[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 108 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

ITT: we pretend Universe doesn’t exist.
>>
>>2590420
why? Just today i heard there was a lot of /u/ in universe, even though it is just the villains or something
>>
File: waf.jpg (71 KB, 361x254)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Oh wow, amazing bait thread. I love that shitposters will try to create some retarded fanbase war out of fucking nowhere.

>>2590521
It does? Cutie Honey is not even that popular in the west, the only related thing on /u/ was some short discussion about the series on the General Thread. There's no doubt about Re being my favorite entry in the series, which is sad that it's being used for shitposting.

>>2590525
Go back to /a/ friend, falseflagging works better there.
>>
How is embracing naked giving each other sex eyes not gay? Also even in the new one she barely talked to the detective dude.
>>
>>2590523
Probably OP means that CHU is taking a lot from the manga and the ED foreshadows Nat-chan's death
>>
report and sage
>>
>>2590420
Devilman Lady is the true Nagi yuri work. Fuck Cutie Honey.
>>
File: MR-2289-37938-8.jpg (493 KB, 1456x1046)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>2590959
Unlike many people here, I fucking love Devilman Lady but I wouldn't call it a yuri work. It's a work full of sad broken people and some happen to be lesbians but that's it.The 2 halfs of Satan twist doesn't help
>>
>>2590953
Don't be an idiot. Some crossboarder has been trying to shitpost on this board for the past few days and he involves Cutie Honey. This is their thread and it doesn't deserve to be up.
>>
>>2590962
The anime is much better then the manga. Way more Yuri too.
>>
>>2590928
I cried when she died in the original series, I don't want to cry again.
Maybe a miracle will happen and they take some liberties.
>>
Well it not having the traditional Cutie Honey opening song is already a big contra.
>>
File: hardcore bondage.gif (2.98 MB, 540x300)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>2590987
Good Ending: Natcchan dies but comes back due to some kind of lesbian magic, and turns into the more badass Natcchan we got in RE: and saves Honey from the final boss.
Bad Ending: Natcchan dies, we only get ugly lesbian villains for the rest of the series and there's a bunch of hetshit.
True Ending: ??
>>
>>2590987
There's already a big death flag with the villain saying she'll know despair while she's playing with Nat and the shadow in the ED.
I mean, episode was pretty shit, and the chance of yuri could be the only reason to watch it, but I'm pretty sure the girl will die, so I think I'll just watch Re instead.
>>
If Nat-Chan didn’t die do you guys think she might be able to win the Honeybowl?
>>
>>2591717
Hmm. Maybe.
What was her role in that 90's Honey anime?
You know the one with Misty Honey
>>
>>2591717
I think the police Nat-Chan might, the stuff they say to each other like.

>Nat: I want to eat your home cooking for the rest of my life
>Hon: Nat-Chan is my most special person

I mean It’s not 100% confirmed gay but it’s pretty up there.
>>
>>2591717
According to Nagai, Honey loves everyone like a mother. She's like an angel (expanded on Violence Jack) or an ecchi Kannon-sama but you guys don't like uncle Go that much anyway.

>>2591727
If you mean Flash, Nat-chan was Honey's BFF but nothing gay between them. Both were boy crazy and Flash is the straightest Honey incarnation ever it even ends with Honey and Seiji getting married and having a girl
>>
>>2591824
I wasn't asking for gay specifically, just if Nat-chan died in that one as well. That the show was het was one of the few things I remembered.
>>
>>2591824
So the OG Manga had no romance?
>>
>>2590959
>Yuri
>Girls get dicked all the time
Fuck off.
>>
>>2591850
Nat-chan doesn't die on Flash

>>2591851
Not that I remember. The OG anime shipped HoneyxSeiji a little but not so much
>>
Well this isn't a direct adaptation of the original manga. It's mostly based on it but a bunch of stuff is new or different such as Seiji being a cop instead of a journalist, Jill's double agent activity and Nat-chan apparently being aware of who Honey is. They know everybody expects Nat-chan to die, so it could be that they're leading us on and the twist is that she doesn't. We really can't know until it happens.

