[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: hanso.png (311 KB, 328x394)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
*fires a scatter arrow at your feet*
psh...simple geometry, kid.
>>
hanzo is pretty fucking gay, wouldnt be it a surprise if he turns out to be an actual homo

mccree will always be a straight guy mchanzo is destined to never be canon :^))))))
>>
>>402089569
I want Hanzo to put his arrow in my bow.
>>
File: 1372720702424.jpg (159 KB, 846x477)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>402089569
>mfw I get an actual wall bounce kill instead of no skill feet shot.
Can't wait for whatever rework Blizzard is working on for the Scatter.
>>
>>402092539
>rework Blizzard is working on
even if true, its going to take at least half a year knowing blizzards balancing practice
>>
>>402092854
Jeff himself adressed that scatter is being worked on, but of course that was sometime before Halloween and so they are "busy" working on those events and fighting toxicity, because that takes priority over actually fixing the game.
>>
File: ZSjqTZo.png (823 KB, 1920x1080)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
>>402089569
> *phases through arrows*
> *teleports behind you*
> Heh, simple physics, kid.
>>
>>402092539

>Blizzard rework

Scatter Arrow now kills two tanks at the same time and has its cooldown cut in half
>>
>>402092539
Imagining the rage on the other end of a feet-scatter kill literally gets me hard though
>>
>genji can 1v1 tanks
>>
File: .....jpg (5 KB, 200x193)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>402089569
>tfw the next hero is probably going to be another "diverse" human with some futuristic robot clothing
overwatch has such shitty character designs
>>
File: 1512816816800.png (260 KB, 593x635)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>402089569
>play against hanzo
>shoots a scatter arrow at my feet and every single one hits me and kills me instantly
>play as hanzo
>shoot a scatter arrow right at their fucking feet just like they do in the killcam
>they all bounce away harmlessly
>>
>>402089569
>blizzard will never remove scattershot despite it being OP as fuck because it's attached to a completely useless character and they can't be bothered to rework his entire skillset into something that actually makes him viable.
>>
>>402089569
Sure i COULD 1-shot whoever if i aimed at their feet, But ive made it my personal goal to only use scatter as a situational tool, like small rooms or corridors. It feels much more satisfying to me
>>
>>402093391
>tankbuster hero
>gets demolished by most tanks
>>
>>402094041
You're not playing reaper right.
>>
>>402094134
The best way to play reaper is to play junkrat
>>
>>402089569
is that event still up? I kinda want some of the skins but don't wanna pay or play right now.
>>
>>402094784
Speaking of which, remove the double mine or nerf the damage.
>>
>>402093768

>where's muh generic white guy

go play tf2
>>
>>402094885
Just wait for Lunar New Year in three more weeks.
>>
>>402095558
I thought old skins were made available during the same event next year , not just any next event.
>>
>>402089569
>Hanzo's Scatter Arrow needs reworked
>Junkrat needs either a damage nerf or he damages himself again
>>
>>402094928
Retool him to be an actual Defense chaarcter.

-remove second Mine and move detonator to Mine button
-now has two Traps he can have out at the same time, entire team can see them if triggered
-RMB is now Scrap Grenade, creating a 5m-diameter area of scrap pieces like caltrops that damage and slow enemies walking through it
-10 recoil damage from Grenades to discourage trying to play him like Reaper

Now he actually defends areas instead of runs into faces and unloads hundreds of damage in an instant.
>>
File: ine_n5x3ktSKdi1sw2ah1.gif (457 KB, 400x219)
457 KB
457 KB GIF
>>402089569
Overwatch would be a much better game if Hanzo, Bastion and Widowmaker were removed.
Symmetra and Mercy also needs a rework.
>>
>>402095049
>muh generic white guy
no, I want more omnics, non-human characters, interesting designs like Roadhog and Zenyatta.
>>
>>402093768
One of the few things overwatch undeniably has is good character designs which is why the majority of them are incredibly popular and are a huge reason as to why the game was so popular

Osira is shit though and not memorable
>>
>>402095049
Except every character in TF2 is well designed and distinct
>>
>>402095661
Old skins are made available during that one other event right? Uprising? If not then, yeah, the Lunar New Year events.
>>
>>402093768
What was wrong with Moira's design?
>>
>>402095827
That's actually interesting but I think would get taken advantage of by Hanzo and widow
>>
>>402096034
Overwatch has some good character designs
>tracer
>pharah
>ana
>junkrat
>widowmaker
>dva
>reinhardt
>roadhog
>winston
>mercy
Are the good ones. The rest are frankly just bland or bad.
>>
>>402096220
How? And they've got their own counters, Junkrat doesn't need to be able to counter them too.
>>
File: laughing meatheads.jpg (2 KB, 125x70)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>402089569
>watch kill cam
>hanzo literally cant hit 1 arrow on me as I juke for 3-4 arrows
>he aims at the ground as I get close and instakills me with scatter

truly, the most skill based hero
>>
>>402093768
>game is about characters from all over the world
>WHY IS THERE DIVERSITY REEEEEEE
>>
>>402096034
Every character past Sombra is shit and not memorable
>>
>>402095965
Spider Walker Omnic who can crawl on walls and ceilings when?
>>
>>402096440
If they're slowed down they get easy headshots
>>
>>402096567
In your opinion.
>>
File: overwatch mmo.png (1.55 MB, 1280x708)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>tfw Overwatch could have been a MMORPG
>a successor to WoW
>simpler than the traditional MMO but uses shooter elements and has a ton of characters/classes and customization
>like warframe and destiny but actually good with that blizzard touch and marketing
>instead we got a class-based shooter that is basically the league of legends of fps games
>>
>>402096669
They can do that with what Mei, Ana, and McCree do as well.
>>
>>402096687
It's true though. The characters and writing for them are incredibly bland. There's an obvious change in writers after Sombra.
>>
>>402097451
Chu's been there the whole time.
>>
>>402097054
>but actually good with that blizzard touch and marketing
>>
>>402097054
Firestarter looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>402096034
>a robot centaur isn't memorable in a game with all bipeds

