[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1529409612307.jpg (738 KB, 916x1079)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
There was desires for a person projects thread so here one is.

This thread is for any personal yuri projects you're currently working on or have ideas for, and to get feedback and advice from other creative anons.

accepted examples can include but are not limited to
>comics
>stories
>yuri card games
>yuri video games
>yuri cut outs
>yuri cafes
>yuri food
>using genetic engineering to manipulate animals into having the ability to breed with just females
>>
what would yuri food be?
other than pussy
>>
File: 1519333292118.png (922 KB, 602x882)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
>>2753216
>>
>>2753216
Macarons
>>
>>2753216
Lily jam.
>>
File: lewdreactionimage.png (127 KB, 536x431)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>2753264
That sounds lewd.
>>
File: kohane2.png (334 KB, 695x982)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
Anima Yell! suffering story focusing on Uki and Kohane
pastebin.com/4q8ddaKy

I feel like I wrote a doujin without the sex. Stuck in editing it, so I'd like feedback. I'll read your story in return and comment.
>>
>>2753269
Tastes even lewder!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.18 MB, 5906x5906)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
I'm working on a shitcomic about two girls discovering their sexuality. I know it's a cliche idea but it's my first comic!
>>
>>2753301
Oh this looks really cute!
I hope you post it here sometime, cliched stories are fun in their own way.
>>
>>2753301
*Okay
>>
>>2753206
I know there's someone on the games thread that posted a WiP yuru yuri hack of Earthbound about a month back. I'm curious how that's turning out.
>>
I made a fallout mod with companion who is lesbian, does that count?
>>
Does having a daughter and trying to make her a lesbian count?
>>
>>2753391
>>2753400
Yes. Good luck with your daughter. Make sure she grows up with stealth-yuri CGDCT and tell her all about your OTPs and how it's normal to like girls. Don't say it isn't normal to like boys, because then she'll do it to spite you.
>>
>>2753245

macarons are definitely a yuri food
>>
>>2753271
What the hell.
>>
>>2753391
Which game? New Vegas I hope.
>>
>>2753271
I'm not even sure what you were going for here. The tone is all over the place. First there's the initial dark and hopeless tone, followed by the cartoonish rescue sequence. It feels so disjointed and inconsistent. There's also a few typos here and there.
>>
>>2753513
Thanks, I figured out what I did wrong. I imagined what I thought would be funny at some parts and what I thought would build the drama of the situation at others. Didn't consider the overall effect in how it would read to someone else at all, too wrapped up in my own head. I should have chosen a genre. I must have gotten the idea from anime which can be melodramatic one part and light the next, but it works in visual form because the whole thing is animated so it already lends itself to levity of theme.
>>
I was working on a Yuru Yuri EarthBound romhack, but that's been put on hold since I couldn't work out how to skip the meteor at the start.
>>
>>2753301

Art seems good so far. Need help with plot ideas?
>>
>>2757118
thats really neat anon! Shame about the meteor bit but i'm sure if you really needed help theres romhack sites who could give tips for earthbound.
>>
>>2757118
I hope you figure it out because that's pretty adorable
>>
>>2757118
There aren't any like, disassembled roms or buildfile bases or anything?
You could go through it with an emulator that has a debugging function and check what calls the meteor.
To be fair, I have no idea about SNES romhacking.
>>
>>2762120
>>2762122
I'm in the process of figuring out a workaround. I'll be sure to post a little demo here if anything substantive comes out of it.

>>2762240
For what it's worth, EarthBound is quite well documented, with enough trial and error I should be able to work something out.
CoilSnake is the tool that's used if you're interested.
>>
I want to make a yuri comic or a visual novel (I've finished both personally so I'm experienced.)

But I have no ideas. None. Creatively dead.

Someone kill me.
>>
>>2762290
Make a game about a girl who wanted to do a game, but she had no idea what to do. Until she find a naked girl in her bed to serve as her inspiration.
Then she find out that the girl was born from her imagination. But she wonder if loving the girl is the same as love another person or if it's just loving her own narcissistic self.
>>
>>2762290
Sukeban gang wars mixed with romance
>>
>>2757118
>>2762245
I've never touched SNES roms or Earthbound, but my two thousand and three hundred cents.

Also, please grab a debugger if you're doing more than just a reskin.

Event flag list:
http://pkhack.fobby.net/down/docs/flag_crusade.txt

I'm assuming EVENT_NAME1 in the CCScript command reference contains the call to the particular event with the meteor and stuff.

