[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: BladeRunner.jpg (24 KB, 640x431)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>people are actually claiming that this isn't a masterpiece
Is it just trolling or are you all truly this tasteless?
>>
>>88643124
I'd say it's a mixture of both. Probably more trolling. You can tell when someone hasn't actually seen it.
>>
>>88643279
>>88643324
They are so many of them though. It's just bizarre. This doesn't seem like your standard contrarianism, it's so rabid.
>>
>>88643124

Blade Runner > 2001: A Space Odyssey

Blade Runner 2049 > 2010: The Year We Made Contact
>>
>>88643124

It's just fags being contrarian.
>>
This place is 99% mongs and then you get the one guy who can get as much out of capeshit as a Bergman film because he's got a deep, well-rounded set of interests and attuned to the universal themes and archetypes beneath the surface of all but the most reddit-tier swill who will totally capture what it is about a scene that stayed with you and give you some hope there are people out there whose eyes don't glaze over at big words and long shots
>>
>>88643279
>>88643324
>>88643510
the tasteless mongs that immigrated from /v/, /b/ and /sp/ after baneposting are the ones that are liking this piece of shit
this turd would have been hated by the majority of the pre-2012 board, but it's the scum that keeps liking this flick, Logan, and other similar pieces of shit that's been killing /tv/ for a long time now
nice try though cuckolds
>>
>>88643124
Most people who are here hating on haven't even seen it and are waiting for the whatever atrocious cam rip to get out so they can scroll through the film in 15 minutes on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop so then can shitpost about it some more.
>>
>>88643124
Because /tv/ half consists of contrarian mongoloids that will shit on everything for no reason.
>>88643324
This. Words to look out for are
>Reddit
>Hack
>boring
>>
>>88643713
Nice long non point-making post. Trolling is an art right?
>>
>>88643713
It's all the same thing
The people calling it a masterpiece are the same plebs that don't watch enough film so anything remotely above capeshit is masterpiece to them
>>
This movie is the ultimate pleb filter. Normies hated it
>>
Speaking of which, one just made another shitpost thread
>>88643891
>>
File: this.gif (417 KB, 500x282)
417 KB
417 KB GIF
>>88643969
>>
>>88643969
>high review scores on all normalfag sites like imdb and letterboxd
>plebs like you praising it left and right on /tv/
>This movie is the ultimate pleb filter.

Top 10 films of all time and top 20 of the 2010s right now . This shouldn't be a problem for someone that uses stuff like "This movie is the ultimate pleb filter."
>>
Utter shit flick for low IQ brainlets.
>>
>>88643969
>Normies hated it
8.7 on imdb
4.3 on lettercuck
the website that starts with the letter 'r' which you currently have opened in a different tab raving about it
man you plebbitos are really determined in shilling for this flick
>>
>>88644167
*Yawn
>>
>>88643124
Unfortunately, many audiences are just massive plebs. When I left the theater, I overheard a guy telling his friend that it was "pretty gay" and "boring"
>>
>>88643890
>Trolling is an art right?
certainly more of an art than blade runner 2049
>>
>>88643124
It's a visual masterpiece. That much is undeniable.
>>
>>88644193
Normies are the ones who only browse twitter, facebook and snapchat. The ones who on a whim decided to watch 2049 because they saw Gosling from The Notebook and Harrison Ford from Star Wars and thought it would be "fun"
>>
>>88644167
Which is why they were literally filtered and left the cinema half way through with their 3d girlfriend because they didn't "get it"
>>
>>88645224
So was Avatar. What's your point?
>>
File: 1507324767020.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Blade Runner 2049 ends
>credits start rolling
>mfw
>>
>>88645285
No it wasn't, Avatar is just a bunch of empty pretty pictures that tell no story, only a technological feat, while there isn't a single shot in BR 2049 that isn't propelling the narrative forward.
>>
>>88645285
This was actually good.

>>88645341
me too bro. Gonna see it again tomorrow
>>
>>88645341
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>88643124
Honestly if I hear someone call this fucking movie boring one more time I'm going postal
>>
>>88645247
>normies are only on twitter facebook and snapchat
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>88643124
It actually has a few shortcomings that make it fall just short of masterpiece status.
>Jared Leto's character mumbling Philosophy101-tier shit constantly. Luckily he doesn't have much screentime, but still too much.
>That fucking sex scene
>The plot is not bad per say but kind of unoriginal. Muh unique messiah figure that could completely break society as we know it, and as such is being hunted by the super powerful shadowy bad guy and protected by a following of religious zealots. Has been done about 3049438075 times.

It's still an extremely good movie, but it takes more to make a masterpiece.
>>
>>88643713

just stop

Logan was trash

if there is a consensus forming around blade runner 2049 is that it is a genuine blade runner sequel, even armond recognizes this despite trashing both, and that's a remarkable achievement on its own
>>
>>88646049
>he didn't like the sex scene
>le philosophy 101 when he can't even probably give me an example of actual high-level philosophical dialogue

pleb detected
>>
>>88645893
>Normies are those ones in this context
Not that hard, do you honestly think 90% of people sitting in a theatre watching GotG even fucking browse reddit or even rotten tomatoes or even IMDB, they dont even torrent. They fucking pick seats on the edge or front of the cinema.

That is who we are dealing with
>>
>>88646049
This, and it feels less "complete" than the original (not because is a sequel).
Is still pretty good IMHO.
>>
>>88646049
Wallace was gonna use the daughter to breed more replicants faster whether that be by research or insemination. She is the only remainder of Rachel's genes and Tyrell's great work apart from the buried bones
>>
>>88646276
I know, and that was perfectly sufficient. Wallace wants her because she could help him understand how to reproduce Tyrell's miracle and conquer the stars, and K wants to save her because of her memories and Deckard. The whole Replicant revolutionary movement treating her as a messiah figure was completely unnecessary especially considering they have like 2 minutes of screentime and are never mentioned again after that.
>>
>>88643124
Blade Runner is a legitimate masterpiece in all levels and an honest example of an achievement in film-making.

2049 is a gorgeous film, best of the year, fuck, it's so good it's prolly the best for the next 5 years, that's how above the competition it is. But it ain't a masterpiece.
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 408x450)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>kino
>>
>>88646396
I think that one could argue that being a sequel is forcefully derivative so it cannot be as influential as the original.
Nonetheless, is better than most of the shit I have seen in the last 5 years I think. Possibly more.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1024x1024)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>88646396
>Blade Runner is a legitimate masterpiece in all levels and an honest example of an achievement in film-making.

>2049 is a gorgeous film, best of the year, fuck, it's so good it's prolly the best for the next 5 years, that's how above the competition it is. But it ain't a masterpiece.
>>
>>88646392
The replicant revolutionaries wanted her to break the wall between the replicant slave class and the master human class she would be an example of a replicant born with a soul and real memories capable of living her own life, stronger and better than the humans, more human than human
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x480)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>88646564
>I think that one could argue that being a sequel is forcefully derivative so it cannot be as influential as the original.
Nonetheless, is better than most of the shit I have seen in the last 5 years I think. Possibly more.
>>
>>88646605
>The replicant revolutionaries wanted her to break the wall between the replicant slave class and the master human class she would be an example of a replicant born with a soul and real memories capable of living her own life, stronger and better than the humans, more human than human
Yes, and that's extremely unoriginal.
>>
>>88646619
There is nothing fedora in the post. Is more fedora stating that is a masterpiece or, as the exact opposite, say is shit because is not Lang.
>>
>>88643124
i havent watched it but pre hate it.
>>
>>88643124
same thoughts as alien covenant (although it's significantly better). should have just made a brand new film and done away with the references and continuity. there was really no need for harrison ford or sean young to be in this and building the plot around them having a baby was the worst part of the film. the most interesting parts of the film didn't need to be blade runner(tm)

but technically it's very, very good. I love roger deakins. I've seen only 15 movies from 2017 but this is easily top three
>>
>>88646628
>Unoriginal
Generally so is copying from the old classics which so many movies do but its about execution aswell, film is visual.

