[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 2.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>2645277

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/8hike2WU
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Lily Lyric Cycle: >>2405678
Honkai Impact 3: >>2642377
Sono Hanabira: >>2640209
Life is Strange: >>2576896
Valkyrie Drive: >>2494796
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2559052
Akai Ito + Aoishiro: >>2543585
>>
File: c2_erika0.jpg (48 KB, 553x553)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Recent News:
Flowers - Le Volume Sur Ete - out in physical form at Anime Expo, up for preorder on Jlist, and expected on Steam on July 16th. Licensing for Automne announced, vaguely expected mid-2019.
No real answer on Tokyo Necro either yes or no, just a 'maybe someday' shrug.
Mangagamer picked up the rights to Lilycle Rainbow Stage
>>
File: 1530455339928.png (15 KB, 144x203)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2653865
Lilycle looks really nice, I'm excited for it.

Just now I realized there was a thread for it since months ago, wew.
>>
Lilycle is great news, but I still want Kotonoha Amrilato because that game was amazing and more people should play it, especially now it's getting a sequel / prequel / whatever it is. The "language" clue still hasn't fit any of the announcements, right?
>>
>>2653891
We've had them at all times almost for over 5 years actually, though the current one is only a couple months old.
>>
>>2653909
Woah, so this series has beeing going on for a while, I hope this localization means good things for the fans in the near future.
>>
File: 1497320627474.gif (412 KB, 283x283)
412 KB
412 KB GIF
Any chance of a new Sonohana localization being announced at Otakon?
>>
>>2653909
Some of the Drama CDs are even translated as well, that's awesome.
>>
>>2653926
As a translator of those it's pretty disappointing how few people were aware of it, even though I mentioned the translations outside of Ririkuru threads when possible and they were linked in OP for a long while. Then again I'm happy now that Ririkuru is getting the attention as they will reach more people - all you could ask for as a translator.
>>
File: 1529770142644.png (524 KB, 1377x1080)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>2653926
>>2653934
Neat, thanks for the translations, nee-san.

I hope it sells well and gets popular, looks like such a cute series, fluffy yuri like this is a gift from heaven.
>>
File: unnamed.png (316 KB, 700x793)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
magical warrior diamond heart on kickstarter
>>
>>2653919
That franchise started as a series of drama CD, each following a different couple. There are fan translation for a few of them, you should read them to know what to expect. The VN is a sequel to those drama CD so you will miss their backstories.
>>
>>2653962
Neat. I played the demo ages ago. Any major changes?
>>
I finally decided to emulate Rule of Rose the other day and finished it not long ago. I have to say I'm surprised at how forward they were with how the girls interacted, especially Meg and Wendy. As refreshing as it was how the relationship between Wendy and Jennifer was the catalyst for the game's events, it's a shame it only gets revealed towards the end. Wendy comes off as debatable with her love for Jennifer though because it could easily be seen as dangerous obsession from loneliness rather than actual love. Meg on the other hand was legit in her devotion to Diana, which was actually sweet to see. Too bad Diana is an actual, manipulative cunt to her. I wasn't expecting much since it is based in 1930 but with the overall tone of the game it seemed easy and natural to pull off, athough a side-effect is that because of the genre everything is made to come off as creepy or disturbing. I like the game, the combat and gameplay aren't great but I really enjoyed setting and got into the plot.

There was nothing worth banning the game over though, nothing that couldn't fit a PEGI rating. Classic example of baseless fear-mongering winning over reason.
>>
>>2654164
It only got banned in the UK, the game was available everywhere else.
Such a good game. I hope Déraciné will be a spiritual successor, and that it won't be VR only.
>>
>We got a new thirty hour VN!
It was a good day lassies.
>>
File: risu.gif (641 KB, 540x304)
641 KB
641 KB GIF
>>2654183
It's super cute and fluffy yuri as well, can't wait.
>>
>>2653866
I missed out on buying Flowers in the sale...i have the pirated version but i might shell the full price, even more now that it got confirmed they are gonna keep releasing the sequels.
Innocent Grey needs to do at least a couple more yuri VNs, i love their style.
>>
>>2654185
Personally I wish they would do a yuri game that had the plot, gameplay, and explicit sexuality elements of their horror line.

Jaded female private investigator solves murder mystery while sleeping with an ever-dwindling cast of femme fatales.
>>
>>2654172
I know, I'm from the UK. Hence why I had to emulate it because there's no way I'm paying at least £100 for an overseas copy, regardless if it's good or not.

I very much doubt Déraciné will be anything other than VR, it reeks of the kind of game that was made specifically for VR. It probably won't intentionally be a spiritual successor, but it still sounds interesting.
>>
File: 20180708003519_1.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Checked out The Waters Above: Prelude on steam. Free 10-20 minute sort of demo, I assume it being a prelude and separate entry on steam means it is worth reading now even if you would normally wait for a finished product. It is 4 quick fluffy stories but with some dark, two or three of which are gay. The art is adorable as fuck. If you don't mind being spoiled on the gist of them:

>literal star child playing in the sand, seems to be in love with their princess-ish "mother" caretaker? Being a literal star they seem to not have a gender but act feminine?
>dinner date between the princess and a tomboy
>those two waking up naked on the sand after coitus
>josef mengele the cute loli experimenting on herself

If the above doesn't make it clear or if you don't check it, the developer's website description expressly states those two in the middle are girlfriends. I feel like the note at the end of the prelude mentioned vaguely when the release is (I thought this year?) but I can't figure out how to get it up again.

Writer appears to be a gay somewhat-yurifag named Ally Kaye who I don't think has done anything else? When asked if the game would have any trans characters she said something to the effect of "Not really, all the sea nymphs are girls so they don't even know what being a dude is", but all the characters who are stars will have no gender.
>>
>>2654172
>>2654164
It wasn't banned, the publisher pulled it because the bad publicity.
>>
File: 20180708015049_1.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>2654195
Same studio is working on a visual novel called Heart of the Woods with a demo so I figured I'd check that out too. It is about the main character and her gay as fuck friend going off into some creepy woods to hunt down paranormal stuff for their youtube channel or something. Same writer as Highway Blossoms, and reminded me of it as I read enough to not surprise me when I learned that.

Not a prelude like the other, the demo is a selection of several chunks of the game: the start of their journey, some bits in the middle, and if you get the 18+ patch there is a bit near the end. Has a gay ghost paired with a girl and then what seemed to be another yuri pairing in the works but as I looked into stuff developer said your gay as fuck friend I mentioned is actually a trans woman. So uh, I didn't mind the star thing earlier but that kind of shot down my enthusiasm for a character I thought I'd really like. At least the gay ghost girl gets really thirsty.

If that doesn't kill any hype you may have this one actually has a listed release date, late december this year.
>>
>>2654190
Yeah, i agree or some syfy stuff i remember they did stuff like that too.
>>
File: Fucking AAAAAHHHH.png (126 KB, 414x282)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>2654200
>trans woman
Meh, can still work, even if it isn't yuri. As long as it's not the "I'm built like Arnold Schwarzenegger but I consider myself a girl so I'm a girl" kind that's so prevalent nowad-

>two people going into a creepy forest to hunt down paranormal stuff for their youtube channel
Pic related. Now I'm triggered beyond belief.
>>
>>2654227
>can still work
>even if it isn't yuri
I see a contradiction here.
>>
>>2654230
I meant it can work for me, on a case by case basis. If it's not brought up I for one can find it an easy fact to ignore but if it is a big deal then it can piss right off.
>>
>>2654227
Reading through it I was convinced they were a girl, only hint as to otherwise being a mention of meds early but I figured that was because they were ADD as fuck. Though they never calm down so in hindsight probably wasn't medication for that.

