[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 2nd tallest shut in.png (237 KB, 676x776)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>Fics
archiveofourown.org/series/354770
>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Radioactive thread: >>2879206
>>
File: General Table.png (149 KB, 5149x792)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea (or more) for all of the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, physical descriptions and other personal elements for the lesser known elements. We’ve reached a point where we can begin to discuss more about the events of the immediate future i.e. year 1, 2, and 3. Suggestions and discussion topics are welcome.
>>
File: Ho-chan.jpg (169 KB, 1000x750)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>Collected Works
https://archiveofourown.org/works/18244721/chapters/44582629
https://archiveofourown.org/works/18244721/chapters/44582761
https://archiveofourown.org/works/18244721/chapters/44583037

>Charts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-9lPzjj56iUCE8d9F6gfaes6ipOD5W0XLsjYZDGUw4/edit#gid=0 – Hair, height, and misc info
https://imgur.com/a/QXizv - Relationship charts
https://board.net/p/metallurgy_birthdays - Birthday chart, might need an imgur link or something

>Topics of discussion
Does Holm pester Flor when she realizes her boss' squeeze is the owner of the biggest club in the metro? Speaking of which, how's the relationship between the two?
Who's the most the photogenic element in the metro? Excluding celebrities for obvious reasons.
If Astatine was to GM a game of Plots and Perils at Pladdi's behest, who all would be involved?
>>
>>2916875
>Does Holm pester Flor when she realizes her boss' squeeze is the owner of the biggest club in the metro?
She tries, but nobody can ever out-tease F
>Speaking of which, how's the relationship between the two?
See above
>Who's the most the photogenic element in the metro? Excluding celebrities for obvious reasons.
Ag for even more obviois reasons, also the halogens
>If Astatine was to GM a game of Plots and Perils at Pladdi's behest, who all would be involved?
Pd, Pt, I, Br, Co, Hg
>>
>>2916875
>how's the relationship between the two?
Between Holmium and Fluorine?
>>
>>2916937
Yeah them or Holm and Krypton, cause surely Kry picks up Flor from the office sometimes for lunch or something.
>>2916895
>Pd, Pt, I, Br, Co, and Hg
No Cu? Maybe as a support GM or PM(Puppet Master). Speaking of which, what would their classes be?
>>
>>2917164
If Krypton is still going to occasionally bartend herself from time to time Holmium could get the chance to interact with her. I'm sure they'd get along.
>>
>>2917178
Holm would probably be a good sounding board if Kry needs to get a gift for Flor and isn't sure if she'd like it
>>
>>2917328
What kind of gift do you get for someone like Fluorine?
>>
>>2917446
Mementos, keepsakes, little things from places she and Kry have been or Xe has been that she wants to visit. Pictures from Xe, candid or not, of her loves which is kinda hard in Xe's case all things considered. Probably has a little vanity riddled with such tiny gifts or things she's gotten over the years
>>
>>2917538
That's tellingly sentimental of her.
>>
>>2917668
I would imagine a good half of them are actually practical to disguise their sentimentality. How often are people in her apartment or whatever type of domicile she lives in?
>>
>>2917770
Before she started dating Krypton and Xenon? Too many to count. But now? I can't imagine many.
>>
>>2917772
I feel like arguing that'd depend entirely on how far away she was from her place back during her party years. I bet half the time she went to the other woman's place. I'm sure her vanity was relatively bare before she started dating XeKr
>>
>>2917794
It wouldn't be complete without a photo of the gals from her sorority.
>>
>>2917817
That is true, about the only photo she probably kept in her room until she started dating XeKr
>>
>>2917164
>Palladium
Bard
>Iodine
Magic user
>Bromine
Alchemist
>Cobalt
Thief
>>
>>2917829
>Magic user
But what type? Cleric/paladin-ish type like Azoth or more in the vein of Guffi, Viridium, or Noctium?
>>
>>2917831
A mage, of the "dusty tomes" variety.
>>
>>2917833
So Guffi and Noctium, I see. Fitting considering her academia.
>>
>>2917829
Hg's probably some sort of beastmaster or something weird
>>
>>2918122
She totally would.
>>
>>2918190
Sounds like Asta would have quite the challenge on her hands PM-ing such a game. She'd probably make a meticulous world and then wing half of it cause Cobalt and Mercury are there. Which reminds me, I bet Plat would be a fighter
>>
>>2918624
This was Palladium's idea, wasn't it? Or, at least she encouraged her to do it.
>>
>>2918811
Yes, Ladi encouraged her. She likely saw it as a way for Asta to get better at making small talk/being with friends/leading people/forgot the original reason. The appearance of Bromi and Iodine would surprise Ladi but Cobalt and Mercury is a wrench she hadn't expected.
Iirc, I think it was just Ladi wanting to learn more about something that interested Asta
>>
Copper can run the game when it's Astatine's turn to play.
>>
>>2919067
Yeah. I might be misremembering horribly or it's finally resurfacing, but I think the initial idea was Copper running the game and Plat wrangled Asta+Pladi into playing or something where Asta ended up as a player. Was a way for Asta and Copper to become friends.
>>
>>2916872
That bright line between her arm and hair, and between her fingers caught my eye. Until I looked closer I totally though she just got done fishing for pearls in her lover's clam.
>>
>>2916875
>most photogenic
There are no bad pictures of Francium, because there are no pictures of Francium.
>>
>>2919190
Rb's phone would have a word with you
>>
>>2919387
How much convincing did that take?
>>
>>2919462
Puppy eyes and one soft spoken "please"
here's also the kindergarden class photo with Ac
>>
A few issues with the character charts:
Every instance of Iridosmine as Sodium's BFF should be replaced with Ytterbium. Same goes for her profile.
On Lithium's chart, her and Manganese's ages are reversed. Chromoly's age is also listed incorrectly (it should be 32). Her and Potassium's profiles would also benefit from including a section for Manganese.

