[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: debs_the_movie_c.jpg (14 KB, 440x217)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Last thread died. Here we discuss 3DPD lesbians in live-action movies and television.
>>
Now that the doctor will be a woman, I would like to see how River Song would react.
>>
>>2382216
https://twitter.com/nckhui/status/886621538862206976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radiotimes.com%2Fnews%2F2017-07-15%2Falex-kingstons-reaction-to-a-female-doctor-who-was-so-river-song
>>
>>2382216
That makes me want Arya to come back.
>>
>>2382216
Please no Romance, not even Yuri.

Every Companion has to leave eventually making the relationships largely pointless as they aren't long term.

Not to mention New Who has had a bad record of hackneyed endings to romances.
>>
File: 1u616f1o1.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Welp this is officially as gay as it gets this season.

Be prepared for het preggo shit for the rest of the season.
>>
God I hope this pairing gets explicit
>>
>>2383227
What show?
>>
>>2383536
Wynonna something or other.
>>
Anyone know where a friend can watch Baka Bukas online?
>>
why is the 100 so popular anyways?
>>
>>2384067
Because the main character became a lesbian!
>>
>>2384152
Thats hilariously not correct, the main character became bi and the lesbian got killed.
>>
>>2384067
social media hype that the company helped promote. had the potential to not suck after the painful first eps.

then it sucked extra hard. also has a pretty big het fanbase.
>>
anyone got some good recommendations not on the sticky for /u/ movies? Preferably something more recent (excluding the handmaiden, already saw it).

Would also like to recommend the handmaiden to everyone, excellent movie all around.
>>
>>2382195
I can't get into western lesbian stuff. The style, the look. They never ever EVER cast cute girls.
>>
>>2384192
Ackley Bridge is ok, i'm halfway done with it and its actually pretty fun overall but i already can see drama going down in the second half.
Its a teacher/student relationship.
>>
>>2384196
then get out of this thread idiot
>>
>>2383790
Earp a Derp
>>
>>2384196
>They never ever EVER cast cute girls
I beg to differ. Take for example Bloomington. It was shit but the couple was cute as fuck. Also that new Gypsy show from Netflix is kinda shit too but couple is crazy hot.
>>
>>2384192
Did you see Carol?
>>
>>2384268
I did, I can recommend Carol whole heartedly as well.
>>
>>2384163
No you are incorrect. She slept once with a boy (her first time, when she was inexperienced and didn't have experience or know there was another option.). After she slept with Lexa she never slept with any male ever again, and regularly sleeps with a number of different women. There was even an episode where she was asked about her sexualty, and she said she has no interest in males.

A woman/girl that has slept with a male once, then sleeps only with women, and will never sleep with men again can be called a lesbian, so suck it troll.
>>
>>2384192
A Date For Mad Mary, I really liked it.
>>
Atomic Blonde looks like it might have some stuff, but unfortunately it looks like the plot is kicked off by her boyfriend getting killed.
>>
>>2384370
I don't think they'll let the main character end up with the girl anyway
>>
>>2384370
>her boyfriend getting killed
And that's a negative because...?
>>
>>2384423
Because 1) higher chances of being straight and "only seeking out women out of grief, no homo" and 2) spending screentime seeking revenge or remembering the dead guy, i.e het.

Don't know about other neesans, but I have no interest in a show with a girl holding a guy in her heart, no matter how much lesbian sex she might have on screen.
>>
>>2384335
Don't bait, the producers and the actress have said over and over again that Clarke is bisexual and they are pretty much going with the 'canon' ending from the books for her and the retarded faggot with the hot sister.
I don't even know why i'm even bothering with this considering you appear to be either trolling or delusional.
>>
>>2384192
>>2384210
If ya don't want to watch the entire Ackley Bridge series you can check out the videos on youtube collecting all the scenes relevant to the lesbians. You miss do miss out on some stuff but whatever. Maybe watching the full ep1 can be good as an intro though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Hy6V7kTj8
>>
>>2384266
Post pic of the hot couples to prove your point, don't just say it.
>>
>>2384490
Why would they want to follow the books at all? I heard they were hot garbage. Although I don't know much because I dropped the show when they went back to Arker vs Grounder bs in season 3.
>>
>>2384564
The show is hot garbage as well, so who cares. You can't go right with that premise, it's just not doable unless you throw the tone out of the window and go for a Borderlands/Mad Max kind of cuhrayzeee setting with teenagers as its main characters.
>>
>>2384370
>she's supposed to be the next 007
>they even gave her a Bond girl
Hell, I can't complain
>>
>>2384453
So you have know idea what it's about. You just latched onto something and assumed. Nice
>>
>>2384634
>opinions about upcoming stuff aren't 100% certain and fact-based
Whoa there, fampai.
>>
>>2384667
Well when the fool misses what's actually said of the plot, yeah. It's almost like he was looking for a reason to be mad.
>>
>>2384685
The only one mad here is you. Why so butthurt if somebody doesn't want to watch a show, whatever their reason is? I was kind enough to provide the reasons for the one curious enough to ask, which is none of your business.

