[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: DramaCD.jpg (371 KB, 1280x583)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
Anime : 12 episodes
OP : nano.RIPE - Azalea : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfXwN5JQvg
ED : Mia REGINA - Dear Teardrop : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ha9_SFTK8
OST : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vtbpVVTPgg
Countdown arts : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ti3hub68hp1lvwi/Promotional%20citrus%20countdown.zip
=============
Studio : Passione (Hinako Note)
Director : Takahashi Takeo (Hinako Note)
Series Composition : Hayashi Naoki (Flip Flappers)
Character Design/Animation Direction : Ijuuin Izuro (Working!!!)
Music : Lantis (Tari Tari, Glasslip...)

Main Cast members announced :
Aihara Yuzu : Taketatsu Ayana (Date A Live - Kotori, High School DxD - Koneko, K-On - Azusa, Oreimo - Kirino)
Aihara Mei : Tsuda Minami (Yuru Yuri - Yui, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Miho)
Taniguchi Harumi : Fujii Yukiyo (Amagi Brilliant Park - Latifa, Re:Zero Mimi)
Momokino Himeko : Kubo Yurika (Love Live - Hanayo, Galko-chan - Fushigi-chan)
Mizusawa Matsuri : Izawa Shiori (Sword Art Online - Argo, Symphogear - Micha)
==================
Manga : Ongoing

Scans on Dynasty : https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus
Anthology booklet short stories : https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus_anthology_lovely_party
Anthology book : https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus_anthology

Translations are done by Chaosteam (CT)

Latest translation: Chapter 38: Twins get Yuzu to talk about her problems and Yuzu decides to talk to her mom about something.

Next
- Chapter 39, 18th of June

DVD and blue-Ray : 3 episodes per volume
Volume 4 : 3rd of July

Drama CD volume 4 :
Track 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yMiqyEuVw
Track 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo
Track 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMFjDOaY6A
Track 4 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36K5TmmGTq8

Drama CD volume 9 :
Track 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWcUKK68qg&t=23s
Track 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEUfYGOIH4&t=194s
Track 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAlJ2qROP8
>>
Will we see Mei or does the author keep her for the last pages of volume 10?
>>
>>2631891
She might show up next chapter, since Yuzu was likely asking her mom to set up a chance for her to meet with Mei, so they can talk.
>>
>>2631593
>The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Harumin confessing as a catalyst for Mei and Yuzu to get together for the final story arch, to then move on to a sequel series that features her as the main character, with the rest of the cast as support. It would allow us to see Mei X Yuzu developing as a stable relationship, while Harumin is intriguing enough to carry her own storyline.
>>
Who else wanted Yuzu to kill herself when she found out Mei was gonna get dicked?
Just caught up today. Her death would put Mei in one hell of a guilt trip, it would have been hilarious.
>>
File: tenor.png (121 KB, 540x304)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>2632092
What is wrong with you.
>>
>>2632092
The MC who is also the manga PoV. Sure ... Even Saburouta on crack after one month of sniffing coke wouldn't dare to do that.
>>
File: DYdNow6VQAAIMio.jpg (431 KB, 1756x2048)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>2632100
>>2632124
It'd be a great way to end the series you know.
I mean, screw happy endings, we get that a lot nowadays. Saburouta should ride the despair train to the very end and finish it with a bang!
Give me some of that grimderp.
I can imagine Yuzu's mom finding her body with open wrists in the bathtub, overdose in her bedroom or hung herself in the veranda.
>>
>>2631582
I really wish Harumin was also running for the Yuzubowl from the start. I really like her character.
>>
>>2632135
Like the fiance thing from volume 1, it might just be something the author was saving to bring back in the series toward the end of it. Harumin did tease/flirt with Yuzu in the early volumes, and the volume 3 bonus chapter had Matsuri outright tell Harumin that she thought Harumin had feelings for Yuzu. Harumin denied it at first, but just kept silent when Matsuri told Harumin she could sense it.
>>
Why do I have the impression we won't see Mei at all or indirectly.
>>
>>2632322
As some other anons predicted she might not show up until end of chapter 40 or the start of chapter 41 in order to build more tension.

Something might happen where Yuzu might not be able to meet with Mei right away. Or Mei might turn down the meeting and just send Yuzu another letter.
>>
>>2632322
Mei-be, Mei-be not.
>>
>>2632327
"Ne Yuzu"
>>
>>2632327
I wish old Yuzu comes out again and just kicks in the door.
>>
>>2632306
I’m really interested to see what will happen between Yuzu and Harumin. I mean, Harumin’s behavior in chapter 37 is really strange. I’m starting to believe that she’s really in love with Yuzu.
>>
>>2632399
That's the thing. Many people just expect Yuzu and Mei to get right back together, but Saburouta might throw Harumin into the mix as a curve ball to complicate things and force Mei to change her mind.
>>
>>2632411
>Many people just expect Yuzu and Mei to get right back together,
I don't think that's true. Some of the younger ones, perhaps, but anyone who has a clue about how storytelling works, knows there's more than meets the eye to this.
>>
>>2632413
It's the only chance to use Harumin without making her seem like a homewrecker.
>>
File: 02.jpg (1.35 MB, 1352x1920)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>
File: 03-04.jpg (3.74 MB, 2706x1920)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
>>2632422
..Because I felt like ...
>>
File: 05.jpg (1.44 MB, 1352x1920)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>2632424
...Posting these.
>>
>>2632092
>>2632130
Wtf is a smelly fatass cuck waifufag doing here?
>>
Okay onee-samas, there are 5 days or so until the new chapter is out, so place your predictions, what do you think Yuzu will do next chapter?

For me, 85% chances are she's going to confront Mei about what she had just learnt from Sara. There are 10% chances she does something unrelated to Mei or the Aihara, 4% chances she goes to her friends for help (as in, she reflected about what Sara told her she was acting like Mei, and decided to first work on herself, which is what Mei ought to have done), 1% chances she goes to Gramps, calls Shou or does something that involves both of them.
>>
Just chiming in to say thanks to everyone here for bringing this series to my attention. I don't know why I haven't heard of it until today but I'm almost done with the anime episodes. I love it, I love it a lot.
>>
>>2632521
99% chances are is that she will run after her, say some pseudo-emotional stuff and have a happy ending.
>>
>>2632583
Too soon for that. Nothing has been dealt with with Mei's family and last we saw of Harumin she was acting weird. I'd expect more drama before a resolution.
>>
>>2632588
Harumin is just being her usual self. She's acting the way she acted during the time her sister showed up to stir up trouble.
As fun as she might be, Harumi is a coward. She's not good at dealing with problems and she prefers not to get involved in other people's issues, no matter who they are - probably in order to avoid getting herself hurt as Matsuri pointed out.
Whether we'll see why Harumi became like this is up to Saburouta. Personally, I don't see its relevance in the current plot, but I think it could make for a nice spin-off - which would likely do well considering MatsuHaru is rather popular.
>>
>>2632639
Harumin's issues could actually tie into the strict family plot. Saburouta said during the anime that the women attended the academy since Harumin's grandmother's time and that Harumin's family is full of scary people. So even if no one in Harumin's family besides Mitsuko has been shown yet (Saburouta expressed interest in expanding on Harumn's family at some point), they are still a source of stress for Harumin.

