[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: sc3d_kiss.jpg (449 KB, 1280x720)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
Hello everyone, I'm creator of an anime dating sim known as "Shoujo City", looking for comments and feedback.

The game is a spiritual successor of sorts to the discontinued Japanese MMORPG Ai Sp@ce. After it was shut down back in 2011, I always wanted to recreate that concept, but with real gameplay, and more focus on relationships with your girlfriend, so you can kiss, hold hands, hug, date, and do various other things together.

Video with the kissing/pocky game feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3pP7RKEc9A

The game is free and can be downloaded for PC and Mac at http://shoujocity.com

The very first alpha build was released on September 1, and the game will be updated on a regular basis. All comments/ideas/feature suggestions are welcome.
>>
Copypasted wrong video link, sorry. Correct one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVs8LFIDAo
>>
Got any more screen shots?
>>
Downloading it now, looks cute. Is there a cuddling session feature?
>>
I would not be very sure...
> free
Oh let's go

Seriously speaking my PC is weird, I just hope it works without problems.
>>
I know it's in alpha, but there wasn't really a lot to do that I could tell. The girl wanted fried potatoes. Had pan and skillet and cutting board but nothing to cook.

Keep posted on updates.
>>
>>2424719
That BGM during the pocky game. It's suspense thriller!
>>
>>2424713
Alright so I spent all my money on panties, fucked up my date, and then ran around the school with my girlfriend in our underwear.
Pretty fun so far.
>>
>>2424720
Will post more later, I'm away from home right now.

>>2424854
It sounds better in the actual game, with changing tempo as you progress through stages.

>>2424721
No. A lot of things and features are to be added as yet.

>>2424779
The potatoes are sold in the conbini store. If you still didn't figure out how to get out of the apartment, walk towards the entrance door and click on it. You will see a navigation map.
>>
>>2424713
>hold hands
But that's lewd
>>
Screenshots looks like bastard of YanSim and AA2.
So, what do you want to make? Sandbox with customised blank characters or default datesim in 3D?
>>
I'm gonna go full Jim Sterling here.

If the girl wants something that needs to be cooked or watermelon it's gg no re, because I have no idea how something is cooked (the only indication is for fried eggs) and the UFO catcher where the watermelons are is >Unity physics engine at its best.
The "school" is where most of the game takes place, being the place where the stores and the dating point are, and at no point does any activity seem to actually include the school.
The dates seem to be trial and error. Had to restart because "I want watermelon slices" and the girl that said she liked parties now seems to not like them, and there's no indication of the changes or whatnot. Also some of the questions are really awkward. Nothing more romantic than asking about the universe or Shinto, am I right?

Other than the above mentioned nitpicking, it's fun. Full of promise. Can't wait to play more of it.
And thank God. For me.
>>
>>2424910
Quite so. That's why you'll have to level up before unlocking activities like that.

>>2424921
A love child of Ai Sp@ce and Tokimeki Memorial would be a more accurate description, I think. A waifu simulator, where you'll have to take care of your girlfriend.

>>2424928
When you start a new game you get a new randomly generated girlfriend, and her likes/dislikes towards food and topics will be different.

Dating lines are pulled from a database of available dialogues. I'm writing those whenever I have free time. When I have more dialogues, conversations will be more consistent, e.g., you'll talk about Shinto only when dating near a Shinto shrine. But for the time being I have to use whatever I have. All game dialogues are stored in a wiki and everybody is welcome to participate by writing new dialogues: http://wiki.shoujocity.com
>>
>>2424921
> datesim in 3D
I guess this.
>>
>>2424947
> by writing new dialogues: http://wiki.shoujocity.com
As I understand, according to your email, you are from Russia, so I want to help write in russian and english a new dialogue.
>>
>>2424951
Please send an email, and you'll get a wiki account. All new dialogues should be first written in English, since it's default language the game can't work without. All wiki contributors will be listed in game credits.
>>
Will there be a Christmas Cake OL version?
>>
It was kinda hard to move my character. I felt stressed kek.
>>
>>2424955
Okay, I will write you on email.
> All new dialogues should be first written in English, since it's default language the game can't work without.
No problem. I can do it in English too.
>>
Fucking watermelons.
>>
>>2425048
This shit is harder than real crane machines
>>
>>2425056
Well you are trying to grab a hard sphere with it. Literally the worst thing you could be trying to pick up.
>>
>>2424963
There's two different movement types that can be switched between in the phone settings.

I have a suggestion. When rotating the camera, you currently can't rotate it if an obstacle is in the way. Other games with manual camera control in 3d instead zoom in the camera to prevent it going inside walls.
>>
File: Capture.png (58 KB, 226x221)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Oops
>>
>>2425131
why not give the player the option to use the mouse to rotate the screen, and have it unlock itself from that when a certain key is pressed (like in the first Witcher game)

also keybindings for the different buttons in the main game screen? don't really know how hard it is to do this on Unity, but since on a custom game engine using glfw/glew it's literally two/one extra line i doubt it's hard to add
>>
>>2424893
Looks like a fun game.
>>
File: sc3d_002.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>2424958
If you mean older women, no, sorry. That wouldn't really into current theme of the game.

>>2425048
>>2425056
It's supposed be hard, because UFO Catchers will be used to obtain rare collectible items, like anime figurines. Watermelons are used only for testing, because I have no actual UFO prizes yet.

>>2425131
That's most probably how it will work in next update. I'm still working on camera.