yes, because the game needs more brown women! Totally diver-I mean memorable!
>>
File: 1434695214893.png (145 KB, 274x256)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>mei marked as a defence hero
>she's better at attacking and is almost a tank
>symmetra is a support yet she has low utility (and can't heal allies) apart from her ult
>meanwhile torbjorn can give his allies 75 armor/temporary hp
>roadhog is marked as a tank even though he has no shield or way to help his team, nor something that makes the enemy want to target hit
>>
>>402096207
Her clothes are fucking stupid.
>>
File: meibutradialblurred.png (176 KB, 310x264)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>402095853
remove Widow? Yes.
removing Bastion and Hanzo? git gud, my friend
>>
File: 1515015574497.png (425 KB, 540x960)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
game needs team-up attacks like this
>>
>>402097806
Orisa having 4 legs impacts in nothing her gameplay.
>>
>>402096220
>That's actually interesting but I think would get taken advantage of by Hanzo and widow
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>402095853
>Symmetra and Mercy also needs a rework.

When was the last time you play? Because they both got reworks last year.
>>
>>402097054
God dammit now I wanna play as McCloud.
>>
Overwatch is too asymmetrical by design to be considered a valid competitive game. The reason the format exists is as a marketing tool. SR is part of the skinner box that keeps people playing, and all Blizzard has to do is shill for it as an e-sport by throwing money at any six yuropoors or chinks capable of using a mouse correctly. The skill ceiling is through the floor. Since it is mechanically impossible for (You) as one person to break the multiple shields and regenerating health any 2+ players bring to the table, you rely on your team mates to assist, be they grills, 12 year olds, or third-world gutter trash. Hence, the only reason you will ever lose a game (if you're merely adequate in a real FPS like Quake) is because the 5 casuals on your team don't have the reflexes and spatial awareness to play correctly.

Once you realize this (and by extension that SR is just part of the skinner box marketing ruse), there is zero incentive to play the game because it isn't actually fun. Your desire to 'win' at it is actually fueled by passivity and resentment instead of sincere feelings of accomplishment. Don't believe me? Ask yourself why you've probably spent tens or hundreds of hours in a senseless Groundhog Day loop with perhaps thousands of faceless strangers (almost every one of which you hate) but you're unable to find the willpower to move out of your mom's basement, find a GF, or even clean your fucking room.

Look at every other game Blizzard makes, from World of Warcraft, to Starcraft, to fucking Hearthstone. Notice a pattern? Unlike the discrete experiences offered by single-player games (or movies or books or TV), Overwatch is just another temporally endless cancer that Blizzard knowingly engineered to steal your life away from you. For profit.

Uninstall this shit immediately and any other ASSFAGGOTS shit while you're at it, or you might as well kill yourself right now.
>>
>>402097845
>nor something that makes the enemy want to target hit

I dunno. He's big and easy to shoot at for free ult charges.
>>
>>402097806
Problem with Orisa is that the design is trash.

>>402097951
Has nothing to do with getting good. The harm the overall flow of the game and make it more boring.
Neither Hanzo or Bastion are difficult to play either, they're borderline braindead. Hanzo and Widow can two bodyshot everyone in the game apart from tanks (or one shot in the head). This is pushing the game into the shit low TTK territory while also making matches are for boring. Especially with objective based gameplay.
>>
>>402098102
As shown in Reinhardt's short "Honor and Glory", it's how her Fortify works, those extra legs brace her against things trying to move her.
>>
File: Soft brown and sweaty.png (1.83 MB, 800x600)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>402097806
I like the brown women though. It makes SJWs shut the fuck up and it pleases my dick.
>>
>>402095049
What's wrong with being white?
>>
File: 1445752238573.png (874 KB, 629x629)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>402095049
>go play tf2
I'm doing just that and having a great time, something Overwatch has not offered since the Uprising update.
>>
>>402096034
Fuck you, giant robot dog is good.
>>
File: CEASE YOUR EXISTENCE.png (1.31 MB, 1280x720)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
Orisa is my favorite design in the game. Everything else is human-shape and one humanoid animal, she's a nice departure and the game needs more like it.
>>
>>402098190
>When was the last time you play? Because they both got reworks last year.

I know they got reworks, but said reworks are shit.
I seriously don't fucking hope I would need to explain to you why Symmetra for example is trash in terms of game design? Because that would mean you're not worth wasting time on since your understanding of the game and game design in general is atrociously bad.
>>
>>402098276
>in a real of Quake
Always that one kid who has to name drop Quake in his essay rants.
>>
File: 1509068338431.png (385 KB, 1280x638)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>402097054
That's the saddest part of all this for me. I refuse to play this game anymore cause playing it alone is torture. At least with a mmo it woulf have been more fun to solo
>>
>>402098612
>im doing just that
no youre not youre posting on v
>>
>>402097451
Na they just blew their load with the originals and were not influenced by the fans with them
>>
>>402098314
>I dunno. He's big and easy to shoot at for free ult charges.