And as you pointed out, Harumin hasn't gotten her character development yet. She didn't change after volume 5, because unlike many people thought, her real issues weren't tied to Mitsuko. It feels like Harumin and Matsuri are developing into their out sub/sideplot at this point in the story. These issues were introduced in Citrus, so I'm not sure they'd save it for a spinoff.
>>
>>2632728
That's why i said it would depend on Saburouta. If she wants to make Harumin's issues into something simple, I can see it being incorporated into Citrus - which seems to be in its last stage.
However, if Saburouta feels like going deep into this and expanding on Harumi's family, she could very easily go for a spin-off.
>>
File: Dfaq5cgVAAAdqxN.jpg (297 KB, 1080x2094)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1006179480547684353

What?
>>
It was drawn with her non-dominant hand.
>>
>>2633081
Like we needed a picture to figure out she prefers dominant.
>>
>>2633075
This is how Mei feels right now, all squiggly and a complete mess with nothing but her teddy to comfort her.
>>
>>2633565
Why is the teddybear such a mess?
>>
i want YUZU x HARUMIN
it's NOT FAIR
>>
While I can understand the point of the current conflict in the manga, it sucks that it had the unintended effect of making most fanfiction for the series turn into repetitive angst about Mei leaving Yuzu for years, possibly being married to Udagawa for a time, and maybe having a kid or 2 with him. Only one story I can think of did well with this premise and that's Uncomfortable Truths.
>>
>>2634034
My fantasies would be fulfilled with a Harumin confession.
>>
>>2634116
We all know she'd be rejected, but that could be a nice character moment, where Harumin feels freed by confessing her feelings and can finally start to let them go and move on.

Of course, it's possible that Harumin doesn't like Yuzu that way and is only acting distant due to her usual hangup of not getting involved with other peoples problems.
>>
File: 1515842707189.gif (900 KB, 480x270)
900 KB
900 KB GIF
>>2634116
i cant handle her being rejected
they're so perfect for each other and it's not fucking fair
>>
>>2634067
Yes. But it's funny how some readers thinks that something like that will actually happen in the manga. I mean, this would be horrible for the Comic Yurihime Magazine and Saburouta's career. To be honest, this arc is giving a bitter taste, i don't think i'll be able to ship Yuzu and Mei like i used to.
>>
>>2634132
The timeskip and sudden character changes give the series an entirely different feel from before. It feels disconnected from the earlier volumes now.
>>
>>2634143
Yes. But right now it seems that Yuzu is back. The little smile in the chapter 38 is a good signal. Maybe everything will start to get better.
>>
>>2634132
Same for me. The conflict was fine as long as Mei was giving Yuzu mixed signals but the moment they felt almost on the same page and Yuzu was confident in their relationship being reciprocated, it crumbled and this bitterness destroyed the dynamic. After chapter 36 the manga made the buzz but people are almost indifferent now, they are just waiting for the resolution without passion anymore.

I believe the author missed the occasion to give a final memorable arc.
>>
>>2634381
I don't know. She chose to go drama route instead of having Yuzu and Mei actually get closer as a couple leading up to their final year in high school, have fun, and graduate happily. Just coming out to their family could've been a big final drama, but no, it's cliche arranged marriage plot, along with Shiraho and Himeko being revealed as having fiances too.
>>
>>2634386
Honestly there are way way way too many cliché arranged marriage plots in yuri, and Citrus is just another one.
>>
>>2634430
That might be the problem, maybe Saburouta or her editor wanted to play it safe for what's possibly the last arc.
>>
>>2634143
> It feels disconnected from the earlier volumes now.
I think it's probably mostly the effect of not having had any Citrus chapters for 2 months, especially after that cliffhanger.
The fact Yuzu has been depressed for the 2 chapters since the break, and that the last time we saw Mei was in... uhhh... January (?) doesn't help either, and the current t feeling is gloomy, which considering the current development, is clearly intentional.
>>
>>2634607
Kind of funny they do a timeskip and the following 2 months of no new chapter gave readers a sense of chapter 35 having been a long time ago.
>>
As I said, it seems to me the series lost its momentum and couldn't surf on the anime's ending and chapter 36's shock.

But, I can understand the author wants to create a salty, sour and bitter atmosphere. I just hope it has the purpose to create another shock and awaken a little the readers and the fanbase.

Cause it really seems that people, including hardcore fans and followers who stuck with the manga since its beginning, aren't excited anymore.
>>
>>2634746
The series started as drama-fulled 'will they, won't they get together'. This grabbed many readers attention. Though I think they should've gotten together around Christmas rather than dragging it out with a very silly misunderstanding for an entire volume afterward.

Their relationship phase was a new kind of engaging. We see them steadily get closer and it seemed like it was building to Mei finally telling Yuzu she loves her, but no, volume 9 subverted this expectation that many readers had or were hoping for. Many readers were even in denial once it became clear the arranged marriage plot was back and kept thinking the other characters were jumping to conclusions until Mei had her meeting with her grandfather.

Embracing a cliche twist that's been seem numerous times in other yuri series lost many people their enthusiasm. It makes the series feel more cookie cutter than it could've been. The way it was handled also made Mei look very bad to many people in the west. And of course there were the hiatuses in December and March, with March not even having the usual bonus chapter to help cover for it. It really messed with the pacing and helped lose any momentum the anime helped to build.

We're now just waiting for the inevitable resolution to this arc, and possibly the series if this is indeed the last obstacle.So by volume 12 could be the end. But I'm going to say if this is indeed the final arc, then it's been very underwhelming so far.
>>
>>2634762
It's just that some readers wanted Mei to chase after Yuzu. But as expected, Yuzu will be the one to save the day again. To make things worse, Mei will probably act like a retard again.

This arc feels so wrong right now. To be honest, i just wanted Yuzu to get together with Harumin and let Mei live a unhappy life. But this won't happen, so yeah.
>>
Mei has had absolutely zero character development in 5 years. I can't blame readers, even long-time, hardcore fans, for feeling underwhelmed, disconnected, and disappointed.
>>
>>2634810
Mei has developed some internally, but the problem is she still won't take the stand to act on her new outlook when it really mattered.
>>
>>2634810
It's sad. Right now i don't even know if she deserves to get together with Yuzu again.
>>
>>2634843
She doesn't. It's what I've said before, Mei has been the passive on in the relationship, she needs to show that she wants to be with Yuzu as much as Yuzu wants to be with her. Which is why this whole thing was long overdue.
>>
>>2634843
>>2634863
Yuzu deserves so much better than Mei. Mei does not deserve Yuzu.
Yuzu, can be a baka at times, and can rush headlong into things without making proper judgement; but has a good heart, and and deeply cares for those that she loves. Yuzu is sweet, compared to the unfeeling and avoiding Mei.
Yuzu put her heart and soul into loving Mei. Mei did not reciprocate. Throughout their entire "relationship", Mei was never into it. Maybe she felt lonely and wanted companionship, maybe she just didn't want to break Yuzu's sweet heart of gold. Maybe both. But Yuzu deserves someone better.

