[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: [Jaws theme plays].png (180 KB, 444x524)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
Previous thread: >>2508884

>New fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG
>Old recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf

>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3
>>
File: Schneecest-scar.png (867 KB, 639x1459)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>2531313
That's not yuri.
>>
Is RWBY dying? The fics I've written for it (over several years) have been getting exponentially fewer and fewer views.

I dropped at start of this season
>>
>>2531712
The show quality peaked two years ago and even that was a pretty low peak. Of the four biggest fandom pairings, one is dead and buried, one is irrelevant, one in a coma and unlikely to ever return, and the last is shit and in a continual state of not existing or being drawn out.
>>
>>2531712
>>2531722
Eh, I thought that the V5 finale, while having a fair number of issues, was still mostly solid. It at least gave me a shred of hope for V6.

Of course that could just be their plan; provide juuuuust enough to make me think "well, that was alright, I wonder if they'll go somewhere with this" to get me to keep watching, but never actually give any satisfying pay-off. And I'm not just talking ships, but the content of the show in general.
>>
>>2531738
>well, that was alright, I wonder if they'll go somewhere with this
this was the feeling literally since the first episode - actually before that, even during trailers. RWBY never, ever delivers

it had good fights with monty, but even thats gone

I'm just amazed at the progression of views on my fics.

>Dec 2015: 23k views
>Nov 2016: 161 views
>Jan 2018: 111 views

Same story type (<2k word one-shot). Last one is a bit of a stretch since I just wrote it, but the sheer decrease between 2015-2016 is staggering. Is this just me, just the fandom, or is the community dying as a whole?
>>
>>2531748
No offense to you, it's great that you were inspired enough to write something for it, but I just have absolutely no interest whatsoever in reading RWBY fanfiction. Because honestly the few I'd looked in to ages ago were... bad, plainly put.
>>
>>2531751
I'm glad you told us about your fanfiction preferences, but this has literally nothing to do with you. It has to do with the community as a whole. There has to be a reason for the precipitous drop in views between 2015-2016.
>>
>>2531753
Sorry, kind of missed making my actual point. I was just pondering if I'm not far from alone in my preference; that the fandom at large just isn't that into fanfiction. If they don't prefer just waiting on the canon stories rather than what fans cook up.

Or maybe, given how RWBY's greatest strengths lie in its aesthetics, they don't simply prefer the visual medium. Fan/art/ production and consumption certainly seems alive and well.
>>
>>2531759
clearly the fandom at one point cared about fanfiction
>>
>>2531761
It might be partially because of the setting. Volumes 1 and 2 were fanfic bait with a wide open unexplored world, a flexible school setting and some nebulous Big Bad lurking behind it all. When RT started actually exploring the setting and moved away from highschool hijinks, the potential for fics also dropped.
>>
>>2531774
I'm not buying it. Interest in fanfiction doesn't decrease; if anything, interest tends to increase with time. I think it's more likely people finally realized how shitty the show is and finally stopped. Alas, maybe some more hard-working soul will tally up for us the episode views from S1 to now.
>>
>>2531748
>>2531753
>>2531759
>>2531761
This anon got it. >>2531774
Once the story started getting more concrete it makes it harder to find room to write fan-fics.
Hell, I have yet to find a fan-fic I really like that's set after the Fall of Beacon.
I think there will be pretty sparse interest until the show is over, and that's when people will start going back and filling in the gaps.

Also, if RWBY has a shit and/or controversial ending (see ME3 and the new Star Wars), interest in writing and reading fanfics will also increase.
>>
>>2531828
I don't believe it because that's not why I wrote fanfiction. The world of RWBY has always been shit - the scope of the story always centered around Beacon, likely because the writers couldn't do worldbuilding, and it was impossible to become interested in the world early on simply because there was NOTHING to go. You knew that other countries/schools existed - that's it. Fanfiction requires a certain amount of content to be present in order to expand on it, and early on, the world was nothing. I actually think worldbuilding has IMPROVED (thus giving more fic fodder) now that the rest of the world's brought into the picture.

The writing in RWBY has also gotten better, so I don't buy that explanation either. I mean, RWBY's writing is still shit, but it's leagues ahead of S1/S2.
>>
>>
>>
>>2531841
Fair enough.
I guess there could be any number of reasons.
I know it's not a matter of decreasing popularity since RWBY's viewership has only been going up since Vol 3.
>>
>>2531753
The show is shit and the longer it goes on the more people realize it is a bad attempt at a bad anime genre. What else do you want?

>>2531738
No finale where 90% of the "fights" are people standing around waiting is "mostly solid".
>>
>>2531907
Crazy as it is, I stopped watching RWBY just for the fights a while ago, and actually am invested in the plot and characters. So while it was a massive missed opportunity basically just skipping over most of RWB vs HME, stuff like Yang tearing into Raven or RWBY's full reunion were really nicely done, imo.
>>
>>2531712
It started as a plucky little project
It got resources
It didn't get better and people realized it.

Vol 4 was rough but excuses could still be made about the change in writing styles, lack of staff, maya hiccups. vol 5 killed rwby in japan. It's a sick joke in the west. They've peaked, everyone knows it, and the end result is sad.

