[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Chocolate rabbit.jpg (88 KB, 755x826)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Hot Chocolate Edition

Previous thread: >>2860626

>"New" fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG
>Older recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf
>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3
>>
File: T5qJaOy.jpg (287 KB, 1280x2392)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>2881635
>>
File: oheeyXt.png (340 KB, 540x644)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>2881639
>>
File: KFFgwWc.jpg (741 KB, 814x1183)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>2881642
>>
File: ioIEv1k.png (813 KB, 1216x2968)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
>>2881644
>>
File: cM5BoVp.jpg (300 KB, 640x1920)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>2881646
>>
File: 0HNTSXf.jpg (228 KB, 720x1280)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2881649
>>
>>2881635
>Hot Chocolate
Isn't that the ship name for Coco/Yang? Shoulda just went for Coco Appreciation or something. All hail our lesbian badass.
>>
>an A-tier girl is a lesbian
>only ever shipped with worst girl
and this, people, is why you never ask a monkey's paw to do anything for you.
>>
>>2881705
>tier bullshit
Back to /co/ with you
>>
>>2881719
She's not best girl, for that title belongs to a Schnee, but she's up there and I really can't call Coco a "good girl" either.
>>
>>2881720
My reply was in response to anon calling Velvet worst girl. There's no need for that. We appreciate all girls here.
>>
>>2881635
>Hot Chocolate Edition
Velvet/Coco is Crosshares, no?
>>
File: 1557212654849.png (109 KB, 549x565)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2881705
>Calling Velvet worst girl
Poor taste. I'm telling Coco to break your legs.
>>
Did newbie anon ever post their thoughts about V5 and V6? I enjoyed what they had to say.
>>
>>2881810
I believe they did, and those should still be in the last thread.
>>
File: bees in the snow.jpg (200 KB, 750x750)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
If we ever see Team FNKI, I want to Neon to flirt with Yang and Blake getting jealous 'cause her partner's a pussy magnet.
>>
>>2881877
I remain torn between which I'd like more in the manga.

Ruby getting jealous over Weiss' brief interest in Neptune, or just removing his existence altogether.
>>
File: kpnd9tP.png (604 KB, 900x1088)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>>2881810
I don't think I shared my first impressions, but I can give my opinion after having time to sit on them.
>V5
Honestly, kind of forgettable. I still recall the major broad strokes but there's already some minor things I've forgotten, but maybe that's because I speed-watched the series in two weeks. I liked the idea of following a different branch of the White Fang, in that different branches carry out their mission with different interpretations of their values, but them being controlled by Adam kinda dampened that. Following Weiss and Yang was fun for the action, but Blake's side was more enjoyable for the drama. The third act is where it was really enjoyable though, with all the build up paying off and tons of action for five episodes, even if the huge fight at Haven showed the team's limits. Weiss getting stabbed felt a little forced at first but I get that it was meant to boost Jaune's utility. The Raven vs Cinder fight was probably the highlight of the volume.
>V6
Act 1 was alright, but I hated that they spent half an hour dropping exposition in your face through a magic lore genie in a lamp. It wasn't that the backstory was bad, I just have issues with the delivery: they showed the actual GODS of the world and set the power ceiling in stone, broke "show don't tell" so hard that they had a demi-god level character dropping lore bombs for an entire episode, Jinn herself existing (and being a crutch for Ruby later on), and HALF AN HOUR of this poor writing decision going on. Don't get me wrong; I actually like that there was so much thought put into the world and backstory of two pillar characters, but there could have been so many better ways to convey all of that information about Salem. I get that it was sort of a fairy tale story and necessary since they probably wrote themselves into a corner and this info had to be given to the viewer somehow, but I just wish they hadn't hit us with the Book of Lore like that.
>>
>>2881810
>>2881980
Pt. 2 because hot opinions.
>"This world... is a Remnant of what it once was."
I was wondering why it was called that, but fuck off. That was a Yang tier pun.
Act 2 was actually pretty good, easily the best part of the volume between the ghost town, the Apathy, and Granny Reaper. Ruby's eye powers activating felt natural in that situation instead of sloppy like later on. Not a whole lot else to say about it aside from a thumbs up and one Ruby getting pissed at drunk Qrow.

