[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Locodol1.jpg (577 KB, 710x1000)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
With idol still booming in Japan and new groups of girls come and go, I think this is the time we have a thread that combines idol and yuri. Here are some idol series that can be discussed:

Ongoing: Idolm@ster, Tokyo 7th Sisters, Onsen Musume
Upcoming: 22/7, Project Tokyo Dolls
Dead: Idol Jihen, Venus Project
Return when: Locodol, Project 575
For kids: Aikatsu, Pretty Rhythm, PriPara

Obviously, I have missed some, so just list them.

(Somewhat) Previous thread: >>2326774
>>
>previous thread
no kill yourself if you aren't going to use the corpse of the one /a/ tried to force.
>>
>>2418095
>no mention of Love Live

>Idolm@ster, Pretty Rhythm
>yuri
OP you are an atrocity.
>>
>>2418095
Aiu is not at bump limit.
>>
File: xdPzgDO.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>2418099
>>2418111
The other thread doesn't have a clear goal of being an idol thread since the OP pic is from a kids' show that isn't about idol. This thread is intended to be more on idol although it labels three idol shows that are meant for little girls.

>>2418104
Idolm@ster has its own thread which is more of an image dump than anything and it's super slow. Also, you forgot to mention a certain idol series that a certain someone thinks it's yuri enough to have its own thread.
>>
>>2418104
One, I don't give a damn what a, @ or u thinks. It is Yuri if I post Yuri pics and no-one will convince me otherwise.

In any case, moot point since Idolmaster already has it's own thread unless the posters there can be convinced to migrate. It will never be as big as it was in 2011.

>>2418115
Looking forward to this idol general since I always wondered if the fandom can co-exist in one neighbourhood without killing each other. Idolmaster and LL probably cannot. On the other hand, my only concern is how many posters will join up here.

As long as there is a steady stream of fan art and a dedicated bumper, any small time franchise and it's thread can last to bump limit so the question is why everyone else would not stick to their own threads?

On Aikatsu, technically does not need to be here since there are already two existing threads. No matter how many threads it probably will not even stop that other guy from moaning.
>>
>>2418095
Most of these Idol franchises probably have a rhythm game so technically they are Yuri Game thread material unless the franchise has enough material to discuss outside the game.

At the same time, 100% of these games are not discussed by that thread so I doubt they would mind if we take it off them.
>>
>>2418122
Even though Idolmaster and Aikatsu are still welcome, they don't deserve their own threads. Idolmaster is still shoehorning the "let's make Producer-san an actual character" BS while Aikatsu lost /u/'s interest when they made Akari's coord designer a guy and brought more guys. PriPara could've been a recurring thread if it hadn't turned one of the idols a trap which it's poorly treated.
>>
>>2418140
It is not about whether they do or not deserved because I am sure the other side will say that they do. It is about whether there is a will to keep the thread alive. If there is and they prefer to stay in their bitsize thread then they are not leaving.
>>
>>2418140
>Idolmaster is still shoehorning the "let's make Producer-san an actual character" BS
>having a problem with making the eponymous character an actual character
wew
>>
>>2418128
Considering /vg/ is too fast for such a thread and nobody on /jp/ is interested in aidoge, /u/ might actually be the best place to discuss these games.
>>
>>2418095
Change "Yuri Idol Thread" to "Idol Yuri Thread" next time, OP. The former makes it sound like it's only for stuff like Love Live.
>>
>>2418504
There's a thread on /vg/ called /vg/mbgg or a General thread for all Mobage whose threads would not last a day. That includes some Idol Mobage.

A bit iffy about the concept since there's so many mobage that could fit that description that I can't imagine how discussion would flow from one to another since they are discussing almost everything.
>>
>>2418651
I know about that general, but that's not the one I'm referring to. Someone tried to make an /igg/ for Idol Games General and it died pretty quickly.
>>
it seems to me well that "Idols" have their own thread, there are franchises that even during their transmission did not receive love.

Not everything is Yuri, that is known, but this Thread can serve to distinguish from those who are Yuri and those who are mediocre garbage who can not achieve anything no matter how much you try cofcofvenusprojectcofcof.

AKB0048 deserves to be remembered forever, the cup of Pixiv images is 1 or 2 images per month.
>>
>>2418658
That was me. I tried making it twice as IT'S JOKE because the very idea of an Idol General bemused me given how LL and @ soometimes buttheads. So what if they were in the same thread? The idea of an Idol General had been floating around for years.

So I decided to make a thread for every Idol fan to discuss their favourite thread together to see what would happen. Sure it didn't last but I don't regret trying.

If I learned anything is that it seems as though fans of smaller groups seem less likely to butt heads.
>>
File: 64127826_p9.png (1013 KB, 1384x1172)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
>>2418140
Why are you so intent on pushing away some threads because of your arbitrary logic? /u/ has always appreciated yuri content for non-yuri series, so why don't Idolmaster or Aikatsu "deserve" their own threads despite there being literally thousand of images and doujin out there to share?
Tons of yuri fans don't (and shouldn't) care if their favored series contains a man, since they just focus on their favorite pairings. Your kind of logic serves only to distance ourselves from actual yuri, the thing that brought us together in the first place.
>>
>>2418664
I've never finished 0048. Something about the concept just weirded me out even though it makes sense. A shitty authoritarian regime would likely try to co-opt or control music.

