[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: gematruna.jpg (324 KB, 2000x1000)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
Is there any redemption for Game of Thrones? is it possible for season 8 to restore the credibility of the series?

What can the show possibly do to fix itself?
>>
>>>>reddit
>>
>>94480735
>What can the show possibly do to fix itself?
End.
>>
To fix itself, huh? How long will it take to destroy all copies of season 7, claim it's not canon, then never film another episode?
>>
>>94481007
>season 7
The show sucked balls since season 5.
>>
>>94481230
>5
I think you mean 2
>>
>>94481267
No 5, you fucking edgy faggot.
>>
>>94481384
If you think if was good beyond 3, you have objective shit taste.
>>
>>94480735
>credibility
Game of Plebs was literally just known for letting epic random deaths and titties.
>>
>>94481827
The plot was too complicated for you, clearly.
>>
>>94480735
no
>>
>>94480735
couldnt make it past the first episode
>>
>>94481384
pleb detected
>>
>>94482123
Hipster detected
>>
>>94481978
This makes no sense.
>>
>>94482123
>>94481743
The show was at its best seasons 1-3. 4-5 got a little shaky, but it was still great, ignoring some contrivances. Season 6-7 is when it went to shit.
>>
>>94482370
>still great
The same way that fireworks are great. it looks good but that's it.
>>
>>94482352
In other words: If you think people were only watching the show for "random deaths and titties", then you expose yourself as being unable to comprehend the events of the show.
>>
File: 1429305776623[1].jpg (27 KB, 617x662)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>94480735
Bring back The Mannis, actually get the character right this time, and have him win the whole show.
>>
>>94482412
Let me guess, you hate the Sand Snakes. It always comes down to the Sand Snakes. The GoT fanbase acts as though the Sand Snakes warged their father and raped their mother, while forcing them to hold the door.
>>
>>94482370
>>94482412
Agreed. Some quality acting from Cersei and Jaime has been carrying the show for me. rip Stannis

>>94482181
no, you're just a normie faggot
>>
>>94482515
Fuck off.
>plot contrivances
>unrealistic bullshit (Arya in Braavos)
>nonsensical bullshit (Arya's Faceless Man arc)
>characters acting out of character
>terrible dialogue
>terrible acting (Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage)
>shoehorning in le shock deaths (Barristan)

I fucking hate GRRM but the show's quality declines everytime they have to, or insist on, writing new material. Game of Thrones is fucking normie-bait trash and if you cant accept that you're in denial.
>>
File: 1516369527904.jpg (3 KB, 200x240)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>94480735
It's impossible. The show was at its best when it was about knights, castles and plotting. Now it's become another 'we need to stop the evil big bad guy from taking over the world' story.
>>
>>94482923

And kill all men in the process
>>
>>94482923
While also pretending that Dany is any different from her father
>>
>>94482923
That was the most bullshit normie reasoning for how nonsensically CIA was written out. That now's the time for battle, and no time for scheming, when the real reason is that D&D have no idea how to write a character like CIA. It's gone from being a thinking man's soap opera in season 1, to Marvel-tier pleb garbage in season 7.
>>
>>94482707
>>plot contrivances
Too vague for me to comment on.

>>unrealistic bullshit (Arya in Braavos)
Arya's plot was fine until season 6, when they failed to have it pay off.

>>nonsensical bullshit (Arya's Faceless Man arc)
You're just restating a point. Pretty redundant. Just fluffing up your list trying to make it look bigger.

>>characters acting out of character
Which ones?

>>terrible dialogue
Example?

>>terrible acting (Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage)
Emilian and Kit were poor actors from season 1. Kit is actually getting better as the season goes on. His character is getting written worse though. That's out of the actor's control. Peter is doing what he's always done.

>>shoehorning in le shock deaths (Barristan)
Barristan's roll in the book only served to give exposition for characters in Daenerys's absence. To know what's happening with Hizdahr, Skahaz, and Quentyn. All of whom, are absent from the show, or killed off. And for good reason. The show can't afford to deal with those plot threads. So Barriston's contribution to the plot was not significant.
>>
>>94482542
Better be a normie than edgy neckbeard 4channer aka you.
>>
>>94480735
A two hour long, extremely explicit sex scene between NCW and Carice should do it. Mainly focusing on NCW
>>
>>94482515
This is the most reddit thing I've seen in the past month
>>
>>94484346
Would this suffice?
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0lVj2l7ckf1
>>
Isn't it already obvious where they are going with the story. They are all gonna team up to defeat the army of the dead. Woah, intesne
>>
>>94484375
Please, tell us what Reddit is like.
>>
>>94484398
Kinda defeats the purpose of the title of the show.
>>
>>94482707
>Dinklage
>terrible

He is one of the only consistent actors on the show though.
>>
>>94484398
What if they don't do that?
>>
>>94483429
The shows fucking shit. Martins a fat lazy fuck. And your a faggot. The show descended into a power fantasy for wet blanket males and bleeding twats
>>
>>94484450
There's only one season left, of course they will.
>>
>>94484450
What else would they do? They are obviously too pussy to kill anyone off anymore. Night King is obviously going to lose, I really don't know what other amazing things can happen in a final season that's not even going to be 10 episodes
>>
>>94484393
>that fucking scene where Jaime has a menstrual blood covered semi while his father is disowning him
Pure /kino/.
>>
>>94484445
Consistent in the fact that he panders to your expectations for his shit tier speeches and drunken exposition.
>>
>>94484483
But *what if* they don't do that? You see, it's a hypothetical question. A thought exercise. Wouldn't that defy your expectations? Wouldn't that be a redemptive move to make?
>>
>>94484504
>shit tier speeches

Which speeches annoyed you?
Are you sure you just don't hate Peter friendo?
>>
>>94482370
I still have no clue why 4 gets any shit.
>>
>>94484427
It reads like your fucking faggoty post. Like word for fucking word. I used to go on that shit years ago when they nearly bagged the wrong sand nig for boston. Posts read like your original post.
>Say naughty harsh words for the lol
>be a faggot and value shitty storylines
>come full circle with lol so randumb reference
Redditors posts are so hungry for approval, you can spot a true reddit faggot a mile away
>>
>>94484531
Then it won't be a satisfying conclusion for the millions of normies who have tuned in since 2011. Given what they have done with 7 it seems like the writers are too afraid to take any risks now, that's probably why everyone thinks 8 will be crap.
>>
>>94484493
Well everyone thinks Cersei will eventually team up, but I don't think that's the case. She'll die on the throne. I think Jamie is going to recruit half the Lannister army, before marching North, leaving Cercei even weaker than before.

And we really don't know what the Night King intends to do. Is he simply thinking to roll across the land and kill everything in his path? It's safe to assume he has no greater motives now, because we haven't seen any of his motives. But that doesn't make it so.