>>2425145
Yes, adding keyboard shortcuts is just a couple lines of code. Will be added in next update.
>>
>>2424713
Sounds like something I wanna play and make. Sure, I'll try to contribute to this.
>>
>>2424713
Why do these anime games always have flat skin texturing and no shadows? Use darker colors around the edges, man.
>>
File: 32c7a.jpg (51 KB, 625x603)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2425582
< Do you mean shading similar to what Disney is doing in its 3D CG cartoons? It doesn't look good when applied to anime characters. Most anime games want to recreate in 3D space visual appeal and scenery similar to 2D anime, hence using special "anime" shaders, as opposed to more "realistic" full-shadow shaders used by Disney.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (104 KB, 1067x600)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Girlfriend got mad at me for burning her soda and tea so I gave her a squirrel. She was having none of it.

10/10 would ruin relationship again.
>>
File: bodyroll.png (12 KB, 200x325)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>2425641
It doesn't have to be that complex at all. Just draw the shading manually on the model's skin. You've done that it seems to a certain extent, but it's still not visible enough.
>>
>>2425641
Also, the skin texture should be less flat. Should be like pic related, the skin color doesn't look flat and the jeans look 3 dimensional.

Just a suggestion if you want your game to look better.
>>
This is amazing, keep up the good work
>>
>>2425775
It looks like she's taken to the apology-squirrel at least.
>>
How the fuck do you kiss?

Twice now the mood has said "kiss" and when talking she said "We can't do that here" or "it's too embarrassing" So I went home to get my kiss on, and the hearts and the kiss mood immediately went away. Next day she got to the kiss mood again, so this time I wondered around in the school area looking for a place she would actually kiss. After a few places trying, her mood just went down by itself and I never got to do it.
Truly the Dark Souls of lesbian schoolgirl dating games.
>>
>>2426282
You seem to need to be holding a box of pocky, then insist three or more times until the kiss happens.
>>
>>2426282
You should use pocky. When you click on her, one of phrases is "It's too embarrassing... maybe you have some pocky for... um...". Direct kiss is unlocked at level 50 (which right now is the only unlockable feature).

In the future there will be other kiss options and conditions. Right now everything (including kissing feature) is in testing/development stage.
>>
>>2426316
>>2426326
Damn. I actually tried Pocky too. But after clicking twice with it in my hands, I figured it did nothing so gave up.
>>
>>2426328
If you have pocky in hands, it always works on first click. Most probably you were standing close to some object, so your character said "I can't do that here". If you got one of those "it's too embarrassing" messages while having pocky in hands, there must be some bug (I never encountered it, though).
>>
Oh hi op. I found your android app ages ago but the old tablet was too slow to play it well.
>>
Interesting thus far. Though I feel like I get sent on the date with very little reasonable way to know how I'm supposed to answer my date's questions.

Also the pocky minigame is weird.
>>
>>2426402
There is no way to know. On the first few dates you know nothing about your girlfriend, so you are supposed to learn and remember. On subsequent dates you'll know already about her likes and dislikes, and will know how to answer. That's how it's intended to work.

> Also the pocky minigame is weird.
Weird good or weird bad?
>>
>>2426413
Kinda feels weird that I'm starting to date someone i know fuckall about, unless i've missed something about the backstory.

Also weird as in "I've cocked up the minigame in the second stage 3 times without understanding why i cocked up". Which isn't helpful with me having pretty much never played rhythm games before.
>>
>>2426335
>so your character said "I can't do that here"

You know what, I believe that's exactly what happened. I had just got the Pocky out of the storage and turned around to use it. I was most likely still too close to the wall. By the time I got far enough away to try again, I was done eating it, and got a "BAKA" from my gf. Which is exactly how I felt.
>>
>tfw gf got to watch her retarded girlfriend burn rice 5 times in a row

I'M SORRY
>>
>somehow managed to burn mineral water
>gf gets angry because I tell her I like her childish body
>ran outdoors in underwear with gf chasing me
>go back home and play Shoujo City
10/10 would keep playing
>>
File: sc3d_ramen.jpg (439 KB, 1280x720)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
I will be adding more recipes in next update. If somebody has suggestions for new recipes to add, please post your ideas.
>>
>>2426542
traditional european dishes, and tooltips when you're buying for retarded people that can't tell what stuff is with just an image.
>>
>>2426542
Botamochi.
>>
>>2426552
I have added item descriptions in shops already, since many people asked for that. Will be available in next update.
>>
>>2426542
For retards like myself who tried to make the sushi in a single step instead of cooking the rice first, some sort of cook book function might be good. Or if you prefer to leave in the potential for fucking up the cooking, perhaps a "cooking journal" of sorts that will record a recipe only after you've prepared it for the first time, just for convenience.

Also
>burning food with a cutting board
>>
>>2426571
I had to make sushi and your comment saved my ass.

I even got a compliment.
>>
There seems to be a lot of demand for male characters. Are you going to do it?
>>
>>2426542
Dango.
>>
File: haha.jpg (11 KB, 454x50)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2426582
now that I think about it, can this be considered advertising?
>>
>>2425775
How the fuck can you burn a soda?
>>
File: 1480711659410.png (183 KB, 715x1013)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>2425439
>If you mean older women, no, sorry. That wouldn't really into current theme of the game.
w-what about younger girls
>>
>>2426582
>>2426622
>Making a thread to advertise your game in a board about yuri and girlxgirl
>Telling people that you will include het in a future update
You got the nerve to come over, creator. Please don't do it. This is not funny.
>>
>>2426784
A large chunk of the game's fanbase is female, and not every single of them is lesbian. Gotta earn those girlbux honey.
>>
>>2426787
Don't need to be a lesbian to play one. It's not the lesbian outside that counts, it's the rug munching muff diving dyke inside that matters.
>>
>>2426787
Looks like we're supporting Sweet Volley High/Ladykiller 2.0 all this time.
>>
>>2426784
>>2426790
You did see the gender is selectable, right?
>>
File: burn.jpg (19 KB, 480x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2426626
They learn from Squidward
>>
>>2426789
>>2426791
That's not the point, yuri isn't a personal ideal. Yuri is a communal ideal and the society has to be conditioned into upholding that ideal, whatever it takes.
>>
>>2426622
He basically ruined /u/'s expectations with that comment alone. He's promoting his game in a board about girls loving girls and his game isn't just about it. If this wasn't going to be 100% yuri as intended, he should have posted that it will be a yuri/het game in the OP. This feels like a kick in the balls.
>>
>can't do /ll/
>can do het
fuck this shit
>>
>>2426797
/ll/ isn't kosher my goi.
>>
You fruitbaskets will call any game in which you first expected to have to play as a boy but could then play as a girl and romance all the qts "yuri" but then you turn around and suddenly call a game where the guy's just merely adding a selectable gender option "reeee not yuri!"
I mean c'mon you have to be a little more forgiving than that. You don't have to bother with anything to do with men. Why be upset? Absolutely silly.

