[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

ITT: Youjo Senki yuri and writing a WH 40k/Youjo Senki crossover fan-fic

First order of business, how to start the fic?
Use the opening from the LN, but modify it to make Tanya be in the Imperium?
>>
>>2380745
>>
>>2380745
If you're keeping the modern Japan thing that works, but if you want to do all of it in 40k have her be imperium and then resurrected in chaos by one of the chaos gods.
>>
>>2380745
>>2380751
I think the idea is to keep the original origin story and substitute the not!ww1/ww2 german with the IoM at the same period that w40k lore has been stuck on forever.

Like last thread I suggested that Being X would be a Daemon of Tzeentch that had access to Tanya's original universe and decides to reincarnate her in the 40k universe for her atheism. Using one of the big four just seems like horrifically unfair to Tanya as an adversary and Being X doesn't feel nearly as powerful or competent as any of them, much less many other higher up beings in the Warp.
>>
>>2380745
>>2380786

I still think Tanya would be best suited as a commissar exactly like Ciaphas Cain. Also, I second the motion of Being X being a Lord of Change playing around. Course you can also throw in the Big I investigating her everyone now and then for Chaos taint through her interactions with the LoC, but will never find anything concrete enough or will have something much more important intervene, giving her some respite.

Also, Tanya and Viktoriya is an amazing couple, even though I didn't see much closeness in the anime. Is this one of those where the LN/manga has it more fleshed out?
>>
>>2380786
>Being X related to Tzeentch
I like the notion of him being a third party both/all factions hate. Really allows for Tanya to get her revenge beyond the generic IoM vs Chaos.
>>
>>2380807
Commissar is too low on the totem pole overall and too outside of the usual power structures they run with for Tanya to have much freedom to pursue her revenge and demonstrate her talents. Also I don't think psykers can be commissars, and it fits to make her one.

So making her an Inquisitorial acolyte gives her a great deal of freedom whilst still keeping a sword over her head from her superiors to over achieve. It also lets her interact with a great variety of people within the Imperium and better get away with focusing on Chaos and having enough authority to not be immediately obligated to shoot every xeno she sees unless a superior tells her to.
>>2380812
You say that like the other factions of chaos don't almost automatically hate each other and that there is a possibility that Tzeentch wouldn't treat Being X like a pawn to be sacrificed.

Also i can't think of anything else Being X could be.
>>
>>2380816
>anything else Being X could be
How about something from Tanya's universe? It doesn't have to be a direct equivalent into the 40k verse. It could be like Tanya, though unlike Tanya, it isn't granted the luxury of slipping in easily because of what the Being is. Then of course you could have Tzeentch play up extending a hand in friendship to stab it in the back like the pawn Tzeentch views it as
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 98.jpg (150 KB, 1200x900)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>2380854
While I do like this idea, It was argued to me that it would be better to not do this.
Personally, I would have it so that Tzeentch hijacked Being X's attempt to reincarnate Tanya(male) to use her to fuck over chaos. Because remember: Tzeentch doesn't WANT Chaos to win. If Chaos wins, then chaos becomes order. If Chaos wins, then it's the end. Everything goes stagnant. He won't LET this happen. If ever Chaos gets too close to an actual victory, Tzeentch will fuck his OWN side over to keep the game going.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 95.jpg (633 KB, 1200x1200)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
>>2380865
So, does anyone have the original intro text from the LN? I'm going to need that to be able to modify it to suit our needs.
>>
>>2380865
I was thinking that the Emps would get in on this once Tanya got soul-bound for being a Psyker.

Could be interesting to have someone with godly power backing Tanya to some degree.
>>
>>2380875
Could be, though the sell on her being an inquisitor last thread was pretty good. Won me over to the idea.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 25.jpg (173 KB, 800x1000)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>2380875
I would that the Emperor was involved, but only AFTER Tzeentch brought Tanya into the Imperium. For instance: she gets born at just the right time, at just the right place, to have a shard of the Emperor's fragmented soul to bind itself to her, making her a living saint.

>>2380877
I'm going to make her an Inquisitorial Acolyte first. She will be the Inquisition's version of Ciaphas Cain. (And be one of the few Inquisitors that the Vlka Fenrika actually like.)
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 4.jpg (885 KB, 3307x4677)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
>>2380866
Okay. I've got the original text in a transcript. I'll start editing it for the setting tomorrow.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 62.jpg (152 KB, 822x1034)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>2380885
What Segmentum should be her birthplace, and what should the world-name/station name be?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 19.jpg (404 KB, 1200x900)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>2381335
I'm thinking Segmintum Obscuras on an Inquisitorial ship.
>>
File: 40kmap.jpg (2.06 MB, 4000x3401)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>2381337
For those who don't know the 40k map:
>>
>>2381335
Krieg for maximum Joimany

But I personally think Cadia before its destruction or Armageddon will be a more fitting place, considering its state of constant warfare

Due to Tanya's views on collateral damage, she should have several run ins with spehss wolves and salamanders
>>
>>2381337

Voidborn? I'm cool with that, keeps her from being involved or associated with the more well known places. She's gonna be a psyker right? If so, I'm guessing she would end up being an Alpha or Alpha+ to justify her being part of a retinue at such a young age, and Viktoryia would be her bodyguard/ watcher to ensure she doesn't get corrupted.

Also, what order is she going to be with? Definitely not Malleus, if she is to have constant (unwanted) contact with a daemon.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 27.jpg (456 KB, 846x1200)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>2381342
We're making her an Inquisitor, and the likelihood of her surviving long enough to get taken from Cadia is too low. Armageddon... I don't know. I don't like it.

>>2381343
She wants to kill Being X, and I'm going with the suggestion of making Being X a Lord of Change. It fucks with the original canon more, but it makes the conflict between her and Being X more doable. She will probably Ordo Hereticus first, though. At least, the Inquisitor that she's going to be in the retinue of will be. She will probably go Ordo Malleus later.
Viktoriya will be a Valhallian Storm Trooper. (Still the daughter of a minor noble, but that's why she got to be a Storm Trooper).
We can go with Viktoriya being her minder/bodyguard, though. I like it too.

What should the ship's name be, and what class, then...
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 97.jpg (273 KB, 847x1200)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>2381352
4,545,986,M41; Segmentum Obscuras, Near Cadia; Dictator Class Cruiser “Light of the Emperor”
Birth date and location. I've modified most of the opening bit, but I still have a little ways to go before I will feel that I can start making 100% original work.
>>
>>2381343
Another idea for one of Viktoriya's roles was that she'd use her noble background to let the inquisitorial retinue into noble parties and such undercover, with Tanyha acting as her fiance of an arranged marriage that had yet to go through due to her age.

Not sure if that got finalized as an idea, but I still like it.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 31.png (967 KB, 1462x2524)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
>>2381365
I like it too, but it's not a good idea. A minor noble from Valhallia isn't going to get them anywhere almost anywhere. Also, the thought that that would work is pretty ridiculous. I mean, really. Tanya would be more prestigious than Viktoriya. (Being an OP psycher and the child of some heroes of the Imperium, recently killed by "Ork sharp-shooters")
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 1.jpg (78 KB, 600x708)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2381365
I'm going with: They went to the Schola Progenium together.
>>
>>2380745
Does Tanya even acts like a girl in the actual LN or it's always a middle aged guy in little girl body logic who never accepts of being a girl outcome?

Is he even attracted to females in the LN?
>>
>>2381370
>>2381372
The point of being undercover is to keep people from freaking the fuck out and doing something stupid because the Inquisition is in town. Much less the sort of infamous Imperial hero that Tanya is bound to end up as.

