[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Dgpj0M3UEAACh7J.jpg (324 KB, 850x1200)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>2639500

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/9y6u6q2e
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Honkai Impact 3: >>2642377
Sono Hanabira: >>2640209
Life is Strange: >>2576896
Valkyrie Drive: >>2494796
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2559052
Akai Ito + Aoishiro: >>2543585
>>
Recent news:
Steam Summer sale is on for the next week.
Denpasoft also running a sale, but 7 Days With The Ghost is only 15% off
Studio Élan is starting a patreon for their yuri games
Gravity Rush 2 servers will shut down on July 18th
Someone posted a yuri mod for Icewind Dale
>>
>>2645278
>Gravity Rush 2 servers will shut down on July 18th
Thanks for the reminder!
>>
>>2645278
You didn't mention all the gay anons.
>>
File: qMoHjf.png (2.61 MB, 1920x1080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
Free demo/teaser/prequel thing for one of the upcoming Studio Elan games now out:
https://vnstudioelan.itch.io/the-waters-above-prelude

Art's cute but the text in the sample images seems pretty inane
>>
>https://pcgamesn.com/life-is-strange-2/life-is-strange-2-characters

No yuri in LiS2. Shitsux
>>
>>2645524
I wasn't expecting to see yuri goldmine like Max and Chloe again anyway, but 2 little boys as protags? Shit sux
>>
>>2645529
I'm getting flashbacks to that boring walking dead game already.
>>
>>2645509
As long as the yuri is good and the story isn't terrible then I'll probably pick it up eventually. Besides the nice art I'm not seeing anything that makes me want it immediately though.
>>
File: 1512321949254.gif (253 KB, 480x270)
253 KB
253 KB GIF
>>2645529
>yuri goldmine
>Max and Chloe
Haven't heard a joke this good in a while.
>>
File: 1430079668236.png (132 KB, 800x360)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>2645554
It got tons of fan content with Max getting shipped with various girls, barely any straight fanworks and a lesbian ending that doesn't end with either of them dying. The yuri that came from it was plentiful and you know it, regardless of whether you like Max or Chloe.
>>
REEEEEEEEE JAST GIVE US FLOWERS 2 ALREADY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>2645560
https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/1010698634189574146
>>
>>2645558
I wouldn't call shit content a goldmine though. Shitmine would be more accurate.
>>
>>2645560
>JAST
>>
>>2645574
That didn't answer his demands at all though
>>
>she fell to the JAST meme
You should've learned by now not to support that shitty company.
>>
So is the new Fate game as gay as the previous ones?
>>
>>2645278
>Icewind Dale
Jesus that takes me back, that and Baldurs gate series were the first pc rpgs I played.
>>
>>2645581
Exactly.
>>
>>2645524
興味ないね
>>
>>2645524
Dropped.
>>
I don't even get why a sequel with two dudes needs to exist. They're also charging $40 for the fucking thing, so it's not even reasonably priced
>>
>>2645645
I don't get why a sequel or the original needs to exist at all because the first one was painfully awful.
>>
Picked up Highway Blossoms on Summer Sale after Steam recommended it to me whilst I was looking for any KS full chorus news.

It was pretty good, I'm warming up to Western VN. Is it as good as they get?
>>
>>2645726
Like JVN they vary and most are terrible, but it's a lot easier to encounter the terrible ones since awful amateur JVNs never get here.

It's not the absolute best yuri EVN but it's not bad.
>>
>>2645751
>It's not the absolute best yuri EVN but it's not bad.

Just quietly, what is?
>>
>>2645756
A Little Lily Princess, as long as you don't mind that it's not H.
To my surprise it looks like the actual top-rated (if you disregard the popularity weighting) yuri EVN on VNDB is a little free game called Her Tears Were My Light.
>>
>>2645726
>>2645756
For my money, Blackberry Honey is the best western yuri VN. Decent art, excellent music and good writing with a classic victorian setting. My only problem with it: it's kinetic, one pairing only, there is some heavy relationship progress with one other girl but her character never gets any kind of resolution. I forgive ebihime though. The game is good as it is.

The problem common in western VN is western writers trying to ape Japanese settings and characters and end up creating insufferable weeabo trash. So look for anything that avoids the High School romance shitpit. Another VN I like although it's not explicit yuri is The Last Birding. I got it because Hella Yuri wrote about it and was very impressed with the art, the interface, the music and the writing. It's short but well paced. I didn't feel it needed to be longer. Fair warning if you choose to play it: it's a tragic story with bittersweet endings at best and some dark content. Shame the author chose to not make the romance more explicit because it's there but SUBTEXT ONLY kek. "intense friendship between two female characters" is what Hella Yuri wrote, girlship, if you will.
>>
>>2645781
>Her Tears Were My Light
I played it, and everything else from its author. There is hardly anything there. It's a cutesy little tone piece at best.
>>
>>2645783
>For my money, Blackberry Honey is the best western yuri VN

I liked how it looked in the catalogue, so I'll buy it. I feel kind of spoiled now though, coming from fully voiced and cheevo having highway blossoms, and I am *still* chuckling at how the second sex scene went.
>>
>>2645801
It's not full voiced but in every other way it outclasses HB. Here's the link to the h-patch drop it in the game folder
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oc3zrtc48v7qiul/adult.rpa
>>
>>2645785
Yeah, I like her work, it's enjoyable, I'm just surprised that has SUCH high ratings on VNDB. Perhaps only people who love her work sought it out.
>>2645801
Oh, I forgot Highway Blossoms got a voice update. That does boost it in the rankings in terms of being the most polished.
>>
>>2645807
Thanks! I want to batch buy to cut down the international transaction fee sting, I already have love ribbon, is any of starlight Vega, asphyxia, A.I.dol, Seabed or demon reject: Toko worth reading? Nurse love addiction seems like it steers too far from the nurse love and into the crazy.
>>
>>2645839
I liked SV and I have yet to read Seabed but I remember it getting a good reception.
>>
>>2645839
>Nurse love addiction seems like it steers too far from the nurse love and into the crazy.
It really doesn't. Please read it.
>>
>>2645839
I found Starlight Vega to be kind of boring. The plot is pure nonsense I found myself skipping through most of it to get to the romantic parts. I never finished asphyxia. I wasn't thrilled with the characters and from what I read it doesn't go anywhere good. But it may be worth giving it a chance. Demon Reject: Toko I don't know about. I avoided it because of "ch 0 - prelude". 3 years later still no chapter 1 but it looks like the devs are updating the news page and intend to finish it sometime. A.I.dol looks like pure trash and from what I read there is not much yuri in it anyway, consider Strawberry Vinegar instead. It's pretty cute. Nurse Love Addiction is great. It never strays away from Nurse Love, it's just the love part that gets a bit intense.
>>
>>2645839
Starlight Vega is cute. Not deep, don't think about it too hard, but fun while it lasted.
AIdol is not yuri.
Asphyxia has a lesbian protagonist but isn't really a yuri game. It's fine if you like ebihime's writing and aren't expecting a romance.
Seabed is rumored to be great, deep, and depressing.
I did not like reject demon toko, it's super short and a part 1 that may or may not ever be continued and a lot of it doesn't make much sense. If it's very cheap and you dig the art, ymmv.
>>
>>2645839
Nurse Love Addiction gets crazy but it doesn't steer that far from the nurse love, also it's great and you should play it anyway.
>>
>>2645839
What do you mean by "nurse love"? The characters are nurses and the romantic relationships are the most developed among all the game you listed, sans Seabed. They also have substantial hospital scenes and dealing with patients. Unless you mean "medical drama," then this is not it. The characters could easily have another occupation and it wouldn't change the plot much. The nurse theme is therefore just flavour and not the main meat of the mystery.

As for crazy, it's mainly just startling endings and not "acid trip the entire journey" variety. Meaning 95% of it is a normal romantic drama/SoL, with some bizzare but satisfying conclusions. In fact, its true end is the happiest end I've seen any yuri girl managed to achieve.
>>
>>2645893
>its true end is the happiest end I've seen any yuri girl managed to achieve.
I don't believe there is an official true end, but I assume you mean Sakuya's good ending? That's what I think of as the true end.
>>
>>2645914
There is no true end other than that all the good endings are good and you need to get all of them to get the whole story. My favorite end is Nao's because of the vomit play
>>
>>2645926
You are a disturbed individual but Nao is still best girl
>>
>>2645954
Normally I'd agree it's gross but that scene was so touching. I believe the line went something like "I'd never think Nao's puke was gross" - so beautiful. Yuuna would be proud.
>>
While we're on the subject of recommendations, what about Ladykiller in a Bind, Flowers Le Volume Sur Printemps, or Black Closet?
>>
File: le meme face.png (33 KB, 366x354)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>2645963
>Ladykiller in a Bind
>>
>>2645963
>Ladykiller in a Bind
Hated by myself since the dev decided to put a het rape scene where the lesbian protagonist screams in pleasure from cock. Or if you don't want to see that you can suck the cock of a crossdresser and remark how cute he is while he cums. I'm butthurt about it since it was marketed as 100% lesbian content for months before release.

Though from what I know the dev removed the het rape scene, so it should be safe if you if you really can't resist
>>
>>2645963
You cannot mention Ladykiller here. It was a whole controversy behind it (and with reasons)

Flowers is fine if you can read a, for now, unfinished mistery VN with a lot of translation errors and typos because JAST is shit and tried to fix a unreadable mess in two or three months (the poor translator that had to fix it did what she could). Don't expect the rest of the series to get a translation in a reasonable timeframe.

Black Closet is cool, nothing espectacular, but it has its moments and its a lot more solid that what i expected initially.
>>
>>2645963
Ladykiller has two fully-/u/ routes but if you don't devote yourself to one girl or the other you end up becoming a cockwhore.

Flowers has a lovely atmosphere. You can't really play it as a 'mystery' game, though, because the mysteries make no sense in English and are sometimes factually wrong, also it's Chapter 1 of a story so it ends without resolution. Play it with a walkthrough, don't try to play it by itself.

Black Closet is not a VN, you will have to get the hang of the mystery gameplay in order to get with the girls. There are a huge number of dialog options, if you like interactive conversations.
>>
>>2645971
>mistery VN with a lot of... typos
>mistery

Hmmm
>>
>>2645977
I'm not a native speaker and sometimes make typos because I confuse the spelling of some words. Sue me, anon.
>>
>>2645969
>>2645967
>>2645971
>>2645976
So that's a definitive no on Ladykiller, then. If there's not going to be a timely followup for Flowers, I think I'll skip that, as well. I'll probably get the Black Closet and Lily Princess bundle, though.

Thanks for the tips, onee-samas.
>>
>>2645914
Yes. Regardless of personal favourites, it's clear who was the main LI and what was the intended true end.
>>
>>2645963
Get Flowers. Right now.
>>
Sengoku asuka zero is out in English globally, this time with 100% more yuri due to localization teams work.
>>
>>2646017
Protagonist is implied to be female and its a female only world
>>
>>2646011
Source?
>>
File: 1529770142644.png (524 KB, 1377x1080)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>2646017
Wew, more mobile yuri?

I guess it's time for me to convert and start playing these, but I'm a bit scared of the whole rerolling thing.
>>
>>2646017
oh, that is a bold move, I'll support them as hard as possible.
>>
>>2646017
>not avaiable in my country
fug
>>
>>2645663
>I don't get why a sequel or the original needs to exist at all
Because the first game made them a lot of money. It's not that hard to understand.

>>2645984
See you in court.
>>
File: 1492735658823.gif (27 KB, 326x270)
27 KB
27 KB GIF
>>2646017
Anyone playing? Is the game any good?
>>
>>2646034
>It's not that hard to understand.
Yeah but if they fuck up they're going to kill the franchise
>>
>>2646045
It has nowhere to go from here anyway. They've fucked it up already by making a prequel and a sequel that's connected to the original instead of making games about unrelated protagonists with various personal problems and superpowers.
>>
File: 20180626005050_1.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Fatal Bullet is fun. I'd go for 100% completion and/or play it online but the game seems to make my network adapter go haywire shortly after I begin playing. Just lost out on an ending achievement from that.
>>
>>2646017
Not available in my country, so I'm waiting for an apk to check it out.

>>2646060
Except for that 60fps bug, I've enjoyed the game, Kureha a cute.
>>
>>2645801
I found Blackberry Honey's story to be extremely two-faced and frustrating. I didn't completely regret buying it but the story is so tone deaf that it hurt. I wouldn't really recommend it without that caveat. Strawberry Vinegar was the more enjoyable ebi-hime game for me.

>>2645839
Starlight Vega's Melody route alone would be worth the price to me, the rest of the routes were a fun bonus.

Also you really should get Nurse Love Addition for its quality alone. It is one of my favorites VNs on steam among Kindred Spirits, Fatal Twelve, Lonely Yuri, and Flowers.
>>
>>2646094
>so tone deaf
Can you explain without spoilers?
>>
>>2646094
>Lonely Yuri
not sure what this is doing in your favorites list unless it's just nostalgia for the the first time that the gates of yuri translation opened up to us
>>
>>2646098
It's hard to say without spoilers but essentially the writing takes certain scenes seriously, without lending that weight to lighter scenes. The story doesn't use the combination to its benefit.

spoiler version: One character is a downright bitch, another is too but softens slightly throughout the story. There is no real comeuppance to the downright bitch, and no resolution to the softer one. It works in real life that things are left unresolved, but in terms of the story it was very unsatisfying and makes having to slog through their story (which makes up nearly all of the game) for no payoff a chore.

>>2646106
You're probably right. I just looked through my steam library and felt the urge to not leave it out because I have a soft spot for it.
>>
>>2645781
>Her Tears Were My Light
Literally the only yuri EVN I liked (since the usual overly rapid western vidya storytelling just irks me to no end), it was indeed very cute and the story/mechanics were clever enough considering how short it was.

Madoka inspiration was blatant, but that didn't detriment the experience. I even paid actual money for it.
>>
>>2646130
>overly rapid western vidya storytelling
I like my stories a lot faster than many JVNs but I've been poking at Starlight Drifter and I keep wanting to scream SLOW DOWN at it. It's better than I expected for a Dharker game (which isn't saying much) but it feels like watching someone try to summarise a novel while talking at high speed and running from point to point.
>>
>>2645839
Get Seabed and Kindred Spirits for two great yuri games that are very different from each other.

Though worth saying, Seabed is slice of life for the most part, so only go there if you can enjoy walls of text about everyday life and foreign travels and don't mind the payoff to come late.

I need to find the time to read it again, now that it has a remastered edition, I probably missed a lot of early foreshadowing on the first go.
>>
>all this talk about JAST timeframe for Flowers

Imagine how long it will take them to translate Katahane, and that already has a perfectly serviceable translation.

