[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: happy yuri family.png (1.08 MB, 1280x738)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Per Moetron http://moetron.net/post/182677908305/miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid-s2-tv-anime-has

and in turn
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/17631

Ultimate source may be the obi's on the next tankubon which releases on 2/12 and should have reached distributors on Friday or today.

Further unconfirmed news from /a/- the studio is NOT Kyoani. JC Staff has been mentioned. Announcement probably Monday.
>>
File: 61217585_p0.jpg (135 KB, 584x694)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
I was surprised that I had to make a new thread to spread the news.
>>
I don't care too much about this series but I'm happy for the fans. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it isn't shit.
>>
The reason for all the spin off manga is now apparent. Try to produce as many chapters of content in the shortest amount of time.
>>
>>2817260
Woah
Thou:
>JC Staff
Which means less good animation but probably more yuri?
Even if Kyoanus' adaptation was even more yuri than the mango...
>>
>>2817286
Why would you even follow Maiddragon if you don't accept its basic concept of "girl dragon loves girl human and becomes her maid"
>>
File: 1485961575036.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1080)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>
File: DyyJ2xjU0AAYZnJ.jpg (305 KB, 1436x2048)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
This is a cute volume cover
>>
>>2817302
I wonder if they'll adapt the Kanna spinoff?
>>
File: 1549311985994.png (634 KB, 1048x900)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
>>2817260
I've heard a lot of stuff about this and I hope is real and done by Kyoani (the JC stuff was just shitposting I'm pretty sure).
However, it is very likely that this is fake but the fact that this spread so quickly hopefully shows Kyoani that we want it and would be happy to get it.
But most importantly, I hope we get a confirmation on Kobayashi's feelings. It is one of the main reasons I follow this series.
>>
>>2817430
I'm curious if it's real as well. Cool hasn't posted anything about it at all and the only thing he's mentioned was the upcoming volume about to be released.
>>
File: conflictedpedophile.png (21 KB, 181x209)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>2817260
I dreaded the day this would happen. The first season is already perfect and I don't want it to be ruined by the dumb shit that happens later in the manga.

>>2817271
>>2817409
Maybe they'll follow this route of adapting the spino-offs instead of the main manga.
>>
>>2817469
I hope not. The threads from when the first season was airing were garbage because they were nothing but whining about that chapter.
Threads have been comfy lately, so animating that chapter would ruin everything, not to mention it would attract a lot of shitposters from /a/.
>>
I hate to be that person but it seems to be fake, as much as I want a second season, the last episode and the ova feels like a better closure for the story and for Kobayashi feelings, not totally romantic but with big hopes for Tohru instead of being forever maidzoned or ignored like in the manga. Also Kobayashi neglectic Kanna as adaughter, constantly rejecting Tohru and Tohru saying that she only cares for Iruru and Kanna because of Kobayashi kills the family vibes
>>
>>2817465
>>2817569
I see what you're saying, the manga kinda gets worse and worse after the parts the anime covered and the characters stop feeling like themselves too. Mostly Kobayashi and how she rejected Kanna as a daughter and how forced it feels everytime she avoids Tooru. The original Kobayashi would've fallen for Tooru a long time ago.
>>
>>2817666
I bet Cool thinks there's more money in dragging it out and having us wait and hope for them to get together. The problem is he's no longer even throwing hints that they might anymore.
>>
File: DzDSeNQUwAAL_zT[1].jpg (194 KB, 852x1200)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1094606135464583169
>>
>>2817710
Kobayashi still gives a few hints but I think the author wants to keep it vague to stretch it as much as possible
>>
>>2817900
Like so many authors and it never works.
>>
>>2817903
Between the fading yuri subplot and the glut of new characters it barely resembles the fun that started years ago. If it is getting a 2nd season there is probably plans to keep the manga going for another couple years as well. I don't want to even think of how out of control the cast and story will be by then.
>>
File: Iruru Kobayashi 3.jpg (188 KB, 1417x1417)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>2817899
I´m ready
>>
>>2817906
dumb hetslut midget
>>
File: DELETE THIS - Kanna.jpg (60 KB, 679x832)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2817906
>>
>>2817271
There's more than enough content in the main storyline for a whole season. But it's not necessarily stuff I want to see adapted.
>>
File: 071.jpg (313 KB, 844x1200)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>2817899
I hope it's mostly chapters from Kanna's spinoff, it's the one that felt the most like the anime.
>>
File: not your mom.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2818154
>that kind and spoiling mombayashi
>that strict yet reliable mommy tohru
I´m still mad with COOL
>>
This might be a bit of a biased thread to ask in but what are everyone's general thoughts on Dragon Maid?