In hope of making you more butthurt: I don't want to watch any show with bislut, no matter if the boyfriend/husband is already dead offscreen and the show is 100% gay.
>>
>>2384453
That isn't the story
>>
>>2386254
Not that anon but the biggest issue with Atomic Blond is that the target audience are geeks and they don't like lesbians, they like bisluts open to a threesome. Not including lesbians tend to die so the "Bond girl" may easily be killed right after the raunchy lesbian scene.
>>
>>2384192
Breathe
La Robe Du Soir
Je Te Mangerais
>>
File: twogirls.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1108)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>2386457
>>2384346
Thanks to both of you for the recommendations!
>>
If anyone was going to watch the new Ghost in the Shell because the trailer had the Major kiss a lady, don't bother. They removed it from the final cut.
>>
Should I watch Dark Matter for the yuri? is it any good?
>>
>>2387276
Definitely not.

The little bit of potential was purely pointless bait so far (I'm up to the 7th ep of S3). They introduced the idea that Two was gay for Nyx and then dropped that entire plot cold and there isn't any indication that anything will come of it later on. Then they introduce a lesbian bodyguard who talks about the first girl she kissed casually in conversation but then a few episodes later they remove her from the main team so she probably won't be back. The show is a mess of cool ideas that go nowhere.

I'm fucking incensed that they made Five kiss Adrian like that. What the fuck is that bullshit? They keep fucking ruining this show a little bit at a time.
>>
>>2387276
No, there was some teasing in 3rd season at the beginning that one of main girl is bi and she might hook up with lesbian bodyguard but the bodyguard was removed from plot so nothing happened.
>>
Anything out there with the /u/ fandom of The 100, Glee, or Once Upon a Time? Other than Buffy, of course.
>>
>>2387793
Like fics or what?
>>
>>2387794
Fics. Fics were the reason I watched The 100 and I got hours of great reading from it.
>>
>>2387811
Glee is an old fandom, probably nothing new or relevant fic-wise. If it is, it's probably kind of riddled with things that plague older fandoms. Best bet is to find an archive or so and look for glee fics in that as a way to get your foot wet. OUaT that's a weird in between. I'm not sure if it's still running but there's enough fics that you can have your time occupied. One ship rather largely dominates the femslash side, with several minor ones so if you're not ambivalent you might be disappointed.
>>
File: Waverly Dance.webm (2.93 MB, 426x240)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
So Wynonna Earp has already gotten renewed for season 3.
>>
>>2387817
Watching this show trying to survive is like watching an agony of a dying fish.
>>
>>2387819
I think at this point one of the biggest thinks that is keeping it alive is Waverly/Nicole.

>>2387814
There are active authors of OUaT, it's also still running but I doubt it will for very long.
>>
So how bout that L Word reboot? Who do you think should be cast?
>>
>>2388005
No one. It shouldn't get a reboot.
>>
>>2388005
>So how bout that L Word reboot? Who do you think should be cast?
Do we really need that?
I wouldn't mind getting a Marvel TV show with lesbian mutant MC but we all know that will never happen.
>>
>>2388014
>Do we really need that?
I feel that maybe we do. Since it ended we've gotten more lesbians in TV shows but nowhere near what I expected. Other than OITNB, we're stuck with watching random shows hoping for some homo pay-off. It'd be nice to once again be able to sit down and just enjoy some lesbians doing lesbian stuff.
>>
>>2388010
>>2388014
I mostly agree. I felt like it had a lot of uninteresting drama, a lot of ugly side lesbians, and a bad death storyline that was wrapped up at all at the end.