Also my research seems to point towards Tanya not being able to reasonably have met Viktoriya before they come together under Tanya's mentor Inquisitor due to how psykers are handled by the IoM and how they are trained. Which is to be shipped off to Terra, sorted by power level and capabilities, and trained to some extent by the Scholastica Psykana before assignment to some position, usually higher up the more powerful one is from what I can dig up.
>>
>>2381395
But Tanya isn't a Psyker I thought. She's becoming an Inquisitor
>>
>>2381397
One can be both. They aren't mutually exclusive positions. All you gotta do is be deemed powerful and in control enough to get assigned to the Inquisition by the Scholastica Psykana and work you way up to a full inquisitor under the training of your master.

example:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gideon_Ravenor
>>
>>2381405
I suppose. Sounds like we should compile the agreed upon ideas for OP and others' sake.
>>
>>2381392
He was het before Being X fucked him over, so yes, She likes girls sexually. Eventually, she does accept being a girl.
It's not a middle aged man, it's a tactician. A girl could develop the exact same personality rather easily.

>>2381397
Tanya will be a Psyker, and Psykers are commonly Inquisitors as well.

>>2381395
Fair enough. Though the Schola Progenium also trains Psykers from what I remember.

>>2381407
Meh. I can just make shit up as I go and only use this for ideas.
Also: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2unBFTRcNHnHObmIQjYmmkO0QBo3rI_lhG7r1PV2FY/edit
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 5.png (778 KB, 723x1023)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
>>2381438
Forgot to also post a pic
>>
>>2381438
It's a rather different branch of the schola from what I can tell. Probably based on Terra.

Couldn't find too many details though.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Scholastica_Psykana#Scholastica_Psykana
>>
>>2381392
He eventually moves past being stuck in a little girl's body but is always the same middle aged guy acting like such.
>>
So who would Tanya meet first after all the things take for her to be on her own happen? Viktoriya or the Fenryka?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 45.jpg (133 KB, 900x840)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2382328
Viktoriya would be met first, as she would be introduced to her before her first field mission. (Viktoriya being there to help with the more violent issues that an Inquisitorial retinue will deal with, but mostly to guard Tanya.)

The Vlka Fenryka will be afterward, but "soon" afterward. (Warp travel is fickle like that.)

Aiding the Wolves of Fenris at Yggdrasill will be her first mission. Plenty of time to make friends with the local Werewolf Space Vikings.
>>
>>2382344

Would be nice to have an old Rune Priest take a shine to her and help her develop her powers more. It would also be a great way for her to be accepted by them, since of course the Wolves and Inquisition don't really like each other, to put it lightly.

>>2381438

Only a few pages, but seems to catch the spirit pretty well, and work as a good teaser. Are you going to post all there, or move it to a dedicated site?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 92.jpg (466 KB, 809x1200)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>2382418
The Vlka mostly hate the Inquisition when they're trying to kill innocents for no fucking reason, but yes, that was the plan.

It's literally a modified copy-paste of part of the first chapter of the LN. It'll be a little while before I can start making truly original work.
(See, I could we the next part of the chapter, as it's supposed to be somewhere else, but I refuse to do multi-focus stories. I hate reading them, I hate writing them. We only know what Tanya knows.)
>>
>>2382485
Somehow I feel like the Wolves' general hate for the Inquisition will grow a tick or two when they meet Tanya and learn she's really like 9 to 11ish and acolyting about, even if she's a filthy psyker.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 69.jpg (158 KB, 1200x918)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>2383982
For the Inquisition in general, yes, but NOT for Tanya.
>>
>>2384088
I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Also read through what's on the doc currently. Rather liking it despite my usual distaste for 1st person.
>>
>>2384115
What I'm doing is modifying the original text of the LN to fit the setting until Tanya is old enough to actually do something. The farther we go, the more I'll be re-writing it. Eventually, the only things that will go from the LN will be flashbacks, but even then, they will be rare. The only reason why we have the ones that are at the beginning here is that they are necessary for the plot and so forth.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 21.jpg (131 KB, 1125x822)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>2384129
forgot ta pic.
>>
>>2384129
>>2384130
I'm curious about what ages you'll have Tanya doing stuff at before she ends up in the military.

Tanya discovering she's a psyker and the whole soul binding ritual and the testing beforehand seem like they'd be a great read.
>>
File deleted.
>>2384146
It'd be a long series of me writing about how she was tortured to make sure that she was pure of Chaos taint. I would prefer to NOT write that.
I will be writing a condensed version that doesn't go into too much detail, but I'm not going to write much more about it than necessary.
(I'm not even joking. The majority of the training of a psyker is torture.)
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 15.jpg (65 KB, 600x800)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2384347
Fuck. Wrong pic.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 99.jpg (101 KB, 1200x900)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
So, what should Tanya's stats be?
I'm using Dark Heresy 2nd Edition rules and will be rolling to see if she can do things.
Weapon's Skill:
Ballistic Skill:
Strength:
Toughness:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Perception:
Willpower:
Fellowship:
Influence:

For the DH 2nd edition core book: mega:#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
>>
>>2384889
Not so sure that mucking about with dice is such a good idea. You'd be better off just writing the plot and not worrying so much about such things.

However if you want a good ballpark for her stats, just basing it off her animu appearances is probably good enough. Though i'm fairly certain that her equipment starting out would be rather different from what she had as a soldier for the Empire so I'm not sure if her weapon skills would translate perfectly.
>>
>>2384889
Worry about stats later, like when her group is formed and stuff.
>>
>>2384914
I want to get them out of the way sooner, rather than later.

>>2384912
I think that it makes things more interesting if you roll as though your story is someone playing an RPG. Makes it more possible to fail and not be retardedly over powered by accident.

I'm not sure what those stats would be, though, so I'm asking all of you.
Some number between 27 and 100. (Perhaps leave the Influence off for now. I'll deal with that myself.)
But, yeah. At least choose the importance of each one between 1 and 9 (1 being the most important ect.)
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 34.jpg (375 KB, 900x1200)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>2385092
>>
>>2385092
Fine, just keep in mind that stats shouldn't dictate how it turns out for everything. Going off the original work, wouldn't Willpower, Perception, and Intelligence be her highest three?
>>
>>2385268
I agree, but I'm really not sure how high I should make them. The standard is usually ~30-40 for a starting character, so maybe make Willpower ~50-60?
>>
>>2385289
I guess it would depend on what age OP's going to use at the actual start. High fifties sounds good for willpower. Maybe low fifties, 50, or very high forties for perception, and intelligence. Mid forties for fellowship. Only thing I could see being ordinary are the fighting skills excluding toughness
>>
>>2385268
Her agility is also fairly good, though I'm not sure how much of that is attributable to her gear.

I think her weakest stats are her toughness and strength, though they both seem to be roughly average for an adult despite her frame. Though I would give her disadvantages for her size that lead to her ending up in positions where she can't get any leverage.
>>
>>2385313

>Though I would give her disadvantages for her size that lead to her ending up in positions where she can't get any leverage.

Or having to reach things up high, but then that is what Viktoryia is for, as well as tactical piggy-back rides.
>>
>>2385373
Tactical piggy-back rides are probably better left to the Wolves, as I doubt they'd even notice Tanya's weight on them.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 87.jpg (147 KB, 797x573)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>2385308
>>2385313
>>2385373
Thanks for the input. I'm probably going to have her start at ~11 or 12

>>2385374
They wouldn't, no. I'm not sure as to the necessity outside of quick transportation across a battle. Most people want to not be near a psyker while they're doing anything.
>>
>>2385428
The tactical part of the tactical piggyback ride is knowing when to and when to not let the occult accident waiting to happen ride on your back.
>>
>>2385428
>>2385437
Could always be Viktoryia and Tanya running to try and prevent/defend something and Viktoryia goes for the piggyback to be faster because the thing they need to reach in time is really important.
>>
>>2385428
>>2385437
>>2385453

Regardless of the reason, a tactical piggyback ride needs to happen
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 101.jpg (1.12 MB, 1657x2048)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>2385428
This isn't dead, I swear.
Some stuff happened and I got distracted from it.
>>
>>2387993
Fair enough.

