[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Are the violent high school bullying scenes which you see in most coming of age films and shows actually realistic? The vast majority of high school centered films have these scenes where like some huge jock is slamming some kid into a table while screaming "HEY FAGGOT", but I don't remember anything like that happening when I was in school. The only thing I recall was banter, some verbal harassment towards a few guys and female cyber bullying. Even at the shitty ghetto high school which I used to volunteer at in the South Bronx, there was gang violence, robberies, brawls etc but never anyone just getting attacked for the hell of it. Does this type of thing actually happen in many modern day high schools?
>>
>>90242909

Sometimes. I'm Mexican and I used to beat up the white kids in my classes. And it wasn't some inner city shithole, it was actually a decent suburban high school in San Diego. Years later and I can't really remember why I did it. Sometimes kids just do shit because they can.
>>
>>90242909
Its probably just a trope by now.

Besides, ST apes a lot of Stephen King and all his bullies are hyper aggressive and always have knives. Stiletto knives and bullies are a trope somewhat in themselves.

My highschool wasnt too bad but I'm a britfag. Fights and character-building bullying yes but nothing even as serious as the accidental fires kids used to set on the school field. Saying that, my best friend told me some Poo freshman at his school had his face kicked in for no reason whatever. Broke the eye socket and his eye came a little out apparently.
>>
canadian highschool - 99% white
in the early years some of the loser drug addict kids would pick on some of the annoying poor nerdfags, mostly just taunting.

in general older kids might push around the younger ones for a laugh but was more because it was funny rather than they had a grudge.

any actual fights there was usually 2 sides to escalating it rather than bashing the nerd.

maybe i saw one fat kid with glasses probably low standing himself picking on a scrawny sikh kid that wears that weird hair bun, but they were younger i didn't know much.
>>
In my school (one of the worst in London) there was plenty of banter and aggression but I don't recall anyone actually being singled out and persistently victimised. The bad kids were mostly out committing actual crimes rather than getting involved in playground politics
>>
>>90243003
You recessive Beaner genes took over. Their dads probably stopped picking your dad at the Home Depot lineup to do the yard work
>>
File: 1447271387769.png (16 KB, 200x300)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>90243354

My dad was a cop.
>>
>>90243354
Were you a bully victim of >>90243003 ?
>>
>>90242909
I went to a school that was only like 30% white but ironically the worst kid there was a white boy named Randell
He went to another kid's house, through a brick through his window, kicked down the front door, then started beating up the dad when he realized the kid wasn't there
Then he got caught smoking weed at school and when they went to arrest him for it he tried to fight the cop so they tazed him
>>
>>90242909
I had a guy pull a knife on me once when I was a kid. I was in sixth grade and I think he like a sophomore in high school at the time. He didn't hold it to my neck or anything, but he held it against us. Then my friend's grandpa came out and lost his shit and chased the kids off. He was a total manlet, but he had like old man compressed manlet strength.

I lived in a total whitebread neighborhood where that kind of shit never happened. Probably went to the same high school as >>90243003 in San Diego.

Bullying definitely vanished for the most part junior/senior year of my high school, but there was a lot of early on. P.E. classes attributed to a lot of that, since you get a mix of nerds and jocks, and the nerds would constantly get shit on for how weak/unathletic they were.
>>
>>90243241
there was some hazing i suppose but mostly was more about the myth of it than actually.
usually it was to kids who wanted to become cool so they hung out with their older brothers or neighbours.
majority was push a penny on the road with their nose kinda thing, maybe they'd get kicked a bit so they scrape their nose up.
maybe once every few years someone gets duct taped to a tree.
Dazed and Confused was super popular in my youth even though it was a 10 year old movie almost, so the threat of paddling was a big joke, but think only one guy might have ever got it because of his 2 older brothers and their friends were always partying at his house.
>>
File: 1510478960994.jpg (25 KB, 469x345)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>90243003
>tfw always fucked with the beaners
>none of them could speak english so they couldnt tell on me
>>
My friends little brother pulled a lock knife on me one morning because I snuck up behind him and tripped him up. My first reaction was to punch him, which completely took the wind out of his sails and his big sister beat the shit out of him for it. I think he thought I would be terrified, and to be honest afterwards it got in my head a bit thinking about getting stabbed, but when I lashed out he shit himself and I poker faced it.

By no means typical of my high school experience though.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
i have seen people brandishing knives or knuckledusters, but this was more the kids who always liked to fight having conflict with similar kids from rival highschool.
never heard of weapons being used on anyone i knew. any stories were always drug debt related
>>
>>90243430
I'm >>90243413 and I also knew guys who carried knives at my school. There was a specific place by the river downtown where they would go to fight with them so they would be outside of school jurisdiction
One of them showed theirs to me and it was some zombie-green half-plastic karambit shit which makes me kek now that I think about it
>>
There were a handful of retards/autismos who everyone else picked on but it was all in good fun, not like an actual conspiracy to make them unhappy
>>
if you live near a city yea
>>
>>90242909
>these two faggots teleport out of nowhere
>other guy just teleports to the other side of the mountain so they can corner Mike and Dustin
really makes you think
>>
Well in my life bullies never used a knife against me but one of them was an edgy fuck that took shurikens and asian daggers or whatever they were to school and threatened me with them. Also threatened me with karate. He used to call me names and punch me. My """"friends"""" thoguht he was cool and funny and liked him because he was edgy (he also claimed he smoked a lot of weed).
Then there were other bullies that didn't beat me up but they would surround me as a gang, hold me and take photos and call me names and shit. I couldn't really do anything because some of them were straight A students and the teachers loved them.
So in my opinion these scenes are farily accurate but what I can't relate to or see happening in real life is a group of kids getting bullied. I think it's more realistic that it's only one kid getting bullied at a time. And let's be honest, bullying is pretty rare. Most people are average normies that go through high school without having to deal with it and just look the other way.
>>
File: 1495499686068.jpg (51 KB, 630x420)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>90242909
I go to a predominately black school and for the most part everyone was cool in their own little circles with the occasional fights breaking out. Maybe a handful in total throughout the year. I haven't seen bullying since middle school actually. and I only witnessed it towards this one kid.