Although she can't have Harumin because I love MatsuHaru lol, but anyone else.
>>
>>2634902
>Mei was never into it. Maybe she felt lonely and wanted companionship, maybe she just didn't want to break Yuzu's sweet heart of gold. Maybe both.
Mei was bad at showing it alot of the time, but she's had feelings for Yuzu by at least the end of volume 2 when the spark kiss happened. Volume 4 showed she couldn't just go along with someone who confesses to her, it had to be Yuzu. And volume 7 was Mei admitting to Shiraho that she loved Yuzu.
>>
>>2631860
Dropped the anime as soons as the best friend and Yuzu started to "compete" for Mei. Mei is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve the amount of effort yuzu puts into their "relationship"
>>
>>2634915
They're not in a relationship by that point anyway. They start dating very end of chapter 16, start of chapter 17.
>>
File: DfmFA27V4AAfmbI.jpg (51 KB, 993x745)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>2634918
gorgeous pic
>>
>>2634914
Mei's affection for Yuzu isn't even a sliver of a fraction of what Yuzu's affection for Mei was.
>>2634915
Correct. Yuzu puts in maximum effort, and Mei puts in nothing. It's almost like Mei actively tries to be miserable. She deserves to be after everything that happened.
>>
>>2634923
saburouta is miserable, that's why she can't improve her characters
>>
>>2634939
I think she's a fan of dysfunctional characters and dysfunctional relationships. She also loves playing with genre cliches. She can do some great character moments, but her truly doing something original is very unlikely.
>>
>>2634941
Saburouta is a great artist, I'll give her that.
But her story development, the prevalence of unexplained plot holes, character development...
Bad. Really, really, bad.
>>
>>2634964
I think the issue is when the series started she didn't think it would go on for as long as it has, since most yuri series are like 3 volumes max. So she didn't really have Mei's character defined at the start of the series, since she probably thought she wouldn't have the time to give Mei complexity.

Same issue probably with many of the plot issues. She most likely just expanded the story however she felt like at the time with no clear goal in mind, except for bringing the arranged marriage plot back at the end as the grand finale.
>>
>>2634923
>Mei puts in nothing
That's probably due to her upbringing though. We've been shown Mei cannot function without rules. For her, rules are everything, to the point she even decided to use Yuzu's retarded notebook as an actual guide for date, clearly stating that without it she had no idea what to do.

So, Mei always knew that she would never be able to give Yuzu what she wanted, because she was aware that at some point her responsibilities would catch up to her and that she would oblige.

I said it once before, but when Shou abandoned her, the biggest shock to Mei probably wasn't that her father left her, but that he broke the rules. For her, Shou was an example of what she had to become, and once he broke from that mold nothing made sense to her, because for her rules are absolute.

Yuzu, unlike Mei, is a free spirit who is only bound to whatever she wants to be bound. So, for Mei Yuzu was probably something she knew she couldn't become, and that's why she never went to great lengths for her because she was aware that, in the end, she would do whatever her grandfather told her to.

As for why she remained around Yuzu for so long? She did love her. Mei really liked being around Yuzu, and she clearly was the happiest around her. This is clear in how she cried when they were trying the wedding dresses. Mei wants a future with Yuzu, but she just can't find it in herself to break the rules she believes she's bound to.
>>
>>2634964
What is a plot hole?
>>
>>2635156
Maybe plot hole is the wrong word. But in every single volume, a random character pops out of nowhere and causes trouble. This is especially true in volume 9. I guess the plot is less of a hole, and more of, I suppose, "contrived", would be the correct word.
>>
>Yurihime of this month (planned the 18th).
As expected, Citrus 39 is planned in this issue

This means raws should be out on the 17th for many people due to timezones. Only a few more days away and cover of chapter 39 should drop a bit earlier than that.
>>
>>2635141
I can buy that Mei is acting in-character for someone with her upbringing and personality. But that doesn't make me want to root for her any more. If she manages to fight all of that and chase Yuzu for the sake of love then I'd like her.
>>
>>2635177
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of how Saburouta ended up writing Mei, but I do think it's worth it to try to see what point she's trying to send across.
For one, the latest chapter showed us how it was required for a pair of "outsiders" to show up to solve a problem the people involved couldn't (Yuzu's depression). And Yuzu learned that the helplessness she was facing was the same thing Mei has been feeling all along.
I think that works well with a critique that Saburouta seems to have been making on Japanese culture when it comes down to expressing yourself freely, which is looked down upon in Japanese society. Notice how Yuzu, a free-spirited girl, irradiates happiness to everyone around her. On the other hand, you have Mei who, by traditional standards, is pretty much a model girl who is admired by her peers. However, unlike Yuzu, Mei is trapped in her own circumstances. She isn't free or happy, and she simply does what she's expected to.

If you've read/watched Welcome to the NHK, Mei's progression has been like that of the characters in that story. She makes a bit of progress and then goes back several steps. This is because her issues run deep in her mind, and some kindness and goodwill won't make them go away. She's carried those issues for most of her life, and in her case said issues involve a variety of factors ranging from her own family rules, to societal expectations and the culture she was raised in. So, whilst many readers expect her to show some linear character development that won't happen because not only is Mei Saburouta's main vehicle for drama, Mei has been written in both an overt and subtle fashion to show that she's been heavily affected by what she experienced in her upbringing.

Also, notice that the story doesn't try to pass Gramps or Shou as bad people, even though they are the prime culprits in turning Mei into the troubled person she is today, probably because they're also a result of the society they were raised in.
>>
>>2635200
I tend to agree with you. Mei's trying to figure out what she wants, and the school has been such a core part of her life, ofcourse she can't just give it up like that.
>>
>>2634941
She's a fan of not knowing what to do with her characters. Even yuzu is not developed. She's just more aggressive, too direct, which is rather a turn off. I understand saburouta wants to communicate that you should follow your heart and not let go, but she doesn't know how to put that in a story.
>>
>>
Found some scans on facebook. Yuzu talks with her mom, Mei's dad is back, twins appear again, Yuzu talks with Harumi, overall Yuzu looks pretty happy and determined. No Mei so far
>>
>>2635333
So mei's dad will also know about their relationship. So everyone gathered and they will all run after mei and then a pseudo emotional thing will happen and mei loves yuzu and yuzu loves mei and everyone is happy because everyone sees them as soul mates.
>>
>>2635333
>>2635374
Does Mom know, though? I can't recall.
>>
>>2635374
nips already saw Shou coming back. it seems that he will stop grandpa
>>
>>2635374
None of this proves anyone knows Yuzu loves Mei romantically yet, just that Yuzu wants Mei to be given a choice in her own future. Maybe what Yuzu asked was for Ume to call Shou back home to confront Mei and tell her what he told Yuzu clear back in volume 2.

>>2635376
Oh great, Mei's problems being solved for her yet again.

>>2635333
>Yuzu talks with Harumi
Hopefully this goes okay, but if Matsuri was right this could throw a wrench into things.
>>
What if the series doesn't progress like we expect? What if maybe Mei chooses to travel together with Shou in order to have time to find herself? And then her and Yuzu just exchange letters and reunite as a couple at the end of the series.
>>
>>2635395
As long as she chooses her own path, i don't mind it.
>>
>>2635316
Yuzu is always so lovely! She deserves to be happy...

So Shou will really avoid the marriage...maybe Mei will come back to live with Yuzu again...
>>
A pet rock does more own its own than Mei does.
>>
>>2635382
>>Yuzu talks with Harumi
I hope it's Yuzu contacting Harumin because she wants to explain why she's been so distant. So she tells Harumi how she feels about Mei and Harumin just smiles and says she already knew. I don't want there to be any Yuzu/Harumin drama.
>>
>>2635430
We'll see. Hopefully this chapter will settle things for all either way. Only downside could be is it ends as a cliffhanger of Harumin wanting to tell Yuzu something, or Harumin acting weird after Yuzu talks to her.
>>
>>2635433
>Harumin acting weird
Well, I never.
>>
>>2635430
Yuzu telling Harumin what's been up with her makes sense, but I wonder if Yuzu will ask Harumin about herself, since we've never gotten confirmation if Harumin's engaged or not.

