[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Zenkai no Rabu Raibu: >>2503591
anuary 1st- Dia Kurosawa’s Birthday (Aqours)
January 6th- Aqours Fan Meeting at Fukuoka Sunpalace, Fukuoka
January 17th- Hanayo Koizumi’s Birthday (µ's)
January 23rd- Kasumi Nakasu’s Birthday (PDP)
January 26th- LLSS BDDVD Volume 2 Released.
January 31st- Miyu Kubota’s Birthday (Karin Asaka’s VA) (PDP)

Some more links:
https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff
https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF
https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF_AC
>>
First for YouRiko
>>
File: 62319927_p0.png (397 KB, 1200x1200)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
Second for Jimo Ai
>>
File: 4cc99a84.jpg (132 KB, 671x1000)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
How do you feel about RinPana? It tends to get overlooked because it isn't exactly the flashiest ship around, but I like it a lot. Despite being the more passive and timid person by nature, Hanayo more or less has to take initiative for anything to happen in their relationship because of Rin's insecurity over her body and general immaturity, which makes for an interesting dynamic. The anime also draws attention to their bodies more than any of the other girls (Rin's body image issues, Hanayo's eating and weight gain), which is why it feels natural to imagine them touching each other.

This is a good fic on the topic:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5451239
>>
>>2509702
its the cutest pairing
> It tends to get overlooked
are you sure? theyre the 3rd of 4th couple most popular
>>
Their the most fluffy couple
>>
>>2509714
It's popular only because it has no competitors. Compared to NicoMaki and NozoEli it doesn't have a lot of fanworks because it's basically taken for granted from the get-go.
>>
>>2509714
There's a pretty big drop after NicoMaki and NozoEli, though. It's rare to see fics or translated doujins where they're the focus rather than a side couple.
>>
>>2509729
>It's popular only because it has no competitors
of course it has no competitors theyre made for each other
>>2509731
>It's rare to see fics or translated doujins where they're the focus rather than a side couple.
its a shame because ive seen good stuff but its not translated. if only the english fandom cared more about them but instead of that we get ot3 shit or things like
>they're the focus rather than a side couple.
>>
>>2509702
My favorite pair in this franchise. It is so innocent looking, pure, heartwarming and them being together is just pleasure to look at.
Anime sold me this pair brilliantly. We saw how Rin encouraged Hanayo to join Muse and we've seen the lengths Hanayo went to encourage Rin to be the center. I agree that Hanayo would be the first one to make her move. She is much more mature as we've seen how instead of blindly forcing Rin to be the center she actually asked others for advice first before making up her mind. They want only what's best for each other and they make excellent couple.
>>
File: 64532511_p4_master1200.jpg (177 KB, 650x650)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
i love yoshimaru.
>>
File: 1481684979219.jpg (264 KB, 900x900)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>2509759
And Yoshiko loves Maru's marus.
>>
File: DKqKOADVwAIVKNZ.png (395 KB, 600x700)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>2509761
i wish i was yoshiko.
>>
I like Yoshimaru's relationship a lot. It's not the usual mature and silly pair, but both of them being weirdos.
>>
File: 39143330_p9.png (311 KB, 600x700)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>
>>2509702
I really like it.
>Hanayo more or less has to take initiative
That's interesting, because if I recall correctly Rin was making more advances herself in SIF.
>>
>>2509702
If I want pure, comfy, and lovey dovey, RinPana is where I go.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (863 KB, 1412x2000)
863 KB
863 KB JPG
>>2509802
Dandelion Reversi is one of my fav doujins because of how fluffy and comfy they are. Also the way the artist draws boobs looks so squishy and pleasant.
>>
File: diachika pet play.jpg (85 KB, 280x832)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/co2death/status/947859673872457728
>>
>>2509791
they never act like mature at all. But rubymary does.
>>
>>2509864
meant to say rubymaru. They have more sense than yoshimaru.
>>
>>2509865
RubyMari is something that I didn't know I want to see.
>>
File: DM6GYx_UQAAEbfX.jpg (70 KB, 560x585)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2509868
What would Dia have to say about this?
>>
File: 60152722_p4.jpg (62 KB, 431x607)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2509821
I love this guy's work
>>
>>2509591
>anuary
This is what happens when you mindlessly copy and paste.
>>
Rubymaru making more sense than Yoshimaru? What nonsense is this? Rubyleah is where it's at. Besides Yoshimaru act more like a couple (which they are) while Ruby and Maru act more like the friends they are.
>>
File: proudparents.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>2509922
It's more like YoshiMaru are two mommies who approve of Ruby's new Saint Snow girlfriend.
>>
Yes, Yoshimaru act like a married couple already. They take good care of their daughter Ruby.
>>
>>2509797
Rin tends to be a lot less innocent outside the anime. She also flirts with Maki shamelessly in SIF, usually in front of Hanayo, and some incarnations of her are very receptive to Nozomi's advances. It's not a bad look for her, but I think I still prefer a more bashful Rin.
>>
>>2509870
Unironically this would be a great couple. Dia being the most protective big sis makes it even better.
>>
File: IMG_3842.jpg (296 KB, 815x543)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>2509931
>>2509922
RubyMaru are besties for sure but YoshiMaru is truly like an old married couple.
>>
>>2509748
>we've seen the lengths Hanayo went to encourage Rin to be the center.
I'm not the biggest fan of Rin's arc in the anime (wow, yet another anime tomboy who just wants to wear frilly dresses), but Hanayo's treatment of her in that episode redeemed it for me. It shows beautifully how well she knows both what Rin wants, why she's afraid of pursuing it and how to best convince her to go for it.
>>
>>2509791
I like it more than YoshiRiko. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error232.png (907 KB, 1280x720)
907 KB
907 KB PNG
>>2510123
Given that Shiitake is female, do you think RikoxShiitake is preferable to YoshiRiko?
>>
>>2510126
Anything is preferable to YoshiRiko.
>>
File: DSaoR_9V4AEjk9O.jpg (142 KB, 1200x1082)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>
File: 66187131_p21.png (1.42 MB, 1600x1600)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
What are your guy's thoughts on YouRiko? I'm a big Jimo Ai fan and i'm bummed that we didn't get it this season, and I also ship ChikaRiko, but for some reason I don't really hate YouRiko. I kind of like the idea of a genki tomboy being with a smart elegant girl. The fanart is nice as well but I feel weird when i look at it, probably because I just want Youshiko instead.
>>
File: 64555358_p0.jpg (2.11 MB, 3592x2540)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>2510476
I like the way they look together. I didn't ship them with anyone so I thought, why not. I'm glad they get a surprising large amount of fanart.
>>
>>2510476
I only see them as sisters. I don't like to ship them if I know the two aren't interested with eachother. I always prefer the original ships like chikariko, rubymaru and youshiko.
>>
File: 59093168_p4.jpg (551 KB, 800x1131)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>2510476
I can see them liking each other, but I only accept it as part of ChikaRikoYou. I still prefer just ChikaRiko.
>>
>>2509922
rubymaru have more good development going on together while yoshimaru got nothing but acting like autistic characters
>>
>>2510476
Not really, no. I can not even imagine what would their interactions be or what kind of chemistry they would have. To be quite honest I'm not shipping You with anyone. Closest believable partner for her is Chika, but it is hard to against much stronger, in all mediums, ChikaRiko. She doesn't work in OT3 either because it looks just awkward, this is definitely not HonoKotoUmi, You just looks like a third wheel when she's with them.
>>
File: 59826997_p0.png (974 KB, 1000x1000)
974 KB
974 KB PNG
>>2510476
I like it but only in a aesthetic way. They look good together but don't really have any chemistry. Their relationship would be purely sexual, basically obligated to do it for an OT3 with Chika or even cheating on her for X reason.
>>
File: 65285121_p1.jpg (916 KB, 2000x1500)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>>2510715
Are you me? Although, I admit I am warming up to the idea of YouRiko by a lot.
>>
>>2510715
>>2510763
How does ChikaRikoYou work really?
HonoKotoUmi and KananMariDia work because those trios are very close friends since childhood so an OT3 is believable, but how does ChikaRikoYou start? Does You basically crawl up to Chika and Riko and says"I'm so lonely please let me join in"?
>>
>>2510476
they look good together but thats it, like >>2510762 said
> don't really have any chemistry
>>
>>2510764
It requieres bending the characters. Riko doesn't really cares specially about You, and viceversa. People will ship it anyways.
>>
>>2510764
>How does ChikaRikoYou work really?
it doesnt
>but how does ChikaRikoYou start?
chika feeling sorry for You and riko wouldnt opose to her because she doesnt want Chika to feel sad
I would rather have her ending up alone than pairing her with someone who will make no sense
>>
>>2510764
It doesn't work. It is a love triangle no matter how hard you are looking at it.
>>
File: 65285121_p2.jpg (1.62 MB, 2500x1875)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>2510764
That's a really weird way of looking at it. I can see You's jealousy at first becoming something way more complicated. Maybe thinking, "What does Chika see in her?" And then she starts hanging out with Riko more, and before she realizes it, she's fallen for both of them. Little does she know that they've had their eyes on her all this time. It's usually overlooked because of "muh childhood", but the dynamic is interesting if you look at it. Problem with /u/ is that they treat the anime as the only thing that exists when there's SIF, SIDs, drama CDs, manga, and their interactions in Dengeki. There's so much more but instead people would rather jump into stupid arguments over the anime of all things – it's sad.
>>
>>2510859
>Problem with /u/ is that they treat the anime as the only thing that exists
Didn't this happen to µ's too?
On that note, Riko and You does get along pretty well in SIF.
>>
>>2510380
Okay then, I'll start working on a RikoxShiitake yuri bestiality doujin just for you.
>>
File: 1494387222148.jpg (245 KB, 1200x1016)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>2510767
How about this: Chika and Riko will have a daughter who looks just like Chika and You eventually will molest her and seduce her. Only vuable cure for You's loneliness at this point.
>>
>>2510898
ive read a couple of mango with that plot
>>2510859
we know that they've had their eyes on her, we saw that in the rainy episode, but I and I think many others dont see You falling in love with Riko, I think if she starts hanging out with Riko she'll end up trying to act like her rather than falling in love, she would do it just so that Chika could notice her more. I dont see their dynamic interesting at all
>woah chika this chika that
no thanks
>Problem with /u/ is that they treat the anime as the only thing that exists when there's SIF, SIDs, drama CDs, manga, and their interactions in Dengeki.
going by that You have more chances to end up dating different girls rather than the OT3, as far as I know riko and You dont have that great chemistry in any of those materials, yeah their relationship is better than in the anime but not >they like each other tier
>>
File: 58974870_p0.jpg (1.14 MB, 850x1283)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>2510912
If we're going based off everything but the anime then obviously ChikaRiko wins, but there is still YouChika. Youshiko is a lot stronger thanks to Jimo Ai and some various artwork with them. From the manga we also get YouMaru.
>>
>>2510926
yeah thats why if you want to take in consideration all the available material well you'll realize that the OT3 is less likely to happen
>>
File: 18.png (375 KB, 738x1866)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
>>2510775
Not true. It's actually a harem.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (444 KB, 1224x2062)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>2510859
I've viewed a lot of the other material and I'll repeat what was already said: OT3 doesn't work.

Its nothing like the µ's 2nd years. For comparison, all the material shown for Honoka, Kotori and Umi is they are inseparable. It hammers the fact that they grew up together and complement each other perfectly. SIF even made a polygamy joke by the characters themselves.

For Chika the only one who can compare to this kind of closeness is Kanan since they were raised together. One which the anime completely ignores (I'm still salty about that). Her relationship with Riko though, is basically portrayed on romanticized narrative. Their first meeting is painted as "destiny" with all the cheesy visual flair. Riko in SIF describes her meeting with Chika as "life changing". They perfectly match their skills, creating music and lyrics together.

Other material though treats You is basically treated as "that friend of Chika" and not much else. The anime is actually the one that explores this relationship the most. It shows how ChikaYou are not actually very close, showing flashbacks of Chika basically rejecting any of You's offers to be together.

Its actually an interesting contrast with µ's 2nd years: Honoka's extroverted nature made the two different personalities work with each other to make OT3 viable. Chika more introverted nature though meant that poor You is left rejected and pining for Chika. Unfortunately the writers basically treat You like crap so this is never explored. We never actually get any context why You puts up with Chika despite being dumped constantly. She's such a wasted character
>>
File: g2.jpg (356 KB, 2000x1500)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>
>>2510964

>Q1: What is the origin of the name Riko?
Um, it's kind of embarrassing to say this, but my parents actually gave me that name because they wanted me to be beautiful. Apparently, my father's always liked reading Classical Chinese poetry... It seems there was this beautiful Chinese woman called Yang Kuei-fei, who was likened to pure-white pear blossoms. Um, s-sorry about that! I do wish I could be beautiful like Yang Kuei-fei too, but that didn't really work out, huh? Ehehe.