I dropped the manga 30-something chapters in because I felt the characters were a tad too shallow with most of them having some recurring gag that defined a big part of their personality. I felt the "serious" and fighting parts were subpar and not worth putting any chapters into. I fucking hate the Shouta chapters. The comedy wasn't horrible but it didn't endear me enough to keep reading especially with those first two factors I mentioned. With the season 2 announcement, I decided to binge 40 chapters to catch up and I really can't say much has changed. The flaws are still apparent and the big tits dragon now has het gags and Tooru still gets shafted mostly.

I might watch the anime because I liked how the S1 anime adapted the manga differently and made some events feel more meaningful even though the original was much more shallow.
>>
>>2818172
I only watched the anime and I really liked it. In fact it's one of my favourite shows from 2017.
Didn't really mind the Shouta stuff (altough it would have been preferable for him to be a girl) and I thought Elma was such a wasted character. Even Lucoa had more to her than /ss/ pandering, but Elma is just "food" and she appears when the series is almost over.
Other than that I enjoyed almost everything; the characters, the growing relationship between Tohru and Kobayashi and the fantasy stuff being only the background to a comfy girl-meets-girl story (just like Koukaku no Pandora).
>>
>>2818172
Looks like a case of the anime being an improvement over the manga, I went into the anime expecting monster girl shenanigans and got yuri family bonding.
>>
>>2818172
I also dropped the manga eventually but I stuck around a lot longer than you did. It derailed from the small comfy cast with cute yuri comedy and unobtrusive fantasy elements into a ridiculous entourage of uninteresting characters, worst part is that the most commonly reoccurring ones embody a het hentai author's predilections to an unsavory degree. This must be like marrying someone and years later realizing I don't love who they are anymore. I guess that was why I found the s2 news depressing. It was a reminder that they forgot o/u/r life together and remarried a man.
>>
>>2818172
I only really care about the the "main couple" of Kobayashi and Tohru, but I really, really like them so the scarce chapters where they get any development are able to keep me reading lol. I actually was a lot more annoyed by Shouta in the anime than in the manga. I think he got more spotlight there. Kanna's Daily Life was unexpectedly good.
>>
>>2818172
I like this series a lot but I can say that it has a lot of problems.
The side characters take too long to be interesting
The author can't seem to follow trough with the main couple, maybe he's setting something up, maybe he wants to use it as a finale. It's annoying how much he teases eitherway.
There are a lot of generic jokes and tropes, mostly due to Ilulu.
And I could name a few more but regardless of them I still like it and Kanna's spinoff is my favorite by a lot.
>>
>>2818172
The problem the author seems to have shota fetish since he made another manga about a shota fucking big tittes girls.

It won't surprise me that shota character is some sort of self insert
>>
>>2818256
yeah the guy is definitely a shotacon. All the hentai doujinshi I seen from him are all shota. Which is why its ick how constantly he does all the shotacon tropes when its Lucoa chapters. You go from a family bonding chapter to onee-san hugs 10 year naked scene.
>>
>>2818256
>shota fetish
>he

I have a box full of NOPES for that :)
>>
>>2818309
it's clearly a mommy fetish not a shota fetish, which is why he fixates so much on giant titties
>>
>>2818324
but why waste it with a shota when several lolis exist
>>
>>2818154
What about original content with Kanna and Tohru meeting Kobayashi's parents and them seeing their daughter's wife and child.
>>
>>2818172
The only decent yuri manga he's written was Fullpapla. I thought it was pretty cute and had some funny moments.

