[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

So I now finally got Dragon's Dogma after seeing to so many times on /v/.
Are there some graphic mods or other mods I should install before playing?
Can you fuckup your character via stats or some kind?
Some general advice would be nice.

Dragon's Dogma Thread
>>
>>374538535
>Are there some graphic mods or other mods I should install before playing?
Don't. Just set HDR on low, makes every effect twice as bright and looks bad, no improvement. Everything else is fine. If you're a babby install an infinte running stamina mod.
>Can you fuckup your character via stats or some kind?
If you play Warrior or Magic Archer for the entirety of the game, yes. Change classes, experiment and you'll be fine. Maxing stats is a joke in this, controlling your character properly is more important.
>Some general advice would be nice.
She-goat best goat.
>>
Your fast travel item is in your storage at the Inn. You can change classes at Gran Soren.
Google for the /ddg/ pastebin so you don't mess up the sidequests or romance.
>>
>>374538535
Don't worry about things too much
End game armour and weapons blow any stat "mistakes" out of the water, just decide if you want to be strength or magic focused (hybrids are fine too just try keep an even-ish split in classes)

Enjoy the game, but maybe look out for a side-quest guide so you don't miss any quest chains
>>
>>374538535
Nope
A little, but not enough to really care about unless you are a crazy min-maxer. Gear is more important over all than leveling stats.
They're bargains all
Wolves hunt in packs
She-goat a shit, titty monster jew #1
Sit in the learning chair whenever you are at the inn and teach your pawn to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>374539178
>>374538904
Do you guys mean this by sidequest guide?
It was the only thing I found.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit#gid=0
Ty to all for now
>>
>>374538535
there are stat balancing mods you can use if you dont want to have an autistic fit when thinking about changing classes

i also use a carry weight mod and one that tones down the bloom on lanterns
>>
Get the vignette remover
>>
>>374538828
>f you play Warrior or Magic Archer for the entirety of the game, yes.
Warrior is one of the better classes to level up physical damage though. Second highest growth in str after assassin and highest hp growth of all.
>>
>>374539315
That should be fine, just use the first column to avoid spoilers

The MQ is done in chapters of sorts, quests activate/deativate in each of them - best way to try do it all is to do all the sidequests as soon as you enter a new story stage
>>
>>374538535
equip at least one person in your group with rusted gear, because it inflicts a slowdown effect on enemies.

fournival is best waifu
>>
>>374539238
>She-goat a shit, titty monster jew #1

RETRACT THIS
>>
>>374538904
But ddg is dead
>>
>>374538535
FLYING INTO FREEEEEEEE
Not really. Generally weapons make up the difference. There is a mod that changes the stats to be more significant for the specific classes.
Stick to it. The first few hours are honestly pretty average. I almost dropped it, but once I got the to main city and started doing quests and getting high level skills and abilities, it gets so fun.

I'd honestly recommend playing a Warrior or Sorcerer first time around.
Sorcerers are slow, but living weapons.
Warriors are practically Guts.
>>
>>374539462
Which has a great disadvantage later, especially in BBI where a balance in magic damage and physical damage are recommended. If we're talking extremes yes, anything's possible with enough trying in this game but with pure physical it'll take ages to clear BBI, not a fun way to play honestly.
>>
Don't let your pawn become guardian or nexus
>>
Is the game balanced around having multiple pawns around all the time or just the main pawn?
>>
>>374539696
Its balanced for a party of 4 but is perfectly doable with a party of 1,2 or 3

expect it to be harder obviously
>>
>>374539696
You can solo the game.

HOWEVER, there are some enemies which have MASSIVE resistances to specific things. Specifically enemies like Golems which are practically immune to Magic.
And usually, one class can't do two different things, which is why it's a good idea to keep your pawns around and TRAIN THEM PROPERLY. Seriously, learn to train your pawns. It makes a huge difference.
>>
>>374539475
Ok titty monster not #1
She-goat a shit, Feste #1 husbando!
>>
>>374539696
There is a class with skills that are buffed by just being by yourself.