>>2424713
Will this game incorporate any kind of supernatural elements or tone?
I require more body type selection or modification. My heart races at the idea of somehow earning a hard-to-obtain potion that will make my character taller and of larger chest so that I may be a big, strong, busty, lesbian onee-sama protecting my sweet little imouto.
>>
>not swapping every character's gender when you flip the switch
Missed opportunity.
The fujo market is actually pretty lucrative.
>>
>>2426801
>any game in which you first expected to have to play as a boy but could then play as a girl and romance all the qts "yuri"
and
>a game where the guy's just merely adding a selectable gender option "reeee not yuri!"

Are essentially the same thing. Both games CAN BE yuri but ARE NOT yuri. Not all yuri gamers are into those fake yuri games. That's why many anons flipped out when previous Yuri Game threads had that crappy list that included almost all /u/ threads with game adaptations.

Also, it is a BS move that the creator didn't mention this game wasn't going to be yuri from the get go. Even more BS is that he is pandering to fujo who 90% of them hate yuri, as well as updating the game with a het option in the future.

Another example of Western devs having no faith in full yuri games because they believe they won't sell. Only time will tell if this will be worse than Ladykiller or Sweet Volley High.
>>
>>2426801
>only 1% het bro barely noticeable
it pissening
>>
>>2426808
I think the distinction is rather petty, and I think it's silly that your kind of thinking leads to the mentality where you're okay with a pokemon-style version split of the same game where one has the male protag and the other has the female protag but specifically wouldn't be okay with a selectable gender even though both scenarios are effectively the same outside of the rather silly complaint of, "ew you got het within a 100-mile radius of my yuri."

but I digress. I just think it's all pretty silly to have a fuss over.
>>
>>2426582
In the future it will be possible to choose to play as a girl or as a boy. Dateable characters will always be girls.

>>2426784
>>2426796
I have browsed through various threads on /u/ and almost every singe anime/manga/video game actively discussed here DOES have heterosexual relationships alongside yuri. A lot of threads are about anime that never even had any yuri, and people discuss fake "yuri" pairings that never existed. Many other threads are about anime with only a slight hint of yuri, and where 99% of characters are straight. And not in a single of those threads there is a disclaimer warning that it's not 100% yuri.

My game has way more yuri content than most media ever discussed here. Being able to play as male will be an option and unless you specifically choose it, it won't affect your gameplay in any way. Bashing the game just because it's not 100% yuri is just silly.
>>
>>2426817
>Bashing the game just because it's not 100% yuri is just silly.
Tell that to the devs of Sweet Volley High and Ladykiller.
>>
>>2426803
>not making an all boys game and add "Yuri" to the title
whatever it takes right babe?
>>
File: swordcraftstory.jpg (36 KB, 576x384)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2426817
That's a good point.
Swordcraft Story is held up as a yuri classic, and for good reason. I mean, for christ's sake, this image was on the back of the box. It had excellent writing, a bunch of gay stuff, and solid gameplay to boot.
But it also let you play as a dude if you wanted, and there was a male romance option available to both genders.

...The lesson you should take from this is, dev, is that if you're gonna add a male player character, add a yaoi mode too.
But don't listen to me. I'm biased.
>>
>>2426817
>almost every singe anime/manga/video game actively discussed here DOES have heterosexual relationships alongside yuri
Lost cause. Also, most of them are acceptable due to the realistic setting.

>people discuss fake "yuri" pairings that never existed
Mugino isn't people.

>My game has way more yuri content than most media ever discussed here.
But you're a self proclaimed /ourguy/ so you need to make a full yuri game.

>>2426822
>there was a male romance option available to both genders
I used to play it as a middleschooler and I don't recall if the male character had romance options. Sugar wouldn't kiss you if you were a guy for instance.
>>
>shoujo city
>has a boy in it
dropped
>>
>>2426824
The dude could get together with whatever the redhead's name was (Sanary?), Varill (though it was more lowkey homo than most of the yuri stuff), and I'm pretty sure he still had a Sugar route though it was a bit more toned down.
I think best girl Razzy was exclusive to the female MC romantically.
>>
>>2426826
I mean Pratty herself was the true best girl, but Razzy was pretty great. Had my favorite weapon outside of the drills, too.
>>
>>2426622
The reply should've been "there's literally nothing wrong with being a lesbian." You're a fag, OP.
>>
>>2426787
My vision of this project was formed many years ago, and I never changed any of my ideas to please anybody or get more of anybody's money. My main source of inspiration for this project always was and always will be Ai Sp@ce, as the first post clearly says. Which also had an option to begin playing as a boy or as a girl, and in both cases you would get a girl as your "chara-doll" to take care of.