Then again I'm fond of Idol Jihen which is just as strange, Idols becoming politicians but keeping their Idol image. Possibly because at times it hits too close to real life (head of state using lawfare to get rid of unwanted, dissenting legislators and fake news to slander them).
>>
>>2418698
>Tons of yuri fans don't (and shouldn't) care if their favored series contains a man, since they just focus on their favorite pairings. Your kind of logic serves only to distance ourselves from actual yuri, the thing that brought us together in the first place.

the problem is that there are cases where a man is no problem and his character value is understood, Saki and Gopri Precure, for example.
In the case of Im@s is more a lot of people being idiots, on both sides. People complaining about the existence of a man of which only 2 characters showed interest (it is even debatable) and on the other side people thinking that because a man and a woman share a dialogue of less than a minute and they look for less than one second, they are official pair (not exaggeration)

In Aikatsu the problem was the arrival of Sena and a little Naoto, but both were no more than other normal secondary characters. On the other side was assumed automatic romance and the real Anime gave no real insinuation (even the episode of Aguri)

Star can not be defended, because Het was being serious, he was rubbing Hints on people's faces in the typical shoddy way, Ako's was particularly annoying and he was a decent character at it best. But it's funny how the whole Ship Tease with Subaru was removed in the second season and the overall participation of M4 reduced pretty much (every damn episode of Yume in S1 had to Subaru for reasons)

In addition Shin also destroyed Aikatsu's credibility by attacking other Idol Animes, especially Love Live.
>>
>>2418703
It is without exaggeration one of the best Idol Animes , struck only by being Idols and more still related to AKB48, it is worth in its own merit.
Idol Jihen also seemed pretty good, I managed to handle his elements better than I expected and if the policy is that way. It has its problems, but it does not deserve to be hated and two real Yuri possibilities.
If anyone has doubts about Idol Memories, it's just like Aikatsu, but worse. It's as if they took an Anime 50 episodes and randomly shot 12 of them and parts in half, seriously.
>>
>>2418726
>on the other side people thinking that because a man and a woman share a dialogue of less than a minute and they look for less than one second, they are official pair
If I may play devil's advocate, this exact logic is what keeps a lot of /u/ afloat, so I can't really be mad at that.
>>
>>2418726
Are you that one LL fan who keeps getting triggered by SHiN when he kinda mocks LL?

He hasn't exactly destroyed Aikatsu's credibility just been such an annoying cunt that I wouldn't blame them if most Aikatsu fans don't want to be in the same thread as him. If anything, he's destroyed his own credibility. Most were willing to tolerate him before and I remember back in the old days of Aikatsu he was not this desperate.

It's only in his desperation for attention/more posters has he become hated.
>>
>>2418726
>>2418731
>animes
>>
>>2418741
Too bad for him. Spoiler: he already has a discord for that sort of thing and he said /u/ is a lost cause. The thread is only a means to post the doujins his group is translating. Kinda sucks LL is the only group dedicated to Aikatsu.
>>
>>2418752
If it's only for doujin dumps I wonder why he doesn't use the recent releases?

As for the shitter, I guess we have to wait for him to get bored of his desperate man persona.
>>
>>2418759
You claimed you remembered him in /a/ for his Aikatsu, but you don't know why Aikatsu only threads exist in /u/?
>>
>>2418735
Not exactly, I've actually noticed that it takes a lot more for the Yuri to take any couple seriously.
The case is concrete is of Im@s CG, is where all my hatred comes from.
I only knew CG by the profiles of TVtropes and for the love of Ra that were horrible readings, it is as if they could not write real characters and only romantic interests, even worse than SAO or AW.
The Anime on the other hand, helped me to introduce myself correctly, Uzuki and Rin felt really genuine and even charming and sweet. Even with other couples I'm only interested after Anime.
But, there is literally NOTHING of real ShipTease with Takeushi, only the worst case of Headcanon that I have seen in my life, Hetfags took a joke and took it seriously. They did not even match the real characters, but interpretations characters that fit what they believed was right. in the end the only character with real chemistry with Takeushi was Mishiro.

It's not about delusions or interpretation, it's about people being directly stupid, even in the OVA what they did was officially sink the couple and they think that's a damn Hint.

Mugino has more bases and is a more rational person than all of them.
>>
>>2418764
You misunderstand me.

When I wrote about the 'Old Aikatsu' I was referring to the Old Aikatsu threads on /u/ dating from 2012 to whenever /u/ started losing interest. He posted there and back then he didn't get up to modern day antics.
>>
File: 62342267_p1.png (826 KB, 1000x1000)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
>>2418766
Even if there is no real, canonical reason to ship someone with anyone, be it het, yuri or yaoi, some people will still decide to take some characters and make their own romatic stories with them. I personally believe this is a creative effort worthy of praise as any other: when I say I can't really be mad about that, it's because of this reason.

Yuri is generally much less popular than het, so the reason that "it takes a lot more for the Yuri to take any couple seriously" as you say, is that there is simply less people willing to understand a relationship as yuri (even when there is factually none) than het.

Most people could see, say, the Producer and Rin interacting and imagine them as a couple; in contrast, only a minority could see Rin and Uzuki as a couple, because the possibility of them being so doesn't even materialize within the former group. They rule out lesbians without even realizing it, through no real fault of their own, and you shouldn't hate them for it, anon. Let people dream their romance as they want it to, even if it seems illogical.
>>
>>2418814
>Even if there is no real, canonical reason to ship someone with anyone, be it het, yuri or yaoi, some people will still decide to take some characters and make their own romatic stories with them. I personally believe this is a creative effort worthy of praise as any other: when I say I can't really be mad about that, it's because of this reason.

I understand that, but creativity when it comes to putting together your own romantic story is different to changing the characters as a whole, what's the point of putting two characters together if they do not even behave like themselves? turning Rin into Yandere is by itself too stupid.