I dunno where the event/cutscene files are in Earthbound or how they're formatted, but you should be able to replace them entirely. It will, however, require repointing.

Why does CoilSnake make me so mad?
>>
>>2762290
You could go to one of the plot threads and just steal someone's idea. Its not like they're ever going to use it.
>>
File: 1411414742385.jpg (62 KB, 848x941)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2763055
I'm slowly going through the flags and getting everything right.
The intro is nearly there, but it's a bit off at the moment. I've made more progress these last few minutes than I have the rest of the month. I can start the fun stuff soon.
When the demo is done I'll make the github page public, just in case anyone wants to make a contribution or track progress.

>Why does CoilSnake make me so mad?
It's easily the most convoluted project I've ever attempted. That said, from what I can tell it's a much better tool than the one available a decade ago.
>>
>>2763060
Well, at least it isn't attempting to hack Fire Emblem with the broken-ass FEditor build that was used in 2012 or so.
Inserting sprites with GBAGE was ass.
>>
>>2753478
Of course New Vegas. Mod is already out actually. Death's Last Whisper. Of course this reply is a 1000 years late but fuck it.
>>
File: Intro.png (51 KB, 893x803)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Good enough for me.
>>
File: 1428606347296.png (493 KB, 755x961)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>2763533
Yay!
>>
The hack has made a lot of progress now I'm having lots of fun making it now.
I'm worried I'm getting the tone wrong but I'll let /u/ be the judge of that when demo comes out.
Should I replace Frank with Kyouko and have her join you after the fight or no?
>>
>>2753206
I wrote a book for NaNoWrimo that was originally going to be yuri but it made more thematic sense to have one of the characters be futa
Cut out the sex scenes for a censored version to show an irl friend and it's effectively a yuri romance, though
>>
File: 1496961962436.jpg (122 KB, 900x625)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
I made a Yuri-themed CYOA a while back. Images are too big to post, so here are links:

https://orig00.deviantart.net/c734/f/2018/257/3/6/cyo_u___scholarship_edition_v1_0_2__page_1__by_rosanon-dcmrmje.png
https://orig00.deviantart.net/52fc/f/2018/257/9/e/cyo_u___scholarship_edition_v1_0_2__page_2__by_rosanon-dcmrnhs.png

(also I believe that OP saying that there was a desire for a thread of this kind is referring to me and my big mouth. Sorry.)
>>
>>2766027
I think that might mess with the challenge and pacing a bit since some of the few parts of the game that have challenge are when you're alone. I can see it causing a some sort of bug at the point when Paula is supposed to join too, but I don't know much about hacking so for all I know that can be a non issue.
>>
>>2766316
Beyond rebalancing some things it should be a non-issue.
I'm just a bit concerned that Akari beating the shit out of Kyouko seems a bit weird.
>>
>>2766319
I'd dig a game where Akari beats the living shit out of everyone. Nobody notices her otherwise, right? She has a good reason. She has to be bottled up. It has to spill. All the repressed anger after getting toyed with, ignored, raped and more. Time to flip the tables. Time for revenge. Time for lots and lots of... uhm.. ketchup.
>>
File: Library.webm (457 KB, 256x224)
457 KB
457 KB WEBM
I may have gone too far in a few places
>>
>>2768781
Neat.
>>
>>2766296
overly generous to the player, especially the Freebies section. needs some bitter to make us appreciate the sweet
30 sapphite plus 2 per curse is way too much
the bold text in the Shenanigans header could be clearer
pricing companions in red sapphite is needlessly obtuse. just say you can pick six for free and each further one costs 3 sapphite
a chart to randomly roll for items from each section would be nice

anyway
>living on my purse
>delinquent destination
>the busty get bustier
>one tall order of woman
>fat stacks
>athletic aptitude
>do you believe in magic
>flowery imagination
>gap in the curriculum
>V-Day derby
>inter-school competition (magic school)
>passing storm
>hots from sensei
>panty raid
>no muffins
>why is everyone so gay?
>helpful reliable senpai
>yandy dandy
companions can wait for another day
>>
>>2768858
I don't think it's terribly generous considering that companions are so expensive but it could do with a wider array of boons to buy.
>>
>>2768781
This was posted in /vr/'s rom hacking general the other day and I just wanted to come here and say good luck
>>
>>2753206
I have one that in the works.
I want to create a manga story, I need an artist to draw the books while I write the story. Far From being ready for that though as I have to flesh out all the details from timelines, events, maps, equipment, ect ect. Its going to be about a Russo Japanese Esc war were 2 soldiers slowly fall in love as they support each other and eventually fall in love.
>>
>>2753271
Hey, I saw this in AO3. But it's missing the F/F category.
>>
>>2753206
It's impossible for your personal project to be yuri unless you are ethnically Japanese; see the board rules.
>>
>>2770822
notto_disu_shitto_agen.jpg
>>
>>2766296
This was pretty good, though I agree with the other anon about probably being too generous with sapphite. Page 1 had a lot of entertaining bits of writing, especially the shenanigans and sideplots. Most of the curses aren't my thing, but it's not a problem, they're optional anyway.

