[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hulk.jpg (28 KB, 450x300)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
The MCU disrespects hulk. Ruffalo can never have a serious role, even in avengers 2012 tried, but its easier for him to make fun out of hulk.

Hulk is an excellent character. As a writer, you get to fully explore ANGER. The feeling, the poison of it, the invasion of the mind, the past. Hulk was respected pre-MCU. Bruce Banner was feared, and intimidating. Anger is supposed to be scary.

Can the MCU not even take an emotion like Anger seriously. Ruffalo seems like a privileged ass bruce banner. He just acts himself.

Bruce Banner is a fuckin trainwreck of a human. That Thanos fight was complete bullshit.
Hulk doesn't have a reason to be angry. Ruffalo just becomes hulk because people want him too, and 'im always angry'. Bitch you love black widow.
The anger is not respected. There is literally no anger in the mcu, such an important emotion, and hulk personifies that.

Hulk has so much potential. Bruce could see Romannoff get beaten the shit out off, and that could've been catharsis for Banner, and Hulk comes emerging out.

This hulk sucks ass. 2003 is miles better, and Norton was prime banner. Fuck this basedboy-hulk. Even the theme gave Hulk immense respect, trauma and manliness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s [Embed]

MCU has no manly shit, no anger, or testerone. This is why people call it kiddy.
>>
2003 hulk looked best
most comic style, but somehow felt more real than the others

also 2008 should have been more of a sequel
and we should have an actual third one
>>
>>98635097
Just look at the first two
now the last two

first 2 are actually angry
the last on is s 50yboy getting angry
>>
>>98635097
>Hulk is an excellent character
>>
Fkn quality post m8
>>
File: 4L_LKFBCnw4.jpg (13 KB, 259x195)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>98635097
>2002
>oldfags
I grew up watching pic related you yearlet
>>
>>98635097

hulk is the story of a tormented man, suffering and death in his wake, the inability to trust neither in himself, by the monster that he carries inside that is why he flees, to protect his loved ones, the mentality of Bruce Banner is a jewel in the comics because he and hulk are not friends or anything, it is more they hate to death, and The indredible hulk with Edward Norton captured it perfectly, Anf lee's Hulk did it too, unfortunately only Avengers showed us something of it , AoU I try but only as an excuse for a horrendous romance and sell toys from the hulkbuster, Ragnarok and Infinity war are almost a parody for the character, Betty Ross was erased and Hulk and Banner are already almost partners, I do not blame Ruffalo, I blame entirely to the script and to have considered it as Broce Banner in the cast, since Ruffalo is a comedy actor, he can not act in a serious way and he prefers to act in a parody way
>>
>>98635523
I'm so sorry
>>
>>98635233
>and we should have an actual third one

Not gonna happen because of complex legal rights surrounding the character. Disney is allowed to use Hulk in other films but standalone Hulk films still belong to Paramount I think? Not sure
>>
>>98635097
I hope they incorporate Worldbreaker Hulk in the next Avengers. Otherwise I'll agree with you if they don't.
>>
>>98635617
Disney can make Hulk movies but Paramount gets distribution rights, so they'd get a huge piece of the pie if Disney ever wanted to make one. Or so I've heard.
>>
>>98635523
I for one miss when Hulk was just a pretty big guy.
>>
>>98635598
Why? The old show was great.
>>
>>98635097
10/10 post
>>
>>98635097
Yes. The first Hulk was a lot better than anything new. It was more like Iron Man.
>>
>>98635568
wow I feel like there are some salient points in there but god damn learn to format and fix those atrocious run-on sentences
>>
>>98635097
>This is why people call it kiddy
No, it's because comics are literally for little kids, retard
>boo hooo my favorite comics character isn't respected
Grow up
>>
File: 3059528.jpg (207 KB, 2048x1225)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>98635097
>the ending of the final fight is just hulk screaming with pure anger
i miss him
>>
>>98635617
>>98635678
it's universal
>>
Fart Fuckalo
>>
>>98635964
TAAAAAKEEE IIITT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL
>>
>>98635097
>DUDE DYNAMIC WEATHER EFFECTS ON SKIN
>DUDE ZERO% BODY FAT AND EDWARD NORTON
>DUDE I don't remember Ruffalo's gimmick
>>
>>98635097
What the fuck are you talking about? That 2012 Hulk is the best on-screen portrayal of the green monster so far.

You can feel the tension everytime Banner spoke because you never knew whether he would lose control or not.
>>
>>98635097

A good hulk movie/depiction would never make money. That is precisely why it's never going to happen.

His entire character is about the struggle between the evil and good inside of us and that's too complex of a concept for the average human being to comprehend which would mean decreased viewership and interest.
>>
>>98636045
s-STOP! IT'S TOO MUCH TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK
>>
I thought the new Avengers movie turned the Hulk into a bitch because the director is a Thor fanboy or something.
>>
>>98636148
>A good hulk movie/depiction would never make money. That is precisely why it's never going to happen.

but there are already 2
>>
>>98635097
>Hulk is an excellent character. As a writer, you get to fully explore ANGER. The feeling, the poison of it, the invasion of the mind, the past. Hulk was respected pre-MCU. Bruce Banner was feared, and intimidating
this is why i enjoyed the 2003 version the best. i could forgive it about the dogs cause it handled this well
Banner and Hulk were actually angry people
>>
>>98635097
i still like eric bana as prime banner
>>
>>98636148
>basic evil vs good is somehow a complex concept to these people
This is your brain on capeshit
>>
>>98635097
Yup, 2003 Hulk portrayed the absolute rage and animalistic nature of the Hulk in ways that the future adaptations failed to do. Although Ruffalo was fantastic in the first Avengers, the Hulk went to shit after that.