Also, even if they do kill him, he's not necessarily the cause of winter. So the story could still end in the long night.
All the big deaths will be happening next season, since this is the last hurrah, and all the contracts are fulfilled. Everyone is disposable.
>>
>>94484428
So subversive, 10/10.
>>
>>94480735
>Is there any redemption for Game of Thrones? is it possible for season 8 to restore the credibility of the series?
No
End
>>
>>94484632
I suspect the ending GRRM gives us will be totally different to the shit HBO shoves down our throat.
>>
>>94484725
Interesting thing about D&D is that they seem to take everything characters think in the books as absolute truth. So when Cersei thinks of herself Tywin with tits, that's what the show portrays her to be. When Tyrion thinks about how much of a pure, martyr saint he is for only molesting a 12 year old instead of raping her, the show goes on to make him the most moral man in the universe. With that in mind, the idea that Cersei would help her enemies to defeat a greater evil after their forces have been spent isn't that unlikely. It is more or less what Tywin did during the rebellion. Swooping in to "help" when the war is all but won. Cersei joining forces with Jon and Dany after they and the NK are weakened and unable to oppose her sounds like logical, Tywin like move.
>>
>>94484481
>your
>>
>>94484536
Yes. Fuck midgets.
>>
>>94484606
Oh that's rich. So you're a self-hating redditor. Well I'm not a redditor at all. So your radar needs some tuning. What's also funny, is that you claim I'm using harsh words for the lol, when you randomly use terms like "sand nig". Like calling people from the middle east sand niggers is funny to you?
What was the edgy word I used? Rape? That was inside of a context, which you seem to not understand. I was illustrating the point that people over dramatize, by using an over dramatization. It's supposed to make you think "well that's just over the top and stupid. Because that's how I feel about people's criticisms regarding the seasons with Sand Snakes.

So you see, I wasn't valuing shitty storylines. I was making the point, that despite the Sand Snake storyline being shitty, people are overextending it's shittiness, by judging the entire season on them.

The hold the door reference wasn't random. It was meant to illustrate how completely traumatized people are by the sand snakes. Again, being so overly dramatic about the sand Snakes, that it's as if you felt the suffering Hodor felt in that moment.

You simply didn't get my meaning, and then blurted reddit like a tourette's tick.
>>
>>94480735

i dont think it can be fixed but it could still do something cool like have jamie be azor ahai have deanerys be the "secret" bad guy all along and have the night king win or have the night king losing actually be a bad thing or something with bran and time traveling and fucking everything up, theres room for a good grey morality ending that can make you reflect back on the overall series as something decent despite the drop in quality over time. even if they do an ending actually interesting and worthy of the beginning ideas of the series its only got what 6 episodes left? so to tie up all the lose ends it'll have to feel rushed at best.

that said its way more likely with how things are going and how far they are straying from where the books are going it'll just end with a semi happy ending about beating the evilness but oh no one of them dies the end. which sucks cause the series never felt like it was about a big team up to defeat the great evil but rather questioning good and evil itself.
>>
>>94485101
This reads like a pompous redditor faggot's post.
>>
File: Gurm BTFO..png (647 KB, 1838x2202)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
>>94480735
>Is there any redemption for Game of Thrones?
No.
>>
>>94482435
That's why people watch it post season 3 because there is no story beyond typical cliches and sci fi/fantasy tropes.
>>
>>94485101
You clearly post on reddit.
>>
>>94484536
>Which speeches annoyed you?

There's a scene (I think it was when Oor Jonneh met that tiresome cow Daenerys) in which Missandei has the unenviable task of impressing on him how he STANDS IN THE PRESENCE OF DAENERYS STORMBORN and enumerates all her other windbaggy titles, which takes so long it's as bad as a speech. Which surprised me because I've always thought well of Missandei.
>>
>>94484969
>Interesting thing about D&D is that they seem to take everything characters think in the books as absolute truth.

That's an interesting point and one that hadn't occurred to me.
>>
>>94484969
>So when Cersei thinks of herself Tywin with tits, that's what the show portrays her to be.
Do they though? By making mistakes, making enemies, getting her children killed, and being hated?

>When Tyrion thinks about how much of a pure, martyr saint he is for only molesting a 12 year old instead of raping her,
He never thinks himself a martyr, and in fact is disgusted by his desires for her. And I don't see how Book and show Tyrion differ significantly in terms of moral disposition. What has Show Tyrion done that Book Tyrion wouldn't? Or vice versa?

I'm not putting it beyond the writers to have Cersei swoop in at the last moment. But I disagree with the reasoning behind that move. And I'm more interested in entertaining good ideas, not bad ones. We can sit here and moan about how the writers suck, and they'll never do anything interesting. But what if they DID do something interesting?
>>
>>94480735
The show officially jumped the shark when Jon bent the knee to Dany.
>>
>>94480735
I still enjoy it. If you don't, you can always watch something else.
>>
Remember how they started pandering to well known but unconfirmed fan theories? The show is literally written by reddit.
>>
>>94485044
>Two words sound alike
>Typo
>"HAHA, wow, how do you not know the difference between the words, moron?!"
>>
>>94485332
Such as?
>>
>>94485161
>>94485285
I bet you thought this was a clever come back.
>>
>>94485206
Interesting read.
>>94480735
Nope. It's only downhill from here.
>>
>>94485384
I don't see you denying it
>>
>>94485131
>that said its way more likely with how things are going and how far they are straying from where the books are going it'll just end with a semi happy ending about beating the evilness but oh no one of them dies the end. which sucks cause the series never felt like it was about a big team up to defeat the great evil but rather questioning good and evil itself.
I'm not convinced this will be the case. I think it's a far too easy assumption to make. A lot of people get off on feeling like they're smarter than the writers. So this is the immediate conclusion they jump to, in order to assert their superior sensibilities. But I think, that because it's such an easy assumption to make, they've been setting up our expectations for two season now, and they're going to dash them all with one or two of those "cool" ideas you listed.
>>
>>94485350
So you haven't read them then.
Anything that was ever remotely ambiguous in the books but clarified as a definite on reddit has been in the show. So many things that being to it starts to become ridiculous.
>>
>>94485304
>Cersei
None of her goddamn choices have had any real harm to her. She's literally hated by every kingdom except the Trident and yet she can sack Highgarden which conveniently can pay off Robert, Joffery and Tommen's debts.

Kids are dead? She's already got another incest abomination in her and literally no one is against it despite it now being open that their "Queen" fucks her brother.

No revolt of the peasants and nobles despite her fucking blowing up the Fantasy Vatican with the Pope and important nobles from every house including her own. And it's no goddamn secret, fucking Hot Pie knew Cersei did it.
>>
>>94485330
>haha le don't watch if don't enjoy it just turn ur brain off XD
Peasant
>>
I honestly don't remember season 5 or 6.
I wish I could actually remember shows I watch instead of it all just blurring.
>>
>>94485206
Just skimming those posts, I'm catching bullshit line after bullshit line. It's too damn long to read. But I get the sense that this person is just trying a very round about way of passing his subjective dislike for the books as objective observations.

The fact that he's a touhou fan is a huge red flag.
>>
>>94485557
Nothing happened. There is no story basic tropes.
>>
>>94485529
>incest
>FAS

Probably they'll call it "Tywin".
>>
>>94480735
there arent enough episodes left for it to be restored to its former glory. theres just no way without rushing the whole thing
>>
>>94485557
You didn't miss much, honestly. 5 is easy to forget, it's probably the worst season
>>
>>94485330
My opinion of the show should not affect your enjoyment of it. But if you do find yourself enjoying the show any less due to my displeasure, then help yourself and stop reading this thread.
>>
>>94485601
>he didn't read the leaks
>>
>>94485601
Eh I'm suspecting it'll be a miscarriage that'll turn her full on Mad Queen to justify Dany burning her alive.

