[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 93 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Previous thread: >>2702161

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/dHJMr9jv
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Flowers: >>2682986
Lily Lyric Cycle: >>2405678
Life is Strange: >>2576896
Valkyrie Drive: >>2494796
Honkai Impact 3rd: >>2690725
Sono Hanabira: >>2640209
Akai Ito + Aoishiro: >>2543585
>>
Recent news:

Razz put up a steam page for a new yuri game "Bloom", no release date yet
Mizuchi kickstarter succeeded
Dharker is up to their usual tricks, the mostly-het Negligee prequel just launched and they have a yuri (for now) kickstarter going for "My Senpai"
>>
Does anyone here happen to own FFXV? I want to get a few workshop mods that turn the party into girls and use them on a pirated version, but http://steamworkshop.download/ doesn't work and SteamCMD fails probably because I don't own the game.
>>
Say, most if not all harem VNs (be it yuri, otome, or bishoujo) always have an LI that is the true roure, or is considered best by the majority. Pretty sure this is because the writer has their own bias and thus unconsciously underdeveloping other routes. What do you think about a project with multiple writers who agreed on an MC, but they each will create an LI that fits their own bias? Have anyone tried this before and does it work?
>>
>>2707452
It doesn't work. Inconsistency, character changes when the writer changes and so on. It's eroge way to do it, and everyone knows you can't really expect anything with many writers.
>>
>>2707452
Katawa Shoujo comes to mind as something that had a different writer for each route. It's not too uncommon for a single VN to have multiple writers in the professional world either (typically having one lead writer and several secondary ones who may help with specific kinds of scenes or even take on a route) since the work of writing a long 20+ hour VN could otherwise take years to finish with the pace some of the people in the industry are known to work.

Of course, when you have multiple writers, you need a good editor, lead writer, and communication to ensure consistency, which is why it can be unnoticeable in professional work but be pretty jarring in doujins (including aforementioned Katawa Shoujo).
>>
File: 1530806639185.gif (397 KB, 700x625)
397 KB
397 KB GIF
>>2707422
You forgot the subject line ya dingus
>>
>>2707462
The non-romance bits in each route can be written by one person to ensure consistency. The other writers only need to concentrate on developing the LIs and the overall tone of the route. The romance themselves are expected to be different because we all act differently depending on who it is we interact with (e.g. tsundere with one but at ease with another), so that way would feel more organic. I also want the routes to have different feels, such as cheerful, or calm and sombre, or slightly creepy.

Of course as said, the writers agree on the general traits of the MC so nothing will stray too far off mark. There's also the option to make MC a blank slate self-insert, which make the "OOC" issue non-existent.

>>2707467
I remembered KS right after posting. I haven't played it myself though, so no clue how jarring the inconsistency issue was.

There's also the art dilemma. 95% of the time, players already decide best girl just by looking at the pictures. I'm also guilty of this. It's boring if you don't offer a wide variety of character designs (think all the generic EVNs with a bunch of long straight hair big breasts same-face girls with different hair colours). But it's rather apparent who the hottest is if you do offer a variety of designs (almost always the long straight hair big breasted girl).
>>
>>2707481
>I remembered KS right after posting. I haven't played it myself though, so no clue how jarring the inconsistency issue was.

I gave it a shot back when it came out and it wasn't that bad, partially because most of the girls only really interact with one other girl in any real capacity during their route. The bigger problem was the fact that each girl's sprites seemed to have been done by a different artist, though the slight differences in the writers' styles did become noticeable in some places.
>>
>>2707481
>There's also the art dilemma. 95% of the time, players already decide best girl just by looking at the pictures.
And that's absolutely not a problem. Since when a player can't have preferences in character design or even find one route better than other? Don't be a Sawyerist, poll results have nothing to do with main/true routes.
>>
File: Lilly x Hanako4.jpg (263 KB, 900x1000)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>2707481
Hanako a best. (not actually gay, though. I wish you could set her up with Lilly and just be a friend.)
>>
Someone said the negligee DLC is nearly all het. Sasuga, Dharker
>>
>>2707541
That's not the point. I want to create a game where players are equally excited for every route, and that can't be achieved if they already chose the hottest of the bunch at first sight and have little interest to even try other routes.
>>
>>2707736
You get that by writing a set of actually fun and interesting characters people will want to see more of regardless of their preferences.
>>
>>2707725
I think that was known from the beginning but AJ actually turned around and made the Charlotte story yuri?
There’s still a guy in it so I’m actually expecting a cliche plot where she has het sex before the “oh I’m a lesbian” realization
>>
>>2707749
>turned around and made the Charlotte story yuri?
It's not yuri at all
>>
How's Ni No Kami 2? I read the first one and I liked it, but I read somewhere that it didn't really have a sense finality to it.
>>
>>2707736
Make everyone ugly then. Write every route to end in exactly the same way. Or stop being fucking stupid.
>>
>>2707744
That's the plan. But speaking from personal experience, there had only been 3 franchises where I'd gladly go for different girls with no regret: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, Akaiito, Flowers. And what I noticed is that they all have equally attractive designs for each character. Those are games where I couldn't decide who to shoot for first just by looking at promotional arts.
>>
>>2707754
>continuing missing the point
Hopeless retard is hopeless.
>>
>>2707752
>How's Ni No Kami 2?
Shit goes down and then it ends. And after that they throw everything chuuni and the kitchen sink in what is basically a Kung Pow II: Tongue of Fury trailer. Honestly, I believe it's more of a joke than a promise of continuing the story.

>>2707756
This might come as a shock to you but different people have a different tastes and yours is the pretty shit one too.

>>2707771
Just lol
>>
>>2707752
That's because there's supposed to be a part 3. The story hadn't ended yet.
>>
>>2707772
>different people have a different tastes
How is that relevant to the topic?

You sound triggered over nothing. Did you make a game that nobody wanted to play, that's why you're this butthurt?
>>
How's Kotonoha Amrilato? Any of you have played it?
>>
>>2707779
>You sound triggered over nothing. Did you make a game that nobody wanted to play, that's why you're this butthurt?
What? I don't read shitty oelvns, lest make them, where the fuck did you even get that from?
I'm just laughing at how you think of drawing a bunch of characters that everyone somehow will like equally.
>>
File: 1536974489105.png (581 KB, 500x576)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>
>>2707817
I wish that game was that gay.
>>
>>2707833
I blame the fact that it did not actually feature dante from devil may cry
>>
>>2707836
There still wouldn't be any actual lesbians, but most guy gamers are so thirsty for Dante's dick the game would be gay by default?
>>
Is there any Yuri in the new battletech game? I heard people we're complaing about SJW themes in it. I love Mech shit...
>>
>>2707970
They'll complain because a girl's on the poster. Actually look into it.
>>
>>2707970
I think manchildren were just upset that you could choose a pronoun for your character.
>>
>>2707999
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the players’ characters in Mechwarrior games generally just mercenaries?
>>
>>2708007
Two wrongs don't make a right, imouto.
>>
>>2708012
And two Wongs don't make a white.
>>
>>2708015
Albinos.
>>
>>2707999
>game has limited design choice
>THIS MUST BE SJW PROPAGANDA AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE

You incels are the real sjw.
>>
>>2708011
The player character can have a background with one of the Great Houses. That comes with a certain look.
>>
>>2707970
My problem with the game is that it doesn't capture the look of the part of the timeline it takes place in. How the pilots are dressed here was a sure fire way to get a heat stroke. There's a reason most pilots wen into those things practically naked.
>>
File: 20130728190523.jpg (38 KB, 800x450)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Not including blonde girls in your game should be a crime. Blonde girls are a absolute treasure of the universe, I don't care about your silly politics, if the west don't want them anymore, start exporting your cuties.
>>
>>2708038
>opinionated "legitimate" assessment
>fact
You incels can't even differentiate opinions and facts, that's what wrong with you. Shut up and fuck back to /v/.
>>
>>2708040
Actual pilots sometimes have to wear thermal resistant suit to protect themselves from the heat.

