[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 132 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Previous thread: >>2493441

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/RXu9CyY5
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Sono Hanabira: >>2488268
Kindred Spirits: >>2394994
Shoujo City 3D: >>2424713
Akai Ito / Aoishiro: >>2334926
Life is Strange: >>2456120
Valkyrie Drive: >>2494796
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2401909
Nights of Azure: >>2465739
>>
Recent News:

The Steam Winter sale is on until January 4th
Seabed is now available in English
Fatal Twelve due out at the end of January
>>
>>2504825
Is Fatal Twelve made by Japanese company?
>>
>>2504879
http://aiueokompany.com/
>>
>>2504879
I don't think we have any official confirmation of yuri in it either, we're just hopeful since their last game was subtexty
>>
>>2504887
It has an actual lesbian who tries to confess to the MC in the demo.
>>
>>2504885
Great
Going to check the demo
>>
>>2504887
Sound of Drop one? How was it?
>>
>>2504916
Do you like slow-moving Japanese style plots, devoted friendships where girls clearly care a lot about each other but aren't explicitly having a romance, some creepy horror descriptions, and a whole bunch of ways to die from choices that you can't always logically work out which one is going to be right? then it's fine.

i'm fine with all that but I know some people will be pissed about "what, I'm dead AGAIN?" or "just kiss already!" also people who are used to faster-paced western writing can get fed up.
>>
>>2504891
Got to it. Very nice one
>>
if only they would make it just a little gayer
>>
File: mfw.png (248 KB, 1337x738)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
I'm reading SeaBed right now and I want to kill myself.
>>
>>2505136
What's wrong?
>>
>>2505138
Is it an anger-inducing kind of depressing? I want to start reading it soon, but I already made myself angry by reading shitty bisexual angst yuri manga last night. I just want to read something beautiful.
>>
File deleted.
>>2505144
It's about a girl whose soulmate died and she suffers from hallucinations of her. But she may not be dead since other chapters are from her perspective elsewhere? I don't know but they're both pretty fucked up.
>>
>>2505146
I feel a bit bad about spoiling myself because I like to go into stories totally blind, but thanks. I think I can probably deal with that. I'll just cry a lot, but I like that more than feeling angry or disgusted.
>>
Well, Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. Two girls are very very good friends with each other, promises of being together forever, and call each other's names a lot (because they spend most of the game apart), plus dashes of fluffy cute when not trying to avoid being murderized by youkai. Put on the yuri goggles because it doesn't go further than that. Also, the game can be pretty grim. Like in the first Yomawari, you don't mix in the affairs of the kami without there being consequences. Mountain gods really are massive assholes.. Also, the dog survives this time around.
>>
>>2505196
Do you need to play the first game for this one?
>>
>>2505225
No, it is an independent sequel so no prior knowledge is expected. Although, since you get to visit the first game's town, it would narratively give some context, and you can discover they're set apart by two years ingame time.
>>
>>2505196
Do both girls survive?
>>
>>2505136
>>2505138
>>2505146
Is there a download link for it anywhere?
>>
>>2505338
http://store.steampowered.com/app/583090/SeaBed/
>>
>>2505340
I meant one where I don't have to pay.
>>
>>2505343
Fuck you.
>>
>>2505357
No, fuck you leatherhead
>>
>>2505343
Become good enough at eating pussy that people want to give you games for free.
>>
File: dank memes.png (390 KB, 960x644)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>2505357
>>2505371
Pirate club's two blocks down.
>>
File: 1508866767593.jpg (126 KB, 1066x592)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>they can't date boys if they're dead
"Yuri GOTY 2017" - IGN
Support the devs if u want more!
>>
>>2505293
Tutorial spoilers: as already implied, the game's movement and item interaction tutorial has you guide one of the girls, Yui, into the mountains and hang herself. The next scene the game throws a WTF at you by having her and the other girl, Haru, go to the mountains and watch fireworks and getting separated by spirits as they make their way back home. So the initial question of the player is, did she die or what was that about?

Story spoilers: as Haru searches for Yui, who in turn is getting whisked from one place to another, they discover that yes, Yui is dead so she is now a spirit. It doesn't get detailed but probably the power of friendship let her appear human; she forgot she's dead which either was also caused by that, or is a common thing that happens to all spirits.

Big story spoilers: Yui did not want to die, though she had considered it. Her father had died, her mother "turned strange" and it is implied abuses her (Yui wears a bandage around her head and bandaid on her cheek during the game), her other dog died, and now Haru is moving to another town at the end of summer. She was at the edge, and got pushed over by the whispers of the spider goddess.[/spoilers]

Whole reveal spoilers: The game events are not Yui and Haru's first run-in with the spider goddess. It is shown that they had been to her domainbefore for reasons untold (accidentally?) and escaped. She however bore a grudge at them. As a sign in the mountain warns, if you hear a voice talking to you (being the spider goddess), do exactly the opposite what it says. This is the narrator in the tutorial that guides Yui to hang herself after she goes to the mountain to bury her dead dog. You get to go through the tutorial again with Haru, now armed with that knowledge to avoid a bad end.

(cont.)
>>
>>2505465

Whole reveal spoiler part 2: Yui by now knows she's dead and is turning into a spirit that is cold and very very very very lonely and wants Haru to always always always always be with her. You can at this point start to guess the game ain't gonna end with flowers and rainbows. Here another subplot converges with the main one. During the game Haru manages to placate a local forgotten god, Kotowari, who has a supernaturak ability to separate things, evidenced by the huge scissors it carries as it rampages and cuts people and things. Once Haru defeats the spider goddess in boss battle by not listening to her lies, Yui has gone totally over the edge and decides she can't let Haru go. This manifests as large amount of red strings that tie her wrist and regenerate faster than you can cut them. Kowowari helps her here by cutting the fate that ties them... along with her entire left arm. The game's final scene is Yui having come back to her senses (and still dead) bringing Haru down from the mountain. She is then asked to let go of her hand (and asked again until you answer 'yes').

Mentioning the dog is relevant because you see her(?) a lot during the game and because in first Yomawari the tutorial gets the protag girl's dog killed dead, so when the second game throws a dog at you there's reasons to be concerned for its continued health.
>>
>>2505468
I suppose I also should mention the ending echoes the first Yomawari's ending where, once you rescue your sister from the angry mountain god, said god decides she won't get away with that for free and takes the protag girl's left eye. The sister getting spirited away btw was her fault since she was unable to tell the dog died, and big sis goes into the night to look for the doggo.
>>
>>2505465
>>2505468
>>2505482
This is all very cheery.
>>
File: BlueReflection-25.jpg (117 KB, 960x540)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Finished Blue Reflection, GUST's answer to Persona.

Good -
* Amazing visuals, definitely GUST's best looking games. The in-game graphics are fantastic, the battle UI is stylish, the girl designs are all remarkably cute.
* Good soundtrack, it's mostly soft piano music which I incredibly like. The game still pulls out hype orchestra tracks when the moment's right.
* All female cast, no guys to be seen. Shihori also genuinely lusts for Hinako Her final bond event has her secretly swapping underwear with Hinako and getting too excited .
* No time limits unlike Persona, so it's easy to max out all girls bond events in one play through and it's basically a play at your own pace type of game.
* Turn based RPG battle system where your HP and MP are fully restored every battle. I really like this idea since it makes dungeon travelling less tedious and allows you to battle any monster you want.

cont. (1/2)
>>
File: blue-reflection.png (1.85 MB, 1665x937)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>2505602
Bad-
* The game's performance is horrendous. I played it on a regular PS4 and idk how much the Pro enhances the game but I saw constant frame drops. There was also awkward silences between dialogues where a character's mouth starts moving before the audio. The game looks beautiful in stills but becomes a trainwreck in scenes with everyone jittering in movements. Bad optimization like most GUST games sadly.
* You only get 3 team members from beginning to end. This, in combination with full heals every battle, can lead to monster encounters feeling samey. Also you get no EXP from regular monster battles so it battles could feel inconsequential.
* Characters can feel shallow and one-note. Since there's so many girls many don't get that much spotlight time. The bond events feel short so some characters still felt underdeveloped even after I maxed out our relationship.
* There's no actual yuri. Unlike Persona, there's no romance options and while Shihori is most definitely a lesbian, Hinako plays her off as friends.
* Story is by the books and nothing to write home about.
* Bond events are unvoiced and there isn't much incentive to do them in the first place.
* Quests are boring.

Overall, I think Blue Reflection had the assets (visuals and audio) to be a great game but the gameplay and writing were meh. I wouldn't recommend spending more than $30 for the game (preferably less than that) and I'd hope GUST tries the concept again better in the future with better execution.
>>
>>2505610
Yeah, I was really jazzed for a magical girl RPG but it was a big bummer that there were only the three actual magical girls in it.
>>
>>2505487
Indeed, and I am really hoping they make a third one
>>
>>2505610
I wonder if the PC port is any good. I don't have a PS4 and PC ports lately can be really hit or miss, so if the game already has performance issues on the console I can only imagine that it'll be worse on the port. PC graphics look a little sharper, but that's about it. I have decent hardware, but if the game is mediocre at best that it doesn't sound worth it. Maybe I'll just add it to my steam wishlist and get it in a year or two when the price drops during a sale.
>>
>>2505798
You can also just pirate it.
>>
>>2505610
Forgot to mention that the English versions of Blue Reflection are riddled with spelling errors. I seen "wjat" and "thye," also the game cannot decide if it wants to use Lime or Raimu as the spelling for one of the Shijou sisters. It's dumb mistakes like these that are easily caught during QC and the fact they're still here months after launch shows how little care the localization team put into the English version.

>>2505798
Based on Youtube vids, the PC version also suffers from poor and inconsistent frame rate. I pity people who play GUST games on Vita. Yeah, I wouldn't be in a rush to buy this game if I were you.
>>
>>2505859
I guess. But downloading 35GB for a game that I might only get mild enjoyment from when I have a huge backlog of games that I've actually purchased that I haven't even played yet doesn't seem appealing. I should probably get out of bed and start tackling said backlog, but oh well. Also, $79.99 for the season pass? Unless it triples the length of the game, gust can fuck right off.
>>
>>2505887
IIRC there's only 1 event DLC and it's 0.99. The rest of the season pass is just costumes for the large cast. Season pass is just a dumb name for an ALL-DLC pack. Buying costume DLCs for anyone that's not the 3 party members is kinda a waste of money anyhow.
>>
>>2505610
>. Also you get no EXP from regular monster battles so it battles could feel inconsequential.