Several of the companions are a bit...shameless for my taste, but I can understand the appeal of most of 'em. You really like tall girls, huh?

Did you actually run a yuri CYOA on /tg/, or just ask for feedback there? If you did or did again, I'd likely participate.
>>
What does /u/ think about a project where an Anon writes a chapter of a story then passes it to the next to write the following chapters, and so on? It could be fun.
>>
>>2771318
Doesn’t matter what /u/ thinks. Just get the ball rolling and see where it goes from there.
>>
>>2771320
Well, there has to be at least a few who will want to participate. But I week draw up some plans tomorrow for how it would work.
>>
>>2771318
>>2771327
I'd join in. Got some writing experience too.
>>
>>2771318
It would work, but it would turn out better if one person edits it into their own writing style. It is hard enough for one person to write a cohesive story that flows and has a consistent voice for the characters.
>>
>>2771318
Yeah, I'd probably participate but I was thinking something along the lines of >>2771774. Different styles between chapters could easily come off as disjointed. Using an alternating POV could make that easier in one sense, but might be harder in others, especially if people aren't practiced at that.

I was just thinking of trying to emulate other people's styles, but having one person edit could be a good idea too.
>>
>>2771320
>>2771439
>>2771774
>>2771799
The different authors not being totally the same is part of the community feel. It could be done a different way, but that's how I was thinking about setting it up.
Tell me what you think about this:

Prompt:
>As the opening day of MC's new prestigious girls' academy draws ever nearer, the entwined emotions of excitement and anxiety threaten to burst from her chest!

Instructions:
Authors "sign up" to participate through the end of December. At that time, all authors are randomized and given a "time slot". Each author gets two weeks sequentially starting from Jan 1. Lucky Author #1 gets the first chapter and consequently the initial world-building. After the first period has elapsed, the next author gets two weeks to build from the author before, and so on. Obvious bullshitters will be skipped and authors are expected to seriously try to follow the tone and plot of the author before, though free to put their spin on things.

This format keeps the community feel, while also keeping us on a planned timed schedule. It also leaves open the option of nominating an author to edit the final product if we so desire.
The prompt is a cliche yuri scenario which is left open to many interpretations for authors to explore.
>>
>>2771836
Stop right now, it's already obvious you can't write for shit.
>>
>>2771843
I just thought it would be a fun community thing, but yeah, I'm not an expert writer.
>>
>>2771859
Ignore them.
>>
File: 1528682206837.png (393 KB, 759x907)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
The demo's out if you want to kill maybe an hour. Let me know what you think.
https://github.com/MadoFrog/YuruBound
https://mega.nz/#!eUZSSSDa!QyiV7CSetvfACUH7EYz-QTpZUDhVxTgwfnGQ4cYFa5I if you don't want to patch a clean ROM
>>
>>2773397
I played a bit in this before rage quitting over the stupid skaters and their constant calling for help. They sent me to the game over screen way too many times. Speaking of, the game over screen still has Ness instead of everyone's favorite protagonist. Don't know if you just didn't have time to change that before releasing the demo or you just thought no one would be bad enough to die that early, but that just felt like extra salt in the wound. As for things I enjoyed, there was Akari's diagonal walking sprite. I'm not sure why, but it just looks so cute, it makes me want to Akarin diagonally. And Akane is cute, though it troubles me that she's selling her lips to old women, and for such a low price. At least it lets Akari get unlimited Akane kisses, even if they come at the steep price of Akane bullying. I'll give it another try later today, maybe even go up against the boss that casually hits you for a 1/4th of your health to save Akari's second harem memb- I mean Kyouko.
>>
File: 008.png (4 KB, 64x96)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>2774065
The first part of EarthBound is disproportionately difficult, but you can just about get by if you save up some money and buy some equips from the shop.
The death screen was just laziness, I'll make sure to change it in the next version.
The meat of the demo ends after the Frank fight, but there's quite a bit of (I hope) funny dialogue to find if you just look around. Try talking to certain people with spooky ghost Akari
>>
File: Infinite Gratitude.png (400 KB, 909x694)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>2774071
Thanks for the tips. After buying the best equips from the shop, it turns out I could instant win against the gang members if they're alone. I then went to one shot Frank and 3-shot his robot. But then I checked on Kyouko, which got me stuck in loop of her thanking me. Also, forgot to mention this last time, you can't "Talk to" Kyouko, only "Check" her. Unless this is a joke where Kyouko thanks you for way to long and I'm just too impatient, I think I came across a bug.
>>
>>2773397
>>2774250
I had no idea about that, that's for letting me know. She was marked as an object rather than a person, and the loop was caused by a goto pointing to the wrong place. I've been using L for everything so I didn't notice. Have you run into any other issues?
Here's a new ROM, if you make a save state with the old one it should carry over to the new one. The sprites will be messed up but if you go to another area they'll fix themselves. Sorry for making you faff a bit.
https://mega.nz/#!vYZSWICR!-55LLgSCwlm_9WLv6lhwCPQ9tdbLU0mx2dG80sR45D8
>>
>>2774282
I didn't see anything else that could've been a bug. As for the dialogue changes, they were pretty cool. The difference in Ayano's dialogue between Akari by herself to Akari with Kyouko in the party and Kyouko by herself was so cute! I love how she asks Akari to take care of Kyouko. And the way Akane reacts to Kyouko in the Kiss Booth is both funny and in character. I hope you continue this project, and I hope more anons find it so they can help with playtesting. Maybe one of them might even have played Earthbound before.
>>
File: second hand 1.png (1.46 MB, 1000x1500)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
I've been working on this in between lewd commissions. It was nice to work on something wholesome
>>
File: second hand 2.png (1.11 MB, 1000x1500)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>2776855
>>
>>2776855
>>2776857
This is pretty cute, and the art is nice too. Would you mind if I add this to the /u/ booru?
>>
>>2776982
Go right ahead!