I especially liked the fight against the Hulked out dogs. That was disturbing and just...guttural.
>>
>>98635523
>50 year old still on 4chan
Get the fuck out and do something meaningful before you die old man
>>
>>98636311
Same. I love Ed Norton but Bana was the best Banner.
>>
The frist hulk looked pretty good imo, the only thing i like about new hulk is the face he looks more like in the comics, the perfect version is the 2002 hulk with the new one face.
>>
I like all the hulks, except for Ed Norton's version.
>>
>>98635568

This kind of makes me wonder if perhaps the Hulk should have been more of Anti Hero type of character instead. Something similar to what they did with Loki but perhaps leaning more towards the villain side. For some reason it just always felt wrong to me that Banner was able to control the Hulk. His Hulk transformation should completely shed any human logic and should be nothing more than a physical manifestation of rage itself.
>>
>>98635097
2003 hulk was amazing
>>
>>98636599
he should be. hulk has been pussied up. Banner is unstable, and should be a hazard for the good guys. You constantly need to fear him.

But no, banner is just a cutie nerd who spills spagetti around blacked widow
>>
>>98635097
you're a fucking retard
Ragnarok FINALLY made Hulk into a proper character with his own personality, separate from Banner
IW had him have his own agenda and refuse to help earth due to them fucking up his sweet celebrity status life on Shakaar
All previous movie & tv incarnations disrespected the character, reducing him to 'durrrr it's banner's angry side HURLK SMURRSSH!!!!!!'
>>
>>98635097
2003 Hulk is best hulk
>>
yepp, the avengers should work with banner , because of his intellect, but should always have problems with his hulk side, like in the first half of avengers
>>
>>98636834
ang lee should be in charge of mcu
>>
>>98635097
>Hulk doesn't have a reason to be angry.
Post a scene where he turns Hulk without a reason.
>>
File: 2003 Hulk.jpg (26 KB, 772x468)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
2003 hulk would never pussy out to thanos in a fist fight
it would be understandable if thanos was forced to use the power stone to win, but he didnt even use it
he just landed a two hits and threw him to the floor
2003 hulk >>> all other versions
there will never be a World War Hulk trilogy with this cast and crew
>>
>>98636148
The real problem with the Hulk is that he's difficult to care about as a character, because the one thing Banner wants to avoid (hulking out) is the one thing that the audience is all waiting and hoping for. If they make a successful Hulk movie then it's probably going to have to be something cosmic like Ragnarok where Hulk and Banner both want to smash.
>>
>>98635097
I'm a huge MCU shill but Ang Lee's Hulk movie was unbridled capekino, literally a deep introspective look at the origins of male violence in childhood truama.
You never really get the impression MCU Banner has any inner problems other than the practical issue that he turns into a monster sometimes and it doesn't even seem to be related to anger just whenever his heart rate elevates too much which is thematically lame. Like every time MCU Banner transforms it's not out of anger ONCE, he either transforms because he's scared (usually from falling a great distance) because he does it on purpose (avengers and age of ultron) or because he's being mind controlled (lokis staff and wanda).
I do enjoy how they treat the actual Hulk once he shows up though, he really seems like a walking WMD everyone pisses their pants just thinking about and if one thing goes wrong dozens of civilians are getting fucked, he's not as child-like and sympathetic behaving as Ang Lee's Hulk.
But yeah I'm hoping for a moment in Avengers 4 where Natasha gets gangbanged by ayys and Ruffalo does his best "going apeshit" performance and Hulk really loses it.
>>
>>98637117
2003 hulk would see his only Thor suffer, and Banner would go up to thanos, and talk like a fuckin chad.

Thanos would talk back, and banner would chad him out, until thanos did something that truly pissed him off. Like killing a mother or son asgardian. Norton/Bana would own that role, til hulk emerged, and uppercutted Thanos like a bitch..

i miss the old hulk
>>
>>98635723
for Lou
>>
2003 had also ourjen
>>
I can understand not liking Ruffalo but the 2008 Hulk is dogshit and you lose all credibility as soon as you imply otherwise.
>>
>>98637175

you just nailed it for me

my favorite fight for me so far out of all them has been iron man vs hulk. it was so awesome how they made it seem like Tony knew he had absolutely no fucking chance at all and was just trying his best to just survive
>>
I feel like Bana's Hulk would have kicked the shit out of Thanos, and Norton's Hulk would have put up a good fight if not have outright won.
>>
File: Hulk_Dogs.jpg (10 KB, 280x157)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>98635097
>2003 is miles better
you are delusional.
>>
>>98636362
The struggle of good vs. evil. Not good vs. evil itself. For reference, what that looks like in the average movie is Luke Skywalker saying "am I gonna have to kill my father?" and then at the end he says "no I guess I don't"
>>
>>98637396
because norton has power
he had creative control over hulk 08
one reason they let him go
>>
File: hulk-series.jpg (32 KB, 570x300)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
MCU Hulk is a fucking joke. Disgusting, repulsive McDonald's cinema. What do these vocal, stunted manchildren of Disney know of Hulk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccD1EWenio
>>
>>98637457
fuck norton. mcafee is way more powerful
>>
File: 420 blaz it fagot.jpg (147 KB, 500x526)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>98635915
sure they are.
>>
File: 1510980578829.jpg (16 KB, 240x193)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>98637469
my life soundtrack
>>
Jekyll and Hyde for children
>>
>>98637604

someone had a bad childhood
>>
File: tSGAu.jpg (58 KB, 636x358)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>98637604
for "children"
>>
>>98635097
Unbiased perspective here:
They all look exactly the fucking same! The differences in their appearance are so minor it's irrelevant.
>>
>>
File: 9f9.png (1.49 MB, 1065x902)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>entire hulk presence in infinity war consisted of Mark Rufallo quipping and being an incompetent moron
>>
>>98637693
>>98637699
Logan...had a hard life
>>
>>98635097
Ruffalo has always been a passive, beta actor, casting him as Bruce Banner was a ridiculous mistake.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGGyidGagA

Hulk 2003 had some great moments
>>
File: 1478787744373.jpg (67 KB, 720x960)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>98635097
>Norton was prime banner.