This kid was like the textbook nerd, good lord that kid had it hard. He was short with wire framed glasses, shitty haircut, boy scout shorts or highwaters, ugly shoes, high ass socks, ugly polos and a really nasally voice. Imagine Gus from Recess, mixed with Steve Urkel, Sheldon, and Minkus and wrap him up in a tiny little white boy nerd body. I don't think he had any friends, and he was kind of an asshole too now that I think back on it. He was smart too. Dude even walked into a pole once after losing his glasses. I think he joined a boxing gym too before he left. At least he made an effort to change.
>>
>>90242909
80s fag here. I remember some dirtbag holding oen one of my friends down like in OPs pic, but with a lit cigarette instead of a knife.
We were unsupervised and we were cunts, so yeah, shit happened.
>>
>>90242909
I brought my dad's pocketknife to school when I was in kindergarten and chased kids around with it on the playground.
The dumb shit i did back then would land me on a fucking Homeland Security watch list these days.
>>
The High School bullying scenes it IT were so exaggerated it annoyed me. Bully's are assholes but literally carving your name into another kid's stomach is going a bit far.
>>
>>90243180
It apes nothing.
>>
On the topic of people mentioning "punch the nerd" there was this one kid from highschool who was like a personification of an /r9k/ user, he wouldn't reallly get picked on but people obviously talked about him. One day out of no where, he just pushed the female PE teacher down a stairwell and bunch of the senior Jocks beat the shit into him pretty badly, PE teacher is miraculously unharmed other than minor cuts and bruises and the guy ended worse than her, he got expelled and last I heard he attends some kinda mental rehab detention center.
>>
We need to bring bulling back because out there is an entire generation of spoiled cunts who think they can do or say anything and there will be no consequences
>>
>>90243396
No I was seen as a bully but I’d always beat up the kids who made fun of me and somehow that got me labeled a bully. I was bigger than a lot of the kids so I played to rough I guess. Elementary school was rough.
>>
>>90243413
Randell is a kino bully or snitch name. What else did his parents expect him to be? Bet all of first grade for him was kids calling him "Raaaaaan-dulllll".
>>
The only thing remotely similar to that scene that happened to me was the time a neighborhood kid tried to blind me. I beat his brother in a fight, and to get revenge, he cornered me and threw some green chemical shit in my eyes. Other than that, I can't really think of bullies I knew doing anything to cause permanent damage to someone, but most of the time bullies don't really get confronted to provoke them like that. The kid in Stranger Things was retaliating for major humiliation; I don't recall recall many situations like that happening with bullies (except the time I mentioned when I beat the shit out of one's brother).

>>90244211
>Bully's are assholes but literally carving your name into another kid's stomach is going a bit far.
I thought there was supposed to be an implication that IT was driving him to do shit like that. Just like how no one in the town notices that shitloads of kids are disappearing; his presence has an effect on the town.
>>
>>90244276
Those aren't the kids who were bullied. The ones who got it the worst were usual like silent weirdos or kids who read The Hobbit year round while eating a PB&J sandwich in the far corner of the school yard.
>>
>>90244488
So its weird to read ?
>>
>>90244488
The kids that got bullied the most in my high school back in ‘05 were the kids that wore animal tails attached to their belts year around. I had study hall with one of them and he always refused to tell me why he wore it. Besides the tail he was just a chill kid that wanted to be left alone. Brian Dubois and Helen Zeng...still remember their names from the sole fact they wore tails.
>>
I always thought bullying in American movies was fucking ridiculous, same as the popularity 'caste' system. In my high school bullying existed, but it almost never got physical or crazy like this. Popular kids hung out with other popular kids, but they were friendly enough. Unpopular kids weren't easy to talk to, but most people gave them a chance.
Movies aren't real.
>>
>>90244488
yeah but you still knew to keep your mouth shut
>>
>>90244632
I remember seeing a video on the news about kids who wear tails to school. They said something about how it gave them the feeling of being in a 'pack', having a family, etc...
It was ridiculous, but I thought it was a nice gesture for retarded kids.
Then I learned about furries.
>>
>>90244634
just because it didn't happen to you doesn't make it not real. That's like saying the first Fast and Furious is not real because you never saw a street race
>>
>>90244488
Why would you bully the kid that reads? Or the silent kids?
I mean, in my school they got teased occasionally but they were harmless enough so nobody bothered them much. Someone would usually step in.
>>
>>90242909
In my school the bullies were the ugly shitty kids who stuck together in a gang, and the subhuman 2nd and 3rd gen brown immigrants, mostly the muslim scum gangs. Always so effete and cowardly. The jock, handsome kids never bullied anyone because they had nothing to prove.
>>
>>90244632
>he always refused to tell me why he wore it
The only people who did that in my high school were also huge weebs that also wore Naruto headbands all the time. I always figured it was some anime thing, especially since a lot them called them "tanuki tails."
>>
bullies past grade school are one of the 3.
1)emotional because their family life sucks, their moms a slut or single father mother household.
2)emo rage, bully because they got bullied
3)closet homosexuals butthurt they cant come out.
>>
>>90244787
because you know they wouldn't fight back.
>>
>>90244787
Silent=weird and different in my high school. Them being silent also meant they were never going to defend themselves, so they made an easy target.

