[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: dgj1RV3.jpg (402 KB, 1152x864)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
We haven't had a thread about these gems in awhile.
>>
>>
File: 176572487.jpg (608 KB, 1000x927)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>
File: Akai.Ito.full.728948.jpg (1.82 MB, 2447x3479)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>
File: 6363463463464.png (265 KB, 543x750)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
last thread apparently got deleted, not sure why
>>
File: Aoishiro.jpg (448 KB, 800x600)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
Still cant believe these games are so old. The artwork is still breathtaking.
>>
>>2334931
>not sure why
Everything that contains download links is getting memory hole'd because it kinda got licensed.
>>
>>2334965
>it kinda got licensed.

You think it got licensed? Akaiito is an old game and it only had ps2 version, I don't know if those guys will manage to get it licensed
>>
>>2334967
It wont happen. Maybe Aoishiro, but never Akaiito.
>>
>>2334967
>>2334969
Disregard that, I'm retarded. It's not licensed (not even "kinda"), they are TRYING to license it and that's why download links are getting taken down everywhere.
>>
>>2334974
Oh, that makes sense
>>
>>2334974
It's pretty silly. Akaiito is only popular in Yuri circles, and the game is pretty damn old (its aged very well though) .

Aoishiro is a much safer bet. But then again, who really needs that localised? We already have a very good fan patch.
>>
Someone on old thread mentions about aoishiro remastered and akaiito smartphone edition.
more info please?
>>
>>2334981
Only good reason for localisation would be so we can show our appreciation for the game via giving money to the devs.

Anyone wanna have fun trying to guess what a 3rd installment would be like?
>>
>>2334982
Aoi Shiro is available on mobile as an unvoiced adventure novel (reusing the CG) You need to buy separate novels for each route. It was really popular.
>>
>>2334926
So what's the best way to play Akai Ito right now? I only know of getting a ps2 emulator + reading a translation from an external website which doesn't seem appealing at all.

I think I seen someone try to do a patch translation but that person apparently is talking to localization companies and pulled the patch.
>>
File: ihwa.jpg (105 KB, 816x613)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>2335025
>unvoiced
>need to buy separate novels for each route
>really popular

That's impressive I gotta say
>>
>>2335051
Well the Japs like spending money. It was on the best sellers list on the website for awhile. Cant people just play the damn game?
>>
>>2335050
Someone here had the lonk to download the patch, but I don't know if we can share it here since >>2334965
>>
>>2335147
If she had any sense, she would try and directly contract Success, and arrange something. Get permission to do a Kickstarter or somthing to raise funds to port, and then translate it.
>>
File: 9574115_p0_master1200.jpg (253 KB, 600x498)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>I'll never be able to play Akaiito or Aoishiro blind again...
Why live...
>>
Which routes from each of the games are the best? I only did two routes in AkaiIto, Uzuki's and Yumei's, I didn't really like Tsuzuru(?) so I skipped hers, and Sakuya's is partially translated. Personally, I liked Uzuki's route best in Akaiito.
>>
>>2336293
My favorite route in Akaiito is Uzuki's. I wish I could play Sakuya's, but like you said, it's not fully translated.

As for Aoishiro I love Kaya and Kohaku's routes.
>>
>>2336348
Uzuki and Yumei's in Akai

Nami and Grand in Aoi.
>>
File: 241255482167.png (464 KB, 800x600)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>2336293
I liked Migiwa's route in Aoishiro the best because of battle couple, sexy CPR and delicious blood licking. She was both a girlfriend and a bro. Plus she fought with just her abilities, without any magic or oni-fied brothers.
>>
>>2336293
Yumei’s route from Akaiito and Kohaku’s from Aoishiro. Yumei’s route had so many great and emotionally loaded scenes. Kohaku’s route had the coolest heroine by far.
>>
Really the only bad route in this series is that stupid twin-tailed Yasumi. Such an annoying character...
>>
>>2338395
Nah, Tsuzura's route is boring too.
>>
>>2338438
At least she's cute.
>>
>>2338438
Nah her route is the worst in Akaiito, but at least I like her character. Yasmui is this evil, envious, little bitch who should just die...
>>
>>2336687
On kohaku route right now, can you tell me why nami's route is good before I lose the mood for playing?
>>
>>2338825
It has probably the only overly romantic ending in the game, and it basically a rough tomboy girl (osa) taking advantage of an autistic younger student.
>>
>>2338830
>Romantic
Tell me more
Did nami and syouko kiss?
>>
>>2338838
No
Nami and Osa deciede to live together once they got enough money, and Osa declares her, her Christmas present.
>>
File: Aoishiro-Story.jpg (95 KB, 550x412)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Man. Whenever I see a moonlit beach I think about Aoishiro. I wonder why these games left such a mark on my mind.
>>
File: large.jpg (43 KB, 486x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
File: screen03.jpg (465 KB, 1200x1701)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>
File: Hatou.Kei.full.1347832.jpg (2.01 MB, 2441x3473)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>Some people actually think the dyke/oldman trapped inside a girls body is better then this yuri icon.
>>
>>2342827
Kei is amazing.
>>
File: Aoi.Shiro.full.150351.jpg (2.1 MB, 1800x1350)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>2340169
I know that feel

>>2342827
>dyke
Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>2336348
>As for Aoishiro I love Kaya and Kohaku's routes.
Superb taste.
>>
>>2343020
The sociopathic anti hero, and the lesbian incest zombie cop. Great tastes.
>>
>>2343184
Someone is butthurt their favorite VN didn't get a PC version
>>
>>2343204
At least my favorite VN didn't bankrupt, and nearly murder Success
>>
>>2342827
I love her as a main character. She feels so humane and it’s incredibly easy to get gripped by her struggles. Really helps that her seiyuu Matsuki Miyu(rip) puts out a great performance.