>>2531738
Nope. They simply don't have the experience they should have before running this and they definitely don't have the experience for running a drama let alone coping with the utter clusterfuck that is working on the other RT shows, their lack of staff, staff assignments competing with other projects, and preproduction time compounding a retarded broadcast schedule. Instead of delaying the show or actually getting enough animators, they irreparably annihilated the integrity of the show with how hard they stretched their animators over vol 5. The script needed a lot more editing. Between trying to cut every animation corner they could and leaving a bunch of agonizing plot holes they didn't have a show left.
>>
File: 14518923471562.png (276 KB, 600x558)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>2531923
> stuff like Yang tearing into Raven or RWBY's full reunion were really nicely done
It was completely fucking retarded that after an entire lifetime of living the way she's lived and not listening to the brother she grew up with, the daughter she's met like twice somehow convinced her to give up the power of the fucking gods because "What if salem comes after you!?!" when the whole god damn point of Raven's plan to betray Cinder was that she knew Salem was never going to stop going after her, and the only way to take her on would be not giving away the power of the gods.

>I'm pretty sure I just killed Salem's right hand pawn and her key to the other relic, but I'm sure I'll be fine if I give this daughter I don't give a shit about the ultimate power I was going to use to protect myself.

RWBY reunion was just as bad. Months apart and it literally amounted to "Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" "Haha, I was going to ask you that!"

Cinder's character did a complete 180, the entire plot of the last two episodes was nonsense and full of holes. How can you be watching this show for what is undoubtedly the shittiest part of it?
>>
>>2531927
>vol 5 killed rwby in japan
damn, really? I knew it was popular in japan for reasons that were beyond me, didn't know it died. For some reason I'm sad even though I think the show is a piece of shit. It was nice to see western animation making a splash in Japan
>>
>>2531930
>It was nice to see western animation making a splash in Japan
Not like this. There are so many better things that could have been exported.
>>
>>2531923
>Raven and Leo shitting bricks about salem
>Raven can portal in taiyang
>Ahead of time knows that's at least them, Leo and Qrow to gank cmen
>But qrow also shows up with a bunch of additional fighters
>Leo will also know where the relic is so they don't need cinder at all
>Could have just hashed it all out, portaled cmen in, ganked them, then scoot off with the relic leaving salem down two maidens and a relic
>Instead keeps going full retard
>Doesn't even make sure she kills burn-y fly-y mc grimmhookshot pants when grimm haven't given a single solitary fuck about much worse than some hoarfrost
>Gets talk-no-jutsu'd in addition to an entire volume of character assassination of the worst kind
I get they didn't know what to do with Raven after monty died and just wanted her written out as soon as possible but... God... Damn...

>>2531930
They aren't shiteaters that make excuses for abortions. They better than anyone know a turd anime. Despite having more resources than ever, the volume quality has gotten even worse. It was understandable and cute when it was monty and five other weebs but that's far from the case anymore and they've given up.
>>
>>2531928
Not even just that, but she's still a maiden. Even without a macguffin nuke, like they showed everyone, a maiden can still just maintain a thunderstorm over a kingdom and reduce it to ashes and rubble. Not only giving the relic up but fucking off was so backwards. She still doesn't have the power to protect herself, she gave the league of evil a black eye, and she's still a very valuable piece on the board to be taken at any opportunity. For Salem who apparently made it out of the great war despite Ozpin having two entire mobilized kingdoms at his disposal, Raven's still a whim away from getting fucked. Just everything with her tribe and raven herself this volume has been so backwards.
>>
File: 1514348696085.png (156 KB, 384x509)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>2531938
>I value strength above all things, the strong survive and the weak die.
>Hey, meet my tribe of elite raiders who can't beat a teenager in a 7 v 1 fight.
>>
>>2531928
The point of it was that Raven's a coward and that when given the choice between "Power up and fight eventually" or "Pawn the power off on someone else and let them be a target", she chose the latter.
>>
>>2531944
Nobody forced Raven to pursue the relic. She had a target on her back because she was a Maiden, and she decided to cover herself in brightly flashing LED lights to become completely unmissable by trying to get the relic and fucking over Salem's goons. Giving the relic to Yang didn't remove those lights not the target; she still is a Maiden, she still fucked over another Maiden, she still defied Salem and her merry band of edgelords.
>>
>>2531944
I'd say the problem is that Raven will still have to fight eventually regardless. As a maiden she's a target (though presumably a less important target than the Summer and Winter maidens for now); either Cinder will crawl out of that pit and tell Salem she's the spring maiden, or Cinder will be MIA for a while and the bad guys will assume Raven killed her thus making her the main suspect for the fall maiden powers
>>
>>2531944
No. The point of it was shitty writing because she knows she just spat in Salem's face and screwed her over. And she knows that Salem is entirely capable of tracking her down, so how the fuck, in any world, does it make sense for her to just hand off the LITERAL power of the gods, that was her only bargaining chip or defense against Salem's forces.

When you steal a bunch of guns from a cartel boss, and kill someone they liked, and your choices are now:
A) Run and use the guns to arm and protect yourself or
B) Give all the guns to some school children who want to fight the cartel, because surely the cartel leader thinks fair is fair and wont bother you now that you gave away the guns

You don't choose B. No one does.
>>
>>2531945
>>2531948
Salem doesn't give a shit about Maidens beyond them being the keys to the Relics. She just wants the fucking Relics. Now that Raven unlocked hers, that she's the Spring Maiden is irrelevant, as Yang is the one who has what she wants. And the only reason she gives a shit about Cinder is, again, getting another Relic.
>>
>>2531942
>Anyone can get an aura, you just need someone to jumpstart yours so you learn to sustain it on your own
>You can make this stronger with time and effort
>Don't even have aura
>Get closer instead of trying to spread out and wear her down for what little help that'd give
>M&K completely blank Raven's a maiden and have her give up the relic when she and her tribe remain priority targets
>Which I guess isn't a problem cause despite all the locals knew exactly where she was nobody with any degree of authority and info collection don't.
>Vernal doesn't have an aura too, ain't that a surprise.