Gotta say I'm curious as to how you'll be handling Tanya's other subordinates who actually have names and her superiors and other contacts from the original series. Cus I've been having a think and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the shit that goes on in the animu can be translated rather easily to 40k and there are some important relations with her superiors that ought to be considered. Like how Rerugen thinks she's super dangerous
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 100.jpg (1.33 MB, 2190x1507)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>2388095
In the Imperium, if your superior in the INQUISITION thinks that you're that dangerous, then you die. That's the end of it. They would declare you a heretic, and BLAM you on the spot with no ceremony to it. No trial, no making sure, just an execution.

Especially if said suspect is a PSYKER, and not even an inquisitor yet. The only bits from the original that I'm keeping are the first chapter (prologue) and Tanya, Viktoriya, and Mary Sue, because the name is retarded and hilarious. The rest are getting scrapped and replaced with different characters. Some will act in a similar fashion, but will essentially all be different characters.

At the same time, if Rerugen were an Imperial Inquisitor, he would have no problems with Tanya. His complaint is her efficiency and how she views soldiers and numbers from what he can tell. The kind of monster that he sees her as in the series is the kind of person that the Inquisition longs for. They love that kind of person.
>>
>>2388112
Rerugen wouldn't need to be an Inquisitor, merely someone who works under Tanya's inquisitor who outranks her but has his objections overruled by the Inquisitor in charge. Also the radicalness of an Inquisitor and what philosophies they hold themselves to and to what degree that do so is rather important when considering the behavior of Inquisitors. So the perceived potential danger Tanya may be to the Imperium isn't an automatic death sentence for Tanya, especially if she's believed to be worth the risk andor sufficiently under control of herself or under the control of the her superiors. With what lengths people are willing to allow Tanya to grow being up to how radical the people watching her are that can actually do something about it and how well she does her job.

At least that's how I understand things.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 61.jpg (172 KB, 600x957)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2388134
>Rerugen wouldn't need to be an Inquisitor, merely someone who works under Tanya's Inquisitor who outranks her
An Inquisitorial Apprentice outranks everyone other than an actual Inquisitor without an Inquisitor's orders. Unless an Inquisitor specifically ordered Tanya to be under a non-Inquisitors command, she'd be in charge.

>the perceived potential danger Tanya may be to the Imperium isn't an automatic death sentence
All Inquisitors are religious fanatics. That's in the Job Description. While many are still able to think rationally, if a threat to the Imperium were to be found, it would be destroyed ASAP. Unless, of course, the Inquisitor was a heretic, which does happen on occasion.

At the same time, accusing an Inquisitorial apprentice of heresy without reasonable evidence is heresy and gets you a summary execution. There may be an investigation afterward, but most of the time voicing concerns of such a nature as that will get you BLAMed.
>>
>>2388148
From my looking into things, the way you're describing the Inquisition largely fits in with the puritan philosophy and how such inquisitors would act and view others.

Radicals tend to fit into what I've been describing that differs from what you've been saying.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Inquisition#Philosophies

The different philosophies within the inquisition are quite the read. Given what Tanya has expressed in the animu, I feel like she'd be quite the supporter of a number of radical philosophies.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 70.jpg (120 KB, 601x1199)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2388328
Any particular philosophies that you had in mind?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 78.jpg (132 KB, 900x1200)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>2388328
From what I'm seeing, I'd go with a minor form of the Xenos Hybrids and the Recongregationists.
>>
>>2388598
>>2388601
That and I think she'd rather like the polypskana and some form of Thorianism (casophillian maybe?). Though her views on these seem the most likely to be affected by how her soul-binding oges and her relationship with the Emps.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 77.jpg (98 KB, 790x1024)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>2388605
No. The Emperor would be against that, and Tanya is an atheist and doesn't believe in Buddhism.
>>
>>2388623
Neither of those things have anything to do with buddhism. Thoriansim is a philosophy of the Inquisition with many subsets that has to do with rezzing the Emps and polypskana is about turning mankind into a wholly psychic race.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 82.jpg (75 KB, 519x519)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>2388631
"Wholly psychic" = warp-based
Do you think that either Tanya or the Emperor would want Humanity to become like the Space elves? Or Chaos Daemons?

The Emperor will rez himself once the throne goes down, and they're pretty retarded, just like their radical equivalents.
>>
>>2388699
There is indication that mankind going full psychic is something that is happening by itself and is also part of the Emp's endgame.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 32.jpg (98 KB, 637x483)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>2388712
Where?! He wants to KILL chaos and the Warp! Not turn Humanity into fucking Chaos SpawAHGJEIOVPNSUIE
>>
>>2388746
Mastering the Warp is the second half of humanity's future and to do so they must become a fully psychic race. Combine this mastery with a recovered STC and a rebuilt human webway and humanity wins. Full stop.

What the Emperor was worried about was the corrupting nature of Chaos and that a fully psychic race of humanity couldn't work out if they couldn't be trusted to fuck everything over like the Eldar did. Which is why he threw religion out a window.
>>
>>2388598

She herself would be Puritan, considering how she likes to follow the rules and chain of command, and more specifically Amalathian, how there is a big scheme and doesn't feel people should try and act to advance it or against it.

Of course, this is also dependent on the Inquisitor she works under at first, and can change completely during her career, much like Eisenhorn.
>>
>>2388855
The problem i see with making her an Amalathian is that they are too tied to the status quo and waiting for the Emps to act. She may present herself as such, as being accused of being a radical is in some way just short of being accused of being a heretic, but her actions and thinking speak towards having a lot more sympathy for the radical philosophies previously mentioned. Especially the ones that the OP picked out.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 42.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>2388760
As I said, the Emperor would never have that in mind, as Humanity could never be trusted.
At the same time, the Eldar weren't even religious. They simply knew how to manipulate the warp. They created new gods and destroyed old ones on a regular basis.

>>2388855
I can't see Tanya going for Amalathianism. It's not only too status quo, as >>2388871 points out, but there's also the fact that Tanya would see the rot and decay that has already accumulated in the Imperium, and it would set her Efficiency OCD off of the deep end. She would do everything that she could to reorganize and make more efficient everything that she could.
Also, the Status Quo is stagnation, and stagnation leads to death. This is what Nurgle wants, and while Nurgle is a pretty cool guy as far as the Chaos Gods are concerned, he's still one of the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>2388934
The thing is that Humanity is going to become a psychic race. The Emps can't ignore that, and what I've found suggests that he's actually for it. All he needs to do is dodge the mistakes of the Eldar.

Though I'm not too sure of what of the Emp's general plans we know for sure aside from what I could gather off of the w40k wikis and /tg/'s wiki. Might have to dig up a bigger fa/tg/uy than I to get specifics.
>>
>>2388934

Oh yeah, I forgot about her deal with efficiency. Good thing she'll be with the Big I, cause I can see her not getting many friends in the Mechanicus or Administratum with that type of attitude.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.jpg (866 KB, 900x1200)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>2388937
How do you figure? The only reason why psykers exist is due to the influence of the Warp, and the Emperor wants to kill the Warp. That is his reason for being: Keep Humanity Safe From Chaos.