>>2919966
And one of her most treasured possessions.
>>
>>2920061
These charts are woefully outdated but I don't plan to redo them before finishing a master chart that includes everything at once.
>>
>>2920697
Good to know. That sounds fun.
>>
>>2920713
>>2920061
On that note, and if MS doesn't beat me to it, I'll try and do the Iridosmine/Ytterbium switch in Sodium's profile sometime this weekend.
>>
>>2920715
Appreciated. All that's left after that is Manganese.
>>
Right the Iridosmine/Ytterbium switch has been made in Na's profile.
On a semi-related topic. When it comes to Exlpodium since Dynamite's likely one of her more action-centric villains, would it be a reach to make those movies bit more Western in execution?
>>
>>2921619
Explodium is a spoof of Hollywood high octane movies, mainly James Bond, so absolutely.
>>
>>2921713
Okay good, cause I got this rather ridiculous image that one of the iterations of Dynamite is like almost full bandito mode or whatever. Uses revolvers, cowgirl boots, and the works. Possibly throws sticks of dynamite or something. Explodium had initially just wanted a vacation in a nice desert locale but apparently work gets jealous of her trying to relax so Dynamite had to appear to ruin the day. More serious incarnations of Dynamite probably just keep the revolver and sharpshooter theme instead of her being a bandit. Lever-action rifle or something being a signature besides a revolver
>>
>>2921619
>Iridosmine/Ytterbium switch
What was the reasoning behind that again?
>>
>>2921748
Something to do with Boron living with Ytter's family when she was visiting. Also I think it was some change up for friend groups because Iri was kinda on her lonesome or something. I'd have to go digging.
>>
>>2922135
Iridos must have some friends in the fencing club.
>>
Might've been inspired while playing some vidya to add an interesting side character to Explodium. One that might fit better for the actiony-side while the double agent's better fit for the thriller side.
That is namely, an archaeologist and amateur adventurer named Jade.
Jade and Explodium meet when Jade runs afoul of Dynamite at a dig and is on the run when she runs into Explodium who's on vacation, again. Maybe a little fling every now and again, but Jade is a consummate professional first and foremost, any potential trysts happen after the artefacts are safe from Dyna.
Likely a big influence on Argon.
>>
>>2916872
Astatine is the rarest naturally occurring element of Earth, it's estimated that between one to thirty grams exist, given its short half life it mostly exist in the place of other radioactive elements decaying.
>>
>>2923731
The perfect foil for someone like Dynamite.
>>
>>2923878
Does seem that way, I suppose it'd depend on how fleshed out Dynamite gets. Dyna being a merc and assassin, might just be a lieutenant for a the real villain. Wouldn't surprise me if Jade also ran into C4 as well sometime with Ex
>>
>>2923990
>a lieutenant for a the real villain
Leaves her free to do the fun part.
>>
>>2924000
Exactly, she'd be the villain that's front and center. At least when compared to C4, if Jade(ite) thought Dyna was bad her whole world's gonna change when she runs into C4.
>>
>>2924027
The scariest part about C4 is how much she charges.
>>
>>2924034
That and how committed she is. Jade'll never forget how unflinching C4 was when she turned and put two in the chest of her would-be employer
>>
File: 1552411116265.png (19 KB, 1046x641)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Caught a mistake with the birthdays. Selenium and Tellurium are twins, they should have been born on the same day.
>>
>>2924562
Two more on the chart: Neon is listed twice, once in the place on Neptunium on July 23rd. Ne should be Np.
Mercury also appears to be missing on November 8th.
>>
So what type of museum does Argon likely work at when she's not adventuring?
>>
>>2924998
The city's history museum. Ori wouldn't find it too exciting.
>>
>>2925062
I wouldn't be too sure.The trip to the museum would probably interest her and while Argon might think Ori would be interested to learn about what happened during her time period, Ori would likely be interested in learning about people and how society changed. What better way to do that then watching crowds? I'm sure Argon would eventually realize where Ori's attention is
>>
>>2925963
Educational for both of them!
>>
>>2925984
Exactly, also probably better than the time Argon took her to a roman fete thinking it might remind Ori of home. Didn't work in the way she thought, especially with some people Ori knew showing up and being really confused.
>>
Does Ori have a cellphone?
>>
>>2926131
Maybe not at first, but I'm sure she eventually talks Argon into having one. First week she gets it, Argon gets a bunch of photos/texts from Ori about things she's done including hunting on the grounds that Argon might've been kind pointedly ignoring.
>>
>>2926153
>Argon tries to explain how it works to her and ends up having to ask Lutetium
>>
>>2926160
I don't think Argon's that inept. She'd be able to help her set things up but more involved stuff would likely require finangling that Lute knows better
>>
>>2926164
All that time spent with Dysprosium is going to pay off when Lutetium's first task is playing amateur photographer to an eager Ori and an increasingly flustered Argon.
>>
>>2926185
Now that would be cute, especially if one of the pictures ends up as Argon's wallpaper
>>
File: Birthdays.png (19 KB, 1046x641)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>2924562
Fixed, with Hg on May 13th
>>
>>2926386
What's the significance of May for Hg?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.