>>
>>2766296
A bit generous on how much the user gets but I kind of liked it that way, it makes it easier for me because I'm indecisive. I hope you still make some with this much freedom on occasion, at least.
Overall it was fun, anon! Thank you! I really liked Ethel and Laurie too, especially Ethel.
>>
I've been off and on working on a romance novel based on some stuff throughout my life experiences. I can't find time to really work on it earnestly between work and school.
>>
File: 1520564267956.jpg (690 KB, 863x1150)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>2770978
>you really like tall girls, huh?
Yeah. Tall girls are the best. It's a shame the average girl is so short.
>Did you actually run a yuri CYOA on /tg/, or just ask for feedback there? If you did or did again, I'd likely participate.
I post in /cyoag/. These are more just thought games than anything else.

>>2777372
If you like Ethel a lot then you should play the game whose protagonist I based her character on, Trails/Kiseki (of which two connected subseries are Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel). Unfortunately for /u/, a little more friendly to het than to yuri, but it's really good for reasons other than romance. Nevertheless, there are some moments /u/ would like, particularly in the later Cold Steel games with a certain prowling leather-suited biker lesbian. Funny enough, Laurie is also based on a character from that series, so you might want to check it out, since you singled out both characters I gathered reference for from that game series.

Anyway, glad you liked it. Yuri is something I always make possible in any CYOA I make if applicable, though I think it'll be a while before I make one that's totally focused on it.
>>
>>2778571
Estelle is bestelle.
But the Sen games are trash.
>>
>>2753301
>>2757118
>>2776855
>>2777398
best of luck to all of /u/. keep going !!
and to all of the others in this thread ofc.
>>
File: 1520410238693.jpg (88 KB, 700x812)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>2780747
Sen/CS1 is mediocre but Sen/CS2 is decent. Dunno about the rest considering the localization hell they're in. I still like the series a lot, even after its questionable direction.

I just hope we get more dykes in Calvard if it ever comes out. Hopefully they make another female protagonist. We've had 1 girl and 3 boys; it's about time for another female lead. Could you imagine a linear yuri romance for the MC? That's my dream.
>>
>>2762586
you are close to my own heart, sis
>>
I wrote you a thing, /u/. Happy new year!