>>2388019
I'd worry that we'd get too much of the above mentioned and even less of the lesbian sex than the first go around. Most TV relaunches (that I can think of) have been awful with worse actors/actresses, far weaker plot and story, and have been more pathetic comedy spoof nature than staying true to original concepts of the shows. The show may have had a direction, plot, and story that were slightly interesting the first season or two, but most of the time seemed to have lost its way and didn't seem to have an overriding message that it was trying to say (lots of cliches that we'd seen before in bad dramas).
>>
>>2387303
>>2387304
I won't watch it then. Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>2388005
That show was a dumpster fire, especially past the first season. The main reason people watched it was because it was all we had at the time.
>>
>>2387793
Supergirl?
>>
>>2388168
Avoid it for a while, though there are a decent amount of fics. Initially it was with Kara and her boss, Cat, but things happened in season that shifted it to Kara and a female Luthor. Some Alex/Maggie stuff too. Don't expect anything too grand.
>>
File: 1499739322417.webm (2.59 MB, 854x480)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>2384370
>>
File deleted.
If you wanna really sell me on some 3D yuri, try posting kissing weebums instead of of static pictures please.
>>
File: Je Te Mangerais.webm (2.88 MB, 624x336)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>2388565
>>
>>2388567
>no kissing
>"I'm having my period"
>>
Anyone watched Eloise? It have a happy ending?
>>
Dropping a rec for Jane the Virgin. Just watched up to the latest season. There's an interesting pair between an alcoholic fuckup sister of one of the main protagonists and the crime lord antagonist. They're secondary characters, but drive a good bit of the plot throughout three seasons.
>>
File: Je Te Mangerais1.webm (2.89 MB, 624x336)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>2388568
>"I'm having my period"
It's probably a lie and that she doesn't care is what makes it so good.
>>
>google "mother daughter kissing"
>all pics involve 8 year old girls
I-is it okay to be aroused? Because I am...
>>
>>2388583
No it is not okay.
>>
>>2388583
Only if they are your own childhood pictures.
>>
>>2384370
So that lesbian lady is dead? Coz that's how it looks like based on the scene from the trailer.
>>
>>2388571
The Spanish movie released in 2009? If yes, it doesn't have a happy ending. It's a decent movie, though.
>>
>>2388561
That aren't actually doing anything. It looks like they are because there's a lot of movement, but they're not.
>>
>>2388583
>I-is it okay to be aroused? Because I am...
Of course it is. Many people are, it's just a shameful thing to admit IRL. Just don't diddle any kids okay?
>>
>>2388625
Do you think they actually have sex in most movie sex scenes? I want you to answer honestly now.
>>
I had some hopes for Yara in newest GOT season, but pretty much at start she says she goes both for boys and girls in every port thana ctually being gay, and from how things turned out she will possibly become a rape toy for male soldiers next episode along with that other bisexual slut.
What a great representation of gay female characters who I was rather hyped for seeing the teasing and interviews before this season.
It would be better if they didn't include them at all.
>>
>>2388645
>representation
Fuck off. Not every girl that wants to diddle other girls is supposed to be a rainbow colored, plot-armored """representation""". And expecting this of a secondary character in GoT was just silly in the first place.
>>
>>2388645
I find it amusing how so many people are disappointed with GoT's characters for completely different reasons.
>>
>>2388645
You shouldn't have expected anything from GoT cause it's GoT. Like of all the places to look for it, why there?
>>
>>2388645
Let me guess. You wanted Sean Bean to live?
>>
>>2388646
>Fuck off. Not every girl that wants to diddle other girls is supposed to be a rainbow colored, plot-armored """representation""". And expecting this of a secondary character in GoT was just silly in the first place.
It could be easily done, she would just say she has a girl in every port rather than a boy, but then normalfags needs to be appealed too so we got what we got.

My bad for getting too much excited after reading article about her which got me hyped.
>>
Expecting anything actually good from GoT such as a gay female character of any note is ridiculously silly indeed.
>>
>>2388583
It's okay but you probably shouldn't seek that kind of stuff out.
>>
>>2388636
Wait, they aren't? Shit. I've been living a lie.