Anyway, you can always watch for the teacher's display of pure love.
>>
>>2591853
So bisexuals don't exist?
>>
Nagai seems to be someone whose a Yuri fan, but also likes het. Nothing wrong with that. His mangas and animes have plenty of both. I dont think Yuri exclusive people (the purity fags) shouldn't watch or read his stuff.
>>
>>2591915
>yuri exclusive
Honestly it sounds more he pays lip service to yuri as a concept while making het. Thus his work can be qualified as het until proven otherwise.
>>
File: Cutey_Honey_v1_-_159.jpg (189 KB, 824x1200)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>2591915
> Nagai seems to be someone whose a Yuri fan
>>
>>2591915
He seems to be more into BL. Two of his works, Devilman and Grendizer, were very important for the birth of the BL market and in general DP works often get BL fanworks only despite all the tits and asses
>>
>>2591889
They exist, but that doesn't make it yuri.
>>
File: 240357.jpg (28 KB, 225x350)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2591934
Best bi character ever created.
>>
>>2591934
>A bunch of cute girls declaring they have no interest in men.
Nothing wrong with that at all.
>>
>>2591952
Trying being more sincere and maybe others will agree with you.
>>
File: d1tdofw0o2_1280.png (480 KB, 1280x720)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>
>>
I hope these two fuck. Police yuri is the best.
>>
>>2591915
Nagai is shit. Every time his works get better version by someone with actual talent.
>>
>>2592091
Even shows with no lesbians whatsoever gets threads here as long as there is enough shipping fuel and fanart
this show DOES have lesbians, and you think it doesn't belong here because the protagonist MAY not end up with a girl?
>>
>>2592092
There are people on /u/ who will invade every thread they feel is about something that isn't yuri. They also start arguements in every CCS thread because Sakura ended up with a boy instead of Tomoyo and CLAMP (apparently) hates lesbians. It's not "yuri" to them unless the main character ends up with another girl at the end. It doesn't matter if the series is full of lesbians and the bisexual MC ends up with a guy. It's their standards or it's trash that doesn't belong here.
>>
>>2592013
You mean kinda like with the artist of Sailor Moon?
>>
>>2592092
>this show DOES have lesbians, and you think it doesn't belong here because the protagonist MAY not end up with a girl?

One thing is to have lesbians and another is Yuri and yes, they are different things.
It's like saying that Baka test and Hayate are Yuri because they have a lesbian, in the end not even that is important.
That's why there are idiots who think two girls having sex with a man is Yuri and a story with two girls in love, even with kisses, is not considered Yuri because there is no sex.

In the end what matters is what you do with your elements, a story of a lesbian with a lot of sex with girls, but in the end you end up married to a man, it's just bullshit. (even if it is bi)
>>
>>2591943
Hmm, what is the japanese term for bisexuality anyway?
Would help in tagging shit because yuri is also used for tagging purposes even if it's just a single lesbian sex scene in a hentai and that isn't exactly helpful in looking shit up.
>>
>>2592340
It wouldn't be helpful because most people here are very out-of-date or inaccurate the terms they use.

The best example is "shounen-ai". It hasn't been a genre in Japan since the fuckin' 90s or earlier and now refers to liking REAL underage boys, yet people still casually throw it around in conversation.
>>
>>2592228
Yeah. Sailor Moon manga is also pretty shit and the anime made it better.
Then the new show tried to follow the original manga and everyone hated it.
>>
>>2592373
I like how people tried to blame crystal for being so shitty when it actually tried to fix some of the manga's problems
>>
>>2592438
It's still pretty shit compared to the original anime. And if I remember correctly the manga was only comissioned so that they could make an anime out of it.
>>
>>2592476
>It's still pretty shit compared to the original anime.
I agree, it just that at the time I've seen a lot of people talking as if the manga was perfect and taht crystal had ruined it, when actually the original anime was the only good thing to ever come from that horrible manga.
Sailor V is still great tho, I'm pretty sure that the original anime took some inspirations from it.
>>
Probably OP means that CHU is taking a lot from the manga and the ED foreshadows Nat-chan's death

>>
>>2592438
Most of the people who hate Crystal hate it based on the shitty art and animation in the first season, and use the same few screencaps to prove their point. They conveniently don't how how much better the third season looked in comparison.