What do you mean unoriginal in this case what are some other movies with this exact idea?
>>
>>88646628
LMAO Blade Runner takes from R.U.R. and R.U.R takes from these themes.
Is either a reference or a full circle you brainlet.
>>
>>88646157
that doesnt mean anything. "its a good blade runner sequel" doesnt mean its a good watch.
>>
>>88646780
The idea of an oppressed underclass organizing itself around a messiah figure that embodies a form of change that could destroy the established order is one of the most common tropes in cyberpunk fiction.
>>
>>88646217
What's wrong with the front of the cinema? I want the screen to look big
>>
>>88643124
I just got my eardrums blown out by a theatre that had the whole movie too loud. Holy shit beach scene fucked me up and I almost left. Wish I would have just redboxed it instead of having to wince at every transition.
>>
>>88647010
Its all distorted you have to look completely up and move your head, also to the side. The whole idea of a foreground and background with a sense if depth is lost.

Delends on cinema size
>>
>>88646812

it means exactly what I said it means, it's a genuine sequel to blade runner

"genuine" doesn't mean it's good, bad, worse, better, identical, unfaithful, etc., it just means that it follows in the spirit of the original

it's honestly much better than what I was expecting, which was a quick cash grab / setup for a bladerunner cinematic universe
>>
>>88647010
Then go to an actual cinema with a big screen anon, what kind of third world country do you live in that you have to get in the front seat for the screen to "look big"?
>>
>>88647081
so basically its not worth watching. you dont regret buying a ticket but its not a great movie either.
>>
>>88647219
It's one of the only films worth a trip to the cinema this year beside Dunkirk anon
>>
>>88643124
not people outside /tv/ they don't
>>
Despite the story being simple the film stretches it way, way too far and ends up being very self-indulgent as a result.
The audio/visual experience is great but the movie goes by a snail's pace to keep anyone in suspense or thrilled at all.
>>
>>88643124
remember that half of /tv doesn't step out of their basement and they wait for the blu ray torrents

this movie... it's like hearing your favorite song remixed to some exquisite techno charged up to 20x and played back in IMAX super HD audio

i haven't been this satisfied with the consistency of a movie since LOTR
>>
>>88647219

depends on how much you like the original
>>
>>88647219
yeah, you don't wanna go out to the movie, people might point at you and laugh
>>
If you're calling this film a masterpiece, you're either underage or you're a film school retard who feels obligated to fellate the industry.

Which one are you?
>>
>>88643124
It runs about 40 minutes too long, the plot gets convoluted at points and not in a good way, and the gangbang should happened earlier in the film, also harrison ford shouldn't have been in it
>>
File: blde.png (108 KB, 808x1057)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>88643124
NO ONE likes it besides the critics anon.
>>
>>88647564
Patrician
>>
>>88647574
the second to last scene made it worthwhile
>>
>>88647594
>clueless youtube casuals who expected an action heavy flick because of the mismarketed trailer don't like it
wow what a surprise
>>
>>88647594
>Youtube comments
Minimal attention span plebs didn't like it, kek.
>>
>>88647081
>it just means that it follows in the spirit of the original
the orginal film had balls and at least some sort of a artistic vision
the fact that the studio basically decided to make their own version of the film proves it
such a thing will not happen with 2049, because everybody involved in it is already in bed with the studio, and not just any studio but fucking sony
the scum that will make a film about anything just so they can make a quick buck, the emoji movie and the angry birds movie prove that
something nobody can take away form the orginal is great visuals, great soundtrack, attempts at moral and emotional ambiguity
all of these things are missing from 2049
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 670x797)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>88646669
>There is nothing fedora in the post. Is more fedora stating that is a masterpiece or, as the exact opposite, say is shit because is not Lang.
>>
>>88647574

it couldn't have possibly happened earlier in the film because you can't have sex if you're an emotionless freak
>>
>>88647709
How is an almost 3 hour long R rated slow burning visually focused neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition the studio trying to make a "quick buck"?
It's one of the most risky projects of recent times, and these days Hollywood takes absolutely zero risks.
>>
File: 1489442397869.jpg (4 KB, 125x120)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>88647594

>when the trailer fools the pleb masses into paying for a 3 hour long character centric kinofest

BRAVO
>>
>>88647709

did you even see the movie? dumbest post I have read this year
>>
for what it's worth, as a regular Joe, I recommend seeing this movie in theaters. Not because it's "Kino" or some contrived joke to sound like a intellectual. It's the first movie in a while that didn't seem entirely forced with a message. I enjoyed the original, and I enjoyed this sequel.
>>
>>88648023
>this movie isnt shit thats why everyone should go watch it
the absolute state of /tv/ plebs
>>
I'm glad /tv/ isn't buying into this shit unanimously.

2049 was fucking glib. Too long and nothing to offer outside of pretty photography and VFX. Have you seen the original Blade Runner? Do you know why that film works?

The story in the original was so straightforward but hinted towards greater themes under the surface. 2049 beats you over the fucking head with its themes and plot - which is largely predictable and unsurprising. And of course, it all has to be leading towards le epic war against the humans vs the replicants.

The original had an amazing visual design that juxtaposed film noir with modern sci-fi. An interesting contrast. Meanwhile, 2049 takes all its inspiration from modern franchised film making - that same old mixture of Asian cinema, Brutalism and VFX gimmicks we've already seen in so many films already.

I'm ashamed that Blade Runner's name is now attached to a medicore film that follows trends rather than sets them. No one will remember this.
>>
>>88648168
>2049 was fucking glib
Was it, dare I say it...A glib facsimile?
>>
>>88643124
overrated as fuck, ending sucked major balls, you need better taste my dude
>>
>>88648168
>which is largely predictable and unsurprising
Yeah I'm sure you knew how K will end up being just an average generic replicant with no identity.
And you constantly say VFX while the vast majority of the film was filmed in-camera, completely practical.

Also I would even say that the romantic subplot was here ten times as genuinely emotionally investing and better executed in general than the absolutely flat romance we got in the original.
>>
>>88648134
>uhh... he's not saying pretentious shit to sound like a phd holder? What a pleb!

The absolutely horrid state of /tv/ "patricians"
>>
>>88648168

>2049 beats you over the fucking head with its themes and plot

not at all, the core argument of the movie regarding it's main theme isn't even present in the narrative, rather it's in the meta narrative, you just completely missed the point of the movie focusing on the background universe building with leto and the resistance etc.
>>
>>88648319
>Also I would even say that the romantic subplot was here ten times as genuinely emotionally investing and better executed in general than the absolutely flat romance we got in the original.

Too bad that's in the peripheral. However, I will concede this even if it does not redeem the film.

>Yeah I'm sure you knew how K will end up being just an average generic replicant with no identity.

It wasn't obvious that they were setting up a bait and switch when the records revealed there was a female and male profile?
>>
>>88648492
>you just completely missed the point of the movie focusing on the background universe building with leto and the resistance etc.

the point is to set up a franchise of sequels.
>>
File: Sin-City-Mickey-Rourke.jpg (430 KB, 3000x1696)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>88643124
>mfw Marv killing Rourke is a Blade Runner reference with the actor from Blade Runner
>>
>>88648245
nice opinion, but come back after you see the movie, and in a real theatre
>>
>>88648505
>Too bad that's in the peripheral
How is it exactly? The romantic sub plot is entirely integral to the story and the entire character of K, there's more scenes of his waifu then scenes with Deckard.

