[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: halloween.jpg (257 KB, 1273x716)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>2460432

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/KG26cM3e
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Sono Hanabira: >>2440334
Kindred Spirits: >>2394994
Shoujo City 3D: >>2424713
Akai Ito / Aoishiro: >>2334926
Life is Strange: >>2456120
Valkyrie Drive: >>2391794
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2401909
Nights of Azure: >>2465739
>>
Recent News:
Seabed english release adjusted to December 19th
Yuri kickstarter 'Our Feelings' ongoing
>>
Anybody played Galaxy Girls?
>>
File: kcg 09.png (2.26 MB, 1920x1080)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>2473667
Looked at the CGs and skimmed through the script. I can't really offer up any meaningful opinion of it.
>>
>>2473681
meaningful opinion: it's by untrustworthy dipshits who write badly-plotted games to sell walkthoughs for them and then add het/tentacles DLCs
>>
>>2473667
It was ok. Short, and nothing special story-wise. The art is the best part of it. And yeah, the dev is a major sleazebag.
>>
>>2473720
AJTilley isn't the dev. He's a glorified fundraiser who takes the money of suckers and pays people with actual talent to make games for him
>>
>>2473739
okay, the producer is a major sleazebag
>>
>>2473740
Isn't that one of the prerequisites of being a producer?
>>
>>2473741
where's my lesbian casting couch hollywood sim
>>
Anyone know the mega link posted for Ne no Kami 1 here? HDD got unplugged while I was downloading and the link got removed from my downloader. I already scoured the archives but I can't seem to find it. I'm already at 2/3 of the download so I'm hoping to finish that instead of downloading a new one.
>>
Does this ship have any legs?
>>
>>2473987
Depends bronya is complicated, she likes Mei and dislikes Kiana but claims Kiana as her girlfriend. No clue how that works out
>>
File: 1510971794596.png (691 KB, 945x711)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>2473987
>>
>>2474005
Is there any het or SI in Guns Girl - School Day Z?
And how overt is the /u/ subtext?
>>
File: IMG_0372.jpg (112 KB, 1191x666)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
A game called The Caligula Effect is getting a PS4 remake with a new female protagonist. Don't know anything about the original game so not sure what this could entail.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (149 KB, 760x428)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>2474032
From what I remember about this game, it does has romance options, I think this was the game that /v/ went on to shitpost about cucks because one of the options is a single mother.

I think there's no new male romance options, and judging from promotinal art like pic related, it's probably going to be something like Digimon: Cyber Sleuth with the female MC.
>>
File: 0011.png (590 KB, 1424x2000)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
>>2474036
Even though I'm a pretty big purityfag, seducing a single mother into lesbianism as a high school girl certainly has a lot of appeal if true.
>>
>>2474032
>>2474036
>own Vita but no PS4
God fucking damn it.
>>
>>2474009

There's no SI in GGZ, but there's almost no /u/ contents unlike Houkai 3rd.
>>
>>2474052
Me too. Fucking tell me about it. I'm missing out on the third Tails of Cold Steel game, too.
>>
>>2474036
I hope they don't intentionally ungay everything. I need reasons for my PS4 to do things other than just support my monitor that has a fucked VESA mount.
>>
>>2473991
So kinda like the youngest sister from Candy Boy?
>>
>>2474108
She likes the sister she 'dislikes' more than the one she likes though. Otherwise she wouldn't be so upset with her.
>>
>>2474005
Is Sakura with both Karen/Kallen and Theresa or is the one with Theresa someone else/a different Sakura?
>>
>>2474005
>Everyone paired with one person except for Sakura
Sasuga onee-chan
<spoiler>Though the stigmata Theresa wearing Kallen's battle outfit is name Kallen - Gratia and not Theresa herself </spoiler>
>>
>>2474162
There's another Sakura? As in not just different outfit?
>>
>>2474172
><spoiler>
what, where did you came from?
>>
>>2474173
Well, there are clones of at least one other character besides Kallen (though the one I know of isn't Sakura) right now and some alternate timeline stuff so I'm just assuming any character is fair game for having look alikes running around. Also thought it might have been Kyuubi/The previous 12th Ruler somehow.

>>2474172
If you press Ctrl+s, spoiler tags will be automatically handled for you.
>>
>>2474069
>>2474052
just get one on black friday or just search for a used one online
>>
>>2474172
Would that make Sakura a lolicon?
>>
>>2474032
>>2474036
>the character designs are too good to waste on poor reviews so let's try this again
Please let this be Minako's new home.

>wiki
>The characters were said to violate a variety of taboos
So there's a good chance it's referring to forbidden love?
>>
>>2474200
I don't have a TV either. I rent a single bedroom and don't watch much television. So if I buy a PS4 (~$200 on Black Friday), I'd have to purchase a television too and somehow rearrange my furniture to make room for all of it. When you're already living on a budget, there's just no justifying the amount of money and effort that goes into that for a single game.

But damn, getting to play a female MC in a JRPG with female-female relationship development mechanics (that isn't P3P) is so tempting.
>>
>>2474329
You can use your computer's monitor, silly.
>>
>The development of the story and the reaction of the people around you will change depending on your gender.
Don't know if this is good or bad.
>>
>>2474334
I'm assuming it's going to just be some basic dialogue changes with maybe a couple of sex-specific scenes.
>>
>>2474338
Or they'll give it the P3P treatment and make you date boys.
>>
>>2474334
it's impossible to tell from marketing copy, 'choices matter' can mean as little as one line of dialog before the person you saved died anyway, or it can mean a whole new plotline
>>
>>2474345
>make you
P3P doesn't force you to do anything.
>>
>>2474334
This is a common phrase when marketing a gender option and I'm pretty sure I've seen it used in other games which turned out gay.
>>
>>2474365
If we're lucky it'll be like Fate/Extra, and the only changes will be occasional affirmation that it's gay on purpose.
>>
>>2474203
Probably not cause Theresa is older than Kiana
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.01 MB, 1200x1697)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
I love all of the yuri-pairing in the game, even if all of them are tragic/doom
>>
File: Spoiler Image (447 KB, 820x315)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>2474056
> there's almost no /u/ contents unlike Houkai 3rd
I like to think that is the reason Mei failed to stop Kiana Legend; the power of love weren't strong enough. This is my theory and is not cannon.

Also if anyone have a better image of pic-related I'll be grateful.
>>
>>
>>2474554
>>2474597
V1.9 spoilers: matching outfits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtNkYvHNAs0
>>
If there's that much to talk about, go make a thread for that game and stop spamming the general one.
>>
>>2474696
Any amount of discussion is spamming? You're very sensitive.
>>
>>2474701
I'd be fine if it was only in this thread and was just beginning, but it's been talked about since the last thread, so yes, this particular discussion can be classified as spamming.

Plus it's a mobage.
>>
>>2474696
nah
>>
>>2474701
I don't think it's too much yet personally, on the othe rhand if there is enough for a thread that would allow people to make a helpful intro to clarify what you're all talking about
>>
Need simple Japanese yuri games to test out the extremely limited Japanese skills I've been building up for the last couple of months. Anything that seems doable with my current level?
>>
>>2474739
Hanahira.
>>
>>2474740
Isn't that the least popular entry in the entire SonoHana series? Well, I can give it a try anyways and move on to something more complex if I can handle that.
>>
>>2474742
I liked it. Plus it's probably one of the easiest VNs you can get into if you're learning Japanese and have a little experience with it.
>>
>>2474744
Alright thanks.

Also, I once saw an image somewhere of VNs with their difficulty level in terms of Japanese and it marks the ones that are yuri. Does anyone have that chart anywhere?
>>
>>2473987
>>2474005
>>2471915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlGxg2RCXQ8

Apparently some devs felt the same way because Bronya gets an alternate universe waifu in Girls Frontline's Honkai collab.

GF is a waifu collection game with a male player insert but as far as I'm aware HI's yuri is preserved.
>>
File: 3498654057640.png (224 KB, 293x525)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>2474770
They also get a player avatar for the event.
>>
>>2474770
It's actually kind of amazing Honkai Impact 3 actually has legit yuri for its characters. I wish I knew which chapters of that manwha adaptation actually features lovely-dub yuri scenes
>>
File: CG-Houkai2-3-1.png (169 KB, 525x525)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>
File: CG-Houkai2-3-2.png (241 KB, 525x525)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>
>>2474032
So will it even come out in the west?
>>
>>2474770
Still think pic related is the better pair.
>>
>Seele is playable in GGZ, complete with updated look
>New playable char in HI3 is not Seele
Welp, at least she is paired with Sakura
>>
>>2474732
The universe is huge and most of the material untranslated, but I have been keeping notes of the information I've managed to scrounge up here and there. Some of the information has gone through a few rounds of telephone, so don't be too surprised if a few things don't exactly match up as things get translated, but ti should give a good overall idea. Spoiler tags are arbitrarily used when I think it's appropriate:

Setting:
Honkai/Houkai is a power that opposes civilization. The Honkai has already won against and reset humanity before. The main story starts shortly after the third Honkai begins.

Terms:
Valkyrie - Warriors who gained the power to fight the Honkai's forces from equipping Stigma. Only two families, the Kaslana and Raiden, have natural Stigma but Shicsial has a way to equip normal people with artificial Stigma and make more Valkryies
Ruler/Herrscher/Lawman - The ace of the Honkai. Rulers are, for the most part, beings spawned from the Honkai (Wendy is an exception) and have power that matches a S Rank Valkyrie. It's speculated that defeating the Rulers are the source of the Honkai and beating all of it will beat the Honkai.

Groups:
Shicksial - One of the groups opposing Honkai. Their main forces are the Valkyries.
Anti-Entropy/Mugen Entropy - Another group opposing the Honkai. Their main forces are robots. Shicksial and Anti-Entropy oppose each other since they can't agree on each others methods.
>>
>>2474885

Characters (will be grouped as I see fit):

Saint Freya Academy (An academy for training Valkyries):
Kiana Kaslana - The main character. She was travelling with Mei and Bronya when the third Honkai happened. Kiana is searching for her father and joins Saint Freya Academy after Theresa promises to tell her his location if she can become an S Rank Valkyrie. Kiana is in love with Mei.
Raiden Mei - The Third Ruler. Mei awakens as the Third Ruler and goes berserk shortly after the third Honkai begins. However, Kiana brings her back to her senses. Mei joins Saint Freya to learn and control her power. She's kind of the heart of the group. Her father has ties to Anti-Entropy.
Bronya Zaychik - An orphan who was adopted by members of Anti-Entropy and put into a program to turn her into a human weapon. Her emotions have been dulled due to this.
Murata Himeko - Instructor at Saint Freya and commander of the above three aboard the ship Hyperion. She's an A Rank valkyrie (the three characters above are all B Rank). I don't know much about her, but she seems to always be searching for a boyfriend.
Theresa Apocalypse - Kiana's "aunt" and founder+headmaster of Saint Freya Academy as well as the commander for Shicksial's forces in the East Division. Theresa is actually a clone of Kallen Kaslana made by Otto Apocalypse, her true age is about 40 but her body stops aging at 12. Theresa took part in the second Honkai and she did not approve of the way Shicksial were treating Valkyries as tools and created Saint Freya to raise Valkyries to be something more than that. She was in love with Kiana's mom and has a non-trivial relationship with Sakura that I'm not too clear about.
>>
>>2474895
Second Honkai (The Second Honkai happend about 14 years before the Thrid):

Sessira Shania - Kiana's mother and the strongest Valkyrie of her time (also possibly the only S Rank). Sessira lost her life when she engaged in battle with the Second Ruler and Shicksial decided to nuke them both. This incident was the main catalyst for Theresa going off on her own and founding Saint Freya.
Siegfried Kaslana - Kiana's dad. Sometime during the events of the Second Honkai Otto Apocalypse managed to get his hands on Kiana and create clones of her.
WIth Theresa's help, Siegfried manages to save one of the clones.

500 Years Ago:

Otto Apocalypse: The current head of the Apocalypse family (one of the three main clans that supported Shicksial along with Shania and Kaslana). He is in love with Kallen Kaslana and was engaged with her. He took hsi position as head of the Apocalypse family by force. He was also the one that gave the command to nuke the Second Ruler with Shania.
Kallen Kaslana - The strongest Valkyrie of her time and Shciksial's secret weapon. She was friends with Otto, but did not seem to reciprocate his romantic feelings. Kallen has doubts about Shicksial's methods and when Shicksial obtains a box has sealed what remains of the 12th Ruler of the previous cycle within it, Kallen betrays Shciksial and steals it and escapes to the Far East. She meets and becomes lovers with Sakura there.
Yae Sakura - A miko in the Far East. Yae Sakura finds Kallen and the two spend a lot of time together and eventually become lovers. However, Sakura is repressing a hatred towards humans from when her village sacrificed her younger sister. This allows the thing in the box to possess her and face Kallen. Kallen is ultimately forced to seal Sakura along with the remains of the 12th Ruler.
>>
>>2474902
>>2474895
>>2474885
I'm still in chapter 2 for HI3 but I never suspected playable Kiana being a clone.

I need to play the game more.
>>
this Honkai Impact gets a lot of talk here, is it fully translated or the texts here are just a few fan translations?
>>
>>2475004
Some of the info is from the story that's available on the SEA server, fantranslations of the the various comics as well as fansubbed scenes from the other servers. Some of the information is from talking to people who can understand the RAWs.
>>
>>2475004
Game fully translated and the manga is being translated. We really need a separate thread for honkai impact way too much discussion for it to be contained in a general game thread
>>
>>2475019
>Game fully translated
The SEA server is several updates behind the other servers.
>>
>>2474747
Well, I didn't find that chart but I did find this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KnyyDt7jimEz-dgeMSKymRaT2r3QKBPm9AzqZ6oUWAs/pub

Flowers is considered a good recommendation for someone starting out?
>>
>>2475054
>Flowers is considered a good recommendation for someone starting out?
No. It's intentionally phrased in quite a stylized, frequently indirect way.
>>
I happened upon a couple games with /u/ options I had never heard of, Magical Diary: Horse Hall and Long Live The Queen.