B-but people in movies still die for real, right? Right?
>>
>>2388656
Normies don't give a damn about who the secondary character chooses to diddle in GoT, anon. Most people probably didn't even remember her name after the break until she appeared in this season.
>>
>>2388807
Yes, same goes for ttrpgs like DnD.
>>
>>2388822
Aw shit, better go burn my DnD manual and confess my sins to the nearest pastor.
>>
>>2388567
>>2388574
This movie is a complete piece of shit, stop trolling people.
>>
>>2388829
I like it, it's not without flaws but i thought the first hour or so was mostly very good.
>>
>>2388583
It's ok. Just as it's ok to be on a watchlist.
>>
File: The.Bold.Type.S01E04.jpg (258 KB, 1152x648)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
So a black girl who thought she was straight turns bi and makes out with a muslim lesbian one, that's variety by big V.
>>
>>2389388
I support any ship that will piss off ISIS.
>>
>>2388583
Time to kill yourself. It's for the best anon.
>>
>>2388666
>You will never see Sansa seduced by a swarthy lesbian pirate.

It really hurts, Satan.
>>
I haven't seen Futari Monologue mentioned here before, but for some reason it's getting a live action adaption.
https://futamono-drama.jp/
>>
>>2388651
Joke all you want, but he actually survived in Silent Hill, playing a character that did die in the games.
>>
>>2388636
Of course not. Though I wonder if there are some actors that would be down for it?
Or if some directors would prefer if they actually fucked to make it more authentic. I know of a movie (I can't remember the name of it though) where Meg Ryan's character was watching a dude receiving a blowjob where it turned out later that the director hired a prostitute and she was honestly blowing the dude on camera.
>>
File: 1447995740701.png (18 KB, 685x574)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>2389388
>gay muslims

I see a very happy ending in store for these two.
>>
>>2390295
>muslims
Reading's hard, innit?
>>
>>2388583
>>2388634
Say hello to Chris for me.
>>
>>2390297
So's sarcasm apparently.
>>
>>2390304
>pretending
Hard to admit mistakes.
>>
>>2390284
It isn't aired at late night so it'll be subtext somehow. I don't know, probably a comically exageration of akogare (admiration)
>>
>>2390284
The manga isn't tagged as yuri/subtext anywhere so I don't see the relevance of mentioning it here.
>>
>>2390585
It's pretty obscure, but it's literally about a gal lusting over her childhood friend.
>>
>>2384370
I can confirm that the lesbian gf dies. the sex scene was good but just so you are warned.
>>
>>2391105
You should also add that it isn't until nearly the end of the movie.
>>
>>2388645
you know how naive it is to expect GoT to do something interesting not only with female characters but ALSO gay characters right? Look at what they did to Loras, and then remember that Yara is a woman, so together there's like an 85% chance they'll randomly have her get raped.
>>
>>2389388
that's atafeh from circumstance so i'm glad that she's playing a muslim lesbian again.
>>
>>2391111
To be fair, Loras got fucked up in the original book series. Yara (or whatever her name in ASOIAF is) did not, at least, not yet.
>>
>>2391105
>>2391108
Another dead lesbian in a het movie that only included it in the trailer to get people's attention? I don't know why I ever get my hopes up for this shit.
>>
>>2391328
>het movie
Oh boy this conversation again. If you're gonna be a dumb ass and only watch the trailer then at least look up a synopsis to bitch properly.
>>
>>2391328
I thought the same. I read the original comic, so my expectation was low. Regardless, I saw the film to help support LGBT representation in film.

That said, they do get somewhat of a real romance going. It's not one-sided. It's not just there for titillation. The movie is very clear about the fact that they are in love. It also pads out her role so the character is far more fleshed out. She doesn't go out like a punk either.

It's not perfect. They don't walk into the sunset together. For what it's worth though? It's probably the best queer representation we're going to get this year, if not for the next several years. Not to mention, this is the first wide-release action film staring a legit bisexual women who is in love with another women.

I thought it was worth seeing, and I damn well hope this movie gets more support. Who knows? Maybe this might help us get a queer romance in the Marvel movies soon.