>It wasn't obvious that they were setting up a bait and switch when the records revealed there was a female and male profile?
That's atleast one hour in the movie anon.
>>
>>88648545

there are 2 short action sequences in the entire movie

they weren't trying to set up shit
>>
>>88648637

ok.
>>
>>88648545
Villeneuve has said multiple times that he made the film exactly like he wants with zero obligations or thoughts about any sequels whatsoever.
>>
>>88647812
>How is an almost 3 hour long
being long doesnt equal good
a cure for wellness was 2 and a half hours long and it was still a piece of shit
>R rated
the only thing that warranted an r rating for this were "dude boobs lmao", none of the fight scenes or action sequences were particularly violent or gory,
they just slapped the r rating because they wanted to make the audiences think that this isnt your "typical movie"
>slow burning
i dont think you know what that means my friend
a slow burner must have a specific quiet, subdued athmosphere that gets unexpectedly interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene
a perfect example of slow burners are the Dardenne brothers films
2049 is a big budget blockbuster with its every beat, which automatically stops it from being a slow burner, and that god awful soundtrack made it even less of a slow burner
>visually focused
the visuals were terrrible
>deals with the human condition
just stop it
stop embarrasing yourself
i'm telling you this for your own good
>>
>Never liked Deakins Cinememeography
>Never liked most of Hans Zimmer's rip off soundtracks
>Think Villeneuve is a bit overrated

Yet this was one of my favorite Kinos of the year. They got me this time.
>>
>>88648697
>R rated for boobs
He gutted the replicant because she was barren and showed her completely nude and defenseless
>>
>>88643672
>showdown between replicant and blade runner
>xD look it's raining!
>>
File: DeaKINOgraphy.png (1.73 MB, 1900x1059)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>88648697
>Visuals were terrible
Nice meme
>>
>>88644193
reddit currently has >40% giving it 10/10
>>
>>88648675
so apart from being one of the worst directors ever, he's also a blatant liar
well yeah, that's expected
>>
>>88648697

you did 0 to deny the presence of an artistic vision in the movie

also, it was textbook slow burning, you pulled that arbitrary definition out of your ass
>>
>>88647841
>character centric kinofest

>main character is only there for revenge
>deckard is there for fan service
>>
>>88648697
>none of the fight scenes or action sequences were particularly violent or gory,
Anon there were literal limbs and guts flying in the airstrike scene of bombing the foreigners and literal wombs being cut on screen besides all the full nudity. And ratings are not made by studios anon, it's not like the studio can slap on a whatever rating on the film he wants too.

>a slow burner must have a specific quiet, subdued athmosphere that gets unexpectedly interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene
Stop posting altogether anon. If you genuinely think that a slow burning film needs to get "interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene" then you're either a mentally challenged autist or a literal underage undeveloped kid

>the visuals were terrrible
This point is on the same level of saying "the movie was bad because it's bad", form an actual coherent buzzword argument

What a surface-level casual.
>>
File: 1494423555524.png (255 KB, 341x403)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>88648941

>revenge

w-wwhat??? did we watch the same movie?
>>
>sequel directed by Redditnueve
>masterpiece
It's very clear you've only been "into film" for about 6 months. Congrats for 'graduating" from Nolantino to Villenureddit, but you're still 100% pleb.
>>
>>88649008
yes. his waifu died. he didn't care about the revolution stuff.
>>
>>88649008
>that anon actually saw the movie
we see this behavior on /tv for every fucking movie
>>
File: 1291323528708.jpg (69 KB, 300x300)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>88648941
He didn't "get it"
>>
>>88649015
This post again...
>>
>>88647757
Nice arguments you got here buddy
>>
Some of the dialogue doesn't hit the mark, and hinging the entire narrative on Deckard's relationship with Rachel was kind of an iffy choice, but it was still a great movie. The visuals and soundtrack are incredible
>>
>>88648778
>He gutted the replicant
so what
the blade entering the body was never shown, but hidden in the darkness
what was shown instead was the old "blood trickling down the thigh" meme, because "that's artsy XDDD"
>>88648843
Theres only one good image in that picture you posted
And admittedly, the junkyard sequence did look pretty good, shame that it was only 5 minutes long
>>
Guys did Goose die? Maybe he just passed out ;___;
>>
>>88648810
>Oh fuck he's going to chase them off world and take this shit to eleven

>Nope let's fight in some waves and cut to 11 million shots of Harrison Ford almost not drowning
>>
File: 1506721833922.png (215 KB, 1277x535)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>88649246
This one was the best shot imo
>>
>>88649244
So another Nolan movie. Wonderful. Can't wait to see Blade Runner: Sterile Nolan Version 2017
>cucks actually paid money to see this cash grab
lmao
>>
>>88649275
>>Nope let's fight in some waves and cut to 11 million shots of Harrison Ford almost not drowning
xD it's tense because we love the first movie!!
>>
File: its shit.png (11 KB, 386x378)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
based imdb top 1000 voters once again
>>
>>88649109

he didn't seek revenge for joi at all, throughout the movie his relationship with her was very measured like he realizes it's not real but it's what he got as a fucking skinjob, he even ended up disillusioned with her after seeing the giant pink ad, it's plastered all over gosling's face

what the fuck was he even seeking revenge for? against what? are you fucking nuts? his actions in the end are just a realization of his newly found free will based on the empathy felt for deckard and the child, which he literally thought for a while was his father and himself, it's what ends up confering him true humanity
>>
>8.7/10 on imdb
the movie was a 6/10 at best
>>
>8.7/10 IMDB
>89% Rotten Tomatoes
Kino.
>>
>>88649275

>>Oh fuck he's going to chase them off world and take this shit to eleven

that wouldn't be noir at all though, we'd only have more people calling it a fucking plebfest if that happened going >muh gates of orion xDDD LE STARSS
>>
>it's a shot for shot copy of the original
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi245020953?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=3125136042&pf_rd_r=1ZF3MPZG64NK16CJRTJ8&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=15021&pf_rd_i=tt0083658&ref_=tt_ecw_ogbr_cap_pri_1
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>88649315
It's not like either of those things weren't problems in the original film. 2049 is not perfect front to back but it's still an incredible achievement. But if you want to rob yourself of wonder and joy so you can be a sullen little bitch on 4chan then go right ahead
>>
>>88649360

post the one for dunkirk
>>
>>88649460
>Gates of Orion

It's the Tannheuser gate you fucking pleb. They had a chance to get real wierd with it and we got a shitshow of fight editing
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 382x380)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>88649513
SHEEEIT
>>
>>88649360
> that males/females ratio
Is this one of "women will never understand" movies?
>>
>>88649109
Are you joking? He realized she was a mindless product when he saw the huge ad, "What you want to SEE/HEAR." It pointed out that she didn't think he was special, she was programmed to say that, because everyone wants to hear they're special.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was the point he took his own agency. He made his own choice to not kill Deckard because he wanted to, not just following another order because he's an obedient tool.
>>
>>88649624

>top 1000 voters
>8.1

opinion discarded

dunkirk was rotting garbage
>>
>>88649513
>>88649624
Dunkirk was actually good, Blade Runner 2049 on the other hand...