>Q2: If you could have a part-time job, what would it be?
After seeing Chika cheerfully working at her inn, I feel like customer service might be a little hard for me, so maybe I could work in the back? I like cooking quite a bit, so I think I'd like to be part of the kitchen staff at a fast food place. Oh, but we don't have any of those here. Hehe. Oh, I also think I could tutor small children, so I'd like to try that too when I get older.

>Q3: When did you start liking to draw?
My parents tell me that I'd always scribble when I was little. If I had a drawing pad and crayons, I'd just play with those forever. When I was in elementary school, I went to an art school too. Oh, but I wasn't serious about it or anything. It was ultimately just a game to me, or really, I just did it because I thought it was fun, but I wasn't any good at it. My old drawings have all these princesses in them, it's kind of embarrassing.

>Q4: I want to learn to play the piano, but how do I become good at it?
I'm not any good at playing the piano either, so I can't speak with any sort of authority, but what my teacher would tell me was to move my fingers every day. Part of playing the piano is something your body has to learn, so I think what's important is to play every day, even if it's just a little bit. And also, I tend to sing along while I play. If you get bored of playing the piano, that's one way to refresh it and make it fun.
>>
File: g3c.jpg (330 KB, 1648x1348)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>Q1: When did you become a fallen angel?
Hm, probably when I was born? After all, I've always, always had bad luck, as far back as I can remember. The permanent mark of a fallen angel must be carved deeply somewhere on my soul. But, if you're asking when I realized this, then that's a different question. Nobody ever told me that I was actually a demon, so I used to think it was all my fault that my luck was so trrible. Oh, poor Yohane! I awakened to the truth when I was in middle school. That's when my life as a little demon began!

>Q2: What do you want to be when you grow up?
For now, I want to succeed as an idol, become famous, and then convert the entire nation, and the entire world into my Little Demons. It might be hard to keep on being an idol once I'm older, so I'll switch jobs by then. I think it would be fun to have media appearances as a famous demon CEO or something. And then, when the time comes, I'll gather up tons of innocent souls, and return to Hell. I'll be holding my comeback tour in the Ninth Circle of Hell!

>Q3: What do you spend your monthly allowance on?
Hm, most of my money goes into clothes, I think. My demon cos... I mean, demon outfits require a lot of shiny materials, lace, feathers, and other expensive stuff. I can never get enough with just my allowance. I wish I could get a part time job, but there aren't any good ones around here. Alas, I shouldn't have been born out here in the countryside. I'm gonna break free of this place soon!

>Q4: Tell us about your ultimate attack.
My ultimate attack? ... Uh huh, so people expect demons to have one of those? Oh, uh, nevermind! It's nothing! Uh, of course the little demon Yohane has an ultimate attack. That ultimate attack is, uh... magic! Yeah, magic! I'm a demon, so of course I can cast magic! And as for what magic it is, it's a type of magic that lets me show up in your dreams every night, and steal your heart! Huh? Is that a bit too hackneyed? Hm, I'll think of something better next time.
>>
File: g4.jpg (450 KB, 2000x1500)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>Q1: What's the most elaborate birthday present you've received?
The most elaborate, huh? I don't know how much it cost, but the one that made me the happiest is my horse. My partner, Starbright, is a big thoroughbred with a white star on her forehead (that's why she's named Starbright). She's a wonderful girl, and all I need to do is put my feet into the stirrups and I already feel like I'm flying in the sky. We should ride together sometime!

>Q2: When you talk to your beloved steed Starbright, do you speak Japanese, or do you speak English?
When I talk to Starbright, I speak in English. Starbright was trained abroad, anyway. And besides, even in Japan, it seems that Japanese jockeys use a lot of English in their terminology. Maybe not for communication, I don't know, but they use English for directions and speed. Starbright gets such a proud look on her face when I call her a good girl and pet her mane. Isn't she cute?

>Q3: Why did you start liking metal and punk music?
It just happened one day, like a fated meeting. When I was still young, I was just spacing out and watching the news, and then they had a story about a hard rock concert in Germany. Suddenly, this shocking sound started playing over the familiar, cool and rational anchor speaking in the studio. Snarling noises and shouts. And explosive noises. I thought, what is this!? And I couldn't look away. Industrial metal. I'd like to go over there and headbang with them someday.

>Q4: What's your ideal length for your uniform skirt?
My ideal skirt length? I don't really have one. I'd rather wear hot pants. Oh, and denim. After all, I can't go riding or running in a miniskirt. But, a skirt that's too long would get in the way, too. It feels like it would too hot in there, too. So, above the knee, then? Right, aside from that, I'll let you decide how long you want them to be. Just request anything you want!
>>
>>2510938
riko is not one of them, and you know that.
>>
>>2510764
Most people in threeway relationships don't start out as childhood friends. ChikaRikoYou would begin gradually. Chika and Riko would start dating, but be determined to not shut You out. Thinking she's lost but happy to have such caring friends, You becomes more chill and physically affectionate with them, not realizing that effortless charm is her strongest asset. Riko and Chika find they both appreciate the closeness and encourage it. Chika starts to see why You always had so many fangirls. Riko has always seen that, and also discovers how great it is to get to watch two pretty girls being affectionate together outside of yuri manga. They talk about it and decide to see what will happen if they push a bit during their next group hug. You is happy and aroused, but also worried that she's getting in the way of their relationship or that they're just pitying her. They reassure her with kisses and they all live happily ever after.

I still prefer ChikaRiko.
>>
>>2509591
Updated Calendar

January 1st- Dia Kurosawa’s Birthday (Aqours)
January 6th- Aqours Fan Meeting at Fukuoka Sunpalace, Fukuoka (Aqours)
January 17th- Hanayo Koizumi’s Birthday (µ's)
-Water Blue New World/Wonderful Stories released (Aqours)
January 23rd- Kasumi Nakasu’s Birthday (PDP)
January 26th- LLSS S2 BDDVD Volume 2 Released bundled with Oyasuminasan by Hanamaru Kunikida and Ballot Tickets for Aqours 3rd Live, Saitama Leg Day 2 (Aqours)
January 31st- Miyu Kubota’s Birthday (Karin Asaka’s VA) (PDP)
-LLSS S2 OST Journey to the Sunshine released (Aqours)
>>
>>2510953
>We never actually get any context why You puts up with Chika despite being dumped constantly
Well, that's pretty obvious - she wanted to do stuff with Chika, but that's just too convenient and is the only reason why YouChika exists. Manga You's reasoning was is that she liked to participate in various activities as a whole. You's character, I feel, is just not meant to be pinned to a single girl. She reminds me of Honoka for a little bit with her extremely open personality meaning she could cozy up to anyone. I have hard time shipping her with any girl because there is so much possibilities but at the same time stronger alternatives exist. She was simply not meant to be shipped with anyone.
>For Chika the only one who can compare to this kind of closeness is Kanan since they were raised together
It was brought up only once and I'm just as upset it wasn't explored further. If anything, ChikaKanan comes before YouChika for me, but anime Kanan was reserved for the third years dynamic.
>>
>>2510953
>The anime is actually the one that explores this relationship the most. It shows how ChikaYou are not actually very close, showing flashbacks of Chika basically rejecting any of You's offers to be together.

Because she couldn't The anime has stated again and again that Chika couldn't participate in any of the athletic activities that You did because she wasn't good enough. Becoming a school idol was the first thing that placed them both at even ground. The last few episode of season two emphasized this even more.
>>
>>2511135
I don't remember the anime saying that once, and it doesn't even make any sense. Even though Chika isn't as athletic as You, she could have joined a sports club with her if she had wanted. She just didn't.
>>
I never watched Sunshine but really enjoy the Hanamaru/Yohane doujin. Is it worth checking the series out for the two or is the couple rather non-present?
>>
>>2511147
First season is nonexistent, but they ramped up the pair by the second season.
Most of them are just meme quips though, but it's there.
>>
>>2511147
They have some mostly comic scenes together, particularly is season two, but they don't really act like in the doujinshi. Yoshiko is pretty much always in fallen angel mode and Hanamaru teases her a lot.
>>
File: 66430170_p0.png (948 KB, 1333x1000)
948 KB
948 KB PNG
>>
>>2511139
>I don't remember the anime saying that once

Episode 11 of season one.
>>
>>2511147
I liked their interactions in S1. Maru was meant to keep Yoshiko in check, but in S2 she has just given up on her and started playing along with her nonsense.
>>
>>2511157
It wasn't said why exactly she was turning down her every request. We don't even know why You is so obsessed with her to begin with, there is just those magical words - childhood friends. Riko said afterwards that since You joined her Aqours she wants to see it through with her, even though her original goal was kagayaki and what not. That episode wasn't particularly good, it just showed that You was at an incredible disadvantage in Aqours.
>>
>>2511147
no sense of romance, no sense of chemistry, not at all. they're not worth to watch together. Maru would've been better if she's with Ruby.
>>
>>2511147
If you only want to watch for YoshiMaru, watch episode 5 of season 1. In season 2, they have little moments together in every episodes but 2, 8 and 9 is where they have more focus.
>>
File: dumped.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2511171
That's the primary problem I have with ChikaYou in the anime

With the µ's 2nd years, we always see them together even when they were kids, so it makes perfect sense that Kotori and Umi would follow Honoka to do anything.

We never really get that with ChikaYou. What little we get from pre-Honksfag Chika was she was reserved and introverted (she was scared to swim with Kanan), basically someone who wouldn't really get along with You. And yet, You keeps hanging out with her despite the fact that You is popular and a natural at drawing other girls.

You even outright says she would be splitting time between being an idol and being a star athlete of the diving club to help her. (Remember that? I don't think the writers did). Yet it never really gives any context why You would do this all for Chika.
>>
>>2511244
I don't want to look like that I'm whining too much and forcefully looking for flaws but You should've been more independent or more faithful to the manga adaptation. Chika and Riko are the spearheads of Aqours in all mediums.
Manga You's reasoning was more or less the fact that she liked the idea of dressing up and she liked the fun that involves in being an idol. Perfectly good reasons that corresponds with her original character. In the anime this reason was changed to Chika which is fine but, please, elaborate on it. I won't act like Kotori had any reasons to join up with Honoka, but at least their interactions and their backstory sold me on it. Writers decided to go full steam ahead and adapted ChikaRiko but halfway through the show decided to throw You in there for their ot3 that feels inferior to both HonoKotoUmi and MariDiaKanan.
You was incredibly butchered by Sunrise. She never really interacted with anyone else in the group and was always pinned to Chika and Riko.
>>
>>2511244
>Yet it never really gives any context why You would do this all for Chika.
Aside from being in love with her?
>>
File: vcbgfjyt36765.png (631 KB, 467x906)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>2511253
>She never really interacted with anyone else
It's such a shame that Sunrise stuck her with Chika and Riko so much, all of the best You moments were when she wasn't with them. Now that I think about it, the only other members that You really interacted with were Yoshiko and Mari. In fact the best part of S1 episode 11 besides the insert song was Mari talking to You.
>>
File: s1ep11.jpg (224 KB, 800x1909)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>2511171
Chika wasn't confident in herself during the first year of school and had little passion for anything. Being a school idol was the first thing she was determined to do and hand You involved from the start. The school festival episode and pre-final Live episode in season two even pay tribute to that.

>We don't even know why You is so obsessed with her to begin with

It's not even an obsession. She only got jealous in one episode and got over it. Those episodes I mentioned from season two also show a good development from that, as it has her opening up more to Chika; talking about how she admired her.

>>2511244
>And yet, You keeps hanging out with her despite the fact that You is popular and a natural at drawing other girls.

Because friendship doesn't mean doing everything the other one does. Chika wasn't the athletic type, but her and You did enjoy other things. Riko's introduction episode had them syncing throughout the episode, so their friendship is anything but farfetched.

I feel like these ChikaRikoYou discussions are bogged down by what people wanted to see, than what actually happened.

>Chika and Riko hate You
>It's a love triangle! Riko and You hate each other
>WTF why are they hanging out and supporting each other
>>
>>2510764
You make characters that look like Chika, Riko, and You, give them the same names, but change their behavior.

