[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: kevinfeigefeminist.png (353 KB, 641x672)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/kevin-feige-secrets-marvel-universe-produced-by-conference-1201973150/

>MCU going the route of Lucasfilm
>Never ever they said.
>>
You can just ignore the diversity movies if you don't care for them.

If the Avengers suddenly becomes mostly black and female, I'll stop watching, but I highly doubt this will happen.

MCU is already mostly white and male, so saying they will add more diversity characters is just to get the SJW's off their backs. With the exception of Spiderman, no one feels that the diversity in the rest of the MCU is forced. But as far as Spiderman goes, it does make more sense for there to be diversity considering that's how New York actually is, unlike in Raimi's original trilogy.
>>
>>99841504
I think all media will go this route and it will be known as the dark ages of entertainment in the future. Better stock up on classic stuff to hold you over.
>>
>>99841154
Let it burn. It's fine. Let this whole pile of shit burn
>>
File: white people.webm (2.81 MB, 640x360)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>99841154
based Feige triggering pinkdicks
>>
File: 1499607209872.jpg (962 KB, 1680x1680)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>99841154
I can't say we weren't warned.
>>
File: snap.png (554 KB, 592x537)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>99841736
>>
>>99841504
> But as far as Spiderman goes, it does make more sense for there to be diversity considering that's how New York actually is, unlike in Raimi's original trilogy.
But it makes sense to have non Nordic people in Asgard? It was as stricly Norse religion and culture. If we are going for accurate racial representation, how is that not forced?
>>
File: 4843838393.jpg (57 KB, 736x952)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>99841800
I unironically just want a Kamla Kahn film.
>>
>>99841504
I agree. Heimdall or Valkery being black was for me "its not like history/myths were, but i understand they wanted these actors". But Spiderman didnt worked for me, Flashs actor was wrong, he wasnt really the highschool football star bully. He was more the sleazy insulting bully.

And as far as i see, the MCU diversity is something that works for me. I dont care that they make a Carol Ms Marvel, but that the actress choice dont fit, so she has to do a big time acting to redeem her casting!
>>
>>99841736
By the time this is all over, comics will be either worthless and irrelevant or all dust.
>>
>>99841800
>thor kissing nigger
absolute state of whitoids
>>
>>99841800
Unironnical, half of these are good, the other half are good concepts but with poor execution, plots and introductions.
>>
>>99841875
Kek it's impossible to tell reality front satire.
>>
If I catch a whif of th trying to go full sjw like the current comics Ill just stop watching but I doubt it will happen. Black Panther for example had none of the sjw shit all the pre movie shilling suggested
>>
>>99841800
Why do you knobs always include Gwenpool in these? It doesn't do your argument any favours.
>>
>>99841154
Aside from BP and Homecoming. MCU diversity is generally just tokenism and "oh yeah that character is totally a gag, even though it's never said in the film". They know how to court these blogs and they know how to court audiences. Anyone who thinks anything radical is changing any time soon is stupid.
>>
>>99841917
As if anyone actually reads these.
>>
>>99841154
>more women, more diversity and more sequels
The three horsemen of the movie apocalypse
>>
>>99841936
Ten or 15 years ago there would have never been a non white "MJ". There would have never been a non white Hemidall or Valkerie. There would have never been non white people in the city of the Norse religion. There already HAS been radical changes, and will continue to be in the future. This is reality, why is it so hard for you to accept it?
If you don't care about diversity, just say you don't care.
>>
>>99841966
We had a good run.
>>
well seeing that black panther was a huge sucess and did better than the tentpole movie that was planned years on end before it im not surprised
>>
>>99841837
It doesn´t if you try to portray the real asgard as it is in the myths. This isn´t it. This is marvels magical-space kingdom version.
>>
>>99842300
Why did you reply to my post if you aren't going to properly read it and the context? The poster I replied to said that diversity in the universe was not forced, and that they were fine with the diversity in Spiderman because it accurately portrays New York. If accuracy is their determinant for what is and isn't forced, then the diversity in Asgard is certainly forced because none of the citizens or heroes would be anything but Norse.
>>
>>99841154
They all ready did, with Ragnarok and Black Panther
Those movies should have been an indication where MCU is going and the trend that Captain Marvel will continue
>>
>>99842300
And when someone brings up Wakanda, you claim Wakanda is a isolationist ethnostate, but never bring an argument for why it has to be that way and like Asgard can't be devisrified like Asgard when adapted to the big screen
We all know your real agenda
>>
>>99841154
NOOOOOOOOO YOU WERE THE CHOSE ONE FEIGE
>>
File: 1528319585491.jpg (456 KB, 1280x1968)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>99841933
Because she got BLACKED
>>
>and they ask me why I don't watch capeshit
>Or don't pay for anything ovned by Disney
>>
>>99843104
And you answer because of women and niggers and they you accompany that with some epic gangweed meme on your timeline?
>>
>>99841154
Good.