>>88649664
pleb
>>
>>88649664
>>88649678
most of them gave it 10s
oh well, it's imdb
>>
>>88649678

it's a war movie

women rated it higher than men

jesus fucking christ what a mess
>>
does imdb have a list of the top movies rated by the their top 1000?

are they even trustworthy?
>>
>>88649827
No site is trustworthy anon, you should focus only on your opinion
>>
>>88649827
better than default, but still meh
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/the+imdb+top+250+as+voted+by+the+top+1000+voters/guigui/
>>
>>88648843
>strong bright colours
>large minimalist landscapes
Pleb tier. Original blade runner knew how to properly execute color/lighting.
>>
>>88650025
so basically go watch the movie and form your own opinion goy. decide AFTER you pay the jew :)))
>>
File: file.png (1.77 MB, 1080x720)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>88648843
MUUH ORANGE AND BBLUE CONTRAST N SHEEIT
NORMIES WILL SURELY LOVE IT
>>
>>88649015
the answer is always yes
>>
>>88650222
The "orange and blue" is just a complimentary colorway in color grading that's been used from the start of the use of color in any art form, but autists on the Internet like you caught up to that only a year or two ago and now just screech ORAMGE AN BLU just because they heard of the term somewhere and thinking that that some kind of argument.

And on top of that literally only a single frame of that entire grid has any blue in it
>>
>>88649512
>But if you want to rob yourself of wonder and joy so you can be a sullen little bitch on 4chan then go right ahead
hahaahhahaha

LoA is a great movie that'd be a shame not to see in a theater. Welles' movies etc. etc.

But nu-Blade Runner. hahahhaahha. Yeah, I'm "robbing myself of job" lol enjoy your younger 20s. Hopefully when you're not exhibiting awful taste in movies, you're at least fucking some nice young snatch.
>>
>>88648967
>Anon there were literal limbs and guts flying in the airstrike scene of bombing the foreigners
more like moments, that lasted seconds
>literal wombs being cut on screen besides all the full nudity
already adressed here>>88649246
>>88648967
>Stop posting altogether anon. If you genuinely think that a slow burning film needs to get "interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene" then you're either a mentally challenged autist or a literal underage undeveloped kid
boy you sure are mad kiddo
tell your mommy to make you some warm milk so you can calm down
jesus
>>the visuals were terrrible
the scenes at the begining of the film plus the flashback scenes at the orphanage were drab, bland, dull and gray to the point that they made nolan's films look colorful
the scene at the end, the final showdown between the dutch girl and k was unbelievealble
it was so dark and uninventive that it gave me flashbacks to that awful alien vs predator film
and the cityscape scenes most importantly looked awful
one shot of the skyscraper line at night where the only lights on are the commercials on the billboards is the best example of this
why arent the lights turned on in the building?
doesnt this city have billions of inhabitants?
contrary to that, the wide shots of the city in the original were breathtaking, and their grandiosity was contrasted to the feelings of the characers, therefore highlighting them, while the dull and dark scenes in this piece of shit just make the characters blend in with their surrounding
not to mention that the shots of the city in the original, definitely conveyed the fact that this place has billions of inhabitants
so the visuals in Blade Runner(1982) actually served a higher purpose, than just looking good, the visuals here dont serve anything and they dont look good
the stuff i have just written about the visuals would never cross your puny mind, therefore you are the only surface level casual here little baby
>>
>>88650300
wow thanks for defining contrast
>>
>>88648843
>BIG ASS NAKED WOMEN IN HEELS: THE MOVIE
>>
>>88643124
I really wanted to like this movie, and really did like it overall except for the last 30-40 minutes.

The movie really falls apart when K meets Deckard.

The K/Deckard cat and mouse sequence did not need to happen. Weirdly long. Deckard's conversation with Wallace lead to nothing. In fact, Wallace's character could have been cut entirely from the movie. His assistant is a replicant who is evil because... she wants to be better than other replicants? She's the best one? What?

That final fight sequence was fucking long and should never happen in a god damn Blade Runner film. Have K take a mortal wound but blow her head off. Why drowning her needed to take ten fucking minutes I have no idea. Oh, also the Replicant resistance exists, and the chosen child will be their leader? I guess that's a thing. But nothing ever happens with them because they're introduced right before the movie ends.

I liked K's death and Deckard finding his daughter. It would have been a fine way to end the film. Unfortunately, there is all this unnecessary shit standing in the way. I'm so happy 2049 aligned with the original thematically, but god damn did it need to be cut down a bit.
>>
>>88649460
>>88649605
ITS THE SHOULDER OF ORION REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>88650315
You're pretending like you're some mature man while simultaneously typing out underage spasms like "hahaaaaahahhahahha habahahaha nufilm hahahahha lol" in the same post.
Embarassing.
>>
>>88650376
K died? I thought that was open-ended
>>
>>88650429
Maybe it was. I just assumed. It's unclear how much damage his model can take
>>
>>88648843
Too much space, no cyberpunk city. It sucks.
>>
>>88650480
The Tears in Rain music certainly alludes to it, but it never right out says he died
>>
>>88650376
Anyone with genuine interest in this movie thinks the snail's pace was ridiculous. It can easily be cut down to 2 hours 10 or 20 minutes. The first was just under 2 hours and this is Villeneuve's longest movie.
>>
>>88650182
I pity you. You scorn the opportunity of subjective opinion, just so you can spite a boogeyman.
>>
The fact this is underperforming is bullshit but shows how dumb the society is. God forbid they’ll complain about all the (Transformer, Fast and The Furious, etc) movies being made. But when a film like this comes out they only watch it when released on disc. This was easily one of the best films ive seen in god knows how long, and best in Imax by far.
>>
>>88643124
Maybe its (((you))) who are the tasteless one!!!
>>
>>88650404
The substance of my post is still correct. Seeing LoA in a theater is truly amazing. Seeing nu-Blade Runner: Hollywood Tricks Plebs Into Giving Their Money Up in a theater is not special in any way, no matter how old or young you are.

You just badly want to believe you've experienced, and are vaguely part of, something genuinely moving and artistic. That's why people praise it. Not because they know anything about what makes a movie good and can tell this is a good movie.

Praising nu-Blade Runner is an exercise in identity building. And an overt sign that you know shit about cinema.
>>
>>88650569
Sure makes one wonder who could be behind this post
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 437x437)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>88649240
>Nice arguments you got here buddy
>>
>>88650358
>the scenes at the begining of the film plus the flashback scenes at the orphanage were drab, bland, dull and gray to the point that they made nolan's films look colorful
And this is some kind of argument? Do you think every film has to be filled with highly saturated pretty colors for it to have good visuals?
Ofcourse the visuals are sterile and "empty, that's the entire point, the new one is showing the bleak empty sterile future after the blackout where nature is practically non existant that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.
The film practically yells in your face how bleak the current state of the city, but you deny all that and ask retarded ignorant questions like where are all the billions of people that inhabited this place, even though a literal apocalypse happened and life is non basically existant.
Just don't even reply at all, this is geting beyond embarassing now.
>>
>>88650628
A film like this is underperforming because it's probably the slowest paced movie that came out this year
>>
>>88650501
>IT'S NOT LIKE THE ORIGINAL
The most embarassing pleb opinion you can have
>>
>>88650696
>hahahahahhahaa LOL hahahahahahahahahahhahah khm the substance of my post is correct
Beyond embarassing.
>>
>>88649270
Find out next time on Blade Runner 3 Electric Boogaloo

All jokes aside, hopefully not. Great fucking movie
>>
Why was killer robot fu the best character?

They really nailed the lethal angle with the new replicants. The first movie didn't have great fight scenes with them.
>>
The movie is a 10/10.

Of course it dying in the box office, it too good for us.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (75 KB, 1280x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>88650890
She was fucking great.