>
Yuri is generally much less popular than het, so the reason that "it takes a lot more for the Yuri to take any couple seriously" as you say, is that there is simply less people willing to understand a relationship as yuri (even when there is factually none) than het.

A general problem is that people do not even know what Yuri is in the first place, as far as popularity is rare, I remember a survey on KiritoType (jat) where the 2011 popular couples were put, they were 6 Yuri couples versus 4 Het, HomuMado first and HibiKana (Precure) second.
>>
>>2418814
>Most people could see, say, the Producer and Rin interacting and imagine them as a couple; in contrast, only a minority could see Rin and Uzuki as a couple, because the possibility of them being so doesn't even materialize within the former group. They rule out lesbians without even realizing it, through no real fault of their own, and you shouldn't hate them for it, anon. Let people dream their romance as they want it to, even if it seems illogical.

I can see chemistry between different characters, this is not limited only to Yuri, my problem was to discard Rin and Uzuki almost by default, although both have chemistry and part of the last chapter was centered on what looked like a pair in danger to break,while with Takeuchi there was no romantic chemistry, even the Anime himself put it as the carriage, which is not a bad role and gives it a deserved importance, but of course people did not see it that way and indirectly despised what the character really meant. I understand that the game is a glorified Galge, but Anime is not the same form.

I do not have any problems with Het in general, I just get mad when something is too stupid and people do not see that as a bad thing.
>>
>>2418499
>/u/ is about girls loving girls
>Idolmaster and Steven Universe are about the eponymous MALE protagonist
>/u/ has a thread for them
Nice logic, /u/.
>>
>>2418766
Why are you even reading about het shipping?
I just stop reading posts or looking at fanart from shows I'm interested in for yuri the moment I realize they're het, the same as when I see a yaoi post or image.
>>
>>2418814
UzuRin is real amd CG S2 was about Rin trying to protect her smile. The only reason S1 happened was because of that smile.
>>
>>2418991
Idol drinking game: take a shot every time a character says "kagayaki" or "egao".
>>
>>2418520
Better keep it as "Yuri Idol Thread," just like the Yuri Game Thread.
>>
File: Go_go_575_crew.jpg (37 KB, 400x452)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
.....are we going to see them again?
>>
File: 64469229_p0.jpg (197 KB, 700x875)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2418933
those two are Yuri to trust, the male characters have their own romantic interests, LWA and RWBY are more worrying cases, really.

>>2418991
That's what I was talking about, their relationship is important for the story, I did not know much about the game, the Anime made me send all the couples in CG.

We are talking about the known Animes, are there more relevant Yuri Idol that are not well known?

I even remember that MAL put a list of Idol Animes that had failed, but I do not know if it was Yuri, but from the list of "best" I'm sure the great majority was not (at least the ones I did not know).
>>
File: Ae61M35.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>2418726
>Star can not be defended
WUT

Yeah, it's totally not gay and very straight. Please KYS, Onee-sama.
>>
File: v3wtzlA.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>2421111
>>
File: lgrB1RQ.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2421111
Right side of pic is important.
>>
File: Fn2K5nc.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>
File: uzsAf7P.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>
File: T1AoJ00.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
File: 58620443_p0.jpg (675 KB, 707x1000)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>2421111
that would have been great if the film was not ignored enough and claimed that the important part never happened, what happened to the bracelets? the other less important aspects, are more remembered.

The real problem is that every episode with Subaru, especially what they focus on Yume, had Ship tease forced and boring. Yume felt nothing and Subaru was suggested at one point, but in S2 mysteriously there is none of this, Ako is still a real problem, especially that his Ship tease with Kanata is still alive.

I am not exaggerating and much less being paranoid, I only complain about something that is happening on the screen and it is very stupid, it also bothers me that it is not seen as something bad.
>>
Explain the popularity behind this pairing.
>>
>>2421150
Why does everybody have to be gay? Seriously, the only issue I have with Ako is that Sunrise seems to be totally shafting her. Being Ako is suffering, I guess. She gets shafted on her brand (she still doesn't have one). It looks like she might even be shafted on an SPR, also. I don't even care if she's straight. It's not like in Tamako Market where poor Midori gets the short end of the stick. I'm totally happy w/ Laura and Yume. Quit being paranoid and just enjoy the damned idol show. It's turned out to be really good. Remember also it's not aimed at YOU to be its target audience. Hell, be happy they're giving us ANYTHING. There are lots of shows that give us nothing.
>>
File: MikiMako_02.jpg (280 KB, 600x575)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>2421330
Miki and Tsubasa? No idea. I know almost 0 about Million Live. Miki is a mystery, though... She seems to be gay and then seems to be straight. I personally ship her with Makoto. I blame NekoNeko Ranks doujinshi for this

>TFW Ranks B, A, and S+ fucking never.
>>
>>2418095
>Project Tokyo Dolls
>Upcoming
Upcoming what? The game is already out.
>>
>>2421896
The bad thing comes when being in love with Subaru and having shiptease with Kanata, are part of their character traits, for an Anime where this is not the main focus, it is a bad thing.

Stop being idiots, everything about Subaru went completely serious, until mysteriously the second season buried that and reduced M4 quite in comparison with the first season. even Subaru was removed from the Opening, I know I'm not the target audience, but why restrain something like this?

My problem is that his first intentions were too obvious and stupid.
>>
>>2421902
I've always seen her as bi, leaning towards straight. I like her with Makoto too though, and for the same reason as you.
>>
I'll personally consider this thread a failure if by the end of it we don't have at least one image of two idols from different series making out.
>>
File: hBVcAMD.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2422232
Nee-chan.... you are the most paranoid autistic person I've seen in a while. Most people are kinda glad M4 isn't really in the spotlight in S2. Yume NEVER felt anything for Subaru except for like what you'd feel toward an annoying brother where, when he's out of sight, he's out of mind. Ako's obsessed with him, but he seems not interested in her except as a novelty kitty. Kanata seems to like her though, and that's fine, I guess... Ako's straight. Both Yume and Laura don't give 2 shits about M4 except when they have to be in like a variety show or somesuch with them.

