[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Chocolate rabbit.jpg (88 KB, 755x826)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Hot Chocolate Edition

Previous thread: >>2860626

>"New" fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG
>Older recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf
>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3
>>
File: T5qJaOy.jpg (287 KB, 1280x2392)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>2881635
>>
File: oheeyXt.png (340 KB, 540x644)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>2881639
>>
File: KFFgwWc.jpg (741 KB, 814x1183)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>2881642
>>
File: ioIEv1k.png (813 KB, 1216x2968)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
>>2881644
>>
File: cM5BoVp.jpg (300 KB, 640x1920)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>2881646
>>
File: 0HNTSXf.jpg (228 KB, 720x1280)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2881649
>>
>>2881635
>Hot Chocolate
Isn't that the ship name for Coco/Yang? Shoulda just went for Coco Appreciation or something. All hail our lesbian badass.
>>
>an A-tier girl is a lesbian
>only ever shipped with worst girl
and this, people, is why you never ask a monkey's paw to do anything for you.
>>
>>2881705
>tier bullshit
Back to /co/ with you
>>
>>2881719
She's not best girl, for that title belongs to a Schnee, but she's up there and I really can't call Coco a "good girl" either.
>>
>>2881720
My reply was in response to anon calling Velvet worst girl. There's no need for that. We appreciate all girls here.
>>
>>2881635
>Hot Chocolate Edition
Velvet/Coco is Crosshares, no?
>>
File: 1557212654849.png (109 KB, 549x565)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2881705
>Calling Velvet worst girl
Poor taste. I'm telling Coco to break your legs.
>>
Did newbie anon ever post their thoughts about V5 and V6? I enjoyed what they had to say.
>>
>>2881810
I believe they did, and those should still be in the last thread.
>>
File: bees in the snow.jpg (200 KB, 750x750)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
If we ever see Team FNKI, I want to Neon to flirt with Yang and Blake getting jealous 'cause her partner's a pussy magnet.
>>
>>2881877
I remain torn between which I'd like more in the manga.

Ruby getting jealous over Weiss' brief interest in Neptune, or just removing his existence altogether.
>>
File: kpnd9tP.png (604 KB, 900x1088)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>>2881810
I don't think I shared my first impressions, but I can give my opinion after having time to sit on them.
>V5
Honestly, kind of forgettable. I still recall the major broad strokes but there's already some minor things I've forgotten, but maybe that's because I speed-watched the series in two weeks. I liked the idea of following a different branch of the White Fang, in that different branches carry out their mission with different interpretations of their values, but them being controlled by Adam kinda dampened that. Following Weiss and Yang was fun for the action, but Blake's side was more enjoyable for the drama. The third act is where it was really enjoyable though, with all the build up paying off and tons of action for five episodes, even if the huge fight at Haven showed the team's limits. Weiss getting stabbed felt a little forced at first but I get that it was meant to boost Jaune's utility. The Raven vs Cinder fight was probably the highlight of the volume.
>V6
Act 1 was alright, but I hated that they spent half an hour dropping exposition in your face through a magic lore genie in a lamp. It wasn't that the backstory was bad, I just have issues with the delivery: they showed the actual GODS of the world and set the power ceiling in stone, broke "show don't tell" so hard that they had a demi-god level character dropping lore bombs for an entire episode, Jinn herself existing (and being a crutch for Ruby later on), and HALF AN HOUR of this poor writing decision going on. Don't get me wrong; I actually like that there was so much thought put into the world and backstory of two pillar characters, but there could have been so many better ways to convey all of that information about Salem. I get that it was sort of a fairy tale story and necessary since they probably wrote themselves into a corner and this info had to be given to the viewer somehow, but I just wish they hadn't hit us with the Book of Lore like that.
>>
>>2881810
>>2881980
Pt. 2 because hot opinions.
>"This world... is a Remnant of what it once was."
I was wondering why it was called that, but fuck off. That was a Yang tier pun.
Act 2 was actually pretty good, easily the best part of the volume between the ghost town, the Apathy, and Granny Reaper. Ruby's eye powers activating felt natural in that situation instead of sloppy like later on. Not a whole lot else to say about it aside from a thumbs up and one Ruby getting pissed at drunk Qrow.

Act 3 was... eh, good eye candy and not much else. It's never a good thing when two good guy sides are fighting each other without some kind of ideological conflict going on, especially when one of those sides is just off-the-wall stupid for no reason other than "the plot demands it". And who could have ever guessed that a monster would show up after the good guys beat each other up!
Adam coming out of fucking no where, literally popping up from across an ocean and another continent, was really weird with no build up but I wasn't surprised either after Blake went silent. The fight was really cool, apparently because the animations were scraps from Monty, but the reason behind them fighting, the suddenness behind it, and the conclusion to it was kind of just... eh. It felt too forced and didn't have enough build up or utilization of what they already built up (Blake's fleeing issues, Yang's PTSD, Adam's "power of character") to give it a satisfying pay off, it felt more like they either wanted to get him out of the picture or needed a quick solution to make Yang and Blake closer before the next volume. That fight was the best in the volume, but the narrative surrounding it was squandered and I felt like it could have had a better impact.

Overall: V5 was alright and then got better, V6 got progressively better before tanking. I get why a lot of fans apparently dropped the series around here.
>>
File: 1471853865534.png (1.7 MB, 975x1075)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>2881981
Not that it'll seem like much consolation, but Adam showing up isn't as crazy as you thought. They didn't leave the continent or cross an ocean or anything. They just took a train ride north.
>>
File: 144791313249.png (146 KB, 540x738)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>2881981
>>2881980
Good taste, newanon.
>>
>>2881980
>>2881981
Wow, you’re one of the scant few who liked the V5 ending? Most everyone hates it since the fight choreography was poor and uncoordinated af. The only things I liked were Raven/Cinder and the Yang/Raven confrontation.

>broke “show don’t tell” so hard
Ehh I kinda disagree. I’d much rather have Jinn’s narration happening throughout an extended exposition flashback with other stuff going onscreen than everyone sitting/standing and talking like they did in V5. Those scenes were some of the most difficult to watch. Plus the visuals were pretty.

Cordovin was way too cartoonish and was one of the lower points of the volume, I’ll give you that. I really wished they’d separated the BY vs A and mech fight instead of switching in between. Could’ve helped the pacing a bit.

Like the other anon said, the group didn’t travel very far. They—and Adam—were still in Mistral. The first time we see him is on the train while Blake was decoupling it. Some people were confused as to how he’s been following them, but I think he was on JNR’s segment when it went to Argus first, then waited around until RWBY arrived. As for deciding to end him here… he literally has no plot threads left to follow up on. He’s no longer welcome in the WF, thus of no more use to Salem. All he had was his gudge against Blake. Now seemed like a good time to finish that particular plot point, otherwise keeping him alive would just be dragging it out even further.

Thanks for sharing though. You have pretty legitimate reasons, instead of “hurr durr they ruined Adam’s character” or “the bees are forced” people have been spewing since it ended. That’s all the hatedom ever whines about.
>>
>>2882147
>but I think he was on JNR’s segment when it went to Argus first
He wasn't. There's a shot where Yang(?) (it was either her or Blake, during that dumb barn scene) sees him outside the window at Brunswick. He followed RWBY/OQ the whole time.
>That’s all the hatedom ever whines about.
It isn't. It's just all BB shippers ever pay attention to.
>>
>>2882157
Nope, watch again, and pay attention to his outfit. The Adam on the train wears a different outfit than the one Yang saw at the barn. The latter is a hallucination.
>>
>>2882147
>one of the scant few who liked the V5 ending.
I’ve noticed that people who binge volume 5 tend to think more favorably of it since binging it makes the pacing and other issues it suffered from much less apparent.
>>
>>2882249
Less apparent sure, but not unnoticeable. I’ve rewatched the series several times and v5 always stood out as the weakest, with the most disappointing finale. What hurt it was that the volume set up all these plot threads like learning about Oz/Salem, Raven, Oscar, reuniting Team RWBY, the WF attack on Haven… and half-assed basically all of it. Too many ideas, not enough time to explore them properly. Or the time used was mismanaged and allotted to the wrong things when others needed priority. In the end it amounted to a clusterfuck.
>>
>>2882267
Eh.
My biggest problem with volume 5 (and with volume 4 for that matter) has always been and Will always be the Menagerie arc including Adam and the Menagerie milita’s role in the finale.

If that arc were just completely rewritten from the ground up I would think so much higher of volumes 4 and 5. I honestly think the rest of the finale would only need to fix like 5 or 6 things and it would fully live up to its potential.

I stand by the opinion that the only thing the Menagerie arc did right was Ilia, and not just for /u/ reasons.
>>
>>2881877
I'll do you one better: Coco hitting on Yang in Vacuo.
>>
File: b6WXTXl.jpg (30 KB, 497x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2882442
>hitting on the worst member of team RWBY when she already has a cute rabbit girlfriend
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>2882442
>jealous Velvet
I can dig it.

>>2882467
Don't be rude. Maybe Velvet's not her type. Coco seems to have a thing for feisty Huntresses. First Emerald, now Carmine. I wonder if she tried hitting on Cinder-disguised-as-a-student.
>>
>>2882041
>They didn't leave the continent or cross an ocean or anything. They just took a train ride north.
Right, I kind of forgot where they were exactly. It's hard to keep track of their relative position in the world without a frequent map or just not knowing the world's regions well. I had the same issue with figuring out how long exactly the time skip was, because it seems like a few months but I've seen others describe it as years.
>>2882143
Thanks, anon.
>>2882147
It was poorly coordinated and, like I said, showed the team's limits with handling all that action, but I liked the general crescendo of it and how it brought everyone (good and bad) together. I can definitely understand why it's a weak finale for people, but I kind of enjoyed it, though maybe because the Raven fight carried it.
>Ehh I kinda disagree.
I can understand the appeal, I just feel like they could have conveyed the back story differently without so much time spent on exposition. Maybe they find the ruins of the old castle with a ruined painting of some familiar faces or something. I guess since it fit the fairy tale theme it wasn't all bad, but it kinda left a bad impression with me.
>he literally has no plot threads left to follow up on.
That's fair, but all the more it makes it feel like they squandered his potential as a sort of boss character for the team to fight. He had a lot of power as both a fighter and a leader due to his influence through strong character, and it just felt a little bit disappointing that we didn't get to see a more grand finishing act for him. I felt the same way about Ozpin, really; I wanted to see more bad ass action from such powerful characters but only got a little bit of it. Oh, and the fact that they didn't let him talk about a tragic backstory with the SDC branding or have Weiss see it was kind of a missed shot as well, but I can't really fault that I guess.

I also forgot to mention it, but the fight between Neo and Cinder kicked ass. Neo's a queen.
>>
>>2882442
It only just hit me that since CFVY are in Vacuo, now I can headcanon her and Velvet sexually bullying May
>>
>>2882518
>squandered his potential as a sort of boss character for the team to fight
He's not really an enemy for the entire team to fight, his role outside the radicalized White Fang's leader is mostly a personal demon for both Blake (abusive ex-boyfriend) and Yang (guy who maimed her) to overcome.
>it just felt a little bit disappointing that we didn't get to see a more grand finishing act for him
I totally get that, I felt the same after I first saw it, but after thinking it through, I liked how anticlimactic his ending was. In the grand scheme of things, compared to Salem? Adam is a nobody, not worth anyone's time. Blake even said so when she told him in v5 ("I'm here for Haven. Not you.") That was a massive blow to his ego. An abuser deserves to be forgotten. It was a fitting end for one.

If you're referring to the overall fight instead of its end... then yeah I can also see how it probably wasn't as hype. But Yang's learned how to fight smarter and Blake used to work with Adam, so she's familiar with his style. Adam over-relies on his semblance, and Blake sealed the deal once she told Yang what it was. From that point on you can see her switch up her own style to avoid giving his sword any juice.

>and the fact that they didn't let him talk about a tragic backstory with the SDC branding or have Weiss see it was kind of a missed shot as well
Did we really need Adam to spill his tragic backstory though? Just showing the brand saves time and quickly gives us context for him hating humans. Weiss... doesn't have any stake in that fight. I don't think her seeing it would've added anything. If it's something like shock or guilt, than she already said back in v1-v2 that she's aware of the SDC's shitty business practices. And we're bound to see more Faunus mistreatment come Atlas.
>>
>>2882525
>Yang learned how to fight smarter
Yang's always known how to fight smart. The big difference this time was that she got the drop on Adam, you know cause fuck the context around their first meeting influencing how they act, and learned his whole gimmick and adjusted accordingly. The idea that she doesn't fight smart is laughable.
>>
>>2882535
I said "fight smartER" not just "fight smart". I know she's not an idiot unlike half the fanbase. You're right, this time around she didn't activate her semblance willy-nilly and instead only did it to gain the upper hand once she lured him into her trap.
>>
>>2882535
>The idea that she doesn't fight smart is laughable.
She doesn't. She pretty much loses every fight she has against a named character and then crutches on her semblance letting her raw power through. She multiple times jumps into situations without properly gauging her opponents, with two of those times being situations where she would have outright died if not for other people stepping in to save her life.

Throwing yourself at your enemy hoping you last long enough to activate retard rage is not fighting smart. Especially not when you do it over and over even after it nearly costs you your life.
>>
>>2882518
>I had the same issue with figure out how long exactly the time skip was
Yeah, they kept that intensionally vaugue for... reasons I guess.
All that matters is that you know that volume 6 takes place just about 2 years after the first episode of the series.
Volume 1-3 was one school year at beacon so by he time Ruby leaves with JNR in the Winter, its been one full year.
And the time skip plus volumes 4-6 take place another full year.
Meaning currently, Ruby is 17 and the other students, not counting Oscar who’s 14 and CVFY who are a year older, are all 19.
>>
>>2882857
Well no, if Ruby’s 17 then that makes WBY 19. Team CFVY would be 20.
>>
>>2882909
That’s what I was saying. I was saying everyone, EXCEPT CVFY, was 19 now.
>>
>>2882857
>>2882909
>>2882925
Y'know, I hope they give us birth months for everyone in the upcoming lorebook. I bring this up just cause I like to imagine Weiss having a November or December birthday, after Ruby's in the year (which would make her 18 still in V6, provided December)
>>
>>2883073
I think it’d be pretty funny if it turns out that Weiss was the oldest, ‘cause she doesn’t really act like it.
>>
>>2882857
>all that matters
>implying the specific age of the characters matters
>>
>>2883115
No, but it matters for context of things like how much in world time has passed since important events like the fall of Beacon.
>>
>>2883119
It doesn't. Because there's no difference either way.

Atlas isn't acting any different now than they would have been 2 weeks after the fall of Beacon, Menagerie somehow didn't hear the white fang attacking beacon until Blake showed up despite it being months and there being travel to and from their island, Blake somehow took months to find a boat to get onto, Cinder's entire timeline is just nonsense.

It doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>2883131
Actually it does. Atlas academy will actually be in session when our heroes arrive there as opposed to Haven.
Which gives an easier excuse to have minor Atlas characters like team FNKI show up.
>>
>>2883131
>Cinder’s timeline is just nonsense
I 100% agree about Menagerie’s timeline being bollocks.
>Reason #357 the Menagerie arc was fucking trash outside of Ilia
But what was wrong with Cinder’s timeline?
>>
>>2883142
Haven having no classes had nothing to do with when it took place or timelines in general though; it was Lionheart actively shutting it down.
>>
Was there always this much Velvet Coco art or is this a new thing, im surprised to see so much stuff I didn't see before here.
>>
>>2883252
Novel is very gay and it's been a background staple ship for years.
>>
>>2883252
It's always been a fairly popular background ship, so yeah, there's always been this much art.

Coco being officially gay is just giving people a reason to post more.
>>
>>2883252
I don’t know exactly how much there is, but even before Coco was confirmed gay, there was one anon who would come around every once in a while (typically when thread discussion turned particularly cancerous or toxic if I remember right), and just dump a metric fuckton of crosshairs art.
>>
>>2883142
>Atlas couldn't just already be in session
>when Ironwood gave a vague "we'll be back in session before you know it
>implying any of this makes the amount of time important
>>
>>2883252
>Was there always this much Velvet Coco art
Yes. They have been shipped since before Coco's appearance was even known >>2882467 leading up to V2. It's just that these threads never pay attention to anything but BB/WR unless something happens to draw attention to other pairings (Yang/Weiss hug, novel, etc.)
>>
>>2883252
I, for one, embrace our bunny lesbian overlord.
>>
File: orig[1].png (331 KB, 750x750)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>
>>2883252
>>2883255
>Coco being officially gay is just giving people a reason to post more.
That and the leaked page makes it kinda sound like Velvet had a crush on Coco.
>>
Anyone know where to find this?
>>
What if Ruby and Yang were full-blooded siblings?
>>
>>2884166
The sex would be even hotter.
>>
>>2884698
They're already sisters in every way that matters
>>
>>2884790
It's still wincest but it's even better when it's legitimate wincest. Same goes for their moms.
>>
>>2885008
No, it's even better when they're both panting breathlessly against each other with one of them half-heartedly saying "we're only half-sisters, right?" before both decide to go with that flimsy excuse
>>
>>2884166
What if Summer and Raven were both of their moms instead?
>>
File: file.png (1.52 MB, 1471x1037)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Been able to speak moon must be nice
>>
>>2885304
T-That's what I was implying?