A lot of the manga's problems came about becayse the creator was rushed and pressured. She wanted to give more character development and side stories to the senshi, but was never able to. I liked the manga for what it was.

No one will admit that the 90s anime was the best between it, Crystal, and the manga because they either only watched the North American editted dub (which had a lot of shitty writing that went way beyond the "cousins" thing) or because they are manga purists.
>>
>>2591729
大切な相棒
probably no romantic connotation, but still, my heart
>>
>>2592223
A show where the lesbianism is interfered with by one of the girls getting with/crushing on a guy is no more worth discussing here than a hentai where the MC bones one half of a lesbian couple.
>>
>>2592925
your or your kins posts are constantly getting deleted, get the hint
>>
>>2591949
What anime is she from?
>>
>>2592926
Really? Because I've seen plenty of your kinds' shitposts delete en masse.
>>
File: 1517401957530.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>2592926
She has a point, you know
>>
>>2592965
what point?
/u/ is not about "the protagonist is a lesbian"
it's about "let's see lesbians in anime or at least anime styles, with occasional crossboarding threads"
Cutie Honey Universe is literally FULL of lesbians.

That's why there are like two or three comments here complaining about "This isn't /u/" were deleted by mods, because these retards don't know what they are talking about and are clearly >>2592962 just trolls.

the first episode literally starts with two cute girls making out! How the fuck is this not "anime lesbians"?
>>
File: 1511461336368.jpg (16 KB, 640x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>2592968
>don't mind the mc getting dicked, there are some lesbians in the background so it's fine.
>>
>>2592971
Enough arguing, this happens every damn time. You aren't going to change any of their minds. Just discuss yuri and post fanart, and avoid all the meta discussion.
>>
>>
>>2592974
Why else would we come to 4chan? Reality sucks.
>>
File: KlxIBWz.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
File: qjkZ9MB.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
>>2594237
>>2594238
Nothing else yuri related in 2nd episode than ending card with looking at the viewer motive?
>>
I am liking that there's a bit of subtext between Honey and Genet. Godoka knows we've been lacking in frenemy ships lately.
>>
>>2594281
They are pushing the Honey and Jill/Genet button hard.
>>
Up until now i have never actually seen anything about Cutie Honey, and thus after watching the first two /u/niverse episodes, figured it is time to finally get if off my backlog and started with the original manga.

And i have to honestly say, i can't see why this has become such a big franchise. The standards in '73 must have been really low
>>
>>2595847
Go Nagai is trash.
But yeah, standards weren't really high those times.
>>
>>2595847
same reason shit like Highschool DxD is popular today. tiddies and action
>>
>>2595847
Cutie Honey was the first of her kind. The first one to use naked transformations, the first mahou shoujo warrior, the show that introduced fanservice to anime and much more. Nagai was the pioneer in A LOT of fields, and that's why his work is so celebrated in Japan.
>>
>>2595847
It got popular mostly because of the anime, not so much the manga.
>>
>>2592942
Devil Lady
>>
>>2595847
Like Mazinger: Because CH is the first anime/manga to make the tropes it uses popular and it pushed a lot of boundaries at the time
Back in '73, anime was VERY different, so you can't expect people to have the same standards we have in 2018
>>
>>2595961
This. One of the few that get more cred than him is Tezuka.
>>
File: 1408602741668.jpg (51 KB, 467x444)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2595847
>>2595948
I tried reading the manga. It was weird.
>>
This week on Cutie Honey: Natcchan is a useless lesbian.
>>
File: cutiehoney1.jpg (375 KB, 1280x720)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>2600109
>>
>>2600109
Just like in the manga
>>
>>2600109
To be fair, Nat-chan has proved to be more intelligent than Honey and the entire PCIS. She could connect the dots and realize there's something fishy about Genet. Too bad she's going to die
>>
>>2600121
That was fucking sloppy on Jill's part. She should have had a more convincing story ready.
>>
>>2590962
it's yuri for like a few pages, then it gets a whole lot wierder
>>
>>2600121
Well aren't you optimistic, anon.
>>
>>2590962
I adore Devilman Lady, specially the manga, which I re-read every two years or so. I like the ever-present tension in Jun's and Asuka's relationship, and although there isn't much yuri, what blew my mind was the mayhem of violence and the throes of hell contained in that manga.