Also, things are going a bit too smoothly. Surely we won't get a rushed volume 10 ending to the series with the bonus chapter being the epilogue.
>>
File: 1521907815259.jpg (388 KB, 1280x720)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>2635447
>nothing but sadness
>Sara appears
>everything gets solved in one chapter
How does she do it.
>>
>>2635458
Deus ex machina
>>
>>2635316
Yuzu is beautiful as fuck.
>>
Yuzu tells Sara that she feels relief after telling her what happened with Mei, and that she sees everything clearer.
What does she see clearer? What to do? or Mei behavior?
>>
>>2635503
Mei's motive
>>
>>2635382
>>2635375
i was just predicting what will happen
>>
>>2635395
that would be a total regress from her. The drama until now would be pointless so i doubt it will be like that.
>>
>>2635458
by being in a cheap story
>>
>>2635536
The drama until now is already pointless, regardless.
>>
>>2635536
Character development isn't linear. Mei can take steps back to reassess herself.
>>
>>2634810
Mei had more character development than Yuzu.
>>
>>2635635
2013: Mei does nothing on her own. Everyone solves her problems for her.
2018: Mei does nothing on her own. Everyone solves her problems for her.
>>
>>2635621
she will cease to exist if she will take any more steps back
>>
>>2635635
they're both bland, like saburouta
>>
>>2635659
Blow me.
>>
I wonder if Matsuri sees that Yuzu's better, or if Harumin ends up telling her.

Also, I'm pretty sure none of the cast realizes that Udagawa is Mei's fiance yet.
>>
No matter what happens, I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like it. Saburouta continues to crush my soul.
>>
>>2635859
A few things are possible.

1) Mei drops her arranged marriage easily.
2) Mei tries to stand by her choice, but Shou and Yuzu continue to convince her she's making a mistake, until she finally comes to her senses and calls the engagement off.
3) We get a detour to learn more about Harumin's family situation and learn more about the origins of the academy from grandma Taniguchi.
>>
>>2635864
4) Timeskip with Mei actually getting married.
>>
>>2635859
Seems like she is taking the wrong route....I am suffering every chapter
>>
>>2635973
The only way this happens is if it's to Yuzu. The entire point is Mei not making the same mistakes as Shou with going along with his unhappy life as long as he did.
>>
>>2636050
Except Shou did eventually remarry just to make Mei happy. Not much different than Mei marrying just to make gramps happy.
>>
>>2636080
Citrus is one of the most popular series in a yuri magazine. Anyone who expects Mei to marry Udagawa is going to be very disappointed.
>>
>>2635973
Why do people keep ignoring Saburouta's author notes that have repeatedly promised a happy ending with Yuzu and Mei together?
>>
>>2636098
No one expected Mei to break up with Yuzu to get engaged to Udagawa and yet here we are.
>>
>>2636107
It was exactly expected, since this is cliche temporary drama for the finale and as >>2636100 pointed out, Saburouta already confirmed yuri ending.
>>
>>2636100
>>2636110
Because we live in a world of lies and deceit, neesamas, and we know better than to trust in people's word.
>>
>>2636173
Lying to readers for years in her author notes would be career suicide. Not to mention that Yuri Hime magazine doesn't allow het endings.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (253 KB, 869x1277)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>2636180
>Lying would be career suicide
You can't say that with Trump in office.

To your second point, you don't need a het ending to be inadequate. Pic related.
>>
>>2636192
The marriage arc is just forced drama because Sabu is dumb enough not to know how to write a satisfying last arc for her manga. It will end happily for plenty of reasons that have been posted in every single citrus thread for months.
>>
>>2636192
Pic related was a love triangle series that took itself seriously. It was always going to be disappointing.
>>
>>2636213
Not only that, but it was a complete love triangle. It wasn't B and C love A with A having feelings for both, but it was a triangle in which A loves B, B loves C and C loves A. To top it all the 3 of them were best friends. That was never going to end well.
It was sad that the Yaoi aspect of it was more satisfying, in a bloody Yuri manga.
>>
>>2634746
I think Saburouta doesn't know how to deliver her plot well. She could still go with the cliche of Mei having to get married etc, but she should focus these chapters around developing the actual characters. Not adding the new/side characters to force them solve the conflict with "your fate person is waiting for you!You should fight for her!".
It would be way nicer if we got a chapter with Mei only, showing her inner struggles about the marriage. Like, what she's doing right now in that house, thinking of Yuzu, having meetings with her grandpa etc.
>>
Harumin and Matsuri are the only reason I haven't dropped this shit.
>>
>>2636278
she is showed to be suffering. she is always like that, she just doesn't express it directly
the marriage is just another context for showing that they are really interested in each other
>>
>>2636281
best couple
>>
>>2636293
ironically all it has done is make Mei look like a heartless bitch who would dump her girlfriend to earn some brownie points to make getting a job at her family business slightly easier.
>>
File: 68541047_p0.jpg (713 KB, 1300x1000)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>2635458
She's Sabs' pet character.
>>
File: f8WrTTd.png (965 KB, 988x850)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
>>2635382
>Oh great, Mei's problems being solved for her yet again.
Yuzu is literally a human being that exists for the sole purpose of making Mei happy. It's pretty fucking sad that the few times Yuzu fails in this (due to her own nervousness/inadequacies), Mei/the story crucifies her.
>>
>>2636281
It's a shame they don't get more focus, but well, despite a couple of volumes, Citrus IS a melodrama.
>>
>>2636334
>ironically all it has done is make Mei look like a heartless bitch
To be fair, I only see Westerners making these kinds of complaints. In fact, not even all Westerners, but Americans, since I don't see Latin Americans, or Europeans complaining as much.
On the other hand, the Japanese readers seem to feel sad for Mei.
>>
>>2636426
How can you tell who's complaining?
>>
>>2636426
When the actual story has her own father rejecting the "responsibility" you have to be brain dead to feel sorry for Mei.
>>
New leaks from the conversations between Ume and Yuzu. Yuzu talks about marriage with Mei and ask for support ... support comes from Shou and Ume. So parents coming out is solved.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5749675028
>>
Coming out chapter it seems ... Harumi's smile in one of the little images leaked seems to point that she knew all along but is happy Yuzu told her clearly.
>>
More pages of the new chapter have been posted. As mentioned before, Yuzu looks really happy and motivated. Talks with her mom, Shou, Sara, Matsuri and Harumin. Everyone seems supportive. The chapter ends with a conversation between Yuzu and Harumin. Harumin says she loves Yuzu (word used is "suki" that can be ambiguous and not necessarily romantic) but it doesn't look like a confession, Yuzu blushes but then they keep talking and both smile, Harumin supports Yuzu too.
>>
It ends with Harumi and Yuzu talking and reaching understanding. Well, 5 chapters for this volume maybe, or chapter 40 will end with Mei and Yuzu meeting. Yuzu is determined to marry Mei after having her back and made it clear and loud to everyone.
>>
>>2636592
Yeah, Harumi loves her like a friend. The smiles show that Harumi is in best friend and support mode. So no love rival, last hurdle is taking back Mei with Mei accepting to honor her real desires.