At the very least in the demo that character flirts with a 4th character (a fan) while the main character has secret liaisons with gay ghost girl instead. Don't see romance of your friend and the fan in the demo but the menu graphics imply they are a thing to my eyes.
>>
>>2654195
>>2654200
I'm pretty disappointed the more I hear about these which is a shame because the art was growing on me. When these games were announced months ago it didn't look like it was getting much interest here because of the genderless red flag, and it looks like it was good intuition for once. Now that heart of the woods revealed /u/nwanted detail I'm feeling no confidence that waters above won't follow suit to extinguish the few good expectations I have left for it.
>>
>>2654200
Is it kinetic? Because if that's just an option it can be avoided for people who don't like it.

The steam description makes it sound like the romance ie between the protag and the ghost, not the friend but I haven't played any of this
>>
>>2654230
How purityfag do you have to be for the existence of a side character to make a game "not yuri"?
>>
>>2654256
Seems like it? Don't know for sure though.

>>2654271
The friend is a main character, but I don't know how much screen time they get. Wasn't much in the demo due to MC running off to hang out with ghost girl alone in three of the 5-6 scenes they show.
>>
>>2653891
>>2653909
Unfortunately, most of the threads contained only bump posts. Really hoping there'd be some news sometime.
>>
>>2654256
Is this the ghost girl?
>>2645277
>>
>>2654282
Yeah that's ghost girl on the left and MC on the right. Same people here >>2654200
>>
>>2654276
>MC running off to hang out with ghost girl alone
She has a future as horror movie material. Not so much as a paranormal investigator, though.
>>
>>2654285
Looks to me like the ghost is the love interest, or is there any good reason to believe otherwise?
>>
>>2654286
I mean, if a cute ghost girl waved at me from a creepy forest, my biggest concern would be not tripping over myself as I run to her. Yes, I'm quite lonely.

>>2654242
Eh, if it's optional, then it's fine, as long as you as a player get that information before you need to make any choices regarding romancing that character.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (375 KB, 1920x1080)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>2654288
Yeah it is her, the 18+ scene added by the patch for the demo is her and the MC. As into women as the friend is they spend their time hitting on fans instead of the main character or being off in the woods looking for cryptids with the guide, and their 4th wall breaking version for the purpose of explaining the jumpcuts throughout the demo congratulate MC on going out on a date and such.

Here's the demo 18+ CG if you want to see it. Ghost girl is surprisingly aggressively into it.
>>
>>2654303
>before you need to make any choices regarding romancing that character.
from what they said on itch there aren't even any romance route choices, i'm pretty sure you're just romancing the ghost
>>
>>2654304
GHOST CUNNILINGUS WOO WOO WOO!
>>
>>2654304
Thank you for that. I was a bit worried.
The ghost seems cute and unless I hear anything about getting the friend forced on us in some way, I think I'll buy it.
The art looks great.
>>
File: 1471439005872.gif (675 KB, 600x338)
675 KB
675 KB GIF
>>2654304
Delicious.

>>2654308
Aw, you beat me to it.
>>
>>2654304
This ghost girl is not nearly ghosty enough for me
Where are my spooky cute ghost girls
>>
>>2654306
As long as the friend doesn't interfere with my obvious disregard for safety and horrible life decisions regarding my love interests, I'm fine with them chugging meds like a depressed train conductor on a transcontinental ride.

>>2654304
>from reading books together in an abandoned church (?) to face-sitting
She knows how to have fun. Perspective looks kinda weird, though. Also, hard to tell she's a ghost when she's literally just a human being but with a weird name.
>>
>>2654309
>A fantasy yuri visual novel filled with magic, fairies, and a ghost girl.
It would be incredibly dishonest of them since it explicitly markets itself as yuri only, but knowing how bad most /u/ devs are I'm not holding my breath over this one. I'm not going to entertain the idea of buying this until every scene with the friend is ripped apart here.
>>
>>2653923
I hope so, though I doubt it.
>>
>>2654315
>It would be incredibly dishonest of them since it explicitly markets itself as yuri only

There are people who consider trans to count as "yuri only".
I've encountered it often enough over the last year to be worried.

I don't particularly worry about the friend if she isn't a love interest though.
>>
>>2654315
>It would be incredibly dishonest of them since it explicitly markets itself as yuri only
Yes. It is totally dishonest for any game marketed as yuri to contain any reference to any character who has ever once even slightly considered deviating from the yuri ideal.
I mean, what if the protagonist's mother once had sex with a man? Not a yuri game.
>>
>>2654314
>Also, hard to tell she's a ghost when she's literally just a human being but with a weird name.

Yeah I wouldn't mind if she was a bit more ghost-ly, it seems to be portrayed lightly with her personality and backstory so far. Mostly through her desire for the physical contact and intimacy denied to her for so long. Spoilers revealed by the demo, she starts off mute (and intangible it seemed?) and that scene in the church is the MC bringing a book of baby names so she can point out her name. Through something unknown to me she later becomes able to speak, and presumably, interact with others through touch. There's also some ghost and/or fairy magic she uses to bring you to a private lake.
>>
>>2654319
I believe that anon meant "it would be dishonest to force you into a romance with a trans", not the presence of a trans character in general.
>>
>>2654320
That sounds pretty cute, I feel that I will like her a lot.
>>
>>2654321
Don't forget that this kind of thing has happened before so it's not absurd to be warry
>>
>>2654321
The focus of the game is the MC and the ghost girl. There are no other romance options. Whatever MC's trans bestie does with her friend shouldn't matter, since it won't interfere with the main pairing.
>>
>>2654315
I'm hoping the friend will simply be the "unlucky with love platonic best friend" character that pops up a lot in hetro harem shit.
>>
Is the muh trans panic going to be a daily feature of these threads now?
>>
>>2654350
Where's the panic?
>>
>>2654352
People too paranoid to even try the game until completely assured trans friend isn't a romance option. (She isn't FYI, since the game is about MC falling in love with the ghost girl).
>>
>>2654320
>Through something unknown to me she later becomes able to speak, and presumably, interact with others through touch
Attachment. Ghosts can do that, but only the malevolent ones are more active in their interactions.
>>
>>2654355
Making sure a game isn't about something you dislike is hardly paranoia. Its just having preferences.
And its not like this kind of thing hasn't happened before.
>>
>>2654361
Oh no there was a trans romance option in a game you played once you're literally scarred for life
>>
>>2654355
So it's not actually a panic, just people wanting to be sure the game is actually yuri. This game looks fine but it could've been another ladykiller.
>>
>>2654361
It has never been an issue with this dev. They released Highway Blossoms, so it isn't some random unknown team.
>>
>>2654355
I think that's reasonable. Let us not forget the other "all yuri" western VN related to trans things.

If it has a good price when released I wouldn't mind taking the plunge and reporting back, I enjoyed Highway Blossoms and dig supernatural stuff, plus the art is cute. Though personally I'm more interested in the sea nymph one.
>>
>>2654363
>scarred for life
No one said that. I want to know if the game is worth buying or not.
>>
>>2654363
I have no idea why you are being so hyper sensitive about people wanting to make sure a yuri game they want to buy is actually yuri.