>>2885328
You know that whole doujin got posted to tumblr in English the other day, yeah?
I'm rather amused that the author successfully managed to predict that Coco uses her glasses to disguise when she's checking out girls.
>>
File: 1547648895730.jpg (89 KB, 686x753)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
So was Coco having one night stands and never calling the girls again afterward? Or is it that she would always become bored with her relationships and break them off? Or maybe it was something insidious, like she enjoyed the mind games of deliberately making girls fall in love with her and then dumping them?

I require details of her exploits.
>>
>>2885394
For all we know, it's as innocent as her only ever flirting with a string of fangirls, then turning them down if they pushed for something tangible.
>>
>>2885394
She is (was?) just a noncommittal lesbian who likes to flirt and isn’t interested in a serious relationship.
>>
>>2885394
It's probably the latter but I would much prefer the former
>>
>>2885567
>The latter
This ain't an angst thing, it's likely the middle or first one.
>>
>>2885570
I skimmed through the post and didn't notice the third one. The middle one was what I meant when I said latter.
>>
>>2885360
Link?
>>
>>2885929
https://sakupan02.tumblr.com/post/184829956709/sorry-i-made-you-wait-crosshares-fanbook-i-drew

It's divided into 3 separate posts I think? Should be easy enough to find the other two.
>>
>>2885931
Thanks!
>>
File: RWBY at the Dance.jpg (189 KB, 1280x725)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
>>2886555
Speaking of dances, is anyone here on board the whole Atlas Ball/Dance prediction?

I'm kinda hyped if they spend the time wisely and focus on our girls, plus new outfits. Weiss is long overdue for an upgrade
>>
>>2887181
I want to see BB dance together for more than 2 seconds.
>>
>>2887181
>Ruby still cannot dance
>Winter tutors her so Weiss has a competent partner
Please RT.
>>
>>2887243
Something about the proportions in this picture is off and it’s bugging me in a way I can’t quite describe.

Maybe it’s the position they’re in. That position makes it seem like either they’re about to fall over or Blake has thighs of steel.
>>
>>2887181
Personally feel like it'd be kind of out-of-place with the tone and pacing they've set lately, but I wouldn't complain if it did come to pass.

I'd complain if Weiss didn't dance with Ruby.
>>
>>2887311
The only way I can see a dance happening is if Jacques throws another charity ball or something and Cinder crashes it while our heroes are present.
>>
>>2887552
I mean, if there is a ball, obviously Cinder's gonna crash it.
That's her whole motif.
>>
>>2887588
Cinder should crash it with one of her trademark plans, it should be going great and then Salem should crash it and wreck her because Cinder must always suffer.
>>
>>2887310
They're both pretty beefy in this picture; I'm fine believing that Blake has some next level posterior strength though.
>>
>>2887296
>>2887311
>Weiss has to teach Ruby how to actually walk in heels
>implying Weiss wouldnt teach Ruby everything she knows

MK please
>>
File: Grabby Midget.png (728 KB, 744x1052)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
Baked Alaska hits a wonderful middle ground between violently hot and cuddly.
>>
File: 1558470593910.jpg (133 KB, 706x799)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Beautiful hate-fuckers
>>
>>2892125
That resolution smells of Pinterest to me.
>>
File: yRimHIf.png (40 KB, 1689x440)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Predictions on where they take the next chapter?

I'm content with the pace theyre going at, but I hope they don't skip the prime whiterose and BB fodder
>>
>>2892707
Based on how they basically skipped right from initiation to the tail-end of Blake and Weiss' argument, everything's in place for the confrontation at the docks, and the V1 finale. Dunno if the next chapter will totally close out V1, or if it might take 2.

I'm quite interested to see how it goes, especially with regards to Ruby and Weiss. Thus far, the adaptation has put a greater degree of focus on the two, but this is mostly in-line with how V1 was, with a couple extra additions. However the finale didn't really contain anything between them, so if the manga adds in more there, it's gonna start giving me certain hopes and expectations for V2...
>>
any good enabler or pollination fics?
>>
>>2893189
Linked In Life And Love is supposedly good pollination, but I haven't read it myself.
>>
>>
>>
>>2894461
He’s not mad Weiss is gay but he is furious that Ruby is poor.
>>
>>2892790
Welp, I was right, we're already at the dock fight, though it'll take a second chapter to resolve it, rounding V1 out at 8 chapters.

Kinda interesting how RWY just go back to Beacon themselves, and don't even bother looking for Blake. Also disappointed that this is the first chapter not to have some kinda moment between Ruby and Weiss. Oh well, better luck next month...
>>
File: Ch7Pg6.png (388 KB, 644x806)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
Interesting--the manga continues to downplay BS and even adds a small bit of BB that wasn't originally there in the show.

Not only did they completely omit the wink, and skipped over Sun and Blake's not-date with Blake talking about her WF past, they also added in Yang being conflicted over Blake running away the first time. Moments like that were sorely needed in the first two volumes.

I only hope they do the V2C6 classroom scene justice. Can't imagine they'd cut that, since it's a pretty significant piece of character depth for Yang.
>>
>>2895239
>futa
>>>/d/
>>
>>2894461
Reminds me of my favorite line from Saving Face.
>"At least she's marrying a doctor."
>>
Just rewatched the V2 and is it me missing something or is there an actual reason Blake seemed to have forgotten to use her dust-charged shadow-clones in fights in following volumes?
>>
Shipped WR from the start of season 1, still ship it. It’s cute.
>>
File: 1460869432151.jpg (105 KB, 540x782)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>2895651
Me too.
>>
>>2895624
She doesn't actually have dust-charged clones, they are the result of the dust cartridge Weiss prepared for her (she hands it to her just before Neo shows up when they drop into the train).

As for why she hasn't bought elemental dust rounds since and used them--the same reason that Ruby rarely uses her stupidly fast speed, Emerald tries to tackle Yang instead of using her 60 foot chain weapon, Raven "only the strong survive" Branwen has a tribe of bandits who can barely fight, and weapons in the show sometimes cut Grimm clean in half and other times don't even slightly scratch them: The show isn't very good.
>>
>>2895624
She used an ice dust clone in Volume 3 during the first fight in the tournament since there was ice dust everywhere and she used an ice clone back in one of the worst scenes in volume 5 when she traps the 2 fox brothers in her ice clone and proceeds to talk with her dad and Sun for like a solid 30 seconds instead of fucking using it as an opportunity to attack the fuckers.
>>
>>2895651
Same here sis.
V7. I can feel it.
>>
>>2895744
>she used an ice clone back in one of the worst scenes in volume 5 when she traps the 2 fox brothers in her ice clone and proceeds to talk with her dad and Sun for like a solid 30 seconds instead of fucking using it as an opportunity to attack the fuckers.
God that was ABYSMALLY stupid. Like, watching that scene genuinely saps ones intelligence away. It is so utterly, nigh inconceivably, stupid.
>>
>>2895859
Watch RWBY and take a shot every time the characters act out-of-character stupid for the sake of plot progression.
>>
>>2895863
Anon that’s suicide, so we can all do it together after Ruby and Oscar’s wedding.
>>
>>2896169
>spoiler
DELET
>>
>>2896169
Pls end yourself for even mocking that idiocy.
>>
>Casey posting a photo of the RWBY manga beside "My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness" at the bookstore
Neat.
>>
>>2896219
>"My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness"
oh god no please we didnt want that kind of yuri
>>
File: 1528502198685.png (356 KB, 1328x1528)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>2896229
But we've already got a lesbian experiencing loneliness
>>
>>2896219
Neat, I didn't know she liked girls.
>>
File: D71aaj8UEAEAwHs.jpg (127 KB, 900x900)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>2896287
Maybe Ilia will have met a nice girl by the time we see her again.
>>
File: 1383895299633.jpg (107 KB, 1000x1300)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2896306
>the time we see her again
Bold claim
>>
>>2896401
I’m half-expecting to see all the characters we’ve met show up at least one more time at the end when the heroes are about to fight Salem and/or the gods because that’s some grade-a shonen cheese.
>>
>>2896521
Yeah that always happens. It's basically a call for backup lol.
>>
>>2896521
>>2897172
One of my all time favourite tropes
>>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/19052890

I gave in and wrote some filthy N/C Fallen Petals denial. I hope some of you have as little shame left as I do.
>>
>>2897785
very nice

more chapters please....
>>
>>2897789
I have plenty more planned, just have to sort details out. I'm glad you enjoyed.
>>
File: 1534213627336.jpg (471 KB, 2384x2252)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>2895651
Same here sis

This new manga and Vol. 7 is our time to shine.
>>
>>2897785
I am happy Petals somehow continues to be a thing despite having so few shippers or canon interaction moments to hold on to.
>>
>>2898022

Ruby is just so perfect and easy to use as a sub. I don't ship Petals at all, but it's the perfect pairing for a noncon denial fantasy.
>>
>>2898071
>>
File: ExtraSmol.jpg (94 KB, 640x800)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2890615
agreeed
>>
>>2894873
I could actually see that happening.
>>
File: 1558908720804.jpg (160 KB, 550x548)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>
>>>2898721
Ooooh, fresh shit
>>
>>2898674
Ruby has a cute pet.
>>
>>2899503
Yeah, she's a little bitch.
>>
>>2899512
You sure? She looks kinda catty to me.
>>
>>2885014
no, it's not. It's only better when they're actually blood-related.
>>
>>2899514
She might be a cat but she's still a bitch.
>>
File: Ice Princess Weiss.jpg (2.66 MB, 2893x4092)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>2899534
According to Google, a female cat is a "Queen."
>>
>>2899542
I was about to hit you with a "that's bullshit but I believe it", but I just looked it up and it's true.
You win this time, sis...
>>
File: y7rv2zdkef231.jpg (72 KB, 900x1100)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>
>>2899544
This picture doesn’t make sense. Yang had to help raise Ruby, she can’t be that bad at cooking. Unless baking is different.
>>
>>2899643
This makes me realize how little we even know about Yang, all we know is that she helped Raise Ruby, and is Raven's and Tai's daughter that is literally it, what are her hobbies, interests? etc etc

How can we be 6 seasons into a series and not know things like this.
>>
>>2899685
We know she likes a fictional boy band and enjoys parties. She likes to go out and socialize when she ditched Ruby on the first day of school surrounded by nondescript friends. MM&K also told Barb early on that Yang is the type of person who “teaches” you how to swim by dunking you into the water without warning. She’s at the very least an average student, paying more attention in Port’s class compared to her sister and knowing some of the history behind Mt. Glenn before Oobleck explained it. She’s not averse to reading since she read to Ruby when they were younger. She likes to make jokes and play video games and is skilled in board games. She disapproves of Qrow’s lecherous behavior towards the female innkeeper and is annoyed/unimpressed by most guys. She has a habit of stirring up trouble when she wrecks Junior’s bar and played a part in the food fight.

The deleted cafeteria scene shows she knows how to tie a cherry stem with her tongue. She’s also a bit of a flirt and likes to tease. Yang flies an airship in Grimm Eclipse (which takes place between V2 and V3), so she’s either licensed or just knows a lot about piloting vehicles alongside her motorcycle.

Much of Yang’s character comes from inference rather than direct statements. Helping raise Ruby landed her squarely into the role of mother/sister/caretaker, which makes up a large part of who she is. It’s also detrimental, because she didn’t have anyone supporting her when she needed it.

Yang’s lack of direction is actually a point of characterization in itself. In V2 she says she doesn’t have anything that motivates her other than thrill. Barbara said in a recent panel that she’ll be going through some self-discovery in V7.
>>
>>2899643
You absolutely CAN raise someone and be bad at cooking
>>
>>2899685
>How can we be 6 seasons into a series and not know things like this.
Because RWBY has really shitty writing.

>>2899733
>Much of Yang’s character comes from inference rather than direct statements.
Please. Just because you can make up headcanon for to explain badly written shit doesn't mean a character's characterization "comes from inference". It means they lack characterization and the viewer is forced to fill that gap if they feel its necessary.
>Yang flies an airship in Grimm Eclipse (which takes place between V2 and V3), so she’s either licensed or just knows a lot about piloting vehicles alongside her motorcycle.
Roman flies an airship in the show better than anyone else, perfectly targets a frigate's weapons to take out two other frigates, and can perfectly pilot a cutting edge mech. That doesn't mean he's secretly really into vehicles or licensed to use all those things. It means they didn't bother to think through why a random street criminal or teenage girl is able to expertly operate military hardware. There's no reason to try and cover for rule of cool with some nonsense about how it's actually meant to hint at unstated characterization.

On a separate note:
>and is annoyed/unimpressed by most guys.
She very openly admires the random beacon guys showing off and flexing in V1, and gets along better with Jaune than she does Blake or Weiss at the start. She also gets along with every male character who isn't a villain. This isn't even headcanon for the sake of filling a plot hole, it's just headcanon for the sake of headcanon.
>>
>>2900070
>This whole post
Does anyone have a /u/ themed “no fun allowed meme”

Say what you will about the writing of the rest of the show, Yang’s probably the best developed character in the show. Or at least the most consistently well developed.

Also leaving some things for the audience to infer for themselves isn’t bad writing unless the writing causes the majority of viewers to infer the wrong conclusion (see Blake not being an orphan or at the very least a poor street rat).
>>
>>2900226
I only have one that says “you can go home if you’re not having fun” but it’s solo.

There was a time where I believed Weiss was the best-developed, but after a few years, I’ve come to realize that’s not really true. At the very least, people don’t specify what “best” means. Do they mean positive or complex? She just has the most upward growth, from being a bigoted racist to a class traitor. That’s very clear-cut and linear. If I had to rate the girls from most to least developed in terms of complexity, it’d be Yang = Blake > Weiss > Ruby.

I think many people conflate positive development with complex, or the only kind of development. There is such a thing as negative development—if your character changes over the course of the story, that counts. See villain origin stories for example. But the negative also applies to Yang and Blake: Yang became depressed and irritable while Blake “regressed” back into unhealthy coping mechanisms. I’ve seen some people say the latter was bad writing/inconsistent to what she learned in the first volume, but I thought it was realistic. Recovery isn’t a one-way street and doesn’t come easy to abuse victims. Blake got re-traumatized and her knowing that running away doesn’t solve anything doesn’t override the clearly emotional and irrational response she felt from experiencing what may have been the worst night of her life.

Unless Weiss makes decisions that paint her in a negative light (I highly doubt she’s going to go back being racist, her rebelling against Jacques is portrayed as a good thing, her getting slapped makes her sympathetic), her development is going to remain fairly simple.
>>
>>2900285
>I’ve seen a lot of people say Blake running away was bad character writing but I thought it was realistic
This.
Blake running away wasn’t bad writing. It’s almost everything that happened after she ran away up until her reunion with the group that was bad writing.
>>
>>2900226
>Yang’s probably the best developed character in the show
That isn't saying much.
>Also leaving some things for the audience to infer for themselves isn’t bad writing
It isn't. But the problem here isn't that the audience is being left things to infer, it's that entire characters are left largely blank, not because the intent is for the audience to infer, but because they just didn't bother to write or think about them in any serious depth.

Neo's connection to Roman is an example of something being left up to the audience so far. The shit brought up in this post >>2899733 is not a good example of something being left up to audience inference, but an example of really shitty writing leaving one of your main characters so completely blank and uncharacterized, that you have to start making largely baseless assumptions and headcanon to essentially write the character yourself. When you have to turn to "she isn't acting like a five year old in class and knows about a major historical event that ever character in the show should know, so she must be a an average or better student" or "she's skilled at board games because there's a scene where she beats Weiss at a card game she knows that Weiss has never played before!", you have a problem.