>>2818256
Didn't he also add in shots moments in that manga about the girl living with a bunch of monster girls? I only read that for the ice girl and the main girl.
>>
File: tadaima.jpg (459 KB, 1280x961)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>2818432
What would their reaction be when their daughter who they probably never hear from shows up on their doorstep with a cosplay maid who thinks she is a dragon and their minority child?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2818442
The real question is how would they react to seeing the way Tohru acts around Kobayashi. They'll think their daughter has a sex slave.
>>
>>2818448
Surely Tohru would make an effort to contain her lust in front of the Kobayashis
>>
>>2818442
>daughter with a weird fascination for maids and no interest in men
>comes back years later married with a lewd foreigner in a maid dress
>there is a little girl too
I know everything was fine in the end but the first impression probably killed the Kobayashis
>>
>>2818442
>>2818448
>>2818488

Or maybe this is something that her parents expected to happen all along.
>>
>>2818490
we got to see Tohru's dad and Kanna's dad.
It's about time we saw Kobayashi's parents.
At least let us learn her FIRST NAME
>>
>>2818496
What do you think her first name would be? Kobayashi looks like she'd have a cute name like Mai.
>>
Decided to read the Kanna manga after hearing the raving reviews and I gotta say it's significantly better than the original.

Focuses exclusively on Kanna rather than awkwardly hobble around each of the 10 side characters each chapter. Maintains a consistent cute and comedic tone rather than uneven tone the original sets of comedy/heartwarming/serious. While the yuri isn't every chapter, it's also a consistent theme rather than Dragon maid's idea of doing yuri teasing, then shota, then het, then Otaku bromance.

Honestly all my complaints about the original seem pretty similar aha. The original tries to do so much and starts flopping at all of them while the Kanna manga focuses on its strengths. If you like dragon maid, I highly recommend reading Kanna's spinoff, it's much better.
>>
>>2817666
>The original Kobayashi would've fallen for Tooru a long time ago.
It's called character growth. People change.
>>
>>2818585
Ryoko.
>>
>>2818678
*Ryuuko
>>
>>2818440
>Fullpapla
Furumapura? Too bad the scans for that one died two and a half years ago, around the time the series was canceled if I remember right. I wonder what happened to the two of them in the end.

>>2818605
It's better because Cool doesn't have free reign to write whatever he wants.
>>
>>2818442
The ova ended with Kobayashi and Tohru ending pretty much as a couple, I wonder if they'll keep it that way and just alter some lines of dialogue
>>
>>2818585
Sayuri Kobayashi
>>
File: smile kanna.jpg (22 KB, 341x227)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2818678
>>2818723
RyuuKobayashi
>>
>>2817899
Welp, it's real. It's been a while since I've been so conflicted over something, specially if it's done by a studio other than KyoAni.
>>
File: 1504976326513.gif (438 KB, 365x205)
438 KB
438 KB GIF
>>2819001
>smile
>she has no mouth
>>
File: smile kanna.jpg (28 KB, 341x227)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2819008
better?
>>
Saeko Kobayashi
>>
>>2818410

Clearly he wanted to havea big titty momy and he got some old hag, baka

>>
>>2819016
no
>>
>>2817908
Hey, Iruru is cute and nice. Remember that she sacrificed herself to perform the important duty of being the anti "everybody is gay"-cliche ward.
That's a big thing, we should be grateful.
>>
>>2819243
>"everybody is gay"-cliche
There's literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
File: 1548227384349.jpg (83 KB, 394x320)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2819243
>Remember that she sacrificed herself to perform the important duty of being the anti "everybody is gay"-cliche ward
>>
>>2819280
it looks silly
>>
>>2819355
No, not really.
>>
>>2819243
>everybody is gay
Kobayashi, Tooru, Kanna and Saikawa would be the only ones, everyone else is straight
>>
>>2819361
Elma isn't straight. Food doesn't have a sexuality.
>>
>>2819355
Maybe to dumb straights that have something up their ass
>>
>>2819362
Or I should say gender.
>>
>>2819362
Elma is food-but-would-fuck-Kobayashi-if-asked-to.
Also she possibly liked Tohru a bit.
>>
>>2819025
He can fuck off with shitty fetish
>>
>>2817569
This reeks of editorial meddling.
>>
File: Untitled.png (42 KB, 341x227)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>2819043
>>
>>2819361
Lucoa fucked her sister so she's bi at least. Elma is almost certainly gay. Fafnir doesn't really have a sexuality.
>>
>>2819430
>Fafnir doesn't really have a sexuality
or so he wants you to think but why does it shack with the other otaku. Sure, could be games but you know, yaoi can into goggles too.
>>2819430
>Lucoa fucked her sister so she's bi at least.
Had to be drunk though, And regrets it. But what do we know, could just be several hundred years long denial.
Or was the problem it was her sister and/or the public relations impact, rather than the carpet things?
>>
File: 73146396_p0.jpg (826 KB, 900x1200)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
>>
>>2819459
>or so he wants you to think but why does it shack with the other otaku. Sure, could be games but you know, yaoi can into goggles too.
Of course, that's a very real possibilty too. In any case, he's not straight.