Not sure why you think I said kids were bullied because they read. I said kids were bullied because they were like super nerds who only read JRR Tolkien books every free minute of school and were loners, and thus were considered super nerds worthy of bullying.
>>
Graduated HS in '05.

From elementary all the way up kids got teased & stuff but I never really saw or experienced any unprovoked violence, and I was one of the "nerdy" ones. There were plenty of mutual fights of course, but nothing straight up one-sided.
>>
Who /bullyhere/?
Although I was more of a pussy among bullies. The only bullying I did was keeping a kid trapped in the bathroom and forcing another one to pee in a trash can
>>
>>90244734
I believe this was pre-furry faggotry
>>
>>90242909
>Does this type of thing actually happen in many modern day high schools?
Yes, some girl just got killed in the bathroom at her school by three mexican girls because they wanted to teach her a lesson about being white. I'd post the link but I'm lazy.
>>
I remember I used to bully the kid who would wear an XFL Rage jersey two years after the league was defunct. He was a hood rat transfer kid who always fought. Probably in prison these days
>>
>>90242909

In my experience not really.

In my case it wasnt one bully picking on one kid, it was a group that picked on one kid but taunting nothing explicit.

Sometimes I was bullied, some times others were bullied and I was the bully. It's like a herd of monkeys picking on eachother.

I know other cases might be different.
>>
>>90242909
yes. this one is from Korea.

>Five junior high school students (14 years old) were reported to the police for assaulting a fellow 14 year old student in an alleyway by using physical force, a chair, and glass shards, all of which was recorded and shared. The picture of the bloody victim went viral, causing netizen outrage and petitions of 50,000 signatures demanding a stronger sentence for the minors.
>>
>>90245109
That was in PA or Delaware. The girl hit her head and stroked out and they left her to die.
>>
>>90245109
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/100415104/
>>
>>90244634
this, I was unpopular as fuck but was still hanging out at parties and shit
>>
>>90243390
>Mexican cops
Literally the worst kind. Not even being ironic. Every Mexican cop I've ever run into was a huge piece of shit that took joy out of harrasing white kids. Like father like son I guess.
>>
>>90242909
I remember kids getting into fights, but it was usually people within the same social group. I was nerdy as fuck in high school and no one was ever mean to me about it.
>>
File: 1509307457895.jpg (11 KB, 246x246)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>90245109
>>
Never happened and I live in Balkans, I always thought it was some American shit.
Worst bullying in my HS was some verbal abuse here and there.
>>
>>90242909

American schools are insane.
>>
>>90242909
>do kids get cornered and physically assaulted by older or bigger kids in schools still
yes you big retard
>>
Last time a dickhead pulled a knife on a m8 in a school fight (we're talking '07 here) all 9 of us kicked the fuck out of him & stomped his ankles, he had to have his shit bolted back together, he was in a wheelchair for half a year kek.
He didn't bully anyone else after that.
>>
>>90244211
There's stuff in the news about bullies killing kids or driving them to suicide all the time. There was that one last year where two girls smashed another girl's head into rocks until she died. The guy in IT was a psychopath and his father was a cop so he could get away with it.
>>
>>90245554
Haha yeah that totally happened xD
>>
>>90244734
>that was filmed at the school y brother went to
>he probably bullied them because he was a gangster wannabe douche
>>
In my high school students brought knives and guns to school, everyday fights broke out, and police patrolled our school.
After I graduated they brought in metal detectors after someone was stabbed in the restroom.
I'm American by the way.
>>
There was one kid who turned intro a tranny in high school
and another who cried all the time
those were the only two people I recall who got bullied, and obviously if you do either of those things you're going to have a hard time
even the weebs and the huge losers weren't bullied, just made fun of privately, which I'm sure the losers and weebs did in turn to everybody else
>>
>>90242909
I went to a faggy arts high school so everyone knew everybody and there was basically no bullying except girls being shitty to each other.
Literally all the girls in the dance program had an eating disorder.
Sometimes the Catholic high school would try to start shit, but mostly they'd just call you a faggot for going to an arts school. Although one of my friends was mugged and threatened with a brick.
>>
File: Happy Gos.gif (1.44 MB, 494x270)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
I honestly cannot remember a single fight at my highschool other than my own. Granted my class size was about 70.

Lotta pestering and some pretty mean bantz honestly, lotta dickheads and chumps being abusive in gym, thats about it.

As for my experience. Senior Year. Had a sort of friend in the circle of rednecks who quasi-accepted me. He gave me a real hard slap between the shoulderblades during the lunch hour as I was talking by lockers. I do a lap around the hallways to walk it off, and 5 minutes later come back and give him the same slap on the back. He loses his shit and tries punching me. Dodge or block them, he grabs my shirt and pushes me to the lockers and repeatedly punches my torso. Just blocked any hits towards the top of my body. I didn't want to break any bones so I open palm smacked the fuck out of his face 2-3 times.

By this point crowds had gathered and a teacher was yelling and split us up. Called into the principles within 5 minutes. I lose my shit and tear up because I was a momma's boy >tfwnogf kind of guy, so that was embarrassing. I see the other guy and he is pouring blood out of his nose and bruised heavily around his eyes, while I didn't get any bruising at all. Made me look like the aggressor. After figuring it all out we both got suspended for a week. My parents were cool with it and let me just play video games the entire time.

Got back to school and talked with my friends in a circle. The other guy comes up to us, said he was sorry, offers me a coke and a handshake, and went back to the way things were, no questions asked.