I do wonder why these nitpicking pseudo-realism complaints only surface when the games are perceived as SJW. Nobody says a thing when female characters wear sexy and nonfunctional armours despite everything else in the same game was normal, or when male characters started using hypnotism potions and witchcraft in a game that's advertised as "historically realistic by excluding women and blacks." At least try to be a little more subtle with your double standards.
>>
What are some /u/ approved skirym mods
>>
>>2708064
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15930
>>
>>2708064
uninstall mod. It's fucking Skyrim.
>>
>>2708064
Check this thread:
https://archived.moe/u/thread/2683439/
Some people gave lot of recommendations and tips.

By the way, made the game really fun for me, thank you Skyrim Anons, I love you.
>>
>>2708054
>Actual pilots sometimes have to wear thermal resistant suit to protect themselves from the heat.
Natasha Kerensky went into her Mech dressed in a top and hotpants and she was THE Mechwarrior of the time. 'Actual pilots' doesn't really count in a setting with it's own rules and tech.
After how they got Shadowrun down I don't understand why they didn't with Battletech, and Cyberpunk also shows that you can do 80s inspired future tech.
>>
>>2708056
Triggered /v/irgin detected.
>>
I heard Battletech had performance issues. So it's a pretty moot point if the game is SJW or not.
I will also add, /v/ tends to overexaggerate everything, so even if the game does has SJW elements in it, it's minor and insignificant and doesn't have an impact on the game.
>>
>>2708100
>I heard Battletech had performance issues
I couldn't get it to run clean on my toaster laptop, but I couldn't get the new Fear Effect to run smoothly either.
>>
>>2708100
>I heard Battletech had performance issues

Worked well on my 6 year old PC. Obviously not with top graffix, but some higher than medium.
Great game in general. Quite a lot of fun, if a bit easy at times.
>>
>>2708106
Does it have /u/ content?
>>
File: 1536998245178.jpg (387 KB, 1044x1381)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
So I've heard from a /v/ thread that Coven has some yuri in it, can someone confirm or is another case of /v/irgins pulling ass out of their ass
>>
>>2708114
No, which everyone decided to neglect. Doesn't have romance at all.
>>
>>2708079
Skyrim is the most fun game I've ever played. I've uninstalled almost every game but Skyrim. I've always been a fan of Elder Scrolls series, sorry if your taste in video games differs from mine.

>>2708078
Well that looks a bit outlandish.

>>2708081
I'm not sure which one I'd install. Most of these mods only change everyone into lolis. I mean, I don't hate lolis but I'm not crazy into them either. It adds nothing much of value. None adds romance sim mechanics for example, like this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71754

There's also a mod that would turn every NPC into female, but it didn't work very well.
>>
>>2708121
Amorous Adventures and Interesting NPCs might be the only mods that offer what you're looking for. If you want romancable companions I've heard that Sofia and Vilja can be romanced by females too.
>>
>>2708122
>If you want romancable companions I've heard that Sofia and Vilja can be romanced by females too
This is true. Vilja is more involved though.
>>
>>2708121
>Skyrim is the most fun game I've ever played.
Sure it is.
> I've uninstalled almost every game but Skyrim
Sure you did.
>sorry if your taste in video games differs from mine.
Nothing at all wrong with that. Certainly nothing to apologize for.
>>
>>2708116
NonomNami once translated some of the flashback scenes. It's yuri, but also full of suffering
>>
File: ruka.png (631 KB, 645x608)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>2707789
It's cute. Definitely more of a focus on the language gimmick than the romance which was kind of disappointing but the art is really nice and it's a neat gimmick. I'm really curious how the translation's going to work because it seems like it would be... difficult.
>>
>>2708134
Hmmm. Not sure how to feel about that. What is the yuri to suffering ratio?
>>
Has there been a yuri vaporware on KS before?
>>
>>2708151
Canon lesbians and confession to dead lesbians and possibly implied het rape, as I remember
>>
>>2708183
Gonna have to pass because of that last part. I get panic attacks from it.
>>
>>2708213
>SJW want to EXTERMINATE WHITE PEOPE
Not sure if troll, but made me laugh.
>>
Rev up them reports
>>
>>2708246
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>2708246
Let's start with you
>>
The most hilarious thing about the sjw battletech is the strong female muslim that somehow evaded getting stoned to get education
>>
>>2708246
Ok, but is there lesbians?
We don't give a shit about your stupid war. Fuck off.
>>
>>2707423
I'm not going to support any future Razz projects. Her first few efforts were a disaster and then she caved to doing het stuff. No thanks.
>>
>want to talk about the girl on girl rape and corruption in a certain game
>thread is shit

eh maybe next time
>>
>>2708263
Fucking post it, you gigantic fuck. Anything board related would be better than this you idiot.
>>
Has there been any thing from Rooster Teeth's Nomad of Nowhere I mean I am shipping Scout and Toph so hard right now but I don't see any thing for eem
>>
>>2708263
I wanted to talk about it when it came out but people kept talking about beards and games that have been out for almost a decade.
>>
>>2708246
Any game that pisses incels off is a game worth playing.
>>
>>2708261
Why does it matter if a dev do het games apart from yuri games?
>>
>>2708267
Its out there it just not much...yet
>>
>>2708263
Was the rape hot at least? I'm not into incest but tasteful rape might save it.
>>
>>2708275
Wtf is tatseful rape? It was at least actually rape and didn't chicken out on it
>>
>>2708273
It's a case of a Dev says one thing and does another. They didn't need to add a 18+ het patch where the female mc gets nothing. A Dev that bends to pressure to create something do disgusting is not one I trust with Yuri. The games they make are shit anyways so I'm standing clear despite funding the earlier projects.
>>
>>2708275
Most of the "action" was either strongly implied or not described in detail

this sort of game isn't exactly a good fit for sex since the storytelling is limited to getting a paragraph of lore or descriptions

But like, the actual gameplay can involve violent impregnations, which might just hint at what I'm talking about
>>
>>2708279
>wtf is tasteful rape
1) features both emotional and physical attraction, 2) no justification/blame-avoidance bullshit ("it's not my/your fault").

There are some retards who manage to ruin rape by making it pure violence fetish and no romance to be found, or do those mental gymnastics to blame the victim.
>>
>>2708286
>some retards
Try every ero artist.
>>
>>2708286
I don't think you understand what rape is
>>
>>2708283
Can you write in English? Because I'm still not clear what you're trying to say. Did the dev add a het DLC for an originally yuri game, or was it a completely different game that was never yuri in the first place?
>>
At the point this entire thread needs to be fucking purged. What the fuck?!
>>
>>2708286
You want some consensual sexual assault? So rough sex?

This thread went off the deep end. I guess that's to be expected from people with nothing to do on a weekend.
>>
>>2708289
No, it's you who don't. I'm talking about the rapist's attraction to the victim. Don't give a shit whether the victim feels the same (FYI many victims do feel attracted to their rapists before being raped, and spousal rape is a thing).

There's a distinctive type of rape in hentai that features no such attraction. The rapist is simply in it to inflict pain and humiliation, rather than the typical "I love for you so much I must have your body against your will!" kind.