Karmatic stuff where she aborted her unwanted kids all her life and now the one time she needed one most it dies naturally.
>>
>>94485557
I watched the entire show last year and caught up to where they were at the time in S7 so it all feels like one super long story to me. I remember events but not by season.
>>
File: night-king-minimalism.jpg (8 KB, 236x236)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>94484493
>Night King is obviously going to lose

he needs more and better propaganda
>>
>>94485399
You don't see much.
>>
>>94480735
>Is there any redemption for Game of Thrones?
no.
>is it possible for season 8 to restore the credibility of the series?
showfags like it. won't change. it'll only have more of the shit you hate, because that's precisely the shit they like.
fire D&D and start anew. Not happening.
hopefully there's some never-seen-before titties in the last season
>>
File: e0BUIRT.jpg (93 KB, 500x394)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>94485669
TYWIN WANT TO LIVE HEAR ME ROAR
>>
>>94485304
>making mistakes
The only mistake she made was arming the faith because the book plot demanded it to happen. And she mended that one quickly, efficiently, and weirdly without any blowback. In a way which was extremely similar to the Castamere incident, or the Red Wedding.
>making enemies
Tywin had a shitload of enemies. It's impossible not have them when your philosophy is to scorn love and rule through fear.
>getting her children killed
She didn't though.
>and being hated
Tywin was extremely hated but it didn't matter to him, because he didn't want to be loved. Opinions of sheep and all that noise. He hated the idea of being liked due to his father bending over backwards to please everybody. He opted instead to rule through fear and the certainty that he'll go scorched earth on your ass if you ever fall out of line. Even his kids didn't love him. Unlike book Cersei, show Cersei is presented as icy, calculated, calm, and intelligent. Much like Tywin was. She is completely different from her impulsive, delusional, hotheaded book counterpart who can't go for two seconds without publicly slapping somebody or falling into mouth foaming hysterics.
>He never thinks himself a martyr
He does though. All the time. He fucked over a good amount of people who were testifying against him, and he thinks they're all doing it just because he is a dwarf. He is desperate to be praised for what a good job he's doing and is extremely put off and spiteful when he doesn't get it, again, blaming it on discrimination. He doesn't want to want Sansa, sure. But he still gets annoyed with her for being cold and not wanting him even though he is (in his mind) so nice to her.
>Or vice versa?
Rape, feed a murdered man to poor people, burn down a bunch of poor people's houses, provoke someone to go to war on westeros out of spite, kidnap his nephew and consider killing him, poison his sister, plot to rape his sister, hit his girlfriend... There's a lot.
>>
Did anyone save the 'leaked' story outline from that thread months ago?
>>
>>94485529
How does the lack of consequences for her actions maker her "Tywin with tits"?
She managed to pay off the bank, sure. But she's weak. She's about to buy a company of sellswords. And Tywin was reserved enough to know that he can rule under the king, rather than sit the throne himself. If they're trying to make her Tywin with tits, then they're going about it all wrong.
>>
>>94485706
haha upvoted XD!!
>>
>>94485101
>Reddit spacing
>>
>>94485330
I still enjoy it but it's fun to read these threads because the show definitely isn't flawless.
>>
>>94485846
The end result is what matters and read what you just posted. Despite debt having always been a problem for 3 regimes she manages not only to pay the debt, but also have enough to hire the most famous and expensive 10,000 strong sellsword army.
>>
>>94480735
Kill everyone
>>
>>94481384
I do get what you're saying, but I have to agree with the other guy.
Nothing topped Season 1.
The second didn't even come close, but it wasn't actually bad. It felt more like a low point. The thing is, it never recovered.
So yeah, it went to shit at S2. S5 was just a breaking point.
>>
Any chance that when show Golden Company lands in Westeros they'll break their oath about never breaking a contract and sack KL to put Dany on the throne?

I mean they're backing Young Griff in the books.
>>
>>94485747
>And she mended that one quickly, efficiently, and weirdly without any blowback.
It was quick and efficient, because she made a public display that would normally have turned her people against her. Whereas Tywin would at least has been discreet, as to not alarm the smallfolk. It's true he didn't want to be loved. But he also didn't want to create any unnecessary risks. And that means keeping people placated. Tywin keeps his hands clean, and has other people do the dirty work. Like how the Mountain was to blame for his crimes, instead of Tywin himself. He diverts responsibility like that. Cersei takes all the blame and responsibility for her actions.

Tywin also operates on a strict need to know basis. Which is how her managed to pull off the red wedding. Being sure to leave all unneeded parties in the dark. Even to the point where no one knew he fucked whores.
Meanwhile, Cersei openly fornicates with her brother.

Tywin didn't squander good alliances like highgarden. Unlike Cersei, who did everything in their power to fuck them over.

>Unlike book Cersei, show Cersei is presented as icy, calculated, calm, and intelligent.
Book Cersei carries herself in the same manner. On the outside, she presents herself as the perfect queen. It's all the inner dialog, and behind closed doors scenes where she reveals her lunacy. Same with the show, except we don't get to hear her inner dialog in the show.
>>
>>94480735
HBO used to fucking DOMINATE when it came to slow paced character driven drama and the ironic thing is that when they get handed a property with plenty of it they decided to focus on the action to the detriment of the internal consistency of the world and to the development of the characters.

A lot of people hate AFFC and ADWD but those are honestly the closest the series could have gotten to something like The Sopranos or Six Feet Under where the character development and exploration of themes command the narrative more than action. And they fucked that up by continuing to beef up or invent action scenes for no fucking reason. And what action is taken straight from the books they managed to fuck up. in ADWD Daenerys has made concession after concession to rule Slaver's Bay, from the way she dresses, speaks, behaves and even who she sleeps with and right when she gives up the idea that she will ever have control of her life Drogon shows up and seeing the being that represents her own power, ambition and potential destroying her hardwon, albeit tentative, peace she shuts his bullshit down. She jumps into the pit and grabs a whip until he submits to her, until she isn't afraid of what he represents anymore, her own ferocity and inner strength. When Drogon is wounded she tries to pull a spear from his back and ends up flying for the first time fully in control because she understands him and herself for the first time, she realizes that dragons move towards conflict and danger because its in their nature and is realizing that its in hers as well.

In the show shes just like, I guess im gonna jump on his back now, hey look we're flying. Wow.

This is just one of the interactions that physically happens in the show at its core but they completely fucked up the setup and execution so it makes no sense. She hops and and for some reason she can fly him now.

I feel like bitching about this endlessly for hours now
>>
>>94480735
>is it possible for season 8 to restore the credibility of the series?

No way.
D&D are already working on a new show and they are getting Star Wars now.
Show was fucked once the books stopped.
>>
>>94481827
Season 1 had wow moments, but nothing like what the rest had.
They really were there servicing the story. Afterwards it became clear for the producers that people liked those moments, so they just exacerbated everything to service the fans.
>>
>>94486246
No one will sitt on the throne though.
>>
>>94485791
from his expression I think we can safely assume "night king" saw it
>>
>>94486246
They already broke their contract with Illyrio, he told them to sail eest to meet up with Daenerys but one of their captains says they should back Aegon and convinces everyone else.

I honestly can't wait to see their reaction if Aegon turns out to be a fake.
>>
>>94480735

Time travel

The same thing every story does when it becomes shit.
>>
>>94485747
>He does though. All the time.
I was talking about in relation to Sansa. Because you related his thoughts of martyrdom to Sansa. Now you're citing every other thing he feels pity for. And everyone DID fuck him over for being a dwarf. It was impossible to fight the charges, because it was based on his character. And he character was being painted by the fact that he was seen as a monster, due to his disfigurements. It wasn't unreasonable to think so.

>He doesn't want to want Sansa, sure. But he still gets annoyed with her for being cold and not wanting him even though he is (in his mind) so nice to her.
Well again, it isn't unreasonable to think this. He WAS nice to Sansa. And she couldn't even look at him.