Shou seems here but didn't try to stop the wedding, so he's like in chapter 7, he wants Mei to do her choice herself, to have her own epiphany like he did. I am a little disappointed by that, the guy just go along with whatever his daughters want, but if Mei won't change her mind, he wouldn't be the one to convince her.
>>
>>2636593
Everything seems to have been resolved easily, even the situation with the parents. Maybe Yuzu will plan a surprise wedding with everyone but Mei knowing, Mei will appear on her wedding day thinking she would marry the manager and then Yuzu is there, typical happy end that ends on marriage.
>>
>>2636604
I am more on the idea Yuzu takes Mei back (talking no jutsu and all this shit, tears, i am sorry, i love you), and we go to the graduation day and the marriage ... and maybe the honeymoon.
>>
>>2636597
Another thing is that when Yuzu was about to tell Ume her feelings for Mei, Ume stopped her and told her there was nothing wrong with loving someone.
Then she also told her relationships would also have hardships, and told her she and her father (the biological one) got together by a time when Ume was around Yuzu's age, and that despite the happy moments there was also hardship.
>>
>>2636608
I think that we all see that Yuzu know there are hardship and there will be some more after Mei is back. Yuzu is not naive anymore. But, it gives some room for other drama, we don't know how Mei will react when Yuzu comes back in full fighting spirit. And Udagawa is still the secret fiance.
>>
>>2636426
I'm Asian and I will still tell you Mei is absolute horseshit. Unlike the west Asian culture doesn't really worship selflessness in love.
>>
I like this chapter ... more than the happy vibes we have, at last, mother-daughter big heart to heart. It was expected and this is a great moment in the manga. Shou is shit as always but a very accepting shit so fine. But Ume is class A mother.
>>
>>2636636
Mei is lucky, best girlfriend of the world, best mom. The girl should really make her mind.
>>
>>2636636
I honestly would have liked to be able to have seen Yuzu's father at least once. Something tells me he probably was a very cool dude - considering how every time Ume talks about him you can tell she's talking about the love of her life.
>>
Well... I am happy with knowing that Harumin doesn't like Yuzu. I was really concerned about her.
>>
>>2636650
I would like to see a picture of Yuzu’s dad, Ume and little Yuzu together.
>>
>>2636721
Possible. In a bonus chapter where Mei want to see old picture of her future wife or maybe one panel, in the last chapter when Yuzu/Mei will enter their new house or will prepare for their adult life together. I can see the classical shot on some pictures showing them and their loved one after a little time skip, cliche but indeed, almost mandatory.
>>
File: 27.png (1.27 MB, 933x1348)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>2636652
Harumin is such a nice friend. This chapter is a nice closure to Yuzu's fear in chapters 23 and 24.
>>
>>2636740
And the author shot dead all theories about Harumi being love rival and final boss for Mei.
>>
>>2636742
Of course Mei will have everything done for her.
>>
>>2636652
they're so perfect together it's not fair
>>
>>2636652
This last page sets the tone for next chapter. We haven't seen Mei in months, so maybe her will to go along with the arranged marriage is at an all time low anyway. Would be funny if Yuzu tries to talk Mei out of the marriage and Mei almost instantly gives up on it.
>>
>>2636612
>And Udagawa is still the secret fiance.
He's literally Sara 2.0 who will obviously step aside. He didn't really want to get married either, he admires Yuzu, and he was/is super supportive of her love. It can't be a coincidence that he knows about Mei and Yuzu's rings.
>>
>>2636591
>she knew all along but is happy
She made a minor comment in volume 3 that suggested she might know, and volume 4 drama CD had Matsuri practically spell it out for her. She's most likely known since their first year of high school.
>>
>>2636759
The parents and friends drama was solved so easily, so I can see that too. Yuzu scheming a big plan and when she faces Mei, Mei just gives up without any real confrontation.

The "yuzu is scarred and traumatised for life" and "Mei will have to be forgiven" theory is dead too. Yuzu is bubbly once again, and full of love and support for Mei. So there won't be any chapter with Yuzu having to be reassured by Mei.

We really are in a shonen yuri, Yuzu, like every shonen protag is resilient as fuck and all doubt periods are very short lived. The girl is a rock and full of acceptance, like Naruto forgave Sasuke and supported him all manga long whatever shit he did.
>>
>>2636764
If Yuzu and Mei talk the start of next chapter, then things could be resolved by the end of the volume, then the story can move into summer vacation again, for a happy one like people were hoping for last year.

But if they don't meet until the end of the volume, expect next volume to be Yuzu having to pursue Mei to get her to change her mind and have her admit to choice to gramps. Of course Udagawa will be supportive when he finds out.
>>
>>2636592
Wow, its like all the drama was literally pointless. Glad to see Saburota finally give up on writing bad drama.
>>
>>2636766
Now I'm sure volume 11 will be the last one, maybe even 10 depending on how the last chapter will be. The last chapter of a series can be pretty ass long, especially here given how short chapter 37 was. All the loose ends are resolved, only grandpa is the last obstacle, but given how easily everything has been resolved, I can't see a big drama regarding him.
>>
>>2636798
If chapter 40 is the last, then it'd be advertised in YH when its raws drop tomorrow.

Even it it does end in another volume or so I'm hoping either for a sequel series or a spinoff with Harumin and Matsuri.
>>
>>2636742
/u/ is literally the only place where I’ve seen anyone think Harumi would be a rival or any sort of obstacle. I don’t think this was ever a very popular theory.
>>
>>2636811
Volume 3 introduced the idea that Harumin might have feelings for Yuzu. Not sure what chapter 39 says exactly, but Harumn's "suki" could imply that Matsuri was right, but that Harumin accepts Yuzu only sees her as a friend and will just try to move on without causing any drama.
>>
>>2636807
The last volume could be longer. So chapter 41 would be the last.
>>
>>2636823
I forget, did NTR have an extra chapter in the final volume, or was it just a very long chapter?
>>
>>2636829
Long final chapter and 6 chapters instead of 4 or 5.
>>
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5750920065

Full chapter. Mei is seen in one panel. At least, she didn't cut her hair. So it seems we'll see her next chapter now.
>>
>>2636859
Nene obviously got the wrong idea by watching Harumin and Yuzu together, but did Matsuri as well, or is it because Matsuri just wanted them to resolve things.
>>
>>2636859
Ganbatte Yuzu!!!!!!!
>>
>>2636863
Matsuri smiles so she knows that Yuzu is just setting things straight with Harumi. She's happy to see the friends together again and Yuzu ready for action, i don't think they hear what is said.
>>
File: MatsuriHaruminLol.png (219 KB, 562x471)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
Matsuri leaning on Harumin's shoulder here, I think teasing her about never having dated anyone.
>>
>>2636859
Mei looking out her bedroom window at her grandfather's house likely means she's thinking about something. Otherwise, no reason for her to be doing that.
>>
>>2636867
Our shonen protagonist is back!
>>
>>2636591
I always felt like Harumin knew from the very early stages. She had seen the Yuri mangas Yuzu was reading, and she never seemed surprised when Yuzu was unknowingly giving away the fact that she liked Mei.

Also, is it implied that Yuzu's mom also knows?
>>
>>2636879
>Also, is it implied that Yuzu's mom also knows?
I think so, but whether she figured out before the timeskip or during it is unclear. You'd think if she knew beforehand that she wouldn't let them share a bed anymore.
>>
>>2636875
She's on the phone. She called Sho or was called by him.
>>
>>2636893
Does that mean that Shou just set up the meeting between Yuzu and Mei?
>>
>>2636893
>>2636896
If Mei called Shou, doesn't that mean she's having second thoughts about her decision? Mei might be at her breaking point of going back to Yuzu without even Yuzu having even done anything yet.
>>
>>2636896
I don't know, we see Sho's phone and after that Mei standing in front of the window, her right hand at her ear. So does he mention having called her ? Guess we'll have to wait for the official raws to have a better quality.
>>
Would be funny if it was Mei calling Shou after Shou just got off the webchat with Yuzu. Then Shou could tell Mei what Yuzu just told him during their phone call.
>>
>>2636899
>there's people who still believe Mei will do something
>>
>>2636859
cut her hair? who said that?
>>
>>2636905
It was a theory cause of the break up and overcoming a heartbreak.
>>
>>2636905
It's a callback to an earlier chapter, when Yuzu wanted to cut her hair, because of a Japanese tradition to do so when trying to get over someone.
>>
File: 3.jpg (328 KB, 869x1264)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>2636867
>>2636879
>Our shonen protagonist is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVK2Id2uAc
>>
>>2636909
- Mei didn't cut her hair.
- Mei kept the ring.
- I think Mei took her and Yuzu's children bears with her.