I definitely recommend you all see it too. It's not gonna take a lot of us to rocket this into a box office success. In the age of Trump we need as many wins as we can get.
>>
Any movie about cute little gay girls doing cute little gay things? Like in my japanese animes.
>>
>>2390284
Is there a way I can watch this? Even without subs.
Read two of the manga chapters and it's pretty fun. And kinda gay.
>>
>>2391744
>Maybe this might help us get a queer romance in the Marvel movies soon
Isn't this quite unlikely since it would mean the movie getting banned in China, which is a huge market for this kind of movies?
>>
>>2391744
Stop being so fucking dramatic. I'll let you know that most characters died in the movie. It's just the kinda movie this was. Many of Bond's chicks die too. This is pissing me off, people are just looking at the fact that lesbian died while ignoring the whole fucking context of the movie. And they do it every time, with every piece of fiction. They're not looking a the whole picture but just crossing off another point from the quota list. The movie was severly disappointing anyway and waste of Charlize Theron and other great actors.

And this isn't a fucking war, what "wins" are you even talking about. Most people here don't care about whatever it is that Americans are throwing a tantrum over at the moment, they're here for feels and lesbians. This so called "representation in fiction" is something so fucking absurd that it feels like a joke that has gone on too long.
>>
>>2391844
Did you read the post you were replying to or just get triggered by "representation"? Anon liked the film and thought the character's treatment was fine.
>>
File: Golddiggersposter.jpg (32 KB, 300x448)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Heard this one is kinda gay. Has anyone watch it?
>>
>>2391747
The western world doesn't allow youths to be shown acting homosexual unless it's for drama. Sorry pal.
>>
>>2391747
SOON
>>
>>2386278
>the target audience are geeks and they don't like lesbians, they like bisluts open to a threesome.
Uh, what? In my experience, geeks love lesbians to a slightly creepy degree.
>>
>>2393112
Don't ruin a good victim complex.
>>
>>2383327
welp looks like this one went and is going nowhere, GoTs keeps disappointing
>>
File: deadly kiss.gif (2.33 MB, 480x270)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB GIF
cercei a qt.
>>
>>2393210
hahahahah...this show is so fucking dumb.
>>
>>2383327

Yeehhhh prolly wont.
>>
>>2393210
How many takes do you think they did?
>>
Anyone know how to capture a stream that is separated into 2mb chunks? I've found a decent /u/ related movie and I've looked everywhere for it but the only torrent I've seen is dead and i can only find it on a streaming site exclusive to Australians.
>>
search on alluc and append year movie came out. post review so i can decide whether to watch or not.
>>
>>2395136
Thanks, i found it there, had never heard of that site before and it didn't show up when i was searching for the film.

My Review
I liked it a lot but i very much enjoy depictions of obsessive love. I like Je Te Mangerais which some anon said was a complete piece of shit earlier and Isild Le Bosco plays a similar character in both films.
Fair warning that there isn't really any girl-on-girl, the film is about a girl who is madly in love with an older pop-star who does not reciprocate her love.
>>
>>2395136
I've just noticed that the only english subtitles i can find are trash unfortunately.
If you're able to access it somehow it is on here and has proper subtitles, I might do a screen capture or something when i go to bed.
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/17299011798/backstage
>>
>>2384067
>>2384152
>>2384163
It still hurts

Lexa was so pure and so beautiful and so wise and so strong and so self-sacrificing

Even now every other episode somebody seems to comment "we wouldn't be in this mess if the Commander were here"
>>
File: 1501776319132.jpg (274 KB, 2048x1365)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>2387303
>>2387276
Next time on Dark Matter: Two and The Android pose as a couple to break into a high-tech fertility clinic
>>
>>2395207
I was pissed before but I guess I have a reason to catch up with the newest episode again.