>>2531944
>Coward and league of jobbers inc. stay in the boonies and try to stay out of everything
>Mr. fucks off for months because he suspects a traitor just plugs his electronic device into another guys system and infodumps in complete disregard for the ONE JERB not being done informing Salem in the process where the branwen tribe is. Which apparently half the continent also knew for however long she's been on her quest to be an asshole in that specific spot...
>Able to make at least one additional portal bind or change them trivially
>Able to port in taiyang and work with everyone to gank cinder then secretly fuck off with the relic setting Salem back years.
>Nope
>Fights Cinder and wins yet unlike an actual coward doesn't make sure the job is done in a world of supers and monsters that shrug off far, far, far worse than what she dished out
>Gives up the nuclear deterrant so there isn't even more reason to leave her small pocket of the world alone and fucks off
>She's backstabbed salem, "cost" her a maiden, a relic, and a plot
>And she's still a maiden with monolithic power for the taking still as alone as ever
Wouldn't it be oh so funny if the cutest lil' scorpin's finds their next most ineffectively designed camp in the world that everyone but the MC's know about and gives her the ol' tricky pricky then haul her off through the camp of jobbers to get the succ?
>>
>>2531951
>Wants to beat Oz
>Do I want another extremely powerful follower when they can 1v1 me fgt u no u wont the old dipshit
>Nah I'm good
>>
>>2531951
Yeah, I'm sure there's no way Raven will be on Salem's shitlsit after she HANDED A RELIC TO OZPIN and probably crippled Salem's maiden. Are you retarded? Raven severely fucked over her plans. All giving the relic to Oz's group did is remove any chance she had of being able to protect herself from Salem, and firmly establish that she was Salem's enemy. She is so much worse off now than she would have been if she had just ran with the relic. If she was going to give up the relic to redirect Salem's anger, she should have given it to Hazel, not Yang.
>>
>>2531930
>damn really?
No not really. Anon is talking out of their ass.
The only thing Vol 5 killed was Misa's smile and optimism.
(insert the "emerald killing herself" sketch Misa drew and posted right after chapter 14 aired)
>>
>>2531936
>They better than anyone know a turd anime when they see it
>implying Japan has taste
Anon, have you seen the current state of anime these days?
RWBY may be far from perfect but I can count the anime series over the last 2 years that I personally consider better than RWBY on one hand.
>>
>>2532019
>(insert the "emerald killing herself" sketch Misa drew and posted right after chapter 14 aired)
Did she really? Christ... Why don't you actually post it?
>>
>>2532023
Not them, but you are fucking deluded. RWBY is significantly worse than even the low end of recently aired anime.

>>2532028
It really wasn't a big deal. People just meme about Misa too much.
>>
>>2532028
I didn't save it and it's buried in Misa's twitter feed since the girl posts basically every hour on the hour it seems.
>>
>>2532187
Define "the low end of recently aired anime".
Because personally I've enjoyed RWBY (as a whole at least) significantly more than I ever enjoyed stuff like Kill la Kill or either season of Attack on Titan.
>>
>>2531712
>most if not all of the fan-preferred ships are dead
>most of everyone is now fully realising that the show is just plain bad
>Japan is probably moving on to some new FotM by now
>V4 and V5 killed any goodwill V3 created with the public by being so fucking awful

Yeah, only a stellar development in V6 could possibly save this series, but because this has zero chance of actually happening I think the series will end there.
>>
>>2531951
If Salem doesn't care about Maidens, and if Raven just wanted Salem to fuck off, Raven would've either just unlocked the relic for Cinder and then teleported outta there or helped Qrow. Yet she, for some reason, wanted to acquire the relic for herself, because something something that's the only way to survive, completely disregarding the fact that having the relic would've made her Salem's #1 target, and she needed Yang to spell that fact out to her.
>>
File: 55442320_p8_master1200.jpg (492 KB, 831x1200)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>2532229
As in you would have to seriously search to find something that is actually worse in quality than RWBY. As someone who didn't like KLK or SNK, both are completely out of RWBY's league. RWBY is so much worse it shouldn't even be compared.

Imagine for a moment that KLK, SNK, or a show like SAO are Momoiro Clover Z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIokp4MonxE

Momoiro Clover Z aren't, by any stretch, particularly good. It's generic, overproduced idol jpop crap that weebs eat up. But it's also still of decent general quality.