She obviously isn't over anything, especially with the possibility that she's probably calling her dad for advice in chapter 39.
>>
>>2636913
>3
I think she just called him to tell him abut the marriage and stuff,you know like a good daughter of the Aihara house
>>
>>2636915
She's been engaged for months 8 months, so she's most likely contacted him about it before now. And timing it perfectly with him just getting off the phone with Yuzu is too much of a coincidence.
>>
Even Mei's grandfather's house will remind Mei of Yuzu because of what happened in volume 1. Mei tried to force herself on Yuzu in her room and that's when Yuzu told Mei she was there for her.
>>
>>2632574
You catch up on the manga yet?
>>
Have the raws for chapter 39 made people more or less hyped than before?
>>
>>2637019
I still depressed...coz things are not fixed yet.
>>
I hope this arc ends with volume 10, since I don't want this arc to go on for any longer. Yuzu convincing Mei to come back to her is only a formality at this point, so it would be boring for it to be an entire volume.
>>
>>2636757
I think because they are so perfect together, SU decided that they will just be friends.
>>
Given the tone chapter 39 set I'm expecting chapter 40 to be very upbeat, as a contrast to how volume 9 ended in despair.
>>
I would not be surprised if volume 10 is the last one. Mei finally appeared, this chapter resolved everything easily, Yuzu even mentioned marrying Mei to her parents. It's obvious it will have a wedding ending, just like Pulse.
>>
>>2637050
The only obstacles left (provided they didn't solve themselves during the timeskip off panel) are Mei and her grandfather. Mei's letter already admitted Mei would waver if she saw Yuzu again, plus now Yuzu is armed with Sara's insight. And gramps respects Yuzu for saving his life and I think he suspects Mei isn't really happy with the current engagement.
>>
>>2637054
Honestly grandpa can just fuck off and die
>>
>>2636859
We were so close to the best possible ending for this disaster of a series.
>>
>>2637080
Did Yuzu think Harumin confessed and Harumin followed up by saying something about as a friend? Yuzu's reaction is too extreme if she didn't think it was a confession at first.
>>
>>2637080
Saburouta self-insert smug face about debunking HaruYuzu for good.
>>
>>2637083
Well, she said "as a best friend" after but I doubt Yuzu mistook her for a confession
>>
>>2637093
There's no reason for Yuzu to be that flustered if she didn't think it was a confession at first. And there was no need for Harumin to add "as a best friend" later if Yuzu had understood her intent. Suki can be said standalone, but Harumin wanted to clarify it after the fact.
>>
>>2636875
The princess is waiting to be saved.
>>
>>2637112
Someone draw Yuzu as Mario and Mei as Princess Peach, please.
>>
feels like the end for me too.....we have been waiting for them to come out or be found out by the parents and Yuzu just spits it all out and they are ok with it.....and then she told Harumin too,her best friend who has been in the dark since forever.
>>
>>2637148
It feels like the end or close to it, since they're resolving any lingering issues for Yuzu and Mei along with showing the entire cast, some of which haven't really been seen since volumes 1-4.
>>
>>2637148
It's really about tying any loose plot threads that readers might think could sabotage Yuzu's efforts hereon. There's still time for a few post crisis chapters.
>>
>>2637173
That's not usually how drama series play out. Drama resolved, then maybe 2 chapters, the end. They want it to end when the effect of the drama is still in effect.
>>
Saburouta really likes making a caricature out of Haruyuzu fans, doesn't she? Not only did Nene look sillier than usual, you get that bait of a "confession" from Harumi.
That being said, I don't see her developing HaruMatsu any further either, considering everything from here on will be fully about Yuzu and Mei.
>>
>>2637200
>I don't see her developing HaruMatsu any further either
Hopefully a spinoff, but we might get a bit of them if we get another volume bonus chapter. Just this chapter had Matsuri bring up Harumin's lack of dating.

>Saburouta really likes making a caricature out of Haruyuzu fans
She only started doing this when the Haruyuzu shippers started to vocally ship them while also saying how they didn't like Mei. To an author, that had to be annoying.
>>
>>2637208
To be fair to them, Harumi is extremely likeable, even if she's completely useless when she's needed.
Mei, on the other hand, is the main source of drama in the story, and far more than once has she hurt Yuzu who's main aim is to make her happy.
Yuzu's dynamics with Harumi are fun to watch and they've got a good, drama-free relationship, so it's not odd some people would ship them together. Furthermore, you don't need to ship those two to dislike Mei. In fact, if Saburouta didn't want Mei to become dislike, she shouldn't have dropped nearly the entire drama of the story on her shoulders, especially when things like volume 4 made her hard to like at times.
>>
>>2637208
>the love interest is so shit that people start shipping mc with the best friend instead
can you blame them? also if this is true, it makes Saburouta look pretty inmature. You're supposed to handle criticism if you present a public work.
>>
>>2637227
It's pretty obvious that Nene's entire existence and antics are meant as a teasing jab to Haruyuzu shippers. Plus the fake out confession from Harumin this chapter, including smug smirk Harumin did while doing it.

I wonder if volume 3 bonus chapter was written when Saburouta was playing with the idea of having Harumin as a rival eventually, but decided against it, especially considering how vocal the Haruyuzu became later on.
>>
Whatever Saburouta's next series is I hope she learns to plan out plot and character developments better for improved consistency.

I also hope she learns not to introduce so many characters, unless they can all have at least so much development. Citrus has so many side characters, but even Harumin and Himeko who were there from the start feel underdeveloped. And then you have Shiraho who was introduced way late into the series. And then there's the twins that only showed up during plot convenient moments to help make Yuzu/Mei happen and help get them back together.
>>
>>2637235
I feel like Citrus was planned to be a lot shorter series, but kinda devolved into the villain-of-the-week format instead of trying to take it out of the shoujo-hole.
>>
>>2637235
This problem isn't inherent to Saburouta and it's an issue many mangaka have. At some point, side characters stop being relevant and are just there, and new one are added to drag the plot.

It's not good story-telling, but the average manga doesn't boast being proper literature or anything. They're entertainment for the masses written by amateurs.
>>
>>2637250
It was villain of the week from about the beginning. Since you had: Himeko, Matsuri, and Sara as rivals in quick succession. Then volume 5 had Mitsuko stir up trouble. Then volume 7 made you think Shiraho would be trouble. Then once this is was all settled they moved into huge arranged engagement drama.
>>
>>2637260
I don't think this is a very good excuse in Citrus' case. It could have had way better execution if Saburouta had done better planning. And it's only 38 chapters long currently. It's not even a very long series, yet feels bloated with wasteful arcs and characters.
>>
>>2637271
The issue is we don't know what Saburouta was planning. As someone already pointed out, she probably didn't expect it to last further than 2-3 volumes, but somehow the manga became really popular and she just kept on dragging it.
>>
>>2637260
The problem is not the side characters being relevant or not, but rather the way they are developed. Most of them have been there to cause drama and that's it, once their arc is over. Exception are Harumin, who is not a love rival, and Matsuri, who started as another villain but became a recurring character who supports Yuzu. I guess the twins count too, but they are still a deus machina.
Due to this, the plot is badly written, or rather, there's no real plot here. It's supposed to be about Yuzu and Mei, but it feels more like Yuzu being a prince who does everything and Mei being the damsel in distress.
>>
>>2637273
>Yuzu being a prince who does everything and Mei being the damsel in distress.