Has anyone played either of them?
Are they worth it for the yuri?
>>
>>2475088
How was your time spend under the rock?
>>
>>2475101
I only discovered the wonders of yuri a couple years ago, so I haven't had the time to evaluate every single piece of media there is.
>>
>>2475088
Long live the queen is the best out of that, and has I think 3 yuri options.

You can even marry your lover as queen (and the people accept it because you were made infertile anyway by magic)
>>
>>2475088
Long Live The Queen is generally considered the better game, but romance is a background element in it. I'm not sure how many ladies you can be involved with, at least three I guess, and there are other bi and lesbian characters in the setting, but it's not a game you play "for the yuri", it's a game you play if the game idea sounds fun and then there's yuri on top. There's handfuls of yuri fanfiction for it, too.

Magical Diary is more an otome game (four male romance options, two female) and the art's not great. Ellen is best girl by a long shot.
>>
>>2474849
No doubt about that. It's not like PP90 will get any chances to interact with Bronya after this event is done.
>>
I finally made time to start Blackberry Honey this weekend, I only played a few hours of it so far, but I'd like clarification on the Lorina slut plot. Was she raped or what? I didn't expect this at all and it is kind of annoying that every time something good may happen it gets ruined by her implied rape backstory and it takes me out of it. I can deal with holding back anger at Pauline and Constance but this other shit is a total downer. I made it to the scene where Lorina is in a tub and it just got more depressing instead of heartwarming so I gave up and stopped playing. Over 2 hours to get here too so now I can't refund it either. I was hoping it would be a cute game to play this weekend but instead I apparently spent hours reading about a raped maid who is constantly bullied and harassed. Spoil it for me if I'm wrong, and I really hope I am because I really wanted to like it but I'm so annoyed at wasting my time on it right now so I'm sort of pissed off at it.
>>
>>2475280
I haven't played it but I've learned long ago not to trust Ebihime not to shoehorn "edginess" into everything
>>
>>2475162
Ellen was a darling.

>>2475088
If you play Magical Diary remember you have to be a massive bitch to all of the guys if you don't want to get locked in to a relationship with any of them. Most of those relationships are disgusting even by het standards so you really don't want to go there.
>>
>>2475298
If I'm not mistaken one of the male love interests in Magical Diary is literally Snape. It was probably made by a HP fangirl.
>>
So I played Atelier Sophie and enjoyed, except for the DLC grind. I stopped playing after grinding for I'm not sure if it was NoA troll or not, but some people have said that Atelier Firis was rushed from being worked on as the same time as NoA 2 and Blue Reflection.

Is Atelier Firis really as unpolished as stated? I might consider skipping it unless there's a really good discount if that's the case.
>>
>>2475280
It's not quite as bad as it could be. Apparently she got fondled through her maid outfit a bit, and if I remember correctly she lashed out as a response.
>>
>>2475307
I just remember rushing to the Alchemy Exam as quickly as possible had no idea that was literally the end of te game. Funny thing is the route I took I ran into almost no guys but met all the girls. Thankfully never once saw Skinny Oskar.
>>
>>2475317
Oh, the party members are optional in Firis?
>>
>>2475313
Thanks anon. Why in the world does the narration have to foreshadow it like it was rape? Lorina even says herself she had intimate experience but that she didn't want to remember it. Monumentally stupid and from how much I've played it feels completely unnecessary in a game advertised as maids and music in Victorian England. My favorite part was Theodora and Emilie, I wish the whole game was written in that style because it was fun and witty. I guess I'll still play it through since it can't get worse but I'm sad to say I'll always be disappointed even if the rest of it turns out better.
>>
>>2475298
>you have to be a massive bitch to all of the guys if you don't want to get locked in to a relationship with any of them
Only if you're very unlucky. Two of the guy relationships are actually pretty hard to get, one guy is friendly but if you don't actively pick him at Christmas it will never go beyond that, and one guy is actively trying to force you into a relationship as a plot point so yes, him you have to shoot down hard. Beyond that, there's no need to be a bitch.
>>
>>2475329
Firis is an open world. You can skip whole areas and still finish the main story.
>>
File: ayana.png (262 KB, 463x886)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/52479026.html

More on Caligula:
- FeMC is the kind of girl that would be popular in a girls school
- Ayana (one of the new characters) is uncomfortable around men, but not in the typical way (?)

Apparently the Famitsu article will go into a bit of detail about how the interactions change based on MC's gender, so don't get excited until we get the details, I guess. But I'm hopeful...
>>
>>2475775
>not in the typical way
>inb4 constantly aroused by them
>paranoia
>>
>>2475775
>- FeMC is the kind of girl that would be popular in a girls school
My favourite. Please be good.
>>
>>2475775
>- FeMC is the kind of girl that would be popular in a girls school
This is sort of encouraging.
>>
So did City Shrouded in Shadow had any more /u/ potential aside your MC being a girl and being able to choose another one as your lover?
>>
>>2475280
You are half right and half wrong. The story is indeed a drag with lots of unnecessary backstories and flashback logs especially towards the end. The other maids are there to create tension throughout the story, you will feel Lorina's character development bits by bits and the rest will stay as 1 dimensional as they were introduced earlier on, especially Pauline and Constance. The only way you can truly enjoy reading the whole thing is by investing your interest towards Lorina and how she will be together Taohua as the story progresses. The plot is shallow and most of the characters are unlikable but the cringed, flowery lines in those sex scenes were delicious at very least.
And no, this won't get any cuter.
>>
>>2475786
Options for flirting with the sidekick and another female character, being able to act like a lesbian pervert, kissing scenes.
>>
>>2475804
More Yuri then Nights honestly.
>>
>>2475804
>being able to act like a lesbian pervert
Go on
>>
>>2474052
fucking this
>>
>>2475788
I just finished it. My opinion has warmed considerably despite a number of very noticeable flaws. I do wish the story had tighter editing and direction but the lewds were lewder than expected, the art style was nice, the gui and overall look was very sharp, and setting was interesting enough and even the music was good enough that I'm not annoyed at having it stuck in my head still. Overall I enjoyed it and I'm glad I finished it even though way too much of the plot was open ended making the annoying moments entirely pointless.

Constance having all the hints of character progress made her a perfect candidate for character redemption and I was confused why the story stopped short. Even that stupid kiss scene was left hanging like it never happened. All it needed was to use the catalyst of their departure to make her open up one last time to Lorina and all the bullying from Constance would have at least been worth enduring. I was looking forward to see her break down in tears, the poor gay bray. The epilogue was also too short and missed the opportunity to show Theodora and Emilie being gay sisters gaying it up, because I don’t buy for a second that the siscon stuff from them wasn’t intentional. Reading the notes in the extra section said Ada was initially a love interest and as much as I ended up liking Taohua I could see myself going for it. Ada was a good girl. I was hoping Lorina and Taohua would take the good gay maids with them to London at the end, too.

And I’d pay good money for an extra scene where Pauline and Isobel are brutally murdered with a feather duster in their sleep.
>>
>>2475987
I mean I'd pay for a proper Constance route before punished Pauline, but the latter is good too.
>>
>>2475998
Too bad the odds of ever getting more is next to zero. I don't really care for alternate routes but I would prefer that to having all these loose threads left hanging. Leaving Constance's story unfinished does a disservice to the game as a whole since she takes up so much of it.
>>
>>2476034
and she's basically said she feels the story is complete as is and doesn't need anything else
>>
>>2476046
Well that just makes no sense at all.
>>
>>2475352
Spoiler must be where I got that impression then, though I vaguely recall having similar problems with the sempai. And then there's the fact that when following one girl's route you have to be pretty cold to the other and thus get to see her ugly side as well.
>>
>>2476149
>And then there's the fact that when following one girl's route you have to be pretty cold to the other and thus get to see her ugly side as well.
Maybe it's been too many years since I played because I don't remember this being a thing either.
I can't be sure but I suspect there may be some walkthrough confusion here where someone was trying to create the "maximum points" route for a character and didn't realise that 95% of the stuff they put down as required was optional.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.17 MB, 1500x1750)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
Teaser for new Winged Cloud game featuring gun-toting Cupid.
Guess they're going all-in on yuri since that seems to be the only thing they make that sells well.
>>
>>2476175
We are a thirsty bunch, huh.
>>
>>2476175
>Guess they're going all-in on yuri since that seems to be the only thing they make that sells well.
Really? Their yuri games are outselling their non-yuri games now?
>>
Hey, whoever recommended me Romance Detective a thread or two ago, thanks for that.
They were really nice, if short games, and after checking out the author's other work I got really hooked by Lonely Wolf Treat and it's sequels.
>>
>>2475804
I am definitely saving up for PS4.
>>
>>2476237
Nami does good work; it's a shame they've slowed down in recent times. Though it looks like they were helping with another person's game so maybe that was it.
>>
>>2476245
Working as a clean up artist at Lab Zero probably means not a lot of free time to work on personal projects either.
I cried like a little bitch at the end of Trick. That never happens to me. It really weirded me out for a while.
>>
I heard that MangaGamer said at AnimeNYC they will bring a new yuri series. They didn't say which one.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.41 MB, 1280x720)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
Just got finished reading Sakuya's route for the third time and I still cried. Hakuai is the best.
>>
>>2476284
Well, it's not like there's are a lot of yuri *series* to pick from, unless it's some obscure doujin title
>>
>>2476149
>Spoiler must be where I got that impression then, though I vaguely recall having similar problems with the sempai
It's been years since I played it as well but I think spoiler was in fact with the senpai. I also remember telling the senpai to fuck off at every opportunity to be pretty much justified, considering your first interaction with him is essentially hazing.

>when following one girl's route you have to be pretty cold to the other and thus get to see her ugly side as well
I don't remember that in the slightest either.
>>
>>2476287
What are other series? I only know SonoHana.
>>
>>2476325

Flowers.

Honestly, there's pretty much nothing. Maybe they mean Qualia, but it's a little much calling that a "series". Incomplete too.
>>
>>2476179
Wouldn't surprise me. Het fans can afford to have standards.
>>
>>2476325
>>2476328
Would Akai Ito and Aoi Shiro be considered a "series"? For all we know they could've just called it that because calling it a duology would've practically given it away.
>>
>>2476175
How is it even able to fire since she's not securely gripping the beavertail safety?
>>
>>2476353
How about Lilycycle? If they decided to do that they could call it a series because of all the drama CDs. I just want Lilycycle to get some love
>>
>>2476179
Their best selling game is Sakura Fantasy hilariously enough.
>>
>>2476367
Do you have an actual source on that statement?
(note: steamspy numbers are not sales figures. especially given that sakura games were given away in bundles, which means the steamspy data tells you more-or-less NOTHING.)
>>
>>2476325
Maybe Kimihane? Though the sequel (not sure if it's really a sequel, might just be a reboot with new scenes or something) isn't published yet.
They keep postponing the release date.

>>2476353
Would love to get both licensed, they need more love.

>>2476365
Never got into that since my nip isn't that great but it does look interesting.
>>
>>2476349
>Het fans can afford to have standards.
Not according to /h/
>>
>>2476349
ha.
>>
>>2476325
Ne no Kami. Well, assuming they fucked up the store description when they said Part 2 was the conclusion. There are still many plot points that need addressing.

I guess you can sort of call HakuAi and ShiroKoi a series as well.
>>
>>2476417
>ShiroKoi
English version never ;_;
>>
>>2476367
I thought that distinction was held by Sakura Dungeon now.

Well, either way the past three or four games they released have been yuri, though some of them were short. And they are making a sequel to that magical girl game that was het.

Also judging what a Winged Cloud game will be based on one promo image is rarely a good idea
>>
>>2476423
Their actual best-selling title is and always will be Sakura Spirit but people invent whatever stories make them happiest
>>
File: imgur.com_2xbeOD6.jpg (218 KB, 801x1009)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
So the example they give about different reactions based on MC's gender is literally just that Ayana will be distrusting and standoffish with a male MC but calm and relaxed with a female MC
>>
>>2476493
If the male romance options are available for the female MC as well, I'll buy a Ps4.
>>
>>2476498
I don't think you wrote that correctly. If you did though, wrong board.
>>
>>2476502
I didn't? I meant as the romance options available previously for the male mc, as in romancing the girls, being available for the female mc as well in this new game.
>>
>>2476502
I think anon means 'male romance options' as in romance options available for the male MC.
>>
>>2476505
I took it to mean if the male romance options that were available to the male MC were available for the female one, you'd buy a PS4.
>>
>>2476417
I think it's better to call them sister-games, just like Akaiito and Aoishiro.
>>
>>2476502
d/a but they probably meant the romance options that are available for the male MC.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/caligula-effect-overdose-staff-discuss-remake-weekly-famitsu
>If you choose to play as a girl, there will be places you can go where a male protagonist can’t go.
>>
>>2476548
That happens when you don't refresh the tab. Nvm my comment.
>>
>>2476325
To be considered a series, the games have to share at least one overarching plot, or relate in such a way that there's clearly a prequel-sequel relationship. The only series I know of are:
- Sonohana
- Flowers
- Ne no Kami
- Sengoku no Kuroyuri
- Atelier Totori/Atelier Meruru

Sister games are not series. They're merely two individual stories that happen in the same universe, have the same setting, same characters in alternate universes, blah blah.
>>
>>2476498
There's not romance in the game, in the same way as Persona's game, as far as I know. I think there're some tease, but that's that. You can't date other characters.

Unless they do that in this game in particular, but dating sim are shitty, so they better don't.
>>
I just played Love Ribbon. I couldn't stop playing it. What a roller coaster.

