[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, NINTENDO?!
LITERALLY ZERO EFFORT PUT INTO THE NORMAL ENDING.
NOW I DON'T EVEN WANNA BOTHER WITH THE "TRUE ENDING"
>>
>>371185796
You're not wrong
True ending is shit too
This game have a serious climax problem: it's like the bad version of Spirit Tracks' finale
>>
File: IMG_4391.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
My Master Sword isn't shooting beams, what's up with that?
>>
>>371188802
need full hp
>>
>>371188802
>have full life
>Throw master sword
>???
>pew pew
>>
>>371188851
>>371188896
I'm a little mad that wasn't my first thought, thanks Senpai
>>
>>371186121
I feel that barely any effort was put into the main quest.
Just like Skyrim.
>>
>>371185796
I don't know why I expected any endgame content. As soon as I finished the game I felt disappointed. Also expected a fight with standard Ganon.
>>
>>371190608
Oh yeah theres also that.
I think this is the first time in the series that the final villain is just a monster with no dialogue.
At least the only I can remember, not counting Majora Mask.

And why the fuck does the game create a cleared data anyway? I bet it changes nothing.
>>
File: botw_normal_end.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>371185796
>Omedatto!
>>
>>371190934
Ganon in TLoZ, Dark Link in Zelda II, and Bellum in Phantom Hourglass also had no dialogue
>>
There really isn't a lot of "main story" content.
>Prologue to get the Paraglider (required)
>Go to Kakariko Village to meet Impa
>Go to Hateno Village to meet Purah
>Go back to Kakariko Village to get the Champion's Tunic
>Find all memories
>Zora quest
>Vah Ruta
>Goron quest
>Vah Rudania
>Rito quest
>Vah Medoh
>Gerudo quest
>Vah Naboris
>Master Sword (minimum 24 shrines)
>Destroy Ganon (required)

But there is a lot of side content and characters to flesh out the world, so it's similar to Majora's Mask in that regard.

Also, I'm using the treasure sensor to search for treasure chests in the Great Plateau and it says there's one right in the middle of the Old Man's house, but there's nothing there.
>>
File: 1467775642909.gif (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
Wait how do you get the True Ending? First I've heard about it.
>>
How exactly do you get the "true" ending?
>>
>>371191536
All memories
>>
>>371191652
>>371191536

Collect all the memories
>>
>>371191806
people actually finish the game without getting all the memories?
>>
>>371191860
this is the modern age where goddamn journalists finish games on easy mode just to get it over with and knock it for being too simple.
>>
>>371191806
>>371191836
Oh. Wait then what happens in the non true ending?
>>
File: 1393391322966.png (2.48 MB, 1920x1080)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>>371185796

yeah they could have used a more impactful ending.

Skyward Sword had a good climax and ending but this game very much delivered the bear minimum.

Also no reward, post-game content, or new game plus for beating it... but I suppose there's still hope in the form of DLC
>>
>>371185796
True ending was odd, because literally all you get out of it is half-assed closure of Zelda being okay with not having all the spiritual stuff down when she smiles and says she can't hear the Master Sword anymore.

Even though I'd say holding back the ultimate evil for 100 years (and somehow not aging) means you were pretty damn well in touch with that holy power.
>>
>>371191860
It's not required to beat the game.
>>
File: 1470301546391.png (836 KB, 862x724)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
Quick describe the most obscure shrine quest you can think of! I have two left to go and I am so fucking tired of running around aimlessly.
>>
>>371191860
Yes, I did the first time.
How the fuck am I supposed to know where the 12th picture is without a guide? It could be literally any forest anywhere.
>>
>>371191959

it just gets cut short after the "do you really remember me?" part.

the real ending (I THINK) alludes to the DLC chapter that's coming out "Va Ruta is malfunctioning" which may lead to a drought that reveals new regions in the lakebed.

I speculate this because there isn't any "incomplete area" for which to cram a dungeon except by draining out some of the lakes.
>>
>>371191959
Same thing with no after-credits
>>
>>371191959
It ends after Zelda asks you if you remember her, the spirits look at you both go away and that's it
>>
>>371192349
Get the one behind the waterfall?
>>
File: DARUK.png (152 KB, 474x266)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>371191076
Congratulations, little guy!
>>
>>371192180
I think it's more like unlike the other Zeldas, she was using her powers nonstop for the past 100 years.

By the end of the game she probably has exhausted all her magical reserves and her last link to her Divine ancestor Hylia.
>>
>>371192349
the one with the lady on the beach in the middle of fuckall nowhere.

also that one random one in the snowy mountains of the south.
>>
>>371192349
The one about casting a shade on the pedestal
>>
>>371192349
Did you get a shrine at Mount Granajh? (south east of Gerudo)
>>
>>371191959
>DO YOU REMEMBER ME, LINK
>the end
>>
>>371191389

If you skip getting the sweater from him it shows up in his house after you get the glider.

The treasure sensor probably thinks there's a chest there that you can't actually access because of that.
>>
>>371192406

Ask the painter guy.
>>
>>371192907
What painter?
>>
>>371192435
There's a mountain in the west edge of gerudo highlands that's named but won't let you go any further
>>
>>371192528
In the Lanayru Promenade? Yes.

>>371192608
>the one with the lady on the beach in the middle of fuckall nowhere.
Yes, that was my most recent I think.

>also that one random one in the snowy mountains of the south.
Is that the same as >>371192632 and >>371192646?
If so, yes.
>>
>>371191389
Pro tip: Get on top of the Old man's house.
>>
>>371192406
theres an npc that tells you were almost all the memories are
>>
>>371192972
fuck off

If you honestly haven't come across that dude then what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>371192993

for what it's worth, there's also islands that can be seen further east of eventide island that can't be reached.

Nintendo can be such teases sometimes.
>>
>>371192812
That sucks, but thanks. It's similar to when you kill Molduga and it drops a treasure chest or two. Even if you open both chests, your sensor will still draw you to them.

>>371192972
Pikango. He hangs out in a lot of stables and will tell you about picture locations.
>>
>>371191860
I beat ganon at 50 hours with only 2 divine beast, because you can play however you want, the true ending took me 120H+ because i don't focus at all on the main story i just found it by accident.
>>
>>371192972
The one that gives you the Fairy Shrine quest in Kakariko village.
He will appear in different places and give you hints to where the memories are.
>>
Difficulty curve gets really weird. The start is kinda hard but nothing you cant handle Middle is a good for a long stretch of time. Then you hit a wall where NOTHING challenges you. Guardians are really easy to perfect parry, lynels are incredibly easy to perfect dodge for a flurry (followed by timestop to hurt them even more), etc.

I hate the flying guardians though, I always misdjudge their speed and distance when trying to hit them as they fly by
>>
>>371192180
Well it also carries the implication that Link and Zelda are going to fuck like rabbits
>>
>>371193063
I did but there's nothing on it, just the Korok.
>>
File: 1489893782165.png (664 KB, 776x872)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>371185796
Yeah the normal ending would be a bit abrupt.
However I liked it and the true ending.

Story was focused around Zelda more than anyone and cause I got fond of her throughout the game, I found closing off her chapter with coming to terms with herself was a good send off.

Between that smile and symbolism of the flower, I found it neat.
>>
>>371192406

talk to the painter guy at the stables and he fills you in for all of them.

some are still difficult once you get the general region and will take up to an hour to match.

I did them all without guides and in retrospect I should have just used a guide for some of the more annoying ones (Hyrule Castle and the one on the mountainside of Eldin took me FOREVER)

But yeah, for the sake of proving that it's possible without a guide - it is.
>>
>>371192406
Doesn't Impa tell you about the secret one? I remember her telling you to look at the painting inside the building she's in.
>>
>>371193529
>However I liked it and the true ending.

I loved the game but I really don't get how you could like either ending. It's the modern abrupt ending approach and it bugs the hell out of me.

Hopefully the DLC expands on it a bit.
>>
>>371193529
Zelda was a stupid, selfish cunt. She hid the slate from link and tried to access the shrines that were meant for him, because SHE wanted the powerups inside them. That's why the stupid bitch wasn't allowed her divine power until it was absolutely necessary.
Zelda is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for fucking up hyrule for a hundred years and sending it to the stone age.
>>
>>371193839
To be fair, if there's any game that's about the journey over the destination, it's this one.
>>
>>371193460
The game is kind of odd in that the purpose is to make Link stronger and therefore Ganon easier. If you go straight to Ganon,
>Have to face all four Blights in a row
>Calamity Ganon has twice as much HP
>You can be beaten in a single hit
>Your stock of good equipment is much more limited
>Minimum stamina

But if you did everything in the game beforehand
>Maximum inventory filled with powerful equipment, materials, and food
>Anywhere from 2 + 2/5 of a wheel of stamina to 5 wheels
>27 to 30 maximum hearts
>Hylian Shield with 90 strength
>Anywhere from 84 to 88 maximum armor defense (28 * 3 or 28 * 2 + 32)
>Indestructible Master Sword that does twice as much damage against Ganon
>No Blight boss rush
>Calamity Ganon loses half his HP right off the bat
>>
>>371192093
Skyward Sword gotta be the only Zelda game where Zelda actually mattered to me.
She actually had personality in that one.
>>
>>371193965
t. Mipha
>>
>>371192349
Did you complete the costelation one yet?
I skipped that one cuz I couldnt be bothered.
>>
>Got like three of the memories just exploring
>Finished all of the divine beasts
>Went on a memory round up before going to Hyrule Castle
>All of that background plot
>By far the most developed Link and Zelda in the series
>Finally in Hyrule Castle after 50+ hours
>That fucking music
>Best fucking final dungeon in the series
>Find the King's journal
>Hear about all of his remorse
>Find Zelda's journal
>All of that begrudging teenage angst
>Renewed vigor to kick the fuck out of Ganon
>Get to final boss
>Starts with an fairly decent 'power of friendship' cutscene attack
>First form is probably one of harder final fights outside of Thunderbird/Shadow Link
>Second form is pathetic, but the presentation and atmosphere is top notch

I'm kind of surprised. I totally understand a lot of the problems people have with BotW, but I don't get all the hate for the story and final segment. I thought it was pretty well done! The only final areas/bosses that really outdo it are WW's (For presentation, the actual fight is pathetic), Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds
>>
>>371193839
Different tastes anon. I don't see any difference between this ending and any other zelda ending aside from maybe Wind Waker because Ganondorf had more developemnt.

I personally don't see what yours and everyone elses gripes with the ending are. I've read the thread, but it seems like there aren't any REAL problems with it, just that you didn't enjoy it for your own reasons.

I guess try not to be a prude.
>>
>>371194475
She quite clearly has a personality in BotW too. Also in WW and Spirit Tracks
>>
>>371194232
My first fight with ganon was super epic because i only did 1 beat.
I found it weird that preparation make the real fight easier and at the same time you are more OP... There is no reason to get OP is whole fight was already stripped out of the difficulty.
>>
>>371193007
The fun one is the gorons challenge with the heat
>>
File: 1489795010055.jpg (536 KB, 928x1313)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>371193839
This >>371194081

Also because my expectations are pretty flat when it comes to video game narrative. I don't know where people, here and other sites, expect solid stories from vidya. Outside of very specific series, that isn't happening.

I liked it because the game narratively was learning about Zelda, her situation, her feelings, and her development as a character. On top of the additional narrative of the effects of Hyrule, all you got from playing and exploring.

In isolation? Yes the ending wouldn't be a traditional, wrap-up ending. But for the final element of Zelda's arc as a character? I loved it. I took it more so as the conclusion of a story arc, but it was just that: the conclusion. Not a closing chapter encompassing the rest of the story.

More closure would have been good but this is the first LoZ actually centred around Zelda. After seeing the memories I copped that and changed my expectations, and got what I expected.

Also I loved Zelda being so flawed. More down to earth.

But I will say yes the story definitely could have done with more love and expansion, definately.

>>371193965
She was a young kid way over her head who wanted to study scholarly texts than play the role of the world saviour.

That was established quickly. Zelda was a deeply flawed character because of her immaturity and inescurities. The whole story is learning how that changed.

>Zelda is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for fucking up hyrule for a hundred years and sending it to the stone age

She knew that too, its not like she was a brainless mary sue. She breaks down over it as well.

It was her fault sure, but the fact we can see the effect on her I thought was good.
>>
>>371194580
Is that the shrine in the Korok Forest where you look at the constellations on the walls, or is there one where you actually have to look at stars in the overworld?
>>
In one of the memories Zelda mention Link's father and how Link is following on his footsteps.
The fuck was up with that?
Has Link ever had a father mentioned before?
I know about uncles but having his parents mentioned is weird to me.
>>
>>371194872
He is the son of a knight of the kings guard. He joined it to follow the family tradition.
>>
>>371194581
the hate is a meme, though no one can deny that final boss was a load of shit. Ending and story wasn't great and the voice acting ranged from decent to pretty bad.

The story segments are a big mixed bag. Everything else is more or less received positively.
>>
>>371194872

This is also the first Zelda game that starts to build itself around the 'timeline'

it makes direct references to Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND STALHORSES

I CAN'T FUCKING FIND THEM IN THE HIGHLANDS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS GODDAMN SHRINE WITHOUT ONE
>>
>>371193529

>that smile

I found it a little too Japanese, and I generally love Japanese things but I think sometimes Japan doesn't realize that they make expressions and have postures that nobody else ever makes.

