[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 102 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Since previous thread is on page 9. New one.

Anime - season 1 :
OP : nano.RIPE - Azalea : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfXwN5JQvg
ED : Mia REGINA - Dear Teardrop : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ha9_SFTK8
12 episodes: ended the 24th of March

OST (28th of March) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vtbpVVTPgg
Countdown arts : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ti3hub68hp1lvwi/Promotional%20citrus%20countdown.zip
=============
Studio : Passione (Hinako Note)
Director : Takahashi Takeo (Hinako Note)
Series Composition : Hayashi Naoki (Flip Flappers)
Character Design/Animation Direction : Ijuuin Izuro (Working!!!)
Music : Lantis (Tari Tari, Glasslip...)

Main Cast members announced :
Aihara Yuzu : Taketatsu Ayana (Date A Live - Kotori, High School DxD - Koneko, K-On - Azusa, Oreimo - Kirino)
Aihara Mei : Tsuda Minami (Yuru Yuri - Yui, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Miho)
Taniguchi Harumi : Fujii Yukiyo (Amagi Brilliant Park - Latifa, Re:Zero Mimi)
Momokino Himeko : Kubo Yurika (Love Live - Hanayo, Galko-chan - Fushigi-chan)
Mizusawa Matsuri : Izawa Shiori (Sword Art Online - Argo, Symphogear - Micha)
==================

Scans on Dynasty (CT on Dynasty now) : https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus
Anthology booklet short stories: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus_anthology_lovely_party
Anthology book: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus_anthology

Translations are done by Chaosteam

Latest translation: Chapter 37: skinny Yuzu, twins back, Matsuri's investigation agency to find the manager, Mei not seen in 3 months.

Next
- Chapter 38, 18th of May
- Fanbook : 27th of April

DVD and blue-Ray : 3 episodes per volume
Volume 2 : 2nd of May
Volume 3 : 2nd of June
Volume 4 : 3rd of July

Drama CD volume 9 :
Track 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWcUKK68qg&t=23s
Track 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEUfYGOIH4&t=194s
Track 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAlJ2qROP8

There are also two drama Cd tracks with BD n°1.
>>
File: distance.jpg (42 KB, 1200x419)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
>>2600737
Nina and Mei talking is really interesting....maybe the sisters have some contact with Mei or maybe she just picked up Yuzu's phone...
>>
>>
>>2600744
She picked Yuzu's phone, you can hear Yuzu's ringtone, popularised in the anime. Mei just picks it cause Yuzu is not here to answer after she saw it was Sara. Mei learned to use a cell phone it seems.
>>
>>2600747
Yuzu is a goddess of supplex, after Sara, Mei is another victim of Yuzu wrestling talents.
>>
File: Image.png (1.57 MB, 1002x1637)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Our author ghost account has sure an obsession for sexy Mei.
>>
>>2601118
Sabu confirmed.
>>
>>2601118
It's rape time Mei-san
>>
>>2601235
Yuzu becomes a rapist? Maybe I should give Citrus a second chance
>>
>>2601249
Well, she definitely became proactive in volume 8 and also 9 (chapter 33) before being shot in her flight by Mei's note. Yuzu was on full topping this ass mode but now, seeing how broken, scarred and depressed she is ... she'll have a hard time to be back to the Yuzu we knew.
>>
File: 41515.png (123 KB, 512x214)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>2601259
Yuzu will never be the same anymore. She probably won't be naive anymore. Her friends in chapter 23 made a huge impact in her life, and the same will happen now. I bet Yuzu will get a major character development this time, and i'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>2601283
Hardened Yuzu? Indeed, it could transform Yuzu, with the good "life shit make you stronger and wiser if you overcome it".
>>
>>2601286
The likelihood of Yuzu being "hardened", outside of a temporary thing is really low. Yuzu's already done her development. She started as an innocent girl that didn't take her future very seriously, dreaming of falling in an innocent love with a guy. Now she's become more responsible and cool, but hasn't lost her free-spirited and sweet gyaru personality.. At worst, she's going to be a bit broody until this all blows over. What you describe as happening would probably only happen in western writing where writers love making edgy sarcastic cynics.

The one who will change after this is over is Mei. She's been slowly trying to open up to Yuzu and be affectionate, but on top of being socially awkward to begin with, her guilt over knowing the responsibilities expected of her prevented her from fully opening up.
>>
>>2601425
It's nice to see Yuzu's development. I think she's the most developed character so far.
>>
>>2601286
Punished Yuzu.
>>
>>2601249
Yeah, i like rape too
>>
File: best girl.png (319 KB, 471x455)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
Sales?
Season 2 when?
>>
File: el kuro.jpg (7 KB, 231x218)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Mei-san? more like Men-sa.
>>
>>2601838
Shut up Kuro.
>>
File: 1519695222360.jpg (235 KB, 453x600)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>2602353
>Coming to a board he doesn't even like
Wow a fag is you
>>
Do someone intend to buy the fanbook here? Is it worth it?
>>
>>2602600
I will have it, it seems it is full of never seen hand drawing on the characters if we believe some Japanese tweets.
>>
Anyone knows what's this?

https://twitter.com/uedakana/status/990181825115971589
>>
>>2601235
HNNNG
>>
>>2603189
Ume VA earned a PS4 during a Citrus gathering event (from the team? don't know) where a lottery was organized by Yuzu and Mei's VA and where the famous Citrus cake was eaten. So she twitted about her "daughters" giving her a gift.

It seems it was something between production and all those who were part of Citrus anime, like Nano.Ripe, VAs, and maybe Saburouta. Probably to commemorate.
>>
>>2602360
>mei x matsuri

My fave crackship next to yuzu x himiko
>>
>>2603271
That's freaking adorable
>>
File: CitrusKiss.jpg (296 KB, 1600x1121)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>2600747

Scene was way better in the manga, we never got this great panel animated, sadness.
>>
>>2602603
Where did you buy it? I can't find it on amazon and cdjapan is already backordered.
>>
>>2603437
Via proxy on Infinitedayo site. CD Japan use proxy services themselves.
>>
This was my first yuri anime and manga, i was curious after i saw all of the ads on crunchyroll while i was trying to get that shit site to play videos. I was hit had for the first episode i couldnt stop cringing the entire time but i sat through every episode.

once it was finished i was happy with the ending we got but i wanted more, so i searched for scans and translations of the manga. after reading every chapter (up to chapter 35 until i saw the link in this thread) and finishing it i have to say, i feel heartbroken.

i cursed the "will they wont they" moments, i hated to see how sad mei looked, and now i cant stop thinking about their relationship. I feel conflicted for them and im still horribly saddened by the turn of events.

the only other time i felt this was was after reading Saikano, which depressed me for days. I dont think i want to continue the series, but im so tempted to keep going.

why are my feels all over the place for this series, why do i have so much emotional investment for mei and yuzu?
>>
File: 1521830724998.jpg (856 KB, 3541x2508)
856 KB
856 KB JPG
>>2603575
Well, Citrus causes mixed feelings, but for those who kept reading it, it's a strong emotional journey.

And we are investing in the characters, some in the main couple, others in Yuzu (with or without Mei), some in Mei, others in Harumi/Matsuri and so on...

The drama/climax is at its height, with so much missed occasions for Yuzu and Mei to just talk end live their story. But, it will end well, and maybe they just need that cause, until chapter 35, they weren't on the same page yet. What we can hope is that the author solves that without wasting one of the characters.
>>
File: hug.png (1.58 MB, 1528x921)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>2603575
We feel you, nee-san.
>>
>>2603575
>why are my feels all over the place for this series, why do i have so much emotional investment for mei and yuzu?

Because as it turns out, Saburota is able to write compelling characters that resonate with the readers.
>>
>>2603592
>>2603593

thanks guys, i do care about the series and even if the ending is bitter sweet i hope the ending is well worth the ride.

to this day the ending of saikano is one of the most influential things i've read next to Siddhartha, i hope the memories of this series last everyone as much as they last me.
>>
>>2603600
Indeed, resonate is the perfect word I was missing.

Yuzu is a great character but not a Mary Sue, she has flaws too, she's very human and Mei is not the unemotional ice queen she tried so much to build. Many readers can relate to one or the other.

In the end, it's a strong love story with its share of drama.
>>
>>2603616

i apologize if the terms i use sound wierd, but to me it feels like a very human and plausible love story. sure there are parts that may seem "unrealistic" but the characters have depth and you can feel their pain.

while i was reading chapter 36, every word in the apology note to yuzu felt like mei was struggling to even write the letter.

i had caught myself staring at various pages and trying to urge myself to read more hoping the next sentence would say "I'm coming home to you." only to fall deeper into the truth that it wouldn't happen.

as a person who wants be an author its difficult for me not to praise this manga for how believable its characters are. Yes the "incest" tag is on every description and that may cause some people to write it off as being more perverse that it really is, but i felt it was worth the read.

i hope for more and i hope mei and yuzu find the happiness they each deserve.
>>
>>2603623
Indeed, the characters are authentic and we really feel connected to them. Saburouta did create a great bunch of mixed and complex personalities, and as much as people can blame the pacing, or the plot, concerning the characters, the author did a good job to go beyond cliche.

I mean, the premise was a gyaru falling in love with her cold indifferent step-sister, and here the characters evaded the cliches and to have this unexpected depth. It's hard now to forget them and not follow their path to, hopefully, a shared bright future.
>>
>>2603616
I don't think many relate with Mei. If anything, most Citrus readers simply are here to root for Yuzu
>>
>>2603648
I relate more to Yuzu and I root for her in priority, but I saw here and there, not on /u indeed, people who considered themselves as awkward as Mei socially and emotionally speaking, and I think, maybe in Japan, more readers relate to Mei than us.

But indeed, Yuzu is so bright she outshines Mei in my book. And I may recognize, I didn't like Matsuri at first, but she such a very complex character and had a tremendous progression. Once again, Saburouta was able to go beyond the bitch loli cliche with Matsuri.
>>
>>2603648

Yuzu is carrying this show pretty hard.
>>
>>2603575
A forced marriage arc that is obviously a plot device for drama purposes made you feel heartbroken?
>>
>>2603767
its the hopelessness of the situation, no matter what happens, mei is determined to proceed down a path she wants, however that comes with the restrictions of her grandfather forcing her to marry someone of the opposite sex and carry on the blood line.

the feeling of hopeless love resonates with me, i dont know why but its a stab in the heart.

like i said about saikano in the end chise is left to travel through space alone forever with the body of someone she loves inside of her until she too dies. in that situation she had her love and now she will never be loved again.

in this story it feels like yuzu is in the same situation, yes shes young but your first love always feels like your last at her age. Her development almost feels pointless, she tries and tries only to have her first love taken away at every turn.

for me, the hopelessness of this relationship is heartbreaking, society demands conformity, family expectations demand conformity, and love doesnt tie into what these two girls really want.

sorry for rambling i just needed to get that off my chest.
>>
>>2604087
Yuzu really needs to move on, that shit of a coward its not worthy at all, no one force her to do this, she choose this by her own with the stupid excuse that "its for the best for Yuzu"she just took the easy way out by throwing all that support, friendship and love to the trash, we all know that somehow she will get together at the end with Yuzu but damn! she havent done nothing for her, nothing at all to be worthy of her love and heart, suffering and pain, thats the only thing this stupid chick is good at.
>>
>you know that series with 9 volumes and every single cover is of Yuzu and Mei seductively hanging on each other? I read the whole thing hoping that they don't get together.
I will never understand the people in this thread. Reader expectation is a useful literary device that many here are selectively blind to.
>>
>>2604093
im sure theres supposed to be a couple mei's in there, but on a level i do agree with you. It is her first love though, and like i said teens at that age feel like its the only love they'll ever have.

i do think this kind of relationship isnt healthy, at times it feels very one sided as mei doesnt seem to reciprocate but thats due to her closed off nature.

from the anime the line "will you need me" always stuck out to me, its a very selfish thing to say to someone who says they love you. It's a character flaw i hope doesnt become a recurring thing.
>>
>>2604093
Also, Mei's determination to inherit the Academy is weak as fuck. She even said that she can't see Yuzu anymore, because her resolve will waver.
>>
>>2604101
I want Yuzu and Mei to end up together. But the fact that Mei is always the victim waiting for the rescue is annoying as fuck. Yuzu is the one that always wnet throught hell to make their relationship work.
>>
>>2604101
>every single cover is of Yuzu and Mei seductively hanging on each other while looking at the reader
Fixed that for you
>>
>>2604101

Let's not pretend that there's anything clever about Citrus like that.
>>
>>2604105
>>2604106

that part of her letter concerned me, for someone who wants to inherit their families legacy she doesnt act as determined as she should.

is this the fault of the author or is this the fault of her gender? many women want to be successful and want to have it all, but later in life they value starting a family more than success.

also being so young is a factor, hormones really fuck with you during puberty so is it reasonable to say without yuzu in the picture she is able to reinforce her resolve and inherit the school as she wants?

id say its possible, but from my perspective i still think its a weak choice. i think mei is purposefully looking for an escape to make yuzu chase after her and drag her back out of the pits of her "helplessness".
>>
>>2603433
It was too great to get it animated.
>>
>>2604267

Instead we got some weird aerial pov after a brief close up, what was the direction in that scene all about at all.
>>
>>2603433
Some things in the anime were better executed, while others were worse.

I liked how the anime showed more of Harumin's house, made the seasons of the year easier to notice, and added bits of info to clarify some things. Like how now Sara suddenly calling off her date with Mei makes more sense, since the anime showed how put off Sara was by the way Mei was acting during their date. Mei agreeing to kiss her didn't make her happy, it caused her to have a wtf moment, since by then she realized Mei wasn't into it and was just forcing herself to go along with it. Also, it was nice how they clarified that Mei's dad offered to take her with him much earlier in the anime. The anime extra bits help flesh out Shou's character some more.
>>
So Matsuri went to the cafe and it was closed. The sign on the door said it closed as of May 1st. So that means that we're at sometime in May in-universe.

That's pretty crazy, since it means that the summer vacation from volumes 7-9 happened almost a year ago at this point in-universe.
>>
>>2604501

well the school field trip was in feb, so its not too strange to think that time is passing by so quickly.
>>
>>2604512
It's just weird that events that seem so recent to the reader are months ago to the cast.

I tend to feel a sense of disconnect when a story does a timeskip. It's almost like the post-time skip feels like a completely different story to me.
>>
>>2604219
Mei is making the same mistakes as Shou did in his past. She isn't determined to inherit the Academy, because it's obvious that she's only doing it for her grandfather's sake. And to be honest, even if Mei get married she'll probably start to regret her choices, but it would be too late for that. That's why she needs a nice character development, because right now i don't think she deserves Yuzu. She's just running away from everything, that's pathetic.