>Had to be drunk though, And regrets it. But what do we know, could just be several hundred years long denial.
>Or was the problem it was her sister and/or the public relations impact, rather than the carpet things?
Obviously she regrets it because it cost her her position as a goddess, but I think she enjoyed it. People tend to show their true colours when they're drunk.
>>
>>
>>2820075
>>
>>2820075
>>2820076
that's the good shit
>>
File: valentine.jpg (606 KB, 1524x1000)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>
>>2817260
I actually don't really want to watch this if it's made by another studio and creators.
>>
>>2820889
that's silly, who adapts is different but the base material is the same (this can be both good and bad)
JC did a better job with Hayate than Synergy or manglobe, Deen also did a better job with RM.
>>
>>2820897
Riiight.
>>
File: 1548158358634.jpg (27 KB, 640x640)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>2820903
>>
>>2820897
Change of staff can have a big impact on a show. Yuru Yuri S3 was very different from the previous seasons (and worse) as a result of being made by a different studio.
I think Maidragon had a certain personality that might be lost if handled by other studio, not to mention they might include the worst parts of the manga that the first season ignored. You can already see in the spin-offs how different writers have different takes on the characters.
>>
>>2820942
>Yuru Yuri S3
>and worse
No, it was a better job in general, especially abandoning Akarin's annoying Meme, he was forced and in the end it was not fun, they focused on the important things.

that's why I also mentioned Deen with Rozen Maiden, it was a much better job and more faithful to Manga, while the first seasons were a disaster that only had fans for memes.

>that might be lost if handled by other studio
or maybe not, it would be better to wait for management to give you the study, even if the original was Kyoani (nagato-chan is better than haruhi by the way)

>they might include the worst parts of the manga that the first season ignored.
that depends on the general management, but there are parts that people do not like, but they have to be put on.

>You can already see in the spin-offs how different writers have different takes on the characters.

Yes, but this is a second season, not Spin-off, the change can do a better or worse job, I just hope that people judge correctly and do not do those stupid fanboys tantrums even when the original was horrible.
>>
Thinking back a few months ago, does anyone remember the anthology, that contained works from various artists, that people were worried about having het?n Did we ever find out what was in that?
>>
>>2820959
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, not to mention your atrocious grammar and poor English in general.
>>
>>2820985
stop putting that as an excuse if you can not prove otherwise, even Kemono Friends is another example that supports me.
>>
>>2820987
No, it's not. All the examples you mentioned are worse than the originals.
>>
>>2820991
because you say it? Give me real reasons or you're just a Kyoani fanboy.
even gunslinger girl 2 was better, it had a real plot, but people hate S2 because it rubbed the S1 fans the face that they were just Lolicoms (S2 was not a bad job in general).
>>
>>2820997
Yuru Yuri S3 was a generic SOL completely lacking the zany humor that made the first two seasons enjoyable.
I'm not really a Haruhi fan, but Nagato-chan is just some boring moeblob with absolutely none of the qualities that made the original series so widely popular and influencial.
KF2 hasn't even ended yet and so far it has been a retread of the first season.
>>
>>2821002
>Yuru Yuri S3 was a generic SOL completely
no, it was always that way, the only thing that made S1 and S2 was to exaggerate things, the humor worked better in the manga, the Meme Akarin was stupidly inserted.

>qualities that made the original series so widely popular and influencial.
no, it was really just pretentious and silly, to the point that its author could not handle it and was so influential that it was forgotten by its fans, Nagato-chan is basically a fanfic, but it's not pretentious.

>KF2 hasn't even ended yet and so far it has been a retread of the first season.
I challenge you to say the same thing in the thread of KF.
>>
Did you guys seriously take the bait?
There's an anon who keeps trying his hardest to derail maidragon threads with the same topic, don't give him what he wants.
>>
File: 71c.gif (675 KB, 540x304)
675 KB
675 KB GIF
Bought a volume of Kanna's daily life to support the series. Kanna calls Tooru, "Lady Tooru" and Tooru says "Miss Kobayashi".

