[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 66 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Emiru x Lulu
>>
>>
>>
>>
You know, when people say there should be more lesbots, I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting to find one in Precure.
>>
Tried to get into Precure, started with the original, wasn't enjoying it by 22 episodes in. Should I try another series, or is it pretty similar quality and pacing throughout? Besides being more shippable, I mean?
>>
>>2705601
If you're looking for /u/ content, only Suite and Mahou are really super gay, Mahou in particular had the gayest and probably one of the best "final" episodes in the entire franchise. Yes 5 has 3/5 of the Precure wanting to fuck their pets, but its otherwise a good season. Heartcatch is where everyone usually starts since its one of the best ones in just about every way from art to characters to plot. Happiness Charge is a bizarre and terrible NTR story in disguise. Smile is there if you just want dumb fun and nothing else. DokiDoki is a meme season. Everyone has a good laugh about how the MC is a harem protagonist with both the Precure and villains wanting her puss. Its a good season, but don't expect anyone but the MC to do anything at all. I don't really consider it very yurish like I do Mahou and Suite because those two seasons are actually mostly focused on the gay as fuck relationship between the Precure, whereas in Doki its sort of played for laughs. There is also the non-canon movie that has the MC marry some faceless dude.

Go Princess is also high tier and fairly gay depending on how you look at some things, even though it starts with a sort of generic boy meets girl story that goes absolutely nowhere by the end. The anime also leaves things ambiguous at the very end to let you have your own conclusion.

Everyone hates KiraKira, its an abomination. The only good thing about it was a handful of episodes, one of which involved a Precure declaring her love for another in a completely serious way, during an episode ripe with legitimate romantic tension. Its not worth it though.

So if you're looking for gay shit, then start with Suite since its the better of the two between that and Mahou (which is basically a romance story disguised as a Precure anime).

If you're looking for something really good irrespective of yuri, then Go/Heartcatch are for you. If you just want dumb shit with yuri sprinkled in, then Smile and DokiDoki.
>>
>>2705606
Stop rusing the newcomer, cunt.
>>
>>2705601
Don't listen to the other one. His opinion is garbage and in no way reflect the consensus of /u/, /a/, or even the larger Precure fanbase.

Each Precure season is different in its character personality and overall "maturity" feel, while similar in the Monster of the Week format. You'll have to find something to your own taste. A brief summary (all gay and het refer to the Cures, not side characters):

Futari wa: canon het crush, beloved mostly by nostalgia fags, extremely good CQC, quite gay, the sequel is a borefest.
Splash Star: thrownaway canon het crush, ugliest Cure outfits but cutest characters, universally considered to have the best plot and writing, quite gay.
Yes 5: canon het couples, one subtext gay couple (mostly in the sequel), the het is actually cute even to yurifags, overall a solid season.
Fresh: gay, lots of QUALITY because Toei's budget tanked after Yes 5, endearing, above average plot, character designs are more mature than usual, has the most beloved Cure in the entire franchise.
Heartcatch: the single most popular season, wildly different from all other seasons in character design and storytelling format, dark and heart-wrenching and heart-warming, has the most tragic but also the most badass Cure in the franchise, quite gay.
Suite: gay, canon het crush is squashed by gay, double tsundere Cures kind of gay, average plot, has the best fairy and possibly best transformation sequences in the franchise.
Smile: no het nor gay, fun friends doing dumb shit, the most popular season among waifufags, great Cure outfit designs and transformation.
Dokidoki: the gayest in the franchise, most wellknown as a harem in Precure disguise (basically the villian Princess and several other Cures fight to have the MC's love), quite explicit jealousy of the romantic kind. MC is cool and if you like her, this season literally panders to you.
Hetcharge: 'nuff said. It does have nice characters but the het is so dumb and forced, not even /a/ likes it.
(TBC.)
>>
>>2705637
Go Princess: a solid season on every front, can be gay if you look for it.
Mahou: the gayest up there with Dokidoki but this time it's monogamous. The manga adaptation even showed a kiss. Plot is a bit on the boring side but the gay relationship is fulfilling.
Kirakira: fairly weak season, does have a Haruka/Michiru kind of Cure couple in it.
(Will wait before commenting the current season).

I'd recommend you try out 10 ep of every season and see what works. Although some do have a really good mid-season twist that betrays early impression.
>>
>>2705637
>cqc
Close quarters combat?
>>
>>2705647
Pretty much. The early Cures were very much about close combat, with any magic saved for the finishers. Some of the more recent series rely more on magic attacks, though Heartcatch balanced it nicely by having a lot of signature moves that weren't recycled animations (who doesn't love a good Butt Punch). Princess also has some great sakuga in many of its eps.
>>
File: 1529211108217.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
>>2705637
>Yes 5
>overall a solid season.
Pick one? It was the QUALITY season, and there's a reason they didn't try to force that much het in a season until Hetcharge, which (rightfully) also fared like crap.
>>
>>2705882
Yes it was not good in general terms, after a long time it felt too generic for its own good and the Anime needed a second season to change the horrible first suits.

>>>2705637
>Smile: no het nor gay,
If I had Gay moments and recognizable couples, the RBG trio was one thing for a reason, Miyuki and Yayoi were too freaks for their own good, the movie was "the attack of the resentful childhood friend"the season focused on comedy, but really great moments.