>Rape
He was 12. He was a victim.

>feed a murdered man to poor people
The life of his lover was being threatened. Show Tyrion would have killed for her too.

>burn down a bunch of poor people's houses
I don't remember this. Are you blaming the wildfire?

>provoke someone to go to war on westeros out of spite
Who? Dany? You mean after she learned how deep the corruption of rule in Westeros is, then got half-convinced that there is another fair and just ruler out in the world, and so he went to go evaluate her himself, but hasn't wholly pledged to?

>kidnap his nephew and consider killing him
That plot detail was too complex for the show. And besides, it made for better TV if Cersei was almost about to kill her son. Also, Tyrion resolves that he would never kill Tommen. But he has to put on the show, in order to get compliance from Cersei.

>poison his sister
Show Tyrion would totally do this.

>plot to rape his sister
I don't remember this one.

>hit his girlfriend
Don't remember this one either. But it sounds familiar. This might be the only significant difference.
>>
>>94480735
At the end it just pans out and is revealed that it is all just a board game like the opening sequence, played in the living room by a bunch of bugmen.
>>
>>94486258
>least has been discreet
There is nothing discreet about the Tarbecks, the Reynes, the sack of King's Landing, or the rape of the Riverlands. Only in the Red Wedding did he really separate himself from the atrocity. As for Cersei, she publicly denies her involvement in the sept's explosion. Like with the Red Wedding, there's enough circumstantial evidence for people to suspect and fear her.
>Tywin also operates on a strict need to know basis.
For the most part, so does Cersei. Her conspiracy with Euron, the sept, the Mountain's resurrection were all kept covert.
>did everything in their power to fuck them over
Yes. They have to have show Cersei do book Cersei things form time to time when they are trying to adapt the book's plot. It was out of character for the Cersei the previously established and continued to portray.
>Book Cersei carries herself in the same manner.
Anon, she literally has a very public, screaming rant about torturing Sansa to death, has a wildfire tower burning party in case Tyrion lives in the walls, and strikes own uncle in front of people. She's obviously insane. She was fine before Joffrey died, but afterwards her mental state went down hill really fast, and with it, her public persona.
>>
>>94485863
You already admitted that you're literally from reddit. Whatever accusations you make are null and void.
>>94486150
Actually, those were proper paragraphs.
>>
File: thani.jpg (161 KB, 568x551)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>94481230
>>94481743
I never felt a big difference in quality through seasons 2-4, why do people think this?
>>
>>94480735
Regaining the balls to kill likeable characters

- Please kill Maisie
- Dont let MarySue Dany win
>>
>>94486196
>The end result is what matters
I don't think so. Tywin's results came from intricate calculated moves. Cersei's results comes from plot contrivances.
Tywin was setting up support with the Tyrells, in order to have the depth paid over time. Cersei did the Cersei thing, and make a brash move. Snatching everything from the Tyrells.
>>
>>94486246
>show Golden Company
Wait, what?
Did they introduce them in the show?
>>
>>94486812
yes cersei bought them with tyrell gold at some point in season 7
leaks for s8 (not sure how reliable) have them play a fairly significant role; basically just "oops we fucked up and made dany too OP, have to make cersei seem powerful again"
>>
>>94486639
>He was 12
I was talking about the slave girl who reminded him of Sansa.
>Show Tyrion would have killed for her too.
Maybe. But show Tyrion is always going for the peaceful option.
>Are you blaming the wildfire?
It was done in the preparation for the wildfire, in order for it to not spread he had a bunch of people with homes and businesses near the shore displaced. He never really thinks about it, nor is it ever mentioned that he repaid them in any way.
>Dany?
Aegon. He is gleeful about tricking him into attacking because he wants to see Cersei squirm. Show Tyrion on the other hand is horrified by war and violence, as seen in S7.
>Tyrion resolves that he would never kill Tommen
He considers it though. Show Tyrion would never go that far.
>Show Tyrion would totally do this.
Then why doesn't he?
>I don't remember this one.
It's pretty much his second favorite ADWD mantra. He lives to rape and kill Cersei.
>Don't remember this one either.
He hits Shae and Penny when they get annoying. He immediately feels bad, but that doesn't make it okay.

Anon, they even made his murder of Shae self defense. Show Tyrion is clearly white washed.
>>
>>94486602
>Bran reaches into the past and tells Ned what is going to happen if Robert leaves Winterfell without knowing the truth about Cersei and Jaime
>Ned tells Robert, Cersei and Jaime are executed and the kids are sent to live in exile
>Tywin upon reading the ravenscroll, dies of a heart attack in the privy
>Robert fathers a new bastard that he legitimizes, securing an heir
>Ned is allowed to make any request he wants of Robert
>"Don't make me you Hand."
>Ned stays in the north
>Robert appoints Littlefinger Hand
>LF realizes that even being the ruler in practice is pretty boring and he had more fun scheming
>peace rules the realm
>Jon uses his cred to get the soldiers and supplies needed for fend off the Others and leads the Realm's forces to glorious victory
>He then dies cold, alone but Lord Commander at Castle Black never knowing his true origins
>Daenerys lives out the rest of her life as Khaleesi while Drogo lives until he is cut down by a younger Khal after Drogo is past his prime
>She joins the Dosh Khaleen while Rhaego's reputation as a ruthless Khal spreas like wilfire as he not only ravages cities but rules them from his warpath as well with word of his deeds spreading from Ashai to Oldtown
>Cut to old Bran telling this story of his to a bunch of his grandkids as he walks with them in the godswood
>"It truly was... A Game of Thrones..."
>>
It don't matter anymore since the show isn't canon.
>>
>>94486258
>Cersei takes all the blame and responsibility for her actions.
The wildfire was an accident according to Cersei. On top of that, its not like she had a choice at that point.

>Tywin didn't squander good alliances like highgarden. Unlike Cersei, who did everything in their power to fuck them over.
More like highgarden did everything to fuck Cersei over and she fought back.
>>
>>94486880
Thanks, now I remember. Iirc the Ironborn are on their way to give them a lift.

>basically just "oops we fucked up and made dany too OP, have to make cersei seem powerful again"
Probably exactly what happened, though I'd be surprised if D&D noticed this themselves.
>>
>>94487065
>More like highgarden did everything to fuck Cersei over and she fought back.
This is also true. In the books, Cersei is just projecting herself onto Margaery for the most part. But in the show, Margaery is actively manipulating Tommen to get rid of Cersei and intentionally rubbing her power and youth in Cersei's face. Tyrell's are extremely antagonistic to her for no real reason. They remain antagonistic even when Cersei is trying to get them to fight the sparrows as their common enemy.
>>
>>94485101
fuck off reddit
>>
>>94481230
this
>>
>>94484815
>I suspect the ending GRRM gives us
Oh you sweet Summer child
>>
You know what’s bothering me more? The fact that HBO is planning on FIVE spinoff series. We’re going to see more of this type of fanfiction in the years to come.
>>
>tfw winter was coming
>tfw "Was it rape?"
>tfw Storytime with Old Nan
>tfw verts and reaction images everywhere
>tfw STANNIS DID NOT BREAK HIS VOWS
>tfw "Hi /tv/, this is Edward Starch"
>tfw you didn't know Dagmer's real identity
>tfw no chain
>tfw it fit
>tfw merlings were everywhere
>tfw CLEGANEBOWL was just one guy and he'd wish you merry CLEGANEBOWLs
>tfw frogfu was just one guy doing a countdown and he never got firsts
>tfw Rickon and Dickon become gay emperors of Essos
>tfw you were haeving problems
>tfw "Friendly Reminder with Ros"
>tfw "ALL HAIL KING JOFFREY THE WHORESLAYER!"
>tfw Talisa was a spy
>tfw Roose finally got loose

/got/, I dreamed I was old.
>>
File: 1503036603767.png (39 KB, 604x268)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
Never
>>
>>94486669
>Tarbecks, the Reynes
That's GoT knowledge I admit I'm ignorant of. But during the sack of King's Landing, didn't tywin get accused of coming late, and choosing the winning side? As a last minute show of loyalty, he had the kids killed and presented to Robert. And again, the Mountain is used to pass blame when the Martells come seeking justice. Most of the smallfolk don't know who is raping the Riverlands, because the Mountain rides without banners. Making his crimes seem like that of outlaws. So Tywin can feign ignorance of any crime that can't be explicitly blamed on him. And when it became time to dish out justice, the order was to kill the Mountain. Not Tywin.