>>2708287
No, you're similarly retarded if you can't tell the differences.
>>
>>2708293
It's not assault if it's consensual, you dipshit. Which part of "rape" do you not understand?
>>
File deleted.
>>2708286
>this post

Anyway, game threads on /u/ should be strictly japanese only, otherwise you'll get pronouns and het dlc.
>>
>>2708290
I think anon is talking about some shitty eroge where you can play as either a female or male, but the DLC only add sex scenes if you play as a male, since they're the ones buying shit games.
I haven't played the game, but that's what I understood.
Anyway, Razz games have shit storyline. She should hire antoher writer.
>>
>>2708294
>The rapist is simply in it to inflict pain and humiliation, rather than the typical "I love for you so much I must have your body against your will!" kind.
Because that's what rape is.
I'm sure like, 1% of rape do feature emotional attraction from the rapist point of view, but mostly rape is about dominance and sexual arousal.
>>
>>2708301
You're missing the point entirely you drooling sub human retard.
>>
>>2708302
Not any of those anons, but there's no need to be so rude, rapefag. I understand what you are talking about, but for many people that's what all rape is, a violence fetish and the rapist's intentions don't change the fact that the victim is getting hurt.

I also feel that you are not really talking about yuri here, are you? Because for what I know, usually rape in yuri manga at least always have the characters being attracted to their victims, same with VNs if I'm not wrong.
>>
>>2708302
>You're missing the point
You talked about rape, I said what rape is. That's it.
It's like you're those brony trying to argue why masturbating for ponies isn't zoophilia.
>>
>>2708300
>I think anon is talking about some shitty eroge where you can play as either a female or male, but the DLC only add sex scenes if you play as a male, since they're the ones buying shit games.
>I haven't played the game, but that's what I understood.

I think that anon is full of shit because that doesn't apply to any of Razzart's games that have a selectable gender MC.

>Wolf Tails has sex scenes for both genders
>Happy Campers only has one sex scene with the MC and a lesbian couple who gets together no matter who you play as
>Catch Canvas has longer and more explicit sex scenes with a female MC

To that anon, are you sure you're not confusing Razz with Dharker?
>>
>>2708306
I think they meant the shitty camping one had a bug on the patch that showed only the male H scene
>>
>>2708299
>game threads on /u/ should be strictly japanese only, otherwise you'll get pronouns and het dlc.
I wish you were wrong.
>>
This thread is raping my eyes.
>>
>>2708299
What japanese game you want to talk about?
How about the futa one?
The one where the lesbians are raped by a guy?
Or maybe the one where you can throw sperm in their bodies?
>>
>>2708313
Huh? The yuri ones obviously? Why are you talking about futa or het? This is a yuri board, are you lost?
>>
>>2708315
That last one is even promoted as full yuri, anon.
>>
>>2708279
>Wtf is tatseful rape?

A delinquent is cornered by a gang of glasses girls with ponytails in an alley and they take her virginity by force
>>
>>2708308
Technically it reversed the genders so it showed you the female scene if you picked male at the beginning. In any case that anon is fucking moron if that is indeed what's going on.
>>
>>2708333
Yep, japanese don't do yuri after all.
>>
>>2708279
A rape where all parties enjoy it.
>>
>>2708306
http://razzartvisual.com/2018/05/02/wolf-tails-18-patch/

There you go. Only the male mc gets the free patch. Razzart doesn't care about Yuri now, only making money. So you can bet the future stuff is gonna be the same badly written cash grab.
>>
>>2708424
Both genders get hentai scenes in that.
>>
>>2708424
You people are ridiculous
>>
>>2708322
That does sound tasteful.
>>
>>2708433
Yuri or kys.

>>2708428
Huniepop-tier.
>>
>>2708520
You okay there dude? Sounds like you need to fuck off if you're jumping at shadows because you can't explain your stupid kink.
>>
>>2708424
>from that very link, "It adds adult scenes and uncensored CG, as well as some gender specific close-ups."
>somehow this equates to only adding content for the male MC

How do you remember to breathe when you're this retarded?
>>
>>2708559
What does the female mc get?
>>
>>2708580
Well clearly you haven't played it to know
>>
>>2708582
>paying for het
And here we are again. The issue is that we have someone who claims to do yuri not doing yuri. They don't have a passion for it. They just want what pays.
>>
>>2708583
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>2708583
Life must be easy when you can read people's minds.
>>
>>2708584
I said I ain't paying for no Razzart shit because the writing is shit and the artist will pander to the wrong crowd. You seem to take issue with it. Don't you have another awful vn to write?
>>
>>2708587
>I don't like this thing because they did this thing they didn't do
>well they didn't do that thing did you even look at it
>why would I look at it when they're going to do that thing they didn't do
You're retarded.
>>
>>2708589
Pls fuck off Razzart
>>
>>2708590
I love your one man one sided rivalry you have going on here
>>
This is coming out soon. No clue if their previous stuff is any good though.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/857080/Escape_from_the_Princess/
>>
>>2708263
What's game?
>>
File: 1529770142644.png (524 KB, 1377x1080)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>2708595
That's one really cute witch.

Looks nice, I'll check it out.
>>
>>2708583
Last time I checked Love Ribbon was very much yuri
>>
>>2708583
>They don't have a passion for it. They just want what pays.
As long as the game is decent, I couldn't really give two fucks about whether or not the dev is passionate about it. As for that patch, it's just your standard run-of-the-mill adult patch for both MCs, you bozo, there's no hidden het agenda.
>>
Have there been any good Choice of Games titles in the past 6 months or so?
>>
It's that jealous hetshit dev who shit on every EVN dev that /u/ like. Stop feeding the troll.
>>
>>2708595
That writing is almost Google Translate-tier though.
>>
>>2708696
Choice of Magics was good.
>>
>>2708772
Is it very expensive to hire a beta reader? My English is not bad but if possible, I want to hire one just to be sure for my own VN project.
>>
>Negligee: Love Stories
>Full of rape
>>
>>2708696
Choice of Magics and Silverworld.
>>
File: 1492570316869.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2708760
>EVN dev that /u/ like
???????????????????
????????????
?????????????????? ??????? ???
>>
>>2708683
Idc what you want, the games are not worth it anyhow.
>>
>>2708776
>>2708835
Thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
>>2708580
H-scenes without penises in them, you idiot, thats why the closeups are gender-specific.
>>
>>2708583
She does yuri. She also does things that pay.

We can't all live in the public library all day jacking off to pirated yuri porn before scavenging in a dumpster for food and some trash soft enough to sleep on.
>>
>>2708916
You CAN NOT tell me what to do!
>>
>>2708835
Seconding Silverworld. Interesting being able to select your character's country of origin; it makes being able to picture them a lot easier. I ended up making a hun who I envisioned as a tiny sour-faced horseback sharpshooter, and ended up hooking her up with the gestalt androids, very satisfying. The bee woman might've been nice too but I was already committed to the androids by then.

I really dig the pulp sci-fi radio drama serial adventure kind of setting, mixed with the weird, cosmic, unknowable otherworldly beings. Also the supporting cast is nice. I didn't expect to like the merchant guy as much as I did.
>>
>>2708916
False.