Just watch the show and quit overthinking shit. They're not gonna suddenly make Yume (or Laura) go full het. Besides, don't watch this show because of yuri stuff. Watch it because it's a really fun, cute idol show that happens to have some pretty heavy yuri subtext between Yume and Laura (which I absolutely love, btw)
>>
>>2422372
shut up Shin

>>2422377
>Both Yume and Laura don't give 2 shits about M4
Please, that's what I've been saying.
What I find funny as they got rid of Subaru's supposed importance in history, if this had been something that the target audience wanted, then why take it away?

The point is that they were serious in the Het and as they failed miserably, they pretended that nothing happened.
The second season was a huge improvement over the first, but in general terms the franchise is not at its best that we say.
>>
>>2422387
Don't liken me to namefags. I don't even like Aikatsu!
>>
>>2422372
To be frank, I am glad that we start off like this. It is good that we have a detailed discussion about the issues between idol and yuri, and /u/ will never fully accept the likes of Idolmaster and Aikatsu. It is like that ongoing discussion about LWA and other subtext shows in the general thread.
>>
>>2422401
I feel that people in /u/ accuse things to Idolm@ster and Aikatsu of what they really are not guilty, but loses sight of the real problems.

I understand that Idol is not necessarily Yuri, but there are stories that if they are and that is the reason why the thread exists and I do not see anything wrong.
>>
>>2422417
Fuck the rest of them I say. The only good thing is that unlike the Hibikek shitstorm these faggots don't go to @ threads to bitch about why it's on the board thus derailing the entire thread.
>>
File: 227_01.jpg (73 KB, 650x460)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-24/yasushi-akimoto-produced-idol-unit-22-7-unveils-cg-music-video/.120482

Please be ours, 22/7.
>>
>>2423703
Even if they are o/u/rs, the motion capture CG is so bad it is embarsssing.
>>
I vaguely knew about /u/'s war on idol anime but have never paid attention. I don't know what it's about and what are other people's reason, but personally for me, I don't like this genre because it's idolshit, not because it's only subtext or that there are male characters.

I look down on idol career as a whole (even though I know it takes a lot of efforts). It's just selling youthful looks and fake dreams (from no-boyfriend policy to fake lesbianism) to a superficial audience and got discarded once you reach adulthood. I can't respect this industry, so it prevents me from taking any of the character seriously no matter how hard they work.
>>
>>2423788
Sugoi blog post, Aneki.
>>
>>2423797
Damn it does read like one. That wasn't my intention, sorry. I just want to explain that some people's disdain with idolshit isn't because it's different from other bland CGDCT subtext shit, but because of the career itself. Had it not been idol but any other related career (singer, dancer, model), I'd have watched these shows with glutton.
>>
>>2423788
>/u/'s war on idol anime
There's no 'War' on Idol Anime. A bunch of posters dislike certain shows for the reasons you mention but otherwise posting goes on as usual.
>>
>>2423788
I get you, but idol carrer is pretty much just the start point for these girls to get a name at all and end up doing a more compensating job. Not that some format aren't evil (AKB), but that's not how all of them works. Look at Love Live. The original girls already graduated and will be doing all kind of jobs now, from seiyuu to singer. Other thing LL does right is that they're actresses interpreting characters. It's not about fake lesbianism because Pine is not Maki. They're just giving the characters fans some service based on those ships, kind like the seiyuus do for characters like Nanoha and Fate. It's also less creepy because you're not caring about a real life person's life, but the character she's doing.

That's why I only care about fictional idols, actually. It's not different from others shows, the seiyuu just happen to dance and sing as well. In fact, I think this format becoming more sucessfull than the AKB one is for the better.

Otherwise there's a lot of animes you shouldn't watch anymore, because seiyuu making shows singing the anime's theme is pretty common. Not much different than idol shows do.
>>
>>2423862
I don't understand what you're trying to say. My problem with idols isn't the fact that they do different activities, but that they sell an image.

A seiyuu can sing and dance and flip burgers as her side job all she wants; that doesn't make her an idol. It's when she starts selling a persona, a fantasy, that she becomes an idol - and also when I stop caring. I don't hate people for doing what they do to earn a living, I hate the career itself.
>>
>>2423880
I understand hating real Idols, but those of the 2D world if we really get to know them and not just a group of girls pretending to be what they are not.

>>2423834
In some cases it is only envy and a little ignorance, Shin's case is directly being a jerk, making contributions does not make him untouchable.

>>2422619
It only upsets me that they judge things superficially and think they know what they say.
>>
>>2423880
I'm saying anime idols aren't different from that. The Love Live, Aikatsu, Bang Dream (not idols, but same style) girls all use the character name in shows, but still have their own name. They're not selling a fake persona, they're interpreting a character. /u/ doesn't even care about real idols like AKB, just anime idols.

So what they do isn't any different from what seiyuu do.
As I said, I don't like the AKb format at all, but anime idols is a different things. Even the ideology in animes like Aikatsu and LL is different from the real format. I remember there's an Aikatsu episode where they say to forbid idols from dating is stupid
>>
>>2423897
If I were to elaborate, the so-called War is really just meta drama over the General. Namefag started using General to promote Aikatsu. More Idol General OPs and Idol-related posts were made and over the past fortnight one guy has been breaking a spleen.