>>2426822
> that if you're gonna add a male player character, add a yaoi mode too.
Just to get more accusations that I'm craving for money of various target groups and willing to add every random option to please everyone? Nope.

>>2426830
I did say, exactly that, many times, to numerous angry comments I got from players who chose to play as a girl (in previous 2D version of Shoujo City), and discovered that gender of dateable characters didn't change and they ended up with a lesbian relationship. They would send me then angry emails demanding to remove lesbian dating from the game and make all dateable characters boys if you choose to play as a girl. My inevitable answer is in your quote.

Time and again: to see a male character in the game, you must choose one as your avatar. If you don't choose so, you won't see any. They won't appear in the game at all. If you choose to play as a girl, there isn't a single male in the entire city to be seen, ever. If that's not 100% pure yuri, then I don't even know what "pure yuri" is.
>>
>>2426822
swordcraft is mostly classic because back at the time it was created, yuri wasn't even a thing, it might've been many people's first experience with something like that, and the first experience always leaves a stronger feeling.
it does something right as well, having different reactions and relations depending on if you were a boy or a girl, most other games with that kind of thing, characters will acts the same to the MC, see fate/extra, as a example.
>>
>>2424713
I don't see anyone else mentioning this here so I don't know if it's only on my end, but when taking a photo the camera screen is black so I can't even tell what I'm taking a picture of.
Also when I use the function the camera gets stuck really close behind my character until I restart the game.
It would be nice too, if the character turned around a bit faster in the next update, otherwise the game seems interesting so far. I'll definately be following it's progress!
>>
>>2426848
>My main source of inspiration for this project always was and always will be Ai Sp@ce, as the first post clearly says. Which also had an option to begin playing as a boy or as a girl, and in both cases you would get a girl as your "chara-doll" to take care of.

I haven't said anything in this discussion neither I care if a game gives you gender option, but seriously, this is bullshit. You're not making a copy of that game. Inspiration is looking at something and making a different thing based on that with elements you want. You could make it full yuri and still keep the influence. So you either like the het routed or you're putting it to sell more, any other reason is bullshit. Like I say, I don't care, but be honest.

Although I agree with the other anon in this thread that making the boy route full yaoi would probably be pretty lucrative.
>>
>lucrative
making a good game would be lucrative, having a bunch of different possible relationships but with 1/3 of the depth it should have isn't.
I had hopes for this only because I originally thought girl on girl relationships would be the focus, so developing them well enough was possible for a indie dev, now, not so much.
well, this thread can stay here for now but it should be deleted once the new gender option is avaible.
>>
>>2426869
>making a good game would be lucrative

That's not how the world works.
>>
>>2426848
Hey OP, giving a gender option for the main character won't change a thing. Straight girls enjoy dating boys, not roleplaying as a boy dating another girls. The large majority of male players will be okay with yuri. And even with yuri only option, your game still seems to have a significant amount of female fanbase. Unless you want to change the whole town's population's gender, you better stay with yuri, gender change is a futile gimmick.
>>
>>2426869
> this thread can stay here for now but it should be deleted once the new gender option is avaible.
Alongside with the entire /u/ ? How many threads there are on /u/ about anime/manga/games that don't have any heterosexual relationships and where 100% of characters are lesbians?

>>2426863
Why, I agree with everything you say. I don't copy any features from Ai Sp@ce just because they were there. I take only what I liked and what I think was done right, changing and adding whatever I think is necessary. And yes, giving the player an option to choose to play as a boy or as a girl is what I think was done in Ai Sp@ce right and what I liked.
>>
File: pic.png (2.05 MB, 1680x1050)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>2426857
Some pics on the issues.
>>
>>2426875
Thanks. I know already about the camera black screen problem. On some computers it works, and on some others it doesn't. Investigating this issue now.
>>
>>2426873
>Alongside with the entire /u/ ? How many threads there are on /u/ about anime/manga/games that don't have any heterosexual relationships and where 100% of characters are lesbians?
>entire /u/
you know that's not true, and even then, we focus on the yuri part of those things, you made a thread that looks like you're asking for general feedback on your game, and when it gets to having both genders I don't see why wouldn't it move to /v/ or some other place.
>>
> and even then, we focus on the yuri part of those things
But Shoujo City isn't good enough for you to deserve the same approach, I guess? Maybe we can stop nitpicking and arguing about this already?
>>
I think the problem these anons are having with you adding het is that you're the creator (asking for feedback in u) and choosing to add it, so it kind of feels like a backstab. And we can't speak with the authors of the media we watch/read but if we could some of us would probably say these things to them too don't take it personally, I liked your game.

Of course if you want to add het it's your game but don't be surprised if some people here don't like it. Also I'd recommend creating two scenes, one world full of girls and the other one full of boys, and you can play whatever gender in both scenes. So if my lesbian ass chooses the girls world and playing as a girl I don't have to see any man (thank God) but if a straight girl wants to play yaoi or het she can do it in the other world.

It's just a suggestion if you don't like it ignore it. Looking forward to next update
>>
>>2426878
I just caught two squirrels and sold them, but only got 500yen for the whole stack even though the price said 1000yen.
Don't know if you were aware of this.
>>
>>2426885
As a dev, you should know yourself when to stop arguing with your fanbase. Follow your own advice and stop posting about the thing you want people to stop posting about.

You can't expect to please everyone, especially so with a fanbase so based on romantic works, since their ideals will never be met. 4chan has a history of starting projects that get eternally bashed for petty reasons, which IMO it's mostly because the lead dev didn't know how to handle PR. Ultimately, having a gender option is a non-issue, and having an argument about it mostly proves how childish /u/ can be about these things, but you should still take it upon youself to do your best in not adding more fuel to the fire.
>>
I'm 100% sure OP is more concerned about male players who have not been enlightened in the Purest Form of Love and catering to straight girls never actually crossed their minds
>>
>>2426899
Yeah, as I've said here: >>2426872
it's mostly a futile attempt to pander to straight girls by making them roleplay as boys.
>>
>>2426900
You seem to be missing the point because you're telling OP to keep the game yuri-only when they're been getting complaints (presumably from male players who don't want to play as a girl) about it.