Of course I understand those who complain about the quality of Nagai's drawing skills at the time, or even the plot. It's not that there were lower standards then, it's just that everything was so new. We all can name many manga and anime titles that have been produced in recent years or that are being aired right now that we utterly dislike. I believe the credit for the creative spark, or the inspiration for animes to come goes for Nagai.

>>2590420
Funny thing, I go back to /u/ and I find that Cutie Honey is getting a remake. Sweet!
>>
>>2592013
>Every time his works get better version by someone with actual talent.
Such as? Devilman Crybaby was worse than the og manga.

The only adaptations that was better than his own stuff was Shin Mazinger and Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera but even then, both of them made great use of the manga.
>>
>>2595847
>>2595948
go nagai is great, only femnazis hate the manga because he portrayed lesbians for the degenerates they are
>>
>>2600247
frankly I never found interesting Devilman Lady, it was not the broken promises about Yuri (stupid Yuri's Spanish page) but that he could not appreciate the story in any way, especially with an uninsuarially bored MC, even the guy "proud of his body" He was a more interesting character. DML suffers from the same problems as Tokyo Ghoul and Ajin.

I'm not interested in the excuse "Product of their time" a good story can be sustained even years after it came out (I really love Zeta Gundam)

>>2600357
>Shin Mazinger
that is basically my favorite anime and I really love it.

>Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera
I really do not want to imagine what the original was like.
>>
>>2600365
>stupid Yuri's Spanish page
Tell me more about this.
>the "Product of their time" excuse
Indeed. Oldies are my favorites. Funny thing, I never tried Mazinger. Where do you recommend I should start?
>>
File: c 341.png (485 KB, 949x1400)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
The Cutie Honey a Go Go manga had a more normal looking and serious version of Naoko. She only appeared for a little bit before the series got canceled, just enough for us to know she's gay.

This doesn't end well, before you ask.
>>
>>2600365
Zeta Gundam was good shit. Also one of the first times the good guys got their shit slapped hard
>>
>>2600365
It seems you're talking about the Devilman Lady anime. For starters, the guy proud of his body was a recurrent character on the anime but he appeared just a couple of times on the manga and I don't really remember he had a proud gimmick. The anime and the manga are completely different, the only thing they have on common is a FeMC who happen to be a Devilman
>>
I just finished watching the Devil Lady anime because of this thread and absolutely loved it. Simply beautiful. Not sure if I'd enjoy the manga based on what I've heard here though.
>>
>>2600544
That Naoko actually looks kinda cute, though i'm not fond of the pairing

On a side note, random delinquent with scar looks sometimes cute as well in Universe
>>
Just a heads up that anyone familiar with a particularly notorious scene from the manga involving statues will probably want to skip the second half of this week's episode.
At least in this version they re-ordered it so it's not inappropriately right after all of Honey's friends are brutally murdered.
>>
More important thing so Nat-chan got killed?
>>
>>2603891
>want to skip the second half of this week's episode

Who even does that? If someone wants to watch something, they shouldn't skip anything just because they don't like it. Just drop it, then.
>>
>>2604070
>/u/ should be okay with males molesting girls
>>
>>2604076
Dude, how do you even watch anime? That's one of the oldest stock jokes on the medium. Unless you only watch shows about cute girls on secluded all-girls enviroments. Nip humor is gross and scatological
>>
>>2604081
This kind of humor has been less and less over the years unless you watch those harem shit. And shows that use it usually flop unless they're animated by Trigger or Shaft.
But Cutie Honey was also trash and this was expected.
>>
>>2604086
What about mainstream stuff like Crayon Shin-chan? Some feminists were making a fuzz about the groping on the megahit Your Name.
>>
>>2604096
Crayon Shin-chan is old and I'm sure not even you know how the episodes work nowadays. These series change tone all the time, but since I don't watch it, I can't say. Look at Osomatsu-san. Even with some questionable jokes, this kind of scene wasn't there at all.
I didn't see anyone complaining about Your Name, so I'm guessing you're taking in account one small group of people and ignoring how most people reacted to it. I never watched Your Name, though, so I can't know.