As much as i like Mei, sometimes i hate the fact that she's always the victim. The fact that Sara is coming back and will meet Yuzu is a bit convenient, because in the end Yuzu will be the one to fight for their love, even though she's depressed as fuck now.
>>
>>2604536

Mei does need to go through some character development, and what youre saying is right. She stands out as a wilting flower, she has no backbone and is content to do as others want with no "motivation" of her own.

she does have motivation of a sort but its been thrust on her, i can see this story play out in a few ways but, it still breaks my heart to see how hopeless mei's situation is.

from where i stand, if i took this story at face value and didnt look to deeply into it, id say this is more of a "beginning of the end" arc.

However, to end this story here would be a total mistake, i think this is going to be a set up into some mei character development, or as some of the others here in the thread have pointed out, a type of hardening for yuzu.

I'm not experienced in the dynamics of romance novels or the tropes that make a good romance, but if i had to guess i think that the majority here in this thread are correct.

Mei will come out of this after yuzu finds her and says she loves her, and a new arc will begin again.

mei needs a chance to grow and stop being the damsel in distress, but from the authors perspective this may be what sells books.
>>
>>2604556
Typically in this type of story the arranged marriage arc is near/is the end of the series.

See Gokujou Drops for an example of a yuri series that has pulled something similar to this.
>>
>>2604501
It seems that we are in 2012 in chapter 37.
13th of November during chapter 6, death anniversary of Yuzu's dad. 2010 (if we look at the various calendar).

September 2011. Chapter 35.
April 2012. Chapter 36
And Sara is coming during the golden week's big weekend: Thursday 03 -Friday04 - Saturday and Sunday. At least, Sara crashing at Tokyo is pretty logical, it's a big holiday that people chose for traveling, 3rd of May being a peak in travel activity.

Details, details ... indeed as always with Saburouta.
>>
File: 2010.png (90 KB, 629x344)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>2604573
Here Yuzu's calendar.
>>
>>2601485
a Gyaru denied her luvuluvu
>>
>>2604529
Non-epilogue timeskips always suck and cause the pacing to feel off.

>>2604556
Yuzu saving the day is a defining feature of the series. Mei saving the day would be a good way to show her progress, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
>>
>>2605083
I honestly disagree, I'm pretty sure Mei will be the one who does something this time.
>>
>>2605266
I would have thought this if not for the twins showing up and the fact that even Harumin and Matsuri seem primed to jump into the situation and help.
>>
>>2605266
It is the outcome that everyone wants, logically, but Yuzu is the "hero" of the manga, so, I am not so optimistic about the author's intention to change Mei's status from the self-sacrificial lamb role she put her in. We'll probably have some hints about Mei's capacity to really take things into her hands next chapter.

>>2605281
Indeed, it's pretty ironic that Sara comes back and is the one who notices, on the phone, Yuzu's distraught with her "ok...probably" when Harumi, the best friend, did or saw nothing during 8 months or put her head into the sand. Red herring? Or Sara will be the catalyst who will put Yuzu into action?
>>
>>2604568
>See Gokujou Drops for an example of a yuri series that has pulled something similar to this.

At least there we have a girl who simply refuses the wishes of her family. I do not see it happening here.
>>
>>2605359
I almost suspect that Sara showing up could complicate things by encouraging other characters to express their feelings too. Like wanting Harumin to tell Yuzu she loves her or telling Matsuri to tell Harumin she likes her. I see the situation getting worse before it gets better.

And then there's if Mei is still intent after the timeskip to marry the manager for her grandfather's sake.
>>
File: DcDnsN5UwAABlPO.jpg (165 KB, 882x1200)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Our favorite ghost account is very productive nowadays.
>>
>>2606072
Link?
>>
>>2606202
https://twitter.com/glidesloe

Funnily, he/she is present in the fanbook, in the fanarts comments section along with other fanartists.
>>
File: DcRANOzVQAYdW5o.jpg (385 KB, 1240x2603)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>2606207
>>
File: DcRijBiVAAAb3qg.jpg (368 KB, 1240x3543)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>2606865
>>
These little strips are so lovely. Too bad Saburouta decided (on her official account since this fanartist really a Sabu's touch) to give up her little strips or comics. I hope, when her busy days will be behind her that she'll do more with her side characters.
Having to wait for a volume to have a (hypothetic) bonus is too sad.
>>
File: DcPuvraUQAAyK1D.jpg (81 KB, 315x1200)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Even Mei's narcoleptic strikes at the most inconvenient moment are acknowledged.
>>
https://twitter.com/glidesloe/status/992109837726109696

Is that a porn movie in the background?
>>
>>2607014
No just the color tones of the final version. You have just a windows opened here with some work on layers. Simple multi windowed drawing app nothing more.... seriously.
>>
>>2606883
cute short comic :P
>>
File: DcccK5GVwAAm22Q.jpg (154 KB, 869x1457)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>2607022
>>
>>2608377
Yuzutop = epic win
>>
So i guess the same thing is happening to Yuzu.
>>
>>2608909
Well, it is a theory. She's in the situation she distances herself.
But we also have glimpses of the old Yuzu, when she smiles and cheers seeing Shiraho, or when she smiles about the sisters' antics on the phone.

So it's not lost, but Mei, when she will have solved her dilemma, could have some hard work to do to earn Yuzu back who could be reluctant. After all, Mei did say yes four times in the library when she promised to Yuzu to love her and be at her side.

It would be a nice reversal, but, I don't want Yuzu to be a copy of Mei. Maybe the end of the volume will be Mei coming back to Yuzu who smiles, but puts her hands on Mei's shoulders and say "sorry...". The volume 9 cover could be Yuzu giving Mei the ring back, reluctantly but because she's too scarred.
>>
>>2608954
It would be nice. But in the end Yuzu will save the day again. It’s cruel, since she’s the one suffering the most. I would like to see Yuzu feeling scared to love Mei again, but she’s too good for this world and will easily accept Mei again.
>>
>>2608968
We don't know. I mean, the author explained retrospectively Mei's behavior during 5 volumes and more. So she could at least use a full volume (11?) for Mei to patch Yuzu. especially if Mei is helped by her father to make her choice. Yuzu could think she's the default choice since Mei would be relieved of her duty. And so, another string of chapters for Mei to learn to really know Yuzu and to act an active part in rebuilding their relationship. But yeah, that would be in an optimistic view of the way the author writes her plot.
Easy road, Saint Yuzu saves the day and has no doubt to accept Mei back.
Realistic road, Yuzu makes things hard for Mei, she still loves her but her confidence in their romance needs to be patched up.
>>
>>2600737

Not recommended Yuri content?

>>2324625
>>
>>2608973
>the author explained retrospectively Mei's behavior during 5 volumes and more
I think it works for most volumes but volume 4 doesn't really fit, since volume 4 was about Mei starting to doubt Yuzu's feelings since Yuzu wouldn't be more direct about telling Mei how she felt.
>>
File: DciFOwnUQAIP-od.jpg (136 KB, 1118x1245)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>
>>2609345
At this point, i doubt that Mei will get any development at all. After talking to the twins, i guess Yuzu will get her fighting spirit again, so she'll probably save the day. I don't know why, but Saburouta has the habit to make Mei useless, i really hate it, since Mei has potential.
>>
File: fanbook fanart.png (535 KB, 411x538)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>2609363
At least, we have some sensual and romantic fanart thanks to this account because it will be long before we eventually something like that in the manga.

Is it an urban legend this "puppet account" comments I saw here and there. More and more people begin to think it's a secrete Saburouta's account, the style reminds the author, indeed, but his/her Yuzu is very different so i wonder.

I wonder if he's not one of the author's assistants or someone who worked on the anime or for the editor, because he's one of the artists present in the fanbook.
>>
File: Dcn7D-pVwAAW1Fo.jpg (168 KB, 1653x1041)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>2609805
I can believe that someone related to Sabu in one way or another as being behind this account.
>>
citrus BD vol 2 sold 947 while the DVD didn't rank at all.

Unless streaming numbers were insanely high I think it's safe to say S2 will never be a thing.
>>
>>2610296
Especially since Ichijinsha is the main producer, the BD sells don't really interest them. They wanted to promote their magazine and the manga. They are hugely promoting Triangle and probably announce soon other mangas to be adapted.

A season 2 was not really expected especially if it wasn't enough to adapt all the volumes (5-10). Season 3, totally impossible. BD are collectors content for Japanese, they are expansive.
>>
>>2610296
People who expect a second season are totally blind to the meaning of the sells numbers.

Some believe that since citrus BD 2 did sell 947 the first week and is ranking in 4th position, it's great. Citrus will disappear next week from the top 20 like the first BD. The second week, copies sell drops quickly. Citrus only sells the first week, for BD 1, the second week was very poor.

And if we compare with other anime and their total copies, the anime still does mediocre sells. It will do 1000/1200 for each volume.

And fans still think "great, 4th position the first week, Citrus sells well".
>>
>>2610296
I know there's a dropoff in sales typically, but for Citrus I can especially see why. Volume 1 was a nice setup for establishing Yuzu and Mei and how they interacted with each other. Meanwhile, the following 3 volumes are mostly just love rival of the week, which dragged down reception of the anime as a whole.
>>
>>2610342
They're also missing out on the fact that most things on the list are week 2, while Citrus' week 1 is barely any better than week 2 sales of other series.

http://www.someanithing.com/9302
>>
>>2610342
>>2610345
They need to look at total sales column to get the correct picture, which is that even though the weeks don't match up that Citrus is selling pretty poorly compared to alot of the series.
>>
File: CitrusSales.png (23 KB, 661x417)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>2610348
>>
>>2610348
>>2610346
Indeed. Total sales number is all that matters. I would have liked better sells, and I still think it did better than expected for the budget and the fact it is still a niche yuri romance anime.

But people from Citrus' communities should avoid to peddle wrong hopes and shout the sells are good.
>>
Bless him/her.

I had a funny conversation with my friend whom I introduced to Citrus after the anime. I was joking about "autistic" Mei since it became a private joke around there before explaining that Mei was inconsistently written by the author who recognized she couldn't write her. And my friend flatly, and seriously told me "she sure has some Asperger symptoms".

Fresh point of view on an character who created love/hate reactions.
>>
>>2611372
She also genuinely behaves like someone who experienced csa, but that only works if SU is putting it in on purpose and not hitting those notes by accident.
>>
>>2610296
It gets about the same number as most non rom-com romance anime, really.
The genre has always had a poor record with the only purpose for adaptation is selling books.
>>
>>2611372
I am really loving all this art from this twitter account
>>
>>2610296
Well, vol 1 had some extra, vol 2 just the creditless OP and ED. I don't even know why I keep buying it. The edition is great but that goes for all japanese editions (though Slow Start's edition is better).
>>
MEI DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
>>2611732
Except a dear Jane letter.... in the lovey dovey notebook Yuzu wrote for her. Mei exactly let down Yuzu as her father did to her... Mei inflicted the same thing she suffered from and she expects Yuzu to move on and wish her to find hapiness.

Anyway, we’ll see in next chapter if we are in the process of Mei doing something to choose her path to Yuzu but i am pessimistic. I just hope we won’t have a date between her and the manager with Yuzu and the twins stumblering on them during it.
>>
>>2611737
The method is questionable and consequences are unfortunate but the decision was right.
>>
>>2611740
How so, right decision? Seriously?
>>
>>2611740
Logical decision from a societal and conventional point of view but not a right decision... except for someone who believes that following the norm and the society’s rules is right.
>>
>>2611747
>>2611751
First of all, family and its needs come first. Secondly, high school romance is nice but it ain't gonna pay the bills in the future. Thirdly, they're both what, 17 now? They don't know shit. Actually, Mei seems to know her shit. I stand by my statement.
>>
>>2611759
Except Mei knows her decision isn't right, cause it will crumble if she sees Yuzu again. And I disagree here, Mei clearly doesn't know her shit right now, cause she chose to escape instead of confronting clearly Yuzu. So I stand by my statement too ... Mei's choice is weak, and a choice led by dishonesty is never right. Especially when you didn't stop before it was too late someone else picturing her future life with you.

Yuzu wasn't anymore in the "high school romance" state ... if Mei would have stopped before that their relationship, maybe your point of view would find some echoes in my mind, but Yuzu was already in the adult state of their love. And if it was just a high school crush for Mei she wouldn't have suffered so much ... So Mei preferred family's legacy and stability, as she was taught to treasure, more than personal fulfillment.

And I would add, Mei clearly doesn't know her shit since it's a Mukoyoshi and the manager will be the one to lead the school not Mei since he has the capacities to do so and was chosen for these reason while being the second son of another important family. So or Mei is totally blind to the real meaning of the wedding, having a male Aihara taking the family's responsibility, or she accepted to be totally fucked up... she knows she'll lose the hope to be the chairwoman of the school. So, no Mei doesn't know her shit ...
>>
>>2611773
Obviously Mei believes her decision is correct, otherwise she would not make it in the first place. She just can't help how she feels. That's what making her waver, not the supposed fact that she willingly made a wrong choice. This dichotomy is the entirety of her character so far. And the fact that her main role is to provide a continuation of the bloodline, not to become the school's headmistress, doesn't change anything about this.

There is nothing adult about their relationship. Just the fact that you wanna get in your gf's pants or you love her very much doesn't make you an adult. Actually, if you arrive at this state before you work out your common future together and both of yours personal circumstances, which you are even aware of, you are nothing but a kid that can't control its feelings. But that's okay because that's exactly what they both are.

I wanna get a happy end as much as a next guy but it would be kinda ruined if Mei just decides to fuck her gramps over and enjoy some quality time with Yuzu. Saburouta would better fabricate a happy end for everyone, and I mean everyone, that is including gramps. I can't foresee such an end that is not also contrived as fuck.
>>
>>2611824
Happy end for everyone would be Shou coming back and Ume announcing she's pregnant. But Mei backing out of her arranged marriage will likely happen, because if it doesn't then it would kind of ruin the romance of the story.
>>
>>2611824
>wanting a happy end for gramps
he fucked over his son, probably his son's wife, his daughter, and his daughter's future wife. The best thing he can do is fuck off forever.
>>
File: 1514068348871.png (236 KB, 512x512)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>2611824
>Just the fact that you wanna get in your gf's pants or you love her very much doesn't make you an adult. Actually, if you arrive at this state before you work out your common future together
I don't know about you, but I tend to figure out whether I like someone first before I figure out my "plans for a common future" and not the other way around. This goes for friends as well. In fact, it'd be kind of retarded to go about it the other way around. Why would you work out plans for a common future before you start loving them?

>>2611759
Phrasing this as attending one of the family's "needs" is disingenuous - making it sound like she's abandoning her grandfather to die if she goes with Yuzu as opposed to simply being allowed to decide for herself who she wants to spend the rest of her life with.
"paying the bills" is also misleading, implying that Mei and Yuzu aren't going to be able to support themselves financially if they decide to pursue a romance together, which isn't even close to what would happen by any stretch of the imagination. She might be wealthier, but that is something different than their ability to "pay the bills."