"Am I kawaii uguu!"

Compared to say the more western expressions of OoT. It's not a big deal but it's a slight cultural peev of mine.
>>
>>371195139
They're pretty much right outside the Northern Labyrinth my man. At night time, obviously.
>>
>>371195083
>though no one can deny that final boss was a load of shit. Ending and story wasn't great and the voice acting ranged from decent to pretty bad.

I don't think they were any worse than in other Zelda games

Zelda has never had a strong final segment, really, as far as story and final boss are concerned
>>
It was far better than Twilight Princess

I don't think anything could be as disappointing as Twilight Princess' finale
>>
>>371195275
I wouldn't say the story was ever really weak in other Zelda games, but always just kind of in the background from games besides MM and OoT.

BotW is the least developed out of any Zelda story so that's likely why. It's not even that bad but it's a chink in the armor.
>>
>>371195139

they're in the northern plains above hyrule castle

just be careful because they die in the sunlight.
>>
>>371195247
shit dude I don't think I can make it all the way back to lanayru in one night fuck
>>
>>371194614
You could technically do some self-imposed difficulty to make it similar to earlier in the game.
>No armor
>No healing
>Only weapons found in the final arena, so no Master Sword or Hylian Shield
>Use the one statue to take away your stamina and hearts
Only problem is the lack of a boss rush and Calamity Ganon only having half his HP.
>>
>>371195236
It was anime as all hell but it was less being japanesey and more being the first time you see the poor girl be happy. She really needed a hug throughout the whole ordeal.

>OoT

Good point but for me, I kind of saw Zelda there a minor step up from Peach. Basic emotions (worry, happiness) but nothing extreme. Though I guess western expressions are more restraint.

Least it wasn't TP Zelda who may as well be cardboard.
>>
>>371195392
out of everything i though TP had a pretty good finale. 4 stage boss fight? Good ending? Cool overview of the cast?

It's arguably the best part of the game.
>>
Only people who were disappointed with the ending didn't understand Zelda's character
>>
>>371195509
Wait what shrine are you talking about? I can't remember one where you need a Stalhorse near Lanayru. I have seen them around the Lon Lon Ranch ruins as well, if that's closer?
>>
So during the final boss I noticed that only the charged thunder and Daruk reflect shield could pierce through Ganon's barrier.
Is there another way or do you really need to finish those divine beasts to beat him?
I know I tried everything else and only those two skills worked.
>>
What did people want? I don't understand the complaint.
>>
>>371195738

Parry the lasers
>>
>>371195509
You can buy a Monster Saddle/Bridle from Kilton which I believe lets you board it at a stable (go for the one in the Hebra Mountains).
>>
>>371195738
You got to reflect his projectiles/laser back at him to break the invincibility shield. That's without the powers.
>>
>>371195740
Arcs more focused around the areas than on Zelda. See >>371195701.

This was pretty much Zelda's story but most people are used to a more broader narrative like Majora's Mask, which does bits and bobs for a number of different characters and wraps it up nicely at the end.
>>
>>371195738

get really good with shield parries

honestly all you need is good timing and lots of metal shields to beat him

bring like 6 faeries and you'll get the timing inevitably, I parry as soon as I see the "flash" from his little megabuster thing.
>>
>>371185796
The story and main quest were kind of underwhelming. I was expecting there to be a lot of story development as you progressed through the main quest. Instead, the story already happened and you're just in the post-climax. It was disappointing to discover all those scenes from the trailer were skippable flashbacks. The story would feel a lot more complete if you got to play through the pre-timeskip.
>>
>No skulltulas or golden skulltula challenge
>No skull kids in the lost woods taking potshots at you
>No redead or gibdos rape
>No massive towering darknuts
>No armos, lack of beamos is acceptable due to stationary guardians
>No deku babas or deku scrubs
>No dodongo
>No Ghoma 2.0
>No wall/floormasters
>No poes
>Not even a motherfucking like-like
ENEMY SELECTION WAS TOO DAMN SMALL
>>
The entire plot and finale is entirely based around Zelda's character. If you liked her development then the ending was pretty good. If you were expecting some world altering climax then I can see why you would be disappointed, but that's not what the story was going for

The final fight was pathetic though. They could have at least made him aim his attacks -at- you
>>
>>371195987
I mean, what would the "after" even be for these side characters? The death of Ganon simply means they can continue their lives in peace. Their arcs close when you complete the Divine Beast associated with their region, which stops the lightning/rain/magma/etc. You can see how everybody feels about it before going after Ganon.

I mean sure they could do a bunch of cutscenes for various side-characters but I don't know what it would even really add. Seems like a waste of energy.
>>
>>371196150
I completely agree, but on the other hand how could they have ever made the story progression work in a completely open world game like this?

I think they did their best with what they had
>>
>>371196176
Deku scrubs get a pass for me because Octorocs are functionally the same thing. I agree with everything else though
>>
>my friend ragequit at the waterblight ganon battle

>only brought one mid-grade bow to the battle

>kept breaking

>"yo fuck this game I don't want to grind for no bows "

>didn't invest in ANY stamina so he kept drowning during the second phase
>>
>Game directly mentions ocarina of time, skyward sword and twilight princess

I'm not sure I like what this means for the series. The timeline thing has always been hamfisted as hell and think the series is stronger without trying to build around it
>>
>>371196280
It just gives more closure, which to be fair, at least in MM, was done quite nicely.

I think the character arcs here were done and dusted ingame once you completed them. Like poor Koko the child in Kokoriko village, or the firefly girl.

But in Majora or OoT, there was always the question "what happens after Majora/Ganon is stopped". Like the sages and so on. Outside of the champions, there was no need as each character had their chapter closed in their respective villages.

Tl:dr: People are used to it from previous games and the narrative being more broad than focused on one character.
>>
>>371196430

You don't even need a bow
>>
>>371196507
It's just a nod and subtle hint at its placement. Not the end of the world.

Wind Waker is full to the brim with OoT references. It's essentially the same thing
>>
>>371194581

Besides the ending, where the origins and purpose of Calamity Ganon are left open ended, and the final fight being pathetically easily, I really like the story and how it was presented. The Guardian's origins could have probably been touched on more too though. It would have been amazing to see Link and Zelda arrive at Castle Town between memories #15 and #16, and watching as the Guardians raze the city.

Fun fact, did you know that the King of Hyrule also has a journal like Zelda's hidden in the castle? In it, he actually regrets all the shit he had been giving Zelda as a father, but knew that he needed to be strict or everyone would die. He actually planned on apologizing to her and being more encouraging after she came back from Lanayru's Goddess Spring. Then Ganon happened.
>>
>>371196507

it'll be fine as long as the game doesn't start putting little graphs and timelines into the story

the timeline really doesn't matter it's more or less just a game for the diehard autists who want definitive answers to everything.
>>
>>371196507
I saw it more as "this happened" reference more than anything. The fans may make you worried but the games seem to just acknowledge them at best and don't make it take centre stage. Thank God for that too.

>>371196430
Waterblight killed me in the first opening moments by one shotting me. Your friend just needs to get better.
>>
>>371196176
>No skulltulas or golden skulltula challenge
Finding Koroks is more enjoyable and there are plenty of them. Skulltulas are like Koroks except you solve every one practically the same way.

Also the reward for 900 koroks is the best piece of satire I've ever seen in a game.

>No skull kids in the lost woods taking potshots at you

It would be cool if there were skull kids in the Lost Woods but they are kind of tied closely to the idea that kids are getting lost in there in the first place. The Lost Woods in this game isn't a place random Hylians are going to end up in any way, it's parked next door to the cursed Castle. The only creatures there are the Koroks and the Deku Tree, which makes sense.

>No redead or gibdos rape
I also would have liked Likelikes.

>No massive towering darknuts
I think the Darknut woudl have been a great enemy to add as well. We do have the champion Yiga guys though, which SORT of feel close. Would be cool to have armored enemies you could slash the armor off of though. At least you can cripple Guardians.

>No armos, lack of beamos is acceptable due to stationary guardians
Armos is kind of meh. It's iconic but fighting it isn't interesting.

>No deku babas or deku scrubs
This is kind of lame, would like to see these but honestly scrubs are just octorok reskins and babas are the shittiest enemy in any Zelda, basically free nuts and sticks.

>No dodongo
>No Ghoma 2.0

Ganon's second form is pretty Gohma-esque, didn't see that coming. I too would prefer more variety in bosses, the fights were mechanically enjoyable but dungeon theming in this game is basically non-existent.

>No wall/floormasters
Dungeons work completely differently now. They could have added this in to make some shrines tougher though, yeah.

>No poes
The one thing I'm mad about. There isn't even a graveyard unless I've missed it. Would have liked to see this.
>>
>>371193439
Oh. Does he stay in Kakariko village until you do that fairy quest? Because I happened to not do that until way after everything else.
>>
>>371185796
The "true" ending was very underwhelming. It almost makes me wonder why they even bothered doing it at all. It didn't even add anything to the narrative.
>>
>>371196951
It finished Zelda's character development. She is happy and content with who she is. Its actually very Ghibli.

For a Zelda ending though, yeah it was pretty abrupt. Dat music doe.
>>
File: 6ac.jpg (684 KB, 976x2879)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>371196150
Truth is this game could have been 10/10 if destroyed Hyrule was a DLC, and the actual game was 100 years ago Hyrule.
I mean all the plot you only see in the memories should have been cutscenes of the present time and destroyed Hyrule was either the ending of the game or a DLC, or better yet a sequel.

Just imagine you play as Link and protect Zelda while she and the other Champions search for the Divine Beasts, and the climax would have been a massive war with Ganon's forces invading Hyrule Castle and everything.
Calamity Ganon being the last boss that you have to beat but he still wins and almost kills Link, then Zelda saves his life putting him to cryo sleep and sacrifices herself to seal Ganon till Link was ready.
Seriously would have made a better game.
>>
>>371192349
The Goron heat resistance one inbetween Nephra Hill and Koukot Plateau that's only available after you've done the Goron Endurance test shrine in Eldin
>>
>>371195139
Buddy, stalhorses don't even have a crown of bone. They're just bone horses. You're way off.
>>
>>371196937

He's in all the stables that contain memories in that zone but he also stays in kakariko
>>
>>371195139
The "crown of bone" is referring to a deer buck
>>
File: 1412791425363.jpg (52 KB, 398x440)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>371196646

yeah that's true WW and MM are some of the best 3D Zeldas and they deliberately mention the timeline.

Only TP is sneaky about it but even then a little deductive reasoning squares away its place in the timeline split.

Skyward Sword is the first in the timeline, Demise is proto-Ganon and Fi marks the beginning of LInk's history with the Master Sword.

Feel kind of weird though how Skyward Sword Link was strangely effeminate personality wise, compared to the later Links who were definitely more masculine. Even BotW trap Link had a masculine personality - he was basically the 80's cartoon wise-cracking Link based on his speech choices.
>>
>>371185796
I may not have loved Ganons final form, but the music might be the best in the series
>>
File: 1834567891023.gif (2.96 MB, 322x172)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>371197310
>>
>>371197363
BotW Link is GOAT, maximum smartass.
>>
>>371197363
I never saw the cartoon but BotW Link seemed like a loveable buffoon behind his silent appearance.

I ran into a Gerudo travelling and when she says she is searching for someone, she replies to Link's speech option "WOAH Slow down there voe!"

Raunchy Link confirmed.
>>
>>371192406
Impa says it's half a day's journey and suggests that it is somewhere you have already been.

It's a field of decayed guardians, by ponds, where you can see mountains forming a vice.

It's very easy to figure out where with those clues.
>>
>>371192349
Just NW of Gerudo tower. There's a pedestal that you have to drop a luminous stone on.
>>
File: hkkh.jpg (214 KB, 696x690)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>get to Hyrule Castle
>the song is a version of Zelda's theme

That felt good.
Also got some cool Castlevania vibes from the Castle.
Might be my favorite "dungeon" in the game, and I didnt even fully explore it yet.
>>
>>371185796
Yahaha, bitch
>>
>>371197673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP_HuD47Wvo

Definitely a throwback to his 80's incarnation IMO
>>
>>371197936
>uunf!
>>
File: 1489636683991.jpg (421 KB, 641x976)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>climb Lanayru
>free the dragon thing at the top
>only reward of note is a spirit orb
This game has serious cases of anticlimactic.

I mean I don't expect a new power but god damn did I miss something or was it just mid/high level loot and a spirit orb?
>>
File: 1421632690806.jpg (194 KB, 517x768)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>371198171
>Oh boy smooching time!

Thank you based anon
>>
>>371197775
Done this one.

>>371197208
This one doesn't sound familiar to me, but I'm blind apparently and can't find Nephra Hill. Am I wrong to assume it's around Death Mountain? Also what's the Goron Endurance Test shrine?
>>
Rivali is a useless cunt.
>Preaches about being better than you in every way
>Fuckin dies to a really easy boss
Gg
>>
>>371197184

I disagree, playing the story in the past would've mean that you'd be starting the game right as the Calamity began. That would have ruined the gameplay at the beginning of the game since it would interupt the flow of plot in order to collect the runes, and most particularly would have made Zelda's backstory non-existant by removing the first 15 memories.