I still need to replay it, got that (super heavy) limited An call Belle box lying around. And this time in moon.
>>
>>2646094
>>2646111
I did mention in my recommendation that Constanse doesn't get a resolution. Which overall I only consider a minor flaw since there is enough there to make her character sympathetic. As for the other bitch, she is only a minor character her purpose is in the story is to be a bitch. Her "comeuppance" (and the reason why she is a bitch) is that she has no future besides being a house servant for the rest of her life. It's all part of the setting. I still don't understand what you mean by the story being 'two-faced'. Can you explain what you mean by certain scenes not being taken seriously?
>>
>>2645278
>Someone posted a yuri mod for Icewind Dale

shiiiieeeet.
how is it? hell, how do even manage to shoehorn romance in that game?
>>
>>2646147
I believe it's a mod of a mod, first someone wrote a bunch of extra NPC stuff, then someone made a gayer version of that.I dled it but no time to play.

see >>2641442
>>
>>2646145
Honestly didn't enjoy the game enough to remember all the specific details from when I played it over half a year ago. At the time I didn't feel that the game was genuine in telling its story because it felt that loose ends were left hanging because writing conclusive scenarios would take more effort, not because it was intending to be a realistic part of the setting. Two-faced because one moment the MC is being berated, or having a good time among rich new friends, or having to do menial tasks, getting through to a stubborn brat, having a brat fall in love with you a little bit, having sex atop olympian thighs, the end. The game didn't make me feel it took the brat seriously, the friendly maids, the rich friends, or any of them really, because in the end it didn't really change that she was magicked away from it all after a few sex scenes, which if I remember correctly also had an equally unconnected flashbackstory thrown into it. It all felt like a moment in time in her life, and it makes me wonder why I spent time observing that part of her life instead of any other. It was a fine game, it had a lot of great elements that I wanted to see more of, but it was missing the impactful story that I felt was just out of arm's reach. Like I said I played it forever ago, but that's how I felt about it at the time, more or less.
>>
>>2646136
>now that it has a remastered edition
Shit, I don't know if I can handle re-reading it. What is it, re-translations?
>>
>>2646018
>Protagonist is implied to be female
>implied
As in none of the characters *explicitly* talk about how manly (You) are?
>>
>>2646136
>>2646232
Oh, I just realized you might've just meant the edition that came out with the English version, if you read it in Japanese back when it first came out.
>>
>>2646139
>(super heavy) limited An call Belle box
What kind of yuri merch does it hold?
I wish you didn't remind me because I had just forgotten that was getting officially translated. Now its back to waiting.
>>
>>2646208
There aren't as many loose ends as you think. The setting is the most important part of the story because objectively, this is a story about the daily lives of maids and so much of the text is about the difficulty of this life. Most of Lori's inner monologue is her reflecting on her work, her fellow maids, her masters. It is absolutely essential. You can't just ignore it and say the game is two-faced. Lori's relationship with the other maids is primarily defined by their common role in the household and any friendship or rivalry is always overshadowed by that reality. In the eyes of their employer they're equally disposable. Like schoolchildren, their everyday dramas are ultimately of little importance. The same applies to the friendly maids. It doesn't matter how close two maids are, if one gets fired it's highly likely they won't be able to see each other again. On the other hand, Lori can't truly get close to Constance because they are separated as master and servant. Constance resents the inequality but she is powerless of changing anything. Unlike the bitch maid, she doesn't enjoy being a cruel person but her sensitivity causes her to lash out and abuse her servants. Taohua is the odd woman out in the story because favoritism separates her from the other maids and yet she is still a maid, by choice, because of her commitment to a dead person. The backstory is not unconnected because it explains why Taohua is working as a maid in the first place, why she is unlike the other maids, and why she can't fully commit to Lori at first. It's a huge part of the game. Please don't say she's just a pair of thighs and two sex scenes. In the end, it is thanks to the generosity of an old woman that she has the means to escape the life of a maid and take Lori with her. Maids are not meant to rise above their station and, as unfair as it may be, they were totally right to take that opportunity even if it meant leaving people behind.
>>
i'm planning on buying Tales of berseria, is it good?
>>
>>2646324
There's no explicit yuri, only some subtext and goggleable stuff. But it's a really good JRPG and one of the best of the Tales series.
>>
>>2646324
It's good but it isn't yuri. anyone saying otherwise is nuts
>>
>>2646326
>one of the best of the Tales series
same as abyss or better my favorite is phantasia
>>
>>2646324
I got it because of shipping, was not disappointed, definitely goggleable material. Also a great game. I definitely recommend it.
>>
File: Tsui Yuri.png (303 KB, 475x352)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
Beta testing complete!
>>
>>2646436
>sisters yuri
>don't look like sisters

Why even bother?
>>
>>2646441
You know, not all sisters are twins.
>>
>>2646151
>try it
>spend a long ass time picking a class
>modded characters look boring as fuck
>remember the game is pretty dull
Next time
>>
>>2646436
I like the art a lot.
>>
>>2646442
"Don't look like sisters" =/= twins.
>>
>>2646238
Yeah, I meant the Steam edition as the remaster, I read it back when it was on DLsite. It still amazes me how it got a localization out of the blue, that was a small miracle.

>>2646276
It's mostly the two material books - for a total of almost 250 pages.
>>
File: Capture.png (1 KB, 242x25)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>2646449
Well if the devs say they're sisters, then they're sisters.
>>
>>2646452
No shit, Sherlock. That wasn't the point.
>>
>>2646459
It is, though. Just because they don't look alike, doesn't mean they're not sisters. Genetics can be very varied, even within the same nuclear family. See the paleskinned redhead with the african-skinned sister. But what it ultimately boils down to is, they are sisters because the company says they are.
>>
>>2646436
>cute art
>twincest
>yandere
>bdsm
JAST better not have fucked this translation up.

>>2646442
Actually they are twins, though. I'm guessing probably fraternal instead of identical.
>>
File: tsuiyuri.jpg (441 KB, 1050x525)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>2646485
>J*ST
Maybe I should have posted the bigger image.
>>
>>2646488
Oh, that's right, I completely forgot. Sorry, onee-sama, I've been sick all week and my memory has been crap.
>>
>>2646436
Is that Suzuya and Kumano?
>>
>>2646441
What goes into looking like sisters other than having the same hair color?
>>
>cyberpunk 2077 confirmed for being years away from release

shiiiiieeeeet
>>
>>2646981
Of course it is. They weren't willing to show the public anything other than a CGI trailer again because there's nothing of substance to show. The only reason they had a closed-door demo was so people wouldn't think it was vaporware.
>>
>>2646986
The footage from the e3 trailer was in-game footage though
>>
>>2646990
Alright, but none of it was gameplay. Instead of CGI, I should have said cinematic because that's exactly what it was. There was no hints as to what the gameplay would be like.
>>
File: 1491596122013.gif (539 KB, 500x282)
539 KB
539 KB GIF
Did anyone ever tried that Fire Emblem Same-Sex marriage mod? This one:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-expanded-same-sex-marriage-patch-wip.416109/

Any idea how to use this patch with Citra emulator?
>>
>>2646981
>the release date is in the title
>>
>>2646471
Not that anon, but you're a retard. His point was that the point of incest game is to see two physically similar individuals having sex. Whether you agree or disagree with his opinion, at least answer it by addressing that point, instead of bringing up irrelevant shit in that tone deaf manner.
>>
>>2647011
Anons have reported getting it to work with Citra. There's a guide much later in the thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-expanded-same-sex-marriage-patch-wip.416109/page-98#post-7830131
>>
>>2647042
Its actually gonna be released in 2020, because thats the name of the p&p rpg, CDProject likes that kind of stuff.
>>
>>2645839
How was love ribbon?
>>
>>2647259
If you like cohabitation incest yuri then you'll probably get enjoyment out of it. It is immature at times and some anons here complain about a certain scene so if you're the type that takes issue with irrational character decisions then you may have issues with the writing. It wasn't that bad, a moment of weakness where she acts selfish instead of being a good sister, obviously expecting her sister to ruin her future just to be in an illegal romance is actually the right choice for once.

I had a blast playing it. A pure yuri incest VN with good art and good chemistry hit all my buttons.
>>
New game by the Harvest Moon dude, Little Dragons Cafe. Raise your own dragon farm, and manage a restaurant. Marriage I think is confirmed, but it'll probably be for straight people :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBfxX4jWLs8
>>
>>2647259
I liked it, only ever see two characters with an invisible dad, who I felt was an authentic character given what life throws at him. I don't know if it would have been as good without the epilogue that was added.

>>2647292
I enjoyed that it teased a cop out half-sisters or not-by-blood with the blood test plot before throwing straight-up homosexual incest at you - brave!

Zoey was a bit of a bitch, especially at the one choice that matters but whatever. I was also surprised she went straight for her full-blood sister's butt hole on like, their second romp.
>>
Is any of Senran Kagura gay or just pervy?
>>
>>2647302
For sure it will likely be 100% straight, but that game looks cute anon
>>
>>2647259
I dislike it because the plot is extremely thin and inconsistent, but that's because I really want to delve more into the crunchy angst possibilities of actual rounded characters.

If you just accept that it's not meant to be a real story, just a sequence of scenes tickling this particular fetish, it's fine.
>>
>>2647302
>:(
don't
>>
>>2647311
A shame. I can't stand Stardew cause it's artstyle is fugly.
>>
>>2647308
Katsuragi is very gay. I've found the series in general a bit less yuri and a bit more broadly ecchi than VDB, for a close comparison if you've played it, but the games are fun and I was pleasantly surprised at the sincerity of the plot that is there.
>>
>>2646436
Mom's gonna freak.
>>
>>2646134
It's kinda too bad Nami only does short games. I can only imagine how nice a long, fleshed out VN from her would be.
And also how long it would take to create. RIP Treat 5.
>>
since we're talking about VN, is the porn in 7 days serviceable aside from that scene?
>>
Not seen anyone mention catch canvas since we started considering EVN... Does it suck?
>>
>>2645594
I'm now wondering what the first pc rpg I ever played was. The Gold Box games are basically dungeon crawlers, and if you include that, it was probably something like Larn.
>>
>>2647327
If you're into BDSM, absolutely. Every scene in the game involves sadomasochistic activities to some measure.
>>
Wow what the fuck, RE: Ne no Kami - The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto you have to pay for the H-patch when you buy it on steam?
>>
>>2647339
>sadomasochistic

picked up
>>
>>2647341
Well, yeah. The Steam version is cheaper than the Denpasoft version.
>>
>>2647333
It was decent, but nothing great. Short, straightforward, and entirely linear until the choice of girl at the end.
The only really remarkable thing about it was how it seems to have been written for the female protagonist and then adapted for the male, rather than the opposite, and how the sex scenes for the female MC are much longer and more explicit than the male versions.
>>
>>2647414
yeah well I don't feel like 2 international transaction fees and two currency exchange fees, so they're going to have to get fucked.
>>
Thanks everyone, time's up, GST is supposed to be added to Steam by the time I wake up. Here's the damage, can someone help me work out which are complete and which need patches?
>>
>>2647471
>that ronery Tekken 7
Black Closet, Seabed, Nurses, Little Lily Princess,Starlight Vega and Fatal Twelve are complete, as far as I know. Can't speak for anything else.
>>
>>2647471
Blackberry and Blueberry will need patches. The rest should be fine, if memory serves. I hope you'll play Lily and Asuka.
>>
>>2647471
GST was added to steam a year ago. You can literally see it in the image you posted.
>>
>>2647106
Thank you, that helped. I'm still doing something wrong, but I'll get there.
>>
>>2647496
lol woops
>>
>>2647481
>I hope you'll play Lily and Asuka.

I will, but Bryan and Feng Wei are my mains. At 70 gig I will probably finish some of these before it's finished downloading.
>>
>>2647503
> I will probably finish some of these before it's finished downloading.

Yep wasn't wrong, BlueberryNOVA is BlueberryOVER. 45 mintues all routes and cheevos. It was cute, but the English was clumsy enough to be jarring - it reminds me of the cliche packed half-baked DooM and Quake fanfic I used to write in primary school. The sex scenes didn't add enough to be worth going through the awkwardness of their existence, but the highlight is probably a beautiful final CG of the both route when MC realizes she's a slut and the game ends.

Overall I don't regret playing it but I do regret paying as many American dollars for it as I did.
>>
>>2646039
Just gave it a shot and it's decent. The gameplay loop consists of building a team and watching them run through a few waves of enemies while occasionally clicking a button to make them do a special move, which is fine if only because there seems to be enough depth to the team building to give you some interesting possibilities.

Yuri-wise, it's a world where men don't exist and some characters are married to each other, including the PC (even if it's just an excuse to set you up in the position required for gameplay purposes). Mind you, PC is such a non-existence that characters barely pay her existence lip service on occasion. Plot-wise, the real protagonist seems to be the PC's (underage?) wife whose regent you're playing as.
>>
>>2647569
>underage wife
picked up
>>
>>2647572
I think that's what she's supposed to be anyway. She's told she is too young to try to rebuild her clan so she decides to marry (you) even if it's just in name only and make (you) her regent.
Then, without anything more or even another scene, you're in charge of running the clan, presumably sitting at the base and doing the actual work while she's out doing plot stuff.
>>
>>2647535
>> cliche packed half-baked DooM and Quake fanfic I used to write in primary school.
Was it a yuri fic, or just some "then John was a zombie" kind of trash?
>>
>>2647585
>Was it a yuri fic, or just some "then John was a zombie" kind of trash?

Literally that, but not ironic. Didn't catch yuri until highschool when I started drawing Noir fanart which has been lost to time for the good of all the peoples of earth.

Back on games, has anyone succeeded in the Phantom Delude Challenge in Valkyrie Drive: Bikkhuni?
>>
>>2647471
Fatal Twelve is real good. I can say that as someone who worked on it, can't I?
>>
>>2647590
>has anyone succeeded in the Phantom Delude Challenge in Valkyrie Drive: Bikkhuni?
I know there are people out there who have, but I'm certainly not one of them. I could barely manage to do one Delude, let alone multiple ones in a row. That challenge was harder than anything else in the game.
>>
>>2647569
>>2647579
Oh so Sakihime is the wife, she's cute so it's ok.
>>
>>2647645
I love her evil expression.
>>
>>2646017
It's weird, hearing character saying "Father" and reading "Mother"
>>
>>2646436
Gimme
>>
>One Hell Of A Week
Jokes about dick size! That's definitely what I want in an update about a yuri game, thanks.
>>
>>2647906
Clearly you've never read Virgin Empires before.
>>
>>2647906
>>One Hell Of A Week
>Jokes about dick size! That's definitely what I want in an update about a yuri game, thanks.

What's this about? Although it seems like a strange thing to get worked up about given there's an ad on this very board right now with a cute Japanese girl sucking two guys off at once.
>>
>>2647972
That's why you gotta block ads and shit. I didn't even know this board had them until you mentioned it.
>>
>>2647974
I thought people got banned for that.
>>
>>2647972
>seeing ads...
top.fucking.kek
>>2648010
wut?
top.fucking.kek
>>
>>2648010
wat
>>
is alpha's adventure kill?
>>
File: 20180701015559_1.jpg (249 KB, 1739x978)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
purple lesbian space vampire
>>
>>2648055
Why would it be? I thought it wasn't supposed to be done until late 2018 at best.
>>
>>2648055
games take time to make
>>
>>2648059
>>2648060
It's been three months since the last backer update.
>>
>>2645967
just who's fucking face is this? let me in on it
>>
>>2648057
What's this?
>>
>>2648066
The answer's in that very post you idiot. All you had to do was google that one sentence, and this is coming from someone who didn't know either until I did that very thing myself.
>>
>>2648071
starlight drifter. its dharker so be wary
>>
>>2648078
>dharker
Tried playing it a long time ago
There was an unavoidable scene where yo get drunk and wake up in bed with some ugly bald guy who ends up being your security officer.
Deleted, removed from Steam library and never looked back
>>
>>2647500
>my shitty guide got linked here
cool
remember that citra uses decrypted .3ds roms. make sure your rom works before trying to hack it
>>
>>2648098
Oh, neat.

Thank you very much for the guide. I'm having fun with my cute lesbian army right now. It also worked well with a .CIA file.
>>
I want to try sonohana, but is it too lewd?