>you will never have your pet assassin replicant
>>
CELLS
>>
I know this is going to sound like a pleb opinion but I wish there was way more action in this film. Villeneuve has an amazing grasp on the visceral feeling of action and violence. K just straight up punching Bautista's throat a ton of times. The tight-sounding double tap that K does whenever he shoots someone. Him just going into killer mode when the hobos surround him. Luv blowing out that dudes head and seeing all the blood pool to his eyes. All of the action scenes were great and I would have loved if they lingered just a bit longer because it always feels like the scene ended before it even started.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (48 KB, 1098x494)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Blade Runner 2.0 and TFA are the best reboots of all time
>>
File: 6KRWsuz.gif (350 KB, 500x359)
350 KB
350 KB GIF
>>88643124
>mfw going through the movie in my head and there are so many things in so many scenes that stand out that are just so good god damn
Just thought of that scene where he crashes and joi starts glitching
>>
>>88651035
Not an argument
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F51oRsId124

RIP
>>
>>88649605
>They had a chance to get real wierd with it
And thank god they didn't. One of the best decisions they did was to keep "off-world" an unseen, unattainable thing like in the first movie. Only a pleb would advocate for something else.
>>
File: 1476456312598.jpg (31 KB, 640x480)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>88650982
>ywn get her nails done as she orders in airstrikes on the hobo outskirts foreigners
>>
>>88651049
I don't see how anyone can say Joi didn't love him or that he was just another average 'joe' when she was worried about him. She's not telling him what he wants to hear, he can't hear her.
>>
>>88651119
Critics agree so you're wrong, contrarian
>>
>>88643713

2049 isn't as good as the original in a lot of ways, but it is a fantastic film in its own right. To discount that just because you're bitter about board evolution is retarded.

Blade Runner is legitimately one of my favorite films of all time. The nuance and the dramatic way it was shot make it iconic. It was the simplicity and the gorgeous way it was framed - both literally and the actual story of the film - that made it truly timeless.

This new film, even with the flaws of bloated runtime and muddled characters, was good for the same reasons. It was very well made with great shots and some of the best scenery in a sci-fi in decades - probably since the original.

Gosling did a great job and the subtlety of his character arc was well done. Even the relationship with the AI was handled well and played into the overall plot of the narrative.

The worst parts of the movie were mishandling of very talented actors and the overuse of lingering shots. There was a lot of runtime that was stuck focusing on nothing - something that helped the original and its much more simplistic story.

2049 was good. It wasn't a masterpiece and it won't be usurping the original as the iconic piece defining it's genre, but it was a valid and well made sequel. The hype I built in myself for eighteen fucking years didn't ruin it for me. If you didn't like it, it's either because you don't understand the universe of the films or you made up your mind about it before you saw it due to contrarianism.
>>
>>88651153
ooh that was another great moment, holy shit
>>
>>88650719
Great argument. Really red pilled the masses on this Vietanamese quilting forum. Now (((they))) are on the run, because of you, you enlightened bastard.
>>
>>88651168
Tfa is shit br2049 is good. The implication was different
>>
Who was best girl?
http://www.strawpoll.me/14100215
>>
>>88643568
Get fucked on, Kubrick.
>>
>>88650315
>goes right ahead
>>
>>88651023
I loved the sound of the gun. It looked like it had real stopping power. The sound from the speakers in my theater made it really punch.
>>
>>88651171
>BR is better than BR2049
>BR2049 is too long
>characters don't have convincing motivations
>Goose was good
>K and Joi were good
I unironically agree with everything said in this post
>>
>>88651171
This
>>
>>88651212
Critics agree that both are good, contrarian shitposter
>>
File: BR-CC-7645.jpg (156 KB, 2000x838)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56FabJ2Ol1g

Will you be able to pirate JOI or are poorfags like me screwed when she comes out?
>>
>>88651008
INTERLINKED
>>
>>88651292
considering he didn't just back her up into a USB or something and that Wallace probably didn't want a billion Jois out there for free, it probably has some crazy DRM
>>
>>88651160
that was a throughline of the whole movie, whether or not it's "real" even if it's manufactured and the fact that there are others like her (and people with his exacty memories) out there experiencing the same thing- IT was also neat how they made a distinction of her being zeroes and ones and him not being that and whether that mattered or not
>>
>>88651271
Both you and them are entitled to your opinion.
Time will ne not easy on tfa trust me.
>>
>>88651296
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY IT 3 TIMES?
>>
My dick was hard as fuck during the sex scene.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 204x204)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsWdUaHsHM
>>
File: 1488656066055.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1381)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>tfw the entire dynamic between goose and JOI
That shit just hurt my heart man
>>
>Reddit Runner defenders using the "contrarian" meme just like BrBa defenders

hmm. I wonder if the Villenutrash lovers also like capeshit and BrBa. The sure do love their "contrarian" """argument""""
>>
>>88651322
>93% on rt
It's already a classic, kid. You're a dumb wannabe hipster
>>
>>88651292
>2040
>a few nations roll out the joi program as reward for showing evidence of steady employment
>NEETs gain 90% employment within a year
>The West with its newly gained autistic labor force rise to the top once again and sends China to the dirt
>>
>>88651396
Myself i like 2049 - not a masterpiece but good. And I hate capeshit and the rest
>>
File: 1426640607221.jpg (51 KB, 600x589)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>Ana de Armas reveals herself
>dick is already pretty engorged
>make out scene in the rain
>fuck it's rock hard now
>a couple scenes later, K is hanging outside of the Brothel
>you can audibly hear the pleasure replicants moaning as you see their outlines being pounded into the walls
>dick literally straining against my pants
>Joi and prostitutes sync sex
>mfw
>>
Worst thing about this movie was all the damn flashbacks used to simplify the story for the plebs. I.e. when Gosling's character is told he's not the chosen one and there's like 15 flashbacks of the woman in the memory place.
>>
What was the point of Leto's character? It didn't go anywhere.
>>
>>88651160
Because she was programmed to respond in a certain way, and that's it. I'm sure she came to him as a sort of blank slate and, as time goes on, she can learn how to respond to him on an individual level.

Did they have fights, like a real couple? Doubtful, as that is not her purpose. Their relationship was about as real as her hologram.
>>
>>88651396
Myself i like 2049 - not a masterpiece but good. And I like capeshit and the rest.
>>
>>88651396
What the fuck is BrBa
>>
>>88651493
Breaking Bad
>>
>>88651472
You're also programmed to respond in a certain way.
>>
>>88651415
It cannot NOT be. And no critic want to be the one that shits on it. But the movie is shit.
2049 is good.
Speaking of replicants one could argue that people like JJ or Whedon are. They lack genuinity.
>>
>>88650751
MOMS GONNA FREAK says that he is capable of creating billions of replicants(not people) like you said, and that he needs deckards child to create trillions
so if hes able to create billions of replicants, its reasonable to assume that billions of them live in la(where his lair is located)
and it never feels that way, the movie claims something, but then it doesnt show it
and the orphanage scenes and the opening scenes are the ugliest in this very ugly looking film, so thats why i pointed them out
and how bleak and hopeless this world is, is something that we are spoonfed by the movie from the first frames, and the visuals just reiterate that, they dont add anything to the film, they're just there
so basically all you did with your entire "argument" is prove my point
thanks
>>
>>88648697
>>88648545
>>88648505
>>88648901
>>88648967
>>88649008
>>88649085
>>88649246
>>88649498

I'm increasingly becoming more and more convinced that at least 75% of the people railing against this film haven't even watched it.

As for my thoughts, I feel like the movie would have been infinitely better had they cut out most of the pure fan service stuff and had Harrison Ford been entirely omitted. The film loses so much steam and just chugs along to an anticlimactic finish once Deckard appears. The Rachel clone and audio logs were just tasteless and icky.