Like how Yoshiriko turns Riko into an animal abuser who's a-okay with dognapping.
>>
>>2511426
>I feel like these ChikaRikoYou discussions are bogged down by what people wanted to see, than what actually happened.
You just claimed Chika wasn't able to join You in sports clubs, rather than not being interested.
>>
>>2511244
Why do people are so interested on 2nd years aqours ot3? no one even asked like this on muse's 1st years and muse's 3rd years.
>>
>>2511475
That's just because everyone loves NickMack, which ruins first and third year threesomes. It's a pity, because NicoNozoEli is a refined flavor, and almost certainly Nozomi's fantasy.
>>
>>2511426
>>Chika and Riko hate You
>>It's a love triangle! Riko and You hate each other
>>WTF why are they hanging out and supporting each other

Firstly, making stuff up. Secondly, since we are talking about yuri ships here, ChikaRiko is so well done it is truly the high point of Sunshine for me. They click together so well in a sense that it was Riko whom Chika told her situation with You first. Notice how Chika had no idea that You was jealous to begin with. In that very episode You admitted it is better for Riko to be closer to Chika, she makes her much more happier and, believe me, it is evident. All those scenes in the balcony, Riko cheering Chika up which You couldn't do and that reaching out to one another symbolism in the very ep. 11 that was supposed to be about YouChika mind you, tells you that they are much much closer. Uneven ground mean that ChikaRikoYou is impossible, it is equivalent of throwing Nico alongside NozoEli and it will look just weird.
As for the dynamic of those three, it is nonexistent. Only dynamic that You has, I'll admit, it is those with Chika yet those are not enough to sell me that they are as close as her and Riko. Besides that You has nothing. She is disconnected from this group.
>>
>>2511483
Nozomi seems more interested in Eli than anyone else even though she flirts with everyone.
>>
>>2511518
It's actually easy to imagine Nozomi fucking every member of the Muse and calling it spiritual training. She is into it we know that.
>>
>>2511475
Maybe because none of what you named are that interesting as OT3s? RinPana is super strong but Maki, when you look at every available medium, is way more interested in Nico, and NozoEli looking at anyone other than each other in a romantic sense is not going to happen. ChikaRikoYou, theoretically, is still a possibility, and was even pushed towards the end of season 2. Personally I like them more because of the complicated dynamics around it, with the jealousy and all. Not everything has to end up being a ridiculous angsty love polygon.
>>
>>2511487
The only thing I see in your post is
>Waah! Muh ChikaRiko
>How dare they interact with You
>Why does You like Chika, ugh
>You even says she loves Riko?! UGH
What is wrong with you? No one even wants to hear your retarded argument anymore when it's clear your head is so stuck up your ass that you can't even view the anime without adding your own fucked up interpretation.

What Jumpman said is right, and remember: The anime is NOT the only medium that exists. It's common knowledge in the LL fanbase that the anime is not the best written of LL's mediums, but the way you act proves you don't actually give a shit about this franchise. The ChikaRiko you long for still exists. It exists in the anime. It exists everywhere else that Sunshine exists. But, guess what? Other pairings exist too. Grow up and stop shitting up the threads with this useless debate.

People can like YoshiRiko, ChikaRiko, ChikaRikoYou and whatever the fuck they want and you acting like a holier than thou asshole won't change that.
>>
>>2511475
its only one or a couple of anons bringin em up, most of the people here dont see em as an OT3
>>2511483
NickMack doesnt ruin anything, rinpana and nozoeli are perfect the way they are
>>2511534
she would never cheat on Eli, you sound like the poliamory anon who thinks that all the girls are horny sluts
>>
>>2511543
im not that anon but holy shit you got triggered, no one said you shouldnt like certain youre free to like whatever you want. the debate began because >>2510476 and >>2510764
anon wanted some opinions about it but
most of the replies didnt agree with their point of view, if anything get mad at the anon who made those questions.
>>
File: 1.jpg (786 KB, 800x1183)
786 KB
786 KB JPG
I find this doujin pretty cute. Eli is wildly out of character, but Umi is pretty good, which leads me to believe it's actually Umi's fantasy.
https://exhentai.org/g/1165037/fca84d1cf2/

>>2511547
>poliamory anon who thinks that all the girls are horny sluts
Nozomi is a horny slut, though.
>>
>>2511543
Funny. It is you who is shitting up this thread at the mere disagreement but instead of changing my mind you decide to go for >everyone likes their own ship argument.
Then, you start building strawmen as to why I dislike their interactions with You. I don't. My last few sentences were implications that they SHOULD interact but not with empty words like it was done here but with visual cues of them three having fun. How nice it would be if during ep.2 they suddenly cut to them three doing something silly to build up their ot3 and maybe I would actually started shipping them.
I have no idea why you brought up different mediums though. If anything, manga supports my belief that them 3 is not an ot3 and that You shouldn't not have been pinned so close to Chika in the first place.
>you don't actually give a shit about thia franchise
Fuck you.
>>
>people thought youriko is canon and good but they're actually bad

Thank goodness. I'm kotoumifag and I don't ship youriko at all.
>>
>>2511539
>ChikaRikoYou

it could only work if its youchika and chikariko.
>>
>>2511443
>You just claimed Chika wasn't able to join You in sports clubs, rather than not being interested.

And? Nothing I said disproved that.
>>
I love that Yoshiko Q&A picture. All b ow down to the demon queen Yohane.
Seriously though, even though she's just silly, after reading the Yohane's fortune teller SIF story, theres no doubt that she has a soft spot for making Hanamaru be happy when she's feeling down. If Hanamaru and Ruby are sad, tthat makes her sad too and she did help them cheer up again. That's Yohane , the demon queen who takes great care of her little demons.
>>
File: 66558070_p17.png (71 KB, 450x500)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
I've got another question for you guys, what made you choose your ships? Did you pick them before the anime started, or did let the anime decide what you liked?
For me I got into Love Live this past summer, and I knew about the Mu's ships but not the Sunshine ones, so I just followed what the anime did. With PDP coming up I want to wait until I see what they do, but I also want to start shipping some of the new girls together.
>>
>>2511633
I got into YohaMaru because of the doujins really.
Also >Mu's.
>>
File: 1472996785003.png (263 KB, 484x640)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
Is every LL thread from now on gonna be ship wars? Guess it's fitting for a franchise with characters written by the author of Strawberry Panic.
>>
File: IMG_20180105_132501.jpg (191 KB, 1423x2047)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>2511649
In future threads, try not to respond to the warring factions and just post whatever you want. The whole thing is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>2511633
Liked YoshiMaru before the anime, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how popular it has become. RubyLeah was an amazing curveball the anime threw at me, and for every thing else, it just developed. I was a huge ChikaRiko shipper up until season 2, when I became a ChikaRikoYou shipper alongside being a longtime fan of KanaDiaMari. I like that Aqours has room for 2 OT3s while the first years can potentially do their own thing. It's nice.
>>
>>2511583
Why are you trying so hard to police people's headcanons and ships? Just because you see it that way doesn't mean that anon does.
>>
>>2511663
>headcanon

wouldn't that be more appropriate to youriko more? Canonically You and Riko only see each other as friends/rival for chika's friendship, nothing more.
>>
File: C01i-fjVEAA_Rv4.jpg (84 KB, 1001x709)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>2511552
>>2511579
>>2511543
No offense but shitting up a whole thread and getting buttmad at people just because they disagree with you is pretty "triggered" yourself and I'm not even the other anon. The anime isn't obligated to stick with one ship or not, and this whole conversation on both sides is absolutely pointless.
Like, damn, who knew it was a sin to have Riko interact with someone outside her year. Lol
>>
File: Cz-yYxcUQAEpA3L.jpg (35 KB, 375x400)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: Cyq6A0xUoAAWiXC.jpg (121 KB, 1200x1067)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>
File: Cs9nF4GVUAE7LXG.jpg (66 KB, 827x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
File: Cx8dUEMUcAALKsI.jpg (135 KB, 900x1200)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
File: DQcPpBgUMAEkBbG.jpg (199 KB, 1000x846)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>
File: DNy70QYUQAA4asl.jpg (170 KB, 866x1199)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>
File: DJxbzCVVAAAQhci.jpg (224 KB, 1200x925)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>
File: 65442341_p0.jpg (180 KB, 424x600)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
File: 65755362_p0.jpg (3.84 MB, 1748x2480)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>
File: 62756487_p0.jpg (275 KB, 800x757)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>
File: 62157714_p0.jpg (273 KB, 600x800)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>
File: 62070806_p7.jpg (337 KB, 1200x789)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>
File: 65442297_p0.jpg (562 KB, 1200x847)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>
File: 62070806_p0.jpg (476 KB, 813x1200)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>
File: 65682349_p0.jpg (2.74 MB, 1748x2480)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>
File: 60750256_p10_master1200.jpg (306 KB, 1200x849)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>
File: C1RINBzVIAACyDH.jpg (107 KB, 750x800)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
Hot as YoshiRiko is, maybe opinions on this ship were marred by how catastrophically bad their episode was.
>>
>>2511719
The episode was cute to me.
>>
>>2511719
I guess I like the idea behind the episode (Riko getting over her fear of dogs and Yoshiko interacting with someone out of her circle) but dragging their interactions to the rest of the series was a mistake.
>>
File: CobJxUdVUAA-puE.jpg (174 KB, 1080x740)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>2511633
I didn't even like Dia until the anime changed her from a strict Eli-clone oneechan into a closeted dork.

The cute moments between Dia and Chika in season one certainly played a part in me shipping them, along with fan art I was seeing at the time, such as this panel by Dekosen Takuji. Other factors include their hot and cold relationship and parallel to EliHonoka - an early µ's ship of mine. I more invested in the latter, as I consider Chika and Dia superior versions to Honoka and Eli (especially Eli who stagnated after her antagonistic role was donei). Chika and Dia being my top two girls certainly cemented this ship.

I am amazed my niche DiaChika ship got pandered to in season two, whereas ships like RubyMaru, DiaKanan, and Youshiko - which all looked like shoe-ins - didn't receive much or nothing at all. I've mentioned it before, but I loved how involved Chika was in the Dia-chan episode. With Chika swooping in for a high-five with Dia the minute she's getting jealous over everyone bonding so easily with Mari and Kanan; being constantly concerned with Dia; and that speech she gave her in the end. Not to mention Chika being the first girl Dia fantasize about and that adorable gay look Chika gave her, when Dia was entertaining the kids in the aquarium. Especially loved Chika calling Dia beautiful when she wore her MY Mai TONIGHT outfit, their little chat before the finals, and Chika calling her Dia-chan in the season two finale.

Lately, SIF has been spoiling me with DiaChika content. The final story of "Let's build Shiitake a new house" had Dia instantly recognizing something was troubling Chika, lamenting over her trying to hide it from everybody, then being the first to suggest rebuilding the old dog house. They also reference each other in the Circus and Halloween 2.0 sets, had a Santa connection during Christmas, and referenced each other again during New Year's eve. Also, the DiaChika event. I'm eagerly awaiting their UR pair.
>>
>>2511733
>>2511719
>>2511737

gotta love how the original 2nd years aqours were meant to interact with each others.
>>
>>2511742
Don't start this retarded argument again. Please.
>>
>>2511742
>original 2nd years aqours
Please elaborate.
>>
>>2511746
Yoshiko was originally supposed to be a 2nd year.
>>
>>2511747
...and?
>>
File: 132.png (571 KB, 1108x1600)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
>>2511737
>EliHonoka
why am I not surprised at all that you like it
>>
>>2511746
>>2511748

Yoshiko and Dia were the original 2nd years but after a month it was changed. The fan theory where diachika and yoshiriko closeness were exist before the anime
>>
>>2511753
>he likes two boring pairs
You shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1341711612.jpg (77 KB, 600x847)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>2511633
Mainly because of how they look. I'm a sucker for cool-looking but comfy feeling pairs.
For these two I had the time to read some of the background story and their interactions in the subunit stories before the anime started.
Kinda bummed the anime pushed for another lemon blueberry pair, but at least KanaDia is not entirely impossible.
>>
>>2511649
it's not a fucking shipping war
>anon made a question
>got replies
>then an anon couldnt handle that others have different point of views
just that, It's like >>2511633 another question, nothing wrong with that, if you dont like when people dont agree with your statements then there are plenty of safe spaces like reddit, tumblr and mastodon
>>
File: 66388825_p0 - translated.png (944 KB, 4299x6071)
944 KB
944 KB PNG
>>
File: 66388825_p1 - translated.png (909 KB, 4299x6071)
909 KB
909 KB PNG
>>2511805
>>
I was a Kanadia, Chikariko, and youshiko fan before starting the Sunshine anime. I had stopped playing SIF for l9nger than a year so I didn't have much knowledge besides the few doujinshi I read. Once I started watching the anime, I saw that Kanawha was nonexistent and I started shipping Kanamari while chikariko didn't change. I then started shipping Yohamaru which is my favorite pair in Sunrise. Also I have to give thanks to Mezashi for seeing Yoshimaru as a sweet couple.The episode where Yoshiko and Riko interact was funny for me, but I didn't see them as a couple at all. There wasn't that spark so to say and I really thought that they did Chikariko dirty during the second season. Rubyleah is a favorite of mine too. I guess You got Dia to charm in the movie.
>>
>>2511700
This is futa.
>>
>>2511625
It's what you wanted to see, not whah actually happened. Chika just wasn't interested in joining a sports club. You don't have to be a super athlete to join one, and she's hardly unsuited for physical activities if she's interested, as shown throughout the series.
>>
File: 1514829303289.jpg (545 KB, 800x800)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>2511633
Yes, I have my own crack but I will never ever try pushing it because stronger alternatives exist and/or I'm not able to provide stable ground for it to stand on.
For example let's say HonkPana. There are clearly better alternatives for them. For the ground to stand on they have things in common like their love for the feast and she was the first member outside Honoka's circle of friends to join Muse. They both had some interactions together and visual cues of them just enjoying themselves.
Here I named most basic things that makes a ship. It is not even enough to warrant a doujin.
>>
Admirable sides to Arisha, according to Aqours. From today's fan meeting.