>>2343205
Haven’t heard anything in particular about Aoi Shiro being the reason they went into the mobile swamp. As far as i know it sold about as well as Akai Ito. The PC port did quite meh though. Them being driven into producing shovelware has probably more to do with the great recession that hit around that time.
>>
Does anyone got a link to the fixed version? Was thinking of doing another playthrough, and i’d rather do without the scenes where the audio and text goes out of sync.
>>
>>2350665
Of Akaiito, or Aoishiro?
>>
>>2355379
Akaiito. I think the fix might have been baked into the base patch, but either way it was only up for about three weeks or so before they took everything down.
>>
>>2359839
How so?
>>
>>2359839
Aoishiro or Akaiito?
>>
>>2359839
Aoi Shiro and Akaiito both have excellent mystery plots. A fantastic mix of light romance, and horror.

Name another VN with a more likable cast of characters.
>>
>>
>>2362501
Munetsugu is the coolest character in the game. His greatest moment will always be when he comes out of nowhere in kaya's route to cut Balor into literal pieces.
>>
>>2362576
Fuck you, nee-sama. Kohaku is the coolest.
>>
File: 55905856_p7.jpg (406 KB, 3000x2696)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>
>>2365530
Worst girl!
>>
Which has the better OST? I've heard praising the soundtracks alot, but which one is better? I think Akaiito edges it out because it has this track,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3yNGBGDEI
>>
File: aioshiro_kaya.jpg (79 KB, 600x544)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I really loved her character design and she was pretty cool too.
>>
>>2372892
Isn't that the incestuous lesbian zombie cop? Eh, I liked her more then Yasumi, but I prefer the other girls alot more.
>>
File: gsdx_20170711190636.jpg (91 KB, 640x448)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Doushio?
>>
>>2378503
[x] Genuflect
>>
>>2378503
Sleep on the futon, but throw Uzuki on the hallway
>>
Sakuya's route fully translated when?
>>
>>2378573
Probably never due to """licensing""" bullshit.
>>
The translation is still progressing as far as i know. I’ve been in contact with them and i got the impression that it will be released as normal if the licensing stuff falls through.
The reason for the slow progress is simply that the translator is in his early 30’s now and needs to work for a living. Biggest boon of a publisher is that he would probably receive enough financial compensation so that he could afford to focus on the translation.
>>
Natsu-neesan objectively best girl
>>
>>2378658
While I really adore Zohar for all the work she's done to translate my favorite VN, why the hell are they trying to get Success to license them the game?

I can see a Kickstarter working, but they need Success approval first.
>>
>>2380408
Only thing they’re trying atm is to find a foreign publisher interested in localizing Akaiito. As far as i know they haven’t made any attempt to license it directly from Success.
I guess kickstarter could be a route, but even with a successful kickstarter it would probably be way easier to license the game with a publisher behind them.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 464x260)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
What the fuck is her problem?
>>
>>2385623
She doesn't have enough niku. Give her some niku.
>>
>>2385623
The girl she loves fell in love with a different girl and she has no chance to win
>>
>>2385623
Isn't Momo in love with Yasumi, but Yasumi be like "Nah I want that tomboy over there."

I really hated how Yasumi was mean to precious little Nami because Osa fell in love with the loli and not her.
>>
>>2378577
>>2378658
which is why they need to sort out the licensing and get some proper funding
>>
>>2396969
Maybe Success dosen't want to liscense it?

There amazing games but they dont have mainstream appeal.
>>
File: 64185242_p0.png (697 KB, 1100x888)
697 KB
697 KB PNG
>>
>>2397641
Worst girls. They deserve each other.
>>
>>2398338
Momo is better than Yasumi
>>
Since we have nothing to do here, wanna imagine what a 3rd installment would be like? There should be 3 to match the 3 japanese relics: sword, mirror and magatama.
>>
>>2400762
It dosen't need a sequel Akaiito and Aoishiro are perfect as a sister games. Don't need a third wheel.
>>
I agree with >>2404043 that a third game isn’t really needed, but the setting has a surprising amount of depth, which could easily accommodate another story. Having a story set amongst one of the Oni hunter clans could be an amazing way to further flesh out the world.
>>
File: 011.jpg (279 KB, 1200x1698)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Wait, who the hell is the woman on the left?
>>
>>2409244
Where did you find that picture? Looks like official art, but google search doesn’t give me anything. She does share eye colour with both Shouko and the teacher from Aoishiro, so i guess there’s a faint possibility that she might be related to one of them.
>>
>>2409387
I'm not sure myself, but might have been from that akaiito/aoishiro mega pack. It had some official artbooks and stuff
>>
>>2409563
Dug through the entire megapack and i didn’t find anything of her. Weird… i guess she could be a background character who never actually shows up. I guess there’s already somewhat of a precedent for it with Kei’s classmate, whose face is only revealed in supplemental material. Though at least the classmate had several voiced lines, while i can’t think of any voiced but never shown character who would be a fit for this woman.
>>
File: 023.jpg (427 KB, 1200x1702)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>2409834
But did you find that one picture in the mega pack? There is also this one full of literal whos
>>
>>2409835
what is this, yaoi shiro?
>>
>>2409842
Yeah, whatever it is I wouldn't read it. But that woman looks like Sakuya and maybe the woman in the back with her eyes closed is one of Kei's ancestors.
>>
>>2409835
Well i guess you and i don’t have the same megapack. Would you happen to have a link for the one you got? I’m 99% sure that the one i downloaded several years ago was this one.
http://www.ghostyuri.com/2010/09/akaiito-aoishiro-megapack-courtesy-of-k-nashi/
>>
>>2409870
Forget the mega pack, it seems I found it here

