[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images(1).png (48 KB, 800x729)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>"Dude, turn off your brain" isn't a legitimate retort when watching a fantasy, capeshit, or comedy film
>>
>>97358179
whatever you say sweetie
>>
>>97358179
ok sweetheart
>>
>>97358179
um actually my autistic nitpicking is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT
>>
File: 1523709352141.gif (41 KB, 645x773)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>Id's about wizards and dwaguns why does it need internal consistency
>>
>>97358219
ok babe
>>
>>97358243
yes, that is a valid point
>>
>>97358179
>where’s the reality in my unrealistic film?!
>>
>>97358179
Yes it isn't. Asking to lose your humanity to enjoy a movie is like asking an adult to cut off his limbs to fit in a kid's ride.
>>
>>97358348
>Asking to lose your humanity
God are you obnoxious
>>
>>97358408
Ho sorry for my speciesism.
>asking to lose your status of mentally enabled life form.
>>
>>97358179
this. it's what brainlets, whose brains being on or off makes no diffrence, say because they are too stupid to understand why they don't like a movie.
>>
>>97358408
um, that's not an argument, sweetie.
>>
>>97358243
no one says "dude turn your brain off lmao" about movies that don't have internal consistency, though
they say that about movies that aren't melodramatic enough for their tastes
>>
>>97358179
>Spending even 5 seconds thinking about how magic works in the movie beyond "it just does I guess"
And then you'll complain you didn't really understand it, fuck off. Stop spending time trying to figure shit like that out, it'll only make your experience work.
>>
>>97358542
>no one says "dude turn your brain off lmao" about movies that don't have internal consistency
People actually do that a lot.
>>
>>97358179
works for horror too.
It saves a lot of movies. trying to analyze things like Street Trash and Basket Case 3: The Progeny isn't gonna do you any favors so SHUT UP.
>>
>>97358219
t. reylo shill
>>
>world has supernatural events or things that is consistent within the universe
>call out an inconsistency
>"dude it has *well established thing* why are you complaining about *thing that doesn't make sense even in that universe*!"
>>
"turn your brain off" is another way of saying that you enjoyed a movie that wasn't deep in any substantial way at a base level, and there is nothing wrong with that. Only a true pleb is unable to enjoy both smart films and dumb movies.
>>
>>97358179
>"This is unrealistic"
Is not a legitimate criticism for fantasy or comedy
>>
>>97358654
you actually caught me, people nitpick TLJ way too hard. star wars has always been dumb.
>>
>>97358179
If I wanted to turn my brain on, I’d read instead of having a movie do the thinking for me.

Good thing I can still like movies.
>>
>Magic can't do that
>*Dudes Magic does just that
>He's special
When this is one of the most common explanation for anomalies a genre has, you are allowed to turn your brain off.
>>
>>97358778
>people nitpick TLJ way too hard
Yeah people do that with shit movies all the time, TLJ is no exception
>>
>>97358884
correction: people do that to movies they don't like all the time. if you enjoyed the movie, you don't give a shit about plot holes and "consistency". seriously, people were mad about tlj for separate reasons, it's dumb to imagine it was because of muh hyperspace ramming.
>>
>>97358681
No, "turn your brain off" is an excuse used to defend truly shit movies.
I know right because I enjoy what you'd call "dumb" movies, which are just low budget movies but with a soul/heart.
If you look around here, "turn your brain off" is almost exclusively used to defend capeshit.
>>
File: JUSTTURN.png (35 KB, 784x409)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>97358179
>>
>>97359275
>>
>>97358740
So if Rick from the Walking Dead sprouted wings and started flying through the universe it would be ok because the show has Zombies?
>>
>>97358992
>it's dumb to imagine it was because of muh hyperspace ramming
Well if you can enjoy something that relies in a plot hole as wide and retarded as hyperspace ramming is in TLJ, you shouldn't be talking about being dumb
>>
>>97359343
Walking Dead is not fantasy or comedy.
>>
>>97359311
It's essentially the movie form of calling people fascists.
>>
>>97359606
Then replace it with Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones
>>
>>97359606
I'd call it dark fantasy or horror fantasy desu.
>>
>>97359691
The point is, a winged human in Game of Thrones isn't out of place in a fantasy setting. People watch this genre to see shit that wouldn't happen in real life
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>97358592
>they'd be wiped out on an open field
> dude, this is a world were DRAGON and MAGIC exist, stop being a sperg

Any argument like this literally makes me REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>97359940
Yes but in a narrative there has to be some form of consistency, you can't just have random nonsense happen just because it's a fantasy show.
>>
>>97359463
I have an IQ of around 143. You shouldn't talk about being dumb to me.
>>
>>97358791
Books are smarter than movies, you are a fool
>>
>watching GotG 2 with 2 beta brainlets
>laugh at the "suspense", "acting" and CGI diarrhea
>stay dead silent during the quips and dance numbers

You could see the discomfort in their faces. They're 100% used to "enjoying" capeshit the usual way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.