Each season is variable, but has something to offer, except Yes and Hetcharge, they are bad in their own merit, the Doki movie is basically highlander 2.

for what I could do, Kirakira works quite well, in contrast Hugth has not worked so well, it's an unusually weak season at the moment.
>>
>>2705948
Alas, the second season also featured the same hetsluts.
>>
>>2705637
I wouldn't say splash star has the best plot and writing but it's pretty well paced and fun throughout
Mostly suffered from being considered a futari wa rehash, and honestly it kinda was though it fixed a lot of the flaws futari wa and especially max heart had, and people loving Nagisa and Honoka too much

Also the gayest season in order:
Mahou, the fast forward, manga and various side material seal the deal
By 19 they are still completely obsessed with each other with no sign of anything else getting between them.
To give a comparison with another nichiasa show by 19 Doremi got married

Suite: without the novel it would be lower but the novel is extremely gay and Kanade explicitly state that she doesn't have any romantic feeling for Ouji-senpai
the novel pretty literally end with both kanade and hibiki going on a date, they call it that way.

Dokidoki: pretty gay but the movie kills it, too bad

Hugpri has the potential to be pretty high

Gopri followed by Suite and Splash Star are my favorite seasons by the way
>>
>>2705957
>Dokidoki: pretty gay but the movie kills it, too bad
Remember, most Precure movies aren't canon, since most of them can't fit the timeline, like the 2nd Max Heart movie, since its set after the moment where Nagisa has realised Honoka is important to her.
>>
>>2705966
Only despair awaits those who try to make canonical sense out of Toei's Sunday morning shows and their movies. (I'm still trying to make sense out of how KiraKira is supposed to take place five or so years after Maho, yet they always cameo as their young selves)
>>
>>2705957
>and people loving Nagisa and Honoka too much
frankly that's more of a problem, than something good.

>>2705966
>>2705982
You can discuss which are Canon, but the problem is that the Doki movie is bad in all aspects and does not make any effort to fit correctly and as I said before, the Suit movie was in a worse situation of time and made a better work in general.
>>
>>2705982
>I'm still trying to make sense out of how KiraKira is supposed to take place five or so years after Maho, yet they always cameo as their young selves

it'smahoutoeiain'tgottaexplainshit.jpg
>>
>>2705982
Well, technically, Ha-chan to cast a spell to make her, Mirai and Riko look younger in the last Maho episode, so not as if Toei doesn't have a handwave excuse. But its pretty much not canon, anyway.
>>
>>2705982
>canonical sense out of Toei's Sunday morning shows and their movies
Like, seriously.

For the most part, Precure series happen in cities. Rarely, if ever, in bumfuck nowhere. There can't be that many cities in Japan.
How dangeroous are those cities that they require two to six rather high level heroes working full time to stay in line? Not even New York has that many heroes assigned to it.
>>
>>2706007
Well considering, its under constant threat from Kaijus, it having that many cities shouldn't be to surprising.
>>
File: DnAT8PHUwAASP0d-orig.jpg (275 KB, 1755x1630)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>
Meanwhile, the Splash Star movie was gayer than rainbows
>dat slow henshin
>>
File: SakiMai_03.gif (2.7 MB, 266x200)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB GIF
>>2710049
The majority of the movie is about how the two of them can't live without the other one.
>>
>>2710049
>>2710050
Next to the first season greatest love story ever told.
>>
>>2705982
they could take the same route as Dragon Ball and declare that the movies happen on an alternate timeline (yes, it's official) the problem is that Doki's movie is garbage and having a bleeding cure is not enough.

>>2710049
>>2710050
and apparently there are people complaining about that movie and declaring it as non-canon for the behavior of Saki, actually that fight was something that the relationship of the two needed and is a good movie in general, why the same stupid people do not say the same as Doki's movie?

hetfags and normalfags ruin everything ... on the other hand Homare still does not work as a character, Harry is more interesting and the parallelism with "the little mermaid" was hilarious. This season is depressing in the bad way.
>>
>>2710360
>Doki's movie is garbage
Remember it was Regina in a tux.
>>
>>2710362
the villains were stupid and the plot was all over the place, the movie is basically a middle finger of the director to his loyal fans.
>>
>>2710371
The movie left a bad taste in my mouth and I hope to never see something like that again.
>>
File: Max_Heart_2.jpg (1.6 MB, 5208x3872)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>
>>2710795
>>
File: splash.jpg (2.79 MB, 7728x3768)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>2710799
I like those too but overdesigned for adults
Hopefully color soon
>>
>>2710806
Too Western.
>>
File: Yes5GoGo.jpg (2.07 MB, 7168x3416)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>2710807
You mean the MH trio? Eh, there's all sorts of magical girl designs. I can recommend Nanoha for instance. If you haven't seen it, give it a try.

One of my least favorite seasons but Nozomi is still a lovable disaster even now
>>
File: 00yEFBj.jpg (278 KB, 2544x3567)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>
File: freshwip.jpg (3.2 MB, 9336x3544)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
>>
>>2710809
No, imouto. I mean the art style is too western.
>>
>>2710813
At first I thought that was never going to fly with the censors. Then I remembered Eas existed.
>>
>>2711035
Censors? Im not sure what your talking about anon.
>>2710959
The fic they are designs for is English so make sense
>>
>>2711410
>Censors?
If they were designs for actual Precures and not fanart, I mean.