https://e-hentai.org/g/432792/b3ffaf01e5/
>>
>>2409871
Thanks!

>>2409845
Top left character is definitely Sakuya and i’m pretty sure the girl at the top is the one who was the guardian before Yumei. Top right looks like he could be Uzuki’s brother, as for the rest i got no idea.
>>
>>2409834
I think that friend of Kei who looks like Yumei with a braid didn't have any lines in the game
>>
File: 010.jpg (1.28 MB, 2447x3473)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>
>>2409835
Is that...Uzuki's brother? I think he had a thing with Kei-Kun. Cool design.
>>
File: C01D1.png (3.68 MB, 3208x3410)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB PNG
Looks like the source art for the character models were released for some kind of rpg maker promotion.
http://site.nicovideo.jp/rpgtkool/material/akaiito.html

They look incredibly crisp. I’m not feeling particularly optimistic about Success ever doing some kind of HD re-release of Akaiito, but the fact that at least some of the original assets are of such high quality gives me a tiny sliver of hope.
>>
>>2412723
Holy shit. Those look amazing. Its pretty crazy how well the games aged. Still looks gorgeous.
>>
Oh and Yumei will always be best girl.
>>
>>2410395
It's a genderbent version of Akai Ito except Sakuya is still a female.
>>
>>2412762
Only the middle right one looks like he could be a genderbent version, and even then it feels more reasonable to assume that he's just Uzuki’s brother. The other male characters just look too different from the main female cast for them to be genderbent versions. The boy doesn’t have the same eye nor hair colour as Tsuzura, and the other two guys don’t share any physical similarities with anyone of the main female characters.
>>
>>2412762
>>2413376
I think it's supposed to be the cast of an untold prequel story. Sakuya is still Sakuya because she's a relic from the Cambrian, but the rest are probably Uzuki's brother, Yumei's predecessor, a different Nushi host and so on?
>>
>>2409835
the one on top looks like she might have been the tree spirit before Yumei, maybe Kei's grandma? She looks young though, so maybe Kei's mom. Then definitely Uzuki's bro, Kei's dad, and young Kei-chan or Kei-kun. Most likely Kei-chan since she was the wild one as a kid.
>>
>>2413930
Seems like the most reasonable assumption to make. Some kind of untold prequel story. Though does anyone know how many years prior to Akai Ito that Uzuki’s brother died? Might help in giving an idea of when it’s supposed to take place.
>>
I don't know why so many people say Kaya is Syouko's aunt, some of my cousins have kids and I treat them like cousins too
>>
>>2415706
I've never seen anybody say that.
>>
So....this duology has two incest routes? Are they proper incest rooms, in which the girls knew each other close while growing up, or a cop out?
>>
>>2417774
>in which the girls knew each other close while growing up

Yes
>>
>>2417778
Ah cool. Which is the better one to play first?
>>
>>2417796
If you’re set on playing both of them i’d probably start with Aoishiro. Its fully translated while Akaiito still has one route that’s only halfway translated. You will miss some minor references to Akaiito, but their not really consequential to the plot, nor do they spoil anything.

Also i feel that Aoishiro compares kinda unfavourable to Akaiito once you’ve gone through both. Aoishiro is not a bad VN by any means, but i felt that it had some issues in areas where it’s predecessor did not, so i’d definitely start with Aoishiro if you want the most enjoyable experience.
>>
>>2417796
The only reason I could play Aoishiro was because I love Akaiito so much. Had I played Aoishiro first, I'd have dropped the franchise entirely. The two games might be comparable on the big picture (good art, music, compelling plot, atmospheric) but Aoishiro's writing is just so tedious at times, testing my patience on shit that I can't care enough to read about for hours on end. Akaiito has better focus, and IMO also better romantic options (Yumei, Uzuki, Sakuya combined is a lethal harem for any cute imouto such as myself).

That said, Akaiito hadn't been fully translated so if you can't into moonrunes, you only have Aoishiro as an option.
>>
File: 41JVRYKPFCL.jpg (29 KB, 329x475)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Since i'm a huge Fatal Frame fan, I already had a PS2 emulator up and running, so since i'ts the first in the series, I was like "Why not!" i'll play Akaiito first, Its about 90 percent translated, and I can read a little bit of Japanese.

