[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: AnthologyBooklet.jpg (100 KB, 675x960)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Previous thread reached bump limit and is on page 9: >>2469615

Anime PV released the 1st of September : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5CJyRZ4b8

Airing date : January 6th, 2018 on AT-X

Early screening of episode 1 : December 3rd

Studio : Passione (Hinako Note)
Director : Takahashi Takeo (Hinako Note)
Series Composition : Hayashi Naoki (Flip Flappers)
Character Design/Animation Direction : Ijuuin Izuro (Working!!!)
Music : Lantis (Tari Tari, Glasslip...)

Main Cast members announced :
Aihara Yuzu : Taketatsu Ayana (Date A Live - Kotori, High School DxD - Koneko, K-On - Azusa, Oreimo - Kirino)
Aihara Mei : Tsuda Minami (Yuru Yuri - Yui, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Miho)
Taniguchi Harumi : Fujii Yukiyo (Amagi Brilliant Park - Latifa, Re:Zero Mimi)
Momokino Himeko : Kubo Yurika (Love Live - Hanayo, Galko-chan - Fushigi-chan)
Mizusawa Matsuri : Izawa Shiori (Sword Art Online - Argo, Symphogear - Micha)

Supporting Cast members announced :
Maruta (Glasses-senpai) Kayo : Hayama Ikumi (Girls und Panzer - Nekota, Fairy Tail - Laki)
Tachibana Sara : Kanemoto Hisako (Imouto sae Ireba Ii. - Nyuta, Akuma no Riddle - Haru)
Tachibana Nina : Matsuzaki Rei (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Kirari, The Ambition of Nobunaga - Nagahide)
Aihara Shou : Maeno Tomoaki (Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi - Arsène Lupin, Death Parade - Decim)
Aihara Ume : Ueda Kana (the Fate series - Rin, Maria-sama - Yumi)

OP Theme : nano.RIPE - Azalea

ED Theme : Mia REGINA - Dear Teardrop

==================

Scans on Dynasty (CT on Dynasty now) : https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus

Translations done by Chaosteam

Latest translations : Chapter 34, chapter 19 CT version translation, volume 6-8 volume extras with Yuzu and Mei with tiger ears and tails
Soon : More anthology booklet short stories
Upcoming : chapter 20 CT version translation
>>
I have to wonder if the anime staff views Yuzu and Mei's relationship as toxic given the name of the OP theme.

>in addition to being renowned for its beauty, the azalea is also highly toxic

Then again, that kind of fits the theme of Citrus, in that love can be both bitter and sweet.
>>
File: Azalea.png (16 KB, 746x244)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2476767
I should add that it also has the meaning of fragile or developing love that could still fail to blossom. Sounds like the anime is playing up the angst angle of their relationship.
>>
>>2476773
>Azalea
Well, the angst angle reigns in volumes 1-4 so it is expected because it will be at least two third of the episodes, and the OP cannot spoil the last episodes. I think they want to let people in the mist concerning the ending. Volume 5 ? Date or ring? Or a kind of synthesis of volume 6-7 with some original scene. But the symbolism states that it is blossoming, with hardship and difficulty, but it is. Exactly what Saburouta told about Yuzu and Mei. It will be hard, and it is not finished yet, but it won't fail in the end.

All depends on what Saburouta planed for the actual arc. Is the fiance thing supposed to resolve easily, with Mei giving up her sense of familial duty for Yuzu ? The author probably already informed the anime team of the outcome. So we could have a happy note in the end, not only with Yuzu's confession.
>>
>>2476767
Azalea could be Mei. Beauty, perfect ojou sama, admired by everyone but broken and "twisted" (Mei's exact words in volume 3). She was toxic for Yuzu until volume 3 (and we had also a glimpse of this toxicity in volume 4 and the way the used Sara).
>>
you'd probably have more luck/accuracy looking into the japanese flower language meaning of azalea than its actual chemical properties

>patient/modest
>>
>>2476850
With the lyrics we will have more insight on the meaning. I agree with the fact that the japanese flower language is probably the meaning to keep in mind.
>>
>>2476762
Anime looks eh.. kinda different than their manga versions but I guess we'll get used to it
>>
>>2476850
>patient/modest
Over 8 volumes in and they still haven't really done more than kissed, despite dating for about half a year or so now. Truly both they and the readers have the patience of saints.
>>
>>2476954
The more i see it, the more we will have a time skip when they make love. The moment before, the building, the morning after. Not that i complain, hoping we'll have something like that instead of Mei's confession, coming out to family and two chapters left when the graduate and live together.

I hope the author will not rush the ending when the fiance arc and the parents' arc will be done.
>>
>>2476945
Anime like this are usually done on tight budgets and time is a limiting factor too, so they tend to have simplified designs.
>>
>>2476962
This all hinges on how this arc plays out. If Mei just tells her grandfather that she wants to pick her own partner when the time comes, then the family finding out about her and Yuzu could still be a ways off. But yeah, resolving the fiance issue was expected as a third year development, so it feels like the manga is starting to move forward faster than expected.
>>
>>2476847
>we had also a glimpse of this toxicity in volume 4 and the way the used Sara).
With the reveal that Mei knew she'd be reengaged to a guy once her first engagement was cancelled, this development seems kind of silly. What if her grandfather decided to reengage her a week after the trip? Mei knew the engagement could be sprung on her at any time.
>>
>>2476965
It is probably because Mei's love confession is linked to the fiance problem being resolved. As long as she's supposed to be engaged after school, she cannot totally be available to Yuzu as a real partner.

Indeed, that can mean two things. The third year will be quickly paced or she author will shift the conflict on another area, with Mei being more open and enjoying her romance freely but having to fight against other hurdles, with Yuzu at her side this time.

I find it hard to imagine how the most important year in all manga with school background, the last one, can be covered in one volume if the ending is soon (volume 10 or 12, since the volumes are paired with their covers).
>>
>>2476969
I talk about the way she used Sara to be sure of her feelings for Yuzu, personally, i don't think she was aware of another engagement. And she didn't know yet how much she loved Yuzu. But she used Sara, maybe unconsciously, to test another possible romance and to compare with what she felt for Yuzu.
>>
>>2476973
>to test another possible romance and to compare with what she felt for Yuzu
This is only a theory, since Mei's motive for accepting the confession are never revealed.

>i don't think she was aware of another engagement
Volumes 8 and 9 said that Mei was under constant stress due to keeping the fact she'd be engaged again a secret from Yuzu. And Mei's been more distant and less physical since they started dating.
>>
Only about a month and a half until the anime airs. Meanwhile, the advanced screening of episode 1 is in just under 2 weeks.
>>
I hope they tone down the melodrama and skip to the good stuff.
>>
>>2476977
I don't think she was meeting suitors yet or was aware of a move from her grandfather. Indeed, volume 4 without Mei PoV is a real disgrace, because it will always dependent of readers interpretation, and some people can consider she was a real bitch (not my case) without being totally in the wrong, because we don't know what she was thinking. That's why i think the bonus extra of volume 4 was a way for Saburouta to show that Mei wasn't really ill-willed.

But, yeah, of course, it is evident that the engagement problem was a Damocles sword that plagued all of her desires to express her affection to Yuzu. Because all these wealthy girls and Mei is top tier here as Aihara heir to rule the school, know that it is their fate. I hope we'll have an explanation chapter from Mei, probably if a heart to heart with Yuzu is in the works to help resolve all this drama.
>>
>>2476985
My interpretation of volume 4 was that Mei was just giving in to the negative view of herself that Matsuri had of her. Mei even agreed with Matsuri's assessment of her being twisted.

Honestly, I hope the anime sheds more light on what Mei's motives were. Saburouta has to be aware that some people didn't really get or misunderstood Mei's actions, so the anime adaptation would be a good place to clarify. They've been adding some anime original scenes to fill some time gaps, so might as well add something meaningful.
>>
These Citrus threads remind me of a book club, so comfy.
>>
File: twisted.jpg (248 KB, 1000x781)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>My interpretation of volume 4 was that Mei was just giving in to the negative view of herself that Matsuri had of her. Mei even agreed with Matsuri's assessment of her being twisted

You have a point here. Mei strikes me as being masochist and if people talk badly about her, she seems to go along with that and persuades herself they are right.
Somewhere along the road, i perfectly picture Yuzu telling her she hopes that one day Mei could see herself like Yuzu see her, someone wonderful.

>>2477007
Yep, and sometimes we have some very enlightening comments.
>>
>>2476989
If they change some things from the manga, I hope they still make sure it's meaningful. The anime could also make it lose some meaning by adapting it loosely to cast Mei in a better light. If they took the easy way out they could just have Nina blackmail Mei into accepting the date.
>>
>>2477011
The scene reminds me another one. It is like Mei is always trying to take other people words to verbalize what she feels.
Matsuri called her twisted, indeed, she uses the word to categorize her broken self.

When she asks Nene why she likes Yuzu, she quotes Nene (Yuzu is "considerate", "warm"...) but waits before acknowledging Yuzu that it was a quote (which caused a very funny scene, because Yuzu thought like us that it was Mei's own confession of love and blushed). I always thought that it was indeed what Mei really felt, but she hid behind other people words as if she was unable to clearly voice out her thoughts. Indeed, that is a number 1 problem now.
>>
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the anime. I haven't seen any real red flags so far and I get that it's a budget production, so that's where I need to set my expectations. This could end up being a nice refresher for the early volumes of the series.
>>
>>2476983
If you're hoping to see them as a couple, then what you want probably won't happen until episode 9, which will most likely be the first half of volume 5.
>>
In the preview for the next release, Citrus is listed?
>>
>>2477713
Yes.
>>
>>2477713
They most likely wont be taking a break at least until volume 9 releases. It seems they're trying to get volume 9 out when the anime is in the middle of running to try and boost its sales.
>>
>>2477891
Yes. That's what i think too, hence the rushed released of chapter 33 even though it was in an unfinished state. I hope they won't pressure the author for chapter 37. If volume 9 is released in February, let's hope there will be the usual hiatus because of the bonus extra and the collector's booklets. And Saburouta will have to finish chapter 33.
>>
File: busy mangaka.jpg (93 KB, 531x563)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2477896
I wonder if this panel isn't a self insert of the author, a little reference to her previous month.
>>
>>2477896
They'll most likely break in February, because the anime will have been over by several months by the time volume 10 comes out regardless.
>>
I noticed something funny. Volume 1 took place in fall, at the start of their second term in their first year of high school. Meanwhile, volume 10 will most likely take place in fall, at the start of their second term in their second year of high school. We've reached a loop. Volume 10 might be a new beginning in a way.
>>
>>2477904
Basically, they might treat it as the perfect jumping on point for new readers. Wonder if we'll get any callbacks to the first volume.
>>
My prediction of the next few volumes.

Sports festival - They were just building up the main cast at the start of the series, so last fall didn't have this.

Christmas again - Too important of an event to skip and would be a good contrast to what happened last Christmas.