>>2388939
It depends on who she talks to. If she figures out a way to improve efficiency without them needing to take the time to learn an entirely new system then she would probably only be thanked by most members of the Administratum. The Mechanicus is more touchy, but as an inquisitor, she is the arm of the Emperor and can force them to change if need be, or they're Hereteks and need to be eradicated.

As an aside, can anyone translate the comic that I'm about to post?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.2.jpg (340 KB, 900x1200)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>2388946
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.3.jpg (696 KB, 900x1200)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>2388948
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.4.jpg (545 KB, 900x1200)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>2388949
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.5.jpg (561 KB, 900x1200)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
>>2388950
>>
>>2388946
The Emps doesn't want to kill the warp, that's completely impossible and his biggest project, the human webway, also depends on the warp existing. He wants to kill Chaos.

Which is also equally impossible, but reducing it's influence on humanity is much more doable, and his stance on religion is part of that.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.6.jpg (568 KB, 900x1200)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>2388951

>>2388952
Chaos IS the Warp. The Warp IS Chaos. They are one in the same.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 18.7.jpg (358 KB, 900x1200)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>2388954
>>
>>2388954
Nothing I've read indicates that the two are synonymous. The warp was once the realm of souls until the War in Heaven fucked everything over and then the Eldar fucked a hole between the now named warp and the material world.

It is still the reflection of all emotion and thought. Chaos, daemons and the Chaos gods are merely products of literally everyone in the universe being a gigantic asshole.

Granted this makes differentiating between the two kinda meaningless to some degree. However it is important to know as Emperor still needs the warp for his plans. Namely the Human Webway, which has to be built in the warp like the one the Eldar use that was built by the Old Ones. The only other option for FTL anything is to try the necron method of super sciencing the shit out of reality, and I have no clue how that compares to well done warp travel.
>>
>>2388946
>can anyone translate the comic that I'm about to post?
I could take a crack at some of it. Not that great on kanji though, so some of it might be beyond me. Also not that proficient in English so sorry in advance.

>>2388948
Top - T: Farewell
Btm left - V: ...What an awful dream...

>>2388949
Top - sfx: *Hugs tightly*
Mid - T:...Second Lieutenant, I don't think this is a very efficient way of moving around.
Btm Right - T: Honestly, did something happen?
Btm Left - T: Please loosen your hands, Second Lieutenant Serebryakov...! I have other matters to attend to.

>>2388950
Top Right - V: *Sobs*
Top Mid - T: A...?! Are you crying...?! Was I being too harsh just now?!
Top Left - V: ...I'm sorry... It's because... I saw a very awful dream last night......

Mid 1 - T: ...So a nightmare got you this scared? Oh dear, I thought I was supposed to be the childish one.
T: ...Really now, what kind of dream caused you to be in such a state?

Mid 2 - V: ...A dream... where you died... Major.

Btm: T: ...Release me, Second Lieutenant Serebryakov

>>2388951
Top Right - V: Excuse my behavior
Top Left - T: What a ridiculous dream.

Btm Right - T: Who do you think I am?
Btm Left 1 - V: You are <Can't translate the first 2 lines> Major Tanya von Degurechaf
T: Well spoken.
Btm Left 2 - As long as this war is not over, don't expect me to die so easily anytime soon.

>>2388954
Top - T: Also that dream is inaccurate.
T: There's no way I would die before you.

Mid Right - V: That... You're right. Please excuse my unsightly behavior
Mid Left - T: Second Lieutenant Serebryakov... hunch down a bit.
V: ? Like this...?!

Btm - T: ...Rest easy. When we die, it will be together.

>>2388955
Top - T: Well, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do everything in our power to survive either.

Btm - V: Of course, Major... Together!!
TL note: Well that was sweet af.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 20.jpg (461 KB, 1200x900)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>2388978
The three Chaos Gods existed before the Old Ones and will continue to long after the Imperium is gone. The Warp has always been Chaos, it's just that it got more fucked up due to the War in Heaven. The Eldar birthing Slaanesh is a rather recent event.

The reason for the Human Webway was to pop in on the Eldar and kill them all at a later date and to find the Black Library.

The Necron method is infinitely superior to trying to use the Warp. Also, from what I know, what they do is proper warp travel: bend the universe and make a whole between two points that are now much closer together due to the warping of Space-Time.

>>2389165
Thanks for the translation! (Now to see about getting it type-set...)
>>
Rip OP.
>>
>>2392393

Hopefully he isn't kill, just busy.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 26.jpg (237 KB, 1200x900)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>2392394
I'm only kill on the inside, but that isn't new. I've never been good about actually finishing projects that aren't directly for work, but I'm trying. Just don't let the threads die and keep telling me to get to work whenever you see them on page 8 or so and It'll get done.
(Not having personal motivation to get something you want to be done done is a real bitch, isn't it?)
>>
>>2388939

The Mechanicus is pretty similar to the Inquisition in regards to diversity of philosophies.

Anyone who is sufficiently heterodox (but not to the point of heresy) and has enough personal power would just be urged to take their odd ideas elsewhere.

And at the top of the hierarchy, an Archmagos who (for example) wanted to break with tradition and treat his menials with respect in order to reap the benefits of non-slave labour might get odd looks, but is still the lord and master of entire forgeworlds - as long as the tithes are maintained, and the Omnissiah is praised, it isn't like he's experimenting with heretical science or anything.
>>
>>2393479
Really in general, once you get past the "HERESY!? BLAM!" part of the imperium, everything starts looking pretty neat.
>>
Is there any doujins of Tanya x Viktoriya? I know it is not a very popular pairing, but surely someone has made something? Also, bumping for more story eventually.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 52.jpg (207 KB, 500x500)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>2397020
I mean, if you count the short two or three page ones, then yeah. There are some.
Also, the one that I posted earlier that is translated here >>2389165

A two page one, also posted by me: >>2388148
>>2388598

Also, I thank you for your interest and will try to actually do something, but I found out that Dorei to no Seikatsu -Teaching Feeling- is semi-regularly updated, and have been playing that, or working, or reading manga, or fondling my guns, waiting for the ammo to ship so that I can into range time.

I also am at the point where I'm going to actually have to create my own story, and I'm not sure how to start that. In the LN it's Tanya im Norden acting as an artillery spotter, so I figured that it should be something to do with the Scholastia Psykana, but we know almost nothing about how that works. I know that it should be some amalgamation of Special Forces training, Shoulin Monk training, University, and most military basic training courses, but I don;t know what to do. I need to have Tanya doing something that earns her renown to get an Inquisitor interested in taking her into his entourage, but I don't know WHAT. I'm not well versed enough in philosophy, psychiatry, or military stratagems to be able to have her write a decent thesis paper. Tera is a safe place, so I can't really have her doing something in combat, really...

Sorry. I'm stuck. Any ideas before I procrastinate again due to lack of ideas?
(I mean, work isn't procrastination, but only because I get paid to do it.)
>>
>>2397616
>Any ideas before I procrastinate again due to lack of ideas?
Maybe something involving the warp/her powers. Although as you said, Terra is probably too safe for that. Showing her force of Will and control and turning a psyker mishap into an advantage somehow.
>>
>>2397616
Honestly I think her initial bit of renown should come out of her soul-binding turning out interesting and making it's way to the powers that be, which initially puts her on being very likely to being assigned to an inquisitor.