>the fic
Sauce pls?
>>
File: 45719203_p27.jpg (179 KB, 495x580)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>2711476
>the fic
These are designs for Dissonance, if memory serves.
Speaking of which, how is that going?
I did read the LoveSetsu side story Kuugen wrote a few months ago and enjoyed it a lot, but I haven't thought about Dissonance itself for a while. are we any closer to an ending?
>>
>>2711592
>closer to an ending
Unlikely. Kuugen is planning to add HaCha, GoPri and Maho at some point in the future. No mention of Kira and HugTo
>>
>>2711476
Oh, those are all designs for a fanfic
and anon >>2711592 is most correct, yes for dissonance.
>>2711633
>>2711592
its on pause together with all her other fics but designs is still coming out.
>>
>>2711410
I don't care what it's designed for. I still don't like the western art style, which is all I was saying.
I don't particularly care for Dissonance either b/c Kuugen fucked up my OTPs, but I'm not gonna get into that.
>>
>>2712292
Oh, fair enough anon.
My OTP didn't exist before dissonance so I am glad it exists
>>
File: 180921_1030_003_kujira.jpg (568 KB, 1141x1415)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>
toutoi
>>
File: 1537737274885.jpg (907 KB, 1280x2160)
907 KB
907 KB JPG
>>
File: 1537737344378.jpg (1.34 MB, 2560x1440)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>2714024
>>
>>2714510
Actually Lulu will outlive Emiru by several millenniums. I wonder if they'll tackle with that angle in the show.
>>
>>2714607
Most likely not. and it's millennia
>>
>>2714607
Nah, Lulu will pull a Bicentennial Man.
>>
>>2713088
they know

>>2714024
>>2714510
>>2714513
I do not understand how this is the same people who wrote the main trio, the chemistry is completely different, those 3 feel like a waste of space at this point.
>>
>>2716279
I've been wanting to write this for several months now. The reason for this is because the lead writer (the one who write this episode) likes two things: Emiru and Pretty Boys. And there is either miscommunication or disagreement between her and the rest of writing team.

There was an animage interview where she pretty much said she likes Emiru so much that she rewrite Emiru's original characteristic from serious girl (which is how the director originally wanted Emiru to be) in to Hana 2.0, so if you feel Hana is useless, that because Emiru supplant most of her role, and that is by design.
While not explicit in any interview, her love for Pretty Boys also explain the main trio troubling writing. It is clear she wanted to tie them to Criasu's pretty boys, so you have Hana understand Charleet and fall in love with George, Homare fall in love with Harry and in conflict with Bishin, and Saaya neglected (at least for a long while) because she has no pretty boy to be tied with (and also why Saaya's fight with Daigun ended before it even begin, Daigun is not a pretty boy). Also, this is why Gelos' underling are boys instead of girls (this one is mentioned in another interview) and why there is an almost canon BL.
And if you are observant, there are problems with the setting between episodes written by the lead writer and the other writer. For example, Hana's traumatic backstory and Henry's relationship with Masato (featuring 'male can be princess, too') only appear in episodes' written by the lead writer, and mostly ignored in other episodes. Another example of discrepancy appear in last episode, where Emiru-Ruru are written to be under Purple's agency and has been active idols for a while, even though last time Purple offered to be their agent, Emiru-Ruru reject it by saying that they have more important things to do, more or less. So pretty clear the lead writer has in her mind a different setting and probably a different story than the rest of the team.
>>
>>2716359
That explains why the writing seems so bad to me in general, it seems that Lulu and Emiru (and the Yaoi) have had luck of this disaster, you can accuse other seasons of not doing things very well, but they were so coherent in the writing.
The main Trio is the one who has suffered the most for all this, not only for the worst het, but for the lack of a real characterization, or to establish the relationship of the 3 in a good way.

In Fresh the trio did not have romantic chemistry (that's what LoveSetsu is for) but it was a united group, Princess went from being a Trio to two couples, but the relationships were coherent, even Suit worked well when Eren joined the group.

You can have a taste for something, but sacrificing writing for a personal fetish is just stupid. This is the third worst season then.
>>
The best yuri anime now in full HD.
>>
>>2716572
Frankly this is the only season I really want to see again... but there is no HD for this type of Anime in my language, just garbage.
>>
>>2716598
Just slap subs to your raws.
>>
>be Russian
>read Mahou Tsukai as "Maho Suka"
>imagine slav Precures
Blyat.
>>
>>2716661
>read Mahou Tsukai as "Maho Suka"
You can't post on 4chan if you're under 18.
>>
Any news on the movie?
>>
>>2716690
Seriously now, the International Precures concept got completely wasted on HetCharge.
>>
No picture of the two sharing a bed after the newest episode? A bit surprised...
>>
>>2719838
>>
Sure why not
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-10-02/past-precures-join-forces-to-appear-in-hugtto-precure-anime/.137558
>>
>>2720978
We MCU now?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8iaONckx0&list=PLeRK_Tx2RYSdIqxW1VowFbjO1yJ7nVJ1V&index=2
Someone should translate this track from the Maho Drama CD. Amazing MiraRiko stuff.
https://youtu.be/EItBIPsdLxI
Liko's song about Mirai is also adorable.
>>
File: CymVs51UcAAAGce@itomida.jpg (88 KB, 1200x850)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>2721021
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8iaONckx0&list=PLeRK_Tx2RYSdIqxW1VowFbjO1yJ7nVJ1V&index=2
Fanart based on this short story.
>>
File: 020-021.jpg (608 KB, 1210x1675)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>
>>2719786
Hetcharge is the most wasted season, literally all its concepts were misused.