Is the Edward Norton Hulk worth watching? I havent seen it and I really dont get Banner or the Hulk character
>>
>>98637699
>>98637693

BRUH

dis nigga aint no hero!!!
dis nigga got ice in his muhfuckin veins nigga!! dis nigga ice cold!!!
>>
File: Fleetway SuperSonic.jpg (93 KB, 652x678)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>98637604
>>
The dipshits in this thread who think the 2002 Hulk is somehow capekino need to be mauled to death by those retarded fucking puppies.
From the cringey comic books swipes to the awful performances from Bana and Norte.
It’s just awful.
And fuck you all before ‘muh Marvel shill’
>>
File: Spoiler Image (27 KB, 421x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>98638416
>The dipshits
t.13yo
>>
>>
>>98635097
2003 version has insanely bad CGI, even for the time it was complete shit
>>
>>98637522
Woah such complexity
>>
>>98638457
What do you think I should’ve used you edgy cunt?
>>
>>98635097
>Hulkfags still seething
>>
>>98638569
kek
>>
>>98637604
That's not a good comparison.
1) Jekyll wants to: be and act as Hyde
2) Jekyll chooses to be Hyde.
Jekyll is an asshole, who uses Hyde to hide under a veil of anonymity to indulge in sin, (I guess he was a 4channer in a way uh), but once he is about to find out he kills himself, becuase he can't control himself anymore, like an alcoholic who kills himself because he knows he is dangerous toward others.
>>
>>98638416
They probably arent old to remember it, I remember the messy plot, terrible pacing, lack of action, awful CGI and cinematography, (it did not age well, it looked bad even then), the boring protagonist, Matthew Mccougheney acting like a Bmovie villain.

This is truly contrarian town.
>>
the hulk stopped being a good character the second they did that gay 'lmao the hulk on a rampage never actually killed anyone he good boy dindu nuffin' shit post-WWH with amadeus cho

fuck the hulk and fuck marvel
>>
edward norton is the best hulk

the new hulk sucks
>>
>>98637699
>>98637693
I fucking loved this comic.
>>
>>98637253
>>98637253
This gave me a boner, anon. I'd have loved to see Bana's Banner in the MCU, he would've killed it. He had that absolute chad geneticist "I'm barley in control" vibe going. He could convey that something very bad was going to happen if you didn't fuck off.
>>
>>98637336
It had some cool elements to it. Not a good movie, though.
>>
>>98637428
The CGI has aged poorly, but the hulked-out dogs were disturbing and that fight was pure rage-kino.
>>
File: nuGOW_kratosoy.png (538 KB, 700x393)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
think i'm seeing a pattern here
>>
>>98635097
Yes they ruined him-I think he’ll get the infinity jobber and use it to split Hulk from BB and we’ll see the old school Hulk back.
>>
>>98637699
Can we talk about Ultimate Hulk being able to break an adamantium spine?
>>
>>98635523
Best Hulk remember watching in footy pajamas
>>
>>98635097
>2003 Hulk was the right power level but looked like Shrek
>2008 Hulk was TV Show Power Level but looked the best
>2012 Hulk was at the right power level and looked good
>2018 Hulk is a fucking pussy who got whipped left and right between Ragnarok and IW

I want Worldbreaker Hulk or The Maestro after this shitshow.
>>
>>98636451
Too late ;_;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv9R1She5A
>>
How much dramatic potential can you really get out of "man gets angry, punches things really hard"? They've already done about as much as you can possibly do with the character.
>>
>>98640231
Fuck that millennial faggot, TV Hulk was the best Hulk.
>>
>>98640240
A lot, if you focus on Banner and his depression of being forever alive because Hulk won't let him kill himself. Living with the death of thousands of innocent collateral damage lives of his rage.
>>
>>98637175
Banner is supposed to be a onions boy where you’re waiting for Hulk to take care of business
>>
>>98635097
Why does 2012 hulk look like he has fetal alcohol syndrome?
>>
File: 2017-06-13 04.21.00.jpg (16 KB, 399x399)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>98638416
>>98639203
Truthfully, I love the Ang Lee Hulk movie. People always bring up the dogs, but that scene was awesome. Hulk punched dogs in the nuts, bit them back, beat one with a tree trunk, broke ones jaw by flexing a muscle and literally punched them to dust. You won't see that in any new Hulk movie.

The story was more about Banner and his dad then Hulk destroying stuff. Hulk wasn't in the movie very much, but he had more screen time then Infinity Wars Hulk. When he was on screen he absolutely destroyed everything in his way. Ang Lee's Hulk was the best Hulk we've seen on screen

Also, Matthew Mccougheney? What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>98635097
MCU Hulk is the most comic accurate Hulk we've ever had asshole.
>>
>>98635568
>Betty Ross was erased
Good, apart from Natalie Portman she was the most useless bitch in the MCU
>>
>>98635097
Hulk is shit now, because he can be controlled, and because he has some shitty-ass personality and so on.
In previous movies Hulk was pure concentrated energy of rage that cannot be controlled at all. And it was cool.
Fuck basedhulk!
>>
>>98640415
>>
>>98640455
They won’t let him be like he was because of toxic masculinity
>>
>>98640374
>be a movie called Hulk
Is actually about two hours of ‘muh dad’ melodrama and awful direction
>>
>>98640132
except he didn't tho
>>
>>98640374
I am sorry, I mean the guy with the broken neck here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmG-UmiY0vQ
I dont know why my mind overwrote the memory.

