, but goddamn it I may never see her again
>go for it and kiss her
>she kisses back and says, "oh Anon, if you ever break up with your girlfriend, tell me"
>feel on top of the world that she feels same about me, take a picture looking out the airport lobby to remember the moment forever
>fast forward 3 years, we're still together now
>>
>>1488020
haven't felt love since I was rejected by my high school crush
>>1488093 >>1488168
>>1488242
Based. Hope you anons live a happy life with your women
>>
>>1488242

very nice story anon! im glad on your behalf
>>
>>1488242
>that grainy ass pic
How long ago was this?
Nice story btw
>>
>>1488242
>fast forward 3 years, we're still together now
As in, you're still in the relationship that was falling apart, or you actually got together with that girl? It's not clear because of the part where you put "oh Anon, if you ever break up with your girlfriend, tell me".
>>
>>1488300
Thanks! We have a 12 year old and it is always fun visiting grandparents in the States, then do a 180 and head to Central Asia to visit my wife's family.
>>
>>1488445
I did actually get together with the girl.

>>1488432
Thanks! It was a Polaroid hence the blurry look. That was in 2015
>>
Last year I met a girl who I suddenly fell in love with without any logical reason at all. I mean I just wanted to make a move on her, no strings attached and before I knew I'm laying next to her the next day looking in her eyes and falling in love.

I continued travelling around and met up with her a few times, even slept over at her place and met her friends. I was not myself since then, I'm a pretty dominant personality and I became very clingy and stuff. That actually attracted her less and she had her doubts if she wanted to continue with me. I convinced her to continue, manned up and started caring less and she totally loved that. So we started a long distance relationship which was fun at the beginning but only then I realized all the differences we had. I found out that it didn't work at all, especially since we couldn't see each other. I broke up with her and she was very angry at me for that, but in a few days she was already offering to just become friends with benefits (which is impossible if you're on the other side of the world), but she was getting very desperate to keep me. I just had enough with her and refused it. I was open to more contact but logically we didn't have any contact at all.

I felt like it made my traveling experience less interesting since I could do way less traveling because of being with her. I promised myself not to fall in love on vacation anymore and also not be actively going for girls on vacation. (1/2)
>>
Fast forward to past summer. I'm in Korea, focus on just travelling. Some girls start talking to us and for some reason we have some contact but we left a bit abruptly after that. To compensate and have a fun experience with locals we promised to hang out with them and have some food.

So we did that and went home afterwards. Suddenly this girl is sending me messages that she can't forget me and other stuff. We texted a lot and I promised her to meet her one on one. I immediately saw she was nervous and waiting on me to make a move so I did eventually. And for some reason I again get those feelings. Not making any illusions I don't want to do anything long distance so I'm basically in an awkward spot where I think I like her, haven't seen her enough to really screen her, but no possibilities to see her anytime soon. Still have contact with her which I enjoy but there's no further possibilities even though I know we both like each other. If we were in the same place I would love to try and date with each other to see if there's a possible relationship, but yeah.

It's not that I'm in love at all, but I just like her, with having the option that it could become more.

So I was like fuck it when I'm back in my country I'll just see more nice girls but that actually isn't true up until now. That's why I didn't wanted to hook up on vacation but for some reason it still happened. (I swear girls have a radar for that) (2/2)
>>
>>1488020
Wasn't exactly while travelling but I met my wife when I was on Erasmus, she's from the US and I'm from the UK. We've been together 7 years now and settled in the UK after living in Turkey for a bit. Another 2 couples we studied with are married now too, a Greek and Italian and a Pole and American.
>>
>>1488020
Met my first love while traveling in Egypt. To this day I've never had a happier moment than the first time she kissed me. Shame
>>
>>1489049
are u white? how many k girls did u bang?
>>
LOL, why the fuck would you do that? Think logically? What is likely to happen when you meet a person outside of their local environment? They will lie about who they truly are and hide all their flaws. You could be dating a convicted pedo or a some crazy bitch that cut off the balls of her ex and you wouldn't have a clue.
>>
>>1489436
I used to have this autism. This kind of paranoia is what keeps people from enjoying themselves.