https://pastebin.com/AGzBp0vu
>>
>>2753372
That sounds amazing. Has there been anything more on this?
>>
>>2782827
Scroll up a bit, Onee-san
>>2773397
>>2774282
>>
I tried to make something for the yurijam and wound up with 10 minutes of bad jokes. I stopped working on it since the "gameplay" part might not be "fun". It's meant to be a linear Embric with interactive conversations where you recall and respond with correct answers, but the thing is, is it interesting to regurgitate?
>>
>>2776855
Pretty cute, anon. I don't know if you're trying to avoid anime style but you might be overcompensating on the noses a bit, though.
>>
File: 3358-30460.png (420 KB, 823x815)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
Have alot of "demon" characters from 10+ years ago that I want to draw and lewd together but I feel like they deserve more depth and development for what they mean to me but I'm bad at making cohesive stories QwQ
Any tips or places to start would be appreciated if possible.
>>
>>2785503
Think about how they could've met or how their possible abilities could mesh together.
>>
For the artistic nee-sans out there, how does having a writer work? How long does a page of manga take to draw, and how much guidance would you get per page? Do you expect to be paid (since you're drawing someone else's ideas rather than your own, and they need you more than you need them)? Even if it's being done pour l'art and posted somewhere for free?

This might be my own total lack of artistic ability showing through, but I''d thought that the drawing was the hard part, plotting/dialogue were the easier bits, and direction is shared jointly so doesn't matter how hard it is. How fair can that division of labour be?

(This is topic relevant because I am thinking of trying to find an artist to make a short yuri doujin, but I don't really know what I'd be getting in to...)
>>
>>2785503
I was tagging this for the /u/ booru, but I couldn't figure out what was on each of their backs. Dirty Blonde looks like she has a bunch of tails on her back but they could be fluffy wings or weird hairy tentacles. As for Brunette, I can't make heads or tails of it. Also, if you want to visit the /u/ booru you'll have to jump through some hoops since the SSL certificate expired. You can get more detailed instructions in the drawthread.
>>2786974
>>
File: 5665594.png (488 KB, 1285x1652)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
got a novel that's in its last legs of my editing before I look for a real agent... have mentioned it a few times on here in the past.

A girl in a medieval setting loses her family in a carriage accident. Wakes up to having been taken in by the secretive tribe of amazons in the area, who gradually turn her into a full fledged warrior huntress like them
>>
>>2787039
Its two sets of fluffy wings with one on each side. The brunett also has wings with "thorns" sticking out if that helps. ^^"
>>
>>2787183
Thanks for the info. Also, your demons are pretty cute. I like how Brunette has those big hands. Hope whatever caused them to get bandaged up heals soon so she can propeerly hug and hold hands with her gf. And since you want some tips on making stories, maybe try writing down your ideas. Even if it's just random trivia about them it can help keep your thoughts organized and might help you start to make an outline for their story.
>>
File: 72386592_23.png (266 KB, 807x929)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>2787560
Thanks! They're just bandaged for show but one should wear protection while engaging in such lewd acts. I used to give powerful demons large hands/arm attachments though it was mainly because I had no confidence in drawing human hands but I don't really do that anymore but it's still kinda "stuck" to some of them.
>>
>>2757118
holy hell
>>
>>2787651
Cool. Nice to know it's not due to injury and it's just the Brunette knowing the dangers of unprotected hand holding. Also they're really freaking cute. I love that Dirty Blonde's hair covers her eyes, characters with that design are sso cute! i can understand Brunette spilling her spaghetti over her. Especially since DB's so forward, casually touching Brune''s knuckles.

You now, writing down their hair color so much reminded me; do these girls have names?
>>
>>2781002
>Hopefully they make another female protagonist.
If Sen had a female protagonist and still allowed you to romance Sara, I think it would've been my favorite game of all time. An age-gap yuri romance with an alcoholic busty oneesan would be a dream come true.
>>
>>2787741
No names atm.
Don't think I ever really gave them any and if I did they were probably really cringey since I ̶w̶a̶s̶ a raging weeb. But probably after I flesh out their personalities a bit more I can think about the names.
>>
File: 1497416992141.png (537 KB, 557x978)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>2787870
If Rean was genderbent and still got all the romance options (you don't even know how much I want lesbo-Laura), /u/ would probably hail Sen/CS as the greatest thing in existence regardless of the fact that it's a dip in quality.
>>
>>2787070
Post some excerpts sis.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
I made a shoujo-ai visual novel but I have to change the title. Is the genderswap version of a boys love game called simply "Affection". Right now the name is "Yuri Affection" but that doesn't convince me much . I lack of ideas. I liked 'Your Affection' (sounds similar ) but there is a Persona 's fan game with the same title. I want to keep 'Affection' in the title. For example I like 'Pure Affection' but can't say if it fits, Eglish is not my mother tongue. Do you have any advices for me?
>>
>>2789823
How about "Our Affection?
Also
>shoujo-ai
Please lurk more.
>>
File: bella_finished_.jpg (2.6 MB, 4788x4928)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>2789439
>>2787070
https://pastebin.com/iQDWnGaU
>>
I started a dumb one-shot comic (in the style of a gag manga pretty much) about a space captain and her overly affectionate android lieutenant who frequently disregards personal boundaries. The general idea being that they are space police but their jurisdiction is off in an under-populated backwater region of the galaxy, where the average issues they have to go around dealing with are the space-y equivalents of getting a cat out of a tree. But my motivation is so inconsistent and generally poor though that I doubt I will ever complete enough of it to be worth posting anywhere.
>>
>>2791432
I believe in you, sis. The world needs more space yuri.