It is like Dark Souls. Idiots think that DS is "well written" because of its unique delivery, but the reality is that the writing is complete shit. Not because it delivers lore through found sources and snippets, but because large swathes of the lore and 90% of the characters are just flat-out unwritten. Not left up to inference, unwritten. To let the audience infer something, you have to give the audience meaningful things to infer from. Otherwise you are just asking the audience to write for you, and that is shitty writing. Especially when it's your main characters being left unwritten.
>>
File: D8nMC9rUYAEmWGo.jpg (118 KB, 1200x880)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
White Rose: Regardless of what anime you're watching, your favorite character is always the tsundere
Bumbleby: You want to get railed by Yang Xiao Long
Monochrome: You think RWBY hasn't been good since Volume 3
Freezerburn: you think RWBY peaked at Volume 5
Ladybug: You're just happy to be here
Pollination: You're just really fucking horny
Enabler: You're just absolutely fucking thrilled at this whole step-sister porn trend
Baked Alaska: You're a firm believer in the inherent eroticism of height differences
Crosshares: You're a firm believer in ignoring the main cast in favor of cool-looking side characters
Catmeleon: You just want Ilia to be happy
Prismatic Ponytails: You fully bought into the "Weiss is a useless lesbian" meme and think two lesbians are better than one
Greek Fire: You have a thing for buff girls
Falling Petals: You don't actually ship it, you just want a hot evil lady in 6-inch heels to step on you
Strawberry Shortcake: You don't actually ship it, you just have a thing for short girls
Nuts & Dolts: You took Ruby's love of weapons to its natural extreme
>>
>>2902198
You could at least link the guy's video.
>>
>>2902198
This is bad and I hope other anon is right and you just took it from someone else.
>>
>>2902257
Is this a cut bit from Jello's video or something?
>>
>>2902272
Nah. This guy. https://doubleca5t.tumblr.com/post/185476435227/what-your-favorite-rwby-ship-says-about-you
Also the anon who transcribed it left out the het ships, which I actually liked for how utterly dismissive the descriptions are.
>>
>>2902279
I thought the Renora, Snowbird, and Tauradonna ones were pretty spot-on.
>>
>>2902293
I'd say Lancaster and White Knight are pretty accurate too.
>"You're straight [you don't know any better.]"
>>
>>2902198
>Falling Petals: You don't actually ship it, you just want a hot evil lady in 6-inch heels to step on you
I do ship it though
>>
File: 1269.png (1.62 MB, 1283x2497)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>2902551
>>
>>2902551
Most of them are wide-sweeping generalisations for the sake of humour, not true science facts.
Much in the same way I genuinely ship RubyXNeo even though I have a thing for height difference.
>>
File: 1560186675091.png (1.13 MB, 960x540)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Weiss lost
guess Ruby has a rich mommy gf now
>>
I need Glynda to step on me and call me a slut.
>>
>>2902910
>guess Ruby has a rich mommy gf now
So nothing's changed
>>
>>2903203
me too anon...me too..
>>
File: Spoiler Image (375 KB, 626x474)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
>>2902910
This is the face of someone who's realized "Oh shit I'm gay and about to die".
>>
>rewatched RWBY for the 6th time since the end of V6
And how does /u/ cope in between the volumes?
>>
>>2905012
Well, the rush of content for my OTP this week helps.

Otherwise, just tryin' to keep busy, and waiting for the new content at the start of July.
>>
File: D86EB1GUEAQc6jQ.png (366 KB, 726x578)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>2905012
Camp out in ao3, try to get friends into the show, keep up with Crwby appearances, etc.

In a recent Phoenix convention appearance with Samantha (Nora's VA), Kara, Arryn, and Barbara:
- Barb just wants Yang to be happy
- Kara wants Weiss to team up with Winter and restore the family name
- Arryn wants Blake to lead the White Fang once her parents are too old ("with her girlfriend")
- "Describe V7 with one word." Sam: "Mysterious", Barb: "Atlas", Arryn: "Leather", Kara: "Monty-esque" (apparently Kim Newman is animating for V7)
- If the characters were stuck in a survival situation where they had to resort to cannibalism, Weiss would be the first to get eaten. Kara said something about eating a cat, Arryn gets fake-offended, and Barb makes the obvious joke about Blake and Yang eating each other.
- Among the others' joke answers, Arryn implies that Salem can't be morally fixed, so the heroes are gonna have to do something about her existence instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2liqad_rfSc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>2905170
>Arryn: "Leather"
Oh shit, Blake gonna be rockin' a leather look in V7?
>>
File: D8j4S1XU0AAyKH7.jpg (147 KB, 800x1080)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>2905183
Mind you, she was struggling for a bit before deciding on leather. Whether that translates to Blake's new clothes is unknown, but we do know there's gonna be an outfit change since Kerry implied it in rwbyrw.
>>
File: rwby.gif (381 KB, 480x342)
381 KB
381 KB GIF
>>2902910
>Weiss lost

pff, exactly the kind of nonsense i expected from the "people" who seriously think Bayonetta would lose to Dante.
>>
>>2907743
Nah, Weiss was super outclassed.
And let’s not forget the fact that Weiss has literally never won a one on one fight against another human.
>>
>>2907821
As expected of the glass cannon.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (91 KB, 1156x816)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>
>>2907821
>Weiss was super outclassed.
heresy
>>
>>2908182
Who the hell is stupid enough to rebel against God, two of them no less? Stupid mortal bitches.
>>
>>2908182
Timmy, you need to be over 18 to post on this site.
>>
File: 1559609721147.png (767 KB, 1600x1600)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>2908182
The gods are gone, Salem's the one actively making everything awful
>>
>>2908185
wut
>>
>>2905170
>monty-esque
>Weiss centered location

I'm actually excited for RWBY again, and its only gotten better for /u/

What a timeline
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (162 KB, 1000x1500)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>tan
>redhead
>midriff
>dumb goggles which I fucking love
the novel just keeps getting better
>>
>>2909167
Coco has good taste.
No wonder she turned into a bumbling mong around her.
>>
>>2909167
>Those white streaks through her hair
Y'know, just for shits and giggles, I'm gonna imagine she dated Winter in college.
>>
>>2909203
It’s been a while since I read the preview but I don’t remember Coco turning into a disaster when meeting Carmine. Internally lezzing it up doesn’t mean she lost the ability to speak. She wears sunglasses to hide her eyes wandering.
>>
>>2909229
It’s been a while for me too, but I thought Velvet basically described it as she might as well have been drooling.
>>
>>2909239
I don't think Velvet had any narration in that scene? Was entirely Coco's PoV, staring from behind her glasses, imagining Carmine done up in a military uniform.

Between her ogling Carmine, and "Admiration" of Glynda, I'm starting to get the idea that Coco's a sub.
>>
>>2909252
Probably a switch more like unless, somehow, Velvet's a service top.
>>
>>2909256
Well, her Semblance is a photographic memory that she uses to mimic others...

Have her watch a dom in action, and bam, good to go.
>>
>>2909260
Anon please I'm begging you to think and realize that being a top is more than rote actions.
>>
>>2909261
I'm sure that Velvet is perfectly capable of improvising off what she's memorized.
>>
>>2909252
Coco is only a sub to women who look like they can kick her ass. I'm pretty sure she can top every other girl in the series.
>>
File: 1560987820076.png (355 KB, 634x523)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
Apparently.
>>
>>2909301
Chances are we'll get scans pretty quick.
>>
>>2909301
I'd go out and buy a copy right now if I hadn't already ordered one off Amazon. Hopefully I'll get it this weekend? Probably gonna have to wait til next weekend though...
>>
>>2909302
Oh yeah, like those scans of all the manga that're readily available for all to see on every web reader.
>>
>>2909167
I want those thighs wrapped around my waist.
>>
>>2909761
No no sis, it's your thighs that will be wrapping around HER waist.
>>
>>2909800
That's more than fine too.
>>
>>2896297
Yeah, she came out last year.
>>
>>
Arryn actually having "Blake" say "I love you, Yang" is the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>2909915
Wheres this?
>>
>>2909971
https://twitter.com/DespairfullyGay/status/1139969743136481280?s=20

Looks like it was a request from some fan at a con.
>>
Soundtrack finally drops June 28.
>>
>>2909990
Be still my heart.
>>
File: IMG_20190620_181837.jpg (1.33 MB, 4096x3072)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>
File: D9iO2vMW4AUpWDu.jpg:large.jpg (374 KB, 2048x1536)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
Credits to Beekind.
>>
>>2910256
>>2910259
>"Coco is totally gay and crushing on Carmine"
>>
So, I wrote some Ruby/Weiss smut today. How about you all?
>>
>>2902198
>White Rose: Regardless of what anime you're watching, your favorite character is always the tsundere
Shit, how did I never notice that before.
>>
File: D9QwEiRVAAIpMPR.jpg (56 KB, 1200x644)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2909990
>>2909915
I wonder if we're going to get a confession in-universe. Arkos didn't have any time and Renora aren't that major to really warrant one--though Neath is obviously excited about something next volume.

Who do you think is gonna make the first move? I'm betting Blake.
>>
File: D9lXhWXVAAw0vRJ.jpg (148 KB, 1000x733)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>
>>2910838
Ruby has a cute butt.
>>
>RT only Livestreaming the Center Stage Events at RTX this year
>No panels
>Select panels will be recorded and uploaded to RT's Site later in the month
>RWBY not on the list of panels to be recorded thus far
Well. Shit.
>>
>>2910838
I like the idea of the RWBYs casually being naked around each other and just politely looking away but still trying to peek at each other.
Then there's Ruby getting naked and presenting herself to Weiss for her attention.
>>
>>2910098
So the book and ost are out in the same week, with the bds not even a full week later. Getting people hyped for RTX I see.

>>2911101
Apparently they were unable to secure a streaming partner and their bandwidth can't handle their own streaming. Unfortunately looks like we'll be relying on shitty phone recordings and liveblogging.
>>
File: file.png (218 KB, 513x353)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>
File: file.png (3.3 MB, 1183x3498)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>
File: D9gXAvEXYAAquaR.jpg (73 KB, 1200x674)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
>>2912046
Imagine being so new you post actual hetshit on /u/.
>>
>>2912055
Well, what do you expect? Most of the board is non-yuri properties.
>>
With the rare exception i must say i never noticed how freaking good the OST is until i listened to it separetly.
>>
>>2912403
It isn't. It's like bottom tier generic and sung by a mix of vocalists who are, at their very best, average. It's like listening to every forgettable "sorry, you're just not right" american idol audition if for some reason they all decided to do bad english covers of anime songs. I genuinely do not understand how people frequently cite it as something the show does well. Is it because the fandom is full of underaged weebs whose standards for music are based on bad j-pop/j-rock anime opening's being good music?
>>
>>2909167
>>2911271
>>2911269
How high does she rank in the giggolette chart?
>>
>>2909167
She looks overdesigned as fuck. Way too many details and accessories. Keep it simple. Would have looked okay if the white cape, red scarf, and mail armor were removed.
>>
>>2912403
Which tracks are your favorite?
>>
>>2912435
>ackshully

>>2912403
I haven't paid much attention to it in recent volumes but I still listen to some V1 and V2 songs from time to time.
It's neat how you can hear Casey's voice mature over the course of the soundtracks. I think she was like 13 when RWBY was kicking off.
>>
>>2912447
>It's neat how you can hear Casey's voice mature over the course of the soundtracks. I think she was like 13 when RWBY was kicking off.
She was either 14 or so when she sang "This Will Be the Day". That's pretty impressive for a wee kid. Can't wait for this volume's ost to come out.
>>
>>2912444
Caffeine
Shine
Divide
Boop
Wings

Not counting OPs and RWBY (team) character songs, obviously.

>>2912447
>I think she was like 13 when RWBY was kicking off.
>>2912458
>She was either 14 or so
Didn't know that. Very impressive.
>>
>>2912439
Her design looks like it might be a reference to Red Sonja, who's quite infamous for her chainmail bikini.

>>2912497
Good picks. The Vol2 ost is the one I listen to the least. It wasn't until Vol3 onward that the music started tying in more overtly to the story and fleshing out characters, which is pretty nice. People who don't take the time to listen to the songs are missing out on the overall experience.
>>
So its finally setting in, white rose isn`t going to actually happen. Im happy for BB though.
>>
File: 1544326436538.png (524 KB, 1057x1015)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>2912674
>white rose isn`t going to actually happen
Even if it doesnt, it will always be among the top 3 ships with Ruby
>>
>>2912674
I firmly disagree. Looking at the narrative cues across the series as a whole, White Rose has received the same degree of build-up as the other main ships (the Partner-ships), it only lacks a big, dramatic crux. Arkos has their mutual angst over living up to expectations, Renora had the Nuck, and Bees had Adam. And now, we've got the hugely built-up drama-fest that is Weiss' family on the horizon, with Ruby thus far being presented as her primary emotional support. Thus I say, nothing is settled until the Atlas Arc is over and done with.

>>2912675
You say that like it doesn't have twice as much content as the next runner-up.
>>
File: Dv7dKB6XQAAkb1S.jpg large.jpg (232 KB, 2048x1934)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>
File: 1399094473002.png (108 KB, 394x575)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>2911582
>>2912046
Let me show you how it's done
>>
>>2912999
Jesus, fuck, why do they always put her in pants?
Why never a pencil skirt or at least something fitted?

For that matter, you sure this particular example isn't a dude with a slightly feminine facial structure and haircut?
>>
File: D4UvJ5WUcAAbKJi.jpg large.jpg (280 KB, 1745x1200)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>2913001
>Jesus, fuck, why do they always put her in pants?
it's hot, "masculine" clothes on women is hot
>Why never a pencil skirt or at least something fitted?
It's a lot less hot
>For that matter, you sure this particular example isn't a dude with a slightly feminine facial structure and haircut?
Idk for sure
>>
>>2913001
actually yeah, it turns out it's a genderbent version of Weiss, my bad.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/83LKm
I probably didn't notice that tag on pixiv

Shame, really, she'd be hot like that.
>>
>>2913017
That's a damn nice Winter at least.
>>
>>
New Manga chapter

It established Penny pretty well, but it didn't really focus on her connection with Ruby, so I'm a bit disappointed. Yang got her moment with Blake, hoping for more.

Weiss continues to be a useless lesbian, hopefully next chapter we get more of her antics with Ruby
>>
>>2913697
Bless them for sidelining Sun and building up Blake and Yang's relationship instead.
>>
>>2913697
Ruby and Penny don’t really get heir moment until V2, so it doesn’t surprise me they didn’t have anything here.

>>2913721
Too right.
>>
Assuming there haven't been scans/leaks/uploads/whatever of After the Fall yet, where are y'all keeping an eye out for them? I'm used to scouring manga sites for uploads, I don't exactly have a clue as far as where to find .pdfs of regular books.
>>
>>2913697
A bit disappointed by the lack of WR the last couple chapters, compared to the earlier ones, even if that is consistent with the actual show.

I'm really hoping that Neptune's role is minimized to basically nothing, like Jaune and Sun have been, and we get more focus with Ruby instead.
>>
>>2913780
https://b-ok.org/
>>
>>2913697
And it also wraps up volume 1's adaptation. Next chapter will be the start of volume 2, which should give us an idea if they plan to reduce Neptune's roles as some expect. I wonder if it might even cut out Sun gushing about Blake to maybe just him saying that he wants Neptune to meet all of his new friends.
>>
>>2914460
I really hope they cut Neptune down, if not entirely out. Weiss' brief interest him is rather OOC, and the whole subplot is only present in service to Jaune's character. And since Jaune's V1 subplot was already cut, I don't imagine them keeping the V2 one, thus rendering Neptune entirely pointless.

The thought did occur to me today though that, OOC as I find Weiss' behavior around Neptune in V2, there was one other time she acted like that; when she was trying to schmooze Pyrrha before initiation. If the manga handles the whole V2 subplot in a similar fashion, a brief conversation and Ruby looking on seeming a tad jealous, I wouldn't mind it.
>>
>>2914483
Not lining up with headcanon =/= OOC
>>
>>2915056
Sorry but this desu.
>>
>>2915056
Meh, even within the course of my own blathering, I realized it wasn't /as/ OOC as I'd previously held, given she exhibited similar behavior with Pyrrha early on. So I guess that's just "Schmoozing Schnee" mode for her? As to why she directed it towards Neptune, I'd always supposed that Henry's similar character design was meant to draw comparisons, thus retroactively framing Neptune as "Atlesian-like." A headcanon I had for a while, but now this just further justifies it.

So in fact, in accepting that she /was/ behaving in-character prior to further development, it actually lines up with my headcanon /more/.
>>
ARMED AND READY ACOUSTIC
>>
>>2915481
>Country
>Whole-ass Red-Neck Cowboy toe-tapper
Fucking Beehaw is to blame for this curse on my existence.
>>
File: D8PWIn-U8AAy80Y.jpg (136 KB, 1300x876)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2915514
You will take your cowboy Yang and like it.
>>
File: 5.png (935 KB, 1392x2000)
935 KB
935 KB PNG
>>2915514
I'M GONNA TAKE MY CAT TO THE OLD TOWN ROAD AND RIDE TIL I CAN'T NO MORE.
>>
>>2916140
>Yang lights up the entire dorm every time they get frisky at night
>this is why Ruby brought the blindfold
>>
File: 590.jpg (37 KB, 680x349)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2916258
>next day everyone in the dorm barely had any sleep
>not because of the noise but because how incandescent everything was
>>
File: Enabler Bedtime pt 1.png (159 KB, 936x2378)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>
File: 1556766770178.jpg (1.21 MB, 4794x3246)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>
>>2917955
Im so disappointed Velvet gets NTR'd in the book.
>>
>>2918003
Why? Coco's thing with Carmine doesn't go anywhere since she turns out to be a villain.
>>
File: D3FBcpzU0AAUw9A.png (460 KB, 600x600)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
The Volume 6 Bluray is out and here are some choice bits:

- Kerry talks about the possibility of Ilia coming back, but makes no promises.