>shes just sleeping with you for a green card bro xD
etc.
>>
>>1489061
Turkey is pretty dope right?
Why does /pol/ hate it so much?
A lot of people go there on vacation and to retire.
>>
>>1489439
This 100%.
Some anon made a thread about SSRI's, asking if he should take some and another anon came in with, "Doctors are scammers and they want to fuck you over! You're falling into the Jewish trap! I'm not paranoid, you're just naive!". It was just ridiculous and frustrating to listen to.
>>
Wasn't really travelling, but i met my gf in Amsterdam.

Been living and working there for a while.

Now we're in New Zealand.
>>
File: 20180814_092453.jpg (4.13 MB, 3024x4032)
4.13 MB
4.13 MB JPG
>>1488300
Jesus christ dude. You gotta put yourself out there. Are you ok looking?

I have met some people abroad but I get attached very easily so in reality none of them were ever serious. I'm also in a long term relationship so on my solo trips abroad I couldn't really do much other than flirting.

>Be in South America
>By myself traveling
>Meet local woman
>invites me to her home
>We hangout all night talking
>I mention my gf
>Lots of flirting but she explicitly told me that she hates cheaters
>Didn't want to make a move and look like a giant scumbag
>Leave at like 4am never to see her again

I guess I did the right thing but fuck man, I should've just made a move. I've never cheated on my girl before but I feel like my youth is disappearing and these experiences will become less and less likely as I age.
>>
>>1490258
SSRIs are not good for you
>>
>>1490405
>t.retard
>>
File: 1478561103402.jpg (36 KB, 419x354)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1490494
>t. double retard
meds ought to be used as a temporary measure to help you step past the parts of mental illness that prevent you from dealing with the underlying cause of your symptoms. But what occurs in medical practice is on the contrary: meds are given as a "this will fix your symptoms" with progressively increasing dosages and med-switches for the rest of your life or until you kill yourself. The medical community has monetary incentive to do this. They don't have any incentive to insure that their patients stop taking drugs. You don't have to be a paranoid autist to recognize this
>>
>>1489049
damn it i needed this thank you

what exactly is the radar you are referring to in the last part btw?
>>
>>1490257
Turkey WAS dope. Now there is a lot more tension, political action (a quarter million people were arrested or disappeared in the last couple of years). And there is also a financial crisis happening right now. Wait until the situation is stable before moving there. Holidays are still okay.
>>
>>1490293
>I should've just made a move. I've never cheated on my girl before but I feel like my youth is disappearing and these experiences will become less and less likely as I age.

Wrong mindset buddy. You'll age eventually anyway and no matter how much of it you experienced you will always feel like you could have done more or missed other things you didn't do. Don't feel like you are missing out on stuff because if you do this you'll never feel fulfilled as there is always something you can miss out on. Live your life and try to be content with what you have.

Trust me, been there done that.
>>
>>1490257
I wouldn't take /pol/'s opinions seriously but I wouldn't really want to go back and live there now. Pretty much every expat I knew there has got out and there's too many issues with the country to list them all.
>>
>>1491630
ya he didn't miss out fosho
>>
File: 1.png (329 KB, 602x461)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>1489439
>shes just sleeping with you for a green card bro
Guys I dont know how to stress this enough: Not one person who ever thought this was wrong.
Not once .
Not ever.
>>
>>1488020
qt 3.14 uygher ambushed me on horseback, shot an arrow into my thy while i was picking flowers in western KZ. She was about to slit my throat when she saw my eyes and fell for me. Uyghurs a re brutally controlling irl though
>>
>>1490293
How old are you?
>>
>>1491518
Girls kinda know when you're not actively looking for them and then they make their move since that's attractive to them for some reason I'd say.
>>
>>1492386
that does happen yes
>>
>>1488020
Met my wife the last couple of days of a trip to Australia.
>>
>>1494390