Ask yourself, if you did the game your way, what would you really do before the Calamity? Wander around just searching for Koroks?

I appreciate Breath of the Wild as it is now because as a player, you are seeing this ruined land for the first time and wondering what the hell is going on. Then the memories and events help piece it together. It makes the story mysterious.
>>
Anyone know an area where enemies drop bomb arrows?
>>
>>371198479
They all died to easy bosses.
>>
>>371190934
Play the original game.

Goddamn, did this many people really just skip one of the most well made games of all time? This board is miserably shitty.
>>
>>371198584
Wind boss is the EASIEST one
>>
>>371198647
Water was pretty easy too.
>>
>>371198584
How would people feel about DLC to save the champions?
>>
>>371198379

shooting the dragon gives you scales and horn fragments that are very valuable.

but there's really no way you'd know that until you tried to upgrade Link's blue tunic and it starts asking for them.
>>
>>371198171
Oh lord, I wish this Link was in Breath of the wild trying to fuck Zelda, while King Roam eggs him on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWsej6DzNGQ
>>
>>371193726
>>371197771

Wrong memory, he's talking about the forest one that you have to find in the original 12 pictures.
>>
>>371198756
I think the DLC should be set after the main game.
>>
>>371198474
Its near the Great Plateau, along the road to Gerudo. There's these two huge heated slabs that you have to endure the heat on.

>Goron Endurance Test shrine
May have been the wrong name, but its the one up near Skull Lake where you have to climb a pillar under two minutes while collecting 100 rupees
>>
>>371195467
>BotW is the least developed out of any Zelda story so that's likely why.
I heavily disagree
>>
>>371198918
What about some resurrection or time-traveling bullshit?
>>
>>371198584
Yea, but Revali actually had the tools on him that made Windblight easy (flight and arrows). Mipha didn't have bows or cryosis, Daruk didn't have bombs, and Urbosa didn't have magnesis
>>
>>371198918
I kind of feel like the ending is set up for it.

Hyrule is still mostly a shithole, Link still has the master sword, and he and Zelda are travelling together again. ANd of course they mention there's something wrong with the divine beast.

I wonder if the ending is abrupt for that reason.
>>
File: 1454532378475.jpg (41 KB, 415x367)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>371198625
>play OoT, MM, LttP and TP in prep for BotW
>get LoZ 1
>beat BotW
>try to beat LoZ 1
>think I'm ready for the worst
>3rd dungeon
>locked in room with EIGHT (8) Darknuts
>die more in that one dungeon than I did the entirity of TP
>mfw

DARKNUTS ARE THE DEVIL
>>
>>371185796
wait, is this the normal ending? whats the true ending look like?>
>>
>>371197849
Source on this cute girl
>>
>>371198978

Hell, I'd take just playing through the land of Hyrule 100 years before BotW. I'd love to explore a populated Hyrule Castle.
>>
>>371199350
The true ending is a post-credits scene.
>>
>>371198865

>"go fuck my daughter Link lol"

shit's hilarious

Zelda: "We have to get your body back from Ganon"

Link (ghostly form): "don't tell me you only love me for my body"
>>
>>371199350
True ending is just an after credits scene where Link and Zelda are travelling together again.
>>
>>371199350
Its short but sweet
>>
File: thumbs up.webm (887 KB, 469x431)
887 KB
887 KB WEBM
>>371198928
Oh you mean the GUT CHECK CHALLENGE. Oh shit I have no shrine between Nephra Hill and Koukot Plareau, thank you my man only one more to go.
>>
>>371185796
God, that final "dungeon"-final bossfight-normal ending combo was fucking atrocious.

Is the true ending at least decent?
>>
>>371199220
I can't believe they were not in BotW. They better be in the DLC, or I'm going to knock some heads.
>>
>>371186121
>it's like the bad version of Spirit Tracks' finale
Fucking yikes.
>>
>>371198756
I dunno, I don't think I've ever heard of a dev using DLCs to fix characters's fates. Imagine if you could save Aerith in the new Final Fantasy or save Asriel in Undertale. It just seems unlikely.
>>
What are the true ending requirements?
>>
>>371199598
Watch all twelve memories, return to Impa and then watch the thirteenth memory.
>>
>>371198907
oh, my bad.
>>
>>371199562
Honestly I hate retconning deaths for the most part, but it's not like this game has a super compelling narrative either, so might as well go for a happy ending.

If Zelda had died (as she should have) it would be a different story.
>>
>>371193839
You are just too fucking set on having a giant exposition at the end tell you exactly how everything is going to be that even the slightest hint of ambiguity leaves you feeling blue balled, faggot. All Japanese shit does this. Princess Mononke had even less closure than this game. It's not modern, it just isn't western and you lack the creativity to infer what happens yourself
>>
>>371199535
Yes
>>
File: miphu.jpg (44 KB, 1024x576)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Anyone else wore a red Zora suit to protest forced Zelda shipping in the final battle against Ganon?

Felt like a big FUCK YOU to the devs and to Zelda.

Felt good seeing her spirit one last time while wearing my ceremonial wedding outfit.
>>
>>371199542
They shitted on me in TP, they're shitting on me in LoZ 1. No, I want off the rape train. Lynels already fucked me bloody.
>>
>>371199524
Yea that shrine was my 119/120 too, since I explored that area ages before I got to upper Akkala/Eldin.
Actually said fuck it and looked up a guide because I was killing myself scouring Hebra
>>
>>371199918
Don't kid yourself Mipha is a forced waifu too.
>>
>>371198865

what the heck is the sprite saying at 6:03

Sounds like "especially at the MOOMAGEEHEEE!!!"
>>
>>371192349
did you get the orb sitting next to Impa in Kakariko? You have to do all other quests in town first
>>
>>371199773
Maybe you'd have a point if the game had even a semblance of an interesting story before the ending like OoT, Majora's Mask, WindWaker, or even Skyward Sword.

Sadly the story was pretty much non-existent so I was expecting a little more exposition for the ending. Like I said, nothing is set in stone and the DLC may fix it.
>>
>>371199918
This romance is so much better narrative-wise than LinkxZelda

should be canon
>>
>>371199952
At least Lynels are balanced by how they stagger and become mountable with headshots.
>>
File: zelda.jpg (347 KB, 1500x801)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>371196176
DEFEND THIS
>>
>>371199773
Not him but to be fair, OoT and MM had some closure. Not much but some. This one had zilch outside of for Zelda so I get his point.

I'm a big Ghibli fan though so I'm used to BotW's abruptness. Ocean Waves was the worst for it.
>>
>>371195558
that's pretty much how the world record speedruns do it
>>
>>371193965
She didn't want the powerups inside though you pleb, she felt she needed them. And Link already had his divine power (the sword) so why would she have thought to have him use it. She was a student of archaeology and history and as such her using the slate made the most sense.

And she wasn't allowed her divine power out of necessity. She was allowed her power out of love. When Link, the man she loves, was in mortal peril, the goddess within her awoke to protect him (keep in mind actual goddess took on a mortal form to be with the hero she loved).

The Zelda in this game was the most fleshed out Zelda in the series, and watching her development as a character was really nice. Plus, seeing the exact moment she fell in love with Link was neat.
>>
>make one of the best open world rpgs ever
>give zero shits about main plot, cutscenes and characters in general

Jesus Christ this confuses me so much.
Literally WHY would you do that?
Its like the entire fucking team focused only on the open world and two or three people discussed the main story in like 5 minutes.
They were THIS close to make the perfect Zelda game, complete with massive explorable world and cool story, but no.

I would understand if the plot itself was shitty but that wasnt the case. There was barely any story at all!
How hard is it to make cutscenes to develop characters and story? OH GOD THE LACK OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!
DOES ANYONE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE RITO VILLAGE? ABOUT THE BIRD CHAMPION?
You can literally ignore the entire villages and skip directly to the Divine Beasts if you want.

In Gerudo City you could get Riju's Thunder Helm by helping the citizens with their problems.
Why isnt that obrigatory? And for all main villages? What the fuck Nintendo
>>
>>371185796
NINTENDOOMED HAHAHAHA

SELL YOUR SWITCH FOR PS4 BOYS
>>
>>371193965
Congratulations you got the fucking point.
That's what the memory with the King in it is all about.
>>
>>371200141
I don't care about balance, when I went on a murder spree in Hyrule Castle, I banished the Lynels to the fifth dimension. Teach those fuckers to push my shit in.
>>
IT'S BECAUSE THERE'S DLC
WHY AREN'T YOU PEOPLE GETTING THIS, THE ANSWER IS THAT EASY AND THAT BAD
IT'S BECAUSE THERE'S DLC
>>
>>371194581
I sincerely hope that Nintendo uses Hyrule Castle as a baseline for dungeon design in future Zeldas. They could easily expand on it and make it a bit more locked down, but exploring that place, finding secret passageways, bombing somewhat cleverly-hidden destructible walls, the lynel encounters in the gatehouses that locked when you entered, they all struck a chord with me and showed me how it's possible to recreate the LoZ 1 dungeon feel with levels that are difficult not because of puzzles, but because of the scores of enemies inside them.
>>
>>371200141

there's a lot of ways to handle the lynels

headshots are good but also backflipping over their sword swing combos is pretty easy. The main way they generally get damage on you is when you're attacking when they're attacking.
>>
The concept of the memories was cool at first but the narrative loses a lot of impact when you aren't personally experiencing it.
>>
>>371200225
I am guessing the Yiga cutscene is when she fell in love?

>inb4 stop being autistic
I am not autistic. Just retarded
>>
>>371200081
Yup, took me fucking forever to realise you had to talk to someone specifically at night to get their quest though.
>>
>>371200316
this game has an insane amount of detailed villages compared to every other zelda are you retarded?

in the history of zelda theres only been 2 detailed cities, and they were less detailed than the biggest in botw like gerudo town: Just Clock Town and windfall island.
what happens when you look at secondary towns in other zeldas?

heres the points of interest in Dragon Roost Island for the rito town of wind waker:
>Postman minigame
>Prince Komali
>Rito Chieftain
and thats literally it. 3 npcs with any interaction in a single room

meanwhile breath of the wild has:
>Goron City
>Tarrey Town
>Zora's Domain
>Korok Forest
>Gerudo Town
>Rito Village
>Kakariko Village
>Hateno Village
>Lurelin Village

oh, and then it has 15 (FIFTEEN) stables on top of that
and each stable has more points of interest than an entire village in wind waker LOL
>>
>>371200510
There also clearly weren't enough of them focused on the champions.
>>
>>371200081

oh shit I totally forgot about that damn orb.

I also didn't get the shield of the all seeing eye, my friend got it but he won't tell me how he got it.
>>
>>371186121
Okay, wtf was wrong with Spirit Tracks?
The ending was really well made and everyone just continued with their lives. If you are talking about the battle it was pretty mediocre but not bad
>>
>>371200752
imagine everything that made the zelda series good
now imagine removing all that
and replacing it with a train riding simulator
>>
File: cucked.png (1.02 MB, 1500x801)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>371200158
oh, I have some of these I made last night
>>
>>371195740
People want Link to go with that inhuman, cuckquean, fish instead of the best Zelda
>>
Revali's Gale is now ready.
>>
>>371200326

>implying my PS4 isn't collecting dust waiting for Final Fantasy 15 content
>>
File: fetish.png (1.02 MB, 1500x801)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>
>>371200113
You are actually insane aren't you? What the fuck do you want an hour long cutscene telling you what happened for the next 10 years? The point of the game was to destroy Ganon and save Zelda. Along the way you can choose to learn more about yourself and her since you are an amnesiac and then you have a rapport at the end about how her character arc came to a close.

This isn't some ME3 situation where the ending fucks over 3 games culmination of RPGing. The game's ending has a clear point to how she is saved and they are going to work to bring things back to their former glory.

>>371200168
What closure did OoT have? You beat Ganon and then go back and time and see Zelda. How is this any different than that?

>>371200113
I love Skyward Sword, but you can't tell me how the True Ending is any different than that ending. You stay on the surface with Zelda.

>>371200804
So you actually have no argument with the ending. Because in the real world it wraps up in a rather neat manner.
>>
File: link pregnant.png (1.02 MB, 1500x801)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>
>>371200134
>This romance is so much better narrative-wise than LinkxZelda

What? Not it's not

You get to see Zelda's outward disdain for Link meshed up against her natural teenage angst, wacth as she starts to tolerate him, culminating in seeing him with new eyes after he saves her life. You even get a look at her diary where you realzie she never disliked him asn was just too awkward to express herself because she's 16 and that's how 16 years olds are

Mipha and Link's relationships is just "I like you because" and then she dies. The end
>>
File: reaction to link.png (1.02 MB, 1500x801)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>
>>371200879
ravioli ravioli your bow sucksioli
>>
>>371200752
I liked how you controlled both Link and Zelda for the final fight.
>>
>>371200916
Skyward Sword has a large cock fetish or what?

>BotW

That is point for point perfect. Well done.
>>
File: zelda response.png (1.2 MB, 1500x800)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>
>>371200848
kek
>>
>>371200959
>What closure did OoT have?
The post game celebrations of all the characters and seeing the Sages. As well as seeing Link go back to warn Zelda. Zelda sending you back to your present time too.