It checked off so many of my boxes, the cohabitation, the incest, the older/younger sister dynamic, the passion, dear god, the flirting at the beginning while they skirt around it was out of control and I loved it. It wasn't perfect but it was a damn fine game. The dramatic ending was annoying but I have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected after what I heard about it. Considering the illegality and the assault I can't say I blame Zoey's intentions, although I think the double-runaway and the months? separation (I'm going to pretend like it was way under a year because I fucking despise timeskips like nothing else) overdid the drama that would be necessary to come to the same conclusion.

I read that there was a free update with an extra epilogue but I only saw them moving in together and it ended right after the assplay, which was a hilarious way to end it but I was expecting more. Did I miss anything? My game files are up to date.

I need more incest yuri VNs. I think Nurse Love Addiction has some, right? but I only plan on playing the incest route because denying a sister her love is simply impossible
>>
>>2476727
About your last part. They're not blood related, but there is sort of another route that technically has incest. It's a pretty wild ride and I don't know how to actually explain it without spoiling something major. Just saying it is incest is already a huge giveaway.
>>
File: DOronwUV4AIL1sU.jpg large.jpg (199 KB, 1280x1280)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Most of you are probably p/u/rists, but VA-11 HALL-A is good and has a lot of yuri in the story. Just came out on Vita and Japanese version was released. It gave me a lot of feels.
>>
>>2476770
>mc had sex with a man
>the girls are all bisexual
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>2476774
Purity faggot.
>>
>>2476776
It's a good thing to be a purity fag.
>>
File: 1509538055354.png (120 KB, 411x485)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>2476776
Yeah, sorry for not wanting men and cocksucking hoes to ruin my yuri. I'm such a bigot.
>>
>>2476774
>mc had sex with a man
When? Was it before, or after she had the relationship with that girl? I've only played the first 6 chapters.
>>
>>2476787
Before, but honestly I don't even remember if she actually had sex with him. All I remember is she saw his dick and laughed. I'm not sure how sex would come after that.
>>
>>2476789
but dont you see
its bad enough if she even knows dicks exist
if shes actually seen one shes impure
>>
>>2476770
Play it if you want a comfy cyberpunk bar game with an MC who only ever shows actual interest in girls whatever her backstory may be. For someone like me who's starved for that aesthetic cake yuri, it was good enough for me. I take it where I can get it.
>>
>>2476774
The catgirl and the cop are gay for each other and show no interest in men. Titty hacker is straight and makes no bones about it, even with the MC lusting after her rack. Dana seems aware of Jill's crush and doesn't discourage it, though I think she's the one who says she doesn't care as long as it's cute. Jill's old girlfriend was a pure lesbian. The toaster is a sexbot who's willing to go gay for the MC. The idol is probably bi. The vet is a lesbian who's gone too long without a satisfying relationship and has taken to being overprotective and jealous of her robot wingman. The little sister is a child. That one cameo cop character from ROM is a lesbian.

So no not all the girls are bi. Half, maybe.
>>
>>2476789
>>2476797
Before and after if you want to be specific. She says her most recent hookups she got annoyed because the guy complained about her smoking in bed after.
>>
>>2476770
yeah, it would have been a lot more enjoyable if the MC wasn't already the town's bycicle by the time the story begins.
>>
>>2475864
For starters, apparently you can blackmail someone into spanking you:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32133866

I thought this was more serious based on the trailers, but turns out the dialogue options are Irem quality absurdism. This shit is like ZZT3 on steroids, I really need to get a PS4:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32129111
>>
>>2477014
How unlikely would it be for this game to get an English version? It sounds pretty amazing.
>>
>>2477014
>blackmail someone into spanking you
Holy shit.
>>
>>2477014
>you can blackmail someone into spanking you:
GOTY
>>
>>2477020
Ridiculously unlikely, the game is a licensing nightmare.
>>
>>2477072
Sad. I'll just have to remember about it in a billion years when I've finally learned Japanese.
>>
>>2477014
nice
>>
>>2476860
The fact that she smokes in bed, or at all, is way more repulsive than the fact that she's not ~pure~.
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0044.png (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>2476974
VA-11 Hall-A is great and Jill is way more into women than men. She was in a long term relationship with a girl, and she has a crush on her female boss. And she shows no interest in any men during the game itself. Dana and Jill even go away together on a vacation during one of the endings
Sei and Stella are totally a yuri couple too.
Not to mention Anna the gay ghost girl.
>>
>>2477144
>Waifu_Abuse
Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0041.png (220 KB, 1280x720)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>2477182
that's the game's automatic file naming
>>
>>2477072
There's a petition, for all that matters.
>>
Steam Thanksgiving Sale is on
Negligee 50% off
A Little Lily Princess 55% off
Nurse Love Addiction 55% off
Catch Canvas 60% off
Starlight Vega 60% off
Huniepop 75% off

those look like the best deals at a glance
>>
>>2477323
Bayonetta is /u/ relevant (and an outstanding game overall) and is 50% off.
>>
>>2477323
Black Closet is 55% off and is all-yuri
Sakura Fantasy is 70% off
>>
>>2476286
What game is that?
>>
>>2477400
Nurse Love Addiction. The Metal Gear of Yuri games.
>>
blog post about seabed, it's just technical stuff like fonts though
https://blog.fruitbatfactory.com/2017/11/22/tales-from-seabed/
>>
>>2477401
Speaking of Metal Gear, I finally played TPP. It's actually pretty fun.

/blog
>>
>Love Ribbon 30% off ($6.99)
Incest, cohabitation and animated sex scenes for that price is a steal.

>Kindred Spirits on the Roof 45% ($19.24)
>Kindred Spirits on the Roof + Every Drama CD 46% ($43.47)
If someone still doesn't have this and can't wait until an undecided date in 2018 when the Full Chorus edition is out then you can't go wrong getting it at this price. The yuri per dollar value here is unreal.

>Rabi-Ribi 33% off ($12.05)
>Rabi-Ribi Super UPRPRC Edition 49% off ($19.53)
I've been waiting forever for this game to go lower because I suck at this type of game and it never did. Is it worth getting the bundle for that GochiUsa homage dlc?

>Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline 50% off ($4.99)
Is this any good? It looks unremarkable so I can't recall if anyone ever talked about it but it is so cheap.

>Sweet Fantasy 30% off ($2.79)
I think this is one of those cheap Russian(?) yuri games someone mentioned here once. Has anyone played it?

>>2477323
>Negligee
100% off is the only just price to pay for that considering what it supports.

>>2477362
>Black Closet
It's worth checking if any yuri games you want are bundled with something you own. I have A Little Lily Princess already and the Hanako Yuri bundle drops BC down to 64% off by itself. I think I'll finally get it at this price.
>>
>>2477533
>considering what it supports.
?
>>
>>2477539
Probably referring to AJ Tilley.
>>
>>2477401
Metal Gear?
>>
>>2477554
The second half of the game got pretty wild if you weren't on the Kaede route.
>>
>>2477555
Kaede?

>>2477533
>Has anyone played [Sweet Fantasy]?
I did.
English is pretty cyka and the story is nothing to write the Motherland about. Art is approved by the Commissariat, though. 2.79 rubles might still be a bit too much for you capitalist dogs, considering it's really short. Shorter than military campaigns into Glorious Motherland during Winter.
It's still a blyatiful game. Best offer you'll get for it, tovarisch.
>>
>>2477560
>Kaede?
There are 4 characters/routes in the game. Three of them explore different parts of a past incident, the other one does not get involved in said incident whatsoever. The one that doesn't get involved is Kaede's route.
>>
>>2477339
Bayonetta is great but the sequel is more /u/
>>
>>2477533
>Rabi-Ribi Super UPRPRC Edition 49% off ($19.53)
The DLC for Rabi-Ribi is pretty decent, I'd definitely say go for it at that price. Rabi-Ribi was the first bullet-hell game I sunk any significant time into as well but I found the platforming and variety of attack options really helped the boss battles be engaging.

>Sweet Fantasy 30% off ($2.79)
Happened to play this the other day; it's Russian, yeah. Not too bad as a 2-3 hour distraction. One thing that did catch me off guard is how there's no ending where you don't get fired.
>>
>>2477571
I know, I have played the Nurse game. Asking question like that is a Metal Gear meme.
>>
>>2477601
Should've posted an appropriate reaction image. Your joke would never come across otherwise.
>>
>>2477588
And it'll be stuck in limbo forever (Nobody wants to touch a Wii U now...)

As a recommendation, if you want a Dark Fantasy game, grab Total War Warhammer 2. It a grand strategy title with epic battles, and heavy RPG mechanics. It also has two lesbian elves, and a bi one (which you can play as.)
>>
>>2477560
>>2477597
Thanks anons. Guess I'll try since its only a few dollars.

>>2477588
It's hard to top going to hell to save her love's soul.
>>
>>2477603
lesbian elves? what?
>>
>>2477603
There's still CEMU that's emulating the second game with varying success. It's playable for the most part. If the third game does come out though, you'll have to get a Switch to play it.
>>
>>2477533
If you're considering Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline, it's worth noting that the Steam version does not include the sex scenes. It's worth the extra $2.50 to buy the full version from Denpasoft.

The sprites and voice acting are this game's main strengths. The fluffy and sexy scenes were enjoyable, but there was more forced drama than I expected from a roadtrip story.
>>
>>2477757
>there was more forced drama than I expected from a roadtrip story.
Guess you haven't played Highway Blossoms
>>
File: bestcouple.png (171 KB, 500x471)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
Has anyone played butterfly soup?
>>
File: screenshot.png (919 KB, 1366x768)
919 KB
919 KB PNG
>>2477778
this game was so cute
>>
File: finesse.png (453 KB, 762x565)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>2477779
>>
>>2476770
It's shit filled with cringy memes though. Also no yuri.
>>
>>2477757
No free patch? Then I may just skip it then, especially since forced drama is a pain.

>>2477760
I always mix those two up. Where are all the comfy yuri games hiding?
>>
>>2477323
Senran Kagura Shinovi 40% off for 18 bucks, Estival 30% off for 28.

Speaking of. Is it worth paying more for Estival? How do the two compare gameplay-wise?
>>
>>2478187
Estival has more characters, some redone/rebalanced movesets, and some additional mechanics and features. I have both and enjoyed them.
Estival also has some very cool DLC characters. Unfortunately they're not part of the sale, but a number of them are worth it, both from a gameplay and a /u/ standpoint.
>>
File: 1.png (1.84 MB, 1296x890)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
I just finished the extended demo of Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem. Favorite GXG route gotta be Gisette, the ice princess, she is such a complex character to romance, full of twist and turn. Despite her coldness and her attempt murder to you once you melt her you'll feel so damn accomplish. Too bad I don't have the alpha version. This demo will only go up to 5/7 part of the game.
>http://azalynestudios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9
>>
File: 2.png (1.91 MB, 1293x900)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>2478275
>>
File: 3.png (1.75 MB, 1284x889)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>2478276
>>
>>2478276
She looks awfully manly.
>>
File: yurichart.png (30 KB, 550x471)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>Trying to research Yuri market using Steam Spy
>Too few data points to make accurate regressions
>Data from games in Humble Bundles Useless
>Price, Steam Score and game length seem to have no relation to sales.
>Only a few titles with large sales throw data set out of whack

All I've learned is making short games around 5 hours is probably a safer investment.
>>
>>2478287
She looks manlier than many JoJo characters.
Are we certain that isn't a drag queen?
>>
File: cg_gis1.jpg (381 KB, 830x600)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>2478287
>>2478293
I do think the character's feature is somewhat sharper than most female character in this game (if not the most), but that was the intention. Gisette feature was said to be crafted straight out from a sculpture. She is cold and manipulative after all, so I thought it fitted her fine. It doesn't really take away some of her feminine features.
>>
File: 1.png (2.41 MB, 1272x845)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
>>2478275
Another romance-able character.
>>
>>2478300
>>2478305
Getting a real yaoi-artist-turned-yuri vibe. Not a dealbreaker but just getting that vibe.
>>
>>2478324
Exactly, I felt that too.
>>
>>2478324
Yeah, that's basically the case afaik, especially back when the game was totally volunteer-only and that just happened to be the artist who was willing to work with them. After they raised kickstarter money I had hoped they would replace the visuals but since their diehard fans were used to it, it stayed that way.
>>
>>2478276
Is that a tranny
>>
>>2476493
That dude looks like a straight up faggot with that side cut and all.
>>
>>2478353
he just looks like the average korean male
>>
>We'll never get the military yuri edge fest that is Tokyo Necro in English
Why live?
>>
Aaaaah, I can't decide on any of this shit on sale. Is Extella worth it? I never got around to finishing Extra on the PSP despite liking it.

Are the Fault VNs /u/ at all? They look like they'd have potential.

Failing that, what're some good quick cheesecake /u/ games to look into, apart from the Senran Kagura series?
>>
>>2477760
>Highway BLossoms
>Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline
If I only want to go on one road trip which of these two is better and/or more yuri?
>>
>>2478401
The fault games are alright, just sort of friendship servant/master subtext, they are pretty slowly paced though so I can't tell at all if they are moving towards any sort of meaningful relationship. Het free except for some side characters on the other side of the world so a decent read if you don't absolutely need it to be /u/.
>>
>>2478401
Extella is sort of an alternate canon so it doesn't directly follow the first game's events, but you spend precious time learning to love Nero and/or Tamamo in Extra, and Extella is pretty much all about loveydovey fanservice with them and a new girl.
>>
>>2478405
Thanks, I appreciate it. That's good enough for me. The setting seems interesting enough and I really like the art style.