Does her son live with you guys?
>>
>>1492420
>>1492386
Can confirm, happened to me a couple of weeks ago in Tokyo. Especially when everyone else is drunk and all that. Just play it cool and safe, eventually it will amount to something. I guess the mindset for this kind of stuff is to not have expectations.
>>
>be me
>go to Ultra in Miami
>I’m rolling balls on MDMA
>see a girl who I can tell isn’t rolling as hard as I am
>ask her if she’s wants to trade kandi
>we trade
>we don’t even speak we just start dancing
>we start dancing for the entire set
>after a while we both realized our friends lost us
>no cell service so we decide to stick together
>she pulls out a pill and says “wanna split it”
>I say yea
>she Kisses it into my mouth
>she says “I hope you didn’t come to ultra with a girlfriend”
>”naw I didn’t girl, but you have me so mesmerized right now I think you might have to be my girlfriend for he night”
>we find our friends
>her friends and my friends don’t wanna go to an after party
>we say fuck it and go to Elrow on the road
8 months later were still together. I was moving to Miami for work anyway so it’s working out.
>>
>>1494452
Is* rolling as hard as I am
>>
>>1494452
>trade kandi
what did he mean by this
>>
>>1494452

Sounds awesome, most the time after you meet someone where you're rolling its never the same
>>
>>1494470
Trade these things.
>>
I met a Russian girl at a hostel in Milan. She was traveling with a female friend of hers. We talked for a couple hours, then I had to leave to go to my next destination. We took a picture together before leaving and that was that. We exchanged contacts and that was that. Couple days after we start talking and I would say around a month or so after we start having video calls almost everyday. I remember being in Prague when she asked me if I wanted to go to Tallinn to see her in January 18. I had planned my trip that far ahead so in the end I agreed. Fast forward about 2 months of daily calls and escalating flirting. She says she likes me a number of times. To my demise I could see myself falling for her big time. We finally see each other at the Tallinn bus terminal and I take her in my arms and give her a hug. We walk to the hostel, with her same female friend that I met in Milan. In the evening we sleep in the same hostel room, we end up talking for a bit after we both decide to have a drink of water in the kitchen. The following day we explore the surroundings, in the evening I take out a nice bottle of rum from 'La Reunion' island. That same night we end up holding hands and eventually kissing, I mean the passionate kind, like she's been waiting for it for months. Fast forward a week where I make my way to Russia with her. My visa only lasts 30 days, and I'm already trying to work out where this is gonna go, I'm madly in love with her. A few days in being in St Petersburg where she lives she starts to become irritable and realises the complications of us being together. I don't need to explain, I mean I don't even speak the language (although I am learning Russian now, but that's a different story). I honest had the best time of my life being with her, it was exhilarating and fascinating. Sadly I had to eventually leave. We made love countless times and we were still able to live in the moment and enjoy the limited time we had together. (1 of 2)
>>
>>1494486
That seems really gay
>>
>>1489426
Dude why don't you fuck off back to /r9k/ or whatever place you crawled out from? It's always you asking "hey did you fuck any asian friends hehe xD" on every fucking thread you can find. No, you won't get any by being such a desperate fuck, not even if you go abroad. There's your fucking answer.
>>
I met a qt while wwoofing with whom I spent a couple of weeks. She was fun and we had a bunch in common, it was the most interesting time I ever had with a girl.
Unfortunately, the universe decided that the only girl I ever had feelings for should live half way across the globe.

In a way the universe might be sparing me, at least this way I will always find solice in those weeks. I have a shit personality and I have the feeling that if we had actually started dating like normal people in normal circumstances she would grow tired of me relatively quickly.
>>
>>1488106
>>1488152
>hooking up with clubs sluts
>gets STDs
Lmao at your life
>>
>>1494452
You realize your gf is a slut right?
>>1488242
>cheats on gf
Karma is a bitch...
>>
>>1494880
>the universe decided
This is what the rudderless always say
>>
Never believed in love at first site until I met her, but we're not together. My next trip is in May and I may fly to Switzerland to see her if she's interested and I'll see where it goes from there.
>>
>>1489436
>>1489439
>>1490258
Friendly reminder to ignore /pol/tards. They are rotten to the core.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.