I just don't want to waste money on a product I won't enjoy. Simple enough.
>>
>>2654366
It's paranoia. Game's enire premise is around MC in love with ghost girl. People assuming trans friend is involved with MC in any way are completely ignoring the story and that trans character interacts with a side character, not the MC.
>>
>>2654368
That wasn't even about trans things, that was an outright lie. So was the other one.

Anyway, there's really not much point in continuing to hash this stuff out until the game launches.
>>
>>2654376
People asked because they didn't know what the story really contained, hence why they asked.

Its called "informing yourself".
>>
>>2654376
Yes that wasn't clear at first.
If you're not following the conversation why even bother to post.
>>
>>2654379
The entire summary of the game shows it's a love story between MC and ghost girl. Then dev made one random comment about a side character and now people are too afraid to try the game.
>>
>>2654381
It was very clear to anyone who's seen the game summary or looked into it at all. Anyone that scared of trans romance just freaked out over off hand dev comment about MC's friend.
>>
>>2654384
Stop being so defensive. I think it's perfectly legitimate to be concerned about the presence of a trans character since said character could have a surprise romance route even if the summary doesn't say that, and that could be a deal breaker for some people.
>>
>>2654381
It's kind of funny that this time the overreactions aren't the initial posters. Everyone was calmly trying to suss out information from the demo and it was only the follow up anons who freaked out over other people not immediately taking a dev at their word.
>>
>>2654387
The story is completely about MC meeting ghost girl, while trans character hangs out with their fan. A romance route with trans character doesn't even fit into the narrative./u/ should consider what dev they're talking about before they post.
>>
Just played the demo and the characters are obnoxious as fuck. How do people enjoy this things?
>>
>>2654387
Alternatively, even though the demo does not show anything from a perspective other than the main character's, it could be that there are scenes from the POV of the trans friend who will likely be matched up with her fan. If I was going to read something with romance and it had two pairings typically I would certainly want to see the second pairing more than just through someone else's eyes, I would think. Kindred Spirits wouldn't have been any fun if you were just Yuna, which is something for a writer to consider.

I won't jump to conclusions but it's fine to not want to take the risk and wait for others to do so for you, or not purchase/play on principle, I think.
>>
>>2654401
Didn't Katahane do the same thing?
>>
>>2654195
Is "stars" a new term or are we talking like Mario stars given human form?
>>
File: 20180708004011_1.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>2654494
Not sure what it is like in Mario but here it seems like they almost mean an actual star somehow taking a human form. It seems many people where they live work as caretakers of the "stars that light up the night sky", which kind of makes them sound like normal stars yet somehow they have memories and material can be extracted from them for some purpose as well, and of course one spontaneously turning into a child is a thing that can apparently happen.

They remark that the child is the first star to become a human (or something) in ten thousand years, and no one seems to know why or how this happened. The child can hear the voices of other stars from the past, present, and future but they don't seem keen on answering questions.

Overall the prelude's intentions seemed to be showing off the type of content one could expect (fluffy with dark, weird setting, yuri, the art) as well as displaying the tone and atmosphere rather than answering questions about what was going on.
>>
File: 20180708004132_1.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>2654524
Err think it's only a hundred years, not ten thousand. Might have confused that for a different number somewhere.
>>
welp the harem protagonist game crashed and burned, can't say I didn't see it coming but it still bums me out
>>
>>2654590
That was a genderbend, so nothing really lost. Well except $73,000 worth people's money
>>
>>2654594
>$73,000
For a fucking VN?!
WTF
>>
>>2654609
It has jiggling boobs
>>
>>2654594
it wasn't there was going to be a actual yuri mode with a separate female protagonist.
>>
File: twap.jpg (460 KB, 1600x900)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>2654524
>>2654531
Since you seem to be interested in Twap, maybe you'd like to check out a "hidden" scene.
You can access it by unpacking script.rpa and adding act1.rpy to one of the screens.rpy links. OR if you don't wanna fuck about with the files, here it is: https://www101.zippyshare.com/v/StJCvP91/file.html

Copy the file into the "The Waters Above Prelude\game" folder (keep a copy of the original script.rpa).
Start the game and click on the first story, Remind Me. That should open the new scene.

It seems to be part of the main game. Maybe an old demo?
>>
>>2654617
I would be very interested in that. Thank you kind oneesama and thank you very much for making it easier.
>>
>>2654617
>>2654675
This is my kind of shit thanks friend. might play just for hidden content.
>>
>>2654590
Which VN are you talking about?
>>
File: twap-voices.jpg (180 KB, 1292x646)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>2654701
>>2654675
Glad I could help.
Also, there are some weird commented lines in the script for the first scene. Check pic, the ones that start with #.
They seem to be the voices of the stars. Very freaky. You can't see them in-game though.
>>
>>2653839
>Finally got around to playing Highway Blossoms. I was prepared to find Amber annoying but I liked her character and thought her arc was great.
>Despite hearing a lot of complaints about that RV scene I have no idea how saintlike people here think they are if they honestly think they wouldn't be acting the same way if they were stressing out over maybe taking advantage of someone they loved, just lost their most important memento from their recently deceased father figure, and their RV/childhood home broke down at the same time.

Amber was such a cunt to Saint Marina at that point, the only upside of her needless and totally self induced drama was how things went with Mariah after that. I would have rathered less shallow treasure hunting adventure than post coital melodramatic meltdown. Didn't stop it being a phenomenal game with great characters

While the game is fresh in your mind though, when do you reckon Marina worked out that Amber was a raging lesbian?
>>
>>2654719
Well that's cool as fuck. That "Leanna" one is particularly interesting, considering the third and hidden stories. Also interesting that the voices don't speak again after Maera shows up.
>>
Anyone figured out if Octopath Traveller is /u/ yet?
>>
>>2654715
I'm guessing it's this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/215870777/harem-protagonist
>>
>>2653865
There are 7 girls here. I assume three couples and a third wheel.
>>
>>2655408
The green-eyed blonde in the foreground is one of the protagonists and so part of the main triangle. The rest of the girls are neatly ordered by couple: brown and red, violet and white, blonde and blue.
>>
>>2655420
Main triangle? The blonde and any couple she chooses?
>>
>>2655431
The game has a trio of protagonists, her and two others not pictured here, Tamaki (pictured), Yuuno, and Saeka (you can see them in the middle of the cover picture) that form the main triangle the game is about and can end up in any configuration (Tamaki/Yuuno, Tamaki/Saeka, Yuuno/Saeka, Tamaki/Yuuno/Saeka).
The side couples (all others) are all set.
>>
>>2655447
Well not them but now I'm excited for it. That's a whole lot of gay for one title.
>>
>>2655447
>Tamaki/Yuuno/Saeka
Oh nice.