If you want to say this kind of joke is still popular, try using examples in this season. Most shows don't have it at all.
>>
>>2604096
>feminists
Eh, those make a "fuzz" over everything, I don't remember much about Shin-chan, but even stuff like Valkyrie Drive, Sakura Trick, Citrus or any yuri work that has ecchi scenes ever gets targeted by them. God, I remember when a certain group started attacking Yuru Yuri, it was hilarious and pointless. But those people just want attention, so of course they will attack anything that's seems popular at the first chance they get. We are talking about the kind people that weaponize other's sexuality for their political agenda.

That being said, that scene is terrible for me because of what that anon spoilered, the fact that it happens right after all of Honey's friends are brutally murdered. Sorry, but that's just horrible writing and timing anon, this whole manga is horrible, call me tumblr for having that opinion if you want, I don't care.

I like some classic manga, like Saint Seiya and Ring ni Kakero, but honestly I don't get what you people see in the classic Cutie Honey manga, the animated adaptations are better on every level.
>>
>>2604053
that part of the episode provided absolutely nothing to the plot or character development, it was just a joke, a joke that was stretched five minutes of an episode, and one that goes completely against /u/

here, i will spoil it to you: From 15:30 to 20:00 it's just:
Honey disguises herself as a statue
hijinks ensue
she removes the disguise

There, i just spared you 5 minutes of "Lol, molesting a girl is funnay~"
>>
>>2606671
I dropped the show already, anon, point is not that the scene is useless, almost everything in the show is useless filler. If something bother you that much that you need a warning to skip it, just drop the show already. You know it'll happen again. I already dropped mangas that I was kinda enjoying because of some gross scene (like rape as a joke) because I just can't trust the author to not do it again. Watch things you like by complete, or at least without scenes you dislike so much that you need to skip it.

The only no crazy lesbian will die, anyway.
>>
>>2606864
the worst part is how utterly useless the scene is, it can even become annoying and uncomfortable considering the age of the involuntary people, personally it was a rather silly moment.

for things like this can not swallow the last adaptation of Enma-kun, there this kind of humor was the norm and the "good" moments were ridiculously few, the OP was the best part.
>>
>>2606932
>the worst part is how utterly useless the scene is, it can even become annoying and uncomfortable considering the age of the involuntary people, personally it was a rather silly moment.
Well the new epsidoe again has similair idiotic scenes, Ithink after Nat-chan dead I'm just gonna drop it, it's not funny at all, it's like a teenage boy would make anime aimed at his taste and be proud of it.
>>
>>2609023
>it's like a teenage boy would make anime aimed at his taste and be proud of it.
The original manga was aimed to teenage boys
About the anime, the series composition is made by a woman, Natsuko Takahashi, and she seems pretty knowledgeable about Nagai. Many Japanese women seem to enjoy Nagai mangas considering he was very important for the birth of BL, see Clamp. This is anecdotal but when I went to see Mazinger Infinity, half ot the audience were women and a fangirl next to me was really into the movie
>>
This episode it was made very clear that Ganet/Jill's end game is to eat sweet Honey pussy.
>>
>>2609041
What I got is a Clamp vibe of kill/to be killed by the person you love.
>>
The first 3 episodes of Kill la Kill were a dozen times more rapey and uncomfortable than anything Cutie Honey has done
>>
Re: was pretty much amazing. It's not a shock that Universe couldn't top it.
>>
Natsuko survived the big death episode, you can all sigh in relief.
>>
>>2609085
>rapey
Please don't use this tumblrism here.
>>
>>2614238
>rapey is tumblr lingo
D/a, but kys.
>>
>>2614246
Words like problematic and rape are words used by tumblr in place of more precise, committed words in order to generate hysteria where there needn't be any. The counterpart words would be rape and problem.
Now that I've read more of the thread, people don't seem to think it's okay to joke about rape. This is tumblr behaviour.
If you don't think it's okay to joke about anything under the sun then you clearly don't understand humour and don't belong here.
>>
>>2614254
>Rape is counterpart of rape