>>2708912
>lesbian writing het scenes
Ugh. Goldstar or gas.
>>
>>2708978
I should also mention that there is definitely a love scene with the robots, fade to black yeah but still, I ended up with a new hard-to-find fetish for making love to a singular AI controlling multiple bodies.
>>
>>2708981
Can we gas you instead?
>>
>>2708696
I'm kind of liking Dinoknights so far. I, Cyborg was also very interesting. I haven't finished either yet, and I can't speak to their romantic options just yet.
>>
>>2708696
Fallen Hero and Wayhaven are both great
>>
>>2709004
Fallen Hero is good, yes, but I didn't realize it was a Part 1 deal, especially given how fucking long it was.
>>
>>2709009
I'd consider that a good thing. Having a decently long 3 part series that's actually planned out properly instead of being an eternally meandering series that just fades out at some point is nice.
I like when these things actually feel like novels.
>>
I think I have found the first video game to have a lesbian protagonist. Ecstatica, 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpDWNVJIsCo

Thoughts, /u/?
>>
File: 1536560133481.png (592 KB, 469x542)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>2709014
>1:00:15
Hot.
>>
>>2709014
This looks surprisingly not shit for a world where everything is made of balloon animals.
>>
>>2709014
Oh yeah, I remember when Retsupurae riffed this game.
>>
>>2709014
Why does this give off a weird "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" vibe?
>>
>>2709021
It was amazing back in 94.
>>
>>2709017
>34:30
THICC
>>
>>2709014
That looks decent for its time; based on the video alone I thought it would be newer than Eternal Filena, but that came out in 1995, a year later.
>>
>>2709014
Is this not including Japanese lesbian eroge?
>>
>>2709071
Anon said game.
In terms of VNs, the earliest I could find with minimal searching was "Charm" for PC 98, released in 1992.
>>
>>2709071
Those are lame.
>>
>>2709071
Theres somesuper obscure early example from the80s iirc that no one cares about. OTOH ecstatica is just a case of offering a female pcoption andnot bothering to change the plot, not an intentional lesbian
>>
>>2709074
the VNDB yuri list starts with 'Slope' in 1990 but its tricky tagging the early games as yuri-only because so few have played them to verify
>>
>>2709118
Hey, in the early days that was best we could hope for. When they DID take the female protagonist into account in games they change the LIs into men. A good example of this is Fable 3 and Fallout 4.
>>
>>2709123
There is a huge number of completely untagged games as well, especially but not exclusively from early 90s and late 80s.
>>
>>2709135
Yeah man. Those ancient games Fallout 4 and Fable 3
>>
>>2709135
I appreciated it, it's just that if making a list of first real lesbian protagonists i would prefer to stick to games where it was intended.

Also I am still salty after all these years ever since Bioware scolded me for trying to hit on female prostitutes in NWN
>>
Is SaGa Frontier openly gay or just hinting at it?
>>
>>2709138
I used recent examples because those were the first to come to my head.
>>
>>2709139
Then it's going to be an incredibly short list.
>>
>>2709139
The fact that the game is the same for a male and female MC doesn't mean the devs didn't intend for the FeMC to be a lesbian. A FeMC option didn't spontaneously appear in the game code one day, the devs had to make the decision to implement it with full knowledge of the lesbian content it would entail.
>>
>>2709180
And, in Ecstatica's case, the FemPC is fully voiced. So it's not like they did a simple cosmetic change.
>>
>>2709143
I've played it quite a lot and I'd say not even hinting at it.
>>
>>2709143
People seem to be mad at Asellus's story for it being gay propaganda, at least.
>>
>>2709262
We're all delusional. If you weren't delusional you would'nt be posting here and imagining someone cares.
>>
>>2709014
The old The Witcher was amazing.
>>
>>2709143
I remember the MC marrying a man in the end.
>>
>>2709269
yeah apparently she only marries women in the bad end
>>
File: Spoiler Image (43 KB, 640x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2709269
The human end has her marrying someone, having kids and dying of old age.
The mystic end has her going evil and building a harem of princesses.
The half end has pic as its ending screen.
>>
>>2709284
Why ever aim for the """""good""""" end then?
>>
>3 more weeks till AC Odyssey
>>
>>2709352
Anything new or informative come out yet? I know Lesbos is confirmed but any older women romances?
>>
File: charlotteadult4.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>2707423
The Negligee prequel/sidestory has one yuri scene in it. One.
(And 10+ hetero scenes.)

Seriously, what was Dharker thinking with this? A yuri VN with an otome sidestory; it's a niche in a niche in a niche. Who is going to buy this?

I hope it bombs.
>>
>>2709388
Well, you gave us the only image that's worth, so no one needs to buy.
Someone should put all these yuri pics from shitty VNs in a pack and share here so no one would buy their bullshit.
>>
File: img-64.png (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Is there any game like Princess Maker, but y/u/ri? I really hate all the endings in that game, all het and some are really horrible.
>>
>>2709395
Long Live The Queen has yuri ends.
They're fucking hard to get, though, and the game can get dark.
>>
>>2709397
I never knew that game was like Princess Maker and had yuri. I'm probably getting it.
>>
>>2709392
Yuri CGs from Negligee Love Stories. Now no one on /u/ has to buy this.
https://mega.nz/#!9zxQGaCC!eN4z8k078ufZyQOiO_l865NTOFi_nt8bRg-oRy4qwhU
>>
>>2709350
There really isn't any, since it was actually written off as being explicitly not canon.
>>
>>2709418
Thanks, anon. The only thing worth in these are the CGs, anyway.
>>
>>2709388
How do you fuck up this bad?

Too bad it got all that free press for being the first explicit adult game on Steam, so it'll probably still sell
>>
>>2709388
>(And 10+ hetero scenes.)
You forgot most of them are rape, and the "yuri" character gets full CG with her boyfriend in the car
>>
>>2709395
I heard 4 has yuri endings, but I never played it myself so I can't confirm if that's actually true.
>>
>>2709437
No it has none.
>>
>>2709430
>the first explicit adult game on Steam
Wasn't it Kindred Spirits?
>>
>>2709449
I guess meaning dicks, though that was also in Ladykiller's rape scenes. It's not the first anything.
>>
>>2709437
Only one princess maker have yuri endings. And I guess it's more like: "Best friends end".
It's the one before the last. So that means they gave up on yuri ends again.
>>
>>2709454
It's the first explicit thing being released after Steam washing their hands of all responsibility, so it's getting the publicity, which is of course retarded. I'm sure that's exactly what Dharker was counting on, though.
>>
>>2708995
Males need not apply.

>>2709352
Preordering next week. First time preordering an asscreed game. Feels weird.
>>
>>2709471
Why do you act like a /u/ strawman
>>
>>2709479
Why were you born with the wrong chromosomes
>>
>>2709480
I mean is this some long con trolling thing for you?
>>
notto disu shitto agen
>>
>>2709465
This hilariously gonna become such a fucking mess.
>>
>>2709284
More like Badass ending. She's following and surpassing her father, she gets a power up and extra battles.
>>
>>2709493
Wish it was HuniePop 2 instead. Now that would've been a riot.
>>
>>2709518
HuniePop is basically the most mainstream porn game though
>>
>>2709388
Apparently it has so much het/rape to explain why the characters are all dykes in Negligee.
>>
>>2709541
>het rape to explain why the characters are all dykes
Because I needed a reason to hate this game more, apparently.
>>
>>2709541
Dharker is so fucking disgusting. I actually feel offended by his shit.
>>
>>2709551
He's a horrible person, too. Completely shady, deletes any negative feedback on the Steam forums and Discord, funds his own projects on Kickstarter to make them seem popular, changed his name from AJ Tilley when they were getting too much flak for having endless projects on 10+ Kickstarter accounts, pretended he stepped down as CEO of Aj Tilley and that Dharker was run by a new person for a while, changed a yuri game into some porno set so he could sell the CG as trading cards in a Kickstarter, etc.

It amazes me how much hate Winged Cloud gets for some minor shit when Dharker is pure garbage and gets no hate at all.
>>
>>2709559
Dharker got more hate here (unless I mixed him up with another dev who also turned a supposedly yurige into hetshit) than WC. I remember a dev who got so butthurt that /u/ shit on him that he attempted to redirect the hatred towards WC, yet none on /u/ took the bait and told him off. He then persistently trolled the game threads, constantly accussing people of treating him unfairly while liking WC.
>>
>>2709564
What the hell are you on about with that tangent?