The game isn't really balanced in the traditional manner. Shit is hard, then becomes laughably easy over time.
>>
>>374539315
>>374539468
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

That has a quest list for the various stages with less spoilers
>>
>>374538535
Utility pawns kind of suck to begin with but become gods when they get their knowledge up.
>>
Everytime I see a DD thread I get the urge to play it but the fact that I leveled 3 characters to level infinity and that its such a bitch to move around the map before you can make use of ferrystones and not permanently miss out on early quests makes me always end up not playing.

i've really seen and done everything the game has to offer to so there's that boredom factor as well.

For anyone wondering, I did a sorcerer, sword-and-board only assassin, and a ranger. I feel like there isn't that much diversity in playing the other classes that warrants another playthrough.

Still one of my favorite games of the past gen. In the top 3 for sure.
>>
>Tips
Make sure to marry Fournival.
>>
>>374539996
Forgot to mention that my assassin was solo only (no pawns at all) for that bonus to all your stats or whatever.
>>
>>374539996
Theres no shame in having enjoyed a game to its fullest
Give it time, in a few years you may have the urge to play it all again
>>
>>374538535
Gransys Texture Improvement Project, Don't blind me, DD Thematic Music Mod Eternal Return Version, Beautification.
Not really. Although it's better to focus on either strength or magic.
Wolves hunt in packs.
>>
>>374539592
Thats why you google the pastebin from it
>>
>>374539640
Wrong through. I cleared BBI at level 60 with an Assassin using Heaven's Key. The weapon makes the difference.
>>
File: ddg_logo2.png (1.19 MB, 1064x945)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
I want /ddg/ to come back.
You can't just end the cycle of eternal return like that.
>>
>>374540347
>Assassin
Nice crutch, now do it with Warrior. On BBI2.
>>
>>374539996
I hack in warp stones so traveling is not a bitch from the get go :^)

It would be nice if the world was worth running through, but its really not.
>>
>>374539640
I cleared Daimon 2.0 with a double warrior team. Only thing not fun is living armours
>>
File: Meryl.png (246 KB, 534x733)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>374538535
>can you fuck up your stats
Gear>>>stats
Your stats really don't matter unless you go like Warrior from level 10-190, then switch to Sorcerer.
Even then you could still get by, but you would be significantly weaker than someone who leveled 10-200 sorc, obviously.
Gear is the most important factor.
>>
Does it matter if I make a huge guts like warrior or loli warrior?
>>
>>374540749
Loli will have smaller reach.and some other shit I don't remember. Lower stam?
>>
File: 36546737_p0.png (1.71 MB, 1200x1696)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>374538828
Sage advice especially about goats
>>
>>374540749
Smaller people have less stamina overall but recover it quicker. Larger people have more stamina but recover it slower.

Pretty sure it marginally affects your actual hitting power as well.

And I think carry weights.
>>
File: Super_Duddle_Collab.png (3.8 MB, 3840x2160)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB PNG
>>374540749
Loli or short characters can't reach or jumo as high. For Warriors is kinda does matter.
The bigger or taller your warrior, the better he'll be, since he'll have more stamina, and you can reach farther with your blade which is the important part. Also you jump higher and warriors have an ability with jumping and swinging which is really good.
>>
>>374540398
I want a goddamn sequel already. Improve upon the original, advertise it properly, and don't launch it near an Elder Scrolls title. Watch as cash magically flows in.
>>
>Some general advice
Different vocations raise different stats. I recommend making a well rounded jack of all trades character instead of getting into autistic min-maxing, it really isn't rewarding. Also, some vocations are just not worth using after you learn the skills from them, like the basic caster vocation is pure shit.

There are some skills pawns cannot use well, or cannot use at all but you're still able to equip them. You should either look these up or just make sure to test shit yourself.