OP isn't charging money for this and I'm not sure if they will. As I reacall one of the main attractions about Ai Sp@ce wasn't just walking around with your pet imouto, it was also the inclusion of characters from anime series.

I believe I've seen a clip on Youtube for one of OP's other games, probably the 2D version of this game, which has a character who looks like Misuzu from Air. Except I think the character had a different name.
>>
>>2426914
>presumably from male players who don't want to play as a girl
No, from what I get from OP's post up there is those who complain are the ones who want to play as a girl dating boys and not the other way. Thus, it's pointless to try to pander to them by letting you play as a boy. Just keep it yuri only, there's no loss in doing so.
>>
You see SC dev, every anime/manga/video games that has a thread, whether it has yuri-het, just yuri. or none at all, has enough interest to be talked about here. They don't need disclaimers because we know them well. Believe me, none of them know a thing about /u/. None of their creators came here to tell us to watch/read them. You should have known more about /u/ first.

You came to this place, promoting your game without ever telling us that it won't be a full yuri game. You got us hooked with it, making us believe it will be a full yuri game. And then someone discovered that you have plans of putting a het option. Just because there are people wanting to play as a boy and/or play as a girl and date a boy. How dare you treat us like darn fiddles.

If your game has that kind of supporters, most of which have played that defunct MMORPG that inspired yours, then maybe it isn't meant to be a yuri game after all. Having males in the game isn't the issue; pandering to the other audience (het and fujo) is the real issue. Having a selectable gender option easily defeats what a pure yuri game should be. Your game can be yuri in a way, but it will never be seen as a yuri game because of that gender option. It will be just like Hunie Pop, only perhaps without the crude stuff. And perhaps a Bethesda game like Fallout and Skyrim.

Indie game devs who came here produced pure yuri games, Alpha's Adventures being most recently. That should give you an idea of what a 100% pure yuri game looks like. If you still have plans to pander to us, don't give in to the complaints. Screw the haters. Keep it yuri only. But if you're still gonna do that het/fujo option, then maybe /u/ isn't the right place for you to talk about your game, it's /vg/. There should be a thread about developing indie games. That's the right board for you.
>>
I'm not telling you to get lost and go to /vg/. Your game is interesting, it's just not the kind of game that /u/ wants. Yuri gaming is niche and your game isn't going to help it. You should have lurked more in this board before doing your advertisement, my friend.
>>
>adding a guy

That's it for me, still it had more yuri than Nights of Azure which I just finished.
>>
File: sc3d_takoyaki.jpg (512 KB, 1280x720)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>2426928
I understand your position, and don't have anything substantial to add to what was said above already. I appreciate all kinds of feedback, and will take all opinions and comments, including yours, into consideration.

>>2426896
Yes, it's a bug, thank you. I found the error already and fixed it. Will work correctly in next update.

>>2426686
The smallest available height option looks pretty young already. Making yet younger characters most probably would require creating separate 3D models and a lot of additional animations (for sitting, kissing, interacting with environment, etc.). It would be impossible to make younger characters just by scaling current models. So I'm not sure how feasible it would be.
>>
>>2426928
>>2426930
>you should have lurked more

Yeah, maybe they would've seen the Yuri Games general thread, wherein people commonly talk about yuri games that sometimes also have non-yuri content. Or the thread about Mass Effect, which lets you play as a male if you want to. Or the Overwatch thread, a game with many males in the cast.

>>2426959
People telling you that your game doesn't belong here are retarded.
>>
>>2426969
Or the Persona thread. Shitty het harem with 0 yuri.
>>
>>2426975
Hunie Pop is sometimes mentioned in the games thread and that one has a gender select. You just keep doing what you're doing, OP.
>>
>>2426975
Hey, fuck you!

https://youtu.be/10LNtG2oo48
>>
>>2426975
Excellent troll, you almost got me there.
>>
>>2426969
>People telling you that your game doesn't belong here are retarded.

I agree with this. This isn't even molehills that we're making mountains from, it's two grains of sand.

Even when this thread is dead and the game is officially released, some naive anon will post about it in the yuri games thread as something "he just found", and it will be relevant because it contains yuri. And then I bet some other anon will speak about how "the dev shouldn't be trusted because they came here with the intention to trick us", mark my words.
>>
>>2427273
It's not our game, it's the dev's.
If the dev's game contains yuri, then it's relevant.

It's very simple. But if you think it shouldn't be this way, then dissuade the dev from adding het, not us from entertaining an opinion.
>>
>>2427273
>condoning the creator's decision to add het option
Nobody did that.
>what could've been a yuri-only game
That seems unlikely, seeing as the previous game Shoujo City 2D allowed the player to choose their gender.

Your playthrough will be completely yuri if you play as a girl so I really don't think optional het that you will never, ever encounter is worth complaining about to such an absurd degree.
>>
File: sc3d_umbrella.jpg (362 KB, 1280x720)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
I made some good progress with content I want to add in alpha 0.2. Most probably the release is next week.
>>
After I was able to get to 200 score and be able to kiss my girlfriend without a pocky, the game tells me that the saved data is corrupted :(
>>
>>2427712
Sorry about it. Must be a bug of some kind. I'll try to investigate why this happened.