Act 3 was... eh, good eye candy and not much else. It's never a good thing when two good guy sides are fighting each other without some kind of ideological conflict going on, especially when one of those sides is just off-the-wall stupid for no reason other than "the plot demands it". And who could have ever guessed that a monster would show up after the good guys beat each other up!
Adam coming out of fucking no where, literally popping up from across an ocean and another continent, was really weird with no build up but I wasn't surprised either after Blake went silent. The fight was really cool, apparently because the animations were scraps from Monty, but the reason behind them fighting, the suddenness behind it, and the conclusion to it was kind of just... eh. It felt too forced and didn't have enough build up or utilization of what they already built up (Blake's fleeing issues, Yang's PTSD, Adam's "power of character") to give it a satisfying pay off, it felt more like they either wanted to get him out of the picture or needed a quick solution to make Yang and Blake closer before the next volume. That fight was the best in the volume, but the narrative surrounding it was squandered and I felt like it could have had a better impact.

Overall: V5 was alright and then got better, V6 got progressively better before tanking. I get why a lot of fans apparently dropped the series around here.
>>
File: 1471853865534.png (1.7 MB, 975x1075)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>2881981
Not that it'll seem like much consolation, but Adam showing up isn't as crazy as you thought. They didn't leave the continent or cross an ocean or anything. They just took a train ride north.
>>
File: 144791313249.png (146 KB, 540x738)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>2881981
>>2881980
Good taste, newanon.
>>
>>2881980
>>2881981
Wow, you’re one of the scant few who liked the V5 ending? Most everyone hates it since the fight choreography was poor and uncoordinated af. The only things I liked were Raven/Cinder and the Yang/Raven confrontation.

>broke “show don’t tell” so hard
Ehh I kinda disagree. I’d much rather have Jinn’s narration happening throughout an extended exposition flashback with other stuff going onscreen than everyone sitting/standing and talking like they did in V5. Those scenes were some of the most difficult to watch. Plus the visuals were pretty.

Cordovin was way too cartoonish and was one of the lower points of the volume, I’ll give you that. I really wished they’d separated the BY vs A and mech fight instead of switching in between. Could’ve helped the pacing a bit.

Like the other anon said, the group didn’t travel very far. They—and Adam—were still in Mistral. The first time we see him is on the train while Blake was decoupling it. Some people were confused as to how he’s been following them, but I think he was on JNR’s segment when it went to Argus first, then waited around until RWBY arrived. As for deciding to end him here… he literally has no plot threads left to follow up on. He’s no longer welcome in the WF, thus of no more use to Salem. All he had was his gudge against Blake. Now seemed like a good time to finish that particular plot point, otherwise keeping him alive would just be dragging it out even further.

Thanks for sharing though. You have pretty legitimate reasons, instead of “hurr durr they ruined Adam’s character” or “the bees are forced” people have been spewing since it ended. That’s all the hatedom ever whines about.
>>
>>2882147
>but I think he was on JNR’s segment when it went to Argus first
He wasn't. There's a shot where Yang(?) (it was either her or Blake, during that dumb barn scene) sees him outside the window at Brunswick. He followed RWBY/OQ the whole time.
>That’s all the hatedom ever whines about.
It isn't. It's just all BB shippers ever pay attention to.
>>
>>2882157
Nope, watch again, and pay attention to his outfit. The Adam on the train wears a different outfit than the one Yang saw at the barn. The latter is a hallucination.
>>
>>2882147
>one of the scant few who liked the V5 ending.
I’ve noticed that people who binge volume 5 tend to think more favorably of it since binging it makes the pacing and other issues it suffered from much less apparent.
>>
>>2882249
Less apparent sure, but not unnoticeable. I’ve rewatched the series several times and v5 always stood out as the weakest, with the most disappointing finale. What hurt it was that the volume set up all these plot threads like learning about Oz/Salem, Raven, Oscar, reuniting Team RWBY, the WF attack on Haven… and half-assed basically all of it. Too many ideas, not enough time to explore them properly. Or the time used was mismanaged and allotted to the wrong things when others needed priority. In the end it amounted to a clusterfuck.
>>
>>2882267
Eh.
My biggest problem with volume 5 (and with volume 4 for that matter) has always been and Will always be the Menagerie arc including Adam and the Menagerie milita’s role in the finale.