Valentine's Day - They were still avoiding each other last February, so this will be their first Valentine's together as a couple.

Subsequent volumes could start going further in time faster, because most of the buildup has already been done in the early volumes of the series.
>>
Plot twist : Yuzu will be student council president.
>>
>>2477931
Plot twist, we'll get a new transfer student that's like how Mei was at the start of the series who is now questioning Mei's competence.
>>
>>2477935
It was also an idea i have, yeah, and less improbable than my first one with Yuzu. Indeed, with Mei definitely changing and choosing Yuzu over her duties, that will be very logical she has to confront someone as twisted and severe than her. A nice reminder of how Yuzu changed her for the good, and of course, Saint Yuzu and new Mei will talk no jutsu the new ice queen who will melt down under Yuzu's kindness.

Maybe that could lead Mei to find a way to keep the school by creating a sort of revolution if she wins against this new rival. But a rival on the school competence would be refreshing, not a new love rival.
>>
File: iamharebitches.jpg (35 KB, 225x350)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2477935
Time to get this academy in order.
>>
>>2477935
>>2477947
>>2477956
The new girl could could be even more severe than the old Mei. The new girl could literally pull Harumin's shirt open and confiscate her phone right out of her bra. Remember Harumin's thing was breaking school rules but not getting caught or punished.
>>
>>2477964
I am in for some badassery, that would be total crack imagining Mei playing a sort of rebel in the third year.
>>
Other theory. Is it retarded to think that the author could play the illness card (cancer). It is another dramatic trope overused but with Yuzu’s father death, that could be one. If there isn’t any love rival after the fiance arc resolution.
>>
>>2478112
I think Citrus became more light hearted after Yuzu and Mei became a couple. So I doubt they'd go the serious illness route.
>>
>>2478121
Chapter 35 will give the tone. Mei rejects her grandfather will and wants to choose her partner so light drama resolved. Or shit hits the fan (even though she took the ring to remind her whom her love bellngs she step back and accepts because she cannot confront her family alone).
>>
2nd PV after the screening of the 2 first episode ?
>>
>>2478618
I thought the screening was only for episode 1.

The second PV might not come until sometime in December. Though the longer it is and the fact they are doing an early screening makes me wonder if they'll bother with a second PV at all. Don't expect any footage from later episodes in it though, since those likely aren't even done yet.
>>
>>2478693
I read that it was indeed for two episode. i have to find the source again but i guess we'll know more about it next weekend.
>>
>>2478785
I think 2 episodes would make sense. It would most likely be all of volume 1, meaning the anime is basically going at the rate of 2 episodes a volume.
>>
I suppose we won't have any screenshots or other things about the screening, just comments from viewers. Maybe some pictures of the screening events in the Yuri Hime magazine release the 18th of December ?
>>
>>2479255
People can be sneaky with their phones, so there might be a few pics that show up online. Probably not in good quality though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the general reaction to arc 1. It's important to see exactly what people liked or disliked about the adaptation, because it sets the tone of what to expect from the rest of the season.

And yeah, the December release of Yuri Hime will probably be the last chance to have any new printed info on the anime before it airs on January 6th.
>>
I just realized that Matsuri's anime VA voiced Nanachi from Made in Abyss.
>>
>>2476847
I think it's safe to say Mei is still quite toxic for Yuzu. We just happen to enjoy love with tragic undertones.

Checking out the character designs.
>>http://citrus-anime.com/charactor/index.php

I think what's sitting wrong with us is how angular the character designs tend to be. It feels geometric and more cartoony than Saburouta's illustrations. I'm not complaining, but this is probably the reason why Mei feels so unnatural to us, the manga's audience. I couldn't put my finger on what it was until I looked at Matsuri's character design.

As >>2476963 said, simplifying the illustration is a given. But even tiny changes to detail would almost move mountains in the overall design. That's why Yuzu and Harumin's designs are making such a good impression on us.
>>
I wonder if they won't bother with a second PV since they're already going to have the first episode or 2 show early at the advanced screening next month.
>>
Post harumin
>>
File: HaruminYoshino.png (1.2 MB, 2221x938)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>2479538
>>
File: citrusmite.jpg (201 KB, 1000x1000)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>2479541
Always thought that Saburouta was inspired a little by some characters from Marimite.
We miss a Sei Satou !
>>
>>2479541
>>2479614
Yumi's VA from Maria-sama voices Yuzu's mom in the anime.
>>
File: InterviewCitrus.jpg (100 KB, 960x858)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>I wrote my characters with the idea of "it would be fun if this kind of character appeared".

Not to say this way isn't amusing, but I have to wonder if that's the best idea when writing a continuous story. Couldn't it result in characters that really don't fit the tone of the story showing up?
>>
>>2477935
>>2477956
>>2479644
I totally see an alpha bitch ice queen being transferred to the Academy. Yuzu will just have to defrost her like the others.
>>
Shiraho must've resulted when Saburouta was thinking of Junko's talent from Danganronpa and her wheel of character archtypes landed on yakuza heiress.
>>
plot twist
>>
>>2479802
Literally what?
>>
>>2479802
Things like this makes me wish that Citrus was more of a romantic comedy series sometimes.
>>
>>2479806
It's from Yuzutop, where Chaosteam creates a chapter parody by changing the text.
>>
>>2479811
while on drugs
>>
>>2479813
What were they smoooooking? Ciiiiiigarettes?
>>
>>2479877
Weed . where do you think all that bs comes from ? ( Ct member)
>>
>>2479891
You guys seem like a fun bunch. I wish I knew Japanese so I could work with you. C'iest la vie.
>>
>>2479897
Yeah i wish you knew Japanese too cause no one replied to our ad yet.... Why is it so hard to find a translator these days?
>>
>>2479901
Really? I'm surprised.

All of my Japanese is peripheral weeb learned. If I had a way to learn legit i'd commit though. It seems like a fine skill, especially with my interests.
>>
>>2479902
Yeah we didn't have much luck until recently, but now we need one more...since they're both pretty busy
>>
>>2479901
Most decent translators I know only do it for money. While many people who would volunteer don't know the language well enough to do translation work.
>>
>>2479907
Yeah we had one or two who asked for money... Wish I had the cash to pay them but hey we're all doing it for free. I know some good ones ( free ones) too but they are busy with their teams
>>
>>2479909
If nothing pops up soon, maybe there might be more interest once the Citrus anime starts airing and draws more attention to the series.
>>
I really want to see more of Harumin and Yuzu's middle schools. We already know what Aihara Academy is like and I'm curious what their old classmates thought of them. Harumin used to be a nerd, but she turned into a gyaru sometime before the start of the series, while Yuzu only initially dyed her hair because of her dad but later on got into being stylish.
>>
>>2480002
I remind reading some panels where Yuzu told she wasn't really popular. But it is the problem with Yuzu, she's not aware of her greatness, so she could have said that whereas it wasn't really the case.
But yeah, i'd like some flashback and a little more lore on their past before the Academy. That would be such a waste if the story would end without knowing anything about Yuzu's father and middle school's years. And how Harumi became a gyaru in disguise.
>>
>>2480025
>some panels where Yuzu told she wasn't really popular.
That was in volume 3 where Matsuri said how popular Yuzu's always been. Then Yuzu's thoughts revealed that she's never been popular. Which means either Matsuri just fell for Yuzu's facade of being this super popular gyaru whose dated alot of guys (which is kind of true, since Matsuri couldn't believe Yuzu was suddenly into girls and thought that Mei tricked her into it somehow), or Yuzu may have been more popular than she realized.
>>
>CITRUS ANTHOLOGY next two stories are on final quality check and will be posted in the next few days :) please be patient!

Story where Matsuri kisses Harumin soon.
>>
>>2480350
lol, people who don't get what the anthology is are now declaring their ship canon.
>>
File: foreshadow.jpg (80 KB, 628x480)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Foreshadowing about Mei's duty to be engaged? At first, she hides her grandfather picture (with her as a child) because she's making out in his office and she's ashamed, shy whatever. But, kissing Yuzu with this picture under her eyes is also a reminder of the duties she'll have to carry on soon.
>>
>>2481260
Well yeah, no matter her decision (last chapter makes it pretty clear she'll choose to be with Yuzu) she'll disappoint one of the people she loves.
>>
>while the other two stories are on final quality check, the next two stories of the CITRUS ANTHOLOGY are already done with translation and typesetting and will go through various quality checks as well before releasing ;) please be patient!

That means 4 more anthology booklet chapters will be released soon. That'll make it so there's only 5 more to go, since they released 2 back in October.
>>
>>2481330
I am impatient with Kodama's story and a Mei eager to try the positions in the yuri manga Matsuri gave to Yuzu.
>>
>>2481341
I want to read Merrryhachi's. Truly comedy gold.
>>
>>2481341
Kodama s story is coming soon as well,waiting on translation. if everything goes well we will release the 4 stories that are ready tomorrow. if not for sure the stories with Harumin and Matsuri kiss and the tmnr
>>
>>2481348
Ah ! I know that there is a good amount of fans for this ship now. A little sad that tMnR only drew two pages but she talked about some health problems, so it is lovely from her to have done something for Citrus even though she wasn't in good shape.
>>
>>2481362
Matsuri/Harumin has to be popular. 2 of the 11 stories in the booklet are about them. And they seem close in at least 2 of the other stories.
>>
>>2481365
Fairly popular in Japan too if we follow some readers' twitters. I know that some reviewers criticized how Yuzu and Mei relationship lacked progression, so a second ship almost official and the fact that the author quickens the pace in this arc 9 with the fiance drama and the choice Mei has to do at last.

Maybe that's the reason a third ship arose with Himeko and Shiraho too since Matsuri/Harumi is almost a given in each volume now.
>>
I just realized something. Not only did Citrus not have a hiatus when volume 8 came out, but My Unrequited Love wasn't scheduled for one either when its second volume came out. It was only delayed because its author was sick. Is Yuri Hime trying to do away with volume breaks?
>>
>>2481426
I am afraid, yes. I bet my money that Saburouta didn't want to publish, she never did before during a volume release, with all the bonus content and booklets and the promo. Kodama seems to be a force of nature, she tweets, she publishes a chapter every month ... In may, volume 7 was delayed because Saburouta needed time to finish all the extras.