So what is the incentive for fighting regular monster battles? Items or something?
>>
>>2505343
On nyaa tracker it available.
>>
>>2506006
Yep, just item drops. Item drops are only used to craft items and enhancing fragments. Personally I never used any of the items except to get the trophy and for quests (both optional) so you could avoid all non-mandatory battles and suffer no consequence.
>>
>>2506088
That's the japanese version.
>>
>>2506128
Beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>2505610
>writing

You are probably speaking about the English version, huh? It's pretty horrible alright. The original version actually has some artistic flow fitting very well with the music and overall atmosphere it tries to create. It's minimalist, and relies on implications.
The english translation doesn't care. It removes the implications and writes everything out. It gives a completely different atmosphere and strays far away from how the game was supposed to be experienced.

I don't know what happened there, but it's an absolutely horrible localization. This is not how it works. At all. Changing the game's writing style in a 180° way is never the right way.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (30 KB, 357x299)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Finished SeaBed, I'm crying pretty hard.
>>
>>2506207
Just started last night, and I feel very uneasy.
>>
>>2506218
Spoilers:
I guess it does have a happy ending, what with Sachi seemingly conquering her delusions and getting with Nanae and Takako going off with Mayuko. But still the core theme about it being about moving on from the person you've loved your whole life dying and leaving you alone in the world is hard to read. The phone call scene was heartbreaking.
>>
>>2506236
I heard the game was depressing so I've been spoiling myself on it to see if I'm strong enough to handle it. I'm getting teary eyed just from reading about it. I want to play it one day, but today is not that day.
>>
>>2506264
Big spoilers:
At least half the game is flashbacks about Takako and Sachi together, whether it be as kids, teens, young adults and even moments before Takako dies in their bed, not to mention Sachi's hallucinations. That's what makes it sad, it's constantly showing you how happy and well off they were before Takako died. It's the feeling of living like 30 years with your soulmate only for them to die, leaving you alone with a hole in your heart you can't fill.

There is an epilogue that implies Takako is waiting for Sachi to die so they can be together forever.
>>
>>2506236
While not a perfect ending I think it was the best possible ending without going into any magic/sorcery. Mayuko is just Sachiko anyways so delusion Takako is good. I do hope Nanae can feel in the gaps of Sachiko but I suppose we'll never know.

Seabed was such a great read. By far the best VN I've read this year and it's looking to be one of my top VNs ever.
>>
>>2506273
Yeah, it was really good. I did think it was much sadder from Sachi's perspective since Takako was basically already "living" a whole new life on her own, whereas Sachi was suffering. Every flashback was painful.
>>
File: 00_00.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
[Sei Nyanko Gakuen] Choko Sensei to Dokidoki Les Panic ~Shimai Les Battle-hen~
https://exhentai.org/s/c90902c885/1160956-1
>>
>>2506207
I dont want to play this game if it is going to make me sad.
>>
>>2505798
I wonder how easy it would be to mod the PC version.
>>
>>2506351
I mean, the sad part really comes from how a large part of the story is remembering the times they had together, and how happy and carefree they were. If you get hit hard by nostalgia of lost friends/love, then it's really depressing. Still a great read though.
>>
Does anyone know how I can put butt-pirated Fate/Extella's DLCs into the game?
>>
>>2506270
So you're saying that Sachiko's lover is dead all along and gets together with Mayuko who I'm assuming is a delusion (and also her?).

Sounds fun, is it better to buy it off of Steam or through the official publisher? There any sex scenes that need a patch if you get it off Steam?
>>
>>2506504
It kinda goes into interpretation territory at a certain point. The gist of it is yes, Takako actually died. To what extent Mayuko is Sachiko, and what becomes of Takako and Mayuko at the end is kept vague. [\spoiler]

There's no sex scenes so you don't have to worry about that. I'd rather buy on MangaGamer than Steam simply because MG just gives you a direct download to the game rather than making you go through Steam to activate and play the game.
>>
>>>/v/401722103
>Why are games pandering to yurifags when they barely even buy games to begin with?
>>
Fate/Extella Link (sequel to Extella) now has a release date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3I_aC7e3sQ
Male and female Masters as usual, all 16 playable servants from Extella and a bunch of new ones.
Unlike Extella some of the main Servants are dudes now there's also everybody's favorite girl(male) so no idea if it's going to be as /u/-relevant as Extella.
>>
File: disapproval.png (2.22 MB, 1920x1080)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>2506785
>/v/
>>
>>2506792
It'll probably do the same thing as all the other games and make your primary servant be your love interest regardless of PC gender.
>>
Does anyone know what the Cathayan Perfume and the Heels of Dominance do in Embric of Wulfhammer?

The walkthrough doesn't say and I want to explore all the things before I finish it.
>>
>>2506833
Nothing out of combat, and there's at most 5 combat scenes, most of which in a very specific route.
>>
>>2506847
Oh, so it's just a combat item? I was hoping it unlocked some bonus scene or scene variant somewhere.

Thanks anyway :)
>>
>>2506504
Basically Takako is in another world after death with a bunch of other girls who may or may not also be dead, it's never mentioned what they are or why Kozue is in both worlds at once. The end is her and Mayuko getting on a cruise to go off and explore the world like she used to with Sachiko while Sachiko is managing her business while hanging out with (and implied dating) Nanae. Nanae is in love with her and comes onto her earlier in the game so it's likely they're dating.

Narasaki is the doll they played with as children and basically came to life as a means to go between the two worlds and preserve their memories of each other and help them say goodbye and move on with their lives. In the end she goes back to young Sachi who looks just like Kozue, and she's in the epilogue at the beach barbeque party with Takako and her gang waiting for Sachi to join them one day.
>>
>>2506953
Seabed -
I don't think the Takako we see is in an afterlife. Instead I believe the world we see from Takako's perspective is actually a world created inside Sachiko's mind. In the final phone call, Takako asks Narasaki if it's possible to meet Sachiko but Narasaki says that it's not healthy for Sachiko to keep talking to her delusions, implying Takako's world is a mental aspect of Sachiko. Mayuko and Sanae seem like they're different aspects of Sachiko (note the similar hair and faces) rather than completely different people. Narasaki also notes that Mayuko looks the most like Sachiko when Narasaki first goes to the Sanatorium. Kozue only appears in Takako's world after Narasaki and Sachiko meet Kozue in the real world so Sachiko probably added Kozue to Takako's world. In Takako's deathbed scene, Sachiko describes a world similar to the one Takako is currently living in. Finally, in the inverse sea epilogue, Takako mentions that she has to wait for Sachiko in the world Sachiko made possible (paraphrased). All these lead me to believe the Takako we see is part of an ideal Sachiko created in her head so that Takako could live happily. Takako also said she never believed there was an afterlife multiple times in the story
>>
>>2506792
Well it'll be gay either way, I suppose.
>>
>>2506992
That's pretty sad, but the one thing that makes me think that isn't necessarily the case is that Sachi's condition improves by the end of the story. If she were still having delusions of another whole world I don't see how it could exist at the worst of her affliction and continue existing after all other symptoms stopped. She did say the phone call Takako was different than any of her other delusions, implying it was at least somewhat real. As for Takako's atheism, she also says a lot that she never gets sick, even though she died of some terminal illness. A lot of things happen at the sanatorium that are different than Takako's view. Narasaki too, since Sachi did end up forgetting all about her like she said even though she continued to exist in the other world.
>>
>>2506504
If possible, always buy from the publisher. That way you aren't paying steam-tax (30% off the top), which means the devs get more of your purchase.
>>
About PoE2 romances, somewhat board related.

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/169158072916/hey-i-remember-during-the-fundraiser-for-poe2
>>
>>2507000
Still seabed -
It's kind of sad but remember one of Narasaki's last lines: It doesn't matter if this is the afterlife or imaginary, this version of Takako exists all the same. Also it makes much more sense that Narasaki could connect Sachiko to the Takako in her head rather than Narasaki acting as some necromancer that connects the living to the dead. Sachiko got cured of her delusions by the end of the VN but that doesn't mean the inverse world disappeared as a result since the Takako inside this world isn't the same one Sachiko saw in her real world delusions. The ending is kind of vague in explanations but the more I reread Seabed the more I think my theory makes sense.
>>
>>2505375
This literally worked for me.
>>
do you guys need a seabed thread so you can stop pouring spoiler text all over here?
>>
>>2507054
Or, and this'll blow your mind, you could just not read spoilers that are highly obviously from Seabed.
>>
>>2507056
I'm not reading them, imouto-chan, however sometimes my mouse accidentally crosses a big black block, and sometimes people reply to a post and the reply doesn't say what it's about so if you hover the >> it shows the post and shows the spoilers. more importantly, this thread basically always asks people to take it to a game-specific thread if they keep going on about one particular game in the general.
>>
>>2507056
They're not, since there were a bunch of spoilers in between about a separate game and when you're only seeing the most recent posts on the first page it's impossible to tell what's what.
>>
>>2507059
>thread basically always asks people to take it to a game-specific thread if they keep going on about one particular game in the general.
Incorrect. Someone throws a fit because they can't handle a discussion dominating the thread. Doesn't matter the game, someone always throws a fit over something trivial. It's like they forget filters exist that they can use and instead are forcing other people to do the policing for them.
>>
>>2507061
It's impossible to filter for everything. Something would slip through and it would be more obnoxious to ask people to tag every post than to just take it to a dedicated thread. I think someone actually started a Seabed thread and everything?
>>
>>2507066
Anon just accept that spoiler text gets used. Trying to police what goes where is stupid, full-stop. If you can't think of a handful of words that'll be used when talking about the plot that contains spoilers, then maybe you should avoid the thread for a week or something because god forbid /your/ experience isn't favorable.
>>
>>2507070
There's at least two of us and I have been avoiding the thread. But when I have played the game in a couple of days it would still be preferable to have all the conversation in one place rather than scattered over a series of game gens. When the fuck did discussion become policing.
>>
>>2506792
I know there's at least one trap (the kid). Who else isn't obviously a guy at first glance?
>>
>>2507375
One dude (Charlemagne), one trap (Astolfo), four girls (Scathach from FGO, titty pirate from Extra, Tamamo, Umu).
>>
>>2507380
I love titty pirate!
>>
>>2507070
>Trying to police what goes where is stupid
It's not. It's part of 4chan rule to keep a discussion on topic and follow board conventions. You cannot use a general thread to discuss extensively about a game, manga or anime. It's not what the thread is for. It's been long established that if a discussion is long enough to have its own thread, go there, free up the thread for other things.