Still pisses me off that the writers can't get it through their heads that Five is perfect for this instead of trying to force her with randoms and it pisses me off. The show never makes up its mind what it wants to do with characters.
>>
>>2395202
>Lexa was so pure and so beautiful
Think Clark will ever get a hold of and use the flame on herself? Lexa and Clark could become one in a new way.
>>
>>2395195
I'll take your word on that. I wouldn't mind watching the movie as is, the premise is interesting. I want to say there is a charm in listening to the language of love. Not really though, I work in the hospitality industry and the frenchies can miss me with their imposing asses. Alas, that won't stop me from romanticizing their cinema.
>>
>>2395156
>Je Te Mangerais
I vaguely remember pianos and daddy incest, maybe not from this one movie. I don't like consuming the latter.
I can't use the link you added. It uses an australian domain?
>>
>>2395207
I've been watching the episode, and it has a far different story line than you said/thought. There is definitely a lesbian relationship, and there may be potential for more of it in the future (there is still ~10 minutes left in the episode, and a couple of different things could destroy or open possibilities).
>>
What are some Ingmar Bergman kinos with yuri under/overtones? I've only seen Persona. Moreover, is he the only Tarkovsky approved yuri kinographer? As a kinoisseur I only watch Tarkovsky approved kinos, I don't want to watch anything else.
>>
>>2395680
Yeah, promos and gossip never give the clearest picture
>>
Watching Wynonna Earp, and was: God damn shit they did it again, and killed a potential lesbian character, but then...which may have killed that possibility another way.
>>
>>2395697
I'm tired of this faux-western garbage. Isn't there a spaghetti western film with lesbians? The only one I know was the black clad chick who cucked El Topo and ran away with his girlfriend.
>>
Who else went to see Atomic Blonde? I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>2395790
I love John Wick a lot too but Charlize Theron makes me so fucking weak
>>
>>2395793
I hate john wick so much, let alone it's ripoff.
>>
>>2395202
>hear about this
>by the time I get around to watching it, it's all over
>into the trash it goes
Can't tell if I dodged a bullet or not
>>
>>2395787
i liked it too. other anons have mixed opinions but i'd watch it again for sure.

action scenes were brutal. sex scene was decent for being directed by a dude. it ain't a perfect movie but it was nice to look at. charlize theron was phenomenal.

>>2395798
some people like what you don't like.
>>
>>2395806
I've been hoping to see other people around that liked it too. I'm a sucker for 80s neon lesbians and shit. I liked the sex scene but I also really enjoyed that it was more than just sex.
>>
>>2395686
I'm pretty sure the maid and the dying woman in Viskningar och rop are lovers. Bresson's Les anges du péché is gay if you squint. I don't think there's any yuri in the works of James Cameron.
>>
>>2395680
For me it was actually quite a letdown, it's like a lesbian/bi relation is good but in the past, now it's not needed anymore, hell we didn't even get a kiss in flashback, even Android is now straight version of past lesbian doctor, Two might end with some girl but seeing the end for sure it won't be the doctor, that will end only in death drama, if anything it more sets up Two and Boone cause seeing the last moments of the episode his past gf will end as an evil superwoman who he will need to put down, then make Two lose the doctor once again she never remembers anyway and voila it will happen, or Boone will end with Android after Victor will turn evil and he will get destroyed.

The only possibility for lesbian/bi romance is Two but then her only candidate for now was that lesbian black bodyguard who was written off from plot episodes ago so I don't see it happening this season. The writing is such a mess.
>>
Browsing through my TV listings I see a movie called "Jenny's Wedding" with the synopsis: A lesbian is forced to come out to her family after deciding to finally marry her long time partner ". Anyone seen it, is it worth a watch, or not?
>>
>>2395787
It was okay. The chemistry between Delphine and Lorraine was nice. I feel it would've ended better if Lorraine had made moves to save Delphine by moving her out of Berlin while she wraps things up with the plot instead of Delphine dying.
>>
>>2399252
Yes, but I can't quite tell you why because it's been a while since I saw it.
What I do remember is that it had good dialogue and there was a good scene with the protagonist's father near the end of the movie.
>>
>>2399252
It's worth a watch but it doesn't focuses too much on the gay relationship, it focuses more on the main girl's struggle of coming out to her family and how they deal with their daughter being a lesbian etc.
>>
>>2399252
I liked it. And I loved the soundtrack. But I've gotta say, Jenny and whatever her GFs was called had horrible chemistry. You won't get much in terms of intimacy either. Still liked it though, since it did well enough on the pther parts. The movie doesn't really focus on Jenny's relationship, but more on other people's reaction to it.
>>
>>2399252
I think it is good enough but you can see how uncomfortable one of the actresses is to kissing another woman.
>>
Has anyone compiled a 'best of' list? I just developed an interest in live-action yuri and I'm wondering which movies to check out.
>>
>>2401410
Fucking Åmål (AKA Show Me Love) is the very best.
>>
>>2401585
It seems to be one of the most recommended movies around here, but somehow I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>2401410
Saving Face remains the only /u/ movie that I could watch again at any time.