Let them self-immolate
>>
>>99841875
I can't tell if this is actually story art or someone lampooning diversity comics.
>>
>>99843217
>and they you
it’s so angry it can’t even type correctly
>>
>>99841966
All the comic living soibois buying up the MCU tickets now to fund the future destruction of the franchise through SJW propaganda films.

And that's why you don't pay to see movies made by the Mouse.
>>
>>99843314
I h-haven't slept! Also I'm just kidding anon, don't be edgy.
>>
>>99843317
>All the comic living soibois buying up the MCU tickets now to fund the future destruction of the franchise through SJW propaganda films.
>And that's why you don't pay to see movies made by the Mouse.

If you are seriously paying for entertainment instead of just taking it, then you have lost control over your life a long time ago
>>
>>99843217
you know it, brother!
>>
>>99841837
Thor Ragnarok isn't going for accurate representation of anything
>>
I mean it was pretty obvious they killed off Penis Parker so they could replace him with black spider man. I was a bit surprised they killed off T'Challa, but he was kind of the lamest part of black panther. Maybe they'll have the ape clan leader replace him. That would be cool.
>>
>>99842295
Jokes on them, because Americans rallying around "pro-Black" media is actually "a thing" and has been for decades. Rallying around a Muslim teen girl hero? Not a thing. Rallying around a female Iron Man? Not a thing.

It's a good strategy for the MCU to pursue diversity, though. Everyone knows that we're at peak capeshit now and that it HAS to be all downhill after Avengers 4.
Infusing SJW stuff at that point will make sure everyone's either of two mindsets:
>MCU sucks now BECUSSA DIVERSITY!
>MCU is great, BETTER THAN EVER, BECUSSA DIVERSITY!

The media will work overtime to help out the post-Avengers 4 movies due to diversity. Otherwise even the media hypers would be like "Yeah we're kinda over superheroes now."
Any shortfall will be blamed on either diversity or on "racism" of the audience.
Anyway you spin this, what Feige accomplished will be preserved, same way as Star Wars fags still buy stuff related to the original trilogy decades later.
>>
>>99843509
Wow, you are stupid.
>>99842406
>>
>>99842300
The Norse Mythology in the Marvel-verse is based on Asgard, how did the Norse mythology of the real world not include any black asgardians?
>>
Well I'm out. Good first ten years anyway. RIP
>>
>>99841154
Is this the end of a white man?
>>
>>99841154
None of these people have souls or are even alive.
>>
>>99843217
>And you answer because of women and niggers and they you accompany that with some epic gangweed meme on your timeline?

Normies only understand one line: "it's boring." Alternative is "I don't think you should be watching stuff for underage kids, you are better than that"
>>
>>99841917
>unironically reading comics

gtfo manchild
>>
>>99843317
>All the comic living soibois buying up the MCU tickets
MCU films generally sell more than 50k tickets.
>>
>>99842742
That's not Gwenpool
>>
>>99841793
I honestly think that this scene was great because he utterly destroyed his wife's attempt to gaslight him about having a cuckhold fetish so she could cheat on him guilt free.
>>
>>99841154
I mavel studio's take the route of marvel comics, marvel studios will g the route of marvel comics.
>>
>>99841917
*snap*
>>
>>99841154
>Comcast swoops in and steals Fox from under Disney's nose
>all because the stock+cash payment Disney was offering lost value after Solo caused Dinsey stock to drop
Star Wars is actively damaging other franchises under the Disney umbrella and they still think that emulating it's model is a good idea?
>>
>>99841154
well at least it ended with infinity wars.