Even the OP has pointers to specific threads. You must be a special kind of obtuse to pretend not knowing.
>>
>>
>>2507543
>RPG Maker
>horror
I'm not sure about this.
>>
>>2507548
It's just a typical spooky little adventure game where you solve a few puzzles and try not to get killed by the occasional flash-surprise. Requires light goggles because the girls are basically friends, but it does have a good end. Mostly.
>>
>Turn on Aoishiro
>Get wished a happy New Year by my girls
How am I supposed to contain this happiness?
>>
Seabed is kinda slow
>>
>>2507548
Hey, Ao Oni was pretty spooky the first two or three times you see the thing.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (252 KB, 1280x720)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
YOU TOLD ME IT'D BE HAPPY

I know it's not the final end but goddamn my heart
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (286 KB, 1400x788)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
http://store.steampowered.com/app/564160/Rosenkreuzstilette_Freudenstachel/

Was browsing my list for some cards on steam when I stumbled upon this megaman-like... Anyone tried this shit ? reviews seem pretty positive gameplay-wise, someone mentions the heroine is looking for her girlfriend.
>>
>>2508602
I can find no reviews (or the game description) stating that she is looking for her girlfriend only that is is trying to find her missing childhood friend (Spiritia). There may or may not be any subtext in the game itself, however I don't have the money or time to waste on finding out, especially since I'm bad at platformers.
>>
>>2508602
I played the first one, it wasn't really yuri but it was preety fun
>>
>>2508615
Groen90
Elsa from Disney's Frozen turns anime af, steps into a Megaman game and sets out to rescue her girlfriend while killing some church people in the process.

Strudel/10 would freeze fire columns again

ok it might not be legit
>>
>>2508602
Too bad I am embarrassingly bad at Mega Man games.
>>
So was the new Atelier any good/gay?
>>
Okay just finished Seabed and I guess I have some questions

Who was Sanae? An aspect of Sachiko's personality?

Why did Alice never come to work?

What was the deal with Nanae's mom, why did Sachiko get so unsettled by her

Did Takako have 2 diseases? One that ate her memories and one that killed her? In one the tips it implies Takako forgot about Sachiko

>>
Picked up 'Love Ribbon" on steam sale, R18 patch can take it or leave it but the Afterstory patch made it quite enjoyable and authentic. I don't think Western VN need to adhere to the Jap tropes so hard though.
>>
>>2509526
it's not even just the tropes, i just wish that game had actually had a believable story beyond the lesbian angst.
>>
>>2509526
I was dreading a cop out from the whole blood test arc, and didn't get one -I thought that was bold and authentic enough to justify the story's existence (and the few bucks I threw at it). I also appreciated that Dad ex machina was a complex character who both helped and hurt main girl.

My biggest gripe aside from the fact that it seems set in faux Japan is that the branch between good end and bad end is totally unfair and unreasonable!
>>
So i played wulfhammer years ago and i wanted to give the deluxe version a try but i can't find the walkthrough. I remember some events blocking another in the original iirc it was freeing the delf anyone has a link or can tell me the optimal moment to keep a save?
>>
>>2509666
Yeah basically just don't mess around with the drow if you don't want her. Is the google doc really gone though? That's a shame. I should have remembered to save it.
>>
>>2509682
I found it after a bit more search but it seems to be for the normal version
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x3_9cWCMpCgdyiIiVNx4iIvOCfJMbKgfYOIz4zmSZVw/edit?hl=en&pli=1#
>>
>>2509686
If I'm not wrong, the basic content is the same on both versions. Deluxe just has some art.
>>
Strawberry Vinegar is sure cute and funny. I'm glad I bought it during this steam sale.
>>
>>2508602
>>2508615
I've played through the first game, and while it's not outright yuri, but there are easily goggleable ships. Aside from Freudia and Spiritia, there's also Zorne (Bombergirl) and Trauare (not!Leviathan) and some moments with Grolla (not!Zero) and Sichte (brown girl with ZA WARUDO powers).
>>
Steam sale is ending soon, and I'm on the edge about buying the Valkyrie Drive game.

In term of romance, is it satisfactory like yuri VNs & Extella?
Or is it semi-satisfactory like NoA 1 & 2?
Or it doesn't exist / skirt around?
>>
>>2509813
Semi-satisfactory, I guess. Blatant gay behaviour, but not really any solid romance.
>>
>>2509813
VDB is unambiguously yuri, but romance isn't really focused on. The main narrative and character relationships are incredibly important and there are certain pairings amongst the cast but romantic development is only the most minor.

It's a game about action, lesbians with big boobs and conspiracy, not a romance story.
>>
>>2509813
From what I remember about Valkyrie Drive is that there's a siscon (Ranka) who loves her older sister (Rinka). The other characters are pretty gay too although some of them can be grating at times. No more details since it would probably involve spoilers.
>>
>>2509831
>>2509839
That's not to say there aren't characters who are clearly in love with others, just that that takes a back seat to the plot and action.
I would recommend getting it, though. The story and characterization are better and more in-depth than you'd expect from that kind of game, the gameplay is a refinement of the Senran Kagura series, and the characters have distinct playstyles and movesets.
Make sure you get the version with the DLC though, you want Mirei and Mamori.
>>
>>2509843
Yeah I know about Viola and Koharu along with Momo's attraction to both Ranka and Rinka. Also I suppose the Pillar Gods would be /u/ friendly given their nature.. I didn't want to delve too much into the plot details as it would/could involved major spoilers.

As for the gameplay even though I could never pull off any of the Phantom Moves on the Vita version of the game, I really enjoyed playing it.
>>
>>2509497
Can't answer all of these but
Sanae was mostly a version of Sachiko, just like Mayuko and to an extent Kozue in the ending when she becomes young Sachiko. As for the real Takako, I believe she only had 1 disease, the one that killed her. I have a theory that the Takako we see the perspective of (and suffers from memory loss disease) is actually a Takako created in Sachiko's mind. (I gave my reasoning for the theory in this post >>2506992). I think the memory loss disease was kind of representative of how the real Sachiko forgot the circumstances of Takako's death. At the end of the VN, Takako seemingly recovered all her memories when Sachiko got rid of her delusions problem and accepted Takako's death. I don't believe the Nanae mom reaction meant anything significant.
>>
I'm looking to actually put my PS4 to some use. Should I get Gravity Rush? From what I remember somebody said it doesn't start getting subtexty until the 2nd game and the first one has hints of het, but it feels weird to start from a sequel.
>>
>>2509337
I'm dying to know this too. I have a whole list of stuff I need to ask an importer that we don't seem to have here. Please tell me they didn't kill the yuri. Nobody expects full blown yuri but I can't have them saying shit that makes them straight without any doubt.
>>
>>2511610
It's worth it just as a very fun game desu
>>
Just finished Brilliant Shadows, I absolutely loved it. Loved the two heroines. I'm thinking of Pale Spectrum, but the marketing material is discouraging, and the protagonist is no longer Ash but rather a wide spectrum of people of all sexualities.

Is there a route here that lets Ashe, and her girlfriend has a large share of the story, someone talk to me about this game.
>>
>>2512405
You're really better off stopping after the first game IMO.
>>
>>2512424
Wow, that sucks. It's that bad? I really liked the story, loved Ashe. Can you tell me more about why I should stop?
>>
>>2512434
Not that anon, but the overall tone and feeling somewhat changes. The first game feels like you get just a trickle of the bigger picture, but you gladly gulp each drop up and search for more, whereas the second one opens the floodgates and drowns you. Shitton of characters, lots of new additions to the world building and lore, but thrown onto you in little time and with little explanation, which makes it feel far less focused and fleshed-out than the first game and by the end, a lot of strands will be left open and unexplained.
That said, I still enjoyed it, but Shadows is the better game and story. Get it on a discount.
>>
>>2512536
What about /u/ content, and other types of sexualities that are jammed here?
>>
>>2512550
Depends on your choices. There's Ash and her waifu, don't know if you can break them up, haven't tried. One more pairing for sure and another where I'm not sure if it goes anywhere since it didn't in my playthrough. For things non-yuri, there's the gay witch (male) from the first game who can find his love and some het which you can avoid entirely, if you like.
>>
File: 1515080833878.jpg (134 KB, 802x602)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
anyone recommened a good yuri vn
>>
>>2512712
Aoi Shiro
>>
>>2512715
thanks
>>
>>2512721
Don't even expect 3 kisses in one playthrough though.
>>
>>2512913
There aren't even three in the whole game.
>>
>>2512715
Do you need to play Akai Ito before that
>>
>>2512961
No, the two stories are independent.
>>
Just found this at random:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/9861/
>>
File: DRE1ncAUQAIOibT.jpg (244 KB, 900x1200)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
NTR?
>>
>>2509526
>just played this
It could have been decent but the writing was honestly pretty bad. Was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>2513295
Also, just because I need to complain about this: What the fuck was up with the teacher stalking them, and then trying to force the MC into a fucking conversion camp? It was so out of nowhere, undeveloped, and hamfisted. It's like the laziest way possible to suddenly make the situation into a bigger deal just when they finally made up.
>>
>>2512561
How active is the Yuri couple in the story?
>>
>>2513295
yeah, i wish the artist would team up with a better writer. it could have been so much more.
>>
the pastebin link doesn't work anymore
>>
>>2513375
Works fine for me.
>>
>>2513332
Bad writer realized too late people wouldn't think a professor wanting a student to do well and get a free ride through college with a guaranteed job afterwards was a bad thing so gay camps out of nowhere
>>
>>2513354
Ash and her waifu? Fairly, she's still a focused character, even without being the sole protagonist. The other possible couple doesn't have much though and takes a background role. And the third I don't even know if it's possible or not, since I tried to go for it but nothing came off it in my playthrough.
>>
>>2513386
Reminds me of how dumb that final choice is. It'd be fine if whatever MC sacrificed in exchange for supporting Zoey at her concert was of equal value, but that makeup test she needs to take to keep your scholarship is absolutely more important than not making Zoey feel bad. And yet for some reason you're rewarded for giving into Zoey being a selfish bitch. It's never even really addressed in story how shitty it was of Zoey to act like that, that's not a healthy dynamic at all.
>>
>>2513417
Lol I remember getting the bad end the first playthrough because I thought one thing was clearly more important than the other (which definitely could have been made up later). I didn't even bother to read the good end after that, I just could not care for the main characters and found them unlikable and retarded.
>>
>>2513445
Yeah it's for the best. The good end just has even more retardation.
>>
>>2513445
I stopped reading when I was presented with that choice.
>>
File: 66662490_p0.jpg (1.24 MB, 1920x1200)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>2513445
Onee-sans were so traumatized they ran from the thread.
>>
File: 66720951_p0.jpg (1.39 MB, 1920x1200)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>2514732
>>
File: Divinity U.png (3.85 MB, 3840x6403)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB PNG
I don't know how they manage to make most of the conversations and interactions so meaningful with a lot of freedom in this game
>>
File: Divinity u 2.png (3.66 MB, 3840x6438)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
>>
>>2514937
By being good writers. By caring about their product. By being the polar opposite to Bioware.
>>
File: 1505431752380.jpg (124 KB, 780x780)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>*larian*
>*good writers*
>>
>>2515188
I'd agree with this on any other of their games, but DOS2 is decently written.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (458 KB, 640x720)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
Just played through the Open World story that just got released in Honkai Impact and wanted to talk about the yuri parts of it here.