Well duh, is a shoujo with lesbians.
>>
>>2637273
>Exception are Harumin, who is not a love rival, and Matsuri, who started as another villain but became a recurring character who supports Yuzu. I guess the twins count too, but they are still a deus machina.
So, Himeko hasn't developed? She's changed a lot from her first introduction.
Shiraho and Nene are the only side characters I would call pointless.
>>
>>2637272
Yes, but she could have still done more interesting things with it. Volume 3 set up Harumin's issues with romance, but that was forgotten apparently. Saburouta could'vet taken the series in may different directions once Yuzu and Mei got together. She didn't and that was her choice. She had the time to come up with a new course. I mean she added Nene just to tease a section of her fanbase after all.
>>
>>2637273
Forgot to mention the lack of character development. Mei's only character development so far has been falling for Yuzu, but despite loving her, that love hasn't changed her personality or attitude, she's still the same girl she was when Citrus started.
I think Yuzu's character development is even worse, she hasn't changed at all, she's still a doormat, a sweetheart sure, and that's great, but since the beginning she's been presented as the girl who is determined and follows her own path, and that's it. If anything, her love for Mei has probably made her more insecure.
>>
>>2637275
Himeko has barely been given any panel time since volume 2. She was still super clingy with Mei even after that, like in volume 4 and at the festival. She even wanted Yuzu to dump Mei in volume 9.
>>
>>2637275
Yeah, I forgot to talk about that. It's a shame that even the side characters have had more character development than the main characters. Examples are Matsuri and Himeko.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (55 KB, 381x665)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
this will get deleted in a heartbeat but I'm posting it anyways
>>
>>2637208
>write two characters perfect for each other
>but one of them is preoccupied with a cold bitch
who could have seen that coming
>>
>>2637285
Any good place to read Latin American opinions on Citrus? Going by Twitter comments, I thought they liked this manga.
>>
>>2637298
Latina here. Huh, facebook I guess? At least I always see comments there, compared to other yuri manga. Or TMO
>Going by Twitter comments, I thought they liked this manga.
It's exactly the same as here. Citrus is basically the Naruto of yuri in the West. In Latin America, it is pretty popular, the most popular yuri manga (the rest are manwha or yagakimi) but like I said, they are the same as /u/, some people hate it, other still read it but are sick of Mei and the plot, and the rest are harcore fans. I'm sure there are plenty of Latinas on /u/ anyways
>>
>>2637307
hardcore* shit
>>
>>2631860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsuCEVQQ1w
>>
>>2637333
Even the parody video for the anime thinks Himeko, Matsuri, and Sara were repetitive threats.
>>
Well, some negativity out there. Yes, we know that the author has difficulties to construct a good plot and give a proper progression to her characters, or at least consistent progression. And it won't be better before the end, it will stay like that.

But, let's stress the fact that she delivers greatly when she has these emotional speeches in these intimate moments. Like in volume 6, when the author approaches these societal matters about rejection and homophobia, her writing shines.

Here, let's enjoy the mother-daughter scene when Yuzu tries to come out, tremble, stutter and Ume just soothe her and has this killing sentence that many of gay people coming out in front of their parents would like so much to hear "I will never regret having you".

During these scenes, Citrus truly shines. And all the little gestures in these scenes are so subtle and spot on, Yuzu's hand shivering and Ume covering it with her own, or this eyes full of love and understanding to help her daughter to voice out her feelings. I don't know for others here, but this moment really resonated in me and is so realistic and at the same time moving. Few yuri mangas or animes touched this area, the coming out to the family. I am happy that the author did it so smoothly without any crazy drama.
>>
>>2637444
the scene is nothing but a very simplistic way of approaching this matter. it seems rushed, in fact everything seems rushed in this manga lately.
in reality everything is overwhelming because everything is experienced directly by the individual.
but we're talking about a plot, about an activity based on imagination and coming with something truly unexpected. saburouta fails at doing that. she is predictable and boring.
>>
>>2637532
>>2637532
In the end, all depends on the effect the story has on you. I read many mangas and stories with a great plot, unpredictable, something clearly masterfully carved. But some of them didn't let an imprint in my mind. They were objectively great but meh after reading them.

Sure, Citrus hasn't a carved plot, but as you said, I find the way everything is lived through the individual lens just give some emotional impact. But, I talk about my own reception. I am invested. And I find this chapter very necessary even though it is not original. Rushed, well, we could have had an entire chapter about Yuzu talking with Ume, but seriously, the scene is enough and there is some ellipse about a part of the conversation.

If people here want a surprise with Saburouta, they will be disappointed, she never really made a mystery about the pleasure she had to use shoujo and soap opera cliche and sometimes, not always, distort them. And she cannot expand a plot without sometimes just quickly solve it.

I believe that she could shine in a spin-off or a sequel with shorter and dynamic chapters, and also with more a slice of life touch, when she uses pure drama, she fails to live up to the expectations. When she's on the comedic side, and the realistic slice of life atmosphere, she's better.
>>
>>2637208
I'll always ship HaruYuzu. They're the only likable combination out of all of the characters. I know it ain't happening, but it's not like Saburuta is good at developing characters and plots anyway.
>>
Harumin's a wasted character.

Convince me otherwise.
>>
>>2637574
Not if there is a spin off ... there were hints thrown about Harumi here and there ... but it's Yuzu's story.
>>
So is Sabouruta married to a man?
>>
>>2637591
No, she isn't married.
>>
>>2637574
>>2637582
Matsuri brought up Harumin not dating anyone in chapter 39, so at least Saburouta hasn't dropped that plot thread or forgotten about it.

>>2637532
Many series tend to feel a bit rushed near the end, since at that point the author is just trying to move to the resolution. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if volume 10 is just a long final volume like NTR got, given how fast everything is being resolved now.
>>
>>2637650
Two or three chapters, 40 to prepare the confrontation, resolution 41 and maybe intimate moments, and 42 closure for a bright future.
>>
>>2637654
Then volume 10 bonus chapter, if it has one or maybe final drama CD, could be epilogue stories.
>>
>>2637054
>grandfather

Maybe we are lucky and he has a heartattack. or a truck gets him.
>>
>We finally got the official raws in good quality :) The team is starting to work on Citrus chapter 39 now!
>Please be patient

Didn't this chapter has alot of dialogue? It might take a bit longer than usual.
>>
>>2637731
Something tell me they probably already a first translation with the leak, they'll probably use the HQ version to spot mistake in Japanese and clean and edit the file.
>>
>>2637650
I'd rather see Harumin with a guy than with Matsuri.
>>
File: 1529264134448.jpg (354 KB, 540x776)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
You know, I already translated the chapter. If you want I will upload it here until the CT's version is ready. Any suggestions about the translation is welcomed, since my English is not that good.
>>
>>2637900
Please do, if CT is going to take a while
>>
>>2637900
I would say don't worry, I doubt Chaosteam will take that long. Anyway Spanish translation is out for spics and anyone who understand that language
>>
>>2637900
You can upload it if you want. I'm very curious how some of the conversations went.
>>
File: 1529265932226.jpg (306 KB, 540x775)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
I want to say that the quality is not as good as CT since I just translate it to be able to read myself, but I want to share it, so here you have.
>>
>>2637916
Are you going to upload the whole chapter here? Can't you put it in Imgur or zip?
>>
File: 1529267292837.jpg (317 KB, 540x775)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>2637921
I don't know how to put it in there, so yes.
>>
>>2637925
I think you just need to create an account
>>
File: 1529268034176.jpg (304 KB, 540x775)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>2637931
I don't have to change the format of the images?
>>
File: 1529268321620.jpg (251 KB, 540x775)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>
>>2637936
No?
>>
File: 1529269311524.jpg (308 KB, 540x775)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>
File: 1529270235053.jpg (295 KB, 540x775)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Sorry, I tried to put it in imgur, but I couldn't.
>>
CT member here the chapter we will be uploaded in the next hour up on dynasty as well
>>
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch39
>>
>>2637978
Thanks!
>>
File: 1520709555724.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>2637978
Ahhh Harumin, you're too good for this world ;_;
>>
Definitely feels like a finale. Guess we will get the usual shit when the final is the girls finally getting together and we will never get a few chapters of pure, cute dating and relationship.
>>
>>2637985
Unless YH's preview says "climax", next chapter won't be the last one. It can be like NTR and have 5/6 chapters rather than the usual 4, or volume 11 will be the last one. No chance of 12 volumes given the tone of chapter 39.
>>
Yuzu is perfect.
>>
>>2637985
Dunno, I can see the story covering anything that happens between now and up to Yuzu and Mei finally getting married.
>>
I'm worried onee-samas. Things have finally started to go well, and they seem to be going too well. I think I can smell a twist in the making.