You know, the usual Thread Drama.

>>2423898
>Bang Dream
Bands not Idols.
>>
>>2423898
>say to forbid idols from dating is stupid

you can think that more seriously and not only "purity"
In many cases when a "famous" person gets a partner, it is more than anything a person trying to take advantage of fame and being in a bad relationship can end up with a dead career for different reasons. Indirectly protect them from themselves and the press.
>>
>>2423904
>Bands not Idols.

That's what I said. But let's tell the truth, it's works the same. A group of cute girls doing shows while interpreting characters. There's even an idol band.
The project's creator said he thought idols would soon become unpopular and girl bands would be the next trend.
>>
>>2423908
If you want to put it broadly, both Idols and Bands are CGDCT. That's okay.

However I will probably always be ticked off whenever I see Bang Dream and Idols in the same sentence. Yes, PasuPare exists but that's only one Idol-themed band. It's like calling K-On an Idol show.
>>
>>2423905
Well, only giving an exemple of different ideology. Personally I don't have a problem with the "not dating" in the idol world. It's a temporary carrer and they have a contract.

I never dated anyone in my life and no one is paying me for that.
>>
>>2423897
>>2423898
I think you two still don't really get what I'm saying. The image selling thing doesn't just confine to faking it, I hate everything about idolatry even if it's "real".

Take Gordon Ramsay for example, an idol chef. I know he's good at cooking for real, but I don't like the fact that he earns money from his image as a rude pottymouth.

I much prefer it when the audience support an artist due to their sheer talent and not from marketing strategy. Unfortunately, idols (2D or 3D) by definition is just that. They aren't ugly girls who suddenly silence the entire theater with unbelivably holy voice. The very concept of the industry alienate me.
>>
>>2423905
You can delude yourself if that helps you sleep better at night, yeah. Everyone knows the true reason why "no dating" policy exists. Thanks Madokami my country partakes in no such stupid obsessive practice.
>>
>>2423913
The problem comes when an Idol is an idiot girl who thinks she has world on her hands and ruins it beautifully.
Also to keep in mind that many Idols Fans are really idiots who see them as pets as people, the sad thing is that neither the Seiyuus are safe from that.

Does anyone else remember that short Idol Anime with a terrible CG sequence?
It was horrible for other reasons.
>>
>>2423916
It comes with the carrer, though. And they're aware of that. It's like how if you want to be a catholic priest, you know you aren't supposed to have sex, and the reason is also stupid.

Now, idol fans are idiot. But in the end, the idols are the ones getting the better of this between both. They pretend to be pure, so dumb guys will give them money. I would say it's fair.
>>
>>2423915
The same can be said of ... literally everything, there are many things that sell for aggressive marketing campaigns, people can have talent, but in the end someone else owns their lives in some way.
Many players make money just by existing, are practically pets and many others may have talent, but they are not as sponsored.

But overall I can see that they share the same Idol vision as Yamakan and we already know how it all ended. (I know there's second season, no WUG is not something to celebrate, the movie worked better)

>>2423916
No, I also knew his purpose, that's why I said indirectly.
>>
T7S has an i-n-g survey up.

>>2423915
That's why you play idol games for the esports. That way you know that you're choosing the most talented for your purposes.
>>
File: IMG_0323.jpg (357 KB, 1261x761)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
It's kind of funny that all the girls in 22/7 were designed by different artists but in the end they're all going to have the same look in the anime
>>
>>2423788
If you've watched enough Idol Anime you'll probably understand what I mean when I say most of them present a very idealised, squeeky-clean image of Idols with dreams and fluff. Which is disconcerting given all the negative news about them and I agree with you that the shit sucks. I may like some group's music but I will never accept that artists should not have the autonomy to live their own lives and choose to have relationships. That's the issue, the autonomy.

The real question is, should Idol Anime focus on all of that? Do they even have a duty to do so? I don't mind too much since from the anime I've seen like Love Live it's enjoyable enough without the need to be cynical.

I will say this though, if you must go down that route go all the way. That's the best thing about Perfect Blue. It was no holds back about crazy stalkers and coercion into doing things for fame.

Recent contemporaries like WUG were disappointing as it tried to do that...for like 3 episodes. I appreciate the sentiment from Yamakan and it's one I agree with but then he went to 'let's put these girls through random drama every episode like a old woman gets sick and have someone sprain their ankle.'

I can't help but wonder if WUG's voice was suppressed by the very virtue of it's connections with the industry. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but WUG is signed with Avex, a company that has a recent past into the same kind of bullshit. When Yuu Serizawa from iRis, a group with Avex, was found wearing a ring she apologised to her fans later because.

Now with the fact that your music backer could be acquiescing or even a supporter of the same kind of culture, I wonder whether Yamakan was censored or had to self-censor his message of 'Idols can have boyfriends.'

I'm not ruling it out though as corporate pressure and fear of losing revenue has caused others to be muted in their criticism.
>>
>>2423925
>The same can be said of ... literally everything
No. A respectable profession is one where you sell a product without relying on a creepy fantasy. A talkshow host can sell her personality well into her old age. A sport player doesn't need the no-dating policy. A scientist doesn't have to smile in public even if she's tired. All of these people only need to focus on their craft and behave like a civilized human in order to earn money; THAT's what make them respectable.

>>2424286
Again, I'm not disliking idol just because I think they're all talentless. it's the inherent idea of IDOL that repulse me. If your girl is so talented with singing, why not just have her become a singer? Entering competitions like The Voice? Admit it, the reason she's not just a singer but an idol is because you're also selling her image. The same voice on a different, less attractive person (be it appearance or personality) will not earn much.