I felt that the movie was unfocused, it had a poor, confusing edit, seems like Ang Lee thought he could inject comic style into the movie, but movies are not comics, they are not filmed theatre, they are not videogames, they have their own voice, this movie feels disrespectful toward the medium.
>>
>>98635097
I prefer the theme "the lonely man" from the incredible hulk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjS_g3Syhu8
Good shit I tell you
>>
>>98640712
I think he tried that for the comic readers. I don't think it's that bad, it does give the movie its own style.
>>
>>98640660
That's every Hulk media were he is the star.
>>
>>98640712
look at that anger...makes me feel cathartic like a tarantino flick

hulk just feels like an angry superman
>>
>>98640712
i love it

you cant make me think otherwise normies. the comic book style is fuckin great, and the transition is some innovative kino. im enthralled
>>
>>98640712
Holy fuck, I completely forgot how bad the stylistic choices were.
>>
File: QUALITY.png (806 KB, 855x429)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>98641027
Sin City, Dick Tracy, Raimi's Spiderman, Tim Burton's Batman, they did it much better.

>>98641166
I have seen youtube videos with CGI more convincing than this, but maybe the fact that is intentional makes it worse.
>>
>>98641303
Yeah, but you can't really get mad at a guy for trying to please the original content customers. It just came out looking a little silly. But again, I didn't mind it as much as other people.
>>
>>98638570
rewatched it recently and it has good cgi
they went for a comic looking hulk and achieved it
>>
>>98635097
SAVEGE HULK against World WHEN?
>>
>>98641638
The Ang Lee Hulk was fucking huge. He was like 15 feet tall. The angrier he got, the bigger he got. I loved it.
>>
Anyone else think Hulk is tired of Bruce bringing him out on command and wants to be able to let loose by himself not being held back by banner? That's my theory anyway
>>
>>98640544
mcu betty would be liv tyler or someone new though
>>
MAESTRO WHEN
>>
>>98641802
yeah this shit voids the whole hulk premise
now he just has a cool superpower
>>
>>98635097
By now it should be Hulk 24/7 with scenes inside his "mind" in which Ruffalo is in a pitch black room talking to him. Maybe chained down. Could be an opportunity to show Ruffalos acting.
>>
The MCU Hulk is not Hulk is just a shitty ogre
The Real Hulk was in the 2008

I dont understand why MCU faggots like the new Hulk Kid Friendly
>>
>>98636742
>blacked widow
Kekerino
>>
>>98640415
>Liv Tyler
>useless

you are a cuck
>>
>>98642373
What are you talking about? He’s a comic book character.
From the start he was design for kids.
>>
>Thor Ragnorak:
Hulk literally beats the shit out of a giant fucking wolf demon and giant fire god

>Avengers IW:
>Whaa Hulk Scared :(
>>
>>98637352
But Tony won.
>>
>>98642924
But that is the point. He smacks the shit out of everything, until Thanos.
Who is just as strong, but with better technique and it freaks Hulk out.
>>
Outta the way, best hulk coming through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDB-KH7yPY&t=4s
>>
MCU Bruce Banner has had the Anti-Thor character arc. He's a fucking joke and to hear that Ruffalo wanted to play Bruce up even stupider but the Russo's had to stop him?! Fucking hell, recast him already. Doesn't he have protests to virtue signal at anyway?
>>
>>98636834
how is it that I was the only one who enjoyed the 2003 Hulk the most? Everywhere I went, reviews of it were poor and people said it was gay. Now at 4chan, I see people actually agreeing with me. It is wonderful. Hulk is my favorite comic book character.
>>
>>98642924
Everyone has to job sometimes, Hulk was the necessary victim to get Thanos over with the crowd
>>
>>98643455
We all know we are going to get Worldbreaker next film.
>>
>>98643319
Because there are some here who are are contrarian fags.
Something is universally panned, here it’s ‘oh it must be kino’.
See BvS and the rampant Snyder fanboys who infest those threads for the best example.
It’s great you found something to enjoy in something in it, but that doesn’t change the fact that it is shit.
>>
>>98643535
judging from this thread, and others before it, you are the contrarian
>>
>>98643532
Universal will do everything in their power to not let Hulk get a movie and in an Avengers film, Hulk won't be able to get any meaningful screentime to pull that off as deserved. Disney needs to shovel some cash into the fire and buy the distribution rights so we can get World War Hulk (202X). It'll be like how Civil War was a stealth Avengers movie despite having Cap's name on it.
>>
>>98643617
Like Ragnarok, we won't get the full story line. But we can get his power level. All we need is someone he cares about to get dusted in front of him and he can go to town on Thanos.
>>
>>98643582
The most popular opinion on Ang Lee’s Hulk is that it was shit.
You can’t be contrarian if you have the majority opinion.
>>
>>98643535
I may need to give it a rewatch. It has been a decade since then and I must see if I still like it.
>>
>>98643617
Universal should make full on rage Hulk with Sony’s Spider-Man
>>
>>98643617
Ruffalo said in an interview, that a Hulk movie isn’t happening, so the have chosen to tell his story arc through Ragnarok and Avengers 3&4
>>
>>98643008
Idk if you were able to take on Surtur and Fernir with ease, and then came up against some alien dude who just fucked you up without any sweat broke I'm sure you'd be scared too once you realized this guy ain't nothing to fuck with.
>>
>>98643657
>>98643718
If they're making Blacked Widow, they need to make fucking a Hulk solo film. Reeee fuck Mark Ruffalo for being so low energy that no one gives a shit about the character, and that fag has the nerve to blame Universal when Universal would be on board if they knew the movie wouldn't make -$$ because Ruffalo Banner is shit. If he cared as much as he tried to portray in that interview of him spazzing, he'd bow out after the next movie.
I want Matthew Gray Gubler for Banner next. Could be gud.
>>
2002 hulk still looks like shrek fite me
>>
>>98643865
>hulk needs to be attractive
>>
>>98643882
i'm talking about the quality of the cgi my dude
>>
>>98640336
Yeah but the catch is you can't make it rated R.
>>
>>98635097