Should I play hanahira before stepping up to the lewder main series?
>>
>>2648120
>too lewd
No such thing.
>>
File: purest form of horny.jpg (81 KB, 596x435)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2648120
prepare yourself before playing a sonohana game.
>>
>>2648114
>>2648098
How is the custom content in that? I've been interested in it for some time now, but I'm always reluctant to jump into gimmicky fanfiction mods because they tend to prioritize appeal over quality.
>>
>>2648121
>>2648123
I'm going to play at office break time, so there you go when I say too lewd
>>
>>2648163
>playing the gays at work
Living on the edge there, might friend.
The main games are primarily about sex, so avoid those during your break time.
>>
>>2648162
Not any worse than the content in the vanilla game but that's not saying much - there's only so much anyone can do when characters are supposed to fall in love and get married after talking together on-screen 4 times. Other than that the mod's writing is crowd-sourced so the quality will vary from one pairing to the other, but that was true in vanilla too.
>>
>>2648163
Just play it, you will get promoted in no time.
>>
>>2648300
>promotions

Wew that takes me back
>>
>>2645808
>Oh, I forgot Highway Blossoms got a voice update. That does boost it in the rankings in terms of being the most polished.

It really does. The only thing that could really make it better is routes and choices, but even that is debatable.
>>
>>2648163
I dunno what office you work at where any form of anime lesbian vn is acceptable to play during lunch break.
>>
>>2648345
As long as his/her lunch break seat is private enough and he/she is playing offline on a laptop, what's the harm? For extra caution, just avoid sex scenes and you can play the wholesome part with a straight face, no worry even if a colleague suddenly appear.
>>
>>2648092
This scene still exists, which is bizarre because there's basically no reason for it. The scene itself is extremely clear that neither of you has any idea if anything sexual happened (because you were both pass-out drunk) and it never gets mentioned again. Certainly there was never any 'wow I love dick so much!' type conversation or anything like that. As I recall the protagonist openly says she doesn't think anything happened and she hopes it didn't.

I have no idea how different the game is now than before because apparently it was a big mess in the past. It's actually kind of fun? The cast seems very much skewed in the direction of bisexual women. Almost everyone who comes on board is female and immediately hits on the other girls.
>>
>>2647471
Does good Tekken Yuri exist or does everyone just decide to blow Jin halfway through?
>>
>>2648370
Also at least two of the girls on the ship will marry each other if you don't date them.
>>
>>2648162
So far it's a really fun mod and all the support conversations I've unlocked were well written. I'm enjoying more than the original ones and not even only just for yuri reasons. It made enjoy some characters more, like Camilla, since the game focus too much only on certain sides of her, but her relationship with Hinoka made me love her. Not to mention it unlocks more possibilities for the player as well, since you have more romance options now.

It's like the other anon said, it's crowd-sourced so quality may vary, but I think it did good for this mod, what every yuri fan looks for yuri is different and everyone has their preferences so the variety is nice. For example, I didn't expect Sakura x Elise to be so absolutely adorable and pure.

It's a great game and if you love yuri and want to play it, that's the way to do it.
>>
It's interesting that while Pillars of Eternity 1 has no romance you can specify that your past life was lovers with a female plot-critical NPC before your past life betrayed her and got her killed.
>>
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/497640/Trick__Treat/
I saw this free game called Trick & Treat while looking through the steam store and it looks like it features yuri romance as a main part of the story. Anyone know if prequel paid game The Witches' Tea Party has any yuri too?

Also any opinions on the game or specifically the yuri in Knight Bewitched or Ceress and Orea? They're really cheap so I feel like impulse buying more yuri.
>>
>>2648345
Eh, I imagine nowadays anime mobile games are pretty common, so I don't think an anime VN would raise a lot of eyebrows, at least if you work with a lot of young people who are into games themselves.
>>
>>2648345
Most offices, people can't wait to get away from eachother, so anyone being off by themselves is just one less person to evade.
>>
I get paid to watch a machine and make sure it doesn't explode all day, so I have plenty of time to play mobage on my phone. Other people do watch porn, and no one really cares what you do as long as you don't use company property to do it. I don't think I would be brave enough to play a VN that had lewd scenes with characters that look underage on the job, though. There's plenty of time at home for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>2646017
Since it seems some people here are giving Sengoku Asuka Zero a shot, I figured I'll leave my ID here in case anyone wants an ally:
>>
>>2646017
So, I'm having fun but I'm having some issues about continuing atm. Is 6* worth rerolling?
>>
>>2648625
The game has something of a difficulty curve. You have to put some thought into building your teams even in the fairly early chapters since you can't level your team above your own level.
While higher * characters tend have better stats, it doesn't seem that drastic a difference in practice though and even with a fairly high rarity team (I blew all the resources you're given on the gatcha already) the game is not a lot easier..
>>
>>2648634
I'm actually pretty satisfied with what I have atm, the thing that's bugging me is the beginner bonus.
Is 6* worth trying to roll while having beginner bonus?
>>
>>2646017
Question out of curiousity for everyone else.
I just downloaded this on the playstore and was flabbergasted to discover it has german localisation.
What other languages did it get localisation for besides english?
>>
>>2648644
English, French, German.
>>
>>2648409
Obsidian has always incorporated lesbians into their games somewhere. I've just come to expect it.
>>
>>2648643
Honestly, the tutorial is way too long for me to feel like it's worth rerolling.
>>
>>2648643
You could just go through the step-up thing if you wanted a guaranteed 6*.
>>
>>2648680
It's much longer than that because the 8x rate gacha is not part of the tutorial so you have to play a few hours or so to get enough gems to roll.

Anyway my ID is 198075
>>
New Harvest Moon-esque game for Kickstarter. The devs promised separate /u/ marriage candidates, so if you like Harvest Moon games, I would support it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bisonbit/farm-folks/comments
>>
>>2648712
I'm SO happy that games like this became popular, since I absolutely love charming farming sims. Not a big fan of the art style, but the rest looks great, good luck for the devs.

Kickstarter still exists, wat
>>
>>2648670
I don't recall any lesbians in Alpha Protocol.
>>
>>2648736
A fem MC for Alpha Protocol would have been godly...
>>
>>2646106
I liked it, but the translation and editing could use some work. It's a nice short doujin to grab if it goes on sale.
>>
>>2648806
Which it is.
>>
>>2648719
Last Farm Sim RPG I remember backing on Kickstarter was called Wild Season, and it became abandonware.

I do think that Kickstarter has issues with game projects, especially if a dev is trying to make a game from scratch. With the all-or-nothing approach dev end up over-promising in hopes of making their project appeal to as many people as possible to get enough funds to hit their goal, but then end up not having enough funds to deliver on all their promises.

If a game 1) already had a solid foundation and a working demo, or 2) comes from with high pedigree (like Pillars of Eternity) I think it's easier to get behind a project.

Patreon is probably better for game projects since (in theory) devs can put out new builds and tweak their project based on feedback. But in reality you get devs like Winged Cloud putting out undercooked projects as quickly as possible, presumably to keep their magpie subscribers interested
>>
>>2648819
I've had good luck with back KS stuff bar the one from a large established studio, so there's no guarantees even there. 3 years later and it's apparently still in development, but iirc it's been so long they no longer even offer it on the previous gen console I originally chose for my order.

Any word about Alpha's Adventures recently? They have some of my money too.
>>
>>2648824
>Alpha's Adcentures
The last few updates about that were about physical rewards like artbook and dakimakura covers. No idea when the actual game will be out.

I backed that one KanColle-like, Victory Belles, because the devs said that (You) could Romance the shipgirls but you would be of ambiguous gender. They put out regular updates that are basically scripts of the shipgirls talking but nothing about the game in months. And these are relatively long blocks of text. So for a browser game that isn't even out, it may have more written for it than some actual related games
>>
>>2648819
Wild Season was god awful.
>>
If Farm Folks doesn't reach the goal, we still have RE:Legends.
>>
>>2648848
>RE:Legends
Looks like a fun game.
>>
I would never back anything on Kickstarter.

40% chance it's a scam.
40% chance it isn't a scam, but the devs are over-ambitious/incompetent.
10% chance it succeeds, but you end up with something like Mighty No.9.
>>
>>2648864
Mixed experience here. Got awesome games like Darkest Dungeon. Pure shit like Agony
>>
>>2648712
It says that you can have kids, so I wonder how that would work in a lesbian marriage. Adoption? But yeah, those early PS2-era graphics are kind of hard to look at.
>>
>>2648889
Adoption. That's how Stardew did it. Or science babies (fairies make your wife pregnant with dust)
>>
>>2648864
I only back kickstarters to build up goodwill to someday hopefully run my own.

It's just not useful or necessary with most indie game projects. Either they had the money to do the game anyway so the KS is just a preorder and you don't really lose anything by not backing it, or the project is something way out of the scope of what the developer was capable of doing on their own, which means that they're probably going to fuck up.

Kickstarter is more suited to physical products which need a minimum order in order to create a run of items.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dharkerfigurine/my-senpai
Well, it's yuri.

This is also the same developer that put out two okayish yuri VNs then…
Made a prequel that is 3/4 het. (Negligee)
Made dlc that is 1/5 het and 1/5 tentacle rape. (Galaxy Girls)

I expect this to be 50% het and 50% tentacle rape when it's finished.
>>
>>2648913
What college has uniforms, anyway? Also, it always amuses me when obviously weeb-inspired characters are given Western names, but I'm honestly not sure if that's more cringe-worthy than just giving them generic Japanese names instead. Unless Michelle's whole deal is that she is an insufferable weeb.
>>
>>2648913
That guy has run no less than 50 kickstarters in the past 3 years on so many different accounts no one can keep track.
>>
>>2648913
One can still just not buy prequels/DLC.
However I would never back any AJtilley kickstarter for any reason considering all the shenanigans.
If the game is completed and someone plays it and finds it tolerable then maybe. Until then, not worth thinking about.
>>
>>2648913
Oh god not this asshole yet?
>>
>>2648913
>well it's yuri
Until he decides it's not
And I would hesitate to use the term "developer". More like "guy who scams people out of their and pays someone else to make a half-baked game while pocketing the rest"
>>
>>2648913
i can't believe people still give this guy money
>>
I want a bunch of leftist sites to post some articles on this asshole to ruin his career.
>>
>>2648928
Yet a lot of his games have mixed or negative rating on Steam. On STEAM, where you REALLY have to fuck up to make people review bomb you
>>
>>2648345
>>2648347
>>2648473
>>2648566

I work as an engineer on IT company, as you see, IT corporations attract lots of weebs. Most people on the same room as me are into animus as well, idk if they're into yuri or not

I guess I will play sfw vn like flowers instead and try sonohana at home
>>
File: miuded.jpg (50 KB, 768x432)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2648864
>40% chance it isn't a scam, but the devs are over-ambitious/incompetent.
Fucking SeaLark
>>
>>2648948
Don't remind me anon...
>>
>>2648409
Speaking of, how's PoE2?
>>
>>2649001
It's good.
>>
>>2649001
I think it's a great game. You can romance your fellow female party members too.
>>
>>2649023
>>2649019
How good is the yuri, though? Is it like bioware games where you get a few dialogues, then a token sex scene followed by 5-20 hours of carting around a finished non-character until you beat the game? I still liked those games but it was just frustrating. Maybe I expect too much from those types of games.
>>
>>2648913
Might actually be yuri for once cause there's only 2 characters lol. I won't be surprised if they pulled some shit though.
>>
Been playing Samurai Warriors 4 recently, fun game and i found this ending of one the story modes pretty /u/ worthy
https://youtu.be/jG8XJUeaxpI?t=23m31s
>>
>>2648913
This looks retarded, they didn't even name the love interest. Even Winged Cloud has more grace than that
>>
>>2649042
Yup, and I ship them.

>translating taisetsu na hito as my precious little girl
Burn the localization team.
>>
>>2649042

Played this years ago. As a big fan of Samurai/Dynasty Warriors games, that was a truly pleasant surprise.
>>
>>2648892
>getting cucked by fairies
No thanks.

>>2649075
What does it actually mean?
>>
Someone fix my memory - there's a weeb game that I don't think ever got translated but it's a historical fantasy fighting game. I think before each match you fiddle with options while your character is riding on a horse. But one character is a milf who fights with a scarf or ribbon. She has the hots for a girl who wears a high ponytail? In one scene I think the milf attempts to lure the girl to a wedding type thing but the girl panics and runs when the woman offers a kiss. What am I thinking of?
>>
>>2647535
>>2646106
>>2648806
>>2648810

Finished Lonely Yuri, it's a sweet story with pretty pictures and cute characters but 8 American dollars is a total rip-off, I think there was a typo on the third click.

>>2647423
>The only really remarkable thing about it was how it seems to have been written for the female protagonist and then adapted for the male, rather than the opposite,

I didn't get that feeling at all, the protag seemed like he/she was written by a typical sperglord who overestimates their own intelligence whilst trying to accumulate power/capital over the girls like your typical craven eyeless sado hentai brotagonist. I'll finish it because I am already pretty deep in and I want to see some filthy CGs, but it's not a good enough story to enjoy for it's own merits and so far the art, although decent, is not worth wading through the story when there is proper smut out there.
>>
>>2649210
If you want smut I'd rec Sakura Dungeon, it's pretty discounted right now
>>
>>2649212
Really I'm looking for another Kindred Spirits or Highway Blossoms, so I'm going to try my luck with Blackberry Honey once I have finished lowering myself with Catch Canvas.
>>
>>2648864
Yeah but you're ignoring the last 10% of really good games like pillars of eternity, divinity original sin, battletech, shadowrun returns, and probably some others I'm forgetting.
>>
>>2648868
>Got awesome games like Darkest Dungeon

I sent a Nymphomaniac Vestal to the brothel for stress healing, is that Yuri?
>>
>>2649218
Yes.
>>
>>2649217
>pillars of eternity
I regretted backing the first one so much I didn't even look at the second one until it was fully funded and released.
>>
>>2649225
>I regretted backing the first one
I didn't.
>>
>>2648864
Bloodstained will probably be my last kickstarter ever, unless some amazing yuri game comes out that's not a VN, or at least some kind of adorable Magical Girl action RPG with customizable characters.

>>2649225
I've had many Kickstarter regrets, but not PoE, at least you got a decent game that actually exists. My biggest one was probably Project Phoenix.
>>
>>2649174
The oft used 'precious person' I think. Really side stepping the yuri subtext with that 'interpretation'.
>>
>>2648712
Everything looks great apart from those hideous fish faced creatures that make up the PC & NPCs.

>>2649254
>tfw you backed Project Phoenix, Mighty No. 9, and Double Fine Adventure
They aren't even among my biggest regrets.
>>
>>2649254
>a decent game
Your mileage may vary. I dropped it harder than it dropped exposition on me.

>>2649301
"Precious little girl" sounds like /ll/ to me, so I'm okay with that.
>>
>>2649254
Bloodstained I also backed, but not for any hope of yuri but because I'm starved for a Castlevania type game, so it's not one I regret at all.
>>
>>2648864
>10% chance it succeeds, but you end up with something like Mighty No.9.
Shovel Knight would have a word with you. After an update you can make that game even /u/.
>>
>>2649042
Is Magoichi the ultimate bro of the franchise?
>>
>>2646017
How much of a money sink is it?
>>
File: 1530455339928.png (15 KB, 144x203)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2649342
>After an update you can make that game even /u/
What, tell me more.
>>
>>2649350
You can change the genders of nearly every character now. It's only for Shovel Knight mode though which is a shame because I would have totally gone for a female Plague Knight and Mona.
>>
File: 1492047761738.gif (262 KB, 400x225)
262 KB
262 KB GIF
>>2649356
I see, still pretty cool. I'll guess I'll replay it.