I think people are way too hard on Mei and that she's put plenty of effort in the relationship, but saying Mei is making the mature and informed decision here is ridiculous. Her desire to inherit the academy is driven by almost entirely by her grandfather's expectations and desire to prove that Shou isn't a failure to her grandfather, which is basically just another one of his expectations. Regardless of whether this is an "adult-like" thing to do, as adults do do stupid things to make themselves miserable for the sake of living up to the expectations from society, whether this is a good thing to do is quite another thing, and the way Mei phrases her letter indicates she's going to regret for the rest of her life considering she plans to avoid Yuzu forever, which is definitely not an indicator of healthy state of mind.
>>
Mei's resolve to inherit the Academy is weak, she even said in the lettet that seeing Yuzu would make her break down. Even if she get married, in the future she'll regret her decision, but it would be way too late . To be honest, i would've respected Mei's decision if she at least had some talk with Yuzu about all this. But now she's just running away from everything, accepting all her grandfather's wishes. She's making Yuzu suffer every fucking day.
>>
>>2611935
There is a difference between liking and loving. Obviously you wouldn't bother to plan your future with someone if you didn't like them beforehand but I reckon it's generally not a good idea to fall in love and stick a wedding ring on someone's finger before figuring out how to make it work. Or what, you say "I love you" and propose on the first date?

I used paying the phrase paying the bills just as a figure of speech. Both of them should be capable to land a good job. But imagine giving up your already acquired status and wealth for a relationship. Not a good idea. And it's not about abandoning the old man to die, it's just about abandoning your family's legacy and ruining someone's lifetime work. That's okay, I guess.
>>
File: 1503886386147.png (300 KB, 600x664)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>2612118
>it's generally not a good idea to fall in love and stick a wedding ring on someone's finger before figuring out how to make it work
Yes, in the sense that rushing headfirst into a committed relationship before actually confirming that both parties would actually be committed to it, which you can absolutely say Yuzu and Mei have done from surviving all the ups and downs in their relationship so far. But if you're talking about things like bowing to societal pressures when you speak of "how to make it work," you make it sound like you'd discourage homosexual love if it runs counter to the expectations of your parents or community, and it doesn't help that that's part of the scenario in play here as well.

>But imagine giving up your already acquired status and wealth for a relationship. Not a good idea.
So you'd choose wealth and status with a person you don't care for or love over someone you do?

>And it's not about abandoning the old man to die, it's just about abandoning your family's legacy and ruining someone's lifetime work.
If the success of his "lifetime of work" and "family legacy" is contingent on making the children of the family suffer, which it has factually done in the manga for two generations already, then maybe it's time for gramps to rethink his legacy a little. Should his children shoulder the burden of his wishes at the cost of their own simply because he worked hard?

From your posts, I'm assuming that you're thinking of an ending where Mei inherits the academy and gets to be with Yuzu. While I can't say that it's not a strong possibility because this is a fictional story, reality doesn't necessarily play out so nicely. If Mei had to choose between being miserable and wealthy or happy and middle-class, I'm going to stick to saying that the former is the wrong choice to make. And even if you disagree with that because you think being rich and powerful is the purpose of life - that's not even what Mei's motivation here.
>>
I agree Yuzu is a pure romantic character. There is the logical and rational choice that Mei did, but seriously, that is not a fulfilling life goal. Yuzu is the adventurous choice but the theme of the manga is taking risks to defend what you believe in and what you deeply love against checking all the little cases of a conventional life, the one the other expect you to live.

anyway, each can stand on his point of view, but if Citrus has to be memorable in the ending, it implies, for me, the need for Mei to sacrifice something along the road. Having the school, the legacy and Yuzu, too easy...
>>
>>2612357
>Yes, in the sense that rushing headfirst into a committed relationship before actually confirming that both parties would actually be committed to it, which you can absolutely say Yuzu and Mei have done from surviving all the ups and downs in their relationship so far.
Except Mei didn't survive all her downs because she left. With a perfectly fine reason. She has other obligations and she thinks she can't make it fulfill those while enjoying her relationship, thus she stopped it. A bit late and using questionable methods, but with good rationale behind her decision.
>So you'd choose wealth and status with a person you don't care for or love over someone you do?
Who said she can't enjoy her arranged marriage later on? It's not like ojiichan has chosen a faggot for her fiance. Yes, the first one was a dick but the moment gramps learned about what he was up to he had to promptly go. But if I had to chose one of those two particular options, I might actually chose the former. Relationships and love fade after a while. Money stays, if you are not dumb. Whether I would be able to make such a choice on the occasion is a different question.
>If the success of his "lifetime of work" and "family legacy" is contingent on making the children of the family suffer, which it has factually done in the manga for two generations already, then maybe it's time for gramps to rethink his legacy a little.
Dude amassed probably a multimillion dollar fortune and crafted it in a famous educational institution. This is not a small family venture we are talking about. It is worth fighting for. Single broken heart is not much of a deal in comparison. You are also looking at this situation like it would be the end of the world for both of them if Mei had to let Yuzu go. Who said they can't enjoy their life later on? It's obviously painful right now but time heals.
>>
>>2612389
And I would like an ending where Mei, with an iron will gained through character development, will chose both Yuzu and the academy while she tells gramps to stuff his arranged marriage somewhere because she ain't need no man to be the school boss. In other words, she will fulfill her duties but on her own terms.
>>
>>2612389
>Except Mei didn't survive all her downs because she left. With a perfectly fine reason. She has other obligations and she thinks she can't make it fulfill those while enjoying her relationship, thus she stopped it.
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about - I'm talking about downs as in compatibility as individuals. Her leaving has nothing to do with Yuzu as a person and whether or not they truly would want to be together, it has to do with societal pressures. Don't twist my words into something I'm not talking about.

>But if I had to chose one of those two particular options, I might actually chose the former. Relationships and love fade after a while. Money stays, if you are not dumb.
Then you're clearly of different values than most readers and Saburouta. And again, this is irrelevant - Mei is not doing this because she values wealth, she is doing this because she is willing to be miserable if it means not disappointing her grandpa, and redeeming her father in his eyes.

>Dude amassed probably a multimillion dollar fortune and crafted it in a famous educational institution. This is not a small family venture we are talking about.
So what? Yes, it's all nice and great, but it's his dream and his goals, not Shou's, and not Mei's. Why should they be forced to inherit his dream if they don't give a shit about it? And don't tell me that Mei actually is really passionate about the academy - she's not given a solitary shit once for reasons that don't have to do with "muh family" and you can even see in this chapter that Mei clearly does these things not because she is ambitious, but because she feels bad for gramps and wants to redeem Shou, which is absolutely not healthy decision making.

>>2612399
So you want her to win everything without having to give up anything, as the other anon said. Like I said, this is a fairly strong possibility because this is fiction, but that doesn't mean Mei is making a right decision at the moment.
>>
>>2612389
>Who said she can't enjoy her arranged marriage later on? It's not like ojiichan has chosen a faggot for her fiance. Yes, the first one was a dick but the moment gramps learned about what he was up to he had to promptly go. But if I had to chose one of those two particular options, I might actually chose the former. Relationships and love fade after a while. Money stays, if you are not dumb. Whether I would be able to make such a choice on the occasion is a different question.

Well, this is just a manga. Also, Yurihime is a yuri magazine, i don't think they would allow a het ending in Citrus, since it's one of their flagship series.
>>
File: 06.jpg (1.15 MB, 1114x1600)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>2612414
I'm retarded and forgot the page
>>
>>2612399
I seriously doubt gramps wants Mei to marry some quaint cafe manager for her own good. Their families have obviously made some deals behind the scenes so things work out in their favor. Hell, Mei may not even inherit the school. She may be better off telling her family to fuck themselves
>>
File: 1517593085863.jpg (47 KB, 366x466)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2612425
Oh I bet he thinks it's for her good alright, he just knows absolutely jack shit about his children hence him getting blindsided by Shou's decision and knowing jack all about Mei as an actual human being until Yuzu, someone who had just met Mei for a week at most, actually did something about the teacher. If he's right about one thing in the page I posted, it's that he's a shitty parent.
>>
>>2612414
>So you want her to win everything without having to give up anything, as the other anon said.
She will win everything if she works hard for it, that is she will keep both Yuzu and her academy if she grows the balls to make that choice and somehow make it work. Why does she even need to lose anything in the first place. I don't understand.
>This has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about - I'm talking about downs as in compatibility as individuals
I don't think this is really relevant to our discussion. Don't know how to respond, so I will just let it be.
>Mei is not doing this because she values wealth, she is doing this because she is willing to be miserable if it means not disappointing her grandpa, and redeeming her father in his eyes.
It's some time since I've read the manga but I was of quite a clear impression that she genuinely wants to inherit the academy for her own sake, not because she has to fill Shou's shoes (heh heh). I think she reached this conclusion around the time her father visited for a little while and went away again. After she said goodbye to him. I'm not too sure if this was the occasion, though.
>it's his dream and his goals, not Shou's, and not Mei's
Again, I think Mei does give a shit and genuinely want to keep the academy. She just conforms to the method her grandfather has set for her.
>>
>>2612437
>Why does she even need to lose anything in the first place. I don't understand.
Because it shows she's willing to choose Yuzu and her own happiness over her grandfather's selfish expectations. You also do not in fact fulfill 100% of your wishes in life by working hard, and if we're speaking in terms of reality, the academy's reputation would probably take a hit even if she was allowed to have everything her way, assuming her grandpa didn't outright disown her or something.

>It's some time since I've read the manga but I was of quite a clear impression that she genuinely wants to inherit the academy for her own sake, not because she has to fill Shou's shoes (heh heh). I think she reached this conclusion around the time her father visited for a little while and went away again. After she said goodbye to him. I'm not too sure if this was the occasion, though.
Name one reason she wants to inherit the academy that doesn't relate to her dad or grandpa. Literally a single one. it does not exist. She's shown zero personal ambition and every scene where the subject has come up has all been about what her grandpa thinks or what her dad failed to do. You are probably thinking of the scene where she says she now wants to inherit the academy willingly instead of just passively going along with it like a doll - which does not necessarily mean she is doing it for her own personal happiness. You can still willingly do something for the wrong reasons, and Saburouta has not shown a single positive reason she would have for inheriting the academy.
>>
>>2612437
If she conforms to the wedding, she won’t rule the school. She is aware of the system of adopting her future husband as an Aihara. So she is not even doing it to have the school for her own will. Just maintening the legacy... and someone who needs to repeat 3times in her letter that she made a choice by herself while stating that her choice has not solid basis (cause she will crumble) shows that her choice is not genuine.
>>
>>2612443
Concerning Mei’s will i will add to what you said that there is not any proof in the manga of Mei’s personal ambition and she is not really happy when she is doing her duties as student council president. She clearly does that as an habit and a result of her upbringing. And Mei is a follower, she follows others expectations without knowing what she really and deeply want. Hence the fact the repeats it three times in the letter. She almost tries to convince herself.
>>
>>2612443
>Name one reason she wants to inherit the academy that doesn't relate to her dad or grandpa.
I remember that the particular scene I'm talking about made her look determined as fuck when she said she wants to inherit the academy for her own sake. As for the reason, who knows. Maybe just the fact that she strove for this particular goal all her life for a wrong reasons, which betrayed her, she came to terms with it and decided to keep at it because she can. Sounds plausible enough for me.
>>
File: 14.jpg (1.28 MB, 1114x1600)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>2612450
>I don't know the reason but there probably is one maybe so I'm going to make something up
That's not how this works buddy. Every single scene the subject has come up has strictly been focused on her duty towards her grandfather and his disappointment in Shou. Gee, I fucking wonder why she wants to inherit the academy? She's determined yes, determined to - at the cost of her own happiness - prove to her grandfather that he didn't do things wrong because even if Shou doesn't take over the academy, he raised a daughter that would.
>>
>>2612453
Did you perchance neglect the obvious fact that the particular scene I'm talking about is set in volume 2 or whatever, where she wasn't even sure if she loved Yuzu at all, as was clearly stated in her letter, meaning that at that point there was really nothing inhibiting her from pursuing her goal she sought all her life, while the page you posted is from volume 8 or whatever, where she already underwent a major character development and was fully aware of her feelings leading to the conflict of reason vs emotion defining her character, which I talked about here >>2611824? Because you clearly did. And I'm not your buddy, pal.
>>
File: WS000144.jpg (377 KB, 986x1400)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>2612458
There, I can post pages, too.
>>
>>2612458
First of all, conflict between reason and emotion isn't even the most accurate way to describe her character dichotomy - it's between duty to family and personal desires. Notice that every character related to Mei's duty has the same dichotomy - Shou realizes his duty was not what he wished for personally, so he abandons it. The manager feels ashamed for running away from his duty to pursue his own personal happiness. All the girls in the academy have flings because it's the only time they're allowed to pursue personal happiness before the must fulfill their familial obligations. And of course, that extends to Mei as well - who must choose between her duty and her desire. You could characterize this as reason vs emotion, sorta, but it doesn't apply to all of the characters who share this dichotomy - I wouldn't really call the manager's conflict as reason vs emotion, for example.