Also I would say that I would combine what >>2397618
said with some big show of faith. Like say there's a lapse in security that Tanya had been noticing and was writing a complaint about but then a fellow student flunks their perils of the warp roll really hard and Tanya ends up putting them down and making it out unscathed and untainted.
>>
Actually speaking of psyker powers, what is Tanya's specialty going to be if she tries to focus hard on one? Telekinesis would be my bet, if only for the shields that Tanya would absolutely love to have. With a healthy smatter of the others because you can't go wrong with having fire and lighting to throw at people or telepathy so you can do your fucking job of inquiring should you run into people who don't' shit themselves the second you show up.
>>
>>2397616

Oh, I'm aware of those doujins, I was referring to more of the lewd kind. The only ones on sad panda are mind-break rape ones of Tanya
>>
>>2398123
God dammit japan.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 101.jpg (971 KB, 1743x1350)
971 KB
971 KB JPG
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 102.jpg (969 KB, 1708x1596)
969 KB
969 KB JPG
>>2400871
So, until I get my useless ass in gear, how likely are Tanya and Visha to enjoy pet-play?
>>
>>2402309
Very unlikely.

Also i don't really think that would be a thing for the two. Though I could see various levels of casual and non-casual bondage going on. Like to the point where Viktoriya gets about as good as that one /u/nicorn's sub at doing housework.
>>
File: 61239895_p2_master1200.jpg (808 KB, 1200x987)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>
File: 63325369_p4_master1200.jpg (1.04 MB, 1200x900)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>
>>2402309

As >>2402321 said, I really don't see them going that extreme. Probably just carrying over the Superior officer/subordinate from public into private, just a lot more casual at it. Maybe some height bullying by Viktoryia as well.
>>
It's almost hard for me to see Tanya in a sexual/romantic way, because she's so single-mindedly focused on victory, destruction, and following the rules/doing what has to be done.

That said, her and Viktoria are pretty cute together. Is there more shipbait in the LN series? I was going to begin reading those.
>>
>>2402797
I think all that dedication and such is why we do the shipping. Cus Tanya deserves to find a little love after all the shit she's been through.
>>
>>2402961
>Cus Tanya deserves to find a little love after all the shit she's been through.
Agreed. I was actually surprised how much I sympathized with her struggle the entire time I watched the show. Especially in episodes 11, where she ahs that breakdown in the end.

I was surprised in general at how much I ended up liking the show/how good it ended up being. For what seems like an edgy, shitty premise, the show was actually pretty good.
>>
>>2402321
>>2402792
I am disappoint. I really REALLY like pet-play.
>>
>>2403009
I also really like pet play. I just don't see it as something they'd be into.

It's one-shot smutfic material at best for this pairing.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 100.jpg (1.07 MB, 1098x1464)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>2403025
Yeah...

>>2402797
>she's so single-mindedly focused on victory, destruction, and following the rules/doing what has to be done
She is focused on only the last one of those things. Tanya's primary motivation is acquiring a quiet cushy desk-job and having a peaceful life. That is Tanya's main motivation. She knows, however, that unless she destroyed Being X, then she will never GET that.
>>
File: 1495055667288.jpg (394 KB, 846x1200)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>2403025
Yeah i also think it would be more like this.
>>
>>2404041
Tanya being on top is always a plus.
>>
>>2404218

Was there any doubt she would be? Though I must say, maybe for a surprise on an anniversary or Viktoria's birthday they switch, and Tanya is the bottom instead. Though again that would be very rare.
>>
>>2403028
For someone who really wants a desk job, Tanya is rather good at killing and actually seems to enjoy a fair bit at times.

Also that your 40k fic gives Tanya a solid chance at actually being able to kill Being X is easily the most interesting part.
>>
>>2404218
I can't think of a time she wouldn't be on top, unless it's in a "sexual healing after a bad injury" thing
>>
>>2406752

I think it is more to the point where the only way she could get a comfy desk job is to ensure the Empire wins its wars, and so must keep fighting to ensure victory. This in turns leads to new wars, as was being foreshadowed at the end of the anime. Just as Being X planned
>>
>>2409825
I could see a near-death experience being a trigger for Tanya letting Victoriya top. Or perhaps their first time Victoriya tries to top initially but then gets flipped.
>>
>>2411978
>Or perhaps their first time Victoriya tries to top initially but then gets flipped.

>Tanya, I'm bigger so...shouldn't I be,uh, on top?
>Tanya breaks into some kind of military history lesson about Napolean as justification
>Victoriya doesn't get it
>Tanya just orders her as her superior
>>
>>2412009
I was thinking of a more, organic sort of event. Makeouts leading to the bed end with Viktoriya on top, but Tanya quickly flips things around when they stop for breath, to VIkoriya's half-hearted protests.

Also I very much doubt that Tanya would try to pull rank at all. She knows that's just an HR nightmare.
>>
File: 1502921565471.png (169 KB, 600x816)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
Bump for more/never ever
>>
>>2414404
>training wheels
10/10
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 107.jpg (349 KB, 960x640)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>2414404
I'm sorry. I'll try to actually write something tomorrow
>>
>>2414940
>>
>>2414944
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 109.jpg (395 KB, 800x1111)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
Well, I managed to get a start on the actually original content. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm scraping the "Tanya the Living Saint" idea for now. It doesn't really work in my opinion. It's too powerful for now, and a rank B psyker can kill a Lord of Change without the Emperor having to be there with them.
>>
>>2415986
Link to the story so far for those who don't want to get the already posted link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2unBFTRcNHnHObmIQjYmmkO0QBo3rI_lhG7r1PV2FY/
>>
>>2415986

Looks good. No idea where the "living saint" idea came from. I always assumed you'd write Tanya as just an extra-ordinarily powerful psyker, much like how she is an extra-ordinarily powerful magician in the source material.
>>
>>2415993
You've got quite a few typos from what I've seen thus far, but I am liking what I'm seeing.

Though I would seriously urge you the reconsider how you give Being X their name. The flow around that part is somewhat awkward.
>>
>>2416194
>No idea where the "living saint" idea came from.
Previous thread.
>>
>>2416194
I'd suggested it a couple of times, but assumed that it would be taken as something that would only happened towards the end game of the fic.
>>
>>2416324
>>2416320

Oh, didn't think it was more than just an idea being tossed around. End game sure, and would be wonderfully ironic, but it would be too OP for the main story.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 110.1.jpg (216 KB, 1000x883)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>2416318
That is almost exclusively from the prologue of the first volume of the LN. I've only changed some things to fit the setting more until the first scene on Holy Terra.
0,742,996,M41; Segmentum Solar, Holy Terra;
Is the beginning of the actual original content.
Everything else is a slightly modified text from the English translation of the Light Novel.

>>2416324
>>2416332
I saw someone talking about it as though it would be part of the reason why Tanya would be picked up by an Inquisitor, so I wanted to let them know that it wasn't happening for a while, at least.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 114.jpg (459 KB, 981x1200)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>2416449
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 115.jpg (560 KB, 894x1200)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>2419969
>>
>>2423512
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 108.jpg (489 KB, 675x1200)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>2424591
>>
>>2428390
Viktoriya having a body-pillow of Tanya is always adorable.
>>
So is OP dead?
>>
>>2435386
I am on the inside.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 116.jpg (324 KB, 1000x800)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>
>>2440665
There's something about the look of "If you try to talk shit and/or rat us out, I'll kill you" that Tanya has in these sorts of images that is always both entertaining and something that feels supremely in character.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 111.1.jpg (233 KB, 675x1200)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>2440665
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 111.2.jpg (703 KB, 648x1200)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>2440903
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 112.1.jpg (257 KB, 633x1200)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>2440904
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 112.2.jpg (591 KB, 720x1200)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>2440905
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 112.3.jpg (489 KB, 810x1125)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>2440906
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 113.jpg (56 KB, 900x1171)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2440907
>>
>>2380745
How does that body proportions work? Adult Tanya or something?
>>
>>2444260
Visha's on the ground, and Tanya is standing.
>>
>>2444260
something tells me that adult Tanya probably isn't going to get much taller.