>>2720978
basically this season will be remembered only for two things.
the Maho girls continue to dominate the other seasons and soon the Olympics.

>>2721021
>>2721069
better season and nobody gives a shit for Hetcharge, seriously I would like to rub that in the face of "that" idiot in his blog.
>>
>>2721200
They are so pretty and cute. Such a cutes!
>>
>>2721200
>Rich girl and her lesbian sex-bot
>>
File: 01.jpg (460 KB, 706x800)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
Look at these gorgeous ladies.
>>
File: 002.jpg (338 KB, 800x443)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>
File: 17B.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
If I understand it correctly, the director says that, in a sense, Mirai and Liko are really Haa-chan's mothers because basically she was born with the help of their handholding in ep4 and then was raised by them. Maho is impressive.
>>
>>2723915
Continuity? In my Precure Cinematic Universe?
Inb4 art/doujins of Yukari and Akira teaching Emiru and Ruru how to be expert lesbians
>>
>>2723915
Glad she grew her hair back.
>>
>>2724010
Just like she taught Himari in the manga.
>>
>>2724025
I'm guessing it's another case of "conveniently revert their ages to justify reusing the henshin footage". Note the bagginess on Yukari's coat.
At least there's some acknowledgement that these girls can actually age.
>>
>>2723976
>she was born with the help of their handholding
That's what happens when you hold hands without protection.
>>
File: Maho Miss You.png (2.12 MB, 1280x2644)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>2723914
I really, really miss you girls.

>>2723976
One of many things I like from MahoPri is how most of the time they behave like family unit (of parent-children variety and not sibilings) with Mirai and Liko as parent, Mofurun as elder sister, and Haa-chan as the youngest.
You can see part of Mirai and Liko's personality in Haa-chan, and how their activities as precure inspire Haa-chan to be precure too, like kid wanting to copy their parent.
I really miss Maho Girl. I am glad I can see them in TV for at least one more time.
>>
>>2723915
Where’s that from?
>>
>>2723976
So, this pretty much means Haa-chan is Mirai and Riko's magic baby. Good, glad that is pretty much canon.
>>
>>2724033
Ah. Now that you mention it, you're right. Akira lost her ponytail as well.
>>
>>2723976
>>2724049
>>2724094
>>2724132
How often do Mirai and Liko make sweet sweet love to their daughter Haa-chan? Is it a everyday and every night thing? Oh and I like to include human form Mofurun as well.
>>
File: Ia0AXLw.png (535 KB, 840x1200)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>2710813

So, Michiru must be next
>>
>>2724105
The next episode.
>>
>>2724132
Yes, at least partially.
Mother Rapapa provided Haa-chan's origin of life, seed. Mirai and Liko in ep4 nurtured it with their power and information(what? genetic? I don't know) when they held their hands. So it's safe to call them Haa-chan's mothers in every sense.
>>
>>2724310
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>2724094
This is what makes Maho a special season. The cures are not just friends/teammates/coworkers/whatever but a real family. Their warmth and closeness are so pleasant to watch.
>>
>>2720978
Unfortunately it's likely to be just as short as when the originals briefly appeared in a crossover episode.
>>
File: Df-0Gu_VMAAd_OC.jpg:orig.jpg (502 KB, 1494x1236)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
I wonder if the proud mothers introduce Haa-chan in the next episode like they did in the manga. They can give Hana and her friends some advice regarding raising a kid.
>>
>>2724610
Is that from Hugtto manga vol. 2? I don't remember seeing that in vol. 1
>>
>>2724625
I think it's from the booklet that came with the special edition of Kira v2.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4065110459/
>>
>>2724409
I don't understand your reaction? You don't like this adult Egret?
>>
>>2724710
Not who you are replying to, but she doesn't look very Cure-ish.
>>
>>2724729
probably intentional since this is years later and for a story about a lot of grown up versions of the girls we know. Saki looks like a walking tank, too. Fresh look like a mixed bag of old japan stereotypes too but I like it
>>
File: Maho Super Stars.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>2724610
Speaking of crossover, is anyone translating the Super Star movie?
I think they introduce Haa-chan like that in the movie, but I don't really know Japanese, so I only presume that because they say "Haa-chan" while looking at Hug-tan, that they are talking about Haa-chan as baby there.
>>
>>2724710
Wait, that's Egret? Holy hell, I thought that was Kaoru. I hate it even more, now. Looks like Deviantart trash.
>>
>>2724733
There are MUCH better ways of aging Precures, nee-chan.
>>
>>2724733
>>2725180
Another example of good aging is here: >>2710799
>>
>>2725059
They said it reminded them of Haa-chan and how they were taking care of her. Close enough I guess.
It's interesting that everyone remembers the baton pass episodes and the previous crossovers. The next episode likely won't be their first meeting.
Really liked how Mirai and Liko exchanged looks, their bond is strong and they don't need words to understand each other. It was badass.
>>
The only Precure I've ever watched was Fresh on a whim when it was first airing, what should I watch next? I really liked Setsuna's plot line.
>>
>>2725302
It's hard to recommend a season, they are all good and different. Watch whatever seems the most interesting to you.
>>
The Mahos are in their own little world.
>>
>>2725302
In terms of getting into the franchise, I'd say Heartcatch and Maho are good starting points.
>>
>>2725302
It starts from the beginning, the only bad seasons are Yes 5 and Hetcharge, the rest work much better and each one has its own elements, it's a trip and it will make you clear, the little that other series that are supposed to be action.
>>
>>2725302
If you like Setsuna's plot line, then I think DokiDoki would be a good season for you.
GoPri has something similar, but I personally don't see Scarlet story has as strong of impact (yuri wise) when compared to Setsuna (TowaKira shipper might disagree, though).