Aside from vocations, stats, and skills, the only things that affect a pawn's behavior are inclinations and the bestiary. Inclinations can be changed with potions to be exactly how you want them. Bestiary requires them to see monsters' weaknesses being exploited. You should pay attention to these if you want your pawn to be as useful as possible.
>>
>>374541023
>Capcom in charge of not fucking up

Be reasonable anon. You know this will never happen. Especially since there is a nip only DD MMO.
>>
>>374540749
a small character can get access to a small area in the game that large ones can't, but there's nothing worthwile in there

it also affects stamina, carry capacity, and small characters easily get snatched by flying enemies
>>
>>374541116
Why do jap devs hate the west so much?
>>
>>374541215
Don't forget your lantern going out when crossing rivers.
>>
>>374541325
Japanese people hate other asians too.
Japanese people hate everyone, even themselves, just less than others.
>>
>>374541325
To be fair I would imagine it is similar to how the west doesn't really care about the Jap market that much.

Capcom though is a special brand of retarded since they have several successful IPs that they just don't do anything smart with.

Monster Hunter being locked into Nintendo handhelds only is one such example.
>>
>>374538535
It's a pretty good adventure. Just build whatever. Kill shit and explore.
>>
>>374540435
>Fit my arbitrary guidelines
>>
>>374538535
Gransys HD mod
Resonant enb
Reshade with clarity and hdr shader enabled.
125% levelling mod
Don't forget to get the eternal Ferryside from the box in the inn. You need it to fast travel and will kick yourself if you forget to use it.
>>
>>374541487
>Monster Hunter being locked into Nintendo handhelds only is one such example.
??
That is not retarded, it is good.
Requires way less money to develop and the main demographic plays mobile.
>>
>>374541096
>like the basic caster vocation is pure shit
No it fucking isn't. It's the support caster, which sure, you probably don't want to do as a player, but Mages are important as fuck.
>>
>>374541584
>Look at my epeen.
>What do you mean I took the easy way out?
>>
File: a4c.gif (1.57 MB, 400x286)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>374539238
>They're bargains all
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>374541624
Except there is demand for a proper HD MonHun on a regular console. Unless they made some sort of actual exclusivity deal or Nintendo bailed Capcom out at some point, it is stupid.

This is without even mentioning the ignoring of the PC market where they could just port the older games and people would still buy them.
>>
>>374539238
>She-goat a shit, titty monster jew #1

WITCH
I
T
C
H
>>
Wolves hunt in packs.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Wow the West loved Dragons Dogma on consoles what will they do?

>Make the sequal a MMO exclusive to asia

Hey people loved monster hunter, it was one of the few successful PS2 online games, what next?

>Lets fuck around shifting it from handheld to nintendo console for a decade or two

Everyone loved Megaman in Asia and Europe wh.. . what are you going to do?

>Kill off the series, no more megaman for anyone
>>
>>374542152
whats the point of making DDO exclusive for asia?
>>
>>374542253

Capcom are stupid
>>
>>374542253
In all seriousness probably something to do with being cheaper to not need servers over in the west or english speakers for translation or moderation.
>>
>>374538535
Wolves hunt in packs, Arisen.
>>
>>374542152
>monster hunter and nintendo

blame sony for not compromising
>>
>>374542351
>>374542253
to be fair I don't think DDO would have done particularly well in the west
>>
>>374540749
Everyone else responding to you doesn't seem to understand the differences between character size and character weight. There are different weight classes (like in boxing) where your weight can shift around within these classes and no difference to stats is made. IE, 90kg to 100kg is the L weight class. Character weight affects stamina, stamina regen, carry capacity, knockback resistance and climbing speed.