Genius
>>
>>2614276
Good. Now take your shit opinion and whole thread to /a/
>>
>>2614307
I thought you might have been clever enough to figure out that I accidentally left out a y in the first rape, given the context of the post. So I didn't think it necessary to correct myself.
>>
>>2614338
Here's a Cutie Honey thread. Everyone posting here is an idiot.
>>
Just watched episode 6 of Cutie Honey Universe. I thought the earlier episodes were dark, but this one may have them beat with everyone at the school dead except for Honey and Nat, and there is no guarantee Nat is going to survive. I'd like to believe there is a way for Honey to bring all the girls back to life, but it's extremely doubtful.
>>
>>2615765
I'm kinda surprised how the anime tweaked things so that Natchan didn't get flamethrowered to death in this part..
>>
>>2615765
It was supposed to be a dramatic moment and frankly I found it funny more than anything.
>>
>>2616793
Indeed, and this gives me hope. You know, for some lesbian magic to happen. But there's nothing clear yet.

Next episode when.
>>
Finally got a chance to catch up to this. Why is Sukeban unironically the best girl?
>>
>>2618037
In the manga Cutie Honey A Go Go she gets a redesign of her character, making her look actually feminine.

But things don't end well.
>>
File: betrothal.webm (2.72 MB, 1280x720)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>
>>2623235
they weren't even subtle about it, especially with the scenes prior that
>>
>>2623236
Yeah, if they're going to kill Nat-chan now, it will hurt that much more.
Say what you will about CHU, the writer knows how to punch your heart in the groin.
>>
>>2623235
>>2623236
>>2623238
The episode title was "vows of love", for yuri's sake. They're going in hard.
I think this show has gotten quite a bit better in the last few episodes since shit started going down, and this Nat-chan focus is pretty unexpected. Hopefully they can give it a satisfying conclusion, though the franchise's track record with endings isn't great.
>>
>>2623963
The first 6 episodes were almost an entirely faithful adaption of the manga, only with a few additions for foreshadowing. I feel like the writers were told "Do a faithful adaption of the manga and as for the ending? Do whatever you feel like is best." and the writers were like "We can do yuri. Can we do yuri? We will do yuri."
>>
>>2623978
Nagai is infamous for giving total freedom to the people working on his IPs, for better or worse, and considering the lack of budget and the show opening with a lesbian orgy, most probably the staff could do what they want to while they didn't show nipples because it airs at 9:00 pm. About following the manga, I don't know, maybe Natsuko Takahashi actually likes Nagai mangas. Many nip chicks like Nagai
>>
>>2618528
I like the masculine look. It's pretty funny.
>>
File: omelette du fromage.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2623978
I also like the whole business of Jill being able to get under Honey's skin and fuck with her mind like that.
It's the sort of unhealthy, destructive relationship I find intriguing.