- the BB exchange in Ep 1 was the first scene the new co-director directed. Kerry talked about learning to give up a scene (“I mean, you know, it was a big–, it was a Blake/Yang moment and I don’t–, you know.”) It kinda feels like he was implying BB scenes are important for him and it was hard to let somebody else handle it.

- Miles: “We really wanted to get some time for Blake and Yang to start to touch on how, um, you know, their partnership is being, uh, rebuilt, essentially.” Miles loves Blake, but she also makes him sad because she doesn’t quite understand the nuances of relationships and emotions and often stumbles when her intentions are good (offending Yang by telling her she’d protect her).

- Neo wasn’t originally supposed to be in V6. They thought of ways to make Cinder’s storyline better/more interesting and decided that giving her a partner (who also dislikes Ruby) would be cool.

- Miles confirms that Lil’ Miss Malachite is in fact Melanie and Miltia’s mom.

- Blake always had her scar since V4, but it was hard to see until she lost her coat. Yang running over Adam with her bike was scripted very early. Miles also double confirms Adam is dead by saying “Garrett really brought it for Adam’s send-off season”.

- Because animating fights is expensive, they have a general restriction for how long fights could last. This led to Miles thinking of Maria vs. Tock being exactly 60 seconds.
>>
File: D3l0NfLUUAAOkvz.png (292 KB, 609x700)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>2919129
- Maria was originally planned to be in V5. She was also supposed to have a pet cat. They wanted to introduce SEW lore sooner, and Qrow was going to meet Maria when searching for the missing Huntsmen. However there were too many plotlines in V5, so they pushed Maria back to V6.

- The reason why Ch 14 was cut was not because of crunch, but because they wanted to focus solely on the finale in Argus. If they had introduced Atlas, they would’ve had to focus on making a ton of entirely new assets.

- Salem’s story was one of the first things ever written. They wanted a story that revolved around “what happens after ‘happily ever after’?” and Salem was perfect for that. Similarly, the Brunswick arc was something that was planned before RWBY even began airing, but the heroes were nowhere near strong/developed enough to tackle them until now.

- Cordovin was something Monty thought of. And the giant mech was originally going to be at the end of V2. The mech drilling the Leviathan is a Gurren Lagann reference, Monty’s favorite anime.

Lastly:
Kerry: “[Volume 6] was a learning season.”
Animator: “It was also the season of the bumblebee.”
Kerry: “Maybe, maybe. We’ll see…. (he then mentions the RWBY Rewind ep he was on, where Chad asked him if Blake and Yang are a couple) “someone was like ‘please confirm’ and I was like ‘watch the show’.”
Female animator: "Wait and see! You can’t rush true love, it has to come naturally.”
>>
>>2918004
That only makes her hotter.
>>
>>2919129
>>2919133
Geez, they really don't care for Ruby or Weiss at all, do they? Not even one mention of either of them in all the commentaries? That's a shame...
>>
>>2919129
>- Miles confirms that Lil’ Miss Malachite is in fact Melanie and Miltia’s mom.
So where does their black hair come from y'think? Junior couldn't possibly be their dad, right?
>>
File: D-jiWXrVAAA5qRx.jpg (83 KB, 1200x533)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2919269
They mentioned them occasionally, but it was generally in a group context. Ruby a bit more than Weiss, because of her taking initiative and Indomitable.

>>2919270
I doubt it. Either the twins or Miss Malachite dyed their hair probably. Commentary said the twins moved to Vale and became criminals.
>>
>>2919270
>>2919279
>What is a recessive trait in the mother
Come on imoutos, it's like 7th bio.
>>
>>2919281
The only Bio I ever took was in Science 10 fuckin' 10 years ago, I ain't rememberin' that shit.
>>
>>2919279
>They mentioned them occasionally
I figured, I was more mocking the seeming disinterest of the fandom at large for the two of them.
>>
File: D6joh-QU0AAcMqY.jpg (99 KB, 592x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2919283
I'm sad about the lack of Weiss focus too, but she'll get her chance to shine next. We're moving into her home territory. By extension Ruby still has to make good on her promise.
>>
>>2919287
This I know, and firmly believe in.

But God if I'm not sick of the complete fixation on Bees through the hiatus.
>>
>>2919283
Blame tumblr.
>>
Years ago I watched the first three volumes as they came out and thought the show was pretty bad, mostly watched to make fun of it with anons on /co/. Stopped after vol 3.

The last two days I ended up binging through the rest of the show and was surprised how much I liked it. For all its faults I can say I genuinely enjoy the show now. Fun watch and I’m pretty eager for the next volume. Hope it isn’t a long wait.

Also, I’m glad this thread has as much discussion as it does. Right after binging a show for the first time you get pretty eager for discussion of it, and everywhere else I’ve looked it’s basically just art and fandom projects and stuff. So I’m happy to find actual discussion here.

If anons want a fresh take on the last few volumes I can write out my thoughts. Though I will probably end up writing a fucking essay length post(s).

Also whiterose is still the best pair.
>>
>>2919297
Sure, would be interesting to hear your thoughts sis.

>Also whiterose is still the best pair.
Exemplary taste.
>>
File: 185969577515.jpg (424 KB, 1280x1228)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>2919297
I used to think it was cringey too, but we're living in a post 2016 hellscape, I've stopped giving a damn about what other people think. Go for it, we're not gonna be getting any news until RTX anyway; might as well pass the time.
>>
>>2919283
>>2919269
>the disinterest of the fandom at large
I can't say I blame them. Ruby just hasn't been interesting in years. She hasn't gone through any real character development the way the others have. She is exactly the same kid she was in 2013, she doesn't interact with people differently, she doesn't even fight differently. She hasn't had a major personal stake in any of the story arcs the way her teammates have (the closest thing would be Pyrrha dying, but even then Pyrrha was just a classmate, it's not like they were best friends). The whole reason she's present for any of this has always just been that she wants to be a generic heroine that protects people. Hell, she's barely done anything important in the series' major fights after V1. She froze the dragon grimm but only after Pyrrha was dead and Beacon was already leveled. She tried to use her eye-beams at the relic fight, but was knocked out first. She froze the Leviathan.. which apparently didn't matter much since the mech was just gonna show up and kill it regardless. And in boring, generic fashion, the secret to even pulling that off turned out to be that she needed to think real hard about her friends.
>>
File: 1477802765206.jpg (108 KB, 900x949)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2919310
Meanwhile we got to see Yang endure the trauma of losing a limb while trying to protect someone, being tempered by that experience, learning to control herself better in combat and keep her cool, and later confront her estranged mother. We see Blake learn to move on from her insecurities over her shady past, reconnect with her family and get wrapped up in political intrigue before getting them to help her defend one of the relics. Then of course we get their final confrontation with Adam in a show of courage and solidarity. Even Weiss was able to grow and warm up to her team, vastly improve her summoning skills thanks to her sister and flip off her dad for the last time by escaping from her detainment in Atlas to go reunite with her team - and of course we're probably getting another Weiss arc next.
There would be a lot more fan interest in White Rose if one half of the ship weren't total creative dead weight, and Ruby wouldn't be that if the writers would actually make her have to DO shit that interesting characters actually do, like.. having existing relationships of any kind with other characters. Or having difficult personal challenges to overcome that require her to permanently grow and change as a person instead of just requiring her to use her shitty cheat code.

And then, when she is an interesting character, her relationship (and potential relationship) with Weiss will be interesting, and people will be invested in them again. Just like back in V1 when, as a friendless loser in a new school, having to earn the approval of her high maintenance partner was a believable challenge for her character at the time. But if RT just continues to let her stagnate, it is never gonna happen again.

I mean fuck when Yang was depressed and shutting her out, that was the first intensely personal challenge for Ruby to overcome in fucking forever and what did they have her do? SHE JUST WALKED THE FUCK AWAY TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE!
>>
>>2919312
>I mean fuck when Yang was depressed and shutting her out, that was the first intensely personal challenge for Ruby to overcome in fucking forever and what did they have her do? SHE JUST WALKED THE FUCK AWAY TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE!
Yang apologists I fucking swear.
>>
>>2919297
If it goes the same way as the last few volumes, v7 should start airing in late October.
>>
>>2919312

The silver eyes barely working against the Leviathan makes it so that she can’t cheese the threat of Grimm. People complained about that at the end of V2. That’s an OP power and Ruby could use a nerf to keep tension. Besides she only JUST started learning how to use it thanks to Maria, it’s not gonna be perfect at the start.

And while I agree that Ruby could use more development, implying she doesn’t care about Yang because she left for Haven is bullshit. The plot needed her to leave, and she didn’t actually go until the season visibly changed. It was some amount of weeks or months—for all we know she could’ve spent that time trying to connect with her sister but Yang was too depressed to have any of it.

When they reunite in V5 Ruby was shocked and in tears. She profusely apologized, expected Yang to be mad at her, felt sorry that she left because she didn’t know how to help Yang and unable to stay home because her urge to help people was too great.

This actually works out for Yang, since her deal is feeling abandoned by people she loves—that doesn’t preclude Ruby.
>>
I don't have many hopes for volume 7 since all the cools ideas i have probably won't happened and isn't we will have some bland shit as always, but i'm hyped for more bumbleby content
>>
>>2919129
>>2919133
I forget if it was V6's commentary or back in V2's but it was mentioned that when Yang showed the tongue-tied cherry stem off that she was showing it specifically to Blake. Too bad they deleted the stem, since they thought it was too lewd to show for a PG-13 rated show.
>>
>>2919310
>>2919312
false
>>
>>2919509
>we will have some bland shit as always
>more bumbleby content
Yes.
>>
>>2919617
Why's Emerald white?
>>
>>2919619
She pretty clearly isn't?
>>
>>2919625
Sorry, i meant on the pic of the post i replied to, not in canon.
>>
>>2919631
Yes, she is very obviously not white in that picture.
>>
>>2919614
I mean, even if they are factually incorrect in their analysis, their opinions are pretty clearly held by a large portion of the fandom, and thus does explain the apparent disinterest in Ruby.
>>
File deleted.
>>2919129
>Lil Miss really is the mother of the twins
>Only working for Junior to gather intel on shit happening in Vale to send back home to mom.
>mfw they have spider tattoos in provocative places
>Kerry is learning to give up scenes and let other people do them.
>All this bee talk that's making it painfully obvious because RT has the subtly of a sledge hammer when trying to keep things secret.

Stop making me hype.
>>
File: DwMBUP5W0AA7Nyy.jpg (113 KB, 628x1024)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2919724
>RT has the subtly of a sledge hammer when trying to keep things secret.
Well, there's something to be made of that I guess, even if they've pretty much given up pretense. We still have a bunch of nerds saying BB isn't happening.
>>
>>2919712
appeal to popularity is a fallacy, sis.
>>
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4n8f-cyUx7qfoMcUZHVAK2dJdQ9a2iC_lYMHDWE-3nnw77w/viewform

RWBY panel question submission link. Stolen from RWBYg.
>>
>>2920128
When does the panel start?
I know it’s not streamed but that’s important for the usefulness of the link.
>>
>>2920146
Right now https://twitter.com/y8ay8a/status/1147204725189816321
>>
File: D-uy2V4WwAIGr0y.jpg (485 KB, 1365x2048)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
LOOK AT THEM BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY LOOK AT BLAKE. SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL.
>>
>>2920231
They look awesome, also, two new writters
>>
>>2920231
not to be a party pooper but i really REALLY don't dig that artstyle.
>>
>>2920231
I just realise Blake has zippers in her arms just like Yang
>>
Looks like Blake's become a bobcat.

In other news, new comic series coming out written by Marguerite Bennett who is known for her LGBTQ representation.
>>
>>2920231
COM\BAT SCARFS
COMBAT SKIRTS
COMBAT BELTS
>>
>>2920231
So did they take away Weiss' scarf after only 1 volume or is it just inexplicably absent from the official art like it was in V6?
>>
>>2920231
Bobcut Blake is tops, especially considering the nice contrast with Yang's flood of hair. She and Yang look great, even with that shitty artstyle. Are Ruby's tights new?

That said, I'm not feeling Weiss at all. I don't lke the braid, and her almost ninja-esque costume is strange considering her previous clothing and overall aesthetic/history/etc. Maybe it's the color scheme - that blue is harsher than what she usually wears. I don't like it in general.
>>
>>2920231
>Weiss wearing rubies
>Coat has red lining again
Hallelujah
>>
>>2920231
In case some of yo/u/ didn't check twitter yet, it's coming out in November
>>
>>2920231
>Blake's got the bisexual bob
>Weiss has ruby earrings
>>
File: 1556861646396.png (79 KB, 480x480)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>2920231
>short haired Blake
>>
File: ae799bc.png (77 KB, 400x479)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
Let the flood of hair art begin!
>>
>>2920231
Not sure if I'm a fan of Blake's haircut, Yang should've been the one to get short hair. Her outfit is cool though.
>>
Does good "RWBY shagging their chibi counterpart" art exist?
>>
>>2920404
>Yang should've been the one to get short hair.
And leave behind her permanent sex hair? Are you nuts?
>>
>Shonen Protagonist Ruby
>Rapunzel Braid Weiss
>Bi-Bob Blake
So Yang's the only one not getting a trip to the stylist?
>>
>>2920404
No way, Yang absolutely needs her hair. Would you deprive a lion of its mane? Plus, if we're going with the ol' "hair-cut equals character development" trope, Blake had more of the immediate changes recently, not to mention Adam's death (not that Yang wasn't affected by that, or that she didn't have those same changes, but this was tied just a bit more to Blake's development)
>>
>>2920231
Bisexual Bob Cut Blake is real. I'm gonna miss her long hair, though. RIP.

>>2920404
I wanted Weiss to cut her hair; either her or Blake were the most likely ones. And yes, there's a trope about getting a haircut after ending a relationship and that obviously applies to Blake.
>>
File: 1524109106894.png (485 KB, 1195x845)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>>2920231
>that braid
>that skirt
>those elegant, sensual long gloves
Oh fuck.
>>
Apparently they confirmed that Ruby's hair isn't because of the pose or wind--it really is Anime Spiky.
>>
>>2920523
I'm going to need a link, nee-san. I hope that's not true. She's already 90% shounen protagonist, she doesn't need the last 10% from her hair. And anyway, her former hairdo is cute. She shouldn't change it, unless she's going to grow it long.
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 581x438)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>2920536
Until the recording gets posted, word of mouth from attendees is all we have to go on.
>>
File: D-uyOxUX4AApXZ0.jpg (183 KB, 1125x1682)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>RWBY is becoming a DC comic
Is there any hope of this being good?
>>
>>2920542
It's being written by a gay author who adds a shit ton of lesbians in her stories, so take that as you will.
>DC Bombshells series, which included canon Harley/Ivy; Kate Kane in relationships with Renee Montoya and Maggie Sawyer; Kate flirting with Selina Kyle and Wonder Woman.....
>Angela, InSexts, Batwoman
>>
File: pu74wrcYLO1w3do.jpg (155 KB, 800x666)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>
File: D-wOuJIX.jpg (463 KB, 2048x1896)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>
File: 1439848710563.jpg (150 KB, 773x1033)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>distantly hope that Weiss' jewelry has anything to do with Ruby
>know in my heart that red has always just been a secondary color of hers and the only meaning her outfit has is that it's referencing Snow White
Hurts just a little bit.
>>
>>2920693
If red has always been a part of her color palette, then that just means that White Rose has had canon intent from the very start.
:'^)
>>
>>2920549
Would be kinda hilarious if there was just like, a meeting that went something like this.
>"Okay, apparently somewhere in WB's web-media division is this kinda popular cartoon, that we have to do a comic for. Who wants it?"
>"What kinda characters does it have?"
>"Iunno, four gay girls or some shit."
>This woman's arm just shoots up, "Dibs!"
>>
>>2920693
Literally wearing rubies. CRWBY has shown time and again that they are completely aware of how we in this FNDM latch onto everything and anything.
>>
I literally can't see the difference in Ruby's outfit from her v6 one.
>>
>>2920806
Literally everything about her look is different. It's the most visually similar to her previous one, sure, but it's entirely new, not one thing the same as her old outfit.

Might need to check your eyes sis.
>>
>>2920817
Ruby v6:
>red skirt
>dark corset
>naked just above the tits
>white sleeves
>stockings with holes
>red cape
>belt
>no gloves

>Ruby v7:
>red skirt
>dark corset
>covered with some fabric just above the tits
>white sleeves
>stockings without holes
>red cape
>belt with some capsules on it
>gloves
>hair slightly more spiky
Ok yeah, upon closer examination i may have been exaggerating but you can't deny her V7 outfit is too similar to her previous one. They should've made more changes, imo.
>>
File: eca0b576652a72c34.jpg (218 KB, 884x1280)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>
I love that Ruby and friends are just traveling around with an emergency fashion fund. Oscar ran away and went clothes shopping, Blake and Weiss went to a hair salon then clothes shopping with everyone else.

