[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why does shit like Game of Thrones get to exist while actual kino like Rome gets cancelled?
>>
>>93110304
Ratings
>>
>>93110304
Rome was only good when dealing that and his buddy sidekick's character, anytime it went to politics and historical events within it felt too fucking BBC. Everyone is disgustingly British and pasty too, Romans were are men of bronze
>>
Jews and plebs.
>>
>>93110513
>Rome was only good when dealing that and his buddy sidekick's character
Except all of their funny adventures was unintentional burlesque comedy tier, how they keep bumping at random into every historic moment.
>>
File: GoT.jpg (202 KB, 1200x1781)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>93110304
it got cancelled because the set burned down
and rome was expensive as hell to make
GoT is a cheap ass show that mostly uses cgi and cheap costumes
>>
>>93110513
Nah James Purefoy was absolute class as Mark Anthony though, he really played him as he's described in the histories
>>
>>93110788
Rome and GoT had a pretty equal budget for a couple of years. HBO probably keeps GoT alive because of the massive ratings, which balances out.

Apparently the BBC cut their funding and HBO wasn't willing to pay the rest (which is pretty stingy, as the budget was roughly $90m paid by HBO, $10m BBC).
>>
Rome was a terrific show but things were getting too zany with Vorenus' mob-boss sub-plot.
>>
>>93110513

The scenes with Caesar and Antony dealing with ruling were all good, pretty much all of the series low points are when women are on screen.
>>
>>93111471
>Attia of the Julliii--I call call for justice

That shit was burned into my memory.
>>
>>93110513
>it felt too fucking BBC
I'm not a brit, what does this mean ?
Politics were the best scenes of the show, they had the best characters. Every one of them was great Cicero, Brutus, Cassius, Cato, etc...
Whereas the scenes with Vorenus and Pullo had a fucking endless stream of useless and punchable characters. Vorenus's wife, sister in law, her useless husband, neighbours, Vorenus's kids, etc.
Fuck plebs really.
>>
>>93110304
Formation
>>
>>93110788
The costumes and sets in GoT were great at first, especially in season 1 & 2.
Now it's a fucking joke.
>>
>>93111587
He probably means "costume drama".
>>
>>93110513
>Everyone is disgustingly British and pasty too, Romans were are men of bronze

British actors are the only relevant kind, everyone wants to see them. Italian and Med actors are literally irrelevant and no one wants to suffer through their horrendous English. Of course Italian production companies could always make their own versions of these shows, but I doubt anyone would give two shits about them lmao.
>>
>>93110304
Ratings
>>
>>93111587
I just wanted Caligula: The Series
>>
>>93111680
The whole show's a fucking joke now
>>
>>93112033
Watch I, Clavdivs
>>
>>93111680
No they weren't. The Tourney of the hand was laughable, and all the costumes were grey and brown from the start.

Game of Thrones never looked good.
>>
>>93110304
plebs massively outnumber patricians
>>
Fortune pisses on me
>>
>>93111892
You take that back you uncultured shit.
>>
File: 1506125137735.jpg (36 KB, 294x282)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>93110304
>tfw no Niobe gf

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.