>>2478406
>Extella is pretty much all about loveydovey fanservice
Sold.
>>
File: DOVV8g8VAAACDqD.jpg (192 KB, 1320x878)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2478408
>Sold.
Have fun!
>>
File: atelier_shallie.jpg (494 KB, 854x480)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>2473548
Finished the Atelier Arland trilogy (excellent games and TotoMimi make a great couple). I have my sights set on the Dusk trilogy once the Plus versions go on sale since I'm waiting for Atelier Lydie. Questions to those who already played the Dusk games:

* Any hope for yuri in any of these games? Escha & Logy sounds inherently het so that's a little worrisome.

* How's the game play compared to the Arland or Mysterious series? Is it better or worse than those mentioned?
>>
>>2478410
>Get teleported into a ring on Saber's finger
>all the shit these two say about it
I know I can't be the only one whose mind immediately went to masturbation. This was a good buy, thanks anon. I wish I could change the fucking window size, though, it doesn't fit my screen quite right.
>>
>>2478427
Dusk is slightly better than Mysterious and much better than Arland.
>>
>>2478401
>Failing that, what're some good quick cheesecake /u/ games to look into, apart from the Senran Kagura series?
Are you forgetting VDB?
>>
>>2478427
Dusk is worse than Arland gameplay-wise and has barely even subtext in any of the games.
>>
>>2478528

Dusk includes the utter failure on all levels that is Escha and Logy. And I'm not even saying that because of /u/ stuff. Everything in it. It's the game that was influenced by Gust getting bought by TK, and someone there having really awesome ideas for the series. That guy was luckily fired or something.
Arland has issues, especially Rorona was full of them. But Shin Rorona is a thing... so yeah.
>>
>>2478427
Skip Dusk. Play Sophie. Skip Firis. Wait for twincest.
>>
>>2478528
This is an ironic post.

>>2478427
Totori and Meruru beat every single Atelier game out there so yeah. They're also the best selling Ateliers. After that, Sophie is decent. The other two installments of Mysterious trilogy are kinda boring but tolerable. You can skip Dusk.
>>
>>2478678
Are the yuri ones still console only? I know one of them is on steam now but I never bothered with it since I'm new to the series.
>>
>>2478678
Dang Dusk series sucks? That's disappointing considering they have the best OPs in the Atelier series. I already played the first two Mysterious series (Sophie was good, Firis was kinda meh). Imo Arland series was Meruru > Rorona Plus > Totori.
>>
>>2478712
>Are the yuri ones still console only
afaik yes although PS3 emulation is starting to progress albeit at a slow pace
>>
>>2478812
Dusk series is probably the most hetero out of all the Atelier games, albeit I have no knowledge of the pre-Iris PS2 games.

Example: Regina will spend most of the game doting on and telling Ayesha how much she likes her and then boom, out of nowhere "I'm going to have to get married to a man one day." Marion was also a pretty bad offender of this.
>>
>>2478673
Why is Firis skippable?
>>
>>2478855
I hear it was a bit rushed and unpolished since Gust was triple dipping and working on it at the same time as Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2.
>>
>>2478855
it was half of a game or even less, the moment you think the real game is going to start, it's over.
little yuri potential
literal DLC het ending
It's a disgusting game.
>>
>>2478678
Wait how can you describe Atelier Lydie and Suelle if it's not even out yet in Japan
>>
Somebody fucking save me from Crush Crush why the fuck am I playing this game
>>
>>2478856
>>2478889
Eek, thanks for the heads-up, I'll steer clear and play Sophie instead.
>>
>>2476237
>>2476245
>>2476252
Well, you two got me curious, and now I'm probably as hooked as the first Anon. Would either of you happen to have Delicacy on hand?
>>
>>2478916
why the fuck are you playing that game?
how do you even go about playing something so obviously trash.
>>
>>2478931
It was free.
>>
>>2478957
Was it though, anon?

Was it?

Does your brain still feel free?
>>
File: 1466918774327.png (47 KB, 500x430)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>2478958
no
>>
>>2478965
Eventually the pain will fade, but the lessons last forever.
>>
Wanted to ask some advice. I've always loved Bioware games, and I've scooped up plenty over the years (Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the old republic, Jade Empire, Dragon Age 2 & Dragon Age Inquisition, The Mass Effect Trilogy). However, I've heard a lot of things about Mass Effect Andromeda. Currently, it's priced cheaper in a packaged edition and even denuvo got removed. So, I'd like to ask, is the game still worth getting for a Bioware fan? Or is it really that bad and should be avoided (accounting for both gameplay and story)?
>>
I was browsing the hella yuri curator only 50 recs and only a handful don't immediately set off my warning signs and I own or am buying them all already

Anyone play or know anything about Brilliant Shadows? The art is very tumblr but it says the MC is a lesbian necromancer.
>>
>>2478992
Andromeda is dumpster fire tier bad
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 265x314)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>2478930
Here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!57JHgC4T!NVdoXODZ635UdJpUSBnVAWmL-tbzhFq_Wv5FfZyW8eI
>>
>>2479003
A lot of people got really butthurt because the MC doesn't end up with the girl they wanted her to end up with. You don't really get a choice, it's not that kind of game.

As for the curator, many of the 'informational' listings can be played purely yuri if you want, they just don't get a full yuri recommendation if there's a male protag option.
>>
>>2478992
It's just really, really bad. And not even "bad for a sixty dollar game" bad, but borderline unplayable bad.

The writing is full of holes, the dialog is fanfiction-tier at times, the characters vary between wet paper bags and cardboard cutouts personality-wise, and the voice acting and character animations have been memed to hell by now (even if they did fix some of the more infamous animations).
The gameplay, on the other hand, is passable if you aren't looking for something with depth beyond "it's pretty fun to shoot guys". Unfortunately, even that is still plagued by bugs that can make the game actually unplayable.

If you're really curious and don't mind throwing hours of your life into the shithole, torrent it and see for yourself. Just don't put actual money into EA's wallet for it.
>>
>>2479008
>>2479018
Ok, thanks. I think I shall I give it a pass then. My computer isn't very good, and I don't want to push my system (and spend money buying the game) for a title that isn't worth it.
>>
>>2478992
It has it's moments, but yeah it's pretty bad. If you liked Inquisition's "open world" the gameplay may amuse you for a few hours. And if riffing on bad dialogue is your thing then it's a gold mine.
>>
>>2479010
You got her collection of games?
>>
>>2479049
https://nomnomnami.itch.io/
>>
>>2478965
Dude...I have 30+ hours on it...
Should I just buy the fucking gems?
>>
Does NoA 2 contain more Yuri than the first one has?
>>
>>2479068
It's an idle game, you literally can progress while not even playing it. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>2479072
It sure as hell feels like it where I'm at.

This exchange happens:
>Half-demon Aluche is asked by alucard expy to come to the pool for examination of how she does in the water
>Both are in swimsuits for some reason
>Aluche feels awkward being studied so closely, demands to be able to study scientist girl instead
>Does so, commenting on how hot she is
>Has a HNNNGH moment, scientist starts to assume it's vampiric urges "... no, you're just aroused," she comments in a dispassionate clinical voice.
>Aluche rushes out and determines it's just because her demon heart is weird. Yes. Surely that's why.
>>
File: 20171114145228_1.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>2479072
It is very gay, both among the main cast and side characters. It also explicitly confirms that Arnice and Lilysse are lovers.
>>
>>2479010
You are awesome. I love you.

>>2479049
All her games are free, it's just the comic Delicacy that isn't.
>>
>>2479072
NoA 2 is more tell and NoA is more show would be how I would describe their yuri levels compared to each other.
>>
>>2478812
Dusk series doesn't suck that much, it just doesn't have much yuri (there still is one couple though and they're hinted to be staying together forever, take that what you will). Ayesha is more engaging than Firis but have a lot of het and is mindbloggingly sexist, Shallie doesn't have much het but is as bland as Firis.

>>2478928
Don't listen to the anon who overreacted. Firis is not disgusting or whatever and are het-free within the main game. Its main problem is being boring, almost all side characters are forgettable. Firis herself and her sister are cute though, the incestuous shenanigan are lighthearted instead of baiting, so the sudden het in the DLC doesn't feel like a betrayal or anything. It's just a guy pining after Firis.

The most important reason to play Firis though is to see more Sophie x Plachta.
>>
>>2479085
wouldn't it be appropriate to at least request someone tip in your honor, if you enjoyed all the free?
>>
>>2479096
Firis was bound to have a tough time following the game where the main plot was cute alchemist masters her craft to build her own wife.
>>
>>2479102
I wish nomnomnami would go pro so we could see longer stories in her style. Most of her games are easily of a quality to rival similar $2-5 games available on Steam already.

I think my dream in life is to start a non-profit yuri production company to get all these great yuri artists the chance to fill the world with yuri.
>>
>>2479003
She pines after a straight girl for most of the game but ends getting rejected. After that she fairly quickly falls for another "girl" who ends up being a shapeshifter, game ends just as they get together. Haven't played the sequel but it apparently takes tons of perspectives and the part with Ash's "girlfriend" has some focus on the male aspect, not sure how it's handled.
>>
>>2479115
Thanks anon, that sounds dreadful. I'll steer clear.

Thank god I'm skeptical. Western yuri is a fucking minefield.
>>
>>2479118
Everyone in the west feels so obligated to make character interactions "real". Motherfucker if I wanted real disappointment and heartbreak I'd talk to real people. I want sappy fluffy cheesecake lesbians goddamnit.
>>
>>2479131
Western VN devs that aren't making straight up porn seem determined to make the most unappealing shit possible. Probably trying to distance their work from otaku subculture and pass it off as art?
>>
>>2479131
To be frank, it's not really the "reality" issue at play. The reality in current day (2017) west, is that all the real-deal monogamous lesbians who are genuine about their relationships are happy and married in reality. The 1950's are done with (most rights have been achieved).

It's just that certain folks always love to go with the "Everyone is tortured and are all manners of sexual" entertainment route. Two girls exclusively blossoming with lilies and petals together? Oh my! That's too straight!
>>
File: yuri.jpg (2.9 MB, 1571x1980)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>2478427
I remember Ayesha as pretty "neutral" but apparently another anon says there was het. Regina and the one shop keeper girl who likes Keith are the main things that come to mind. I don't remember Ayesha herself really being into dudes though but I can't say for sure. It's still a really good game though and Wilbel, Nio, and Tanya are all cute as fuck in general. Apparently Wilbell and Nio are even a pairing but I really don't remember where it even came from. It also has a god-tier opening and soundtrack; you really play it.

Shallie is also "neutral" but leans way more towards the yuri side. The Shallies make a cute pairing together but they never caught on as much. The only het in Shallie was that one guy liking Linca 7 but I really didn't care about the Linca clone so it was irrelevant to me. I didn't play the plus version though so I couldn't tell you about that. EL was really the main problem of the Dusk series. Just play Ayesha and Shallie. And now we have all these faggot EschaLoggy fan-artists too because of EL, thanks KT. I mean Escha and Logy don't confess at least, even with them it's still subtext.

Sophie was great. Arland is indeed the best but Sophie was still really good too. Sophie and Plachta are cute together and Corneria was cute in general. Also zero het. There were a few fags that tried to pair her with Harold though but they can go choke on a dick.

Firis was terrible. And I held this opinion before ever even hearing about the het DLC since I played the game on release. The DLC makes it even worse. It barely even felt like an Atelier game and the open world fucks everything up. I didn't like Firis or Liane either and I wouldn't care even if there was yuri with them. More Sophie and Plachta was the only thing I really cared about. Their little back-and-forth during the hotsprings event was cute though and there's another small event where Firis thinks they're doing naughty things together.

1/1
>>
>>2479200
Lydie and Suelle is looking way better and I'm very excited for yuri twincest between girls specifically of this age and type. Gust better not fuck this up and make one of them like dudes or I will be extremely pissed. Honestly the worst thing about it so far is that characters from Firis are returning which is what I feared would happen. Part of what happened with Firis was that they were juggling too many games at once but this time they've been focusing on the game more.

2/2
>>
>>2479105
Nah. Firis' premise of a girl exploring the world after a lifetime of being a literal cavewoman is fine; it's the execution that made it bland.

All Atelier games in fact have equally decent premises.
Rorona: become an alchemist to save her atelier from shutting down
Totori: to search for her mother
Meruru: to build her kingdom
Ayesha: to save her sister
Escha & Logy: dont give a shit
Shallie: to search for water
Sophie: to resurrect a book
Firis: to escape the caveman life

I can't exactly point out what made one adventure more engaging than the others. It's definitely not the yuri, seeing how I like Ayesha more than anything coming after it including Sophie. The characters in the Arland trilogy are just extremely well written I guess, funny, memorable, great chemistry.
>>
>>2479179
Frankly even the ones making porn seem to be doing wildly questionable things, as that one particular example I shouldn't have to name proves.
>>
File: 20171124221725_1.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
But damn though this game is gay as hell.
>>
File: 20171124221730_1.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>2479221
First person headlap simulation
>>
>>>/v/397959380
This is pretty hilarious.
>>
>>2478402
HB
>>
>>2479010
Adorable.
>>
>>2478353
>flamboyant male
>ms."boys are icky!"

You may be onto something. I can see them testing the waters with a single gay option for each.
>>
File: extracomfy.gif (694 KB, 500x281)
694 KB
694 KB GIF
>>2479010
>>2479052
Those are pretty good, really cute. Never expected to enjoy something from a western artist that much, way to break my bias.
>>
>>2479307
I know, right?
>>
File: header.jpg (181 KB, 460x215)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Does this VN have /u/ potential?
>>
>>2479311
Two of the characters are into each other for sure, but the plot doesn't give them much time for dedicated romancing. The plot also turns into a hot mess in the later half since they had way too many ideas and probably too little time.
>>
>>2479131
>I want sappy fluffy cheesecake lesbians goddamnit.
Played Highway Blossoms? Little bit angsty, but not so much that it sours the fluff.
>>
>>2479131
Most RPGs usually don't bother adding drama to romantic subplots. And they also have gameplay, so that's basically a two-for-one deal.
>>
>>2479118
As I said earlier, the butthurt people overplayed the issue a lot and made it sound worse than it was. There were all sorts of lies circulating about the first game when it came out, things that were really clearly not true if you played it.