This is RWBY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbMRIWXhjGw

An incredibly badly done attempt at a similar genre to those shows--except that instead of being 5 teenage girls, RWBY is a show produced by a company with hundreds of employees by a crew being paid a real salary to produce it. Which is why, as anon said >>2531936

>It was understandable and cute when it was monty and five other weebs but that's far from the case anymore.
>>
File: 2470411.jpg (692 KB, 1868x2200)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
All I hear is "blah, blah, blah, /co/, blah blah blah" when all I want is lesbians.
>>
File: dc0hvi3.jpg (148 KB, 829x963)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>
File: 1oc9jZBU1r6qp.png (537 KB, 940x1200)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>
>>2532229
Your taste being terrible doesn't mean that RWBY holds a candle to the two anime you just mention, you know. Everything from the characters, voice, soundtrack, animation, style this show is just so fucking far behind. I would give it some points for the world building and fight choreo, but too bad now that Monty had passed they have gone to shit too.
>>
File: 2446882.jpg (168 KB, 868x1228)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>
Only problem with RWBY was that V4 and V5 are intentionally filler, which is only an issue because the wait for each volume to release. Content wise if they had just combined those two in some sort of abridged from it would have been much easier to take. (V5 had a lot of 11 minute episodes again, that only a fraction offered meaningful content).

I think V7 will be the finale. 6 will be the dissolution of Salem's generals, and figure out where Fall's powers went and who the other two maidens are. 7 Will just be the battle against Salem and Ruby harnessing her full powers.
>>
>>2533286
It's not even with it being intentionally filler. You can do filler well. The problem were the plot holes which were a clear result of a lack of editing the script before production even starts and many. many, many scenes were it was crystal clear that they mangled the F U C K out of the show to suck animators off for this or that instead of just announcing a delay or doing a biweekly release. It's been five fucking years of this, it's not some new twilight zone incident. It's just stupidity, arrogance and neglect. Which is a real damn shame, because Monty gave them a great world to do shows in until the end of time and they're fucking ruining that.
>>
File: Sienna's pet Kali.jpg (76 KB, 748x1000)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2533178
>Kali x Sienna
Yes. This. This is the content that I want.
>>
File: 1508879496158.png (2.17 MB, 1000x1690)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>2533169
Well done sis, you've found me my new favorite BB pic
>>
File: Finder's Keepers.jpg (121 KB, 850x710)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Here is your regularly scheduled Weiss abuse, fresh off the oven
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12452049/chapters/28832052
>>
>>2533169
>quality doesn't matter as long as it features my fetish

the worst kind of watcher
>>
>>
File: Harem-building 101.jpg (145 KB, 600x847)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2533453
>Shonomi
>>
>>2533449
Better than watching this thread turn into a wall of words.
>>
File: Perfection.png (876 KB, 580x3682)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>
>>2533475
>blind
I wonder where this headcanon came from. Weiss isn't that bad at fighting, come on now.
>>
>>2533477
It's not a headcanon. It's the artist just using artistic license to set up a cute team moment.
Also, the whole point of the comic is that Weiss is so good at what she does that the others didn't even notice she doesn't have depth perception.
>>
>>2533478
So a headcanon then.
>>
>>2533479
That's not what headcanon means. It's an AU if anything unless you actually think that Weiss is blind in one eye.
>>
>>2533480
If the artist thinks Weiss is blind, it's a headcanon.
>>
>>2533481
She doesn't. She thought it would be cute if Weiss was. So she drew a comic in which that was the case.
>>
>>2533478
It is a headcanon, at no point are we told or lead to believe weiss is blind in one eye.
That doesn't detract from the work at all, so stop taking bait
>>
File: Bloodhounds.jpg (95 KB, 505x1581)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>2533492
Don't be dumb. By your logic everything would be a headcanon.
The artist doesn't believe that Weiss is blind in one eye. She just thought it would be cute.
>>
>>2533500
Yeeees? If I believe Summer is Ruby's father and do a comic about it, it's a headcanon. There's nothing in canon to support it. It's only derogatory if you're being an ass about canon or other people's headcanons.
>>
>>2533505
>If I believe Summer is Ruby's father
>If
hmmm
>>
>>2533510
And it's the same with weiss being blind in one eye.
>>
>>2533515
So you're saying that Ruby having dog features and being able to track down Weiss is also a headcanon? >>2533500
>>
>>2533518
Yeah
>>
File: Whose bed are they on.png (3.54 MB, 2819x2204)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>2533522
You yourself just brought up the all-important "if."
You're either baiting or just retarded, but in either case this conversation has no point.
>>
>>2533286
>I think V7 will be the finale
Nope.
They've confirmed at panels that RWBY will likely be minimum 9 volumes long.
Also, Jessica Nigri basically let it slip/strongly hinted that Cinder isn't dead on RWBY rewind.
>>
>>2533522
>>2533505
>>2533518
>>2533492
What the other anon is trying to say but failing to communicate properly is that head-canon is different than non-canon.
Head-canon is where you believe something in the show to be true because there isn't anything in the show to disprove this belief.
Example:
Thinking Yang has gay feelings for Blake because of webm related, regardless of how much we want that to be true, is head canon because it could be true but there isn't enough evidence to 100% confirm or deny it.
Non-canon is just something that's not possibly the case in the actual canon. An AU, or just silly artistic liberty.