Seems like the story is more or less the same as the GGZ manga about Sakura and Kallen. Although the whole thing was a bit glitchy, thankfully the CGs were actually included on release and not missing like that other event upon release.

I was disappointed that Theresa didn't get involved at all considering her ties to Kallen and later (or maybe before), Sakura. Since they didn't really have much time to elaborate on how Sakura and Kallen grew closer, I guess it's understandable to not want to complicate things even further by adding Theresa to the mix.

The story really didn't show the passage of time quite properly, but I think that's because the Valkyries that entered the memory didn't experience the proper passage of time either so it feels like everything happened at once even though Kallen and Sakura lived together for a while before the incident.

I more or less knew about the story from reading summaries and looking at raws,
but actually playing it made me feel even sadder for Sakura. I'm glad that she finally got to make some happy memories with Kallen,
even if it was fake.

Also, I did not expect to see Phantom Thief Kallen shamelessly flirt with Sakura like that.
I had no idea what was happening, but I loved it.
>>
File: kallen_riceball.jpg (49 KB, 800x668)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2515787
Also, although it didn't really directly show Sakura and Kallen falling for each other, seeing Sakura's backstory made me realize the two of them had a lot more interesting chemistry than I first thought.

Sakura:
- Started off with a desire to protect people
- Begins to doubt herself when the people she was supposed to was willing to hurt those close to her
- Buries her feelings in order to perform her duties
- Her experiences lead her to secretly resent humans

Kallen:
- Started off with a desire to protect people
- Begins to show doubts when she realizes the people she was supposed to protect are suffering under the group she belonged to (Shicksal)
- Abandons her duties to follow her heart (by becoming the Phantom Thief and Robin Hooding the rich and later outright betraying Shicksal)
- Her experiences reinforces her desire to protect people

Some of those comparisons might be slightly forced, but it's interesting to contrast their lives nonetheless. It really does seem like they were made for each other. Though I still wouldn't mind TheresaXSakura.
>>
File: RJ215956_img_smp8.jpg (301 KB, 1024x576)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
found on DLsite - an all-girls rubber school. as you do.

http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE215956.html
>>
File: RJ213161_img_main.jpg (318 KB, 560x420)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>2516106
also this, which somewhat surprised me to see a japanese circle using tyranobuilder
>>
File: 3.jpg (613 KB, 1210x1498)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
About that upcoming princess raising game, you can choose (and customize) a female protagonist, and the game will have individual character endings based on which princess you pick.

Still, it's Nippon Ichi, so I'll be cautiously optimistic. Though Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain did have some bad end yuri.
>>
Anyone tried this mod yet? Does it play nice with other mods?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25254/
>>
>>2515787
Thanks to remind this game exists now that I can play.
It's great. Why didn't I try it before?
>>
Anyone played Age of Gladiators? I'm guessing there's no /u/ there right?
>>
>>2516274
Never played it, but that reminds me one of the patrons in Gladiator Begins was a noblewoman you could NTR away from her husband and live happily ever after with on the island of Lesbos.
>>
>>2516206
Looks cute. Might give it a shot if it gets translated.
>>
>>2516106
Latex is under-represented in yuri. Although I'm not a fan of masks myself.
>>
Get those yuri VN requests ready.
https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/951219482525134848
>And keep your eyes peeled next week for when we launch our annual licensing survey for 2018!
>>
>>2516565
I have no idea what to put there.
>>
>>2516576
Same. I always forget the names of the few yuri VNs I've been interested in. Doesn't feel like putting them in that survey matters much anyway, though.
>>
>>2516565
What other yuri VNs are there left to license?

We could attempt Aoi Shiro and Akai Ito despite being PS2 games
>>
>>2516565
I mean, I reflexively request Sapphism no Gensou even though I know they'll never do it, because I still want to play it, but if there's anything actually practical for us all to go in on together, please let us know.

Beg for Tokyo Necro to get the /u/ route out of a mostly BxG game from a big company that they've occasionally worked with before?

Plead for Kotonoha Amrilato even though it's non-H and mangagamer might find that less appealing?
>>
>>2516589
Seisai no Resonance and Yamiyo ni Odore?
>>
>>2516599
Kotonoha is the only worth thing, but has no chance, so I won't waste my time.
>>
>>2504824
I greatly appreciate this image. The one on the right gives off this "quit feeling me up when I'm trying to read" vibe that I very much enjoy.
>>
>>2516589
looking down the list of what's flagged yuri and not translated yet

Seisai no Resonance
Lilcycle Rainbow Stage
Kamitsure ~7 no Nijou Fushigi~ which a lot of people have issues with so it's not a top choice but it's better than nothing
Solfege which is too old but if Symphonic Rain did well on Steam someone might think it was worthwhile?
the Qualia games?
>>
>>2516609
majiyuri but everyone begged for that and MG didn't get it so
>>
>>2516609
Lilcycle it is then.
>>
Has Shirokoi been picked up by someone already?
>>
>>2516654
Since Degica already did the one game it would not seem logical to ask Mangagamer for the other... Of course technically that covers Solfege too
>>
>>2516273
Careful, there is hand-holding in this game. You have been warned.
>>
>>2515787
I'm confused, if Kallen is an illusion made by Sakura's lounging for her, how the heck does she know what Gentleman Thief Kallen looks like? I doubt Kallen bought that suit with her when she ran away to the far east.

I need the next part of the story pronto!
>>
>>2515787
>No CG for this scene.
I'm disappointed in you mihoyo!
>>
>>2516658
If only Degica/Kogado would ask for suggestions they have several more games they could bring over

Didn' they remake Little Witch Parfait for PC?
>>
>>2516670
Well, if you really wanted an explanation, you could say that that version of Kallen was created by Higokumaru, who might have been semi-conscious while she was still in the box and saw Kallen in that outfit. Though the more likely explanation is that she was there because she looked awesome.
>>
>>2516602
I'll plead for it anyway, who knows.
>>
>>2516674
for you people going hard on houkai impact, how's the affection level 4 stuff? I just started and I really don't like when characters show affection for a uninvolved captain character.
>>
>>2516906
Honestly it was an unnecessary addition but at least it's implied the captain is female so silver lining I guess?
>>
>>2516913
seems like it's exactly what I feared, a shame.
and with how stingy the gacha seems, I guess I'll be skipping this one for now.
>>
>>2516906
Well, I learned to ignore it playing Senran Kagura.
The bad thing is that there're prizes for raising affection.
>>
>>2516609
Let's analyse that as someone who is into VN outside yuri and follows the companies and shit (of course I don't hold the absolute truth, but it can help):

Seisai (and Yamiyo ni Odore): The jap company went bankrupt, so no chance. What's more Mangagamer already has a game for a company like that (adquired it before it went bankrupt) and is in limbo right now even when it was translated and edited a long time ago.
Lilcycle: Someone mentioned last year that it was also a series of drama CDs and the VN was just something to complete that, so I won't advice it.
Kamitsure: Maybe has some chances, but as you said /u/ has a problem with the whole plot.
Solfege (and Haku Ai): Already commented, go ask for them to Degica since they already have a partnership with the jap developers.
Qualia games: As much as I would like to... JAST USA already has a partnership with them (they're doing Katahane) so no chance (and no chance of seeing them by Jast either, or not until 2020 if we're being hopeful)

And i'm surprised no one mentioned Kimihane, the one with more chances: Mangagamer had a partnership with Baseson in the past (it was commented how the games were expensive as fuck tho) and now there is a sequel/fandisc in development, so we can get both games if the first sells.

>>2516611
Did we beg for it? I mean I did, because I would like it, but I don't remember a lot of people doing it.

>>2516599
Tokyo Necro: Nitro + is doing an all ages release someday this year, and it's been commented how that means there is a company who is going to get that version (just rumors), probably Jast since they're with Nitro+.

Saphism: Same company as Kindred Spirirs, the only problem is that is "old" so they probably won't do it. Someone tells me that, if Mangagamer was interested on it, we would have already gotten it.

Kotonoha: It does have it's fair ammount of chances (unless it's somewhat expensive because it's a new title) they could try to get it if it's requested enough.
>>
>>2516935
Just imagine it's one of the other characters doing it. Like Katsuragi.
Or consider Bhikkuni, where you don't even need to imagine that, since they're on an island that only has girls.
>>
>>2516940
I forgot to mention that Mangagamer has no problems with all ages titles (Supipara, Sonohana: RHWM, Higurashi, Umineko...)

What we will get for (99%) sure it's the new version of Kindred Spirits, so at least we have that.
>>
>>2516913
>but at least it's implied the captain is female

How?
>>
>>2516940
I thought we did a big organised push for Majiyuri on a previous year and MG even commented on everyone asking for it and still nothing happened. I could be misremembering though.

So, best luck Kamitsure, Kimihane, Kotonoha?
>>
>>2516920
It's actually not bad once you have a decent team for Abyss. I can get anywhere from 480 (2 retains at Agony level) to 800 (2 retains at Red Lotus level) in a week from Abyss alone.

>>2516906
>>2516913
I just don't bother with the affection events. The captain is also completely non-canon since it's actually Theresa and Himeko that lead the Valkyrie in the storylines. I think there are some non-canon events that acknowledge the captain's existence, but largely you can just ignore the character's existence.
>>
>>2516994
I don't remember, but if that's true it's amazing (and a shame nothing happened). I mean, it's such a niche title even among yuri (no cute handholding material and pure love, which is what most people here like). But if that was on last year's survey maybe (a big maybe) it's among this years licences, obviously getting them takes time if there isn't a previous partnership with the jap company... or just me being really hopeful.

>So, best luck Kamitsure, Kimihane, Kotonoha?

Pretty much, yeah. Of course is no guarantee, but at least the votes will not go to impossible titles and get ignored (or worse, go to Sonohana titles when is a given Mangagamer will do more of them)
>>
>>2517021
>no cute handholding material and pure love, which is what most people here like
I'd actually like to know if this is true.

Maybe I should host one of those bullshit strawpolls...
>>
File: colony.png (83 KB, 741x276)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
What are you guys doing
>>>/v/403209490
>>
game on steam that's supposed to be yuri but it's chinese only
>>
>>2517273
name?
>>
>>2517273
Speaking of chinese yuri vn. What happened to Udying Love? Is it really canceled for good?
>>
>>2517456
http://store.steampowered.com/app/622910/The_trial_of_witch/
>>
>>2517528
Thanks.
>>
>>2517091
i like handholding, and boob grabbing, and mysterious sexy ladies kidnapping me because of ancient prophecies
>>
>>2516576
Tokyo Necro
Seisai no Resonance
Kotonoha Amrilato
Akaiito

Shirokoi and Solfege should be asked from Degica. They did make a survey in the steam forum before.
>>
Yatagarasu went bankrupt but their parent producer (Raid Co., Ldt according to vndb) would still own the rights to their games, wouldn't they?
>>
>>2517866
>>2517879
Anons... Read a little more >>2516940
>>
>>2517469
I think so, unless maybe if they settle something with the author. It's a shame, it looked good and it was fully voiced by very competent voice actresses.
>>
>>2517469
>>2517952
This made me sad and I never even heard of it until just now when I looked up info for it. The artwork looks great, the editing polish on the trailers was impressive, the voice acting was emotive even though I can never parse chinese, and apparently the game was essentially complete before licensing canned the release.