This is further supported by the fact that Yuzu is a gyaru. Gyarus inherently reject traditionalist expectations, and thus stands in direct opposition to the characters who would see Mei follow those obligations (aka grandpa)

And even ignoring all that, so what? Sure, Mei is certain of her love for Yuzu now in Vol. 8 as opposed to the earlier volumes. And? They still don't present her dilemma even once as between pursuing her dream and pursuing her love. You're trying to dodge the fact that she has not once spoke of her passion for the academy while trying to twist the fact that she "looked determined to do it" into "she must have a good reason to" for supporting evidence while ignoring the vast amounts of contradicting evidence in the themes being pushed by the supporting characters and every conversation about the subject that's been ever brought up in the manga. Not a single time has Mei been characterized as feeling like she has to give up on her personal wishes to be with Yuzu, but you keep trying to push this baseless interpretation.
>>
>>2612468
>First of all, conflict between reason and emotion isn't even the most accurate way to describe her character dichotomy - it's between duty to family and personal desires.
Well her familial obligations represent the reason, her personal desires stems from her feelings. Why twist it any further?
She literally says she wants to inherit the academy for herself at her own terms here >>2612465. There is not a single shred of doubt reflected on her face or in what she says. At this particular point she is full of passion and simply wants to do this. There is nothing that prevents her from following this path, even by means of marrying her arranged fiance. Later on, she finds realizes her feelings. Are these emotions more important than her duties? Does she drop her ambitions for these feelings? She is lost and her resolutions wavers harder than Indonesia in 2004. Hence she never tells Yuzu she loves her even though she clearly does and never smiles, rather shows the pain in every single scene where Yuzu is all into her or the inheritance of the academy is brought up. This conflict of reason and emotion is there and the only thing that's left is how she will solve this dilemma. The end, hopefully a happy end I might add. Citrus is not the pinnacle of literature or the greatest character study of all time, is it really a good idea to look to deep into things? I wouldn't say so.
>the themes being pushed
The only real theme I gathered from reading this manga is forging your own path through the force of will instead of following the path made for you by others. Right now she bends to her gramps' will. Later on she will hopefully grow some balls and make her own path. That's why I proposed the ending here >>2612399. It would be consistent with the themes so far presented and it would be happy and satisfying. Through this, your criteria would be fulfilled, too. I think so, at least.
>>
>>2612478
>She literally says she wants to inherit the academy for herself at her own terms here >>2612465. There is not a single shred of doubt reflected on her face or in what she says. At this particular point she is full of passion and simply wants to do this.
This does not mean she's doing it for herself. Before Yuzu, Mei simply passively went along with whatever she was told - like a doll. Her grandfather happiness, nor his disappointment in Shou was in the equation. She followed her grandfather's orders because it was simply a way to live life without questioning or thinking about anything and blindly waited for Shou to come back and take over again. After this scene and reconciling with her father, she now wishes to make her grandfather happy and show him that he should be proud of Shou despite his choices in life. She is determined to do so, but in no way does this mean she has any passion for the academy, nor is it a healthy way to think. This is not at all inconsistent with that scene and is further supporting by literally everything else in the manga.

>Well her familial obligations represent the reason, her personal desires stems from her feelings. Why twist it any further?
Because it's not accurate. Mei's experience is very clearly meant to stand with the experience of others - namely, her father, the manager (who literally compares his situation against hers) and the students of the academy as a whole. You cannot characterize all their dichotomies as emotion vs reason, so it's obviously not the theme being pushed here.

Furthermore, it betrays your own implicit bias looking at the situation. Who says that trying to inherit the academy is "reason" when she does it to make her grandfather proud? It's another emotion. You call it reason because you think it is objectively correct to pursue wealth over love, as you have indicated previously, but that is not the reason Mei is doing it.

cont.
>>
>Hence she never tells Yuzu she loves her even though she clearly does and never smiles, rather shows the pain in every single scene where Yuzu is all into her or the inheritance of the academy is brought up. This conflict of reason and emotion is there and the only thing that's left is how she will solve this dilemma.
Again, this is better characterized as a conflict between duty and her own personal wishes. She literally spells out in the letter that it hurt her to be with Yuzu because she knew that she had a duty to inherit the academy, meaning she would have to break things off eventually, and again, duty vs desire is the exact conflict that nearly every character not named Yuzu faces. I already mentioned Shou and the Manager, but if you want another character: Harumin doesn't have issues with emotion vs reason, she feels a duty to maintain her family's image but wants to pursue her own happiness so she half-asses both by being a stealth gyaru. Yuzu is meant to be the standout - because she's an open gyaru that doesn't give a shit about what the school expects from her.

>Citrus is not the pinnacle of literature or the greatest character study of all time, is it really a good idea to look to deep into things? I wouldn't say so.
If remembering the very basic conflict being faced by half the supporting cast in the manga counts as looking too deep into things, then you might have a problem. Taking an anti-intellectual stance here is not helping your case.

>Through this, your criteria would be fulfilled, too. I think so, at least.
The problem with your ending is that it fails to show that Mei places Yuzu above her grandfather's selfishness.
>>
>>2612517
Oh, I do want to add that I'm okay if Mei inherits the academy and ends up with Yuzu on one condition - that she wants to reform the academy and encourage girls to pursue their own happiness instead of being bullied by society into doing what's expected of them. I can see Saburouta reasonably developing this mindset in Mei in remaining chapters, but as of right now, Mei absolutely has no reason to inherit the academy besides making her grandpa happy.
>>
>>2612511
>This does not mean she's doing it for herself. Before Yuzu, Mei simply passively went along with whatever she was told - like a doll.
But... she is not passive or without passion here. She literally says she wants to inherit the academy for herself. Why do you deny this and try to look for some underlying, contrived ideas. So what if at the same time she will do exactly what her grandfather wants from her? She doesn't mind. Yet.

This is going nowhere. Peace.
>>
>>2612600
You clearly didn't read the "before Yuzu" part, or any of my post really.
I'm describing the change she went before and after this scene. At the start of the story, before she met Yuzu, she was certainly lifeless and passive.
>>
I don't see why it seems some people hope Mei sticks with her current choice. Citrus is formatted like a typical drama where a seemingly impossible to overcome drama pops up only to be resolved before the big finale. Citrus is also a flagship romance series for a yuri magazine, so there's pretty much zero chance it will have a realistic ending of Mei not going back to Yuzu.
>>
>>2612909
I think people just don't disagree with the outcome, that will be a positive ending for our couple since indeed it's a flagship series in a Yuri publication.

But there are two main mysteries. Does the ending imply having the school and being accepted as a lesbian chairwoman for Mei while living with Yuzu as her lover? Fairytale happy end ... but, from my point of view, Mei's life goal isn't to have the academy.

Secondly, will Mei rejects her current choice by herself or with the great pushing of another party. To what degree? Will she have just a chat to have her epiphany, or will she be relieved from her duty?

I assume we all want Mei to choose Yuzu from her own will. Yuzu deserves to be first choice and not a choice made easier because Shou would magically take Mei's place and relieve her to have to do her choice. Yuzu already did her choice ... even though i wonder if the current Yuzu won't have another progression in her mindset.
>>
>>2612925
Yuzu isn't naive anymore, i guess. You can clearly notice that she learned how to "mask" her emotions, she isn't hanging out that much with her friends either. I don't know, but i guess there's a little possibility that Yuzu will be afraid to get together with Mei.
>>
>>2613050
I can clearly see volume 10 ending with the wedding thing solved but Yuzu rejecting Mei cause Mei's wedding would have been resolved too easily.
>>
>>2613073
I mean without Mei really proving she would sacrifice anything for Yuzu hence yuzu's hesitation.
>>
>>2613073
Mei needs to beg for forgiveness.
>>
>>2613091
Cover 9 can lead to three possibilities.

Cover 10 : Mei showing her back to Yuzu. Yuzu is crying about her lost love cause the wedding seems to begin. I don't think so, cause it would mean the wedding arc on three volumes.

Second interpretation: Yuzu is crying cause she's relieved, Mei comes back and put her ring on Yuzu's finger.

Or, Mei comes back, ready to hug Yuzu but Yuzu have her ring in her right hand, ready to reject Mei. She's crying cause she loves her, it breaks her, but she doesn't have any confidence in Mei anymore. After all, Mei promised and lied once, why not twice? A love betrayed is hard to overcome just by saying "i am sorry". I root for this one, Mei needs to really take the reigns of her love life and work for it.
>>
>>2613098
>After all, Mei promised and lied once, why not twice? A love betrayed is hard to overcome just by saying "i am sorry". I root for this one, Mei needs to really take the reigns of her love life and work for it.
I really like Mei, but what she did to Yuzu was too cruel.
>>
>>2613191

i would consider it cruel, and a road for the plot to travel down, but i still feel that she had her reasons, Mei seems like the type of person who needs to set their mind on something in order to proceed towards a goal.

we know she is a slave to traditionalist values yet still wants her own freedom deep down inside her. i still think we need more proof that she is willing to follow her dream.

i do get emotional when i read the series, but i still feel that mei needs to break out of her shell and admit once and for all that she needs yuzu in her life in order to be happy, or just admit that she needs to follow her dream and accept the consequences.
>>
I get the feeling the series might get worse before things start to get better.

When the twins show up something like Yuzu showing them around town could lead to them seeing Mei on a "date" with the manager. Or Harumin could finally confess to Yuzu after all the suffering she's seen her go through. And that's not even getting any possible stunts Matsuri might try to pull if she starts to figure things out. She feels betrayed by both Mei and the manager at this point, so if she finds out they're engaged, she might go blackmail/burn everything mode like she was in volume 3.
>>
I just hope we get a chapter with the usual number of pages this month...

I do believe that the gang might run into Mei and Manager...
>>
File: DdBiiMKV4AA3kQz.jpg (173 KB, 1040x1345)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>
File: cirtrus.jpg (153 KB, 500x372)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Leaked picture of next issue's cover
>>
>>2613203
>follow her dream
She's never cared about the academy itself onscreen. She needs to take the same step that Shou made and do what makes her happy.
>>
>>2612118
>but I reckon it's generally not a good idea to fall in love and stick a wedding ring on someone's finger before figuring out how to make it work.

Same could be said about arranged marriages.
>>
>>2613281
Arranged marriages are just a contract. Even Harumin's explanation of the arranged marriage system most of the girls at their school made it sound more like a social obligation. The girls are raised to be good high society wives and mothers.
>>
>>2613262
She's just doing it for her grandfather's sake. She's way to passive.
>>
>>2613262
thats why i said they need to show her resolve, i wouldnt be surprised if she gave up on it and decided to be like her father and live her life.
>>
>>2613435
>she gave up on it and decided to be like her father and live her life.

I can see it now.

>I'm sorry Yuzu, but I need to leave and travel the world to find myself before we can be together on equal terms. Please wait for me.

Then they write each other letters for a period of time.

Time skip a year or more into the future and we see Yuzu going to meet Mei at the airport.
>>
>>2613442
> Yuzu going to meet her little sister at the airport with her brand new girlfriend. «I found myself tok Mei».

I am joking but another volume of Yuzu suffering cause she is alone when Mei needs to sort out her shit... well i hope it won’t happen. Shou taking is freedom fucked up hard Mei and without Yuzu, Mei would have stayed a fucked up individual. So, that is not the solution.

But yeah, Mei, for the moment, isn’t on the same page than Yuzu. So the wedding isn’t the only obstacle to solve. She needs to figure her goals. Yuzu is too far ahead her now.
>>
File: DdEMz6WV0AAV62w.jpg (136 KB, 668x794)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/995591191331684352
>>
>>2613515
Cutest thing. How one art can be so comfy.
>>
>>2613442
and then they fucked in the airport

the end.

a superior love story better than twilight.
>>
>>2613537
Well, they could have had phone sex during this time if Mei learns to use her cellphone.
>>
>>2613442
>>I'm sorry Yuzu, but I need to leave and travel the world to find myself before we can be together on equal terms. Please wait for me.

I hate this fucking yuri cliche.
>>
>>2613515
So cute! What a great art
>>
>>2613515
Citrus in a nutshell. Yuzu is full of adoration for Mei is full of adoration for anything having a bear form. I hope one day Saburouta will drow a Mei full of adoration for Yuzu, turning her gaze directly to her blonde angel.
Her arts are always cute but give sometimes the feeling of something onesided (even though we know it is not onesided).
>>
>>2613752
I also would like to see something like that. It’s a bit sad that nobody tells Yuzu how great she is.

It bothers me that Yuzu is depressed and everyone is just watching her dying inside.
>>
>>2613547
no, after a year of world travel she arrives at the airport and spots yuzu, their eyes lock and yuzu starts to cry and runs towards mei.

they embrace tightly as mei has her classic deadpan face on, yuzu looks up as mei says "It's been such a long time, you should have grown up by now..."

yuzu wipes the tears from her eyes and blurts out "HULK SMASH THAT ASS!" tears off meis clothes and they make sweet hot sweaty love right there on the floor like rabid animals.

the end.

thats how it should be written.
>>
>>
>>2614289
Too much asking for a cover where two girls look at each other.
>>
>>2614343
you'd think it would be simple right?
>>
>>2614109
Mei doesn't deserve that.
>>
>>2614442

a man can dream though.
>>
File: 129871.png (3.31 MB, 1522x1401)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB PNG
>>2613515
Loli yuri is love.
SU shoulda have gone with the "actually knew each other already" trope. It's not like she's afraid of using tired cliches,
>>
File: DdJn3tWV4AArqb0.jpg (777 KB, 2866x2024)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
>>
>>2614811
Don't talk too fast. It's always possible. Little Mei and Yuzu met long time ago but don't remember it. Yuzu offered little Mei a plush hence Mei fell in love with bears... everything is possible with Sabu, using tropes too big to be true and also, including using a cliche to alter it.

At this pace, I am ready to see anything to solve this drama. Expected or not.
>>
Raws for new chapter out yet?
>>
>>2614904
Thursday.
>>
File: Dc_m4h9VQAUMlwn.jpg (364 KB, 2048x1536)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
What the hell is this

https://twitter.com/mangaschoolMM/status/995267914298085377
>>
>>2614934
Saburouta was invited during a class lesson in this manga school. The students probably did sole sketches of Yuzu and Mei under her supervision.
>>
>>2614934
>>2614995
That's pretty cool.
>>
The early leak of the chapter is ... in little vignettes on Chinese forum.

- No Mei
- Yuzu cries and lets out her feelings with Sara and Nina comforting her
- Final page: Yuzu wakes up and stumbles on Ume.

So, it seems Mei won't be there until the last chapter. Will Yuzu confront Ume or confide her feelings? The pace sure is very slow. So volume 12 seems more assured now.
>>
>>2615223

sometimes i feel like authors have to pad out their work in order to come up with new ideas, or simply for writers block.

i still wonder how this will turn out.
>>
>>2615223
Yuri Hime sure wants to milk that cow. I don't even know if that's good anymore.
>>
>>2615224
This volume reminds me of volume 4 indeed. The author seems to stretch to the story and slow the pace, with chapters with few characters just talking and doing nothing else.
So either she's thinking about the plot and didn't decide how to solve this drama yet either YH asked her to go slowly.

I just hope she does what she intends to do. After that, we can like it or not, but I want her to be the one who decides.

>>2615225
I am a hard fan, but yeah, the chapter's 36 momentum is lost. Sabu didn't capitalize on that. There was such a great occasion to make it memorable and ... Nothing. Two low key chapters after that, where nothing happens... I mean, usually, Citrus creates passion, but two meh chapters in a row where the reader feels nothing and forget them as soon as he reads them. Not good.
>>
Seems Yuzu will, once again, go into motion to solve that. Asking Ume about Mei and trying to find her.
>>
File: 01.jpg (126 KB, 1024x461)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
First pages.
>>
File: 02.jpg (114 KB, 1024x468)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2615235
Better quality tomorrow. there is nothing better at the moment. Seems the Chinese raw provider works in Amazon and has a Kindle version before it's released or work somewhere in a digital shop that provided digital versions.

Anyway, he/she always leak the raws one or two days before, as soon as the Kindle version is in pre-order. But only 4/5 full pages or these vignettes.

36 pages.
>>
First two volumes available digitally.