Hope that made it clear so you 2 can stop shitting up the already shitty thread.
>>
File: Weiss' pet Ruby.png (340 KB, 698x753)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>2533518
How about we disregard this frankly stupid argument of semantics and just post doggy Rubes?
>>
File: Its happening.webm (1.72 MB, 720x405)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB WEBM
>>2533596
And of course I forgot to post the webm like a mong.
>>
>>2533597
Rube's skirt getting torn in the flight from atlas' evil wattzbots revealing rubes has been tucking a tail when?
Weiss coming to terms with her qtpie girlfriend having been a faunus all along when?
Rubes being a sneakier agent than Blake when?
>>
>>2533617
>This is why we don't get a good look at Summer Rose this whole time.
>She's a low-key faunus.
>>
>>2533477
How is it that hard to guess? She got punched in the face by a giant suit of armor which left her with a permanent, prominent scar over the eye.
>>
>>2533624
And Blake got stabbed somewhere in her kidney area, yet I don't see cute art about RWY taking her to the doctor for her regular dialysis sessions.
>>
File: dc1un32.png (1.03 MB, 636x900)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>
>>2533625
Yes, but if someone /did/ you'd know why.
>>
>>2533632
Because they have a dialysis fetish?
>>
What do you guys think of the song BMBLB? I know it’s been out since volume 4 but I’ve only found it recently and I think it’s the cutest damn song ever

https://youtu.be/GJhiD4jvjo4
>>
>>2533632
I dunno anon, why would mutants who can regenerate in seconds need to go?
>>
Any of our ships still alive or have they been sunk?
>>
>>2533653
Ded. Between knowing they can't write romance for shit, not having the time for it in an already overcompressed plot in midget episodes, fear of "pulling a korra" and embracing their kid audience it's not gonna happen either. At least we're still getting a trickle of cute stuff to base fanart and fanfics off of.
>>
>>2533640
It's generic pop romance shit that hast little to no connection to the characters themselves because it's just generic pop romance shit.

More generally:
Like the rest of Jeff's stuff, it's lackluster in composition and instrumentation and Casey's singing is, as always, nothing special at the best parts, and grating most of the rest of the time.
>>
>>2533657
>embracing their kid audience
>political assassination and people getting impaled is kid friendly but gays are a no go.
This smells like a /co/ runoff bait-post but if you're not, are you serious?
Appealing to the kid audience is literally what Chibi is for.

>>2533653
There's still a smidge of hope for BB given this scene>>2533599 but honestly I'm putting money down that RT pussies out and doesn't make BB or BlackSun canon so as not to piss off one group of shippers or another.
Emerald/Cinder (i'm never sure what I should call this to ensure people know what i'm talking about) is pretty strong considering Emerald's reaction to thinking Cinder is dead.
Outside of that, all /u/ ships of old are dead.
>>
>>2533640
The song is corny bubbly shit and yet at the same time I can't help but have a big stupid smile on my face whenever I hear it.
>>
>>2533684
Show me Leo getting vore'd
Oh right
>>
>>2533689
>wanting them to show that
This is RWBY not Saw.
Plus, I prefer them not showing. The sound design for that scene lets your imagination paint the gore details in your head.
>>
>RWBY threads get kicked off /co/
>quality of posts for the /u/ thread immediately plummets
Really makes you think.
>>
>>2533687
Haha I have the exact same reaction, it’s just so wholesome and cute it’s hard not to react that way
>>
>>2533696
>muh /co/ boogeyman
It might, if the quality had changed at all, but since the tumblrfags are far worse than the /co/ ones, there's not much harm in them being around.
>>
File: 13f10220ac9c79fc.jpg (55 KB, 824x724)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>
>>2533684
Wait how? Did it go full het or something?
>>
>>2533684
>Thinking RT gives a shit about what shippers think
RWBY is their actual job. Get your head out of the autismsphere of shipping.
>>
>>2533684
>embracing their kid audience
>political assassination and people getting impaled is kid friendly but gays are a no go.
>This smells like a /co/ runoff bait-post but if you're not, are you serious?

You know what is sad, that is not an exaggeration, there are movies that get banned or rated as inappropriate just for having a Gay character inluso if the story is appropriate for all public.
>>
>>2533943
I assume this is asking why other ships are dead.
It's nothing new. There's just no developments with anything. White Rose is never gonna happen because RT refuses to lewd the Rube (which I get).
Any other ship other than the ones I mentioned, and the dark horse that is freezerburn don't really have anything going for them.
I mean there's Ilia, the actual only canon Gay so far.
>>
>>2533974
Yeah but they already included a gay character so this argument that they wouldn't do it in order to make it kid friendly is just dumb.
>>
>>2533971
>Thinking RT gives a shit about what shippers think
>RWBY is their actual job.
These are not contradictory statements.
Not committing to either ship allows them to let ravenous ship wars continue which has the side effect of promoting brand awareness.
I'm not even meming. I actually first discovered Star vs. the Forces of Evil because of the ship wars on /co/.

Even if they make one canon, it won't be until the last or second to last volume.
>>
>>2534025
(X) Doubt
>>
File: Kali doubt.png (174 KB, 400x400)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>2534027
>>
Boop
>>
Yang looks sort of like Ren in this one
>>
>>
>>
File: 1449007236020.jpg (741 KB, 814x1183)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
File: Garden of Ecstacy.png (923 KB, 1379x982)
923 KB
923 KB PNG
Thank you dump anon for saving this dumpster fire of a thread.
>>
File: Fug.png (157 KB, 640x400)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>
File: Dresses.png (452 KB, 1200x675)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>
>>2535782
:)
>>
I don't care about Blake and Yang.