Its not comprehensive but its closure.
>>
>>371200710
You're reaching by bringing up the stables. They're all copy pasted with a few NPCs that have fetch quests at best.
>>
>>371201020
>Mipha and Link's relationships is just "I like you because" and then she dies. The end

Backstory was there anon. She loved him and was his childhood best friend. That and planned to propose to him and made the zora armour as a gift of engagement.

I found it sad.
>>
>>371200710
Twilight Princess had pretty detailed cities, even if there were only like 3.
>>
>>371200710
I wasnt talking about the villages themselves but about the characters.
Theres no need to talk to any of them besides one or two.
And none of the characters related to the main story are ever developed, they just exists and you talk once or twice to them.
You have no reason to like or dislike them, they are just objects.
>>
>>371201085
>>371200916
>>371201029
>>371200972

MORE! MORE ANONS MORE
>>
>>371185796
The game gets shorter with each area.
>Zora Quest
>Trek through raining land so climbing there is difficult. Path is filled with strong enemies. One there you have to do the Lynel quest to get some shock arrows
>Gerudo quest
>Have to trek out to the bazaar to get the Gerudo gear, then talk to Gerudo boss
>Goron quest
>shitty stealth mission
>Rito quest go to chief, go to flight range, right into the dungeon

Not to mention that fucking ending.
>Save all of the Divine Beasts like you're supposed to do
>Game """rewards""" you by chipping off fucking half of Ganon's HP. Final fight just involves parrying lasers and striking him
>Suddenly turns into beast ganon for no reason. Unlike TP and OoT when they made a big deal out of him turning into a beast
>Lol, he's given up on his resurrection so now he's the ultimate malice form!
>Game concludes with a """battle""" that involves waiting for giant gold circles to appear before shooting them while Ganon barely tries to hurt you
>>
>>371200916
Ocarina should have the crossdressing. TP should have.. hypnotism and femdom.
>>
>>371198756
DLC should be set after the game. The champions are dead, leave them dead. Mipha no longer has a place now that Link loves Zelda, Daruk is better living on as a hero inspiring the young ones, same with Urbosa, and I wouldn't save Ravioli if I could, useless fucking faggot.

I would love the DLC to expand into the western border of the land mass upon which Hyrule exists, and have it be fucking Termina with a giant clock town and Ikana castle as the main dungeon
>>
>>371201349
how many interactive quests / vendors were there in zora's domain or kakariko or even hyrule castle town? they were as barren as the overworld, just superficial eye candy

>>371201205
but they still have more to do than a normal zelda town like dragon roost island
they have unique npcs with their own daily schedule who react to the rain, multiple quest givers and 1-2 vendors each
>>
>>371195120
Also Wind Waker, three of the divine beasts are named after OoT sages but the Rito one is named after Medli.

That said, aren't Twilight Princess and Wind Waker in different timelines?
>>
>>371200710
Also you mentioned Wind Waker which is another shitty Zelda game with empty world but at least that one had more character development than BoTW.

Trying to be clear what I'm saying is whats the point of having characters help you in the main story if you never develop them or even try to make players care about them?
They are no better than the fucking tools you use.
>>
>>371198379
A lot of the higher level shrines have it for the puzzle is outside of the shrine itself
>>
>>371201494
>And none of the characters related to the main story are ever developed, they just exists and you talk once or twice to them.
>You have no reason to like or dislike them, they are just objects.

you mean besides the part where zelda and the king are both given characterization from memories and ingame dialogue, then given depth and complexity from their diaries?

you're given plenty of reason to like and dislike them then like them again.
>>
>>371201820
is BOTW some kind of convergence point
>>
>>371201820

That's just a reference

OoT, SS and TP have their events directly mentioned
>>
>>371202075
developers don't give a shit about timeline
>>
>>371192349
How about the shrine that requires arrows in order to complete? If you've already done it then you know which one I'm talking about.
>>
>>371201859
I wish I was as bitter as you
>>
>>371200972
I think BoTW is supposed to be a pessimist, as in the game she constantly wonder abour hers and Link powers.
>>
>>371192349
The one in the very northwest part of the map miles away from anything living. In order to unlock it you need to.

>Find a small pool of water on your map that's nowhere near where the beacon is beeping
>Setup 2 cryonis pillars in said pool
>Go up the hill to find some snowballs
>Push a snowball down the hill, have it skid across the pillar and crash into a stone door
>Which gives you access to a cave with a shrine and one of the leviathan bones

Actually, the Hebra region in general is full of "fuck you beacon" shrines.
>>
>>371196416
Mountain octorocs and Mulduga both cover the dodongo role pretty well
>>
>>371200316
>Why isnt that obrigatory?

Because it would be against everything this game was trying to be.

Heres the thing, its IMPOSSIBLE to tell a coherent and well developed storyline, without holding the player's hand to some degree. You can try, but you will fail.

To have a story with a beginning, a middle and a end in a videogame, the developer must be 100% sure the player will be able to interact with every single piece of the story in the right order, to avoid confusion. In a game like this, were the player have total freedom to engage with the storyline as he pleases, you have to keep the story as simple as possible, because trying anything much deeper, would led to total non sense.

Storyline wasn't the main focus of the team, Aonuma himself admitted that. The focus was exploration and player agency, and the storyline inevitably suffered because of this.
>>
>>371192349

The island where you have no gear was goat.
>>
>>371201029
>"BoTW: He probably forgot all about me. A-And Mipha was way cuter than me so..."

Fixed BOTW Zelda.
>>
>>371195880
>>371195786
>>371196082
>>371195738
You can also use flurry rush after dodging his attacks.

That said, is there anywhere else in the game where parrying is a better alternative to dodging besides reflecting lasers to Ganon and the guardians? I always found that the opening parry creates isn't as good as flurry rush. Besides it's harder to pull off. I think the only other moment I used it was Thunderblight Ganon cause I couldn't get the timing to dodge right.
>>
>>371202195
Jesus that took me fucking forever to do. Not only finding the damn entrance, but then I completely forgot about cryonis and was trying all sorts of wacky shit to get the snowball across the puddle.
>>
I wish more shrines had clues. Hebra region especially.
>>
>>371185796
that dress makes me feel like Zelda is pregnant.
>>
You know what I kinda missed in the game? A male Gerudo. It would have been interesting to have a good aligned one since the other male Gerudo in the series is Ganondorf.
>>
Am I the only one that was disappointed that Link did not talk? I get he's supposed to be an "empty" vessel for the player, but lets be honest, throughout cutscenes he shows character as well with the dialogue options outside of cutscenes, so why is it they refused to give him a voice. As it is now, the cutscenes play out extremely weird. Especially when Zelda asks something and he just stands there and both look at each other while he makes some faces.
>>
>>371201576
>he's given up on his resurrection so now he's the ultimate malice form!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I FORGOT ABOUT THAT
Is that supposed to mean Ganon isnt going to ressurect again? Because thats a HUGE thing to mention for such a anti climatic final boss and ending.
>>
>>371200403
I agree, I think it is the best dungeon in the series. I love how you can actually enter it from different ways too.
>>
>>371202662
>but then I completely forgot about cryonis
sort of related, I broke like 4 bows shooting the ice blocks out of the sky during the portion where you ride Sidon around the Divine Beast elephant, because I didn't realize I could just break them with the cryo ability. I saw the similar symbols and marks on them, but it didnt click until the very end.
shooting those things out of the sky was fun, though.
>>
>>371200589
Yup. They actually got the emotion spot on in that scene. Her expression, the timing of her breath, the delicate piano playing of the theme. Best memory hands down. And when she saves Link with her Triforce is when she comes to accept her love for him. Shit, you can see how content she is when she goes to tell the Deku Tree to tell Link that she loves him but the Deku Tree tells her that it would be better coming from her.
>>
>>371202846
no, it means his immediate resurrection was thwarted, not his eventual resurrection
its the same plot device as the oracle series:
>ganon is trying to be reborn into the world in a new physical body
>link interrupts the process
>ganon is reborn as a deformed early abomination only at partial strength
>gets banished again and his return is averted, but he still exists in exile
>>
>>371202846
True ending says

>banished FOR NOW

But it does mean the likely death of a certain Gerudo. We actually saw him in the spider form. The skull was modelled after the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, beard and all.

>>371202817
Gerudo town would be off limits due to constant breeding.

>>371202843
Go check Zelda's Diary in Hyrule Castle. Its explained surprisingly well.
>>
File: AngrySpiffyGallinule2.webm (2.89 MB, 1200x675)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>371203120
you can also freeze the ice blocks with stasis so the other ice blocks collide with them
works against waterblight ganon too
>>
I love how Skyward Sword is the complete opposite of Breath of the Wild.

>SS had shit exploration but amazing story and characters, as well as cool dungeon designs that used all the gimmick tools you collected
>BOTW has all the exploration you could ask for but shitty almost non existent story, characters and dungeons

Its even more clear if you compare the final bosses in both games.
>>
>>371202846
I took it as "hes given up on assuming a physical form for the moment, he'll be back at it later"
>>
>>371203120
Same happened to me. Exdept that I only found out about the intended strat once I faced calamity ganon.
BTW still love that it works with bows too. This goes to show that they took a lot of playstyles into consideration. I bet it would work with bombs to, even though it would be very tedious and easy to mess up.
>>
>>371203360
God I remember trying to shoot shit at them for ages and running out of arrows. Dived into the water to "dodge" the ice blocks and was mowed down. Was absolutely terrifying. First time I legit panicked in a Zelda boss fight.
>>
>>371201030
His bow is the only good thing about him. 3 shots, pretty decent damage, good range, and looks really good. Sure, Lynel bows are better but it isn't bad
>>
>>371203167
Mipha even tries to tell her that she needs to think about the person she loves to use her power in the east lanayru promenade memory, but gets cut off.
>>
>>371202124
My point exactly, the Zora lore things mention the divine beast is named in reference to Ruto, so it's safe to assume the Goron's and Gerudo's are named after the sages as well. But then we have Medoh so I dunno what to make out of it since Wind Waker happened on a different timeline from Twilight Princess, which is also referenced by Zelda in that one memory.

The timeline was a mistake.
>>
>>371197184
>>371198497

They should have removed the whole plot of Link and Zelda failing 100 years ago. Too much story takes place as backstory.

Basically, keep the story mostly the same with hyrule and the four champions failing to stop Calamity Ganon, but Link and Zelda never existed during that period. Instead, the royal family fled hyrule castle while being escorted by a few knights.

Present day, Link and Zelda grow up in a small hidden village far away from the castle 100-200 years after calamity ganon; Link is the descendent of one of the knights while Zelda is a descendent of the royal family. Links's mission is to repair the divine beasts and help Zelda awaken the triforce.
>>
>>371202750
Maybe she is, Link's certainly had a history of tapping that.
>>
>>371203296
there was a diary? I thought I went through the castle extremely thoroughly, but now I just realized I did not find the cooking book either.
>>
File: 1465863616176.jpg (427 KB, 800x800)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>371203360
my god, this game just keeps giving alternate ways of doing things
>>
>>371201339
You found it sad because you relate to the whole "awkward, unrequited and unrealized love" thing. She is just Ruto except not as confident
>>
>>371201349
TP had my least favorite cities in the series. The towns were deader than even the OoT towns as every single NPC was completely static and there was no movement, and the city felt like the Twilight Zone because out of all the people there you could talk to maybe 12 and of those 12 you could have a meaningful conversation with half.
>>
>>371197184
Your idea is interesting but I think the way they did the game is the better option.

Also
>Seal Ganon till Link was ready

Link WAS ready, Zelda wasn't.

Link had already awoken his Triforce but Zelda didnt until it was too late.

Courage cannot defeat Power alone, it needs the help of Wisdom.
>>
Why are her hands clutched like that and why are they so close to her bosom?
>>
>>371203696
Yes one of the king and two of Zeldas. One for her experiments and research, the other her feelings.

>>371203719
Kind of. I found it sad cause unlike Ruto, it was kind of fleshed out. They had history and Mipha had made a proposal gift for him rather than nonchantly give Link a proposal ring as a kid just for laughs.

But yes it was because of the unrequited thing. I wish I could relate ;_;
>>
>>371203360
I did not know waterblight even had that attack. As soon as he went into that phase I just shot is eye whenever he wasn't stunned.
>>
>>371202247
Except a good storyline would not sacrifice the freedom of the player at all as you can fight the last boss and finish the game whenever you want.
>>
>>371201859
>WW
>More character development than BotW

lol. Please nigger, Tetra remains the same until magically she becomes Zelda and then has a complete character turn around. That isn't development. Everyone else stays the exact same throughout the entire game. Further, the characterization in the game is weak as shit, especially Dorf

>but muh wind

Shitty characterization that makes no sense juxtaposed against both his actions in the game and the series as a whole.
>>
File: IMG_0533.png (512 KB, 800x598)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>371203387
The absolute worst part about this is the fact that BotW will recieive GOTY and will be the signal for Nintendo to never make another traditional Zelda ever again.
>>
>>371204053
Its a traditional praying posture.
>>
>>371198379
>find labyrinth
>use revali's gale near the shrine to get on top of it
>trial and error each side of it until you find the right entrance
i don't know what they were thinking with this ability, it ruins all sense of adventure and effort
>>
>>371204176
Not nessecarily. They could do another traditional 2D entry.
>>
>>371204176
Just like OoT was considered amazing and they never made anything that deviated from it ever.

wait, shit.
>>
>>371204176
>BoTW gets praised as best Zelda ever
>Nintendo takes that as a sign to never bother with story again, just make an open world and people will eat anything

Knowing Nintendo that might really happen.
I feel like Zelda is going to change just like what happened to Resident Evil.
>>
>>371202180
Sounds vaguely familiar but I'm not certain, care to elaborate? At 119 now, getting excited.
>>
How would you feel about story DLC, in which Zelda sends Link to Termina after getting word that 99% of people there disappeared? The whole game would be 2spoopy
>>
>>371203579
In the same scene Mipha also sees Link staring intently at Zelda. Mipha knew that Link loved Zelda and Zelda loved Link
>>
>>371204176

Good

BotW is far closer to a proper than Zelda than WW, TP or SS ever were
>>
>>371204319
I mean you could just climb to the top too if you wanted to. They're not all that high.