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/161397/
>>
>>2615235
SU really likes to make us suffer...seems like it will take forever to this to be solved
>>
>>2615237
>Yuzu breaks up
Seriously watching this angel suffer because of some useless autist is really a pain.
Mei doesn't deserve Yuzu

>>2615260
Yep the theories that Vol.10 was the final one just vanished.
>>
>>2615223
That points heavily to Mei not doing anything again and Yuzu+friends having to rescue her.
>>
>>2615270
Yuzu seems to have a realization of something. She "smiles" before going to see Ume. So yeah, she'll do something. But Mei can also be proactive, maybe it will be the surprise in the last chapter. Let's hope.
>>
Come on Saburouta, give Yuzucchi her happy ending.
>>
>>2615280
I seriously need a season 2, i miss the anime, it was really fun, especially with all the memes and reaction pics.
>>
I missed the old chapters that created rage and heated reactions. Just saw the little-formated raws and, ok. Next month. No feels. At least, even with volume 4 and Mei saying to Yuzu she had a girlfriend, as bad as the volume was, it was the occasion to have passionate exchanges.

I hope Citrus won't stay in this melancholic comfy mood. It is supposed to be the biggest dramatic event of the manga.
>>
>>2615260
It's this kind of build-up chapter. All talks before action.
>>
>>2615269
I don't see what's good about getting 12 volumes (or 11?) to be honest. Everything is pretty much slow and stale right now, Saburouta is dragging out the manga for sure. And the end of this chapter seems to imply that Yuzu will save Mei again
>>
>>2615237
>looses a Mei
>gets a threesome with twins
>>
>>2615334
Yuzu always win.
>>
File: cover 38.jpg (727 KB, 1024x1471)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
4 pages of preview.
Cover
>>
>>2615368
page 1
>>
>>2615369
page 2

I love Yuzu's outfit.
>>
>>2615370
>>
>>2615370
To be honest, i think Yuzu is cuter than Mei. I love her style so much.
>>
>>2615313
>>2615332

I miss the time where we could see them together being lovely to each other...I hope SU don't drag this drama until the very end, and just give 1 final kiss or chapter of them together...I want a full volume of them dating!
>>
>>2615369
Yuzu is looking skinner...she have a great taste on clothes
>>
>>2615408
She was thinner in chapter 37 and it's confirmed here indeed.
>>
>>2615313
There was definitely an intensity and emotional edge at the start that isn't present currently, for certain. It's what drew me in to the series.
>>
>>2615368
>Love Because

I'm actually starting to wonder if Yuzu won't just go find Mei and make Mei break up with her properly face-to-face to give herself some closure.
>>
>>2615504
Yes. To be honest, as long as Yuzu gets her happy ending, i don't care if she's with Mei or someone else.
>>
>>2615531
I'm thinking more of like Yuzu doing this would make Mei realize she fucked up, since then she'd know that both Yuzu and her aren't over their feelings for each other even though it's been months.
>>
>>2615534
I would like to see Mei chasing after Yuzu. But i don't know if it will ever happen.
>>
>>2615368
It's just me, or Yuzu seems like Mei. I mean those eyes, and that almost poker face.
>>
>>2615549
There were already some covers before this drama with a sad and melancholic Yuzu. At the begining of the chapter she seems indeed able to keep her poker face like in chapter 36. But she crumbles after that and lets out her emotions.

So she doesn’t do her Mei too much longer.
>>
Citrus is making me depressed...
>>
>>2615756
This is the longest a drama has gone on for sure. The delays make it seem like even longer.
>>
This will mark the third chapter in a row that Mei hasn't appeared in. Either she won't show up until next month, or we might not see her again until August when volume 11 starts.
>>
>>2615772
Actually, make it no Mei until September if there's a volume break for volune 10's release.
>>
I miss Yuzu's smile.
>>
It's possible that volume 10 might be intended to be Yuzu's side of the breakup. Then volume 11 could be Mei's side of it. Problem with this theory is that they might stay broken up and barely appear together until next year.
>>
>>2615787
Well... As soon as I can know what is through Mei's mind, and how she feels about everything... it's OK to not having them together for a while.
>>
>>2615821
I get the feeling your reaction is much better than how many readers are going to react.
>>
>>2615769
Exactly! The short chapters and hiatus makes it even worse...
>>
Raws : https://imgur.com/a/MmKtHoV

Yuzu wants to discuss something.
Yuzu tells to Sara that she loves Mei so much, she wanted to make her happy but didn't want to be on her way and Mei's goal is an obstacle.
>>
File: 49019401.jpg (86 KB, 492x364)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Dead inside.
>>
>>2616026
Is it possible to cry even without knowing what they are saying? I cried as hell. This is too painful.
>>
>>2616080
This chapter shows something. It shows how deeply in love Yuzu is with Mei and how this love is not for her a teenage romance anymore. It is meaningful.
>>
>>2616026
I hope Yuzu will get over that whore that isn't even worthy of her love and attention. Ok, that will never happen, but if only Yuzu fell for a qt (preferably OL)
>>
>>2616086
It really doesnt. Still looks like a teenage girl who cant get over her highschool sweetheart. All she needs is to get hammered and start sending drunk texts at 3 in the morning.
>>
What a badly written chapter. The author is dragging the story and 5 pages for Sara to just ask about Mei? Intensity really dropped.
>>
>>2616200
I'm sure Yuri Hime asked Saburouta to extend the manga. It should have concluded a couple of volumes ago, a lot of things are really unnecessary or just "nothing happens" tier.
>>
>>2616200
>>2616212
I don't understand. first you people complain about Saburota finishing conflicts too quick and now she's actually focusing on dealing with the aftermath of the most recent conflict, is dragging the story?
>>
>>2616214
It's possible for anyone, including authors of manga, to go from one extreme to the other.
>>
>>2616214
Because she's dragging out the current arc. Two chapters with twins aren't necessary, unless they are there to make Yuzu decide to fight for Mei as always. And even then, Matsuri and Harumi could have encouraged her to do that, rather than 2 girls she knew for a couple of days
>>
Volume 10 is the last (5 or 6 chapters). Yuzu will tell mom about their love afair. Will bring back Mei's dad and finish this bullshit. End of story.
>>
>>2616268
Not likely since there's too much in play right now for the manga to end that soon. Most likely 11 or 12 volumes at this rate.
>>
>>2616026
It's okay to cry Yuzu! Just let it all out! ;_;

You will get Mei back! I promise
>>
File: protecc.png (73 KB, 249x294)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Saburouta seems to be into actual incest. Also Sarah a cute
>>
I'm calling it, the cafe owner Yuzu worked for will know, or has already figured it out, that Mei is in love with Yuzu and will help them
>>
>>2616086
We already know Yuzu is in love with Mei. She has repeatedly been after Mei, even when Mei didn't deserve it. Author could finally change the focus on Mei now and give us something new.
We've never seen Mei showing intense feelings for Yuzu, neither what she's actually thinking.

I don't have a problem with bringing back the twins, since I think it's important to develop the side characters. Maybe she could have Sarah accidentally seeing Mei with that man she is about to get married, and Sarah calling Yuzu about it. But now the twins are just there to "force" Yuzu to move and chase after Mei for the 1000th time.
>>
>>2616200
She was actually giving insights on Mei's actions during those 5 pages.

The fuck are y'all about, this was a nice chapter. I'm also starting to develop a fetish for Yuzu's suffering.
>>
>>2616367
What were Sara's insights?
>>
Do you think we'll get the translated episode this weekend?
>>
I heard chapter has Sara reveal what happened on her date with Mei. They NEVER kissed confirmed.
>>
>>2616387
Either Saburouta was playing the long game, or the story seems to be reacting to comments made from the fanbase when the anime was airing.
>>
>>2616367
>I'm also starting to develop a fetish for Yuzu's suffering.
Calm your tits Mei.
>>
>>2616387
Wow who would have thought that they did, this is so shocking
>>
>>2616387
Who are the idiots who thought they did?
>>
>>2616482
I think some anons on /u/ thought they did, but I'm pretty sure most of it came from /a/ while the anime was airing. Their argument was we never saw what happened, but last we saw Mei agreed to kiss Sara even if she did so reluctantly. Thing is, anime showed how put off Sara was by how Mei reacted, so it's obvious that Sara called off the date at that point.
>>
>>2616488
https://youtu.be/moPgKhFwSUE
The translation in Spanish is out. I think some of you speak it, so there you have. It is a really painful and sincere chapter.
I cried while watching the raws, and I cried even more reading it.
>>
>>2616669
Yuzu is so noble. She just want Mei to be OK and happy because she loves her. After what Mei did, Yuzu is not even angry with her.
I think Yuzu will finally talk to Ume about the love affair with Mei.
>>
>>2616026
You were right, but she didn't say that Mei's goal was an obstacle. She told Sara that Yuzu herself is an obstacle to Mei's goal.
>>
>>2616376
Pretty much this >>2616488.
>>
>>2616675
Man, this "I love her so I just want her to be happy, even if without me" cliche is so fucking old. Or childish but Yuzu is a child so I guess I will let it slide this time.
>>
>>2616698
YES! I think many of us should understand that they are just kids. They just do what they think is correct.
>>
>>2616669
So, Mei doesn't get married yet, and she has been living with gramps this whole time. Hasn't she been attending to school?
>>
File: Smile.jpg (43 KB, 283x316)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Our girl is back!
>>
>>2616776
My guess is Mei is getting home tutored. That way she wouldn't need to attend school at the academy.
>>
>>2616777
This doesn't seem like she'll fight for Mei, just that she'll finally say goodbye to Mei and try to just treasure her memories with Mei.
>>
>>2616776
>>2616862
She does attend the school and she is evading Yuzu at all occasions.
>>
>>2616864
Yeah, I'm not feeling a happy ending here. If that were to happen, it'd be up to Mei to prove she loves Yuzu as much as Yuzu loves her. And just leaving Manager at the altar and crawling back isn't enough to balance out all the work and effort Yuzu put into the relationship.
>>
>>2616880
I think we're definitely getting a 'happy' ending.

I doubt we're going to get a particularly satisfying one however.
>>
>>2616864
Not really. Sara told Yuzu that Mei never expressed what she really wanted especially when she felt pressured. Sara almost told to Yuzu that she felt she bullied Mei by asking a kiss... So Yuzu probably pondered these words and realized that Mei repeating "it was her goal" three times was, in fact, a proof of the fact she was meaning the contrary.

Yuzu considered her self an obstacle to Mei's goal, a nuisance, bothering her. But in fact, in retrospect, Sara's explanation of the non-kiss helped Yuzu to understand that Mei doesn't really want what she said she desired. Because, during the date, Mei said yes to Sara but Sara clearly saw it was a no.
>>
>>2616887
>Sara almost told to Yuzu that she felt she bullied Mei by asking a kiss

>Because, during the date, Mei said yes to Sara but Sara clearly saw it was a no.

Did Saburouta seriously write volume 4 just to bring this revelation up 6 volumes later?
>>
>>2616880
>it'd be up to Mei to prove

Welp. We are doomed.
>>
>>2616896
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. But this, again, puts the burden of saving the relationship on Yuzu.
>>
>>2616904
I'd like to point out that the way the anime portrayed the requested kiss is in-line with volume 10, but volume 4 looked like Sara was anticipating the kiss. It was only one panel of Sara looking at Mei while blushing, but she looked expectant there and not like she was about to reject her off because she felt bad. Not sure how the volume version of that chapter looks though.
>>
>>2616880
Not trying to be rude but, why people keeps bringing up a sad ending when Saburota has been telling us there will be a happy ending for Mei and Yuzu as a couple for literal years?
>>
>>2616910
Same reason the Hulk was featured in the trailers for Infinity War. People lie.
>>
>>2616908
Yes. the anime made clear that Sara was testing the waters, but the manga didn't show that. So Sara's revelation just confirms it but also gives Yuzu another insight on how Mei functions. Yuzu probably just thought about it during the night and had confirmation that Mei was lying in the letter about her true goal.
>>
>>2616915
I'm not sure that Mei never meaning what she says is the best way to go about resolving this. I bet the people who argued that Mei was clear on her goal will feel very burned by this chapter.
>>
>>2616919
Agreed. What kind of relationship do you have if you have to second guess every other word the other person is saying?
>>
>>2616923
Not only that, but how amazing that the girl who knew Mei for a day or 2 somehow knows her way better than Yuzu does. If it was Shiraho I could maybe buy it, but it feels really cheap the way it was done here.
>>
>>2616919
I didn't say that was a good way to solve it. I am afraid Yuzu will be the trigger that will make Mei's move.
But, Mei's letter is a blatant lie, the girl repeats ad nauseam she has a goal, to convince herself more than Yuzu, and she takes the ring and the little bears. She's very clear in her wording, but it is a way to "asserting your own will to make it come true", if she repeats it, she almost believes she'll end to believe she wants it.
>>
>>2616926
>>2616923
Yes, sadly, this way to write Mei is another nail in her coffin as a character who progresses.
>>
>>2616926
To be fair, it's been more than established that Yuzu isn't the best when it comes to understanding the motivations of the people around her.
>>
>>2616926
>>2616923
I like to believe that Yuzu, this time, will corner Mei and force her to be honest with herself. The idea is that Yuzu won't have a relationship with someone who will stay dishonest but with someone who will have taken her freedom and free spirit and so be able to express her true thoughts.
>>
>>2616896
Saburouta just makes up the story as it goes. I think the only real foreshadowing is gramps saying he'd let Mei be free "for now". It seems that Sabu planned this wedding arc to be the final arc but everything in the middle wasn't planned before Citrus started. That would explain the random characters appearing to cause drama in most arcs.
>>
>>2616936
I can see that happening, but is that enough? It would be good for Yuzu to be the one willing to walk away, but I want her to be fighting mad, and not immediately accept Mei's turnabout. Because who's to say she won't change her mind the next morning again?
>>
1) Retroactively explain Mei's actions in early volumes in the letter from chapter 36.

2) Retroactively explain that Mei's actions in volume 4 were caused by Mei lying to herself and being weak to the expectations of others.

Is Saburouta thinking Mei wasn't seen as likable enough and wants for the readers to like her before the end of the story?
>>
>Mfw a girl who dated Mei for a couple of days understands her better than her own girlfriend
>mfw Sara telling Yuzu those facts about Mei will motivate Yuzu to give the first step and fight for Mei
Tired of this bullshit already. All of this is Mei's fault, her decision and her lack of honesty, fuck this complicated bitch, Yuzu deserves better but she just wants to settle down with trash.
>>
>>2616952
>fuck this complicated bitch
That's Yuzu's plan.
>>
>>2616952
>Yuzu deserves better but she just wants to settle down with trash.
If nothing else Citrus feels somewhat true to life on this aspect.