Aiai: She sometimes is kind of useless, just like Dia.
Kyan: She's an utter mess when without makeup and hair not done. But she will go for conferences still looking like that, although the staff try to stop her. (For a visual example, see the BTS of the 1st live. Rikyako has posted photographic evidence to the Aqours LINE group chat.)
Ainya: A Beautiful Girl
Anchan: Her amazing facial expressions (read: kaogei). Anchan often sets Arisha making weird faces as her phone wallpaper.
King: There was that time in the NHK dressing room where she got angry because a light was in her face. The light switch was under her foot and she didn't realise it.
Suwawa: It may come as a surprise, but she becomes lonely easily. She often wants to hang out with people and will LINE the others to say "you can come over to my room" when they travel out of town.
Rikyako: Nothing is particularly admirable [about Arisha], but being with her is relaxing since she doesn't mind whatever you say to her, or rather, she isn't even listening.
Shuka: She has a background in ballet, so she looks elegant when dancing. Pirouettes real pretty.

Seems like the topic drifted at some point...
>>
>>2511930
I'm pretty sure that one running scene and being tempted by food is enough to warrant one doujin.
>>
>>2511940
On that note I can say you could make Honoka doujin with anyone because it is not too far fetched to ship her with everyone but, like I said, better alternatives or insufficient ground. Jack of all trades. Honoka probably fucked the whole school at this point anyway.
>>
>>2511805

I can't find this in dynasty

is this the rest anon?
>>
Why is it that only Yoshiko has her nose a bit better drawn than the rest of the girls (Muse and Aqours) who only have a dot?
>>
>>2512159
She just have a longer, more prominent nose.
>>
File: DRp8i2IV4AIaA1h.jpg (132 KB, 619x895)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
i love yoshimaru so much!!!!!!
>>
>>2511811
YouDia isn't going to happen because they push Aqours 3rd years. Guess You will be alone
>>
>>2511790
hmmm, it pretty much is a shipping war though. you all get so mad at each other and just because some people like that the anime showed yoshiriko and others dont. it's kind of funny and yet people wonder why they don't like chikariko fans. either way, it's dumb.
>>
>>2512249
>just because some people like that the anime showed yoshiriko and others dont
That's a complete mischaracterization. The reason people are mad is because the anime essentially replaced ChikaRiko with YoshiRiko that, to add insult to injury, had some of the worst writing in either Love Live anime.
>>
>>2512249
There really wasn't a shipping war. Just anon's giving there honest opinions about the LLS ships until someone overreacted and got salty. Nice try trying to sneak in an insult for ChikaRiko to support your ship though.
>>
File: 66463558_p29.png (619 KB, 800x662)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
>>2511967
It's not on dynasty because I tl'd it myself, and it's just those two pages from the source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66388825
>>
>>2511737
>a strict Eli-clone
That... wasn't ever Dia's personality until the anime changed her to be that way.
>>
File: 564575468.png (459 KB, 798x615)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIELwtxICWQ
i miss chikariko.
>>
>>2512377
This, and even in the anime, she was never an Eli clone.
>>
>>2512320
Here's a question: Why do you find the writing so bad? Other anons in the previous threads think it's because you're blinded by ChikaRiko. I thought that particular episode was very heartwarming and it showed a different side to both Riko and Yoshiko. I wish their interactions didn't turn into a bunch of memes after that episode, but I also liked the bonfire scene too. And, before I am potentially called a "delusional YoshiRiko shipper", note that I have been a ChikaRiko shipper since the first Aqours PV and that I also multiship.
>>
>>2512560
Not that anon, but people are calling out "bad writing" because those "cute interactions" between Yoshiko and Riko required butchering Riko's characterization until then. She suddenly, in the anime, got an interest in chuni-like stuff and was considering kidnapping a dog from a little girl. The writers destroyed Riko as a character to make the "ship" work.
>>
>>2512571
>kidnapping a dog from a little girl
Don't you think you're overreacting? Even the show presents it as Riko wanting to see the pupper for one last time, not to steal it from the little girl for all eternity. Also, why is it so horrible for Riko to have more to her than the gentle and empathetic character we saw throughout all of season 1 and the beginning of season 2? There's nothing inherently bad with "chuuni stuff", and there's nothing wrong with Riko choosing to want to kid around for a bit and be playful. If anything, to me, that shows that she has grown comfortable enough in Aqours and Uchiura to be able to relax and even bond with other girls aside from Chika. I can understand why Riko latched on to Chika - they were a lot alike at the core, and wanted the same things. And thanks to Chika, Riko has a whole new circle of friends, and can even come across as this adorkably capable senpai to someone like Yoshiko and form a bond.
I don't think "destroyed" is the right word, although I suppose Sunrise did destroy your perception of her character. To me, they built up my perception of her and made me like her more at the end of it all.
>>
>>2511952
>Honoka probably fucked the whole school at this point anyway.
Pretty sure I saw this somewhere already but it's not too far from the truth. However, I think that when it finally came to Nozomi it was the other way around.
>>
>>2512571
We're talking about a girl with a kabedon obsession. Is crazy stuff like that really that OOC for her?
>>
>>2512580
>To me, they built up my perception of her and made me like her more at the end of it all.
I couldn't care less about your perceptions. The writing presented Riko as something entirely different during S1, and then threw it all this just to pander during S2. Before you start ranting about "but muh Dengeki" and "but muh SIF", stop. If it doesn't stand on its own, it'is shit writing, period.
>>
File: HonoNozo02.jpg (960 KB, 1255x1926)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>2512587
You didn't see the HonoNozo SID chapter did you? That's when Honks outgays Nozomi and leaves her floored.
>>
>>2512560
To start off, "Riko and Yoshiko take care of a puppy for a while" is a hacky, arbitrary scenario that doesn't emerge from the characters' personalities or lives. They could have used the same situation with any two girls who weren't particularly close, or ever used it in any other series with a similar tone.

For a good example of how to build a relationship between two strangers, see RubyLeah. Ruby wants to become closer to Leah because despite their different personalities, their situations regarding idolhood and big sisters is very similar and she understands something about failure after their experiences. The way she stays with Leah and works with her also serves to give her meaningful character development (getting over your
joke trait doesn't count).

Aside from that, the idea of Yoshiko and Riko stalking the little girl's home was deeply unpleasant. The emotional moment of Yoshiko finally telling us why she does the Yohane thing was ridiculously shallow. It turns out she used to be a dumb kid who fell on her ass a lot.

>>2512580
>there's nothing wrong with Riko choosing to want to kid around for a bit and be playful
I might actually like their relationship if that's what they were doing, but you have it completely wrong. Riko isn't being playful; she's embarrassed of doing the chuuni shit but can't help herself, which is what people mean when they complain about her being derailed. She has essentially caught a virus from Yoshiko that makes her act like a different person. Also note that nothing in their bonding episode foreshadows this development.

So when that's the beginning and middle of their relationship, the final scene just doesn't work, even if it's fine on its own.

>>2512605
The kabedon obsession actually told us something interesting about her character, namely that she's a lesbian, a sub and utterly lacking in experience.
>>
>>2512605
Having a fetish (like every single person on the planet) doesn't make you "crazy" nor being more likely to consider a crime.
>>
>>2512608
Wait which one is this? I don't think its on Dynasty
>>
>>2512608
That I did not see. Diary manga, not the regular one? I'll go hunt for it later.
I've got to say to outgay Nozomi is quite an achievement. I guess that one doujin didn't lie. She really can fuck anyone, it is too bad she is too dumb to make it work in her favour through scheming though. That's where Nozomi excels.
>>
>>2512627
>doujin apparently featuring Nozomi fucking all the idols
Sauce please.
>>
>>2512627
Why scheme when you can hump? Going by Maki's SID, it would have definitely worked on her if Honoka had kept at it.
>>
File: 66468299_p1.jpg (572 KB, 750x1418)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>2512580
>capable senpai
I really didn't get any kind of senpai/kouhai relationship between Riko and Yoshiko, they could've been in the same year and they wouldn't have acted any different.
Bouncing off of what >>2512616 said, they really didn't build up at all to Riko acting like a chuuni. Nothing in episode 5 showed her even attempting to act like that. You could make the argument that since she's now better friends with Yoshiko she would want to do stuff with her, but acting like a chuuni is kind of a weird leap, especially for someone reserved like Riko. Riko was becoming more open thanks to Chika, but that took a long time for that to happen. And if Riko was acting like a chuuni then why weren't Hanamaru or Ruby, who are better friends with Yoshiko, doing it too?
It really boils down to that acting like a chuuni is very far from Riko's usual self and their relationship progressed too fast.
>>
File: 17.jpg (399 KB, 1280x1804)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>2512633
I was referring to a different non h Honk doujin.
There is however that one time where they all went to the hotsprings though. It's on panda, look it up.
>>
>>2512633
It's not lewd, but there's this which pretty much fits the Nozomi x Everyone tag
https://exhentai.org/g/771803/640ae52daa/
>>
File: HonoNozo4.jpg (966 KB, 1262x2002)
966 KB
966 KB JPG
>>2512627
>I've got to say to outgay Nozomi is quite an achievement.

It's not that hard. I've always interpreted Nozomi as while definitely the gayest of µ's is quite demure when affection is returned. Basically Nozomi can dish the gay but she can't take it.

You see a lot of it when Eli gets intimate with her, hell you even see on on the NozoRin SID chapter when Rin takes her hand.
>>
>>2512646
I could've phrased it better. With Nozomi it all depends on whether you can seduce her first or not . She is definitely the most passionate at serious love making, but when it comes to an extortion it is up to a debate whether Honk outgays her or not. Nozomi comes from behind with the hands around your chest and few said words while Honoka gets on top of you until you break down.
>>
>>2512606
>>2512616
>>2512642
> https://twitter.com/oitan125/status/948982123347681280
Hanada didn't discuss plot developments with the Aqours cast, though he took reference from them in his depiction of their characters. He hasn't said so outright, but it's not impossible that self-admitted little demon Rikyako was reflected in Riko in more than just "being easily influenced," as was her relationship with Aikyan and their easy rapport.

That aside, while we tend to point fingers at Hanada since he was series writer for both LL and LLSS, we should also take into account the relative strengths and weaknesses of the respective directors. Sakai's weird pacing and conveying messages in hamfisted ways stand out exactly because Kyougoku's directing style came out differently.
>>
File: 1508124387202.jpg (687 KB, 1080x1080)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>2512666
>Rikyako prevented Jimo Ai
maybe she was jealous of Shuka
>>
>>2512675
Look, Jimo Ai was wasted potential and we all can see that, but the cast had no input on the screenplays. If they did, who knows what could have been.

Though it's interesting to consider how the Aqours third-years wanted to do a song from their characters' time as a trio in first year and we did sort of get that in MIRACLE WAVE.
>>
>>2512642
As I observe it the anime likes to make huge timeskips (like EP8 of SS S2 was mid autumn and EP9 theyre suddenly on winter break near christmas).
Perhaps Riko's chuuni tendencies grew off screen, but then again that doesnt really help much.
>>
>>2512666
>Hanada didn't discuss plot developments with the Aqours cast, though he took reference from them in his depiction of their characters. He hasn't said so outright, but it's not impossible that self-admitted little demon Rikyako was reflected in Riko in more than just "being easily influenced," as was her relationship with Aikyan and their easy rapport.

That's only a justification for the writer. It doesn't justify any actions the characters might do within the universe of the show.
>>
>>2510966
>>2510971
>>2510975
Thank you.
>>
>>2512778
Tell that to Hanada.

He probably did have good ideas and neat references to the other non-anime material (such as Yoshiko's nickname for Riko) somewhere in between the Chicken Soup for the Soul and moralizing on a near-episodic basis, but the pacing problems cannot be attributed just to him. Both season finales for LLSS were poorly received, for example. Hanada isn't faultless, though when you add other staff who also fumbled, then the end result becomes what we got in LLSS.
>>
>>2512646
>NozoRin SID chapter
I like to think that was also about deliberately deflating the mood, which was moving fast from "light flirtation" to "breaking Pana's heart".
>>
File: yoshiko diary.png (21 KB, 840x518)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>2512787
>neat references to the other non-anime material

If they're going to put the anime in a separate universe, I'd much rather they keep it separate. What references they do put in are half-assed, lacking the significance of the original.

See, for example, the origin of Yoshiko's fallen angel side. In both the anime and in G's, Yoshiko develops the identity of Yohane because she's unlucky. In the diary, Yoshiko convinces herself that all her bad luck is proof of her demonic might, and so her fallen angel identity is a sign of how Yoshiko isn't easily discouraged by failure and tries to interpret everything that happens to her in a positive way.

In the anime, Yoshiko was unlucky as a child and that makes her believe she's a fallen angel because she's a weirdo, I guess. This just comes out of nowhere in season 2 with no build-up and no follow-up, and feels like a failed attempt to tack personality on to a character who was reduced to a single catchphrase after her intro episode.
>>
File: g5.jpg (504 KB, 2000x1500)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
[From Mari]
"When the three of us are together, it's always party time! Just be careful not to get too carried away!"