Unless Being X decides that's it's funny to make her hit a massive growth spurt that also fills her out to ruin her liking of her small profile as a combat advantage.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 135.jpg (470 KB, 849x1200)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>2444224
>>
>>2447565

You know, that makes me want a pic or two with Viktoriya leading Tanya around famous touristy sites when they are on leave like a mother with a child.
>>
>>2447570
I find it hard to believe that Tanya could put off that air unless she was trying to.

Though people somehow mistaking their relationship for something more platonic is an entirely amusing thought.
>>
Isn't Visha a lost cause? I thought she's going to end up with that one guy who almost got buried in an avalanche.

Maybe there will be some future hatesex with Tanya and Mary Sue Sioux
>>
>>2447640
She's completely oblivious to his crush, and far more interested in Tanya to boot.

That fucker is just gonna get made fun of by the rest of the unit for having a crush on the CO's favorite.
>>
>>2447570
Visha and Tanya aren't Nonna and Katyusha
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 118.jpg (685 KB, 1095x1200)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>2447565
>>
Warhammer you say?
>>
I meant to post this one.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 126.jpg (473 KB, 1129x1200)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>2452505
Yes, Tanya is Ciaphas Cain.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 124.jpg (187 KB, 1200x1084)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2452670
>>
>>2452670
Something tells me that they'd probably get along rather well.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 129.jpg (47 KB, 700x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2454445
I mean, their goals are essentially the same and they're both in essentially the same position.
Tanya just doesn't complain as much, and her 2nd isn't a Blank that refuses to bathe.
>>
>>2454610
Poor Tanya is going to feel like absolute shit hanging around Jurgen.
>>
>>2454756

That's what happens when a psyker gets near a blank. At least with her and Viktoriya it won't be as tragic as Eisenhorn and Bequin
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 128.jpg (204 KB, 1075x1200)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>2454756
The not bathing is to give an excuse as to why people feel like shit around him, to be honest. It's to hide the fact that he's a blank.
>>
>>2454769
>Eisenhorn and Bequin
Don't remind me...
>>
>>2456846
So what happens to them?
>>
>>2456883

I know the following is spoilered, but this really is a big spoiler for the Eisenhorn Omnibus by Dan Abnett. Eisenhorn is a psyker, albeit a weaker one, Inquisitor, while Bequin is a blank. Blanks are physically incompatible with psykers, causing at the very least strong discomfort in the psyker. He encounters her on a mission, and adds her to his retinue. For over 100 years they work together, to the point where Eisenhorn develops feelings for her, however is unable to act on them due to psyker/blank mismatch. At one point she is severely injured and placed into a coma from which she never wakes up from, and Eisenhorn finally confesses his feelings of love for her. Might have missed a few things, been almost a year since I read it.

tl;dr Tragic love story
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 121.jpg (728 KB, 900x1200)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>2454842
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 134.jpg (204 KB, 1100x900)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>2460348
>>
It's dead Jim
>>
>>2465753
Am kill
If anyone else wants to take over I'll give them editing rights to the document. Or just make it so that anyone can edit it.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 133.jpg (260 KB, 1000x800)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>2463120
>>
>>2469514
That's a cute image
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 141.jpg (423 KB, 960x720)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>2469514
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 142.jpg (761 KB, 960x720)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>>2474411
Could someone please translate these?
>>
>>2474411
>Nn... So I managed to whip up some imitation-pocky with whatever ingredients I had on hand, but
>In the end it's just a sham that barely even qualifies as a substitute. ...Well, even so, it's better than nothing...
(CHOCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
>Hn.....?
>Wha-!!?

>>2474412
>chompchompchompchomp
>Hah?!
(Whoosh!)
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 144.jpg (564 KB, 1200x900)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>2474569
Thanks, nee-san.
>>
>>2474411
>>2474412
Well, that's a different way to do Pocky Day.

Rather amused that the artist took the time to try and justify why a magic loli in Pseudo-WWI-Germany would have Pocky.
>>
>An atheist Japanese salaryman, in the moment of being murdered, is confronted by a self-righteous entity he refers to as "Being X" who condemns the man for not believing that "Being X" is God and sentences him to be reborn in a world that is similar to World War I Europe mixed with early aspects of World War II and magic, in an empire torn apart by countless wars with all nearby countries. The salaryman is reborn as a girl, Tanya Degurechaff. According to "Being X", if she's not able to die a natural death, or she refuses to have faith in Him, her soul will leave the circle and be sent to hell for the countless sins that Tanya has committed in her previous life. In search for an escape, Tanya decides to enter into the Empire's Mages Division and fight in the world war, hoping to reach a high enough rank as fast as possible to remain far from the battlefield and in this way avoid the risk of being killed. Even if she's now forced to speak with a young girl's lisp, Tanya soon turns into a ruthless soldier who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, even the lives of those beneath her, especially those that get on her bad side.
Just...Why? Words fail me.

Even ignoring that whole retarded premise, how is that yuri when one of them is a man?
>>
>>2475626
Reincarnation. So technically she's a little German girl who has memories of being a ~30-something Japanese asshole. Presuming she outlives that man (Which is her entire goal, besides flipping off God) then she'll have been a girl longer than she ever was a guy.
>>
Also despite the mixed feelings about sex swaps and such in regards to being /u/, the main ship for the series is pretty fucking interesting.
>>
>>2475626
Tanya is born a girl in this life, will forever remain a girl for the rest of her life.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 130.jpg (293 KB, 1200x900)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>2475626
She stops trying to assert to herself that she's a man somewhere around the LN book 5, I think. I can't remember exactly when it was.
>>
>>2475774
>>2475772
>>2475644
Whatever makes you sleep at night. Won't change the fact the he's a literal self-insert just like all MCs present in this retarded new genre called isekai.
>>
>>2475626
>Just...Why?
Why not? It's a fun premise that ends up being both interesting and engaging.

Also
>....
>>>/out/
>>
>>2475774
Different anon here, and I'm sincerely asking this question because there seem to be conflicting accounts in the thread like >>2381438 and >>2381489. Do you mean that Tanya actively accepts that s/he's female, rather than ignoring the gender issue altogether and treating her attraction to girls as a leftover from her original "actual" male identity?

I don't really care to debate over whether she's "really" a girl or not. I'm just not interested in gender bender shit where a genderbent girl only likes girls because she thinks of herself as a guy or views that attraction as heterosexual.
>>
>>2476188
Pretty sure it's the former. Regardless, for our purposes we're using that characterization.
>>
>>2476188
Canonically speaking, Tanya's presented more as asexual than anything. She was extremely career-focused in her previous life and is even more-so in her present one.
>>
>>2475879
>isekai
>new
>Tanya
>Self-insert
>>
>>2475879
Isekai has existed for decades and it's not a Japanese invention. Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom of Landover series, which started in the 80s, is what you would call Isekai
>>
>>2476197
Doesn't she get flustered by some of Viktoria's actions?
>>
>>2476188
Based on what I've heard it's about some guy who's reborn as a girl, instead of a girl with her own memories and personality who has flash backs to her past life as a guy. So that's enough for me to not want to watch it.

But some people are okay with that, and /u/'s rules aren't clear enough to disallow it, so whatever.

>>2476206
While that's true, anon is clearly referring to the "recent" boom in isekai stories in anime/manga. And based on the premise, it does sound like it's yet another LN hopping on that bandwagon.
>>
>>2476207
"Annoyed by the impropriety" seems more accurate. Still, fun to imagine.