I love when I have a excuse to play a good game again.
>>
>>2649026
>How good is the yuri, though? Is it like bioware games where you get a few dialogues, then a token sex scene
Yeah, it's kind of like that. You do the quest line of your party member, every now and then you can choose flirtatious options, you can become a couple and by near the end of the game you can get a (not visually explicit) sex scene. In context it is not something big of relevant, I think it's analogue to the Mass Effect romances content-wise.
>>
>>2649346
He's pretty chill dude to hang around with
Don't know why they made him a girl in the Sengoku Basara games though
>>
The attempted kiss was cute and at the same time frustrating since I wanted them to go all the way.
>>
>>2649380
Have they fixed the text yet? I took a break before I got very far because I was having a really hard time enjoying the story when I couldn't read so much dialogue.
>>
I made my last Steam Sale purchase...the only yuri thing was Tomb Raider 2013 and Shadowrun Hong Kong, i guess?
Unless GTA5 has a fem MC mod or something.
Also, i remember some soldiers in Valkyria Chronicles were gay?
Overall it was a good sale, too bad i didn't had enough dosh for some stuff like MGS5 and Xcom2, next sale i'm gonna get them.
>>
>>2649042
That was pretty gay tho...
>>
>>2649420
>the only yuri thing was Tomb Raider 2013

That's not a yuri thing.
>>
>>2649432
It is, like its is enough for the makers to get nervous enough to complete nuke Sam from the games after that.
>>
>>2649377
I think her actual name is supposed to be Sayaka, and she killed the previous Magoichi and took his title and position. I guess they decided needed some eye candy to help sell their game apart from all the fujobait.

And let us not forget Naotora Ii in Basara vs Musou.
>>
>>2649436
I'd believe them removing her, because they weren't interested in the character. I doubt it was because of gay vibes. Squeenix is full of gay vibes everywhere. Both genders. Devs were more interested in making an even worse sequel.

UNLESS! there is proof. Then I haven't said a thing.
>>
>>2649441
If that were true Jonah wouldn't be pushed as 'LARA's BFF' the way he is.
I legit believe they got completely blindsided by how the fandom took Lara and Sam, and they just panic.
Apparently she is coming back in the third game, personally i'm more interested in the games after that that are going back to Lara just getting into non-related adventure...i hope they introduce Natla and Amanda down the line too.
>>
I need some yuri game for PS4
>>
>>2649386
That violin sub-quest in the bar was a wild ride. Funny thing is I don’t think it would have made much more sense even if translated properly. I’ve pretty much lost all motivation to play after unlocking housing and seeing how disappointing it is. Maybe it gets better and more enjoyable after hundreds of hours, but I can’t be bothered. The dressing up is pretty fun, though.
>>
>>2649441
Well, it's well known that Rhianna Pratchett wanted them to get together but she got shot down. It would surprise no-one if it was confirmed that the reason they're pushing Jonah so hard and tried to write Sam out Lara's life in Rise is to get away from that association.
>>
>>2649447
>they got completely blindsided by how the fandom took Lara and Sam, and they just panic
After FF13 and Lightning being the town bicycle for every female in the game, including her sister, I doubt it.
>>
>>2645558
>tfw no maximum victory
Who do I have to pay?
>>
>>2649476
You're forgetting that Squenix Japan doesn't actually have a lot to do with its Eidos branch. Squenix JP may not give much of a shit about fan ships, but the western branch is still mostly run like any big western publisher, and I can believe that unintended lesbian overtones could make a western publisher a bit nervous.

That said, I'd be surprised if that were the overriding factor in them writing Sam out; I imagine it's mostly just shitty writing.
>>
>>2649476
Just heads up Squenix is not the maker of TR, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos are, Squenix pretty much just publishes the thing.
>>
>>2649483
SE has a say in how the game is made, however.
>>
>>2649484
For things that would hurt their brand and probably for stuff like turning Lara into Nathan Drake gameplay wise...which i guess Rhianna Pratchett heard as: Noaw Lara's has a gf like Helena just kinda moar useless.
But seriously, SE probably doesn't dictate story threads to CD and Eidos.
>>
>>2649485
I'm not saying they're telling writers what to write word for word, but they most likely have some control over things like romantic plotlines or character development going where they don't want it to go. They also are very profit-focused – as far as I remember, somebody from SE went on record saying they didn't think TR2013 was a financial success from their point of view.
>>
>>2649439
>And let us not forget Naotora Ii in Basara vs Musou.
>Naotora in Basara
>stronk woman with huge sword
>Naotora in Musou
>kawaii uguu girl who apologizes to anyone she kicks
As a fan of both series, seeing the different takes on the characters between one series and the other are very bizarre
>>
just bought a 3ds, does anyone know some yuri games or with some yuri subtext?
>>
File: 1492470210675.webm (64 KB, 640x480)
64 KB
64 KB WEBM
>>2649501
Hack it, right now.

There's some really nice mods for the Fire Emblem games, Story of Seasons Trio of Towns and Rune Factory 4 that allow those games to go full yuri, all fantastic.
>>
>>2649498
Really makes you want some Naotora (Basara)/Naotora (Musou).
>>
>>2649503
haha I'm planning to! ,I'm just waiting for my 64gb sd card atm and thank you can't wait to try those
>>
>>2649474
Too bad she isn't working on TR anymore. Can't imagine we'll get lucky with a /u/ friendly writer twice.
>>
File: 1528722392189.png (291 KB, 370x467)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>2649474
And now lara is fat and gross, so i don't even know why they avoided making her bi.
>>
>>2649532
what the actual fuck is even that model.
>>
>>2649532
>fat and gross
did I walk onto the set of The Devil Wears Prada?
how do you handle it in real life when you see women who are above a size 8?

>>2649533
The shot on the left looks like a weirdly awkward pose, and it's strange seeing that character with such an unimpressive chest.
>>
>>2649537
>how do you handle it in real life when you see women who are above a size 8?
I try not to go outside
>>
>>2649542
It shows
>>
>>2649441
>Both genders
This. Kingdom Hearts is full on fujo bait, and that has fucking Disney stamped on it.

>>2649482
Also not wanting to pay for a VA, but they apparently don't realize you can just replace as VA.
>>
>>2649377
>>2649439
Yeah, Magoichi is a title.
>>
>>2649377
>He's pretty chill dude to hang around with
His storyline in Samurai Warrios 2 was pretty sad, where he killed Nobunaga, felt all guilty when he went to Hideyoshi and then died helping him defeat Mitsuhide.
>>
>>2649359
Arguably some of the female models actually look better than the original ones, Queen Knight for example or female Spectre Knight.
>>
>>2649505
Naotora (Basara) eating out Naotora (Musou) who suddenly squirts in Naotora (Basara)'s face then starts apologizing profusely
>>
>>2649447
That would imply they are making another one in this continuity. I bet they will aim for a trilogy and then it's another reboot.
Could be wrong of course and they are spinning the whole Trinity bullshit to them being tools of Natla the entire time.
>>
>>2649356
Interesting, is this only on the pc version or does it come on ps4?
>>
>>2649570
Should be all versions since it added with a patch.
>>
>>2649569
I think they said they were doing more games with the 2013 Lara but than aren't related to anything to do with Trinity or her dad.
Like just a TR that starts and end with nothing to do with the next one.
>>
>>2649584
Fuck that would be so refreshing.
>>
>>2649584
They should've done so from the fucking beginning!
>>
>>2649532
Ew, a skeleton fetish
>>
File: sec2_bg.png (1.17 MB, 1366x878)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Any hope of potential for this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KiuQf_QtDw
>>
>>2649598
2013 Lara was perfect.
>>
>>2649608
Lara 2013's face and Lara Rise's azz.
Thats what the one in the new game should have been.
>>
>>2649608
I will always think of her as "the muddy one"
>>
>>2649630
New Lara is going to be even muddier, though.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (180 KB, 400x240)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>2649501
Fairune 2
7th Dragon III
>>
>>2649532
>fat
Wut? That's still an ideal size even in Asia.
>>
>>2649532
Somehow the overall quality of that model looks worse than the 2013's one. Is that supposed to be from the new game? Or is it actually an action figure and my eyes don't lie to me?
>>
>>2649765
It's probably the lighting
>>
>>2649725
Nigguuuuu pls, 2013 and Rise Lara was perfect.
>>2649532 this is all kinds of wrong.
>>
/u/ continues to have embarrassingly shit taste when it comes to character designs
>>
>>2649798
Indeed, can't believe there are people here who like that new design. Absorutery shamefur.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (201 KB, 396x617)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>2649801
Here anon I found some yuri you'd like
>>
File: waterfall.png (592 KB, 469x542)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>2649802
Keep going.
>>
>>2649802
That's hot.
>>
>>2647471
>>2649210
Finished Catch Canvas, super shallow, bottom-teir weeaboo humor but some decent CGs and one or two good jokes. It was at least polished enough and cheap, although I doubt I'll ever go back to it. I don't think it was bettered by the H-Patch, the girls are pretty enough without their pussies needlessly showing through the agonizingly long and over-the-top first-person descriptions of sex. I guess it's a problem of me not being able to self-insert well.

>>2647535
Also finished Ceress and Orea in about an hour, it's a cute and relaxing little tale with like 2 puzzles and a tiresome fetch quest, but no regrets for the price (1 American dollar) and time investment. It's only worth it if you hunt for all the flashbacks/cheevos though.

>>2647535
Started black closet, looks like a winner.

>>2649802
But Onee-chan, I spook from there...
>>
>>2649875
Thanks for the trip reports
>>
Which of the atelier games on Steam (Firis Sophie, Lydie & Suelle) would /u/ recommend? I've seen the series mentioned here a few times so I thuoght I may pick one of them up from the sale.
>>
>>2649928
Only Sophie among those 3. But the most /u/ Atelier games are Totori and Meruru.
>>
>>2649771
Only one in this thread who gets it.
>>
>>2649605
Probably, but will have to wait until it's out to be sure. Might be subtext at most.
>>
File: DhLugcAUEAErV5V.jpg (110 KB, 1000x563)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>2649605
If you don't mind psycho love, maybe.
>Rei-chan...fufufu
>Rei-chan, Rei-chan...reichanreichan... So adorable.
>>
File: 1492438061547.gif (991 KB, 478x243)
991 KB
991 KB GIF
>>2649605
Please be twincest.
>>
>>2650140
What about princest?
>>
>>2650148
What's princest?
>>
>https://blog.twitch.tv/get-ready-for-the-biggest-game-giveaway-in-twitch-prime-history-52e55aba19eb?sf192989406=1
Twitch Prime (Twitch account linked to Amazon Prime account, may work for trial accounts too, not sure) is giving away free games for the next couple weeks. I'm not familiar with most of the games they're giving out but one of today's games is Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition which I saw mentioned here for some /u/.
>>
>>2650206
wow those are all really good games
>>
>>2650206
Some actual good games there
>Twinkle Star Sprites
oh sweet
>>
>>2650092
Psychos need love too
>>
>>2649696
thank you ^^
>>
I want to make a yuri game but I've started to feel kind of depressed about it. So many people who I'd otherwise consider to have "good taste" seem to really dislike or have zero interest in yuri. Even my friends who can enjoy yuri have told me they'd always enjoy it better if it was straight and can't really relate to two girls loving each other. When I look at places where yuri fans gather I often feel like "I don't really like these people..." not everyone but a lot of them, if that makes sense. I love yuri a lot and it'd mean the most to me to make something with yuri, but it's disheartening that pretty much everyone I respect would see this as kind of a minus at the very least.

I wish yuri wasn't so niche and hard to get into for most people, it's lonely being a yuri fan.
>>
>>2650266
>^^
Leave.
>>
>>2650277
>I want to make a yuri game but I've started to feel kind of depressed about it
You should be, game making requires dedication and effort and your half-assed attempt would fail anyway.

Write a story instead. It's not hard to find an audience, especially if you go for a popular pairing. You'll get faster feedback and feel a lot better.
>>
>>2650277
Do it and show them how good yuri can be. If they still didn't like when you know the story is good, you saw their true colors.
Also, how can someone have "good taste" about plots in games? 90% of all games have shit plot. Not even trying to be negative, it's the truth.
>>
>>2650277
It's like whining about "muh shounenfag friends don't likes shoujo, wat do." You start by looking for people that share your intetest first before getting to know them, idiot.

Also, talking by percentage, the amount of cancer among mainstreamfags is just as high as among yurifags. By absolute number, cancerous mainstreamfags blast everything else out of the water. It's also all about perspective. Don't forget weeaboo shit is very much a niche compared to other mainstream media. And don't forget transhit is much nicher compared to yuri. Didn't stop any hobby to have its own followers.

As for making games, the rule of thumb mindset is to make what YOU want to play, not what will please others. Your duty is to convert others. Before something became popular, how the heck did you think the pioneers decide what to make? By pitiying themselves and propagating the fact that their niche is not popular?
>>
>>2650206
The Neogeo games are probably the dotemu releases, which aren't any better than just getting the roms and playing on Fightcade.

Western release never ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypquVsyytCY

>>2650277
Make a fun game, once you have that then you can focus on the story bits.
>>
>>2650277
>caring about what the heathens think
Funny, I can't relate to straights loving each other and always feel like it would be better with yuri instead.
>When I look at places where yuri fans gather I often feel like "I don't really like these people..." not everyone but a lot of them
That's normal. Keep in mind that 'yuri fans' are a diverse group and have different tastes in yuri. Some can't even agree on what yuri means. Before you create anything you should figure out who exactly you're trying to please.
>>
>>2650084
You probably right, but I'll have some hope.

>>2650092
I don't know where my limit lies with this, but for now I'm fine with it.

>>2650140
This

>>2650152
For any good question:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Princest
>>
Remember that today 4th of July it's the start of AX and Jast USA will probably announce:
- A date for Flowers 2 (that they will delay)
- That they licenced Flowers 3 (don't expect a release date soon)
- Tokyo Necro which has a yuri route with Ethica, but if you can't stand edgy Nitro + VNs and a het route that never gets in the way of the yuri you should avoid it (this announcement is mostly just a rumour)
- And I don't know if they will remember they have Katahane licenced, so I doubt they will mention anything. And if they do, it will be just that "they're working on it". I would like to be wrong tho.

I would probably do the same recap for the most likely companies to announce yuri.
>>
>>2650206
PoE1 doesn't really have any /u/ unless you count some very minor background stuff. It's all in the sequel.
>>
>>2650473
You can also hire a prositute as your personal escort, permanently relocating her in your private room in your stronghold. That has to count for something.
>>
>>2650482
When and where does this happen? I must've missed it in my initial playthrough.
>>
>>2650484
It's the girls in the brothel you hire for stat increases
You have to have very specific high stats to do it so most people missed it
>>
>>2650092
>implying i don't prefer it
>>
>>2650484
If you have 19 Con when sleeping with a prostitute at the Salty Mast you'll get the option to ask her to come working for you afterward (the wiki used to list a 19 Dex requirement as well, and I only ever tried with both 19 Dex and Con so I don't know which one is correct). She'll relocate in your private room in Caed Nua and you can get fade-to-black sex with her anytime you want for free, but you won't get the bonuses you'd get if she was still working at the Salty Mast. Other than that she'll be treated like a stronghold hireling, increasing prestige and costing you some gold each stronghold turn but not participating in battle.
>>
>>2650292
95% of all human endeavor is crap. Good taste is the ability to sort through the remaining 5%.
>>
>>2650332
>https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Princest
Oh

Hot.
>>
Is someone going to start a new thread?
>>
File: 1501703562241.jpg (17 KB, 144x150)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>steam sale starts
>take a couple days adding /u/ games to my cart
>narrow down the list of stuff in my cart i want to do a little more checking up on before i finally decide what to buy
>get sick
>don't want to deal with it while my head's fuzzy
>recover slowly over the course of a week
>ready to pick out what i want
>check cart
>empty
>>
>>2650522
We're on page 6 anon, we don't need a new thread yet
>>
File: buddyishereforyou.gif (852 KB, 500x271)
852 KB
852 KB GIF
>>2650533
>>
>>2650463
>Katahane
At this rate they'll manage to release this before Flowers 2.
>>
File: wryyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (12 KB, 500x281)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>2650533
>on top of all that my $5 off promotion expired while I was sick
>>
>>2650542
>>
File: tenor.gif (468 KB, 400x300)
468 KB
468 KB GIF
>>2650543
O-onee-sama!
>>
>>2650543
Bad smaller dog
>>
>>2650533
>>2650542
F
>>
Is Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls yuri friendly?
>>
lmao what's wrong with "^^"
>>
>>2650463
Don't piss on Necro. It's Yuri route is separate, amazing and none of the lesbians get dicked (Infact Ethica refuses to have sex with a straight girl cause it makes her angry that sleeping with another woman is considered gross to her), which is more then can be said about alot of Visual Novels. There's also a route we're you play a BDSM obsessed bislut hacker.