Oh jeez, come on now.
Yohane, if you lean that far out, you're gonna fall into the water!

Is this really that rare?
A suite room with a view of the ocean.
I'll admit that the view from the window in this room is really pretty. It's just the best, but...
If you're in Uchiura, you can see the ocean no matter where you are!

Oh, that reminds me of something.
My first day at Uranohoshi High, after I transferred in.
First, I was surprised that there weren't any school buses to take me to school. They're insane if they want me to climb up this hill on foot! I thought as I huffed and puffed up the steep sloping path.
At the top, a cute school building came into view.
It made me smile to see the little statue of the holy mother Mary and the simple stained glass window welcoming me.
And then...
I was overcome by the view of the sea behind the school.

It felt like maybe this was the reason I climbed all the way up that steep hill.
The view of the Suruga Bay from the peak of the protruding cape was just so grand and over the top.
I don't know why, but...
I remember thinking, this is punk.

Hehe. When you think of it that way, Uchiura is a surprisingly punk place.
See, you've even got these high school girls dancing and trying to become idols.
I like this sort of thing quite a bit.
You only live once.
You have to live your own life the way you want!

Okay! In that case, just for today, I'll give special permission to get carried away and fall into the ocean.
Will we get to see the fallen angel Yohane flying over the sea on her black wings?
>>
>>2512801
>In the diary, Yoshiko convinces herself that all her bad luck is proof of her demonic might, and so her fallen angel identity is a sign of how Yoshiko isn't easily discouraged by failure and tries to interpret everything that happens to her in a positive way.
If all her bad luck consists of is a tendency to fall down a lot and some inconvenient rainy days, that's still pretty dumb. I don't even need a sob story about a dead father, but something a little more substantial would be nice.
>>
>>2512810
>and some inconvenient rainy days
>>
>>2512814
>>
>>2512815
>>
>>2512816
>>
>>2512817
>>
>>2512814
Yes, it sometimes rains on the coast. Building a personal narrative out of it is stupid, especially since we see her participating in all sorts of outdoor activities with the rest of Aqours in fine weather.
>>
>>2512818
Honestly If I get a lot of moments of rain like Yoshiko does I'd believe I'm cursed or something.
>>
>>2511649
The possibility of Love Live lighting the flames of a new Legendary Shipping War was always there. The tinder had been gathered since the days of EliUmi v NozoEli.

Although it seems like ChikaRiko v YoshiRiko v YoshiMaru will be the Legendary War.

Only PDP can save us now.
>>
Speaking of PDP
SIF Allstars will be releasing sometime this year and as we know the story there is retconned so that the two (three) groups started relative the same time and are of the same age.

What are your thoughts on possibly crossgroup pairings?
>>
>>2512817
>>2512818
>taking shelter under a tree during a thunderstorm
This is a tragedy waiting to happen.
>>
>>2512949
I payed little attention to it but what is its story format anyway? Is it the same as SIF but with everyone or are there story variables? Regardless of that it is not Sunrise so it must be decent with their interactions and general cheesiness. I, however, will have to wait one more year for English localization.
As for the shipping, it is really up in the air. I love my original otps and I don't want to see RinPana get separated. Remember that we have 9 more newcomers that will surely add something interesting. I think I will focus on them at the start. My first crossgroup pair is probably NicoKasu.
>>
>>2512978
I'm not sure what you mean by story variables, but yes, it's basically SIF with everyone.
From the announcement video (that was already removed from YT) I inferred that each group mainly will have stories that focuses on themselves but there will also be parts where they interact with each other. How this works is still unknown.
Personally I'm excited of the possibility of DiaEli even if it's just weird friendship.
>>
>>2513000
>the possibility of DiaEli
I don't really feel it if Eli isn't her senpai.
>>
>>2512810
She does go into slightly more detail about it in her diary entry
>>
File: 62966430_p0.jpg (220 KB, 650x550)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>2512949
Between Mu's and Aqours I think there will be MakiRiko, RinMaru, ChikaHonoka, DiaEli. In just PDP i'm expecting AiRina, and the rest are in the air.
I wonder if they'll go for the Dengeki Aqours or the anime Aqours, because Dia is pretty different between the two.
>>
File: DStsUzYVQAAMboq.jpg (79 KB, 280x815)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2509821
>Jump
>>
>>2512949
I just hope Nozomi gets to washi them all.
>>
>>2512606
>but muh Dengeki
>but muh SIF
I don't see anyone saying that the LLS anime is some untouchable masterpiece. It's clearly the weakest in writing quality out of all available LL mediums, for SS and especially OG.
>>2512616
>a hacky, arbitrary scenario that doesn't emerge from the characters' personalities or lives.
Welcome to SoL and episodic writing, where the characters are placed in scenarios not typical for them so that you can see more aspects of their character. Quality wise, it's not the best best example of a well done episodic anime I can think of is Space Dandy, but it's not hard to see what they were attempting to do at the very least.
>the idea of Yoshiko and Riko stalking the little girl's home was deeply unpleasant
Blowing things out of proportion again. They were goofing off. One can argue "But why would they do that in the first place?" and that would be easily attributable to bad writing, and bad writing doesn't mean that Yoshiko has to be insulted in that manner. Second season did her no favors and actually make her more shallow, but I do like that she seemed to be more than just "a gimmicky chuuni" in this episode, as well as episodes 9/10/13. Take consolation where it can be located, and stop trying to take the story and spin it into some other malicious tale that it is not.
>>2512618
No, it doesn't, but it does suggest there is more to Riko than meets the eye.
>>
File: 64528586_p0.jpg (2.59 MB, 2400x1761)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>2513236
I want Nozomi to washi washi Emma and get shocked at how big Emma's breasts are
>>
>>2513236
Kanan will sue.
>>
>>
File: IMG_20180107_162200.jpg (52 KB, 1152x648)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
File: DS9QsxUVwAAlmyf.jpg (128 KB, 923x1200)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>
>>2512817
I like how You noticed her.
>>
File: antiwashi.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2513236
I'd like to see her try that with You.
>>
Nozomi's annoying with that anyway. Washi washi is just plain annoying anyway - she doesn't even ask for consent.
>>
>>2513145
Early SIF stories used Dengeki Aqours, but midway through (about story chapter 7-8) they mixed the two a bit.
I'm guessing they're going to use the same for PDP.
>>
File: 62457404_p2.png (2.57 MB, 700x5200)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB PNG
>>2510476
While they don't have any major interactions within the actual series (minus the cute but totally random DAIIIIIIIISUKI in the final episode), I actually could see them having really interesting chemistry. Too bad Sunrise chose to go with the whole Chikabowl shit instead.
>>
File: 76565678568.png (447 KB, 520x810)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>2513145
>RickMack
Good taste. I want them to compose a romantic duet together, and for Nico to get jealous of their interaction ala her reaction to Tsubasa and Maki in the movie. I also hope Yoshiko joins her, just to trigger the Yoshiriko haters shitting up the board.
>>
File: 54654654362.png (669 KB, 450x814)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>2513433
>>
>>2513433
Same.
>>
File: 3432432432.jpg (202 KB, 850x1120)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>
>>2513427
Your "really interesting chemistry" is just a discount chikariko.
>>
File: 57703398_p0.jpg (765 KB, 1280x994)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>2513433
>>2513437
I'd like to see the two imps of their respective groups spazzing out together over the composers. I like ChikaRiko the best, but YoshiRiko is undeniably cute too.
>>
File: 76867856757.jpg (163 KB, 850x1000)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>2513564
A slightly superior ChikaRiko, actually, since You isn't ugly.
>>
>>2513569
See? You don't even defend this ship. You're just attacking Chika. And you only ship them because of your hate to Chika. Not because of their "really interesting chemistry". Open your eyes.
>>
>>2512949
I actually have in mind something silly rather than romantic. What about HonkPanaMaru OT3 where they basically eat all the food?
>>
>>2513581
Fucking fund it, even if Hanayo doesn't really eat large quantities of anything that isn't rice.
>>
>>2513564
You don't have to defend Chika's honor in every instance. That way lies bitterness and the mantle of the Tamaofag.
>>
>>2513588
>using "muh Tamaofag" card on a random opinion you don't like.
Way to go sis.
>>
>>2513599
But I like Chika and ChikaRiko a lot, which is why I don't want us to become the fandom's laughingstock.
>>
>>2513600
I don't care about your safe space. Sorry.
>>
File: 1511764756356.png (245 KB, 612x548)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
Post Nozonico
>>
There's lots of NicoMaki fics where Maki's family is an impediment to their relationship. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's definitely not the only way things could go with her parents. Despite being demanding, they clearly love Maki and as doctors should know how sexuality works, or at least be open to finding out. If Maki told them she couldn't be happy with a man, I don't think they would force her to marry one.

You know what isn't loving and open to talking? The industry in which Nico wants to work, which will make her sign a contract forbidding her from dating. You'd think Nico having to choose between Maki and her dreams would be a much more common theme in fanfics.
>>
>>2513652
Well, normally that industry only pesters you on hetero relationships.
I think Nico could just say they're the best of friends and they'll let it slide. Nothing's wrong with close, girl-on-girl skinship after all.
>>
>>2513600
Don't make all of us look bad by acting ridiculous. I definitely don't want to be mistaken as being you.
>>
>>2513569
>Chika
>ugly
???
>>
File: 64308007_p0.png (776 KB, 611x867)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
>>2513652
>Maki's family is an impediment to their relationship
I'm kind of surprised that no one has done that with Mari and Kanan yet, especially since Mari's family is probably richer than Maki's. It be really funny to see Kanan go and talk to Mari's dad but it ends up looking like a scene from The Godfather
>>
File: 65555243_p2.png (2.72 MB, 1467x1761)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>2513574
Not that original anon, but I have no problem admitting I prefer YouRiko mostly because of the way they look together. Like you implied, You is pretty similar to Chika, so her interactions with Riko would be cute, just like ChikaRiko's interactions are pretty cute. You just has the added bonus of being much better looking than Chika, and less retarded. Ergo, YouRiko > ChikaRiko.

Also, I personally don't hate Chika. She's fine personality-wise. She just looks like a drowned rat. And it doesn't help that all her fans are a bunch of bitter lesbians who are forever salty about Sunrise shafting ChikaRiko.
>>
>>2513852
They tried when Mari was a child, putting her in progressively higher rooms to prevent her from going with Kanan. They eventually gave up when Mari kept escaping.
I'd guess Mari's parents think Mari is mature enough to know what she's doing and won't be against her relationship with Kanan.
>>
>>2513654
Flirting with other idols for the cameras is one thing, but actually being in a romantic relationship with another woman wouldn't fly.
>>
File: IMG_20180108_155748.jpg (230 KB, 1998x1503)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>2513859
>it doesn't help that all her fans are a bunch of bitter lesbians who are forever salty about Sunrise shafting ChikaRiko.
Nice generalization there. I don't really care if ChikaRiko is dead since that means that You gets to have Chika. That works out for You, the majority of the Japanese fanbase, and most importantly, keeps Chika happy. That's all I want.
>>
File: IMG_20180108_155941.jpg (98 KB, 1738x1166)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>Gamjolno ships YoshiRiko too
Excellent.
>>
>>2513895
Idols live with other idols all the time so it wouldn't really be suspicious.
But none of that matters because in their universe homosexuality is rampant and males are close to extinct anyway.
>>
File: 62971453_p24.jpg (159 KB, 1208x997)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Is there any particular reason why Riko is shipped with so many different people? She seems to be at the center of most of these shipping wars, and appears to have the widest variety of pairings (e.g., ChikaRiko, YouRiko, YoshiRiko, and even lots of MakiRiko and KanaRiko). Is it just because of her yuri doujin thing?
>>
>>2513895
The fanbase would assume they're just friends.