>tfw learning the other guy got sent to his grandmas to chop wood and clean her house for a week while you stayed home and played vidya the whole time.
>>
>>90245585
You think that's unbelievable?
I won't bother telling you about the yearly race riots & that time a kid brought a rusty hatchet into school 'cause some pakis talked shit about his mum, or that time someone's dad set fire to a teachers car in the car park because she wouldn't give his spakker son better grades.
It's great living in a shithole anon.
>>
I could never remember a thing about any fight I’ve ever been in. I have a memory blackout when I fight. Anyone else get this?
>>
>>90245037
kek, where is this from?
>>
>>90242909
I remember quite a bit of violence in High School, but it was never a bully-on-small guy violence. It was usually two chads fighting for dominance. Maybe there were kids that got picked on, but while I was definitely a turbo-autist permavirgin, I was also kind of a big guy, so if that DID happen, I never really saw it. Any bullying directed at me was basically verbal bantz.
>>
>>90246406
>It was usually two chads fighting for dominance
Objectively this, i was one of the nerdy kids (obviously) but nobody ever fucked with me, basically because i didn't really have much to do with anyone other than my 2 nerdy friends, so i didn't get in anyones way. In highschool i remember there were maybe two fights and it was the biggest chads everytime, fighting over wjo was the real alpha.
In middle school i got picked on by a guy who was also one of the nerds, good grades, and in the soccer team. His bullying was kinda werid tho, kinda making fun of me having a big butt and lowkey pinching it, one day i realised i was well over 2 inches taller and heavier than hip and i pushed him. He got scared and never fucked with me again, so i guess people just pick on people of their own league or something, also when the bullying isn't coming from chads, it's mostly gay guys who are still in the closset trying to lirt /hide their attraction to the people they pick on
>>
I was attacked when I was a Freshman. Basically, was tripped from behind. Fell on the ground and got up to attack the guy but he laid me out pretty quickly afterwards. He was 3 grades my senior and a better fighter. Afterwards somebody started a rumor that I shat my pants and for the remainder of that year people would yell out, "shit boy!" or "fart boy!" at me.I think the verbal stuff was the worst.

That being said, high school wasn't a terrible time. My senior year was great. The shit boy stuff stopped at the end of my Freshman year.
>>
>>90244231
Except it does. Even down to the choice of font.
>>
File: 1509548884200.png (27 KB, 400x309)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>90242909
This is the perfect 56% face. I don't know how can anybody top this
>>
Went to a large high school (thousands of students). Most bullying was just name calling and making fun of someone behind their back. There were only a few fights in school, and most ended relatively quickly.
>>
Went to a private catholic school in Australia where everyone was friendly to each other outside of specific problems that two individuals may have had with each other. Everyone bantered with everyone, losers would banter with the cool kids and the cool kids mates would laugh at him. Separate groups but all friends. It was 95% white.
>>
>>90246906
>i got picked on by a guy
>His bullying was kinda werid tho, kinda making fun of me having a big butt
>lowkey pinching it

Holy shit my sides @ you being molested
>>
>>90246906
>you didn't fuck him in the ass
Gaaay
>>
File: Water Torture.jpg (27 KB, 750x750)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>90248181
Sounds like a dream. My parents thought of moving to Australia when I was born but we moved to California instead so you can guess how that turned out.
>>
>>90242909
yes
-texbully
>>
I remember back in tenth grade some guy bragged or there was a rumour about him having sex with a dog or something.
Everyone barked as he walked down the hall for the rest of the year but he transferred after that.
t. Leaf
>>
Only guy I know who got messed up with a knife was an mma douche beating on a kid like 50 pounds lighter than him. It seemed like a fair stabbing tbqh.
>>
>>90245227
what happend to the agressors?
>>
I don't live in America but I do live in the most violent city in my country and we never physically bullied the kid we fucked with.

I still feel bad sorry Devon
>>
>>90242909
it's an american thing
>>
>>90248281
You're gay now?
>>
>>90247166
I know nobody has responded to you yet. So here is a (you), champ.
>>
>>90242909
Who /privateschool/ here?

Legit, if any of you queers make babies, drop a dime and send them to Catholic school

>Minimal minorities
>Trad. Education
>Legit 900x better than public schools in preparation for HS
>Cath. HS preps you better for college
>>
File: 1510265495234.png (34 KB, 657x527)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>90248695
>went to Catholic school all my life
>classmates gave me shit for being gay
>>
>>90242909
>like some huge jock is slamming some kid into a table while screaming "HEY FAGGOT"

Was my school the only one where most of the jocks were Bros? Jocks didn't feel like giving anyone shit, they just wanted to train at sports and bang the popular girls.
>>
>cancerous pieces of shits from reddit just nonchalantly mentioning how they'd ruin people's lives

yeah , youre lucky you didnt try that on me, i carry a knife and gun with me at all times and if some mexican piece of shit comes at me you're going down and ill just plant the knife on you nobody will care about one less beaner
>>
>>90243003
/pol/ falseflagging at its finest
>I'm Mexican and I used to beat up the white kids in my classes
>mexican
>beating white kids

next time, be more subtle
>>
>>90248668
yes

You go one of two ways. You become a human punching bag of tolerance or a spic hating recluse retardiot like me
>>
>>90247166
that's shitty
at least you tried to fight the guy instead of taking it like a bitch, and after that what are you gonna do? Chimp out every time somebody chirps you?
>>
>>90248769
They bullied you not because you're gay, but because you're a faggot.
>>
>>90245563
>There was that one last year where two girls smashed another girl's head into rocks until she died.
Yeah honestly when you get to certain schools in America serious violence becomes pretty common. Some schools in the U.S. have kids getting hospitalized almost every day. Though some of the is gang violence, some is bully violence. If you're in any kind of minority, even if you're the only white kid in a mostly nonwhite school or one of the only white kids or a wealthier kid in a mostly poorer school or the only kid who gets good grades I mean, there are places where there will be violence every day because you stand out in any way. People who I've talked to who move here from other countries are blindsided and just freaked the fuck out by how much bullying and violence there is in some American schools (not all), really crazy shit.
>>
>>90243180
>My highschool wasnt too bad
You didn't personally witness anything so nothing happened? What a delusional fool you are.
>>
>>90248769
You should've stopped tbqh
>>
>>90242909
Your PTSD is blocking the memories. Either that or the constant head bludgeoning upon your locker caused memory loss.
>>
>>90247952
El Monstruo
>>
>>90242909
The first interaction was completely reasonable. An older asshole insults them and pushes them around a bit.