Wanna show off anything you've got so far? Character sketches? Complete-ish pages? I'm not qualified to give any art feedback, but if you want a script review or something similarly wordsy, I'd be happy to.
>>
>>2791432
I like the idea of a girl getting flustered by the affections of another girl not because she isn't gay, but because she feels uncomfortable the other girl is an android.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (867 KB, 1284x883)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
>>2791462
There's only a handful of pages that are complete, I'd rather not until there's more of it to water down how cringe it might be.

>>2791465
I'd say it's less about being an android and more sheer lack of shame.
>>
>>2791474
I love them, anon!
>>
>>2791482
Thanks.
>>
File: comic_cover_B.jpg (739 KB, 2480x3508)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
I've been working on a little comic project. The setting is terribly convoluted, but the main concept is a military instructor's romance with a star cadet in a fantasy world.

My goal is to finish at least one standalone pilot chapter. The draft of which is 50 pages. So far I've finished the first 25 pages in 6 months on the side of my day job. And don't know where I'd even put it if it ever gets done. Just kill me.
>>
>>2792504
Can just make a blog for it, there are tumblr themes built around webcomics. If you have a decent following already you could gumroad it if you want to sell it rather than just releasing it. Can also just post it on deviantart or something.
>>
>>2792951
I don't have any followers, so making a blog or such would be kind of pointless. Deviantart is not very fitting for long comics and tumblr is...well, tumblr. I'll keep looking, I guess
>>
>>2793203
Worst case, you can toss it up on imgur as an album.
>>
>>2753206
Sorry if this sounds a bit bloggy, but I figured "if there's a thread for this, it's this one"
So I had this idea out of nowhere to write a magnum opus, a adventure at high seas style story but instead of seas it's actually clouds cause everyone lives in these floating islands, the protagonists were going to be this street urchin who met the princess of the realm, and they ended up on the run together for ~reasons~
I have a lot of ideas to put in this, a backstory that's kinda flashed out, the urchin becoming sort of the princess knight and eventually lover.
But I've only managed to write one paragraph of it, nothing else came out no matter how hard I stare at the screen.
I know the scenes I want to have, but how do I reach those scenes?
Can you help me /u/?
>>
>>2793339
Have you written before? If no, practice A LOT first. Meaning WRITE a lot. A lot of different things. Develop them, finish them, THEN edit them, to see what's to learn.
Barely anyone can go for a huge thing right away.
And, from the sound of it, you shouldn't. Because it's too intimidating, obviously, thus hindering your thought process. First learn to acquire a thought process for developing a story. And don't read too much about the how tos, just a few bits as starting pointers.
Also don't go in thinking it's going to be perfect from the first draft. That's less likely than CERN producing a black hole that eats the earth.

If you have already written things...well, what did you write?
>>
>>2793339
It sounds like you're worried about sullying your idea by trying to write it down and realizing it won't come out as perfect as it is in your head. Problem is, you know what you want to write, but lack the skills to do so and fear of failure is stopping you from doing so. There's no easy way to get around it. If I'm honest, it'll most likely never go away, but you can at least learn to deal with it.

So, write. I'd recommend getting started with something smaller like short stories. Get a bunch of those done before attempting a larger, novel-sized project. You need to develop your own working process and that's something you can't be taught. You have to go through the grind by yourself.

In my experience, the single most important thing to focus on is the fact that nothing comes out perfect the first time around. All those wonderful bits of dialogue you've read and really liked? The plot twists and passages of great prose? It's all rewriting. All of it. Move the story along in your draft so that your brain can start thinking of how it'll continue before stopping to edit the punctuation and other little details.
>>
>>2793342
>>2793360
What these refined onee-samas said. There's a Sir Terry quote that goes something like, "People ask me how I make dialogue sound natural. It comes somewhere around the seventh or eighth draft."