But i hope that the magazine editor will think twice next time. It shed in a very bad light on the magazine and Japanese readers, who don't criticize publicly were surprised disappointed. I read comments that were sorry for Saburouta sensei. I suspect that some smelled a pressure from the editor. The pressure from the anime release doesn't help. They probably plan a volume 9 release for February. Let's hope there won't be any chapter this month because chapter 33 needs to be polished.
>>
>the next two CITRUS ANTHOLOGY stories have already been translated and typesetting will start soon enough

Yuri Lesson from Kodama is in the two next ones. So, if i recount well, four stories are done (translated, typeset) and in QC, soon to be released today or tomorrow. And the next two others maybe this weekend if QC is done.
>>
>>2481938
That would make 6 soon plus the 2 that came out in October. That means 8 of 11 are nearly done. And I remember the last story in the anthology was super short about Matsuri and Harumin teasing Himeko. They might finish the anthology by some time in December. This is great news.
>>
Two new anthology stories are out on CT's Facebook. Also, Matsuri didn't kiss Harumin. She just got close to her face and decorated the pic in a way that made it look like they kissed. That was why Harumin didn't look shocked in the photo booth. Saburouta can still draw their first kiss.
>>
>>2477956
The sister's death pissed me off so damn much...
>>
>>2482070
Mei being a troll never gets old
>>
Ah, i liked the Matsuri/Harumi's one, very in character.
These stories are a nice bonus to the manga and make easier the wait for the ending of the actual arc.
>>
>>2482092
It felt more like what happened in volume 7 when Mei was trying to confirm her feelings for Yuzu.
>>
>>2482482
The mangakas read very well the manga. A story reminds us of Mei’s scar, another about Yuzu yuri mangas collection, Matsuri’s talent to take ambiguous and suggestive picture to blackmail people and so on. And the lovelove book Mei keeps and follow. So even though these stories aren’t official, they have a canon vibe i really like.
>>
>>2482528
And the Matsuri/Harumin story used the arcade game they were playing in volume 3 when they first met. Matsuri even mentions this.
>>
>>2482535
>Masturbated too much
>>
File: topbottom.jpg (60 KB, 595x386)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
2 more stories available.
Yuri Lesson from Kodama, with a Mei asking Yuzu if she prefers topping or bottoming.
And the King's order, with Matsuri little devil and an epic Mitsuko interruption.

In these two, we have a very cool as fuck and naughty Mei.

Matsuri is so well nailed in these stories, that's amazing. Yuzu too.
>>
>>2482666
>4
we all know that Mei wants Yuzu to be top
>>
>>2482666
>Matsuri is so well nailed in these stories
Saburouta herself said that she thinks Matsuri is very easy to write for. And trickster types tend to be fun for author's to work with.
>>
two more stories coming up soon leaving only 3 to finish the anthology
>>
>>2482715
Sweet.
>>
>>2482715
You guys are on fire, i bet the fact that these stories are quite entertaining helps greatly.
>>
I'm glad we can all agree that Citrus should have ended on chapter 3
>>
>>2482725
the fact that 3 translators are helping us with the anthology right now it's a main reason. We don't know when the rest will come out though.
>>
>>2482728
Attention whore much?
>>
>>2482739
What in the world are you talking about!
>>
How strange is the fact that Matsuri entered the top three of the most loved characters of Citrus, the other two being Harumi and Yuzu. I read many comments here and there, on these bonus stories and the last chapters about Mei, and man, she as much as disliked as at the beginning after a great volume 6 which gave her short justice, except her hardcore fans who support her till the first chapters (i love her, she's so complex but sometimes badly written by Saburouta who recognized that she had difficulties with her).

Nanami Touko, who have many things in common with Mei, is better shaped in Bloom into you.

I really hope Mei's character will have her moment of glory.
>>
>>2482797
If people have an issue with the way Mei's written that's entirely on Saburouta. Part of the issue I've seen come up alot is that Mei's and Yuzu's relationship hasn't progressed much since they started dating. Saburouta chose slow growth. And in fact the author's note for volume 4 even noted that it felt like it had taken a long time for them to get together too.

At this point what are Citrus' main genres? At the start it was definitely a drama, but as the characters have become more stable and fleshed out, it's felt like it's become more of a slice of life with more comedy.
>>
>>2482805
haters gonna hate
>>
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_vol_5_extra
I was wondering where this was.
CT uploaded it on dynasty along with the new anthology stories
>>
>>2482817
Nene's already been done a as crab. Doesn't that mean that of the main cast, only Harumin and Matsuri are left to be made into animals? Though they could do Mitsuko and Glasses-senpai too.

Volume 9 could be Matsuri and Harumin's turn, since they've been getting focus in it. Volume 5 introduced Nene and had her be a crab, volume 6 had a bonus of Nina and Sara and made them rabbits, volume 7 introduced Shiraho and had her as a ?swan, and volume 8 had Himeko worrying and had her as a ?tanuki.
>>
so how much of a siscon is Harumin's sister?
>>
File: thumbupsista.jpg (108 KB, 1059x405)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2483279
I don't know but Mitsuko blushes a lot when Harumi is nice to her (in a bonus chapter for example) or ask something related to share time with her (like for the trip). But Mitsuko status intrigues me. I hope we'll have some meat to eat next with the Taniguchi family background.
>>
I wonder if we'll get the second PV.
>>
>>2483311
Let's wait for the screening in two days and after that Yuri Hime magazine release in December. NTR second PV was at the end of June for a first episode the 4th July.
>>
>>2483279
One of the volume 5 bonus stories had Mitsuko said she'd wait as long as it took for Harumin to find her own answer (to what I don't know).
>>
It seems that any show with an all female cast and a bit of subtext is being declared a yuri series on /a/. That means when Citrus airs there will be at least 8 other shows for it to compete with for "yuri" of the season. This could also lead to more people dropping Citrus, since they see so many potential alternatives.
>>
Looks like Citrus is getting another advanced screening.
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/936069120990224384

>12/23 held at-x broadcasting 20th anniversary commemorative event anime-Marathon screenings of the film title "citrus" have been added!
>>
Two new stories translated.
The HaruMatsu one by Ohsawa Yayoi. Totally nailed Harum's reluctance to meddle in other's affairs, Harumi's probable feelings for Yuzu that she quickly shot and the fact that she tries to warn Matsuri. Totally legit, that could be a real bonus chapter of the original manga.

And a new story with, once again, a proactive Mei. Yuzu's unsuccessful tries to know more about Mei in the real manga have an echo here.

Well, mangakas gave their opinion to Saburouta, they want to see a Mei who acts and acknowledges Yuzu a little more about the fact she reciprocates her love.
>>
>>2483517
>Well, mangakas gave their opinion to Saburouta, they want to see a Mei who acts and acknowledges Yuzu a little more about the fact she reciprocates her love.

Where was this? I'd love to read more on it.
>>
>>2483529
Ah sorry, they didn't voice it officially but these stories are enough proofs that there are two trends that can inspire Saburouta.

- HaruMatsu was a great source of inspiration for these extra stories
- In Mei/Yuzu relationship, the different authors clearly prefer a less passive, icy, shy Mei with the hope for Yuzu to be a little spoiled by her significant other. Kodama and co clearly want Yuzu to at last be loved more explicitly. Somewhere, they perfectly understood readers' wishes with the progression of the main story.

And, last but not least, no guy or other fiance's references.
>>
>>2483531
Ah crap, sorry I misread. I see what you mean now.
>>
Maybe the next story will be the body switching one. That would be fun.
>>
>>2483534
the rest of the stories will probably be a little delayed since we had NTR 25 translated as well and we kind of worn out our translators for this month, so please be patient.
>>
>>2483538
Yes, they did a great job and they need some rest. Because the next time, your team will have My Unrequited love back as a chapter. After NTR chapter 25, you could do a break before YuriHime release in mid-December.

We have been spoiled with the anthology, the rest can wait for a little.
>>
>>2482797
She is disliked because she is not expressing naturalness. She is indeed badly written. She is not developing at all
and Yuzu also seems to stay the same. They are all rigid, and this is getting boring because the repetitiveness is becoming obvious. Also the "cliffhangers" are nothing new. They are repeating.
I hope the author will do something about this issue, otherwise this manga will be a loss.
>>
>>2483578
I think Yuzu’s development is fine, but she has much more potential.I guess Mei is the biggest problem now, her personality is pure plot device.

I like Mei, but after 35 chapters i think she needs to open up already. Her personality is getting annoying as fuck.
>>
>>2483583
I think saburouta is aware of that but her editor isn't.... Like she said in an interview, Mei's expressions and reactions are discussed and decided with her editor.
>>
>>2483589
Her editor is obviously an idiot. But that's nothing new from YH.

On a serious note, yeah, she's been a piece of wood for most of the story, never voicing anything, never confronted anything, never doing anything of her own will.
>>
>>2483591
I think this time we're in for a big surprise from Mei, just a feeling
>>
>>2483578
>>2483583
What's Mei's personality when she's not being cold or mysterious beauty? Unfortunately she can often come across as emotionally stunted and child-like. Like when she hugs her bears when she's upset, when she talked to what she thought was her bear when half asleep, or when she was completely lost on what to do on a date. It's like she's a child that needs constant guidance and mimics others because she doesn't know how to behave.
>>
>>2483599
I hope, because yeah, the last two volumes are lost time. Mei was beginning to open up in volume 6 and after that, we just had a huge huge step back, the worst being clearly volume 8.
Yeah, eye candy with Mei in jeans and bigger boobs, but zero development except for plenty of sighs anytime the reader feels she's going to voice out her thoughts and ... nope, nothing. No share onsen, no real couple moment except the end where Mei was more a frightened little thing than a very satisfied lover under Yuzu's affection.

I think it speaks volumes how people seem a little indifferent now to what will happen in this arc, preferring another ship than the main one and hoping that Yuzu live a healthy relationship with someone else.

>>2483583
I agree, Yuzu made a huge progress and had a badass way of living freely her love. After the volume 6 doubts and some issues because of Mei's mixed signals, she was a real assertive and raw beauty. But yeah, the problem is Yuzu is too Mei's centered, Mei is like a black hole who doesn't give Yuzu the occasion to show a full potential. So, if Mei doesn't let down her walls in this volume, that will be a loss for the manga. I don't want Yuzu to be like Don Quichotte during 4 more volume, chasing an ideal lover Mei cannot incarnate.
>>
>>2483603
Yeah, she mimics others... she mimicked Nene's words about Yuzu as a kind of confession of admiration to step back just after that. She needed the words of a first-year high schooler who just met Yuzu to voice out what she admires in Yuzu.
>>
I think Mei at the beginning was easier for saburouta to control, she was aggressive, cold and took sexual advantages on yuzu, which were never properly explained. I guess she took everything as a game between yuzu and her at the beginning since yuzu was making moves on Mei too. Anyhow, I think Mei has a slow character development now but it's the little things in her expressions that matter, like the way she looks at yuzu now. Clearly she's not good in expressing her emotions unlike yuzu who is like a storm.
>>
>>2483626
She could write Yuzu some poetry if she cannot tell her face to face. She could give Yuzu a piece of paper with her name, Yuzu would be conquered.

Anyway, the stern facade has to melt. But, as some anons suggested, i am not so confident with what Saburoutz's editor has in mind.

They want to milk the cow, so i cross my finger to have a huge quicker pace in the next two chapters but i am pessimistic since the release of chapter 33 unfinished. Ten pages missing if we compare with the usual length, it is a good amount of story development cut.
>>
>>2483603
The way she acts is bad. Not the story. It is not about the story, the context (even if we know the drama is predictable, and it will have a happy ending), it is about the characters and how they interact throughout it. That's why is boring. It is clear as day that they don't know what to do with the "aloof" "cool" "composed" personality.
I am not enjoying it. And if just as a reader, not a critic, you are not enjoying it, then the author can know for sure that she/he has done a VERY bad job somewhere.