Is this when Truck-kun makes his debut in Citrus?
>>
>>2637990
That's just wishful thinking, people were saying that there was a lot to resolve, like coming out to the parents or seeing the rest of their second year. Nobody expected a timeskip and it can happen again. Yuzu has mentioned marrying Mei twice, I'm sure it will happen soon.
>>
>>2637991
>I think I can smell a twist in the making.
Nah, it means the series is ending soon. Sabu always does huge drama that gets resolved fairly easily in the last chapter of a volume.
>>
I've read worse drama than this (bokura ga ita) where the couple broke up for many chapters and then got back together for many chapters more. the anime sucked as well (bokura ga ita). I font know if this relevant,I am just saying maybe this is not the end.(maybe)
>>
Welp this chapter confirmed once again that Yuzu is too good for Mei.
>>
>>2636859
Heh, Saburouta was havin' a cheeky giggle at her reader's expense towards the end.
>>
>>2638003
She is, but at the same time, no one is good enough for Yuzu - except maybe a Sara and Nina combo,
>>
>>2637978
Is no one going to comment on Matsuri saying she's plotting revenge on Mei and is about to start gathering information?!
>>
>>2638018
I’m looking forward to it.
>>
>>2638023
This is against what people expected. Matsuri waited until Yuzu wanted to go back to Mei to act. Matsuri's anger is more important to her than Yuzu's wishes.

Plus, Yuzu enlisted Harumin's help. So Harumin will obviously have to deal with Matsuri while Yuzu has to convince Mei to come back to her, since Shou revealed Mei is being stubborn.
>>
Matsuri was secret final boss all along! That's what all of her game references this entire time were meant to hint at!
>>
>>2638028
I don't think she´s planning on doing something bad. Yuzu is far more important to Matsuri than giving in to whatever anger she may hold toward Mei.
If anything, maybe she's planning on putting Mei in a similar circumstance like the one Yuzu went through in volume 3, when Mei agreed to the compensated dating - which Mei agreed to not because she was blackmailed, but solely to see Yuzu's reaction - in order to teach her a lesson.
>>
>>2638035
Then why did Matsuri say she was going to gather info? I think people are misinterpreting Matsuri's character to say she won't go after Mei.

What can Matsuri say to Mei just to trick her? That Harumin confessed? Mei can easily verify lies via Himeko.
>>
>>2638028
>>2638038
>Matsuri's anger is more important to her than Yuzu's wishes.
sounds like you're overreacting to be honest. "gathering info" might just be trying to find out who Mei's fiance is or what the circumstances of the marriage are.
there's no way they're going to paint Matsuri as the villain again just to complicate the resolution of this whole wedding ordeal. if anything i would bet that she ends up helping yuzu out to get Mei back.
>>
>>2638038
>Then why did Matsuri say she was going to gather info?
Because that's what she always does? Whilst Matsuri is as prone as Yuzu to get into trouble, unlike Yuzu who just jumps into the fray without thinking, Matsuri always prefers to assess the situation and plan ahead.

Notice how, right now, Yuzu seems to plan to just go to Mei asap thinking that she came out of the closet, then there's nothing that can stop her, while heavily underestimating Mei's stubbornness. Matsuri is probably going to gather information to understand the whole situation better and she how she can: 1) Create an opportunity for Yuzu and 2) Get one on Mei.

Matsuri is a girl with a really good heart, so I'm sure she won't do anything bad. In fact. something tells me that whatever she does will finally earn her Harumin's heart - or, at least, make her notice her in a different light.
>>
>>2638044
She'll probably be the one to not only help Yuzu get closer to Mei, but put Mei in the spot to finally do something to get Yuzu and have a bit of "character development."
>>
They handled the drama of parents knowing the secret very well, it was solved so quickly! So the end must be closer, I just want to see them together soon...
>>
Mei is forcing herself. I’m not even surprised, the letter is like a scream for help.
>>
So does the YH preview mention climax or not?
>>
>>2638075
Nope. Nothing except the fact there is a chapter scheduled next month.
>>
>>2638106
So 5 chapters or one more volume then. Given what Matsuri said, maybe next chapter could have a conversation between her and Mei
>>
I'd like to point out the drama CD for volume 9 had Harumin warn Matsuri not to manipulate people or she'd get hurt. She gave Matsuri the same warning in the volume 4 drama CD. Whatever Matsuri's planning could backfire even if her heart is in the right place.

Harumin and Matsuri being added to the current drama could result in development for them both.
>>
>>2638135
Hum, spanish translation of this part from the Japanese is totally different, «i wonder how i can help her to be reunited with Mei, i have to gather some info»
>>
>>2638158
I just read both the English and Spanish translations and compared them to the raw in Baidu. The Spanish translation is off. You're better off reading the English one.
>>
This revenge and gathering info could simply be Matsuri learning Udagawa is Mei’s fiance and she would just shot Mei’s plan and expose her lies since Udagawa never knew the reasons why Mei asked him to not say a word to Yuzu.

Matsuri mentions Yuzu is rising her winning flag using a video game metaphor, as if Yuzu is i. High spirit but doesn’t have a precise plan to bring Mei back. On the other hand, Matsuri is the planner mastermind, so she could be used like Saburouta always stated, as a device to advance things. Cause Yuzu, as determined as she is, hasn’t won the game yet.
>>
I lol'd at the latest chapter. I wonder if Yuzu's mom was like "oh shit maybe I shouldn't have forced them in the same bed"
>>
>>2638199
She's more like, "the bed should have been bigger."
>>
>>2638197
Yes, but Udagawa backing out of the wedding only slows things down. She can just find another fiance. Of course him closing down the cafe implies the plans have progressed quite far.
>>
>>2638218
>Udagawa backing out of the wedding
I don't think things are that easy. For one, these are things that have been talked out by their families. So, him backing out for no good reason could be seen as a disservice from his family toward the Aihara family.
With the teacher it was easier because he wasn't from a renowned family, and he was charged with abusing Mei. However, the Manager has done nothing wrong and calling out the engagement can create some bad blood, and unnecessary problems for him, and maybe even his family.
If the engagement is cancelled it has to be done by Mei, because then the effect of doing that befalls on her and the Aihara family.
>>
>>2638226
If Matsuri has to blackmail Mei the only things she can possibly use against her are maybe some sort of proof Mei went on a compensated date, or proof Mei is a lesbian, since maybe Matsuri has a backup pic of Mei forcing a kiss on her in volume 3.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.