Most fun I had was the Akalla dungeon, because I went in without having the region tower, and therefore no map. Made it much more fun than the Hebra labyrinth (which I did somewhat normally) and the Desert Labyrinth (in which I accidentally stumbled into the shrine ten seconds after falling down a random hole).
>>
>>371204468
They did deviated with WW, realized it was a bad decision, and went back again with TP.
>>
How to fix BOTW's ending:
When Zelda seals away calamaty ganon the huge yellow power ball does not implode but explodes and envelopes her. Link get's knocked away pretty far by the blast. As he stands up he realizes Zelda is lying on the floor and not moving. He runs up to her and realizes she died as he did a century ago. He looks at her with pain in his eyes and then picks her up. He brings her to the shrine of resurrection. End game here with the implication that they never were meant to share a lifetime together.
When she'll awake Link will be long dead or at least old as fuck. DLC takes place in restored Hyrule and you play as the grandson of Link who has access to all of his grandpa's gear. It is revealed that Paya is his grandmother and now the leader of the sheika. Link Jr. Jr. gets to go on advantures with Zelda as a new threat arrives in Hyrule.
>>
File: zelda_mad.png (630 KB, 870x608)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>>371200848
Botw Zelda would not react like that
>>
File: 1485403014551.jpg (20 KB, 600x595)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
HOW THE FUCK DO I REARRANGE ICONS ON THE SWITCH HOME MENU, THIS IS MESSING WITH MY OCD HARD.

REEEEEEE
>>
>>371204098
They had history you imputed onto them. Consider it this way, when you see Ruto in the water temple, Ruto and Link also had "history", but that history is pretty one sided. And Ruto didn't give it to Link "just for laughs". Even though she was a kid, as this game demonstrates, she was probably old enough to understand the gravity of the situation.

Are you saying you've never had feelings for someone that didn't feel the same way, anon?
>>
>>371204468
>Was the first 3D Zelda game
>Introduced a lot of revolutionary crap that is still used in the basis of gamemaking today
>Still had the standard Zelda coventions (Dungeons, exploration, etc.)

>BotW has just taken mechanics from other games and slammed them together. Some worked, others didn't
>Dungeons and other Zelda conventions got thrown to the wind
>Has a lot of noticeable issues with it
>Normies are ranting and raving as if it were the second coming of Christ
>Nintendo has proven time and again they care more about the normies than their actual fan base.

Face it; the chance of us ever getting another standard Zelda game are slim to none :(
>>
>>371203719
Mipha is Saria with some Ruto
>>
>>371204176
>The absolute worst part about this is the fact that BotW will recieive GOTY
good
>and will be the signal for Nintendo to never make another traditional Zelda ever again.
good
>>
>>371203980
This
>>
are the first 4 phases of calamity ganon that happen if you didn't do any of the divine beasts just the divine beast bosses,or their own thing entirely?
>>
>>371204619
Opinion ain't necessarily fact.
>>
>>371204725
That's the point I'm making. The first mainline zelda game they made after OoT, which was a success, was something that wasn't really like OoT at all. Therefore, I don't know what Nelson Mandella guy is worried about.
>>
>>371204586
Seeing Termina as some huge open world, which would hopefully be connected (maybe across the giant rift) to Hyrule, and seeing Clocktown in all its glory, would be amazing
>>
>>371204967
seeing how slow zoras age she's a pedophile. Seriously she must have been forty when Link was born. Seing how one of the small "girls" in Zora town is over 20 years old.
>>
>>371204172
Dude I hate Wind Waker but Link, Tetra/Zelda, King and Ganondorf got more development than any character in BoTW did.
Not saying WW had a lot of character development, just that the barely development it had was still more than BoTW.
>>
>>371205039

>Zelda was about exploration and secrets
>3D games turned it into a puzzle-per-room linear, narrative driven adventure game
>People get made when they bring back the root of the series

I hope we don't go back to just another TP or SS, what would be awful
>>
needed more shots of zelda's sexy feet in those sandals.
>>
File: bird.png (90 KB, 250x250)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
Don't be shy, you don't have to be afraid to admit that you like me.
>>
>>371205234

There's no Link or Zelda in the series as developed as BotW Link and Zelda
>>
>>371200848
This pic is dumb cuz only BoTW Zelda gets cucked by Mipha.
The other ones would have no opinion in the matter.
>>
>>371205234
And I love Wind Waker but that's not true. BotW Zelda definitely has more development.
>>
File: benis.png (20 KB, 800x750)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>4 mighty bananas
>monster extract
>mfw 30 minutes high-level attack boost
>>
>>371202512
it disarms lower level enemies so you can take their weapons.
>>
>>371204967
Not in the childhood context no. Otherwise I'd say 99% of /v/ could reply yes.

>>371205074
>Saria

No one compares to best OoT Girl!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (108 KB, 741x1145)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
I don't like it. Here is why. This review contains spoilers.
>>
>>371205234
Then you're an idiot because Zelda in this game alone got more development than all the characters you listed combined. You literally get to watch Zelda suffocate under the pressure of being a hero, fall in love with her appointed knight, open up to him, realize her goddess powers defending him, and finally come to terms with being her own person instead of just the goddess incarnate. That one character overshadows everything in WW, including >muh wind
>>
the lategame is probably BOTW's weakest aspect. i'm just doing scavenger hunts for shrines and sidequests now. i wish at the very least the blight ganons would scale up in difficulty depending on the order you beat them.
>>
>>371205136
exact same fight, except in a different arena
the fights are more interesting in their respective arenas
>waterblight ganon lets you make cryosis pillars
>thunderblight is fought on the spinnable platforms
etc
>>
>>371204176
Oh no!
How will ever do without another Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess OOT clone!
>>
>>371205582
How does that compare to TWW Ganondorf's character arc which spans two games and thousands of years in-universe?
>>
>>371205136
The former anon.

>>371205216
In media and the non legal case situations and outright sexual exploitation, it is genuinely considered OK when an older woman is "motherly" towards a younger guy. 27 year old woman going for a 15 year old guy? Grand

Opposite? Weird, worst case criminal
>>
File: 6545464.jpg (13 KB, 390x260)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>that moment when you realize whatever new secret you find next in the world will be either another Korok or a shrine

I feel like I'm disliking this game the more I play.
Stopped exploring ruins and shit because I already know what I'm gonna find...
>>
>>371205727

the game is pure magic for the first 20 hours. the last 20 hours are basically just fast travelling and checking off items on a list.
>>
>>371205372
>losing to the easiest boss
>can't even use the excuse of not being properly equipped

g fucking g you scrublord,

I'm a better archer than you too, fuckboy, your bow tells me so every time I let loose the string
>>
>>371205727
Yahaha______________
File: 1487377779978.jpg (590 KB, 548x813)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
How often do Silver Lynel drop Star Fragments?
>>
>>371205386
>>371205582
ONLY ZELDA gets any development.
So what? Thats ONE character.
Every other 3D Zelda has more relevant characters.

And yes Wind Waker has more character development.
BoTW has ONE.
>>
>>371205727

they made the world too fucking big, simple as that.
>>
>>371205685
Not him but TWW Ganondorf was good but was only a slight complimentary expansion to an already established character. The wind speech for example but he was still a power hungry villain who sought the triforce.

Zelda in Botw had full characterization, more so than I'd say any individual Zelda character in any other game. It technically was a brand new character, as its not the same Zelda we knew from previous. Ganondorf was just Ganondorf with a bit more self awareness being his key point.
>>
>>371195467

Id like to remind you that Both Links Awakening and Phantom Hourglass made you fight an evil spirit that does evil for nog apparent reason finishing off with "it was all a dream"
>>
>>371205381
it was just a request someone had, don't get buttflustered.
>>
>>371192349
Look for a destroyed house in the cold area of Wasteland and read the diary.
>>
>>371205727
>find a well with a ball chained to it
>nope
>>
File: Ganondorf.jpg (155 KB, 854x936)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>371205947
Why was Link and Zelda invited to go karting but not Ganon?
>>
>>371205957
Wind Waker is top-tier story and soundtrack wise

and Ganondorf's development in WW alone destroys Zeldas in BoTW (and it's more than the Ganondorf's a good guy meme) unlike Zelda, ganondorf's characterization is actually subtle.
>>
>>371206092
Link's Awakening continually pokes at you that the whole thing is a dream though, it's not out of left field.
>>
>>371205947
not often enough, savescum for it bby
>>
>>371206208
Karting is for degenerates and kids.
>>
>>371205234
You're confusing character development with time spent interacting with a character. For example: we spent a lot of time interacting with Zelda in Windwaker, but she didn't end up as well developed as BotW Zelda despite more time being spent interacting with WW Zelda.

For example, we pretty quickly get an idea of who Tetra is within a few minutes of meeting her. Despite a lot of interaction with her up until she awakens as the princess, she doesn't really grow during that time. You didn't learn anything new about her on the ship (beyond some bedroom snooping), through the crystal, or during the bomb heist despite those things taking a lot of time. In contrast, every memory with Zelda involved adds something new or reinforces an important point about her.

>>371205957
>when anon gives up and shits the bed
>>
File: 1490034915857.gif (222 KB, 600x400)
222 KB
222 KB GIF
>>371185796
I'm amazed anyone even got the normal ending on their 1st play through.

I mean, if you're going to drop 60 clams on a game at least make sure you beat the hell out of it you know?
>>
List of major BoTW characters
>Link
>Zelda
>...
>errr...Impa?
>>
>>371206346
Funny thing is I could imagine Ganondorf saying that.
>>
>>371206431
>get normal ending to snap the two pictures of Ganon for your photo collection
>get sent outside of Hyrule Castle after credits
>go to Robbie and get Purah's nudes
>start working towards best ending
>>
Weirds me out how Link was even needed as a hero when Koroks are the clearly superior race.

You climb a huge frozen mountain and find Koroks. You climb a fucking volcano and find Koroks (who, mind you, are made of wood) hanging out by the lava. You walk into Ganon's castle and Koroks are waiting inside. There are a thousand of those little shits and they are everywhere. Had the Deku Tree sent his army at Ganon instead of sitting there right next to the castle waiting for Link this game would've ended a 100 years earlier.
>>
File: oc.png (360 KB, 598x481)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>371206578
>>
>>371206162
Is that the cold shadow one?
>>
>>371206780
Yes
>>
>>371205685
Very favorably, actually. Think about this, Zelda's development is natural and makes sense. Dorf's is out of left field and makes no sense. All throughout the "two games and thousands of years in-universe" we never so much as see a hint of him "coveting those winds". In OoT, where he actually gets power, he does fuck all to help his people realize the same winds he supposedly coveted. No, he raises castle town to the ground, infests the land with giant ghosts, and fucking destroys the only bridge leading from the land with muh wind to the land of his people. He never showed any actual drive to help his people. He never even showed any envy that drove him, he had a mad lust for power, plain and simple. This is corroborated by TP, where he is the exact same. But in WW, inexplicably, he starts monologuing about muh wind, making no fucking sense because we know he would have done nothing. In fact, it is the adult timeline, we know he DID nothing to get that wind for his people. So, completely against his character as established for thousands of years, he now wants to get muh wind for his now extinct people. How does he go about accomplishing this? Kidnapping random fucking girls, not learning from any of his past mistakes, and falling to light arrows and the master sword, again.