First impressions why's, the plot seems a little dull, but oh god the atmosphere. It's so fucking atmospheric. Music is amazing, and the game has aged fantastically (I really dislike modern anime art, but the game has a really crisp feel, while still looking classic). Really impressed so far. It's a shame about the story though. Favorite character so far is the tree-miko girl.

Is it just me or does it give off huge Vampire Princess Miyu vibes?
>>
>>2418211
I like aoishiro more, maybe because I played it first
>>
>>2418214
>It's a shame about the story though
How do you know what kind of story it is when this is a horror mystery? The true plot will be revealed later on.

Good choice to choose Akaiito first because Aoishiro is even more dragged out until it touches on the true plot, so you'll suffer even more and even want to drop. I dropped Aoishiro thrice with a couple years in between each try.
>>
>>2418224
>I dropped Aoishiro thrice with a couple years in between each try.
Same, but a bit less than a year each time.
>>
>>2417988
I might as well elaborate on the problems i have with Aoishiro.

The first one is how it gets bogged down by it’s slice of life scenes. They overstay their welcome to the point they start feeling like filler. The cast is also somewhat segregated between the slice of life stuff and the mystery stuff, so a lot of time is spent in the SoL sections on characters who aren't really relevant for the main plot, which makes it even more frustrating with how prevalent those scenes are.

The second one is how samey the routes are. They all pretty much hit the same beats and the only significant differences are which characters are present and their current relationship to you. It’s cool that a character who’s antagonistic in one route might fight on your side in another, but it still feels meh when you end up doing roughly the same thing again.

Akaiito doesn’t have those issues. The SoL scenes never overstay their welcome and the cast is well integrated into both the SoL stuff and the main plot. The routes also feel very distinct, and though you might argue that they got some similarities in broad strokes they never really hit the same beats.
>>
>>2418422
I agree with your comment about the SoL segments in Aoi Shiro, three-quarters of the game is about eating food or the preparation thereof. But I think that even though the different routes tread much of the same ground, I thought the game did a good job in filling in the blanks in the overall story with each route by the time you get to the true ending.
>>
>>2418422
Utterly disagree about the samey complaint. For fucks suck, Shouko dynamic with her partner is completely different, some time she's the dominant one, other times she's submissive.
>>
>>2418862
I’m not disagreeing about the personal relationships being quite different for each route. The sameness comes from the main story beats being pretty much the same for every route. You trek over to the island with the main heroine and the big bad you have to fight there is either X or Y.

>>2418509
I did like how every route revealed a new sliver of the main mystery. In that respect the VN did quite a good job. Much like in Akaiito it really served to peak the interest for whatever would be revealed in the next route.
>>
File: hnmp-0002_01.jpg (80 KB, 418x420)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
While I still think it's excellent, Aoishiro really is inferior to Akaiito in every way.

Atmosphere is better (Though Aoishiro strongest aspect is it's STILL stunning atmosphere)

Music is better (Subjective because MANYO is a god in anything he does)

Characters are better (I much prefer Yumei and Uzuki to anyone in Aoishiro.)

Story is better. (Though I will argue the villains in Aoi are all kinds of badass.)

It;s just a better game. Aoishiro is still great. But it's like comparing Dark Souls 1, to Dark Souls 2.
>>
I tripped over this thread and decided these looked like some good games to go in blind on. That being said, downloads of them don't exist and the torrents on Nyaa are coming in at like 10 Kbps, average.

Thoughts or suggestions?
>>
>>2421413
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/aoishiro/

Akaiito takes a good deal longer to set up.
>>
>>2418862
>some time she's the dominant one, other times she's submissive.
Funnily enough, this was what exactly turned me off about Shouko. For someone with the designated "husbando" role, I'd prefer to see her different sides as a husbando. Such as being a total prince with some girls but a whipped boyfriend to others; not turned into a princess. That is to say: there are many types of dom/sub to choose from, no need to change the essence of the character. Poor personality consistency made me feel like I'm reading yaoi in certain routes.

Kei did this much better. She's the designated "damsel" so she acted as either the helpless girlfriend, an older sister, or a protective wife. She just lacks a tiger mom route for a more fierce dominant depiction.
>>
I just started playing Aoishiro (for the first time) on my computer with surround sound speakers. Not only is the game surround sound compatible, but it uses it really fucking well. Different characters voices come from different speakers based on where they are compared to the MC. And background noise, like girls clattering, is mixed to the back speakers.

I don't play many VNs, so I'm not sure if that's normal. But I'm really impressed by it regardless.
>>
>>2422437
The sprites are also voice synced. It's a really impressive VN in general.
>>
Still waiting for someone to upload a complete Save of Akai Ito so I can play the route I want without going through the hoops of unlocking it without a proper walkthrough.
>>
>>2422677
On that note, can anyone upload the translation patch?