I'm more interested in the side couples so far actually, got the Drama CDs, it starts right away with the classic friendship into love kind of romance and so far it's absurdly cute, sweet and gay. The servant x master one also looks exciting with the maid being so thirsty.
>>
alpha adventures is dead too, Christ what is going on
>>
>>2656131
Fucking great proof(s) you got there chief.
>>
>>2654590
€70 Down the drain.
>>
>>2656132
Not who you are replying to, but there's been no news about it in quite a while now.
>>
>>2656148
I wouldn't say 3 months is quite a while. Wake me up when it's But I Love You tier dead
>>
>>2656148
>>2656131
It's almost like you people have no concept of how long it takes to get shit done sometimes.
I mean, it could be dead. Goodness knows enough projects do die, and I haven't seen AAdev around here lately. But don't declare it like a fact without some actual evidence. "No news for a while" is not weird in indie games that don't hire dedicated bullshit artists to make fake updates for them while they're doing boring things.
Personally I'm more annoyed about Caramel Mokkacino, which still gets updates posted but the game was supposed to be out TWO YEARS AGO.
Last update says that the free GxG side game they promised is progressing well and "maybe next update they'll have a release date for it".
>>
>>2654590
Glad I didn't back it.
>>
>>2656175
I feel your pain and then some.
>>
rinka butt pillow
(speaking of kickstarter)
>>
>Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX, Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX, and Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland DX for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan on Sept 20th

Hopefully it makes its way here soon. I've wanted to play these after Sophie but I'm glad I put off buying the vita version not that I would ever buy it unless it went on sale below the absurd $80 price it sits at all the time.
>>
File: DSC010905.jpg (35 KB, 600x387)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>DarkSiders 3 comes out November

Are we expecting anything?
>>
>>2656257
That confirmed? Gimme source. Also no, we shouldn't have much expectations until we can actually play it. I wouldn't even expect sexy Lust considering Sloth, of all things, is a fat bug.
>>
>>2656257
I didn't play Darksiders but why would you expect any yuri from it? Isn't the protagonist a big buff dude?
>>
>>2656266
>I didn't play
Please look into the games you're trying to talk about before posting.
>>
>>2656259
>considering Sloth, of all things, is a fat bug
>of all things
Do you know what sloth means?
>>
>>2656267
I HAVE played Darksiders and Darksiders 2 but why would you expect any yuri from it? Because yes, the protagonists are big buff dudes.
>>
>>2656270
>Death
>big and buff
He's otter mode at best. However, I'm in agreement with you regarding yuri prospects. There's nothing to expect until we get the game. I'm also not the OP, I just really like the games.
>>2656268
You'd think a game that uses Heaven and Hell imagery+apocrypha, they'd make Gluttony the bug considering devil association and just sin relation. The best sloth nod from bug Sloth is the fact that its initially being carried around. So yes, they could've chosen something better for Sloth since Sloth isn't just laziness.
>>
>>2656300
Jesus christ
>>
>>2656270
And it seems like you don't know anything about the third game. The new protagonist is Fury (female).
>>
File: knowthatfeel.jpg (122 KB, 483x275)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>2656239
Every email I get from LRG makes me more and more resentful. I'm doubtful it will ever be released at this point.
>>
>>2656273
>He's otter mode at best.
His upper body is wider than Dad of War's.
>>
>muscular men
Ew.

But Fury looks really cool, I hope I don't need to play the previous ones for this one.
>>
>>2656468
You didn't for 2, so you won't for three. Still shouldn't expect anything
>>
Can someone tell me how many endings does Valkyrie Drive have? Just got the normal ending and unlock the true end route. Wondering if there is anything after that. I'm on a time constraint and even though I love this game I'd like to wrap it up.
>>
>>2656175
You didn't really think a bunch of amateurs could do an entire visual novel in six to seven months did you?
>>
>>2656468
I mean the previous games are worth playing if you like zelda clones with hack'n slash-style combat and a 90's death metal comic book aesthetic with some cool lore, but as >>2656489 said don't expect much /u/. In fact, the series doesn't have much in the way of romance at all.
>>
>>2656505
Nah second end is it. It's a huge slog to get all the achievements though, nearly impossible.
>>
File: sept05-1 (6).jpg (60 KB, 900x509)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
In Black Closet, is it possible to keep Thais on the council after you go on a date with her sister?

I put 15 fucking points into her intimidation like, a day before she ragequit...
>>
>>2656257
>get mildly sadistic bog-standard whip-wielding dominatrix faux action gurl horseman "fury"
>could have gotten creepy-sexy too-close-for-comfort debufftastic mega sadist pestilence

God I hate mainstream devs and their mainstreamness.
>>
>>2656154
I'm so glad I never noticed that existed till after the KS funding period was over, because I would absolutely have jumped on it if I'd known about it beforehand.
>>
>>2656537
You can't stop her from flouncing out but it's possible to get her to come back later depending on how you handle what happens next.
>>
>>2656558
>debuff pestilence anywhere close to fun and exciting
Dots only work if you can do self-triggered explosions/executes to speed things along and function as aoe
>>
>>2656562
Ah shit, I take that to mean I should have solved put my back into solving the harassment by the fan club....

Oh well, I guess I'll have to do another Althea run some time cos I really enjoy Thais' scenes and gotta catch em all. I always imagine her lines with Grey DeLisle's Azula voice.

I love this game.
>>
>>2656566
>self-triggered explosions/executes to speed things along and function as aoe
I mean, this works for Warframe, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>2656594
Warfram's also a terrible mess and Saryn isn't that great. Besides Fury and Strife have been known since ds1, we can only hope her design gets tweaked into being better
>>
>>2656602
>Warfram's also a terrible mess
Questionable.

>Saryn isn't that great
Depends on what you mean by "great", but regardless, this isn't my point. Point is, she works, and she's not the only example of a DoT-heavy class that relies on explosions to spread more DoTs around. I'm pretty sure either warlocks or mages in WoW have something similar, as well as probably a dozen of various MOBA characters.

>her design gets tweaked into being better
Wasn't there gameplay footage with her already? If so, this is unlikely.
>>
>>2656604
I know they changed her appearance from the original teaser trailer to look less obviously like Jessie from Pokemon, but that was a while ago, and I haven't paid much attention since that first teaser.
>>
>>2656602
>Saryn isn't that great.
I distinctly recall her being broken as fuck for the past couple of reworks she's gotten.
>>
>>2656736
There is a new 11 minute gameplay footage up on IGN

The game looks fine, obviously AA instead of AAA but I do wish she had a different looking armor.
>>
Do we have actual confirmation that Fury's coming out in November?
>>
>>2656747
Yes.

While I like we may some Yuri potential with Fury, I wish we got to play Death again, he was a glorious prick.
>>
>>2656749
Just play d2 or in the mythological fifth game with all four of them, and is the confirmation in that new gameplay vid or whatever? I need to look it up but if it's there then I'll stop looking for confirmation.
>>
>>2656742
If you preorder on GOG there's an exclusive armor or armor skin or something.
>>
>>2656517
D/a but how long does it take amateurs to turn out a 10-hour kinetic VN? I've been thinking about making one and I thought that the script draft should have been done before opening a KS, then the remaining time is mostly to let artists and programmers do their job, which shouldn't be more than 3-4 months.
>>
File: 1492660612616.gif (694 KB, 500x280)
694 KB
694 KB GIF
>>2656814
I've been making one all by myself for 9 years, 5 hours long so far.

Haha.
>>
>>2656814
Plenty of people turn out games in a month but they aren't ten hours long.

Artists can be slow as fuck though, so while they technically could get the job done in 3-4 months, that doesn't mean they will.You're usually not paying enough for them to make your project their fulltime concern, they're doing it on the weekends between other things.

I'd give yourself at least six months after the kickstarter to put things together, even if you have the script complete.
>>
>>2656814
Writing that much text (and then rewriting it again and again) would take a lot more than 3-4 months of work even if you do have an initial script, considering most people doing it cannot do it full-time.
>>
>>2656747
It's in all the news articles.

