[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

ITT: we pretend Universe doesn’t exist.
>>
>>2590420
why? Just today i heard there was a lot of /u/ in universe, even though it is just the villains or something
>>
File: waf.jpg (71 KB, 361x254)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Oh wow, amazing bait thread. I love that shitposters will try to create some retarded fanbase war out of fucking nowhere.

>>2590521
It does? Cutie Honey is not even that popular in the west, the only related thing on /u/ was some short discussion about the series on the General Thread. There's no doubt about Re being my favorite entry in the series, which is sad that it's being used for shitposting.

>>2590525
Go back to /a/ friend, falseflagging works better there.
>>
How is embracing naked giving each other sex eyes not gay? Also even in the new one she barely talked to the detective dude.
>>
>>2590523
Probably OP means that CHU is taking a lot from the manga and the ED foreshadows Nat-chan's death
>>
report and sage
>>
>>2590420
Devilman Lady is the true Nagi yuri work. Fuck Cutie Honey.
>>
File: MR-2289-37938-8.jpg (493 KB, 1456x1046)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>2590959
Unlike many people here, I fucking love Devilman Lady but I wouldn't call it a yuri work. It's a work full of sad broken people and some happen to be lesbians but that's it.The 2 halfs of Satan twist doesn't help
>>
>>2590953
Don't be an idiot. Some crossboarder has been trying to shitpost on this board for the past few days and he involves Cutie Honey. This is their thread and it doesn't deserve to be up.
>>
>>2590962
The anime is much better then the manga. Way more Yuri too.
>>
>>2590928
I cried when she died in the original series, I don't want to cry again.
Maybe a miracle will happen and they take some liberties.
>>
Well it not having the traditional Cutie Honey opening song is already a big contra.
>>
File: hardcore bondage.gif (2.98 MB, 540x300)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>2590987
Good Ending: Natcchan dies but comes back due to some kind of lesbian magic, and turns into the more badass Natcchan we got in RE: and saves Honey from the final boss.
Bad Ending: Natcchan dies, we only get ugly lesbian villains for the rest of the series and there's a bunch of hetshit.
True Ending: ??
>>
>>2590987
There's already a big death flag with the villain saying she'll know despair while she's playing with Nat and the shadow in the ED.
I mean, episode was pretty shit, and the chance of yuri could be the only reason to watch it, but I'm pretty sure the girl will die, so I think I'll just watch Re instead.
>>
If Nat-Chan didn’t die do you guys think she might be able to win the Honeybowl?
>>
>>2591717
Hmm. Maybe.
What was her role in that 90's Honey anime?
You know the one with Misty Honey
>>
>>2591717
I think the police Nat-Chan might, the stuff they say to each other like.

>Nat: I want to eat your home cooking for the rest of my life
>Hon: Nat-Chan is my most special person

I mean It’s not 100% confirmed gay but it’s pretty up there.
>>
>>2591717
According to Nagai, Honey loves everyone like a mother. She's like an angel (expanded on Violence Jack) or an ecchi Kannon-sama but you guys don't like uncle Go that much anyway.

>>2591727
If you mean Flash, Nat-chan was Honey's BFF but nothing gay between them. Both were boy crazy and Flash is the straightest Honey incarnation ever it even ends with Honey and Seiji getting married and having a girl
>>
>>2591824
I wasn't asking for gay specifically, just if Nat-chan died in that one as well. That the show was het was one of the few things I remembered.
>>
>>2591824
So the OG Manga had no romance?
>>
>>2590959
>Yuri
>Girls get dicked all the time
Fuck off.
>>
>>2591850
Nat-chan doesn't die on Flash

>>2591851
Not that I remember. The OG anime shipped HoneyxSeiji a little but not so much
>>
Well this isn't a direct adaptation of the original manga. It's mostly based on it but a bunch of stuff is new or different such as Seiji being a cop instead of a journalist, Jill's double agent activity and Nat-chan apparently being aware of who Honey is. They know everybody expects Nat-chan to die, so it could be that they're leading us on and the twist is that she doesn't. We really can't know until it happens.