That's not what a tank is and he doesn't offer a defensive utility to his team with a shield (or something similar) that the other tanks have.
>>
>>402096585
Is that a webcam?
>>
File: 1445937617736.jpg (214 KB, 345x336)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>402096061
>Somebody is actually this deluded
>You have to share this board with TF2 shitposters
>>
>>402098818
you're both blind and retarded
>>
File: 1514836005770.png (503 KB, 648x1161)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
Ugh, scatter is high skill
>>
>>402097054
Isn't bottom left from a movie? Kung Fu Hustle, I think it was called.
>>
>>402098401
>posts a white girl
>>
>>402095827
This is bait
>>
File: 132400697236.png (261 KB, 436x323)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>402098612
>>
>>402093440
>blizz balancing
>add something it doesn't need, take away something direly needed
scatter arrow stores more charges later into the game, but hanzo himself can no longer jump or wall climb
>>
>>402098914
>headshot
Smalltarget and easy to miss compared to the rest of the body
>foot scatter shot
Easier to land and even not a perfect hit, will still damage the victim
Fuck Kaplam is a tard
>>
>>402090408
ok redditor
>>
>>402098780
Moira was essentially the fulfillment of a Reddit "evil healer" wishlist if traits. At what point does it change from "giving the people what they want to straight up pandering?
>>
>>402098924
Kinda. The old lady you are thinking of isnt fat though
>>
>>402099065
>assmad Rat main

Explain how it's bait.
>>
File: 1453678830176.png (165 KB, 720x1172)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>402098942
Is that an excuse for me to just post more brown?
>>
File: 1493604367276 - Copy.png (419 KB, 600x580)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>402089569
>psh...simple geometry, kid.
topest of fuckin keks my freund
>>
>>402099313
They're both the same thing, when they do what other people want and not what you want.
>>
>>402099313
Funny thing is they still fuck up with the pandering in favour for the diversity vote. Look at Doomfist
>>
>>402099205
>Fuck Kaplam is a tard

He's a director, not a game designer. No shit he doesn't really know wtf he's talking about.
That said, neither do the game's game designers since they designed it
>>
>>402097054
I want that big Asian mom.
Also, Symmetra needs that skin.
>>
>>402098914
I can't accept Widow's headshots either.

Instant kills from across the map are just bad design.
>>
File: 1464646931566.jpg (86 KB, 633x738)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>402099383
>>
>make a post on the official forum regarding the fact how unbalanced and brainless junkrat is
>get down voted 20 times and harrased based on my profile history
>>
>>402093237
> muh toxic
Why does Overwatch attract more crybabies than any other FPS?
>>
File: 1499294941258.gif (3.01 MB, 294x238)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB GIF
>>402099383
You dont even like brown you cuck. You like tan/caramel people with white features.
Go on, go 3 for 3 and try to claim they're all brown
>>
File: 1443995960501.gif (2.51 MB, 286x258)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>baby tier blizzard dev logic
>"how do we make people play supports and healers more?"
>"well... people like playing snipers..."
>*Introducing Ana*
>players still don't pick supports more and especially no ana since she's harder to play than the other supports
>>
File: 1513454099908.png (484 KB, 642x851)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>402099576
Because it's the fps for people that never played a fps.
>>
>>402099476
Yea but he is the voice for the team so you know they all think that way and are trying to "fix" it to make it so
>>
>>402089569
Is this really an official costume or is this a mod? Are the disgusting tumblr edgy street urban developpers pushing their edgy tatoo piercing "weed dude" agenda on the game?
>>
>>402099497
>Instant
Dont you have to charge up for it to oneshot?
>>
File: 1473628558624786861.png (368 KB, 476x409)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
where do i get a mercy gf
>>
File: 1414600250750.gif (2.57 MB, 220x212)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB GIF
>>402099551
>criticising a blizzard game on the forums or subreddit
>>
>>402099807
That's actually the 'fixed' version
>>
>>402098783
>is a big target
>Used to be really dangerous
>pulling people into your team with a hook is still really dangerous
>can heal himself to stay in the fight
>Sort of character that needs to be dealt with before he gets some close range M1s
>If people are hitting road they arent hitting the squishes
You have a very narrow idea of what a tank can be
>>
File: Hanzo winter back.jpg (1.33 MB, 4095x9500)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>402089569
SHART IN MART
>>
File: file.png (1017 KB, 1280x720)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
>>402099807
Not only is it official, it's a fixed version of this.
>>
File: 1496224670833.png (257 KB, 551x693)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>402097951
GIT GUD LOOOOL XDDD SO EPIC LMAO GIT LE GUD SMOKE WWED EERYY DAY 420
>>
>>402099497
They still take far more skill and preparation than Junkrat's "press LShift and M2 to instantly clear up the view" ability.
>>402099576
Because win/loss binaries for rewards and lack of a scoreboard means endless blame games and MVPs being made irrelevant.
>>402099551
Every community looks out for the lowest common denominator.
>be on a team with hackers
>vote to have the hackers kick
>get significantly outvoted
>team votekicks you off instead
>>
>>402099995
casual soy boy
>>
>>402099807
They are indeed. Luckily only for fag characters like Hanzo
Originally he also had a grey beard and looked like a wannabe hip grandad for some reason
>>
File: fat-terminator-01.jpg (53 KB, 333x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>402099319
>Take character from a movie
>Make her fat
>OC DONUT STEEL
Here's the design for the new robot character.
>>
>>402100107
Pretty much.
>>
>>402095853
They wouldn't need to remove Widowmaker if they introduced an actual spy character to shut her down. And I don't consider Winston/D. Va to be legitimate counters since all they do is tickle her until she grapples away. The game needs a character who shanks her dead consistently. Almost had it with Sombra, but the damage just isn't there.
>>
>>402099764
>Yea but he is the voice for the team so you know they all think that way and are trying to "fix" it to make it so

