[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What 3DS games are you looking forward to?
>>
>>367714142
Fire Emblem Echoes.
What else is there?
>>
I have high hopes on this one
>>
>>367714142
MH5
because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it's going to come to Switch
>>
>>367714142
>>367714232
God, why the fuck does the 3DS have such a garbage library?
>>
Etrian Odyssey V
>>
>>367714430
(You)
>>
>>367714815
b8

No one can be this delusional.
>>
>>367714430
It doesn't?

>3 MH titles in the west
>FE
>SMT IV and IV Apocalypse, enhanced remakes for a lot of the old ones
>Animal Crossing
>A Link Between Worlds
>Bravely Default
>Planet Robobot
>Xenoblade
>EO
>Kid Icarus
>RE
>Senran Kagura
>KH
>Stella Glow
>Zero Escape games

It's no DS, but it has plenty of stuff. I wish they'd bring more nip shit over, though.
>>
>>367715262
MH is a completely rehashed series no matter the quality of the games.

FE is alright, nothing special.

SMT IV is alright.

Animal Crossing is more like a chore simulator than a game.

A Link between Worlds is pretty good.

Bravely Default is some garbage JRPG.

Kirby games are always mediocre, fuck off with your comfy shit.

Xenoblade is a worse port.

Etrian Odyssey is really rehashed since 3 the series doesn't innovate anymore.

Kid Icarus is pretty good.

Revelations is garbage. One of the worst RE games period.

Senran Kagura is some Musou fap fantasy garbage. The worst of both worlds.

One of the worst KH games.

Don't know Stella Glow.

Both Zero Escape games are not exclusive and the 3DS also has by far the worst versions. Zero Time Dilemma is also fucking garbage.

The library is totally underwhelming as fuck. It's ok, you will find some good games here and there but it's such a dissapointment compared to the DS it's not even funny. I could go back to the DS right now and fund tons of great games although I already played a shitload.
>>
>>367714142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGFiXelVBQ

Not these guys.
>>
>>367714232
Completely forgot this was a thing. Any news on it?
>>
>>367715594
>Kirby games are always mediocre
confirmed for not playing Robobot
>>
An anon pointed out Ever Oasis to me earlier.

Action RPG made by Grezzo (OoT and MM 3d), published by Nintendo, and directed by Koichi Ishii creator of Secret of Mana.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/15/nintendo-grezzo-announce-new-ip-ever-oasis-upcoming-3ds-action-rpg/
>>
>>367715594
>Kirby games are always mediocre, fuck off with your comfy shit.
Nigga, Kirby and Pokémon are the only games Nintendo makes with consistent good quality. Granted they're not exactly by Nintendo bu by Hal and GameFreak.
>>
>>367715736
I have played all kirby games. The best one is Kirby's dream course and air ride is godlike with friends. The platformers are mediocre as fuck.
>>
Nintendogs: John Wick Edition. Can't wait for it
>>
>>367716143
If you had played Robobot, you'd know it has the most variation in design in the entire franchise, as well as very unique boss battles.
>>
The new Monster Hunter plays amazing, if the demo is anything to go by it's like an entirely new game. Might play >>367714203 and >>367714232

>>367714430
>>367715594
I'm cringing
>>
>>367716140
>Sun/Moon
>good
>>
>>367716283
You're kidding right? Robobot is one of the worse ones with tons of gimmicks and even slower gameplay than usual. The level design was boring as fuck. Super Star had way more variation.