Runners up:
The Handmaiden
The Duke of Burgundy

For campy fun:
D.E.B.S
Girltrash
>>
>>2401410
See the sticky.
>>
>>2401692
I haven't seen The Duke of Burgundy but I definitely vouch for everything else on this list. I would also add Fingersmith - The Handmaiden is better as a romance, but the plot holds together better in Fingersmith and it makes a better character story.
>>
Is there any really nice lesbian movie or television show that is all about fluff kind of like yuri mangas?
>>
>>2402472
No
>>
>>2402472
There's a Japanese live action lesbian movie called Love My Life that you might like
>>
>>2401827
not that it doesn't deserve to be on the list but I felt the narrative of fingersmith weakened in the final act and took too much agency from the main characters. I think the Handmaiden was much more satisfying narratively despite the 3/4 mark of fingersmith that was largely removed being my favourite part of the book.
>>
>>2402541
The angst on Fingersmith's final parts is delicious though. In the adaptation, we even get to see Maud crying over Sue's bangles. The Handmaiden made it look so easy for the two girls to be together. Not that I didn't enjoy it. It's a 10/10 refreshing take but I'll take Fingersmith over it.
>>
>>2402552
I just didn't like how things fell into place during and after the final showdown without much input from our main characters. I wouldn't say it was so easy in the Handmaiden (movie length issues aside) they had to make all the moves for their happy ending themselves.

I loved the struggle of both characters in fingersmith and it is delicious but I would have loved it much more if it had more of a direct effect on their ending Sue escapes and then is driven mainly by a desire to kill Maude and that does put the knife in play but its really muddy to make that a through line of her own actions leading to her ending. Maude escapes but then gives up and ends up back where she started. Despite loving the twists I felt too much of the narrative weight was passed to Mrs. Sucksby in the final act. Perhaps it's more realistic but it's less satisfying, I sill loved though.
>>
>>2402541
I kinda feel awkward. People here discuss the plot and pacing of Handmaiden but all I can remember are those dumb metal vaginal balls.
>>
>>2402614
Time for a rewatch.
>>
>>2402623
Nah, I didn't really like it.
>>
>>2402614
I give them a pass because of the whole taking ownership of that which used to chain you angle and because the first sex scene was pretty essential in portraying both characters, which I think is fairly rare in film.
>>
>>2395031
If it's just HTTP or flash streaming, http://www.downloadhelper.net

If not, I don't know what to recommend these days. It used to be Orbit Downloader, but sadly they first bundled it with adware then allegedly added a literal DDoS botnet module. Try asking /g/ I guess.
>>
>>2395913
>The writing is such a mess
They keep adding in throwaway gay characters while putting more and more permanent het into literally every plot they can think of. They even added it with Five and the kid in the timetravel episode, what was that unnecessary weird bullshit even for?
>Android is now straight version of past lesbian doctor
They managed to make an already unpalatable development for Android into a bigger fucking mess. The actress who plays Android is too good for this show.
Five is kissing randoms and Two is essentially used as a convenience for the writers so they can do whatever they want with the story. What a fucking waste.
>>
>>2402578
Oh, I see. The letter did the trick and it didn't just involve Mrs. Sucksby. Sue did effort though and it was shown that she was waiting for Maud almost everyday, and for Maud, it's only natural to hide away because she was afraid to be killed. In Fingersmith they only needed to realize that nothing is really against them except themselves. Well, The Handmaiden is great too even without the manipulating Mrs. Sucksby, the gay Gentleman, the child swap cliche, and more than 18 years worth of interlinked fates but it felt like the elements I love in Fingersmith are not present. But The Handmaiden has its own charms I guess.
>>
>>2395031
Can you link it? I've got a bunch of downloaders lying around, wanna try them out.
>>
>>2402472
If you haven't watched Transit Girls then you should. Excuse the title though I thought it was too cheesy. It's about stepsisters falling in love and them dealing with the consequences of people finding about that forbidden love. Anyway, it's a right balance of fluffy/angsty moments and the ending was so good.
>>
>>2403095
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/17299011798/backstage

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.