[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: ulit-2019-03.jpg (96 KB, 840x585)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/-related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread: >>2851207

------
>Downloads:

ulit Archives 2017 torrent (4670 books, release dates up till December 2017):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit_Archives_2017
https://www62.zippyshare.com/v/MRRmgyvA/file.html

Direct download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gzQIGx4HrkxHph2ejx7WGppv-Og9VkFZ/view?usp=sharing

ulit Archives 2017 Erotica add-on torrent (969 books):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit_Archives_2017_Erotica

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
http://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
http://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

B-OK (Bookzz):
http://b-ok.org/

Library Genesis:
http://libgen.io/

------
Outdated recommendations document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/
>>
File: MyFirstUNovel.png (302 KB, 1309x726)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
New to /u/lit? Here's a handy chart to get you started.

Collection download:
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/BauJ1hW7/file.html
>>
File: Sorting_u_part1.png (743 KB, 5186x1578)
743 KB
743 KB PNG
Oversized Chart Part I
>>
File: Sorting_u_part2.png (620 KB, 5458x1578)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
Part II

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DHtc4amFKsTXNSR2psaGkxRkU/view
>>
>>2888993
Her name in the sky - Kelly Quindlen

>>2871503
Its been a few tears since I followed the series but her fictionpress/ao3 should still have the sequels.

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/576301/StarvingLunatic
>>
>>2902178
RE: scarred for life

I guess she removed Bandages and First Degree Burns when she published them. But you should still be able to read some unpublished Dane/Nicole Stories

https://sites.google.com/site/starvinglunaticfiction/original-fiction

Her old site should be good for Scarred chronology (Scroll to the bottom)
>>
Has anyone read the True Queen by Zen Cho? I really liked it although it feels like it's barely yuri.

Set in Britain, SEA?(Malaysia I think?) and the world of the Fae. It's fairly predictable, but one of those rare /u/ books that has good world building. It's book 2 of the Sorcerer Royal, but it's somewhat a stand alone book.
>>
I'm looking for book recommendations. I've been reading a lot of medieval battle fantasies and to be fair, they're starting to bore me terribly.

So now I'm looking for books with a good and believable relationship development, preferably a slow burn. I don't really have a preference for a setting but I'm tired of the medieval fantasy books with "badass" MCs.
>>
Any good popular girl x unpopular girl /u/ books?
>>
>>2902287
the traitor baru cormorant

funnily enough, it is a medieval series and there is a battle near the end. Relationship is believable and slow burn

warning: the book is MISERABLE. It'll tear out your heart and trample on it. saddest book I've ever read
>>
>>2902287
I'm more than halfway trough Jericho, and if you want a slow burn this is your pick. No angst, no drama up to this point characters are picture perfect and full of talents.
>>
File: 40879043[1].jpg (194 KB, 307x475)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
I finally got around to reading Isle of Broken Years. I really like almost everything Jane Fletcher does, but I put it off because I usually go to her for fun fantasy romps and from the blurb this sounded a lot more like a dry historical romance. And not to spoil anything, but it really wasn't that.

On either count, which was actually one of my complaints with the book. It certainly wasn't dry and historical, but it also was surprisingly non-romance-focused, too. It's probably good to branch out and I've always thought that her Celaeno setting has way more potential than just being a backdrop to show off one romance per novel in, but for lesfic the "les" side of the equation was rather insubstantial and felt more like a Doctor Who-inspired story that just happened to feature a pair of lesbians. And even then, it's like two-fifths of the way through before they're allowed to properly interact. It's not as if that was an unfortunate necessity of the plot because they were in different places and had separate stories until then or anything, they were around each other, just not really doing much to interact and ignoring opportunities to do so. It's like she knew she had a tendency like a lot of romance writers to give laserlike focus to the main couple to the detriment of everyone else, but in trying to correct for that veered way to far in the opposite direction.

So yeah, nice book, fun characters, not quite enough gayness. Also ends 40 pages too early like all her books do, but at least it has some cute newspaper snippets and whatnot to show where the characters ended up afterwards as a sort of mini-epilogue, which is more than they normally get.
>>
Has anyone read Holy Sister yet? I've been pretty wary of spoilers, but from what I've heard so far Nona doesn't end up with Regol, although she does apparently fuck him at some point.