>>2656757
I see a preorder armor being mentioned everywhere but couldn't find an image yet. Strangely enough they did reveal the super pricy collector edition with all the toys and shit, but no sign of the bonus armor for us peasants
>>
>>2656736
>Jessie from Pokemon but she's a dominatrix
I'd buy it.
>>
>>2656602
Saryn's spore are pretty scary now.
>>
>>2656537
What's the most matrician way of playing Black Closet and why is it dating the traitor
>>
>>2656741
>>2656935
I hope Saryn's better, last time I paid much attention was right before they changed the solar system thing into what it currently is. Saryn was downward bound then.
>>
>>2656968
She's fine.
>>
>>2656968
She's good for farming focus. Though not as good as Banshee, according to some sources. In general, with right augments you can play any frame in most content, unless you group up with retarded elitists that kick you because muh meta.
>>
>>2656522
Oh cool thanks. Yeah I was looking at the trophies. Getting a million valkyrie bucks seems fucking impossible seeing I'm nearly done with the game and have only around 300,000.
>>
>>2656814
Well I've never wrote a VN but I have been writing a novel. Doing at least two pages a day in word (half the times it's at least four) almost everyday for around 2-4 months will give you a 100,000 word novel, which is like a standard novel. My sense of time isn't really that great and I skipped some days so 2-4 is my best guess how long it took me. Mind you this doesn't include editing and re-writes.
>>
>>2656937
Making Mallory the traitor, then Rowan the queen and then you know what happens...
>>
>>2656977
It's beating challenge mode that is just about impossible
>>
Finally got to Raven in Gravity Rush 2 and the game has my full attention again. First cutscene after the mission is over is Kat and Raven in bed basically catching up and then falling asleep together. Good stuff.

Don't know how I'll make it to 6000 dusty tokens before the end of next week though. I'm only up to 1400.
>>
>>2654778
Not that anon but
in the beginning of the vn, right when they first met, amber calls marina a "cute girl" (regarding her being alone in the desert. marina calls amber a cute girl back and amber goes beet red and drops her spaghetti all over the floor. it probably didn't take much detective work after that
>>
>>2656984
Isn't the traitor thing always random?
>>
>>2656975
When I did The Sacrifice and ran into the quest where a bunch of Santients appeared I was playing Saryn because she was the tankiest 'frame I have (being a Prime and all) and I just about raped them because the way the spore pop works now.
>>
>>2657006
Fuck that continuous part of Sacrifice where everything but mimics pop up. Worst part. How's her pop work now? Damage goes through defenses or something?
>>
>>2657007
Her spores will keep growing (unless you cast them again, then counter resets) and when you damage the enemy for every spore on the counter that you can see now he takes additional damage and guaranteed toxic proc, add to that toxic lash which now can also be put on guns and have fun with that. I haven't checked the full potential of it, but it seems that you can churn out some huge damage over time with that.
>>
>>2656989
To be honest, I think it's bullshit that they won't just auto unlock the costumes and the props at least. With the talismans they could just make them unlockable in the Trench, it'd give you more of a reason to go down there anyway. The talismans aren't all that essential though so it's not a disadvantage if you don't get them.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (206 KB, 1008x1600)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>Warframe
When will my Tenno be reunited with her waifu?
>>
>>2657013
I only played Warframe for a few hours a while ago, but isn't that one a dude?
>>
>>2657013
>Excali
You could at least find one with Ember or, you know, another girlframe
>>2657017
Yeah, probably why anon spoiled it.
>>2657011
Her combo with the flammenwerfen still possible?
>>
>>2657017
>>2657019
The Tenno operating Excalibur might be a chick.
>>
>>2657005
Once you've beaten the game you have the option to manually set it, in case you're trying to get a specific path, since some options are only available with some traitors
>>
>>2657019
>Her combo with the flammenwerfen still possible?
Should be. Now with additional toxic lash on top I figure.
>>
>>2657017
>>2657019
Super spoilers for warfarm but

Warframes used to be people that were specifically infected with the technocyte virus near the decline of the Orokin Empire in order to create super soldiers. However they were uncontrollable until a ship full of kids got exposed to space-hell that is the Void and from their void powers the transference system became a thing. Allowing the void-tainted children to remotely control the warframes. So the Operator in control of the excalibur warframe could be a girl.
>>
>>2657029
>Spoilers
Got that chief, doesn't remove Excali being primarily a guyframe. They need to give us umbra Ember or umbra Saryn next
>>
>>2657031
Assuming there's any sense to the umbra order, it's prob gonna be another starter frame umbra'd first.
>>
>>2657031
Well it's not really anons fault that the comic would obviously use the most iconic frame. Still it's cute to imagine his girl operator meeting the girl again and being all shy instead of acting all cool as Excali

I don't think we're going to get very many Umbra's actually. I mean would they all share Dadcalibur's gimmick?
>>
>>2657033
Dadcalibur's gimmick of fucking over sentinents or being mobile while you're a kiddo? If it's the latter I could maybe see it but the former seems unlikely. If I remember the gist of umbra's recreation right, he was made to take out tenno warframs and sentinents. Hence the whole actual person being the warfram.
>>2657032
Yeah but would it be story starter or starter starter? Storywise Rhino was one of the earliest, though starter starter could mean Loki gets an umbra. I do like the possibility of umbra mag though.
>>
>>2657037
>Dadcalibur's gimmick of fucking over sentinents or being mobile while you're a kiddo? If it's the latter I could maybe see it but the former seems unlikely. If I remember the gist of umbra's recreation right, he was made to take out tenno warframs and sentinents. Hence the whole actual person being the warfram.
Well either way they'd need to do something to seperate them from their Prime counterparts.

By the way they still need to answer the part where our own non Umbra Warframe fucked up Hunhow at the end of Second Dream. I mean it can hardly be one of the persons from back then inside the Warframe we create today, since they are shoddy copies at best.
>>
>>2657044
Dadcaliber is also a copy. All warframes are copies of the OG frames mentioned in lore on occasion. The Primes are probably the closest to the OG frames due to their use of Orokin materials. At least that is what i would say before Umbra, and now I'm not so sure if Umbra is the closest to the original or not.

Point is other frames are capable to an extent of what Dadcaliber is capable of as far as independence goes, but they are much more restricted in when they can act without Operator willing it.
>>
>>2657050
Dadcalibur had some of his DNA code in the blueprints, he's kind of a clone from himself, hence the memory
>>
>>2657058
I doubt he's the only one though. As there are a number of other warframes we have access to that use blueprints directly copied from the original frames. Like basically all the quest frames are as such.
>>
>>2657061
Dadcalibur might be one of the only umbras in existence because it sounds like his production didn't start until closer to the end before the orokin get gotted. Likely not giving the giant scrub ballas much to work with.
Ballas being an Aizen knock-off also indicates that any other umbra was likely someone that pissed him off and needed to be removed.
>>
>>2657077
That makes sense. Ballas is the kind of shitty space-dad we never wanted who would pull that kind of shit.
>>
>>2657090
With every umbra we get, Ballas gets a new stab wound
>>
Flowers 2 finally has a steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/858940/Flowers_Le_volume_sur_ete/
>>
>>2657141
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/858940/Flowers_Le_volume_sur_ete/
Neat! I wish Flowers 2 and 3 could be released together though. After you are done 2, one can excitedly jump straight into Yuzuriha's arc in succession.
>>
>>2657017
I mean, technically the warframes don't have genders (I think), but yeah, excal is dudebroiest dudebro in the game.
>>
>>2657162
If the ending of Flowers 2 is just as "good" as in Flowers 1, having 18months+ of a break is a good idea.
>>
>>2657179
>dudebroiest dudebro in the game
Rhino says hi.

