[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1541739410166.png (975 KB, 1284x680)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
Do you agree with them?
>>
Yes. What did they say?
>>
>>105822944
Do you think Dee loves the sex right now or do you think she preferred it when he looked average?
>>
>>105823026
yeah I want to know what she says about that in interviews
>>
>>105822944
>jaw-dropping
I'm having a hard time picturing that, can someone post on image depicting this please?
>>
STUNNING. AND. BRAVE.

In all seriousness, it was well produced, but it was NOT IASIP. It just wasn't.

They are trying so fucking hard to be experimental with this show, but the more they deviate from the formula that is proven to work, the less interested I become in watching this. I didn't laugh. Not fucking once in last night's episode. This is a comedy show, I tune in because I want to laugh, I want to watch the gang yell over each other and berate one another. I want to see the gang get into ridiculous situations and show that they are really just shitty people, but it's funny.

That's why I watch this show, I don't watch this show to be preached to, I just want to laugh. I have had no problems with the content itself, just fucking make it funny.
>>
>>105823185
bring me back to the feeling of watching early seasons in 420p
>>
yep
>>
Times Up for the Gang and The Gang Gets New Wheels were the only two good episodes. Last 3 episodes were awful. Possibly worst 3 of the entire series.
>>
>>105823185
this
>>
>>105822955
>>105823167
They showed a ballet performance of Mac and a broad showcasing how he feels as a degenerate faggot.
They killed this show beyond redemption.
>>
>>105823026
She is his beard. He is gonna dump her for Kanye.
>>
>>105823185
This desu
>>
I thought the show was funnier when Mac was in the closet, but I thought his "coming out" in season 12 was pretty well done. Now they could have made a funny but ultimately impactful episode about Mac embracing who he is.

Instead we get more "experimental" trash. I'm pretty sure McElhenney just wanted to show off his body again.

When I saw Charlie and Rob had written this I had some hope, but I think it was one of the worst episodes in the show's history.
>>
>>105822944
Yep.

I've watched the last scene on it's own about five times now and, man, do I have some thoughts.

A good alternative title for this show could have been "Why Mac Got Ripped". Good God, that man's a beast.

Ok, now, for THAT scene. If you haven't seen the last quarter of this episode, even if you haven't watched any of this season so far, I urge you to just watch it. Now, my thoughts.

Wow.

This prison complex interpretive dance scene was breathtaking. I kept expecting something silly to happen. Maybe Mac or the dancer would slip in the water or the prison gang would join in or something completely as random. But no, Mac danced and I couldn't stop watching.

A lot of people will say they understand what it means and argue over it's meaning. Others will say they don't understand it and blow off the episode as pandering. But, whatever metaphors about the woman representing God, the rain representing chains, the light representing Luther, whatever your interpretation, this scene beautifully demonstrates Mac's struggle in his eyes. And when Mac looked over to his dad in the middle of his performance, only to see him stand up and leave, made me brokenhearted. But he stood up and kept dancing, ultimately finding his pride.

This scene sticks out as a huge risk, a scene so completely out of place that I had to pause the show to make sure I wasn't watching something entirely different. And yet, amazingly, this scene works. And it negates any negative thoughts I had with this episode. Doesn't quite make up for some of the lacking shows this season, but this episode, for sure, stands out.

I know this show has been renewed for a season 14. But if the last ever scene of IASIP was a bloody, teary-eyed, infected Frank Reynolds clapping with newfound joy, I wouldn't be too upset.

10/10

Having said that, any piece of media that celebrates LGBT+ culture is fucking awesome regardless if they miss the mark
>>
>>105823185
>deviate from the formula is bad
>>
>>105824738
Based und redpilled
>>
>>105824738
unbased and redditpilled
>>
>>105824738
Bluepilled and cringe
>>
so is dennis just gone? he was in afew eps but its seems like he wants to distance himself from this faggotry - ep.4 tirade was pre gud though.
>>
>>105824738
>NPC says its lines
>>
File: 1437366806739.png (763 KB, 800x800)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
>>105824738
>Having said that, any piece of media that celebrates LGBT+ culture is fucking awesome regardless if they miss the mark
>>
>>105822955
the whole cast yelled "Fuck drumpf!"
>>
>>105822944
it may have been all of those things, but it wasn't always fucking sunny which is what i was expecting and wanted to watch.
>>
>>105824738
Uinronically want you to kill yourself.
>>
This episode and this entire season was garbage

Last decent episode they ever did was Hero or Hate Crime
>>
File: 1486365659892.jpg (33 KB, 720x404)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>105822944
"The Gang Filters Plebs"
>>
>>105825049
"The Gang Pretends it's Not a Comedy"
>>
>>105823185
WHO LAUGHED
>>
/tv/ would have been ok with it if the season had been good, but it wasn't, and they didn't earn this. A lot of the episodes were just conceptualized around Glenn's absence rather than organically. We all expected the finale to at least be a solid, classic Sunny episode to make up for the weak season. I can't believe they only had Glenn for a couple eps and wasted him on that bathroom episode. I get that it was a schedule thing so the best solution they came up with was to do a bunch of bottle episodes but none worked and the whole season felt lazy and uninspired. I thought it was a female writer issues but truth is even the male writers eps sucked just as much.
>>
>>105822944
No, and the finale was the end of the worst season yet which was preceded by formerly the worst season yet. Sunny has well lost its magic at this point. "The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot" was the only worthwhile episode of the entire season, the second best being "The Gang Gets New Wheels" which was decent but entirely depends on old jokes

The fact they want Mac's sexuality to be valued at any level alone shows the decline of an
>""""irreverent""""
comedy show that thinks it's more highbrow than it actually is. Glenn Howerton showing up once every third episode definitely didn't help this season either
>>
File: 51pUhLIjBbL._SY445_.jpg (35 KB, 328x445)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>brave
>>
>>105825049
filters them in, you mean
>>
>>105825354
Based
>>
>>105824738
Fucking die of AIDs you faggot. Seriously
>>
>>105822944
god it was so BORING
you're clowns, act like it
>>
>>105822944
What’s up with Fx using interpretive dance scenes in place of writing? Better Things did this shit as well. I don’t get the artistic value...
>>
File: 1414676403092.gif (1.32 MB, 167x170)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>>105824738
> Having said that, any piece of media that celebrates LGBT+ culture is fucking awesome regardless if they miss the mark

wut? u fukin serious mate?
>>
>>105822944
it was a shit ending to a shit season
iasip is dead
>>
>>105823185

WHERES THE BLOODY JOKES?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.