>she fairly quickly falls for another "girl" who ends up being a shapeshifter

Not really true either!

However, if you are horrified by the idea that her eventual soulmate girlfriend is capable of disguising herself as a man once in a while in order to assassinate someone, then you're not going to like it.

I mean the whole point of the ending was her girlfriend's vast relief that she didn't HAVE to pretend to be a man in order to be with her soulmate. That she could be accepted and loved as who she was, finally.
>>
>>2479131

Then try playing the actual existing fluffy cheesecake lesbian games instead of endlessly bitching.

Sweet Fantasy, Strawberry Vinegar, a bunch of nomnomnami's games, etc
>>
>>2479367
all the sakura games probably count as fluffy cheesecake no?
>>
>>2479365
Since it seems like you have actually played it, the straight crush isn't the one she makes a pact with right or whatever ritual it is?
>>
>>2479013

Back when the evn thread was around the Brilliant Shadows dev would brag about how they owned yuri fans and how their next one would totally get them too. So I'd imagine chapter 2 isn't any better
>>
I don't know how many of you play Lovestruck but they're adding the first three chapters of Helena's story on monday, and I am excited (older woman, evil and kinda crazy).
>>
>>2479482
>Pwning Yuri fans
What kind of shitty dev is that? Why is that game still up on the curator list when it was purposely created to be anti-yuri? This is even worse than the Negligee issue, where although the dev flip-flops, he wasn't really doing it to be anti-yuri (he's just shady in general).

Luckily, I never got attracted to the game as the art-style did not appeal to me.
>>
>>2479492
>Why is that game still up on the curator list when it was purposely created to be anti-yuri?
Because this is literally not true.
>>2479482
PPOR
>>
>>2479482
There was some absolute nutjob trolling /u/ when that game came out and listing off a long list of events that supposedly happened in the game, making the whole /u/ thread up in arms about how homophobic it was and how the game was created as a conspiracy to troll us. A full video stream of the game was posted which proved the story was lies but it took about two game threads for people to shut up about "but I heard that X happened"
>>
>>2479500

I was there in evn, and I read multiple comments across multiple threads. It could have been a long con false flag I guess, Lord knows there's lunatics out there
>>
>>2479500
>>2479511
Sadly I think it's probably at least partially true. That is, I suspect the reason /u/ doesn't like the game is that there's trans characters and at least one is a surprise reveal. Whether that's done intentionally to piss off /u/ or just a side effect, it is there.

Which brings up another question. Is there any safe way to include trans characters in a yuri game without setting off complaints about being 'tricked'? If one of the love interests is, and the rest aren't, and their status is disclosed before you have to pick a route so you can avoid that if you want, is that good enough?
>>
>>2479528
No. If you have one, don't market it as yuri.
>>
>>2479530
>look how edgy i am, am i cool yet?
>>
>>2479539
So what are you supposed to call a game with a female protagonist, six female love interests, one of whom is trans? It certainly isn't an otome game. Would it be better to call it a lesbian game, to hint that the yuri genre tropes don't necessarily apply?

This is theoretical, I'm not writing a game, I'm just curious how to deal with the needs of different audiences.
>>
>>2479545
>Would it be better to call it a lesbian game, to hint that the yuri genre tropes don't necessarily apply?
Not really, most lesbians aren't really interested in transexual characters, that's why trans people are making games about lesbians wanting to get fucked by a penis so much they are converted bi like one infamous trans game author did out of malice.

If people want to include trans characters so much then make a trans MC who date trans and straight people and call it LGBT genre game than a lesbian/yuri one. I don't see a reason to include trans characters in lesbian or yuri games at all. Lesbians want lesbians/bi girls in their games, not a guy who became girl and especially not trans characters before surgical transition who is just a shemale in drag.
>>
>>2479550
>that's why trans people are making games about lesbians wanting to get fucked by a penis so much they are converted bi like one infamous trans game author did out of malice

yeah, a malice so strong she completely removed the scene after being told people were interpreting it that way, since that wasn't the intent
>>
>>2479550
I agree it would be tidier to have a trans MC and theme the whole game that way. I guess they don't do that because they're afraid there's not enough market for a fully trans-themed game? The same way some otome authors put in only one yuri option because they're afraid there's not enough market for an all-yuri game?
>>
>>2479554
>she
Of course the dev had to remove that scene (not without playing the victim first) considering the huge backlash after marketing it as a lesbian game and instead MC ends up craving the cock.
That wasn't certainly done because of a "misunderstanding", it was simply to appease people who got legit angry at it.
>>
>>2479560
>after marketing it as a lesbian game and instead MC ends up craving the cock
One optional scene. In a bad-end path.
If yuri games have a single bad end in which the MC dies, is this also "proof" that the dev is a holocaust supporter?

Is Nurse Love Addiction actively promoting lesbian cannibalism?

You have no evidence for your theory.
>>
>>2479559
We're past bump limit, it's shitpost time.

The purpose of my original question was to try and find some rules of "polite" games that could be promoted in order to tell devs what to do. If we had a nice tidy compromise that everyone could agree was sensible then we could get public opinion to pressure devs against pulling stupid shit.

Like, everyone can agree that "in the only lesbian route, the lesbians kill themselves!" is horrible. Yuri fans will mock it, SJWs will mock it, everybody except the edgelord who wrote it will be angrily against it.

However, it's a losing battle to try and institute a rule of "no trans characters allowed ever" because then people will dismiss the opinion entirely as bigotry. By looking unreasonable, we lose bargaining power.

On the other hand, if we push for "surprise trans characters are playing into the deceptive tranny narrative!" or something, then we can get more people on side.
>>
>>2479573
the trannies themselves are very a small market, it's the fucking liberals i'm talking about. do you want them to help you achieve your goals, or do you want them to be your enemies?

is the idea of trying to make your philosophy sound more palatable to the masses truly so foreign that you can't imagine any reason why anyone would try to do it?
>>
I'll leave this here. Discuss away.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-05-23/otome-drama-cd-series-features-all-female-star-studded-seiyuu-cast/.74854
>>
>>2479579
I'd rather my games be tranny-free, thank you. I don't need liberals to "help me achieve my goals" because anything that panders to them is garbage anyway.
>>
>>2479572
Western vns have earned a bad reputation for shit like that.
You say it's a losing battle, but we would not be losing anything of value by rejecting trans characters.
>>
>>2479572
I appreciate the attempt but there's no point in pandering to purityfags, they won't like your game anyway.
>>
>>2479585
Nothing to discuss, it doesn't have any female characters in it. It's not even a game. What a worthless post you've made.
>>
>>2479585
>the player joins the all-female "Grand Stage" revue, where they must then select a partner
>all the partners look like that
I'm so confused, so are they all actually girls? Reverse traps?
>>
>>2479593
Pretty sure they're guys. They just happen to be voiced by females. No idea why it was even posted.
>>
>>2479594
Are you sure?
>So an otome game where the "self-insert", most likely a girl, gets to choose one of the dudes who are actually girls crossdressing, huh.
That's what it was posted in the forums.
>>
>>2479564
>One optional scene. In a bad-end path.
Not really, in initial release of the game the scene was even more porny with all the bad writing it had for the lesbian MC of the type "I'm a lesbian but why giving a guy a blowjob is so good it's ugly but I feel so excited for it! I don't belive as a lesbian that getting fucked by a guy is so nice, I came I just love it, fuck me more Mr Man " style and it's the guy wh ostops fucking her.
And the scene wasn't skippable, if you somehow entered it, you had to endure it whole.
Later author tried to apologise b ychanging the dialogue a bit and added the possibility to skip it, but sicne it still was really nnegative later he or she removed it but at the same time she linked on Steam whole scene in writing so people could see it anyway.

And then played a victim on some friendly game reviewing sites that she was forced to remove the scene cause she got negative backslash from it and she can't understand why people were mad at a later optional scene of hardcore lesbian MC loving the penis of a random guy so much, she didn't know why people disliked such scene in a game which was advertised as a lesbian BDSM game and there were no mention of heterosexual conversion fetish included before on the Steam site, so author is to blame, if she or he from start told people she will include such scene everything would be into open.
And lets not foget about really ugly scenes in that game where lesbian MC gives a trap guy a handjob and also likes it...

I don't see people including a yaoi scene in a VN with male MC fucking girls where he admits he loves getting fucked in the butt by a random guy and giving him a bj.
>>
>>2479599
Shut up, purityfag.
>>
>>2479564
I've never played the first game being mentioned, so I won't comment on that but Nurse Love Addictions bad ends do definitely say something about Asuka and can't just be dismissed. They tell me that Asuka is prone to mentally breaking when met with tragedy and can end up getting involved in some sketchy stuff.

Pretty much all the bad ends show this aspect of Asuka. It makes me grateful that things worked out in the good endings, but that's still an aspect of Asuka that exists.
>>
>>2479593
>>2479594
Haven't looked at the ANN article, but educate yourselves:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarazuka_Revue
>>
>>2479603
So not liking lesbian getting converted by guy's penis into loving it scene which was completely not needed and was added specially to mock lesbians by transexual author wh ostill has his/her dick attached and can't find a gf means I'm a purityfag?
You are posting on wrong board if that's your acceptable fetish in yuri/lesbian advertised games.
>>
>>2479572
I've got it! In my opinion, just lay it out straight. For example, you advertise the game as one starring romance and gameplay options. Then jot down the details in the eye-catching bullet-point.

Your Game Title
<Insert description>
Features

*Great gameplay!
*Long feature-packed story!
*Romances!
*Romance options - 3 Yuri, 1 Het, 1 Trans (Spell it out fully here)

Then no one will be blindsided, or be given any false impressions. Frankly, if I'm playing a game for the Yuri, I don't particularly fancy having Trans characters count amongst the romance options.
>>
>>2479666
That's acceptable. I would avoid it like a plague, but I would not be upset about it.
>>
>>2479675
Same.

If that game no one likes to mentiom author would state openly that the game will have explict and successfull lesbian heterosexual "willing" conversion scene and also lesbian having sexual scenes with a male trap and liking it, it's the author choice but I would not buy it due to that finding that content disgusting.

Since there was no such info on the Steam page before the game was released I bought it blindly thinking it will be lesbian only game as it was initially advertised, and sadly Steam didn't give me a refund when I complained about it that the content is different than what author promised on the game page.
>>
>>2479621
>>2479585
Well, they are girls, actresses playing a male character role on a theater. Also, I just noticed the article is from fucking 2014. And there's no game, just drama CDs.

Best girl, by the way:
https://youtu.be/OqZfVnWG93g?t=178
>>
File: bunny.jpg (60 KB, 542x412)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Wonder if Nomnomnami is planning a threesome ending, what with Treat indicating interest in both Moxie and Mochi, and that comic she made of Moxie and Treat having sex. Moxie also dreamed of receiving kisses from both Mochi and Treat in her dream.

Haven't seen anything regarding how Mochi feels about it all though, yet.
>>
>>2479695
I wouldn't mind, the best thing about a yuri harem is that everyone can end up loving everyone on a glorious fuckpile.
>>
File: DOIRtyuU8AAfCJQ.jpg (64 KB, 812x713)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2479695
The odds seem good
>>
>>2479693
From all this femininity talk, I was just wondering if there's a limit to how "handsome" a girl can get for a yuri fan. I know boyish types tend to be popular in /u/, but where is the line drawn?
>>
>>2479695
That would be a shame.
>>
>>2479721
Between a tomboy that may act and dress in a masculine manner but still looks feminine and someone that could actually pass for a guy.
>>
File: CVYBs-yU8AATnsd.jpg (195 KB, 790x1024)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>2479721
It depends on the person's preferences I guess, yuri with non-moe art sometimes has characters that completely lack femininity even thought they are not "handsome" in any form. But that doesn't really apply to the reverse trap thing, since it's supposed to be like this. The gap when the reverse trap reveals her feminine side is the main charm of this trope.

I don't really think those girls looks masculine in any form, though. Particularly when they are not using suit. I like how some of them can't fully hide the volume of their breasts. But that may be because I was never exposed too much to "bishounen" stuff to start connecting this kind of androgynous femininity with male characters. I just see girls using pants when I look at them.
>>
>>2479645
Not that I don't agree about that awful scene, but the unhealty obsession some of you have for transexuals is ridicolous, not to say borderline psychotic.
All you need is the word "trans" to get you ultra triggered and make you spawn a shitstorm derailing the thread.

The ironic thing is that you're the same as the alt-reich nuts when they hear the word "gay".
>>
File: poly.png (37 KB, 800x625)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>2479695
Delicacy and Date Moxie even if that's just for april fool's day pretty much paint it in giant letters on the wall. It's gonna happen. The question is how long it'll take to get there. Both in the story, and in how long it'll take Nami to make all these chapters in real life.
I'm with this anon, though >>2479307, I can't believe how attached I've become to these fictional characters from a western artist. I'm gonna be sad if/when it finally all ends. Heck, I'm sad right now because I've finished burning through all her games and have to wait for new ones.
>>
SeaBed didn't have a happy ending right?
>>
How's Pale Spectrum? I absolutely loved Brilliant Shadows, I like the Protagonist, and her lover and what little of it was there.

In Pale Spectrum she's only a part of the full cast, as opposed to the protagonist of the game. How does this hurt your enjoyment of the game? I'm kind of worried about this game, and its Yuri potential.
>>
>>2479782
I'm also vaguely interested in the lore. Kinda wish there was a real game here, I'd pay money for it.
>>
>>2479200
>>2479206
All this talk about it made me feel like impulse buying it but the Arland Plus trilogy is $80 on the PS store. What the heck, they're old games on old consoles.