Also, save data probably will be incompatible with updated versions due to saving different data arrays/different variable names. While the game still is in early development stages and various parts of game code are being changed all the time, this is inevitable. So you most probably would have to restart the game after update anyway.
>>
>>2424713
Developer-Sama, don't give up just because some yuri extremists are being a pain in the ass. The game is looking good for an alpha version, and I bet the finished version will look fantastic. Keep up the good work!
>>
Ok, I spent like two hours to figured out how to make an Omelette... I failed miserably.
>>
>>2428435
Eggs, oil, frying pan, if I recall?
>>
>>2428445
That gives you a normal fried egg, also I donĀ“t know about japanese omelette but isn't supposed that an omelette has cheese and stuff?
>>
>>2428534
Eggs + milk + frying pan + vegetable oil = omelette.
>>
>>2427712
>>2427734
This sounds like the makings of a great tragic love story.
"I won't forget you this time Onee-sama, I promise!" [UPDATING TO VERSION 0.54: SAVE DATA DELETED]
>>
>>2428547
Oh I see.... I didn't know that an omelette needs milk, it makes sense.

>>2428558
It is sad, because I really liked her... I would never forget her! (as no one forgets his/her first girlfriend)
>>
File: sc3d_fuku.jpg (360 KB, 1280x720)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
Just finished texturing and weight painting a new school uniform. This is one of new clothes to be included in alpha 0.2.
>>
>>2424713
I haven't played it yet, but i will this weekend
regardless of how i will enjoy it, props to you!
I always try to create my own as well, and i am sure i could do a proper one, but as a perfectionist i always end up scrapping it and starting from the beginning. My game should be around version 7 and i barely ever even finished the character creator.
>>
>>2428634
Nice job, looking forward for next update. By the way dev-san, alpha 0.2 is going to feature a lot of new recipes, clotches, UFO rework and a new shop. But what's about relationships? When will my character be able to hold hands with her beloved onee-sama?
>>
>>2428651
You want the OP to get slapped with an AO rating? Come on, man.
>>
>>2428621
You're not wrong about an omelette not needing milk. It depends on what type of omelette you're trying to make.
>>
>>2424713
Hey, your other Android game, was that by any chance inspired by Material Sniper (that I'm still sad was never finished)?
>>
>>2426969
There's a difference between talking about the yuri aspect of non-yuri games and talking about the non-yuri parts of the yuri games. I agree that the game will be yuri but /u/ isn't the place to make bug reports or cosmetics updates. I also think that an entire thread is a little excessive, especially for a game this early in development. An occasional update in the yuri game thread would be more appropriate for now.
>>
>one whole watermelon gives you one slice
>put that slice back onto the chopping block
>comes out as burned food
gave me a good chuckle OP.
>>
>>2424907
But are you planning to make a cuddle feature, OP?
>>
This game looks boring.
>>
>>2428719
Yes. That's how Material Sniper would look like if it was more finished and polished, I think. By some reason the game never took off.

>>2428651
I understand mostly the mechanics required for holding hands, but still not quite sure about gameplay. You walk towards your girlfriend, grab her hand, what's next? Just walking everywhere holding hands wouldn't make much sense, since it will just slow you down. Most probably it should be implemented as a part of special event, like a romantic walk in a park, I think. Or maybe occasionally your gf will be in the "mood" for holding hands (like now she is in the mood for kissing) and you'll have to act accordingly. I must think about all of that more carefully before implementing.

>>2428791
Yes.

>>2428813
If you have some suggestions for more interesting gameplay and features to add, please post your ideas.
>>
>>2428857
Well, when you already got beyond the pocky kiss, date your girlfriend becomes pretty pointless since she only remains blushed, so I wondered if she could get in the mood to do something like hand holding. (also don't understimate hand holding power)
>>
Is the graphics style set in stone? There are some nice anime shaders made for the Japanese Unity mascot character
>>
Would be nice if your girlfriend would be more proactive sometimes instead of just giving you an endless list of requests.
>>
>>2429057
But that wouldn't be realistic!
>>
>>2428857
>Or maybe occasionally your gf will be in the "mood" for holding hands

I don't like devs getting weighed down with feature creep, but this made me wonder if GFs have personality traits or if they will get them.

Just basic things of course. I think it would be an extension of the likes/dislikes that are already in the game, but applied to how she behaves. You could have a gf that really likes holding hands, so functionally she'd have a higher chance to enter the "hold hands" mood.

It depends on how much you plan to make girlfriends vary from one another. There'd need to be more behaviors and moods for the system to be worthwhile.
>>
>>2429006
Nothing is set in stone. Do you mean "Unity-chan toon shader"? I have downloaded the package just now and will check it later. If you mean some other shader package, please post links.

>>2428927
There is a very simple reason for why there is not much to do after kissing: I didn't add any gameplay, features, and locations for everything that happens after that. Everything in alpha 0.1 is just a small preview of what this game will be about. Actual game will have a lot more gameplay.

>>2429057
Actually, in the future apart from food she will also be asking for gifts, new clothes, and going to various places. So her endless list of requests will be ever growing. But I have a few ideas for proactive behaviour, too.
>>
>>2429114
I agree completely with your suggestion. Every girl should be more unique, should have different behaviour and react differently in various situations depending on her personality. That's one of many aspects of the game to work on. A lot of work is to be done as yet.
>>
I remember playing the old android version time ago. Honestly I didn't like it that much, gave me the impression that the female and male protagonists were exactly the same, the old changing "he" for "she" and we got instant yuri trick.
>>
>>2429235
Ever played Artificial Academy? You can get a lot of inspiration from the different personalities there. Since that game is also all about relationships (more like sex, but still), you can get ideas for how a sheepish or perverted personality might react to certain specific interactions, like being asked to have lunch, study together, or follow someone to a shady place.
>>
>>2430250
>different personalities there
Which in fact are exactly the same.
>>
>>2430250
The biggest issue is not even understanding how girls should react in different situations, but inventing game logic to make all those reactions to be fully compatible with infinite number of various personalities.