As a HulkFag

I thiroughly enjoy RuffaloHulk, but the nore i see what mcu is doing to the character

The more respect i have for AngLeeHulk.
His hulk was grounded, gritty, and even had deep phycological aspects

Also Norton Hulk is still my have, fit the Banner Split personality and intellect very well...u can beleive he's an Nerdy Autist that only Betty could love
>>
>>98635568
Jesus, use a period once in a while.
>>
absolute kinographie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCz3kjOeN4
>>
>>98643832
>I want Matthew Gray Gubler for Banner next. Could be gud.
I have never seen him in anything other than Criminal Minds, I have no idea how good of an actor, is funny.
>>
Ruffalo's bored & awkward Banner shtick is fucking tiresome.
>>
>>98637117
>it would be understandable if thanos was forced to use the power stone to win, but he didnt even use it

I assumed having the power stone passively increases his strength. Otherwise how could he beat hulk?
>>
>>98637699
How the fuck do you even read this?
>>
>>98644245

Ditto,

Pretty sure those 2 punches were powered up by the stone
>>
>>98637693
violence != for adults
the stories, ideas, resolutions are all for children
>>
>>98635568
>Ruffalo is a comedy actor
See Zodiac.
>>
>>98635097
Absolute AGREE. 2003 Hulk kicked ass
>>
>>98635097
felt this way since 2008
>>
The reality is that the SJW's that run Disney see the hulk character as toxic masculinity, so they've emasculated the character to the point of being there to be comic-relief and to job to villains like in the case of Thanos. If we do not see the true Hulk in Avengers 4, we never will.
>>
>>98643931
there were like 50000 layers on hulk. it was very advanced back then. There was a whole section on the bonus dvd on it.
>>
>>98635568
>Ruffalo is a comedy actor
he's not funny though?
>>
File: Hehe.jpg (77 KB, 600x536)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>98635097
Imagine being such a weeny and you get upset over silly hero movies to exploring the complexities of emotion. The comic books never took themselves any more seriously than do the current movies.
>>
>>98644245
>Otherwise how could he beat hulk?
Thanos is ridiculously powerful even without the stones. And while Hulk is also ridiculously powerful, his power basically starts at 0 and builds up, so he is never at full strength in the early stages of a fight.
>>
>>98635523
Kino theme tune
>>
>>98645220
The reality is that Hulk is just too powerful. That's why they have to find ways to minimise his involvement and keep him out of the action as long a possible.
>>
>>98640231
tell us how you are on 4chan oldoldfag anon
>>
>>98644088
honestly it is. i love the comic edit, i get to see 2 different dynamic, even 3, dynamic shots at once. Police men up on roof, running towards the street, and then a photoshop outline of the hulks reaction

its amazing. i love it. ang lee is a fuckin visionary and respected the comic form and its beauty
>>
Hulk needs a redemption arc in avengers 4
>>
File: My-N-word.jpg (23 KB, 680x447)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>98636311
>>98636453
Yeah, Norton was pretty great but with Eric, you could tell his Banner has anger issues just under the surface and even without the Hulk making him angry was a very bad idea.
>>
>>98638123
Nah, but the villain has the super soldier serum, and has coolest moves than Cap... Then Hulk wrecks his shit.
>>
>>98639208
Just pretend that never happened like I do.
>>
>>98637522
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>98638301
Fleetway > Archie
>>
>>98644477
Yes. ALL comics are for children.
I remember that whole Sandman arc about Shakespeare being all the rage with the kids.
>>
>>98635097
Banner doesn't feel like a man dealing with a monster or his inner turmoil now it's "Hey guys it's wacky Bruce!"

I guess you can't really do the traditional Hulk story when he has to team up with the Avengers all the time
>>
>>98637522
>weed
>the preteens drug of choice

lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>Banner
2012 > 2003 > 2008
>Hulk
2012 > 2008 >>>>>>> 2003
>>
>>98638301
>>98646758
Super Sonic being an uncontrollable monster is much better than the get out of jail free card he was in fleetway
>>
File: 93c.gif (3.03 MB, 640x268)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB GIF
>>98642714
>>
>>98640712
I don't know. I think the scene you posted came off as really goofy and at odds with the rest of the movie, but the movie also has scenes like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLcHSiYaNZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53MmVvjoaY
It's definitely not a perfect movie but the Nick Nolte performance and Ang Lee's unique approach make it work, despite the problems.
>>
File: best hulk.jpg (170 KB, 601x329)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>98635233
me on the left
>>
I saw the 2008 film for the first time.

It was way more disjointed/poorly acted than anything else in the MCU, not to mention cheap. I'm not surprised they didn't bring Norton back after that.
>>
>>98637495
underrated. Have a (You) on the house, friend.
>>
>>98647482
>It was way more disjointed/poorly acted than anything else in the MCU
HA! Thor 2 exists
>>
>>98647482
ok disney
>>
>>98647305

I like Paul Souza
>>
>>98635097
08 Hulk sucks ass
>>
>>98647482
Norton didnt come back because he didn't want to come back. He mentioned he was interested in being Bruce Banner, but he wouldn't join a franchise.