If that arc were just completely rewritten from the ground up I would think so much higher of volumes 4 and 5. I honestly think the rest of the finale would only need to fix like 5 or 6 things and it would fully live up to its potential.

I stand by the opinion that the only thing the Menagerie arc did right was Ilia, and not just for /u/ reasons.
>>
>>2881877
I'll do you one better: Coco hitting on Yang in Vacuo.
>>
File: b6WXTXl.jpg (30 KB, 497x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2882442
>hitting on the worst member of team RWBY when she already has a cute rabbit girlfriend
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>2882442
>jealous Velvet
I can dig it.

>>2882467
Don't be rude. Maybe Velvet's not her type. Coco seems to have a thing for feisty Huntresses. First Emerald, now Carmine. I wonder if she tried hitting on Cinder-disguised-as-a-student.
>>
>>2882041
>They didn't leave the continent or cross an ocean or anything. They just took a train ride north.
Right, I kind of forgot where they were exactly. It's hard to keep track of their relative position in the world without a frequent map or just not knowing the world's regions well. I had the same issue with figuring out how long exactly the time skip was, because it seems like a few months but I've seen others describe it as years.
>>2882143
Thanks, anon.
>>2882147
It was poorly coordinated and, like I said, showed the team's limits with handling all that action, but I liked the general crescendo of it and how it brought everyone (good and bad) together. I can definitely understand why it's a weak finale for people, but I kind of enjoyed it, though maybe because the Raven fight carried it.
>Ehh I kinda disagree.
I can understand the appeal, I just feel like they could have conveyed the back story differently without so much time spent on exposition. Maybe they find the ruins of the old castle with a ruined painting of some familiar faces or something. I guess since it fit the fairy tale theme it wasn't all bad, but it kinda left a bad impression with me.
>he literally has no plot threads left to follow up on.
That's fair, but all the more it makes it feel like they squandered his potential as a sort of boss character for the team to fight. He had a lot of power as both a fighter and a leader due to his influence through strong character, and it just felt a little bit disappointing that we didn't get to see a more grand finishing act for him. I felt the same way about Ozpin, really; I wanted to see more bad ass action from such powerful characters but only got a little bit of it. Oh, and the fact that they didn't let him talk about a tragic backstory with the SDC branding or have Weiss see it was kind of a missed shot as well, but I can't really fault that I guess.

I also forgot to mention it, but the fight between Neo and Cinder kicked ass. Neo's a queen.
>>
>>2882442
It only just hit me that since CFVY are in Vacuo, now I can headcanon her and Velvet sexually bullying May
>>
>>2882518
>squandered his potential as a sort of boss character for the team to fight
He's not really an enemy for the entire team to fight, his role outside the radicalized White Fang's leader is mostly a personal demon for both Blake (abusive ex-boyfriend) and Yang (guy who maimed her) to overcome.
>it just felt a little bit disappointing that we didn't get to see a more grand finishing act for him
I totally get that, I felt the same after I first saw it, but after thinking it through, I liked how anticlimactic his ending was. In the grand scheme of things, compared to Salem? Adam is a nobody, not worth anyone's time. Blake even said so when she told him in v5 ("I'm here for Haven. Not you.") That was a massive blow to his ego. An abuser deserves to be forgotten. It was a fitting end for one.

If you're referring to the overall fight instead of its end... then yeah I can also see how it probably wasn't as hype. But Yang's learned how to fight smarter and Blake used to work with Adam, so she's familiar with his style. Adam over-relies on his semblance, and Blake sealed the deal once she told Yang what it was. From that point on you can see her switch up her own style to avoid giving his sword any juice.