The whole knife to the throat thing is obviously more dramatic, but then again they made him piss his pants in front of the entire school. Its not that implausible.
>>
>>90242909
I've been wondering, now that jocks are "nerds" who are the social outcasts of today's schools?
>>
>>90250000
mein gott
>>
People usually exaggerate this type of violence and assume it to be the norm while it normally isn't. That doesn't mean it never happens though, but I'm more familiar with a more indirect kind of bullying. I went to a pretty normal school back when I was 11 and we used to verbally abuse the everliving shit out of two or three people. I remember making a turkish girl who smelled like shit cry several times, and that's the kind of thing that usually happened

Back in high school there was nothing of the sort, people minded their own business and mostly talked behind others' back. The only thing that came remotely close to bullying was a guy who kicked a fat dude down the stairs because he was going slow or some shit.
>>
>>90244000
>I go to a predominately black school
>go in present tense
Nice Freudian slip, underage faggot
>>
File: 1491360880877.png (101 KB, 400x285)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
I've been spit on, had my head slammed with a locker door by someone I literally didn't know, had my locker filled with shaving cream and got my ass beat by a group of seniors, and this was all in the first three months of being the "new kid" at a rural high school. I guess you kids just have it easy these days with your school shootings.
>>
Mexican here. In my elementary + jr high, bullying were just taunts and anybody could be the victim. The first one to fall for a joke in the morning would be that days victim. It was pretty funny. Even us, the nerds, could get a chance to fuck with the douches. Girls were another thing, though. They were your typical Mean Girls-type gang.
In HS I was part of an "advanced" group, so we were lighlty bullied, as in being namecalled, etc.
In college, we were seen as stupid because we wanted to be part of the schools events/decisions, so older generations got butthurt when we would achieve something for us. Later on, with a new principal, we turned 180 and became the bad generation for being too political (university and school politics), specially me. The principal is trying to forbid me of going into the building even though I graduated last year. I guess that could be considered bullying.
>>
>>90250030
whitey
>>
>>90243003
>it was actually a decent suburban high school in San Diego
Hector, is that you? Never forget how I kicked your ass in the locker room that one time.
>>
I remember more bullying from elementary school than high school, some of which I was part of. There was this girl no one liked who believed in faeries and we would always fuck with her, like one time she was building a little fairy hut out of sticks and we ganged up and stomped on her.
Also picked on some of the less popular kids at lunch, mainly by stealing their backpacks and tossing them down a stairway that was always really dirty so they had a gross backpack.

Even then there was never anything like actual fights, and in high school there was next to no bullying but it was a Catholic school.
>>
Never. American high school bullying scenes always seemed to be outlandishly sadistic and brutal. If I ever saw brutal violence in school time, it was when one guy got really mad and started pummeling his rival/tormentor/bully. Never a case where bullies would be physically brutal against their target
>>
>>90243180
>My highschool wasnt too bad but I'm a britfag.
>freshman

High School? Freshman? You mean, Secondary you fake britfag. I went to a shit secondary school and let me tell you; never stand out, even accidently.
>>
>>90242909
>Are the violent high school bullying scenes which you see in most coming of age films and shows actually realistic?

Yes
>>
>>90250197
>I guess you kids just have it easy these days with your school shootings.

Do you think the jocks will ever learn?

I think I hated the cool kids more than the jocks. They had life so easy for them
>>
>>90250495
>faeries
Be honest, was it you?
>>
File: ww1 medic.jpg (62 KB, 438x750)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I got shitkicked like this at home, bad father, knocked one of my teeth out in a sucker punch. Not a drunk, not army. Just a scummy, lazy fucking shithead father. Why do you think I'm here?

I got taunted a lot in high school because my temper would not let me let things go. I learned to obsess about people, hate people for every minor injustice. I was fat, and awkward. I wasn't obese, but I was strongfat and didn't have the know how to lose the extra weight. Lifted weights and did cardio every single day, and ate like shit.

Anyways, one day I got sick of being taunted and hurled eggs at the hockey jock who gave me the most shit. Dude had never thrown a punch at me, maybe bumped into my shoulder once, and I laid into him. Covered him in eggs in front of his friends, struggled on my porch and then bashed him on the back with a skateboard. Amazing, catharsis right?

Nope. In the middle of this fight, basically the one attempt I made to break out of my own fearfulness, my asshole father burst out the front door (I lived near the school) and the kid I was fighting ran like the dickens. If I had doubts about this kid's abilities as an athlete as he failed to dodge eggs, you'd believe it seeing him run away from my dad.

So instead of just having a fight and being done with it, my father sits me down to analyze things. I am hysterically upset, hormonal, and I hate him. He contacts the school, makes a big hubbub about what happened. Because of that nasty phone call and the fact that I was an angry shithead with the principal about it, I got thrown in the co-op program. Dude I fought probably went home and got shit from his brothers, I had to shovel and clean shit

Hollywood characterizes bullying and aggression between kids as horrific and unnatural, but it is the adults in these kids lives who are really fucking up. Boo hoo hoo, this was over a decade ago.