>Mfw a girl who dated Mei for a couple of days
I think it was literally less than a day.
>>
So it seems that Yuzu will be the one to save the day. Just as expected. So what she'll talk about with Ume? I'm really curious.

And to be honest, it was expected that Mei will never be the one to fight for what she really wants. She's just a scared child. It's funny how she's portrayed as a mature person, but now Yuzu is way more mature than her.
>>
>>2616950
Absolutely. She said that a Mei's POV chapter would probably never happen but in fact it did. I think she realised that some readers dislike her so she is trying to write Mei as a poor, misunderstood girl. The thing is, some things don't totally match with previous volumes or weren't shown, so it's not satisfying enough. But I thought nips like Mei, so maybe she is conscious of the Western fanbase given it's a big reason for Citrus' success?
>>
>>2616955
>So what she'll talk about with Ume?
Maybe try to set up a situation where Yuzu can talk to Mei or see if her mom can get Mei to come for a visit.
>>
>>2616954
>If nothing else Citrus feels somewhat true to life on this aspect.
You just reminded of the feelings we all must endure, MC was cucked by a whore who fucked her girlfriend but girlfriend gave a shitty apology and said that she wanted to know how it felt to be the cheater but that now she wanted to date MC and MC forgave her and they were endgame. All the characters were trash but /u/ said that at least the plot and characters were somewhat realistic in that regard.
>>
File: yuma hotaru.jpg (130 KB, 800x599)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2616962
>>
>>2616870
>She does attend the school and she is evading Yuzu
When is this explained? Seems really weird to me.
>>
So are chapter 38's reveals about Mei's motives ,or lack thereof, a good thing or bad thing as far as everyone is concerned?
>>
>>2616973
Good, because it opens the way to reconciliation. Bad, because goddammit Mei, getting real tired of your shit.
>>
i really feel that over the past few romance manga and anime series that yuzu might be the ultimate best girl.

if someone like this existed in my life id would be impossible for me to not cheer her on.i hope yuzu and mei get together in the end, but at the same time, mei needs to grow up and realize she has something good with yuzu.
>>
>>2616989
Definitely top tier. Only contenders of the top of my head are Maddie Hatter from Ever After High, for being the female incarnation of bro, and Yuu Koiyo (Bloom into you) , for being just too good for the world.
>>
>>2616989
She's the reason why i'm still reading Citrus. It's horrible to see her so depressed, but she smiled in the end of chapter 38, so it's a good signal.
>>
https://twitter.com/glidesloe/status/997554171585810434

They have to be either Sabu or one of her assistants.
>>
>>2616968
In her letter.
>>
>>2616989
Agree, but at the same time it feels bad because her romance with Mei feels very one-sided.
>>
>>2617019
I wouldn't say one-sided, just that Mei still has issues, such as her dishonesty and tendency to go along with what other people want her to do. This chapter is pretty much just highlighting Mei's current faults.
>>
File: .jpg (113 KB, 668x960)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>
>>2617027
Who is she calling?
>>
>>2617037
She's not calling anyone, she was clenching her ring since it's on her necklace.
>>
>>2617046
Where does the "But I guess it can't be helped anyway" come from?
>>
>>2617049
RAWs for the chapter are out already in the YH issue.

>>2616918
>>
>>2617049
She had been remembering how the call in the previous chapter ended.
>>
So chapter 38 makes it pretty clear the conflict is going to be Yuzu confronting Mei and making Mei confess her true feelings. Then it becomes Mei having to tell the people around her what her true feelings are. Obviously the main obstacle is Mei's grandfather. The engagement is already in place. It would've been much easier if Mei didn't let it go this far.
>>
>>2617016
I think it's her. There's too much adoration in those drawings.
>>
>>2617175
I doubt it, she could post it in her main twitter then. Also I doubt she can draw that daily, she must be busy with other stuff too. That artist appeared in the Fanbook so I guess they are part of the staff.
>>
>>2617016
It's not bad for fanart, but it's easy to see they're not drawing like Saburouta
>>
File: DdgptUaU8AAd9q7.jpg (603 KB, 1804x2048)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>2617178
If she's Sabu, I don't think she would like that kind of attention. And the artist is mostly simple stuff that shouldn't take long to make.

>>2617180
They do a hell of a job to mimic her style then.
>>
>>2617257
>I don't think she would like that kind of attention.
She's already famous, posting some art wouldn't affect her at all, in fact fans would love to see her do that. See tkmiz for an example. Anyways Sabu can barely finish a chapter on time, so I doubt she has time to make those drawings every day, especially since she has to make official art and working on a chapter is already hard.
>They do a hell of a job to mimic her style then.
If you are a good artist you can mimic someone else's style. Those drawings are really close to her style but there are slight differences here and there.
>>
A question. Hasn't the translation been realised yet?
>>
>>2617346
>citrus chapter 38 translation and typesetting has begun. Please be patient for we are busy at the time,but we will try and have it out asap
>>
>>2617166
>would've been much easier if Mei didn't let it go this far
No shit, Sherlock. But then where would we get our drama from?
>>
>>2616989
>if someone like this existed in my life id would be impossible for me to not cheer her on
Eh, by now I wouldn't cheer her on, but actually try to talk her out of this very toxic relationship.
She deserves better, a lot better.

Seriously, the only reason why I still want Yuzu and Mei to get together is so that Yuzu becomes happy again. But Mei doesn't deserve her, and going by the developments in this chapter, it seems it'll be Yuzu saving Mei yet again, so Mei won't do nothing, meaning she barely did anything to deserve Yuzu.
>>
>>2617432
Agreed. It's not a relationship between equals, Yuzu has invested much more time and effort in it than Mei.
>>
>>2617433
It's not even just time an effort, but an issue of commitment.
Yuzu faced everything, she took everything on just so that she could be with Mei. She was ready to accept everything, just as long as Mei was happy.

During this chapter, Sara said Yuzu's behaviour reminded her of Mei back then (in volume 4) when she asked her for a kiss, and Mei agreed even though she clearly didn't want to (showing Mei was never serious about Sara, and proving for once Mei was just using her to mess with Yuzu - though the plot won't address this), because Mei wasn't being honest, just as Yuzu wasn't being honest with Sara and avoiding telling them her issues.

However, there's a big difference in not involving 3rd parties in the issues of your love relationship with someone else, as not being honest with your partner with whatever the hell you want.

Going back to the issue of commitment, if you cannot be honest about your feelings for your so-called significant other, then how can you commit? That's about the most basic thing in a relationship, and Mei was more than ready to ditch Yuzu because she couldn't be honest? How is this even an excuse? If anything, this is further proof Mei doesn't deserve Yuzu.
I mean, I understand that Mei would much prefer to be with Yuzu than to marry the manager, but this was a choice that she made on her own, even if it was to please her grandfather. It was her own damn choice, made entirely out of her own free will.
>>
>>2617439
Indeed, it was her choice. I mean how the conversation with the grandfather in the car is supposed to deprived Mei of her responsibility. Does the author want to show Mei was caged?

For me, this chat clearly shows that Mei could still choose. Her grandfather wasn't happy about the pressure he put on her shoulder and almost wanted to make sure Mei was ok about it.

It worsens Mei's case. Is it the author's purpose or does she miss the point and doesn't realize that Mei's behavior makes her the only one at fault here? I guess, Japanese understands better Mei.
>>
>>2617439
Does this conversation with Sara make Yuzu realize that Mei's wish to avoid her because of her resolve mimic her own way to fake being ok and to avoid talking with her friend about her situation?
And so Yuzu wakes up wishing to see Mei to say to her that she's ready to face hardship and obstacles with her. Yuzu faked all these months cause she didn't want to be a burden to the other. Maybe she's thinking that Mei choose to break up to not put a burden on Yuzu's shoulder.

Hence Yuzu wanting to affirm her that she's ready to take the shit as long as she is with her.
>>
>>2617261
Every author has time for their favorite character. The drawings seem very personal and they wouldn't fit at all on a commercial account. Every author has private drawings. I'm glad she is showing at least some of them.
>>
>>2617452
Is it logical to have her in the fanbook under this alias if it is really Saburouta behind this twitter account? This artist did some Violet Evergaden drawing too before doing only Mei Yuzu. So I am more inclined to think it's someone from the animation team. The artists in the fanbook worked on it.
>>
File: event.png (156 KB, 430x232)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
Interesting. Next month, Saburouta will do the Hime Cafe event. Questions deadline for it is 15th of June.

So we'll have 4 pages about Saburouta's answers. I hope CT will have some time to translate it, that could be very enlightening. There won't be tMnR's chapter.
>>
First real Citrus doujin R18 sold on comic convention.

https://twitter.com/nagisa89_citrus
>>
>>2616989
>>2617000
>>2617010

That. What transpires from the chat with the twins is that Yuzu respect Mei's wishes and desires to follow her goal even if it's destroying her. Mei's happiness is her only obsession more than her own well being and own happiness.

Kindest and most selfless character hands down. What a contrast to Mei who stated she was selfish. As long as there will be this dichotomy between them, Mei won't deserve an ounce of Yuzu.
>>
>>2617452
You seem convinced that it's her, I doubt it. Those drawings being personal means nothing, a very passionate fan can create that as well. And as an artist, I can tell you that drawing that much takes a lot of time and dedication, and a professional mangaka doesn't have time for that.
>>
>>2617257
>They do a hell of a job to mimic her style then.
Not really. For instance they've clearly got a different way of doing the detail on the ears.
>>
>>2617549
>>2617257
Does it matter if she's S or not? The extra art is nice, no matter the source, and either way, what's canon is what's in the show, not outside of it.
>>
File: 3p.jpg (89 KB, 451x617)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
After this arc, i'm really starting to like the twins. I love this moment so much.
>>
>>2617579
Anything about their 'relationship'? They're supposed to be 'lovers' now, right?
>>
>>2617439
>showing Mei was never serious about Sara
This was always obvious. Mei was just running away from her issues with Yuzu, and Sara told Mei what she was hoping to hear about being needed.

>proving for once Mei was just using her to mess with Yuzu
I haven't read the chapter, but Mei was seemingly touched by Sara's honest confession back in volume 4 even though she never returned her feelings. That's why she compared Sara's confession to Yuzu's confession in her mind during Sara's confession scene. Mei was driven by her urge to feel needed when she thought Yuzu didn't really need her at the time.
>>
>>2617545
I also have friends that are professional artists and it doesnt take that much for them to make this kind of drawings, especially if it's something personal.
>>
>>2617452
>Saburouta can make drawings like that every day
>she can't finish a 30-pages polished chapter
Right
>>
File: .jpg (74 KB, 668x960)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>
Can the author release of short volume? Like 4 chapters of 15-35-35-35 pages? Usually, Citrus volumes have 4 chapters but also 150/160 pages.

Or are we in for 5 chapters this time?
>>
>>2617606
Volume 9 also had a short chapter and no volume bonus chapter, so expect another short volume.
>>
You know, I already translated the whole chapter, but it is not as good as CT, so if you want to it, I will upload the images I have till the CT version be out.
>>
>>
>>2617614
I would have translated the Japanese title more like "thinking of you while you're not here", "thinking of you...who isn't here"
>>
>>2617613
Yes please!
>>
>>2617617
I don't think so, you nobody ;)
>>
>>2617613
CT will release the translation tonight or tomorrow, translation is already done. It's in QC.
>>
>>2617579
>yuzu starts a sisters danburi to ease her broken heart
>>
>>2617619
No need to be so impolite. We'll see with other translations, anon-who-knows-everything

And seriously, emoticon on 4chan.
>>
>>2617621
Yuzu should've fucked the twins.
>>
As I told you they are not as good as CT
>>
>>2617622
Just having some translation fun, using the same kinds of words in a slightly different order, thereby creating an entirely different meaning.
>>
>>2617619
Retard, go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>2617614
Wrong translation.
Good one, "i think of you even when you're gone"
>>
>>2617635
That's less accurate than >>2617617
>>
>>2617626
Why are you wasting your time doing such poor work?
>>
>>2617619
>>2617626
Quit your shit, Mugino.
>>
>>2617626
Man, you should focus on your English first. Effort is appreciated, though.
>>
I think not-translator was scared off by all these comments...
>>
>>2617726
Well, if he had been more humble and not talking shit about a correction that was more accurate than his work...
>>
>>2617741
You mean >>2617619 ? No, that was me, not the translator.
>>
Translation from Ct is out on their FB.

Dynasty will follow.
>>
>>2617773
Yuzu really is an angel. I'm rooting for her happines.
>>
>>2617773
Link?
>>
Lol, so instead of kissing Mei when Mei agreed to go along with it, Sara instead asked the pointed question of if Mei ever thought about kissing her at all. Clearly the date was over then, since Sara realized Mei must have a messed up life given Mei's response.
>>
>>2617788
>Her answer completely didn't match what I asked her when I confessed?

Does this mean that Mei lied about returning Sara's feelings when Mei agreed to date her?
>>
>>2617790
>Mei
>Lying
Oh, no.
>>
>>2617790
She never said anything about returning her feelings you dumb. Sara confessed, Mei asked if she would need her, Sara said yes and Mei just agreed to date. Mei never said she liked her back.
>>
>>2617797
But the line is about something Sara asked Mei and what Mei's response was. She's saying that Mei not being allowed to ask for anything contradicted that, since Mei did indeed ask for something from her.
>>
>>2617801
Unless Sara meant Mei never considered it an actual relationship. Mei never actually gave Sara an affirmation of her own feelings, then when confronted about it, Mei says she's not allowed to act according to her own desires regardless.
>>
So was the entire point of the school trip just that Mei gave up on what little of her own desires she had and decided to just try to go along with want Sara wanted since it was easier?
>>
>>2617806
You lost me
>>
>>2617808
Mei wanted Yuzu, but since Yuzu wasn't being upfront about her feelings, Mei got frustrated and gave up rather than fight for her desire. So then when Sara confessed it was an easy way to feel needed despite Mei not having romantic feelings for Sara. It then continued, until saw Sara what Mei was doing and forced her into a situation to make up with Yuzu.
>>
It's obvious that Mei desires to be together with Yuzu, but she's afraid. This chapter just confirms that Mei's determination to inherit the Academy is weak, she's just doing it for her grandfather's sake.
>>
>>2617808
tl;dr

1) Being with Yuzu was what Mei wanted but found difficult.

2) Being with Sara isn't what Mei wanted but found easy.

Mei chose option 2 until Sara and Yuzu forced Mei into picking option 1.
>>
I wonder how long the twins will be in Tokyo for. It might be fun to see them interact with Harumin and Matsuri.