Nitroplus edge is also fucking glorious.
>>
File: 1529695349455.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1622)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
For curiosity sake did anyone play the russian translation of Seisai resonance?
>>
>>2650878
Depends on why you need to know, KGB-san.
>>
>>2650755
Toko is constantly fantasizing about Byakuya, so I'd say no.
>>
>>2650873
I never hated on Necro, in fact i'm very hypped for it, but I know that /u/ gets a little weird at the simple mention of a man. That's why I warned.
>>
>>2650980
If you've been here for a few threads where it was discussed, you'd see that the only ones getting weird are trolls.
>>
>>2650980
/u/ is cool with games that have yuri routes that are actual full yuri routes, as long it doesn't have any "surprise" mid game.
>>
>>2650755
It's about two girls developing a friendship, but Toko is constantly fantasizing about Togami and angrily dismisses the thought of yuri a few times. Of course, she's clearly utterly delusional about Togami, so you could definitely ship them, but it's not openly in the game.

There's also a scene where a young girl ties up the protagonist and, if you fail the minigame, basically molests her into compliance, which leads to a game over.
>>
What is everyone impulse buying on the last day of the steam sale?

I was about to to buy Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline but then I read it doesn't have an H-patch, instead the uncensored version is only on denpa's website and it costs more. Now I'm not buying it out of spite.
>>
>>2651176
Only /u/ relevant game I bought this time was Starlight Drifter, which I am having fun with it. Although if there's one thing that leaves to be desired is that pacing could be better. For example I saved some Big Tits McGee, and in the very first talk in the ship I'm suddenly confessing my love to her and wanting to marry her.
>>
>>2651176
I bought Shadows of the Pygmallion. People aint too hot about it here, but it got very good reviews from critics and other places.

Even if it isn't the best...I want to support publishers that do Yuri titles.
>>
I guess Flowers Summer is out now

https://twitter.com/jonjonaug/status/1014728014033121281
>>
>>2651176
I'm tempted to buy Fatal Bullet just for the updates/DLC even though I pirated it already, because I'm enjoying it so much. But I've already cleared it so it would just be grinding postgame stuff.
>>
>>2651274
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
So Flowers 3 announced, Flowers 2 is coming out 2, and JAST said they really want to do Tokyo Necro, but there too busy and if they translated it now, it would be shit.
>>
>>2651278
Flowers 3 will be announed at AX 2019 actually.
And fuck Nitro+ for not releasing the good games in english. They said they would only license them if they sold well in Japan. That's why they don't give a shit about Sumaga for example.
God damn it I was so hyped for Tokyo Necro
>>
>>2651279
Why must it be JAST? Where is Mangagamer?
>>
>>2651279
No, wait, flowers 3 was announced, my bad.
>>
>>2651279
They showed off the trailer, which is basically confirming it's happening. They said Flowers 2 is supposed to be out now, but I can't find it on steam.

Necro is a huge fucking shame, but AT LEAST Jast acknowledged how much people want it. Maybe we'll get it in the next five years. I still have alot of respect for the company. I love edge fests, and they actually make their male prots tolerable.
>>
>>2651280
If you mean why JAST has Tokyo Necro and not Mangagamer, it's because Nitro+ played some 5D Chess and made >J*ST their exclusive partner years ago.
>>
>>2651282
Flowers Steam release is the 16th, physical copies available now exclusively at AX
>>
File: 1530767531811.png (58 KB, 457x474)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>2651282
So Moogy is working on a project for JAST. /jp/ was speculating that it might be Tokyo Necro. But by the way JAST were talking at today's panel, it might not be.
I don't know what to think anymore. It's not only >JAST anymore but also >Nitro+
>>
>>2651176
I didn't buy anything /u/ related, but I'll just remind anyone who hasn't yet that they should buy Nights of Azure 1&2 and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni.
>>
>>2651300
Are both Nights of Azure games actually good? I was looking forward to the first one but ended up putting it off after hearing it was pretty bland.
>>
>>2651327
Not that anons, and I've only played the first one, but calling at least its gameplay mediocre would be accurate: I didn't hate my time with it or anything and there were some fun bits, but what made me want to finish it was the yuri and a fairly intriguing plot.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the second one though. People talked about it a lot before it came out, but I missed the release window and I've seen nobody really talk about it around here.
>>
>>2651176
see
>>2647471

>>2651300
>I didn't buy anything /u/ related, but I'll just remind anyone who hasn't yet that they should buy Nights of Azure 1&2 and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni.

Add Highway Blossoms and Kindred Spirits on the Roof if you are into VN.
>>
>>2650277
What you said doesn't make sense. Those people whom you are talking to aren't Yuri fans. Doesn't mean that someone isn't offended to hell by Yuri, means they are a "fan". Fans are people whom Yuri is a high favorite for them. And they completely exist. Aside from right here on /u/, there are other forums, sites, blogs, where I see people talking fondly about Yuri. In fact, it's a really good thing that people in general find Yuri approachable, even if it isn't a genre they'd like the best.

Yuri has always been a smaller genre out of all the other romance demographics. You should follow the example of the East Asian indie creators. They aren't overly worried about feelings and stats. Those who want to make Yuri, just create their manga/games and put their work out there. Let passion and enthusiasm influence you more!
>>
>>2651327
The gameplay won't blow anyone's minds but it is fun (albeit easy outside a few late game bits and optional challenges), the characters are great, the story is great, the art is great and the music is great. I genuinely think it's a must play for anyone on /u/.

>>2651329
The second game is better in some ways and worse in others. For someone who's not into yuri it's probably a harder recommendation than the first game, but I still loved it.
>>
>>2651278
Any news about Katahane?
>>
>>2649380
I'm late in the party but any Bond I can join?
>>
>>2651378
Jast: "What's a Katahane?"
>>
>>2651342
Also Fatal Twelve.

>>2651378
I don't think JAST can remember more than two projects at the same time. Every time you mention a new game one of the older two gets delayed by several months.
>>
>>2651176
I'm pretty tired of games with actual gameplay so I think I'm just going to play nothing but VNs from now on, so I got Nurse Love Addiction, SeaBed, and Fatal Twelve.

>>2651275
I have the season pass and I beat the second DLC yesterday. As much as I enjoyed the game, if you've already beaten the game then I can't honestly recommend buying it again along with the DLC. The DLC storyline is kinda lame, although evil robot Asuna and the Hatsune Miku-esque villainess are pretty sexy. The DLC dungeons still look exactly the same as the storyline dungeons, and the only new bosses are the ones at the very end. The best thing about the second DLC is that it allows you to buy an item that increases the rate of affection gain and you can buy an upgrade for your home that unlocks that door and allows you rewatch bedtime scenes with your party members. There are some extra quests that your party members give you that will reward you with some furniture for your home, I know one of them is a speaker that allows you to listen to ingame music.
>>
File: 1530788947535.webm (808 KB, 640x360)
808 KB
808 KB WEBM
I'm getting excited for Harukana Receive, so I got Sweet Volley High, I don't even know if it's good.

I don't have a Ps4 to play the third one, but do you guys think Dead or Alive Xtreme beach volleyball 1 and 2 are worth it?
>>
>>2651436
Ha
>>
>>2651437
>Ha
What, have I made a terrible mistake? Should I refund it?
>>
>>2651436
SVH is together with LKiaB in how much it is hated here. Except unlike Ladykiller the author didn't patch out the het and other stupid shit.
>>
File: 1472479234005.gif (221 KB, 397x300)
221 KB
221 KB GIF
>>2651445
Oh wow.

Thanks, refunded.
>>
>>2651446
Again this gif. I love it.
>>
File: sweet volley high.jpg (714 KB, 2800x848)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>2651436
From anon who sacrificed herself for the sake of the rest of us.
>>
>>2651457
Damn. What a shitshow. I got angry just reading that.
>>
>>2651457
Wow, this is hilariously bad. It's like someone made a whole game as a shitpost.
>>
>>2651465
>shitpost
Well the creator did pop in to defend this shitshow
>>
>>2651467
What did he say? Do you have something by which to look for it in the archive?
>>
>>2651457
Huh. I'm glad I only got that in a bundle and never got around to actually bothering with it.
>>
>>2645963
>>2645971
>>2645976

I'd like to thank this thread for putting me onto Black Closet. How could I have missed this for so long...
>>
>>2651468
IIRC everything made by the developer is relentlessly terrible and their rambling is self-obsessed and irritating and not worth even looking into. File them under 'ignore'.
>>
>>2651468
Only saying this because we're past bumplimit because otherwise I would not want to open this offtopic shitshow.

Author is one of those people who is obsessed with their own edgy specialness, who feels that it is an important part of ARTISTIC FREEDOM to disregard player expectations entirely. Therefore, they intentionally pitched Sweet Volley High as "half otome half yuri romance" despite that being not true because they wanted to shock the readers.with the bad ends. Refused to tell anyone how to get the achievements for one of their other 'yuri' games because that would be spoilers. And so on.

In a way that's okay. Yes, as a creator, you have the freedom to be a dick if that's what you want to be, we can just write you off as a dick and warn people not to trust your games. But at the same time, they WHINE like little babies if you dare to criticise their artistic genius. "How dare you judge my HONEST QUEER NARRATIVE???"

Yes, I'm using 'they' for a reason, because as far as I know (unless I have the wrong person) the author has now changed from 'John' to 'Katie'. That's new since SVH came out. Again, whatever, I don't give a shit about you being trans, I care that your games are terrible and you're a jerk.

At least Ladykiller has some redeeming features. It's possible to get some enjoyment out of it, just avoid the bad route.

The same cannot be said for any product released by New West Games.
>>
>>2651499
some author quotes about sweet volley high

>The game is not aimed at a specific fandom - in fact, my games typically avoid a lot of common genre tropes, instead relying on more realistic or 'true to life' depictions of relationships between characters. I hope that people from all visual novel fandoms will try the game, and take away an experience different from what they may have seen before.

>This game breaks a lot of visual novel rules. This is intentional. I do not simply want to make another 'typical' VN. For that reason, I suggest that traditional yuri fans such as yourself play the male route - I promise you'll gain more insight into the characters that way.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>2651503
Man, what a douche.
>>
>>2651507
I was trying to decide if we should wait for more Anime Expo news or just run with the Flowers announce.
>>
>>2651503
>I suggest that traditional yuri fans such as yourself play the male route - I promise you'll gain more insight into the characters that way
I kinda want to believe that this was intentional trolling.
>>
>>2651507
We're still on page 7. /u/ is slow enough for this thread to have plenty of time left.
>>
>>2651511
What else could we wait for?
Best case scenario Mangagamer announces Kotonoha Amrilato but their AX pannel is in like 2 days
>>
>>2651457
So what I'm getting from this image is that there's only one good route which is filled with typical sports melodrama everything else is bait and if you don't pick that one specific girl you get shat on. That sucks.
>>
>>2651518
It's highly likely that this thread will still be around in 2 days.
>>
>>2651518
Isn't that getting a sequel now too? That should have boosted the chances of licensing nicely.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 will had female protagonist, it will be like FGO or just another Duel Link?
>>
>>2651566
It lets you choose the (silent) protagonist's gender if that's what you're talking about.
>>
File: doushiteeeeeeeee.gif (582 KB, 512x288)
582 KB
582 KB GIF
>>2651566
>get into the closed beta
>phone is just barely too old to run the application
>>
>>2651587
Emulate it, dumdum.
>>
you sure since the gameplay show avatars.
>>
>>2651780
yes girl ice cream
>>
>>2651859
>>2651807
>>2651805
>>2651786
>>2651785
>>2651780
The fuck? Get outta here
>>
File: NsOv7Ow.jpg (19 KB, 317x321)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Flowers has the best soundtrack. So excited for the 16th!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TsJZ-gP7wI
>>
So with the Jast thing coming up so soon, what you think is realistic to except in Yuri content?

Atlach Nacha is a cult classic, and Mangagamer has a deal with Alicesoft. That could be a possibility.

The Mexican Yuri game was talked about being wanted, but I dont think they would announce it so soon after the survey.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof: Full Chorus release date is the best bet, in my view.

What else you think they snagged?
>>
>>2651995
So glad that MANYO is doing all the soundtracks. I already fell in love with his Akai Ito/Aoishiro OST and recently discovered his doujin circle canoue with Haruka Shimotsuki.
>>
>>2652003
Besides JAST, who already announced its projects, the next companies most likely to announce yuri are Sekai and Mangagamer, i'll post on Saturday what we can expect from them.

But if you expect a 18 years old VN like that to be announced you'll be really dissapointed (and yeah I know they released old Rance games but don't compare Rance's popularity with a niche title)
>>
>>2652003
>Atlach Nacha is a cult classic, and Mangagamer has a deal with Alicesoft. That could be a possibility.
Only if they're doing a remake in Japan. If they're doing a new version with fresh graphics then sure, they might announce an English release.

Otherwise, it's fan translation or nothing.
>>
>>2652136
If there's a remake, I hope the het end will be discarded. I could forgive the het rape past, but the humiliation of rape and kille again is just too much.
>>
>>2652003
Sesai Resonance?
>>
>>2652164
The japanese company went bankrupt.
>>
>>2652138
I think it's pretty much impossible though, looking at its vndb entry. It has only two release versions, last seen a long long time ago. That doesn't sound like it sold very well.
>>
>>2652138
It's not really a het end. Hatsune fucking murders Silver when she goes apeshit. And at this point, she's half dead after being raped. [/spoiler

Because of how fucked up it is, the ending is a Yuri incest end, if I read into what Kanako wants to do with Hatsune junior..
>>
Just finished Gravity Rush 2 and I gotta say, they don't know how to write an ending. They should've led Raven to where Kat first wakes up, where she finds her swinging on the swing then she smiles at Raven and that's when you fade to black.

Otherwise a very fun game. There sadly isn't very much interaction between Raven and Kat.
>>
>>2652386
I just started it and still haven't gotten far enough to see Raven. My goggles have nothing to focus on except cecie and her mom. Really fun so far though, it's too bad the game didn't do well.
>>
>>2652386
To be honest, I wouldn't surprised to find out that the ending was rewritten and that was a last minute addition.

>>2652414
It doesn't take long to find Raven after you get to Jirga Para Lhao, so don't worry. Just keep at it with the story missions.
>>
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

I'll check to see how the yuri visual novels did in Steam
>>
http://nisamerica.com/games/caligula-effect-overdose/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzd-atz5iXU

Didn't see this being mentioned yet. Caligula Overdose will come to the West next year.
>>
>>2652461
>Steam
Nice, I do remember some anons talking about it.

Looks good, sounds kinda bad, how much /u/ is it?
>>
>>2652475
Unless I'm confusing it with something else, anons from previous threads said that the feMC version of the story doesn't have a whole lot of /u/-relevant things going on, aside from a few goggleable interactions.
>>
>>2652458
As pointless as Steamspy because the numbers include sales from bundles, which can be as low as a penny in some cases.
>>
>>2652478
They said the new girl clearly leans into the FeMC, but the old girls are straight. But there's not romance for either, it's all teasing.
This is not Persona.
>>
>>2652489
It doesn't tell you how much money they made.
Nor does it tell you exactly how many people own the game, since these estimations were driven by how many people PLAYED it and got the achievements, iirc.