Everyone shits on the new super mario games for being rehashes, but those games are so much fucking better platformers than the kirby games it isn't even funny. I can't trust any of you kirby niggers anymore when you say kirby is a better platformer than new super mario bros.
>>
>>367716559
>complains about mediocrity/all games being samey
>then complains about Robobot being gimmicky for trying different shit
gg ez no re
>>
File: Spoiler Image (353 KB, 1000x1000)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>367714142
The tennis and golf look good but the horsey races looks like a watered down kart 7
>>
>>367716636
GOTem
>>
>>367716636
>gimmicks can't be bad, forced gimmicks really enrich the stagnant gameplay so they're good
Nah, kill yourself. Mario Galaxy had tons of gimmicks but they were all super fucking fun so the game was highly enriched by them.
>>
>>367716712
>forced gimmick
Just putting buzzwords together doesn't make an argument. Quit while you're ahead.
>>
Fire Emblem Echoes, Ever Oasis, Lady Layton, the next Gen VII Pokemon game.

Have interest in the new Story of Seasons since it seems to be fixing some of the issues I have with recent titles but XSEED are being cheap fucks about the sequel to their fastest selling game and refuse to localize the free expansion content Japan got without charging for it.
>>
>>367715635
So Mario Sports Superstars is just full of dumbed down crap versions of the other mario sports games?
>>
>>367716912
You kirby fags never have any ground to begin with. You circlejerk always those mediocre platformers because
>muh kirby
>muh comfy platformer
Never once have I heard actual reason why the gameplay is supposed to be good.
>>
>>367714142
I could be looking forward to river city ransom SP and Dragon quest monsters Joker3 PRO.

But anyone with a half brain knows they wont get here because the switch.
>>
>>367716636
Robobot is a huge fucking rehash, it's solid unlike the other biggest rehash in the series, Squeak Squad, but it's still stale as fuck. Almost no truly original bosses is the most blatant part.
>>
>>367716712
>Mario Galaxy is good

Stop memeing this hard, it's a well known fact they're shit
>>
>>367717135
Why 3DSfags always have an agenda against any other console, even if it's by nintendo, I will never know.
>>
>>367717135
Galaxy 1 had some issues but it was a major step up from Sunshine. Galaxy 2 is widely considered to be the greatest 3D platformer of all time, so I don't know where you get that shit opinion from unless you made it yourself.
>>
>>367717242
Because the N64, Gamecube and Wii betrayed the hardcore gamers. And then the 3DS won us back.
>>
>>367717336
Bait harder. All those consoles have a vastly superior library than the 3DS.
>>
>>367717258
>My opinions directly came from IGN

Fucking lol

Galaxy 1 is crap and Galaxy 2 is crap number 2, anyone with three digits IQ agrees on it
>>
>>367715594
Some of the things you said are inaccurate or just show you didn't play the game you are commenting on. Which isn't surprising because the idea that someone who hates the 3DS like you claim to would have played all those 3DS games is absurd.

Even then some of them you had to write "it's pretty good" because you knew you didn't know shit about it and making up somethign would just out you even more.
>>
>>367715594
You can't afford a 3DS, right? That's what this is really about
>>
>>367717026
whatever bruh, sometimes I want to play a simple game like Kirby.

I don't need balls to the wall challenge 24/7. I'm not as edgy as you, I guess.
>>
>>367717528
I'm accurate on all of them and I actually bought a 3DS twice. I was pleasently surprised by the 3DS games in the beginning with games like Theatrhythm, Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing became less and less a game with time and more a chore simulator. A few other games and I was really saddened how disappointing the console was and sold it off.

After a while the 3DS got hacked and I bought a new one and tried a lot more obscure games and some of the gems I missed. There was some good stuff there, the 3DS library is undoubtly ok, nothing great but you will find lots of good games. But overall the peak quality of the games was very low. You could find a solid game all the time but nothing ever was truly a great game.
>>
>>367716453

Howso, about mohun? I was just gonna give the demo a skip since it's just the two new styles
>>
>>367715594
>ALBW is pretty good

So your first Zelda game eh?
>>
File: 1458318158542.jpg (156 KB, 500x600)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>367716140
>GameFreak
>good quality
>>
>>367717982
Nah, I have played all of them. Link Between Worlds is literally the only Zelda game that made rupees enjoyable to collect and satisfying as a reward since they had a lot of use in the game. In any other Zelda game you don't even know what the devs were thinking with making rupees chest rewards, so fucking retarded.