She can't behave? Okay. But do a good job on her being unable to know what the fuck to do everytime.
Everything can be made interesting, but the author doesn't know how.
>>
will you all stop your whining and feast your eyes on this?
>>
>>2483849
Pin'up poster from Megami magazine.
The bath scene?
>>
Like NTR, we see some steam on the most interesting parts.
>>
>>2483583
All what Yuzu is doing is putting Mei against the wall aggresively, and rejecting Mei's opinion when she finally wants to say something.

I get Yuzu is more open know and acts "accordingly", but she repeats itself. She is not having an unpredictable behaviour.
The spontaneity is missing.
Also there is a huge difference between the "old" Yuzu and the "new" one.
She is being developed... But she is developing into a different personality.
>>
Talking about the 2nd PV. Card Captor Sakura's one was released for a premiere the 7th of January. So, if we are supposed to have another PV for Citrus, it could be this next week after the preview this weekend. 2nd PVs are coming now for the winter season.
>>
>>2483857
I don’t think there’s a huge difference between the old Yuzu and new Yuzu. She just doesn’t need to go around fixing Mei’s problems all the time.

Also, old Yuzu was always insecure about her relationship with Mei. I like the way Yuzu is acting now. Well, it’s just my opinion.

In the 17th we’ll get the new chapter, let’s hope things get better.
>>
>>2483882
The actual Yuzu is fine, people should stop to defend Mei by telling Yuzu is too aggressive now. Mei lied many times about what she desired, she denied her feelings, like the joke about sharing a bed. Yuzu saw through that and try to help Mei to voice out her feelings. She made her choice now and is in peace with it. She is not afraid or ashamed. Mei has not reached this level yet.

And i can understand why Yuzu stopped Mei about telling the fiance thing. unlike us, she doesn't know that. She refuses the idea that Mei feels forced to confess without really wanting it. But, as there is a need for drama, of course, she deprived herself of the truth.

Maybe the next chapter is shaped to at last make Mei fix the situation alone for the first time. The fact that Yuzu is not aware of the truth could be a way to give more responsibility to Mei. If yuzu had learned the truth at the end of the trip, she would have acted and bulldozed things. But, Mei would have been just a follower, once again.

Yuzu would be able to confront the grandfather without second-guessing herself, been there, done that. But Mei never stood for herself. So that's just my feeling about all these postponed confessions and revelations.
>>
>>2483854
Welcome to anime made for TV.
>>
>>2483853
Pin ups aren't always in the show. They can just be random scenes that don't appear, like they do this same thing for het shows with the girls.
>>
>>2483931
Yes, i saw some pinup from other animes, including NTR, Princess Principal and so on. Just a little eye-candy here but it won't be in the anime. Is it I of Yuzu has more boobs here than in the manga and the anime design where she is very slim?
>>
>>2483857
>rejecting Mei's opinion when she finally wants to say something.
That's how Saburouta is creating the drama this arc. By having Yuzu misunderstand what Mei was going to say and try to be nice and not force a love confession out of Mei before she's ready.
>>
>>2483869
Oddly Citrus has been doing things before most other winter shows, but is either holding its second PV back or might not have one. Citrus was one of the first shows announced for winter season and one of the first shows to announce its airing schedule.

It has 2 advanced screenings of the first episode(s). One on December 3rd and one on December 23rd. The fact they're having a second early screening makes me think they might do it instead of a second PV.
>>
>>2483937
Exactly. I am like Yuzu. No thanks for a forced love confession. Yuzu has really nothing to be blamed about.

But i really feel that the last two chapters paled in comparison of Bloom into You. The way the characters sorts out their feelings was so much better done. A great writing lesson for Saburouta.

And i feel that she didn't do what she had in mind at first with this trip. The chapter 28 was very misleading, promising the greatest summer memories for Yuzu and Mei's young years. The subtitle was so appealing: "a summer you and i cannot forget". I wonder if she wanted Mei to confess here as an ending and her editor, who tells her how to write Mei could have asked more wooden Mei to add one volume or two.

I was so disappointed by this volume, we had nothing unforgettable for the main couple and the engagement drama put in the middle.

That smells editor's pressure to milk the story and adding plot twists.
>>
File: 2.jpg (511 KB, 2000x1436)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
>>2483948
Chapter 29*
The color page created so much wait to end with something bland.
>>
I hope they announce how many episodes the series will be. It could end up having an odd number, like only 11 or 8 episodes. Though hopefully it's the standard 12. Its timeslot at least revealed it would be full length episodes.
>>
>>2476762
>Tsuda Minami
picked the fuck up
>>
>>2483968
same reason here mate
>>
>>2483968
>>2484042
Is it really worth it to watch a series for a VA, even if it is one of the leads?
>>
>>2484046
She voices several of my favorite characters, including my waifu. I'm always up to watch a show if she plays even a supporting role.
>>
>>2483948
>Comparing Citrus and Yagakimi
Really? You shouldn't have high standars or expectations for Citrus, imo Citrus is more like a guilty pleasure. I feel its main problem is when the drama isn't well developed, which has happened plenty of times. SU needs to address this, because it afects characters' interactions with each other and the plot overall.
>>
>>2484061
I know, i don't ask Citrus to have this kind of subtility Yakagmi brings, but yeah, a well-written drama is better. Saburouta uses too much of the same cliffhangers and trolling.
>>
CT post on dynasty said that chapter 20 is delayed while they work on the anthology. It's halfway through translation currently.
>>
>>2482797
Mei and Touko have absolutely nothing in common besides the shallow aspects of their characters (looks, student council president, perfect grades). Their personalities are completely different and the nature of their problems too. But I do agree that Mei has been poorly written compared to Touko. We know Mei must have some kind of problem, otherwise why is she so autistic and inexpressive even with her gf? It has been implied it's because of daddy issues (some readers even implied abuse), but the matter hasn't been addressed properly and it sucks because we almost don't know anything about Mei's past, her personality and so on. I think SU really needs to work on Mei's character because she's getting annoying to some readers. At this point revealing Mei has aspergers and showing an arc about Mei going to therapy and Yuzu supporting would be more interesting and logical than this fiance bullshit.
>>
>>2484077
It will turn into a comedy if that will happen.
The story will turn out to be more pathetic than it currently is and saburouta would show no sign of creativity at all.
>>
>>2484166
>At this point revealing Mei has aspergers and showing an arc about Mei going to therapy and Yuzu supporting would be more interesting and logical than this fiance bullshit.

Rain Mei?

Frankly, all depends on the chapter 35 outcome. Quick resolution with a proactive Mei that says she wants to choose her partner or ... more plot devices thrown in the middle.
>>
>>2484166
>>2484172
Does Japan even care about that kind of stuff? As much as we call characters autistic or we see lots of autism in Japanese media I never ever ever hear things like that brought up in anime, manga or tv/movies.

It would be interesting but I dunno if a manga or anime would ever tackle it like this. I'm still surprised Read or Die tackled brain damage the way they did with Nancy.
>>
Mei's problems seemed to stem from her relationships with her father and grandfather. However those things were mended by the end of volume 2. And while Mei might be a bit sheltered, something like her being unable to use Matsuri's phone or unable to function without a step by step plan for a date seem a bit much. It's like Saburouta went out of her way to make Mei as stunted as possible. And there really doesn't seem to be any realistic reason from Mei's backstory. The other girl's at the academy are sheltered too, but Mei just seems really unable to grasp even basic interactions at points in the story.
>>
>>2484368
I think it's related to Saburouta main flaws and weak points. Great art, a great way to draw subtle feelings in her character's eyes, good sense of comedic relief (even Mei is better in these light moments like in some extra) but she has a real chronical difficulty to shape realistic and complex characters. Yuzu is easy for her, she always said that Yuzu was her alter ego, Matsuri probably too since the author likes to draw wild, colorful and witty characters. Harumi is probably the best-written character out there.

But Saburouta's narrative talent stops here, she hasn't a great range of characters' behavior she can master and tend to repeat the same plots which can become a loss for the manga if she keeps on postponing real progression in the character's interactions and forget some great arcs ideas that could revivify the manga (the sport festival one for example). The fact that we have arc is bad, 4 chapters each time to end a plot and going back to square one because well, "i have to end this arc with a cliffhanger". Too predictable now.

And frankly, if her editor helps her to give consistency to Mei, she does a very bad job too. But i stay true to my first impressions, Saburouta has not the final cut on the story anymore. Mei is more interesting in bonus chapters... as if, in the main story, the author wasn't free to do what she wants and had to go along with this overused trope of the stunted and asocial beauty Mei incarnate too much now.
>>
File: santa citrus.jpg (236 KB, 852x960)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>
Pretty terrible artwork in several ways. Looking at some third person is always shit for supposed yuri, they should be looking at each other. Even beyond that though, as far as I can remember their bathroom is nothing like this. Also, Mei's legs, what.
>>
>>2484483
I don't want to sound like an essjaydoubleyoo but I don't like when they are put on display in positions like this. Looking back at the camera is a bad decision. They should be in intimate situations and positions while focused on one another, not performing for others, if you understand my meaning.

That's probably the gayest shit i've ever said.
>>
Thanks for the complete picture. Indeed, my eyes are bleeding with all these purple and pink tones. Mei's position is strange and the background isn't their real bathroom.
>>
>>2484489
It kinda bothers me that Mei has purple eyes. I always pictured her with dark eyes, like super dark brown or black like my ex.
>>
File: indigo.jpg (55 KB, 462x488)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2484490
Aihara = indigo field so maybe a link. But the color covers didn't always show her purple eyes. Not always consistent, like in chapter 9 one, where her eyes are just darker.
>>
>>2484483
Hey Anon-kun sorry for using your bathroom, please join us in a yuri promoting poster for a yuri anime based on yuri manga.

YuruYuri had better posters for Yuri Goddess sake.
>>
>>2484483
Horrible
>>
>>2484336
Things like that are brought up, but not autism. That would be too mild.
It is cancer or something close to it.
Plenty of movies tackle that, and they just show lack of inspiration.
>>
>>2484483
Oh god those legs are like some kind of surrealist nightmare. Why is Yuzu's knee so far down the tub? Why is it arranged so it looks like it connects with Mei's leg? Why is said leg very obviously not following the line of her body but sticking out randomly to the side?
>>
>>2484543
There are so much better amateur's fanarts, why did they even tried to do that when they cannot compare with the author's style.

At least, Mei could be a contortionist if she doesn't rule the school.
>>
>>2484483
To be fair, Citrus has always been somewhat trashy with it artwork. Think pretty much every single volume cover has consisted of them staring lustingly at the audience.
>>
>>2484483
>Pretty terrible artwork in several ways. Looking at some third person is always shit for supposed yuri, they should be looking at each other. Even beyond that though, as far as I can remember their bathroom is nothing like this. Also, Mei's legs, what.