Can anyone confirm without spoiling the rest of the book? If this is true, Nona better spend the last third of the book making out with Ara to make up for it.
>>
>>2902471
>characters are picture perfect and full of talents.
They are so disgustingly selfless that it was painful for me to finish it, I just wanted it to end but it kept going on and on.
>>
File: Not Ariel.jpg (166 KB, 750x1000)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Threadly plug of my absurdly unoriginal slow burn romance swords and sorcery pulling-stuff-out-of-ass-as-I-go fantasy novel!
Slam it, praise it, just gimme some critique for free! (read: I'd really really appreciate if you checked it out and gave me your thoughts.)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15912519
>>
>>2902634
This is exactly how I feel. I've been stuck with this book for three weeks and just halfway trough it.
>>
>>2902819
Its weird because her other books are really good, it's just this series that I don't like.
I say series but I couldn't be bothered to read the next two books but I imagine that they're more of the same.
>>
>>2902615
I reviewed it last thread nee-san. Can confirm that Nona gets good yuri end but spends the entire first half of the book fucking Regol.
>>
>>2902848
>this series
There's more?! Hell no, I think I'm going to drop this one. Can you fill me on what happens after? I'm at the point just after the convention when the diabetic dipshit dies.
>>
>>2903014
What about the other books in the series?
I'm interested but I'm not going to slog through 2:1/2 books of het.
>>
>>2903027
I don't remember exactly but the librarian and one of her friends get beaten and nearly raped by some local guy who also set fire to her library,
Then he somehow gets himself mortally wounded and the doctor, off course, comes in to save his life without hesitation, the librarian is totally supportive, off course.
The consolation is that he dies later during surgery.
Then they basically adopt a little snot eating kid that the medic met ONCE during a flight because his grandmother has cancer or something and his father is in the middle east, and he somehow stays there for more then two continents years as reviled in the epilogue.
>>
>>2903040
I dropped it after the kid bullshit. I don't even wanna know abou the sequels.
>>
>>2903028
There's no real het in the first two books. Nona admits at one point that she had a crush on Regol (the dude she apparently fucks in the third book), as well as a teacher and one of her friends (both female). Aside from that, nothing happens involving her. All other relevant relationships mentioned in the book involve women or girls exclusively.
>>
>>2903028
Romance really isn't a focus of the series at all, and doesn't play into the author's writing style either. The het doesn't start until book 3 but then neither does the /u/ apart from some understated instances which are never expanded upon, and some side characters. I wouldn't recommend reading it for only the /u/, there's not enough there if you aren't already invested in the series imo.
>>
Anybody read Priory of the Orange Tree? I heard there was hetsex in it. How much? If there has to be het, I prefer it early and over with quickly without drama
>>
>>2903557
I think you asked you about this in the previous thread, but I couldn't answer then.

No POV has het romance or sex (Loth, the best friend has minor teasing with a secondary female character). The love interest of the main character must get married and produce an heir and she does get married but the wedding ends after a few chapters and it all happens before the MC and she fall in love.
>>
>>2903604
thanks that's good to know. Does it end happily? I can't handle a sad ending right now
>>
>>2903606
That is pretty difficult to answer without spoilers so being as vague as possible:

It ends with the guarantee of a happy ending but it can't happen immediately due to the characters needing to tie up some loose ends after the events of the books. I got spoiled on it but I was surprised to find when reading it that the ending isn't sorrowful or tragic but instead hopeful. Also its not a cliffhanger or sequel hook, thematically and plotwise all the
important stuff has been resolved.
I think I should also point out that what I talked about is in regards to the main character and her plotline.
>>
>>2903615
I'll give it a shot, I'm just avoiding anything like the ending of Baru Cormorant
>>
Anyone has any download links for The Sovereign of Psiere; https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/45169371-the-sovereign-of-psiere
>>
I read The Space Between by Michelle L. Teichman. It's a highschool yuri romance and I absolutely loved it, do you guys know any recommendations that are similar?
>>
I recently find out about Benjamin Medrano, apparently he writes lesbian high fantasy, dose any of you have any opinions on his writing stile,?
I'm interested but hesitant at the same time.
What I'm really wandering is if there is any sexual violence in his books?
>>
I haven't been around for a few months. Any interesting new books released in that time? Or is it as bleak as usual?
>>
>>2902635
I read two sentences and immediately though Ah so fucking British
>>
>>2906391
A Bird of Sorrow
>>
Are there any decent lesbian web serials? Not stuff with like a lesbian side character or two.
>>
>>2906530
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Thanks for reading (at least) the two, though!
>>
>>2906824
A Practical Guide to Evil. Main character is technically bi, but all the on-screen romance so far has been with females. Romance forms a minor part though. The series is mostly about mindgames and plotting and war

I will warn you that the quality of writing is on-and-off. The author would benefit immensely from an editor
>>
>>2906824
A Hero Past The 25th
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/11361/a-hero-past-the-25th
>>
>>2902635
Hey, good work so far! Might I suggest however that you keep the comedy a bit light when it comes to dangerous events? Take the dragon chase, Irika is in mortal danger as she can't use her magic against the dragon and has to run for her life. This should be building tension and a sense of mortal danger but it gets cuts down with the almost light heart nature of the chase.
>>
>>2907008
>isekai
I know /u/ standards are low, but not THIS low
>>
Just finished reading The Priory of the Orange Tree, was very good, probably the second-best /u/ book I've ever read. Prose is clean. For an 800-page book, it's very easy to get through.

There is a fairly significant, non-ignorable amount of het though. I was surprised by how much het there was. There's a fair amount of drama surrounding the het too.

Overall plot is straightforward with few twists. It kind of reads like a video game fetch quest, though that makes it sound worse than it is. The plot is just...unsurprising. Probably it's because I've been reading a lot of darker complex fantasy lately. There are some minor twists, including a particularly memorable weird-as-fuck mother/son romance, but the plot's laid out in the first couple chapters and never deviates.

What I disliked was the amount of different POVs. Too much dilution - you don't care about all the characters, and even the ones you do care about take too long to become relevant. I especially hates Nicalys Roos, the doctor. What an utterly unlikeable character. "boohoo my gay lover died decades ago" That doesn't give you an excuse to act like a massive cowardly, selfish asshole to everyone

Also Tane needed a love interests

Overall a solid 7/10, would recommend. 2nd best /u/ book I've read after Baru. I'm open to recommendations like it
>>
>>2907314
>What I disliked was the amount of different POVs. Too much dilution
>I especially hates Nicalys Roos, the doctor
Agree 100%. He also doesn't add anything essential to the plot that couldn't be encompassed by a fleshed out Tane POV. Imo if he was taken out entirely and his word count given to the other characters or to giving the queen a POV the book would have been 10/10 instant classic.
>I'm open to recommendations like it
This is pretty much it. As far as /u/ fantasy goes it's Baru>Orange Tree>>>>>>>>everything else. Next thing over I can think of that's alright (not great, but decent) in a similar vein is Tales of Ankyran.
>>
>>2907382
Roos's "redemption" was complete bullshit. After everything he did, he gets off scott free not because of what he did, but what he didn't do. "boohoo I won't assassinate the literally only hope our world has left, somehow that makes me good." Bitch please, not doing murder is the bare minimum not to be a piece of shit. Also, it's insane that his exile was seen as cruel. The asshole took advantage of a young girl's vulnerability to spend the crown's money to drink himself to death, and we're supposed to feel bad for him? He should've been fucking executed

disappointing that the fantasy /u/ genre is so depleted. Any good /u/ sci-fi? Anything, really, as long it has some fantastic elements. I can't stomach modern or historical fiction
>>
do you think someone like you can defeat the demon king
is cyril the otp?
please tell me she is
>>
>>2907407
No, its Milkit. Flum even marries her.
>>
File: ! 3.jpg (157 KB, 1299x852)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>2907434
just
>>
Best depressing/melancholic/existential books? I'm going through it.
>>
>>2906809
Is it part of the Arravan series? The first is so bad I couldn't get through it. What a shame, I got excited for a moment.
>>
>>2904932
>>2904888
Thanks for the interesting posts. I will look into these books.