>going on dates
Just friends
>holding hands, lovingly gazing into each other's eyes
Normal for friends
>kissing
Really good friends
>tribbing
>implying you don't do that with friends
>marrying each other
It's a friendship marriage.
>>
>>2513938
She's just like Umi and Yoshiko, the latter of which is her most popular partner to pair with in the Japanese fanbase.
>>
>>2513939
>>idol marries a lesbo.jpg
>>
I notice of how some youriko fanarts are always blushing but I haven't seen the normal talk thingy without the blush? people seems to just force them.
>>
File: as the goddess wills it.jpg (512 KB, 1444x2048)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>
File: DR5ssUzVwAEZ8SZ.jpg (115 KB, 1200x987)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Not enough YoshiMaru desu. I love how comfy they are with each other.
>>
File: DAhR5hHXYAIGOPJ.png (883 KB, 800x800)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>
File: DFtytF-VYAApfGN.png (1.6 MB, 1338x1265)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>
>>2514024
That's the problem with anime Yoshiko. When Maru grabbed her ass, she should have groped her boobs.
>>
>>2514033
Yoshiko is a gentle woman, she can't do that.
>>
File: 20180108_190248.jpg (1.44 MB, 2304x4096)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>2513627
Here's something.
>>
>>2514024
I love pito but their comics always end so badly
>>
File: 1512027822844.jpg (562 KB, 1641x1392)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>2513627
>>2514042
I don't know how to feel about them. If this pair happened it would free up two other girls for my other ships so I, somewhat, support them.
Their interactions would be really good though, Nozomi would quickly deal with Nico's outbursts of star sickness and non end teasing of Nico would be really fun to see, they are like two sisters or mother and daughter even. I have to feel sorry for Nico in bed though but Nozomi should top her anyway.
>>
>>2513938
For the first three you mentioned it's because it has a lot of portrayal in source materials.
For the last two I think it's just because of how they look.
I don't even know how they started RickMack.
>>
So what's more popular in Japan, Yoshimaru or yoshiriko?
>>
>>2514097
YoshiMaru by far. It was pretty much the surprise hit
>>
>>2514097
YoshiMaru. YoshiMaru and YoshiRiko exceed ChikaRiko's popularity by a country mile. As does ChikaYou.
>>
>>2514053
The RikoYou that got translated ended with a cute moment. What other doujin of theirs got translated?
>>
>>2514120
Pito just ship rikoyou, his ending doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>2514120
That one futa YouxRandom office lady.
>>
File: 967868686.png (570 KB, 1042x1705)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
Putting aside his futa fixation, Pito has perfect taste. All of his ships are good ships.
>>
>>2514135
I dunno about you but I feel his Riko is a bit out of character.
>>
File: 5454654654.jpg (2.3 MB, 3779x2185)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>2514137
Yeah, I could see that. Especially in his most recent YouRiko summer vacation doujin. He kind of addressed that in his author's note by saying that her more overtly sexy behavior was just how You perceives her, but it does feel a bit off. Maybe it's just her Guilty Kiss side coming out.
>>
>>2514137

His You's character doesn't seem look right too.
>>
how to give youriko a chemistry?
>>
>>2514135
Pito was one of the reasons I thought You canonically had a dick when I was looking at doujins before watching the series.
>>
>>2514119
I thought ChikaRiko is still more popular than YoshiRiko going by what people were saying in previous threads. Did YoshiRiko recently overtake it?
>>
>>2514206
ChikaRiko is actually more or less the same level of popularity with YoshiRiko. ChikaYou however exceeds both in popularity and YoshiMaru is far above all those ships
>>
Yoshimaru being above all those ships. Hell yeah!!!!!!
>>
File: 7686857567.jpg (166 KB, 850x1050)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2514206
Going by pixiv, they're about the same in terms of popularity. Recently, however, YoshiRiko has gotten a surge of new content and popularity, while ChikaRiko has stagnated (barring the constant producers of content, like good old Kougi). It makes sense given how Sunrise treated the two ships this season, but it remains to be seen which ship will pull ahead as more popular once all the dust settles.

I'm honestly a fan of all of Riko's pairings, but I wish the series would just stick to one instead of trying to make her into some kind of harem master.
>>
>>2514210
>>2514206
Nah Youchika and Yoshimaru are more popular, there were times where Youchika have more fanarts than Yoshimaru so they're just tie to me.
>>
>>2514060
>I don't even know how they started RickMack.
Both are the pianists and composers of their respective groups, plus senpai-kouhai in Otonoki, even though that didn’t actually happen, because the timelines don’t cross: Maki would have alreasy graduated by the time Riko was a first year.
>>
Hey ladies, I wanna watch this but how actually yuri is it? For reference, Madoka Magica is kind of the minimal level my yuri goggles will pick up on
>>
File: 1511764508188.jpg (321 KB, 600x760)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>2514042
more please
>>
File: 87878789.jpg (83 KB, 802x802)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2514343
>>
>>2514333
It's mostly about friendship and idol stuff, but there's the occasional clear indication of romantic feelings. Just don't become attached to ChikaRiko in season one of Sunshine, unless you like being hurt.
>>
>>2514333
If your yuri goggles can pick that up, it will definitely function here. Try not to get too hung up on shipping just yet and enjoy the show - you can figure out what ships you like after.
>>
>>2514206
>>2514210 is incorrect in that those two have the same popularity levels, although I suppose they weren't around to see Aqours' pre-anime fanbase and shipping tendencies. ChikaRiko was never as popular as YoshiRiko, even after season 1 of the anime. Especially in the Japanese fanbase, it could've caught up but never closed the gap. It's just a circle of very vocal ChikaRiko fans who think season 2 blindsided them and "killed" their ship when it didn't.
>>
>>2514435
When someone counted the Pixiv results a few threads ago, ChikaRiko was actually more popular than YoshiRiko.
>>
>>2514440
the fandom YoshiRiko is ridiculously annoying for reasons that go beyond the understanding, they were annoying in S1 when there was nothing, but when they got something in S2 it all got worse, how can they be happy with cheap fanservice instead of real chemistry?

Personally I'm going to be a fan of only one couple (LL OG), one part is to conserve space on my phone and the other is that ChikaRiko only brings me bitterness and not the same warmth that I felt with the couple before.
>>
>>2514435
>vocal ChikaRiko fans who think season 2 blindsided them and "killed" their ship when it didn't
I think that not ChikaRiko shippers see that this pairing got shafted as well. It's hard to believe that's still alive after seeing season 2.
>>
>>2514465
I suppose it wasn't killed in the sense that Riko didn't look at the camera and announce her feelings for Chika were purely platonic, but you'd have to be delusional to not see how they went from almost canon to generic same year friends.

>>2514464
>ChikaRiko only brings me bitterness
Yeah, ship and series abandoned. I'll come back if someone writes a 100k word masterpiece of a fic about them or the movie has onscreen cunnilingus.

Speaking of which (the former), is it just me or are practically all Aqours fanfics really low effort?
>>
File: DTGOlNnUQAEbXDl.jpg (144 KB, 721x1024)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/dbdsaimon/status/950697782691610624
>>
In the end, what I got from this discourse is that money speaks louder than consistence writing. ChikaRiko couldn't and wasn't supposed to fail.
>>
>>2514492
>Speaking of which (the former), is it just me or are practically all Aqours fanfics really low effort?
In what way?
>>
>>2514549
Maybe low effort isn't quite the right word (though there's a lot of that too), but uninterested in engaging with the original. Sorting by kudos or word count on AO3 gives you top results that are almost all either AUs or oneshot collections that are half µ's. There's nothing wrong with AUs as such, but I find it curious the fanfic writers apparently can't find anything in the anime to hang a plot around. The only substantial non-AU fic I can find is the Mari/Kanan/Dia one that might as well be an AU given how American the setting is.
>>
>>2514492
No, I saw that, I just don't care enough to keep whining about it. There are several other good alternate ships for me, so as a multishipper, I'm good. It definitely could've been handled with more tact, but it's Sunrise.
>>2514595
I've found almost 30 different fics I like that have nothing to do with AUs. Either you're not really looking hard enough or you might just happen to like ships that the quality fanfic writers of the LL fandom do not. Tumblr and AO3 are good places to look, but I would not judge things by trivial things like views and word count.
>>
>>2514440
I find it funny that the Western fanbase thinks Pixiv is the only thing that matters when you really have to take Pixiv /and/ Twitter into account. There's a lot of art and activity that occurs on Twitter that never gets posted to Pixiv, and may not be readily found because they are not always tagged by the ship names. That popularity will sadly be short lived.
>>
>>2514651
the damage is done anyway, a bad impression is lasting, people tend to be very spiteful, especially if it is about couples.

>>2514492
personally I will not even look for more related material and I will even erase the Dous that I already have (although it is also for space)
>>
>>2514651
Unless there's a reason to assume there'd be significantly more YoshiRiko than ChikaRiko art on twitter, I'll accept Pixiv results as close enough. If YoshiRiko really was clearly more popular than ChikaRiko as that Anon claimed, it would have surely been noticeable on Pixiv alone.

>>2514649
Care to name any?
>>
File: 66683047_p5.png (778 KB, 615x905)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
What are some yuri related things you guys want to see in doujins/ fanart?
Chika: Being super gay and not realizing it
You: You is meant to have fuller lips than everyone else but no one ever draws her like that
Kanan: people already draw ikemen Kanan but I want more
>>
>>2514756
More stoic Dia. Anime kinda ruined her image of this and now she has turned into a sister-spoiling machine.
Not that it's bad, just not my tastes.
>>
I'm surprised no one brought up youriko where this fanbase have a lot of hate for chika/chikariko.I can see that they will get more fanarts too than chikariko.
>>
>>2514756
A consensual and fluffy µ's orgy.
>>
>>2514756
Dom Hanayo. Alternatively, Riko being kabedon'd by the rest of Three Merm- I mean, Aqours in different ways.
>>
>>2514812
I'm seconding this.
>>2514756
HanayoMaru after the former.
>>
File: 43850934803.jpg (158 KB, 454x1200)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>2514819
I want to see her kabedon'd by Kanan more often. I just want more Kanariko material in general. They look so good together, and the Dengeki special with them together was cute as fuck.
>>
Whoever keeps sprinkling the ChikaDia content in this thread is a top tier oneesama
>>
File: 1515572685248.jpg (111 KB, 800x1440)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
where is this from?so cute.Riko is thinking dirty minds.
>>
>>2515065
From the comic anthology.
>>
File: 1280.jpg (280 KB, 853x1078)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>2514936
Good civilization.
>>
>>
>>2515388
Yoshiko is so cute and pure.
>>
File: IMG_20171218_161423.png (229 KB, 657x1003)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>2514128
Pito is #1 kanamari shipper though
>>
File: diachika kobe date.png (1.62 MB, 1002x640)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
Damn. How did I miss this from the Kobe tour?
>>
>>2515547
PITO is the best, honestly.
>>
File: IMG_20180110_031818.jpg (167 KB, 2048x1081)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
I would cut off my big toe for more RubyKanan content
>>
File: IMG_20180110_031806.jpg (215 KB, 2000x1200)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>2515773
>>
>>2515773
>>
File: 62305576_p1.jpg (149 KB, 725x1024)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>2515388
Chika: "hey! You can't finish it Chika? Come on!" - "aahhh, my arm's numb! You're amazing Kanan-chan!

Riko: "um, could you calm down a bit?"

You: "Kanan-chan, do you like it? Is it a burden? Just say if you don't like it" - "So gentle and polite..."

Yoshiko: "I did something wrong..."

Hanamaru: "So according to the book, it says to do this zura" - "What is this? This feels great... I don't know what to do..."

Ruby: "I'm sorry... Ruby... can't do it well..." - "It's ok, it's ok, it feels good~"

Dia: "um... Dia~ I'm not done yet?"

Mari: "Mari! What are you doing? You didn't say you were that kind of person! I'm getting really upset! Are you listening?"
>>
>>2514756
Hanamaru rapes the chuuni out of Yoshiko.
>>
Some kind anon who would please translate this?
https://twitter.com/ez_raccoon_dog/status/951398810273464320
>>
>>2515773
did they even interact in the anime? I can't remember
the fanfics I read of them were good smut though
>>
File: IMG_20180111_222122.jpg (345 KB, 1472x2048)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
today i discovered that JP twitter has monthly dates dedicated for a ship. God bless these kind souls.
>>
>>2515974
Not much. There's a Dengeki diary post of the two though.
>>
>>2515740
>futa
> best

what?
>>
File: 57873250_p0.png (681 KB, 600x851)
681 KB
681 KB PNG
>>2515781
probably should TL this too lol

Kanan: "Riko said that a kabedon... is like this.. Right?"

Kanan: ".. did I do it wrong?"

Riko: "I want that"

Dia: "Ruby is dead!!" "Kanan-san!!"
>>
Monthly dates? Really? What ships is this month's and next?
>>
>>2516089
It's one date for every month. For example the 11th of each month is KanaDia day, of which has a tag of #毎月11日はかなダイの日.
There should be dates and tags for other ships but I haven't seen any. I'll keep an eye out.
>>
File: IMG_20180111_123519.jpg (44 KB, 840x450)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2515819
This but unironically, I want Maru to bully/beat/fuck the autism out of Yoshiko
>>
File: CwblYU8UAAAQsVs.jpg (232 KB, 1200x929)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>2515995
Oh, yeah. The only one I heard about was the ChikaYou one, but I forgot the date and why it was picked.

>>2514651
>I find it funny that the Western fanbase thinks Pixiv is the only thing that matters when you really have to take Pixiv /and/ Twitter into account.

This is true. The majority of the DiaChiak fanart I have come from Twitter. Some under the Japanese hashtag; others just posted or RT by artists I regularly follow. I was happy to see a few DiaChika pics for Dia's birthday this year.

Biggest fear is when an artist's Twitter account just disappears without explanation. Komugi's Twitter account went down, but came back up, but now it's down again! However, @a_mitosame did came back to Twitter (forgot what the artist's old Twitter handle was) is uploading sketches.