Ironic that a game about facing all obstacles through time and space can't get past a fucking licensing debacle.
>>
>>2516206
Did they just glue Laharl's scarf to a Prinny design and use that as armor? Lazy fucks.
>>
>>2512561
Is there a specific route in Pale Spectrum that has more focused /u/ content?
>>
>>2517985
What could have been..... What could have been... They were interested in releasing a Japanese and English version too, iirc. Really hope it comes back.
>>
>>2517469
whats the story behind this?
>>
>>2518087
Legal dispute, I believe the author has hit a wall over rights to the game. That's the last I've read about it, it was nearly cancelled then, but I'm not sure what's the current situation of the legal dispute.
>>
File: aoba97.jpg (48 KB, 328x279)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2518103
>china
>rights
>>
>>2509653
I was freaking out when I thought it was gonna be bullshit cop out.

Yeah the branch is dumb as shit.

Everybody who wasn't the main pairing sucked balls and should have been cut.

But at the end of the day, I still loved that game. I have been waiting so long for yuri incest, so to FINALLY get legit full incest is sweet.
>>
I'm planning to make a VN about a het girl going gay, what is something that you would like to see in a VN like this that you haven't seen before?

Also, any tips for in the process? First time trying this.
>>
>>2518626
Don't show any het scenes and you're off to a fantastic start.
>>
>>2518626
Where are you getting the resources to make this game? You might be able to ask questions to AA Dev if you yell at her.
>>
>>2518629
Offcourse, it will be mentioned because I want something realistic. But that's it.
>>2518630
Coding and story will be done by me, for art and music I have up to 15K budget at the moment.
>>
>>2518626
Maybe showing the girl going after male characters, not really feeling like she's doing it because she wants, but because she has to.
Then she meets a girl, or several girls. Out of curiosity she goes through the motions with them, and she feels good.
>>
>>2518626
I'm assuming that the protagonist is the "straight" girl, rather than the hound dog out to convert straight girls. How you handle the issue of her past straightness is tricky, because too many people fall into one of these obvious traps:
- it ends up looking like the gay is just a phase and the boyfriend is the real distant endgame
- writer tries so hard to avoid accidental shipping with men that all mention of men disappears from the setting and she may as well not have been 'straight' anyway
- all men in the setting become rapists and abusers in order to 'justify' her giving up on men, please don't do this
- the previous crush/boyfriend conveniently turns out gay himself (This CAN be done, but it's tricky)

I did enjoy the "But I'm a Cheerleader" intro where she had a boyfriend at first but was SO OBVIOUSLY bored by the whole thing, even if she didn't understand why. However many /u/ fans would prefer that you avoid having to draw making out with guys at all.
>>
>>2518634
That is an option. It is weird to go straight to gay in a moment. The struggling is a part in the main storyline I'm writing.
>>2518641
All of those four are things that I like to avoid. I'm also making the story in a European setting so the typical Asian view/execution of Gay relationships are absent.
>>
>>2518626
>>2518641
As for a plot I would personally enjoy while avoiding the 'kissing boys' part?

Teenage girl, has never had a boyfriend, has massive crushes on 'perfect' unattainable men: rock stars, actors, etc. She may have rose-rimmed fantasy sequences of them smiling at her, but she's obviously never going to meet or date these people. She knows some real-world boys but finds them all incredibly offputting for individual reasons and doesn't want to date them. They're not perfect like her rock stars.

Then for some reason she's pressured into getting a boyfriend. School prom is coming or Mom is worrying that she never dates or she bragged to everyone that she really was dating a rockstar and now she has to prove it, whatever. And somehow she ends up getting a girl to pretend to be her glamorous bishonen boyfriend (maybe it's a female penpal friend, maybe she hires a model, WHATEVER). So through the magic of clothes and makeup she has produced a boyfriend who is way more glamorous than reality could ever be, and they go on dates, and then she discovers she's actually getting into this.

Yes, it's a ridiculous plot, but it's the kind of ridiculous romantic drama that I personally find entertaining. And it can be handled with more or less angst as they get closer depending on how much the protagonist is still trying to convince herself that she's fantasising about her date being a boy and therefore she's straight even if they're having sex right?
>>
>>2518649
Well, I hate over the top drama that has very unrealistic or very unique situations. I would like to go for something more grounded, something that a lot of can relate to.
>>
>>2518647
>I'm also making the story in a European setting so the typical Asian view/execution of Gay relationships are absent.

So it's a "gays are literally the devil" setting?
>>
>>2518654
Modern Europe. Asian culture more often than not doesn't even acknowledge being Gay as a real thing, just a phase that kids/teenager go through and grow out of. Here it's more or less widely accepted even though it's still not the way it should be.
>>
>>2518655
That's a huge and not 100% true nowadays blanket statement on Asian culture, but alright carry on.
>>
>>2518660
Well, it's a statement I have seen thrown around here a lot and that's how it's often executed in Manga/anime/games. But you have a point, should not be saying things like that without properly knowing stuff.
>>
>>2517528
>No translations
Ahhhhhhhhhhh why?
>Loading weights system:There are many things player can get, but not all of them are useful.
Whyyyyyyyy?
>>
Is Lonely Yuri worth the money?
>>
>>2518670
Not on its own, no.
>>
>>2518670
it's fluff. when it was first translated we had nothing else to choose from. the english yuri scene has come a shockingly long way in just a few years. it is not worth $10, keep an eye for it to be on sale for a couple bucks.
>>
>>2518631
>it will be mentioned because I want something realistic
Yet another dumb straight male who has no idea what LGBT people actually go through yet make up whatever he thinks is "realistic."

Listen up manchild, the majority of lesbians do not come from straight to gay, even when raised in a heteronormative environment. Half of these women realize their homosexuality at around 5-12 y/o; the other half "think" they're straight (but never date boys) before discovering their sexuality during and after puberty. Very few lesbians actually dated guys because they realize it's not right right away; the ones who do are all under pressure to find a beard (this is the common experience both in western and homophobic Asian countries). The only women who finds no problem dating men before they go gay for other girls are bisexual, without exception.

People like you is the reason why abomination in a bind exists. Pathetic male fantasy deluded enough to think it's "realistic."
>>
>>2518626
A few things:

This is the nicest way I can say it: "No clearly stupid decisions." Do you understand why that one choice in Love Ribbon is frowned upon?

Sex appeal. Pic related are girls from otome games with stellar art. I don't play otome games, but a lot of the female designs are top notch. Generic, super young-looking moe girls are a dime a dozen and you need to be damn well sure your writing is worth enough damns to make your audience remember them. You don't need art to be this polished, just at least have an artist who can get body proportions to match the age range. See: Princesses's Maid, Kozaki Yusuke.

I would prioritize art over music. There are lots of free audio tracks online and if you have a good ear, you can just pick out some satisfactory ones if you need to put the cash elsewhere.

Take with a grain of salt, but this are rules I would give to myself.

Good luck!
>>
>>2518713
>Half of these [lesbian] women realize their homosexuality at around 5-12 y/o
/ll/ game? Yes please.
>>
>>2518714
>There are lots of free audio tracks online and if you have a good ear, you can just pick out some satisfactory ones if you need to put the cash elsewhere.
When people are having sex with that stock music you heard before in Kamen Rider, it kind of takes you out of the moment.
>>
>>2518725
But that's how you know it's hot-blooded.
>>
>>2518713
Wow, angry much. There are enough stories of people who only realized or accepted later in life that they were gay. Things aren't the same for everyone. And there is being Bi, which, my mistake, I didn't mention.

And really, talking about male fantasy in a genre that most people only read because Yuri is hot? Yeah.
>>
>>2518730
>in a genre that most people only read because Yuri is hot
get out
>>
>>2518721
My audience would have me burned at the stake if I let naked eight-year-olds kiss, regardless of whether it actually happened in my real life experiences
It didn't, sorry, just the usual bathing naked with best friends and 'let's pose like we're in playboy' when we were tweens
>>
>>2518730
Friendly advice:
While yes, it happened in real life, nobody here wants to play "I got married and had babies and was vaguely miserable for 35 years" in order to finally get to the gay parts. It's not fun, it's not interesting, and it doesn't teach us anything, because it's not like WE need to learn the idea that "girls can kiss girls?!?" the way that a sheltered christian housewife might.

Look, you asked what people here want, what they don't see in other VNs. The number one thing that pisses off /u/ is randomly jamming in het stuff with vague excuses for why. "oh, but it's hentai, what good would hentai be without tentacle rape and fucking your brother?" no.
>>
>>2518732
You need a better audience.
>>
>>2518730
Fuck off.
>>
>>2518730
>I want my game to be realistic, so here's my idea
>That's not realistic
>Hurr, it's yuri so who cares if it's a male fantasy instead of realistic

If you're just here for people to pat you on the back instead of listening to advice, just say that. Most of the "developers" who come here looking for advice are sure like to double down and get defensive instead of actually considering (not actually following through, but just considering) any advice that goes against their initial plan.
>>
>>2518802
I don't even get why anyone is putting any real thought in responding to them. Just another random anon with a "game idea" that will never be heard from again.

Probably even a troll considering they put the hetero idea in and anyone with half a brain would know how well /u/ would take that
>>
>>2518814
The part that made me suspect was claiming they have 15k banked and ready for it already. No one making a yuri VN has access to that kind of money from the start or they wouldn't need to ask for help to begin with.
>>
>>2518714
Who is the beauty on the left?
>>
>>2518670
I really enjoyed it, personally. Didn't regret paying the full price at all; admittedly, the translation was a bit awkward though.
>>
>>2518626
Completely nympho hetslut gets seduced and fucked gay by a cute girl, and finds herself turning in to a blushing yuri waifu who lives for the moment her girl comes home and kisses her in the doorway.
>>
>>2518905
The VN version of this then:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_a_lie_is_not_told_it_cannot_become_yuri
>>
>>2518714
>I don't play otome games, but a lot of the female designs are top notch.
Word. When I happened upon Code Realize I was blown away by Cardia's awesome dress.
>>
>>2518713
>LGBT
Nobody gives a fuck about the latter three here so stop using that shit here, it only makes you look like a tumblrfag.
>>
>>2518848
That cutie is the MC of Variable Barricade.
>>
Has anyone played Butterfly Soup here? Is it any good?
>>
>>2518988
It's short but rather funny and very cute. The main pair get together and I hope there's a sequel about the other two.
>>
>>2518679
Fluff is the best though.
>>
>>2518922
It's shorter than typing lesbian all the time. Getting triggered at every little thing like you do is the definition of a tumblrina. Fuck off, this ain't your safe space.
>>
>>2518906
The next chapter after that (minus the drugs) is more what I had in mind.
>>
>>2518988
The shittiest most obnoxious characters I've ever seen
>>
>>2518714
Who is the oneesan in the middle? She looks equal parts professional and sexy.
>>
>>2518988
>inspired by real life experiences!
>memes
Take a wild guess.
>>
>>2519083
YMMV. I hate that artstyle.
>>
We gonna organize something for the mangagamer survey this year or not? It was talked about but we never reached anything.