So I bought the nights of azure + atelier sophie bundle on steam instead and I already had NoA but I wanted to play it again anyway
>>
>>2479888
Considering all the games she's lumping together in the same universe, the lore is surprisingly coherent, even if it relies on lolmagic a lot.
You're right though. It's interesting.
>>
>>2479832
I heard it's really branchy and depending on your choices the couple from the first game may completely disappear early on and never come back.

Havent played it though
>>
>>2479528
You HAVE to announce the existence of a trans character in a yuri game. No, "spoiler" is not a valid excuse in this case. The same goes for het rape.

These are essential info people require in order to make an informed purchase. No amount of foreshadowing within the game will stop me from feeling tricked into playing what I didn't sign up for. If I feel you've been upfront about it, I'll actually consider buying if the trans character is just a small, avoidable route.
>>
>>2479564
Your argument is shitty. As far as yuri fan is concerned, heterosexuality and corrective sex is offensive in regard to the content they're expecting, but not noncon or murder or whatever crime against humanity there are. If you're making a game for het audience, homo is offensive and need warning. It's different depending on the context, you massive retard.

Go make a game where trannies got raped then realized they've become "normal" thank to that, then advertise it to the tranny crowd. We'll see if you can tell them "it doesn't mean anything" when they want to burn you alive.
>>
File: 1510928611410.png (33 KB, 366x354)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Shit, am I too late?
>>
>>2480046
It's never too late. We must never forget.
>>
>>2480024
This. No surprises. If you don't understand why men attempting to date lesbians is in bad taste, get ready for the rude awakening you deserve.
>>
>>2480024
Your post confuses me. By "trans" do you mean a female character that has stereotypically male mannerisms and appearance or do you mean traps (males that are disguised as female), or something else? Because if it's the first one, I don't see why that would be a problem in a yuri game nor something that needs to be stated upfront.
>>
>>2480071
A trans character is a character who is/was biologically male but identifies as a female in this context. Said character may or may not have undergone a sex change operation.
>>
>>2480101
>biologically male
or intersex, but 4chan hates to admit that's a thing and honestly few writers really want to deal with it either because they're too lazy to do the research, even though it's actually far more common than people realize.
Well, that and the kind of writer who wants to put a trans character in for ~diversity~ probably also wants to make them pre-op and ugly so they can yell at us for not being accepting enough.
So bizarrely enough, you get better "cute girls" out of gender-bender games where the character is 100% male but currently has a female body than you do out in games where the character is supposed to be trans female and may possibly have been living as female since they were five years old.

Speaking of which, do the same 'you must provide warnings in the game description' rules apply if one of the girls is a hot chick who was male last week but is under a sex-change spell? (Though considering the sex-change fetishists, I'm pretty sure they usually DO announce that upfront.)
>>
>>2480029
>Your argument is shitty.

You're conflating multiple posts and not understanding the argument in the post you're linking.

The point of the post you're linking to was not "murder is also shocking" but "the existence of murder in a bad end does not prove that the entire game is trying to promote murder".

Because that's the argument people are making, that the inclusion of het rape in a bad end means that the entire point of the game was to promote rape. Which is not accurate. A bad end is something the player is meant to avoid. It includes bad things happening, like your protagonist being gruesomely tortured to death, which you are meant to dislike and therefore not wish to have happen.

>As far as yuri fan is concerned, heterosexuality and corrective sex is offensive in regard to the content they're expecting,

This is true, I 100% agree with this. Surprise het should not occur, or if you intentionally pull this BS to shock the audience, you should expect them to want to lynch you.

>but not noncon or murder or whatever crime against humanity there are.

That's your personal opinion. Many players do feel that any sort of rape in a game requires a warning because it is deeply offensive to them.

>If you're making a game for het audience, homo is offensive and need warning

That's also a personal opinion. A hell of a lot of games for het audiences have gay characters without providing some big "warning" about it.
>>
>>2480180
I think the same thing applies as it applies to anything else when yuri and GB intersect. Is it permanent forever change (i.e. Kashimashi)? Then it's fine. If it's temporary swap back and forth (i.e. Kampfer/Twintails) or "I'm still trying to find a way to turn back", then it's not fine.

>>2480182
There is a difference in context and presentation. 99.9999% of the time when a game has a "and then you gruesomely died" ending, it's not there to titillate people who have a fetish for seeing people murdered. However, when rape is included, 99% of the time it is there to titillate people who have a fetish for women being raped.
>>
>>2480187
You have sensible points, thank you.

I will now attempt to purify this thread with some actual yuri.
>>
>>2480190
>>
>>2480190
Why are lesbians so terrible at painting? They keep just wasting paint and never finish their work.
>>
>>2480182
>That's also a personal opinion. A hell of a lot of games for het audiences have gay characters without providing some big "warning" about it.

As side characters, sure. You are not going to find a scene of two burly men fucking each other in a straight dating sim though.
>>
>>2480198
You can find eroge where the male protagonist gets raped or sexually assaulted by men without it being warned about in marketing.
>>
>>2480199
And I'm sure they are rare and not successful.
>>
>>2480199
I'm not an expert in this field but it seems like this usually happens in games that are advertised as "dark". So while it's definitely not warned that it's going to happen, you have some contextual warning that extreme fetishes are likely to occur.
>>
>>2480199
I'm pretty sure you can't really compare the two, if you're talking about yaoi games. I think the expectations are a little different when it comes those.
>>
>>2480223
I'm pretty sure that poster was explicitly talking about straight dating sims, not yaoi.
>>
>>2480226
Then it's usually a joke end of some kind, not to be taken seriously. Putting dating sim tag with rape victim protagonist doesn't give any results. The only one with dating sim tag + unavoidable protagonist rape is one about an otome game where the protagonist is a married woman.
>>
>>2480234
Tagging is inconsistent and userbase reliant. I pulled up several BxG games that include male-on-male rape by using a different set of tags but linking them is off-topic.

Joke BxB ends in het eroge usually don't go as far as rape as far as I know, they usually usually end with "lol, now you're stuck with a guy, game over"

On the other hand, we were literally comparing this idea to "yuri" games with het rape in an avoidable bad end.
>>
>>2477778
Finished it recently and the presentation an characters were great. I'd pay for an extended addition
>>
>>2480182
>That's also a personal opinion. A hell of a lot of games for het audiences have gay characters without providing some big "warning" about it.
Not really, many het games have side yuri girls but their only reason to exist is to not promote gay characters but to get fucked by the male MC to make them fall for him, male gay characters don't exist in straight eroges/VNs.

So the similarity to this in a yuri game would be straight side girls existing which femMC can romance and bring to yuri side, but if the femMC gets fucked by a random guy to get the craving for cock scene going and no it isn't presented as a bad end, it isn't addressed at all in the game after that happening, which author fully supports by including it in the game in explict detail, then there's really something wrong with that author head if she or he tries to advertise such game to lesbian/yuri lovers game audience and then crying why they didn't like it since no one was warned before such travesty can exist withing the game, similair no one was warned before in L game that a male trap character would exist who would have sexual scene with a lesbian liking his penis.
Author being a trans person who shows such view as her or his personal ones by including them in the game tells yo ua lot about the project.
>>
>>2479796
That's what I heard.
>>
Grabbed Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong on the sale, I hear the first has some flirting. Anything similar in HK? Are there any mods for cute girls kissing cute girls?
>>
>>2480201
They're more common and more successful than the yuri eroge /u/ wants. It includes cult favorites such as SubaHibi.

>>2480221
I doubt the anon trying to draw an equivalence would be happy with that level of warning.

>>2480226
Yeah.
>>
>>2480199
If you're talking about nip games, they never warn about fucking anything. Surprise futa in yuri games happen all the time, and nip audiences counterattack this by leaking game CG/pirate at lightning speed before deciding to buy.

Western audiences on the other hand prefer to pay first and ask for refund if they don't like it. This is why people prefer to be informed properly about the products. Don't waste our time. You'll simply reap bad rep and encourage people to pirate instead of supporting you out of spite in the future.

>>2480182
You keep being stubborn about your stupid analogy. No it's not the same. Rape and corrective sex are ALWAYS fetishes in VN no matter how gritty they're portrayed, as opposed to neutral crimes such as betrayal or murder. Before you ask: every sexual fetish fall into this category. Pedophilia, incest, bestiality, etc. It can happen in a bad end, the perpetrator can die a horrible death afterward, the act can be described in a violent way - doesn't matter. They can only exist in a VN to entice the viewers of those particular fetishes.

And when you advertise an offensive fetish to the wrong audiences, shit happen. So don't cry if you receive death threats by writing a lesbian loving cocks after sex with a tranny.

>requires warning for murder
No. The universal rating for sexual content and graphic violence content is enough. We're talking about what warnings you need when talking to a YURI crowd. And that includes anything offensive in regard to YURI: trans, bi, het. It's not fucking hard. The otome crowd always throw a fit if there's a surprise yuri route, so it's not just an opinion dude.
>>
>>2480248
>male gay characters don't exist in straight eroges/VNs.
This is not true. I don't even play that many het eroges and I've played at least three with gay male characters in them, two of which had endings. (One of those endings was a joke.)
>>
>straight VNs are full of gay male sex
I knew it, hetfags are literally closet homos. I better keep myself enjoying yuri.
>>
File: 39347.jpg (138 KB, 800x600)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>2480274
They like to look at blurry dicks instead of this, they're clearly weird.
>>
File: 1494137224398.png (676 KB, 1100x697)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>2480257
I think there was some hints that two NPC's are a couple in HK. As for mods, someone mentioned Caldecott Caper here once but I never got around to play it.
>>
File: 2p24lm.png (1.2 MB, 800x1136)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Who hype for Kirara Fantasia? Should be out early December.
>>
>>2480287
Kinda hard to be hyped for a Japanese only mobile RPG. No matter how many cute girls it has.
>>
>>2480267
>They can only exist in a VN to entice the viewers of those particular fetishes.
Not that anon, but that's not the case. You can write a rape/pedophilia/bestiality scene in a way that isn't titillating in the slightest.

>So don't cry if you receive death threats by writing a lesbian loving cocks after sex with a tranny
You know death threats are illegal and shouldn't be condoned, even if you're really-really upset by a fictional girl getting fictionally dicked by a fictional man, right?
>>
>>2480286
Thanks for the tip anon, I'll check it out eventually then
>>
>>2480357
>rape/pedophilia/bestiality scene in a way that isn't titillating in the slightest
You can't be so naive. No matter how messed up and disgusting you might write such a scene, there will always be someone who finds it hot.
>>
>>2480362
Someone might find a scene of a girl squeezing water out of a sponge hot; that doesn't mean a scene containing said sponge getting squeezed was written for the purpose of being hot or enticing. I'm not even sure what argument you're trying to make here.
>>
>>2480367
Bad example because the scene you said doesn't have any sexual implications. I'm talking about scenes where sex actually happens. Your argument was
>You can write a rape/pedophilia/bestiality scene in a way that isn't titillating in the slightest
Which is a really naive thing to say, because even if it's not titillating for you, it will inevitably be someone else's fetish.
>>
File: sakurakodog.png (169 KB, 381x421)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>2480367
>Someone might find a scene of a girl squeezing water out of a sponge hot
I-Is it not? Doesn't it make you think of how nice it would be if that sponge was your neck?
>>
>>2480370
Your argument was
>They can only exist in a VN to entice the viewers of those particular fetishes.
Which is clearly wrong, since rape and other fun stuff can be used for means other than giving somebody a boner. For example, if, say, a grimdurr story has rape in it, which is often the case, since it's one of the simplest way to let the reader know your story is as grim as durr gets, it doesn't mean that this rape was included to satisfy somebody's fetish. It can be used as a "shock" element, or a plot device, or a part of somebody's backstory. Just because someone might get off to it doesn't mean it was put there for the purpose of being arousing.

>because the scene you said doesn't have any sexual implications
Not all fetishes are blatantly sexual. A cute girl wiping the dust off a vaguely phallic object might be arousing for somebody; again, that doesn't mean that the scene was written to be enticing.

>>2480372
>neck
Surely you mean my heart.
>>
File: DG6yPV5VoAAsSpD.jpg (153 KB, 308x500)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2480375
>Surely you mean my heart.
What?
>>
>>2480378
What, you don't have fantasies about a cute girl squeezing your heart? Might be just me then.
>>
>>2480380
I thought you were saying my display of masochism made you fall in love with me. My mistake.
>>
>>2480383
Well, I mean. I'm up for it if you are, cutie.
>>
>>2480375
I'm not the anon you originally replied to, and my only argument here is that you cannot possibly write a scene where sex is involved which isn't meant to be titillating, because no author would believe such bullshit.
They know that some people will jack off to it and they decide to include such a scene regardless of that.

>A cute girl wiping the dust off a vaguely phallic object might be arousing for somebody; again, that doesn't mean that the scene was written to be enticing
Bullshit, nobody would write such a scene without knowing the sexual implications behind it.
>>
>>2480384
Meet me in the infirmary during lunch tomorrow.
>>
>>2480385
I'm pretty sure that anyone writing a scene with super weird shit in it, in an eroge, expects that SOMEONE is going to be turned on by it, even if they're thinking "you sick bastards" about the prospect rather than finding it hot themselves.

Sometimes fetishes are obscure enough that the writer doesn't even know they exist and plays to them by accident. I know we have a reader here who is turned on by girls cutting other girls' hair. I don't know if ebihime was considering hair-cutting as a fetish when writing the hair-cutting scene in Asphyxia. It might be an accident.

Some things it's more obvious. Foot-fetish things, the scene might originally happen by accident, but the writer usually notices and decides to play it up.