Yuzu smiling for real is bound to be a relief to the rest of the cast, though Harumin might feel bad that a random girl that Yuzu barely hangs out with helped Yuzu when she herself didn't.
>>
>>2617619
Do me a favor and kill yourself.
>>
I'm honestly not crazy about the "telling your problems to almost a complete stranger rather than telling your friends and they understand you and your girlfriend better than you do" approach. Both in volume 4 and here it's like Sara is the center of being able to solve everyone's problems in the manga. No wonder she barely showed up since volume 4, it's because her ability to fix things is bs tier.
>>
>>2617833
That's simple. Sarah is a busybody with no tact.
>>
>>2617837
True, but from a storytelling perspective I think her role is weak, since it means all major problems get conveniently solved when she shows up. She kills any buildup and tension. Harumin and Matsuri helping Yuzu would've felt more organic and realistic.
>>
>>2617841
Not really, she is not resolving any major problem, she's just breaking the stalemate the characters unknowingly got stuck on.
>>
>>2617843
Yuzu and Mei not talking for months have happened twice in the story and both times it was Sara who just conveniently shows up to fix it. She's practically a deus ex machina.
>>
>>2617848
She hasn't fixed anything yet, she just inspired Yuzu to actually do something about it.
>>
>>2617849
She also tricked Mei into getting into position to meet Yuzu and accept her confession in volume 4. She's also the one who convinced Yuzu to tell Mei her honest feelings in order for Mei to accept them. Sara was the driving force of getting them together and is so far the driving for to get Yuzu and Mei to patch things up now that they've essentially broken up for months.
>>
>>2617849
This time something feels really different. We don't know what Yuzu will talk about with her mother. There's lots of possibilities.
>>
>>2617851
I think since Mei is avoiding Yuzu that Yuzu's mom, who is most likely still in some contact with Mei, will trick Mei into meeting with Yuzu so that they can talk alone.
>>
>>2617587
>Mei was driven by her urge to feel needed when she thought Yuzu didn't really need her at the time.
The thing is that we now have information saying that, at the time Mei accepted going out with Sara, she wasn't being honest and was doing something she didn't want to.
Had she truly gone out with Sara because she really wanted to feel needed, then honesty wouldn't be an issue, because even if she didn't love Sara, she would at least have been acting on self-indulgence (which is what we used to assume prior to this new information). Yet, new information says that Sara noticed Mei was forcing herself to do something she didn't like, and thus Sara felt as if she was bullying Mei.

Furthermore, the argument that Mei just wanted to feel needed falls apart when we consider what happened after she told Yuzu she was going out with someone else. After that, Yuzu started seeking her out desperately. trying to show her that she really wanted/needed her in her life. So, Mei got exactly what she wanted from Yuzu, because she started going out with Sara.

Going on about Sara, it kinda angers me that every time she's included, someone else is made to look stupid. Back in volume 4, she managed to read Mei better than Yuzu has been able to in 10 volumes, and she only spent like, 3 days around Mei and dated her for a day (or less).
And now, she's read Yuzu better than all her friends. Hell, Harumi's approach as trying to give Yuzu space and not pry into her personal life during the previous chapter came off as mature, but now it turns out Yuzu really needed to get things off her chest and confide her feelings with someone else, thus making Harumi (the best friend) look like a retard.

Fuck, now Matsuri is proven to have been right both times. She was right her assessment of Mei back in volume 3, and she was right in trying to get involved in Yuzu's circumstances now. Of course, she's not as good as Sara, because Sara actually did something.
>>
>>2617918
So your view of volume 4 was that Mei forced herself to accept Sara's confession and date her in order to get Yuzu's attention. Basically, she was trying to create the jealousy reaction Yuzu had in volume 2 when Yuzu thought of Himeko as her love rival?

I think there are bits of volume 4 that don't follow that very well, but volume 4 is vague enough that I guess your explanation fits with all the current info we have.
>>
>>2617918
Teenagers not knowing what they really need?

news at eleven.
>>
>>2617918
Ah, then the kiss Mei reluctantly agreed to when Sara asked was probably due to feeling guilty for stringing Sara along until Mei got what she wanted from Yuzu. It explains why Mei accepted the confession of someone she'd never see for a long time, since she only needed to "date" her for the trip to get Yuzu's attention. Plus, why would Mei tell Himeko about where her date would be considering Himeko's a busybody, so it's likely Mei wanted Yuzu to know where her date would be so she could interrupt it.
>>
>>2617918
Harumin's lack of action is a long-running character flaw, which sucks it wasn't addressed after volume 5. Harumin's best moments have been her taking action to help Yuzu out, cheer Himeko up, or when she tries to act like the mature senpai to help Matsuri behave.

In that sense, Harumin and Matsuri balance each other out well most of the time, since Harumin's too passive while Matsuri's too impulsive.
>>
>>2617931
Yeah, I didn't use to follow the idea that Mei was trying to make jealous, and thought the idea was stupid, but the new revelation in this chapter made it seem to me like she indeed do that.
For example, like >>2617937 pointed out, Mei was not going to see Sara again, considering Mei lives in Tokyo in Sara live in the sticks, far away. So, aside from the trip, she wouldn't see her again, meaning that the idea of her feeling needed, falls further apart, since Sara would have been unable to fulfil that role, as she would have been unable to be around Mei.

>>2617934
Mei is the only character in this story whose behaviour is this erratic. It's not about being a teenager, but her being Saburouta's main device for melodrama. Sadly, she hasn't noticed how much this has hurt Mei's character - of course, all of this is coming from my (Western) perspective and, for all I know, Nip readers find Mei's actions understandable.
>>
>>2617646
It helps me to practice my Japanese, and I can read those mangas early (I can read them the same day that the raws are out)(obviously I wait for the CT's version to compare). But sometimes we differ a lot, and some parts of this chapter are too different (above all, the parts of Sara and Yuzu's coversation are really different between CT's and mine)
>>
>>2617695
Sorry, I am from Iceland, so my English is not like a native. I defend myself with Spanish and Japanese, but I am still learning English writing.
>>
>>2617741
I just want to say that I haven't responded to any comment about my translation until know. It was not me who was that mean.
>>
>>2617939
I understand character flaws, but this is a big issue. I mean, Harumi didn't look good, in the slightest, during volume 5 in which she did absolutely nothing to help Yuzu out, and ultimately ended up benefiting from her actions - since she was able to mend her relationship with her sister.

However, this time it was critical. Yuzu's behaviour clearly shows she's been going through some kind of depression, and Harumi wasn't there. Notice that this time helping Yuzu out didn't involve breaking school rules or getting into trouble, just reaching out to her - basically, do what Yuzu always does to others.

That being said, I suppose this is a very Japanese thing. When I went to Japan the first time and made some friends, I was surprised how several of them would confide some rather serious things about their lives and some even became emotional and just went all out. It was odd, until some well-travelled Japanese man told me Japanese wouldn't just confide their feelings to others, because they see it as troubling others (since they see it as if they're placing a burden on them), thus they find a loophole in gaijin, since they don't follow Japanese customs, and some of them know/think gaijin don't feel annoyed by listening to their troubles - I mean, it's not as if they want you to solve their issues, they just want to vent.

So, I'm guessing Sara is fulfilling the role of the outsider, on whom Yuzu can dump all of her issues without constraint.

In fact, I think in a way Saburouta has always been criticising the Japanese lack of individuality and openness to their own feelings, and we've got characters that feel very Western like Yuzu, Matsuri and Sara, whereas Mei, Himeko, Harumi and Shirapon are very Japanese. Harumi like to play the bad girl, but she does follow the rules (at least, the most important ones).
>>
>>2617965
There are also small hints in volume 4 that support your theory. Like Nina's ominous words to Mei before Sara confessed about knowing what Mei really desired, which the reader and Nina know are Yuzu. And then Mei's ominous small after asking Sara if she needed her, since it's very odd for Mei to smile, it was likely the sign that she had an plan she was going to put into motion.
>>
>>2617785
Looks like CT uploaded it to Managadex
https://mangadex.org/chapter/325107
>>
hmm, this chapter feels like filler, but its also important in its own way. these short chapters are so annoying i wish they were padded out a bit more.
>>
>>2618024
Now that Yuzu seems to have her grove back I'm hoping Matsuri and Harumin's conversation leads to them doing something for Yuzu, that way at least it will have payoff.

The manga being ongoing makes the pacing seem worse than what it really is. I'm sure by the end of the series it'll feel like it flows better than it does now.
>>
>Discussing the worse volume so far
>Discussing a flat character like Mei whose own author has trouble writing
Every single time.
>>
>>2618032
It's hard not to when the author retroactively tries to justify Mei's actions. Same thing as what happened with the letter in chapter 36. She outright wanted people to reconsider the early volumes after reading chapter 36.
>>
>>2617966
Don't worry, translations tend to have a lot of mistakes or don't convey the feelings of the original language properly, that's a fact that happens in fansubs and licensed manga. Even a translation that does its best to convey what the Japanese text wants to say won't ever be 100% accurate. I understand you because I know Japanese as well, and sometimes I read the raw of the manga I like and then I read the translation and boy, it's shit. I don't read CT's translation but I've seen complaints before so who knows. Just ignore rude anons, thanks for trying to translate anyways, and good luck with improving your English.
>>
>>2617974
Did they get in a fight with Dynasty or something?
>>
>>2618119
>Just for the record,any mistakes that were made in any of our chapters that are uploaded here are fixed in the final version that is uploaded on dynasty. We upload here for the feedback and your comments that sometimes are very entertaining :) so forgive any mistakes you see here
>>
>>2618119
No the upload will’happen later, that is all. Uploader aren’t always available.
>>
>>2618119
Uploader is on vacation.
>>
>>2617773
This is just getting worse and worse.
Ugh, put an end to this shit already.
>>
is saburo uta having a stroke or something? the writing is worse than the twins arc now
>>
I am baffled, there are still Japanese readers who root for Mei to pursue her goal and believe she deeply wants to have the Academy and honor her legacy.

>柚子は恋を諦め姉として生きる道を選ぶのかな。恋人ではいられなくても芽衣をそばで支えてあげたいと思うのか、あるいは芽衣が心静かに目標に向かっていけるように、遠く離れたところで芽衣の幸せを願いながら生きていこうと思うのか。柚子が姿を消すほうがドラマチックではありますね。

I don't see Yuzu's smile as her decision to play the older sister for Mei and give up her love, and I don't see either Yuzu disappear far away like going into another city or country contrary to this reader.

Does Japanese have a totally opposite view on this drama?
>>
>>2618340
Maybe. But i guess just a few readers thinks that Mei really wants to honor her legacy. I mean, it’s dumb to think that. Mei never showed passion to the Academy, she said that she can’t see Yuzu anymore, because her resolve would probably waver. And in the chapter 38 Sara’s revelation just shows that Mei can’t do what she really wants.

I searched for some japanese’s reactions, and almost everyone wants Yuzu and Mei together.
>>
>>2618340
Why does it matter? Saburouta has made it clear that she wants Mei and Yuzu endgame, regardless of what Westerners or nips want.
>>
>>2618384
I know, there isn't suspense, I just cannot figure how people can misread the last page. Very illogical from Yuzu to give up especially since Sara's speech made clear Mei could go along with something that strongly disgusted her ...
>>
>>2618385
Right, Yuzu won't give up, she'll fight for her damsel in distress as always.
>>
>>2618385
Exactly. Sometimes the Japanese's reactions are more stupid than the Westerner's. So just like you said, Sara's speech made clear that Mei just go along with everything, she feels that she isn't allowed to do what she wants.

It's obvious that Yuzu will talk to Mei soon. And i guess Ume and probably Shou would support those two. Also, i don't think it would be good to the Yurihime's reputation and Saburouta's career if Citrus gets a het ending. The manga sales boosted after the anime, and now Citrus is like a flagship series for the magazine. Why the fuck they would ruin it? It's hard to understand some nips.
>>
>>2618404
Still can't beat Yuru Yuri but yeah I agree. Of course this won't have a het ending, this is a yuri magazine and a yuri manga we're talking about. The fact that every thread we have people mentioning the chances of an ending where Yuzu and Mei won't be together makes me think it's a shitposter. This arc is just forced drama befoee the happy end.
>>
>>2618251
If you say the writing is bad at least give some example as to why.
>>
>>2618340
You have to understand that the Japanese have a huge boner for drama, and Citrus in many ways is like a soap opera.
Notice the post you quoted was even wondering which development would be the most dramatic.

Have you ever watched a Japanese soap opera? They're extremely melodramatic. The Japanese get off to that. They don't necessarily care about the happy ending like Westerners do. If they get a bittersweet or sad ending they'll be satisfied, as long as it is as dramatic as possible.

The whole need for a happy ending is a very Western thing, and rather modern, and possibly an aspect of American influence. If you read stories from Victorian era UK, or from anywhere else in Europe around that time, you'll notice stories could be rather dramatic and tragic as well. Back by the 13th-14th, when there were only two literary styles, the tragedy and the comedy, the tragedy was considered the highest form, whereas comedy was for the commoners - it's important to make the distinction that back in the day comedy didn't mean that the work was funny, just that there was a happy ending.
>>
>>2618662
Well, but lots of nips are expecting the happy ending as well. Also, Saburouta is always saying something about "their happy future" in all volumes. And since they're the OTP of the manga, it's obvious that they'll end up together.

Well, i'm also wondering why some people are still expecting it to end badly. I mean, chapter 38 just shows that Yuzu will save the day again. It's impossible to resist Yuzu's powers.
>>
>>2618680
>"their happy future"
Some people won't be satisfied no matter what happens. I doubt Mei will end up with the school. At best Shou will be back to take it back over.
>>
>>2618680
Yeah, but maybe the way they interpret "happy future" may be different from what we get from it. For most of us happy ending means they'll get together and live happily ever after. However, for many of them a happy future might just be that they will be able to make a choice with no regrets, regardless of what that choice might be. Or say, an ending in which Yuzu leaves wherever, Mei marries the Manager and takes over Aiahara Academy, but Yuzu eventually returns and they're on good terms might be considered happy by some.
>>
>>2618692
If this wasn't in YURI Hime then I might agree, but pretty much zero chance for a bad end given that Citrus is a popular series in a yuri magazine.
>>
>>2618692
Maybe. But i don't think all the nips are reading Citrus to get a het ending. It's hard to believe that Mei will be happy without Yuzu. Her letter in chapter 36 and Sara's speech in chapter 38 makes clear that Mei's resolve is weak, and she's only doing it for her grandfather's sake. So in the future she'll regret her choices (just like Shou). Mei is just running away from what she really wants.
>>
>>2618696
Is it even possible to get a het ending in a series published in Yurihime?
>>
>>2618702
I don't think so. NTR was probably the most het in a yuri series they'd allow and it still had yuri ending.
>>
>>2618706
Even NTR had a happy ending, it's hard to believe that some readers are expecting Citrus to get a bad ending all of sudden.
>>
>>2618702
No. But even if Mei doesn't marry the manager, she and Yuzu can remain separated and start new lives, eventually finding happiness on their own. But MeixYuzu will be the endgame because that is what Sabu wants. Seriously I'm fucking tired of this "bad ending" discussion, it happens every damn thread. What's happening right now is just shitty drama and you are suffering over it, just as planned.
>>
>>2618710
I think it's a mix of uninformed readers, including the ones from when the anime aired, and just hoping for a less traditionally cliche happy ending. But I doubt it's the majority that wants a non-happy ending.
>>
In good news, volume 10 is virtually impossible to be the ending, so Citrus go on until the end of 2018 at least for volume 11. We could even get a volume 12, which would mean Citrus might be ending a year from this month.
>>
>>2618716
Why is it good news? It would be good if that meant more volumes to see the happy couple, but it's clear Saburouta has slowed down the pacing to keep stretching the drama of this arc. I really wonder if this is out of pressure by YH, something similar to Jump stretching series
>>
>>2618720
She hasn't slowed anything, she's just exploring things that clearly no one expected her to explore.