>>2657185
Are you referring to the cliffhanger?
>>
>>2657188
Nah. The asspull. A cliffhanger only works if you actually put some effort into it, and not pull random shit out of your ass. That's why I said: 18+ months of a break may be a good thing. You forget and forgive.
>>
>>2657202
So you're just a underaged retard who like to make up bullshit to whine about. Please do everyone a favour and stop playing the series.
>>
>>2657061
True. I think the difference is those are already 'ridden in' Warframe's though while Umbra never had connected to a Tenno before.
>>
>>2657210
Maybe you've forgotten too much? Or maybe you don't care about asspulls. Dunno why I should make things up here anyway. Back when I complained about it here after reading it, someone essentially wrote how that's the same thing that happened in Japan as well.

But yeah, I'm definitely not someone who considers something yuri automatically great. That's for sure. Flowers I liked though. Until the ending hit.
>>
>>2657210
d/a but looks like we can't even complain about Flowers here? Sure, it has great art, characters, music, and desu I liked it until that ending. Doesn't help that JAST is delaying everything too. It's not flawless. I've probably been in the minority of who didn't like the ending though, but people like me do exist.

>>2657241
>But yeah, I'm definitely not someone who considers something yuri automatically great. That's for sure. Flowers I liked though. Until the ending hit.
Same.
>>
>>2657188
Nah, Rhino is a noobro. Excal is the real dudebro of the frames.
>>
>>2657210
>underaged retard
>I don't have any counter-argument, so I'll just throw random insults at them and hope for the best
>>
>>2657241
>calling cliffhanger "asspull"
Only underaged retards use buzzwords like that. It's a mystery series, there's nothing strange about a sudden disappearance after the readers are lured into a false sense of security. Do you also get your panties in a knot when a character dies after declaring they'll definitely not die? Do you know how fiction trope works?

Shithead like you is a waste of time to educate. Go read some quick gratification doujin. You don't have enough brain cells to follow anything longer than 5 min reading.
>>
>>2657345
Those with at least two digits of IQ don't need spoonfeeding. Can't save you there buddy.
>>
>>2657350
You're getting awfully defensive there, buddy.
>>
>>2657350
>It's a mystery series
Well, it would be, if any of its supposed mysteries made sense, instead of involving things the player has no way to know and that are often factually incorrect in the first place.
>>
>>2657241
Maybe your just a retarded fucking idiot. It\s a four part fucking series. Get over yourself cunt.
>>
Egotists who attack yuri games cause there just too stupid to understand them are the worst. Selfish too.
>>
>>2657438
>>2657441
>your
>there
Are you now ironically pretending to be a complete illiterate in order to try and make the actual fans of the game look stupider?
>>
So Total War Rome II just got updated...with the ability to recruit Female Generals. One of my Generals, a burly Gaulish Warleader, has a Roman slave girl...as well the trait "likes other woman".
>>
>>2657466
Is her name Boudicca? Goodness she hopped the pond to get that slave girl
>>
>>2657466
Nice.
>>
File: 1461884654409.jpg (188 KB, 500x500)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>2657441
>Selfish
>>
>>2657466
You keep her alive.
>>
>>2657466
And here I thought I was the only yurifag who played total war games

The only thing that would make things better was if you had your entire army composed of female units but I don't think the Iceni have any
>>
>>2653866
>Flowers
anybody willing to link a torrent once it comes out?
>>
>>2657539
sheesh, girl. let the game sell some copies first so that they bring over the rest of the series.
wait a month after launch before spreading the seeds! it'll come.
>>
>>2657539
>torrenting yuri

To the gallows
>>
>>2657243
Nah, you can complain about Flowers, but don't dare to touch Yurirei, Akai Ito or Aoi Shiro
>>
>>2657553
I'd never complain about Akai Ito or Aoi Shiro since they're my favorites. Haven't finished Yurirei yet since I'm waiting for full chorus version.
>>
>>2657553
Those three are the holy cow's of the Yuri fandom.
>>2657539
Hang yourself. The reason why we get so much Yuri VN's is because we don't tolerate pirates.
>>
>>2657553
Akai Ito and Aoi Shiro were alright, but I'm not so hot on Yurieri. It definitely does deserved to be up there in the pinnacle of yuri just because of how congruent it is to the genre, but out of Sasa Umi and Kiri Tsukuyo, I didn't really care about any other pair. Also, it would've great if there was a Yuna Ano option.
>>
>>2657705
>Liking the two worst pairings in the game
Just a filthy Ano fag.

Kindred Spirits is the most beloved Yuri title of the last decade. Fact. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2657664
>we

>>2657715
Again, awfully defensive. Just because it's "the most beloved yuri title" doesn't mean people can't find it subjectively bad for some reason or another. Personally, I've had enough of school girls and their boring relationships.
>>
>>2657718
Getting others to fuck themselves helps alleviate boredom
>>
>>2657718
Then leave the genre because this will be Yuri forever.
>>
>>2657719
Don't cut yourself on that edge.

>>2657720
How would one "leave the genre"?
>>
>>2657718
Now the Ano fag is encouraging pirating fuck off.
>>
>>2657705
I dislike Kiri. I don't really like her type.
>>
>>2657723
I would never encourage piracy of yuri titles, but I won't try to stop somebody from doing it if they're poor. I want my oneesamas to be happy and healthy, and I'm sure even many who only pirate because they're stingy would buy the game later if they loved it.
>>
>>2657723
>encouraging
Pirating is something you have to accept as a fact of life. I don't encourage people to post "gib links plz" like toddlers that don't know how to google, but I'm not going to lead a campaign against piracy on a board that consumes tons of unlicensed manga and anime. I would prefer it if people supported the devs monetarily, but there will never be a game where 100% of people who played it actually paid for it for multiple reasons, from just being greedy to not having enough money to throw blindly at games, and I don't care if I'm discussing it with pirates or legal owners.
>>
The overzealous stuck up yurifriends in this board really bring the whole fucking place down.
>>
File: 111141.jpg (238 KB, 1280x720)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>2657730
I'll try to raise the tone, neesan
>>
>>2657730
It's always been this way
>>
>>2657730
Tumblr was a mistake.
>>
>>2657730
you can always leave.
>>
I for one welcome our pirate friends.
>>
>>2657763
Sorry but this just doesn't meet my high yuri standards and I'm going to have to ask you to leave
>>
>>2657763
Is that proper trigger discipline I see?
>>
>>2657763
I want a Bodacious Miniskirt Pirates rpg where you run your lesbian space pirate business complete with fancy dresses (gotta look cool to get paid more)
>>
>>2657777
Insurance fraud business**
>>
>>2657777
>lesbian space pirate business
I'm sure that anon that wants to shag businesswomen would enjoy this.
>>
>>2657715
Christ, what is wrong with you people. I loved the game, but people are allowed not to. And I was hoping for an Ano route while I played it too.

>>2657718
I'm mostly just confused by the use of >we
>>
>>2657827
I wanted Yuna to be alone, with Ano or Sachi at the end, but I had neither of them.
I hated megumi with my life and Hina was nice but I just couldn't see her a a lover for Yuna, it felt forced and that last sex scene was disgusting for me.
Best side pairings though!
>>
>>2657836
>Hina was nice but I just couldn't see her a a lover for Yuna
Truth. Doesn't help that she looked and acted like a ten year old.
Loved the game apart from that.
>>
>>2657899
10 year olds act like kuuderes these days? I don't think you have interacted with that many 10 year olds.
>>
>>2657836
>>2657899

Did you go back and play the extra (exposition) scenes? Hina was thirsting from day one, the slut.
>>
Just finished Fatal Twelve and it's like my wet dream came true: a VN with great art and a main plot that has nothing to do with yuri yet the yuri is pivotal to the plot, given a lot of focus and respect, and has a good end.