The tricky shipping pics to find are the ones drawn as gifts for other artists. You wouldn't even know Kougi drew a DiaMari pic unless you checked her replies on Twitter.
>>
Didn't see any discussion of this in the last few threads. What did you all get from C93? I got so much stuff this year I don't even remember it all right now, but of the ones that arrived today there was a nice KanaDiaMari threesome book and some older releases including a super lewd UmiEli.
>>
File: IMG_20180111_163854.jpg (243 KB, 1393x1720)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>
>>2516050
Didn't know I couldn't have my own opinions, onee-san.
>>
>>2516204
Mostly YoshiMaru stuff. I wanted the books from Mezashi and tanukichi the most but they were already sold out 1 hour after opening.
>>
>>2516204
Too poor to buy books. ;_;
>>
File: 66434682_p2.jpg (544 KB, 1270x888)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>2516204
I wish I could've gotten some Youshiko doujins but I'm a poor boy. There were some really good ones I saw previews for, like pic related where You meets up with Yoshiko and Yoshiko is in love with You, but You is a baka and didn't confess to Yoshiko so Riko and Hanamaru get mad and try to force You to confess.
>>
>>
>>2516370
oh hey thats my drawing.
>>
File: 1474401339705.jpg (126 KB, 838x1200)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Y'know, fanfics and fanart made me warm up to Yoshiko a lot, she used to be at the bottom of my ranking, now she's a little higher
>>
File: IMG_20180112_013837.jpg (172 KB, 2000x1200)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2516404
>>
File: IMG_20180112_013830.png (1.16 MB, 1700x2090)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>2516405
>>
File: 60152722_p18.jpg (87 KB, 431x607)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2516406
what's the source for this? I love crazy lesbian Riko
>>
File: IMG_20180112_031357.jpg (156 KB, 1000x1000)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>2516410
https://twitter.com/yumichiyo0606/status/951172604454256640
>>
File: DTWMTghV4AIm1Cq.jpg (111 KB, 960x1200)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>2516428
Dang I didn't realize they started to draw lewd stuff, this is some good shit
>>
>>2516371
Nice job, even though I don't like that pair romantically.
>>
File: DTXBqLZVMAEJ3di.jpg (228 KB, 1638x2048)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>
File: 66489417_p0.jpg (2.16 MB, 1720x1214)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>2516204
Honestly, onee-san, I'm so behind these comikets that I'm considering a week off just to catch up with everything that I missed. Bought pic related through melonbook because I'd like to support that artist.
On a different note, was there anything interesting with Honoka or Pana this year, both c93 and 92? First thing I saw with one of them, unfortunately, wasn't yuri.
>>
Can anyone explain this game? Seems like a parody of a tv show.

https://twitter.com/cureshogo/status/951817479801659392
>>
File: 62259491_p0.jpg (838 KB, 2006x2833)
838 KB
838 KB JPG
>>2517347
From what I got from the translation, it looks like they get asked a question and then they have to go into a room to choose their answer. Once everyone is in the rooms, the answer is revealed and those in the correct rooms win. Each girl is representing her sub unit.

The story here is that Hanamaru, Yoshiko, You, and Honoka are all in the incorrect room. Yoshiko thinks she's right because chuuni magic, Hanamaru is worried that Rin is alone, Honoka thinks they're ok since they have 4 people in the room, and You is worried that she's in the room Yoshiko picked.

Rin is crying because she thinks that since she's alone, she chose the wrong room. She's apologizing to Umi and Nozomi, but then it's revealed that she's in the correct room, so she starts to cry again because of it. The last image is some kind of score screen going from best to worst.
>>
When citrus and love live cross paths:
https://twitter.com/wryyyyn_/status/950986234192543749
https://twitter.com/wryyyyn_/status/950986447556812800
>>
As thread draws to the end, remember to say FUCK YOU to YoshiRiko and intensify the hate.
>>
Did Eli fail as a ballerina because of her giant boobs?
>>
>>2517442
Personally I plan to just support my first favorite couple and never want another couple again, now or in the future.
>>
File: IMG_20180113_003007.jpg (108 KB, 995x804)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
I just realized those backgrounds.

Yoshiko - Shipwheel (at the aquarium?) with You's apron
Riko - Chika's house with Shiitake.
>>
>>2517595
>You's apron
Citation needed.
>>
>>2517442
Go fuck yourself and let people ship what they want.
>>
>>2517471
She was a ballerina when she was a kid. Said frame we got of her showed her as a prepubescent child, so no.
>>
File: 64550830_p0.png (670 KB, 1300x800)
670 KB
670 KB PNG
I honestly want to have all of the yuri moments in the movie spoiled before I watch it. Not what happens exactly, but just what ships get scenes. If I know what happens before then I'll get all my anger out before I watch the movie if the ships I want aren't in it, and if they are in it then I'll just be even more excited to watch it.
>>
>>2517801
Have some self-respect, Anon. If the writing is so arbitrary you can't tell which of the characters will have romantic scenes together after two seasons (and it definitely is), it's not worth watching.
>>
Good to see that no one here is flipping out over Mimorin being confirmed straight.
>>
File: 65746457_p0.png (354 KB, 800x1113)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>2517801
All of the most popular ships in the Japanese fandom will probably get moments, just like in the series proper. YouChika, YohaMaru, YoshiRiko and KanaMari are pretty much guaranteed. If they really want to step up their pandering game, they might toss in some YouRiko again (maybe Riko's turn to daiiiiiisuki You) or RubyMaru.

Honestly the only ship I'd say might be shafted entirely is ChikaRiko given how badly season 2 treated the pairing. So unless that's the ship you want to see in the movie, I'd say you're pretty safe.
>>
File: 876954654756.jpg (129 KB, 353x1280)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2517836
3DPD. Unless Umi is revealed to be dating a wrestler, I don't think anyone here will care.

Honestly, I wish her all the best.
Though the guy is pretty ugly. She could've done a lot better, considering how many good-looking Japanese men there are in the entertainment industry, but maybe he's got a great personality or something.
>>
>>2517836
If you get mad over actors and singers' romantic lives, you have the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old Justin Bieber fan.
>>
>>2517836
Except for handful of Japanese nobody really cares about this sort of thing here. /a/ barely even touched the subject.
I just hope LL stops with this 3D drama with stalkers and whatnot. THAT incident haunts me still to this day if I'm perfectly honest.
>>
>>2517840
>youriko
>no more chikariko

Not him but do all youriko fans are really this desperate? I don't see the romantic thing about youriko at all even the last episode. They're more like sisters to me. What the heck?
>>
File: IMG_20180113_080135.jpg (96 KB, 1525x479)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2517882
Gonna have to post this then and im sure it won't change the fact that they will still going to support chikariko no matter what.

https://twitter.com/AnimeDad_/status/951812980470984705

Here are the number of each pairing on Pixiv.

Color coding:
Most popular: green
Very popular: orange
Popular: yellow
Notable: blue
Rarest of rarepair: purple
>>
File: IMG_20180113_080138.jpg (97 KB, 1527x449)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2517889
>>
File: 12076W9EU.jpg (185 KB, 1227x1954)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>2517694
No ones is wearing the brown mascot but only You and Kanan's mascot is kind of different from her so they chose that You's mascot for Yoshiko's apron.It's just a hint.

>>2517801
The only thing you might consider their yuri ship is the dengeki, sif and the manga. But I do hope they'll get something too in the movie.
>>
>>2517891
>>2505990, who looked up the pairing tags last thread, got 1783 ChikaRiko posts on Pixiv, almost a thousand more than that chart. What's going on?
>>
>>2517891
>RubyMaru somehow has less than Youshiko
That's really surprising, I expected it to be a lot more popular since the anime put Ruby and Hanamaru together so much, and it's the Aqours version of RinPana
>>
>>2517889
>>2517891
What were the search tags though? My ことほの search got me 2716 results.
Also Honoka and Rin baffles me a little bit and so is Yoshiko and Chika. Does anybody know how to spell them in moon properly?
>>
>>2517900
no wonder why it looks weird. That guy probably used the wrong tag.
>>
>>2517902
it just shows how they support youshiko from yoshiko fans and you fans. Also it's just pixiv so you don't have to worry about.
>>
>>2517929
If I look up ちかりこ, I get 1817 results. If I go to a ChikaRiko pic and click on the ちかりこ tag, I get 996. Doing the same with the よしりこ tag also yields different results, but the difference is insignificant, 1725 and 1704. What the heck?
>>
>>2517941
Looking at it a little closer, I think the bigger number is because looking up ちかりこ also includes hits for ようちかりこ, which is all the second years together.
>>
>>2517941
That's because doing keyword search for ちかりこ will pick up ようちかりこ as well, which has like 900 results
>>
>>2517897
Uchicchi isn't exactly a You mascot, as it's a real life mascot, but she is associated with it.

That said, Yoshiko wearing an Uchicchi apron doesn't necessary have anything to do with You. Far less so than Shiitake being associated with Chika.
>>
>>2517891
Slightly sad Kanadia is less than Diamari.
Maybe movie will boost it.
>>
>>2517836
No one is going to care unless she starts talking about how she wants Umi to get a boyfriend or something. Nana Mizuki does that these days and is the reason Cross Ange added Tusk.

>>2517891
Expected KanaMari to be way more popular. People like to pair up blue/purple and blonde in this fanbase yet they are like 5th.
>>
>>2517955
as far as I can see only Yoshiko wore that uchicchi apron. It's not a big deal to me but the fact that she was wearing one from the aquarium makes me think that You and Yoshiko are really friends.
>>
File: 57689696_p6.png (727 KB, 700x830)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
>>2517900
ChikaRiko has never been that popular (and I say this as someone who thinks the ship is very cute and was unfairly shafted). The 1700+ numbers that ChikaRiko shippers like to toss around are all conflated with the second year tag, as >>2517946 and >>2517948 have pointed out. Aside from a few dedicated artists (read: Kougi), there isn't much support for the pairing in the Japanese fanbase, especially compared to giants like Chika/You, or Yoshiko/Maru.

For some reason, a lot of Japanese yuri fans tend to have a knee-jerk dislike of any pairings that are too overt in their subtext. Large amounts of teasing and pandering is fine (e.g., Nicomaki), but something that skirts too close to the overtly romantic (e.g., saying "I love you" while framed by a sunrise alone together on a beach) is usually disliked. This mentality is probably part of the reason why Yoshiriko is still so popular, despite the majority of their interactions actually being outright pandering.
>>
File: 64250058_p27.png (1.09 MB, 1300x2000)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>2517882
I think a large part of Youriko's popularity comes from just their looks alone. I also see a lot of people who ship them looking for another Kotoumi. It doesn't quite work in my opinion, since they have a total of like three interactions with one another, but I can't deny they look cute together.
>>
File: anchan aikyan.png (1.01 MB, 800x493)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>2517836
Why talk about that, when Anchan and Aikyan are fucking behind Rikyako's back.
>>
>>2517981
>For some reason, a lot of Japanese yuri fans tend to have a knee-jerk dislike of any pairings that are too overt in their subtext.
Wow. I guess hoping that subtext shows would eventually become more explicit and even start delivering is a waste of time then.
>>
>>2517902
Hardly. Ruby and Maru barely interact at all after S1E4, and Maru just turns into Yoshiko's wrangler after that.
>>
File: 1515821850136.png (1.36 MB, 1080x1283)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>2517836
The poor woman is 30 years old. Let her do what she wants. It seemed like the nip fanbase was reacting well, more or less, but there are the butthurt otaku sperging out, to the point where she's already apologized on her twitter.

https://twitter.com/mimori_suzuko/status/952179723051794432
>>
>>2517987
>deny

I don't really see how youriko would have a chemistry together. riko and you are actually works well with everyone but it's too obvious that they're only interested with chika and people only ship them because they hate her.
>>
>>2517902
No one wants to see a boring rinpana clone.
>>
>>2517995
Ruby and Maru spent a lot of time laughing at Yoshiko together, and there was just an overall closeness between them, but maybe my Yuri goggles were just on a super high setting.
>>2518002
I was thinking that Mu's fans would want to have another RinPana, since they really wanted another NicoMaki and made YoshiRiko

I like RubyLeah more anyway
>>
>>2518025
>they really wanted another NicoMaki and made YoshiRiko
I don’t see the similarities. It’s neither the most popular nor has it any chemistry. How is the NicoMaki fanbase? Is it as intrusive and obnoxious as YoshiRiko’s?
>>
>>2517967
>Nana Mizuki does that these days and is the reason Cross Ange added Tusk.
seriously?
>>
>>2518025
I don't see the similarities between yoshiriko and nicomaki at all.
>>
File: 6587658765875.png (603 KB, 700x904)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>2518030
*Attempted to make another NicoMaki I think would be better phrasing. It's popular, but nowhere near NicoMaki levels, and as you said, their chemistry isn't all that great (though I never really found NickMaki's chemistry particularly interesting either).

