[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Endro-anime-Namori.jpg (106 KB, 730x834)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Thread for the show by Studio Gokumi with Namori designs.
>>
I was already scorned by Namori with Spyce...
>>
>>2785300
Nani?
>>
Spyce was a complete borefest trash. hopefully this is going to be better.
>>
Saved thread.
>>
Don't know why everyone is trash talking Spyce. Binge watched the last 6 episodes today and was pretty satisfied. Besides, it's not like the two series are related in any way beyond Namori's character designs.
>>
>>2791664
Same. I actually enjoyed it a little bit more than PriPri because of the relatively more explicit /u/. pls no bully
>>
>>2791664
>Don't know why everyone is trash talking Spyce

Because they think it makes them look smarter, Spyce has flaws, but it's not a bad series, the "popular" series of the season among normalfags, they were really bad and they had much worse writing but they were treated like masterpieces.
>>
>>2791664
It's not bad but it's bland and cliched as fuck.
>>
>>2791791
Cliched maybe, but I didn't see it as bland at all personally.
>>
>>2791803
Frankly, the worse sin SPYCE made was it's forgettable right after it's over
>>
>>2791809
This. If at least it had had the balls to not make Mei a double agent, it would have been midly memorable, but everything was so predictable.
>>
>>2791852
Being predictable isn't inherently a bad thing. It mostly means that it's following a logical progression that the audience can pick up on. And it's especially true for a show like Spyce that is a homage to the spy movies we all know and love. The island episode is just a series of call backs to the first James Bond movie.

I can appreciate a curveball every now and then but it's not a necessity to make a show good.
>>
>>2792050
>Being predictable isn't inherently a bad thing.
But it was in this case.

>And it's especially true for a show like Spyce that is a homage to the spy movies we all know and love.
Those suck too.
>>
>>2792176
>But it was in this case.
How so? The whole triple agent thing should have been predictable, they intentionally left clues so viewers could figure it out. Not to mention the main villain questioning it before her face was even revealed on screen.
>Those suck too.
Now you're just being an edgy teen.
>>
>>2792655
It would have been more fun if it was something out of the left field. The series barely took itself seriously, so it should have go crazy instead of playing it safe. Original shows are fun because they're unpredictable, but if they follow such a cliche progression then they're bland (not that many guessed it was Mei anyway).
>>
>>2792667
Then you run into problems of it not making sense and taking itself too seriously. I mean, just loom at the audience reaction from the brothel episode. People were talking about being turned off by the tonal dissonance. If they took themselves more serious then the ending would have been a bigger letdown than ZLS's.
Also being original doesn't make it more unpredictable, it just means you don't have manga/LN readers hinting or spoiling shit the entire time.
>>
Spyce was an advertisement for a mobile game it was good for what it was
>>
>>2792676
I never said I wanted it to take itself seriously. On the contrary, I wanted it to be more wacky and original instead of sticking so closely to the established spy tropes.
>>
>>2792678
If you don't close to those tropes then it's lost its original intention. It's an homage, if that turns you off then you weren't the intended audience.
>>
>>2792686
"It's not for you" is a non-argument.
>>
>>2792718
It really is, I've seen and read (I do not exaggerate) many people criticizing and hating Yaoi (even Yuri) just for being "gay" and for no real reason, the same applies to SOL, sports or fighting series, you just can not say which is bad because you do not like it
>>
>>2792723
>>2792686
Then I guess nothing can ever be criticised because those who do it "are not the intended audience".
>>
>>2792726
You can criticize whenever you judge the handling of its elements and not the fact that you do not like its elements.