Has it usually been yuri posters that has these "3rd person voyeurism" or has BL have the same?
>>
>>2484554
They are cringy except one or two. There was one with one character and a banana hiding something lewd. Well, this pin-up posters are shit especially when picturing characters from serious or dramatic anime. The Princess Principal wasn't bad, very classy. Too bad Citrus one is a total garbage.
>>
>>2484483
This makes me somewhat worried about the anime's quality. Artist fails at basic anatomy positioning.
>>
>>2484664
Does these pin-up posters are done by the design team of the animes? Not so sure.
>>
>>2484664
Also the colours are horrible.

Why make an anime if you don't have the money to make it good? You are just ruining the image of this manga, you are not promoting it.
>>
>>2484774
Look at what they did with NTR. Rushed through the entire story because they couldn't be bothered to pay for longer episodes, gave it to a studio who doesn't like yuri, and gave it a rushed ending.

Admittedly, Citrus' staff seems much better by comparison, but if they cut corners to save money, then it might not turn out as good as it could've.
>>
I'm half expecting the anime will cheap out and only have 8 episodes. Then it will end with Yuzu and Mei becoming a couple. And then they can have an advertisement at the end of the anime that says "if you want to see what happens now that these 2 are finally together, read the manga!"
>>
>>2484794
I doubt it, Infinitedayo never produced anything other than 12/13 episodes of 22/23 minutes length animes, a good amount being P.A. Works's series.

This poster is nothing more than a bad version from a very mediocre drawer, the Animagataris one or dies Irae poster are as bad as this one, but these two animes are rather good.
>>
>>2484483
Holy shit that looks so bad.
>>
>>2484816
They did the animated short for Planet:Valkyrie.
>>
Reminder that the early screening of the first episode or 2 is tomorrow. People who can read Japanese might want to check out Japanese forums around then to see what people are saying about it.
>>
>>2484836
I hope is wont suck like NTR
>>
>>2484864
It might turn out okay. But I wouldn't go in with very high expectations given that this is obviously a low budget production. It could end more uninspired and drab than bad.
>>
>>2484483
It's almost tragic. I don't know who those girls are. But that sure as shit isn't even in the ballpark of our MeiMei, yikes dude. If I was Saburouta I'd have shredded the studio's contract on the first sight of this trainwreck.
>>
>>2484832
I thought it was confirmed its full eps...
>>
>>2485047
It is. TV programs in Japan show that we will have full lenght episodes.
>>
>>2485024
>If I was Saburouta I'd have shredded the studio's contract on the first sight of this trainwreck.
Because a yuri niche mangaka can't afford that, for her this is a blessing even if it will be completely mess in art direction or sales, not many mangaka can add to their resume their work got animated.
>>
>>2485073
Indeed. The worst the anime can do is that not earning new readers for the manga. So not really a big drawback.

I would be more afraid of the narrative quality of the manga and the capacity, for the author, to write her story with a better-shaped plot. That's the real challenge for me if we want Citrus ending well story wise.

The anime is nothing more an additional promotion material. Citrus is very niche, i never found on 2chan any thread on it for example.
>>
>>2485122
Have you found threads about any yuri work?
>>
>>2485154
Mainly Marimite and other oldies. I wonder where is a good Japanese forum with on actual and recent yuri mangas.
>>
>Venue: 18:10 / concert 18:30
The screening event starts in less than 4 hours.
>>
>>2485826
Who the fck is enthusiastic about the anime? It clearly will be shit. Even the manga is still shitty.
>>
>>2485924
If you don't like Citrus, go in another thread. What the purpose being there if the manga is not your cup of tea. I don't like NTR, i don't go shiting on it.
>>
>>2485956
I like to keep my opinions short, maybe this is the problem.

I just dont understand the enthusiasm.
I didn't say I don't like the manga. I said the manga is still in a deplorable stage and having high hopes for the anime is very naive.
>>
>>2485962
Fair point. I was disappointed by volume 8 myself, it intended to be the acme of their relationship, maybe the first volume where they would really progress and some memorable moments with all the gang reunited... and it was short-lived.

I wouldn't say the manga is shitty, volume 6 and chapter 28 were good and show progression. For the anime, sadly, i don't have any hope, i just think it will be ok nothing more, a kind of 6/10 or 6,5/10.
>>
File: DQHioW7V4AA7aRJ.jpg (259 KB, 900x1200)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
New visual from the pre-screening. First reactions on twitter, but people talk about the chat after it, not the episodes yet.
>>
Well, it seems we will have only 5 volumes adapted. Probably 11 episodes. And the ending: they are a couple, let's read the next volumes to know what happens for the new readers.
>>
>>2486004
From the last tweet i read, colors and drawing were beautiful, adaptation was satisfying without any precision.
>>
>>2486011
sounds like good news to me
>>
>>2486012
Three other tweets from 3 different watchers mention that the animation is ok. Everyone is happy to see Yuzu and Mei animated. We knew it wouldn't be a masterpiece, but at least, i didn't read any backlash or disappointed comment yet.
>>
>>2486008
>Probably 11 episodes.
Why 11?
>>
>>2486004
horrible. look at their faces. i still wonder why make a low budget anime of your own beautifully drew work?

yeah, the drawing is ok. but just ok. i would've understand if also the manga was drew "ok" , but that is not the case.
i can't not point out the sign of indifference the author is having.
>>
>>2486004
Looks nice to me.

>>2486013
Thank goodness. I didn't have low expectations but I was trying to be cautious with my hype. Sounds alright though.
>>
File: DQHyl6FVQAEYsPX.jpg (269 KB, 1200x714)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Drawing from Saburouta from the event where she was present at. A little flashback when there was (sexual) tension between the two sisters.
>>
>>2486037
I think that people didn't have any expectations too. So they seem to go along with it, it is fine and cannot compare with the original art, but it was clearly expected. They are cool with the final product that's all. No drama among Japanese fans, just here it seems.
>>
From what i understand.
- Matsuri's VA was here for the second episode.
- 2nd episode = bathroom scene. It is chapter 2 in the manga. So we can assume we'll have volume 1-4 adapted i think.
Matsuri is considered as a MC.
>>
>>2486039
Man, rereading those chapters is always nice. I loved the tension when Yuzu was starting to realize she was a lesbian.
>>
>>2486004
I hate this art!
>>
I hope for a 2nd PV soon
>>
>citrus先行上映会とても良かった!!原作の綺麗な絵をどれくらい壊さずにいけるのか気になっていたけれど、アニメの絵も綺麗で良かった!! 内容も1話から全力って感じですごく良かった!Blu-ray、湯気が消えなくても全巻買います!!!

A very positive comment. Animation and picture beautiful, the comment adds that the person was afraid the anime would break the quality of the original work that it seems not. I'll stop here, i'll go check other reactions later. The tweet mentions the steam (bathroom scene) and hopes it will disappear with the Blue-Ray version.

So all reactions are fairly positive even though among people who were disappointed by the PV and told it.
>>
>>2486061
>The tweet mentions the steam (bathroom scene) and hopes it will disappear with the Blue-Ray version.
No, they're saying they will buy all the volumes even though the steam won't disappear. It's a reference to Mei's seiyuu saying the steam won't be gone on the BDs.
>>
>>2486064
Ah my bad, expressed myself in the wrong way. Indeed, the person will buy it even though the steam doesn't disappear. It was erased in the NTR Blu-Ray version, but Citrus isn't NTR, so it is better like that.
>>
>>2486064
So no bare asses?
>>
>>2486081
>citrusの先行試写会に行ってきた 百合百合してて押し倒しからのDキス お風呂での?ドンからの首舐めがエロかった 映像は綺麗で今後の二人の関係が気になった トークショーも良かった

Here a description of the bath scene, it seems to have been erotic (licking neck mention) but not lewd.
>>
>>2486088
I'll take erotic neck licking
>>
I'm curious now,where they any reactions for NTR when it first aired too? were they any good?
>>
>>2486103
Don't remember. But i wasn't curious to know anything about it. Citrus is aTwitter trend (12th last i checked 2 hours ago), so people talk about it a little more than i would have expected.

People who compare with the PV find the episodes better, watching it in a complete story of 22 minutes seem to give more justice to the manga than a one minute PV. So people here who didn't like the PV can have a little hope because some Japanese watchers had the same feeling at first and were positively surprised.
>>
>>2486115
that's good to hear,I was pretty anxious myself and now I can't wait for the anime!
>>
>>2485270
2chan's yuri board is fucking dead, no one posts anything there except marimite memes. Yuri fans talk about yuri in the anime/manga board, go lurk in there to see if there's anything about Citrus anime or just any other yuri
>>
>>2486121
Ah good to know, i tried to take a look but never find a Citrus related thread, just a yuri one where Citrus wasn't really in the comments. I fairly assume that it is still a niche yuri (almost a pleonasm) among manga boards too.
>>
2ch is dead, it's 5ch now. And the reason why 5ch's yuri boards are dead is because trolls drove everyone out. Check the refugee board instead:

http://refugee-chan.mobi/pinkrefugee/
>>
>>2486008
They might be holding back promo material as to not spoil the anime's ending. 4 volumes would equate to 8 episodes, which so far are the only characters they've shown. The only way it could end up as 12 episodes and end at volume 4 is if they do an anime original arc or 2.
>>
>>2486021
This is how anime adaptations usually work when the manga's style is elaborate. It's not unusual at all.
>>
>>2486050
What? Matsuri didn't appear until chapter 8 in the manga and you're telling me she shows up in the equivalent of chapter 2 in the anime?

And if the bath scene is really in episode 2, then it seems like they'll drag the arcs out with anime filler and story changes to make volume 4 be the finale most likely.
>>
>>2486088
Anime only viewers will be so disappointed when things don't advance in a physical sense.
>>
>>2486146
No no Matsuri doesn't appear, her VA (not the character) was among those present during the chat after the screening. 5 VA were here : Yuzu, Mei, Harumi, Matsuri and Himeko's one. She came during the second episode.

Concerning the bathroom scene, it is not clear if it is in the first or the second, so let's not assume anything about it.
>>
>>2486161
It mentioned neck licking, which would be https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch02#10

If that's in the second episode, then that means it's being dragged out.
>>
I have a guess how it'll play out. Episode 1 ends with the kiss and Yuzu freaking out. Episode 2 will end with Yuzu getting the engagement cancelled by her speech on stage. Episode 3 will be the grandfather issue. Volume 1 in 3 episodes, which combined with the cast they've shown off likely means all arcs will be 3 episodes, thus ending with volume 4.
>>
By the way, the poster some people use to say volume 5 will be adapted because Nene was on it, that poster wasn't tied to the anime at all. It was just one of many promo posters for the manga that was produced. The anime was being advertised at the event it was shown at, but the poster wasn't linked to that.
>>
>>2486169
We can fairly assume now that the first 4 volume will be adapted and last episode will have Yuzu's confession and them begining dating.
3 episode per volume seems probable indeed. At least, it will not be rushed and we could have some extra scene inspired from bonus chapters.