>As for Cersei, she publicly denies her involvement in the sept's explosion.
Did she? She admitted it to some character. I forget who. Jaime perhaps. In any case, she's failing at being discrete, since everyone thinks she did it. Which is typical Cersei. Thinking she's being sneaky. When in fact, everyone is reading her like a book.

>Her conspiracy with Euron, the sept, the Mountain's resurrection were all kept covert.
She has a few secrets. Who doesn't? But the Mountain is the Mountain. The only reason no one concludes the dead man walking next to her is the mountain, is for the fact that he was reported dead. But even the book points out that only one man fits the profile of the Mountain. And in fact, it's a theory that the obviousness of his size will out Cersei as a liar.

>Anon, she literally has a very public, screaming rant about torturing Sansa to death
When was this?
>has a wildfire tower burning party in case Tyrion lives in the walls
This made sense, as everyone was astonished to learn of the tunnels throughout the walls. Everyone was afraid to at least some extent of the things in the walls. Burning the tower ended up being a nice little party.

>and strikes own uncle in front of people.
Cersei slaps Joffrey in front of people in the show.
>>
>>94486731

The best example is Bran's storyline that season. Bran, Meera, Jojen and Hodor get taken by the Nights Watch mutineers at Craster's keep, ultimately Bran just ends up making the same decision he made at the end of season 3, by choosing to continue north instead of meeting up with Jon. Now the story takes Bran to the Last Greenseer and Jojen dies, but neither of those things required the mutineer story to happen at all and it didn't change the fact that they got there. That story didn't do anything for Jon's character or his plot trajectory either, the only thing it really did was get Locke out of the picture. He didn't make any real impact on the plot so even having him go to the Wall was pointless to begin with.

This is where stories go from being simply nonsensical or good in theory but poorly executed to completely pointless. You could probably cut out the entire Bran and Jon story having to do with the mutineers that season and the only difference it makes is that Locke's mission to kill Jon given to him by the Boltons would have to come to a different end. They COULD have use Locke to ferment dissent among the NW at Castle Black and played the long game by having use see Locke's intentions, his subtle manipulation of the NW, validating other NW Brother's concerns about Jon and then planting the idea of mutiny and having him be present at Jon's murder and then have him hung along with Thorne and Olly and the rest once Jon comes back. But they didnt for some reason. I honestly thought that was how they were going to use Locke when he first suggests going to kill Jon. It would have made sense because the show can't spend too much time setting up all the reason Jon is stabbed and could have given it a solid mix of Bolton conspiracy and genuine grievances from the Watch.

But fuck that they had no idea what they were doing and they needed to fill time that season.
>>
>>94480735
Kill dany in the second episode.
Kill arya and sansa ASAP.
Kill Jon Snow eventually
Jamie redemption
Cersei be smart instead or arbitrarily strong
Crowseye betrays her
OnionKnight was working THE WHOLE TIME to clear out westeros for Stannis' daughter who comes with the Golden company.
>>
>>94487622
But Shireen is dead

also
>no Dany/Sansa lesbian scene
Only thing that could save those characters at this point
>>
>>94486896
>I was talking about the slave girl who reminded him of Sansa.
Who? I don't remember this.

>Maybe. But show Tyrion is always going for the peaceful option.
"Always"? As though there were other situations where even at the threat of murder, he still defended himself peaceably?

>in order for it to not spread he had a bunch of people with homes and businesses near the shore displaced.
I'm confused. You said he burned their houses down. Now you're saying they were merely displaced, in order to AVOID having their houses burn?

>Aegon. He is gleeful about tricking him into attacking because he wants to see Cersei squirm.
By that point in the book, Tyrion thinks himself the monster that people paint him to be. But he actually gave Aegon excellent advice. Quentyn's story is the parallel that shows how stupid the courtship plan really is. Tyrion's plan to gain power and approach Dany as a proper suitor, rather than a beggar was the best thing anyone told Aegon. Tyrion didn't trick him. But he still feels like a monster, so he revels in the deed as though it was dastardly.

>He considers it though. Show Tyrion would never go that far.
You can't know that, because the situation wasn't given to Tyrion. And even if it was, and he pulled it off, we still couldn't read his thoughts.

>Then why doesn't he?
Did he ever think to? If he never considered the plan, then you can't say he made a moral decision.

>It's pretty much his second favorite ADWD mantra. He lives to rape and kill Cersei.
Oh... Yeah, that's just him playing the monster. He's just having angry thoughts. Not making real plots. You're supposed to be able to tell the difference between how Tyrion really feels, and the delusions that Cersei thinks of Tyrion. Everything that she thought he would do, he thinks he should do. But not seriously. He would never.
>>
>Sansa becomes the new Varys and goes crazy, going back to her father's old allies even dragging around someone she claims to be Arya hoping to sell her off to continue living in luxury
>Bran is obviously being set up as the next Bloodraven
>Arya heads west and declares she will take over whatever continent she finds with wolves hoping to become the next Aegon the Conqueror
>Rickon arrives on the shores of Winterfell fifteen years later with his own own army attempting to reclaim his birth rigiht similar to what Aegon did
>Jon is revealed to be alive, having switched positions with either Mance or Rattleshirt who took a knife for him using Mel's necklace. Theon Greyjoy makes it to the Wall somehow and disguises himself as Jon to the point where the Night's Watch believe he is alive again
>>
>>94487797

I think Quentyn is a good parallel for Theon. He's basically the Martell's version of him, which makes me believe he is really alive.
>>
>>94486896
>>94487797
>He hits Shae and Penny when they get annoying. He immediately feels bad, but that doesn't make it okay.
I'll give you that one. But slapping bitches doesn't make him much less moral than Show Tyrion. Also, Penny did need a wake up call. I can't remember why he slapped Shae. But penny's slap was needed.
Still, it's much harder to sell the sensibilities of medieval times to a modern audience. How do you paint Tyrion as a good guy to TV watchers, when he's slapping hos? Some people would think that irredeemable.

>Anon, they even made his murder of Shae self defense.
Shae only attempted to kill him, because she feared that he would kill her. Was she wrong? Was Tyrion just going to walk away?
>>
>>94487065
>The wildfire was an accident according to Cersei.
And no one believes her.

>On top of that, its not like she had a choice at that point.
Tywin would have handled it better. The Red Wedding proves that.