It was taken down a few months ago:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8f8gzT-wCgbmKmhTvqoMTAux965OpR3Er7_e8u502Y/edit
>>
>>2422691
This is the same link I posted a few months ago so it's still out of date by a few days, but you can read every route besides Sakuya's with issues in only a few spots. I'm not sure if they're issues that were fixed in the next patch, anyway.

https://mega.nz/#!6NUikKpT!ym_JrFwnQ7dDTTL7EilA0ocVwPFmWDwdVqODsIGxrAc

If anybody has the most recent patch, please post it.
>>
>>2422677
The routes flow really well into each other if you follow the supposed order, so i’d say skipping routes would be a great mistake if you want to maximise your enjoyment of the overall story. Still if you only care about specific characters their routes work decently enough as self contained stories. I’d take it the route you’re interested in is Yumei’s?
>>
>>2428069
>Yumei
Yumei's really cute, but she just aint compatible with Kei. Don't know why she's such a popular pairing. Uzuki is Kei's one true love.
>>
>>2429366
Before playing Akaiito, I used to think so too. Uzuki is the type of girl that makes even straight girls wet (and that impresiion was spot on), while I assume Yumei would be the generic motherly big sis type.

Oh boy, glad I was wrong. Yumei was anything but boring. She's definitely a motherly oneesama, but is also dominant, cool, and quite a gentleman. Her bloodsucking scenes with Kei are hand down the most romantic. I didn't expect a gentle girl like Yumei to out-prince Uzuki when it matters.

Uzuki is still the only one whom Kei had explicitly wanted to have sex with though.
>>
>>2428069
Yes, I eventually figured out what to do with some google translate and played through Yumei's true route (I'm not someone who plays more than one route in games like this, because I feel like it invalidates my previous playthroughs).

I thought it was... fine?
It was enjoyable with its atmosphere and high production values, but I found it kinda unmemorable.
I can't point my finger at what exactly was lacking, but I didn't really feel attachment to any of the character, even though I'm usually very easy to please, and fantasy+yuri is my #1 favorite setting.

I had already played Aoi Shiro a couple years back, and I guess it left me with the same impressions.
>>
>>2429421
>(I'm not someone who plays more than one route in games like this, because I feel like it invalidates my previous playthroughs).
This isn't a basic dating sim. You fucked up because this isn't a game in which the routes are really meant to be enjoyed standalone. You might have felt more attachment to the characters if you played the other routes first like you were supposed to. You completely skipped all the build up of Yumei's route, too.

I can't guarantee you'd have liked Yumei's route or the rest of the game if you played the game in order, but games with locked routes usually have them locked for reasons of storytelling. You do yourself a disservice to cheat and play them first, and it's no surprise that you were left feeling nothing for any of the characters you were expected to know and have feelings for already.
>>
>>2429421
Don't know why you have that complaint. I know all the Aoishiro and Akaiito cast by heart, Love all of them (Except Yasumi)
>>
>>2429437
You don't need to convince me, I'm well aware this isn't the kind of game that works for me, I'll always have a strong dislike for "harem" settings, even when they're yuri.
If I'm made to root for a romantic pairing, I'm not going to switch out half of it multiple times just to get the whole picture, that makes the romance fickle in my eyes.

Though, for lack of a better comparison, I absolutely loved Nurse Love Addiction (Nao's route), it's definitely in my top three stories of all time; I suppose it's because the common route made up the majority of the game.
>>
>>2429451
NLA is a weird one, because while you DO get added information from the other routes, it's only really necessary for that particular route, and some of the routes are lackluster anyway.

Like, if you don't play Sakuya's route, you miss a big secret about Sakuya, but she wasn't your favorite anyway so you probably don't care.

Sakuya's route feels slightly incomplete if you haven't played Nao's, because some things are implied but never explained. They're trying not to spoil the reveals of Nao's route but it doesn't quite work and you can guess a lot of it.

Also Nao's route in general has way more stuff in it than either Sakuya or Itsuki (and Kaede is a 'why is she even in this game?') so if you're only going to play one route that is definitely the one to play.
>>
>>2431164
Kaede's route threw me off too. I guess she was there as a normal option for the weak-hearted who can't handle the trippy stuff in the other three. That said, romance with Kaede feels natural.

Itsuki on the other hand was forced af. She is in love with Sakuya, not us, dammit. Romancing her felt out of place.
>>
I just finished my first playthrough of Akaiito in the Uzuki route (loved it) but before I go further in the next routes I've heard about the game's seals that prevent me from doing other routes, and that return-to-menu post completion doesn't run the seal-script. How do I get around this... or do I not?
>>
>>2431709
I believe Uzuki routes unlock half of Yumei's route. You should do Tzundra's now.
>>
I don't think I'll ever play the games but could someone please summarize it?
>>
>>2431742
Lesbians deal with supernatural happenings, both scheduled and unscheduled.
>>
Can someone please explain the ending for the Grand Route? I've finished it but I'm really confused about what happend. Especially when both Nami and Shoujo jump into the black mist of chaos together and the Ending theme starts to play. It feels like they've skipped the explanation for what happened afterwards. I know that they return to the temple stairs with everyone welcoming them but how did they resolve the conflict now?
>>
>>2429421
It's not a harem vn. Akaiito is unique in that it branches out very early (the moment Kei gets off the train) and they all take a rather distinct route. Why would you not play through all of them? Hell.. In some routes you can even miss Tsudura entirely. It's your loss for choosing to ignore the seals. And you're being a dumbass for taking the stance of 'single route only'. Compare it to nurse love addiction where there is a huge chunk of common route and the branching only occurs in the second half. You're missing out on a lot of things by skipping the other routes.