The only thing I didn't like is that the dungeons were all the same base difficulty since the game design didn't have a linear progression in mind and a new player can theoretically start with any dungeon. That made the game cool in the beginning but weaker with time, but if you played hero mode in your first playtrough that could be fixed a little. The dungeon design also suffered from the same idea, all the puzzles were build around the core item and not all items which made the puzzles a little bit too streamlined.

The graphics were also pretty shitty. Still the game was very good.
>>
>>367717798
>buys system not once but twice
>games are solid
>games are okay
Your argument is so fucking flimsy and retarded that no one is believing you.
>>
>>367717832
One of the styles completely flips a lot of the weapons upside down, adding several new moves, you know, like we hoped the other styles would have worked in the first place before it was just loljump or loldodge or lolarts

Also drastically increases the amount of time it takes to put your weapon away, so it's a risk vs reward type.
>>
>>367718357
Everything is explained in my post. Don't blame me if you can't develop reading comprehension to save your life, fucktard.
>>
File: 47878.jpg (406 KB, 1348x750)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>367714142
>>
>>367718257
The attractive of Zelda games is like 70% Dungeon design/difficulty if this game flaws on this (which it does) is mediocre at best, this game only seems right because of the 2 following reasons:

1. We got a "more traditional" 2D Zelda since those abominations that DS' Zelda were anything would look good in comparison.

2. It rode ALttP's dick so hard that it was impossible to be a complete failure

The game is just slightly better than most of the shit that we have been getting lately but again that's not much to brag about.
>>
Whats 'final fantasy explorers light'? Is it a japan only thing?
>>
>>367718834
>final fantasy explorers light
Just the demo for FFE.
>>
>>367718834
I like it but I recognize that is a little shit, I don't recommend it.
>>
>>367718470
Sorry, I lost 80 IQ points one sentence in and could no longer read.

You admit MH is a quality game yet it does count because...? Ohshit here i do agan
>>
There's no denying the dude is a troll at this point. No human can be this retarded.
>>
File: 1486921151051.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>367718470
"accurate" opinions coming from a fucking moron that bought a system in which you were so disappointment in that you sold it, but then bought it again for no real reason then to play some "gems" that you don't even list. Also, your descriptions of the games you mentioned are vague at best and anyone could say those without playing them. This is the last (you) you get from me, faggot.
>>
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 4

Too bad it will never exist.

Where the fuck are all the 3ds otome games anyway?!
>>
>>367719039
It counts but it loses value with every new game since every additional games is just a slight update. Talking with hardcore 3DSfags is like talking to Pokemonfags or any other cancerous fanbase. You never admit to the huge flaws of your product.
>>
>>367714142
I'm actually really fucking hype for Mario Sports. They really got Mario Golf to be amazing on the 3DS but then spilled the spaghetti with Mario Tennis. If they can fix tennis but keep golf in tact, it'll be worth the cost alone.
>>
>>367719484
Again lacking reading comprehension you filthy fanboy. I bought the second 3DS since pirating became available after I sold my first one you filthy degenerate. That's why handheld fags are so cancerous. Playing the least quality games of them all but thinking you are hot shit.
>>
>>367719749
>Otomes

Fujoshits >>>/out/ of my board
>>
>>367719765
Unlike what games? What games don't use anything that's been featured in any other game and are still good? You're such a hypocritical hater.
>>
File: KoIXhDz.gif (1.17 MB, 245x171)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>367717480
>>
>>367720247
Fuck off, your game uses the exact same levels, same weapons some monster and has always the exact same mission design. It just adds one more of each with every sequel.

Monster Hunter games are not sequels, they're update packs. They're like the guilty gear updates. Add two characters and a few details and gameplay changes and sell the old game for full price yet again to the retarded fans.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.