That doesn't change the fact that game directors don't really have much say about game design apart from at a macro level. Their job is more to keep everyone on the same page and to make sure that shit gets done. They don't really get hands on or get down with the nitty and gritty.
The lead game designer, if anyone, should be talking about the game's design, not Kaplan.
>>
>>402099920
Did they get rid of that in the fix too?
>>
>>402098612
trading and fucking around the map as a friendly with your hundred dollars cosmetics is fun?
>>
>>402099203
>>402099203
hanzo stores two charges of scatter shot just like junkrat

t.blizzard
>>
>>402097054
Gimme dat Recluse. Widow is shit.
>>
>>402100140
I mean, asian lady in a sleeping down with her hair up is not really original
>>
Quickly /v/ come up with a way for Moira to act even more chuuni than she already does
>>
>>402100416
Chuuni?
>>
>>402094041
The only tank I struggle with is zarya. It feels like it I don’t have my face nestled right in to her pale, Russian ass with my nose nuzzling against her puckered anus - her breaths staggered from never knowing such intimacy, and she’s unable to contain a sudden squeak and I taste the taboo opening, I’m in for a bad time because I don’t kill her shield in time and just end up charging her.
>>
File: 1511431543283.jpg (20 KB, 620x408)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>402100138
>>402099995
>>402099908
welp
>>
>>402098714
how do you know he's not posting on /v/ while waiting for matchmaking in tf2?
>>
>>402100497
Blame this
>>402099739
>>
>>402096034
I could not draw a single Overwatch character out of memory
>>
>>402090408
>chef of mafia
>gay
That wouldn't fit blizzard writing
>>
>>402099551
>see a junkrat in game, gameplay video, anywhere
>by the end of the match they probably have a ~4 accuracy rate
>this is at all skill levels

Who the fuck decided a character whos main selling point is spam shit down corrdiors / chokepoints was a good design?
>>
>>402100416
At the beginning of the match, she stands in front of the doors and pretends she's opening them.
>>
File: kung-fu-hustle.jpg (56 KB, 500x367)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>402100373
Can't think of any other characters like this.
>>
>>402097054
MMORPGs are cancer, this coming from someone that has a massive bias and invested interest in the format.

Nothing I've ever seen makes them alright or acceptable.
>>
>>402095049
>go play tf2
kay

god I wish they just made a sequel already.
>>
>>402095853
>>402100187
Isn't Widowmaker redundant anyway given the hero selection? Last I checked she's outright non-existent anywhere besides Gold and Plat.
>>402100268
>t. saly Overbab raped so hard (s)he couldn't get a single frag in an actually skill-based shooter match
And its funny how you talk about community servers when matchmmaking is virtually instantaneous in TF2. How are those increasingly long QP searches working out for you? :^)
>>
is this game dead yet
>>
>>402100601
>That wouldn't fit blizzard writing
So when is every character in this game getting corrupted?
>>
>>402098914
>people can accept getting headshotted
I don't. Snipers have no place in fps. Just like mercy and genji.
>>
>>402099650
Every kind brown is loev, from French Vanilla Cream to Gadiva Dark Chocolate
>>
>>402096034
their designs in terms of game design are alright.

their designs as characters are dog shit deviant art tier.
>>
>>402099848
0.1 seconds and if she hits she can just shoot again in 0.001 seconds to finish you off.
>>
>>402099913
You can force your retarded menality into anything.

A "tank" isn't someone that has a big HP pool and is hard to kill and that's it. He has that to counter the fact that people will be attacking him more than the rest of his team. Be it through forced aggro (like with taunts) or by for example buffing his team significantly. As in enemies either wants to focus them or be forced to focus them.
Roadhog has netiher. In fact he's one of the more annoying heroes to kill due to the fact that he not only has a large HP pool but can heal and reduce damage taken.
You'd pretty much rather kill anyone else on his team over Roadhog himself. Nor does Roadhog actually help his team (we're not talking retard levels of "hurrr he kills the enemy!!!" like a fucking hero like widowmaker or some shit also does, yet is a higher priority target).

The point I made is that the roles don't make fucking sense and several heroes are classified wrong.
>>
>>402100769
Genjis buggest problem is his rmb attack doesnt spread quick enough making it a better option for more damage (instead of his lmb) nine times out of ten
>>
>>402100268
>being a friendly is wrong
much better than overwatch where youre forced to battle and fight for the win like violent animals or else blizzard will ban you for letting your team down.
>>
>>402098276
> I have no communication skills and refuse to cooperate with anyone
>>
File: 4MUwgkD.jpg (50 KB, 1024x576)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>402098401
>/v/ of all places posting a pic from an untranslated netorare /ss/ visual novel
I thought you people were all plebs.
>>
>>402089569
>tf thread
>owfags shitpost for (you)s
>ow thread
>tffags shitpost for (you)s
good to see you guys have being insufferable faggots in common. you're all probably worse than splatoonfags at this point.
>>
File: 1502247783764.png (90 KB, 256x225)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>402100721
If they made a sequel it would be watered down and kikeified like Overwatch. Western developers haven't been able to make good games in over a decade thanks to "modern" industry requisites.
TF2 was good because it was designed before the implementation of microtransactions. A sequel would have its gameplay modeled around them from the start just like Overwatch and BattlEAfront and would be objectively worse for it.
>>
>>402100472
It essentially means someone who believes they're the MC of reality itself
>>
>>402096207
>What was wrong with Moira's design?
literally battleborne tier
>>
File: Spoiler Image (765 KB, 1000x1200)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>airshot a winston as junkrat
>everyone loses their shit

>airshot a soldier going at lightspeed as demo
>"ns"

fucking why
>>
>>402100895
Genjis biggest problem is his animation canceling that can pretty much 1 shot heroes. And his broken hitbox with every ability. They nerfed DF hitbix to 1 pixel but leave genjis hitbox at max.
>>
>>402098623
>and one humanoid animal
that's not a nice thing to say about doomfist
>>
>>402101037
they didn't do that with dota 2. don't think they'd do it for tf3.
>>
>>402096034
I think Blizzard is going the retard route. The characters on release were good visually, fit well together, seem like they belong in the same universe. But each new character I see keeps taking away further and further. In one or two years time I fully expect it to be such a miss-mass of styles that Blizzard will just call it quits and make a Overwatch 2 for the sake of rebooting the whole thing.
>>
>>402100739
most people who play OW play with their friends to grind actual skills so they can make it to comp.
dont compare OW with dress up simulator tf2 dude, theyre not the same and will never be.
>>
File: 1504002203174.png (1.07 MB, 1493x2141)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>402100268
>fucking around the map
I see someone is jealous.
>>
>>402100937
>I have no mechanical skills ot awareness and need to depend on others to get anywhere
>>
>>402100187
That's not really the point. The point is that it's objective based and snipers doesn't really make the game play better. They don't make the game more interesting, nor do they even take much skill at all since their attacks are so accurate and charge power up. The fact that they can body two shot or single headshot most characters in the game is frankly just dumb.
The only real hero they're sort of "needed" against is Bastion, hence why that boring and dumb hero should also be removed. Hanzo, Widow and Bastion don't make the game more interesting or more enjoyable overall to play, they just bog the game down.