Yuri-wise, aside from DokiDoki, I think Maho (my favorite), KiraKira, and Hugtto which is the current season (though the OTP only become apparent after 15-ish episode and there is a blatant het couple) are good seasons to watch. And I heard Suite also pretty nice (I haven't watched it though).

>>2725312
That credit scene hit me like a brick. After separated for the rest of the movie, I though Mirai and Liko will stay separated (as they bond with other Cures). But nope, right at the end, they come back together.
I was once afraid that after Mahotsukai ended, their future appearance will be less gay than their TV series (separate them in to their respective color group instead make them stay together, for example), but so far MiraiLiko has been a gift that keep on giving. I cannot wait to see how they will interact next week.
>>
File: gqGXZyH.jpg (586 KB, 2544x3367)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>2725178
>>2725180
>>2725182
Those are entirely new costumes, not just updated ones.
what you find good others find boring or unsuited to their needs. You should take it easy, nee-sans.
This is Kaoru, by the way.
>>
>>2725399
although that is a problem, since instead of being "old" versions they seem completely new characters, in itself the characterization does not help either.
>>
>>2725454
I respectfully disagree on the characterization.
They grew up, there's some changes just as real people change. Some are drastic like Urara, others are very small, like Tsubomi or Honoka.
>>
>>2725456
that poses one of the big problems of fanfics. I understand that people change and everything, but only said that the characterization does not help the designs of the characters, as it was said, there are better ways to age a Cure and we know that Maho did an excellent job.
>>
>>2725462
I think we're talking past each other.
They grew up, their personalities changed some, their fighting style completely changed in most instances and so they changed their outfits.
Yes 5 looks mostly the same >>2710809 while Max Heart is bigger changes >>2710795
and >>2710806 >>2710821 Splash and Fresh are thematic groups and new designs entirely because the characters wanted to.
There is no "better" or "worse" here, it's what fits the fic and that's all that matters.
It appears you believe that "more closely related to their anime version" is universally 'better' than other means regardless of where it is applied, correct me if I am wrong. I don't agree with that at all.
>>
>>2725464
>t appears you believe that "more closely related to their anime version" is universally 'better' than other means regardless of where it is applied, correct me if I am wrong. I don't agree with that at all.

You can see the difference between Dragon Ball Multiverse and Super, the first one shows that it is a fanfic for a prominence of the bad elements that lowered DBZ quality in general, besides that the author does not care about the canon and does what he wants , while Super is the official work, which not only includes new elements, but I also ignore one of the biggest problems of the original (power levels) which do you consider better, the fanboy fantasy or the really good sequel?
>>
>>2725501
That is hollow analogy, nee-san. You're making grand assumptions about the nature of the fic based on an example I don't even know or ever heard of.
Not all fanfics are the same. The fic in question here isn't a traditional Cure fic to begin with. A concise summary isn't possible with a 800000+ words story, but I suppose on the essential, basic level, it's a slice of life story about all the different seasons being confined in one location, with battle elements that are exclusively Cures VS Cures.
Giving them new designs makes perfect sense for what the story is. The girls now have specialized combat roles such as a power type close range fighter, a technique based close range fighter or a weapons based speed attribute close range fighter (Saki, Miki and Inori, in that order). And to suit this new type of combat, they have new costumes.
I legitimately don't understand why people are so obstinate about things that aren't exactly the way they think they should be.
>>
>>2725507
It's the sense of familiarity with something. If too much changes, you have an entirely original work whose characters so happen to have Cure names.
The characterization changed (easily justifiable by saying the Cures got older), the fighting styles changed (not so easily justifiable as in some cases their struggles against villains stopped well before the fic started) and their outfits changes (as aforementioned, nobody to fight)