Anyway, you can always watch for the teacher's display of pure love.
>>
>>2591853
So bisexuals don't exist?
>>
Nagai seems to be someone whose a Yuri fan, but also likes het. Nothing wrong with that. His mangas and animes have plenty of both. I dont think Yuri exclusive people (the purity fags) shouldn't watch or read his stuff.
>>
>>2591915
>yuri exclusive
Honestly it sounds more he pays lip service to yuri as a concept while making het. Thus his work can be qualified as het until proven otherwise.
>>
File: Cutey_Honey_v1_-_159.jpg (189 KB, 824x1200)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>2591915
> Nagai seems to be someone whose a Yuri fan
>>
>>2591915
He seems to be more into BL. Two of his works, Devilman and Grendizer, were very important for the birth of the BL market and in general DP works often get BL fanworks only despite all the tits and asses
>>
>>2591889
They exist, but that doesn't make it yuri.
>>
File: 240357.jpg (28 KB, 225x350)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2591934
Best bi character ever created.
>>
>>2591934
>A bunch of cute girls declaring they have no interest in men.
Nothing wrong with that at all.
>>
>>2591952
Trying being more sincere and maybe others will agree with you.
>>
File: d1tdofw0o2_1280.png (480 KB, 1280x720)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>
>>
I hope these two fuck. Police yuri is the best.
>>
>>2591915
Nagai is shit. Every time his works get better version by someone with actual talent.
>>
>>2592091
Even shows with no lesbians whatsoever gets threads here as long as there is enough shipping fuel and fanart
this show DOES have lesbians, and you think it doesn't belong here because the protagonist MAY not end up with a girl?
>>
>>2592092
There are people on /u/ who will invade every thread they feel is about something that isn't yuri. They also start arguements in every CCS thread because Sakura ended up with a boy instead of Tomoyo and CLAMP (apparently) hates lesbians. It's not "yuri" to them unless the main character ends up with another girl at the end. It doesn't matter if the series is full of lesbians and the bisexual MC ends up with a guy. It's their standards or it's trash that doesn't belong here.
>>
>>2592013
You mean kinda like with the artist of Sailor Moon?
>>
>>2592092
>this show DOES have lesbians, and you think it doesn't belong here because the protagonist MAY not end up with a girl?

One thing is to have lesbians and another is Yuri and yes, they are different things.
It's like saying that Baka test and Hayate are Yuri because they have a lesbian, in the end not even that is important.
That's why there are idiots who think two girls having sex with a man is Yuri and a story with two girls in love, even with kisses, is not considered Yuri because there is no sex.

In the end what matters is what you do with your elements, a story of a lesbian with a lot of sex with girls, but in the end you end up married to a man, it's just bullshit. (even if it is bi)
>>
>>2591943
Hmm, what is the japanese term for bisexuality anyway?
Would help in tagging shit because yuri is also used for tagging purposes even if it's just a single lesbian sex scene in a hentai and that isn't exactly helpful in looking shit up.
>>
>>2592340
It wouldn't be helpful because most people here are very out-of-date or inaccurate the terms they use.

The best example is "shounen-ai". It hasn't been a genre in Japan since the fuckin' 90s or earlier and now refers to liking REAL underage boys, yet people still casually throw it around in conversation.
>>
>>2592228
Yeah. Sailor Moon manga is also pretty shit and the anime made it better.
Then the new show tried to follow the original manga and everyone hated it.
>>
>>2592373
I like how people tried to blame crystal for being so shitty when it actually tried to fix some of the manga's problems
>>
>>2592438
It's still pretty shit compared to the original anime. And if I remember correctly the manga was only comissioned so that they could make an anime out of it.
>>
>>2592476
>It's still pretty shit compared to the original anime.
I agree, it just that at the time I've seen a lot of people talking as if the manga was perfect and taht crystal had ruined it, when actually the original anime was the only good thing to ever come from that horrible manga.
Sailor V is still great tho, I'm pretty sure that the original anime took some inspirations from it.
>>
Probably OP means that CHU is taking a lot from the manga and the ED foreshadows Nat-chan's death

>>
>>2592438
Most of the people who hate Crystal hate it based on the shitty art and animation in the first season, and use the same few screencaps to prove their point. They conveniently don't how how much better the third season looked in comparison.