A lot of the people in my cinema were utterly clueless as to what was happening so I can see why many people wouldn't enjoy it. The moment where K, a replicant, comes across the bee colony was so emotionally resonant as he's never seen bees before (and there's the hint that the bees were pollinating Deckard's flowers, one of which we he placed at Rachel's burial site, since real bees need flowers to survive), it's almost magical. Yet half the audience seemed to have no idea what was happening.
>>
File: 1372643411994.gif (2 MB, 356x400)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>88651392
>you don't have to say that
JUST ACCEPT HER LOVE FULLY EVEN THOUGH SHE'S NOT REAL FUCK JUST DO WHAT WE COULD NEVER DO;_;
>>
>>88651195
OK, I laughed
>>
File: 1494355240880.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>88651550
"I love you--"
>>
>>88651525
But it isn't shit as shown here >>88651035 imdb, rt and every other mainstream film related site. It's just as good and if not better than Blade Runner 2
>>
>>88651542
nigga what, they cant just cut out Harrison Ford
>>
>>88651449
That sync sex make my dick diamonds, something I will remember every time I fuck a girl thinking about my 2D girls.
>>
File: bugs.png (1.68 MB, 1484x1077)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>tfw even virtual women don't truly love you and just see you as another average joe that they can move on from eventually
>>
A Replicant of a big-budget, white-elephant piece of sci-fi kitsch. The essence of Blade Runner's perfection rested in the accidental poetry woven between the hodgepodge, the Noir gumshoe nested within gargantuan, silly concepts treated as the absolute Holiest. Denis Villeneuve, as a spiritual craftsman, reaches beyond the obvious, figuring the original goof-ball masterpiece didn't go far enough even though it was much more than prescribed. This new one, as a 'legacy sequel' and an extension of the world, is biblically overbearing, so much so that you'd probably hear Zimmer's half-assed 'bwammmmms' even if they weren't present (and boy....oh boy: they are). The droning, synth-liquid touchstones arrive in droves, no doubt, but with it is an over-reliance on mystery and explanation. 2049 attempts to be a mood piece for people who don't like mood pieces, whereas the original was simply.....a mood piece, content to luxuriate in meditation and ignore attempts of balancing plot and spectacle.

And oh boy, Villeneuve's latest is an attempt, to say the least. Deakins does all he can (and watch him win an Oscar similar to Scorsese's Departed statue), but this tale is boring, and already a little stale, delivering conceptual ideas right out of Her and Ex Machina. Its imagery, and evolution of a future I both fear and adore, is a delectable treat (a highlight: nameless souls pressing their hands against various TV screens for their convenience products), and every performance is slick and gutted, terrified of their own order and the capacity for mortality, but it never fully takes off. And yet, you can't be angry at this 'mammoth film-bro church-service' movie for long, because goddammit, it's a sequel for Blade Runner. It may be unnecessary. It's also fucking cool
>>
>>88651171
>If you didn't like it, it's either because you don't understand the universe of the films or you made up your mind about it before you saw it due to contrarianism.
Or they found what was presented completely uninteresting and subsequently boring as fuck. Denying this and trying to paint any dissenting opinions as somehow objectively incorrect is just childish. Ironically it's the most plebeian stance one can have towards art.
>>
>>88643568
The most concise and accurate summary review possible.

This movie does serve one noble purpose, though, by reminding us about how badly we're failing by not dedicating significant amounts of planetary resources to inventing Joi.
>>
>>88649109
literally retarded. Did you fall asleep during the JOI hologram scene?
>>
>>88651646
>move on from eventually
what, they are literally your property

Also it's far more likely that she called him Joe because yes, she had that programmed into her, but to her she doesn't think she is being fake. This is literally her existence, all of her responses are as genuine as can be. She really does mean it, as much as she can at least.
>>
>>88651598
I understand the point you are trying to make but I don't care about critics. Too many reasons. But they are shit.
2 different movies can have same score and be different because aggregators are even shittier
>>
>>88651646
>he became his own man and achieved greatness once he got over his holographic roastie
>>
>>88651521
Hardly. Joi was only brought up when it was convenient for K, a true sociopath's dream. Real life relationships have conflict and are not always good times. She was not programmed to be critical, like a human.
>>
>>88646049
>Jared Leto's character mumbling Philosophy101-tier shit constantly
I ate all that shit up. It's the type of thing I'm looking for in a cyberpunk movie honestly.
>>
>>88651531
>so if hes able to create billions of replicants, its reasonable to assume that billions of them live in la(where his lair is located)
Why? Are you forgetting the fact that LA is a post apocalyptic lifeless shithole? Are you forgetting the fact that they inhabited 9 other planets already and he wants to inhabit even more? Did you even watch the film?

>the visuals dont add anything to the film, they're just there
Wow amazingly eloquent highly insightful argument right here anon, not embarassing at all.
>>
File: jerks.gif (1.8 MB, 360x280)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB GIF
okay since the last thread convinced me to pay SIXTEEN FUCKING DOLLARS TO THE JEWS to see this movie. everyone swore up and down its worth the money.

what I need to know now is....
>how does the soundtrack stand up?
I mean I have the vangelis blade runner soundtrack on my comp right now. only other soundtrack I have is the interstellar one because Hans went fucking deeeeep on the organ in that.
>>
>>88651153
>Not liking her killing claire in the office with tears of joy running down her face
>>
>>88647594
Now add the like/dislike bar
>>
File: tron.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Tron: Legacy remains the best big screen long delta sequel. Discuss.
>>
>JOI is also the commonly understood abbreviation for Jack Off Instruction, furthering the fact that K is really just subconsciously pleasuring himself, while being notified of her presence by hearing Peter and the Wolf, a composition wherein instruments are given the traits of living creatures

The levels of kino in this are off the charts
>>
>>88651739
It's quite a different approach from the original. While the visuals are pretty clean, empty, sterile, the soundtrack is downright dirty, distorted and industrial.
It's largely overwhelming and "in your face" unsettling, but in a good way. I would have never guessed that it was made by Hans Zimmer.
>>
>>88651731
>Joi was only brought up when it was convenient for K, a true sociopath's dream.

Or, you know, just an introvert.
>>
>>88651767
Still mad that Damon Lindelof dropping a deuce on Disney's dime got it's sequel cancelled
>>
>>88651767
The only thing I remember about that movie is Olivia Munn being cute.
>>
File: file.png (1.66 MB, 2000x909)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>88651767
haha
>>
>>88651739
Take the soundtrack to the original Blade Runner, and then make it fuck the soundtrack to Sicario, and throw the resultant baby into a blender made out of techno music
>>
>>88651767
SEQUEL WHEN
>>
>>88651732
yea the writer was a real smart guy. you can tell he got thousands of dollars in sushi comped often. he never worked at a taco bell thats for sure
>>
>>88651739
The soundtrack is really good. It's very immersive and at times oppressive (deliberately) but at the same time is faithful to the original. It doesn't sound like it's something different, it sounds like Blade Runner.
>>
>>88651826
>The only thing I remember about that movie is Olivia Munn being cute.

There are strong parallels between Joi and Qora. What is it about our culture that is crying out for these warm, sensual, innocent women? Are we all so dissatisfied by what we find in real modern women?
>>
>>88651858
It's entirely your fault that you expected a sequel to be the as the original
>>
>>88651646
>>
>>88651470
You're right but plebs are already crying about how dull and obtuse the movie is. Without the flashbacks they would scream about how it's like Mother.

Besides that I felt like they needed an extra 30 to 40 minutes to flesh out the replicant rebellion guys and ana de armas' angle. They blew their load on anas sex scene and forgot to add a scene before she got destroyed to hammer in the emotional impact.
>>
>>88651731
>Hardly
You can't help but cry when you're really sad. That's a respond beyond your own thinking. Why are you crying? You didn't consciously choose to.