Unless you're Isaac Asimov (and none of us are or we wouldn't be here), your first draft is going to suck. It's okay, though: being able to tell it sucks means you have taste, and taste can't be learned, but the ability to de-suckify things can be practiced.

Maybe start with some short stories in the general setting, or with those characters? If you have set-piece scenes, try just writing those and setting up the absolute minimum of scaffolding you need around them. All meat, no veg. You'd be surprised how far that can get you - if it's boring to write, it's probably boring to read, so it's OK to leave those bits out.
>>
>>2793342
>>2793360
>>2793370
While none of you were completely on the money, you all have me some good tips and pointers.
I'll try practicing more, write a side story each day to try and exercise my writing before tackling a big project
>>
>>2793955
>While none of you were completely on the money

What, exactly, were you expecting?
>>
>>2793969
I think some people expect that there's a magic formula out there that can turn an idea into a book just by following some steps, or a willing team of collaborators ready to help flesh it out. Like the other anons said, tackling a book-length story first would be a bad idea. I particularly like the one anon's idea of writing a few short stories set in the universe first to get a feel for the characters and setting. It's a technique I've used before, and it can lead to discovering new things about the characters. I used to know a guy that once wrote a novel-length Supergirl fic who got extremely angry that it didn't immediately become popular. It wasn't even poorly written, it was just very meh, and he couldn't understand why it wasn't being held up as a triumphant female empowerment story. He blamed the community for having bad taste and stopped writing. Some people are weird.
>>
>>2794069
Well, props to that guy for at least getting the thing written. Finishing a novel's a whole lot harder than starting a novel, and you can't edit something into shape if it's not even been written yet.

But, yeah. No formula for success except putting pen to paper (fingers to keys) for a month or six, then spending that time again redrafting and rewriting and revising until you're sick of your authorial voice and you know something's wrong but you can't put your finger on it because you can't get enough distance to see the wood for the trees (or else you'd've fixed it three drafts ago).

And definitely don't procrastinate by giving writing advice on an imageboard for weeaboo dykes, or you'll get nothing done all day.
>>
>>2793969
Some way to make these "connecting scenes" better, but I think that's just my lack of experience talking.
I said that no one was "completely on the money" because of that anon who said I was too afraid to sully my idea by writing, I'm not afraid to write it "wrong", because I know that why the editing process exists, maybe I didn't articulate my problems well enough, but that's my fault for making a post at 6 am
>>
>>2794242
I said so because you refer to the project as a "magnum opus." Just by using that term, seriously or not, you're already piling up expectations on yourself to write one. My advise still stands. Start by doing short stories, either separate ones that have nothing to do with your bigger project or something that exists in that universe. There's no easy solution for connecting those scenes. Some writers write the scenes in their head first and then figure out a way to connect them, others progress linearly. I don't know what will work best for you, only you can know that. I forgot to mention outlining, but that might also help.

Once you start making progress, you might realize that the plot is no good. Some scenes you really wanted to write and want to keep might not fit at all. You might have to axe a lot of stuff you really hold dear. Maybe even the entire story. I've had that happen. That's why the idea of a magnum opus is so harmful.
>>
Endorsing everything >>2794260 said.

In addition, also consider how to manage your motivation. It's absolutely crucial if you're in for the long haul of a novel, but burning out never helps, no matter if you're targetting a thousand words or a hundred thousand.

Do you need to ration out the 'fun' writing bits (i.e., the big dramatic scenes you've got in your head right now), or else you'll not have the motivation for the long slog to put the necessary structures in place around them? Or, is your inspiration mercurial and you have to try to write when it's there, subject be damned? Can you plod through an outline at a steady pace of a few hundred words a day, or can you only write in manic five-thousand-word bursts that you can't plan out or even schedule before you're in one's grasp?
>>
Would anybody be interested in a yuri anal visual novel?
>>
>>2791474

A very cool concept anon.

The last yuri project I remember was from Seno Knife called Valkyr
>>
File: 24.jpg (227 KB, 917x1381)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>2794395
>>>2791474

Its about androids and a organisation consisting of androids called Gestapo who want to take over the world.
>>
File: 27.jpg (211 KB, 915x1380)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>2794410

unfortunately most of the lewdness is without consent.
>>
>>2794260
That might've been my ego (and tiredness) talking, but I've taken all the advice you all gave me to heart, I'll leave writing this particular story to when I have more experience
>>
>>2773397
late to the party but this is some good shit, anon. wish you luck.
>>
Well, in the FGO thread I got some ideas going for a Sappho Servant. Unfortunately
>not an artist by any stretch of the imagination
>don’t have a drawing tablet
>don’t even have a scanner, just cellphone camera

Hopefully someone else can take the idea and do something better
>>
File: Spoiler Image (210 KB, 1263x937)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
A few friends and I have been working on a thing about a 20-something manager and her idol ward. We were planning to make it a type of management pixel game (ala 608factory) with plot but now we're going back and forth between that, a cuter non-isometric style, or just doing an actual VN. Also can't decide on the width of the age-gap - we started with a 10/11 yr gap but that may be pushing it too far even if the story mostly romance.