In a traditional VN it's kind of straightforward: if you have five girls, you write five versions of all scripts/dialogues for all possible events. Depending on what girl you date you just choose one of those five script files.

Since in Shoujo City personalities are not predetermined, but randomly generated every time, I can't write a fixed number of different scenarios for events and switch between them. All reactions to event and behaviour patterns somehow should be infinitely expandable, much like food likes/dislikes are infinitely expandable now. It probably will take many months of work as yet to design and program all that behaviour logic.
>>
how do you remove panties? where in the game files can prohibition of pantie removal be set to false?
>>
>>2430890
This. I occasionally like to keep my gf's panties to myself.
>>
>>2428649
>>2424713
okay, i got around to play it now.
Weeell...it's still good to see such an indie project, but there are a lot of things...how do i say it, weird gameplay wise.
I am not talking about things that are obviously due to it being unfinished or personal taste, but just odd.

When you move your character: in the first controls you can't control the camera(at least i haven't found out how, i tried every button) making it impossible to tell where you are going. In the second controls it's far better, but the rotation of the character is far too extreme. Maybe you thought it would look like more realistic movements, but it still annoying to play.

Then there is the actual gameplay, it feels like you are babysitting that person instead of being another character that you date. You want some pocky? Buy them yourself, i am not your slave!

The rest is fine or seem to be due to it being unfinished, thus despite my criticism, i actually would give it a positive score for now.
>>
>>2430896
Buy new panties. Swap her panties with the new ones. Now the panties she was wearing are in your inventory.

>>2431037
The camera is controlled in both modes the same way: hold right mouse button and move camera view with mouse.
>>
>>2431707
>hold right mouse button and move camera view with mouse.
hm, it doesn't work with me. I tried using my wacom tablet and my inbuild touchpad of my laptop, neither works. Tomorrow i will try a proper mouse.
However from my own Unity experience, it shouldn't be a problem. No matter how i program my games, my wacom tablet works just like a mouse would.
>>
Can you do controller support preferably for x-box 360? please?!
>>
can you change her skin tone?
>>
Interesting game, love to see it grow further.
>>
>>2431730
The game checks for the following mouse input to rotate camera:

if(Input.GetKey("mouse 1"))
{
rotate_x = Input.GetAxis("Mouse X");
rotate_y = Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y");
}

After that rotate_x and rotate_y are used to change camera position and rotation in 3D space.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be compatible with any other devices apart from a regular mouse. Do you use different code for mouse input in your Unity projects?

>>2431743
Most probably not, sorry. For over one year already I was designing and programming all game interface and gameplay to be compatible with mouse and (in the future) screen-touch controls. Inventory, cooking, shopping are designed for mouse/drag & drop, so there is no way to make them work with a gamepad in their current form. Or things like petting squirrels, or clicking on items on racks to examine them. Adding gamepad support is technically possible, but not without spending weeks to redesign how many aspects of the game work. Taking into account that this project is very close already to surpassing the limits of what can be achieved by one person within a reasonable period of time, adding a few additional weeks to development time is not something I can do without thinking about it very carefully.

>>2431746
I'll think about that. All characters are supposed to be Japanese, so even if there will be different skin tones, the change will be somewhat subtle, I think.
>>
Are you thinking about putting characters from existing franchises in this? One of the few things I remember about Ai Sp@ce is there were characters from Clannad, Da Capo, and Shuffle in it.
>>
>>2431936
If and when I have a legal permission from owners of such franchises, yes. I'm not going to break any copyrights. Needless to say, obtaining a legal permission like that for a no-name guy from the Internet will be virtually impossible. A no-name guy without any money, on top of everything. Unless a miracle happens and owners of some anime titles will let me use their characters for free, I don't think there ever will be much progress with that aspect of the game.
>>
>>2431878
>The game checks for the following mouse input to rotate camera:
Okay, i have checked on my own. While i use a different Input command, both yours and mine worked just fine on my own script.
The problem happened with
>Input.GetAxis("Mouse X")
It didn't register any input there, i used a print command and it just send out "0" for both axis for both touchpad(which seems to not work well with Unity to begin with as i noticed) and my Wacomtablet. When i use mouse position to change something i always use
>Input.mousePosition.x
or a variant of thereof, meaning i check the position instead of the change.

Unfortunately i forgot to test it out with my mouse at home to be absolutely sure it is just that, but i am very sure that a tablet or touchpad simply can't register mouseAxis's.

What you should do now, well, i personally would suggest to not use get axis with mouse, but the common player doesn't use a tablet, so it would be just an improvement for a minority.

>>2431958
I do have a suggestion towards that problem though. Make it so players can customize a few things, like textures. That way, with enough tweaking options, they should be able to roughly make any copyrighted characters on their own i.e. share between each other. That way you would be completely in the safe zone and fans could still use their favorite characters
>>
>>2431936
>>2431958
You shouldn't bother with licensing characters and instead provide an editor, ability to add custom parts to characters and easily share them online, like in illusion's games.
>>
>>2432240
>>2432327
By using copyrighted content I meant not only character customization, but using that content the same way as it was done in Ai Sp@ce. There were official characters from various anime series walking in the game as NPCs, various official anime goods (like window blinds and wall posters) that you could decorate your apartment room with. Or when your arrived to Akihabara you could see huge billboards with Miku Hatsune and others. Doing something like that is impossible without official licenses.