The entirety of WW Dorf is some half-assed attempt at making a fleshed out villain but failing miserably because it is so poorly thought out and executed that it feels absurd to anyone with any sort of sense. The people that like WW Dorf are the same people that think the Great Gatsby is the greatest American novel ever written or that think Ayn Rand is a good philosopher and author (when she isn't a philosopher and her "works" barely qualify her as an author)
>>
>>371206653
>>go to Robbie and get Purah's nudes
Is this a reference to an actual quest I'm not aware of?
>>
>>371206738
Found the Korok
>>
this game would be GOAT with a doubled roster of enemies (redeads, darknuts etc) and the world reduced by 50% in size
>>
>>371206534
link
zelda
king daphnes
impa
purah
kass
deku tree
hestu
mipha
sidon
rijo
urbosa
revali
daruk
yunobo
ganon
master kohga

am I forgetting any?
>>
>>371207058
>world reduced in size

literally the best part of the game is how big it is and how much there is to explore
>>
>Mt Lanayru
>neat
>Hebra region
>cool, a region dedicated to snowy mountains!
>Gerudo region
>mfw
Why does this region exist and why does it exist right next to a desert?
>>
>>371206352
No I really meant character development.
For a character to be developed in a story they doesnt exactly need to be interacted with.
Thats what cutscenes are for.
Like it was mentioned before 99% of the cutscenes in BoTW are focused on Zelda, and no one else.
Not counting Link cuz he has no dialogue.
Seriously just think about the 4 champions to understand what I'm talking about.
They are related to the main story and still you are told nothing about them. They just exist to control the Divine Beasts.
Even the optional character Kass was better developed in the game;
>>
>>371207242

most of it is empty space. open fields with nothing of substance and cliffs that take forever to climb.
>>
>>371207356
I find plenty of koroks, rare wild life, and monster hideouts in my time. If you don't like them, that's fair, but saying it's mostly empty space is horseshit.
>>
>>371205458
Didn't know this, thanks.
>>
>>371206921
It's the reward for 100% photo compendium.
>>
>>371192349
The lightning shrine. There are 4 balls, 3 of which are on top of towers. 2 of those you need to golf into the ball receiving area, but that isn't the catch. It is a lightning storm 24/7. Making it near impossible to get ontop of the towers without Revali's gale and near impossible to stasis slam the balls before the lightning strikes and fucking kills you and blows the ball to godfuck know where.
>>
>>371206875
Wrong wrong wrong

Ganondorf is jealous of Hyrule, but he's not a good guy his jealousy is entirely selfish. Think about his wish "give hyrule to me." He wants to possess hyrule, not necessarily make it a better place or help his people, he wants to own it. He is still evil. What's even more selfish about Ganondorf's wish is that it's going to destroy the current society, think about what he says to Link about the current world being pathetic.

Zelda serves as a counterpoint to that because she loves the ocean he is trying to destroy.

What's really interesting about WWdorf is that his goal seems like a good thing (revive hyrule) but is actually still immensely selfish and evil.

It's actually the good guy (Hyrule King) that realizes that Hyrule needs to be destroyed so that the current world can live, completely flipping the usual script.

WWdorf has reasonable motivations and goals while still being evil and that's what makes him a great character, and all of his characterization is done subtly and succinctly , not smashed in with a hammer over and over again like botw.
>>
Is It possible to get all the shrines done without doing any of the divine beasts? I wanna stretch this out forever
>>
>>371205957
All the rest of the characters get imputed character development, which given that you think WW had good character development, I didn't touch upon since you more than likely won't understand it.

The King goes from this proper, uptight, royal jackass to humble servant of destiny. You can read in his journal that he knows he is being harsh but feels he must remain firm to his duty, and you can see in his stint as the old man that he has resigned himself to his fate, knowing that his lot in life is to serve rather than to rule.

Mipha develops in that she recognizes that her love for Link is not reciprocated, and swallows her own emotional inhibitions and goes to tell Zelda to think of Link, the man she knows Zelda loves and the man that she knows loves Zelda, to awaken her power.

Sidon similarly has more nuanced characterization as we can see the usually upbeat and confident prince silently mourn his deceased sister, who he also constantly feels in the shadow of, leading to his need to escape from that shadow by saving his people in an audacious display. The entirety of the Zora, really, develop as they go from hating Link for getting Mipha axed to thanking Link for freeing her spirit.

Naboris displays this tough, unbreakable, exterior only to realize that she too is weak like Zelda and is thankful that she didn't suffer the same trials that Zelda did. We also see a bit of envy for Zelda in her, as she recognizes the greatness.

Even fucking ravioli, that faggot, gets the standard development of having to acknowledge his place in the hierarchy, which he never does explicitly, but eventually resigns himself to accepting.

This is not all the development, but since I know you will either be unable to grasp how these characters develop, refuse to admit they developed because it didn't happen in a cutscene, or just not read this because anything more than a twitter post is too much for, I'm stopping here.
>>
File: 1396003801787.gif (1.45 MB, 288x198)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>371203387
>but amazing story and characters
>>
File: 1487818447242.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>371207553
How many rupees do I need for that
>>
>>371207604
its a shame you can still use stasis to get them on the platform and climb to knock off the one up high, when the intended clever solution is to use the lightning strikes on a metal piece of equipment to launch the ball off a ramp
>>
>>371206947
Ya ha ha!
>>
>>371206653
>Purah nudes

It better be old younger Purah otherwise there will be a van rolling up for Robbie and Lonk's ass.
>>
>>371206431
God I hate Link's face in this

fucking no one can lift their lower eyelids. They don't move unless you're closing your eyes.
>>
>>371204176
>and will be the signal for Nintendo to never make another traditional Zelda ever again
There were a few sequences in this game, like the fight against Vah Ruta with Sidon, that convinced me Zelda changed for the better. I truly hope they build off the framework BoTW created.
>>
>>371205957
WW has no development, save for Zelda, who doesn't really develop so much as magically transform from one character to another. It isn't gradual or natural. It is sudden and forced and conflicts with everything that Tetra is as a character. The king doesn't develop, Link doesn't develop, and Dorf doesn't develop. Dorf also gets the most hamfisted characterization in the series

>>371206257
WW Dorf has no development. He is the same character throughout, he learns no lessons, he changes no aspect of himself, he doesn't even come to recognize aspects of himself he ignored for a while. You are thinking of characterization, which he had, but it was really fucking forced and stupid. It wasn't subtle at all. It was all put forth in the absolutely ridiculous muh wind monologue and makes no sense to his overarching character. WWfags are insufferable. The game did some things really good (atmosphere, artstyle [not Toon Link though, he is shit], soundtrack) but it did a lot very poorly (story in general, characterization of main characters, combat, dungeons, population of overworld, pacing) but you niggers constantly claim it is the best in the series at everything
>>
>>371207282
what was the intention when creating this stock. what is it meant to be used for
>>
>>371192093
>bear minumum

But you can't even ride bears in Skyward Sword.
>>
>>371206738
Deku tree was waiting to give Link and Zelda one last chance to deal with the problem. If they failed again, he was probably going to go nuclear on Hyrule and turn everything into Lost Woods. The real reason Koroks are all over is to prepare for that option
>>
>>371208110
I hope they make a new game out of this like the may made Majora's mask out of OoT.
>>
>>371207604
I'm pretty sure I stasis'd that one, but thinking back would it have been possible to octorok balloon and korok leaf them over?
>>
>>371208278

That sounds.... unexpectedly plausible.
>>
>>371207282
Are you talking about Gerudo Highlands? Deserts are often surrounded by areas of super high elevation that prevent precipitation from reaching the low lands that make up a desert
>>
>>
>>371208080
wow it's almost as if it's a cartoon
>>
>>371208663
And it looks retarded as fuck.
>>
>>371185796
I saw a screenshot of someone playing as Zelda, is that actually a thing?
>>
>>371208278
>>371208557
Sounds good to me.
>>
File: 1410848580878.jpg (73 KB, 630x749)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>371208678
>this cartoon isn't realistic people can't do that
>>
Why don't they just keep the over world and go back to the 8 dungeon formula?
Nobody really LIKES the divine beasts, or the fact you can do them in any order.
>>
>>371208205
How does it make no sense? Ganondorf, always wanted to conquer Hyrule, and he still wants to do that, and you can't conquer Hyrule if it's submerged in water.

His coveted that wind line is just a realization of his motivation behind wanting to conquer hyrule and I don't see why jealousy doesn't make sense as a motivator for his OoT actions. What other explanation is there? I m evil?

He doesn't really grow as a character (he's 2,000 years old) but the characterization we get of him is very interesting.

No denying dungeons and combat are some of the weakest in the series.
>>
File: 1464857118801.jpg (8 KB, 252x244)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>when Kass's song turns into TLoZ main theme
>>
>>371208595
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>371208779
I love that you can do them in any order.

That said I have basically no issue with leaving a dungeon if I don't have everything I need.
>>
>>371207553
OH SHIT

Is it possible to actually view it though?

>mfw i just spent almost 20,000 rupees to fill that shit out
>>
File: 1489789715737.gif (407 KB, 600x400)
407 KB
407 KB GIF
>>371208080
>>
File: 1435194656364.png (192 KB, 501x445)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>371190934
>I think this is the first time in the series that the final villain is just a monster with no dialogue.
God damn this board is shit.
>>
>>371208727
No, you only play as Link.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIgjAM0uh0

It's up. Boss Keys guy's analysis of BotW.
>>
>>371208969
Did you fill the entire thing with 20000 rupees or did you you have it halfway filled? I think I have 20000 rupees to spare.
>>
>>371207821
If you didn't take a single picture of anything in the world? 40,800. You'll most likely end up spending under 10,000 though because around that point you have to go out of your way to find the rest.
>>
>>371208834
>Revali is barely larger than Link
>all other Rito, even the females tower over Link and Hylians
>somehow, they aren't as strong as the little guy
>>
File: 043.png (1.33 MB, 1280x1280)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>371209323
>Kass is the GIGA NIGGA of birds
>he's a bard
>>
>>371209287
I had some of it filled, maybe a bit less than half? It's hard to measure.
>>
>>371202124
The Ocean was actually mentionned by Zelda in her speech too. You just don't hear it well because the Champions talks over it. It's more discernable in the other dubs
>>
>>371209323
Link's stamina goes to shit when he tries to shoot an arrow while falling. He doesn't fly. Imagine a warrior that needs to be constantly flying AND shooting arrows at the same time. It'd require a shit ton of stamina.
>>
>>371198379
It basically tells you what you can do with dragons. That falt like a worthy reward for me.
>>
>>371209303
>>371209497

I took a number of them, I assume 30 something, it wasn't much. But making money is surprisingly easy nearing the endgame but I'm not sure I'm up for the grind.

I'm assuming you can't see the photo, is it worth doing it?
>>
>>371207675
>reasonable motives and goals
>muh wind

Literally all you fagboys ever cling to. His wish is his character - a mad, power lusting, force of evil. What you said about him in the first paragraph is what he is in every single game. It is always selfish, it is always evil, and is not more so in WW juxtaposed against the society at large. Look at OoT; Hyrule just got out of a bloody civil war, a war which ravaged all societies including Dorf's but came out the other end in peace. Dorf, already in a seat of power, was not content and seized power merely for his own selfish desires. In fact, in that respect (and in many others) WW is the exact same as OoT, just not as fleshed out as in OoT.

Zelda is not a counterpoint to anything but herself given her own abrupt, and hamfisted, "development" into the princess. It isn't subtle, it isn't natural. It is forced and jarring.

His goal doesn't seem like a good thing to anyone with a brain. He is defying the goddess' intentions, he is reviving a dead kingdom, and he is doing so through obviously evil methods.

The king destroys an already destroyed kingdom. It isn't even subtle either, you go to the kingdom and everything is grey and lifeless. It isn't done subtly or succinctly, it slaps you in the face much like all the "puzzles" in the game.

He doesn't have reasonable motives. His motives are the same, they are just dressed up in the fluffery of his muh wind line, a line that adds nothing of substance or value.

The story elements in WW, much like the rest of the game, has no respect for the players intelligence and reaches for fruit so low it has to dig into the earth to get it. Meanwhile, BotW has development and characterization that is done subtly and succinctly, which is good for the narrative qualities of the game but bad for mouth breathing retards like yourself that actually think WW has good development because you cannot even begin to comprehend what happens in BotW
>>
>>371202190
That's not really pessimism, she just has a lot of pent-up self-doubt

>cutscene with her and Link under the tree in the rain
>Stuff all about choosing different paths
>cutscene at the Spring of Power
>"What's wrong with me?"
>cutscene fleeing through the forest by the river
>"Everything I did was for nothing"

She's not really a glass half empty kind of girl, she just doesn't realize she's good enough to do the job. Which is why

>Do you think we're ready? Would I be a good mother?

hits it right on the nose.
>>
>>371209864
No way to see the photo, only reason you'd fill it out is for completion sake and for the few entries that are actually useful to put in so you can track them.
>>
>>371209895
Pretty much this.

I think people who actually like or sympathize with WW Ganondorf literally have autism, or just didn't play OoT. The amount of cognitive dissonance a person must have to think Ganondorf is remotely non-evil is massive. It really shows you just how mentally deficient WW fans are.
>>
>>371202195
>cryonis

Oh fuck me, I just paused the snowball with stasis and golfed it over the fucking gap

I forget about Cryonis all the time, it's easily the most limited power in the game.
>>
>>371209895
>>371210164
Samefag
>>
>>371210241
not a samefag, I agree with him. WWfags are unbearable.
>>
File: 1289742963785.png (29 KB, 564x150)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>371210241
Nope, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1361045994747.jpg (41 KB, 600x501)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>108/120 shrines left
>figure I can find the rest just by exploring
>most of them are hidden by the platforms

WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE FUCKING SHRINE RADAR IF YOU CAN'T FUCKING LOCATE THE PEDESTALS EITHER

i don't want to use a guide goddammit
>>
>>371208782
It makes no sense because in the entire narrative course of the series the only time he has ever coveted anything besides power was in WW. He never wanted a better life, or better land, or a better future for his people. He wanted power and he was a better character for it because instead having to try and be some 2deep4u faggot ranting about wind he was just the embodiment of evil and hatred, allowing the player vicariously through Link to pile upon him every misgiving they have felt in the game. What WW did to Dorf would be like what would happen if you gave the whale dialogue in Moby Dick. I'm even is a perfect explanation for an entity literally possessed by evil, made strong through evil, and seen as the very embodiment of evil. Power for jealousy's sake is not the same thing as power for power's sake and weakens the characterization of Dorf because it goes against what we can directly see.