I just want Ruby to give Weiss lots of cuddles and kisses.
>>
>>
But bumblebee is so cute
>>
>>2536740
Same to be honest. WR is super duper adorable and I really don't give a shit about Blake so her and Yang as a couple does absolutely nothing for me.
>>
File: 1411419891816.png (368 KB, 1024x763)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>2536740
I don't care about Blake and Yang OR Ruby and Weiss, or any of the intra-RWBY ships really. I think I'm some kind of dirty hipster
>>
>>2536813
So what DO you care about?
>>
File: 1447383837753.jpg (462 KB, 1155x1335)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>2536819
RubyXPenny most of all, but I'm also partial to (in no particular order) NeoXRuby, CocoXVelvet, ArslanXReese, ArslanXYang, Neo sexually assaulting Yang and/or Ruby, NeoXRuby, Neo sexually assaulting Yang while dating Ruby at the same time in one of her disguise personas, YangXPenny (As a robot arm), RubyXPenny (As Yang's robot arm), MayXShade academy's headmistress who might not even be an actual thing, MayXAll of NDGO at once, MayXEvery girl, IliaXYang, IliaXWeiss, NeonXYang, CinderXEmerald, RubyXEmerald

Not to mention shipping all muh OCs with each other
>>
>>2536833
Well damn
>>
File: Cold Baked Alaska.png (1.71 MB, 1050x1350)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>
File: 1471131223827.jpg (179 KB, 984x1199)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
If anyone hasn't seen, Chibi is back now that V5 is done, so prepare your lesbian sensibilities to get teased harder than Weiss in the locker room shower.
https://youtu.be/6YTjpH1m1wo
>>
>>2536833
>IliaXYang
Literally why. At least Ilia and Weiss can engage in dust-enhanced hate sex.
>>
>>2536909
It's probably a mutual getting over Blake rebound thing.
>>
>>2536833
Surprised there’s no Sienna Khan in there
>>
Looks like both Blake and Yang will be Free DLC in the Crosstag Battle game.
>>
>>2536896
>Velvet copying other's personalities, even if jokingly
I miss bun
>>
File: u4f8wjlbmne01.png (307 KB, 892x633)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>
>>2536833
>RubyXPenny (As Yang's robot arm)
Does Yang know?
>>
>>2537171
>Does it really need that much maintenance? You're spending hours with it!
>O-of course it does! Don't open the door, I'm busy!
>>
>>
>>2531927
>vol 5 killed rwby in japan. It's a sick joke in the west
where are your facts
>>
Triumph full version when?
>>
>>2537516
Volume 5 soundtrack when
>>
>>2537516
>>2537637
April if we're lucky.
As late as June if Jeff is lazy or gets roped into doing the soundtrack for Gen:Lock and has no time.
>>
File: Cuddles.jpg (11 KB, 259x194)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>
Would you board this ship?
>>
>>2537828
Considering the grill on the right is associated with the non binary club, NO.
>>
>>2538684
When has canon ever stopped a ship?
>>
>>2538692
Only to babbies just entering the water.
>>
>>2538684
That's just some random shit her VA spouted though.
Of course when a VA spouts random shit that supports my OTP, I hold it up like the Word of God. What? You've never seen a hypocrite before?
>>
>>2537828
It's literally nothing. What a stupid idea.
>>
>>
File: 61167357_p0.jpg (776 KB, 1200x1013)
776 KB
776 KB JPG
>>2538776
>>
>>
File: DVlgIerV4AAb7.jpg (92 KB, 750x900)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
>>2538867
:D
>>
File: 9923302.jpg (131 KB, 850x1307)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: w0rvqs9f1w6r1s1o1_1280.png (994 KB, 1280x1810)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>
>>2538760
So is Bumbleby and Whiterose
>>
>>2539365
Those are also bad ships, but at least they have actual characters.
>>
Anon's list of true facts:

1) This is the only good ship
>>
>>2539565
Too bad Neo is never coming back
>>
>>2539565
That falls under necrophilia now, doesn't it?
>>
>>2539565
Slight correct here. It's actually:
>The factually good ship(s)
My favorite ship(s)
>Factually terrible
Your ship(s)
>>
>>2539943
No?
>>
>>2539943
Don't be dumb
>>
>>
>>
>>2539946
You take that back you whore
>>
>>
>>
>>2539978
Make me, you bitch.
>>
>>2539947
>>2539948
But Neo's dead.
>>
>>2539943
please tell me she is actually coming back, literally the only vilian with Torchwick that I could give the slightest fuck about.
>>
>>2540116
WoG says she's not dead.
>>
File: 14804732946984.jpg (158 KB, 584x438)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>2540116
She's not dead, but honestly she still may never show up again because they have other characters to focus on and can't be bothered finding a place for her. Basically, I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>2540121
what kills me is they had to introduce that cast of vilians noone gave a fuck about because they are all Naruto filler episode gang of four token vilian tier of bad and uninteresting while they already had actually recognizable and like vilians, why not bring back NEO and up her a notch, why not make that other edgelord faunus do more shit ?
>>
File: 0bkqoou1v.jpg (129 KB, 1280x1280)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>
>>2540346
I need a proper Dork Ruby/Cheerleader Weiss fic. Layers of Ice was close, but the writer abandoned ship in 2016.
>>
File: 1495535770504.png (736 KB, 675x900)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>2540126
Because Neo was never a prominent villain, and they needed to introduce higher stakes in order to move away from Beacon. Granted, "higher stakes" didn't have to mean "literally undefeatable evil that can also summon Grimm thingies", and I do think they jumped the gun a bit, going from high school prom drama and tournaments to holy shit our teammate is dead and Salem wants to destroy the world or something, but then again, it's clear they didn't have any ideas on how to make the transition smoother.
Neo's purpose died when CRME stopped being a bunch of goofy memeable villains who fucked around with teenagers and stole lots of Dust for questionable reasons. Unless she joins the good guys to avenge Roman or something, but I doubt it.
>>
>>2540126
Neo was an ad hoc addition by Monty at the literal last minute, while WTCH have been planned since before V1. Shifting gears after years of planning just because one character got the Boba Fett treatment would likely be a bad idea.
>>
File: 1516519139554.jpg (48 KB, 450x516)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2540438
>Layers of Ice
>High School AU
>>
File: 67211441.jpg (447 KB, 1200x880)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s8901.png (238 KB, 582x964)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>2540620
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o2.png (274 KB, 578x1189)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o3.png (390 KB, 582x1591)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o4.png (373 KB, 582x1387)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o5.png (275 KB, 582x1268)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o6.png (240 KB, 582x1147)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z6l1zd3H1ui6s89o7.png (103 KB, 582x462)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>
File: p3z94e93L51ui6s89.png (541 KB, 779x1920)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>
>>2540712
Holy shit, I forgot Pyrrah was a thing
>>
>>2540603
But would it be a worse idea than what actually happened?
>>
>>2540770
Probably, yes.
>>
>>2540620
It's not as bad as the other modern au stuff that you find in fanfictions. Cute high school shenanigans are enjoyable to read, even if it does boil down to the same drama we see in most high school movies.
>>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/2070351/chapters/4501956
>>
>>
File: zprbS7JG1tl9khro1.png (649 KB, 1280x1760)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>
File: p3zprbS7JG1tl9khro2.png (503 KB, 1280x1810)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>
File: p3u7x6lklZ1tl9khr.png (830 KB, 1280x1760)
830 KB
830 KB PNG
>>
>>
File: Weiss giving Ruby a scarf.png (1.41 MB, 1250x1785)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>2540438
>>2540346
>>
File: d8v64jo.png (545 KB, 884x902)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>
File: p3xo5xDQ221r6qp.png (1.37 MB, 988x1920)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>2540438
I've been trying to remember the name of this for months now. Appreciated.
>>
I will always believe Qrow is Ruby's dad.
Especially since it'll allow for more Yang Ruby wincest but as cousins.
>>
>>2542256
The incest is better as sisters.
>>
So, Ilia was confirmed to not be Bi or just having some phase or simply liking Blake.
Miles confirmed she is lesbian when asked about her orientation.
>>
>>2542256
Do we have confirmation otherwise? I thought the damage to Ruby's cloak making it look like Crows was a big neon hint, it's one of the first shots in Vol 5, Ep 1.
>>
>>2542319
Kerry very explicitly spelled that out in the recent reddit AMA.
Ruby just emulates Qrow because he's her super cool and edgy uncle.
>>
>>2542319
>>2542324
>>
>>2542324
Wasn't aware there'd been a Q&A recently. Got a link to an archive or something?
>>
>>2542324
Hmm... Is it just me or do the RWBY folks answer a lot of questions to kill speculation?
>>
>>2542357
https://rwby-analysis.tumblr.com/post/170810957452/crwby-ama-w-miles-luna-kerry-shawcross-and
>>2542358
They're usually pretty tight-lipped, but this particular theory is really pervasive despite all the evidence against it.
>>
Whiterose is a nonexistent shitty version of a cliche anime ship.
>>
>>2542384
Here's your (You)

Now post more lesbians.
>>
>>2542358
They have to do that because they absolutely suck at story telling.
>>
>>
>>
>>2542451
A lot of problems to Ruby's dad would be solved if they actually show flashbacks with Summer Rose
>>
>>2542324
>Don't leave it vague to allow theories and discussions about the show

Disappointing

>Also not going with the easy plot twist to spice up the story later on

Double dissappointing.
>>
>>2542451
No, they have to do it because the fandom is a bunch of autistic faggots that get really angry when their headcanon isn't real.

The shitty writing is besides the point.
>>
>>2542796
But most of those headcannons turn out to be more interesting plot ideas then what actually happens.
>>
>>2542812
Not really.
>Hurr durr her father was secretly the other male role model Ruby was already emulating the whole time!!!!!! what a shock!! the world is turned upside down!
>It's Weiss but she's secretly a tsundere for Ruby xD and then she pretends to be annoyed by Ruby but actually loves her and they hold hands in scenes where they talk!
Seems just as awful if not a whole lot fucking worse. Certainly not at all more interesting, which is kind of impressive.
>>
>>2542384
You are 100% correct.
However WR has the cutest art so it gets a pass in my book.
>>
>>2542789
>Actually wanting Qrow to be Ruby's dad
>Not having it be that Qrow wanted to be with Summer but it was never possible because having bad luck semblance is suffering
>>
>>2542362
Is Miles really trying to convince people that Jaune isn't his shitty self-insert?

Jaune literally doesn't need to exist. Ruby is young, naive and inexperienced, and is kind of the 'dumb shonen protag', so she could have been the one that needed everything explained for the sake of exposition. Actually you can take out all of team JNPR. Penny could have done the whole maiden thing instead of Pyrrah. Even though I like Ren and Nora, they contribute literally nothing.
>>
>>2543023
>Jaune literally doesn't need to exist.
Welcome to "half the things Monty decided to add to the show on a whim". See also maidens, Neo, and Penny.