rip
i
p
>>
>>99843217
All women are whores
>>
File: zed2.jpg (35 KB, 371x315)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>99841154
The beginning of the end of the MCU is now.
The capeshit bubble will finally burst after all these years, and the Ms. Marvel movie will be the catalyst of their downfall.
>>
>women and black people hurt my fees fees!
kek
fucking snowflakes
>>
>>99841932
>Black Panther for example had none of the sjw shit all the pre movie shilling suggested
You have to be fucking trolling right?
>>
>>99841154
>When in doubt, double down!

Everything in that headline is what I hate about modern corporate movies. I wouldn't even care if the movie was mostly women or blacks, but the fact they force feed it down your throat, telling you it's a good thing and if you oppose you're a bigot is what pisses me off. You can see it everywhere. "This next shitty sequel was directed by a strong WOMAN !!!!!!?!!!!!" I literally don't care if the director is a woman, I care whether or not that woman is a good director.

>>99841736
>dark ages of entertainment
CARLOS!!!!!
>>
>>99845946
>all because the stock+cash payment Disney was offering lost value after Solo caused Dinsey stock to drop
Proof?
>>
>>99841800
Most of those have been undone or reverted back now. Thor is now Thor again, Kitty hasn't been 'Star Lord' in ages, Wolverine's comeback so Laura's X-23 again, azn-Hulk has quit once Banner returned, Riri is destined for the scrapheap (aka Champions) now that Bendis! is gone, along with Miles probably taking a new name for the same reason.

Marvel gave the SJW authors a go... and promptly shit-canned all the titles that didn't work. Nothing new there. Remember the 90s.
>>
>>99841504
>he hasn't stopped watching MCU years ago

Besides if they just make Wakanda bait they'll make more than anything else
>>
>>99841876
>highschool football star bully
but they don't exist in top tier highschools anymore, they don't give a pass on retards because they happen to be good at handegg.
>>
>>99841793
>>99844592
this. absolutely mogging your wife when she tries to be open about cheating on you is the most alpha thing you can do
>>
File: 1528680022266.png (63 KB, 211x214)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>all these niggas doubting based Feige
>all these niggas seriously thinking Captain Marvel won't be a hit because it's female centric
>all these niggas seriously thinking the ride is ending any time soon
Legit brainlets

Feige already knows how to do an SJW pandering piece, he did Black Panther, a billion dollar hit that lost none of the fanbase.
He knows how to please a crowd without offending the rest, just watch Captain Marvel become huge and everyone will be hype for her appearance in 4vengers 4ever.

To put it simply, Feige isn't going aggro on white men cause he knows they're one of the core audiences, he's not saying that the Force is female and he's not saying that the time of white males is over.
He's just saying that'll be more women and more diversity, which is not really something you can get mad about.
The minute Feige gets a big fan-favourite to return and have him do shit that pisses off the crowd, you can start doomsaying.
Fuck, if Feige demands a 4/10 asian girl and has the makeup and costume crew turn her into a 1/10 for no good reason, even I will start doomsaying.
>>
File: 1489391282859.png (177 KB, 267x261)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>99841800
>>
>>99846322
I honestly wonder what they're going to do when they run dry. Like will they have a few flops in a row and then just... stop?
Or will they actually make a final Avengers movie(or two) and then try to actually conclude their story somehow?
>>
File: 1474316542374.jpg (402 KB, 1200x1345)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>99844319
>>
File: 1528632361299.png (610 KB, 543x631)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>99846674
>more women and more diversity, which is not really something you can get mad about