Why would an actual kino actor, who acts because its art, let himself become a Hulk typecast for kiddies worldwide?
>>
>>98647548
Ah fuck, you're right

Legit one of the worst movies I've seen in the cinema
>>
>>98640580
The ironic thing is the Hulk is a pretty good model for the whole "toxic masculinity" meme, as you could argue that Hulk embodies the more negative traits of masculinity. Though perhaps that mirrors the narrative of reality too much in that Bruce Banner is basically just a good man content to stick to his own thing being hounded to death by a bunch of incompetent assholes who he's politely asked not to poke him yet they do so anyway, then cry about the exact thing they were warned about and declare him a danger to be eradicated.
>>
>>98647609
because it's easy money
>>
>>98635097

He will be in the next Avengers. I don't remember him getting dusted. He was having his little PTSD thing with Thanos kicking his ass. They'll probably do the thing where Hulk wants to do his own thing and Banner dies. He's the think keeping Hulk back. So yeah he'll die but then Hulk will be unleashed and basically assrape Thanos infinity stones or no. He's basically the most OP thing in the Marvel universe.
>>
>>98647680
I literally cannot remember a single thing that the villain said or wanted. Was it destroying the universe or what?
>>
>>98647482
about an hour of footage was missing from that film
scenes like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVi-AJ2pBL0

norton and leterrier reportedly clashed over the final cut
>>
>>98647482

I agree. At the time though it was good for a capeshit film. We didn't have much good precedence for good superhero shit outside of Batman. A decent step forward. Iron Man was like lightning in a bottle though. Damn good. Back when capeshit was on a budget.
>>
File: smugohcomeone.gif (2.32 MB, 320x240)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB GIF
>>98647789
>King Thor
>>
>>98647901
>We didn't have much good precedence for good superhero shit outside of Batman
Superman I and II still hold up even though the effects are really dated
>>
>>98635097
2012 just looks autistic, literally
>>
>>98635523
here you go, absolute kino and cgi is almost better than infinity wars, really makes you think what are they doing over at marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbsvavno8I
>>
File: sad_thanos.jpg (124 KB, 1535x732)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>98647839
I miss this banner.
>>
>>98647890
x100,000 interesting than ruffalo

amazing how all it takes is a little acting to make a character interesting
>>
>>98647957

True but I'm talking more this last decade or so.

>>98647839

The main thing I remember him saying was "all things in balance, as they should be" to Gamora when giving her the knife and the whole scene where he sacrifices her for the stone. Better than any other capeshit villain in recent memory. Ultron was nothing but: Quips the Bad Guy. Granted he's based on Stark but still.
>>
>>98648003
Holy fucking shit one guy made that? WTF!? What the ACTUAL FUCK
>>
>>98648003
This hulk actually looks strong, the mark ruffalo version looks too rubbery, why dont they do it like this? Are they not allowed to show pure strength anymore? The 2008 hulk and this one are exactly what i want
>>
>>98648143
>>98648038
I was talking to a guy about Thor 2. I meant the villain in that film
>>
>>98636148
>TFW the goose as hulk
>>
>>98648402
i was talking to the guy who posted the pizza 2008 scene
>>
>>98638123
Norton was a better Hulk than Ruffalo. It isn't a particularly good movie, but there were some decent parts. Good fight scenes.
>>
>>98648910
it was fucking brilliant and the relationship with bett y was great, hang where the fuck is betty in the marvel films?
>>
>>98649047
No room for anymore Hulk plot because the film was a flop
>>
>>98640580
Hulk literally represents toxic masculinity. People hear "masculinity" and think the phrase is implying that masculinity is bad. It isn't. It's saying that societal expectations of males, specifically in regards to aggression and showing emotions, can be harmful to men who don't act in certain ways. The whole "boys don't cry" thing.
>>
>>98635617
>>98635678
Universal owns Hulk

I think Hulk 2008 movie also has Universal logos
>>
File: 1498169793782.jpg (33 KB, 592x592)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>98648402

There was a villain in that film? Fuck me if I remember it.
>>
>>98649375

They do. There will never be a standalone Hulk film again because unlike Sony who are desperate Universal/Comcast are just asshole enough to never allow another one without insane profit requests.
>>
>>98649437
Disney has the production rights.
Only they can decide to do another one, but won't because Universal would get money from that.
>>
>>98649512
interestingly the distribution rights do not seem to expire in this case
>>
>>98649437
>>98649512
>>98649583
I think Universal had them long before MCU and could do movie, as long as it's not MCU.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 480x400)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
> comic films
>>
>>98635964
>>98636045
Chills down my spine every single time.
>>
>>98649724
they gave the rights back in 2008 in exchange for life long distribution rights, which wasn't a problem for marvel before disney
>>
>>98638083
Best dialogue you'll ever find in any capeshit flick.
>>
File: MDE WHYPZ.jpg (912 KB, 1920x1080)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
>>98647586
>>
>>98648402
>>98649380
Wasn't the villain one of the doctors from Doctor Who? The 9th one
>>
>>98635523
My God that's so pathetic. My sympathies.
>>
>>98635097
Ruffalo is doing a good job. Fuck you with you depth interpretation.
>>
>>98635097
2003 Hulk and Batman Returns are the only kino superhero movies ever made. Good post OP, faggot or not.
>>
>>98645220
It's literally Mark Ruffalo who has been sabotaging Hulk because "dude lmao Bruce shud b dum like him lol." Fuck him.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (587 KB, 268x148)
587 KB
587 KB GIF
>>98635097
>>
>>98635655
They do that, Hulk gets decked because he's slow as a tree, and the MCU isn't the shitshow level of bad that comics are, then will you faggots stop complaining?
>>
File: hulkbtfo.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x498)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
Why is MCU hulk such a pussy?
>>
>>98649172
That was my point-only onions hero boys allowed
>>
>>98640712