"No one goes in the fund unless you're in dire need of a makeover"
>>
>>2920832
She's also got shorts under her skirt and steel-toed thigh-high boots.
>>
>>2920988
Fighting on the side of the immortal wizard who shaped you civilization and his shadowy council with members of every kingdom's council should probably involve a credit card with no limit.
>>
>>2921016
>She's also got shorts under her skirt
I haven't been able to see that far under her skirt, i guess.
>>
>>2920536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iabpYqy7cM
>>
The show has two new full time writers for v7.

>We have two new main writers- Eddy Rivas and Kiersi Burkhart. Eddy helped write Red Vs Blue Season 10, the Unofficial Fan Guide and has served as a sort of loremaster for RWBY for some time new. Kiersi is a published author who has two books under her name and is the first full-time female writer for the show. Her previous works have been praised as a mix of “Game of Thrones meets Harry Potter” and for handling dark and sensitive topics such as rape culture with appropriate care.

I think it was mentioned that Kiersi herself is queer. So interesting timing bringing in a queer woman writing right when the writers need to start developing Bumblebee.
>>
>>2920231
Is it just me or is Ruby looking bustier than usual?
>>
>>2921139
So Arryn' comment about "leather" was likely referring to Blake's new skintight outfit?
>>
>>2921148
She also explores feminism, body image, gender, and sexuality in her books. As much as M&K have improved, them being two straight men aren't gonna really know how to handle topics like that, even if they consult various female employees for help. I appreciate them bringing in more writers so they aren't swamped all the time.

>>2921150
Seems so. I think Barbara was making some BDSM jokes during the panel but I couldn't be sure.
>>
>>2921151
I wonder if Yang is going to make some kind of flirty joke about Blake's new outfit then. Because now Blake's covered in leather and has the ribbon from her weapon to bind people with.
>>
>>2921149
Baby girl is getting older.
>>
>>2921149
Don't judge her by that artstyle
>>
>>2921148
>Kiersi Burkhart
her books are a little bad and one is sitting at 2.75 on goodreads but uhh what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>2921259
>goodreads
That's like saying an anime is bad cause it has 2.75 of MAL
>>
>>2921267
>2.75 of MAL
Uh yeah that would be pretty bad actually considering bottom of the barrel harem trash can nearly hit 8/10 by just having a slightly less generic MC. Goodreads is CONSIDERABLY more forgiving of trash literature, especially in LGBT community where very bad books can hit anywhere from 3.70 to 4 stars, so getting UNDER a 3 is genuinely impressive.
I read it myself and dropped it when the MC started talking how her cousin's penis aroused her.
>>
>>2921276
So you've read some of her work? How was it before the part that made you drop it?
>>
>>2921276
>MC started talking how her cousin's penis aroused her.
Why did that made you drop it?
>>
>>2921267
"Book tw: mentions and threats of rape, violence, disfiguremisia, anti ace/aro/sex work content, incest (cousins), alcoholism and generally lots of drinking, explicit sex.

Unfortunately, this book doesn't deliver on ... pretty much everything? It's not *awful*, but there was really very little to keep me interested. 'Court intrigues' here is synonymous with 'petty teenage romance plots', and it's hard to really dig these characters when they have so little depth. They eventually develop a bit of it, especially Bayled who grows from the most bland love interest into an actual person, but that's ... it. I guess if CASTLE OF LIES was just very standard fantasy tropes mixed with undeveloped characters, I might have given it three stars.

I wish that was it, though, but apart from the polyamory, so much of the representation within CASTLE OF LIES is ... let's go with lackluster. The nonbinary character is, of course, the non-human one (the elf). Parsifal hits so many Promiscuous Bisexual flags it's not even funny, and he's only beautiful when people see 'past' his disfigurement. The elves as a whole are exotified constantly and frequently felt like Native caricatures."

Rest of the review is how a sex adverse character suddenly becomes a slut.

Some of the reviews are pretty entertaining.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29229432-castle-of-lies
>>
>>2921277
It's a really shitty attempt at cashing in on ASOIAF's popularity, one of the characters seems like a cheap Tyrion knock-off. As far as queer romance goes, the main character is in a poly relationship with a bisexual dude and a non-binary elf, and the princess has two dude love interests throughout the story.
>>
>>2921259
>the plot is ham-fisted romance with some half-hearted, pedestrian level political scheming and a dash of basic fantasy tropes.
I don't see any reason to be worried. She sounds like a perfect writer for RWBY. lol
>>
>>2921287
> we're just supposed to expect that feelings can be changed/turned on with the flip of a switch.
>>
>>2921286
Well, could've been worse. Could've been monogamous relationship.
>>
>>2921284
>>2921286
>>2921287
>>2921289
Sounds delightfully trashy. I can't wait for RWBY to become "mature" and get lewder. Hopefully.
>>
File: D-0MfPJVAAAVzV9o1.jpg (168 KB, 848x1200)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>
File: D-0MhO2UwAAIO7ao2.jpg (152 KB, 848x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>
File: D-0Miw5VAAAz5_Yo3.jpg (163 KB, 848x1200)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>
File: D-0MkJ8UcAE88DDo4.jpg (171 KB, 848x1200)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
File: D-xfZrEUwAAwKGu.png (484 KB, 768x564)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>
File: D-xfZ3bUwAArYAa.png (579 KB, 759x611)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>
File: 1460475124366.jpg (73 KB, 750x600)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>2921259
>>2921151
>>2921148
>them being two straight men aren't really gonna know how to handle topics like that
That's completely unfair. Their actual writing skill aside, you can't just say that belonging to a given demographic disqualifies a person from being knowledgeable about gender or sexuality or body issues.
Furthermore, real life issues with gender identity and sexuality appear to have little relevance in Remnant to begin with. There is no indication that being homosexual there is considered "queer" at all, and there seems to be no social stigma to it whatsoever, which I think diminishes the relevance of what a queer writer could bring to the table just because they're queer.

If she is simply a good writer who's interested in creating a well-written romance for them then great, but if her existing writing is anything to go by then I'm not optimistic. She also appears to be one of those loonies who really really doesn't like white people despite working for them and being one herself.
>>>/co/108539796
>>
>>2921318
I honestly think they hired her as a form of deflection on Bumblebee or anything else LGBT+ that might come up in the series.

>It was handled by a queer woman, so you can't say it was done poorly, rushed, or unrealistic.
Something like that.
>>
>>2921322
It's too late for that since Ilia and the Cotta-Arcs happened. M&K were still the only two writers then.
>>
>>2921329
Those was only side characters. Now we're getting into a possible romance between 2 of the title characters.
>>
>>2921322
They're pretty accustomed to receiving harsh criticism by now so I doubt that.
The buzz around her actually just seems to be the fact that she's female. Nobody's really heard of her before and she has written two books that aren't very good.
People can improve so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but it does make you wonder why they hired her in the first place over someone more qualified. Wouldn't surprise me if she was just a friend of someone at RT.
>>
>>2921358
>People can improve so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but it does make you wonder why they hired her in the first place over someone more qualified. Wouldn't surprise me if she was just a friend of someone at RT.
You hire the people that applied for the position whom you can also afford to pay. She was probably the best of their choices since she has experience turning ideas in her head into an actual written project. I doubt this was just a diversity hire. At worse they consider that a nice bonus. RT just isn't the kind of company to hire and retain big names (that aren't voice actors who hardly qualify for such a title) outside of weird shit like helping a momentarily popular actor make his animu dreams come true.
>>
>>2921358
As you said it might just be she knows somebody, but the two things people say are her positives are how she handles "mature" themes and that she writes LGBT characters. So bringing her in makes people think one or both of those things are going to be in the show.
>>
>>2921360
I'm no expert, but I'm sure they get applications from people who have a better resume than two poorly received novels.

And how is this not a controversy waiting to happen? People are already pointing out her bad writing track record.
>>
>>2921318
>That's completely unfair. Their actual writing skill aside, you can't just say that belonging to a given demographic disqualifies a person from being knowledgeable about gender or sexuality or body issues.

This. Outside of RWBY/RT in general, I think this idea that no one can ever write anything outside of exactly what they are is flawed and closed-minded and short-sighted. This was never, ever a problem in art, really. I understand we live in different times now, but the idea that only people within a certain sphere acan see from the inside - that empathy, or understanding, or fantasy or any number of things don't exist is pretty stupid.
>>
>>2921366
Well, she might be trash. I'm not familiar with her works so I can't really comment on that besides what has already been mentioned. And it's hard to judge RT's hiring process without knowing how much they offered for the position. I agree they could probably get someone more experienced, but that depends if they'll actually pay out for someone like that. This also could just be straight up incompetence. I only hesitate on the "inside connections" explanation just because I never heard of her and I feel like everyone remotely important at RT shows up in something else before suddenly being the right fit for a position there.
>>
>>2921318
>>2921372
That attitude comes from the literal millennia om which certain categories of people were horribly misrepresented by even those sympathetic to them. Things have changed since now more and more LGBTQ+ folks have had the chance (and safety) to speak out about their experiences and those listening feel personally invested in better understanding what is said. But that's extremely recent. Like, last 5-10 years at best. The whole HIV as genocide shit wasn't even half a century ago.
>>
>>2921366
People seem to think whatever she ends up writing will make it into the show willy nilly--she is only 1 out of a group of 4. She and Eddie were brought in to take some of the burden off M&K's shoulders, so that they wouldn't be the only 2 writers while still doing different jobs--Miles writes for other series and Kerry pulls double duty as director. Everything still has to go through the other 3's eyes AND crwby's script editing team.

Admittedly I'm not holding my breath but let's give the new decisions a chance before we start tearing it down. If there does end up being a problem, as long as criticism is meant well, they'll more than likely listen.

Besides they already said they're working on writing the V7 finale right now; any concern at the point is moot.
>>
>>2921376
>That attitude comes from the literal millennia om which certain categories of people were horribly misrepresented by even those sympathetic to them. Things have changed since now more and more LGBTQ+ folks have had the chance (and safety) to speak out about their experiences and those listening feel personally invested in better understanding what is said.
No, I get that - and I'm all for people being able to voice their experiences, especially now that many marginalized people are getting their voices heard. But that shouldn't be the be all end all. To think that someone who isn't X shouldn't ever write about X is close minded and ignores the bigger picture. And I know "muh slippery slope", but should then men never ever include women or write for women in their works? Should gays never write straight characters? etc. etc.
>>
>>2921381
Oh, I agree with the sentiment that people can successfully write about life experiences that aren't like their own. Especially now that those people have more opportunities to understand what those experiences are actually like. I just think it's going to be a while longer before those personally invested in this will feel comfortable enough to trust a random cishet guy to try his best to represent them right and not depict them like shit as they are use to.
>>
>>2921382
Not that anon, but to be fair, they've done a pretty good job with that already. Ilia was fine, I thought the Cotta-Arcs were wonderful and Bumblebee has such a believable foundation built up between the two characters that it would be weird if they didn't at least flirt with a romance at this point.
>>
>>2921388
I agree, I never had a problem with how they've been writing the LGBT parts. None of it is made into a spectacle or a source of misery. The characters are treated like everybody else. It helps that they openly admitted that romance isn't one of their strong suits. As inoffensive as Arkos and Renora are, both don't particularly have a lot of depth to them. It's BB that they have to be exceptionally careful with.

Their biggest issue is the faunus racism subplot. That's the thread I'm most cautious about next volume since what they've done prior isn't very good.
>>
>>2921388
I agree, and I do think Miles and Kerry are sincere. Even if they did make a mistake I feel like it would actually be an honest mistake that they would have made even if it was a traditional pairing like Jaune and Pyrrha. Sometimes you just drop the ball, but in this situation that ball is really important to a lot of people and they might get upset despite your best efforts. I really do hope people don't judge them to harshly if that does end up happening. As you mentioned, they did their best with Ilia and seeing a happy and stable same-sex marriage was nice. But that's trivial compared to putting two main (maybe more?) characters in a relationship and continuing their story for the rest of the show's lifespan.
>>
I'm curious if Barb's comment of "Will they kiss?" means there will be a kiss between them in v7. Of course even if there is one it might just be on the cheek. I just want it confirmed or not in v7 so that the ship war will end.
>>
>>2921409
At first I assumed she was talking about the bees, but thought she was trolling and maybe she meant Renora because Neath was excited for something that got pushed back to v7. But seeing Arryn lean across the table to stare at M&K after Barb asked makes me think it might mean something. At most I'm expecting some romantic tension; it's too soon for a kiss, cheek or otherwise.

>I just want it confirmed or not in v7 so that the ship war will end
Hah, you severely underestimate how stubborn people can be. Antis will just complain again about it being forced and that BS had more buildup.
>>
>>2921409
>>2921417
Historically, the VAs aren't told any details until they are actually handed a script on recording day so odds are that Barb and Arryn don't know shit. They probably just want the girls to hook up as much as the fans do.
>>
>>2921421
They've already started recording for v7 though. And the writers are already writing the script for the final episode of the season.
>>
>>2921417
Neath was most likely excited for Ren's badassery in what got turned into v7's premiere. They showed a clip of a fight with Grimm and Ren had some amazing moves.
>>
>>2921423
>They've already started recording for v7 though
It's been a while, I'm fairly certain they're AT LEAST halfway done. Crwby started work on V7 shortly after the V6 finale concluded, and later Arryn got her script and started dropping hints about what's in it. She's teased both a hairstyle change (which we now know is confirmed) and a dance of some sort.

In my experience, voice acting is done before animating, so you can sync mouth movements.
>>
So, as with Ilia, they confirmed that Coco is a lesbian. Further, apparently the matter of her sexuality and checking girls out nigh compulsively was first going to be explored in the Chibi sketch they teased and then never released. On that subject, someone got the chance to ask Kerry, and while Chibi isn't *cancelled* cancelled, they've supposedly put its production on-hold to focus on the actual show for the time being.
>>
>>2921417
This. Maybe one or two people will shut up when given an explicit canon confirmation, but the others are just gonna switch to arguing the whole "Blah blah, they sold out and pandered to fans, this is SJW pandering, blah blah something offensive about Monty, how dare they throw away all that build up blacksun had, blah blah" deal even harder than they are currently.
>>
>>2921428
Chibi stopped being good after the first season barring a handful of exceptions.
>>
>>2921426
>a dance of some sort
I'm expecting it to be a farce of a "welcome home" party for Weiss. And since the season starts off with RWBY saving the locals from some Grimm, he might frame it as his heroic daughter is back.
>>
>>2921417
> Antis will just complain again about it being forced and that BS had more buildup.
I don't know why you people pretend the majority of people who don't like BB are BS shippers. Most don't even care much about BB, just its obnoxious shippers.
>>
>>2921440
Because people constantly use BS as an arguing point against BB regardless of whether they actually ship it.
>>
>>2921426
Are we sure it's a dance she was teasing and not the outfit change? Wasn't the gif she posted of Cinderella's clothes changing?
>>
>>2921440
They aren't, but they use BS as a scapegoat to try and argue their point.
>>
>>2921440
I said "antis", not BS shippers in general. I know the majority of fans are ambivalent to shipping, but those who are vehemently against Bumblebee are known to use BS in their "arguments" against it. Same thing with using Monty's name to complain about other plot developments; they don't actually care about what Monty wanted, otherwise they'd know Monty was all for LGBT inclusion and was staunchly defensive of his friends.
>>
>>2921446
I thought she just posted like, 3 dancing girl emojis
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 599x429)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>2921446
No, that was different. She also posted a set of dancing emojis.
>>
>>2921442
>>2921447
A handful of equally obnoxious if not nearly as vocal BS shippers whine about BS being teased exactly like BB shippers whined about BB being teased right up until V5. The only time BS gets brought up as an "arguing point" against BB is when people are talking about planning and pandering, when of course it gets brought up because it's directly relevant.