The story is a bit simple plot-wise so far, but its the first time for any of us doing anything like this so it'll be a good learning experience. And it allows me to draw cute girls which I'm always interested in.
>>
If I wrote something about a yuri strip club, yuri prostitution, or some combination of both, would you onee-chans read it?
>>
>>2796273
Of course I would.
>>
>>2796267
Would personally prefer either of the other two options rather than a VN, but that stuff requires budget and skill so definitely be willing to compromise if it can't work out. I say make them young, it's more interesting and it gives it a certain edge that I'm sure the /u/ audience will dig. I like the pitch, any more deets you wanna share?
>>
>>2796281
So would I, to be honest. But for sure about the budget & skill, I'd like to make a nice game and for that it'd be best to find or just pay a pixel artist for the work - but with our crazy lofty ideas we'd be looking at a full-fledged kickstarter type of thing, so that'll take some working around and scaling back for sure. It may be best to do a demo VN and see if there was even any serious interest before branching out and going for the full monty. No rush though.
>make them young
Agreed. Truthfully, we'd have to re-write some storylines if we changed up the ages too drastically. Right now protag is 24 and the other girl(s) is/are just over preteen so it shouldn't be that bad on the range of typical /u/ relationships of this type.
>deets
We have some threadbare ideas game wise of how the general mechanics might work and notes if you'd like to read them, otherwise nothing clean and literate enough to share.
https://pastebin.com/s3WR6D9h

But if you or anyone had any additional ideas/input on how you like your older-younger /u/ to work, I'm always willing to hear it anytime.
>>
>>2796327
>Right now protag is 24 and the other girl(s) is/are just over preteen
>just over
>not just under
>>
>>2796327
Hmmm, are you all chinese btw? Just reading through the names in the character sheet.
>>
>>2796339
10 is my final offer! Any younger and they couldn't work from a story point of view.
>>2796341
3/5 are.
>>
>>2796327
The difficulty settings are a fantastic idea. Idol dating sim -> Dating sim/Iight idol sim -> Hardcore idol sim.
>>
>>2796345
>10 years old
That's definitely an age where you actually have to write her with it in mind. You can get away writing teens without giving too much thought to it, just let them overthink some things and generally feel a little "inexperienced" and you are probably good, but with 10 year olds it gets quickly awkward.
>>
>>2796415
A 10 year old putting in the effort to be an idol is going to be a mature 10 year old. If you're going to age gap where the older is 24, the younger should probably be <12
>>
>>2796409
It could be fun, I think - after some serious cleaning up though.
>>2796415
For sure but what the other anon said also plays in there. Given that storywise these kids are willingly giving up their childhood to work, they'd definitely have some manner of brain in there. The idea is that they'd at least be aware of a host of things in general. And I think the older they are - in this case, the longer they've been working - the more knowledgeable they'd be of the ins-and-outs of the world. We're trying to thread the needle with our characters where no one would be too grownup - as in knowing absolutely everything there is to know - while retaining some childishness in them. Somewhere like you'd be able to chat about most things but if you brought up politics or events before the 2000s, they'd have no idea. This would also allow us to implement how different people might play the finished game. For example: someone that thinks it'd be easy to play from a "date me and your career will improve" standpoint would find themselves meeting bad-end after bad-end due to the fact that they'd already know about and be wary of types like that in the idol scene and you're not supposed to be grooming the kids like this. The fact that you're a female manager means that you'd have very few environmental bad-ends with casuals fucking your dates up, so it'd be mainly on the player if they game-over'd.
The only thing on my plate now is to write and design the extra girls - overall the whole love interest pool is looking to be around 14-15 but that's kind of wishful thinking right now.
Sorry for posting so much though, this isn't my blog I know - I get kind of excited when talking about things like this.
>>
>>2796418
Doesn't Imas have at least two 9 year old lolis in it?
>>
>>2796643
Is im@s realistic? Is it well written? Or is it a construct designed to pamper every sort of a waifufag and pervert?
>>
>>2796643

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.