Anyway thanks for reading, have a lovely day.
>>
>>90242909
ITT: Nerds suppressing memories.
>>
>>90250638
Nah, I honestly forget how to spell fairies and just let autocorrect do its thing most of the time.
>>
>>90245992
Oh shit, you went a shitty secondary school in a shitty area too? I avoided most conflicts by staying in the library, hell I even avoided the end of year egg and flour fight by staying indoors at some bullshit extra class and watching the shit go down from a window four floors above
>>
>>90243003

STELIO
>>
>>90246406
>two chads fighting for dominance
this never happens, chads don't fight, especially not between themselves
>>
Yeah, I had major fights in school with bullies
>>
>>90251243
>chads don't fight, especially not between themselves

Course they do, but your school needs to be relatively big for large enough divisions to appear. Otherwise it's just one group of Chads.
>>
>>90250567
>be a loser/weirdo
>blame jocks for making fun of you
>don't try to better yourself
Within one summer break I got in shape, started dressing and started skating, came back to school and made a small effort to socialize, no one remembered me so I ended up making friends with the kind of people that made fun of me, then I stole their bitches. It wasn't even that hard. I honestly think bullying/teasing can be helpful in some ways.
>>
>>90242909
>the mutt should fear the ayran
>>
>>90251443
>no one remembered me so I ended up making friends with the kind of people that made fun of me, then I stole their bitches

I would like to think this is real.

Anyway it doesn't matter, secondary school was more than a decade ago for me and we didn't have jocks like the americans did, it was a little more complex than that.
>>
There was never any actual violence at my school, the closest thing was kids trying to replicate the drama they see on tv. Unsurprisingly most of the genuine drama was started by literal retards
>>
>>90246254
Yeah, a couple of fights in school I couldn't remember what really happened, I just start seeing red and go blank and start wailing on whoever pissed me off so much.
Not a good thing to do
>>
>>90245109
imagine sending your white child to an integrated school. its a shame really.
>>
>>90242909
We got wedgied by 18 year olds when we were 13 then wedgied 13year olds when we were 18, but that was mostly my friend's older brothers kept the "tradition" (which they just got from 90's American TV) alive. Beyond that a couple of fights, but only over worthwhile problems- I got with a girl a year ahead of me and though her bf 2 years ahead would fight me, that sort of thing (he didn't). So general fucking around but no, none of this insane "Attacking one individual and destroying their property for no reason". Wouldn't surprise me if it does happen though, there's a good Joe Hill quote about kids being too dumb to get empathy. I'd like to think it's happening less than in the 80's due to better supervision, but I wouldn't bet on it
>>
>>90243003
You have to go back
>>
Filipinos in my school usually pull out a knife but somehow always get their asses beat lmao
>>
>>90253634
>imagine sending your white child to an integrated school.

I know that /pol/tards have re-imagined their past as alpha-dudes but come on, if you went to an all white school they'd pick on you for another reason.
>>
>>90243003
you have to go back
>>
I live in USA and it's scary to bully the autists. You never know that they might bring a gun next day and go on a rampage. Bullying women is easier though
>>
>>90254086
a sperg is gonna be a sperg that is true.
but there is conflict along racial lines in many schools.
>>
>>90248548
from what I have read, they're in a youth detention center since they are minors. there's now talk for the Juvenile Law to be abolished because of this incident.
>>
>>90254369
>but there is conflict along racial lines in many schools.

Oh I don't doubt that, but /pol/tards must be dreaming if they think that their troubles would be over in an white majority school.

(Hell, I bet their only friends would be minorities in a school like that. )
>>
>>90245227
Fucking christ. People like that don't change.
>>
>>90242909
Best instance of bullying I can think of is this story my dad told me, so this would have been roughly around the late 70's, early 80's. Some kid shit in another kid's algebra textbook and slammed it shut, so the kid who owned the textbook was called "Shitty Book" from then on out. Small town and he never moved away so people still call him that.
>>
>>90242909
Were lots of fights at my shit inner city school, and a few genuine psychos kids got bullied and mugged but it was different, more group based, smart kids weren't necessarily the victim.

But this is set in the 80s and it was probably normal then.
>>
>>90242909
I never understood the nerd bullying in american schools (real nerds not your modern normie nerds).

Brainboxes were respected in my secondary school. We have a few bullies/thugs in the Gifted and Talented classes.
>>
>>90243241
Yeah I went to a Canadian high school and the furthest bullying ever went was a kid getting threatened with a knife once way off school grounds. Fights were always two idiots fighting over girls or weed or something, never between bullies and victims.
Bullying was mostly taunting and mocking. We stuck a kid in a trash can and rolled him down the hall, set a kid's hair on fire, and pushed a fat kid down a hill once but that was about the extent of it.
>>
>>90254669
>have

Had, I mean, had. This was way back in 2005
>>
>>90254703
>We stuck a kid in a trash can and rolled him down the hall, set a kid's hair on fire, and pushed a fat kid down a hill once but that was about the extent of it.

I genuinely hope you die a painful death.
>>
>>90254750
I didn't do the fire thing, that was one of the firebug kids. The fat kid and trashboy were assholes who deserved what they got.
>>
>>90245487
>balkans
Elementary schools are breeding grounds for hooligans here. What high school did you go to?
>>
Some kid basically got lynched for calling a cool black dude a nigger in school
>>
>>90246319
It was cromartie high school class of 04
>>
>>90254808
>The fat kid and trashboy were assholes who deserved what they got.