But if someone suggest again that old PS2 (and PS3) exclusive title i'm fucking done
>>
>>2519076
>>2519088
These anons know whats up.
>>
>>2519638
So what are we going to suggest?
Kimihane, Kotonoha Amrilato or Tokyo Necro? Maybe something else?
>>
>>2519638
Why is it a problem that Akai Ito is only on PS2 and PS3? Mangagamer have already ported a SonoHana game to Ren'Py.
>>
>>2519083
The middle and right are from the otome Collar X Malice.
>>
>>2519785
Just noticed there was an anon who made a list here >>2516940 might be a good start

It's just that almost every other board is preparing something while were being a disorganized mess again, which is fine, but I would like a little bit of unity and get at least a yuri title on the list

>>2519793
Don't know the details, but it's not even remotely the same to port a linear phone game to ren'py than a PS2 one. Also, old as fuck game, might not even be worth it.
>>
I'd suggest Kamitsure, finished it last year and I found it pretty decent, the male personality wasn't even involved in most routes.
>>
>>2519836
>Also, old as fuck game, might not even be worth it.
Mangagamer has published 9-10 year old titles but I'll admit that's a bit rare nowadays.
Also, I saw that anon's list already, I'm sad that we can't get Seisai or the Qualia games. That's why I posted those 3 games.
I'm ok with unity but what should we do? Make a poll here first?
>>
>>2519836
>but I would like a little bit of unity and get at least a yuri title on the list

That's impossible. For example, the only thing that gets my interest in those lists is Kotonoha. Some anons would vote for it because they're interested in porn, tho.

Also, I kinda hate how these companies come "hey, what should we get?". Like, do you fucking job instead of asking us. Try to get something interesting to sell. Doing that they're going just bring the most hyped shit, anyway.
>>
>>2519849
The licensing survey is more a method of engaging with the base and making them feel excited and involved with the process than anything else. Things that are requested are often not picked up, things that are picked up were often not requested. It's an engagement exercise.

That said, if they discover a strong thread of desire within the userbase that is possible and that they hadn't considered before, it can give them ideas, so it's not pointless.
>>
>>2519846
I don't know the benefits of picking an old yuri title over a new one. They have published old games it's true, but for a bigger market, not niche like yuri

And I don't know about a poll and how much we have until the survey drops, but it may be a good start

>>2519849
Why every other board can vote in unity but us? (for example that the otome crew picking 5 or 6 titles to go ask and get them on the list like last year)

If you're interested on it, vote, according to that anon's list there are tree possible games for us to pick, that one among them. Also, that game has zero porn

>>2519852
We got Sonohana out of that survey, the Rance folks got Rance and so on. The survey is not a guarantee, but as you said is to give them ideas.
>>
>>2519859
We don't even have that much titles. Thing is, we're a niche fanbase. For that to work, everyone would need to vote for the same title, what won't happen for sure. Otome fans can separate into five titles and still give a lot of votes for each, we can't.

Unless our vote is something like "bring more yuri"
>>
>>2519880
Well we could try concentrate votes on 1-2 titles. Otherwise we'll get Sonohana games until 2050
>>
Hi, I'm the anon who made the list. I didn't include Akai Ito, but let me say it's chances: Zero to none, the same reason why Mangagamer doesn't pick PSvita games for much acclaimed otomes, expensive to port and it's easier to get a PC game, not to mention that the licences for Sony (or Microsoft) are different from a PC game. And well, take a look at all the kickstarter projects for VNs that promised PSVita or PS4 ports, none of them have been made yet, and I'm talking about kickstarters made tree or four years ago or so. It's not worth it.

About the votes: Mangagamer survey has a total of three games you can ask for on the survey, not only one. If you all are going to follow my list (Kamitsure, Kotonoha Amrilato and Kamitsure) it will work perfectly if you all want to be organized.

Of course everyone can do whatever they want at the end and follow their interest. For example, I won't be able to ask for more than one yuri title, as I want to ask for another genres too. But being organized about this voting seems like a good idea for a board as small as /u/

I also forgot to mention the games from this company https://vndb.org/p1673, they are nothing fancy, but there may be someone interested on them around here. There should be no problems (that I may know) for a possible license.

>>2519846
I just wanted to clarify on the Qualia games, there may be a slim possibility for Jast USA to get them, just don't expect them anytime soon (it hurts me too)
>>
What about Anaheim Girls?
>>
>>2519936
Denpasoft already has a partnership with Fan-na (the company). I had to look at it because I had no idea that happened.
>>
>>2519935
>(Kamitsure, Kotonoha Amrilato and Kamitsure)

But I don't want Kamitsure twice.
no even once
>>
>>2519935
>>2519953
Fuck, I meant Kimihane, i'm sorry.

And I know, Kamitsure it's a... hard game to sell here. Not everyone is comfortable with the plot. I've never played it so no idea how much the double personality is involved, but this other anon said this >>2519837
>>
>>2519956
Problem isn't even his involvement, but why he's there.
If it's something like "I have personality disorder, I thought the male part of me made me like girls, but it turned out that I like girls", then it could be interesting.

But if it turns out: "I'm a 'normal' girl, but the male part of me makes me want to fuck girls", then it's bullshit.
>>
>>2519935
Guess I'm ignorant then. I thought for a port you just get the assets (art, script, audio etc.) and just put them in another engine.
Isn't that why the Akai Ito translation stopped, because they wanted to get an official release?
Anyway, I'll drop it for whatever we'll choose.
>>
>>2519956
As someone who has actually played the game, I think a lot of the controversy was pretty overblown. Mutsuki is undeniably gay and the other personality takes a backseat in most routes except one.

>>2519967
If you really want to know. The "male" side of her is part of the whole supernatural plot that's going on. There's a prince and princess fairy that came from the mirror world. The prince possessed Mutsuki, while the princess manifested as her roommate. Mutsuki was into girls (specifically her sister) before the possession even took place.
>>
Only one game has a cute girl teaching Esperanto by letting the protagonist touch her body. The top choice is obvious.

Sukera Sparo get more money to make cute yuri games and more people read Rin being gay as fuck. It's win-win.
>>
>>2519967
If even after what the other anon said to you, you're still not okay with that game, which is understandable, you have two other "major" possible games to choose, and there is that other company I mentioned before, hope you find something to your liking there

This thing may work even if everyone just votes for those other two (or the three if they're not bothered with Kamitsure's plot) games. The best of lucks /u/ can do it! I really want to see a yuri game on this year's list.

>>2519987
I'm just talking about it on a surface level since I'm no programmer, just someone who got an interest on it, but this guy https://twitter.com/the_doddler?lang=es works on the majority of VN releases (from Sekai, Mangagamer and Jast USA). You can ask him if you want.
>>
File: Akai Ito.png (14 KB, 678x180)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>2519996
I think we might get a yuri game on this year but most likely it's Sonohana. Keep in mind there's yuri fans outside of 4/u/
Also, found what I was looking for in a google doc. Looks like they spoke already with companies and probably with no success.
>>
>>2519992
I want to read it...I want to learn Esperanto too now...
>>
>>2520001
Sonohana is a given on the list and on the licences, since they sell pretty good (and I despise that saga, so go figure how much I like that information), but I would like other yuri title, if possible. And of course I know there are other yuri fans out there, but having a community organize something it's not bad either. But I'm not even the anon who suggested the /u/nion (is he/she or whatever still around here? because that anon should be the one organizing this), just someone who tried to help a while ago with a list.

Well, good luck for them if they're still talking with the companies. In that case, if we're being really positive, voting for Akai Ito (port difficulties aside) wouldn't do much either since there is already someone trying to get it out there. The same happened with Subahibi the past years, there was no reason to vote for it, because the translators were already on their way to get it licenced (and they made it!)
>>
>>2519990
That doesn't sound bad, although you can't blame people for not buying it when they can't promote spoilers.

Considering how much bullshit is made in the media, it's better to play it safe, sometimes.
>>
File: DTn5KekW4AAHTaa.jpg (107 KB, 850x830)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2519992
What was that called again?
>>
>>2520076
My little esperanto speaker can't be this cute (aka Kotonoha Amrilato)
>>
There's this game about a red haired girl whose mother (a blonde if I recall) was a possible route. What was this game?
>>
>>2520096
Seisai no Resonance
>>
>>2519990
It does make it clear that the prince wasn't the cause of her incestuous attraction, but the possession took place first, when she was in the womb. She was supposed to have been fully taken over by the prince if she hadn't had a twin.

The shared personality thing is frankly only a minor issue compared to the story being a nonsensical clusterfuck.
>>
>>2520103
>The shared personality thing is frankly only a minor issue compared to the story being a nonsensical clusterfuck.

This.
I played through one route (ojou-sama route) and was on my second playthrough (sister route) when I dropped it. It just didn't make much sense. I was surprised about the shared personality issue but didn't mind it much.
>>
>>2519638
>Kotonoha Amrilato
Top choice by far. Everyone should at least spare one vote for this in my opinion. It has wide appeal because esperanto is a unique idea and it could make a ton of money on steam because it isn't porn.
>Lilycycle Rainbow Stage!!!
No idea what the anon was thinking by suggesting not to request this just because it has CDs. The game is cute and if it means a higher chance that the CDs are done in the future then its even better.
>Majiyuri, Sapphism, Kimihane, Seisa, Yamiyo depending on your interests

That some anons are suggesting wasting a vote on a terrible game that is even worse because of the male personality shtick is insane to me. There are plenty of better games to keep on requesting even if they don't get picked one year or if the chances of their licensure aren't guaranteed. Kindred Spirits changed how MG will view the expense of acquiring yuri titles so there is no reason to pull your punches.
>>
>>2520362
>Everyone should at least spare one vote for this in my opinion
How many votes do you get?
>>
>>2519638
Is there anyway for Mangagamer to take over Flowers from Jast? It has been awhile since their promised release date.
>>
>>2520103
Agreed about the story being a bit of a clusterfuck. I'd still support it for being a rare example of a choose-a-girl style yuri game.