>>2921448
>I said "antis", not BS shippers in general.
No, you are getting this backwards. The issue isn't that you're lumping all BS shippers into ""antis"", the issue is this dumb
>if you don't like BB you must be an angry BS shipper!!!!
Most people who talk shit about BB never even bring BS or """"monty's vision"""" up. Most of them are just tired of dealing with BB shippers.
>>
>>2921448
That's what gets me about people who whinge about them not staying true to his vision. Even if, even IF that's what's happening that they're deviating, it's still his friends playing with his toy, continuing to make his show and I didn't know the guy personally of course, but that's still way better than letting it die to preserve the purity his vision or whatever.
>>
>>2921452
>>2921453
In that case, I agree it's a dance. We might get to see the cast in new dresses.
>>
>>2921457
I hope at least one of them goes in a suit this time around.
>>
>>2921456
I'm only a little familiar with his work, but he valued human perseverance a lot. He was an example of it, even though it was pretty detrimental to his overall health. You can get a taste of what he stood for in the song "Indomitable" in the Volume 6 soundtrack. If anything is true, the last thing Monty would've wanted is for his creation to have died prematurely with him.
>>
>>2921456
Personally I don't care about his vision at all. Monty was a hack and his original story plans were awful. I'm just annoyed people feel the need to try and rewrite history to make their ship 'more canon' than it's already going to be. The ship is already becoming canon, are people really so insecure they can't admit the development was the result of writers deciding to do what the fanbase wanted?
>>
>>2921473
It very obviously was planned, if not from the very start, then from Vol.2 at the latest? People are fed up with dumbasses who can't even be bothered to watch the show claiming it's "Underdeveloped pandering" when they'd seen the signs of it from nigh on the get-go.
>>
>>2921474
No it's pretty clearly sometime mid V3.
>>
>>2921473
>admit the development was the result of writers deciding to do what the fanbase wanted?
Oh, so you're one of those people. They've said they're writing the story they want to and aren't letting fan influence have any effect on it.
>>
>>2921475
The deleted cherry stem from V2 proves that Yang flirted with Blake as early as the start of V2.
>>
>>2921475
You realize that these shows largely aren't produced /as/ they're airing, right?
>>
>>2921475
I think it's solid that they definitely planned it from the latter half of volume 3, but I do think you can argue for as early as burning the candle.
>>
>>2921479
You speak like RWBY, especially early RWBY, is a standard TV show and not essentially a fan project that evolved into a web show.
>>
>>2921483
They've a history of working up to the last minute for pre-production which they are only outgrowing in the past couple years, yes.

But even if they used to take the actual /process/ of writing up to mid-production, I don't think they ever used to revise narrative decisions mid-volume.
>>
>>2921477
>They've said they're writing the story they want to and aren't letting fan influence have any effect on it.

>cut jaune from the V3 finale because people were already too annoyed with Jaune
>Neo went from one off cosplay insert to a primary villain because of her popular reception
>cut Jaune-Ruby hug because they were worried people would misinterpret it as Lancaster
>cut pilot being gay because they were worried about how people would react to a gay character dying
>obvious shift to cut down on sitting and talking after V5 complaints
>Ruby talking to Blake and other small interactions after volumes of people complaining about how RWBY doesn't interact
>Ruby SUDDENLY giving shit tons of leader-like speeches after everyone complains that she never does leader-like shit or anything of value
You'd have to be real dumb to actually believe that. They change shit due to fan influence all the time.

>>2921487
Not the same anon >>2921483, but Neo was literally made up like a week and a half before her debut episode in V2.
>>
>>2921497
There's a difference between responding to and learning from criticisms, and catering to demand.
>>
File: 8pa328gE1w6.jpg (518 KB, 1280x1810)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>
>>2921501
There isn't.
>we think there should be more fighting and less sitting around and talking
>we don't like Jaune
>we think there should be more LGBT and Blake and Yang should be a thing
All of these are just fan desires that were incorporated into the show. Neo isn't even debatable, she is an outright appeal to fans, Jaune not appearing in the finale wasn't listening to criticism, because that section still just focused on Arkos and then Pyrrha; it was entirely about not wanting fans to be angry and Jaune for killing Pyrrha. They do what fans want, and do what they think will appeal to fans. Very obviously.
>>
>>2921514
>There isn't.
Are you functionally retarded?

>Neo isn't even debatable
Yeah, she's about the only thing you /might/ have a point about.
>>
File: RWBY + Haloid - Farewell.jpg (2.85 MB, 3000x1446)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>2921526
Obviously. Coco and Ilia are the only lesbians, and they were only added after Monty died.
>>
>>2921517
It is the same shit. You have points the fandom thinks should happen that the creators hadn't planned. The creators see the fandom wants those points and not what they were doing, and the shift over to those points. I know you really, really want that not to be the case, but it is. There is no difference between
>the fans don't like Jaune maybe we should cut him from the finale so he isn't hated even more
>the fans want more explicit Ruby leading, maybe we should give her some leading moments
>the fans really want Blake x Yang and LGBT representation, maybe we should do that instead
Because quite clearly >>2921477 is objectively fucking false and they will modify the story due to fan influence. You can't rewrite a character being responsible for another character's death because of concern over fan reception and claim you have a story in mind and aren't going to rewrite anything based on fan reception. Except I guess they can, because underage invalids like you somehow still manage to fall for that fucking shit when evidence it's false is right in front of you.
>>
>>2921529
Just because the anon saying "they'd /never/ let fans influence the story!" is wrong, doesn't mean you're right in the opposing mindset.There is, in fact, a middle-ground where they listen to and adjust things based on fan feedback and expectations, while still telling the story they always intended to.
>>
A cute story about the gang shopping for their new clothes is up. It's Blake/Yang focused.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19709254
>>
File: evUcAE.jpg (249 KB, 1376x2048)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>
>>2921558
Anyone care to translate?
>>
>>2921276
You know with all that money RT is inevitably earning, they could have hired better writers
>>
>>2921318
>who really really doesn't like white people
can't blame her
>>
>>2921682
>teehee kill all whites
>>
>>2921691
>teehee i can't read
>>
>>2921694
>Ummm... actually I think you’ll uh, find that racism is privilege plus power, so yeah, and all whites are a potential danger so there’s nothing wrong with wanting to see them gone for good
It’s okay, just say you hate those fucking crackers.
>>
>>2921708
I do, but i didn't say i want them dead like you implied by putting your words in my mouth.
>>
>>2921712
>Wo now, I’m just a garden variety bigot
>>
>>2921732
>bigot
>against whites
jej
>>
File: D-271dRX4AAXTCr.png (641 KB, 900x900)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
Don't let men, specially white men, ruined our cute discussion about rwby.
>>
>>2921776
i really hope Weiss's braid won't be as thick as promo art indicates
>>
>>2921737
>Whites really the most pro-gay race on the planet
>The Whites are somehow our foes
I just don’t understand the motivation for undermining ourselves.
>>
>>2921817
>Whites really the most pro-gay race on the planet
Considering they are responsible for spreading homophobia in the first place by instituting it across all lands that didn't have it during their imperialist colonization that does say much.
Also
>implying whites treat white gays same as non-white gays
Yeah, white gays are also totally race-blind
>>
>>2921793
>not weaponizing your hair like some kind of swinging club against the grimm
>not being able to smack your father or brother across the face whenever you shake your head no at them
Why even live
>>
>>2921835
>Why even live
Yang
>>
>>2921776
I really wish they released pictures of the in-show models with the art because I'm very undecided about all of this and seeing how they're actually gonna look in the show would help.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (112 KB, 1100x900)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Ignore the shitters. They have no idea how show production works and think that RT will let someone take over their cash cow. They get all their opinions from bitter Youtubers and their discord circlejerk.
>>
File: u98m8goIk1.jpg (268 KB, 1280x1624)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>
>>2921481
The volume 2 commentary for the burning the candle scene plus Monty’s answers to some AfterBuzz interviews pretty much proves it was at least being considered for canon back at that point.

>inb4 then why where they faffing about with Sun
1. Because Monty created team SSSN without coming up with a reason for them to exist
2. “And the best part is, SHE’S A FAUNUS.” If this quote doesn’t scream, “this is a shallow crush” to people I don’t know what to say.
>>
File: zwunz5o45s831.jpg (146 KB, 640x906)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
They're gonna fuck once they hit shore.
>>
>>2921497
>>2921514
>>2921529
Anon if they just did whatever the fans wanted they would make white rose canon, but the cast and crew hates WhiteRose.

They’re doing BB because fans like it AND they do to. The fandom telling them to do something and then realizing, “hey that’s a good idea” isn’t them being beholdent to fan demands.
All the things you said that they changed because of fan input are objective improvements.

So to conclude:
>Qrow will not be Ruby’s father
>WhiteRose will never be canon
>Adam isn’t gonna get a redemption arc
>and Pyrrha will never come back except maybe as some kind of aura ghost that got merged into Cinder when they were fucking with her and Amber’s aura.
And these things are dependent on what the writers want not what the fandom wants.
>>
>>2921529
>the fans really want Blake x Yang and lgbt representation. Maybe we should do that instead
>Ignoring Arryn’s Bumblebee shilling as early as Volume 1.
I’m more inclined to believe that Arryn’s constant lobbying for the ship had something to do with it becoming canon than I am that RT did it JUST because the fans wanted it.
>>
>>2881650
>tumblr nose
Please leave.
>>
^
R E N T F R E E
>>
>>2921998
What did the v2 commentary say?
>>
>>2919299
>>2919305
Okay so probably should have done this like three days ago and not waited til right after big news to check the thread again, but anyway

The show is dumb and cheesy and the furthest thing from subtle. There's an on the nose motivational speech pretty much every episode about believing in the power to do or inspire good. Normally I groan at this kind of stuff but there's a certain endearing earnestness to this that makes me like it. This cornball sentimentality and positivity is probably the show's saving grace. A few of these speeches were even genuinely touching. There are also a lot of scenes dedicated to showing how much the characters mean to each other, and I'm all over that.

On the downside, I haven't watched in years and even I could tell the loss of Monty hurt the fight scenes hard. This scene is still by far the best fight in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjcCkMYYzY

Some fights are good, I liked the mech fight for example even if the character piloting it was eh. The good fights tend to rely a lot on using scenery to pull off interesting stuff, or utilizing powers in creative ways. Too many fights are in boring flat locations where moving around isn't interesting, and creative use of powers/weapons/scenery is an exception instead of a norm.

And a MAJOR problem is how often characters stand around talking for a fucking minute in the middle of a fight. Usually while someone else is making an obvious distraction that makes the antagonist look like a retard, so there's at least some excuse, but still. Conversations should be really snappy and really rushed, or have a GOOD excuse as to why they can stand around talking as long as they do while their othe rfriends are fighting for their lives.

The big fight at the end of volume 5 is the worst case of pretty much all these issues.
>>
>>2922259
There's times where they don't have the above problems, but I feel like the quality of fight choreography isn't super consistent. I like stuff like Crow and Scorpion guy fighting on top of an old house where the roof collapses, or Blake setting plants on fire so she can see, how Sun can find uses where his specific semblance can fill a role (holding stuff up, knowing he can't take chameleon girl in a proper fight so he just dogpiles her to buy time, stuff like that), and little power reveals (they can do THAT? Oh I guess that does make sense) like Weiss flying on the giant bee monster ghost.

Biggest gripe with fight scenes is probably just that they're way more serious now, which I get, but these big dumb anime fights shine most when they've got a fun energy to them. This is the biggest sticking point for me, but it's hard to pull that off when the overall tone is so much darker, so I get it.

Standout fights of 4-6 for me were Cinder vs Neo, mech fight, and grim reaper flashback.

Also wish they'd make better use of color. Watch the ruby and blake character trailers from way back, they make great use of color. I'd like to see more heavily stylized fights like those.
For what it’s worth the general animation, models and texture detail have gotten a lot better. Especially facial animation.
Anyway that’s enough about the fights.
>>
>>2922261
As for characters, Yang has the best development. Not just individually, but also with how her dynamic with the rest of the team has been fleshed out. Her and Blake have had their spats but are really close now and have their relationship going on. Ruby and her have a REALLY solid sister dynamic.

Even Weiss and her have had development together. When her and Weiss were talking to Raven, Weiss was helping calm Yang down, which shows how much Weiss has grown with being gentle rather than reprimanding, and also shows she sorta knows how to manage Yang’s temper. There was also that conversation later where Yang though Ruby was coming to talk to her and then it was Weiss instead. So there’s those ‘real nigga moments’ with these two, but also Yang is the type who can tease Weiss so you get some friendly banter between them at parts.

So Yang’s dynamic with everyone is good and developed and solid. But I feel like the others are lagging behind.

Blake hasn’t had a lot of development with Weiss or Ruby, and their exchanges don’t have a particular voice to them.They don’t bring out any specific sides of each other that you don’t see with other characters.

Well Weiss was racist to furries years ago but that’s about it.

Blake’s individual development has been good. You can tell she has a bit of ahard time detecting how people are feeling or knowing what the right thing to say is. You’d think someone like her would be observant but she spent so much time shutting herself off that she was way more wary than observant, she got good at detecting when someone would encroach on her personal space but not really at reading emotions.
>>
>>2922263
I like how you see that in her family too. Her mom is entertaining but pretty lacking in social graces, and you could tell her dad was struggling to talk with her. He couldn’t even tell that telling Blake she dresses like a slut wasn’t a good way to start a conversation. They can all give inspirational speeches to a crowd but that’s a totally different dynamic.

This next part is apparently a real sensitive subject here, but fuck it this is 4chan I’m not gonna be gentle.

Bumblebee is fine, the only weird thing for me is how long they spent building up Sun. I don’t mind the change, but it did feel like a very sudden change even if there had been a little bit of buildup – the early stuff between Yang and Blake is definitely way less overt than the stuff between Blake and Sun. I prefer Yang over Sun but if Sun was always meant to be a misdirect then they executed it in a really weird way.

I disagree with anyone saying bumblebee feels rushed though, they’ve got tons of development together and the last volume made it more romantic over the course of the season. All things considered they pulled it off pretty well.

If I sound critical of them pairing Blake with Yang instead of Sun, that’s not how I intend to come across. Like I said, they made it work. I think the main thing is Sun’s exit was kinda sloppy and sudden, and I’m conflating that with the execution of bumblebee when maybe I shouldn’t be.

I don’t ever expect a hard confirmation in regards to couples. Like Rena and Nora are obviously together at this point but we haven’t seen anything besides handholding and some shoulder leaning on. If it’s never made explicit with those two then I doubt it will be for any other pair. I’m okay with this kind of soft pairing confirmation I guess. It might be smarter from a showrunning perspective, interest in a pairing often dies after it gets hard confirmed and the initial celebration comes to an end.
>>
>>2922264
I will say one thing I like about how bumblebee was handled is they feel like adult lesbians rather than the more common crushing schoolgirls you’d expect from this kind of show. I usually prefer the latter but getting the former is rare enough that it’s kind of nice, and certainly feels more in character for them.

But yeah, I feel like Blake doesn’t have much going on with most of the current cast. Kinda feels like now that she’s not standoffish they aren’t sure how to do banter with her and the rest of the group.

Weiss is my favorite character and it feels like she’s got a ton of stuff going on that hasn’t been utilized at all, but that’s obviously going to be fixed next season. Her richfamily problems might have been brought up a bit in the first volumes, I don’t remember, but her friends never really learned how bad she actually has it with her family from what I can tell. That’s been a bit vague though, how clear are they that her dad literally held her prisoner?

From what I recall Weiss has never really hashed that stuff out with any of her friends. Looking forward to that next season.

I feel like Weiss and Ruby’s dynamic is kinda hard for them to write now. Weiss isn’t as haughty and irritable as she used to be, and Ruby better understands how not to step on people’s toes or accidentally bother them. That’s good development for both of them, but it makes their dynamic a bit less entertaining. There’s no doubt they’ll have good sentimental scenes next season, and I feel like that’ll go a long way for them. But making the sual back and forth between the two fun is gonna be the make or break of it.
>>
>>2922265
I’m willing to write most of these complaints as just Weiss being sidelined so more immediate plotpoints and character arcs can take place. Whiterose is the only pairing I remotely care about, I normally give zero shits about any sort of shipping, so I hope her and Ruby get entertaining scenes together. I’m less hopeful about the chemistry between Weiss and Blake (not talking romantic chemistry here) but hopefully they get some good moments together at some point.

For the record I’m not saying friends have to be in constant banter or just making jokes all the time. Mostly I think the show has just been too busy to show a lot of casual conversation and one on one time between certain characters. The cast is huge now and there’s way more plot developments. There’s also way more time on group dynamics than one on one exchanges, which isn’t necessarily bad and at least kind of necessary.

On that subject tI could do with less of the badguy meetings, they’ve made the main antagonist a lot less threatening by showing her so much, they don’t usually convey vital information or advance the plot much, and they sometimes feel like they’re just there to develop Emerald. I think they’re mostly just a bplot for them to cut away from the main group as a buffer between scenes. Now, this is a fantasy show about fairytale themed anime teenagers on a magic adventure to save the world, looking at the evil council of evil badguys as they discuss their evil plans is appropriate to the story. I get that. I said earlier I like how cheeseball the show can be, and this is a part of that.

I think if they just cut down on these scenes they’d have more breathing room to show sort of slice-of-life moments between various friends who don’t otherwise get scenes together.

Like, we had a season of RNJR but I don’t think we say a single conversation between Ruby and Nora/Ren. That’s admittedly a really low priority thing but a few lines can go a long way.
>>
>>2922266
I don’t have much to say about JNR. They fulfill their respective roles pretty well, they’re solid. Not too developed outside their little social circle but I don’t know if they need to be. Nora provides some pretty vital comic relief. Ren’s powers are so linmited that they have to be used cleverly, which is nice. I think they made Jean such a major character through the show to stop it from feeling too girly.They’re all fine. I like Nora a lot actually. They feel sorta tangential but they’ve got as much reason to be on the quest as RWBY. I don’t want them out of the show but breaks like the first half of volume 6 help stop things from feeling too crowded.