>>2424364
>should Idol Anime focus on all of that? Do they even have a duty to do so?
No. I don't demand that, and I don't care even if they do. I hate the concept of idol so regardless if the show present the good side or bad side, dishonest or honest depiction, it won't warm me up to the girls. I don't hate them, I hate what they do and I hate their patrons. This conversation has never been "how to fix idol anime" in the first place. I'd watch a "how do we kill the idol industry" anime though.
>>
>>2424394
>A talkshow host can sell her personality well into her old age.

You really believe celebrities sell their own personalities? Come on, now.
They sell what is actractive in the place they're doing it.
>>
>>2424394
>you're also selling her image
Meh. I never really cared about this 'image' especially if it doesn't come off as genuine. Probably why I enjoy the anime depiction of Nico so much which presented her persona as one huge joke not to be taken seriously.

Your music either entertains me or it doesn't. That's my only criteria for these Idol groups.
>>
>>2424395
The difference is that people don't stop following a talkshow host just because they reach a certain age or if they start dating or get a divorce or get fat. People don't IDOLIZE them. They know the person they're watching is a human and they simply watch the talkshow because their verbal skill is genuine.
>>
>>2424299
What's so funny about it?

They did the same thing in Idol Jihen and Onsen Musume.
>>
>>2424394
>how do we kill the idol industry
T7S depicted it quite well. Just make sure no 777 Sisters pops up.
>>
File: 4Ua.jpg (71 KB, 600x557)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xqHVHCgoI

Need a second pair of eyes. Are they actually playing their instruments?

Because if they are Mamimi, Marianne and Mayushii need to step up their game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3G7dBGmPqc
>They kept Yamakan's useless shit self-insert even after he was banished
Just fucking why?
>>
>>2424411
Idol industry has been around for decades, has billions invested in it, and probably has ties to if not outright run by the yakuza.
You might as well ask "how do we kill the record industry?"
>>
Maybe people are simply exaggerating about CG

>>2423703

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw7dlXrkrEU
>>
>>2424487
I think the same excuse that they did not give up on Jarjar.

>>2424407
because it's stupid, that's why it's funny, Bikini Warrios and QBG had clear different designs for their characters and felt a bit weird at some point, but in the end it was a nice touch. The worst thing about the project is not only to ruin the different designs, but to choose "those" designs in a general way.

>>2424394
>If your girl is so talented with singing, why not just have her become a singer? Entering competitions like The Voice?

Many artists (who only sing) also maintain images that are "friendly" to the general public, the labels are practically masters of their "lives"
>>
File: IMG_0324.jpg (61 KB, 848x480)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2424794
Slightly off topic, but the Queen's Blade Grimoire OVAs actually used Urushuhara designs for some of the characters.
Pic related is what it it looks like when you put two distinct styles into a anime

Also kind of funny because the angel (the character he presumably designed) is the only one who hasn't gotten a game book
>>
Why is there so much drama in this thread?
>>
>>2424922
because Yamakan was a mistake
>>
File: Kuroko_facetable.gif (1.21 MB, 640x360)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>mfw this thread
>>
>>2424967
Now you see why we have to separate idolshit from the general thread. Better take all the argument out before we get to the good stuff.
>>
>>2425021
You are making it sound like this thread will be enough to keep it out.
>>
>>2424487
Maybe he'll finally do something important this season?
>>
File: DIAdY2MU0AIOmrz.jpg orig.jpg (239 KB, 1308x1526)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Sugoi """idol""" no hanashi onee-chan-tachi
>>
>>2425093
>Maybe he'll finally do something important this season?
If would be better if he does nothing or is relegated to be a minor character. Even better if he wasn't there at all.
>>
>>2424394
I do understand where you're coming from, but you aren't doing esports hard enough. If you are, you won't see an idol. You won't even see a girl. All you'll see are numbers and statistics. Then you number crunch like mad and use whatever gives the best results.

Besides, in both 2D and 3D it's next to impossible to be respected for your craft and your craft alone. The image is also important because it makes you more memorable and less one-dimensional, so there's also a bit of practicality to this. Hardly anyone regards Ivan Lendl to be a greater tennis player than John McEnroe for this reason, for example. Idol singers simply use an image that makes people remember them, and like them. Personally for me, it doesn't matter what their image is, or even if they have one, as long as it doesn't stop them from dedicating themselves to honing their craft, which to me is the most important.

>>2425023
Half is already good enough.
>>
>>2425108
>If would be better if he does nothing or is relegated to be a minor character
I'll presume you did not watch the First Season or your memory has faded after 3 years. Because that is exactly what happened in S1.

I don't care if he is there, since the show never turned into him trying to date the girls, as long as he has a reason for being there. If he were to be fired, replace him with the Dance instructor.

>>2425102
Sup SHiN.
>>
>>2424922
After 90-100 threads, we have learned that:
1. Fans of smaller franchises once combined probably will not be ripping into each other's throats
2. Some people will never be able to separate Idol Anime from the negative context it came from and will hate it by association.
3. Some Yuri fans just want to bitch about the self-inserts in these series.

I almost missed the days know what? I don't care. The relationships are good and when the nearly a year long T7s thread kept going without a single bitch and yes, it does have a male character.
>>
>>2426117
>The relationships are good and when the nearly a year long T7s thread kept going without a single bitch and yes, it does have a male character.

I'm curious about this franchise, this thread can be considered an opportunity for that, I think.

>>2424909
It is possible and even interesting, I resent that change of design in Anime Idol, the more momest it is that the final design was the type "kyoany" plus PV of the PV... this franchise have something else to where to stand?