I'd favor Seisai no Resonance instead, but voting for that would be a waste considering the studio is dead. It might be technically possible for MG to acquire the rights, but I doubt they would bother getting the rights for a game that didn't sell well.
>>
>>2520386
Three apparently.
>>
>>2520394
Knowing the likelihood of this would require inside information that, if anyone here DID have, they would probably be in trouble for admitting.
My guess would be that it would have to be done on IG's end, it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for MG to just wander by and try to steal them.
>>
>>2520396
Wait a minute ... How is the list made though? Kotonoha might not even be on it. I don't want to have to choose between Sonohana and Sonohana
>>
>>2520406
We cannot know until they actually put it up. IIRC, usually MG asks a handful of random questions about what kind of games you would be interested in buying in general, and then at the end asks you if there are any specific titles you'd like to suggest.

So it's not like you're voting on a set list. The reason we're talking about it here ahead of time is that a group can make a bigger impact if 20 people all agree to ask for the same game rather than 20 different games.

Until the actual survey goes up, though, we don't know exactly what they'll ask or how many games we'll be able to suggest.
>>
>>2518626
Twenty american dollars says you never finish it.
>>
>>2520411
>rather than 20 different games.

To be fair, we don't have 20 different yuri games to choose from.
>>
File: 41305.jpg (92 KB, 800x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2520430
Depends on how desperately people scrape the doujin barrel.
>>
File: bg529.jpg (96 KB, 640x480)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2520461
or the completely impractical
>>
File: 7228.jpg (98 KB, 800x600)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>2520462
things we will definitely never get
>>
>>2520362
>Lilcycle
Is wishfull thinking to think the game will do as good as Kindred Spirits to guarantee the drama CD's to get the complete story, there are 12 of those, not just three like KS.

>Kimihane
How is Kimihane wasting a vote (or Majiyuri if you're into that)? It's actually on the list of possibles
>>
>>2520478
I interpreted that post as saying there was no need to vote for Kamitsure when you could vote for Kimihane/Majiyuri/etc and it MIGHT not be a total waste.

I actually want to play Kamitsure though, it looks cute. If the plot is a bit dumb in places, well, that's hardly unusual in VNs. Love Ribbon's plot is shit and people loved it anyway.
>>
>>2520482
Then it's even worse because the anon os suggesting voting for games from a dead company (Yamiyo and Seisai). I'll take a "bad" (or with a clusterfuck of a plot) yuri game over an unexistent one any day.
>>
Forgot to say this: The way I see it, this is pretty simple.

We have three votes on the survey, and three "most likely to get" yuri games, beikg those: Kotonoha Amrilato, Kimihane and Kamitsure (controversy aside). So we should aim at those. Even better, if you don't like Kamitsure, you can change it, it's fine, just vote for Majiyuri, a yuri indie game or any other of your liking (even if it's not yuri), we will still have a lot of votes for the other two if we still group up
>>
File: rin soifas rukan.jpg (278 KB, 1286x771)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
If Kotonoha Amrilato gets localized, I hope the drama CD does as well. The game only really goes as far as kissing and petting (plus whatever you imagine happens during the fade-to-black, I suppose), which makes sense given Ruka's age, but it's nice to see that Rin isn't the only one that gets soifas.
>>
>>2520362
This is probably how I'll be voting.
>>
>>2509653
The final decision is set up as you can only pick one.
I went for the reasonable correct answer, got the bad ending and actually really liked it.

Just reloaded to pick the other answer and the first line after picking is I'll just do the other thing another day.

I'm thinking the bad ending is going to be the better ending of the two.
>>
File: 1487039260432.jpg (118 KB, 1440x810)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Finally finished SeaBed after binge reading the last 1/3 of it tonight. It's absolutely fucking ruined me, but it was so beautiful.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (837 KB, 758x423)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
DBFZ added Android/Majin 21 and appearently she's like Buu in the sense that she turns her opponents into candy or in her case macarons, what does that mean?
>>
In Shovel Knight, can you only change the gender of Shovel Knight or on the other playable characters as well? Or can you change everyone's gender?
>>
You can request yuri visual novels you'd like to see translated here in MangaGamer's annual licensing survey.

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/953725927443324928
>>
>>2521160
Alright, I gave Kotonoha one of the votes. Let's hope we get something good!
>>
>>2521160
Ok, I did it. It was probably useless, but I did it.
>>
>>2521160
Voted for Kotonoha Amrilato, Lilycycle Rainbow Stage!!! and Kimihane.

I hope yuri voters can tip the balance in our favor.
>>
File: MoreOf.png (37 KB, 600x460)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>2521177
They do want to know if people want more of something.
>>
File: 1478892781538.jpg (48 KB, 798x809)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2521184
Yeah, I think there was also a question about what you like the most in a VN, with a relationship type as an answer (GxG for us ofc)
>>
>>2521184
I voted only on that, too.
>>
File: 1498155635425.png (2.17 MB, 5000x5000)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>2521198
>primarily female
>>
>Gender: Other
I was unaware extraterrestrial entities used those kinds of polls.
>>
>>2521433
Hey some of us are faceless internet robots and that's okay.
>>
>>2521438
How did you get past Captcha to post here?
>>
>>2521502
I bribed it with pictures of stop signs and cars.
>>
Is Kindred Spirits a yuridanshi or a yurijoshi game? I'm inclined to think that it's a game created by men, for men, especially considering the art style. Can anybody else confirm?
>>
>>2521518
It's a game created by yuri lovers, for yuri lovers. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>2521531

Yeah, sure it is, but there's a big difference between male yuri lovers and female yuri lovers. So I'm asking: Is Kindred Spirits on the Roof a game made by male yuri lovers for male yuri lovers, or is it a game made by female yuri lovers for female yuri lovers?
>>
>>2521534
Anon already answered your question
>>
One of the nicest things about yuri that contributes to how comparatively quickly it evolves is that unlike yaoi / bara, there IS no stupid divide like how gay stuff for girls and gay stuff for gay guys are two totally different genres with close to no interaction. Please desist.
>>
>>2521537

No, they didn't. Is Kindred Spirits yuridanshi or yurijoshi. That's my question. Which is it?

>>2521538

Except, there's a stark divide. Are you really going to tell me that Hanabiri is a yuri series for women? No, of course it's not. It's a yuri series for men, who want to get off to young teenage girls having sex with one another.

Now answer my question: Is Kindred Spirits yuridanshi, or yurijoshi?
>>
>>2521543
>Are you really going to tell me that Hanabiri is a yuri series for women? No, of course it's not. It's a yuri series for men
Troll confirmed.
Kindly see yourself out
>>
>>2521543
>Is Kindred Spirits yuridanshi, or yurijoshi?

No, it isn't.

Now go away and stop trying to force everything into meaningless and divisive boxes.
>>
>>2521545

What about that quoted statement makes you think that I'm a "troll"? Hanabira is 100% a porn game for men. How can you even think otherwise? That's an actual question, by the way. I'm genuinely curious as to how you can think that Hanabira is anything else but something for men to get off to.
>>
>>2521547

It's not "meaningless and divisive". It's and incredibly important contrast based in the way that men and women view sexual and romantic relationships differently. Men make romance stories and porn based off of the way that men view sexual and romantic relationships, and women make romance stories and porn based off of the way that women view sexual and romantic relationships. That's just a fact. I don't know why you're trying to deny this incredibly self-apparent fact. Men and women are different. The stories that men and women write are different. The stories that men write are meant for men. The stories that women write are meant for women. Period. It's that simple.
>>
>>2521548
There is no delineation between "porn for women" and "porn for men" except whatever is in your head.

There's just porn. Some people will like it and some people won't. Some of them may be men and some may be women.
>>
>>2521551
Seriously, go away. I'm sure tumblr or somewhere would eat your shit right up.
>>
>>2521554

All I'm trying to do is ask a simple question: Is Kindred Spirits yuridanshi or yurijoshi? I don't know why you feel the need to accuse me of being "tumblr" just because I'm trying to ask a question.

>>2521553

There's a stark delineation between "porn for women" and "porn for men". I don't have any of the studies on hand right now, but there is evidence that women flat out cannot enjoy the same porn that men enjoy, and that men flat out cannot enjoy the same porn that women enjoy, and that any perceived enjoyment of male-focused porn by women or female-focused porn by men is "false enjoyment", brought about by internalized psychological factors of gender betrayal.
>>
>>2521559
You're trying to ask a meaningless question that serves only to divide up a fandom based on an utterly meaningless criteria. Instead, try something with any actual substance whatsoever - for instance, "I value [foo] in yuri games. Would I like [game]?, rather than trying to force people to guess what you image "yuri for women" is supposed to mean.

So I reiterate: go away.
>>
>>2521560

Alright then.

"I value storylines and characters developed and written by women and for women in yuri games. Would I like Kindred Spirits on the Roof?"

Is that better?
>>
>>2521561
Whichever answer makes you least likely to play it.

Alternatively, if your entire criteria is "does the writer have breasts", google it yourself and stop being a lazy troll.
>>
>>2521563

"Does the writer have breasts?" isn't the question I was asking, since "trans" women can have breasts and write stories that, ostensibly and at first glance, are written by a woman, but, in reality, "trans" women still write stories with the mentality of men that they were born with.
>>
>>2521566
/u/ isn't any better at deciding if the writers that you are perfectly capable of looking up yourself have you-approved breasts than you are.

Which rather belies your claim that the thing you value is simply being "developed and written by women", which people who played the game would have no more idea about than anyone else, as opposed to containing some special markers or qualities which you refuse to divulge that you imagine are exclusive to female writers, which people who played the game would be aware of.
>>
>>2521580
Then we return once again to "google it yourself and stop being a lazy troll".

Ideally, then follow that with "go away".
>>
>>2521585
/u/'s spokeswoman here. We all realize that now, so feel free to leave.
>>
>>2521585
Here's the thing. If you can't predict the gender of the writer based on the product itself, it doesn't matter.

Remember that things like Sakura Trick and Tachibanakan is created by women. That makes no difference.
>>
>>2521601
Come on, it's been an hour since their last fit. No sense in prodding them any more.
>>
>>2521585
Conterpoint: Wife and wife is the best yuri ever created
>>
This was the most amazing sperging out I've seen in months around here. 10/10
>>
File: 1500683643461.jpg (123 KB, 731x444)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
But anon everyone knows girls don't look at porn.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (131 KB, 342x685)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>2521676
The Umineko fighting game got cards on steam and chose the gayest route to represent one of the cards. So that's cool.

Sorry I felt like I had to tell someone.
>>
>>2521580
I'M GOING TO PUT THINGS IN CAPS SO PEOPLE LISTEN!