I find the way Akaiito branches to be amazing. The actions you take and the consequences are all pretty apparent most of the time. Talk to the station master for too long and Kei will miss the last bus. Choose not to go to the mountain today, and the events that happen there will still happen but without Kei's interference. Each route tells you something different and resolves the story in its own way. It's famed for having a shit ton of endings, normal, good and bad but you just wanna throw most of that away? What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>2432574
Don't bother. The anon is a moron.
>>
Is there any games like this duo? I can't get them out of my head. Their just so good...
>>
Are the twins and Yumei vampires?
>>
>>2432574
That's why I put quotes around "harem".

But however you call it, as I explained, I don't like reading multiple variations of the same story when they all pair up different characters with the MC.
When I read a yuri story, I want to become fond of a pair of characters in love; constantly substituting one of them makes the whole thing shallow to me.

I'm not condemning the game itself, this is just a case of different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>2433986
No
>>
>>2433986
No oni.
>>
Am I the only person who thought Yasumi was really cute and likable? Her route doesn't compare to the likes of Nami's or anything, but she had that cute "normal girl" thing going on and her crush on the main character was sweet. Maybe it's because she reminds me of my first crush...
>>
>>2433194
Same, they're so atmospheric and broody. It's been a couple of years since I played them but I think about these games a lot.
>>
>>2342827
I thought Shouko was a very relatable character desu
>>
>>2434493
I agree
>>
>>2434461
It's one anon who keeps posting the same shit over and over. Most people like Yasumi cause her route is really good (and really yuri) despite her not being that great outside of the route. Similar to Uzuki in that both are best girls in their own route and have some of the best stories but not that important outside of their own routes.

I really liked how much Yasumi is around the entire route and you basically interact with her nearly the entire time. Makes the yuri better. The princess and knight elements in Yasumi/Nami/Uzuki's Routes make them all really good.
>>
>>2434507
I completely agree with you, that's a great way of putting it.
>>
>>2434507
Yasumi's jealous behavior outside of her route is also pretty cute. She wasn't my favorite (Natsu-neesan really activates my almonds) but I liked her a lot.
Honestly only Kohaku disappointed. Migiwa isn't the type of girl I usually go for but she put up a strong showing too, really liked the bants.

I really need to get around to reading Akai Ito. Back when I read Aoi Shiro ('09?) my toaster PC couldn't emulate its way out of paper bag.
>>
>>2434600
Aoi Shiro is my personal favorite but I think that Akai Ito is more "yuri" and the routes are more explicitly romantic
>>
>>2429366
I think it's partly because of a "hot babysitter" appeal
>>
>>2434600
>The route we're you breast feed her blood.
>The route we're Osa becomes a sub.
>The biggest badass in the game
Bad taste anon.
>>2434601
Akaiito is better then Aoishiro. Aoishiro is great, but Akaiito is amazing.
>>
>>2434605
That seems to be the consensus, but I just prefer Aoi Shiro more. I like Syouko a lot more as a protagonist and I prefer AS's setting.
>>
File: char_yumei.jpg (64 KB, 285x400)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trb-abtfA3w

I think everyone can agree Yumei's character song is beautiful. (It's sung through Yumei's perspective, about her undying love and loyalty to Kei.)

It becomes heavenly at 4:52.

I don't ship her with Kei, but you're one hell of a character to come to her rescue every five seconds even when it aint you're route, and your half dead.
>>
>>2434605
Kohaku's relationship with Yasuhime was very beautiful too
>>
File: DH88shf.jpg (5 KB, 131x188)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2434611
I think they we're lovers.
>>
>>2434608
>>2434608
Aoishiro was received quite...mixly by the Japanese, in comparison to Akaiito, which is a yuri classic over there. It's funny. In the West it's regarded mostly as an exceptional, if slightly inferior sequel to Akaiito. Wonder why it was received better here.
>>
File: 54365575765fdgfdgdfgfd.png (793 KB, 767x554)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
>>2434615
I think so too. I wish they revived Yasuhime in the routes Kohaku doesn't get Osa
>>
File: gay.png (526 KB, 646x506)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>
File: 23523523efef.png (847 KB, 788x590)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
Best face
>>
>>2434619
Because Akaiito hadn't been fully translated. Moon illiterates can only play Aoishiro during the drought of decent yuri games, and few did Akaiito using translation machine, so they will claim the former is the best thing ever. There's very little people who was fluent enough to finish Akaiito on their own.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2434625
Why does she hate Nami so much? Shes adorable (And gets the only Yuri end...)
>>
File: aoishiro2.jpg (441 KB, 800x600)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>2434627
>Implying both aren't masterpieces.
>>
>>2434628
Zawacchi is a very jealous girl.
>>
Will this retarded aoishiro vs akaiito rivalry last forever?
>>
>>2434643
I don't get it either anon, they're both great yuri VNs
>>
Fun fact: Ayashiro's actress did some medical consulting stuff for Nurse Love Addiction (she's a pharmacist).
>>
>>2434650
That's really cool!