You are biologically programmed just like how Joi was programmed.
>>
File: 1506451745886.gif (1.92 MB, 280x211)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>88651648
>but this tale is boring, and already a little stale, delivering conceptual ideas right out of Her and Ex Machina
What is it about these people and whenever they see similarities to something, they just instantly have to say it's a ripoff, or a bad implementation when in fact in 2049 they use these concepts differently from how they're used in those repsective movies. The Her bit is similar, but it's done differently both in visuals, and in the fact that the main character has a totally different relation to her (by virtue of him being an android himself) and the fact that he knows he's buying a mass produced product. The Ex-machina similarity I don't even know what he's pointing to, maybe the sadistic way Jared Leto abuses his androids? But this just shows how little the reviewer knows of this concept since it's existed forever in lots of other media. I mean this is such surface level snide sneering critique. Fucking trash.
>>
>>88651824
what...... WHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT
I need to go back in to see olivia
>>
>>88651971
>extra 30 to 40 minutes
or how about use the 30 to 40 minutes of the Goose just walking and driving about to dedicate to actual plot points
>>
File: 200%mad.webm (268 KB, 720x480)
268 KB
268 KB WEBM
>>88652001
>removing landscape porn
>>
>>88651646

I think that's totally the wrong read of the Joe scene.

Who cares if he's just average Joe? Really? She loves him. Really, genuinely loves him. She lives for him, she remembers him, she knows everything about him, she risks herself and dies for him without a second thought. And even then... she's always there for him to begin again with. Her love for Joe is eternal and boundless in a way that is so far beyond human that she becomes like some kind of transcendent vedic goddess.

Joi is the best thing about this movie, and I love how uncomfortable she makes cold hearted competitive bishes. Joi represents the looming doom of their emotional stranglehold.
>>
>>88652001
Yes, the original doesn’t have that at all.
>>
>>88652050
If I wanted to see pretty pictures, I would just go to some gallery dedicated to that. BR2049 is supposed to be a story.
>>
File: 1506740941809.gif (920 KB, 245x230)
920 KB
920 KB GIF
Went and saw it with two co-workers, we walked out into the parking lot and none of us knew what to say other than that it was good, I need some time to process what I just watched.

Coatkino though
>>
>>88651999
A third Tron movie was cancelled because Disney lost something like 200 million dollars on Tomorrowland flopping
>>
>>88651971
Ana angle MUST remain ambiguous.
>>
>>88652085
The original also was a concise piece of film that while being slow paced had plenty of dialogue and had little in undeveloped characters and entities.

It was two hours long. Why did this movie need more (according to >>88651971
) at two hours, forty-minutes?
>>
>>88651767
>in Tron he manages to make his AI waifu real and lives happily ever after with her
>in 2049 K has to watch her die in front of him

IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>88643124
They are just tasteless cunts, anon.
>>
>>88652111
This was exactly how I felt this afternoon
>>
>>88652102
Jesus christ the state of this board.
>>
>>88651973
>feeling something is the same as your outward emotion

Humans can control their emotions, at least, adults can. When Joi was crying, did she actually FEEL sad, or was that just a response she thought K wanted to see?
>>
>>88652145
Because it's not as shallow as the first one
>>
>>88652145
>why did this movie with different goals from the first one need a different running time?
>>
>>88651171
i was fine with everything you wrote up until "you dont like this because you're contrarian" "you made up your mind"
the mere fact that i was prepared to waste my money and 2n30min of my life on a film directed by the guy that made one of the biggest abominations i've ever seen(arrival)
is proof enough that some hope of this being good was tingling inside me
and i was even more hopeful when i saw the trailer at the theater a couple of weeks back, i thought "man this is a pretty good trailer, i hope the movie is decent at least"
but it wasnt
it was shit, and to dismiss someones genuine criticisms of this with youre "just contrarian" is ignorant
i liked bautista, i liked the junkyard sequence, i like carla juri's first scene and i will agree that gosling was pretty good, but only because he actually played a robot(because he acts like a robot in every other film) and it was fitting for this movie, and only up until the ogf screaming part 2 scene where i was reminded that this is not an actor, that this is ryan gosling
the rest of the film was cold, lifeless and depressingly dull
>>
>>88651971
Joi Scene where she is a giant naked projection with blue hair telling K she is there to be what she wanted to be was a good closing point to their relationship dude.
>>
>>88652190
>>88652194
This

If you like BR2049, you HAVE to admit that the first Blade Runner is awful.
>>
>>88652188
The thing is... does it matter?

Is the why more important than the end result?
>>
>>88652163

There's just so much shit that I need to think about and most of it is probably fucking crazy that I would get called a retard for on here
>>
>>88652206
>huge falseflag trying to paint people who dislike arrival as plebs who also dislike BR2049
>>
>>88652288
I'm not sure how you interpreted that last scene with the naked projection, but it was pretty fucking important to the relationship he thought was real. This is when he realizes Joi was only there for one purpose, just like him, which made him decide not to kill Deckard, but to help him.

Then again, I wonder if you even saw the movie considering your answer.
>>
>>88647458
I was actually getting goosebumps at one point where there was a scenic shot over the city and the music just got me and I was fully immersed, incredible experience
>>
>>88652236
No. Why can't you like both as two different visionary directions?
>>
>>88652455
I admit that they are both two different visionary directons. One is just awful and slow paced while the other is a classic.
>>
>>88652490
I think they're both pretty good. Just different.
>>
>>88652206

I really liked Arrival. Unconventional, beautiful, interesting characters and plot. And Sicario... one of the best movies of the past decade. This missed the mark for me. This feels like Villeneuve's version of Lynch's Dune... memorable as its own thing, but just misses the mark in some downright weird ways. Strangely, I think what made his version of Blade Runner *not* work may make his version of Dune the best ever.

And that in turns means that we should have had David Lynch direct BR2049. Which seems pretty obvious in hindsight, actually.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nUJRjoua4o
Can brainlets understand this film?
>>
>>88648843
>DUDE HAZE LMAO
>>
>>88652490
I like both apples and oranges. I don't have to choose one or the other.
>>
>>88651542
>people describing and discussing scenes and plot points from the film, which only someone who has seen it can
>you didnt see it, YOU DIDNT SEE IT REEEEEEEEEEEE stop disliking it
jfc
>>
>>88652534
Well you like it and I can tell by your choice of song to post that you're a brainlet so tell us, imdb
>>
>>88648843
yep. sterile pale imitation of the original. exactly as expected. A fedora-lord's we dream.
>>
>>88652421
The relationship WAS real though, as was Joi (his Joi)

To not see that is to kind of miss the big thing of these artificial, created things being people too. Replicants are people. So was Joi.
>>
File: 1489787412307.gif (1000 KB, 490x367)
1000 KB
1000 KB GIF
>>88652307
It made me remember that I haven't gotten a hug in 7 years
>>
>>88652739
>posting a man who also loved a hologram
>>
>>88643124

10/10 Deakins cinemetography
8/10 score
8/10 protagonist
7/10 story
6/10 conflict/resolution
5/10 antagonist

overall much better than it had any right to be, it was arguably even more compelling than the original
>>
>>88652691
She may have had the data and emotional profile on K, but there was no emotion for him. She was programmed to be the perfect waifu. "What you want to hear, what you want to see."
She was as real as any other JOI, just a program to ease the pain of loneliness
>>
>>88651542
If you're not a brainlet, you don't need to see the film to know it's shit. The director is shit, and it's a sequel. No further evidence is needed to judge the flick.

There has never been a sequel directed by a mediocre hack that's been good. Ergo, Blade Runner 2049 is not good. Case closed. Wasting $12 to test the theory that nu-Nolan can make a good sequel is literally stupid/illogical. Enjoy your fedora though.
>>
>>88652845
Agreed
>>
>>88652893
Thanks for proving that you haven't watched it. As much as you go on about sequels I bet you're excited for thor next month
>>
>>88646049
>>That fucking sex scene
i hate hearing about all the weird sex the government wants me to have
>>
>>88643795
Uhm it's a thinkpad sweetie
>>
>>88652893
What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
>>
>>88652691
>The relationship WAS real though, as was Joi (his Joi)
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I thought this was an interesting theme in the movie. JOIs are probably programmed to fall in love like that. There's probably thousands of loving JOI relationships like that - but does that make every one of them not real somehow?