My only complaint is that the localization. It did a great job for the most part, but I hate the decision to use given names instead of "senpai" and "ojiichan" or the character's surname. It ruined the significance when Miharu started warming up to Naomi, because in the localization she'd referred to her as "Naomi" from the start and not "Hitsuji-san".

A few remarks: I'm a bit baffled that Rinka didn't know Miharu was in love with her up until the confession scene. Didn't Miharu already say "Aishiteru" to Rinka way earlier in the game? Odette's crush on Miharu was a surprise. I'm not complaining, but what's the point of this detail? Just to add more yuri? And Naomi clearly has a crush on Rinka, I'm also surprised she doesn't have a route. Not that I complain since Miharu is enough for me.

>tfw no archive to read previous /u/ discussion on the game
>>
File: >meirl.jpg (855 KB, 1282x747)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>2658877
>Didn't Miharu already say "Aishiteru" to Rinka way earlier in the game?
Yeah, but Rinka is a bit "special".
>>
>>2658877
Also, on the topic of Naomi not having a route, the game clearly intended Miharu to be the only possible romantic interest. If you ignore her in favor of Naomi, you'll get automatically badended when Odette asks for your info.
>>
>>2658877
I liked Fatal Twelve enough that I regret not backing for the phys LE.
Also that height gap was the best.
>>
>>2658877
archived.moe has /u/
>>
>>2658882
A Naomi route doesn't have to have a good end. Naomi could reveal the person whom she said she's interested in was in fact Rinka, and Rinka could reject Naomi because she's just a kouhai in her eyes, etc. As it stands, the tone was really weird because there were so many flags for Naomi just like Miharu, yet only the latter's feelings were addressed. If they never intended to address it, why bothered mentioning that Rinka/Naomi friendship progressed so fast and so intimate that Miharu had to kill herself over it?

In other words, it's fine for Rinka to not feel anything for Naomi, but they still should have addressed and give a closure to Naomi's side of story. Even Mao character fared better than her when it came to explanation and closure.
>>
>>2658877
There is an archive for /u/.

>https://archiveofsins.com/u/search/subject/game%20thread/
>>
>>2658898
>Miharu had to kill herself over it
Miharu didn't kill herself because Rinka and Naomi got too close to each other, she killed herself because she felt disgusted at being jealous of their close friendship.

>yet only the latter's feelings were addressed
Because only Miharu had the balls to go all out and confess. There are several lines of narration/Naomi's inner monologue that specifically mention the difference between admiration/attraction and actual love, and it's hinted that Naomi feels (or she feels that she feels) the former, hence why she doesn't interfere with Miharu's relationship with Rinka.
>>
>>2658931
You missed the fucking point.

Naomi doesn't have the gall to confess. Okay. Then give her a fucking monologue that says she doesn't dare to, or doesn't want to come in between Rinka and Miharu, or something. Literally ADDRESS the point of her character like they did with Mao/Chan Chan/Chanho. Don't gloss over it. Her getting along abnormally well with Rinka was a big point of the plot. Miharu didn't get jealous with Mao, which means there must be something on Rinka's side that gave Miharu insecurity, even if Rinka doesn't realize that about herself.
>>
>>2658938
>Then give her a fucking monologue that says she doesn't dare to, or doesn't want to come in between Rinka and Miharu, or something.
>There are several lines of narration/Naomi's inner monologue that specifically mention the difference between admiration/attraction and actual love, and it's hinted that Naomi feels (or she feels that she feels) the former, hence why she doesn't interfere with Miharu's relationship with Rinka.
It was addressed.

>the point of her character
Her role in the story was being a bystander that got involved in the plot without being an active participant of the Divine Selection. There was an entire arc dedicated to her getting fucked over by her decision to help Rinka and Rinka having to come to terms with killing another participant to save her life.

>Miharu didn't get jealous with Mao
Because Mao was closer to Miharu than to Rinka.
>>
>>2658898
In my opinion Naomi is a bit of an intentional red herring to distract the reader from realising just how central Miharu really is to the plot. A completely unspoiled reader (who doesn't visit this thread because we're throwing spoilers all over the place) will think that they are playing a dating game where they get to choose between these girls, before starting to see what the real story is.

I think she gets enough resolution for what she actually is in the plot, but that's a matter of personal opinion.
>>
>>2658880
Miharu has such great outfits. I love that the game has a lesbian that looks genuinely sexy.
>>
File: gift_by_an1m4-db91o36.png (38 KB, 294x214)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
There's another ebi-hime game on Steam - is Lynne /u/?
>>
>>2658950
It wasn't.

I also just looked in the archive and apparently I wasn't the only one who found Naomi's side of the story got glossed over.
>>
>>2659038
>It wasn't.
I'm not sure what you would consider "addressed" then. Her explicitly saying everything that the narration already did in Rinka's face?
>>
>>2658971
>red herring
Nah. The players do have the ability to gun for Naomi through choices. It just that those will lead to bad ends that do not have anything to do with Naomi's deep psyche. In contrast, literally every other character including Mao was given a straight up resolution for their various circumstances. That's why Naomi stood out as like a sore thumb.

It doesn't need much to give her character a closure. Just a scene where she looked at how happy Rinka is with Mahiru and thought to herself "please make her happy, Mishima-senpai" is enough, for example. It would preserve the subtext-ness of her crush, while properly address it.
>>
>>2659039
>what do you mean by address
Bringing it up in Naomi's monologue or omminiscent narration. Give it an acknowledgement.

The way things are right now, it was simply a lot of flags that never materialized into any point. Naomi is an important character in Keiko's arc, Yuu's arc, Miharu's arc and Lethe/Parca's arc. It makes no sense to bring up "oh she's this big character who has a crush on the MC but let's treat it as if she never did, despire 3 minor characters got their proper conclusion."
>>
>>2659053
>Bringing it up in Naomi's monologue or omminiscent narration. Give it an acknowledgement.
I just told you in two separate posts that it did happen. The narration didn't explicitly say "this here is Naomi and she has a crush on Rinka, but she doesn't act on it because she thinks Miharu is in love with Rinka and doesn't want to interfere with that, tune in for more in the next episode of 'Parka ruins everything'", but it gives you enough information to deduce it on your own.