>More like highgarden did everything to fuck Cersei over and she fought back.
Tywin was doing everything in his power to bleed the Tyrells for their wealth, while keeping them loyal and complacent. Cersei failed to be effective, and then exploded them when things got too hard.
>>
>>94487963
QUENTYN
IS
DEAD
YOU
FUCK
>>
>>94486955
>Jon uses his cred
What cred? He was just a fucking bastard
>>
>>94487292

I'd be shocked if we get more than 1 spinoff.
>>
>>94488095

That's what they also said about Theon
>>
>>94487982
Just gonna chime in for a second here.
Tyrion is a fascinating character in the books but I would never want to know him or be anywhere near him. He rapes a sex slave on Volantis(iirc could have been another free city), she has scars on her back and a dead look in her eyes, he knows and thinks about exactly what she has been through and still fucks her.
Even before that he thinks about fucking Sansa, he doesn't but its not because he is a good person. He doesn't fuck her because he wants Sansa to THINK he is a good person, he wants her to see him as a friend, someone to listen to her problems and give her comfort and for her to love him. But he never thinks that he could love Sansa, just that he wants to fuck her and for her to love him.
As for the killing of Shae, in the books he strangles her as she sleeps because he can't deal with the fact that he tricked himself into thinking she loved him when she really was just a whore the whole time. Its him directing his self-loathing on another person. The show changed it because they wanted to keep Shae as actually loving Tyrion but turning against him and they didn't want Tyrion to seem like a cold blooded murderer. Before that he even has a singer named Symon Silver Tongue killed because he threatens to tell Cersei and Tywin about Shae and has Bronn take the body to a pot shop to be made into a bowl of brown.

With where he is in the books now, I love him as a character, repulsive human being. I want him to get his revenge but I also want him to die immediately afterwards because he is a shit-tier human being.
>>
>>94488265
>it was a sceam of ecstacy
You are clinically retarded.
>>
>>94488282

I think the end game for Tyrion in the books is really just to take over the city Daenery's is ruling while she fucks off doing vision quests or god knows what, prove you're a competent leader then make some kind of alliance with the Martells. I still think they are going to try and kill off every male Lannister heir except Tyrion so they can secure a good position of Casterly Rock via marriage.
>>
>>94488097
Fair, at most Jon could maybe convince Ned that its all true. At least the North would rise on a combination of his and Lord Commander Mormont's word.
>>
>>94482923
ye
>>
>>94487312
>tfw stannis beats his troops with an enormous flaming whip
>"form ranks you maggots!"
>>
>>94487333
They only rode without banners before the war. It was all a plot to bait Ned to assemble a small party to stop the Mountain. It's all written clearly in the books. He chastises Jaime for fighting Ned in the streets and getting him wounded, making him unable to march.
After the war starts and Dondarrion is defeated the first time, they spend all their time hunting the Brotherhood and pillaging everything with the Lannister's and his' banner.
It's all clear on Arya's chapter where the Night's Watch is besieged in a random holdfast.
>>
>>94488353
That'd be a hard case in the books since there are still tons of Lannisters around. Even more if you count the cadet branch in Lannisport. They would have a hard time making a claim while Tyrion is alive with Dany as his backing but I think they'll just fighten the rest into irrelevancy.
Its a bit weird in the books because even Kevan seems to believe that Cersei should go rule at Casterly Rock but he would have the rights to it from what we've seen about the laws of inheritance and if not him there are other male Lannister cousins and so on around. He definitely just wants Cersei out of the way so thats probably all it is and figures she'll do less damage to the realm from there.
>>
>>94488432
Ned was never going to march on the Mountain, he sends Beric Dondarrion to lead the expedition to arrest Gregor. And Ned sending that party out doesn't even happen until after Ned has recovered from being crushed by his horse.
>>
>>94485101
Le plebbitor
>>
>>94488282
>He rapes a sex slave
Oh come the fuck on. That's what you meant by "rape"?! Anon, like it or not, it was her job to be fucked men. Tyrion didn't cause her fate. Nor did he make her fate any worse.(save for the fact that she was likely repulsed by him) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he cum in her in 3 seconds, and then kick her out?

This is the same logic that caused Tyrion to turn so dark in the first place. It's "rape", because he's ugly. But if it were a handsome man, then it would have been consensual.

>Even before that he thinks about fucking Sansa, he doesn't but its not because he is a good person.
WROOOOONG. He explicitly thinks he can't do it, because she's a child. He wants to be dutiful however. Which means bedding her, and having heirs, and becoming the lord of the Rock. That's why he laments the fact that she disgusts him. Because if she actually lusted after him, then at least he could find the strength to do his duty.

>As for the killing of Shae, in the books he strangles her as she sleeps because he can't deal with the fact that he tricked himself into thinking she loved him when she really was just a whore the whole time. Its him directing his self-loathing on another person.
This is true in part. But you left out the crucial detail of her actually lying to him, and undermining him, by sleeping with his father. As well as dealing the killing blow against him in trial where his life was on the line. How can you completely ignore that fact?

>Before that he even has a singer named Symon Silver Tongue killed because he threatens to tell Cersei and Tywin about Shae and has Bronn take the body to a pot shop to be made into a bowl of brown.
The singer threatened the life of his lover, and at the very least, his relationship with his family house and honor. What other option did Tyrion have? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Tyrion flippantly tell Bronn he doesn't care what happens to the body. Not deliberately make stew.
>>
>>94488810
Holy shit, you have proved yourself completely retarded.
You are bending over backwards to suck off a fictional character and justify every fucked up thing they do. I bet you think Elliot Rodger was justified and that Columbine happened because the normies didn't understand the shooters' feelings.
>>
>>94488909
I bet you think having an inner monologue where you *thinking* about shooting up a school makes you equally as bad as a person who actually shoots up a school.
>>
>>94481384
S2 is when things started going downhill.
it’s hard to spot to new viewers and people wrapped up in this new fantasy world, but it becomes apparent the more you watch it
>>
>>94488650
You're remembering it wrongly. There's a whole scene of Tywin complaining about Jaime going after ned and during court when Ned is already wounded he states that he is unable to march against The Mountain and bids Dondarrion to do it for him.

I can't find it now in the books, but the page in the wiki says as much.
>Before his planned departure from King's Landing to return to Winterfell, Eddard visits another of Robert's bastard children, a girl named Barra, found by Lord Baelish. Returning from this meeting he is ambushed by Ser Jaime Lannister, who wants revenge for the seizure of his brother Tyrion by Catelyn at the crossroads inn, a fact Eddard had learned the day before from Yoren, a wandering crow. Eight men die from the ensuing melee, including Jory Cassel, Heward, Wyl, and Tregar, and Ned's leg is broken when his horse falls upon him. Pycelle treats Ned, who has a fever dream of the tower of joy. While recovering, Robert visits his friend, pardoning him and returning him to office as Hand of the King.

Eddard sits on the Iron Throne and hears petitions while Robert is out on a hunt. Ser Raymun Darry, Ser Marq Piper, and Ser Karyl Vance bring the news that several villages near the border of the westerlands have been ravaged by Ser Gregor Clegane. Eddard sends Lord Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, and a number of knights, and members of his own household guard to bring the Mountain to justice for his crimes against the riverlands.[
>>
>>94488981
Wow, you've managed to outdo you own faggotry
>>
>hound loses to strong woman because a girl character recently died
>uninstall series and never went further
>>
>>94485101
wew lad you need to calm down
>>
>>94489021
You've managed to reduce the conversation from a debate to insults
>>
>the show sucks because they're manning the plot up instead of following the books that don't exist

I don't understand this logic. Fat fuck abandoned the books even though he kept promising to release them. Showrunners did the logical thing and revemped the story for a more streamlined ending since they aren't fantasy writers and don't knows all the intricite secret details of fat fuck's world
>>
>>94487352
oh yeah I don't know why I included 4 in there, some really stupid shit happened for no reason
>brienne and jaime get to KL before the royal wedding
that alone was just pants on head retarded
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpxx8TztBw

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO.

season 7 was terrible shit. the only interesting thing in the show was the tower of joy scene and arthur dayne.

everything after that is just crap.
>>
Let's all relax and nostalgia back to when normalfags hadn't ruined A Song of Ice and Fire yet. They were honestly better times.
>>
>>94489216
We were still bitching about shit like Ros, Talisa, "he has to pay the iron price", and Cersei's white washing.
>>
>>94489119
It would be understandable if they actually attempted to write a decent story. But without the books, they just follow every generic good guys vs bad guys fantasy trope. The show itself wasn't held up by a framework of fantasy anyway. It's a show about political intrigue, and interesting characters. Yet the writers can't simulate that either.