And once you get used to her chin, Genet is quite the looker.
>>
>>2623238
Shit you weren't wrong. They pretty much went full Gwen Stacey on us (but with more spiders involved).
>>
Why the can't kill the guys off too?
>>
>>2627362
Seiji and the silent guy have not done anything wrong, even Seiji advised Nat-chan... the problem is that stupid children and that fucking grandfather, they ruin everything.
>>
>>2627359
It's such a dick move too, because you get a glimmer of hope via Tarantula and then it just gets snatched away anyway.
>>
>>2595847
Go Nagai just mirrored what was trendy at the time into his manga.
the 70s were the age of sexploitation B movies
>>
>>2627362
what for?
>>
>>2627787
Equality, why only girls need to get killed off and perverted guys not?
>>
well, fuck me, i seriously thought they wouldn't do this. Nat-chan went full /u/ in her last words, but that won't wipe away those tears
>>
>>2627936
Well, at least we could get 1/2 Tarantula's redemption. It'd be nice if she survived and bonded with Honey along the way.
>>
I don't know why you guys get so triggered for death. I know there's a long tradition with killing lesbians, often for moral reasons, but the best het love stories involve death and unfulfilled romance. Was I rooting Nat-chan to live? Of course I did and I'm still mourning but I liked the way it was done and how it's played as a tragedy and potentially Honey losing her humanity. There are way worse yuri deaths, see St Jerjes on Onii-sama, especially the anime (that freudian innuendo with the train). I would never not be mad.
>>
File: 1528638854087.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>
>>2632419
Are we getting a TarantulaHoney ending?
>>
>>2632439
I get far stronger death flags for Tarantula than i ever got for Nat-chan, so i don't think so(also the fact that she is kinda a loli now makes it off) instaed i think she is more of a younger-sister type for Honey now.
>>
File: 08.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>2623978
Speaking seriously, the concept was obviously to take the old title, both story and character design, and fill it with a new meanings. Developing relationships was the obvious way, and giving the ecchi nature of the franchise, it had to be /u/ relationships, because why would you care about Hayamis anyway.
And in Re Jill also tried to subvert Honey, although in completely diggerent sense.
>>
Tarantula/Dragon ship is strong.
>>
So overall, how gay is Universe in comparison to Re? Is it gay enough to count as being in the yuri genre like Re is considered to be? I mai tain a list of all the anime I can find that have yuri as a central plot element and doesn't cheat the viewers and therefore must know these things.
>>
>>2640816
*maintain
>>
>>2640816
honestly it is not a very good story and you will have to endure two characters that remind us that we have made progress, but I need to see the end for a real trial, but Re is still better.
>>
>>2640825
Quality doesn't matter at all. I have shitty anime on it like Project ICE (no matter how bad Universe is, it's better than ICE, 100% guaranteed). What matters is that it is gay and it exists.
>>
>>2628112
>but the best het love stories involve death and unfulfilled romance

Because the best thing about het relationships is when it's over.
>>
>>2640816
>Is it gay enough to count as being in the yuri genre
Yes.
>>
>>2641051
So... let's say we have a scale.

Cutie Honey Flash is a 1, as in, everyone including Natsuki is hetero and there's not a lesbian or bi girl in site.

RE: Cutie Honey is 10, as in flamingly yuri.

Where would Universe fall?
>>
>>2641200
that will have to wait until we know how it ends.
Honey could be bi, she really is the most vague one from the entire cast.
Natsuki is totally gay, she and honey had a metaphorical marriage, before, you know, Natsuki got killed off. however something in the latest episode might imply she could be brought back
every single female cast member other than those two and the two cops(have shown no interest in anyone yet) are 100% gay.

In other words, it depends on what happens to Honey from here on out. Whether her relationship with the cop guy will change or whetherNatsuki will be brought back to life
>>
No het ending but literally everyone, including the grandpa, grows tits and it's fucking weird
Also Naoko comes back to life for some bizarre reason and is also black now. Alas Nacchan stays dead.
>>
After Conflated ending this too was a disappointment, especially seeing Naoko getting back for whatever reason, and Nat-chan staying dead for the idiotic tragedy yuri angle for real just because.
I'm more pissed that Nat-chan death didn't bring to Honey such drastic reaction than now Junpei and all other almost getting killed moment to unlock her full power, another bullshit.
Fuck it, another show which had a good build-up but wasted the ending, especially that it looked Nat-chan was present in that crystal room or something episode before.
It really feels the work was written by a perverted old guy, but Devilman and Devilman lady had same tragedy ending for MCs so maybe that his fetish.
>>
File: 1529846661311.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>2642979
I didn't think it was a bad series overall, but the ending wasn't great. Especially considering how much work they put into setting up Honey and Sister Jill having a personal connection. Think about how much they could have done with that!
Jill is almost the secondary protagonist of the show and the only one that's glued into her secret identity is the audience, making us her unwilling accomplice in breaking and subjugating Honey.
I think that this relationship needed to be the crux of CHU.
>>
>>2642979
The thing that weirds me out the most is the last scene of Honey crying and kissing the ring. It was such an obvious declaration of love it makes it even more sad. And they somehow portray that scene as a happy new start (cherry blossoms, sunshine, the school being repaired).