>>2907314
>very good
>significant, non-ignorable amount of het
The absolute state of """lesbian""" literature. Now I remember why I still haven't found a single good yuri book.
>>
>>2907314
Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
>>
>>2907819
chill out nigga

>>2907824
it's the 2nd book of a series apparently, what about the first?
>>
>>2906809
Oh finally out huh. And not the final book in the series.... Well, guess I'll wait another 5-6 years for the next one before I read it. Going to have to reread the first 2 anyway since I don't remember anything that happened.

Anybody have books 3 through 5 of Dawn of a New Astral age? I started reading the first one, and despite the weeaboo feel, I'm enjoying it so far
>>
>>2907819
lesbian literature will always be shit because of this.
>>
>>2907022
Thanks! The first scene in particular was meant to set the overall tone of the story, if you read on you'll notice that the rest of the dangerous events are significantly more serious in color. Some of them are positively dreary!
>>
>>2904888
The only okayish one about high schooler that comes to mind is Our Demented Play Date but it's not about school itself.
>The Space Between
Hard to get into. Harper is maybe 14 or 15 years old. Her parents aren't doing their job so her older sister inspires her to consume drugs and be a school bitch who sees boyfriends as status symbols. The description of school life seems exaggerated like in Hollywood movies but then I remember the disturbing things the bitches did in my school and it all becomes plausible.

At least Harper doesn't need to live with her boyfriend in Africa in her 20s to realize she's "lesbian" like the woman in the author's other book. So that's already a big improvement from the perspective of someone who doesn't understand how people can be too stupid to figure out what attracts them sexually.
>>
>>2907979
The second one you can read as a stand alone. There are some callbacks to the previous book and its characters here and there, but otherwise have no meaningful impact on the main story.
>>
>>2902147
Hey, new to the thread.
Call me freaking retarded but how the fuck do I read the books from the torrent? My EPUB reader doesn't work with it.
>>
>>2908454
Try an eBook reader, not an EPUb reader. Digital editions, for example.
>>
>>2908454
haven't gotten around to dl'ing yet, how many on there are yuri?
>>
>>2908481
I only downloaded one of them, but given the fact that it's "ulit archive" I assume all of them.
>>
>>2908454
For PC I use calibre but 95% of the time I read on my phone and use ReadEra.
>>2908481
>>2908487
No. The problem is that genuine western yuri books don't really exist or are extremely rare. Most are LGBT culture. So expect a lot of het and "experienced" old women. Instead of cute idealized fantasy there will be a disturbing and more realistic characterization of usually very flawed and unlikable women.
>>
>>2908690
I think we all assumed that. Though I decided to start with "Kiss the Woman" (as the chart up there suggested) and I must say I'm enjoying it quite a lot.
>>
I've been trying to write yuri fiction for years and I still have no idea how most lesbian fiction authors seem to totally miss what the audience actually wants. Hell, I don't know what the audience wants either.
>>
>>2908816
All we really want is no hetshits or bisluts.
>>
>>2908701
>Kiss the Woman
Do you mean Kiss the Girl? I gave up on that pretty early. Here some other books I didn't like but maybe you will enjoy as well. Since I don't know what you like, they could be hit or miss.

Breaking Character by Lee Winter
Unlikely Match by Fiona Riley
Who'd Have Thought by G Benson
>>
>>2908454
Get a reader that supports multiple formats or convert the books yourself. If you mean a physical reader, like a Kindle or something, converting is most likely your only option.