Doesn't necessarily mean the writer is into feet, or thinks that all their readers will be into feet, or thinks that being into feet is the only right and true way and is inserting feet into the game to try and convert you.

OTOH i'm pretty sure the nurse love addiction writer is legit into peeing.
>>
>>2480385
People can jack off to any scene, what's your point? That just because a scene is related to sex it was put for the purpose of letting somebody jack off to it? The MC of Top of the Lake getting gangbanged might be of fap value for some viewers, but it wasn't the intended point. Some readers might find Fischer from Starfish trying to diddle a kid arousing, but that doesn't mean the scene was supposed to be enticing in any way. A part of the story might be related to sex/a specific fetish and not be written for the purpose of getting the /d/eviants who like this fetish into the mood for some rock'n'rolling.

>Bullshit, nobody would write such a scene without knowing the sexual implications behind it.
Don't know about you, but I generally don't think about the sexual implications behind a maid dusting off guns or some trophies on the wall. Maybe it's because I prefer to use my head to think rather than some other parts of my body.
>>
>>2480387
Looking forward to it. Don't forget your hand lotion, you're going to need it.
>>
>>2480394
>Don't know about you, but I generally don't think about the sexual implications behind a maid dusting off guns or some trophies on the wall.
If it's a passing mention. If a writer slows down and describes the dusting in loving detail, though, they're probably either thinking it's phallic or really into guns.
>>
>>2480392
>OTOH i'm pretty sure the nurse love addiction writer is legit into peeing.
Peeing is just a way to connect people's hearts.
>>
>>2480396
Now I'm thinking about pitching /k/ the idea of an educational story about properly cleaning your guns. With a cute girl as the MC.
>>
>>2480399
Hot lesbians clean their guns together and then go hunting. Could be the next meme game.
>>
>>2480401
So like Car Lesbians, only Gun Lesbians? Get /tg/ on the case.
>>
File: 9claFvg.jpg (255 KB, 1200x771)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>2480401
>>2480402
Someone made a Cazador de la Bruja thread, and I started reminiscing all those other Bee Train anime. So yes, YES please, I want lesbians with guns.
>>
>>2480380
Is your name Yaya?
>>
Ugh, the current yuri kickstarter is now trying to make a whole route physical-edition only to make people pledge a higher tier.

I hope they get yelled at for that.
>>
>>2480531
It's not that unusual for japanese VNs to have some kind of exclusive routes for special editions (sometimes as a pre-order bonus, sometimes to make people the same thing twice). It's one of the kinda scummy practices of the VN industry.
>>
>>2480657
They're not Japanese, and all the more reason to yell at them and nip this thing in the bud
>>
>>2480531
>yuri kickstarter
Which one? "Our Feelings"? If so, all the girls have pretty much the same face so it's probably not a big loss if you get the digital only version.
>>
>>2480406
>guns and knives
>Desutoro 246
>>
>>2480272
All I know of are traps who have to magically be turned into real girls before they'll have routes.

If I recall, there was a sequel or fandoms to Happiness! Where Jun gets a route where he turns into a girl. In Steins;Gate Ruka won't want to be with Rintaro unless he's a girl. Then there's the Sunohara end in Clannad which is a legit joke

Can't think of any real gay routes in het games, at least none that have become widely known
>>
>>2480746
IIRC there was a really old game about cybersex where one of the datable girls turned out to be a Guy In Real Life and you could still hook up with him at the end and become campaigners for gay marriage, but all the onscreen h-scenes were het.
>>
File: 101362.jpg (265 KB, 1279x721)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
Good news, everybody!
Someone has just released a translation patch for Yurinate!
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/7fqxqz/yurinate_english_translation_patch/
>>
>>2480918
You should link it to the SonoHana /u/rination fetishists.
>>
>>2480918
Perfect timing. I was just trying to decide which yuri steam sale game to play.
>>
Haven't seen this being mentioned before, but Kimihane Couples's release date has been set to 25th May 2018.
http://baseson.nexton-net.jp/baseson-light/kimihane-couples/
https://twitter.com/BaseSonLight/status/933865750363758593
>>
>>2480954
>Couples
It's not going to have predetermined pairings, is it? Because original Kimihane was one of the only yuri eroge that didn't do that
>>
>>2480954
Never heard of it but it looks surprisingly good. Too bad its censored though. Has there ever been a yuri VN that got licensed and had its censorship removed?

And what's a couple extra months longer when it isn't going to get an English TL for years, if ever, anyway.
>>
>>2480954
The fact that Baseson is doing yuri games gave me fleeting hope we may one day see a legit yuri version of Koihime Musou... but it's never happening is it?
>>
File: 1402009315071.jpg (2.59 MB, 4079x5910)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>2480975
I would love that so much, but think it would be highly unlikely to happen.
>>
>>2480918
I knew I should've downloaded this when I had the chance. Now nobody has links to the game.
>>
>>2481041
It should be pretty easy to buy. http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE191648.html
>>
>>2481048
I won't give my money to a company that had me wait for fans to make their software usable for me though.
>>
>>2481050
That's pretty silly. They're a doujin circle, not a company that could realistically do such a thing for you.
>>
>>2481051
Well, I am a silly person then.
>>
>>2477778
>Kids playing pretend
>Kid pretending to be the dragon reveals he has a gun after the "hero" tries to shoot him with a gun
>"Why?"
>This is America! Everyone has a gun!
I'm fucking rolling here.
>>
>>2480918
>>2481041
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2394216
>>
>Yurinate

Ever since I realized the probably accidental wordplay of "Yuri Nation" I expected a game like this to get made sooner rather than later.
>>
>>2480918
>>2481189
>yurination
I bet whoever made the game, did because it really wanted to make this joke.
>>
>>2480964
Well, Mangagamer might end up licensing it if they see that yuri VNs are still selling decently here in the west.
>>
>>2481050
Their software was already usable for you, since they were selling on DLsite, easily available. Not like one of those companies that hates foreigns and blocks them from their website.

i mean yeah it wasn't in english but you could still look at the pictures and machine translate.
>>
>>2480531
They've now put out another update to explain that "exclusive" doesn't really mean "exclusive", just that the extra route will only be in the physical version at first and patched into the digital one later.
>>
File: 62455377_p0.jpg (405 KB, 700x548)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>
>>2481254
Is that Blue Reflection?
>>
>>2481262
yes
>>
>>2481263
Cute!
>>
File: 1488058741285.jpg (13 KB, 259x206)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>2481186
Thanks anon.
I forgot about sukebei. Didn't even check to see if it still existed after all that nyaa mess.
>>
>>2481254
This is the only yuri fanart the game has.
Sad isn't it.
>>
>>2479892
You'll probably be able to pick them up for ~30 if you remember to check again around the Christmas sales. Pretty sure that's when I bought them
>>
File: 004.png (66 KB, 443x320)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>2481186
>>2481494
Alright, so I finally played this and was left thoroughly disappointed.

This is much more of an exhibitionism game than a yuri game. The most action you see in that latter regard is just a bit of handholding while the protagonist is secretely peeing.

I was honestly expecting more degenerate shit, but in the end is just tons of scenes about a girl peeing.
>>
>>2481716
i have to admit having some amusement in the concept of "Senpai, please notice me... WHILE I PEE" but not enough to play it
>>
>>2479892
I bought the same bundle for NoA since they were really cheap bundled together when I bought it. I ended up putting twice as many hours into Sophie. I didn't bother getting all the DLC traits in Sophie though.
>>
What's with all the micro-updates in Steam right now? 0 to 512kb, each time I open Steam, it's a few different games. Sometimes one, sometimes a handful.
>>
>>2481847
Maybe it's Steam Cloud fucking up?
>>
>>2481847
It got something to do with .NET updates or something. No need to worry.
>>
>>2479010
>moxie
>not rabbit
I am disgruntled.
>>
this thing on steam is free and apparently has a yuri story in it:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/734910/Eternal_Hour_Golden_Hour
>>
>>2482081
>Eternal Hour: Golden Hour is a fun, emotional, and story-driven Visual Novel that takes place before the events of Eternal Hour.
>Eternal Hour starts off as a slice-of-life game about the daily life of average-yet-interesting boy named Yasu Fujimoto.

Nope.
>>
>>2482248
>average-yet-interesting boy
Yeah, no.
>>
>>2482248
When you start the game you can choose between the yuri story or the hetshit one.
>>
>>2482248
Was it so hard to scroll down the page to:
>Eternal Hour: Strings of Fate invites you to play as Rin, Yasu's Aunt, eleven years before the events of Eternal Hour! You will discover more about Rin's past and how she came to live in Tokya, and how she became Yasu's guardian. You'll also experience sweet moments of gentle romance as Rin and her new friend, Megumi, slowly fall in love, even as they experience tough times together.

>>2482257
That description is taken from a completely different game that this game is the prequel to.
>>
new thread tomorrow i guess, any suggestions for top image other than yurinate?
>>
>>2482402
Seabed since that'll be out soon. Not that I plan on spending money on it just to make myself sadder.
>>
>>2477778
Alright, after getting further into this, I have to go ahead and ask so I can adjust my expectations.

Is the shorty going to turn out to be trans all along?

Like, I'm not gonna flip my shit, I just want to know what to expect here.
>>
>>2482426
lol no, just a brat
>>
>>2482429
Okay, cuz I just passed a scene that implied she wasn't comfortable using the girl's bathroom and I wanted to know if this was going to go down that road.
>>
>>2481954
It kinda doesn't make sense. Treat's crushing hard on Mochi but is reluctant to confess, but apparently opens up to Moxie.
Moxie DID figure it out, but at the same time Treat doesn't seem to be the kind of person to talk to anyone about that, let alone later take the initiate in bed.
>>
>>2482465
It seems like she's evolved over the course of multiple games; the time span in between isn't exactly clear.

Also maybe she feels more comfortable being marginally aggressive with a predator instead of a skittish prey type.
>>
>>2482477
I want to say three months. It's late spring by the end of the fourth game, and presumably the story starts in mid-late winter.
>>
>>2482430
Haven't played that game, but if they're gay there's some totally understandable reasons to be uncomfortable in the ladies. Also some people just hate public toilets.
>>2480046
I also can't believe it's been like, what, a year since this shitstorm erupted? I remember 4chan were the first to find the controversial scenes and Dynasty's forums regulars straight up accused them of making it up because they had an agenda against Love for being trans and even doctoring screenshots. Pretty sure all discussion of it got banned for a while and any complaints got pretty much swept aside without taking into consideration how genuinely fucked up the implications of the content were while they regularly pile on utterly innocent innocuous content just because they take offence to an art style.

Anyway, sorry for the blog post, just seeing that image brought a lot back to me about how much of my life has changed over the last year directly due to that game. Which seems insane, but I suppose someone's catalyst for personal growth and exploration has to be a series of disappointments all set into motion by one mediocre mis-advertised bdsm evn. We can't all have cool origin stories.
>>
>>2482506
Yeah, a little bit later another character does comment on how fucking awful women's toilets are and from one brief summer working at a theme park doing janitory stuff I can confirm, ladies are the fucking worst about public toilets.
>>
>>2482508
From what I've heard from different sources over the years, women apparently leave appalling messes behind them. I'm fairly lucky I guess that I've never come across anything too bad, but I wonder if it comes down to the people who've been in the bathroom with me or how on the ball the cleaners are. Houses full of girls are always notoriously manky as well though they can't possibly leave the house without a full outfit and face of makeup. I don't get their priorities at all.
>>
>>2482511
In public toilets it comes down to not wanting to sit on gross toilet seats and being willing to shit on the floor or anywhere else just to avoid having to sit on it.
>>
>>2482506
>f my life has changed over the last year directly due to that game
Sorry to ask for you to blog more, but how did it change you?

>>2482508
I've worked as a janitor for a couple years, and so far I've only seen the men's toilets smeared with shit. I guess I'm just lucky.
>>
>>2482524
Hopefully not getting too /tumblr/ or too /pol/ in here, but basically made me realise that modern liberalism, liberal feminism and liberal media doesn't really care about lesbians (shocker, I realise. I guess I was still optimistic.) and by and large anyone trans (or claiming to be, lbr) seems to be completely above criticism no matter what they do for fear of being tarred as 'transphobic'.

The genuine upset and offence at basically having the most heinous thing that can happen to a lesbian sprung on you in the last place imaginable was hand waved and swept aside as prudes being prudish and overreacting instead of anyone acknowledging that Love had done a supremely fucked up thing and a slightly less fucked up, but still insulting and obviously wish fulfilling thing on her part. The best we got was a lip service apology "in case we had been offended" and the incremental removal of it from the game while Love opined that the world just isn't ready for 'her' vision.

So I basically cut tumblr out of my life, completely dropped the dynasty forums and then started avoiding Facebook as much as possible too because of the libfem slop over. That left me with a shocking amount of free time to actually get shit done and I've been trying to put as much into learning Japanese properly as possible and other actually constructive hobbies and I switched what I was going to major in because of it.

I'm not completely /pol/ either, if it sounds like that. I still have a lot of sympathy for people with body dysmorphia, but I think the scales fallen from my eyes have given me a more nuanced appreciation. The trans culture doesn't really seem to care about anyone outside of their own (gay guys get some shit too, if way less.) so I fail to see the point in bending over backwards to accommodate them anymore. I've been so much less mentally stressed since I realised I could just be a lesbian worrying about lesbian things. (And yuri, clearly.)
>>
>>2482562
If it seems totally bizarre, it didn't all happen at once, it was a very incremental change at first. I'm still disappointed I didn't get the game I'd been so hype about before it released, but I think it probably worked out better this way. And I doubt you realised you were signing yourself up for such a wall of text, sorry.
>>
>>2482506
>I also can't believe it's been like, what, a year since this shitstorm erupted? I remember 4chan were the first to find the controversial scenes and Dynasty's forums regulars straight up accused them of making it up because they had an agenda against Love for being trans and even doctoring screenshots.