>and the fact that they didn't let him talk about a tragic backstory with the SDC branding or have Weiss see it was kind of a missed shot as well
Did we really need Adam to spill his tragic backstory though? Just showing the brand saves time and quickly gives us context for him hating humans. Weiss... doesn't have any stake in that fight. I don't think her seeing it would've added anything. If it's something like shock or guilt, than she already said back in v1-v2 that she's aware of the SDC's shitty business practices. And we're bound to see more Faunus mistreatment come Atlas.
>>
>>2882525
>Yang learned how to fight smarter
Yang's always known how to fight smart. The big difference this time was that she got the drop on Adam, you know cause fuck the context around their first meeting influencing how they act, and learned his whole gimmick and adjusted accordingly. The idea that she doesn't fight smart is laughable.
>>
>>2882535
I said "fight smartER" not just "fight smart". I know she's not an idiot unlike half the fanbase. You're right, this time around she didn't activate her semblance willy-nilly and instead only did it to gain the upper hand once she lured him into her trap.
>>
>>2882535
>The idea that she doesn't fight smart is laughable.
She doesn't. She pretty much loses every fight she has against a named character and then crutches on her semblance letting her raw power through. She multiple times jumps into situations without properly gauging her opponents, with two of those times being situations where she would have outright died if not for other people stepping in to save her life.

Throwing yourself at your enemy hoping you last long enough to activate retard rage is not fighting smart. Especially not when you do it over and over even after it nearly costs you your life.
>>
>>2882518
>I had the same issue with figure out how long exactly the time skip was
Yeah, they kept that intensionally vaugue for... reasons I guess.
All that matters is that you know that volume 6 takes place just about 2 years after the first episode of the series.
Volume 1-3 was one school year at beacon so by he time Ruby leaves with JNR in the Winter, its been one full year.
And the time skip plus volumes 4-6 take place another full year.
Meaning currently, Ruby is 17 and the other students, not counting Oscar who’s 14 and CVFY who are a year older, are all 19.
>>
>>2882857
Well no, if Ruby’s 17 then that makes WBY 19. Team CFVY would be 20.
>>
>>2882909
That’s what I was saying. I was saying everyone, EXCEPT CVFY, was 19 now.
>>
>>2882857
>>2882909
>>2882925
Y'know, I hope they give us birth months for everyone in the upcoming lorebook. I bring this up just cause I like to imagine Weiss having a November or December birthday, after Ruby's in the year (which would make her 18 still in V6, provided December)
>>
>>2883073
I think it’d be pretty funny if it turns out that Weiss was the oldest, ‘cause she doesn’t really act like it.
>>
>>2882857
>all that matters
>implying the specific age of the characters matters
>>
>>2883115
No, but it matters for context of things like how much in world time has passed since important events like the fall of Beacon.
>>
>>2883119
It doesn't. Because there's no difference either way.

Atlas isn't acting any different now than they would have been 2 weeks after the fall of Beacon, Menagerie somehow didn't hear the white fang attacking beacon until Blake showed up despite it being months and there being travel to and from their island, Blake somehow took months to find a boat to get onto, Cinder's entire timeline is just nonsense.

It doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>2883131
Actually it does. Atlas academy will actually be in session when our heroes arrive there as opposed to Haven.
Which gives an easier excuse to have minor Atlas characters like team FNKI show up.
>>
>>2883131
>Cinder’s timeline is just nonsense
I 100% agree about Menagerie’s timeline being bollocks.
>Reason #357 the Menagerie arc was fucking trash outside of Ilia
But what was wrong with Cinder’s timeline?
>>
>>2883142
Haven having no classes had nothing to do with when it took place or timelines in general though; it was Lionheart actively shutting it down.
>>
Was there always this much Velvet Coco art or is this a new thing, im surprised to see so much stuff I didn't see before here.
>>
>>2883252
Novel is very gay and it's been a background staple ship for years.
>>
>>2883252
It's always been a fairly popular background ship, so yeah, there's always been this much art.