Don't get me wrong, when I played Overwatched I abused the fuck out of heroes like Widow and Hanzo because of how retarded easy and effective they are.
>>
>>402101068
i'll be honest,
I think the face ruins it.
>>
>>402097054
sometimes I even think that they actually never intended to make an MMORPG and they just said that story for marketing purposes
>>
>>402100995
>visual novel
>novel

isn't there something more accurate for one that's like 30 minutes long?
>>
File: 1511942754340.jpg (20 KB, 500x404)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>402101110
DOTA 2 is seven years old...
>>
>>402101024
If you enter a Splatoon thread without thinking it will be full of dudes oogling monstergirl lolis you're a damn fool
>>
>>402101165
>someone made diagrams of what I was saying

nice
kind of wish I made a video first.
>>
>>402100841
Perfect way to put it.

Blizzard made a diversity checklist before they made characters
>>
>>402097054
WoW makes blizzard far more money than overwatch, you don't damage something that's making you so much money you silly faggot.

You donl't make games that compete with each other unless you're a moron, especially in genres where people are insanely protective.

Blizzard saw the mess Square Enix made of FFXIV and changed what overwatch is.
>>
>>402099861
pray for VR to evolve a bit faster
>>
>>402101068
When will artists learn that too much skin results in shit design.
The female version should've still kept the shorts.
>>
>>402101104
HAHA I GET IT HAHA BLACK NOT HUMAN HAHA RABID BEASTS HAHA NIGGERS
>>
>>402101154
>OW play with their friends to grind actual skills
Pushing Q to have the computer play the game for you is not a skill.
>calls TF2 dress-up simulator when his game's "updates" are entirely gimmick skins
>>
>>402101453
Don't chimp out anon
>>
>>402101037
Credit where credit is due. Despite Valve's horrible current model, when they make a game, once every full moon, they do design it well and TF2 has the advantaged of having already been designed to a perfect mirror shine.
I don't know if a TF3 could work if only because I'm not sure how that could affect the market or even if there's any reason to call it 3. They could just have an update saying TF3, update the name and done. We have TF3. We'd have the same maps, same cosmetics, same everything.
At most update it to Source 2 but I think they've already said they're not going to do it.
>>
>>402097542
He actually came later on in development, with most of the groundwork done by Chris Metzen. This has been stated in numerous interviews. Particularly the Jet Pack Cat hero interview.
>>
File: 148100152197612.jpg (50 KB, 640x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>402101165
>join tf2 pub
>half way through the match some faggot is crouching with a picket sign
>killed him for being a retard
>he bitched on the chat calling me a griefer and told my teammates to kick me
>some faggot started a vote to kick me
>you have been disconnected
stop comparing pieces of shit with real video games.
>>
>>402100187
>Thinking you use jump with winston to initiate
You just jumppack to follow her grapple. If she is in a jumppack only spot you jump, force her out. You always need to be careful of using your jump, so that you dont get focused while its down.
>>
>>402100259
They are called drop crotch sweatpants
>>
>>402101209
Yes, that headshot design is fucking stupid.
But on the plus side, it gives you an advantage and lets you clear up chokepoints if you actually know how to aim.

Who the fuck designed the maps in overwatch? They are fucking awful
>>
>>402101802
>overwatch
>real video game
Overwatch can barely even be considered video games.
>Tumblr artists who've never played the game make fanart and ship the characters for mass reblogs
>Models and popular cosplayers take to cosplaying OW characters even though they don't play the game, easy attention and easy money
>Porn artists who don't play the game flood tags with OW stuff just because it will get the most clicks and maybe even patreon supporters
>Shitposters who don't play the game just constantly point out that it demolished other class shooters as if it matters
>People that do play the game are more focused on being one of the cool kids by getting lootbox gear or ranking up in competitive to be just like their favorite epic streamer (again, a social aspect) even though they get no joy from playing the game
With OW, Blizzard has created a socialite cult and a conduit for easy-access nerd cred. Everything revolving around and relating to Overwatch has absolutely NOTHING to do with the good gameplay for its own sake, it has everything to do with brand loyality and bandwagon mentality. If you enjoy games and aren't some shitstain that rode in on the Ps2, you shouldn't be able to stomach this garbage.
>>
>>402101802
>join tf2 pub
>Notice a heavy crouching with a sandvich
>I backstab cause I felt like it
>He bitched and asked for my team to kick me
>His team calls him a fag and calls a temporary truce
>My team only kills this one heavy while his team watches and taunts at him
TF2 is a wondrous thing.
>>
>>402098401
My nigga, found out yesterday Lucie from Battlerite has a brown skin and I started maining her.
>>
Reminder that Overwatch isn't anywhere near as successful as people and/or blizzard pretend it is.