WC isn't that bad, they've never put lesbian conversion in their titles, for starters.
>>
>>2709572
>reading comprehension: zero
While we seem to agree on WC, I suggest you kill yourself.
>>
>>2709578
I was talking about Dharker being shit and you went on some stupid rant about an argument you got in one time? Get a life.
>>
>>2709581
>You: It amazes me how much hate Winged Cloud gets for some minor shit when Dharker is pure garbage and gets no hate at all.
>I: Dharker got more hate here (unless I mixed him up with another dev who also turned a supposedly yurige into hetshit) than WC
Can you read? I don't think so. Kill yourself, brainlet.
>>
>>2709471
>Preordering next week. First time preordering an asscreed game. Feels weird.
Hope you don't regret it. AssCreed games are buggy pieces of shit at release.
>>
>>2709286
That's some gay symbolism right there.
>>
>>2709269
SAGA games have more than one MC. The Frontier ones are no exception.
>>
>>2709559
>It amazes me how much hate Winged Cloud gets for some minor shit when Dharker is pure garbage and gets no hate at all.
Have you thought that this is because no one gives a shit about him outside /u/? Could change now, which would expose him.
WC on the other side is this big shit dev making shit games that gets a ton of money. I don't even hate WC, though. They sell what they advertise, shit. I hate people who give them money, instead.
>>
>>2709613
D/a. I'm not familiar with the dev scene, how popular is WC (let's say compared to Hanako)? And are their yuri games sell just as well as their het games?

I've never bought WC stuff but have watched a couple LPs. The writing is shallow as heck and the plot is always unsatisfying, but I appreciate that it's pure yuri with alive and happy lesbians. It's amazing how relaxing to not have to worry about het past, het rape, sudden het, bisluts, dead lesbians, gratuitious angst, or subconscious homophobic stuff.
>>
>>2709659
>how popular is WC
They make thousands on their Patreon alone. It's not popular compared to big games, but it's a popular niche.
>>
>>2709598
Even the console version?
>>
>>2709712
Babe, you have no idea.
>>
>>2709471
>Preordering
Please don't do this.
>>
>>2709712
Most of past AssCreeds' issues weren't that they had bad ports: all releases were varying level of fucked. The consoles even had it a bit worse in some cases in that the games would run at awfully inconsistent framerates while at least some PCs could run them smoothly.
>>
>>2709718
>>2709713
I see... I guess I'll wait before pre-ordering then. Also, now that I think about it, if the console version is fucked I imagine it will actually take longer than the PC version to get patches to unfuck it.
>>
>>2708261
I liked love ribbon but Catch Canvas made me catch cancer.

Razz needs to steer clear of the Jap tropes. We have Japanese VN for that.

Likewise anything with a self insert MC ends up way to shallow to be interesting.
>>
Is Tsui Yuri the sisters game? Will it come to steam?

>>2707423
>Mizuchi kickstarter succeeded

Is it still possible to back/pledge?
>>
>>2709667
>500 patrons
Even if they make $10k/month, it's still a small salary when you split it between the artist, writer, programmer, musician, designer, etc. Barely enough for a studio to stay afloat. Plus they seem to be a regular waifufag-catering group with occasional pure yuri projects, I don't see why anyone here would get butthurt over them. There are plenty other hentai artists and porn SFM makers who earn triple to ten times that.
>>
>>2709598
I played Origins at launch on Xbone, and it wasn't too bad. A few minor bugs here and there, but nothing major or game-breaking.
>>
>>2709730
>I don't see why anyone here would get butthurt over them.
Like it was said, they aren't even hated here. We call them shit devs, which they are.
>>
Divinity: Original Sin EE for $10, a record low, over at GOG and Steam, for those interested.

Though, I'm sure how I feel about romancing my two main characters by myself..
>>
>>2709779
Get a friend and convince them to fall in lesbians with you using your unmatched rock-paper-scissors skills.
>>
>>2709388
>Dharker
speaking of those guys, thought I'd give starlight drifters a chance.
so you can play as male or female and romance your squadmates. cool. there are exclusive male-only and female-only romances. nice.

and then obviously, the male-only romance is... guess what ? a bi girl, and if you play as FemC she dates a girl yet you can't romance her.
>>
>>2709716
I'm so preordering persona Q 2 though
>>
>>2709806
Don't give him money, pirate it if you really want to try it. He's an actual scam artist.
>>
File: Yuri Vampire.png (1.07 MB, 1280x720)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
If you are interested in Yuri CYOA type Vampire games, check this Kickstarter out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/753131002/nighthawks-the-vampire-rpg-0/description

It seems a known developer is attempting to make a sort of spiritual sequel to Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines. I love VTMB. While it's going to be awhile before a proper triple AAA company will create that full-fledged sequel, this new game in the meantime seems like it's going to be fun!

It's for the PC and will be getting a steam release.
>>
>>2709834
>can't play as an ugly disfigured ratbiter that nobody likes
Literally unplayable.
>>
>>2709807
Don't.
>>
>>2709835
We can't all be nosferatu neechan.
>>
>>2709834
At least there's a chance this might actually get finished if it's just a CYOA
>>
>>2709835
Being John Malkavian.
>>
Anyone have an upload for Tsui Yuri?
>>
>>2709891
Buy it it's good
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/857080/Escape_from_the_Princess/

It's out.
>>
>>2709920
Is it shit?
>>
>>2709920
That looks way better than a budget russian game has any right to be. I enjoyed Sweet Fantasy for what it was and this looks like an improvement. I'm impressed.
>>
>>2709920
>English is still cyka
Blyat
>>
I don't fucking understand what this plotline is supposed to be
>>
>>2709940
meant for >>2709920
>>
>>2709471
Same, but debating if I want to pick up the season pass too.

Will be the first AssCreed I pay. Didnt even buy Jade's game all those years back.
>>
>>2709598
Probably, but I'm getting the PC version and Ubi stated that Odyssey will be getting the biggest support post launch yet. Patches will be quick.
>>
>>2707452
>>2707467

Katawa Shoujo took YEARS to happen. I really doubt that their style of composing a multi writer setup will work for every other vaporware dev.
>>
>>2707736
the problem is you want your audience to play the same way: everyone tries every route. You can't control people, anon.

Freaks like me will play every route, but every other guy or gal will play only one route and call it a day. That's just the nature of people.

Just have variety and you'll hit a bigger number of people who will go "Oh hey, I wanna date that character"
>>
>>2709834
And this will what, take 3 years to release?
>>
>>2709965
>only 3 years
if only we are all could be so lucky
>>
>>2709957
Yet another unproductive comment. Obviously everybody has their own habit, but can't you focus on brainstorming a way to MANIPULATE those habits? It's like commenting "everybody is different, not everyone will like the same product" in a strategic meeting of creating a product that most people will want to use. You're being unhelpful and missing the point, and will definitely get fired.