Shit I completely forgot about that. Man that whole thing was fucking hilarious.

A shame, I liked the first game whatever his face made and the yuri in it helped speed me towards a realization a long time ago.
>>
>>2482562
>>2482564
Thanks for explaining yourself. I appreciate you entertaining a random anon's curiosity.

I think I share all of your feelings, really. Especially speaking as a tranny myself, I am utterly disgusted by those kinds of trans supporters and I want absolutely nothing to do with any groups whatsoever anymore. Even just speaking to my cousin is rough the rare times she gets into it.

I'm still in the middle of figuring out what I should be doing, but I should probably just follow your example and stop associating with the people I've grown to hate, and just learn Japanese and pursue the other hobbies I've been interested in. Also you sound like a sane person, not /pol/.
>>
>>2482562
It frustrates me when these things are said because my instinctive reply is kind of a "not all liberals!" thing. because lots of MY justicey social media friends, outside of 4chan, were horrifically upset by the fucked-upness, not because they hated trans people but because it was a very obviously wrong thing to do without warning.

On the other hand I have since been shown evidence that /u/ actually isn't making it up and there really are some aggressive trans SJWs who think that the way to handle individuals making a valid choice of not personally wanting to date them is to threaten them with sexual assault and claim that any discomfort they get from this is only because they are bigots. And that's just... HOW do they think that is okay???

it's so difficult these days to have sane conversations about anything, and to talk about inappropriate behavior, without someone leaping in and accusing you of being hitler. everybody on all sides is so damn wound up and eager to form lynch mobs at the slightest provocation.

i still have accounts on tumblr and facebook but i limit my following VERY strictly, and I avoid /pol/ because I know it will just make me angry and depressed. so, i guess, i've built my own little bubble in order to be able to deal with the world. in my tiny bubble most people are nice and reasonable.
>>
>>2482669
(note, this was not crticism of you, >>2482562 - just rambling about my own feelings.)
>>
File: mari.png (77 KB, 381x259)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>2482669
>in my tiny bubble most people are nice and reasonable.
Me too. Unfortunately, there's only one real person in there.
>>
fresh thread:

>>2482695
>>
I have no idea how you guys managed to meet such a disproportional amount of alt-left. I used to avoid tumblr for years too because of all things 4chan told me about, but when I actually went there 2 years ago (because my fandom was on there) I found most people are reasonable, normal liberals/feminists. The kind of people who fight back the fandom police who bash on incest and futa fanfics, calling out on asinine trannies who claim "you're transphobic if you don't wanna date a trans". I even made a big group of friends and we knew each other for half a year before realizing there's a transman there, he let me call him "she" for 6 months without correcting me because it didn't matter.

Tl;dr: 90% people I met on tumblr are chill, have the same view regarding fictional contents like 4channers, and actively call out alt-left just like alt-right without bias. It's 4chan/youtube that are full of oversensitive misogynists that cherry-picking the alt-left to represent feminism/liberal. Dynasty is pure cancerous self-entitled SJW teenagers.

That said, I still prefer hanging around 4chan more because I'm too used to the racist jokes and the absence of circle jerking. Tumblr is a disgusting hugbox.
>>
>>2482704
4chan is great, but I kind of feel sad that you don't really make a lot of friends here. Though the only person I talk to these days is somebody I met on /a/ almost 3 years ago.
>>
>>2482704
tumblr is huge, there's a million different communities there, but people think the first thing they encounter represents the whole.

like, people who think all of 4chan is nothing but some sort of alt-right camp constantly organising raids and attacks, when many people are just sitting here trading porn and talking about games.

you can spend all your time on tumblr just following artists and porn blogs and be totally fine. (i love tumblr porn, it's safer than actual porn sites imo)
>>
>>2482575
I just remember being utterly taken aback that they thought that was the most likely explanation. I think that was the day I finally gave up on the forums for good.

>>2482586
No problem, it's clearly something that's still been festering in my brain. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to get it out. Life is too short not to spend it in pursuit of the things that make you happy, whether that's studying something or just chilling with people you just don't hate. I was actually really nervous that my rl friends would think it was dumb when I got serious about learning Japanese (because they're in on the fact that it's all about the cartoon lesbians.) but they're happy because I'm happier now. Hope you get you some of those.

>>2482704
Probably for me at least because that community sprung out of the one I was a part of originally. I was on tumblr from '10 or '11, having followed it from lj and was probably one of the people who defended it on here at times. I watched multiple fandoms slowly stop being fun and die though and it seemed that you either deleted your tumblr or lived to become one of the grandstanding snowflakes. I do think there's been a bit of backlash with people remembering that fandom is supposed to be fun, but I'm content enough on here now. I still read a few blogs individually but I think I'm pretty much done with the platform. I'm happy you made friends through it.
>>
>>2482746
Oh I'm no longer on tumblr. Like I said, I prefer 4chan style of discussion (no circlejerking, politically incorrect sarcasm instead of cutesy hugbox) and was only on there for a couple years due to fandom demand. I'm actually one of the people who insult tumblrina a lot whenever I saw a post that are clearly clueless newfags who take every joke on here seriously and expect us to care about their FEELINGS like on tumblr.

I simply want to say that tumblr is not an SJW shithole like 4chan likes to portray them. They aren't immature retards like Dynasty either. Most of them across different fandoms are super cool to hang out with.
>>
https://youtu.be/xlh8e201lI0
Well this is really upsetting to learn...
>>
>>2482911
Why am I not surprised? Poor Wanaca though.
>>
Commenting here because it's a dead thread but, for what it's worth coming from a straight white man, god I wish you guys didn't have to deal with all this shit. Any of you. I don't usually comment about shit like this because my perspective shouldn't count, but fuck it I'm anonymous anyway. It's fucked up that the right doesn't give a fuck about you and it's fucked up that the left uses you for social capital.

Also sorry that 4chan's been getting increasingly pissy about lesbians for no good goddamn reason.
>>
>>2482506
Dynasty is the worst. The forums doesn't even contain its shit and infests the tagging system. They had at least that one futa/trans thing that they absolute refused to tag as such because some jackass got offended. What a shitty place. It's a fucking mystery to me how people so vile come from a place that hosts so much yuri goodness
>>
>>2482960
One word: moderation.
Well, moderation gone bad to be more precise.
Mods can be good if they filter shitposters out and keep valid conversation in. But when shitposters become mods, they keep shitposts in and push valid conversation out.
>>
File: 66011015_p0_master1200.jpg (684 KB, 1200x830)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>2482562
There are idiots on every side of an argument that's true.

Probably one reason for the preferential treatment you see is that liberalism is all about protecting the powerless from the powerful, since humans instinctively tend to abuse power when they have it.

From this perspective trans people are among the least powerful in society and thus require the most protection, whereas lesbians tend to get a few breaks in media and society (because "they're hot") compared to gay men or any other part of the queer spectrum.

I'm not saying everyone always gets the balance right. Just that there's a certain method to the madness. Sometimes fucked-up things are less bothersome if you can understand the internal logic.
>>
>>2483606
>trans people are among the least powerful in society
that is simply not true in current society
everyone is bending to accommodate them, destroying language, personal boundaries and free speech in process
>>
>>2483629
>everyone is bending to accommodate them, destroying language, personal boundaries and free speech in process
All that is driven by liberalism. It's the protection I was talking about, not part of any inherent power wielded by the trans community. Insert pc qualifiers here
>>
>>2483629
>destroying language
Don't tell me you're one of those people who doesn't believe singular 'they' has existed for hundreds of years.
>>
>>2483665
I was talking about how uterus/female reproductive system/menstruation etc became offensive words that violently "exclude" transwomen
>>
>>2483680
I have to say I doubt that's common. By 'everyone' you must referring to incredibly obnoxious but very niche groups of people.
>>
>>2483629
Well they're also still getting beaten and harassed by at least half the internet just for existing, and also because some of their number who AREN'T bullied into submission (and live in nice safe bubble worlds) are loud obnoxious assholes while they can't even go into a bathroom without risking someone getting on their case.

I got a transman cousin and frankly, they looked manly enough even before transitioning that I was always worried about them getting harassed. It's stupid. Entitled tumblr assholes are not a majority of anyone. Tumblr doesn't deserve half the credit 4chan likes to give it.
>>
>>2483686
Yep, I'm talking about incredibly obnoxious but very niche groups of people that bend entire organisations to their will
https://thefifthcolumnnews.com/2017/11/midwife-allliance-doesnt-know-where-babies-come-from/
https://medium.com/clued-in/accessibility-and-gendered-language-at-clue-4b79a1dfc033
https://np.reddit.com/r/rollerderby/comments/6p94o8/derby_inclusivity_and_language/
>>
>>2483606
No, lesbians tend to get misrepresented and objectified in the media because "they're hot" and treated just as poorly as any other part of the 'queer spectrum' in rl. The multiple recent instances of lesbians getting the shit kicked out of them in supposedly tolerant countries can attest to that.

I also usually find that fucked up things are even more bothersome when you understand the internal logic if you're on the receiving end of them.
>>
>>2483691
In western media gay men can actually get happy endings now. Lesbians can't.
>>
>>2483680
First time I've heard of that one.

>>2483687
This. Shit is complex.

>>2483695
That's just not true. Yes the clueless Joss Whedons of the world are bloody annoying when they start smashing up the china shop, but nowadays you also have gay moms and characters in kids shows and shit.

>>2483691
There are definite downsides but if you can't also see that the hotness of lesbians has helped drive acceptance then there's no help for you. Both things can be true.

>if you're on the receiving end of them.
Sucks to be you. I've also been on the receiving end of this and lost one of my oldest childhood friends as a result.
>>
>>2483912
>First time I've heard of that one.
See >>2483690
It happens in reality to real women, it is not just another tumblr craze
>>
>>2483912
>>2483912
>First time I've heard of that.
Then you're clearly just not paying enough attention. Though I was happily oblivious to it for a long time as well. Doesn't mean it wasn't going on.

The hotness has also helped drive acceptance of only a very narrow standard of what it means to be a lesbian and if you don't fall into that you're treated with just as much, if not more, disdain than ever. Same way it's perfectly acceptable for guys to be Hollywood gay, but if you're too camp you better watch your back. And if you can't see that then I don't know what to say to you. Maybe you should try being more observant.
>>
>>2484001
Or maybe it's just easy to miss because it's fringe lunacy that no'one cares about.

>And if you can't see that
When did I say that I didn't? You only just brought it up doofus.
>>
>>2483690
Ah, the hard-hitting and principled journalism of reddit.com.
>>
>>2484790
Ah, pointless bitching of tumblr
>>
>>2484885
Cmon dude you're literally citing Reddit as a source here.
>>
>>2484691
By literally saying that lesbians are apparently better off than any other LGBT group by virtue of just being oppressed in a marginally different way.
>>
>>2484903
I forgot that everything written on reddit is a cruel lie against transwomen. Good thing it wasn't the only one source then.
>>
>>2484975
>The fifth column news
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column
>A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine. Forces gathered in secret can mobilize openly to assist an external attack.
Interesting choice of name. Mediabiasfactcheck.com says they have well-written journalism but also says they occasionally post information bordering on conspiracy and that they occasionally post information that goes against the consensus of science.

>medium.com
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_%28website%29
So it's basically twitter news.

>Reddit.com
>reddit.com

Like, look, the stuff you're upset about is stupid and shitty and I don't doubt it happens somewhere, but you've been acting like it's some wide-spread pandemic instead of a handful of shitty assholes. Like, I know anti-vaxxers are a thing but I don't think they're going to bring the pillars of society down because most people are smart enough to realize they're fucking lunatics.
>>
>>2485082
>but you've been acting like it's some wide-spread pandemic instead of a handful of shitty assholes
If it would be just handful of shitty assholes minding their own business on their blogs, I won't care. But they have power that affects actual people.

Midwives Alliance of North America have changed their core competencies document to erase mention of women. Thefifthcolumnnews didn't make up those news, they have reported on it.
https://womancenteredmidwifery.wordpress.com/take-action/

Second link is a blog of a company that made the statement, again not some random journalist who invented the information.

There is more than ever pressure against women-specific events.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Womyn's_Music_Festival#Controversy_about_transgender_people

Women are fucking bullied and silenced for not being trans-brainwashed
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3/15/14910900/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-transgender-women-comments-apology
http://www.hilltopviewsonline.com/news/lecture-cancelled-after-students-question-julie-bindel-s-comments-on/article_9eb7c33a-c97b-11e7-8d08-f3abb1c74623.html
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/06/feminist-linda-bellos-women-trans-male-violence
Sure, it is not pandemic now, but at this rate it would be.
>>
>>2485082
>Like, I know anti-vaxxers are a thing but I don't think they're going to bring the pillars of society down because most people are smart enough to realize they're fucking lunatics.

That's the problem. These people are actually successful when they attempt to force change upon others. And even if anti-vaxxers were successful too that wouldn't make either group less harmful.
>>
>>2485179
Haha wait do you think this is a bad thing? You can't just say your specific breach of traditional morals is good but someone else's is going to destroy society because it hurts your feefees. There is no logically coherent way to oppose transgenderism if you think women's rights and feminism and gay marriage are good things.
>>
>>2485832
There is indeed no logically coherent way to oppose transgenderism. Because even before you make your opinion clear, you'll get silenced.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/06/feminist-linda-bellos-women-trans-male-violence
I want everyone to coexist peacefully, no matter of orientation, gender and trans-status.
When people can't voice their opinions, woman are not allowed to talk about their bodies or lesbians bullied for not wanting to date "non-binary/tomboy transwomen", I see it as a problem and a dismissal of everything women's rights and gay acceptance achieved in the past decades.
>>
>>2474036
what is the name of thi game?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.