A lot of the manga's problems came about becayse the creator was rushed and pressured. She wanted to give more character development and side stories to the senshi, but was never able to. I liked the manga for what it was.

No one will admit that the 90s anime was the best between it, Crystal, and the manga because they either only watched the North American editted dub (which had a lot of shitty writing that went way beyond the "cousins" thing) or because they are manga purists.
>>
>>2591729
大切な相棒
probably no romantic connotation, but still, my heart
>>
>>2592223
A show where the lesbianism is interfered with by one of the girls getting with/crushing on a guy is no more worth discussing here than a hentai where the MC bones one half of a lesbian couple.
>>
>>2592925
your or your kins posts are constantly getting deleted, get the hint
>>
>>2591949
What anime is she from?
>>
>>2592926
Really? Because I've seen plenty of your kinds' shitposts delete en masse.
>>
File: 1517401957530.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>2592926
She has a point, you know
>>
>>2592965
what point?
/u/ is not about "the protagonist is a lesbian"
it's about "let's see lesbians in anime or at least anime styles, with occasional crossboarding threads"
Cutie Honey Universe is literally FULL of lesbians.

That's why there are like two or three comments here complaining about "This isn't /u/" were deleted by mods, because these retards don't know what they are talking about and are clearly >>2592962 just trolls.

the first episode literally starts with two cute girls making out! How the fuck is this not "anime lesbians"?
>>
File: 1511461336368.jpg (16 KB, 640x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>2592968
>don't mind the mc getting dicked, there are some lesbians in the background so it's fine.
>>
>>2592971
Enough arguing, this happens every damn time. You aren't going to change any of their minds. Just discuss yuri and post fanart, and avoid all the meta discussion.
>>
>>
>>2592974
Why else would we come to 4chan? Reality sucks.
>>
File: KlxIBWz.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
File: qjkZ9MB.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
>>2594237
>>2594238
Nothing else yuri related in 2nd episode than ending card with looking at the viewer motive?
>>
I am liking that there's a bit of subtext between Honey and Genet. Godoka knows we've been lacking in frenemy ships lately.
>>
>>2594281
They are pushing the Honey and Jill/Genet button hard.
>>
Up until now i have never actually seen anything about Cutie Honey, and thus after watching the first two /u/niverse episodes, figured it is time to finally get if off my backlog and started with the original manga.

And i have to honestly say, i can't see why this has become such a big franchise. The standards in '73 must have been really low
>>
>>2595847
Go Nagai is trash.
But yeah, standards weren't really high those times.
>>
>>2595847
same reason shit like Highschool DxD is popular today. tiddies and action
>>
>>2595847
Cutie Honey was the first of her kind. The first one to use naked transformations, the first mahou shoujo warrior, the show that introduced fanservice to anime and much more. Nagai was the pioneer in A LOT of fields, and that's why his work is so celebrated in Japan.
>>
>>2595847
It got popular mostly because of the anime, not so much the manga.
>>
>>2592942
Devil Lady
>>
>>2595847
Like Mazinger: Because CH is the first anime/manga to make the tropes it uses popular and it pushed a lot of boundaries at the time
Back in '73, anime was VERY different, so you can't expect people to have the same standards we have in 2018
>>
>>2595961
This. One of the few that get more cred than him is Tezuka.
>>
File: 1408602741668.jpg (51 KB, 467x444)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2595847
>>2595948
I tried reading the manga. It was weird.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.