Spyce had certain problems of stimulation, but basically it is a series of action and happy things, without many pretensions.
>>
Meanwhile, back at the actual series this thread should be discussing... nothing happened. Hasn't aired yet.
>>
>>2792756
So there shouldn't be a thread. Op's a fucking idiot.
>>
Raws up, subs in 1 hour.
>>
>>2794901
https://nyaa.si/view/1109256
>>
File: 72480408_p0.jpg (720 KB, 1165x787)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
Yep. Liking the show so far. Premise looks like it'll be fun (who doesn't love loli demons trying and failing to take over the world) and there's already some gay promise with the main heroines.
>>
What did she mean by this?
>>
Knife-ears in my yuri?
>>
File: 1.jpg (479 KB, 1911x1076)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
Pairings in the ED?
>>
File: 2.jpg (531 KB, 1921x1069)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>2795192
>>
>>2795192
Blonde biting elf ears and elf's reaction to blonde dominating the sasquatch says otherwise.
>>
File: soft_and_spongy.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>2795178
>>
File: baby_birds.png (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>
File: endro1.png (113 KB, 590x239)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
TL'd the first three manga chapters. Fai's an ear-nibbling fiend.
>>2795135
>>2795219
>>2795266
>>
File: endro2.png (32 KB, 182x178)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>2795269
>Mao-sensei looks delicious when she's troubled.
>>
>>2795269
>>2795280
What
Did they get Bkub Okawa to do the manga instead of Namori?
>>
>>2795335
Nah, Endro is too normal for a living meme.
>>
>>2795166
She means she wants to discern sexes of baby birds. It's called sexing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_sexing
>>
>namori has never drawn NSFW yuri
>namori has only drawn het sex
Wtf, are we being betrayed, /u/?
>>
YRYRPG
>>
>>2795192
This interaction reeks of Mahiru and Karen. Not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>2795193
>chestlet himawari
>cowtits sakurako
>>
>>2795192
I thought they'd all end up in Mao's harem.
>>
>>2795613
No way, it won't be yuri anymore.

t. watched ZLS
>>
Let's wait for princess. Maybe she'll fall in love with hero, that's what princesses do.
>>
>>2795613
I finally realized. There's no traitor in this show. Because if everybody joins Mao side, then no-one will be betrayed
>>
>Purple's named Seira
That remind me certain Naoru novel that I am reading
>>
>>2795610
So Mao is Hikari?
>>
>>2796666
The princess is the real demon in bed
>>
File: 1547914842299.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Where were you when the great Demon Lord was raped by a gyaru?
>>
File: 1547914326220.jpg (116 KB, 1440x810)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>2800449
another show with /ll/ in it?

>>
File: 1544710986629.png (63 KB, 516x246)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>2800449
>>2800450
we live in good times
>>
This scene also teases YushaxSeiran.
>>
>>2800449
>>2800450
I'm going to be so mad if she doesn't keep appearing with Mao in future episodes.
>>
File: 1547937132730.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
At least she is polite about it.
>>
I don't care if that opening segment was an obvious joke. I'm dropping this.
>>
>>2800985
A joke like that says volumes about the tone of the show going forward. Even if they didn't come out and say they like boys, the joke was based on the assumption of straightness. Unless they do something gay to make up for it, that's going to be the prevailing feeling from here on.
>>
>>2800990
I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you want to talk about het then please do it on /a/.
>>
>>2800991
He's triggered by the conversation about the girls' favourite monster starting like a cliche "what do you like about your crush and who is it" talk
Too many male pronouns. Show is now ruined
>>
>>2800998
Pretty much this. If this doesn't bother you then you don't give a shit about yuri.
>>
/u/ few years ago
>male? in my yuri? RUINED

/u/ few months ago
>bare mantion of nonexisting male character? in my yuri? RUINED

/u/ today
>male pronoun? on my yuri? FUCKING RUINED
>>
>>2801002
It's cancer like you who will excuse a scene like this, or a het fanservice scene because you're that desperate that need to fuck off and die.
>>
>>2801004
It's nowhere near a het fanservice scene
You fuck off and die, shitposter. Yuri's only value to you is to shitpost by acting like an extremist retard
It was a joke. It bothered me at first, yes. But what ended up happening made it completely inoffensive
Now, fuck off
>>
>>2801001
You're being disingenuous. It's not about males existing, or playing a role.
It's about, joking or not, the use of male pronouns as the default for discussions about crushes. That tell you all you need to know about where the writers' heads are at.
>>
>>2801008
Because it was about male monsters. It's a joke based on playing on expectations. And it wasn't about "crushes". That's what makes the joke inoffensive
Stop lookig for excuses to shitpost, retard
>>
>/u/
>can say Gridman is yuri
>Endro isn't yuri though because of a simple joke
I don't fucking get you people
The het crush on Gridman was way more relevant than this joke and yet you retards will rage at anyone who says Gridman is not /u/
>>
>>2801007
I'm never going to fuck off. Yuri actually means more to me than girls talking about their crushes whilst being friends.