>btfo by middle earth loot boxes and roblox
>>
File: 1491939966714.png (29 KB, 983x358)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>402101802
>(s)he doesn't understand the concept of emergent gameplay
And that's why you "play" shallow neutered drivel like Cuckerwatch.
>>
>>402101802
i had the same problem once but i killed bunch of people doing the conga taunt. i have no idea what the fuck is wrong with doing anything on tf2.
>>
>>402100745
pretty much
>>
>>402102114
Meanwhile only outcasts neckbeards play and talk about TF2
>>
>>402100745
Dead in 2 weeks
>>
>>402102432
What's emergent gameplay?
>>
>>402102449
>I can't understand the concept of flexible and dynamic metagames
Go back to your "competitive" ASSFSGGOTS shooter where you have to play the same selection of 6 out of 25 characters the devs tell you to play this patch.
>>402102558
That's kind of a requisite for a game being good, yes. Unless you want to argue that Uncharted 4 is better than Bloodborne.
>>402102795
Something you'll understand when you get older.
>>
>>402102795
being a complete fucking faggot
>>
>>402102795
What is google
And before you say that it's a made up term: it's been around for longer than your ass probably
>>
>>402102904
Got it. Thanks.
>>
>>402096207
>who the fuck is moira
>google
>mfw

Wow I have been out of the loop. Never knew about her until just now.
>>
File: 1513946549037.jpg (78 KB, 1024x576)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>402095853
>Hanzo, Bastion and Widowmaker were removed.

>all defenders/defense heros
>>
>>402102558
just like this website.
>>
>>402102114
ok, I'm really curious in how many OW threads did you post this
if you're even the same person from the other threads of course
>>
>>402102558
>Meanwhile only outcasts neckbeards watch and talk about Blade Runner 2049
says the Bayformers fanboy.
This is literally what you sound like.
>>
>>402093768
>game set in future
>have futuristic clothing
wow what a concept
>>
>>402096034
The base game had some ok ones, all the dlc ones are garbage.
>>
>>402103269
everyone on /v/ just recently realized what a shit vidya company valve is. to compare them with activision for example at least activision still makes games and doesnt leech on decade year old products.
>>
>>402100101
and junkrats concussion spam is also bad design
>>
>>402101318
Overwatch has only been out for 2 years(not even) give it time
>>
>>402089569
Whole game is a fucking dumpster fire.
>>
>>402101295
At least they stay on topic and somewhat discuss the game, even if it's just arguing over whether the current balance philosophy for the game is good. Meanwhile you faggots have the old arguments every day when it's clear no one will change their minds. The only difference in these threads is what game is featured in op.
>>
File: 1513402124400.png (1.04 MB, 800x607)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>402096034
The reason the "original" character designs are "good" is because they were literally stolen other sources such as the Japanese video game Anarchy Reigns. Crap like Orisa and Moira are what happens when Blizztard tries to make something of their own: it's absolute shit, just like them.
>>
>>402103451
they still put out cod games though? you want valve to make yearly csgo games or something?
>>
>>402103386
well you know, they could make a character with futuristic clothing that is still interesting without being made of metal
why would they restrict themselves to only robot clothing when they have so many possibilities to make interesting designs?
>>
File: 1507748608682.jpg (103 KB, 1196x350)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>402103451
Well no fucking shit, ever wonder why so many people on /v/ are playing older games almost exclusively now?
>>
>>402097845
>1512816816800.png
Literally just there to bait noobs. Especially the Roadhog one
>>
>>402098623
>instead of making a cool robot like bastion or zen they make a nigger centaur bot
ill pass
>>
>>402103685
Oh it's you again.
>>
>>402103685
>Charge as rein
>Watch the character I was aiming for get pushed out of the way as I hit them.
>Course correct to hit another target
>Also bounced out of the way.

>Play Big bull
>Grabbing 2 characters almost constantly if they don't counter
A budget game made by the B team at platinum has better detection than fucking Blizzard.
>>
>>402103963
Can you actually refute the points I made?
Are you telling me the roles and hero designs make perfect sense?
>>
>>402097054
That symmetra is cuter, why are there never any masked qts in games ever.
>>
Why do all the dudes in this game except Hanzo and maybe Soldier have a robotic prosthetic body part?
>>
>>402103795
better than not making games at all. the time gap between the release of Episode 2 and today is longer than the time gap between the release of half life one and Episode 2.
>>
>>402104284

Hit detection is client side shitter
>>
>>402100601
>chef of mafia
>>
>>402104284
No fucking shit, western developers can't into combat mechanics at all.
>>
>>402104565
15-20ms steady. Rein's charge is fucked. I'll push what I'm aiming for out of the way and hit something else more often than not.
>>
File: 1499992119353.jpg (123 KB, 500x500)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>402104771
>screencaping your own post
>>
>>402104524
Rein? Hog?
>>
File: allo.jpg (37 KB, 530x371)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>402096445
>thumbnail
>>
>>402104907
Hog can't take off that mask.
>>
File: s.jpg (59 KB, 960x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>402089569

Oh look, it's the "just shoot arrows near the target to get guarantee headshots" the hero.
I get the feeling someone big from the dev team loves Hanzo and wants him broken and easy to use.

The easiest sniper type class to use
>>
>>402104524
To signify
>they're war/combat vets
>robotics
>future tech

Kind of boring if you ask me.
>>
>>402105210
He can, that's just gonna be extremely painful.
>>
>>402100769
>Snipers have no place in fps
>>
>>402105318

U U U U
>>
Wait, people still play this game?
>>
>>402105420
yes
>>
>>402105225
At least widow follows the whole Sniper thing. You catch her off guard and she's fucked for the most part. Hanzo will end your shit with minimal effort at nearly any range and no consequence to being caught off guard.
>>
>>402103685
Whos that ment to be? Solider?
>>
>>402105498
Overwatch is so two thousand and late-teen
>>
>>402105420
tourneys coming and people are looking to get mad rich
welcome to esports general
>>
File: 1501498502061.png (365 KB, 728x728)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>402105661
Got some bad news for ya.
>>
File: Cookie.png (122 KB, 300x300)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>402097054
You just turned it into Blizzard version of Destiny.
Want cookie?
>>
>>402105351
In reality, Snipers generally just bog the game down and make it less interesting and boring to play.
Also a low time to kill shooters (snipers generally kill enemies in very few hits) is generally bad design. Higher time to kill promotoes better and more consistently good aim, along with promoting a more back and forth gameplay style (along with not making it so you kill people that are not looking your way). Without snipers and low time to kill design the gameplay becomes more dynamic.
If the game is objective based (as in people needing to be on a point or something) it makes it even worse.