Which means games with no achievements aren't listed at all. That's why you won't see any of the Sakura games on that list.
>>
File: wew lass.png (1 KB, 264x52)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>10k people were fooled into buying a meme game
>Only 1029 people bought SeaBed
Damn
>>
>>2652497
Nurse Love Addiction is awesome.
>>
>>2652497
I for one own SeaBed only on Mangagamer.
>>
File: atlach nacha.jpg (9 KB, 220x220)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2651445
So what's the most hated/controversial /u/ related game? Atlach Nacha?
>>
>>2652458
Someone who can be fucked should check KS.

>>2652497
Kinda tough to blame people, I bought it day 1 for a rainy day that still hasn't come around because I've not been in the mood for it. The same things that make it potentially refreshing and original also make it fairly niche, a lot of people probably lose interest reading the pitch on the store-page because they want something fluffier or just with less potential for being depressing.
>>
>>2652509
Ladykiller in a Bind
>>
>>2652509
Huh? Atlach Nacha's hated? It's barely talked about, and when it is, people are quite positive towards it. They usually preface their positivisty by saying you don't play it as a Yuri game, however.

It's nowhere near the level of Sweet Volley High and...Lady Killer.
>>
>>2652497
I own SeaBed but haven't played it enough to get an achievement so I'm not counted.
>>
>>2652510
>Someone who can be fucked should check KS.
It doesn't have achievements so it can't be calculated via this method.
>>
>>2652509
Ladykiller.
>>
>>2652497
Nurse Love is fun. Should be better than Dead Lesbian - The Game
>>
>>2652458
Pity we can't see Flowers and Kindred's numbers.

>Sweet Volley High - 10,277
>Nurse Love Addiction - 10,234
>Ladykiller in a Bind - 8,177
>Fatal Twelve - 1,761
>SeaBed - 1,029
>>
>>2652540
>Fatal Twelve - 1,761
>SeaBed - 1,029
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>2652540
It's not fair lads. SeaBed is a 10/10 kamige.
>>
>>2652546
Most games don't actually sell a whole lot of copies.
>>
File: 1426999524502.jpg (52 KB, 463x319)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2652546
Surely, the problem is that the Earth isn't gay enough?
>>
>>2652540
Can't download the CSV, did highway blossoms or black closet sell well?
>>
File: 1426883597468.jpg (92 KB, 400x489)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2652552
>Highway Blossoms - 41,053
>Black Closet - 11,211

Highway Blossoms easily beats the rest. If there's any others /u/ wants to find just holla.
>>
>>2652553
Thank you for answering so quickly!

How about Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni?

And if you are really bored,

Starlight vega,
blackberry honey
love ribbon
>>
>>2652556
>VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- - 28,801
>Love Ribbon - 19,978
>Starlight Vega - 8,126
>Blackberry Honey - 2,112
>>
>>2652553
Not surprising, Highway Blossoms was in a bundle so it was given away to tons of people.

This is why we have to be careful about drawing conclusions.
>>
>>2652546
They are both very expensive for VN,
>>
>>2652557
That Love Ribbon figure is interesting because I don't remember it ever being in any big bundles, those sales may be legitimate. However I don't have a perfect memory.
>>
>>2652553
little lily princess
>>2652558
yeah i'm curious how many of these numbers are from bundle sales
>>
>>2652558
This is why I'm glad Steamspy went under so I wouldn't have to see idiots believing Fatal Twelve only sold 1700 and A Wild Catgirl appears is a success at 30,000 with penny bundles. These lists are inaccurate and pointless.
>>
>>2652560
More importantly they haven't been out that long, and Steam has been far more crowded in the past year, so it's harder for a niche game.
>>
File: 1427016669774.jpg (43 KB, 600x503)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2652563
>A Little Lily Princess - 7,591

Also found this one
>A Kiss For The Petals - Remembering How We Met, - 43,213
>>
>>2652563
You can check on SteamDB https://steamdb.info/app/451760/graphs/
>>
>>2652567
>https://steamdb.info/app/451760/graphs/
How does that tell you anything about humble bundle?
>>
>>2652558
>Not surprising, Highway Blossoms was in a bundle so it was given away to tons of people.
>This is why we have to be careful about drawing conclusions.

Looking at global achievements, 57.5 % of that started a game, 27.8% finished and 32.3% know what they did

That means 11,412 people liked it enough to finish it, which is still very high in an uneven comparison to total sales of the other yuri VN
>>
>>2652560
It doesn't help that unless you know Seabed's supposed reputation for the story, it looks pretty terrible and dated at first glance. The backgrounds are filtered photos which is something even shitty OELVN can manage to do without.
>>
>>2652566
>A Kiss For The Petals - Remembering How We Met
That was definitely on humble bundle at the dollar tier.
https://petalsgarden.axypb.net/remembering-how-we-met-humble-mangagamer-friends-bundle/
>>
>>2652564
Even though it doesn't show profits or actual ownership numbers it the very least gives an estimate as to how many opened the game and played it, given that I'm pretty sure the general rate of achievement unlocks is how this leak's data has been sorted. But yes, everything should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>2652572
Are you retarded? It's right there on the graph.
>>
>>2652562
76% of owners started it, 50% finished it.
>>
>>2652573
It still did well, definitely, just not as well as that 40K figure would suggest.
>>
>>2652577
Oh, it says at the bottom. Yeah, I guess I am.
>>
>>2652580
I'm excited that many people finished it, there are a lot of onee-samas about who won't touch a Western VN made by a group of boys on principle
>>
>>2652590
On the other hand there are achievement hunters who buy kinetic novels and put them on skip just to boost their completion percentage.
But probably not that many of them.
>>
>>2652592
Actually you could possibly estimate that by looking up some of those 8000+achievement ripoff VNs and seeing how many people buy them.
>>
>>2652567
thanks
>>
File: 1529746132360.jpg (114 KB, 928x696)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2652546
What a pity, Fatal Twelve and SeaBed are 2 of my favorite visual novels.
>>
>>2652337
Being pregnant with a rapist's child and then transfer the fetus to your gf is not "yuri end". It's the ultimate NTR, by het. The later pseudo incest just amplies that humiliation.

Why the hell do you think so many het doujin end in impregnation despite the rapist having been punished/killed? Because it's what counts for a male fantasy. Naively thinking "hey he had been killed! That means he's doomed by the narrative!" Is obtuse. That's like thinking the dark past of edgelord MCs mean the creator "hate" him.

Where are yuri where the girl is pregnant with a science yuri baby despite ultimately ending up with a guy?
>>
>>2652621
>Where are yuri where the girl is pregnant with a science yuri baby despite ultimately ending up with a guy?
I'm pretty sure you'd be angry if we wrote that.
>>
>>2652509
Atlach is well liked by most who bothered to play it. Me too, despite my grief with the way it ended. It has really a really great MC and well written romance for her, much more than 99.99% actual yuri games out there. Just don't play it as a yuri game to avoid feeling betrayed and you'll be fine.

Hatsune and Kanako's only fault is that they star in a game written primarily for a misogynistic audiences who prefer lesbians to get raped and killed.
>>
File: O_Mori_Chanpon_06.jpg (143 KB, 675x998)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>2652621
Ohhh boy, lets go into details about this one.

Let's preface this with this quote. "He may have been your father boy, but he wasn't your daddy!" Just because Hatsune Junior has Shirogane's blood, dosen't make her any less of Kanako's, and Hatsune's child. Hatsune, essentially takes back what Shirogane stole from her. She purges herself of his taint, but transferring little Hatsune to Kanano, and in the process, "purges" her of Shirogane's taint. While Shirogane forcibly injects his seed into her, Hatsune gives it to Kanako as a selfless gift the same way (stabbing her stinger into her, very gross)

It's the ultimate middle finger to him. Shirogane's life goal was to "make Hatsune his own", not only does Hatsune defy this, by destroying the bastard, she claims his precious "seed", appropriates it, makes it her own, and passes it over to the only person that ever mattered to her. Shirogane will be nothing more then a bad memory, which is the thing he feared the most. The worst thing for him.

After everything she fucking did, Hatsune did not deserve a happy ending. She TELLS Kanako, to remember her what she was, a ravenous spider. A monster who preys on human children, corrupts them. A monster who defined her own morality. If you try to absolve her of her sins, your just spitting on her character, which is defined by it's strength of will. Hatsune accepts and embraces herself. She may despise her being, but she nevertheless accepts it. She is a ravenous spider demon. She dosen't cry about it. She dosen't yell "Look at what he's done, it's all his fault!" She admits, while Shirogane sent her down this dark path, it was her decision to carry down on it, and she become a monster with glee. Hatsune doesn't make excuses, you shouldn't for her.
>>
>>2652625
Nope. I've actively asked for that kind of game for years. I want a gane advertised as het that have the bulk of plot-pivotal romance moment to be between girls and one of them get impregnated by the other girl (who can be dead or go away) and let a guy take care of that.
>>
>>2652627
>Hatsune and Kanako's only fault is that they star in a game written primarily for a misogynistic audiences who prefer lesbians to get raped and killed.
Everyone get's fucking killed, and raped. The men. The woman. The rapists all get messily eaten. Atlach-Nacha is very indiscriminate on who dies and suffers.
>>
File: 1451836987915-0.jpg (80 KB, 509x501)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>2652625
>>2652633
>hetbait VN
That's an idea, make it with a faceless self-insert MC and no matter what route the player chooses the girls end up together after fucking in front of him, and of course, in one of the routes he gets raped by his token best friend guy.

Call it "Harem protagonist in a Bind".
>>
>>2652632
You can rationalize all you want, doesn't change what it was. No het romance ever ended with a girl pregnant with the "non winner", even if that guy ended up dead. NTR doujins and cheating porn are also created for self-insert of the stealer, not the cuck.

Genetic cucking is the worst. I honestly don't care about girls (or a het couple) ending up together if it means the baby isn't really theirs or of their intentional choosing through donors. I bet ypu like Ladykiller and SVH too, cuck.
>>
>>2652639
Even better; His black best friend.
>>
>>2652643
>calling people cuck without responding to their argument
There's a place for you, anon, it's called /pol/.
>>
>>2652643
>KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK.
Sounds like you are the one who has an NTR fetish anon...
>>
>>2652337
>>2652621
>>2652632
Wait, the protagonist gets raped in the end? My interest is completely gone now.
>>
>>2652652
By a giant spider

Which is why people shouldn't be read as a yuri work. I don't know why it's gotten this reputation as one. Maybe the amazing writing just makes it standout?

I believe the writer even said he was surprised. but happy it had such a big following when it came to Japanese Yuri fans.
>>
>>2652632
>the baby still has Hatsune's blood
The fact that there's a baby at all even though we're supposed to get a fullfilling romance between Hatsune and Kanako is the problem. You purposefully glossed over that point and dip into irrelevant shit that no yurifans care about just to defend it.

It's not yuri. It's just bait where the writer create a seemingly meaningful romance, only to crush it with het, the purpose is to titltilate the male otaku who get off on degrading women. The more powerful, respectable, hard-to-obtain female character, the better. Go to sad panda and educate yourself on any "yuri" doujin that has het, or any NTR doujin with the impregnation tag. It'd be hard to find any retarded dumb enough to think the point of those is "those girls still love each other for real and that's all that matters!" And "the child is still hers so her husband should still feel glad!"
>>
>>2652656
It's kinda of a moot point when the "self inset" gets fucking gorily killed in one of the most horribly painful deaths i've ever read a minute after the apparently "titillating scene".

It just shows how idiotic you are, because the OPENING scene is Kanako getting raped (which again, ends with the rapists getting completely torn apart and dying in painful agony.) The so called "yuri relationship" was depurified at the start. If you we're expecting some happy romance after that, then the real moron is you.
>>
And if the novel was intended for an NTR group, why didn't they have Kanako end up with a man? Hmmmm? Kanako refuses to get married, lives as a single mother to take care of little Hatsune (whom she subconsciously lusting after), because she still is in love with Hatsune.

They don't get a happy ending? So what. Nobody in the damn game gets a happy ending. Shirogane is ripped to shreds, and forgotten. Hatsune's Thralls become vegetables. The rapists who we're preying on the girls end up being devoured alive. Kanako's father never sees his daughter again. Kanako's best friend is eaten alive. The closest thing to a "happy end" is Kanako, because of Hatsune's action
>>
File: 66587112_p19.png (1.08 MB, 1181x1748)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>2652540
>Ladykiller has more than 4 times as many sales than Fatal Twelve or Seabed
I'm not upset about those two having low sales. It's to be expected because yuri VNs are incredibly niche. But that piece of shit getting close to 10,000 sales and doing so much better than actual good yuri VNs is just depressing. I don't even understand how it got those numbers in the first place. I know the devs have some retarded fans, but I didn't think they had that many of them.
>>
>>2652673
Blame the fucking Main Stream gaming media, attention=sales. They fucking whored themselves out the stupid dev, and they thought it was a sex positive game.

At least she removed the scene. Never forget, never forgive!
>>
So...I guess there's no chance for Sekai or Mangagamer to announce an Aoishiro or Akaiito localisation?
>>
>>2652540
I'm really upset that Nurse Love Addiction only did as well as that piece of garbage Sweet Volley High. NLA is so fucking good.
>>
>>2652690
Nurse Love is thirty dollars more expensive, remember that.
>>
>more mess effect games confirmed for release

Please no
>>
>>2652643
>NTR doujins and cheating porn are also created for the self-insert of the stealer, not the cuck

Have you ever even seen an NTR doujinshi, anon? The focus is almost universally either on the woman or the cuckold (or both). Netorase, where the focus is on the bull, is pretty rare by comparison, and not usually what's meant by NTR.

But enough talking about hetshit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2652743
I kinda like the concept of a autistic lesbian going through life, but the fact it's unintentional ruins everything
>>
>>2652458
>written in the sky
>half a million players
>>
>>2652680
I'm with you nee-san but it's time to let go. Someone is trying is to find Zohar to finish the Akai Ito translation and that's the most we can hope for.
The games are pretty old and the VA mafia would ask for a ton of money especially since Akai Ito would need to be ported for PC.
>>
>>2652673
Those numbers are extremely inaccurate, anon.
>>
>>2652458
>Nights of Azure - 21,899
>Nights of Azure 2 - 5,326
Fug.
>>
>>2652771
The method that produce those figures made them very likely to be accurate, better than SteamSpy's was, although it's apparently counting something slightly different from owners.
>>
>>2652825
I saw several devs come out and say SteamSpy numbers were closer to their own than these ones before I went to bed last night, and someone saying they got a bunch of their indie dev friends together to try and work out what the numbers could represent and couldn't match them to a single one of their own metrics for owners/installs/achievements/whatever.

Others claiming that most of the top games were overestimated in the millions range.
>>
>>2652765
>but the fact it's unintentional ruins everything
The people who were making it don't understand how humans are supposed to interact, it's pretty authentic.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>2652844
In about three days at /u/'s pace.
>>
>>2652823
At least these were also released on PS3/PS4/Switch.

>>2652546
Can't say anything about SeaBed but Fatal Twelve had Sekai Project who did a shitty job on marketing. I didn't even know that the game was out until people started to talk about it here. But iirc, it was also a kickstarter project so I don't know if that affected the numbers too.
>>
>>2652643
>No het romance ever ended with a girl pregnant with the "non winner"
wrong
>>
>>2652844
As has been stated several times already in this thread, we're hanging out waiting to see if there are any more /u/ announcements at anime expo.
>>
>>2652643

In het romance, in my experience, if the story involves the protagonist being pregnant by someone other than the guy she ends up with, it's usually one of two options. Either she loves both men but for some reason can't be with the first one (he's dying, he's leaving forever) so she marries the second but keeps the first's baby, OR the first guy was a cad who abandoned her after knocking her up and the second guy was the kind gentle romantic hero who restored her faith in men by loving her anyway and not being stupidly obsessed with genetics and Defiled Forever.