As for Ruby…

Disagree with the anon earlier who said she’s still the same character. Maybe it’s just cause she hasn’t had time to be Ruby, but she’s a lot less hyperactive and genki than she used to be. Another anon mentioned all the speeches she gives, and those make her lowkey a pretty good leader. It was most obvious in apathy town (my favorite arc so far) but she’s kind of the one who keeps everyone going.

I like how she sorta babies Oscar in particular (NOT in a shipping way) cause he’s younger, and I really like that she couldn’t come up with a counterargument when Crow told her not to give the kid false hope. Like she might not believe all her speeches but knows they’re what people need to hear to stay hopeful and make it to the next day. Sorta hope that gets elaborated on a bit more cause despite how Ruby usually acts she’s kinda the one who most internalizes all the new stresses, she’s usually just focusing on taking care of everyone else.

I also like how when Reaper asked her if she’s ready to learn and she was like “gee I hope so”, Reaper told her it was time to cut the underdog shtick and just act like a confident adult. That’s a lesson a lot of young people need to learn.
>>
>>2922268
I like how she’s still really reckless in fights and she still gets a small amount of comic relief into the show which is important. She’s also a surprisingly good tactician which is one of the only things in this show I’d say is understated.

That’s what I like about her, but there’s some issues.

One is she’s spread real thin. I really like how things are between her and Crow and how they care about each other, it’s nice to see her and Jean have a solid friendship cause deep platonic male-female friendships aren’t too common, and the stuff with Reaper being her mentor is good too. But all that has to be balanced with both RWBY and RNJR and she doesn’t get a lot of time with everyone cause there isn’t enough time for her to.

There’s so much plot stuff going on with her and so many relationships to balance that there’s basically no time for her to just be Ruby. So the actual amount she’s changed is a little hard to gauge, because a lot of how she’s acting could be written off as totally circumstantial, and if they spend a lot of time in a normal setting (presumably next season) maybe she will just act like the same person she was season 1.
>>
>>2922270
The other bigger issue is, most characters have motivations that cause them to act, and their actions end up affecting the plot. But Ruby’s character arc isn’t the main plot, the main plot is Ruby’s character arc, if that makes sense. She’s sorta the de facto protagonist chosen one, but outside fights and keeping everyone optimistic she’s a bit of a non entity in terms of moving things. Cinder has a grudge against her so…there’s that?

Stuff like silver eyes and asking the oz question feel sort of incidental to her character, like she fell into these situations rather than creating them due to any action on her part.

She left with RNJR cause she was ready to be proactive, and that led to Crow getting involved, so that’s something. But even here it kinda just feels like she’s tagging along.

Anyway that’s about all I have to say. Went from “haha this show is garbage lmao” to just “haha this show lmao” so that was nice.

Warned you I’d write something the length of an essay. Hopefully at least some of you enjoyed all my bullshit. Most of you will tl;dr this and I don't blame you, sometimes you just need to ramble a bunch to flush the 'tism out of your head.
>>
>>2922016
>the cast and crew hates WhiteRose
Wait what? When/how was this confirmed? Have I missed something?
>>
>>2922298
They (the VAs at least, not sure about the writers) have gone on record when the question of ships comes up at multiple Q&As that they don’t really like WhiteRose.
Ruby’s VA likes Nuts and Dolts and Weiss’s likes WhiteKnight.

Although Weiss’s did say that she had warmed up to WhiteRose slightly in recent volumes. But yeah, BB is backed by the VAs, and multiple animators, and I guess at this point the writers.
No one really advocating for WhiteRose outside of “it’s ok”.
>>
>>2922280
Don't worry about it, it's always nice to see newbie reactions and thoughts. You brought up some pretty interesting points. I'm not gonna address all of them but here's my two cents:

Rwby's premise can basically be boiled down to "a world where many myths and fairy tales exist at once" and "trope subversion". I agree that Bumbleby could've used more OVERT buildup, but the thing with Sun relies on the second thing: A romantic red herring falls in line with how they wanted to play with audience expectation. A guy and a girl meeting cute during a time where the girl needed someone to help her work through some stuff? Guy winks at her? Follows her around? All that is a recipe for the audience to expect them to be a couple. "It's happened in countless stories, why should this be any different?"

I think that's why many feel blindsided, because we are so used to that formula for straight pairings. It's the heteronormativity talking. We're conditioned to expect it. It only starts to make more sense after a closer watch--we learn that most of the Black Sun "buildup" comes from Sun's side. Blake never really initiated anything. There were no personal talks between them; the vast majority of BS interaction is usually about impersonal matters. The ONE time it gets anywhere near personal is when Sun downplays his own ship tease by bringing Yang into the equation.

Ruby's a weird case. IIRC the writers admitted they'd dropped the ball with her and that it's harder to get inside her head compared to the others, which is why her development seems lacking. Could she use some more fleshing out? Sure, of course. But to me, what makes it strange is that she's a mix between "underdeveloped" and "messianic archetype". And that's the thing, tropes are tools. If Ruby is meant to be the latter, then it's not so bad that she doesn't get chances to be Just Ruby if she fulfills that role. Unfortunate personality-wise, but that depends on how much one values plot over character.
>>
>>2922312
Damn. That's sad.
>>
>>2922231
Monty when the burning the candle hug happens:
>”aw, this is so nice. We need to do this again later down the line...”
>[lowers his voice an octave]
>”...In more extreme fashion”
Which people are putting 2 and 2 together now and realizing he’s talking about the hug at the conclusion of the Blake and Yang vs. Adam fight.
>>
>>2922298
No, anon's just bullshitting with you. The VAs excitement doesn't really count for much besides being a nice bonus for fans of BB. You think they're gonna bring Penny back just to be Ruby's love interest cause Lindsay loves it as a QPR? Or that Jaune is suddenly going to become Weiss' primary support after their only interactions in a volume playing up her anxieties were her chiming in twice about his behavior in group discussions, just cause Kara thinks she should give him a chance?
Even then, both /have/ more recently mentioned liking WR when asked the repetitious "Ship Question," just neither of them have ever been as in to the subject as Arryn and Barb are.

Miles and Kerry never actually comment on ships except with, "Just keep watching," or thereabouts.
And the animators?
>>
>>2922259
>>2922261
>>2922263
>>2922264
>>2922265
>>2922266
>>2922268
>>2922270
>>2922280
tl;dr?
>>
>>2922323
I really want to know if that hug was scripted in. Or how exactly the script went. Feels like a treat for WR fans when Ruby had no problem standing on the lancer.
>>
>>2922264
Honestly, I think the thing is that they never intended for Sun to be intended as a serious love interest, or even a false-lead, but as a close, supportive, platonic friend. It's just that people in general aren't used to male/female friendships like that, so they of course misconstrue it as "ship tease." I do agree it was done a bit weirdly though, given he behaved obviously /into her/ in the first two volumes, and they didn't comment on his letting go of this in favor of friendship until his departure in V6. That they played up some "Meeting the Parents" tropes in V4 doesn't help either.
>>
>>2922323
lol no way in hell all members of team RWBY end up being gay for eachother, i feel like BB becoming a thing absolutely killed all chances of whiterose becoming a thing.
>>
>>2922335
lol no way in hell all members of team JNPR end up being together romantically. i feel like Arkos becoming a thing absolutely killed all chances of Renora becoming a thing.
>>
>>2922338
pyrrha literally fucking died so yeah that's true
>>
>>2922338
Being straight is more normal than being gay, sorry sis. Maybe if there were more actual lesbians working at RT and not memequeers like the writer they just hired

>>2922340
Blake's boring so they can go ahead and kill her off then
>>
>>2922331
>given he behaved obviously /into her/ in the first two volumes
A part of me believes that they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, by showing that a guy and girl can have feelings for each other but when those feelings don't go anywhere, they can still be good friends. The one-sided version of this happens with Jaune and Weiss, they didn't get along until Jaune stopped pursuing her.

>and they didn't comment on his letting go of this in favor of friendship until his departure in V6
I felt this was kind of slightly implied when Sun saw Blake grabbing Yang's hand after she escaped Adam. They didn't openly address it, but it's probable Sun's crush faded after that point, and before he boarded the boat in V4 to follow her.
>>
>>2922327
I imagine it was totally scripted. Looking at the writing as a whole over the years, the setup for WR is all there, they've just always taken a back seat to other plots and characters. But now in Atlas, Weiss is undoubtedly set to be the main focus character-wise, and V6 consistently portrayed Ruby as her main emotional support, a trend I can only imagine continuing as Weiss gets the spotlight. If they come and go from Atlas and literally /nothing/ happens between them, I'll eat my own hat, and swear off plot analysis forever.
>>
>>2922347
Maybe this would be true if Weiss and Ruby has any romantic chemistry in canon but I’m sorry to tell you it’s not gonna happen.
There’ll be plenty of Ruby supporting Weiss as BFF and just generally showing how far they’ve come as friends and teammates since the beginning of the series but if you’re expecting anything as romantically coded as any of Bumblebee’s recent developments, then you’re fairly likely to be eating that hat.
>>
>>2922369
A subjective matter we clearly disagree on.
>>
>>2922316
I think heteronormativity is part of it, but they played the romance-partner-meets-the-parents tropes so hard that even if Sun was a girl, I think people would’ve expected her to end up with Blake given all their past development.

I think they should’ve just pulled the reveal (assuming it was even meant to be one) a bit earlier. If there hadn’t been so many romance tropes so far in, if they’d been dropped more quickly after fall of beacon, I think people would have a much easier time accepting they were always supposed to be just friends.

I’m willing to take RT’s word for it if they say this was always planned. For one thing there’s the Monty commentary. Part of why they lost Japanese distribution is apparently cause they refused to do a beach episode and stuff like that, so I believe they want to stick to telling the story they want to tell.

Also based on his past work, Monty seems like someone who’d be up for having the show be filled with lesbians.

As for Ruby, yeah, if she has to spend a lot of her time dedicated to protagonisting, maybe that’s just her role. It’s very common for main characters to be more plot driven and generally motivated by just being good, while other characters have more unique or personally motivated goals. I think next season will probably afford her more of the time she needs to get fleshed out again though, I expect they’ll all have a little while to enjoy casual civilian life a bit.

It just occured to me Ruby has spent three straight volumes traveling. That makes portraying downtime friendly conversations harder than usual, cause there’s always a lot more focus and dialog that needs to be dedicated to the setting.

>>2922323
It’s small but that little “what if I didnt catch you” “I knew you would” exchange was great. That’s the kind of interaction I hope to see more of from these two, for shipping and general character reasons.

>>2922326
Anon I’m a longwinded fuck. I can’t.
>>
>>2922377
>Also based on his past work, Monty seems like someone who’d be up for having the show be filled with lesbians.

I've always thought that Monty was a big /u/boat. There's Haloid, for one. And while Dead Fantasy had some het towards the end, it was mostly a bunch of girls getting physical
>>
>>2922369
I'm not expecting anything, but the most "realistic" angle I can hope for at this point is something unrequited. Call me a masochist, but I wouldn't mind it at all.
>>
>>2922388
The fact I can’t even picture or guess who would be the one with the unrequited feelings in this scenario means it probably won’t happen.

I think the actual best case scenario is Weiss and Ruby continue to be Bffs with kind of cute moments and by the end of the series neither gets paired up in any ship so you can just head canon it to be however you want their relationship to be in the epilogue.
>>
>>2922391
>>I think the actual best case scenario is Weiss and Ruby continue to be Bffs with kind of cute moments and by the end of the series neither gets paired up in any ship so you can just head canon it to be however you want their relationship to be in the epilogue.
This is how I believe it'll happen, but I won't lose WR until the end
>>
File: abac21014.jpg (108 KB, 768x768)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>
File: kujRUwAM.jpg (447 KB, 2048x1984)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>
>>2922347
>V6 consistently portrayed Ruby as her main emotional support

...When? Honest question.
>>
>>2922391
Honestly, I wouldn't mind that and that's probably the best way to handle it, just let both of them not end up with anyone. Asexual Ruby is fairly popular headcanon and it wouldn't be that bad to let them win one.
>>
>>2922398
I know Lindsay likes ace Ruby but I wish fandom would treat it with a bit of nuance instead of having it be all-or-nothing. A lack of sexual attraction doesn't exclude her from falling in love.
>>
>>2922397
Reassuring her about her anxieties regarding returning to Atlas at the train station in chapter 1, keeping her company in chapter 5, and again reassuring her in chapter 8 after their meeting with Cordovin.
>>
>>2922401
>A lack of sexual attraction doesn't exclude her from falling in love.
Louder for the people in the back please.
>>
>>2922401
>>2922403
Just bump it up to aroace Ruby then. Whatever.
>>
>>2922401
I mean that’s sort of the appeal of Nuts and Dolts.
There’s literally no need for sexual attraction of any kind with that ship.
>>
File: puax.jpg (185 KB, 1280x1270)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Ruby's new hairstyle is actually sex hair. I'm all for it.
>>
>>2922398
>>2922401
>>2922403
It's also a fact that Ruby is younger than the other girls and has different priorities than romance/love. I wouldn't (and don't want to) jump to asexuality for that.
>>
>>2922408
Perfecto.
>>
>>2922409
Yes she's younger but currently she's roughly the same age as WBY at the start of the show and they were already interested in romance at the time. I think naivete no longer has much to do with it, just a general lack of interest, which basically sums up asexuality.
>>
>>2922401
I support this post.
>>
Wasn't there a comment from Barb at at recent con that said that Yang will start figuring out what she wants to do with her life starting in v7? That's certainly been a backburner plot for a long time, since she mentioned being aimless with no clear goals clear back when they were still attending Beacon.
>>
>>2922447
It was during a gaming event that was streamed on twitch. And yes, we can pretty much expect that come next volume.

That’s also why I find the people complaining that Yang has no plot threads left and is just there to be Blake’s arm candy to be ridiculous. Not to mention Raven and the high chance Yang’s going to inherit the Spring maiden powers.
>>
>>2922447
I don't know, but that would make sense considering the whole Adam and Blake situation is wrapped up now and we've got the whole seeds of doubt in Oz planted, the timing is ripe.
>>
>>2922468
I wonder what Yang's goal will end up being. I'm sort of expecting her to see how badly the faunus are still treated and have Blake tell her it will be a slow process gaining equality, so Yang's goal would then be to help Blake achieve equality together.
>>
Anyone else think Ruby's new hairstyle is kinda butch?
>>
>>2922482
It's anime protagonist.
>>
I still can't believe the head concept artist for RWBY specifically referenced Blake’s haircut as the Bisexual Bob.
>>
>>2922401
>A lack of sexual attraction doesn't exclude her from falling in love.
I agree with this, but to play doubles advocate I will also submit that a lack of sexual attraction toward her immediate peers doesn't mean she is incapable of experiencing it at all. After all, I'm not asexual but that doesn't mean I must be attracted to every other human I meet. Basically, there's no accounting for taste.
I wish that kind of answer was good enough for everyone instead of needing to find the correct box to put her in. We all know it's the Weiss box, anyway.
>>
>>2922377
They lost the Japanese distribution? For a dumb reason like that?
The mech fight was on a beach, does that count?
>>
>>2922591
I don't think that's exactly it. I think that WBJP stopped dubbing and distributing the show just cause it saw a decline in popularity? Apparently V4 was received even worse over there than it was here.

Then again, we're halfway through a manga serialization in Shonen Jump, and they've announced that GSC is gonna be producing some merch, so who knows, maybe V5 on will get picked back up yet.

Though on the other hand, apparently viewership for both RWBY and gen:LOCK is constantly region-locked, shutting out RT's burgeoning Japanese fanbase, and no one seems keen on coming out as to why, with Gray only making occasional, vague allusions to the situation.
>>
>>2922401
>A lack of sexual attraction
Is a mental illness
>>
The refusal to do a beach episode was more in part due to Ruby’s age, but also coinciding with the statement that RT isn’t going to cater to fan demand—much less otaku who want to ogle the girls.
>>
>>2919297
>make fun of it with anons on /co/
Yikes
>>
>>2922593
Even people who didn't really like the early volumes of the show have enjoyed the manga adaptation of it due to the changes. The improved art, improved characterizations, and improved focus on the main characters made it a good read. I'm hoping if it does well for v1-v2 that they'll continue it.

However, Japan lost interest starting with v4 so I'm not sure if even some small improvements could fix that, since it's just so many plots going on at the same time due to the cast being separated.
>>
>>2922670
I'm wary of reading the manga cause i always think people who say it's "better" than the show are the same kind of people who say Eva manga is "better" than TV show, and by better the latter most often mean "lacks all the things that made TV good but is easier on incel waifufag's brain in return".
>>
>>2922673
Ruby's more serious in the manga which I think improves her character. Weiss is also less antagonizing than she was in the early part of the show. They cut out Jaune's arc entirely, since it didn't focus on Team RWBY.
>>
>>2922679
But what of actual plot?
Does it have it's own? Does it deviate from the show at some point? Or does it follow the show with just some alterations?
>>
>>2922673
For the manga version of the color trailers it has an added story that the show didn't have. It also expanded Weiss' story.