The counterplay to snipers is also pretty boring. Either you counter it with a sniper of your own or by sneaking up to them (and generally being able to easily kill them). Not interesting at all.
>>
>>402105520

Pretty much that. Widow takes actual skill if you want to pull headshots. Granted, she is a hit scan type of character, but she has no aim bot associated with her shots, and no scattered crap. You need to be smart with Widow. Move around and prepare a escape route if someone comes after you.

All you need to pull headshots with hanzo is to randomly shoot arrows into a group of enemies. The his arrows have such a huge hit box you will pull hits and headshots without even expecting them, and his arrows deal a lot of damage, even if not fully charged and you have the scattered shot, which makes him reliable even at close range unlike Widow for example.

Casual sniper that requires zero skill to pull kills, no cons, nothing.
>>
>>402106001
That's why we got
Squad, ARMA and Insurgency.
Want some hardcore sniping, there's these choices.
Snipers in Fast pace FPS are sometimes wonky and kinda out of place.
>>
>>402099497
You and everyone else who bitches about a sniper headshotting you, I have one question:
Do any of you know what a sniper rifle is, and how it works? Of course it's uber powerful, it's a fucking sniper rifle.
>>
>>402106243
>>402106001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8FrPFtOHU
You can have some fun.
>>
>>402090408
I hate how fangirls shill mchanzo so much
>>
>buy game
>win first 3 matches because i'm playing against literal retards
>from then on puts me in games with only people with a zillion hours played
>getting stomped every game

does the matchmaking ever balance out? I can't stand much more of my shit getting pushed in

i'm not an fps player i'm just not terrible at video games in general. I just want to have fun..
>>
>>402097054
League of Legend is better than this garbage game named Overwatch
>>
>>402106385
>Do any of you know what a sniper rifle is, and how it works? Of course it's uber powerful, it's a fucking sniper rifle.

The point is that you don't need to have a sniper in a game like Overwatch. Also the Snipers don't make the game play better or become more interesting.
Even if you wanted some kind of long range hero, you could've made their way of attacking more interesting than some very accurate and powerful single shot weapon.

When making games you should never be bogged down by realism or feel compelled to add something simply because someone else has it.
>>
>>402106138
no cons ? He has no escape
>>
>>402106489
I'm not saying that sniping can't be fun for the sniper himself (since it rewards decent aiming with high damage, often one shotting enemies) but for the game overall it just hurts it. You can make an overall more fun and dynamic game without snipers.
>>
>>402106651
Now you know why people buy smurf accounts.
>>
File: cqdbz0sumkcyluabsqzo.png (397 KB, 700x450)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
The dragon has sharted.
>>
>>402104359
Mei is a defense hero because her effective range is low. She needs to surprise enemies from around corners, which is easier to do when the enemy team has forward momentum (offense).
Symmetra offers EHP through her shield generator. Supports don't need to heal to be effective.
Roadhog is a literal meat shield with two CC abilities.
>>
>>402105592
looks like junkrat or whatever is that australian guy with bombs
>>
>>402106385
>Do any of you know what a sniper rifle is, and how it works?
Do you?
>>
I haven't touched this game in months neither has anyone i know, why are there still daily threads about it?
>>
>>402107338
>Mei is a defense hero because her effective range is low.

That is not the definition of "defence". Compare her to other heroes like Hanzo and Widowmaker for example, they have extremely good range.
Overall what defines defence heroes in Overwatch is that they're good at locking areas to make it harder for the enemy to push through. However Mei's ice wall generally helps enemies since it gives them a shield to move up behind and it blocks your allied defence heroes for doing their job.
This is why her ice wall is better offensively, since she can make her entire team be able to move up behind it when they attack objectives or push the cart. That's just the ice wall.

>Symmetra offers EHP through her shield generator. Supports don't need to heal to be effective.

As I said, that's her ult and that's if you choose to use that over her teleporter. Her mobile shield is fucking terrible and is the worst shield in the game. The way her primary fire and sentries work also make her ineffective when attacking objectives.
From a game design standpoint she's a fucking mess and needs to be reworked from the ground up.

As for Raodhog I've already elaborated on him.
But I can see that I'm wasting my time here, since your goal is not to be reasonable, but to blindly defend and try to justify the current bad and nonsensical design.
>>
>>402107910
because you dont own it. go back to friendlyfagging on tf2
>>
>>402108072
>However Mei's ice wall generally helps enemies since it gives them a shield to move up..
Stopped reading right there, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>402107910
Because I'm downloading 1.3gb of windows updates and the weather has been terrible.
Also I'm out of eggs which is a real bummer, hopefully I can get some tomorrow.
But to answer your question you, and your friends, are not representative of anything.
>>
>>402108080
I do own it, i got it in may of 2017 and enjoyed it a lot but got bored of it after a while and no one i know who consistently played it the past does so besides a few of the people autisticly into it who dont play many other games. The playerbase seems to be dropping off a lot and i don't see much about the game outside of here.
>>
>>402108343
>Stopped reading right there, you're a fucking retard.