It's like the writers had the same motive as Sister Jill.
>>
>>2642979
Or that's just how he thinks stories should end, not necessarily that he gets off on it.
>>
late, but finish seeing this, conclusion? Re is better on many levels.

at the end they showed cuts of the original Manga and honestly that made it worse, this Anime was not worth it and honestly it never seemed good to me, it was like Doron Enma-kun again.
>>
In the end, is there enough yuri content in Universe to consider it "yuri"?

Note that I'm not asking for personal opinions on whether or not the anime was good or whether the yuri is well-portrayed. I just want to know whether it IS yuri or not.

I maintain a list of yuri anime, and whether this show is yuri or not is all that is necessary for inclusion. It wouldn't even be the worst trash on my list anyway.
>>
>>2647924
I guess? It's got tragic lesbians, psycho lesbians and comedy lesbians all in one.
>>
>>2647941
In order to count for my list, the lesbians need to be either central to the plot or have a constant presence. Does this apply to Universe?
>>
>>2648007
technically yes. 97% of the care are confirmed lesbians. 1% is "It's clear they are gay, just never confirmed to actually be it", another 1% doesn't have a single instance of showing romantic interest and the rest are just comedy relief characters.

And there are two girl-girl relationships that are central to the plot, but they never go beyond "i blush everytime i see her and i say "i like you more than anyone else" but i will never imply i want more than this"
>>
File: 1391989386375.jpg (29 KB, 400x220)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
what a shit ride this was. How could they fuck it up so bad?
It started out ok and they had nice ingredients to work with, like Genet, spider girl, cool soundtrack and opening, appealing character designs and Maaya Sakamoto as the lead voice, come on...
That stupid kid and his dad-pa + the high horsed detective lolis should have never made an appearance (or at least in the case of the latter, should have been way better worked).

I couldn't even focus on the yuri, I'd say it barely existed between Natchan and Honey. It was borderline deep friendship imo, with Natchan saying "daisuki" as opposed to "aishiteru", which I'm pretty sure is what Natchan in Re said, so more points for RE.

Op is right, let's pretend this show doesn't exist.
>>
Well, that was pretty bad.
>>
File: She stands between them.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2647924
The whole plot practically revolves around yuri. Another point is that most of it is not very healthy. But whether it's about Sister Jill's sadistic obsession with Honey or a doomed love of Honey and Natsuki, this is undeniably it. And there's more, even outright lesbian sex… although it doesn't look pleasant.
Which brings up the topic of a massive fan disservice that permeates the show, and frankly speaking, is probably intented as one of its distinctive points. This is how they uphold franchise's traditions.
>>
>>2649870
>>2656452
>>2656756
What bugged me was that whats his name detective guy discovered the secret room where it looked like all the people killed off including Nat-chan where, and then they did nothing with it. It seemed like she could either be brought back from that room, or Honey could have used her air whatever device to bring her back. Instead they were shitty with the ending and left Nat-chan dead. Very disappointing with how things ended..
>>
>>2656756
>Another point is that most of it is not very healthy.
Only obsession is portrayed as unhealthy. Jill's obsession with Honey and Tarantula's blind obedience is framed as bad while Natsuko and Honey's love is framed as beautiful and healthy as Natsuko's love did help Honey start to heal.
>>
>>2656756
And the ending didn't turn out hetero, did it?
>>
>>2657070
not at all. The main guy is treated as a friend, maybe as a brother-type, no romantic feelings at all.
>>
>>2656452
50/50.
>>
>>2656452
Understatement of the year.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.