In other words, think. What's the most common reasons somebody only play 1 route? What direct and indirect measures can we take to counteract each of those reasons? Are those measures prohibitively expensive? Can they all be used at once or must we decide on a direction to avoid diluting the content? What are the success and failure stories that we can learn from?
>>
>>2709965
That is if it even releases
>>
>>2709888
Terrible.
>>
>>2709940
>princess
>witch
>yuri
That's all I need to read.
By the way, I thought it was supposed to be all ages, but there's an adult patch.
Well, even if it turns out to be bad, it's pretty cheap.
I also pity the dev. She follows back everyone who follows her on twitter.
>>
>>2709969
The best (and perhaps only) way to ensure most people play all the routes is to have a plot that requires all routes to truly get the complete picture of. Such games also typically have a "true route" unlocked by completing all the other ones, typically either not associated with any particular heroine as it is driven to complete the plot or being the harem route (either explicitly or with an implied harem end).
>>
>>2709997
Yeah, I also think that's the most common solution and the one that typically get me to play all the routes. The promise of romance alone isn't enough, there must be unexplained mystery.
>>
>>2709989
That's cute, must be a struggling artist. I think she's severely under-selling herself, as these could easily be priced at $10-12. She just needs an English editor first.

>2 yuri
>1 otome and yuri
>1 otome
Pretty reliable too.
>>
>>2710026
Of course. Plot-driven games and !dating games! are different genres consumed differently.
One focused around plot may treat the romance as coincidental to the events and have routes for characters the player might even dislike upon their introduction--it doesn't matter whether you're into them or not, you want to see what they're bringing to the table that is the greater story.
On the other hand, a dating game lives and dies by the variety offered, where each heroine has to appeal to someone--preferably to a person who might not be interested in the other ones.

Thus, if you have a game about romancing characters, people are going to play the route(s) for the characters they want to romance--or if you want to put more distance between the player and the PC, whichever character they think would be the best match(es) with the protagonist. Sure, if it's well enough written, some people may be interested enough to give the other ones a shot, but that's not really even the point in most games like that.

A dating game in which you try to get a person to go for all of the option is pointless in that it's not really the point of the genre. The only way to get everyone to go for all of the characters is to have all of them fill the same niche and so have the game appeal exclusively to people into that niche.
>>
>>2709846
At least I can be a nosferatu in real life.
>>
>>2710046
Disagree. If what you said were true, people would have flocked to VNs where there's only a predetermined LI. But the truth is that both guys and girls PREFER when there's a choice, and the market reflected that desire. They avoid games where there's no choice, even if the single LI looks very hot and sounds like the type they'd go for had it been a regular multi-route game.

Another clue that proved your belief wrong is the fact that most of the time, the fandom has a clear dominant preference for one LI over the others. 80-90% will unanimously agree on the best girl/guy for MC, whereas the rest are split among everyone else. Such a small percentage of hipster players doesn't justify the cost that the dev had to spend to create all these extra routes, but they still do it for a reason. And that reason is NOT to draw in hipster players.

What do those two clues mean? It means that different LIs are not primarily meant to cater to different niche interests. No, their primary function is to provide variety - a sense of choice, and thus provide the interactice element as opposed to passive kinetic novel. Catering to hipster players is just secondary.

I've talked with other indie devs on lemmasoft, and let me tell you the most common story: Everybody is initially inspired to create a game where their MC can date multiple people and outlined all the routes. But by the time they've written down the first draft, they inevitably developed a sense of who should be the main LI, and spent all their effort on him/her route, and got burnt out for everyone else. Some managed to half-heartedly write other routes to completely the game, some switched to a small 1-route game, some hired someonr else to write the rest.
Listening to that story for the umpteenth time, I can't help but think the only way to write a dating sim with truly equal routes is to have multiple writers who create their own ideal heroine.
>>
>>2710057
>the only way to write a dating sim with truly equal routes is to have multiple writers who create their own ideal heroine
Eh, what? Most jap games only have one writer and they're got multiple routes.
The problem with english speaking indie devs is that they don't have the budget/time for bigger games. Art costs quite a lot when you're on a shoestring budget.
>>
>>2710057
I'm sorry, but there's only really one reason for multiple heroines: Ero. And that's it. We are at a point, where even minor characters get random ero and/or a sub-route, because some apparently get angry, if not every girl in the game has lewd content. It's a horrible situation, but alas. It is what it is. Even the few writers hating this trend do still include ero filled mini routes for the other characters. Because they have to.

The sample size of games without ero is just a little too low, to really know what's going on there. (in Japan) But well, there's also some truth to the whole "first appeal" thing. Have plenty of pretty girls on a cover, hopefully one appeals. That's a general rule. It's very very hard to sell a story. It's much easier to sell well designed characters. So everyone tries. Games like "dear my abyss" will simply always have a hard time. It looks like nothing based on the cover. Yet it is really good and also recommended for /u/, if you are fine that it's not primarily about romance. Or even secondarily.
>>
>>2710054
Except for the needing to suck blood to live part, yeah.
>>
>>2710080
Speak for yourself
>>
>>2710080
Bloodplay is pretty hot, though.
>>
>>2710091
This anon knows whats up
>>
Could this have something for /u/s?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefFWrsmXTU
>>
>>2710195
Nice
>2020
Oh for fuck's sake
>>
>>2710195
Hope so. The devs seemed like yuri fans what with all the lesbians, the Yuru Yuri reference, and the imageboard being called danger/u/.
>>
>>2710195
>>2710203
>/u/ hates it for not enough lesbians
>/v/ hates it for too much lesbians
I guess the only winning move is not to play.
>>
File: alcoholism.jpg (9 KB, 160x160)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2710195
>more waifu bartending
>Anna's name in the title
My body is ready.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (104 KB, 694x673)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>2710218
>MC has a partner named Leon
>they have a kid
>>
File: 1503200841663.png (116 KB, 512x552)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>2710223
Goddammit.
I sure hope there's an option to tell Leon to fuck off and go bang some cyborg girl.
>>
>>2710223
Well, there goes the excitement I had. Dammit, I thought the devs were our allies.
>>
File: 1471352787045.jpg (62 KB, 343x525)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2710223
Well shit.
>>
>>2710223
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>2710217
Apparently what they did.
>>
>>2710223
Only bring this up again if she has a daughter and fucks her.
>>
File: dontwantit.png (141 KB, 269x292)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>2710242
8 year old son. The game is dead to us.
>>
>>2710246
I'd buy it if it has c/u/te side couples, desu. I liked the cat girl/guard couple from Valhalla.
>>
>>2710223
Eh, guess they didn't want to repeat Jill again.
>>
>>2710195
>not yuri
So literally no redeeming qualities other than the OST this time. The art style is even more tryhard and looks worse. At least the official site's url is not fucking retarded compared to the first one.
>>
>>2710246
>son
Who even wants that? Loli sells but no one gives a shit about shota except for some weirdos.
>>
>>2710300
At this point, shota is probably a larger niche among video game nerds than yuri.
>>
>>2710195
The only possible consolation is if they have multiple routes/endings we can take for yuri. If not and hetshit is endgame then the dev can fuck right off out of /u/ and existence.
>>
>>2710300
The mainstream ships 2B with that piece of shit 9S instead of 6O.
>>
>>2709807
You retards never fucking learn do you?
>>
>>2710309
The devs were never on /u/ in the first place, calm your tits.
>>
>>2710324
Yeah, its just the supposed in-game reference that made me assume they at least knew of /u/.
>>
>>2710329
Of course they knew about /u/ and 4chan in general, but unlike, say, AA dev, they never were an active participant of any thread on /u/.
>>
>>2710332
I see. Thanks for the info. I dont frequent the gaming thread much.

Still miffed they decided to "abandon" the yuri but we'll see I suppose.
>>
>>2710195
Welp. Still, the first game happened, even if the second did not.
>>
>>2710195
"Parka" will conquer the world.
>>
>>2710036
I keep meaning to try and contact her to see if I can hire her to just do the art for a game sometime.
>>
>>2710057
>I've talked with other indie devs on lemmasoft, and let me tell you the most common stor
sounds like you've been talking to newbies making their first games who didn't realise that it would actually be work? Because yeah, people in that situation often bite off more than they can chew. hiring a bunch of other equally newbie writers to do eac route is not likely to lead to quality though.
>>
>>2710069
>I'm sorry, but there's only really one reason for multiple heroines: Ero. And that's it.
Many non-ero games with multiple routes would disagree with you.
>>
>>2710462
Many? Compared to the ero variants, there's maybe 5% of that in Japan. MAYBE. Don't look at the western market. They often copy stuff blindly from there without thinking and adapt it to what "fits" here. Although the no ero games get less as well.