In lesbian romance I've read multiple stories where one of the women was pregnant by rape before she even met the lesbian love interest. Rapist may never even have gotten a name. This is just used as a cheap plot device to create drama and a slow burn relationship while one of them has to both realise She Gay and get over her trauma in order to embrace this new love, and then when they finally fall in love they are rewarded with a 'natural' baby.

These are obviously not all stories, I haven't seen every romance in all of media, but these are the ones I've experienced.
>>
File: 20180707203416_1.jpg (272 KB, 1366x768)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
Hours in and still forever grateful to this thread for mentioning Black Closet
>>
>>2652854
You just reminded me how I downloaded the /u/ lit archive and the very first story I read had one MC being raped and impregnated and so I never bothered with a second.
>>
>>2652857
It is a surprisingly good game, glad you're enjoying it.
>>
>>2652862
The other alternative I sometimes see is that one MC has Eight Strapping Brothers who exist for the twin purposes of showing how she was raised as 'one of the boys' and so that they can provide sperm donation for the eventual lesbian couple baby.

I'm not sure I've ever seen adoption.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (326 KB, 947x1357)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>2652862
There are a handful of really enjoyable books out there. The /u/ lit thread isn't the best place to find fluffy /u/ since regulars seem to enjoy punishment but with some effort you can sift through the rubbish to find a few hidden gems.
>>
File: 1471378767009.gif (939 KB, 444x250)
939 KB
939 KB GIF
>>2652873
Oh wow.

Dropping /lit/, going back to manga, bye.
>>
>>2652867
>I'm not sure I've ever seen adoption.

Really annoys me how no one seems to consider that. I'm not the kind of person who is annoyed by male sperm donors and such but damn, am I the only person who sees nothing wrong with being adopted? Does everyone have this passive dislike/fear of adoption that makes them not consider it an option for a couple (usually) inherently incapable of having children? I've always seen it as somehow more sweet and loving due to the lack of genetic ties and always being a choice. It comes with several easy paths to drama too, for stories into that.

To help fix the lack of it I've put effort into making my own story with it as an element for a yuri couple but it turns out making games is hard and expensive.
>>
>>2652878
I feel exactly the same
>>
>>2652878
>>2652880
As do I, in fact I want to adopt more than I want my own kids, but the people I know are mystified by it. It's just because most people feel like they can't bond with an adopted child as well as one with their genes.

Are there even any games with adoption or sperm donors?
>>
File: 1452412320688.png (43 KB, 225x284)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>2652878
I feel the same, for me lesbian couples adopting a child is the cutest thing ever, it has so much potential for a nice story about family and emotional intimacy. It would be particularly great if the kid was already part of the story before.

The only similar example I can think of is Nanoha and Fate, maybe.
>>
>>2652882
Strangely I've read at least two stories where the lesbian couple finds a lost child, bonds with it, has lots of cute family moments, and then discover the kid's Real Family and have to give it back.

Because being lesbians is suffering.
>>
>>2652881
Well, also in the real world adoption is complicated, especially if you want a baby, especially if you want a white american baby that isn't suffering from drug withdrawal.

Need more heartwarming stories about adopting older kids.
>>
So today Saturday 7th at AX we have Sekai Project and Mangagamer's panels. I'm less certain of this two than JAST announcements (three out of four is not bad having into account that JAST decided to not announce Moogy's project) because leaks have not been kind, but whatever. We can hope for this:

Mangagamer:
- Kotonoha Amrilanto (this is an announcement for either AX or Otakon, and since they will just have 3 new announcements for this con my common sense tells me it will be an announcement for the later, but it's worth mentioning)
- No new SonoHana for the remaining cons announcements.

Sekai:
- They will be the editors of a few OELVN that had Kickstarters this year.

Don't expect much surprises on the yuri side, since I expected Denpasoft/Sekai to get on the Natsukon (https://vndb.org/r33971) train, but apparently not this year.
>>
>>2652897
Messed up the link, fml. This is the one: https://vndb.org/p1673
>>
>>2652898
Are any of their games any good? I see them on Dlsite now and then but they never sound that interesting.
>>
>>2652898
Just know Yurinate from them, but it was just urine, no yuri.
>>
>>2652912
They are an indie company of mostly yuri nukiges so don't expect a lot of plot. For the rest well, not bad sex or art, but meh writting. I've only played Yurinate wich was fine if you have a urination fetish (I don't so go figure if i liked it) and Itoshi noMy Master which was a lot better (my japanese is not really good, so take this with a grain of salt)
>>
File: 1512808910057.jpg (9 KB, 102x141)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2652916
>godlike name
>no yuri
Goddammit, nips.
>>
>>2652963
s-senpai, will you watch me pee?
>>
>>2652889
>Need more heartwarming stories about adopting older kids.
Don't act like I don't know why you want two teenage girls being adopted and becoming new sisters.
>>
File: peeingconnectshearts.png (1.2 MB, 1280x720)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>2652993
Of course I will.
>>
>>2653019
thank you, now i have a new set of fantasies
>>
>>2653053
Young newlywed lesbians overflowing with romance put themselves on the register to adopt a baby
Due to agency mixup they get sent a teenage girl
Hijinks ensue
>>
>>2653019
>two teenage girls
>not one young girl being adopted by a lesbian Christmas cake
You don't know anything about me, nee-san.
>>
>>2653101
lesbian princess maker when
>>
File: 1529759428843.gif (80 KB, 180x180)
80 KB
80 KB GIF
>>2653110
>Lesbian princess maker
>you can marry your daughter with other girls
>or marry her yourself
>large variety of yuri endings for all tastes and preferences
I want this.
>>
>>2652560
Not really. $20 isn't expensive for a full length title with complete voice acting.
>>
>>2653118
May I recommend you Idol Manager? Is not out yet, but supposely you train idols and can either get with them, pair them up or whatever.
>>
File: RainbowStage.png (2.01 MB, 1260x802)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
If leak is true, then MG will announce Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!
https://vndb.org/v18057
>>
>>2653131
Looks cute, thanks. I will check it out.

I wonder if there's a Kirara mode to allow me to have a women's only agency, like in New Game.
>>
>>2652873
>raped
that's a lot of rape.
>>
>>2653134
Woah, cute.
>>
>>2653134
Was about to post that. Guess Kotonoha is for Otakon, then.

Is a weird choice for their part with all the Drama CD's and shit, but well, i guess it has its fans, but it's definitelly not for me.
>>
>>2652882
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san is a bit like that.
>>
File: 93986.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>2653134
I don't know who are these two, but they are super fluffy and I already love them.
>>
>>2653134
nice

I'm in the wrong time zone to make a new thread right when the MG panel happens tonight since I think it's scheduled for midnight california.

If they do make announcements and somebody wants to do a new thread then featuring that and the Flowers date in the news post, go for it, just please try to check and update the links in the OP.
>>
>>2653143
>Guess Kotonoha is for Otakon, then.
That's only a guess people had based on one of MG's teaser hints. It might not be that.
>>
File: 1487704350337.gif (237 KB, 500x281)
237 KB
237 KB GIF
>>2653134
Easy there, don't get your hopes up too early
>>
>>2653152
Person also posted Luckydog1 with English logo. Seems like an inside job.
>>
>>2653136
Apparently you can mod it whoever you want, so it may be possible.

>>2653134
I know we don't have a lot of yuri VNs left to licence, but damn, they picked the most boring looking one.
>>
>>2653172
>boring looking
But it looks so cute and fluffy.
>>
>>2653175
This. I'm digging this fuwa fuwa style
>>
>>2653175
It sounds like 30 hours of "nothing is happening but girls doing cute things: the VN", anon. There are already like tons of animes like that every season. And I don't have time for it.
>>
>>2653185
Yeah, I'm afraid it's going to be boring as hell, just cute art.

Part of me hopes someone will rip the graphics and use them to create ridiculous fangames with.
>>
>>2653185
Then I feel the same, I absolutely love the adorable art, but I do hope there's some actual yuri in there.
>>
>>2653193
>All ages
Surely there's at least some kissu right?
>>
/vg/'s having a meltdown. I guess their jealous Mangagamer caters to us cause we actually buy their shit?
>>
File: 1499071475895.gif (42 KB, 340x340)
42 KB
42 KB GIF
>>2653211
I seriously hope you're not going to /vn/.
As for MG, well I guess they feel compelled to release more yuri after KS did so well and Maidens of Michael was unlucky.
>>
>>2653198
I hope so, at least on the cheeks, and you know the characters fallling in love.

>>2653211
Don't bring drama from other boards here, nee-chan.
>>
Anyone recall if there was any /u/ potential in Kingdom of Amalur? I recall that you can make your own character (perhaps wrongly).
>>
>>2652765
Also literally insane. Not meme-literally, literally literally.
>>
>>2653223
I vaguely remember something but it's not worth playing the game for. I think it was one scene
>>
>>2653134
>Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!
It's very cool to know the licensing surveys actually work. If we get the drama CDs and Kotonoha Amrilato as well then MG is going to be getting a lot of my money. Hoping they can get the KS translator to work on these too.
>>
>>2653134
I love the art style, I need more adorableness in my life. Beeng playing too much dark shit with bad endings recently.
>>
>>2653223
Goggle moments, but otherwise there's nothing iirc.
>>
>>2653223
Yes, you can create your own character and choose the gender.

You can marry a woman at some point during the game, I don't remember when though. And at the end the dark elf chick who's been with you for the whole game confesses to you, and you can flirt with her earlier if you have high enough skills.
>>
>>2652897
So Sekai didn't say anything about the new fault prequel game? I know it's not strictly yuri, but I did enjoy them.
>>
>>2653198
>>2653220
I looked at the CG's and they do kiss and hold hands. For me, that doesn't change the fact that there is no plot and it stll seems boring. But that's all /u/ needs these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got yuri, but not so glad that we didn't get good yuri. I'll stick to Sisterly Bliss this year, i guess.
>>
>>2653242
Sekai's panel hasn't happened yet.

The times are Pacific time zone for California.

>Sekai Project - Saturday July 7th, 3:00PM-5:00PM
>Fakku Industry Panel - Saturday July 7th, 9:30PM-10:30PM
>MangaGamer - Saturday July 7th, 11:00PM-12:00AM
>>
>>2653240
>You can marry a woman at some point during the game

Wat. I remember doing no such thing. Flirting once or twice with that woman at the end maybe, but definitely not marriage. Mind you I don't remember much of anything from it, by the time I got halfway through second area I was very bored and only finished the game out of obligation. People shit on DA:I for being boring but Amalur takes it to another level, it's actually a single player MMO.
>>
>>2653253
http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Sunhilda_Lorelle
>Sunhilda is a potential spouse in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, regardless of gender
>>
File: 1491953585112.gif (102 KB, 758x696)
102 KB
102 KB GIF
>>2653246
Nice, bit of a spoiler but that's good to know, as long the writing is cute as the art is, I'll enjoy this a lot.

Sisterly Bliss also looks really nice, I just hope I'll be able to avoid the bad ends.
>>
>>2653257
Ah, she's DLC. That explains it.
>>
>>2653246
>I looked at the CG's and they do kiss and hold hands
That sounds more than enough to be good yuri.

>>2653258
>Sisterly Bliss also looks really nice, I just hope I'll be able to avoid the bad ends.
Don't, you'll miss out on the best parts.
>>
>>2653264
>good yuri
>no plot and just sequences of cute girls doing cute things for 10-30 hours

Yeah, no. I'm out. I've seen more than enough of that to be feed up already.
>>
>>2653266
Yeah. It seems like another kindred spirits.
>>
>>2653266
With actual kisses you knucklehead. I can understand if you're talking about subtext cgdct, but it's actually yuri this time.
>>
>>2653266
>no plot and just sequences of cute girls doing cute things for 10-30 hours + yuri
That would be perfect, I'd play a little bit every day to relax.
>>
File: e30a8.gif (324 KB, 230x360)
324 KB
324 KB GIF
>>2653266
That, but it's actually cute gay couples doing cute things for 10-30 hours.

Sounds great.
>>
>>2653246
>There is no plot and it stll seems boring. But that's all /u/ needs these days.
No need to be so antagonistic anon. We take what yuri we get. And guess what? If it sells well we might other yuri titles translated.
>>
>>2653246
Fuck you.
>>2653269
Fuck you even harder. Kindred Spirits is not just cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>2653223
There's enough to be listed in one of the OP's list but it's a bit complicated. As the lists put it the yuri really is going nowhere.
The dark elf anon anon mentioned doesn't actually confess, you can catch her showing an interest but the best you'll get out her is a maybe. Same way for the marriage option, she expects to marry you but there's no way to either accept or refuse. Other than that the Maid of Windemere will become your consort if you take the "evil" path during the House of Ballads questline, and you can woo (as she puts it) your ship captain during the Dead Kel DLC.
>>
>>2653275
Well, in that same post I said I'm glad we're getting more yuri, just not so glad that we're getting the same kind of yuri again and again. This sounds like SonoHana but with no sex, just couples doing shit and that gets boring to me. But apparently I can't be feed up of that and I have to buy it because ITS YURI. I mean cool for the people who likes that, but it's not for me anymore, I've not said anything else, I even took time to look at the CG's and inform /u/ that, yeah, it's legit couples and they don't have to worry.
>>
>>2653280
Nobody's saying that you have to like or buy it.

>I've not said anything else
You said that it's not '''good''' yuri, whatever that means, like it's some objective fact.
>>
Different anon here. I'm fine with slice of life, but having an overarching plot is preferable. Supernatural and mystery elements are my favorite.

I'm also not super into the art style for Rainbow Stage. It's a bit too cutesy for me, but I can see why others might like it.

I won't write it off though and will check it out when it's released. At least it has a number of couples it focuses on so it should have some variety.
>>
>>2653284
It's was my subjective opinion, not some definitive fact, i don't come to the internet believing i hold the absolute thruth. Sorry if I offended someone because they like that kind of yuri, I already said I'm glad for ya'll just chill, not everyone likes the same.
>>
>people are complaining about getting a 30 hour plus Yuri VN
Jesus....
>>
>>2653298
>People aren't allowed to complain that they want more variety

Fuck off, /u/ isn't a hivemind. Like the other anons I'm glad it's being made but it's not my cup of tea either.
>>
>>2653298
I don't get why everyone is fighting just because some anons don't like the same things either but

>Buying everything just because it has yuri

That's the kind of mentality that gives us shit like Ladykiller in a Bind and that Volleyball visual novel.

If you don't like something that's fine and if you do that's neato too, but don't buy something just to support or because there is nothing else.
>>
>>2653319
>That's the kind of mentality
More like trans devs who have heads stuffed up their "queer" assholes.

People complaining about Lilyical rainbow need to calm down. The game is very good and that's what matters.
>>
>Seabed: Psychological/Drama
>Pygmallion of Overlapping Shadows: Action/Horror
>Flowers: Romance/Mystery
>Kindred Spirits: Slice of Life/Drama/Romance

Tell me were are these "generic" cutsy games in recent Yuri releases? There's fucking none. So when you say "variety" your just asking for the same shit. Get over yourself.
>>
>>2653323
Lilycle is all yuri, with multiple endings, many choices with many characters, excellent production value, extended story that will likely get even more content in the future (especially if this venture succeeds like KS did), and it's just one of the many good licensed /u/ games to expect in the coming years. I'm excited. I can't believe how lucky /u/ has been this year.
>>
>>2653323
You should get over yourself. The initial complaint wasn't even about variety in games, it was about variety in yuri in general. Yuri games are lucky to be so diverse but you can't deny that anime/manga is swamped SoL/idols/school girl yuri designed to rot your teeth with sweetness with minimal plot, so it's no surprise that there are anons who look forward to VN's especially because of all the ones that don't follow that trend.
>>
>>2653328
I'm getting excited for it.