WW Dorf is so incredibly weak as a character compared to every other incarnation of himself. He is a walking contradiction to millennia and multiple games of characterization, he adds misfitting motive when none was needed or wanted, and he is somehow held in high regard by the same people who now think BotW had no character development when the main story is based around developing a character and how every dungeon and area is about developing at least two characters
>>
File: wait a tick.png (27 KB, 564x150)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>371210369
Wait sorry, wrong screenshot. I guess I'll have to kill myself instead
>>
>>371185796
wtf i hate nintendo now
>>
File: 2349058439790187.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>371185796
>solve some obscure puzzle to find a secret shrine
>blessing shrine
>expect some good reward
>90% of the time, it's either a mediocre or elemental weapon/shield/bow
>have to spend the next five minutes deciding whether or not I need it, because my inventory is full of good shit already

This game has some problems.
>>
"When the two find their place and kneel in reverence, the shrine will reveal itself." Anybody know where the starting point is? It's for a shrine quest near Lurelin Village.
>>
>>371210369
>>371210624
BTFO
>>
>>371209895
Fair enough, but you honestly can't tell me he's better characterized in any other Zelda game. It's literally just "I m evil and want destroy world" that's it.

And as for botw Zelda being characterized subtly, what game did you play. Every flashback is just "I am insecure because I can't use my power" that's it until finally she can use her power because she thinks about Link's dick, how is that subtle?
>>
File: 1445792086068.gif (1.99 MB, 372x323)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>41/42 shrine quests
>74/76 side quests
>mfw

This game is too fucking big, it's like finding a needle in a hay field.
>>
>>371210687
Why not just not take the reward and just get the token?
>>
>>371210778
Did you do all of Koko's cooking yet?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12574520
>>
>>371210837
Does she have any more after she decides to become a chef?
>>
>>371210694
anon, i'm not going to help you with a literal baby-tier puzzle. Like, just fucking think about it and what's there.
>>
>>371208678
Doesn't matter. You're nitpicking, so no one is listening to you. Come back with some valid complaints next time.
>>
File: IMG_0567.jpg (2.82 MB, 3264x2448)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>371210624
>>371210752

Nope, now actually kill yourself.
>>
>>371210876
>ryder has more votes than Zelda
this isn't right
>>
>>371210926
Nope.
But she was the last thing I had to do.

What about Tabatha Stables, talk to Geggles for the shoot the thunderbolt mural shrine? Even if you already got that shrine you still need to talk to him to "get" the quest first.
>>
>>371210614
Since when is I am evil a good or interesting characterization? I've never viewed being completely one dimensional as desirable for a character.

And honestly it makes sense to me that after two thousand years of introspection, he would mellow a little bit. It makes sense for him not to be as single-minded as he was in OoT.

And as much as you say power is his motivation, I can't think of a single Zelda game that substantiates this or delves into his motivation at all beyond "I want to destroy the world."
>>
>>371211152
He's an eternal reincarnation of a demon king. Why in the name of god would he have a motivation beyond complete destruction and subjugation of the world?
>>
>Completed all the main story (except for defeating ganon of course)
>Got the master sword
>Got all 18 memories
>100/120 shrines (or however many)
>100/900 korok turds
>35/42 shrine quests completed
>55/76 side quests completed
>all gear upgraded to max
>completed hyrule compendium
>got all the towers
>27.79/100% completed
Where is the other 70% of the game?
>>
>>371185796
What is the difference? I only fought Ganon after going for all of the memories and whatever.
>>
>>371211402
Locations discovered and Korok Turds.
>>
>>371211402
Koroks most likely. I have 200/900 and everything else is 100% but my game is only 42% complete.
>>
>>371211149
Yeah I ran past her multiple times before realising she had more quests. Yep, talked to Geggle. Pretty sure I've been round all the stables since finishing talking to everyone, haven't had a new quest in a while.

>>371211402
Where does it say your overall completion rate?
>>
>>371211313
That whole bit of lore was added a decade after the game was written. And honestly he's more interesting when his character is allowed to be multi-faceted.
>>
>>371211402
72% of the game is Korok Seeds. You've only got 8% of that. Not counting the missing 800 Korok Seeds, you're technically 91.79% of the way through.
>>
>>371210450
Hebra is the true test for not using a guide when it comes to looking for shrines. I'm certain that you're meant to do that area last because practically every shrine there fucks with the radar
>>
>>371192093
SS story was terrible, but I will agree at least they under stodd the build up to the final fight. It's actually kind of strange that BOTW has no build up when nearly every other zelda has at least a hallway or stairs or something leading to the boss for tension. instead you kinda just bump into ganon by accident.

I was just looking for the last memory and some loot and bumped into him and just decided might as well kill him now since im here. Haven't gone back to the game since though.
>>
>>371195236
>UGHHH OMG A JAPANESE GAME FEATURES CHARACTERS THAT DISPLAY JAPANESE MANNERISMS UGHHHHHHH
>>
>>371210687
>don't take reward
>mark down somewhere that you left the reward behind
>teleport back to shrine when you need it
>>
>>371211884
Build up to SS final fight was hype, perhaps best in the series.
>>
>>371211771
>That whole bit of lore was added a decade after the game was written.

It's pretty clear that Ganon was always meant to be like this. SS just solidified that.

>And honestly he's more interesting when his character is allowed to be multi-faceted.

No he isn't. WW proved that trying to make Ganondorf cool and multi-faceted is fucking retarded and a massive continuity error.
>>
>>371211884
>SS story was terrible
kys
>>
>>371211873
>did Hebra before the Rito's quest, thus wearing only a warm doublet and a ruby circlet

It sure was an adventure.
>>
>>371211995
I did this, but ended up having the map filled with treasure chest marks that will never get visited. Because by late game, my weapon inventory was pretty much always filled with good shit.
>>
>>371211402
how'd you get the complete percentage?
>>
>>371193502
no no, ABOVE the house. Dunkey style.
>>
>>371185796
kill yourself
>>
>>371212085
it was literally "oh fuck zelda got kidnapped go get her".

ghirahim just sort of shows up

Demise is a shit concept and retarded design

and in-general the story was boring with only one good character
>>
>>371211004
Figured it out, but that took me a lot longer than it should have.
>>
>>371210753
He is characterized better in every other game he features in purely because he is seen as a force of nature that the player can impute all the forces of evil and all the wrongs in the world onto. He doesn't need motives, he doesn't need anything beyond just being evil - he is the embodiment of evil and that allows the player to throw upon him all the wrong in the world. To take a line from moby dick

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it"

That is what the player is supposed to feel for Dorf. Dorf doesn't have motives, he doesn't have feelings, he is a personified force of nature that the player is supposed to build up as evil itself. That is way better characterization than muh wind.

You apparently didn't pay attention. At first, she is seen to resent Link because she feels as though she doesn't need him. We slowly see that it isn't because she doesn't need him, but because she reminds him of herself, particularly her destiny which she can't fulfill, that she resents him. Later though, she begins to realize that he reminds her of herself for different reasons, mainly because of the pressure of the destiny he feels. We see her going from selfish to selfless and it doesn't feel jarring. We see it happen because of her organic dealings with Link. She opens up to him and in so doing opens up as a character.
>>
>>371211847
>72% of the game is Korok Seeds
Bravo Nintendo. Make a game thats 3/4ths collecting Korok Seeds
>>
>>371204176
Why do you want another classic zelda game?
Didn't Twilight princess and skywardsword already a big massive warning that the formula was fucking stale?
>>
>>371212474
>nintendo literally gives you a golden piece of shit for getting the korok seeds

I have no words
>>
>>371205270
But TP was a fun one anon

SS can suck dick though.
>>
I wish we got more information about the Rito besides "bows and singing".
>>
>>371212687
Pretty sure that's just Nintendo's way of saying that you really shouldn't have bothered finding them all. The inventory spaces get maxed at like 450.
>>
>>371198907
>Talk to painter at nearby stable
>"It's either in the forest to the south or the one northeast of the bog"

>Check forest in the south
>Not there

>Check Northeast of bog
>It's there

Is that hard for so many people? I see this particular memory bitched about so much. You know you're just proving Aounuma right in his 'gamers need their hands held' mindset right? You are literally the cancer that killed the Zelda franchise for 20+ years.
>>
>>371185796
I got the "true" ending first
and its worse
>>
>>371213039
This relies solely on finding that stable.
>>
>>371211402
I have very close stat to you but 200 koroks.
My guess is you fast travel too much and don't even know what the world really looks like.
>>
File: C7Z_ayPU8AAqo4p.jpg (66 KB, 1200x675)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
FUCK THIS GODDAMN PLACE
I WANT SOMEONE TO KILL ME.
>>
>>371212945
Rito is supposed to be the "first" area, confirmed by Windblight Ganon being the first boss if you go immediately to Hyrule Castle. That's why they are so simplistic
>>
>>371212085
Idiot
>>
>>371213183
Anon if you have problems finding stables then you are even more retarded than I previously assumed. You just made yourself look even more fucking stupid.
>>
>>371211152
You've never viewed being completely one dimensional as desirable for a character because you apparently haven't read enough good books. Off the top of my head, a few of the many characters who are completely one dimensional but are pillars in literature

>Captain Ahab
>the Whale
>Jean Valjean
>Javert

In film, possibly the greatest acting performance ever is also a "one-dimensional" character
>Salieri

The reason it works is because they must react, they must morph, and they must shape the world around them to fit their monomania. In the same way, emphasizing one-dimension allows the viewer to explore the very reaches of the concept the represent, rather than just a mere character. These aren't supposed to be characters in the typical sense, but abstractions personified.

It makes no sense for him to mellow out because of the rage he felt when he was trapped after OoT. Given his character his rage should have compounded infinitely until he was the very manifestation of fury and hatred itself. Ahab didn't mellow out despite the time between getting his leg bitten off and the story, it just let his twisted world view deepen. In so doing, it let the reader of Moby Dick juxtapose the events of the narrative against the raving captain. That is why Dorf is better as a one-dimensional character - it allows the world to become more fleshed out and allows for Dorf to become an abstraction, a principle, and makes him that much more daunting and intricate as a result.

It doesn't need substantiation beyond just being evil - like Javert doesn't need substantiation in his quest to capture Valjean beyond just being the representation of blind justice.
>>
>>371208779
Any order has been proven to work though, with the direction they took in ALBW.

Honestly disappointed they didn't go down that road for BotW in terms of item rental.
>>
>>371213183
I hope you're not implying that finding stables are hard. They are literally always right on the road and next to an easy to spot shrine
>>
>>371213413
Roads are for chumps
>>
>>371212228
Beat the game.
>>
>>371213318
>not enjoying huge mazes

Take your time and look up at the walls for any hidden corridors anon.
>>
>>371213172
>worse
>not being happy for Zelda

Goddamn that's cold. I felt so happy for her at the end.
>>
>>371213318
>people complain about lack of dungeons
>literally three huge overworld ones that adopt classical labyrinth schemes
>people get mad about them or do their best to trivialize the shit out of them
>>
>>371213550
The mazes where the comfiest part of the game. I was expecting to be running through a guardian infested maze but instead I just hugged right, got loads of new swords and occasionally fought chu chu.
>>
>>371213340
Retard
>>
>>371213461
This is true, but
>not monitoring the road from perch on the mountaintops
>not occasionally being on the road after you swoop in to save one of those poor chumps like the hero that Hyrule needs
>>
>>371213331
Nah, the way the game directs you point more towards Zora > Goron > Gerudo > Rito.
>>
>>371213927
Why the sudden leap from Goron to Gerudo?
Personally I was going to do the whole map counterclockwise but npcs kept mentioning needing shit from the next region over so to show Nintendo who's boss I decided to suddenly go to the jungle when I finished the Lost Woods. Did I play right into their hands?
>>
>>371203592
What location do you find the text talking about Rutah being named after Ruto?
>>
>>371213331
Even then, overall the quest was real lackluster, there isn't much in the village, and there isn't a lot of variety to the Rito besides the Elder, Kass, Teba and Revali.

Also, Revali's an ass.

>>371213413
I don't know how I completely fucking missed the stable just southwest of Eldin, the one near a lake. I somehow got through the place, got the shrine, found a Korok on the lake and dashed off without realizing there was a a stable right fucking there. Ironically I accidentally came across the two memories people have the most trouble finding, the one inside the castle and the one on Death Mountain.
>>
>>371213751
Neck yourself you dumb fuck
>>
I dyed my Zora tunic red to honor Mipha.
>>
where do I find the third piece of the glowing circle for the shrine at the necluda beach? I'm stumped
>>
>>371213363
Not him: I haven't read Moby Dick, but I did read through all of Les Miserables. Valjean and Javert aren't one dimension. They have a strong moral center that guides them, but they aren't one dimensional. If Javert was just so strictly moral because reasons he would be boring, and nobody would care about the moral dilemma he later faces and fails to overcome. Ganon as the Avatar of Demise isn't compelling because we don't know why Demise hates, only that he is Hate.