Honestly, if the source material wasn't so strong, the whole thing would have completely unravelled already. What talents do the writers have?
>>
>>94489267

It's a shame how much damage control they did when the Red Wedding reaction videos became popular and they just liked this series as a fashion accessory rather than genuinely enjoying it.
>>
>>94488650
Found it.
>"The First Men believed that the judge who called for death should wield the sword, and in the north we hold that still. I mislike sending another to do my killing...yet it seems I have no choice." He gestured at his broken leg.

Than comes Loras asking to do it in his place and he denies him the honour and calls for Beric and all the other dudes.
>>
>>94488357
If that happened I don't see how they could be conviced. In reality, Bran talking about The Others and all that stuff would just undermine his accusations of Jaime's and Cersei's incest and bastards. Of course he would not care about how believable it would be, as it was shown in the series (only if he did, as it was shown in the series too).

I truly think that with that resolved the plot would revolve around Mance Rayder and the impending revelation that is was true all along.
In true D&D fashion it would all be during a big battle at the Wall, and during its climax a massive horde would appear out of the forest near the Wall and everyone would let the Wildlings in.
>>
>>94489003
Ned does say that he's unable to ride out but there's no scene between Tywin and Jaime in A Game of Thrones. By the time we see Tywin for the first time in the books Ned is already in the dungeons in King's Landing and Rob is marching South. Tywin never complains about Jaime's actions either.
>>
>>94489063
>its only considered rape because he is ugly
You turned it into a display of your autism
>>
>>94489119
Your problem is that you think the foundation of that logic is in "follow the book, good. don't follow the book, bad."
That's not the case. The show leans heavily on the books, so when they reached the point where there weren't any more material to adapt they
>aren't fantasy writers and don't knows all the intricite secret details of fat fuck's world
comes into play. They just don't know what they have to do anymore and have shown to not having the ability to write that well.
>>
>>94489777
Think about it though. Sex slaves have existed for thousands of years. They have no choice who they fuck. They work indiscriminately. Now, obviously, by modern day standards that's fucked up. But this is Essos, in the world that predates modern sensibilities. If you wanted criticize the system, I understand. You could say "sex slaves are being raped." Or, "Tyrion unwittingly rape a woman, when he partook in a corrupt system." But that's not how you sold it. You were implying malicious intent, removed from context.

Also, you didn't weigh Tyrion's actions in relation to other "good" characters who had slaves. Like Oberyn and Jorah. And while Haldon Halfmaester abstained from taking a slave himself. He condoned Tyrion's actions.

So considering all that: Why was it rape?
>>
>>94489742
Indeed there is no scene between them as they are not PoVs in the book. But I do remember a scene that Tywin complains that Jaime screwed his plans with Ned. It was probably with Tyrion, but I don't know where exactly, maybe during the meeting before battle where Tywin changes his opinions about him a bit.

All in all that part is not really important to what I was trying to say. Only the one where Ned was to be baited into going there, the whole point of the ruse was to get him to march with small numbers and be ambushed by a much larger force.
The Mountain raided the southern Riverlands, and after the war started for real, he didn't need to use the cover at all, as Ned was already dead and Riverrun was in open rebellion.
>>
Am I wrong to believe that the first season feels like the best season? Haven't finished season 4
>>
>>94490697
The first season is damn near perfect.
>>
>>94490207
Jorah is also a sack of shit, I don't recall Oberyn having slaves. Maybe while he was in Essos but I can't remember if that was mentioned.
And I don't buy into the idea that people of certain times and places were incapable of seeing the wrong they did on other human beings. It demotes people of those times and places to being complete subjects of their society and removes personal agency and is just a way to absolve people of wrongdoing. Empathy isn't something that developed in humans in the past century.

The whole thing about being a"man of their time" is bullshit, I agree that people like Jefferson Davis had their opinions largely because they grew up in a society where slavery was legal and common, but so did Frederick Douglas, he was a man of that time. John Brown was a white man who saw the evils of slavery and acted on it, he was also a man of his time. There are tons of examples of people who grew up in corrupt, violent and oppressive environments but still resisted the trappings of their society. The rest is due to ignoring other people's genuine plight and moral cowardive.

Tyrion is largely also a product of his time but when people do these things to him, he knows they are wrong. When he literally pays Shae to lie for to him about love he's fine with having her for what she is and believes his own lie and when she lies in court for her life he holds it against her as if she betrayed him and killed her when she posed no threat to him and he obviously resents his Father for the gang rape of Tysha even when he thought she was a whore but has no problem having sex with a woman he knows has no choice in the matter if she doesn't want to be scourged. Tyrion knows right from wrong just like most people in history did, he just chooses to ignore it when it benefits him and when its even mildly inconvenient. He's a great character but he really does deserve to die.
>>
>>94480735
Anyone have webm of bran telling sansa he saw the rape, and it was beautiful?
>>
>>94490563
I just checked the two Tyrion chapters where Tywin appears and I can't see anything where Tywin criticizes Jaime. All I saw was him saying that Jaime wouldn't have gotten himself captured and praising Jaime in comparison to Tyrion.
Ok, I think I misread what you were going for, theres no real issue here I think.
>>
>>94491045
Maybe I just confused everything. That doesn't really matter or it was in other books. I tried looking it up but nothing showed. So I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>94491110
I think there is a conversation like that but in ASOS in a Tyrion chapter but I don't have my copy on me so I can't check right now.
>>
>>94485101
>I've been found out!
-the post.
>>
>>94484536
latest season
>omg we're fucked if cersei don't team up with us
cringe
>>
File: reddit spacing.png (53 KB, 866x475)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>94485101
>>
How did it come to the point where there's a clear divergence from George's work and the work of the show writers?
>>
>>94491331
There were divergences since the beginning.
At one point, when they pile up enough, you just can't keep pretending it's the same thing.
>>
File: 1517089276585.jpg (69 KB, 654x639)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>94491217
Ive never posted on reddit so this is new info to me.
>>
>>94491331

S1 when Ned didn't have his TOJ dream. I jumped ship at the end of S2 because the cracks were further starting to show. I just wonder though if we're getting TWOW this year or have HBO cucked George into not releasing it until after GOT finishes.
>>
>>94491476
I think they cucked George into writing even more books as it seems he's wanting to write more after TWOW

Probably going to be another series with an all new cast
>>
>>94491405
Yours really isn't reddit spacing, most fags here think that any spacing at all is reddit spacing.
If you look closely at the image you'll see that what the poster is trying to do is lay his text vertically, as it is impossible to do that he needs to double space.