The problem is not the presence of a male character, but this is misused. Sadly it has already happened before, so they are not unfounded fears, this gives bad reputation to series that if they use their men well.
>>
File: OnsenIdol9.png (3.3 MB, 1198x1200)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
Bringing this here since >>2425130 is too retarded to use the catalog.

Nice Idol discussion you have going here.

https://onmusu.club/n/n5a83a1ba7271?gs=7683357c1457
New Onsen Girls. Still haven't been able to track down which Onsen she is from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaFzNiLOZf0

New Onsen Idol song. Marianne!
>>
>>
>>
Aoi's waifu will always be Ichigo though.
>>
>>2424299
>8 girls
>not 9 girls
So much for my LL x 22/7 crossover.
>>
>>2424299
What's with the 22/7 name?
>>
>>2429620
Either they all have the gimmick of being born on the 22nd of July, or they only get two hours of sleep a night.
>>
>>2426405
The player character (the 支配人) is canonically a guy, just like his predecessor. The episodes just have much fewer idols with romantic feelings for him than, say, im@s (not that /u/ cares about it, I know), leaving a lot more room for shipping. The rivals and the legends have even more shipping fuel. Especially Ume.
>>
>>2429724
Offer him a sacrificial lamb like Makoto or Susu. That should tie him up. Then again I'm slowly starting to like MusuSusu so that may not be a good idea.

Musubi is rich enough to have two wives. One Maid Wife and One Big-Spending Tanned Foreign Wife.
>>
>>2429751
Makoto is good enough. She's the one girl I'm 0% willing to ship with anyone else. I guess anyone else is fair game.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-09-17/wake-up-girls-shin-sho-anime-reveals-new-visual/.121461

The art looks really horrid.
>>
File: wug-kv.jpg (166 KB, 495x700)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2431125
Forgot pic.
>>
>>2431125
>The art looks really horrid.
>>2431127
That doesn't look bad to me, and concept art and posters aren't always a representation of the animated product.
>>
>>2431182

Watch >>2424487 and tell me again that doesn't look bad to you.
>>
https://puchitranslates.com/home/2017/9/14/ryqp9r54cy577o2tkv0vsif8e7a8bw

Harukaze's prequel novel Yukikaze has been translated. Read it, then go rewatch the Harukaze PV.
>>
File: DKFh3ndUMAIPpl6[1].png (547 KB, 768x1024)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>
>>2431125
I wonder how they'll fit the 3 New Girls from RGR into this.
>>
>>2429751
Based on Susu's art which show white marks where her bra straps are I'm convinced she's tanned rather then brown.

Having grown up in a country where I've been reminded of the dangers of getting a tan (there is nothing healthy about it) since young, I am convinced that if MusuSusu does happen and they get married to the approval of everyone Musubi will only watch her wife die slowly from skin cancer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drUzkFXA_nU
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-21/klab-kadokawa-collaborate-on-project-parallel-multimedia-project/.121670
Worth hyping?
>>
>>2433239
Magical Girls and Idols?

COUNT ME IN!
>>
What are your favorite Aikatsu yuri couples? I go with easy couples like IchigoAoi and YurikaAnygirl.
>>
http://hikarinoakariost.info/227-boku-wa-sonzaishiteinakatta-1st-single/

Well at least the music is easy on the ears.

I'm wondering if the Seiyu are doing some gay 4 pay that AKB has become famous for.
>>
>>2432889
>everyone with a tan is doomed to have skin cancer
>>
>>2435004
That's literally the impression you get growing up here and from the ads they put on TV. There is NOTHING healthy about a tan.
>>
>>2436446
I wish smoking ads were this effective.
>>
>>2437223
You don't get high from a suntan tbf. And you do still see loads of people tanned/burned where I'm from and we definitely get bombarded with stuff about skin cancer. (Which is probably why we have one of the highest rates in Europe.)
>>
File: 227seiyu.jpg (133 KB, 777x758)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=10m17s&v=eyCZc_M5aEI

So Sally speaks like a Valley Girl in English.
>>
>>2437765
>So Sally speaks like a Valley Girl in English.
Yeah, cause she's from LA
>>
File: ChiharuSally.jpg (81 KB, 830x817)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Sally is becoming extremely popular among English-speaking fans.
>>
File: SakuRei.jpg (65 KB, 1200x597)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
She's been labelled a ghetto meme idol. English fans get her to dab in her Showroom.
>>
File: DLSGpG4UEAA3Cq6.jpg (179 KB, 715x1200)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Live jack back up. Ready your wallets.

Though it's changed a lot from the first two live jacks.
>>
>>2442205
>Wallets
>Needing wallets
I have an entire stockpile of Donuts which I only use for Raids now since every event has it's own stamina.

I also have a bunch of free gems from the endless login campaigns.

So no, I don't need to ready my wallet unless I really want to get into the Top 10 with the most popular Idol. I was Top 30 last round.
>>
>>2442217
>not even aiming for top 10
You sicken me.
>>
Obligatory Gay4Pay?
https://twitter.com/1024z46/status/915736275260493824
>>
>>2442431
I selected Jedah, who historically has a very low Top 10 Cutoff.

I should be able to make it with this easy mode.

Or maybe not since the game has changed.
>>
>>2442703
That's rare we got a bilingual idol
>>
File: Ugetsu 04.jpg (161 KB, 980x1412)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Syoko Sachiko
Comforting each other against work pressure
>>
>>2442801
It's going to be piss easy to tier now due to all the dummy accounts bumping up the number of participants. You just need to be in the top 3% to get a ticket.
>>
>>2442807
Funny thing is her 1st language is English and her 2nd language is Japanese.
>>
>>2442831
What happened? Did someone even dare to suggest to Sachiko that she wasn't cute?