>Reminding us that we WILL NEVER get an Ayashiro route.
She's so perfect. (A closest lolicon if I recall)
>>
>>2434643
Is there a reason why we can't like one more? At the very least, most people who play the games love both. There's just one that they prefer.
>>
Akai Ito, Aoi Shiro, all we're missing is Midori Kuro

I think out of the two I prefer Akai Ito mainly due to the ships in there, but Aoi Shiro was a good game as well.
>>
>>2434680
You know the Shiro part of Aoi Shiro doesn't mean white, right?
>>
>>2434686
The names are really awesome. Blue Castle and Red String. Very simple, but they have insane story significance.
>>
......Steam versions when?
>>
>>2434692
Yeah, I thought their comment about 'Midori Kuro' was just super weird.
>>
File: Aoi.Shiro.full.717954.jpg (2.9 MB, 2441x3485)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
The OTP
>>
File: 11485044.jpg (687 KB, 1500x1060)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>2434712
Absolutely.
>>
File: 11484495.jpg (901 KB, 1500x1060)
901 KB
901 KB JPG
>>
I just finished the other routes and I'm about to do Nami's for the first time. How gay is it compared to the others?
>>
>>2434716
It's the gayest.
>>
>>2434722
Wow, really? Gayer than Migiwa's?
>>
>>2434724
I won't spoil anything but I think so, yes. The ending is really what seals the deal.
>>
>>2434726
Cool, looking forward to it then
>>
>>2434722
Well I'm halfway through Nami's route for the first time and Syouko is really gaying it up in her internal monologues. It's a nice change from some of the other routes which are gay as hell but kind of devoid of that sort of self-awareness and internal reflection. You didn't lie anon
>>
>>2437739
>The feeling you get when you're favorite girl in the series gets fucking two routes.
It's pretty weird (and to be frank really creepy) that the only girls Shouko seems to be romantically interested in is the fucking loli, and the creepy cross dresser who wanted to carve her up with her sword.
>>
>>2442002
>creepy cross dresser
Who?
>>
Played through Uzuki's route for the first time in four years. (I really wish I could play the games blind again...) Is it just me...or is Uzuki really, really possessive of Kei? I've heard people compare her to Homura, and i'm started to see it. Especially compared to Yumei, whose one of the purest characters in the series. Still an awesome character, but she seems alot creepier.

Best ending in Akaito is the when we're Uzuzki kills Kei, and commits ritual seppuku to write a red string (an..AKAIITO) for the two of them to be eternally together in the afterlife. So tragic and romantic....
>>
File: 40127494_p0_master1200.jpg (303 KB, 600x600)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>2442003
Kohaku wears the clothes of a Japanese nobleman, and conducts herself in a male mannerism. (She was a decoy for her brother after all)
>>
>>2442007
Uzuki best girl
>>
>>2442002
A protagonist we can all finally self insert as!
>>
Just booted up Aoishiro and got a surprise.
Apparently it's Syouko's birthday.
>>
>>2445331
Same. I have Kaya for my menu voices.
>>
>>2445331
>>2445451
Such a cool feature....It even fucking tracks the point if Nami can speak or not.

Fucking Shouko told me to go to fucking sleep because it's late. Crazy.
>>
File: 121.png (145 KB, 1073x66)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>2409835
>>2409845
Just checked the artbook and p121 says it's an April Fools' Illustration. Tried to look into "Kokujou" and found http://toppoi.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-228.html. Apparently it's a short VN (demo?) which takes place 60 years before the incidents in Akai Ito, featuring Sakuya, Emiko,
秋田さん (Akita?)
大伴三平(酒屋のオッさん, dunno how to read it nor who it is)、
and Senba Kagetomo(?), (who cut the head off from the Asama chief).

Also, just finished all Akai Ito true routes. I really prefer that game over Aoishiro although both are great. Akai Ito just has more likeable characters and no food discussions.
>>
File: Akai.Ito.full.758113.jpg (1.68 MB, 2560x1600)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>2446275
>Aoishiro fangirls like to pretend people like the other game more because less people have played it.
Aoishiro is an excellent VN, but yeah, Akaiito is a good deal better. Don't know why. Seems more ethereal, and I prefer it's melancholic atmosphere based on the hour of twilight, and dreams.
>>
Akaiito and Aoishiro are weirdly some of the only Yuri works whose male characters I really like (Balor and the Monk are awesome) I wonder why...
>>
>>2433993
>multiple variations of the same story
They're distinct enough. You can see how Kei's decisions lead her to get closer to one char and not the other in each route. It's not like she's fickle so why would it make it shallow? Information is withheld in some routes and not in others but whatever. Yours is one fucking moronic stroke.

Your loss.
>>
>>2442007
Not sure if it survived the translation but the ending title is a play on words, as Uzuki's sword is named Ito. The title? Akai Ito (Literally red Ito, as in Ito covered in blood)
>>
>>2447978
If they made an alternate version of Nanoha where she makes different choices and justifiedly ends up hooked with Hayate, would you like it?
Would you watch a Hibiki x Chris retelling of Symphogear if it expanded the story?

I suppose you would, but I sure as heck wouldn't.
Why? Because the Nanoha/Hibiki/etc... I became fond of is the one that lived through certain experiences and fell in love with a specific soulmate.
I realize that, logically speaking, it's just another story to enjoy with a character that looks and acts the same, but I just can't hit the reset button on something I've felt strongly about.