The mystery is about the last episode. Yuzu's only confession or some additional and original reactions from Mei showing more clearly that she reciprocates.
>>
>>2486173
The volume 4 bonus chapter was volume 4's epilogue. Which I think would be a bad stopping point, since Mei only held Yuzu's hand as a favor to Sara, which isn't exactly the most romantic ending. It could also leave off on the cliffhanger about Harumin's sister.

I don't see anything happening that would be later contradicted by existing manga chapters. They'll want anime watchers to resume the story from the following arc and continue on with the story. So Mei might warm up a bit, but not too much.
>>
>>2486126
Could you tell me which mangas were mentioned in the yuri thread you saw?
>>
The volume bonus chapters will most likely be adapted. Yuzu gave Mei the bear Mei later kisses Yuzu with in a bonus chapter. And some of Himeko's character development, like threatening to break Yuzu's face if she ever hurts Mei happens in a bonus chapter too. Not to mention the fact that Matsuri seems to move on into being interested in Harumin is a bonus chapter as well. Adding in those things makes it easy to see how the arcs could each be 3 episodes.
>>
>>2486180
From memory, Asagao to Kase-san and Yuru Yuri, i didn't even find something on Bloom into You which is the most popular Yuri in Japan. So 2chan is not the good board to find something.
>>
>>2486139
I can not believe that. I wouldn't accept that if i was the creator. It surely has something to do with the studio, the money you put in. There are so many animes with such good graphics and careful attention to details.
I can only say it has to do with some degree of indifference from the creator.
>>
There will be a radio show as well

https://twitter.com/onsenradio/status/937275671696457730
>>
>>2486258
Given the type of niche manga Citrus is it's obviously a budget production. However, even if it wasn't, trying to translate its level of detail into an anime that is produced frame by frame would be very difficult. In fact, Horizon season 3 might not even happen, since adapting what happens in its third volume could be too expensive to produce in an anime.
>>
>>2486260
It says it starts January 7th, so the day after the anime airs.
>>
>>2486258
You're just being an idiot, whereas mangaka are realistic about how drawing and animation work.
>>
File: StaffThankYou.png (402 KB, 579x607)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
The anime staff would like to thank fans who attended the early screening of episodes 1 and 2. And they're looking forward to its January 6th air date.
>>
If people aren't sure what point episode 2 ended at, why not ask some people on social media who attended the screening?
>>
>>2486271
What happened to the other leg?
>>
>>2486274
Because in Japan, it is considered as impolite. Furthermore, if you don't know the account personally.
>>
>>2486287
So then it'll take until episode 1 officially airs to get an idea of the pace. But given that no hint past volume 4 is ever shown in any info and all promo posters only have up to volume 4's cast, it will most likely stop at the end of volume 4.
>>
>>2486269
i'm just not shallow.
>>
>>2486302
Complaining that the anime looks horrible because it's not pretty enough for you comes across as pretty shallow.
>>
Looks like the anime will end up as an extended teaser for the manga. They'll show up until they become a couple, then will expect interested anime watchers to just pick up with volume 5 of the manga.
>>
>>2486294
>Because in Japan, it is considered as impolite

Yea, because Japan never leaks or uploads things
>>
>>2486127
What it's 5ch now? Trolls driving everyone out, any other boards affected aswell? well I thought 2ch culture couldn't get much worse
>>
>>2486386
That's not the same thing. Asking directly to someone on twitter, hence being a westerner, would meet no answer. It is not like being on a board but you can try asking if you want. You'll be blocked.
>>
>>2486127
Real Inuyashiki spoilers but when the murderer started tracking down people from 2ch and killing them for trolling about his moms suicide was so satisfying for some reason.
>>
The 2 arcs I'm worried about how the anime will adapt are volumes 3 and 4. Mei's VA already confirmed that censor steam in volume 1's adaptation will stay in the BD release. And given that the anime is made for TV, they may tone down the schoolgirl prostitution angle from volume 3. As for volume 4, if it's really going to be the anime's finale, they might change some things in it to make it a better stopping point.
>>
>the rest of the CITRUS ANTHOLOGY stories will be finally done (currently on translation) so you can read the whole anthology! all of this thanks to the collaboration of 5 translators ( 3 of our own NTS,NAOTO and MEGUMIN) and 2 translators from TFO SCANS (ARASHURA and HAKIMIRU) . A big thank you to all of them! plus you can read the TFO SCANS work here (mostly MADOKA doujins) :https://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/tfo_scans

Thanks so much guys!
>>
>>2487320
what does TFO scans has to do with CT? either way a big thank you to all of them!
>>
>>2487324
2 of TFO's translators helped work on the Citrus anthology.
>>
>>2487329
God bless them!
>>
>>2486809
It feels like the Citrus anime will end somewhat limp if it ends with the twins arc especially comparing the rollercoaster ride of Matsuri's arc

Hopefully the anime punches that arc up a bit
>>
>>2487361
Considering that volume 4 was when Yuzu and Mei finally started dating, it didn't ever feel as epic as I hoped the confession arc would. The confession was amazing, but it just could've been so much more leading up to that.
>>
>>2487361
I've been wondering why Matsuri was announced among with main cast when her arc shouldn't last any longer than the twins arc. The twins VAs got announced alongside Mei's dad's and Yuzu's mom's VAs. It might mean nothing, but it might mean volume 4 could be retooled to focus more on Yuzu and Mei and less on the twins. Basically, the twins could be demoted to side characters in that arc.
>>
>>2487370
Probably some bonus chapter including the one with her and Harumi will be adapted. Or the arc 3 will be extended. The time skip between volume 3 and 4 when Mei and Yuzu didn't speak to each other could be covered as a way to better explain Mei behavior during the trip.
>>
>>2487636
Matsuri wasn't really around for that much. She had a short visit with Yuzu in February while they were still fighting but that was it. She doesn't show up again until volume 5 bonus chapter when she learns they made up.
>>
Just a link from a thread on Citrus for anons who read a little Japanese.

http://itest.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/comic/1512452680/l50

I didn't understand many things but from what i caught, they talk about the chapter 33 and its unfinished state. They assume Saburouta is known to be very professional and quality conscious so they blame the editor and the magazine for what happened. So in Japan, it seems Yuri Hime edition policy is also seen as a very bad way to respect mangakas and indeed, they pressure Saburouta and other authors. They mention the fact that the author doesn't talk a lot about twitter so her comments are somewhat controlled.

They also talk about the fiance thing but i missed some meaning on that.
If someone more familiar can add some info, that would be nice.
>>
>>2487734
Sounds like someone else thinks the anime will only go until volume 4.

>According to the story, it seems almost definite until school excursion

話によると修学旅行まではほぼ確定らしいっすよ つまり「おかわり」が見れる
今からソワソワしてるよ
新規にもマジでおすすめの一本になりそうですわ
>>
>>2487734
Someone isn't too happy with Matsuri's voice actress for the anime being different from her VA in the drama CD.
>>
>>2487734
>However, it is really nice to start animation with the first new year, but the current stupid of this journal is very painful for my stomach
しかし、新年一発目でアニメが始まるのは本当に嬉しいことだけど、本誌の今のくだりが非常に胃が痛いね
Is he saying the current arc in the manga is retarded?
>>
>>2487734
今更ながらコミック8巻後書きをまともに読んだけど
”いよいよ大きな山場へ”とか”ここまで描けたことが〜”とか”皆様に感謝しつつ描ききりたい”とか
この問題が収束したら終わります感漂ってて本誌の流れと共にそっちも不安だ
I'm not sure but this person sounds like they hope the manga ends soon when this arc is resolved, because they feel like it's just been dragging on.
>>
>>2487989
From what i understand about the actual arc, i read two different reactions.
Some readers talk about the engagement as being expected and think well that Mei has to choose between honoring her family or her love. nothing very different from westerner point of view.

But other reactions are disappointed with the fact the Yuri Hime works, and Citrus here, need once again a man presence (the fiance) to make the relationship progressing and advancing. Readers would have preferred that Mei and Yuzu's relationship progresses itself, without exterior forces like this engagement. From what i assume, they would have preferred Mei chooses naturally Yuzu without being under this Damocles sword she has above her head.

So yeah, people are not as angry than us about the fiance trope being brought in the middle, but, the actual is not considered as a great move. From what i understood too, people would like the story being back at school and more focused on the two girls.
>>
>>2487995
>more focused on the two girls
Funny when Saburouta has been going out of her way the last few volumes with developing the side characters and potentially planning to launch at least 2 more pairings.
>>
>>2487991
Indeed. Volume 7 was disappointing among Japanese readers because Shiraho ate panel time and the main couple didn't progress much. And volume 8/volume 9 disappointed because another plot device is thrown.
Like us, people would have liked an explicit confession from Mei sooner, in volume 7 to continue on volume 6's dynamic.

I think they blame the magazine to milk the story.
>>
>>2488002
>I think they blame the magazine to milk the story.
This is the double-edged sword that happens when something sells well. Now to keep the story moving slowly Saburouta might do things like have side of the side characters get arcs focused more on them again.
>>
>>2487734

Someone mentions the possibility the actual arc will end in volume 10. They are waiting for some complications between Mei and Matsuri before that.
>>
>>2488007
Matsuri was already shown to have given up the last chapter. The arc seems more about pushing Harumin into paying attention to Matsuri.
>>
>complaining about things getting dragged at this point
Uhh... Yuzu and Mei could have started dating as early as volume 2, yet they haven't because of drama and other reasons.

We'll keep getting drama and other reasons for as long as Saburouta wants to keep writing this.

Though I agree I expected more developments, I highly enjoyed having 2 volumes without drama, with only nice things happening.

I mean, if things went like Yuzu and Mei meet > They fall in love > They get together > The End, the story would be shit. In my opinion, it's all that happens between those main developments what actually fleshes out the story, and be it through drama or nice moments, that's what made Citrus so likeable.
>>
>>2488011
It's because they think not many major relationship developments have happened since volume 6. And they wanted Mei to choose Yuzu without an outside force forcing her into making the decision.
>>
>>2488015
Mei has been building a relationship with Yuzu for 8 volumes.
She hasn't been forced to "choose" Yuzu by anyone. She's got close to Yuzu out of her own volition. Sure, some people have given her some small pushes, but those were encouragement she needed to step forward in a direction she wanted.
>>
>>2488016
>She's got close to Yuzu out of her own volition.
She rejected Yuzu until Matsuri showed up and Mei got jealous of her.

And then Sara basically tricked Mei into meeting up with Yuzu so that she'd hear Yuzu's confession out. Those are more than small pushes.
>>
File: citrus_ch08_30[1].png (595 KB, 1101x1600)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>2488018
This happened right before Matsuri showed up. So, despite her reluctance to give herself to her feelings, it's clear beyond any doubt Mei had feelings for Yuzu and that given the right conditions she could act on them.