Don't get me wrong. I like Dissonance but in my opinion the Cure outfits are iconic and if you drop them you lose a bit of the Cures. Doesn't make Dissonance any less good of a fanfic but it does make it a bit less of a Cure fanfic.
It's like the S in Superman. Without it, he's just a generic superdude flying around and there are thousands of those.
>>
>>2725521
The characterization changing does not mean that the characters are unrecognizable in most cases. Urara for example does have a very different personality but as she gets her things in order and reconnects with her team, we see her original personality shine through the cracks.
The fighting style changes are really easy to justify "What if a new enemy appears?" and there they go. Not like Precure has a shortage of evil organizations trying to use Earth for all sorts of bollocks.
The Cure outfits are iconic of who they present in the anime. The Dissonance versions are different and much more than the characters being different, the story is different. If you read Dissonance you know so very well that Dissonance is absolutely not a story in line with typical precure things. And that is exactly why I think that the costumes being different and, yes, taking away from the idea "that this is just the anime characters but older with little to no change" is a good thing actually.
>>
>>2725399
Different anon, but I've seen a few of these character designs now and they're all absolute trash. Making new costumes isn't in itself a terrible idea, but maybe find a different artist, the one you've got doesn't seem to have any sense of /fa/.
>>
>>2725526
Tastes differ, nee-san. The costumes are more Nanoha than Precure, I personally like it. You calling them trash is just needlessly rude, we're no on /a/ here, have a bit of respect for your fellow precure-nee-san.
>>
>>2725528
There's no excuse for shitty /fa/, imouto.
>>
>>2725562
What you call shitty others call great. There is no objective measurement to use here. Don't pretend there is, it is just embarrassing for all of /u/.
>>
File: Ako_upset.gif (320 KB, 960x540)
320 KB
320 KB GIF
God, why did Dissonance have to exist? She totally changed everything and pretty much made original cures with the same names. I wouldn't normally care, but she hasn't written anything in ages, and it STILL dominates these threads and there's no decent word(s) filter to block it out.
>>
>>2726790
Isn't there a dedicated fanfiction general? I feel like it'd be reasonable to tell people interested in the fanfics to go there, I don't see other series generals full of fanfiction nonsense.
>>
>>2726790
It comes up once in a blue moon, nee-san, take it easy. Breathe, breathe.
>>
>>2726805
>I don't see other series generals full of fanfiction nonsense.
LWA is literally based almost in its majority on only fanfis, I think NicoMaki and when the Mai-hime threads are active, which is a bad thing and does not say anything about the real series.

Another thread with fanfis complaints is that of Neptunia, but for some reason and in spite of having similar problems to dissonance, it is not so OCC.

>>2726790
I do not have so much problem, but if it is something annoying that the characters are so different, you can understand changes with age, new powers and costumes does not make sense to have no enemy.

The Doki Precure are a positive example, they have been in constant struggle, survival and new powers have meaning, the others do not have that excuse.

As for the costumes, you can see Nanoha as an example, they grow but the suits undergo such radical changes and retain the original base design.
>>
>>2726899
>new powers and costumes does not make sense to have no enemy.
Nee-san, what guarantee do the Cures have nothing else will happen their entire life? Why wouldn't they train? Especially since the first two of the crossover movies are treated as canon elements in Dissonance, so they know there were other Cures with other enemies out there.
Doki specifically had a reason and need to keep going and that's why they are among the strongest if not the strongest out of everyone.
>>
File: VQ6Yn.gif (295 KB, 640x360)
295 KB
295 KB GIF
No, but seriously, can you imoutos take this fanfic discussion to a thread that actually gives a crap?
>>
>>2727119
There have been individual nee-sans like you ever since Dissonance came out and the answer and result has been the same since the very start, which is no.
>>
>>2727316
>there have been nee-sans like you ever since dissonance came out
I feel like this should tell you something.
>>
>>2727423
It does but they'll never listen.
>>
>>2727423
>>2727457
It tells that there's isolated cases that make a fuss over basically nothing and that ignoring them and their fussing is perfectly fine.
>>
Biggest crossover episode has come
>>
>HaCha, GoPri, and Splash Stars got time stopped
Is this commentary on their (lack of) popularity?
>>
>>2728384
Most of the time, if a legacy character doesn't have a notable role, it's usually because their respective seiyuu isn't available. It's kinda been the thing with the All-Star franchise since New Stage, since there ended up with too many Cures for everyone to have enough screentime to warrant a paycheck. This is gonna become an increasingly familiar theme for anyone watching this year's Kamen Rider.
>>
>>2728425
I'm surprised they managed to get Megumi Han for the movie, considering how big and busy she is now.
>>
>>2728384
What I wondered was why was Black, White, and Luminous immune to the time stop? (Besides the most likely answer that Luminous is a goddess).

No sign of Mana and her group so far. (Maybe because we all know Mana could defeat the enemy single-handed.

I felt the beginning of the episode started weird, and so was the greeting of the first two Precure groups. (Like I had missed seeing something that was supposed to happen before the episode - like a movie).
>>
>>2729128
>like a movie

I think that that is the problem, I completely forgot that that movie existed, was it really not subtitled?
>>
>>2730136
Super Stars hasn't been subbed yet. Hugtto x Futari wa, which is what these crossovers are clearly promoting, I believe has only just been released in theaters.
>>
>>2730138
>Super Stars hasn't been subbed yet.

I remember watching the movies before, or maybe it's the correct date, I'm confused.

>Hugtto x Futari wa
in the person I do not have Hype for that, Nagisa and Honoka are very hyped, for Toei as for the fandom, when there have been Cures that have shown a better performance for their own merit. I could swear that even Goku or Saitama are not so Hyped.
>>
File: DpoWhQ8U8AAGqji.jpg (167 KB, 1000x725)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Some recent poll. Miracle and Magical are sharing the 9th place. Inseparable.
https://twitter.com/ichijin_precure/status/1052180427664850944
>>
>>2730389
Who are the top 3?
>>
File: get iy.png (80 KB, 354x265)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>2730389
>>
>>2730392
1. Cure Marine
2. Cure Black
3. Cure White
4. Cure Dream
5. Cure Flora
6. Cure Yell
7. Cure Felice
8. Cure Beauty
9. Cure Miracle / Cure Magical
>>
>>2730400
I agree with /ourgirl/ Erika and the two nostalgia baits being top 3, but Nozomi as 4th?
>>
>>2730405
Nozomi was insanely popular. Still is. I was watching Precure back in the days of Yes 5 and remember how popular she was.
>>
File: UUVTmc3.jpg (528 KB, 2894x4093)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>2724310
Leaves only Kaoru
>>
>>2730606
She is the most normal girl and apparently has mental problems, I'm not making that up, I personally only find her annoying.