>oh she's this big character who has a crush on the MC but let's treat it as if she never did, despire 3 minor characters got their proper conclusion
Her crush was a minor part of her character, barely relevant outside of a few scenes and Miharu's jealousy (which had been sparked even before Rinka started giving Naomi "private lessons" in brewing coffee, so not even directly connected to the crush). Her primary role was being a close friend of Rinka's who got involved in the Selection, which ultimately led to her almost dying twice. She's used to show Rinka and the players that the stakes are high, that some participants are willing to kill innocents to achieve their goals and that letting events progress while watching from afar is not an option. Her crushing on Rinka is virtually irrelevant here, they could've been the gallest of pals and it wouldn't have changed her main arc.
>>
>>2659089
>high stakes

If the writer wanted that he should've not written a battle royale between already dead people.
>>
>>2659104
Last one standing would've got a second chance.
>>
>>2659106
Can we stop spoiling the plot for the three people who haven't read it yet?
>>
>>2659120
Sorry. But the "last one lives" isn't that big of a reveal. It's basically the entire premise of battle royales in the first place.
Most of the previous posts are spoilers, yeah. I probably should've utilized the spoiler tag more liberally.
>>
I hope Fatal Twelve devs got positive feedback for going more yuri than Sound of Drop, so hopefully they continue in that direction.
>>
>>2659120
I just bought it during the sale, feels bad sis.
>>
>>2659036
Not a hint of /u/ from what I gather from reading the reviews. Looks like a mental horror game where MC apparently gets obsessed and kills a girl who has a similar name/appearance as her.
>>
>>2657185
I don't even remember how it ended.
Was it Mayuri's disappearance after the piano recital?
>>
>>2656323
That game is pretty much tailor-made for controllers, so I hope it does finally get its release. It's probably the most popular games I've worked on.
>>
>>2659363
Good, so you can update the game with godmode so I can finally beat the final boss? I want to see the yuri ending so bad but fuck that game.
>>
>>2659364
CheatEngine.
>>
>>2659364
I'm not the person to ask for that, sorry! Hm, I wonder how hard that would be to implement, though...
>>
>One vignette even concluded with H'aannit and the Cleric Ophilia shyly complimenting each other on their beauty, awkwardly pausing, then deciding they'd like to spend more time together. It was short, sweet, and to the point. Go for it, ladies.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/octopath-traveler-review

I won't get my hopes up for the game itself, but it seems to be selling well so hopefully we'll at least get some fanart.
>>
>>2659374
So the game lets her flirt with random girls and get a subtext scene. I can work with that.
>>
>>2659120
I definitely am way less interested in buying it than I was a couple days ago.
>>
>>2659374
There's something about the way this game looks that makes it look really low effort to me. Like I get what they were going for but it looks like they just did something "retro" and called it a day.
>>
1 more day till Hiver.

We lynch anyone who dosen't buy it.
>>
>>2659684
I won't buy it.
>>
>>2659687
That means you are going to the chopping block Nee-San.
>>
>>2659684
I'm not buying it as well. Until all games are out and the story is finished that is.
>>
>>2659684
I bought the first one and haven't played it yet because I wanted to wait for the sequels. I might just wait this time so I can pick it up more cheaply.
>>
>>2659684
You mean Summer, right?
>>
>>2659684
I'm not buying it yet, but I'm not pirating it either. I'll probably get it later, but I was too disappointed by the first one to be an excited day one purchase.
>>
>>2659684
well I pre-ordered the limited edition so hopefully they'll email out the steam code on release day.
>>
>>2659684
I can't buy it, I have no money. I'll either pirate it and 100% buy it later so I don't get spoiled or avoid these threads until I get more money.
>>
>>2659891
Do the former. Having more people to discuss new releases with is more fun.
>>
>>2659901
Except that it increases the likelihood of killing the franchise so that you don't get to discuss the rest of the story.
>>
>>2659891
>pirate it and 100% buy it later
It really doesn't.
>inb4 don't believe anon's lies
>>
>>2659919
>>2659918
Clicking on the right post is hard.
>>
>>2659089
Poor explanation. As stated several times, Naomi weirdly stood out among even lesser characters due to not having enough POV exposures. Your excuses would only work in a worse written VN where loose ends are a regular occurence, not in Fatal Twelve where the writer put a lot of care to tie every detail up.

The fact that there were at least 3 other anons in the archive who brought up the same issue should speak for itself.
>>
>>2659891
Don't pirate it.
>>
>>2660044
I'll pirate (you)
>>
>>2660099
>no cute high seas outlaw gf to pirate me
>>
>>2660104
I will have you, even if it must be by burglary!
>>
>>2660028
I'm not sure what your "other people have similar gripes" card is supposed to prove. At least three other anons didn't notice anything wrong with Naomi's arc. Guess it's a draw then, unless you want to settle it with a sudden death round.

>loose ends
For the last time, her crush on Rinka isn't vital to her character and her lack of action is explained. I don't know what else you want.

>>2660104
I'll plunder your booty, nee-san. But only if you're a cute British galleon.
>>
The Samurai of Hyuga guy is on hipster welfare now, if that's your thing. There seems to be a sneak peek to the first chapter of the next book already, so maybe that's coming out soon.

https://www.patreon.com/MultipleChoiceStudios/
>>
File: wishlist.png (96 KB, 693x163)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Maybe it's a bug, but Steam tells me the game is releasing july 25 on my wishlist.
>>
>>2660272
Releases aren't automated, they happen when someone actually presses the button.

Since the page is set to only display 'July' it's possible that someone, not much caring, set the internal date to 25, which wouldn't affect anything except for keeping it from accidentally popping off the 'upcoming' list at the wrong time.

It will only actually release when they both have clearance and decide to push the launch button, which could be tomorrow or could be next week.
>>
>>2660272
They force you to choose a date on there even if it doesn't show, so it's not a bug but likely just inaccurate
>>
>>2660177
It proves that it's not just a single person's imagination. Your total argument amounts to lies and defensive hurr durr without any substance.
>N-Naomi's thing for Rinka isn't a big part of her character
Sure. And Amrita isn't a big part of Alan's characterization, amirite?

Liking something does not mean you have to defend every of its shortcomings. It's cringy to see someone bending over backwards that hard just to be contrarian. Sure took my enjoyment out of talking about a rare great VN.
>>
>>2660414
>I am so butthurt about a minor detail of this VN that I insist on talking about it constantly outside of spoilers despite multiple people asking me to stop, because I don't want anyone else to play it
>>
>>2660414
>lies
>defensive hurr durr
>"I don't like the explanation provided in-game so you're lying about this explanation"
Okay.

>And Amrita isn't a big part of Alan's characterization, amirite?
Try taking out Naomi's crush and Amrita out of their respective arcs and see what happens. Here's a hint: only one arc changes significantly.

>Liking something does not mean you have to defend every of its shortcomings.
You thinking this is a flaw doesn't mean everyone else thinks it's a flaw. I don't; your gripe is a non-issue for me. If you talked about how Alan went from fighting tooth and nail for his life to readily giving up everything for Rinka because sister complex or something, or that one bad end that went against Miharu's entire character, or the lack of almost any input players have on collecting information, including Parka's, which literally amounted to "you either forget about the book completely or somehow telling Miharu to wait makes you research it", yeah, I would've agreed with you. Although then somebody else might have disagreed because these were non-issues for them. Humans are weird this way.
>>
JAST has betrayed us!
>>
>>2661097
how?
>>
>JAST
>not betraying anyone
Come on, you knew what you were getting into.
>>
I guess it's coming out on the 25th after all.
Was there even any source that the game would come out today?
>>
>>2661120
Might have been misinformation from the translator. Jast never mentioned a release date.
https://mobile.twitter.com/merumeruchann/status/1014731832011575296
>>
https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/1018965978053521409

2 hours to go. Get hype
>>
>>2661097
>>2661113
What are you guys talking about?
>>
>>2661193
I'll tolerate it.
>>
>>2661196
Fake news
>>
>>2657729
they're just saying to wait to encourage ppl to buy it first that have the means instead of calling for torrents before the game's even out yet
>>
I've got my physical copy of Flowers sitting next to me so I don't feel betrayed or anything! It's a pretty box, btw.
>>
Looks like you can buy it from the site now. Hopefully they'll send out the pre-order codes soon. If not, I'll probably just call them tomorrow.
>>
...so I started flowers...and in the first two minutes...Erika quoted fucking BATMAN. She quoted fucking BATMAN!
>>
>"Right. I'd also lent a hand when she assailed by that weirdo student president".
I love Erika already!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.