>>2801010
The fact that it was about male monsters to begin with is the problem. The fact that it needed to be about male monsters for the joke to work.
>>
>>2801013
They aren't talking about crushes. It's not actually a conversation about romance
What yuri means to you is clearly a tool to shitpost. And nothing more. Fuck off
>>
>>2801013
>Yuri actually means more to me than girls talking about their crushes whilst being friends.

It clearly doesn't mean anything more than that to you since you think girls become too corrupted to become lesbians if they even mention male crushes in a fucking joke.
>>
>>2801014
I thought I told you I'm not fucking off. I know they're not literally talking about crushes, you nonce. You're missing the point.
>>2801015
Well then let's watch to see if they become lesbians, or not. My bet is that they will not and it'll play out much like any other SoL, but with the doubt planted in your mind that the writers assumed they were straight for that joke.
>>
>>2801018
It's you who assumed they were straight, you retard
The joke was about the audience assuming things.
The writers never said it was about crushes. It's the audience thinking it's about crushes.
Why do you refuse to fuck off if you're gonna drop the show? Kill yourself. I doubt it will go full yuri (The focus here is the comedy and parody stuff, not romance), but I strongly doubt it'll kill any shipping potential for anyone who wants to do so
If you refuse to fuck off that means you dropping the show is a lie, and thus all your statements about what yuri means to you are a fucking lie
Drink bleach, shitposter
>>
>>2801020
Don't be obtuse. The writer obviously set out to plant that idea in your mind. It wasn't just magic'd up by the viewer.
I honest to God hope everyone you love dies slow, withering deaths desu.
>>
>>2801027
Edgy. Calm down, coldsteel
Fact is, they used common elements of "talking about crushes". But the scene wasn't actually about crushes. They just used the elements for a joke by going in a completely different direction that is normal for such scenes. That's it. Anything else about the writers or the girls being straight is just your own shitpost bullshit
Also, again:
Why don't you fuck off if you've dropped the show? Sounds like you're a shitposter.
>>
Counter to that scene:
The looting scene
Yuusha was certainly pleased to find those panties (No, that reaction wasn't embarassment as it should have been if the writers wanted to make the girls straight. It was perverted interest)
>>
>>2801008
>>2801013
>>2801027
Actually... gendered pronouns are very rarely used in Japanese, since the pronouns of sentences are almost always made implicit whenever possible. This includes that scene. I know since I watched it without subtitles. Moreover, since Yusha said あの子 (usually means that girl/kid) at the beginning, that kinda tripped me up at first on the whole monsters thing.
So if anything it was the subtitlers who made the choice of making the pronouns used male (since English sentences need explicit pronouns to work), not the writers. The more you know~
>>
>>2800980
>>2800990
>>2801000
>>2801004
>>2801008
>>2801013
>>2801018
>>2801027
Falseflagging bait. It's no coincidence this happened right after the general got spammed on other boards.
>>
>>2801058
Remember to report and hide.
>>
>>2801057
The elf said "kare", but yeah, all other girls didn't use gendered words.
The subs always fuck up translating shit like this.
>>
>>2785288
>The hero's party ultimate spell turns demon lords into cute horngirls.
Truly heroic to the highest degree.
>>
>>2801154
I think it's implied that Mao-chan has always been the loli and that the demon king is some sort of controllable golem.
>>
>>2795192
Elf woman is hero's spoils to ravage by tradition.
>>
>>2801161
It's confirmed. Pic related. Also, the door behind the throne (obviously for her private room) was too small for the massive demon we saw. Perfect however for the loli
>>
>>2795611
Actually the Mage has the second biggest boobs, way chestlier than Hero. Elf is noticeably flatter than even her, flattest of them all.
>>
File: Stitch10.jpg (1.1 MB, 1920x2593)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>2795166
>http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=98766
>Inori Minase
Seems she went from saying "osu" all the time to "su" al the time.
>>
File: 1548011218041.png (742 KB, 1000x1261)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>
>>2801170
Oh that makes way more sense than the time loop I was imagining to explain that scene.
>>
So now that we got more details of the showdown with Mao, apparently the hero party was also sucked into the hole. Is there two versions of the hero party wandering about now? Is there even a second Mao around or did the future Mao just take present Mao's place with all her memories intact?
>>
>>2801302
I'm so confused about that. At first I thought it was a fastforward to the next time they fought, which is why everything was different, but then the scene at the end made it seem like it was just Mao remembering the first time.
>>
>>2801317
I think it was the second time that Mao was sucked through that rift because she then concludes that, no matter what she does, Yuusha will end up messing up that spell. She wouldn't have given up just like that if it had been her first time back in time.
>>
>>2801317
Well, episode 2 was certainly Mao's recollection of events but it doesn't line up with episode 1's version at all.