Basically there's a difference in how we enjoy this kind of stories; that doesn't mean one of us has to be wrong, why must every dissent become an argument?
>>
>>2447997
No it means you're a fucking idiot.

All kinds of VN's have different romantic girls for each route you play. Yuri VN's are no different. All those things you mention are ANIME, this is a visual novel. Of course the structure is different. A visual novel quite well known for the amount of choices you get What you want each route focused on the same girl? It gets boring. Don't blame the game for you're poor judgement and tastes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1440x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Hmmmm i'm surprised these two games are so popular here. Their atmospheric as all hell barely aged, and they have good horror/mystery aspects, but the romance is...lacking? The only exceptions being the Yumei, Uzuki, and Nami (which are highly romantic and very texty) route, their pretty medicore when it comes to that. Great in alot of other aspect, but I would assume the lacking romance would be a deal breaker.
>>
>>2448115
When did I blame the game? I explicitely said I'm not condemning it, I'm just explaining my reception of it, and yet you act like you feel threatened whenever someone disagrees with you.
Many people are bound not to like what you like, get over it.

Actually, why do I even try? Guess you eventually did make me feel like a fucking idiot, though for an entirely different reason.
Carry on.
>>
File: ao-aka.jpg (97 KB, 643x480)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Does anyone like the main pairings (the ones in all the art box arts) the best? Can't go wrong with Kei X Yumei, and Nami X Osa!
>>
>>2448205
There isn't that many translated full length yuri VNs. There's even less that are of decent quality. Personally, I agree that the romance was lacking and not that great but I can see how others see it as best of the bunch since there isn't much options for English speaking yuri fans.
>>
File: vintage.jpg (873 KB, 1600x1200)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
>>
File: Hatou.Kei.full.728980.jpg (1.28 MB, 2447x3473)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Personally, I love the romance. The many love confessions make my heart flutter and declarations of protection are a thousand times romantic then the meaningless sex in the Sono series.
>>
File: 1506834649770.png (174 KB, 389x404)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>2446275
>Apparently it's a short VN (demo?) which takes place 60 years before the incidents in Akai Ito
Good job finding the info
>>
>>2446275
A prequel VN? It's probably bittersweet, I think Sakuya was in love with Kei's grand mother who abandoned her for a man.
>>
>"I want to show her how much I love her....which I can only do at night..."
Kei is not so innocent. This happened.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Is there any piece of western fiction that shows as much enthusiasm about food as this series?
>>
>>2450126
The writer certainly has a food fetish.

While they really go way too far with it in Aoishiro, the food porn was already in Akaiito (With Kei and her stupid salty food).
>>
>>2450129
I don't know if this writer is the only one. I just read some japanese fanfic (not about aoishiro or akaiito) and it had more food talk than I expected. The author even talked a bit about the "itadakimasu/gochisousama" thing. Also, it seems japanese people on twitter love posting pictures of food.
>>
>>2447997
If it required multiple playthroughs for me to learn about the character and eventually grow to like them, sure. You're assuming I'd be against it just because nanoha x fate is the otp, but nothing is hidden from you as a viewer when you watch a TV show. It's inherently different from a VN, especially one as massively horizontally branched as Akaiito.

If it was a VN where any route order wouldn't affect your overall experience, I would not object as strongly to you doing what you did. I'd think it was a shame that you're skipping so much content, but at least you got to appreciate that one route. But in Akaiito, the developers chose to lock the route for a reason. They deemed that you would only be able to appreciate certain routes after learning of certain information from another route. It's like if you jumped straight into (Akaiito secret locked route. You wouldn't mind now, would you?) nozomi's route that details her backstory before you even go through routes where she's the villain. How would you be able to appreciate the revelations there?
>>
File: 3947649_p0.jpg (699 KB, 1024x1015)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
https://www.animelyrics.com/game/akaiito/itsukanohikari.htm

>During the middle of our journey home
>I suddenly turned towards her
>The shadows that stretched out from the two of us Combined into one and was burned into my mind
>Your profile is dyed in the light of the setting sun
>Watching you, I am also bathed in red
>The promise we exchanged is held dear in my heart
>Everything is like a fleeting bubble. Even if it is like an ephemeral dream
>The warmth in my chest was definitely real
>Because some day, the light will wrap itself around me

It's Yumei's image song. After hearing such raw, romantic emotions for her cousin, would Uzukifags, and Sakuyafags still insist that Yumei is not the only one who truly deserves Kei?
>>
>>2450771
Does anybody happen to have that CD? I keep coming back to scouring the internet for it and I've never had luck, but I don't know how to search in Japanese very well so that's probably the issue.
>>
>>2450835

https://mega.nz/#!9UB2wCII!lH3qT_QoDHlww2CH0sFjwCgmlvAMbOCQCBKUvM7b1Jk
just for you anon.
>>
>>2451134
I will name my firstborn daughter 'Anonymous' in your honour.
>>
>>2450771
Kei deserves to have all 3 as her harem. Yumei is the calm and nurturing prince, Uzuki is the dashing and heroic prince, Sakuya is the wild and teasing prince.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.