I'm sure that's how it plays it in your mind, in the same way normies and cool kids seem to think that they were victims when they remember their past.

I wonder if there is any kino that has a group misremembering their school days til they get corrected?
>>
>have always been big and fat
>most kids at school were intimidated by me
>known bullies got out of my way in the hall
>rumors spread that I could kick anyone's ass at school
>I'm really a scared bitch
My power's worn off since graduation but it got me safely through 18 years of my life.
>>
>>90255748
How close did people get to realising you were a bitch? I've seen a couple of big-for-nothings get shown up.
>>
>>90243354
>You recessive Beaner genes took over.
That's not how genes work, Dwayne. You've been playing too much metal gear solid.
>>
>>90256065
Did see one go down but he also talked a lot of shit so people didn't like him. But for my school most of the kids had been going to the same schools since kindergarten so we were all friendly despite cliques
>>
>>90248695
I went to Catholic school from 6-12th grade and this is a joke except for the minorities part.
>>
>>90256065
I had false alarms but nobody ever realized.
>scared of three hooligans in my 4th period
>they were throwing paper balls at nerds
>one hits me
>oh fuck this is how it starts please no
>turn around
>guy who threw it looks nervous
>"M-my bad, anon!"
>his friends start laughing at him
>"You fucking dumbass lol your ass is dead homie"
>so relieved but still a bit scared
I was still nervous the next day thinking they caught on but it was still smooth sailing.
>>
I live and went to school just outside a DC commuter town and nobody really got bullied that much. Sometimes people would call the gay kids fags and someone called the gym teacher a nigger once. The only violence that ever happened was always between two pissed off kids and never weak kids getting beat up. I'm kinda disappointed I never got my shit pushed in, it would have made me tougher. Worst that people would do to me is pretend to be friendly and call me "big guy" (not in the /tv/ meme way) or by my embarrassing xbox gamertag, but that stuff was more confusing then degrading.
>>
Went to a mostly black / latino school in Houston, I'm talking 3% white, and even thought I was usually the only white guy around I was never really bullied or even saw any bulling other than some bants every once in awhile. There actually was a bunch of violence at our schools though, not really the bully kind but the welfare nigger scuffed his $200 shoes kind, at least once a month. And after hurricane Katrina hit and they shipped in a bunch of animals from New Orleans the violence increased to like a fight every other day, I thought there was going to be a full on turf war between H-TOWN and THE N-O or something but there still wasn't much bullying. Only cases of bulling I ever remember seeing were against some kid named Philip Kuna in 4th grade, the dude was a total weirdo and pee'd at the urinal with his pants around his ankles and he got it really bad, I think they pulled him out of the school. And the other one was some ESL kid that me and my spic friends liked to practice wrestling moves on in 9th grade.
>>
>>90254567
Yeah thats bullshit that you see people getting nicknames from things outside of their control but you kinda see it in adult life too sometimes.
>>
>>90243390
Mexican chief where I grew up had to resign cause he was raping prostitutes
>>
>>90242909
It's a trope that gets shaped to serve the narrative in movies, but yes, bullying happens. I received it in grades 7-9. Olders kids mostly get over it at some point.

Some bunch of bigger, older (flunking) guys take a dislike to a younger, smaller kid and just always give him shit, trying to bait him into a fight until they just kick his ass. That's what I mostly saw.
>>
Anyone find it odd how there would be a kid who gets bullied and you think "I'm going to be a nice guy" so ya talk to the kid and it turns out he is a complete fucking asshole.

More than once I'd make an attempt to be polite or nice to people I pitied for being bullied and, whether they were openly antagonistic or not, they would reveal that they are just shitty assholes.
>>
Bullies used to be worse, my parents told me stories from when they were in grade school about kids getting beat to shit.
My mothers first language was french, even though she grew up in Maine. Kids would throw rocks at her and other kids that spoke french, simply for speaking french.

The worst i ever saw personally was a kid get picked on for drawing dragons back in 7th grade, which was weird to me because i was literally drawing dragons right across from him. Some shitty popular kids picked up his drawings and taunted the fuck out of him but didn't bat an eye at me (but i could actually draw, and was an "Art kid" so that might have helped).
>>
I was bullied for a time in HS.
I had good grades, glasses, and a bad hair cut sophomore year.
Two fucks used to throw shit at me in class and when I was riding the bus.
It stopped one day when they threw something at me in the middle of class, I got up with my book in hand, walked back to kid #1's desk and slammed my book in to his face. I broke his nose and got ISS, but they never fucked with me again.
>>
>>90255142
You really shouldn't still be bitter about high school. There's nothing sadder and more miserable than an adult still dwelling on teenage nonsense.
>>
File: Curly.jpg (102 KB, 842x711)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>90254363
>>
I went to a Jewish private school and the only violence I can recall was one kid getting punched in the face. The puncher was suspended but no one felt sorry for the punched kid because he was an annoying habitual liar. I got some attention beforehand when I publicly told that annoying kid I didn't like him when he asked if he my friend even though I was a guy who mostly kept to myself. That kid didn't return the next year.
>>
>>90242909
>/pol/ vs /int/
>>
>>90242909
Jocks don't fuck with people hardly at all, the worst thing they do is be too busy with their sports-friend circle to hang out with you. Bullying did happen a bit in my elementary school, but usually that was kids who had developed weird rivalries. I had one kid I considered my "bully" for a while, but actually we wound up on pretty friendly terms later and I never actually had a problem with him. In retrospect he didn't ever go out of his way to single me out we just beefed.
>>
>>90242909
>The only thing I recall was banter, some verbal harassment towards a few guys and female cyber bullying.
>cyber bullying

Fucking hell, you kids know nothing. I live in Norway and grew up in a nice neighbourhood and we had bullying similar to in stranger things.