>>2730783
this is practically an AU, I can even swear that each team now has a country theme or some fighting style, instead of a theme related to something Cure.
>>
>>2730859
I don't see how that's AU. So they picked a theme and designed their new outfits around it in their training time. Don't see how that makes it AU.
AU would be if they had these as teens, not 6 years later
>>
>>2730903
already there were examples of growing does not mean a completely different design and when that happened, it was a new power, they do not have control of the suits or their names (with an exception)
>>
>>2730918
there is nothing that says they can't change the outfits or explore new facets of their powers. What you're doing is saying that exploration of untapped facets means changing the facts, but those facts don't exist to begin with. Nothing says Cures can't get new costumes or develop their powers. The absence of them doing that in anime doesn't count as "it's impossible".
>>
>>2730955
that sounds like an excuse to justify everything and not a real answer, I can accept new powers, costumes and personalities.
My problem is that the new suits follow a theme that moves away from each group Cure, for example Spash star have influence on Chinese costumes, does it really fit the environmental theme without sounding like an excuse?

You can think that the original costumes are "corny" but that is part of the theme and can be seen in Nanoha, the costumes changed, but the features are preserved and are not so different.
>>
>>2730955
These things: >>2725399 >>2730783 don't even look remotely like precure designs at all.

As >>2731019 mentions, Nanoha redesigns still look like they come from the same franchise.
>>
>>2731019
saying "they can't get new powers or costumes" is an excuse based on an absence of it happening. I don't see why there needs to be a justification for this other than "the characters thought so" and it's not like you can disprove that.
Splash having a Chinese theme actually works nicely with "environment". Much of this looks like it is orientated on a martial arts theme and those teach about harmony with the self and the world since before our calendar. They all embody different parts of that, too. And that's humoring the aspect that keeping the 'theme' even matters at this point and after so many years. Sometimes the theme is outright silly and has no place in a story about adults with adult problems.
Also Nanoha is upgraded costumes over time, not new costumes. The general aesthetic of these designs is more Nanoha than precure, not the way they're being changed.

>>2731040
Even from season to season the only things the costumes have in common is "frills" and "very girly". The story goes for a different look, doesn't really make them not precure designs, no matter how much you complain about it.
>>
>>2731117
No one is saying "they can't get new powers or costumes". We're just saying they don't look anything like precure.
>The story goes for a different look, doesn't really make them not precure designs
That would only make sense if we were talking about anything canon.
This is fanart that does not look like it belongs in the series and will never be precure designs no matter how much you complain about it.
>>
>>2731189
I'm saying your complaints amount to nothing useful, you can't stop anyone from calling them and treating them as precure designs, grown up and changed theme or not.
You keep going on about "like precure" but the only universal precure things are frills and a high degree of girliness in the fabric cut. That's too weak to even call it a unified look the way you talk about it. If anything "like precure" the way you appear to think about it would actually be a demerit here because it lacks a personal touch. That is fine in an isolated season but in a crossover scenario that just makes them look like knockoffs of each other.
I don't understand why you even argue the issue.
>>
>>2731189
Also
>No one is saying "they can't get new powers or costumes"
>>2730918
>>2726899
>you can understand changes with age, new powers and costumes does not make sense to have no enemy.

I didn't care enough to check further back
>>
https://youtu.be/ypxvM_pTBsQ?list=PLeRK_Tx2RYSdIqxW1VowFbjO1yJ7nVJ1V
Someone really should translate the audio drama, it's priceless.
This track is about buying a swimsuit for Haa-chan. The pic is very related.
>>
Haa-chan wanted this swimsuit because it has a flower and also Mirai and Liko's heart and star.
>>
>>2732022
>>2732024
Maho is the best thing that has happened to the universe and it is great how little subtle everything related to the Maho family is.

I bet that "that" guy was angry with Maho because it was better than Hetcharge in every way.
>>
Mirai and Liko chose swimsuits for each other.
Liko suggested one for Mirai because it's cute and suits lively Mirai. She bought that swimsuit without hesitation since it's Liko who chose it, she said(Liko will never get used to such high caliber flirting).
Mirai wanted an adult-like swimsuit(bikini?) for Liko but she refused started looking for one-pieces. As usual, Liko was hesitating but Mirai insisted on the one with a red ribbon(on the chest) because it matches her hair ribbon.
>>
>>2732026
I see a lot of problems in Maho storywise. The series jump around and break its flow a lot. For example, I think Hugtto has better writing in general and it does better for characters since it doesn't stop on the cures and develop side characters and villains, too. It also use more complex themes.