As for size, leg length affects jog speed and how deep you can go into water before you get drenched. Sprint speed is the same for everyone and only affected by how much stuff you carry. Character size determines whether you can go into small places. Unlike what some may think, character height does not affect your ability to reach ledges (you will grab them regardless of whether it looks like you could reach them). Arm length affects weapon reach, although you slide into enemies when you swing so it doesn't really make a difference unless you play warrior. Magic and bow classes don't need reach either.

"Meta" character builds are usually either very lanky and light as possible, or very small and heavy as possible.
>>
>>374542489
height also affects if you can run between a large enemy's legs or not
>>
Stop worrying about a Class' stat growths, they have an impact, but not enough to matter in the end. Your weapon will give you most of your attack, so do not EVER listen to a fag who says "Level to 200 as Wizard before playing Magick Archer" because that is downright retarded, NO class needs to do this. If yiu want to play a class, fucking do it, you won't suffer for it.
>>
>>374542253

Infrastructure, probably. If Capcom doesn't have any servers in place for an MMO in the west, it might be pretty expensive to set it up.

It's just as well. The MMO market over here is really oversaturated. If there's anything that the West really doesn't need, it's another F2P MMO.
>>
>>374541662
All of their skills that are worth anything can be used by Sorcerers and the vocation gives objectively worse stats on levelling up. Their unique shit is all healing and removing status, which is irrelevant for 99.9% of the game and can easily be handled by consumables in the remaining 0.1%. Mages are pure garbage and so are you for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>374542804

It's good enough to just follow a rough plan based on each classes' stat growths. Sustainability is mainly tied to consumables anyway.
>>
>>374542965
a mage pawn is useful for all the debuffs they throw towards your enemies
>>
>>374542965
Grapnel is based and has saved me on several occasions
>>
File: 1482247188874.jpg (111 KB, 794x960)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>374538535
Hold on, there's aught here
>>
>>374538535
you'll be getting plenty of that, don't worry. Did you know wolves hunt in packs?
>>
>>374542470

Well hundreds of people jump through the hoops to be able to play it through VPN's and chink server ping

They doubted an action MMO would be popular in the west, but they have been
>>
>>374543868
>you'll be getting plenty of that, don't worry.
I played for a while now. Pawn told me that goblins are weak against fire, I googled that to get the quote right only to figure out from the wiki that it is not even true.
Thanks Pawns.
>>
>>374544112
Goblins stop attacking and dance when lit on fire. You're mistaken.
>>
>>374538535

Mods that control level scaling/stats
Bloom control
Stamina and weight control.
>>
File: 1492524909704.gif (650 KB, 500x324)
650 KB
650 KB GIF
>>374538535
So is this game actually good? Nips are never good at handling western fantasy because it always boils down to 2deep4u retarded garbage like that Soulshit. Plus I'm not interested in a big fucking monster hunt every five minutes.
>>
>>374545513

its very good
>>
>>374545513
It's great, but you won't enjoy it because of your ignorance.
>>
>>374545513
It's good but hard to describe, it's like an action game like bayo or dmc raped Morrowind and this was the unwanted child that was born because Republicans cut planned Parenthood funding

It's 'open world' but the world itself is somewhat linear and hubbed around Gran Soren

Combat is action based and there are legit special moves and combos. Climbing on enemies and attacking their weaknesses is a big part of it.

Magic is dick hardening once you get it to higher levels

But man the game is rough, full of invisible checkpoint that can cause you to miss out on content, and has so much that wound up on the cutting floor. Plus they REALLY had to torture the engine to get this baby to run
>>
>>374545374
You can easily control the lack of level scaling by not overpowering yourself with the end game weapons. Stilettos and and a hunters bow are all I need.
>>
How much does kill count matter for bestiary knowledge? If I cover all the monster weaknesses would a utilitarian primary pawn be worthwhile? I'm trying to three star my bestiary but I'm way behind when it comes to amount of kills. And no, my pawn hasn't been hired since I broke level 100.
>>
>>374547410
You need to kill like 100 of some creatures to make your pawn learn a star about them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.