In episode 1, the party spent plenty of time battling normally before they decided to use the Forbidden Magic while in episode 2, they went straight into it. Think there's more to this situation than what meets the eye and whoever this was as the Forbidden Magic was being cast in episode 2 might have something to do with it.
>>
>>2801331
I think Episode 1 was more like "Happy End had the stuff gone the way it was supposed to go". It could even be Yuusha's dream - I thought that initially.

>>2801331
Whose face was that anyway?
>>
>>2801382
>Whose face was that anyway?
Looks like a new character. At first I thought it could be a grown up version of their pet dragon, but their pet doesn't have the crystal on the head.
>>
>>2801393
The dragon in the ED has what looks like a crystal on its forehead, and considering Chibi doesn't appear otherwise, it's probably safe to assume it's her.

Though that doesn't mean there isn't more to Chibi than meets the eye, considering she was conspicuously absent from both recollections of the past events. The fact that the ominous green face was shown right as the forbidden magic happened might mean she was unsealed by it or something, and went back in time with the party.
>>
>>2801393
>At first I thought it could be a grown up version of their pet dragon
Well we need more gay dragons this season anyway.
>>
What if it's Chibi manipulating the events so she would become more humanised in the loops and be able to walk with her two legs in pseudo human looking form to be the party leader?
>>
>>2801679
We now know there have been 999 heroes and demon lords in the past which implies that some force has been locking the world in a cycle. It would make sense if chibi is that something since she appeared after pink messed up the 1000th cycle.

They've already defeated this cycle's demon lord with psychological warfare so maybe chibi will serve as the final boss that needs to be befriended, thus breaking the cycle completely.

>>2800644
That scene was hella gay and you can't stop me shipping it now.
>>
>>2801302
I don't think there's a second Mao, because she decided that she wasn't going to be the Demon Lord anymore. If there was one, that decision wouldn't mean nothing.
I think she just got thrown back in the past and retained her memories from the future, while the heroes didn't.
>>
>>2801788
>We now know there have been 999 heroes and demon lords in the past which implies that some force has been locking the world in a cycle.
We Final Fantasy I now.
>>
I though the dragon was waiting for them outside after they blew up the boss/base, but it was just this (same thing carried them to the castle).
>>
File: shinza1nd.png (2.17 MB, 1920x1080)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>2801915
>Final Fantasy
>not Shinza's 1st Heaven
>>
File: 1548036116379.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>
>>2801929
Literally who.
>>
>>2801788
>maybe chibi will serve as the final boss that needs to be befriended
I think this "Sage of light" that taught them the forbidden spell has to be involved somehow, and considering we have a princess character yet to be encountered, she might turn out to be the actual mastermind behind all this.
>>
>>2801992
Mithra (also known by her divine name: Shinga/Truth) from Dies irae lore (initially revealed in Kajiri Kamui Kagura. Got expanded by the prologue to Pantheon that was added to the Switch release of Dies):
She's a godess who created a universe locked in eternal conflict of Good vs Evil. Was your typical medieval fantasy until some fuck from the Evil side created weapons that escalated the conflict to a multiplanetary scale.
>>
>>2801936
I can't wait till she finds out that Mao is (probably) a legal loli.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.