Coco being officially gay is just giving people a reason to post more.
>>
>>2883252
I don’t know exactly how much there is, but even before Coco was confirmed gay, there was one anon who would come around every once in a while (typically when thread discussion turned particularly cancerous or toxic if I remember right), and just dump a metric fuckton of crosshairs art.
>>
>>2883142
>Atlas couldn't just already be in session
>when Ironwood gave a vague "we'll be back in session before you know it
>implying any of this makes the amount of time important
>>
>>2883252
>Was there always this much Velvet Coco art
Yes. They have been shipped since before Coco's appearance was even known >>2882467 leading up to V2. It's just that these threads never pay attention to anything but BB/WR unless something happens to draw attention to other pairings (Yang/Weiss hug, novel, etc.)
>>
>>2883252
I, for one, embrace our bunny lesbian overlord.
>>
File: orig[1].png (331 KB, 750x750)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>
>>2883252
>>2883255
>Coco being officially gay is just giving people a reason to post more.
That and the leaked page makes it kinda sound like Velvet had a crush on Coco.
>>
Anyone know where to find this?
>>
What if Ruby and Yang were full-blooded siblings?
>>
>>2884166
The sex would be even hotter.
>>
>>2884698
They're already sisters in every way that matters
>>
>>2884790
It's still wincest but it's even better when it's legitimate wincest. Same goes for their moms.
>>
>>2885008
No, it's even better when they're both panting breathlessly against each other with one of them half-heartedly saying "we're only half-sisters, right?" before both decide to go with that flimsy excuse
>>
>>2884166
What if Summer and Raven were both of their moms instead?
>>
File: file.png (1.52 MB, 1471x1037)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Been able to speak moon must be nice
>>
>>2885304
T-That's what I was implying?

>>2885328
You know that whole doujin got posted to tumblr in English the other day, yeah?
I'm rather amused that the author successfully managed to predict that Coco uses her glasses to disguise when she's checking out girls.
>>
File: 1547648895730.jpg (89 KB, 686x753)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
So was Coco having one night stands and never calling the girls again afterward? Or is it that she would always become bored with her relationships and break them off? Or maybe it was something insidious, like she enjoyed the mind games of deliberately making girls fall in love with her and then dumping them?

I require details of her exploits.
>>
>>2885394
For all we know, it's as innocent as her only ever flirting with a string of fangirls, then turning them down if they pushed for something tangible.
>>
>>2885394
She is (was?) just a noncommittal lesbian who likes to flirt and isn’t interested in a serious relationship.
>>
>>2885394
It's probably the latter but I would much prefer the former
>>
>>2885567
>The latter
This ain't an angst thing, it's likely the middle or first one.
>>
>>2885570
I skimmed through the post and didn't notice the third one. The middle one was what I meant when I said latter.
>>
>>2885360
Link?
>>
>>2885929
https://sakupan02.tumblr.com/post/184829956709/sorry-i-made-you-wait-crosshares-fanbook-i-drew

It's divided into 3 separate posts I think? Should be easy enough to find the other two.
>>
>>2885931
Thanks!
>>
File: RWBY at the Dance.jpg (189 KB, 1280x725)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
>>2886555
Speaking of dances, is anyone here on board the whole Atlas Ball/Dance prediction?

I'm kinda hyped if they spend the time wisely and focus on our girls, plus new outfits. Weiss is long overdue for an upgrade
>>
>>2887181
I want to see BB dance together for more than 2 seconds.
>>
>>2887181
>Ruby still cannot dance
>Winter tutors her so Weiss has a competent partner
Please RT.
>>
>>2887243
Something about the proportions in this picture is off and it’s bugging me in a way I can’t quite describe.

Maybe it’s the position they’re in. That position makes it seem like either they’re about to fall over or Blake has thighs of steel.
>>
>>2887181
Personally feel like it'd be kind of out-of-place with the tone and pacing they've set lately, but I wouldn't complain if it did come to pass.

I'd complain if Weiss didn't dance with Ruby.
>>
>>2887311
The only way I can see a dance happening is if Jacques throws another charity ball or something and Cinder crashes it while our heroes are present.
>>
>>2887552
I mean, if there is a ball, obviously Cinder's gonna crash it.
That's her whole motif.
>>
>>2887588
Cinder should crash it with one of her trademark plans, it should be going great and then Salem should crash it and wreck her because Cinder must always suffer.
>>
>>2887310
They're both pretty beefy in this picture; I'm fine believing that Blake has some next level posterior strength though.
>>
>>2887296
>>2887311
>Weiss has to teach Ruby how to actually walk in heels
>implying Weiss wouldnt teach Ruby everything she knows

MK please

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.