The all ages games that have multiple routes are so little, that it's hard to say way that's the case. Standard in the medium? Actually useful for once? Console otome games are once again a completely different beast I haven't counted into this. It may just be the target group. Vns aimed at girls may be sold more often to the ~14 year old audience, while that's where the guys don't really get that stuff. Otherwise there'd be more released directly for that target audience. More than like 1-2 games a year.
>>
When you're making indie games if you try to appeal to what sells instead of making something you think is good you're going to create a shitty pandering mess that will fail miserably 99% of the time.
>>
>>2710477
Oh, I know it's a lot fewer, but you said ONLY one reason and I'm a pedant.

There often is a difficult bind for authors when they've committed themselves to X routes but not every character really leaps out as having the same story potential as the others, and it becomes awkward trying to make each route "equal" for fairness purposes. If there isn't at least more than one route with really strong potential, though, your plot design skills are terrible to begin with.

Fairness is especially a problem in the kind of game that tries to appeal to too many audiences in the first place. If it's an all-yuri game and there's six routes, it's kind of more okay to give in and accept that one route is just a side route. If you were trying to do "one GxB, one BxB, one GxG, one BxG" type things, and one of those options turned out extremely half-baked, that audience segment is ticked.
>>
>>2710482
OTOH if you try to make what you think is good with no regard for anyone else, you often end up with a game no one wants to play. Balance in all things.

(Suggested compromise: Come up with an idea you think is awesome, then bounce it around a few people to see if you get any bites. If they seem only politely interested, double-check with yourself on just how awesome you think this idea is and how much you can afford to be wrong.)
>>
>>2710497
I like the approach Akai Ito and Aoishiro took. You're encouraged to play each route because you learn more about an overarching plot with each route you complete. Hakuai does this to an extent.

Other VN's have taken this approach, some leaving things unexplained unless you go down some bad end routes, but those aren't yuri. I like that.
>>
File: 1465893081777.gif (89 KB, 925x837)
89 KB
89 KB GIF
>>2710223
That's disappointing. I guess it might be unreasonable to expect them to go yuri again, since the MC gender was kinda picked at the last minute before, anyway. It was a wonder we even got what we got, and lord knows they took it on the chin for even doing that much. And they seem like good guys, I really can't hold it against them. They just want to make cyberpunk bartending. The lesbians were only ever a cherry on top in the first place.

That said, I don't think I want it. I might at least wait to see reactions when it releases first.

Like other anon said, I'm just glad we got VA-11 Hall-A. And most importantly, I'm glad they brought all this out up front instead of letting it be an unpleasant surprise for people who were expecting otherwise. So don't get your hopes up, guys. If you're into cyberpunk stuff and you don't mind, I'm sure it'll be great, but don't bet on it being lesbian unless otherwise confirmed. And don't be a bunch of salty bitches about it either, that doesn't incentivize anyone to pander to us.
>>
>>2710509
If there's one thing this board is good at it's being salty bitches though
>>
>>2710509
We can also take comfort in fact there are plenty of other games with /u/ content available, or at least will be available soon. Like AC Odyssey.
Though there is still lots of room for improvement and the occasional hiccup like this, I think we can all mostly agree that when it comes to /u/ in video games, things are alot better than they were in the past and they are definitely improving even further.
>>
>>2710514
That's the whole of 4chan in the major boards. Ever been to /Pol/?
>>
>>2710509
>to go yuri again
>go yuri again
>yuri
>again
I'm missing something here?
>>
>>2710611
The first one had quite a few lesbians in it and the only relationship of note that Jill had was with a girl, guys usually didn't amount to much with her, and she's currently crushing on her boss and in one ending goes on a vacation with her.
>>
>>2710640
I guess i just have a different understanding of what yuri means.
>>
You guys are ridiculous. Sukeban games was never a yuri focused developer. They wanted to tell stories with quirky PEOPLE, not lesbian only yuri. It makes complete sense that the sequel would be about another girl but with the struggle of a turbulent marriage and taking care of her kid. VA11 HALL-A had shout outs to /u/ and gay moments but thats because the story centered on Jill, a bi chick who has a crush on her boss and visited danger/u/ when she's bored. A new protagonist with a new lifestyle and responsibilities was expected.

VA11 HALL-A was yuri friendly, but it was obvious the developers are more interested in expanding the universe to be about all kinds of weirdos.
>>
>>2710645
Yeah I figured as much, and I can appreciate that they want to expand on the universe. Anime-esque cyberpunk stuff is really hard to come by.
>>
>>2710514
There's a reason other boards hate us.
>>
>>2710654
I'm convinced that we're small enough to be largely unnoticed.
>>
>>2710654
Which would make them a hypocrite. So, /u/ gets salty about stuff, and they get salty about /u/ being salty? How loser-like.
>>
>>2710654
Which board on 4chan isn't a salty bitch? Not to mention the saltiest and bitchiest boards are /pol/, /r9k/, /v/, /co/, /tv/, and /a/.

/u/ is by far still an imouto compared to their miserable lowlives.
>>
>>2710678
Eh, lesbian stuff has been appearing more and more in mainstream media. That there's grievances towards us makes sense in that regard.
Take The Last of Us 2 for example, that was about as in your face as it can get for some.
>>
>>2710654
Does it matter? Would they not hate us if we never bitched about anything? Does anyone even care?
>>
>>2710678
Not really, since crossboarding is a thing and for some reason there's more than a few people who do their best to give /u/ a bad name. Not only that but with lesbians becoming more prevalent in modern media the resident neckbeards and newfags are becoming more resentful, and /u/ is getting caught in the crossfire regardless.
>>
Flowers complete edition announced for PS4 in Japan.
Not that it matters for us, but wanted to say it anyway.
>>
File: 1448402376654.gif (58 KB, 310x310)
58 KB
58 KB GIF
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/flowers-four-seasons-coming-to-ps4-in-spring-2019-in-japan
Coming to west:never
>>
Is anyone else just completely sick of schoolgirl yuri to the point where they won't even bother reading it anymore?
>>
>>2710740
Me. I could do with some mid-30s yuri.
>>
>>2710740
I'm sick of complaints about schoolgirl yuri to the point where I won't even bother reading them anymore.
>>
>>2710749
I wish there was a lot of complaints.
>>
File: 1423605198374.jpg (32 KB, 323x337)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2710740
I want more fantasy yuri, either a womanizer adventurer in a quest for fame and pussy or an elf girl getting ORC'D by strong sexy orc girls
>>
>>2710740
Anime is really the wrong niche to be sick of schoolgirls in, anon
>>
>>2710740
I feel you. Mostly because it's the majority outside of games and the older I get the weirder it feels to enjoy it.
>>
>>2710740
Nah, I feel you. I don't begrudge it, I just would like to see more adults. There's been more lately, though, so I have hope. I feel a bit like
>>2710765
about anime in general, at least when it comes to romance stuff. I'm still cool with kids when it comes to general shenanigans. Bocchi will always be near and dear to my heart, for instance.