That's where you're wrong, buck-o
>>
>>99846674
>a billion dollar hit
Can't wait for the Disney e-mail leak.
>>
>>99841154
Saw this coming with captain feminism being pushed. In the comics captain marvel has been their flagship of diversity. Marvel is ogre
>>
File: 1497348675258.png (708 KB, 640x640)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>99841875
>ask her about her feminist agenda
>she calls the police
>>
>>99843317
Nobody buys comics anymore
>>
>>99846713
That's gwenpool, well done.
>>
>>99846675
kek
>>
>>99841793
sauce on the girl pleas
>>
>>99846674
this
>>
>>99846675
holy shit
>>
>>99841800
I like how their idea of diversity is to add more niggers
>>
>>99842300
>>99843509
How convenient.
>>
File: 1484728183073.jpg (34 KB, 480x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>99846675
>>
>>99846675
He cute
>>
>>99846638
they should have made him a new character then instead of calling him flash then, like they did with nigger MJ
>>
>>99846681
I wish they'd end it all before it got stale, but they won't. Why won't capeshit die?
>>
>>99841800
why do people care about modern marvel comics? they are trash, just read the older ones and that's it
>>
>>99841504
>You can just ignore the diversity movies if you don't care for them.
As a former leftist, I would ask you to please observe how the praising of diversity movies is always a secondary priority compared to elimination of "non-diversity" movies.

This point can be obscured when you have a particularly coordinated state of worship like the Black Panther movie, but there's a very good reason why they target movies like the Ghostbusters or Star Wars for getting "diversified".
The primary goal is to destroy safe spaces for white men.
>>
>>99850105
>safe spaces for white men.
If by that you mean Capeshit, then i welcome the elimination of this shit.
Let women and minorites turn into mental retards from watching this shit and growing delusions while white men take a break and see a growth of both IQ and EQ.
>>
>>99850183
>Capeshit is the whole of culture
That stupidity aside, I feel sorry for you that you're so filled with despair and impotence that you'd rather surrender your culture than change it.
What's the difference between you and any leftist when you're consumed by nihilism?
>>
>>99850316
>your culture
My culture is becoming fit, not looking at fictional superheroes and growing delusions like women are now growing thinking their spaghetti arms are able to throw a 100kg man because that's what Capeshit showed them.
This is a culture of shit, and your are living and breathing it.
It pollutes you. Just look at yourself. What a sad pathetic existence obsessed with defending the imaginary instead of changing your own reality. You wouldn't know what nihilism is if it came out of your ass, and by the looks of it it's seeping. Nihilism is for Capeshit watching faggots like yourself.
>>
>>99850434
>Continuing to insist that capeshit is the whole of culture
Stopped reading there. If you're going to be pathetic AND obstinately stupid, there's no point in talking.

Its even more sad that you've retreated into obsession with your own physically as a way to cope, as if muscle will solve our problems.
Kill yourself, anon. Nobody needs your poison.
>>
>>99850520
>training our bodies to dig out their true potential and be healthy and radiant is a coping mechanism
For what? Avoiding becoming a dumbshit Capeshit loser like yourself? There's no more honorable and dignified coping mechanism then, to cope by fixing oneself instead of remaining a deluded recluse like Capeshitters such as yourself.
Face it, you need a safe space because you are a low T dumbshit loser full of insecurities.
Only those who walk on the road of fixing themselves can be said to have grown out of their insecurities. Something you are incapable of and are now seething.
The fact that you see women as a danger because they are falling into the dungpit that you yourself are in, instead of extracting yourself from it and letting the retarded women free-fall all they want, tells plenty about your low-IQ low-self-awareness barren existence.
Fix yourself and get a woman, and then all the other women on the planet will become irrelevant, because only a handful matter in a man's life. Fucking incel.
>>
>>99850105
>>99850183
>>99850316
>>99850434
>>99850520
>>99850668
>mfw the real way diversity destroys the white man is by causing him to engage in lengthy arguments about children's films

The spectacle is a distraction lads. If you really love film, pick up a camera and start making shit.
>>
>>99841876