So, if you see a short text

Written like this

It is reddit spacing

Otherwise, it's just people not wanting a massive block of text that is kid of difficult to navigate.
The reply box is also to blame. If you keep it small you'll have a hard time knowing how your reply will be rendered.
>>
>>94491532

My bet is what I posted here. I think George is going with a time skip despite not originally intending to do one. There's definitely going to be a skip at the end of TWOW though. Epilogue will probably be 15 year old Rickon arriving on the western northern shore with his army ready to fuck over Ramsey or whoever is in charge of his family's castle

>>94487931
>>
>>94491387
>>94491476
>No tower of joy dream
"Oh god they're really going to have to take their time with the House of the Undying visions then."
>no meaningful HotU visions in season 2
"Holy shit, they're going to have to pull R+L=J completely out of their ass."
>they pull it out of their ass 4 seasons later with literally nothing to ever indicate that Jon isn't Ned's son until they literally tell us he isn't
"I fucking hate this show."
>>
>>94491618

That last scene with Sam and the Others is where I said "fuck it, I'm done".
>>
>>94491577
I doubt Ramsay will last that long.
But I really do want a sequel with Rickon, growing up to be the Lord of Winterfell under whoever but not really knowing what it means to be a Stark and having no real memories of his family and there's only one person left who can teach him. Theon. It would be great, lots of tension and inner conflict in this relationship where Rickon needs, despises but even admires Theon despite himself. With some external threat like a Skagosi rebellion looming over the whole thing or whatever. Smaller in scale than ASOIAF for sure but the character focus and geography would be narrower accordingly. A real character driven story.
>>
>>94491777

Shit that's a great theory. I think Theon is really going to redeem himself someway in TWOW for the northerners to forgive him. Sam is going to probably declare him innocent after Bran tells Theon at the woods, but if Stannis doesn't make it I can see him naming Theon as Lord of Winterfell if he doesn't murder him that is. Roose could maybe last that long, Ramsey probably will meet his end in TWOW, I think Theon is going to be the one to bring him down in some way.
>>
File: 1513744168368.jpg (42 KB, 900x675)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>94491217
quite the errr... reddit professional...
>>
>>94491881
I like that idea too.
I really would like to see Martin write something smaller in scale and focused on a really narrow cast of characters like in Fevre Dream which is easily his best Pre-ASOIAF work imo.
>>
File: potato bong.jpg (51 KB, 750x937)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
more tits, they need to get back to the winning formula
>>
>>94491970

I'm kind of hoping we get some exposure to Skagos in Winds, always been curious about that island since they first got mentioned. I doubt we're not getting anymore Davos chapters until ADOS so I see Theon going to collect both Rickon and Davos.
>>
>>94480735
I don't think so, it has the telenovela curse, now it has to end, and they have to give a satisfying ending to every fucking little dumb shit they establish, hence the fucking pointless deaths, nonsense returns, and dumb plots, like, why did gendry came back, just hint to him its enough, or if you gonna bring him back don't completely erase him for two seasons, and then have him be essential to an implausible stupid plan to capture a white walker
>>
>>94492040
GRRM said that there wont be any new POVs in TWOW besides prologue/possible epilogue so I think he has to start cutting them down if anything. I'd love to see Skagos though no matter who gets there.
>>
>>94492156
Also, fucking jorah, you establish a deadly disease and drag it for two seasons, and then is fucking cured in an episode, by fucking Sam, just by removing the infected tissue, nobody tought of that, ever, and this fat fuck invents a new medical procedure in months of being in the citadel, that pisses me off so bad, as a tv and film enthusiast, and as a physician, fucking damn it!
>>
>>94489267
This. I remember sperging out about Talisa and the iron price.
>>
>2018
>still no twow
>2019
>got finished
>still no twow
>still no twow & ados
Why George, Why?!
>>
>>94487622
if they didnt kill shireen this would have been KINO
>>
>>94480735
I stopped caring much about this show years ago, so I really don't care. No interesting characters left. Just a team of superheroes doing capeshit against comic book apocalypse.
>>
>>94490970
>Jorah is also a sack of shit
Well, yeah. But who is crying about him raping slaves?

>I don't recall Oberyn having slaves
Oh fuck, I got that wrong. Obara's mom was a whore from Oldtown. For some reason I thought she was a slave.

>And I don't buy into the idea that people of certain times and places were incapable of seeing the wrong they did on other human beings.
Not incapable, no. But you have to consider that in a time when slaves are a normal occurrence, the way they perceive wrongdoings toward slaves won't be as heightened as ours. Illyrio's attitude toward slaves is far more flippant. And even later when Tyrion meets more slaves, he learns how many are content with their lifestyle. These experiences would soften the idea of slavery.

>The whole thing about being a"man of their time" is bullshit
While many men did see the evils, many men didn't. That's just a reality. When you don't even consider a man to be equal, how can you consider their exploitation to be unjust? It would be like saying Tyrion is evil for riding a horse. Or Tyrion is evil for eating a pig. These creatures are beneath him, therefore he doesn't treat them as equals. This is similar with slaves.(or even free whores to a certain extent) Their standing in society marks them as being other. You can't say "The man of their time is evil, because he owned/benefited slaves." Because it removes that man from his contextual grasp of the world.

>and believes his own lie
He constantly reminds himself it is a lie though. He enjoys the lie for the moment, but never holds on to it.
>when she lies in court for her life he holds it against her as if she betrayed him
Shae offered up details that were wholly unnecessary. She wasn't being coerced into a confession. There was no way they could have known about Shae, unless Varys told. Shae was playing her own game.
>>
>>94484556
Same 4 was the best season
>>
>>94490970
>>94493270
>he obviously resents his Father for the gang rape of Tysha even when he thought she was a whore but has no problem having sex with a woman he knows has no choice in the matter
But it's different, because Tysha was a free woman. The slave was a slave. And she's close enough to a whore, which is a service he's already accustomed to.

>He's a great character but he really does deserve to die.
While many of his actions are morally gray, he's a good guy. Fucking a girl who thought his face was ugly, isn't worthy of death.
>>
>>94491217
Paragraphs are meant to cluster an idea, or a thought. Double spacing separates ideas. The first paragraph is about the use of edgy words. The second paragraph is about valuing shitty stories. The third paragraph is about random humor. And then the final sentence concludes the overall statement. 10 sentences, 2 sentences, 3 sentences, 1 sentence.

The example you provided shows how one idea is broken into three double spaced sentences.
>>
>>94492405
>and this fat fuck invents a new medical procedure in months of being in the citadel
No, he read books that other maesters considered to be unhelpful to his cause. Figuring to try one of the cures in the book. Sam even had the book in the tissue cutting scene, and closely followed the instruction. If you're going to complain, at least complain for the right reasons.
>>
>>94487622
Jon Snow dying again would be lame The Bible proved you can't kill someone again you have them live forever. Just have the Gods Melisandre worshipped be actually real and warp him to heaven.
>>
>>94484556
Because red wedding happened at the end of 3. It was when the show started gaining tons of popularity and /tv/ are contrarians. 4 was a great season for the most part.
>>
>>94480735
>Winter is coming.
come ooon
>Winter is coming
COME OOOON
>Winter is coming
COME ALREADY FFS
>Winter is here
IDGAF anymore, I want everyone to just die
>>
>>94489267
eh? eh?
>>
>>94486602
>Hodor's origin

Literally dumber than "got kicked in the head by a horse" because it turns out that it didn't happen and he somehow a seizure turned him into a retard
>>
>>94486602
It's literally a pleb filter you brainlet. It's saying "if you don't understand this dead simple non-linear causality then you have no business watching this".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.