Go away cunt. Nobody gives a shit about you.
>>
File: 1411945672174.jpg (97 KB, 599x700)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>playing Rimworld
>have female doctor (32) and mechanic (24)
>after many rebuffed attempts at flirting, the mechanic has finally stopped denying her feelings for her senpai and now they are getting married

Time to build an army of supersoldiers to protect their happiness.
>>
File: 52564.jpg (191 KB, 800x600)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Don't forget to suggest to Mangagamer to license Class Zen'in Maji de Yuri?! ~Watashi-tachi no Rezu Oppai wa Anata no Mono Joshi Zen'in Shiofuki Keikaku~, a females only harem eroge

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/01/17/the-2018-licensing-survey/
>>
>>2522277
Cast my vote.

Maybe I'll actually bother finishing it when I can actually read it without half-baked machine translation.
>>
Asked this in the Touhou thread but never got a response. Are there any yuri Touhou fan games? There's a long list on MoriyaShrine of games but I have no idea if any of them have that sweet sweet yuri nectar I crave.
>>
>>2521518
>>2521534
>>2521543
>>2521548
>>2521551
>>2521559
>>2521561
>>2521566
You will enjoy Kindred Spirits if you like yuri that focuses on plot and relationships. Now please leave. Yuri is blind. It doesn't need named divisions like that. Plenty of boys like more "feminine" yuri and I know for a fact several girls that prefer the raunchier stuff.
>>
>>2522389
How are you even replying? Those posts are long deleted. Scratch that WHY are you replying?
>>
File: 1511588333991.gif (1.72 MB, 500x522)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB GIF
>>2522393
Sorry. They don't look deleted to me for some reason.
>>
>>2522393
>>2522394
They're not deleted for me either.
>>
Only one post was deleted, but don't feed the troll / idiot either way.

That said, this thread has certainly been educational. For instance, it turns out that since I'm male and get physically turned on reading most lesbian fiction with sex scenes, according to >>2521559 that proves that Jane Fletcher and Jae and just about every other Western lesfic author are all actually guys. Pretty big scandal when that comes out, if you ask me.
>>
>>2522386
Eastern Starlight Romance, although that's not finished and they haven't written anything on their blog for over a year. Probably will take a couple more years until it's done.
>>
File: 1494158538774.jpg (68 KB, 462x405)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>2522420
Looks neat. Looking into it I see that the developer has posted on the forums about a week and a half ago now. Seems hope is not lost.

http://dsd.faceroll.net/forums/index.php?/topic/313-ask-a-developer/page__st__100
>>
>>2522277
Why would we want that? It seems really really bad.
>>
>>2522431
Because there are so many het harems and not many of yuri, that said the story isn't anything amazing but a yuri harem is pretty novel
>>
>>2522438
For the hell of it I voted for it. Are there any videos out there of it? I can't find any.
>>
>>2522429
Good to know they're still alive and kicking. Progress has been going slow over the past couple years and it often worries me that they might give up. But it's always been said they're going to finish it, no matter how long it takes. And the demo is pretty great, I do like the story a lot, so here's hoping nothing happens to them.
>>
I asked for Seisai no Resonance, Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!, and Class Zen'in Maji de Yuri?! when doing the survey.
>>
File: 1483505809143.png (548 KB, 790x720)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>2520017
https://twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/953012150791938048
>Keep in mind that it's challenging to build new relationships in business, so suggestions from existing MG partners are much more likely to become a reality.
More Sono Hana it is.
>>
>>2522565
Here we have someone that didn't even read the thread... Seisai no Resonance company went bankrupt, you just throw away a vote (possibly two with Lilycle Rainbow Stage too)
>>
>>2522606
Maybe. But their vote probably won't count much if they don't want new partners. Sapphism probably has the biggest chances since MG already worked with Liar Soft before.
But that game does look rapey from some CGs.
>>
>>2522438
The story not being amazing is one thing, but then there's the fact that you got a button that coats the girls in semen after every sex scene.

Vote for seisai no resonance instead.
>>
>>2522611
Isn't it a pee button? I thought you could change the transparency of it to match your hydration preferences, but maybe I'm remembering something else.
>>
>>2522611
There's also a scene where the mc fantasizes about being raped and impregnated by disgusting men. Dropped and uninstalled immediately after that.
>>
>>2522619
https://exhentai.org/g/608722/df9a1c2e9b/
>>
>>2522626
Gross, but it's not like you have to push the button.
>>
>>2522632
It shouldn't exist. It offends me deeply, and I wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>2522632
>>2522694
I'm pretty sure they could remove it. I've heard of english versions having removed content. But I don't think MG will pick it up anyway.
>>
>>2522626
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>2522623
There is nothing of the sort in the CGs though, is that text only?
>>
>>2522704
Text only. But what I gathered from reviews is that there are several such situations.
>>
You know, with only three suggestions available it's not like there's not more than enough good stuff to vote for without having to resort to a trashy nukige made by a company specializing in trashy nukige and just trying to ignore all of the aspects clearly made to appeal to straight male otaku self-inserting rather than yuri fans.
>>
>>2522386
The Tokai no Abaraya VNs are all yuri. There are some futa scenes but few and far between.
>>
>>2522702
>I've heard of english versions having removed content.
Like the Glossary in Nurse Love Addiction.
>>
>>2522606
And that stops a localization because? If enough people ask for it and they feel it would be worth their time they could find a developer who would implement the changes. After all from what I understand IP of a bankrupt company has to belong to someone.
>>
>>2522586
Why live?

>>2522817
Not the same anon but, let me explain it, I don't know the full details of how licensing laws after the bankrupt of a company work in Japan, but I can tell you there has been no precedents of any of that happening on the VN market as far as I'm concerned, not for bigger and more profitable genres (every other eroge, basically) and not for better companies (RIP Elf). On top of that, Mangagamer already has a game from a company that went bankrupt after they adquired the license of that game ('If you love me then say so' for more info), that was in 2016, no news have been said about the status of that, only that is translated and edited (and that was also on 2016, makes you wonder why the long wait), so limbo it is.
>>
>>2522894
speaking of gamesin limbo wtf happened with bokuten?
>>
>>2522817
>After all from what I understand IP of a bankrupt company has to belong to someone.
Sadly, not always the case, that is part of the problem. The rights can get lost in limbo because its no longer anyones job to deal with it
>>
>>2522913
It's now in scripting, I think, they announced it not long ago. Luckily Overdrive (now LevoL) owns Mangagamer and after their bankrupt their licenses didn't have any (major) problems. It explains the four (five?) years of wait, tho.
>>
>>2520017
>Sonohana is a given
https://twitter.com/AXYPB/status/953740203218362371
I think MG might be saying "Thanks for the Kindred Spirits money. Now we'll give you some nukige once in a while when we'll feel like it. "
>>
>>2523235
https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/898678496918216704
It's not just that. Maidens of Michael was fully translated and edited 5 months ago and it just got into beta testing last week. Seems like they just don't care that much anymore.
>>
>>2523247
Or maybe it could be that they want to stagger their releases, and the fact that they're a pretty small company still and don't have tons of QA employees.
>>
>>2523235
Nah, it's not that. As we've seen the yuri market it's really small (it doesn't help that every other company saw the success of KS and went yuri crazy all of a sudden trying to replicate it, and we all know part of the great success of KS was the 'FIRST PORN GAME ON STEAM' that some news sites said). There are not enough available titles to go after either, and then we have the obvious "Majiyuri is trash because it appeals to men", "Kamitsure's alter ego is bullshit and not yuri", "Lilcycle Rainbow is an incomplete product without the drama CD's", not saying I agree or disagree with that, just stating what has been said. So yeah, there is that.

I've said it before, I don't like Sonohana and I would like a little bit more of variety, but i get why is the only thing we have (from Mangagamer) at the moment.

>>2523247
It might be because New Gen. didn't sold as much as RHWM (/jp/ was debating how MoM will do better because it will be on Steam). Or just because Mangagamer has a big backlog now and they just release one game a month (two if one of them is small). What's five months (as someone who works on translation, that's basically nothing) among the four years of Bokuten or the wait between each individual chapter of Higurashi?
>>
I suppose we need a new thread soon. Any big news need a feature?
>>
>>2523480
Kindred Spirits Remake is out in less then a week.
>>
>>2522586
Since I don't care about SonoHana...So much for nothing.
Well, Kotonoha is easy to read in japanese, at least.
>>
File: Euphoric.png (1.32 MB, 1027x621)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>2523542
>tfw can't read moonrunes
>>
>>2523546
Learning japanese is really easy, but also really hard. I can read it and I can understand it, but since I need to recognize some 2000 kanjis and I can, at max, recognize some 500, I do rely on KanjiTomo a lot, what can be annoying, so I usually go for english version if avaiable.

That being said, I recommend it, because learning japanese is really easy if you just want to read it (and most yuri works are simple to read, anyway).
It becomes hellish hard if want to write/speak it, tho.
>>
Sono is fucking great and /u/'s most iconic VN
>>
>>2523555
I liked the first Sono games. They were my first yuri VNs but I don't care for New Generation. Maybe I'm tired after so many of them.
>>
>>2523555
If you played one of them, you played them all.
>>
>>2523552
Thanks for the advice, reading does sound easier but I don't think I'm dedicated enough to spend years of my time just so I can understand visual novels.
>>
>>2523555
>/u/'s most iconic VN

I mean, sure, when you have nothing else as a referent it's normal to have it as a most iconic VN (I'm talking about when we didn't have this new yuri "wave", when there were just Sonohana and Aoishiro to read). It's the Yume Miru Kusuri of yuri VN's, a babies' first VN. Which is fine, nothing against the people who likes it, but not everyone has to.

My problem with the saga is that, first: I usually don't like nukige (no problem with +18 VN, most times I prefer them, I just want a plot to follow too), and second: it's really boring (I have just read the first two, but still. I agree with this anon >>2523559)

Of course, that's just me. Sorry for wanting some other (japanese) yuri VN and not just Sonohana 'till the end of times.
>>
>>2523555
Yes.
>>
>>2523521
Search for Kindred Spirits remake turns up nothing relevant. Are you sure about this?
>>
>>2523650
More than likely only JP version.
>>
>>2523650
>>2523652
http://www.liar.co.jp/yuri_full-chorus/index.html
>>
>>2523655
>Over $100 to import a game disc, a drama cd, and a small cloth with yuna and hina printed on it
I can't believe I pre-ordered this. Yuri is going to ruin me.
>>
>>2523655
this site keeps failing to load for me, is it a no-foreigners exclusion?
>>
File: DUAggIhUMAAv3c6.jpg (113 KB, 1200x675)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Apparently this game will be yuri
>>
>>2523733
and what might 'this game' be
>>
>>2523740
This game. Y'know, by that creator? It was being hyped by those people.

It might even be better than that game.
>>
>>2523746
But will it be as good as Sonohana?
>>
>>2523740
https://twitter.com/vnstudioelan/status/954799090537193475
>>
>>2523756
The art is nice but the story synopsis isn't my cup of tea. It looks like they have another yuri vn in the works but that one sounds like even more of a downer. Hopefully it turns out better than my assumptions since the art is really nice but I won't get my hopes up.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.