Also yeah Kerry answered that question saying Miles has been bullied into just not writing Jaune into any scenes unless absolutely necessary and it was always Kerry and Monty writing Jaune into scenes early on.

Hell, it sounds like Miles just wishes he didn't voice him at all.
>>
>>2543141
It’s not that I dislike Jaune, I just feel like he’s had more character development then Ruby has in the entire series.
And he’s not even the main character. I get that they’re all friends and all the outcast want to stick together which is fine, Nora and Ren have nowhere to go so they figured they might as well help Ruby, and Jaune wants revenge for Pyrrha.
Other then the “Silver eyes” which is obviously important to the plot; Tai could sit down and have a heart to heart about Summer with her and give some depth to Ruby, other then being a hyper toddler who likes cookies.

They could seriously explain what happened to Neo, if she’s dead, if Ironwood’s secretly repairing or making a new Penny or missing her— Just dropping little things like that here and there make stuff better.
>>
>>2543279
I maintain that the series would've been better off if Ruby and Jaune had been combined into one character.
>>
>>2543279
>I just feel like he’s had more character development then Ruby has in the entire series
That is explicitly why I dislike him. Also he's a walking talking plothole that grows up wanting to be a hunter but knows nothing about them or their superpowers.
>>
>>2543279
>I just feel like he’s had more character development then Ruby has in the entire series.

Its confirmed that RWBY is going to be a 10-12 volume Series.

So you just know that Ruby is going to have an entire volume to herself to help tie up loose ends and its going to be volume 9, a LOOONG time from now.
>>
>>2543472
>Vol 9
I think you mean vol 11
>>
>>2543472
Having to wait three additional volumes for character development with the actual character development probably going to be disappointing based off the other "character development we seen."

Maybe they could just have actually started developing her character during the last two volumes like everybody wanted.
>>
File: 1518479466251.jpg (192 KB, 1202x1401)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
I'm just upset that ruby was set up to be the main character in volume 1 but hasn't gotten any character development since then. The only effect she's had on the story is being a deus ex machina in volume 3. The only way I'll ever be ok with the lack of development is if they're trying to hide something about ruby but I doubt it. I'm just upset cause she's my favorite but I also hate her as she is now.
>>
mirror mirror on the wall
whos the cutest of them all?
>>
File: It's not gay if she's you.jpg (688 KB, 3239x3067)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
>>2544366
well duh
>>
>>2544366
>>
>>
>>2540346
ayyy i am the fucking guy who commissioned this. Noel Clover on tumblr drew it for me
>>
>>2530700
I read the OP title as shave the heiress edition

Kek
>>
>>
>>
File: Cq2OR-OUsAEp4nq.jpg (150 KB, 566x1200)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>
>>2533640

This is the gayest song I've heard since Magnet.

Man, I got into this dumbass show over the last couple of weeks because of this ship. I know I am wasting my time and will probably get cucked, but I love this kind of dynamic. The worst part is that the source material has almost no entertainment value, I just like the fics.
>>
>>2530700
Does anyone know the source on the picture op posted?
>>
>>2545130
https://weisscoldglare.tumblr.com/tagged/rwby/
It's super gay
>>
File: 1477466355991.jpg (1020 KB, 2999x2405)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
>>2544450
>>
>>2541094
this is absolutely the best thing I have ever seen
>>
>>2532240
Rooster teeth is still riding the Red vs Blue train five years after they should have ended it only because it keeps making them money. Rooster Teeth fans will watch anything made by Rooster Teeth and the fans and the crew seem to think RWBY is superbly animated and perfectly written
>>
File: deep hug.png (94 KB, 500x382)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
I have a massive folder dedicated to WR pics. Anybody interested in me dumping some it?
>>
File: 1407270516453.jpg (496 KB, 1240x930)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>2548234
I think it's best to post it all in something like an imgur album so you can post them all here at once
>>
>>2548234
>>
File: 1381.png (1.25 MB, 1241x1275)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>
>>2548349
I need more pictures of Ruby getting fingered by the spoopy demon hand
>>
>>2548463
>>2548349
And I need less pictures of cute bitches literally getting stitches. God dammit sis.
>>
>>2548935
Then maybe she shouldn't have been a cute snitch
>>
>>2548349
>stitching
Yesssss

Loving the stray finger down below as well.
>>
File: Beastiality.png (1.94 MB, 1280x1936)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>
>>2548940
>>2548935
>Stitching

What kind of weird fetish is this?
>>
>>2547142
hey now, I know that rwby isn't perfectly written, and red vs blue *could* have ended years ago, but rvb is still decent, and rwby is... it exists
>>
>>2548349
>Ruby's thumbs are bound together by string
Oh goodness me
>>
>>2548349
Where would we be without Hiwo, making weird shit like this for us?
>>
File: file.png (529 KB, 612x612)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>
File: file.png (671 KB, 612x612)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
>>2550220
>>
File: 47861064_p0_master1200.jpg (300 KB, 860x477)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
special feeling :3
>>
>>2550238
>:3
>>>/r/RWBY
>>
>>2550977
Stop oppressing the faunus posters.
>>
>>2551254
Only a dead faunus is a good faunus.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.