>>2710761
Anime, yeah, but manga tends to give you a little more variety. The trade-off is that most stuff like that is horribly short.
>>
>>2710749
This desu
>>
>>2710740
Yes.
>>
From everything I'm hearing I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed but I think we should know where our expectations should be. It's the first RPG in the series so I expect the choice and romance stuff to be very shallow and rough. best case for me is that they don't abandon this direction and refine everything as the series goes on. I would adore an east asian AC that let me play as a lesbian assassin as ahistoric as that may be.
>>
>>2710740
nope would happily play one if it was like a generic het eroge with all the different stereotype choices and the art was good
>>
>>2710881
>I would adore an east asian AC that let me play as a lesbian assassin as ahistoric as that may be.
I would love that so much.
>>
>>2710881
People have been asking for an east asian AC since the beginning. I don't think it'll ever happen.
>>
>>2710888
I wonder if it will be possible to... 'run out' of distinct and recognisable time periods for the series. The series has had 10 main games in 11 years and we just got ancient egypt and ancient Greece. I'm guessing a Roman Empire setting would come first but I can't think of anything as big and exploitable as say Warring States China. That said I'm not even close to being a history buff so I have no idea.
>>
>>2710892
Soviet lesbians from the Cold War period fucking when.
>>
>>2710740
Not to the point of refusing to read/write/play it, no. I admit, I get more excited by something that isn't that.

And for people who are making one-couple stories there's no excuse for sticking with schoolgirls IMO. The main reason for yuri gravitating to girls schools is that it's the easy mode to explain why you have an available harem of desperate girls and every single one you see is probably willing to bend a little.

But if all you want to do is "younger, shyer girl falls for older, bossier girl who is a bitch to her until she opens up" you can write a secretary/boss story.
>>
>>2710892
I mean, history is a really big place, especially since the degree of separation between different cultures was so significant until relatively recently. You start adding in the possibility of having sequels featuring the same characters a la Ezio, and the series will run out of plot ideas and money long before it runs out of potential historical locales.

>mongolian dyke assassin who has to navigate the imperial court during the reign of kublai khan, taking advantage of being a woman to flirt with the harem, while trying not to fall in love with her chinese archenemy

This shit really writes itself.
>>
File: SeersIsle_1-750x400.jpg (43 KB, 750x400)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I wouldn't exactly call Seers Isle a yuri visual novel, but...

During my first playthrough, two women fell in love, had sex in a cave, and were implied to live happily ever after.

So, you know, it's got yuri elements in it.
>>
Only thing I really want from AC series (besides more lesbians) is that they'd ditch all the modern day animus bullshit. That shit is whack and boring.
>>
>>2710888
One of the AC Chronicles side scrolling arcade games featured a female Chinese protagonist.
>>
>>2710896
Princess x Pistolier has a pseudo-soviet lesbian merc crushing on a pseudo-mexican princess.
>>
>>2710932
Sorry, forgot to mention, it's a comic on webtoons.
>>
>>2710892
Would Cao Cao be the wild card that's neither Templar nor Assassin?
>>
>>2710927
Yeah, the one that Ezio met in Embers.
>>
>>2710908
There's certainly no shortage of material to work with.

>Andalusian assassin working for the Umayyad Caliphate in Spain. Taking orders from the Caliph himself, you must deal with Christian enemies while also seeking out and killing Abbasid spies. Featuring a wide variety of Christian, Muslim and the occasional Jewish waifus to seduce and romance.
>>
>>2710918
Did they not do that in Origins or even before that? I thought I heard that they did.
>>
File: 1535492425479.png (1.03 MB, 1280x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>2710933
>Korean-written Soviet x Mexican lesbian romance
If this doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster, I don't know what does.
>>
>>2710938
Not really. They greatly lessened the frequency and shortened the length of the out of Animus segments and the plots in this segment barely exist unlike the first games which had their own separate cast but the segments are still there.
>>
>>2710223
Read further
>is fighting with said partner most of the time
>he's a Yakuza
Maybe she'll be able to leave him, pick a waifu and skip town with her and the kid
>>
>>2710981
>and the kid
Nah, leave him behind, he's not worth it.
>>
>>2710981
I would play it in that case, but the first game had a linear path so I wouldn't expect it.
>>
>>2710982
>not wanting the kid to grow to love his mom's waifu and see her as his other parent
>not wanting the kid to ship his two moms because they fit together and he can see his mom is so much happier with her waifu
>not wanting the Yakuza father to be abandoned by both his wife and his son while they have a happy ending with the waifu

Step up your game, neechan.
>>
>>2711043
>kid to ship his two moms
>>>/out/
I only accept kids if they're cute little girls who can engage in acts of carnal love with their mothers. Boys need not apply.
>>
>>2711045
lesbians reproduce by cloning so it's not incest it's just banging a younger copy of your wife
>>
File: 1519067346232.jpg (233 KB, 866x718)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>2711052
>not incest
That's bad.
>banging a younger copy of your wife
That's still good, I guess.
>banging a younger copy of yourself
Now that's the stuff.
>>
Anyone catch this?

>https://gematsu.com/2018/09/flowers-four-seasons-coming-to-ps4-in-spring-2019-in-japan
>>
>>2711088
>>2710729
>>
>>2711007
That could be the linear path. I don't see how she can stay together with a criminal.
>>
>>2711183
There are a ton of people who stay together with criminals despite being decent people themselves. It's not uncommon.
>>
>>2711185
If you mean someone that commited crimes in the past, maybe. But currently a criminal, you are either deluded by loved and retarded or just not a decent person at all.
>>
>>2711189
How many of us are knowingly committing crimes against copyright?
>>
>>2711192
Because playing super mario on a emulator is totally the same as being a fucking Yakuza murdering people, doing drug, weapon and human trafficking and blackmailing underage girls into prostitution, right?
>>
>>2711205
Yes.
>>
File: 1491848022189.jpg (392 KB, 800x800)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>2711208
Oh no, I better hide from the FBI, I've been playing pokemon romhacks
>>
>>2711205
Hey, you said "currently a criminal". Many people have justifications for whatever they're doing which may seem totally reasonable to them and shocking to others.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are okay with drug dealing because "it's not like they're forcing anyone to buy them" or something like that. Especially if they've only dealt with small-time vendors who don't routinely shoot people.
>>
File: hellopolice.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2711213
How do you even live with yourself, you literal scum.
>>
>>2711213
And you're a disgusting gay pervert, which is also illegal.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTZA2NBcxM
>a SWERY game
>that intro message
>a full game, so it can't get axed in the middle like D4

it's probably gonna end depressing and fucked up, but I'm hyped
>>
>>2710915
Looks interesting, which characters though?
>>
>>2711223
>SWERY
Well shit, that's unexpected. I thought the only game he was doing recently was The Good Life.
>>
>>2711223
The game looks fun, and pretty gay. I just don't like the voice acting.
>>
>>2710645
I agree desu and I consume yuri as exclusively as possible. It’s not as if they promised us anything
>>
>>2711288
Who's SWERY?
>>
>>2711183
Yakuza characters aren't even portrayed as criminals anymore. Nowadays they're these cool guys dealing with shit to protect their family.
Like, Hinamatsuri came out just last season.
>>
>>2711223
SWERY wanted to make Deadly Premonition with a female protagonist, but a western dev said female protagonist doesn't sell and made them change it for a male.
He also said he wanted a female protagonist for D4 sequel chapters, but the game died.
Guy had to make his own company to make the games he wanted.
>>
>>2711223
If its from SWERY is gonna be kinovidya so it already has my moneys.
>>
>>2711365
And while i'm at it, i love the design of JJ.
>>
>>2711365
>kinovidya
stop
>>
>>2711329
It's the reason she's at odds with him, so he clearly isn't the Kazuma Kiryu type

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.