But in the classroom scene, we still see Saikawa-san and Kanna-chan, so the translation does keep the honorifics sometimes (which is what I expected from Seven Seas). Is this just inconsistent translation? I thought the original had Tooru-sama and Kobayashi-san.
>>
>>2821189
Yes, it's a shitty translation.
>>
>>2821191
Sigh, shitty translation indeed. Just finished reading the volume. In the Tanbata chapter, Kanna reads the name of everyone who posted wishes and gets mad when she notices Fafnir didn't write one and gets mad at him. In the translation, Kanna reads out Fafnir's name (instead not reading Takiya) but still gets mad at Fafnir in the next panel. It's a mistranslation that ruins a joke, which is a really bad mistake.

In the bonus chapter, the popularity poll lists Saikawa twice, I'm guessing one of those is supposed to indicate Takiya since he's the only character not in the poll. Both these translation mistakes shaft Takiya lol.

I was surprised dragon maid volumes release pretty close to the original Japanese release date (at least compared to other yuri translations) but I guess the reason is now obvious seeing as they just pushed a rushed, no QA translation.
>>
>>2821189
Sometimes scanlators play around with how honorifics are used based on context. For example, the world Tooru and Kanna come from isn't exactly Japan, so it would make sense that they probably wouldn't use Japanese terms themselves. I kinda do the same thing with my Bocchi Kaibutsu TL, since it's a Western setting. Additionally, "Miss Kobayashi" is the title, so it makes sense to give it context, and honestly -sama doesn't really sound that good as is these days.
>>
>>2821189
>>2821196
Wait, do you mean the official translations?
>>
File: 1519084630973.jpg (318 KB, 831x1200)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>2818169
If there is one change I wish to see from the manga is that, the decision to keep them as nothing more than friends still makes me mad and it kinda ruins the whole feel of a family story.
>>
>>2821278
She says she bought it, so I assume yes.
>>
>>2821285
>the decision to keep them as nothing more than friends still makes me mad and it kinda ruins the whole feel of a family story.

Despite Kobayashi using the word friend I don't think the manga ever implied that she only saw her as a friend. Other chapters have shown her being basically a mother.
>>
File: why cool why.png (1.23 MB, 1021x1042)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>2821285
>>2821310
I know is obvious she is her mother now but fuck I wanted Kobayashi to actually say it in front of Kanna, I know she is like this with romantic stuff so she is slow as fuck with Tohru but come on, this was the perfect chance to give Kanna her well deserved place as a daughter, she always say Kobayashi is like her mom but her luck is not better than Tohru when is about making this dense lady show her feelings
>>
>>2821310
>Despite Kobayashi using the word friend I don't think the manga ever implied that she only saw her as a friend. Other chapters have shown her being basically a mother.
That's exactly the problem, it goes against everything else the series has, from the anime to the spinoffs Kobayashi has always been moving towards the "mother" relationship with Kanna. It felt so forced and anticlimactic to leave it as friends and I doubt they will ever revisit the topic. That's why I hope they either don't adapt that arc or change the ending.
>>
File: Kobayashi.jpg (141 KB, 743x891)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2817899
When are we getting more news?
>>
File: 70633007_p0.jpg (934 KB, 1264x1187)
934 KB
934 KB JPG
>>2820075
>>2820076
>>
>>2822444
probably in a year when the anime airs
>>
File: 1522862429642.gif (2.62 MB, 540x304)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB GIF
>>2817260
I wonder I they're gonna go full-on yuri this time
>kyoani
Who am I kidding?
>>
>>2823140
Is it even KyoAni's fault when the manga doesn't go full yuri?
>>
File: 1533068758646.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>2823140
The anime felt like it wanted but couldn't deviate too much from the manga. If we're lucky COOL will let them go full yuri this season
>>
>>2823246
Considering that the manga itself still isn't doing shit in terms of yuri progression there is no reason to think JC is going to be given control of the story vs using the source.
>>
>>2823140
>adapting a hetero romance LN
>inventing a new female character
>shipping this character heavily with another girl

Yes. Kyoani really hates yuri.
>>
>>2823275
An exception is not a rule.
>>
File: 1550699646842.jpg (168 KB, 575x960)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Iruru is confirmed
>>
File: 1510946382027.png (1.23 MB, 1280x720)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>2826522
>>
>>2826522
Now that the manga is starting to suck it's the anime's turn.
>>
>>2824861
Same could be said about the bait in Hibike.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.