The Captain Ahab and the Whale analogy is closer, but that's because the story was never really about the Whale, it's about Ahab. BotW similarly isn't about Ganon, it's more about Zelda and Link. Calamity Ganon isn't at that same level because the game never goes into a dialogue surrounding a being like Calamity Ganon, only in how our protagonists cope with the general threat of a near insurmountable ordeal.

The game never goes into the juxtaposition of CG as a wielder of the Triforce of Power, versus Link and Zelda. It does so with Zelda and Link, but Ganon is a nonfactor who doesn't provide meaningful influence over anyone on a level beyond 'This thing is really stressful'
>>
>>371214250
I'm not sure which one was it but there's an old dude at Zora's Domain that gives you a quest in which you have to look for those stones. If you speak to him he tells you their locations.
>>
>>371194580

>english version
>the constellations will be your guide (or something)
>Japanese version
>the number of stars will open fates way

The hint in english was bullocks
>>
>>371200048
"Especially at the moment", I think.
>>
>tfw 122 defense Hylian Shield
feels good
>>
>>371196176
>>No wall/floormasters
>>Not even a motherfucking like-like
Thank God.

>>No skull kids
>>No darknuts
Missed opportunities indeed.

>>No poes
I thought the first Wizzrobe I saw was a Poe and got destroyed by it.
>>
File: ahhh yeea.gif (499 KB, 500x375)
499 KB
499 KB GIF
>attain the lightning helm which is only given to the Gerudo chief
>Get invited by the captain of the Gerudo guard to join their forces
>accept her offer
Sorry zelda, but you'll have to study your frog concoctions by yourself.
>>
>>371214539
There's one right at the tip of the sand patch that extends away from land, behind a palm tree. Took me a while to find it. The other two are nearby the dude.

Also, they glow at night.
>>
>>371214531
B-but she made it blue anon! SHE MADE IT BLUE FOR YOU!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (437 KB, 854x480)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>371185796
>Do you really remember me?
Yes, yes I do.
>>
>>371192349
the kneeling one. I thought you had to finish the game and get zelda to come and kneel with you. Got my hopes high for after game shenanigans, it wasn't meant to be I guess.
>>
>>371214589
God danm just when I thought I had completed zoras domain! It feels so easy to miss side quests
>>
>>371194581
What? Ganon was a walk in the park, I loved this game but the final boss was so damn easy.

Or maybe is that I'm 2gud thanks to monhuns?
>>
>>371214756
I found that one even before I activated the quest. I was lucky
>>
>>371214592
>>371194580
>get to a shrine
>see constellations
>Oh man this is probably gonna be really hard I've heard a lot of people complaining about this one

>Four sets of four holes
>Each set has a particular constellation associated with it
>the holes have fucking pillars labeling them 1, 2, 3, 4
>Notice that there's X of Constellation A, Y of Constellation B on the wall
>Put ball for Constellation A in slot X, B in slot Y, etc.

It was fucking easy as shit. I hope there's some other constellation puzzle, because I don't know how can you overthink that one so hard.
>>
>>371214659
then you realize that shield guard is a totally worthless attribute and the only thing that actually matters is durability (and the hylian shield has a default 800 durability)

in fact, shield guard above a certain value doesn't even have the small effect of parry strength because enemy weapons cap out, you can't disarm the enemies who carry the weapons with a high enough attack to matter. Whats the highest attack you'll face from a bokoblin or moblin or lizalfos? 52 damage royal claymores. Maybe with an attack up.
a regular royal guard shield with 55 defense is going to disarm 99% of enemies that can be disarmed, so whats the difference
>>
>>371209895
I love both games, but this is coming off as just fucking ridiculous.

The point about Ganondorf being evil is fine, but to say that because everything isn't subtle so it is bad and "disrespects the player's intelligence" makes you seem like you have your head up your ass. You don't need to have "muh subtle messages" especially when the story is as basic as any other game in the series.

"You go try and rescue your sister while being involved in something bigger, and fill the shoes of a hero that is lauded as the greatest."

It isn't Shakespeare, but acting like Zelda or BotW is some sort of masterpiece in storytelling is being disingenuous.

>The king destroys an already destroyed kingdom. It isn't even subtle either, you go to the kingdom and everything is grey and lifeless. It isn't done subtly or succinctly, it slaps you in the face much like all the "puzzles" in the game.

You claim that the execution is a slap in the face because why exactly? "IT IS MONOCHROME SO OBVIOUS THE KINGDOM IS DESTROYED!!!!" Why is that a bad thing? Don't the monsters roaming the castle also point to that? Even after pulling out the sword and bringing back color it doesn't suddenly remove the lifeless imagery. I'm not sure why it matters that it was obvious the kingdom was destroyed, especially since you knew that from the opening scrawl. In fact it would be more odd if it weren't.

>Dorf, already in a seat of power, was not content and seized power merely for his own selfish desires. In fact, in that respect (and in many others) WW is the exact same as OoT, just not as fleshed out as in OoT.

Dorf can't let go of the past. Yeah he was always selfish and desired power, but instead of being content with the current world, he is so wrapped up in one that is so bygone that he can't see there is no future left in that old kingdom.

In short, while I understand your need to flaunt some sort of high-horse intelligence all you are doing is coming across as a faggot.
>>
>>371214994
Nope, they really are that retarded.
>>
>>371185796
>thought she was clapping from the thumbnail
>CONGRATULATIONS LINK
>>
>most Lynel stare you down and only attack if you dick around
>the Lynel on Shatterpoint Break shoots you on sight
What the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>371214994
It took me going to another shrine and seeing the patterns on the walls to get it, I legit thought it meant go outside and look at the night sky at first.
>>
>>371204725
TP was a mistake. WW2 should have been made.
>>
>>371215474
TP pretty much is WW2
>>
>>371196826
>It would be cool if there were skull kids in the Lost Woods but they are kind of tied closely to the idea that kids are getting lost in there in the first place. The Lost Woods in this game isn't a place random Hylians are going to end up in any way, it's parked next door to the cursed Castle. The only creatures there are the Koroks and the Deku Tree, which makes sense.
An old man at the Woodlands stable tells you a story about how he got lost in the Lost Woods as a child. He panicked and ran, but got lucky and actually managed to get out. Skull kids would have been fine to have in there.
>>
>>371204176
>traditional Zelda isn't open world
I want underage to leave.
>>
>>371215347
are you sure? its just a matter of distance when you alert them
pretty sure that lynel on shatterback point will just stare you down if he sees you at maximum distance, but the mountaintop is so small you'll be in range of him if you approach him naturally
>>
>>371215347
All Lynels I have ever encountered shoot me on sight.
>>
>>371207205
Rockstar Robbie
The man that sells you the tools needed to rape the guardians
>>
Don't be too specific, but where's Lon Lon Ranch? Is it somewhere in Hyrule Field or did they move it further away?
>>
>>371216213
Look to the east of Hyrule castle, I think.
>>
>>371214659
how do you get it ?
>>
>>371216213
It's somewhere between Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert.
>>
>>371216213
It's roughly in the same place as in Ocarina relative to Kakariko and Castle Town.
>>
>>371215474
>You will never see Panzer IVs fighting darknuts
>>
>>371213550
Or just do what I did and climb the walls to look for the way out.
>>
>>371214575
Javert's moral dilemma is strictly because of his one-dimensional nature. He is purely focused on justice, and when he has two conflicting views of justice, each that requires a contrary action, and the one which he knows is more just requiring an action he cannot reconcile, he kills himself rather than depart from his world view. It is that inflexibility, that single mindedness, that make Javert so compelling. He isn't so much a character as he is the concept of blind justice personified. Valjean stole a single piece of bread, saved a man's life after serving 20 years, and was lucky enough to escape. Any other person would recognize that he served his time but Javert was not interested with such trivialities as facts and circumstances, All that mattered was that justice demanded Valjean serve his stence and that is what justice would get. He isn't boring because he is steadfast and people care about his dilemma because it brings to light a fundamental conflict within the very force he personifies. We may know why Demise hates, but Ganon, a manifestation of Demise, but entirely separate as an actor, hates and lusts for power for the sake of power and hatred itself. It is similar, Ganon is an abstraction of evil. Take OoT, and in particular, Lon Lon Ranch. When Dorf rises to power, Ingo gets corrupted; the aspects of himself that were before somewhat subverted rise to the surface because of the overwhelming nature of Ganon's pure evil. It is those little things, the ways that Dorf manipulates the very world through his hatred, that makes the player hate him so much, and makes his character so compelling. He isn't a man, he isn't even a character, he is a fundamental force of nature in human form - which makes that force of nature assailable.
>>
>>371216319
>>371216508
Thanks. I feel weird that I haven't come across it yet, and I saw an anon or two talking about the change in placement from OOT, hence my dumbass question.
>>371216372
Darn you, anon. Why'd you spoil it for me?

Also, is there any speculation about that coliseum? I can't remember any coliseums except for maybe one in TP.
>>
>OP starts out giving out about the ending
>thread turns into a good one
>its now 2:30 am

Good thread anons, I had fun. Thanks for the comfy.
>>
>>371216961
I wonder if BOTW threads are gonna start off with an "BOTW is shit" OP like MH threads.
>>
>>371215849
he doesn't play a large enough role in the plot, hes no more than any other quest giving NPC
>>
>if you give the dog in the Hebra shrine 4 apples you spawn a star fragment

How was anyone supposed to know this?
>>
>>371217213
You can feed dogs? what the fuck I saw the tool tip and tried that and the bitches wouldn't eat anything. even tried throwing a stick and shit and the best i could do was make it follow me around the stable.
>>
>>371214575
Further, the game does speak of Ganon as the manifestation of the curse in its purest form - unwilling to go through an incarnation and instead unleashing the unadulterated rage and hatred as its form. The entire game is Zelda coming to grips with her role in destiny, a destiny required due to CG's hatred. The reason the game doesn't go into as much dialogue surrounding CG is both because it is a much simpler concept than the manifestation of nature, of rage, of ignorance, of the universe, of God, and of the devil that Moby Dick is and because, as extension on that last point, Moby Dick is one of the best novels ever written, no game's story will ever come close.

It actually does juxtapose CG pretty neatly with Zelda. Ganon is destiny manifested, he doesn't have to work for his right to fate, he simply is. Meanwhile, Zelda must toil to achieve her seat in destiny, it is like nature vs nurture in some aspects. And he provides a lot of influence on the characters throughout the game (the actions too but those are obvious). He makes both Link and Zelda assume their destinies, both of which are put under pressure by their roles. He embodies the evil in an otherwise prosperous Hyrule, being evidence that nothing can exist within itself; the goodness in Hyrule cannot exist without the evil of CG with which to juxtapose it.
>>
>>37121721
There's a dog inside a shrine?
>>371217372
You can also feed horses endurance carrots to give them more stamina (doesn't work on Ganon's horse, though).
>>
>>371217497
Knew about the horses, but the dogs just wouldn't eat anything for me.
>>
File: 1393604607684.png (486 KB, 526x700)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>371185796
True Ending is really bad actually.
>Link and Zelda are back to wearing the outfits they wore in memories 100 years ago, no matter what you were wearing at the end of the game
>They're even riding the same horses they were 100 years ago (???)
>It doesn't even feel like anything is different between now and 100 years ago besides the ravaged Hyrule Castle in the background
It's like everything I've done was basically erased and replaced. I seriously thought it was a hidden memory until I saw the ruins of Hyrule Castle in the background because it just feels like another memory as opposed to current day.
>>
>>371217587
Did you try to feed them by hand or did you drop the apples/meat? I've only done the latter so I have no idea if they'll actually eat what you're holding.
>>
>>371217497
Hebra stable*
>>
>>371217497
>You can also feed horses endurance carrots to give them more stamina

Does this work for the BFH (Big Fucking Horse)?
>>
>>371217826
>tried to name him huge fucking horse
>only huge fuck fit

Well then.
>>
>>371217826
Nope. His stamina stat seems to be completely null. Isn't he pretty speedy, anyway?

>>371217713
Oh, I'm stupid. Thanks for the correction and the tip.
>>
>>371217826
I named him Gahnon
>>
>>371215134
In itself, it isn't a bad thing. The game doesn't have a super compelling narrative, nor does it really purport to. But when people try to impute quality where there otherwise is none these points have to be made. I am not saying that BotW is a masterpiece, I am just saying WW has the weakest story and characterization in the series.

My post was merely a response, I responded as I thought appropriate to counter the points of the person who made the original post. Nothing in my post was wrong. Perhaps saying it was a slap in the face was harsh, but it is the truth; just as with the puzzles the game leaves no room for inference, no room for interpretation, and blatantly directs the player.

Again, it is not a bad thing in and of itself, but when people make the absurd claim that the game has good characterization it becomes bad.
>>
>>371216961
The only good threads for BotW are late at night because there are less contrarian shitposters and the anons posting care less about the shitposters that do pop up.
>>
>>371217697
I finished the game on the royal white horse, so I just saw that as Link giving her the royal horse.

>>371217705
Just dropping them on the ground, I'll try holding them next time.

>>371218007
I named him Dorf.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.