Hair styles and cosplay clothes that will be just somewhat similar to those of various anime characters but won't contain any official names, logos, etc., don't require any official licenses, so they can be added. And yes, there will be various cosplay items like that in the game.
>>
The /jp/ thread has some info too >>>/jp/17567182
>>
File: sc3d_a02.jpg (372 KB, 1280x720)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
Alpha version 0.2 for Windows & OS X is released. Download links and updates log are at http://shoujocity.com
>>
I plan on playing this now, but before I start, is there some dialogue that differentiates romancing your waifu as a girl, or is it the exact same as when doing it as a boy?
>>
>>2424713
So, are you considering multiplayer?
>>
>>2434315
The gender icon in the character creation menu is the only addition to the game thus far towards implementing "boy" feature. Right now there is only one copy of all dialogues, all of them being used in the game already. How gameplay will differentiate (if it will differentiate at all) depending on your gender is something to be only planned in the future.

>>2434621
I will consider it if I have some idea what kind of online gameplay it could be used for. Right now I don't have any, to be honest. All the planned gameplay is focused solely on interactions with one's virtual girlfriend. There won't be any combat, or competition, or anything like that. So even if you see other people in the same locations as you, it won't have any impact on your gameplay.

The only kind of online gameplay that instantly comes to mind when talking about dating sims is letting people date each other instead of their virtual girlfriends, but I'm most certainly not going to take game development that way. It would mean complete destruction of all core ideas this whole project is about, and it would mean creating some other, completely different game already.
>>
>>2434785
I think the other anon was considering the idea of double dating, where you and a friend online could take your girlfriends on dates together.
>>
>>2424713
Interesting. would we be able to customize the girlfriends to famous other characters such as Madoka, SM, Final Fantasy and etc?
>>
>>2434955
This could be one of additional opportunities online gameplay gives. When and if there are other, clearly defined main objectives and features for that online gameplay. Beginning to rebuild the game for online functionality (a huge amount of work - and money, if it will be hosted on dedicated servers) for the sole reason of adding a relatively small gameplay feature (like double dating) would not make any sense, I think.

>>2434967
Yes. I will be adding various cosplay outfits and accessories. Right now there is a headset to cosplay a Chobits android girl.
>>
>>2429057
Fucking twice this anon.
>>
File: sc3d_panda.jpg (333 KB, 1280x720)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
< - a new panda wristband.

Right now I'm experimenting with inverse kinematics to finally implement holding hands. This feature should be added in next update, hopefully.
>>
>>2437962
>handholding soon
How lewd.
>>
>>2437962
Yes! My prayers were listened
>>
File: sc3d_swimboard.jpg (282 KB, 1280x720)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>
Do you have a plan to add various gloves to your game? I do believe that nice pair of gloves can make girl more cute.
>>
>>2440230
Definitely!
>>
File: sc3d_leek.jpg (393 KB, 1280x720)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
Bad news: I wasn't able to implement holding hands.

Good news: I successfully implemented leek.
>>
File: 01.png (34 KB, 255x239)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>2440653
I hope you can include a lot more customization options in the future.

I was bummed out when I found out there aren't any eyes that look like Kuro-chan's.
>>
>>2441434
keep trying dev-san, I'm rooting for you
>>
File: i'msosorry.jpg (240 KB, 1122x818)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
I assume this is how everyone's cooked meals ended up like.
>>
File: sc3d_casquette.jpg (541 KB, 1280x720)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
A new casquette design, finished just a few minutes ago. What do you guys think?
>>
>>2443393
cute
>>
>>2443393
I would buy it for my girlfriend.
>>
>>2426622
If there were separate servers, including one that was no boys allowed it would be fine. You could also have a no girls allowed server.
>>
>>2444248
Servers? If you mean separate versions of the game, what a waste of time that would be.
>>
can anyone teach me where the hell I can find a squirrel? I've looked everywhere
>>
>>2444581
The sports field, the tennis court. There is a 50% chance for every squirrel spot to spawn a squirrel, so it's technically possible for none appearing. After location is reloaded all squirrels will be spawned anew.
>>
File: sc3d_uw.jpg (282 KB, 1280x720)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>
>>2446439
So you abandoned /jp/ thread, but keep bumping this one? What's with your priorities, man? Also, did you try posting in /agdg/ thread on /vg/?
>>
>>2446439
Why aren't you walking around in your underwear?
>>
>>2447806
I didn't abandon anything. When I got back to my computer after being away for a while, the thread on /jp/ was archived already, so I was able to post only here. Due to activity level on /jp/ it requires a few active posters to keep a thread alive, not me alone. I think I'll make a new thread over there when I add more content to the game in one of future updates.
>>
File: sc3d_03_prev.jpg (291 KB, 1280x720)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
Alpha 0.3 is released today. Video preview of some of new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFseR4D0W8

A more detailed list of updates and new content can be found at shoujocity.com
>>
>>2447954
>kissing on school grounds is a 1000 yen fine

dang
eventual pipe dream feature: ability to seduce the council member when she catches you
>>
>>2426282
>Dark Souls reference memes
please stop.
>>
File: sc3d_pumpkin.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
I want to add a few Halloween items in next update. Do you guys have any ideas for some Halloween decorations/clothes/food?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1350x758)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2449060
Vampire and Tomato juice.
>>
>>2449060
pumpkin pocky is an obvious addition.
>>
>>2449060
maho shojo costume?
>>
>>2449251
Pumpkin spice poky
>>
>>2449060
Witch Hat is a must also skeletons and maybe a bloody school uniform or something like that
>>
How to win a pocky game?
>>
File: sc3d_witch_hat.jpg (329 KB, 1280x720)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
A witch hat!

>>2450227
What do you mean? You win it by eating the pocky stick without breaking it, and then kissing your partner.
>>
Fucking Awesome!
>>
>>2450512
oh hell yeah

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.