The government have done a lot against bullying and it does not seem to happen in the same way anymore, people just do "cyber bullying". Like for example I do now when I call you a nigger.
>>
>>90243413
>ironically
>>
>>90243003
STELIO
>>
Bullying is strange, because it depends so much on the individual. Oldfag here; using high school to illustrate (90's). Identifications were still pretty big then--nerds, burnouts/stoners, whiggers, punks/freaks, jocks, and so on. I was kind of a sociable dude who identified with the punks/freaks...but not skipping school and shit. Like a good kid who dressed like he wanted to be in The Misfits. A fuckin' dork, basically.

Anyhow, I got along with everyone, really. I remember talking to a total meathead jock one day; I had this spiked ring on (yeah back then you could wear a ring with a three inch spike on it and nobody cared) and he was like "dude you could fuck somebody up with that"...my personality carried me through the weirdness of that era. In fact, fights and bullying were more common within various social groups than between them. Just my experience. We did have one roid rager who was always waiting to fuck with someone...but he was by far the minority.
>>
I was an open fag in high school and I dressed gothic because I thought I was really edgy and cool. No one so much as laid a finger on me all through school, although I did get called names every once in a while.

My high school was 100% white in a super rural area of Missouri. Full of rednecks and generally uneducated people. Based on what I heard, I expected to get an ass-kicking at least once. Never did happen.
>>
Kids are fucking sadists. I nearly got my eye plucked out wehen I was nine by some 12 year olds on a dare.
>>
>>90242909
It happens. I'm Eastern European and I remember that one guy grabbed me by the neck and held me down a bridge, threatening to let me fall, just because I looked at his girlfriend.
In school, I got tied up to and people threw a wet sponge at me.
>>
Never saw anyone whip out a knife, never saw anyone get tortured.
Really just black kids fighting (poorly) all the time. Boys and girls. Sometimes Mexican girls would fight each other, sometimes the really trashy coalburner white girls would fight.
>>
I went to two separate high schools, and the one in the mostly black neighborhood was less violent than the one in the mostly white neighborhood.
fuckin' Michigan.
>>
>>90242909
Nobody ever took a weapon to anyone, but there was physical bullying. A few kids got their heads slammed into lockers or sucker punched/kicked in the hallways, but most of those weren't bullying, just kids fighting over a girl or some dumb shit.
>>
File: 1450772638769.png (582 KB, 650x676)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>90260951
similar story. went to another school for my senior years (my younger brother went there and they had better courses that i wanted to do).
kids who picked on him tried to pick on me, let it slide for the first two weeks because i didnt want to rock the boat. this all went on until the friday of the 2nd week, these two little rangas (gingers) we're throwing garbage at me on the bus until i stood up and put on my best meataxe fucking metal voice i possibly could
"IF YOU TWO LITTLE CUNTS DON'T CUT THAT SHIT OUT, I"LL KICK YOUR FUCKING TEETH IN AT THE BUS STOP ON MONDAY AND WEAR THEM LIKE A FUCKING NECKLACE." bus went silent.. they sat down.. and those two little shits got driven to and from school by their parents for the next three weeks.

word got around that i was batshit insane and nobody fucked with me (or my little bro) at all after that. actually made some awesome friends because of that 'reputation'.

but if half of the straight up physical assault i see in tv shows/movies goes on... no fucking wonder you get kids shooting up schools
>>
>>90245883
Etobicoke school of the arts?
>>
File: 1498168322398.jpg (356 KB, 970x545)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>90248023
Underrated post.

OP mentions cyberbullying in his post, so obviously he is still pretty much in school. But back in the 80s (like Stranger Things is supposed to represent) kids played rougher and there was more violence. And while no one ever pulled a knife on me, I can definitely relate to the stuff Stranger Things and the new IT movie show us.

The youth of today are pussies compared to the previous generations. All they do is tap on their iPhones. Less sex, less drugs, less violence: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/
>>
>>90257851
Isn't that technically stealing
>>
>>90248548

probably not much since south korea shares a big portion of its penal law with the german penal law. which is mild in comparison to others to say the least.
as a minor you can go on a rampage with minimal repercussions. minors having dozens of felony convictions without spending one day in prison isn't a rare thing.
>>
>>90243860
Anon... :(
>>
File: 133610024869.png (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
How do you bully people?
I legit find it hard to be nasty to someone to their face. I know normies love doing it but I'm on /tv/ so I'm probably not a normie.
I don't even like to make people upset Anonymously on 4chan.
>>
>>90270018
>But back in the 80s (like Stranger Things is supposed to represent) kids played rougher and there was more violence.

Males had higher testosterone back then.
>>
>>90270914
>I'm on /tv/ so I'm probably not a normie.
This is pretty much the normiest board on 4chan.

>>90270984
>Males had higher testosterone back then.
And women are at fault! Their pill usage has tainted watersupplies, so now people get female hormones from tap water.
>>
>>90242909
Bullying is usually a group thing and rarely violent, that single guy feared by all beating up weaker kids is bullshit.
>>
>>90243354
Found the bully victim lmao
>>
>>90270914
>not harboring such seething resentment that you are already angry at everyone by default and thinking of the most hurtful thing to say to them at the drop of the hat
>>
>>90271165
Millennial spotted.
>>
>>90242909
yes, and worse. i went to public school on the west side of chicago
was a giant shithole stabbings/shootings on the reg
>>
>>90242909
yes, was the retard autismo of the class there were some ordeals i started to consider dangerous, like having a knife pulled, bunch of kids holding me down to be punshed, being ducktaped to a pole
>>
show is over rated af
>>
cant get into this show honestly

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.