Taking it a step further where Wallace implies maybe Tyrell programmed Rachel and Deckard to fall in love. Does it even matter? Make it less real?

Ultimately humans are just biological machines following our programming when we fall in love. So little of it is truly random.

So if we include human love as real then do we have to include two replicants programmed to fall in love as having something real? Do we draw the line there but not disclude replicant/AI relationships? Makes you think.
>>
>>88652892
I see people saying this and it's perfectly reasonable but I still think there's a clear line to draw comparing JOI's apparent similarity to K with the replicants already proven similarity to humanity.
>>
>>88645341
Why do they have to turn on the lights in the theatre? I just wanted to sit there and cry for a minute.
>>
File: kino.jpg (26 KB, 650x311)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
women don't like it and thats good enough for me
>>
>>88652975
I'll answer for him. Transformers
>>
>>88650376
The omg waves are crashing like rain and drowning deckard fight was awful. Luv's character went from interesting foil to m'lady tier allegory for religion. Why did the 3rd act fail so bad?
>>
>>88651747
between that and the three way sex scene I had all sorts of weird boners
>>
>>88651023
yeah this good post
>>
>>88653092
>to m'lady tier allegory for religion
how?
>>
>>88653086
I talked to two women last night that were in love with the movie. Visually, and story telling.
>>
>>88643124

it was a truly and intensely beautiful movie with amazing direction. The screen play on the other hand could have been much better.
>>
File: 1499469486933.png (15 KB, 754x406)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>88652102
>>
>>88653001
So, you think because they are both programmed minds, they both found a kinship in each other that ascended JOI's relationships with humans? I could see that, but question how real JOI could really feel about it. I think it may be real to a replicant.
>>
File: 1460521798263.jpg (9 KB, 225x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>film makes me want to live in an even more depressing future simply because it's probably better than what I have now
>>
So was Harrison Ford a robot? How'd he survive in the radiation zone?
>>
>>88653143
>I talked...last night
Bullshit.
>>
>>88646049
I agree. Jared Leto's character/motive could have been more fleshed out, and for a movie that had replicant antagonists they didn't have much of a presence. It needed a stronger conflict and better theming to make it a true masterpiace.

I actually liked the sex scene. all scenes with holograms that phased in and out of physical objects looked perfect. So many other movies have used that effect where it looked cheap as hell
>>
>>88653086
>most sympathetic and memorable character is Joi (woman)
>>
>>88653140
At first she seemed in awe and remorseful a la old testament but next scene she was dropping bombs in the name of her maker and then capped off the climax but exclaiming that she was the best "one".
>>
>>88653143
The only woman I know who love this movie is my friend who also loved westworld, and my polish wife who grew up reading her dad's sci-fi novels as that about all the reading material she had.
>>
>>88653191
replicant ≠ robot
>>
>>88653174
I think this >>88652982 post right above mine actually made a more salient point than I did.
>>
>>88652982
>No female is programmed to love me
feels bad man
>>
>>88647594
3 hours of no plot
What were they thinking when they made this film?
>>
>>88653357
How does one program love?
>>
does anyone have a clip of the baseline test
>>
>>88652432
The audio was fantastic. Even the ambient sounds did a ton to build atmosphere.
>>
>>88653191
Radiation levels were "nominal", meaning it was fine. That's also implying he had been there for 30 years, and not traveled around for a bit before finally settling there.
>>
>>88653401
If i knew I would have a nice woman to love me.
>>
>>88652608
>he didn't understand it
Did you just get up and leave with all the other normies?
>>
I wanted to like it as much if not more than the original but I didn't, and got the same vibe from the audience when the movie was over. My girlfriend enjoyed it but she's never seen the original to compare it to, so with that being said it wasn't a "bad" movie but if you enjoyed the 1982 film this one will probably having you feeling let down
>>
It's a hollow cash grab banking solely on the popularity of the original film. Nothing but Hollywood TFA tier trash.
>>
>>88653567
Love isn't easy, affection and attraction is. I think this is the big divide between what K felt for JOI. That's why K didn't into other replicants. He just wanted a warm feeling without the complications of independent thought.
>>
>>88653868
I feel you actually saw it, you wouldn't say that.
>>
>>88653868
>someone who didn't see the movie
>>
>>88653874
K didn't into other replicants because they all hated him because he was a fucking Blade Runner.
>>
>>88654049
Good point actually, forgot that scene.
>>
File: 1507428265110.jpg (149 KB, 1200x1530)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>88653874
It was also clear that most skinjobs where naturally repulsed by him due to his job, his job is to kill his own kind.
>>
A few people walked out at my theater
>>
File: desu fuck you.jpg (33 KB, 400x394)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>88653256
>>88653092
>>88650376

>At first she seemed in awe and remorseful a la old testament but next scene she was dropping bombs in the name of her maker and then capped off the climax but exclaiming that she was the best "one".

YOU FUCKING CUNTS ARE CLUELESS!
Luv was just as human as K was and was basically there to be his polar opposite!

Luv was competitive,sadistic, and emotionally unstable.
It a shame we never actually learn a bit more about her life as wallaces assistant.

The first time we meet Luv shes seems like a humble replicant,but after Wallace orders her to take lead of the discovery of Dekard and his child she becomes almost a whole other person.

Whats obvious about Luv is that she does in fact feel emotions like the other replicancts, but regardless off her emotions she still follows Wallaces orders to a T.

During the scene where Wallace kills the new born replicant we see her shedding tears and crying before Wallace even killed the replicant.

That lets us know that she has had to watch Wallace kill numerous Female Replicants while trying to recreate what Tyrell created and it visibly effects her psyche.

She probably hated Wallace deep down inside but couldn't rebel against him out of fear for her own death by his hands should he ever feel that shes of no further use to his casue.

Imagine being in Luvs shoes and watching your creator kill other female replicants becasue he has no use for them and deep down you know he'd do the same to you.

Thats why she got so upset at Ks commander for letting him escape and brought up her talks with K about how dangerous it would be for the world if the public found out because she know how upset Wallace would have been if she came back empty handed.

I loved the way her voice cracked when she yells"WHRE IS HE" at the police commander.

Sucks we never get to learn a bit more about her casue she was definitely one of the most interesting characters in the film.
>>
File: 1431832713227.jpg (306 KB, 629x800)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>88654229
My car keys fell out of my pocket and into the recliner mechanism and I had to call one of the theater workers to help me get them back out
>>
File: 1507379311220.jpg (16 KB, 640x426)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>88654258
This. So much this
>>
my only complaint is that there wasn't enough crowded city street scenes. I needed more overpopulated cyberpunk aesthetic instead of just skylines with neon signs.
>>
File: babygoose.gif (319 KB, 314x314)
319 KB
319 KB GIF
>>88652188
>>88652288
Because she's owned by the fucking Wallace Corporation and is under their complete control
Did it ever occur to you all of Joi's responses were just manufactured to keep him following the trail of breadcrumbs that would lead Wallace and co to their messiah? Did it ever occur to you that K's emanator gives Wallace and his goons a full audio and probably video feed? He's bugged for the entire movie, everything he does undermined because his emanator is feeding all of his comings and goings to the enemy under the guise of a gentle touch
Luv even rubs it in his face when she destroys the emanator and says thank you for enjoying our product, knowing full well that he never would've ended up in that situation had Joi not emotionally strongarmed him into taking her with
>>
>>88652102
Name three gallerias and a kiosk.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.