Flash bothered me in that it felt like a really dumb hollywood way of doing Flash. The character was fine, but why is he even named Flash? I went to high school with annoying spoiled indian kids, they got it right. Though, yea, why name him that? The MJ thing was also stupid. Using the audiences comic knowledge to elevate movie characters importance is weak writing and insulting. Also Michelle was ugly as fuck. They need to stop pushing ugly black girls in movies. It's not solving racism, if anything it's probably creating it.
>>
>>99841504
The treatment of Asgard is unforgivable, and it was so much worse when they doubled down on that bullshit with Taika Waititi's film. I love the MCU, but when they go down the forced "diversity" route they really suck and their drop in quality is noticeable, at least in Spiderman they have the excuse in that New York has suffered some soft ethnic cleansing. Ragnarok was the first Marvel film I pirated, I just couldn't be bothered for their shit any more.
>>
>>99842300
So how come the Vikings, the actual people from the genuine era of history never wrote about black gods and valkyries, even in Marvel's universe? They were sea farers, they travelled over continents, they knew what non white people looked like, yet they never had a single instance of "diversity" in their mythology. Your excuse is bullshit, it's forced "diversity" and everyone knows it, including the actors like Idris Elba, who love to talk about racism in others but is happy to be a racist cunt himself by accepting parts that erase white people from their own culture.
>>
>>99842073

I don't really have a beef with white characters being not white. I do have beef with their diversity being making characters black. That's not diversity. All the super heroes are black or white. That's pandering . Asian, hispanic, indian, and so on have 0 representation as avengers. Im tired of them constantly and only race changing black and white characters. Making ancient one and white washing mandarin, but making other characters black?
>>
>>99851976
>I love the MCU, but when they go down the forced "diversity" route they really suck and their drop in quality is noticeable
So you enjoy reheated hero myths told with a dull visual style, but only so long as the characters are the right colour?

>New York has suffered some soft ethnic cleansing
You're right, there's not many Algonquin left in the area.
>>
>>99852134
>Making ancient one and white washing mandarin
I don't think Asians are upset about missing these roles. They're stereotypical to begin with.
I'm just guessing here, but I imagine Asians want to be portrayed as normal people. Not foreigners from a far off country, or Bruce Lee knock offs.
>>
>>99852443

This is where you're wrong. I don't think they should have cast an asian actor with a thick accent. Not like we needed pat morita, but look at Kenneth Choi. He's not playing an asian guy, he's just a guy. Get actors who were born in english speaking countries. You can avoid the stereotype and still have representation. Avoiding it out of fear of being racist is still racist.
>>
File: 1528705990778.png (429 KB, 1243x719)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
What did white males mean by this?
>>
>>99846681
When two new franchises in a row make less profit than Ant-Man, they'll stop trying to make new franchises happen.
When sequels stop making more than first movies, they'll let those franchises start to peter out.
If Marvel Studios is still headed by Feige on someone else who actually cares about the characters, they'll try to get Disney to Green light something like $300 million 2016 dollars for a final Avengers. Otherwise the whole thing will just peter out.
>>
>>99853190
Speaking of Ant-Man it's setting up to be a "stronk wimmin" movie.
>>
>>99841800
falcon captain america is goat desu desu,

the rest is shit tho.
>>
>>99853043
What they mean is white men are superior to other races and genders you dumb nigger bitch
>>
File: IMG_0874.jpg (29 KB, 504x415)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>watch mostly arthouse
>never have to deal with forced diversity
>>
File: cover.jpg (29 KB, 519x516)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>99841154
>http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/kevin-feige-secrets-marvel-universe-produced-by-conference-1201973150/

what the article basically said is:

>continue to do whatever you're doing because it's working

which means they are not going to change the formula, if they do, they are stupid.
>>
>>99841837
If you'd know anything about norse myths, youd know Marvel uses it only as a flavour. Their take on it is as close as Gods of Egypt is to Egyptian myths.
>>
>>99846674
/thread
>>
>>99854368
Ironically considering their demographic, arthouse films are the whitest films imaginable.
>>
>>99846674
yep, this is going to my based compilation.
>>
>>99842406
Marvel Asgard has a lot less accuracy in its depiction besides there being black people anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.