The manga still has comedy, but it has a more serious tone than the show has and seems intent on keeping side characters as side characters.
>>
>>2922684
It alters some scenes, adds some scenes, and removes some scenes. The overall plot is so far the same (it cut all Jaune-focused episodes though). It's already finished adapting v1.

You could just try reading the first few chapters for free on Viz's site to get your own impression of it.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/rwby-the-official-manga
>>
>>2922653
>the statement that RT isn’t going to cater to fan demand—much less otaku who want to ogle the girls.
>Want to make anime and break into that market
>Won't cater to anime fans and produce the content they want.
Why is RT so retarded?
>>
>>2922842
RWBY has some anime influences, but it's definitely a more western show all around, especially the themes it explores.
>>
>>2922842
How would have a ton of fanservice scenes involving the girls being half naked improved the early volumes of RWBY?

And Japan lost interest once the story became more serious and went away from the school setting. The story at its heart wasn't a story the Japanese wanted at all.
>>
>>2922842
>>Won't cater to anime fans
>inplying "anime fans" is one person
So which particular kind of anime fans they should've catered to?
>>
>>2922863
It sounds like the Japanese fans that initially latched onto RWBY were those wanting/expecting generic cute girls in school being cute while fighting monsters #48855959. When volume 4 came and possibly late volume 3 they realized they were wrong about what the series would be about and largely dropped it.

What interests me is that RWBY's volume 1-volume 2 manga is ongoing. Maybe a more serious tone from the start along with running in a shounen magazine will help attract more of the Japanese audience they want to the series. Volume 7 even gives Ruby a shounen MC hairstyle.
>>
It was revealed that the RWBY comic from DC Comics will take place in between Volumes 3 and 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBqDHGBjuo

Honestly, not a huge fan of this idea. The cast will be separated from the beginning. Unless it has flashbacks to their time at Beacon or wondering what the others are up to, then I don't see the point, since v4-v5 are generally considered the worse volumes out of the entire series.
>>
>>2922897
>Takes place between V3 and 4
>Yang in her V5/6 getup
Are you funnin' us sis?
>>
>>2922897
>Make a RWBY comic
>Set it during the period when RWBY wasn't actually a thing
Why even fucking bother?
>>
>>2922910
Who knows how long it's planned to last for, but the youtube vid I linked has the staff talking about it. It covers when the team is separated.
>>
>>2922913
They revealed the timeline, that there will be some flashbacks and that they're glad to be exploring more of this time since they wanted to get RWBY back together in the show, but felt there was more to tell here.

Why can't they just admit that splitting up the team was a bad idea and that they should just move on from this part of the story?
>>
>>2922918
It could be good, if they actually delve more into the girls' feelings and thoughts about each other during their separation. Things we only got hints of before. That might be an enjoyable read.

What I'm actually expecting is more of the 4 completely segregated storylines, R[NJR] + Weiss hates the rich + Blake on a boat + Yang moping around the house.
>>
>>2922921
And then there's the flashbacks. How much of it will be flashbacks to their time at Beacon? What if those are the only parts of the comic that people like?
>>
>>2922910
Unless they meant between v3 and v5.
>>
>>2922922
>What if those are the only parts of the comic that people like?
Then at least there will be something in them to like at all.
>>
>>2922924
It's just surprising to me that the staff would willingly greenlight a project set during one of the most disliked parts of the series. It's a team show and they intend to show when the team was mostly depressed and not together.

Maybe it's their way of trying to salvage those arcs and make them seem better in retrospect, but I have serious doubts about that.

But I admit, I'll give it a 10/10 if it sinks BlackSun before volume 7 airs.
>>
>>2922925
>But I admit, I'll give it a 10/10 if it sinks BlackSun before volume 7 airs.
Sun did that himself in V6.
If the comics took the chance to reinforce it though, maybe ditch or somehow distance the narrative from some of the "Meet the Parents" tropes the show indulged in...
>>
>>2922593
>and they've announced that GSC is gonna be producing some merch
Fucking finally. The very very few figs/merch RT already has out are terrible and overpriced. I'd love to see what GSC can do.

Got a link, though? Was it mentioned at RTX?
>>
>>2922932
Photo quality is shit, but yes it’s real.
>>
I'm surprised the comics are even meant to be canon at all. Figured it would be like the manga, but original missions instead of a retelling.

I think they like the split up setting cause that lets them focus more on world building and lore, though that isn't really what people watch for. And of course that's just my guess. But they do seem to like trying to build up lore and factions and stuff.

I wonder if things just went like
>hey a tie in comic is possible/wanted by the parent company
>what do we do with that?
>lets just fill in the timeskip

Did they say how many issues they expect to have? Like is it a single run or do they expect it to be a continuous ongoing?
>>
>>2922946
This is a happy turn of events. And hell, maybe the DC series will be good, even if it's set during the worst part of the series.
>>
>>2922948
I’m not expecting much, but maybe it’ll give us some good old-fashioned pining.
>>
>>2922953
Maybe it'll include the scene where Blake leaves a still unconscious Yang.
>>
>>2922409
Yeah, but she's not shown a scrap of interest there whatsoever and she's been 15-17 the whole time. A 2 year gap is not that much, and not enough to explain a total lack of interest.
>>
>>2922969
It's called Celibate Heroine/Chaste Hero trope.
>>
>>2922969
At first she was just very awkward and bad at meeting new people. She's seemingly matured some after the timeskip, but now she's much more serious and is on a mission to save the world. Plus besides maybe Oscar after a timeskip, I can't really think of anyone she currently knows that she'd make a good pairing with besides the obvious WhiteRose. The only curveball I could see is Whitley meeting Ruby and developing a crush on her.
>>
>>2922969
I mean, at least one other character has made a comment about her "interest." I'd call that at least a "scrap."
>>
>>2922980
>The only curveball I could see is Whitley meeting Ruby and developing a crush on her.
Unless the whole point is a "Wants what his sister has" punchline, that'd be even stupider than RoseGarden.
>>
>>2922988
Some people think that Whitley might be inspired by Kai from the Snow Queen story and that he needs someone to unlock his emotions.
>>
>>2922990
Oh, crap. Hopefully that doesn't mean that Ruby is supposed to be Gerda in this case. She also has references to roses.
>>
>>2922981
When was this?
>>
>>2922975
I’ve always gotten the impression this is what they want for Ruby.

>>2922369
I like WR more than any other pair but sadly I’ve never gotten a romantic vibe from them in-canon. But I would’ve said the same about bumblebee before the last volume so who knows what they’ll do.
>>
File: Winter Ships White Rose.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>2923000
>>
>>2923018
>But I would’ve said the same about bumblebee before the last volume so who knows what they’ll do.
I'd say everyone who's been saying they /have/ been getting a vibe from it.
>>
>>2922685
>manga adaptation of the color trailers
Ok see, the manga you’re talking about is the Miwa manga which is great and I don’t know anyone who dislikes it.
What me and other anons are likely talking about is the new shitty Viz Manga which is an adaptation of Volumes 1 and soon 2.

I think it does a good job fixing issues with Blake’s “the stray” arc at the end of volume 1 and both Sun and Penny have better characterization, but other than that, I think it’s a vastly inferior version of the actual show with the main characters just feeling empty and not, you know, acting like the characters would act.
There’s also just this angsty, moody tone that permeates the whole thing, sucking out any potential for fun or whimsy that might be there.
>>
>>2923020
Do you think she draws fanart
Do you think she draws lewds
>>
>>2923104
What makes you think Winter can draw at all? She doesn't much seem the creative sort.
>>
File: 1520056098796.png (190 KB, 450x600)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>2923106
If she has the fine hand to wield a sword and the delicate fingers to please a woman, then she has the skill it takes to draw her sister naked and having sex with her cute classmate. She doesn't need creativity if she only has to draw from still-life references.
>>
>>2922975
>Celibate Heroine
Americans were a mistake
>>
>>2923130
It's a Japanese trope. It just means the character has a goal and won't pay attention to other things like romance.
>>
>>2923145
Puritanians were a mistake
>>
>>2923118
>implying she doesn't commission it all
>>
>>2922016
>All the things you said that they changed because of fan input are objective improvements.
I'm not arguing they aren't, anon. Nor did I say BB isn't an improvement over BS, which is basically just an even more boring het version of the same ship. My point was just that they clearly DO modify initial plot points due to fan input, and that BB is almost certainly one of those things.

>>2922025
Is that any different? Blake and Yang have like two lines to each other in V1. Where do you think her and barb's vehement shipping of the two came from if not the fact that the fandom made it a major ship? You are still just talking about fans creating changes.
>>
Don’t mean to derail with talk of fanfic, but I thought that Rush rewrite was really good.
>>
File: 1518213347836.jpg (114 KB, 620x879)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2923018
>never gotten a romantic vibe from them in-canon
I've never gotten those "teenage crush/new couple wanting to jump each other's bones" vibes, but they do give me "old married couple" vibes.

Despite this, though, I still doubt WR will happen. I'd love if it did, but I don't think it will. At this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if Ruby and Weiss even have significant interaction together in the Atlas arc. Something tells me it'll be the other girls filling that role while Ruby is just sort of 'there' and then goes off to do protagonist stuff.
>>
>>2923953
I’m not expecting WR but they’ll have at least one major personal scene together. They’re pretty much best friends at this point, no way they don’t get development together during the Weiss arc.
>>
Here's the WIP clip that was shown at RTX.
https://maya-of-lesbos.tumblr.com/post/186200676569/imagine-a-big-flashy-spoiler-sign-here-the

Animation looks real fuckin' smooth, even in this rough state. I'm especially impressed with Qrow and Ruby in action.
>>
>>2924198
Really makes me wish there’d be a proper videogame already.

Heard the dynasty warriors clone didn’t do well so maybe that scared them off games, but this series is begging for some kind of vs hacknslash type thing.
>>
File: rwby ruby rose sad.gif (138 KB, 223x200)
138 KB
138 KB GIF
>>2924198
All flash, and no substance. Not much has changed for several volumes.
>>
>>2923724
Rush was re-written? I liked it a lot normally, guess I'll have to check it out. I don't like everything that author does - some of it ends up being too fluffy, or feeling like there's not a lot of weight to the conflicts in the plot, but their story "What Defines Us" is probably my favorite WR fic, or in the top 3.
>>
>>2924494
>expecting the substance from the WIP promo
Is there no escape from retards on this godforsaken site?
>>
>>2924983
Nope. Not here. Not on Twitter. Not on Tumblr. Not on Discord.

FNDM has the collective intelligence of a gnat.
New thread when?
>>
>>2924198
I can't believe the amount of "TAKE IT DOWN, THEY ASKED US NOT TO FILM IT OR LEAK IT! YOU'RE DISRESPECTING RT!!1" asslickers that have come out of the woodwork because of this.
>>
>>2925021
Right? It's insane.

And their fucking rational. "If we keep spreading the exclusive stuff like this, they might not show them at future cons!"
Like, boo-fucking-hoo? "Oh no, people were eager to see something granted to a privileged few, what if they have to wait like the rest of us in the future?!"

RT's gonna post their own recording of the panel by month's end anyway, and I can't imagine they'd go through the trouble of editing out the rough preview like how they used to cut the streams, so just like the character shorts, it'll be available for public viewing a couple weeks after. In a world in which they didn't show it at a con first, they'd still probably post it up a couple weeks later anyway.
>>
>>2920693
Red is Weiss' grandfather's color. She wears it in defiance of her father because of how she wants to restore the family name to its former glory. Because of this, I'm expecting the color red to show up quite a bit as long as they're still dealing with the SDC plot.
>>
File: D_SrT18U0AAZ.jpg (235 KB, 1270x2048)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
Yang loving the new bob
>>
File: D_AwiuPUwAAC.jpg (215 KB, 1300x1000)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>
File: D_Awqc4VAAE8.jpg (339 KB, 1444x2028)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>
File: D_SIX8ZUIAA.jpg (107 KB, 879x855)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
File: D88ZITWUIAA.jpg (201 KB, 690x2000)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>
>>2923953
Considering how much of this volume is going to be focusing on Weiss, and how much more present their relationship was last volume in comparison to most of the other volumes, I'd say there's a high enough chance that they'll have a significant emotional interaction.
>>
File: puk6xh9zm51rrb.png (222 KB, 952x996)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>
File: puk6xh9.png (309 KB, 952x996)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>
>>2925844
>>2925845
>Team RWBY's emergency makeover fund
>>
>>2924673
Out of curiosity, what would your other top 2 be?
>>
is there any yang x kali fanart?
>>
File: 1557355351658.jpg (173 KB, 1199x1066)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
It was nice to have a thread dedicated to my favorite bunny and her fashionable girlfriend.
>>
>>2926039
Barely. There's barely any Blake x Raven either. All I want is some good mom swap that ends in a sweaty foursome.
>>
>>2926378
unfortunately, there's not a lot of crosshares content
>>
>>2922653
The fuck does her age have to do with anything? Is it wrong to find 15-17 year old girls hot?
>>
>>2926608
Ask yourself what the intended audience is when an anime puts its girls in swimsuits.

There's a reason anime that with a lot of female characters, like K-On, Nanoha, or even Precure, have a secondary demographic consisting of older men.
>>
https://colorlesspring.tumblr.com/post/126160603686/weiss-will-surely-grow-up-hot-like-her-sister
>>
>>2926637
smol qt princess waifu > generic steponme lady
>>
>>2926018
In no particular order
>What Defines Us - Mikotyzini
I was initially hesitant because the "character gets amnesia" thing is fairly cliche and always done so awfully, but I've never seen a fic approach it with the kind of care and realism and build up as this one.
>Princess Fresh Powder - Jessica-X
Fairly simple, but emotional and well written.
>Supernatural Affairs: Nine Cases - brokenmimir
Presses my AU urban fantasy buttons the right way, has a lot of great build up and development (character and romance), plus it's really long if you like big sagas.
>>
File: D_evFEKXUAMIj0e.jpg orig.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/y8ay8a/status/1150581018170134528
>>
File: 1477167786095.png (142 KB, 1138x721)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>2926682
>>2924673
>What Defines Us
Been reading this over the last few days thanks to your post. I cried like a baby. Thanks anon.
Makes me feel similar to how I felt reading Reunion, although this one is much longer and more in-depth and frankly more heart-wrenching. Poor Weiss.
>>
>>2926738
Don't think I've read Reunion. Who's the author?
>>
>>2926757
I actually never looked at the author before, but it's xT-Zealot on ff.net. It was published only a few months after RWBY first aired so it's rather old.
It is also only 36k words long so it's a quick read compared to this 48 chapter emotional rollercoaster I'm almost through with.
>>
>>2926766
Thanks, I'll look it up.

>this 48 chapter emotional rollercoaster I'm almost through with.
I think what I liked best, even outside of the wonderful romance, was the way the author would insert the really meaningful flashback chapters when big events happened, or at the end of certain arcs. There was a great structure there, and it helped to cap a lot of the more emotional moments.
>>
>>2926637
come to think about it, Weiss has been getting bustier ever since volume 3
>>
>>2926918
Yang's consistently portrayed with sizable cleavage, Ruby's concept art at least has her similarly busty, Blake's body is a meme. Comparatively, Weiss is...
>>
>>2926924
>Comparatively, Weiss is...
Perfect in every way
>>
>>2926948
get off valechan ruby
>>
File: Charm Points.jpg (266 KB, 665x1920)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>2926953
She's right and should be proud of having such a gorgeous girlfriend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ6vKatAUbs&t=6s

RWBY comic confirmed for between v3 and v4 with some flashbacks to Beacon.
>>
>>2927141
I’m only slightly disappointed but more so just confused why the fucking promotional art they showed is post reunion if this is the case.
>>
>>2927235
False advertising cause they know no one would be interested if they outwardly showed it was about the non-RWBY part of RWBY.
>>
>>2927302
It could still be good if we get a more direct focus on everyone thinking about the rest of the team while separated, but yeah, not feeling as excited now.
>>
>>2927305
>direct focus on everyone thinking about the rest of the team while separated
I'd like that, but my pessimism tells me to prepare for disappointment.
>>
>>2927346
It just feels like it'll be so depressing outside of the flashbacks and RNJR segments. Yang is sulking at home and is depressed and is missing and resenting Blake. Weiss is nervously returning to an abusive home. And Blake is alone and depressed since she blames herself for what happened to Yang.

The most that could happen is Yang venting some about Blake to her father and him comparing it to himself and Raven. Weiss might get some touching moments with the butler and how she wishes RBY were around. And unless it treads into v4 then Blake has no one to talk to about any of it unless we find out she was hanging out with someone before Sun showed himself.
>>
>>2927645
You know what, now that you’ve said it like that, I’m semi-interested in Blake and what happened before her getting on the boat.
Hell I always originally wanted “Blake Alone”.

As long as it’s better than the shitshow Menagerie arc I think I’ll enjoy it.
>>
Alright ladies and gentlepeople, move on to greener pastures

>>2927824
>>2927824
>>2927824

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.