If you read on your phone, I recommend buying/pirating Moon+ Reader. It supports pretty much everything and has decent customization options.
>>
>>2908816
>Hell, I don't know what the audience wants either
For a long time I tied myself up in knots over this before realizing it will be impossible to please everyone. So, I'm writing the kind of /u/ that I'd like to read while avoiding the /u/ tropes that annoy me the most and just seeing what happens. I think it'll be fine if you avoid the more obviously dumb tropes that plague the genre. It's not like the bar is high.
>>
>>2908959
I mean, yes, it's tropey and corny, but I've always been a sucker for simple romances. I got tired of those a while back, but making them lesbian romances seems to add a whole new layer of enjoyment to it I haven't felt in years.
It's no masterpiece and I feel like I could write a better romance myself, but it's really enjoyable nonetheless.
>>
>>2908959
and thanks for the recs.
>>
>>2908454
SumatraPDF is a pretty decent lightweight program that will read EPUBs on PC. Calibre is pretty clunky by comparison for reading. AI reader is pretty good for Android. Both are free
>>
Just read Bloody Rose, it was enjoyable. It's the 2nd book in a series but can be read stand-alone (which I did). First book is non-/u/

Very standard fantasy, lots of monsters, fantasy races, journeys, fights, etc. There is a LOT of fighting. Fortunately, the fight scenes are well-written, and I enjoyed it even though I'm generally not a fan of fights. The author has a fine touch for humor. Prose is above average. Sometimes it's even great.

Not a lot of complicated plots or twists, mostly just fights stringing into each other. Like I said, it's a standard fantasy romp set in a well-realized world. I prefer my novels with more intrigue, but this one was sufficiently entertaining nonetheless. The setting is its biggest strength. I also liked the MC being essentially a side character to what is unmistakeably the titular character Bloody Rose's story. Kind of like Watson to her Holmes

The /u/ angle: romance forms a minor part of the story. MC is a lesbian. She fucks a few girls. Her main love interest Cura is bisexual (and freaky) and sleeps around with EVERYONE, which I know some of you will be put off by. The romance, like the rest of the novel, is standard: they grow closer together, they grow apart, they grow close again. There's not a lot of focus on their romance, but whatever is there is fleshed-out and satisfactory

Overall 6/10, would recommend but it's not particularly memorable outside of its setting
>>
>>2909287
No need to defend yourself. You don't have to conform or only like what other people like.
>I feel like I could write a better romance myself
Writing a book is more difficult than it looks. I have some respect for books even if they're bad because even the bad ones are the result of hundreds if not over a thousand hours of work.
>>
>>2909398
>The /u/ angle: romance forms a minor part of the story. MC is a lesbian. She fucks a few girls. Her main love interest Cura is bisexual (and freaky) and sleeps around with EVERYONE, which I know some of you will be put off by.
You are correct. This was mentioned in reviews which ensured that I will never read the book and be extra suspicious about future works from the same author.
>>
>>2909753
>Writing a book is more difficult than it looks
Boy would I know of that. I don't take writing lightly.
>>
>>2909758
>purityfags

christ, you're in the wrong genre. I can't say I'm fond of het showing up, but fantasy lesbians is niche enough that you can't be picky. Some of the best stories I've read have featured varying amounts of het, while some of the worst have featured 100% lesbians.
>>
>>2909860
>you're in the wrong genre
You're in the wrong board. If I wanted to read a good book, I wouldn't waste my time with fiction in the first place. However, I happen to really like pure yuri. It makes books worth reading for me. Obviously that also means when there is false f/f advertisement and the book doesn't contain pure yuri, I will be annoyed about having wasted my time.

The problem lies with idiots who falsely classify books. Imagine you go to the bakery for a chocolate cake. What you get is a steaming pile of shit though. When you complain that you wanted a chocolate cake because clearly it said chocolate cake, the answer is that there is 1% chocolate cake mixed in with the excrement and therefore you are to blame for being a purityfag who demands that chocolate cake must be 100% chocolate cake and not 1% chocolate cake and 99% shit.
>>
>>2909878
chill out nigga, go read /u/ manga instead
>>
>>2909878
You sound like a total /v/tard with your dumb strawman arguments
>>
>>2909860
People enjoy reading about std infested whores. Wow.
>>
>>2909860
Is it really so bad to want to read something that's simply lesbian?
You don't see hetshit stories constantly devolving into gay stuff only to get back to hetshit on the end.
We just want that when something is supposedly f/f it stays f/f all the way.
That includes not devolving into f/f/f/f/f/f/f/f

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.