>>2476209
What sets Youjo Senki apart from most other modern isekai is that it largely eschews the typical "Fish Out of Water" elements. Tanya was born and raised in the Empire, not just some magical expat. Only one other recent story does this that I can recall, and it's harem trash.
>>
>>2475879
>born with girl tidbits
>is a dude

I bet you think traps aren't gay either, they're just more straight
>>
>>2476217
>Only one other recent story does this that I can recall, and it's harem trash.
What one? The one about the mecha otaku becoming a magical mecha pilot?
>>
>>2476274
No the one where a fat NEET dies saving some kids about to be hit by a truck and karma rewards him by reincarnating him as the son of a hero in a fantasy world.
>>
>>2476277
Well at least for once there will be an LN about a girl reincarnated as a girl
The "Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average" one. No idea how /u/ relevant it is though
>>
>>2476294
But all of us wish to be a little girl if we are not already one, nee-san. What is so wrong with having stories that allow us to self-insert as one?

Though there have only been three characters that I've self-inserted as. Hachiman, Akemi Homura, and Tanya. (Though Tanya was to a much lesser extent than the other two.)
>>
>>2476753
>What is so wrong with having stories that allow us to self-insert as one?
Genderbend shit doesn't belong on /u/.
>>
>>2476764
Except for when it's permanent.
>>
>>2476764
Mods have yet to smack us over a head with a stick, so this might just be one of the exceptions
>>
Tanya is male, this thread breaks the rules
>>
>>2477241
Except she's not, she's a she.
>>
>>2477241
Tanya has never been male. The identity that has become Tanya was once male, but that was a different body and a wholly different life and they're never gonna go back to that.

Also we've had these threads since the animu came out, more or less, and the mods have yet to crack down.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 136.jpg (36 KB, 501x808)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>>2477107
They are right, though.
>If a fat otaku gets hit by a truck on his way to comiket and the gods take pity on him and put him in the body of a newborn girl so he can molest lolis in a few years it's yuri as long as he doesn't get turned back into a fat otaku teehee
If it was ever male it isn't yuri.

>>2477706
>The identity that has become Tanya was once male
>that was a different body
>and a wholly different life
It's the same old guy. The entire series is based on the fucking contrast of someone who is clearly nothing like a small girl being in the body of a small girl.
>>
>>2447659
This illustrates things rather well.
>>>/a/165094868
>>
>>2479772
How is that man not relentlessly teased for how little of a chance he has with Viktoriya?
>>
>>2479780
War is hard. They probably don't want to crush his spirits too much.
>>
>>2479486
It is yuri.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 145.jpg (229 KB, 1200x900)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
What say?
>>
>>2483161
cute married couple
>>
>>2479886
Honestly Tanya does seem like the sort to kinda rub it in if she catches him looking.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 138.jpg (123 KB, 2000x2000)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>
>>2483232
>Tanya sees him staring
>Pulls Viktoriya into a kiss
>He looks on in despair
>She sticks a hand underneath Viktoriya's shirt
>He chokes
>This continues, with Viktoriya none the wiser as to why Tanya is suddenly so affectionate in public
>>
>>2487852
That poor motherfucker is gonna write a book about his experience in the war and there's just gonna be a bunch of chapters in the middle about him being terrified and jealous of his CO because she got the girl that he had a crush on.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 99.jpg (1.06 MB, 3000x2000)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 146.jpg (519 KB, 1200x900)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 139.jpg (156 KB, 878x2048)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
What's this say?
>>
>>2495659
>Stick!
>Mob!
>Pig!

(hi-: flinch)

>...Cute!
>Major, that isn't interrogation training.
>>
>>2490766
This one's very cute, but Tanya almost looks too soft. Where's the crazy look in her eye?
>>
Haven't gotten to watch Youjo Senki yet, does it actually have yuri? Or at least subtext? I'll watch it anyways, but yuri would put it close to the top of my list
>>
File: tanya and viktoriya 2.jpg (389 KB, 885x885)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>2501960
The short answer would be "no" - there's really no romance in the first place. It's simply not something the show focuses on. There's no real het outside the suggestion of a crush either.

That said, our main character is a girl and her closest confidant in her squad is also the only other girl there. You can find subtext there if your goggles are on and it is pretty cute once you see it, as this thread shows.
>>
>>2501960
You don't need as strong of a prescription for yuri goggles as some of the stuff on this board to see subtext in this series. The MC's favorite out of her unit is the only other major female character and her respect and admiration for the MC is to the point that she is completely oblivious to the crush one of the named dudes in her unit has on her.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 150.jpg (339 KB, 1100x810)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>
>>2479486
Listen onee-sama.
Tanya is Tanya. That's it. If you want to think about it like that then no one is their own gender. They're all reincarnated, now no one is straight or gay. Technicalky they're all omnisexuals. WTF now bitch?
>>
>>2502580
Then they don't belong on this board. This is a board for relationships between lesbians, not 'omnisexuals'.
>>
>>2502584
That anon is probably taking the piss out of tumblr shit, but sexuality has never had anything to do with what content the board allows. Only that all interactions involve only females.
>>
>>2502584
>Then no Yuri is allowed because their parents are male. Technically since their parents are male and they are created from a male they must be half of that male. Not female at all dude. WTF Yuri is not Yuri is it has a male father. Also what's with alien Yuri? That's not Yuri. Sorry, pffft btfo alienfags and yurifags, obviously Yuri does not exist.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 147.jpg (100 KB, 519x700)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 148.jpg (960 KB, 903x1200)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>2505473
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 159.jpg (319 KB, 1000x1400)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>2508324
What's this one?
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 155.jpg (370 KB, 1200x1011)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>2508324
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 149.jpg (482 KB, 1000x675)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>2514408
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 152.jpg (588 KB, 1200x1200)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>2517391
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 153.jpg (1.08 MB, 937x1200)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>2521830
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 156.jpg (59 KB, 384x960)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2525205
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 157.jpg (94 KB, 942x960)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2527843
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 158.jpg (36 KB, 543x720)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2530752
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 160.jpg (40 KB, 800x800)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2534395
>>
>>2415993
>Also, sexual urges applies to both sexes right!?

>"That is enough. I understand. Let’s do an experiment then." The raven creature, Being X, proclaimed.

Wait, so this line is why Tanya was born female? Doesn't this make it extremely likely that she will go full lesbian as part of her rebellion against god?
>>
>>2539010
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>2539010
>Doesn't this make it extremely likely that she will go full lesbian as part of her rebellion against god?
Why do you sound like you didn't expect Tanya to go full on lesbian?
>>
>>2539043
I wouldn't normally expect this to go beyond subtext. But if I'm right then Tanya is more likely to turn one of their victory parades in to a mardi gras just to send a big middle finger to being X
>>
I didn't look into the meta of this series, but I have one question: Is this series meant to make fun of the religious nuts or a slam on the atheists?

Hopefully the former.
>>
>>2539198
it's a clear hit against religion, especially considering that tanya never actually denies that being x is supernatural just that it is a lazy piece of shit that could not possibly be the capital G god add to that it's also known that being x is not the only supernatural being. also if you look at her analysis of her state after praying you will see that her mind is in the process of manipulation
>>
>>2539204
Well I know Tanya's stand on the subject. What I want to know is whether it's also the author's. I don't know about the LN and manga or interviews, but as far as the anime goes it could be interpreted both ways: the author showing that whether one believes in god or not god still exists, or the author shitting on religious nuts by self-inserting as Tanya. I ask because the artist of the OP pic is a religious nut, and he's a big fan of the series.