And NicoMaki's fanbase is much worse than YoshiRiko's, though that's mostly due to a very vocal minority that has a conniption every time someone outside the ship is paired with either character. I don't find the YoshiRiko shippers all that bad. If anything, it's the YoshiRiko haters that are the worst. Several of them grace us with their autism every thread. All ship haters are pretty retarded, though. Just ship what you want to ship and leave everyone else alone.
>>
>>2518030
>>2518045
It isn't. It was forced upon the fandom by very loud obnoxious fans as the next NicoMaki in the early years of Sunshine simply because their VA's were close. It instead created an equally obnoxious hatedom.
>>
I can't be the only kotoumi lover who likes youshiko? Yoshiko might be a devil but she doesn't try to hurt (whoever) her partner. I like her for You.
>>
File: 878967868.png (133 KB, 416x1199)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>2518001
I really like Chika, but I still prefer YouRiko. Primarily because of aesthetic reasons, as many people have already pointed out. But also because despite some similarities, You is still fundamentally a different character than Chika, and brings something new to the table for the ship. You is a bit of a tomboy, unlike Chika, and that contrast with Riko's hyper-femininity is nice. You is also less genki and more pure than Chika (it's right there in their attributes), so it paves the way for Riko to let more of her Guilty Kiss side come out. It's a little hard to imagine Chika blushing or fumbling when she's with Riko, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I prefer You's potential for being more of a dork.

Oddly enough, despite how fucking cute all the 2nd years are, I don't see the appeal of an OT3. Not sure why. I like all of them, just not together as a threesome.
>>
File: 908797897.jpg (1.21 MB, 700x8000)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>2518079
Yuchi was the one who really sold me on YouRiko. Her (?) twitter is a goldmine of constant cute YouRiko content.

https://twitter.com/kireha0731/media
>>
>>2518079
>I don't see the appeal of an OT3
As others may have said in this thread, when you clump all three together, it just doesn't work. You'd have You/Riko (possibly) fighting for more attention from Chika and that's just going to round back as another love triangle.
>>
>>2518079
You is not really a dork, you can see how serious she is when she's with chika. I still don't know why some people think the 2nd years aqours are the new 2nd years muse threesome .I hope they would stop comparing those two group. it just make no sense.
>>
File: 64004585_p0.png (1.53 MB, 720x3200)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>2518089
I mean, sure, You can be serious during moments of gravity that require it, but just because a character is serious in one context doesn't mean she's incapable of being dorky in another. She spends most of her time running around saluting and yousoro-ing, and even in her fantasies about how she was going to confront Chika in episode 11 of season 1, she was a supreme dork (e.g., imagining dressing up in a Uchicchi costume). Just my rationale, of course. It's fine if you don't like the ship.

>>2518085
Yeah, this is true. Part of the reason why I'm hoping for more YouRiko interactions in the movie is so that the 2nd years feel more like a natural group of friends, as opposed to Chika and her two groupies.
>>
>>2518093
Even with more YouRiko interactions it's just going to be ChikaYou OR ChikaRiko OR YouRiko, exclusive.
Unless movie can somehow portray their OT3 dynamic really, really well, I don't see an OT3 happening.
>>
>>2518093
I'm just hoping for youshiko and chikariko in the movie instead. I'm not really to fond with youriko since the beginning.
>>
File: DTHQCs1UMAUjUgf.jpg (65 KB, 1094x796)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I just want more YoshiMaru.
>>
File: image.png (192 KB, 649x924)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>2518085
If you honestly believe that, then you either have a deficient imagination, or the anime has poisoned your brain
>>
>>2518113
she's more like a friendly/genki girl in manga who don't care about relationship.
>>
>>2518038
Yep. She wanted Ange to have a male love interest so Tusk was added. That's why the show is so all over the place with Ange's romance. Tusk was never originally planned and forced in.
>>
I want a full movie of only Yoshimaru
>>
I realize it's childish, but what happened to ChikaRiko this season fucking hurt, and now I find it hard to move on. Normally when a series pulls shit like this I just cut it off completely, but it's hard in this case since I still like the original and there isn't really a separate fandom for µ's and Aqours. If I want to talk about µ's stuff on /u/, I need to do it in this thread that's mostly Aqours, and I'm not quite unreasonable enough to demand a separate thread to spare my feelings. Aside from the fandom, I've put in too much time in SIF to stop now.

So, how do I stop the pain? I don't want to become as bitter as YoshiRiko hater.
>>
>>2518198
You're still free to talk about µ's here I think.
>>
>>2518205
Of course, but doing that involves reading the thread and thus constantly running into Aqours stuff, which I'd rather avoid.
>>
>>2518212
There isn't really much new material for µ's to talk about. Hopefully PDP/Allstars can bring some fresh air to this place.
>>
I realy can't see why some people would want 2nd Year Aqours ot3. Anime clearly doesn't do them justice and it's not present in other mediums where You x Everyone is a thing. Besides, it's not like Muse's ot3 is popular or am I mistaken? Most fans seem overwhelmingly in favour of KotoUmi.
>>
>>2518261
they actually have very good chemistry and both are childhood friends. So people prefer them.
>>
>>2518261
I think that's because of popularity. Honoka was never really that liked so they tend to shift her away.
You really how to look for old gen and new gen ship equivalents to make sense of it. You - one of the most popular characters is getting works with Chika, her childhood friend and as we all know childhood pairs are really popular over there, that's new KotoUmi. ChikaRiko is basically what you get if HonoMaki took off. There is one de facto ship which is YoshiMaru I can even consider it new NicoMaki. Not a fan of YoshiMaru but that's just how I see things.
>>
File: 65285121_p1.jpg (443 KB, 1200x900)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>2518281
This.
>>2518261
I still like them because I think they can have good chemistry, they look good together, and I think they would all be happy that way. Just because the anime does not portray it correctly doesn't mean it can't ever exist.
>>
>>2518198
Ignore the anime entirely, especially season 2, and focus on Sunshine's other supplementary material, including SIF, where ChikaRiko is still strong and uncontested. Besides, you shouldn't really be trying to go back to the past with µ's. Bushiroad already made it clear during the PDP and Nijigasaki Girl VA stream that Aqours will still be the face of that for even that venture.
>>
>>2518085
i really hope you don't believe that. sounds like a dumb headcanon instead of something from the anime
>>2518089
how is someone liking the 2nd yr aqour ot3 comparing them to liking the 2nd yr mu ot3? you dont need it to be ""official"" to like it.
>>
File: DTfOZW-VwAA3B88.jpg (49 KB, 566x573)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2518185
Me too. Even an OVA would be nice.
>>
>>2518281
>>2518822
You are talking like as if Honoka was the stranger among them. If I remember correctly there were more implications to HonoKoto back then so if you are ignoring that and going with KotoUmi surely you have no problems with imagining Aqua ot3 if you so desire them.
>>
>>2518825
I've been thinking about it and I think I'll just leave. Replacing a well-written, thematically important relationship with shallow pandering in the franchise's flag ship was a Fuck You move and I'm not going to stick around to receive the next one. I'll just stop following any official materials, news and these threads. I'll probably keep playing SIF with minimal interaction with the Aqours side and reading µ's doujins and fics if they catch my eye.

So long, and thanks for all the gay idols.
>>
Movie deserves to flop if it has any YoshiRiko.

>>2518198
Intensify the hate. Does not mean you are stopping YoshitRiko fans from shipping since it also means the reverse is true and you can shit on it constantly without end.

Then again YoshitRiko is already a streaming pile of shit.

You can start by yelling out and proud how much you hate it.

>>2518050
You can ship it but that also means anyone else can shiit on it. Burn YoshiRiko.
>>
>>2513433
All that will do is give more excuses to intensify the hate ITT.

Fuck kill eliminate YoshitRiko.
>>
>>2517981
Sasuga shittastes Japan gobbling up shit like YoshiRiko. Could explain the scat in fact.
>>
>>2518998
nah, I like kotohono and honoumi too, but umi and kotori are just adorable together.

>>2518822
please don't try to quote me next time. I don't even like youriko. I don't like to force the pair who don't even have chemistry.
>>
>>2518827
because youchika and chikariko are fine and both makes sense unlike youriko.
>>
>>2518299
I believe the new kotoumi suppose to be youshiko. I don't know why but I just felt it after reading their unicorn blizzard one, but well, maybe it's just me.

Of course diamari could be the new kotoumi too.
>>
>>2519134
They both may be childhood friends too but I don't think DiaMari acts the same way as KotoUmi.
They feel more NozoNico to me.
>>
File: 66463558_p8.png (1.17 MB, 800x1684)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>2518299
I'd say that ChikaRiko is the new HonoUmi, in that it's what Sakurako intended to have happen, but fans decided to do other ships instead.

I think the only Aqours ship that comes close to Nico and Maki's dynamic is LeahRuby, but that's mostly because of how tsundere Leah is
>>
>>2519154
Funny how you started to talk about dynamics because I definitely think that ChikaRiko is HonoMaki and RubyLeah may as well be NickMack. By YoshiMaru I meant the ship so popular that you don't really accept any other alternatives. Besides, Aqours doesn't have a character like Nico to draw any kind of comparisons with her. NicoMaki dynamic is one of the kind.
You was stupidly popular so a pair for her was a must. That's why ChikaRiko lost steam with Japanese just like HonoUmi.
I don't recall how Sakurako portrayed Kotori though and in all honestly KotoUmi still puzzles me, but it's been a while since I read manga or SiD for that matter. I''ll just repeat what other anons said that Honoka earned her x Everyone tag for a reason, it is just unfortunate that nobody really liked her, except for me.
>>
>>2519157
> By YoshiMaru I meant the ship so popular that you don't really accept any other alternatives
????????
If by that you mean "fans of the pairing whine and cry whenever other people ship either of them in alternate pairings" then yes.
>>
>>2519170
Something along those lines.
Come to think of it, can YoshiRiko be considered MakiRin?
>>
>>2519157
>I''ll just repeat what other anons said that Honoka earned her x Everyone tag for a reason, it is
she didnt earn anything
> it is just unfortunate that nobody really liked her
tsubasa likes/admires her and they do a great couple
>>2519193
why do you anons keep saying x couple is the new x couple? you dont need to compare 'em every single time
>>
>>2519328
I don't get the appeal of TsubaHono at all. It just seems like something contrived by the fanbase, much like NicoMaki
>>
>>2519121
>don't quote me next time
Um, what? If you want to keep pushing your retarded "You hates Riko/Riko hates You" headcanon, that's your problem. You and Riko are great friends in SIF, ans the manga, without the hindrance of Sunshine season two's poor writing.
>>
File: 62559090_p0.png (381 KB, 526x548)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>2519352
I don't understand how anyone could even hate YouRiko. They're like the most inoffensive ship possible, with two of the most inoffensive members.

It's such a comfy ship. I love it.
>>
File: C7Ihu5nU4AALxBH.jpg (60 KB, 500x750)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2519368
Whoops. Not that image I meant to post, but I guess that's comfy too, in it's own way.
>>
>>2519368
Nobody hates it, there are just better alternatives for both of them.
>inoffensive ship
Can you name me an offensive one?
>>
>>2519382
>Can you name me an offensive one?
The one that turns my favorite character into a retard.
>>
File: DAd6HSIXcAAEJ7I.jpg (38 KB, 692x692)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2519370
YouRiko is so cute, as friends/lovers or whatever.
>>
>>2519382
There’s no better alternatives.
>>
>>2519352
I only see them as friends/sisters, not lovers.So yeah, that's it.
>>
>>2519352

it's not a poor writing. They made it clear that You and Riko aren't interested with each other and they only like Chika the most. In the end You just accepted Riko because she knew Chika likes Riko more than her.
>>
File: 66601068_p3.png (809 KB, 700x1100)
809 KB
809 KB PNG
>>2519382
Maybe offensive wasn't the right word, but there are plenty of ships that are highly controversial due to the character interactions they entail (e.g., NicoMaki, and of course, YohaRiko).

Curious what you think the better alternatives for You and Riko are. As it is, I personally think they're perfectly adorable together.
>>
File: DNoKhp4U8AAmGS3.jpg (26 KB, 400x420)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I got a new question for y'all. What would have happened if they went with the """original""" years, where it was just Kanan and Mari as third years, Dia Chika Riko and Yoshiko as second years, and Ruby Maru and You as first years?

KananMari would obviously be stronger without having Dia as a third year, and I don't think that YoshiRiko would be as popular without the year difference. RubyMaru would probable be more popular, but YouRuby might have too.

Youshiko would be a lot more popular, and I
really like the idea of a super genki baka You admiring Yoshiko and following her around a lot.

Feel free to post how you would feel about your favorite ship too.
>>
>>2519728
It will take away KanaDia further from existence and I'd be sad, but there would be a chance of turning it into a senpai-kouhai relationship.
I do agree with most of your points though.
>>
>>2519170
You say it like it’s only applicable to YoshiMaru which is not.
>>
>>2519728
Yoshiko tries to not acting weird around You but failed.I've seen some fanarts of them together and they act so naturally (either friends or couple) so I like the pair.

I actually don't mind 1st years x You, only youriko that doesn't make sense to me.
>>
new thread
>>2519747
>>
>>2519728
I don't mind. The thought of You being attracted to pretty senpai ChikaRiko and being impressed by their respective good qualities makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Additionally, it explains why Yoshiko and Riko interact so well now.
>>
>>2519368
I love it too, but I also love the other 2nd year ships. I love LL's openness to multishipping.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.