Matsuri's appearance didn't push Mei in any particular direction, as you could see what happened during the end of volume 3 and how badly things ended up.

Sara's action did push Mei in the right direction, but that only worked because Mei really wanted to go in that direction but she was being retarded.

Other than Sara, I don't recall a single other character who has given Mei a push. After volume 4 all of her development has been her own and/or fostered by Yuzu.
>>
>>2488023
In volume 7 she told Shiraho that it was because of her that she realized her feelings for Yuzu were love.
>>
The thing I'm most looking forward to in the anime is the Matsuri arc. I hope I can get some nice reaction pics from it. And if the volume 3 bonus chapter gets adapted then even better.
>>
>>2488025
Yes, but it was because of her conversation with Shiraho, not because Shiraho did it on purpose like Sara did.
>>
>>2488174
It just feels like Mei never makes important realizations or takes the proper action on her own.

Matsuri caused her to act on pursuing Yuzu after having previously rejected her.

Sara outright tricked Mei into meeting with Yuzu, because Mei refused to hear out Yuzu's confession.

Even after dating for months and trying to be physically more close to Yuzu earlier in the volume, Mei doesn't realize it was love she was feeling until talking with her stalker.
>>
>>2488176
I agree. I feel like Mei needs to have her back to the wall to act as she desires. Of course, she hasn't been forced to feel emotions she already had, but she always step back, that 's the main theme of chapter 31, when Yuzu think she needs to give a push to Mei because Mei is used to drawing back each time she let a little opening.

Mei always needs someone to help her clarify her conflicted feelings, same things with Nene. Yuzu's fan is able to voice out why she likes Yuzu, and Mei has to almost steal Nene's words to describe her affection for Yuzu. Same thing with Ume, it is when Ume explains to Mei her love for Shou that Mei links with her feelings for Yuzu.

Each time, there is a deus ex machina for Mei. So, the fiance is just another threat/push to force Mei to be proactive. It would be nice if she could be open without being pressured. If Matsuri haven't had gone nuclear in chapter 33, and Yuzu confessed her love once again, would Mei have tried to tell the truth at the beginning of chapter 34? I am not so sure.
>>
Honestly, I think the love interest being tricked into meeting with the MC would be a weak ending to the anime. Yes, Matusuri's arc was also pretty silly at times, but it was alot of fun and Mei was at her best there. Mei felt like she regressed character development in volume 4, which might be okay when it's an ongoing manga series, but really wouldn't be good as a grand finale to a series.
>>
>>2488176
That's because Mei Is socially retarded and seems to have low emotional intelligence.

She needs pointers to understand what she's supposed to do.

I mean, just think about that date she had with Yuzu and how she admitted she had no idea what to do without Yuzu's silly manual.
>>
>>2488201
I could understand Saburouta leaving room for Mei to improve on her social skills, but I think she went overboard when it came to how socially unaware Mei is.
>>
>>2488207
Well, Mei is clearly the prisoner of a trope or a meme now. The author went overboard with the socially awkward Mei, it was funny, like in volume 6 and a comedy device in some bonus or chapter's scenes, but now, Saburouta needs to give meat to Mei as a character, meat and bone because having a MC that irritates as much the reader as she is doing now is not a good move.

We are supposed to root for the main couple, not hoping that Yuzu finds someone who really deserves her or wanting another ship take the lead. When readers begin to prefer side couples to the main one, it smells bad for the story.
>>
In response to the talk about how Saburouta's editor might be effecting her story, I know someone who did some work with a Japanese editor.

They had strict and unrealistic deadlines. And the editor tried to change around things in the story they were writing. The editor also kept expanding the arcs, so it took longer the the arcs to resolve.
>>
I wonder if the anime will play up Harumin's bra storage. You know, have her pull out something comically large that shouldn't be able to fit in there.
>>
>>2488216
I really think that is the case with Saburouta. There are little details that show she was angry with the release of chapter 33 (she did a little hiatus in promoting Yuri Hime other products and mangakas the same month the chapter 33 was released). She clearly was pressured to give it.

And the ways the arc 8 was done. It was supposed to be a memorable trip with plenty of buddy moments and probably Mei's confession (let's take a look at the color cover of chapter 29, a great promise) and it ended in angst and no real complicity between Mei and Yuzu because Mei had to be the brooding one and had a terrible secret, probably an idea of her editor who has the hand on Mei's character if we take into account an interview the author did.

Let's remember Kubo Tite. Jump wanted to milk the story and tried to pressure him doing like Kishimoto, pursuing the story. Kubo rejected the idea and just send a middle finger to his editor by rushing Bleach's ending. Sadly, i think Saburouta is too nice and too deferential to revolt. I am not even sure Citrus ending will be the original one the author had in mind.
>>
>>2488219
I really hope executive meddling doesn't ruin Citrus.
>>
Some highlights of executive meddling.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ExecutiveMeddling/Anime

>Tite Kubo mentioned in an interview that he'd originally planned to continue the sequence of Urban Fantasy stories that the manga opens with and to further develop Ichigo's other classmates. However, Shueisha overruled this, ordering him to hurry up the schedule and introduce the Shinigami, so as to kickstart the Myth Arc.

>Kubo admitted that he had never planned for the Arrancar Arc to go on as long as it did. The Arrancars became unexpectedly popular with the fans, so the editors wanted each one to be given A Day in the Limelight. This meant that the arc stretched on for years longer than originally planned.

>When Bleach Hell Verse was released to DVD, it carried with it a message from Kubo explaining that crediting him with the film was inaccurate. The filmmakers rewrote the script he'd provided at the last minute, with the end product being almost nothing like the original.

>Elfen Lied: Nozomi didn't make it to the anime version because the director hated her.

>Shaman King: Hiroyuki Takei was told to rush the ending because the series' popularity was declining, leading to some questionable narrative choices and a Cliffhanger ending. Fan outcry on how it was handled led to Takei going back and fixing the rushed chapters.

>YuYu Hakusho: The manga was supposed to end with the climactic Chapter Black arc, but one last arc was created due to editorial request, and later ended prematurely by the author himself.
>>
>>2488239
Yes, very disturbing. The engagement, even though it was a little foreshadowed (in chapter 1 !), seems to has been added to artificially expand the story. Frankly, Himeko being engaged too was so out of the blue. During so many chapters, Mei's best friend see nothing and is suddenly worried about Mei during the trip and has a fiance since a good amount of time exchanging letters with him and at the same time being a kind of rival for Yuzu because she pins for Mei ... Sure. Of course. The arc 8/9 cries executive meddling. It was almost expected since the daily of volume 7 in may which showed that the author was already under pressure.

And if NTR meets its climax soon (it was in the preview), meaning its ending, Citrus will be milked all 2018 long.
>>
>>2488248
>Citrus will be milked all 2018 long.
I'm not too worried at the moment. Volume 10 should be the start of fall term. Perfect time for some school event or a new character to transfer in for some kind of new drama. Year One of Citrus in-universe is about to end, the start of fall term will be the start of Year Two.
>>
>>2488250
I should clarify that I mean a year has passed in-universe since the story started. I know that Yuzu's second year of high school started back in spring when Nene showed up at school in volume 5.
>>
Let's not forget that the new chief editor of Yuri Hime (she was just officially promoted) is Citrus and NTR editor.
>>
>>2488256
Was that before or after YH's new push of not allowing for volume release breaks for the authors?
>>
>>2488258
I think she officially was promoted for the November edition. She was already vice chief editor so ...
>>
>>2488266
>She was already vice chief editor so ...
She's probably a slave driver too. And Saburouta already told how her editor helps decide how Mei's character behaves.
>>
>>2488207
I think the idea is to make it so that she isn't perfect, because if you take her social retardation out of her character, she would be a boring perfect character.
>>
>>2488330
The problem is the degree to which this trait was applied. It's still a flaw even if she doesn't come across as completely socially retarded.
>>
I'm kind of hoping that Citrus does a school play arc. The twist is that Yuzu and Harumin's classmates mistakenly think that Harumin is Yuzu's lover due to Yuzu's speech in volume 5 mentioning both her friend and a lover, which their classmates mistakenly thought that Yuzu was talking about a single person. So they cast them as the leads in a play where they have to kiss. Mei is obviously displeased, but it'll finally resolve Matsuri's opinion about Harumin having a thing for Yuzu.
>>
Only about 4 weeks until Citrus anime airs.
>Ep 1 airing in 29d 23h 18m

https://anilist.co/anime/97832/citrus
>>
Looking at reviews of Rail Wars and other series it looks like Passione has done some lackluster anime adaptations of the source material.

>This story has no need for a deep, complex plot. That will turn off the viewer. [He sighs.] It needs to be predicable, it needs to have lots of typical cliches and fanservice, and it needs to have fillers. That's what this anime needs and there are four things that we must do: 1) add a idol episode, 2) make the girls wear lots of swimsuits and bath towels, 3) have the clothes of the girls torn, ripped or wet, and 4) have one nipple scene. With this set-up, everyone will tune in and watch this series.

>But, isn’t this series about trains, kick-ass action, and conspiracies?

> A cute girls show that is never quite sure what cute things they should be doing, Hinako Note feels unfocused whilst at the same time increasingly focusing on the characters bodies. The potential for a good cute girl show was there, but it really needed a redraft or more editorial oversight to achieve it.

> there is progressively more fan-service as the series goes on, particularly once it's revealed what a great body Hinako has. There are two or three of what might be charitably called dress-up episodes, with each one seeing characters striking progressively more risqué poses.
>>
>>2488736
>paying any attention to anime reviews in English
>>
>>2488739
They altered the source material to insert more anime cliches.
>>
how do you citrusfags deal with the fact that bloom into you exists, and that it is literally superior in every way to your shitty shoujo drudgefest
>>
>>2488817
More interesting yuri mangas, better is the world. Go shit on mangas that you don’t like in other threads poor retarded troll. You could at least give Bloom into You its japanese title if you were so well versed in quality yuri mangas.
>>
>>2488817
Onee-chan doesn’t know capital letters it seems. Try again.
>>
>>2488817
Normally I go to the threads of dragon ball super from /a/ and I come to /u/ sometimes and holy lord Jesus Christ, the fans of yagate kimi ni naru remind me of the gohanfags lol
>>
File: 1405055487612.jpg (17 KB, 298x308)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2488817
I am happy because I like both and a variety of yuri is good?
>>
New Interview with Saburota in Japanese

https://ddnavi.com/interview/421352/a/
>>
File: 11.png (424 KB, 449x713)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>2488817
>>
>>2489404
>Very popular overseas!

>Yuzu Aihara of Junjo Girl (Ayahara · Yuzu) × student council president of a black haired bitch · Ayahara gift (Aihara · Megu).