Seriously I don't get why people are so pushy about the idea that Citrus has to end right fucking now. Just let the woman write her story, however, the fuck she wants.
>>
>>2618720
My guess is it's the last arc, unless they do spinoff or sequel series later, so they want it to last for as long as possible.
>>
>>2618728
It's not necessarily slower, it's just the longest an arc in Citrus has gone on for sure. It started in volume 9, but had buildup in volume 8, and even in volume 10, it could span another volume or 2 just to resolve the current drama.
>>
Funny thing is, by the time volume 12 could start, this arc will have been going on for almost half the run of the manga. Think about it, volumes 8-12 could all be considered one arc for the most part.
>>
>The chapter was yawn-inducing. The only thing I liked was the "revelation" that Mei is not allowed to have free will. But we already knew that, and if Yuzu didn't, she is a moron.
>>
Why was Sara trying to keep Mei's issues a secret from Yuzu? I first thought it could be out of privacy for Mei, but the longer Sara went without revealing something so important to Yuzu it felt like Sara's still crushing on Mei, and trying to keep something special between just the two of them. I kind of had the same feeling in the volume 6 bonus chapter when Sara acted like her friend just paled as student council president compared to Mei.
>>
Anyone else couldn't take Yuzu's crying seriously? I don't know how people cried with that. I love her but her expressions were funny, and the whole thing felt exaggerated and overdramatic. Even more so when Sara and Nina started crying as well. This is not the first time this has happened to me, I couldn't take her crying seriously in that scene in chapter 6? "How can I kiss her?" either. I think Saburouta should draw her crying differently.
>>
>>2618743
I disagree. The scenes where Mei is showing distraught over the situation, especially chapter 35, are unknown to Yuzu, not the reader. When she is crying for example.

Yuzu knows Mei isn’t the happiest one to marry, but i believe she thinks that Mei values more her legacy and her future as chairwoman than her romance. Yuzu always thought that her love for Mei was stronger than Mei’s one. But here she is realizing that Mei probably doesn’t even want the school for herself.

And Yuzu was more used to see a Mei who rejected something she wanted cause of shyness (the kiss once a day) or who said no cause she didn’t want something. But here she have the confirmation that Mei can also accept things she really doesn’t want to do. There is a great deal of situations in Citrus where we are in external focus without Yuzu witnessing important informations.
>>
>>2618728
>she's just exploring things that clearly no one expected her to explore
Like what? This arc has brought nothing new to the table. Fiance? Already happened. Breakup? Already happened. Mei acting retarded and making Yuzu suffer as a result? That's what Citrus is all about.

So, other than stretching an arc further than a volume, this current arc has done nothing new. It would something new if this was Mei's turn to fix things up, but I think it's clear for nearly everyone now that won't happen - unless next chapter simply involves Yuzu going to Mei to tell her that she respects her decision, but that she shouldn't make choices she isn't happy with and leave it at that, so that changing this situation ultimately depends on Mei herself.

>>2618747
Nah, Sara was clear about it. She realised it was something private about Mei and decided not to pry about it, and also not to disclose that information. It wasn't until she realised something happened between Yuzu and Mei, and that she saw Yuzu acting unlike herself that she decided she had to reveal to Yuzu that information.

For the Japanese, private info is something you just don't disclose.
>>
>>2618798
>And Yuzu was more used to see a Mei who rejected something she wanted cause of shyness (the kiss once a day) or who said no cause she didn’t want something. But here she have the confirmation that Mei can also accept things she really doesn’t want to do.

Well, it could sound dumb, BUT maybe Yuzu thought that Mei wasn't really want to be with her.

You know, Mei never give to Yuzu a proof of being happy with her.
>>
>>2618903
Well yeah, as far as Yuzu knows Mei could just never really bring herself to say she loves Yuzu. Even in volumes 5 and 6 Yuzu doubts that Mei loves her as much as she loves Mei.
>>
>>2618903
>>2618907
Indeed. There are multiples of panels, in volume 5, 6 even 7 when Yuzu says that her love is almost bigger than the universe. In volume 6, "Maybe, one day, Mei will see me with the same eyes but it's already too late for me". So yeah, i still believe that the fact Yuzu respected Mei's wish is also motivated by her belief in Mei prioritizing the school over her.

And Yuzu never blamed Mei for that, cause she loves her to the point to be selfless. We, readers, know Mei loves Yuzu as deeply, but Yuzu never saw the scenes we saw like Mei breaking down in chapter 35 or Mei's little gestures or glances that showed her feelings (when she's waiting for Yuzu in volume 6, hugging Kumagorou, or when she's buying the crepe to share it with Yuzu...).

The outcome could be Yuzu acting to say to Mei "you are allowed to choose what you really want" and let Mei makes the choice. A way to make Mei active while pushing things into motion from her side since Yuzu is the Mc and the hero of the manga.
>>
>>2618922
Volume 5 "Mei cannot be with someone careless like me", "I just thought that I really need to treasure the time that I can spend with you".

Yuzu accepted to be the more in love of the two, cause she expects Mei to follow a brilliant future, to be "more impressive" years after years as she states in the same chapter.

In fact, Yuzu perceived herself as an obstacle and a hindrance for Mei achieving her goals. Her sole purpose, make Mei happy including by staying far away from her if it's what Mei wants. But, if she realizes that these goals aren't the ones Mei desires, if Mei wants her but decided she wasn't allowed to have Yuzu, it changes her point of view. She will act because this time, she won't ruin Mei's wishes contrary to what she thought at first.
>>
One aspect I believe is important when talking about Mei is how her mind works. In, this chapter Sara gave us a clue that complimented really well things that had been presented to us before. Now we know that, as far as Mei is concerned, she doesn't have the freedom to make choices.

Sure, we know Grandpa can be strict, and that Shou used to be like that, but we also know that neither of them are evil people that would force Mei to do things she doesn't want to. For example, giving Mei a fiancee is just Grandpa's idea of protecting her by leaving her with a husband. That said, both Grandpa and Shou are the root of Mei's issues, since it was their strict upbringing that turned Mei into the person she is now. For Mei, rules are absolute.

When we saw Mei as a child, she was really happy, even though her upbringing was likely to have been strict. Normally, the idea would be that her change in character was because Shou abandoned her. And it certainly seemed to have been just that. However, I think there's an additional perspective to that, and that is that what affected Mei the most wasn't solely that Shou left, but WHY he left. He left because he no longer wanted to follow the Aihara rules. This probably caused some dissonance into what Mei used to hold as true: that rules were absolute. And there's also probably a sense of bitterness and powerlessness, because when her father asked her to go with him, she refused. However, going by what we just learned, she probably did want to go with him. Yet, she couldn't just go against the rules, and this probably frustrated her, because she couldn't do what Shou did, even though she wanted to.

The extent of Mei's adherence to the rules is illustrated during the chapter about Yuzu's notebook for dating. By the end of that chapter we realised Mei wasn't using the book to tease Yuzu, but that she had no idea what to do without it, and whilst funny at first, if you think about it, it just shows how Mei cannot work without rules.
>>
>>2618940
Exactly. I think that this need to stick to the rules became her second nature and she cannot help it. It's ingrained to the point that when Mei does something she dislikes, even though she's aware that she doesn't want it, well, she keeps on to go along. She cannot backtrack even though she wants it and knows she needs to.

The date is enlightening. There is the notebook but also Yuzu's way to show Mei that she needs to listen to her desires. At the cafe shop, Yuzu tells Mei, "you can choose what you want", and Mei is clueless, nobody ever really taught her how to do that. Yuzu's epiphany could simply be to put the options in front of Mei and empowers her to realize she's allowed to choose whatever she wants, without trying to fit into the others' expectations.

I prefer this solution than Shou taking back the school or other third party. Yuzu being Mei's key to free will could be a satisfactory way to solve two problems. Yuzu saves the day cause well, it's her manga, but Mei becomes proactive too and her fate's master.
>>
>>2618940
You talk about frustration because Mei accepted to do things she didn't want and felt powerless. Indeed, all Mei's sighs in the manga clearly show that too, especially in volume 8.
>>
>>2618948
I wonder if Yuzu will go directly to Mei or to Grandpa. I mean, Mei's case is about being unable to break away from the rules, but there's probably filial piety mixed into that, since it was her Grandfather who raised her when Shou left. So, I think that adds a level of complication to Mei's situation, because in addition to feelings she doesn't get to choose, it's also very likely that Mei doesn't want to "betray" her grandfather, by just leaving Aihara Academy without anyone to take care of it.

So, I'm wondering if the one Yuzu will reach out to isn't Mei but Grandpa. If Yuzu can somehow illustrate Mei's situation to Grandpa and he understands how things are, if it is him who tells Mei he never intended her to shackle her with rules and that she ought to choose what she really wants, even if that means leaving Aihara Academy that may be the push Mei needs to be free from her mental constraints.
>>
>>2618952
It's possible because I believe that the author deeply wants that every character here reaches a satisfactory ending. So Gramps need to have some sort of epiphany too, realizing he'll be happier with Mei being free and living a fulfilling life than having the school managed.

I wonder if Udagawa cannot simply be adopted and marry someone else to lead the school with a benevolent hand while Mei spreads her wings and earn her independence before coming back to the school with her free will. Or gramps would simply accept that the Academy isn't ruled by an Aihara in the future...
>>
>>2618953
Or maybe he can tell her he doesn't care if she's gay, that she can marry Yuzu for if she's happy that way, and that as far as he's concerned she can manage Aiahara Academy whilst being openly homosexual if that's what she wants.
Not the best way to keep students from traditional families, but if it makes Mei happy, that's what matters.

I think that would probably be the ideal end, since Mei has indeed displayed some degree of pride in her family.
>>
>>2618957
Especially if the author sticks to the trend she seems to highlight since the beginning of the manga with Yuzu as the MC. Valuing personal and individual's manifestation against collective's rules that are a source of self-oppression.

The motto "I just do what I want to do" is the manga's leitmotiv.
>>
Chapter 38 on Dynasty : https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch38#1

Corrected version.
>>
>>2618957
>she can manage Aiahara Academy whilst being openly homosexual if that's what she wants.
It the story hold an ounce of realism that's not going to happen, since the school was founded to make young rich girls into perfect wives for arranged marriages.
>>
>>2618680
>Well, i'm also wondering why some people are still expecting it to end badly.
Some people are retarded, surprise surprise, being Japanese doesn't exclude you from being dumb. There's people in this very thread that think it has any realistic chance of ending badly.

>>2619082
Agreed, that'd be the worst written ending, partly because it's not realistic to be openly homosexual with your sister while running an academy meant to prepare wives for arranged marriages, but also because I want to see Mei sacrifice the unhealthy-but-safe mentality of going along with her grandpa's plans and wishes of hers to be with Yuzu.
>>
File: 1511940594450.jpg (211 KB, 1200x900)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>
>>2619384
This artist is sure a fan of Yuzutop.
>>
>>2618340
Found this account. The guy is convinced that Yuzu decided to give up her love to be a good sister inspired by Nina and Sara’s relationship. She will found her hapiness like that. So yeah Japanese can be retarded and they don’t have the excuse of incorrect translations.
>>
>>2619458

>>「あたしと芽衣もいつか、サラとニナみたいな姉妹になれるのかな。その日を笑顔で迎えられるように、今は自分の道を進まなくちゃいけないよね。芽衣に負けてらんないな」と思っている顔に見えます(38話より引用)。柚子が恋を諦め姉になると決めたところで、柚子サイドの話が一旦終わるのかな。

This guy is still talking about it. Some nips can be as dumb as some westerners.
>>
>>2619655
Ok, so this guy clearly doesn't want a yuri end in a yuri series. He idolized the sisterly relationship as the ultimate goal the story must tend to. Why does he read the manga?

I can understand that Saburouta wants to clarify things in the last chapters about characters' state of minds. Because there are clearly people who don't know to read her story, including Japanese ones even though this reader is probably a minority.
>>
Last chapter let us know that by the time Mei's date with Sara arrived that she didn't want to go along with it anymore, despite whatever her original goal of agreeing to it was, but still forced herself to go along with it, since Mei doesn't view what she wants as being allowed.

I still wonder if Yuzu's renewed interest in Mei and Yuzu kissing Mei the night before the date is what really made Mei quit going along for the ride.
>>
I think what happened in volume 4 was this: Mei started do doubt Yuzu's romantic feelings for her so she tried to put their relationship back to just stepsisters. Then when Sara confessed so honestly, Mei was touched and thought it was a chance (feel needed, make Yuzu jealous, make Yuzu back down for good, make Sara's dream come true, whatever etc.), despite already telling Nina that she had no interest in dating Sara.

Things get more complicated when Yuzu starts pursuing Mei again, since Mei still wants Yuzu despite not admitting it. So when the day of the date comes, Mei, out of obligation to her promise and her unwillingness to pursue what she herself wants, goes along with the date despite not wanting to. It's at that point that Sara noticed that Mei wasn't into it and decided to call the farce off, send Mei away, and call Yuzu in. Mei ran away from Yuzu when she saw her next, so obviously Mei was still in denial of her desire at that point until Yuzu openly told Mei her own feelings and asked Mei to show her own.
>>
Given how Harumin's been acting in the story, think she might get a second development arc? Saburouta did mention during the anime that she wanted to do more with Harumin's family.
>>
>>2617621
>>2617624
How to spot someone who's never been in love. It's not that simple.
>>
Holy shit, Yuzu is going to tell her mom about her and Mei!
>>
>>2620821
yeah. it seems it's going to end soon with the same predictable ending where everyone is happy. i'm just sad saburouta failed to do something about her characters personality. they're the same until the end.
>>
>>2620944
It seems that only Marsuri and Yuzu received character development.
>>
>>2620821
I doubt Yuzu would out Mei to their mother, so Yuzu might only be going to ask her mom to set up a meeting with Mei so that Yuzu can talk to her and confront Mei about what she really wants.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.