And yes, great year so far for me, at least with manga and games.
>>
I remember the days when we're lucky to get a translation for a ten hour Yuri game once every four years. Be fucking grateful.
>>
>>2653346
I agree with you that anon should get over himself, people just have different preferences after all. But
>manga is swamped SoL/idols/school girl yuri designed to rot your teeth with sweetness with minimal plot
With anime I agree, but manga not really, just Kirara is kinda like that, and even them are branching out a lot recently. You are right about schoolgirls though, no denying that.
>>
>>2653353
That's a retarded mentality, friend.
>I don't like this art style, these faces are weird.
>I remember the days when we're lucky to have more than 10 polygons per the PC's face. Be fucking grateful modern characters even have faces.
See, it doesn't make sense in any other context, why would you think it does in this one?
>>
>>2653355
Idols was mainly directed at anime, which by extension breeds many doujins. There's a fair amount of SoL manga though, most of the SoL animes come from manga after all.
>>
>>2653319
No, i mean some devs thinks that just putting yuri in their shit games will make them sell. And guess what? they do! because /u/ buys everything with yuri on it because we're desperate. Just look at the numbers some games with /u/ content move, we we're talking about that earlier.

So i'm just saying that, please don't buy everything if you don't like it because we will get more shit games. Not saying Lilycle is shit, but you don't need to feel forced to buy it just because it will mean "more yuri"

>the game is very good

Well, like that's your opinion man. I agree it has high production values.

And this is what I mean >>2653353 this exact mentality.
>>
>>2653357
Those aren't the same as what he's saying, he's saying we should be grateful that there's even an interest in yuri translations now since previously no one gave a shit. And I am thankful we have moved on from 10 polygons per face.

But even though he's right and I agree with him, I am getting burned out on visual novels.
>>
People forget the only reason we're getting so much VN's is because Mangagamer knows the Yuri audience is very loyal, and we buy their games instead of pirating like the het crowd. As soon as that changes, they'll be back to translating endless het titles.
>>
>>2653322
>The game is very good and that's what matters.
Considering it's based around drama CDs I assume it has some nice VAs. But I'm not too familiar with it, so what would you say its selling points are?
>>
>>2653363
Yuri is the only thing I buy, I pirate everything else.
>>
>>2653362
There's a difference between being grateful that there is interest in translations and eating up every translation no matter what it is. I'm not terribly familiar with the game in question, but 30 hours of plotless CGDCT sounds mind-numbingly boring to me, and I'd rather support Nitroedge than this.
>>
>>2653323
Holy fuck, really? When did i said generic? My main complain was that that kind of "plot" of cute girls doing cute things (couples or not) I've seen plenty outside (and inside) VNs. But whatever, let's see:

The 10 or so SonoHana games already translated? Lilium x Triangle? Wolf's Tail? Strawberry Vinegar?

Should I go on or you get it?

This anon >>2653346 gets it. It's not hard. I've already stated that it was my opinion and said I was glad for the people who liked it, so it's not like I trashed into your tastes. People like different things and I like for something more in my VNs, that's about it.
>>
>>2653372
All incredibly short games idiot. Not proper Visual Novels.
>>
>>2653346
Not that anon. The problem with the initial complaint is that it stated that the game is not good when it's really just purely that anon's personal preference. The "variety" argument is unneeded (and false when applied to this particular medium). Also, it implies that the "generic shit" is lesser than "plot", which is demeaning to people who actually like it, to say the least.
>>
Go outside and get some air
>>
>>2653374
Plus it's simply untrue, and the yuri game market is super diverse.
>>
>>2653371
You're dismissing it entirely when you're not even familiar with it, using reasons stated by other anons who also aren't familiar with it. How is that better than eating up stuff no matter what it is?
>>
>>2653374
>which is demeaning to people who actually like it
There's nothing wrong with accepting you like plotless trash. Most of /u/ is sustained on doujins/anime/games that have no bigger purpose than being slightly entertaining and showing girls liking girls, and it's okay. But getting upset at people calling this "generic shit" is like liking Transformers and getting upset at the same thing.
Not going to say it applies to Lilycle, because it's not out yet, but you get my drift. Besides, you should be used to "my tastes > your tastes" posts by this point.

>>2653379
Why wouldn't I dismiss it if I see it's not to my taste? I don't need to invest 30 hours in a game to understand that I don't like it, that's what descriptions are for. Or do you play literally every game ever because who knows, you might end up liking it?
>>
The naysayers are sleeper agents planted in by /a/ and /vn/. Don't listen to their lies. Be hyped.
>>
>>2653362
Supporting yuri is a good cause and it is easy to avoid the bad eggs now that easy refunds are ubiquitous. I doubt that blind purchases are the phenomenon that causes bad games to get a lot of sales.

>>2653362
>burned out on visual novels
I've read thousands of chapters of yuri manga and I'm still not even close to being burned out, so where did you find enough yuri VNs to get burned out on and where can I find it?

>>2653374
At least the majority of people with common sense to make their own decisions will be unable to miss the news that this game will exist in english at some point. One overreaction by an uninformed anon and people who latched onto that opinion won't matter much in the end, because the best publicity is anything that gets people talking about it.
>>
>>2653382
>But getting upset at people calling this "generic shit" is like liking Transformers and getting upset at the same thing.
That's not "my tastes > your tastes". That's "my taste is the objectively right".

>Why wouldn't I dismiss it if I see it's not to my taste? I don't need to invest 30 hours in a game to understand that I don't like it, that's what descriptions are for. Or do you play literally every game ever because who knows, you might end up liking it?
You can wait until it's actually out and read the reviews by people who actually played the game.
>>
>>2653134
This looks great, though.
>>
>>2653388
>That's not "my tastes > your tastes". That's "my taste is the objectively right".
That's literally what "my tastes > your tastes" meme is about.

>You can wait until it's actually out and read the reviews by people who actually played the game.
Why would I? I'm not one of those cool hacker kids, but I'm perfectly capable of opening the game's vndb page, reading the description, looking at screenshots and then deciding that I'm not interested in it. Again, unless you play every game just in case you're going to like it, chances are you have some personal criteria that you base your judgment on. Most people do, at least. And this game doesn't fit my criteria of "interesting", so I'm not interested in it. Simple.
>>
>>2653373
The last two SonoHana games released by Mangagamer are all 20 fucking hours long each.

And I see we are discussing now what is a "proper" VN and what not. Just great.

>>2653374
I fucking never said "variety" yall got that out of your asses. And it obviously was my fucking prefference and opinion, which one would it be if not mine? And I never said that my tastes were superior just that i get BORED of "plots" like that, some people just scalated it to that because why the fuck would you read instead of getting butthurt because we don't have the same tastes?

Chill, get some rest, enjoy your fucking VN and that's about it. Yall need to live with people having different tastes in shit.
>>
>>2653397
You shouldn't have said that it's "not good yuri" when you barely know anything about it and are basing it on your own subjective preferences. It pisses people off, rightly so. The only objective criteria for good yuri is the existence of maintext in it, like kissing, confessions, dating, and such.
>>
>>2653408
It's not good yuri according to my tastes the same thing is good yuri according to yours. I don't see why people would get pissed at personal preferences, when I didn't trashed in other people tastes, I even said it was glad for the people who liked it.

But, anon, you invented that criteria out of your ass too wtf? For example, Ladykiller has all that, would you call it an OBJETIVELY good yuri? I think not, but It has all that you mentioned. There is not a criteria, it all comes down to personal and subjective preferences and tastes. You cannot categorize anything objectively. And I never did.
>>
>>2653417
Why do you keep comparing things to Ladykiller? Are you obsessed with it or something?
>>
>>2653397
Now you're the one overreacting.
>Yall
>>>/out/

>>2653408
>The only objective criteria for good yuri is the existence of maintext in it, like kissing, confessions, dating, and such
You're describing a criteria of "yuri", not "good yuri", though. Try making a thread titled "Atlach Nacha is a good yuri VN" and see what happens.
>>
Rainbow Stage being possibly similar to Sono Hanabira is likely the point. Sono Hanabira is popular in the west, so something similar to it that could be put on Steam safely was likely a safe choice, especially after what happened to Maidens of Michael.
>>
>>2653417
Your ESL is showing.
>>
>>2653419
Keep? I've only mentioned Ladykiller once... what?

I mentioned it because it's the only general consensus in the history of /u/: It's shit.
>>
>>2653422
Atlach Nacha is a very good VN.
>>
>>2653423
>Maidens of Michael
RIP
>>
>>2653428
You missed a key word in your post.
>>
File: 1485129418143.gif (220 KB, 250x250)
220 KB
220 KB GIF
>>2653134
I'm reading about the characters, the game looks super fluffy with the girls so in love with each other.

This drama CD thing is something I never tried before, might be a nice new way to experience yuri, particularly the Maid x Ojou-sama couple, I love this kind of thing.
>>
>>2653417
My point is, don't use "good yuri" because it implies that it's a fact, something inherent to the game itself, not to your own opinion. Just saying that you don't like that type of game is more appropriate I think
>>
>>2653452
I'd like to add that you can say something is good/bad, but after it's out so you can at least gauge the reviews and form an informed opinion after that.
>>
>>2653134
The age gap pairing looks super adorable!
>>
there used to be lilycle anons, i wonder if they're still alive
>>
>>2653134
Ehehe, found some playthrough, hearing Akari being so gay and lewd feels so weird.
>>
Sekai Project just finished the panel and.... It's fucking nothing.

Demo of the OELVN The Waters Above, tho.
>>
SAVE US MANGAGAMER SAVE US!
>>
>>2653562
Well, not really expecting anything frlom them at the moment. Besides, they keep fucking shit up lately. Don't know if you heard about the Maitetsu mess since it's not /u/
>>
>>2653568
Yeah, I've heard, I like visual novels in general, not only yuri, so unfortunatelly I know all their fuck ups. I'm still mad at the whole Balrd Sky thing.

I just informed in case no one elses checks twitter or they want to read The Waters Above.
>>
>>2653568
>westerners translated Maitetsu
What, I remember hearing about Maitetsu being some kind of train otaku VN where the porn was just a extra bonus non-canon to the story, and that it was hard to get proper enjoyment out of it without being a train fanatic.

Why would even localize something like that? I don't know if train otaku are a thing in the west.

The het self-insert VNverse perplexes me, judging by what I see getting popular I'd expect nothing but psychological horror/creepy troll/wacky VNs to be translated, but what actually does doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>2653583
As far as I know, it got translates because lolisfags keep asking for it, no one in the west is interested in Maitetsu because of the trains.
>>
>>2653583
>train otaku

Pedophiles
>>
>>2653583
>Why would even localize something like that?
because you can sell it on steam claiming it's for people obsessed with trains (train simulators are a big thing) while also selling it to the lolicons
>>
>>2653574
Is this different than The Waters Above: Prelude that I installed on steam a week ago?
>>
>>2653583
Whose fucking idea was it to make a VN about trains anyways?
>>
>>2653592
I'm ok with that, trains look cool.

But why are all the little train girls not in love with each other, that's what why don't understand.
>>
>>2653592
nerrrrrrrrrds
>>
>>2653592
Japan train otaku are something else. Train otaku don't really exist outside of places that aren't dependent on trains for transportation.

It's like if someone made a VN about hot women that are also muscle cars.
>>
>>2653593
>multi track drifting yuri
Radical.
>>
>>2653590
At first, I assumed they released the demo of the full game, but nope. For them "demo" means "free prelude" already released.
>>
>>2653595
Or if someone made a game about cute girls that are also warships, amirite?
>>
>>2653601
Sounds silly, it would never get popular.
>>
>Flowers 2
>Flowers 3
>Rainbow

Decent haul, very decent haul.
>>
>>2653595
Trainspotters are more British than American but even in the US there are obsessive model railway collectors
>>
>>2653604
And it isn't over yet either, MG announces in a few hours still right?
>>
>>2653607
Rainbow is MG. Someone on /jp/ leaked their announcements.
>>
>>2653323
SeaBed is a psychological anti-drama in that it avoids any semblance of horror, clear cut character development or direct catharsis. The developer also insisted on avoiding the description of emotions in the prose so that the reader can actually think and understand for themselves instead of being spoonfed pre-conceived notions and attitudes and dramatizing the conflicts of the characters for simple entertainment. It's a very bold and empathetic approach that lets those really into the story go on something of a spiritual journey rather than invoking mere escapism.

It also has this uncanny and dreamlike feeling to it with how it's structured in addition to the monotony of tone, it's pretty confusing and ambiguous half the time while mostly talking mundane subjects. That's not to say it's boring or anything, it was a very personal experience for me. I cried quite a bit in some of the later chapters and I rarely ever do that in fiction. I feel like most people don't appreciate how unique and well written it really is, not just in the yuri scene but in the entire medium of visual novels.
>>
2 more hours!
>>
>>2653667
Thank you for expressing what I can't. SeaBed is really special.
>>
>>2653667
>don't appreciate how unique and well written it really is
Most people here don't read Japanese, so that's probably part of it.
>>
>>2653676
It has an English release.
>>
>>2653667
I wish more people gave this game a chance, it's truly something unique.
>>
IT'S OFFICIAL WERE GETTING RAINBOW CYCLE!
>>
>There's some fuckwit on /vn/ whose ranting about how nobody actually buys Yuri titles, and that it's a Jewish conspiracy by Mangagamer.
Somebody's been drinking the Dies Koolaid...
>>
>>2653595
>hot women that are also muscle cars
>Car Lesbians that is literally about lesbian cars
Would buy in an instant.

>>2653667
>The developer also insisted on avoiding the description of emotions in the prose so that the reader can actually think and understand for themselves instead of being spoonfed pre-conceived notions and attitudes and dramatizing the conflicts of the characters for simple entertainment.
Sounds something I wouldn't enjoy, considering I check the box for emotional connections in life by playing vidya. Ah well, can still refund it.
>>
>>2653762
And they say /pol/ isn't leaking.
>>
>>2653762
What did I tell about /vn/ ?
Just don't.
I'm ok with this MG announcement. I hope we'll get Kotonoha Amrilato after this. Other than that I don't even know what yuri titles are worth it/ they can actually get.
>>
>>2653730
Wow, that's great.

I'll not contain my hype anymore, time to enjoy some fluffy love.
>>
>>2653762
Don't bring drama from other boards here, nee-san.
>>
>>2653826
This. There's already enough ridiculous drama here
>>
File: Spoiler Image (167 KB, 896x502)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>2653134
Lilycle is super cute, any chance of getting the Drama CDs to sell in the west as well I wonder? They are really enjoyable.
>>
>>2653832
I think that we can get them if it sells well enough, just like what happened with KS.
>>
Finally got around to playing Highway Blossoms. I was prepared to find Amber annoying but I liked her character and thought her arc was great.
Despite hearing a lot of complaints about that RV scene I have no idea how saintlike people here think they are if they honestly think they wouldn't be acting the same way if they were stressing out over maybe taking advantage of someone they loved, just lost their most important memento from their recently deceased father figure, and their RV/childhood home broke down at the same time.
Pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a bland cute pure lesbians doing cute things roadtrip.
>>
>>2653839
Did they cook meth in the RV?
>>
fresh thread:
>>2653865
>>
>>2653849
Yes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.