Yeah you clearly proved your own stupidity if you can't see how ice wall is and effective tool when attacking. I mean being able to prevent the enemy widowmaker, junkrat, bastion, hanzo, etc. from attacking your team pushing with the payload or something? Nah, useless and shit.
But yeah, no point in wasting more time on someone as ignorant and stupid as you.
>>
>>402106385
I know it doesn't get more powerful the longer it's scoped or have the ability to use the sniper ammunition as machinegun ammo.
>>
>>402106697
hahahahahahaha
MOBAutist
>>
>>402106001
That's why maps should create balance, so snipers can have good angles, but either be limited because of objectives, or have several flanks they have to watch for.
Either way, it makes you think about a different approach when they do pop up, and also teach you to stay close to cover for an exit, a fundamental lesson people ignore otherwise because they can convince themselves they just didn't shoot faster in every single situation instead of giving themselves options.
>>
>>402108910
That's rich coming from a guy who states a mei wall is good for the enemy.
Rid us of your stupidity and kill yourself.
>>
>>402108625
exit your autismsafespace more often anon
>>
>>402109165
Maybe you should consider that since the game has been at a development dead end for a long time and people are finally realizing it besides you.
>>
>>402109093
>That's rich coming from a guy who states a mei wall is good for the enemy.

This is the final reply I'll give such a dumb thick fuck as you.
Take the scenario I just painted up, now imagine your allied Mei places a wall against the attacking enemy pushing towards teh objective or their payload so that it blocks your teams vision. Who does this benefit, your team or the enemy?
Yes the ice wall can be used to defensively temporarily block off say a side entrance or something, but it is far more effective as a pushing tool. Combining that with say to allow your Rein to charge up his shield while the ice wall is up is very effective.

Now I'm done with you. Hope you learned something.
>>
>>402109545
Not him but on defence it is very useful for cutting off part of the enemy team on choke points and for giving your team recovery time.
>>
>>402109073
You can do the same without resorting to the same old high damage single shot projectile thing with long range.
Again, not saying there aren't games where these kind of snipers can work, but in most games they're applied wrong and just harm the overall gameplay and they're not required. Most devs just add them because most shooters have snipers, not because it makes sense from a game design standpoint.
>>
>>402098468
FUCKING INSENSITIVE BIGOT
FUCK YOU
FUCK TRUMP
PPC WILL BE THE MAJORITY BY 2030
>>
>>402109545
>Take the scenario I just painted up, now imagine your allied Mei places a wall against the attacking enemy pushing..
You're a fucking retard.
If "my mei" places an icewall like that I'll call him a fucking retard, and you're absolutely right that will assist the enemy team - but anything will work against your team when you have people playing their classes incorrectly.
A Reinhardt charging alone into the enemy team is also aiding the enemy - is that a flaw in the character's design/abilities? No, it's because the player using the character is a fucking mouthbreather, like you.
>>
>>402109705
Not saying it can't be used defensively, but Mei is extremely useful on attack. More so than on defence. It's more ineffective against an enemy team trying to push the payload since it generally helps them and the ice wall doesn't block the actual payload itself.

But this is straying further and further away from my initial point of the roles not being clearly defined.
>>
>>402109808
Fair enough. Overwatch has plenty of problems, but I don't think a sniper like Widow is a problem with all the mobility and shield options you have. Hanzo just has a half thought out design though.
>>
>>402099739
>tldr individual mechanical skill doesnt matter in this game, so i like it
>>
>>402109037
uhm overwatch is a mobafps anon and is literally less complex than LoL or Dota and requires less mechanical and less other skill than both
>>
>>402110225
The game in general is sloppily thought out and designed, probably because the project was changed from what it initially was. But also because many of the current Blizzard game designers frankly aren't very good, as you can see from their other games like Diablo 3 and SC2.
>>
>>402098468
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>402110525
Oh they are very good at what they are doing, else their stuff wouldnt sell so much.

Its just that all of their games are targeted at the casual mainstream and not the "core" gamer anymore.
>>
>>402110525
>tfw I started playing brood war with my brother again
>the comparison of blizzard 20 years ago and now
>>
>>402110734
>Oh they are very good at what they are doing, else their stuff wouldnt sell so much.

They don't really sell on the quality of their games anymore. Their games are in general fine, but never great (anymore). What makes their games sell is the Blizzard name, the marketing and so on more so than the actual game.
Even something so simple as the voiceacting for Blizzard games has dropped in quality.

I don't know why this has happened, but I'm assuming key people that used to work at Blizzard were replaced by vets on the team that weren't as talented as the people they replaced. Now they don't want to replace/fire these people, especially when their games still sell (so they can't blame them for their games not selling). So even though their games would benefit from new hires, they won't do it.
>>
>>402104759
he cooks for them
>>
>>402111357
>Their games are in general fine, but never great (anymore).
The only great Blizzard game was original Starcraft (Brood War addon included). Everything else had been fine. Overwatch is fine.
>>
>>402095853

Widowmaker is so easy to counter. She sucks against tanks + a competent team.

Widowmaker is the weakest hero in the game at high levels. She suffers from crippling overspecialization. S76 and Mccree are better choices are sharpshooting characters (more DPS, better mobility and decent secondary abilities). Hanzo has better burst damage then her.
>>
File: 489759843759.jpg (19 KB, 409x393)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>Protect the Bastion to Win is now the official Payload meta
>again

Thank you Blizz
>>
>>402113320
She's extremely counterable but there's this interesting window where if you have inhumanly good aim you can shut down entire teams and there's nothing they can do, Flow3r in the USA Vs KR is a great example of this.
>>
>>402089569
OH shit they fixed his skin?
>>
how to rework Hanzo:

Remove both of his current abilitys, give him some kind of mobility option.. maybe a roll like mccree.

More importantly:

give him a quiver with 3-4 different arrow types, a pinning arrow that roots, a multishot arrow that fires like genji's right click, a vision arrow like his current one and maybe another arrow. like a proximity trap or something.

He's now a multi-purpose archer and not a 1 trick scattershot pony.
>>
>>402099920
The only thing keeping this skin from being great is that awful dragon print on the pants. It's still a good design, though.
>>
>>402113320
>Widowmaker is the weakest hero in the game at high levels
she's one of the most prominent DPS in korean top500. plenty of great widows in NA top500 too now that all the pros moved to west coast. if anything, she's most effective at high levels, unless you're talking about scrims where it becomes a bit harder since teams are well coordinated




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.