That being said, Maho Girls last episode is literally perfect and one of the best things I ever saw in anime, so it'll probably be my favorite Precure series for a long time even with all its flaws.
>>
>>2732045
There is an opinion that every episode up to the 49th one exists for the sole sake of making the finale so amazing.
It's true that Maho has a lot of bland episodes and the season overall is primitive even for Precure. On the other hand, everything in Maho has a clear purpose and the show reaches its goal splendidly. From this perspective Maho is the best written season. You perfectly know what Maho wants to do and the show actually does it. A very rare quality.
Depends on your view-point.
>>
Maho also has good episodes. The beach episode becomes even better when you know its backstory about the swimsuits.
>>
File: 1468728502251.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>2732045
Nah, I've watched it at least three times by now and the story is actually pretty good, though it focus a lot more on world building (you are able to at least know the daily life and occupation of denizen in MahoPri's Magical World than say GoPri's Hope Kingdom) than it is on immediate danger (Non-Magical World only threatened in the final arc, so you don't think there is danger when Precure fighting against typical episodic boss).
The "problem" is, a lot of its plot is mentioned rather vague or briefly to maintain aura of mystery before exposition dump clarified it in later episode (for example, you won't really know why the second set general is more powerful than the first one without revelation in episode 40ish), so you need to connect the dot a lot, which is where the rewatch is handy, but make the first time watching seems like watching a SoL with no overall plot or no relation between episode conflict and the precure fight (I did feel like that when I watched it the first time).
For a lot of viewer, a tiered level enemy (where the next general is more powerful and more threatening than the last) is probably much easier to digest the first time through, but I personally like Maho's story better (then again it involved yuri family, so I do a bit more motivated to dissect it).

> it doesn't stop on the cures and develop side characters and villains
Maho did it too, though. You have Kana's subplot involving her looking for Witch that span almost the entire series .
You have Headmaster subplot involving his close "friend", Kushie (which mirror Mirai and Liko), that gives additional layer to his role in the story.
Etc.
The majority of Maho's side character and villain (the exception are those with really small role, such as some shopkeepers in shopkeeper district or those caterpillar on Wand Tree) get character development.

>>2732040
>>2732063
It even better when you know that they switch their swimsuit afterward while feeding one another.
>>
>>2732230
Nice, forgot about it.
The bds don't have the endcards.
>>
>>2730389
https://twitter.com/taka8rie/status/1052519280221147141
Takahashi Rie is overjoyed to be together with Magical in the poll. And says MiraRiko are happy for their daughter's popularity.
>>
File: mahogirls19.jpg (50 KB, 439x430)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Speaking of Maho, I've typesetted some of the manga chapters I TL'd a while ago out of boredom.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/465795
https://mangadex.org/chapter/466036/
>>
>>2732615
Thanks, the manga more than deserves to be translated.
>>
>>2732045
>I think Hugtto has better writing in general and it does better for characters since it doesn't stop on the cures and develop side characters and villains, too. It also use more complex themes.

the problem is that it develops secondary characters and themes, that its initial protagonists, Hana is decent, but Saaya and Homare do not have many personality or some interesting characteristic, in addition the relationship of the main trio is too disparate and uninteresting, so when Emiru arrives and Ruru, they stole all the attention without problem.

Frankly that is a serious problem, one of the characteristics of Precure is the relationship of his characters, but this has only happened in Hugth with Emiru and Ruru.

>>2732615
It's funny how you can not deny or change this.
>>
>>2732615
Thanks for this.
I'd really like to read more Precure manga, but most of them aren't translated.
>>
File: 006.png (180 KB, 442x478)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>2732615
ch 10, pg 06.
>is kind girl
is a kind girl
>>
File: ch 11 pg 2.png (143 KB, 476x401)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>2732615
ch 11, pg 2
>reccomendation
recommendation
>>
>>2732644
Saaya has some of the best episodes, though.
Unfortunately, she's thrown aside in every other episode.
>>
>>2733301
The problem is that they are the secondary characters that receive development in their episodes, such as their mother, the villain and the doctor.
>>
>>2732615
Huh I didn't think the end of chapter 10, would reveal Riko, likes to have it rough, sometimes.
>>
File: T6.png (739 KB, 1155x1639)
739 KB
739 KB PNG
The twins are so good.
>>
And by some Miracle, here comes the Magical.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/467055
>>
>>2733812
Is that the end?
Sweet. I'ma read it over the weekend.
>>
>>
>>
File: w2.png (490 KB, 1155x1639)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>2733812
This is too much for my heart. Beautiful.
>>
File: 69615020_p0.png (712 KB, 1008x1433)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>>
File: w16.png (601 KB, 1155x1639)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
Makes me laugh every time.
>>
File: 70830491_p1.jpg (1.17 MB, 2314x1637)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>
File: 69277648_p0.jpg (406 KB, 1228x868)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>
which Cure is the most /u/?
>>
>>2734037
Nothing can beat Liko's tsundere moans.
>>
File: kirakira19.jpg (601 KB, 1280x720)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>2734037
Probably Yukari for being a canonical lesbian who wins over all the girls with her finger skills.
>>
File: 69072794_p0.jpg (216 KB, 1000x1158)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>2733988
>>2733989
>>2733992
>>2733998
>>2734005
Emiruru is the most forced romance story ever told. I feel so sorry for Hana.
>>
I like that they fit all the cures in the recent episode (and the different pairings they had doing attacks), and cameo'd some of the kind-a-cures that we don't usually see in the all star stuff, but I felt like both this and the previous episode were all over the place. The songs also were well fit in with the action and got the blood pumping.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.