Nick Nolte's scene in that movie is more emotionally potent than anything in the MCU
>>
>>98636169
Would that make Whedon a Hulk fanboy? Cause Thor was awful in the first two Avengers, and Hulk stands out in the first one at Thor's expenses.
>>
>>98636245
And both together made less money than 18 out of 20 MCU movies.
>>
I far prefer shredded green Hulk from 2008 to strongfat yellowish ape Hulk we’ve gotten lately. Also wish it were someone other than Ruffalo with a voice modulator doing the voice. He sounds horrible. The Ferrigno “Hulk smash” was great.
>>
>>98654085
If they don’t want him to talk much save for a few words, Ferrigno is a no-brainer. If they want him to really verbalize, get Fred Tatasciore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ4j_J3VStk
>>
>>98647901
>We didn't have much good precedence for good superhero shit
and we do now? lmao retard
>>
Hulk sucks, give us Joe Fixit.
>>
>>98654085
>>98654207
I just really want to see a good hulk smash or thunderclap in the new movie. Old one was good but the smash felt weak. Gimme one that causes an earthquake and splits the ground for miles
>>
>>98635097
Hulk 2003 is genuinely one of my favorite superhero movies, it's extremely underrated
2008 isn't that bad, but has less action, works best as a sequel too
Ruffalo was always fine in my book, but the past 2 showings are garbage as they make hims a fuckign idiot
>>
File: Patch and Joe Fixit.png (917 KB, 1600x1280)
917 KB
917 KB PNG
>>98654401
Seriously, this is the future for the Hulk as a character. Green punchy monster won't keep people interested. Grey gangster monster on the other hand will.
Come on guys. Make it happen Marvel.
>>
>>98635097
Don't blame Marvel/Disney, blame Universal. Norton wanted to actually do another Hulk.
>>
>>98654246
>It's popular so it's bad.

Stay contrarian, kid.
>>
>CTRK+F Jennifer Connelly
>0/0

WTF people??
>>
>>98657022
Green eyes sure a nice.
>>
>>98635097
Bana played the part best. lot more subdued and less confident, and his timidness worked really well. Norton the kind of guy to light his own farts and try to monetize his own shit.
>>
>"oldfags"
>doesn't even mention the 1978 series
>>
>>98651995
Having Thanos beat down the Hulk and win a fist fight with him was a pretty cool show of power but the whole too pussy to come back out thing is bullshit.

Rage monster don't work that way, clearly written by a woman.
>>
>>98636140
>That 2012 Hulk is the best on-screen portrayal of the green monster so far.
Has to be bait
>>
>>98636834
This. Disturbed me as a kid how the father was making his son be an experiment
>>
File: images (44).jpg (17 KB, 306x364)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>"BUT THE 2003 ONE DIDNT HAVE HIM FIGHT A GIANT MONSTER OR ALIEN"
If this is the reason normies give for not liking it...

Cinema anyway has turned to shit where we cant have drama without humor and over top shit.

My friend said he liked Jurassic World over JP 3 and that fucking angered me because JP 3 was down and gritty and I dont get why that gets hate. JW was so dumb with the Marvel formula
>>
>>98658374
The kid spazzing out with the toys scared me more than the lizards exploding and the dogs
>>
>>98658429
>"BUT THE 2003 ONE DIDNT HAVE HIM FIGHT A GIANT MONSTER OR ALIEN"
It did though.
>JW was so dumb with the Marvel formula
But it was just a rehash of Jurassic Park, what does Marvel have to do with anything?
>>
>>98635097
hulk is just a modern day dr.jekyll mr.hyde story.
Ruffalo is the best.
He is quirky, trying to always be as mellow as possible, and a nervous wreck that is socially awkward for obvious reasons and meshes well for the tone of the universe and is a better contrast to his green counterpart.
Bana and norton are boring and don't add anything memorable to their parts and lack almost all humanity, there is almost no difference between their banner and hulk. Hell you can't even buy them as men of science.
>>
>>98635598
Literally the best hulk
>>
>>98637117
hulk wasn't scared, he was annoyed of getting his ass kicked because of "his" or rather banner's friend, he's tired of being used.
>>
>>98658286
it was not fear, it was a damage to his pride and tired of being used by banner and his friends. If it was fear than he would have no reason to not beat the shit out of thanos's kids.
>>
>>98635097
I think they're going down the path of banner and hulk being two separate entities in the same body. I feel like hulks main source of anger is the fact that he is basically used by banner all the time and doesn't feel respected like everyone else (being why he enjoyed sakarr so much). As long as they don't push out a solo film dealing with hulks anger (a prequel maybe?) it'll always be the same shitty 2012+ "im always angry" version
>>
>>98658723
Except you can tell the emotion is fear when he tries to force the hulk out and he squeals "NOOO!!" in the most sulky beta bitch way possible before banner goes "what'ya mean no?!"
>>
>>98651995
so since Heimdall did his little magic glowy thing, this was supposed to mean Thanos actually killed Hulk?
>>
>>98659120
he was yelling no anon, it sounded more like a whiny child than a scared kid,
>>
>>98657022
Why does she has 1 expression throughout the entire movie?
>>
anyone have that hulk parody comic where he rapes all the xmen

wolvy calls him bub as hulk sucks him off
>>
File: 1518746504982.jpg (42 KB, 511x493)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>98660735
Everyday I think I've seen it all

And everyday I am wrong
>>
>>98635097
Been a Hulk fan for 30 years (FUCK) and I say he's never been better than he was in the last Thor flick. It was the Hulk I've wanted to see on screen my whole life.
>>
>>98635097
who gives a shit. just go re-read your favorite hulk comic stories
>>
>>98635097
OP, Hulk is my favorite Marvel character. I love Ang Lee's movie and the 2008 MCU reboot for different reasons. HULK was, surreal, esoteric and the most "comic book" movie made since the original Creepshow. I think it's a visual masterpiece on par with Speed racer which is hugely underrated as far as popcorn flicks go.