I myself am an atheist who is writing a story about a detective who don't believe in the supernatural. She solves mysteries with logical deductions (e.g. there's no vengeful ghost, the victim was murdered by a human who made it look like it's a supernatural phenomenon). But at the end, I like to add a scene where the victim's ghost thanking the detective who didn't know she exists. So I definitely can see similar fiction creators who like to portray gods/supernaturals existence even if they don't believe it themselves. I'd laugh my ass off if a supertitious fool admire my work because they mistakenly think I'm fighting for their cause.
>>
>>2539219
as i wrote the way religion is depicted is literally brainwashing by crazy supernatural beings, this is as close to the authors stand on it as you can get (though there might be interviews where he goes into which i know none of)
>>
>>2539104
Tanya is the sort to reward her men at least as much is acceptable by protocol but is also willing to do more if she can get away with it and sees benefit in doing so.
>>
>Youjo Senki/40k crossover
Summary pls!
t. ca/tg/irl
>>
>>2540450
The author metaphorically died so it's just the tiny bit in the google doc posted above.
>>
>>2540450
>>2540635
Much of the baseline for the plot is pretty well hashed out in the thread though, as well as the last thread but I don't think we kept a link to it so you might have to dig through the archives if they've kept it.
>>
So after letting this idea play out in my head for a few days the main problem I have with it is everything in the 40k universe is so messed up that Tanya looks normal in comparison. It makes it hard to replicate the period of fear/ambivalence towards Tanya that Viktoriya goes through, and their relationship takes an express train to fluffsville instead.

Although I may just be biased by a preference for cute relationships.
>>
>>2542379
Simply being introduced to Viktoriya as being part of an Inquisitorial retinue and being a psyker is probably enough to spook Viktoriya.
>>
>>2542379
Tanya is a 13-year-old sanctioned C or even B ranked psyker.
It normally takes decades to get sanctioned.
>>
>>2542470
but wouldn't she be a psyker too? a far weaker one but psyker nontheless
>>
>>2542499
It's far less important that Viktoriya be a psyker than Tamya be one.
>>
>>2542470
I was introducing them before Tanya joins the inquisition.

Well, before she knows she's joined the inquisition anyway.

>>2542499
This was my thought too. Weak and disciplined enough that she's escaped noticed, but still has some useful tricks and gets herself put on psyker guard duty as a way of hiding in plain sight.
>>
>>2542556
Viktoriya would have to be between regular bumfuck human a actually psy-active to not register on the Inquisition's radar. Which is a range that gets you a bag of tricks that basically gets boiled down to seeming to have rather good luck in exchange for being an easier possession target like all psykers are.
>>
>>2542648
How does having Noble parents willing to spend their resources keeping her hidden change that though?

Reading this thread:
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/6873/can-a-psyker-mask-their-presence
>In the Dark Heresy book they present us a pre-made sector as you all know well. The Lord Inquisitor of this sector is secretly a psyker, a fact unknown to the other members of the Inquisiton.
>tl;dr You can't detect a psyker unless they use psychic powers, and even then there's no guarantee unless you're also a psyker.
So basically my idea was that her parents noticed she was psy-active at a young age and secretly hired a tutor to train her discipline and psyniscience so that she wouldn't have to go through the torture of sanctioning.
>>
>>2542863
They're gonna have to be planetary governors at the minimum and ones for a good planet for that to work. Though a rogue trader would probably work as well.

However my problem is those things make it hard to to hit the notes of Viktoriya's backstory. Of her being of a noble family that was down on their luck and her being a conscript. With w40k's setting not being as centralized around it's magicians as the standard Youjo Senki setting, I just don't see the point in Viktoriya being much of psyker if she's gonna be psy-active at all.
>>
>>2542868
Well that's the thing, if you only watch the anime you don't know any of that but being a mage and contributing meaningfully to battles is one of her defining characteristics. Also it stretches credibility that she would survive Tanya's adventures as just a basic grunt.
>>
>>2540635
Am not entirely dead. Will start working again soon^tm

>>2542556
I was going to have Tanya "join"be pressganged into the Inquisition and then have her be introduced to Viktoriya

>>2542863
>>2542868
Vikoriya is a Valhallian. Valhallian nobles have to serve too. (Can't have her be a Krieger. Too much will to die for the Emperor there)

>>2542899
She's a Storm Trooper, nee-san. Storm Troopers are pretty good at not dying. Regular guardsmen are too, actually. You just need to LET them. A group of guardsmen that are allowed to fight as they see fit will survive longer than if they dig a trench
>>
>>2543198
Though, what should Viktoriya's main weapon be?
Flamer, Hellgun, Hotshot Lasgun, Plasma/bolter pistol w/ Chainsword, looted Lucious Pattern Nr. 98 lasgun, looter Lucious Pattern Hellgun, Imperial Guard Bolter rifle?
>>
>>2543277
Bolter would be nice so she still has exploding bullets.

Would psyker powers be able to replicate the shot-enhancing powers and shields of Youjo Senki? I know shit all about the 40k 'verse.
>>
What Ordo is Tanya? Malleus?

>>2543457
>Would psyker powers be able to replicate the shot-enhancing powers and shields of Youjo Senki?
Not really. All there is about offensive powers is some lightning arcs, a directed bolt of energy and an area-of-effect attack, and there are two shielding defensive spells: one protects you from other psyker attacks and the other from Daemons.

But bolt shells do come in nifty variants that should replicate some of the magic-enhanced shots they use in the series.

Also I second her having a bolt pistol or any other bolt weapon that won't take her arm off with the recoil.
>>
>>2543480
Malleus would let her hunt down Being X, so probably that.
>>
>Youjo Senki
>Yuri
>40K
the best thread on /u/ right now
>>
>>2543480
Tanya isn't an inquisitor, and the one she's going to be joining is Ordo Hereticus.
>>
>>2543480
Bolt weapons don't actually have that much recoil. The reason for that fluf existing is because it was the 80s and that sounded fucking awesome.
It's more like a 12 gauge slug or .50 Beowulf at most in terms of recoil. (Remember: These are gyrojet weapons. The kicker charge is only there to make it lethal at close range.)

>>2543531
Tanya might be Malleus, if she becomes an inquisitor, but she's got no choice in who she's press-ganged by.
>>
>>2543589
>Tanya not being the CO of the group in question
Odd, but I can roll with it, even if I don't know how Tanya would roll with not being the one giving the orders. Then again, I also don't know how Inquisitorial cells operate.
>>
>>2543598
from what I recall of inquisitorial cells you got the inquisitor on top followed by acolytes followed by everyone else in the retinue followed by the other people associated with the group.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 169.jpg (205 KB, 900x1200)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>2543598
Tanya rolls with it as she would: By doing her job and trying to get out of the field

>>2543603
This is correct.
Inquisitor>Acolytes>retinue>everyone else

Also, for valentine's day:
>>
>>2543613
So the hardest part is picking out a character to be her mentor out of the canon cast. Or making one up if nobody really fits. Zettour is really the closest person I can think of that would fit, with Rerugen being a fellow inquisitor who doesn't like Tanya.

Schugel as a tech-priest is probably gonna be entertaining though.
>>
>>2543620
I was thinking Rudersdorf, actually, but either would work well.
Though, I kind of want to have the Inquisitor that takes her into his retinue to be an extremist, and neither of them are fit to be a Daemon weapon using radical.
>>
File: 67264867_p0.jpg (1.06 MB, 1395x1068)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
>>2543626
Yeah it's probably going to be fairly hard to find such a character even with some serious juggling of the canon characters of YS.
>>
>>2544448
I mean, I could just make a new character.

Also, anyone know of a good online Dark Heresy character generator?
>>
>>2545686
>I could just make a new character.
Yeah, you'll have to make an OC. A high ranking Karamazovite, I'd say.
>>
File: Tanya x Viktoriya 170.jpg (79 KB, 758x1000)
79 KB
79 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.