>When I recorded the drama CD of "citrus", I was deeply impressed that "Yuzu (cv. Taketa Aina) and sprout (cv. Tsuda Miyami) are speaking", but when I saw animation "Yuzu and I was impressed that the guts are moving! "

>Yuzu's best friend Harumi (Taniguchi Harumi / cv. Fujii Yukiyo) was lively than the character I was imagining, when I recorded the drama CD attached to Comics 4 Volume, I had a very good effect I received a place. Also this time animation will show you more powerful lady, so please take a closer look here as well.

Does this mean Harumin's character might come across differently?

>And, surprisingly, Mr. Momo Kino (Deputy Chairman of the Student Council Assistant to Sprouts) (Momoakino · Himeko / cv. Kubo Yurika). The cuteness can be gone by animation! I also want to draw about the original pretty cute (laugh).

>Actually, in the initial setting, Yuzu was going to be a sister. However, while drawing up the concept of the story, there are circumstances that the opinion was gotten by various people, the result was reversed. I think that it was really good with it now (laugh).

Sounds like Citrus was originally planned to be an actual incest manga until the changed it into stepsisters.
>>
>>2489410
>Sounds like Citrus was originally planned to be an actual incest manga until the changed it into stepsisters.
It's actually saying she was going to be the younger sister, as opposed the older one. It's stupid to trust what you understand from machine translation.
>>
>>2489417
Interesting. But the contrast of Yuzu as the older sister is much more entertaining. They did the same thing again with Nina and Sara, where despite being younger Nina can be more mature in some ways while also being physically much more mature.
>>
I just realized that Mitsuko is the only mature older sister when compared to her little sister.
>>
>>2488817
i'm not even remotely a citrusfag. I'm just reading for Harumin and Matsuri
>>
File: citrus review.jpg (259 KB, 1250x800)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>皆さんお待たせです⸜(* ॑꒳ ॑* )⸝⋆ 上映会で見たcitrusの端的な感想置いとくんで来月の参考にして下さい。 Hello all citrus fans. Let me show you my short review about citrus anime.

Interesting review a Japanese watcher viewer wrote and he/she was nice to propose an English version.
>>
>>2489578
If people want the source, just type saburouta in twitter search engine, you'll find the original tweet.
>>
>>2489578
Maybe anime will make something decent out of this mess of a story. Here's praying for lot of anime original material.
>>
>>2489578
>>2489680
It mentions anime original content and its purposes twice in the summary. Given that only the first 2 episodes were screened, it's fair to say it will have a decent amount of anime original content.
>>
>>2489701
It's saying the anime original stuff was orthodox and only used for stuff that was unclear or hard to depicted in the manga.
>>
>>2489711
This could improve arc 4 by alot.
>>
I wonder if the clarifications came from the anime staff and their interpretations, or if Saburouta noted things fans were unclear on and is using the anime as a Director's Cut of the first few arcs.
>>
>>2489404
>New Interview with Saburota in Japanese
>https://ddnavi.com/interview/421352/a/

Ohh, the Citrus manga sold over 800,000 copies

I wonder if it will hit a million soon
>>
>>2490202
That would be an average of 100,000 per volume, so probably to not at least volume 10 releases. There's also if its sales have been declining, staying roughly the same, or increasing over time.
>>
https://ddnavi.com/interview/420470/a/
I think I now understand why the anime poster had Yuzu and Mei looking at the viewer and not each other. A poll just revealed that YH readers are 60% male.
>>
>>2490235
Not really Citrus related, every pin'ups posters of the magazine have the girls looking at the viewer. That's a cliche for this kind of fan content.

Same things for the volume covers but not the chapters covers, more natural. I don't think Saburouta intends to particularly attract male viewers, since she toned down the fanservice if you compare the bathroom scene of the chapter 2 with latter "sexy" content in the manga.

And reading different reviews on the screening, it seems the anime is very faithful to the manga tone.
>>
>>2490246
The beginning has to be pretty set though, since that's how the story gets rolling and establishes Yuzu and Mei's relationship and characters. There will be cumulative changes throughout the anime as they intend to add things and expand upon info from the manga. Whether these will have any major impact on how the anime comes across has yet to be seen. Like if they explain more of why Mei accepted Sara's confession, then it will automatically destroy several interpretations of that volume that are pretty prominent. Hopefully people don't dislike their headcanon getting shot down by adaptation.
>>
Did any of the people who attended the screening comment on Himeko showing up early?

Was it basically a non-factor with her only having a few lines?
>>
If we don't get the second PV in the next 2 weeks, then it's pretty safe to say there won't be one.

The only remaining events this month are chapter 35's release and the second early screening on December 23rd.
>>
>>2490202
Are you sure that's the sale number or number of circulation? They're not the same, and if Citrus sells that much why has it never ranked on Oricon? Mangas that sell over 20k per volume manage to rank on the top 30. Weird. Also no way it sells 100k per volume, that's the number of not very popular shonen mangas
>>
>>2490393
>>2490202

The number is likely using Yuri Hime numbers, which would be stupid, but probable. The fact is that a niche yuri series wouldn't have high volume numbers, so they inflate it to seem more impressive by using the magazine sales numbers.
>>
>>2490393
It's total volumes sold.
>>
>>2490402
Most of its sales likely come from the west. Given it's New York Times best seller rankings from 2015.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-09/new-york-times-manga-best-seller-list-december-28-january-3/.83100
>>
>>2490393
>Mangas that sell over 20k per volume manage to rank on the top 30.
That's 20k in a week. You don't need to sell 20k in a week for the latest volume to have sold 800k total.
>>
>Citrus appeared on The New York Times best seller list for manga five times in 2015.
I wonder if its sales have dropped off since the manga first came out in English. It got off to a strong start, but it doesn't mention any later rankings.

>>2490407
The 800,000 is clearly for the entire series, not a single volume. If it was for a specific volume it would be mentioned.
>>
>>2490409
>It got off to a strong start, but it doesn't mention any later ranking

The NYT stopped ranking mangas
>>
>>2490409
>The 800,000 is clearly for the entire series, n
That's how I intended "total" to be taken (the "for the latest volume" is supposed to just belong with "20k in a week").
>>
>>2490407
800k is the number of all the volumes not a single one. Also I checked, it's the number of circulation not the number of sales, and it's worldwide not Japan only. Anyways, like I said, if Citrus sells that much overall it should sell a lot per volume and the same for the first week a volume goes to sale. So far no volume has ranked in Oricon so it probably doesn't sell too much which it is expected for a yuri manga. Other yuri does have ranked there, which is a clear indication of how mainstream they are.
>>
>>2490416
One of the articles I read mentioned how popular Citrus is in the west. Combined with it not ranking on Oricon, but ranked on New York Times while it was still ranking means that the anime could be popular, but have terrible BD sales in Japan. And the thing is, the west is more into consuming anime digitally now and not buying discs, so it could appear unpopular even if alot of people watch it.
>>
>>2490417
Take into consideration that it's Citrus volume 1 that ranked as one of the most sold in the West, we don't know how well did the other volumes. Just looking at the very misleading cover and reading the pseudoincest plot can attract many readers. But I agree, Citrus is more popular in the West yuri community that it is in Japan. Let's hope the anime will be popular here at least.
>>
>>2490426
Its popularity here won't mean much if most people watch it on kissanime or other unofficial sources, which could also be greatly impacted by a delay if Netflix acquires it.
>>
>>2490432
>Its popularity here won't mean much if most people watch it on kissanime or other unofficial sources, which could also be greatly impacted by a delay if Netflix acquires it.

Really, REALLY pray Crunchyroll gets it. It will be even better if FUNimation gives it a simuldub
>>
>>2490574
I think Citrus would be great for a dub. Harumin and Matsuri dubbed would be golden.
>>
>12月18日発売予定のコミック百合姫2月号ですが、私の都合で『citrus』の休載をお願いしました。続きを楽しみにしてくださっている皆様には、大変申し訳ありません。次号より再開予定ですので、よろしくお願い致します

No Citrus chapter this month. Message from Saburouta. She asked to report the next chapter to the march issue even though she precises the chapter was previewed this month.

It was expected because, like TnMR, she may be a little tired and the release of chapter 33 may have worn her out with all the promotion for volume 8 and the anime and all the bonus content she had to do. She may also be polishing chapter 33 for volume 9 release. It is wiser to delay it to have a full 35 pages for chapter 35 than another half chapter. Since the actual arc is very important, and chapter 35 is supposed to be very dramatic and a turning point in the manga, let's say it is a good decision.

This time her editor wasn't stupid enough to pressure her, they learned from the previous decision, and i suppose that they don't want to offer another unfinished chapter just before the anime, that would be a very bad promo. At least, we'll have some info on the anime in the next YH.
>>
>>2490818
Probably some health issues, expected at this time of the year, other mangakas like Merryhachi had the same problem one month ago. At least, the author made it official as soon as a release wasn't possible.
>>
Time to reconsider the plot? Maybe previous chapters' reception made her think about twice about what will follow.
>>
>>2490818
apparently health issues wont let her finish the chapter,and it will surely look bad if we had unfinished panels this time again. too bad we wont be getting a chapter this month but I guess is better for her reputation not to be dragged down. good decision even though I wished she made the same decision with chapter 33
>>
>>2490944
don't think it was health issues for chapter 33, just schedule issues since she had too many things to do. this time, if it is health problems as we can assume, indeed, her editor couldn't refuse her to postpone the chapter.
>>
>>2490944
>apparently health issues
According to what?
>>
>>2490959
Not the anon, but the tweet seems to imply it. She asked the delay for convenience. I don't think that could be because of the plot. When tMnR tweeted about the month delay for the volume and the chapter, that was also for health issues. Japanese to her tweet wish her a good health so they seem to have understood the same thing.

But, maybe she asked time for the story. Nothing forbid to think that too.
>>
>>2490979
It's a leap to think 私の都合 implies health. There's various things it can be, including simply that it turned out her estimate for whether she'd get the work done was wrong.
>>
>>2490989
Yep, i know, just assumption. We'll never really know since it's not her style to say too much. Well, let's hope it's for the best. I prefer that to have a real full chapter, two short chapter for a such important arc would have been a waste.

If they want to use the anime to boost volume sells, she needs to do have chapter 35 in January and 36 in February for the volume 9 release in March, when the anime will stop airing.
>>
>>2490818
Perfectly understandable.

Hiatus mid arc is weird though and they'll probably still do hiatus at the end of the arc too. That would be 2 hiatuses really close together.
>>
>>2490824
It's most likely health issues or needing alot of time to fix chapter 33 for volume release.

If you're right though, then she may have planned to drag out the fiance drama, but the reaction seems to be that fans aren't liking it for various reasons and she might actually resolve it peacefully with the end of volume 9.
>>
No new chapter this month means CT might finally get the chance to finish chapter 20. If the anime really stops at the end of volume 4, then it'd be nice if volume 5, which they'd have to start from, would be completely done on dynasty.
>>
No new chapter this month means that the anime will air before we get any new chapters. But it's not that bad, since there's still the last 3 anthology booklet stories to be released and if CT gets the time to finish their release of chapter 20.
>>
New Thread

>>2491608

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.