But I also love The Incredible Hulk because it's a straight up three act monster flick that does exactly what it needs to and does it reasonably well. Sometimes a solid, well made movie is enough for me and TIH hits that spot.

I think both movies compliment each other nicely.

But it's too bad that Marvel couldn't have worked out a deal with universal to do another one off movie and develop the character. Planet Hulk would have been ideal. Instead he can only be used in team up films and gets little or no characterization.

Wouldn't it have been more interesting if, in Thor: Ragnarok, that Hulk had become King of Sakaar and was the one who brought about gladiatorial combat? What if Hulk had gone fascist? Thor's quest would be to get him to change back into Banner because Hulk is too strong at this point.

It would have also been interesting if Hulk had developed intellectually. The whole "mindless brute" aspect of him is old. How about treating him as if he was infantile because his mind hadn't developed and was going through the Hulk equivalent of the terrible two's. But after two years of being hulk he was now a genius and spoke with calm elegance with his rage coming out every soo often?!?FACT!!!
>>
>>98635568
Mike Raffelo as Broce Banner in .... THE HALK
>>
>>98663469
I love that line in the Revengers when Sargent Star was telling all the Revengers what to do and after he told Dark Spider to stay on the ground, he said "..and Halk? SQUISH!"
>>
i like how they finally weaponized hulk-tech and it wasn't a huge deal at all. two red hulks. that's it. banner's whole 'you'll never git yer hands on me lucky charms' shtick just doesn't hold water in 2018.
>>
>>98645785
>The comic books never took themselves any more seriously than do the current movies.
This. It's literally a big man who punches other men, who's only green because of typography defect.
The comic books are literally him punching dudes with stuff like "SWOOSH" written next to it.
>>
>>98635097
2012 looks like he's painfully trying to push out a large log
>>
File: TSTBaQ7.jpg (98 KB, 1462x2046)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>98635097
>hurr, why does Marvel shit all over my favorite children's superhero
Your dumb and you deserve to have your childhood hobbies ruined, and pay for the privilege of watching it.
>>
>>98635097
Nu-Hulk a shit. Norton was better and Bana was even better than that. Also, Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't anybody's bitch. Dude truly felt unstoppable.
>>
>>98635097
Who the fuck cares about invincible green monster who can destroy planets? He’s flanderized piece of shit
>oh look Hulk is angry! He can do whatever the fuck he wants!
>>
>>98638123
I loved it. Fun movie.
>>
>>98651995
cause thanos is the final boss
if hulk smashed him to a pulp you'd ask why thanos is such a pussy
>>
>>98644351
With the basedboy "WOOO AWESOOOOME" face.
>>
File: 1525527564390.jpg (606 KB, 1024x1024)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>98636742
THAT DOESN'T SOUND FUN THOUGH
>>
>>98638416
>Norte
I unironically believe there are weebs so far gone on here that they would use this.
>>
>>98638569
Does anyone here have that comic where the Hulk passive aggressively lectures the main villain about burning down a gay bar like the biggest basedboy on the planet?
>>
>>98658429
Well Jurassic Park 3 is pretty shit. I mean it was written on the fly for fuck sake, but I agree it was much better than World purely because it had actually characters as opposed to the charisma voids of World. World is a prime example of trying to ape the success of something without getting what made it great in the first place.
>>
File: mhm.jpg (27 KB, 393x317)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I'm still hoping that Hulk gets to finally show how pissed off he can get in the next one.

Hulk would be getting angrier and angrier and Thanos just still would keep slapping him away. Then Thanos drives him over the edge by killing or wounding someone like Black Widow and the rage... ascends. Cue the rage induced beatdown of the century, which still starts out as Hulk struggling but he starts to become much more stronger with every hit Thanos lands.
>>
>>98666482
fanático de la maravilla...
>>
>>98646328
Not him but I'm 45 and have been here since 2008.

There is nothing in life worth striving for so just relax, sit back, become a neet and watch the World burn.
>>
>>98635097
Hulk is shit

Capeshit sucks

Grow up and watch a proper show like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
>>
I really wouldn't mind seeing a version of Banner like in one of the comic arcs from a few years ago. He was depowered, there were a bunch of other hulks running around and the world was out to get him for whatever contrived reason. Everyone expected to be able to take him down easy but he was practically as dangerous as if he did have his powers since he was using superhero science and trickery. They really showed the resentment that had been building up in Banner after all the years of mistreatment.

If they did a movie like that, I'd be pretty happy. Obviously he'd need to still have his powers at the start and end, since audiences need/want to see hulk fights. Could even give it a bad end with Banner regaining hulk powers but able to keep his brain, and he still hates everyone, ready for WWHulk.

Could even use it as a way to introduce She-Hulk
>>
Speaking of anger, are we ever gonna get to see a bloodlusted Thor?
>>
>>98667549
Is that a thing?
>>
>>98640374
>and literally punched them to dust.
why are you talking like this is badass, them turning to dust was fucking ridiculous
>>
File: IMG_0666.jpg (25 KB, 209x313)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>98667124
That's one of the gayest things I've ever read
>>
>>98635097
if you're over 12 and you wrote this, you should kill yourself
>>
Norton Hulk best Hulk, fite me.
>>
>>98644351
Well from memory you read the first issue then the second then wait a year and a half for the rest.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.