Because I totally would.
>>
>>2426405
>>2429724
>>2429751
The Nidai Shihainin (the player character) is canonically a fanboy of the 7th Sisters, and his reason for becoming a shihainin is so he can raise a group of idols on par with the legends (the Shodai Shihainin, his predecessor, has to be pretty badass considering he was the one who raised the 7th Sisters).

Before shipping anyone with anyone else, this consideration comes first. Any shipping made should thus preferably come with an increase in performance level and skill gain rate of the idol(s) involved. For this reason, Musubi for example would be better off with Susu alone than with Haru as well. Susu is more or less a wildcard who's fine with just about anyone.
>>
Anyone watching the new Wake Up Girls? Is it worth it?
>>
>>2442801
Looking at Jedah's rank table, you won't get any ticket unless you're the top whale. Even 2nd place puts you in B.
>>
File: Musubi2.jpg (137 KB, 1200x1177)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>2447701
See my third line.

>>2444349
Give me MusuHaru or give me death.

>>2447280
Get back to you soon.
>>
>>2447713
The problem is, top 10 is no longer enough to get a ticket. I also know it changed, but until I took a closer look at the rankings, I didn't think it'd change that much to the extent of giving only the top 1 person a ticket.
>>
>>2447713
As an idol, Haru wants to bring smiles to people. Musubi only got dragged into being an idol because she's better at singing than she thinks she is (but more importantly, yakisoba bread). Their motivations clash too much; shipping them together will only cause them to drag each other down, which runs contrary to the Shihainin's aims.

Someone like Hime might be a better choice for Musubi thank Haru would. Haru would be better off being shipped with Rona or Ume.
>>
>>2447730
>thank
than*
>>
File: YumenoVision.jpg (138 KB, 640x960)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/emokowanibuchi/status/915915245733810176
Other than QoP harem, Yumeno has some strange ships.

>TomoRonaJedah Love Triangle
>TashaSisala Age Gap
>Kyoko onee-sama and her Maid Ayu.
Confirmed Crack Vision.
>>
I finally saw the first episode of WUG.

things feel a little more "alive" feels that Yamakan was the one who was ruining things.
in part it was difficult to know if it is speaking of the Anime or the group WUG, could be interpreted of the two forms.

The CG for some reason was better than normal animation.

In itself, it's nice and I just hope it goes completely away from Yamakan's vision of Idol, I understand how the industry works, but I'm not interested.
>>
>>2442801
Top 10 for unpopular idols is a complete meme. Everyone and their cousin can tell that you just padded your position. No. 1 for Jedah is considered less prestigious than no. 11 for, say, Makoto, even though the reward is less valuable.
>>
File: MayuAiri.jpg (48 KB, 500x420)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2448473
>>2447280
I still see hints of Yamakan's vision here.

If you remember WUG Series 1, it was about the poor run down Idol group trying to compete with the Megastars and trying to break out but facing setbacks. If the WUG anime ended with the movie sequels you would think the show ends like every other Idol Anime, them becoming huge successes. Itagaki has retcon that ending where despite their one victory over I-1 they still aren't popular. Essentially we are back to Season 1 under Yamakan with the underdog, barely known Idols v the hugely popular AKB clone.

That's not to say there aren't some changes. Yamakan once said he planned to follow the group from debut to disbandment. In this season, the economy is apparently so bad that a number of Idol Group are shuttering and even the best group, the rivals I-1 are finding it tough.
With the fact that they aren't that well-known if WUG doesn't succeed, they could risk disbandment. Hence the essence of Yamakan's end vision is here in spirit as well.

So in short we've gone back to the huge underdog idols and not the underdogs who go to a massive success story added with the possible threat of shuttering.

I imagine this season will see WUG doing everything possible to avoid that fate.

So we have Aqours trying to save their school (again).
WUG trying to save themselves.
>>
>>2448954
What about Yamakan's self-insert guy? Is he still around?
>>
>>2448967
that is a problem? the guy is just an employee and also serves as a boxing bag.

It's like people moaning stupidly for another employee on Idol Jinhen and if there was Yuri a little badly handled, but there was.

Personally the current season WUG is more enjoyable, it still has "realism" but it is not the horrible form that is normally used.
like the Akb-clone on the Venus Project, that was stupid.
>>
NI+CORA = Mususubi
>>
With all the Wake Up Girls living in the same house now (except for three of them) the yuri factor is increased greatly.
>>
>>2448954
>If the WUG anime ended with the movie sequels
I didn't know there were movies after the first season. Wonder if I should watch them now, watch them after season 2 ends, or not watch them at all...(are they recommended viewing?)
>>
>>2451392
Until now I remember that there was a movie ... there are 2 after the Anime? I think I sadly have it, but I think I forget to look at it.

I think it will ruin everything and I can not do anything to fix it.
>>
>>2448971
Of course, he's still a problem. Could've been better if he was fired and vanished forever as a jab to Yamakan. This anime could've moved on without him either. Yamakan never "saved" anime, he ruined it.
>>
Redpill me on Re:Stage - Prism Step, /u/.
>>
>>2453203
Fuck off.
>>
>>2453205
Isn't it an idol game?
>>
>>2452939
I think there are people who without irony believe that "save the Anime" can also swear that they have SAO and Tokyo Ghoul as favorite Animes. I wonder to what extent Yamakan really knew what he was doing, his shock with fractale was something beautiful.

Already with the second chapter, I still see no problem the "yamakan" is just an employee and does his job although to be fair my eyes always focus on the legs of the president

but overall, this WUG season is more enjoyable, there are problems but it is not necessary to turn it into a dark and forced drama. This time if it really worth seeing this Anime.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.