[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Just finished the single player campaign. It was great. I'm kind of afraid of getting into the multiplayer, though, since I have 0 experience with this game and I remember the first game being pretty brutal months after launch, when everyone was way better than I was. Are there any newbies around or is it a high level wasteland? Talking about the PC version.
>>
I liked the campaign but thought it was pretty disappointing you didn't get to kill Blisk. They were hyping him up all game. What the hell, man? Also, whatever happened to the Asian and the black dude from the first game? I thought for sure I'd see them near the end of the campaign or at least be mentioned or in some sort of cameo.
>>
Honestly even when you lose it’s still fun. It’s a fucking great game that deserved to outsell COD and BF1. Just jump in.
>>
>>403010952
I find there are a more clueless newbies around than I would've expected at this point in the game's life. Guess because it's so cheap by now.
Just start playing. The game isn't terribly hard for newbies. Yeah there's a lot of stuff to learn and you'll get steamrolled occasionally, but such is life and most of the skill involved won't actually stop you from participating.
>>
you're gonna get stomped in MP. these people have been playing since release and have literally mastered the movement
>>
>>403010952
MP is going to take some getting used to. I was pretty mad my first few hours getting styled on but I kept at it and could keep up with most players
>>
File: nooooo.jpg (68 KB, 700x700)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>403011965
>>403012087
>>403012595
Fuck!
>>
>>403011965
Just got it for Christmas, myself.
>>
>>403013614
Just know that speed is key, hipfire is really good, shoot before aiming when in close quarters, if someone pops up out of nowhere melee them. Always check your six, if you fire know that you popped up on the enemy's minimap and you need to GTFO. Don't feel bad about using easy weapons like CAR, G2 or Spitfire, I've been in plenty of matches where gen 30s are using those. Most people use Stim, grapple is fun. The a-wall or particle wall is good for long distance shooting, maybe put one up when in front of teammates so they can get behind and help you out. If you do this and get 2-3 kills, always turn around cause I can guarantee some butthurt fag with stim or grapple is going to try to sneak up on you to melee you. Firestar can damage titans and blind them (if you throw at the eyes) but electric smoke can put them out. Pick up batteries to give to your teammates. If someone is using Ronin you pretty much have to use phase rewind if you're going close quarters.
But the most important thing to take away from this is, speed is key, hipfire is good, when you shoot leave because enemies are definitely going to be heading towards you and camping will get you killed, especially once they hit you with sonar
>>
>>403010952
learn to properly conserve momentum by sliding and multiplayer will click pretty quickly. One thing I like is that the low timetokill makes aiming less of a prime skill, and proper movement and map knowledge more important skills
>>
>>403015749
A thing I really enjoyed doing was using every single type of weapon and titan in the first Titanfall. Some weren't as efficient, but because I was playing it a launch, I still managed to get some kills with it. I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to do the challenges this time around. I don't even remember if they were required to level up, I just remember I liked doing them. They granted burn cards or something?
>>
>>403010952
The problem with PC versions is not the incredible skill of the playerbase, it's the fact that someone on the server is guaranteed to be cheating. I played BF3 I got for free 5 years ago first time recently, and on a server with ping of 90 I would shoot someone in the back point blank, it takes a literal second before hits start registering. Meanwhile other players nearly instashoot me. As for their movement and situational awareness, it's kinda me for most of the veterans. Also there is quite of low level players.
>>
>>403016810
Challenges like that and the ones required to get to the next Gen are gone, mostly just XP. It is very fun and fluid but if you try to use some of the grenadiers or missile launchers you're probably going to lose every time. Only people I see using the weapons no one really likes are Gen 30s+ who like the challenge, but they usually run Stim and just sneak up on people from behind. L-Star is good if you lead your shots though. Remastered Titanfall 1 maps are great, but Rise is usually full of people with SMGs and Phase Rewind, also Ronins. You'll learn to hate ronins who just drop in 3s than follow each other and spam their sword hoping to get kills. Best thing to do is use charge rifle for quick shots and then leave. Corridors are great assets and wallrunning is always faster. Satchels aren't OP anymore and no one really uses them. Most of the grenades and projectiles are one hit kills if you can get a good aim
>>
>>403010952
Learn to move and grapple until you get phase shift and the SMG and then just mow through fools. I haven't played for months, but I remember having a ton of fun. The titans are the hardest thing to figure out. Every one has a different strategy to playing effectively.
>>
>>403016810
Burn cards aren't a thing any more. You get an ability that builds up from killing/doing objectives. You do get to level up weapons and those give you skins/mods/XP. And yes, some weapons are more viable than others, but once you get into the groove of things, you could probably get away with experimenting.
>>
PC version is probably still kicking atleast some but PS4 community is pretty much totally dead. really sucks, probably the most fun ive had with a multiplayer shooter in years and once you figure out the maps and start getting the hang of things its incredibly satisfying
>>
Get into overwatch, you won't believe how shit are some of its players, I'm complete fps scrub and I'm getting killstreaks during skirmishes while waiting for vs bots game.
>>
>>403017665
Fuuuuck, burn cards aren't a thing anymore? I was gonna count on those to get lucky kills on pros.
>>
>>403011965
Run(allways)
Side (wall)hop
Bunny hop
Jump shoot
Or go on yt for guides
>>
>>403018346
The Smart Pistol is still a thing, it's just an ability. There are still ways to screw over good players.
>>
>>403015749
>Don't feel bad about using easy weapons like CAR, G2 or Spitfire,
Everything except this is 100% correct. As for the above, shots an get out lrn2lead or burn.
>>
>>403018346
The turret is good for distracting players/campers and amped weapons can help alot in close quarters. Map hack might just lead you to someone expecting you though
>>
>>403010952
Are you on PC or Xbox?
>>
>>403010952
Been playing since launch. Uninstalled because it's dead on PC.

Takes way too long to find game modes I LIKE.
I don't like killing bots, so I don't play attrition or bounty (the most populated modes).

TL;DR
STFU and get online. Who's "Afraid" of playing on line? git gud.
>>
Funny thing about this game is that im about 25 hours in and for the whole time i've used only the starting weapon (R-201 I guess) without getting bored. Once I got Monarch I havent changed that either.

Its just so satisfying to reach core update 3 and mow people with the accelerated primary.
>>
>>403019742
PC
>>
>>403020380
I'm happy the R-201 is so good, gives a good balance for starting players to have a chance. Don't like most other games where you have to play for awhile before unlocking the "good" stuff
>>
>>403011098
No one?
>>
>>403011098
I can barely remember anything from the plotline of the first one, since it all took place in the background.
Which, weirdly enough, I kinda liked. For once you weren't the big hero, you were one of the faceless soldier who backed up the hero and did the real fighting.
>>
>>403011535
This. It's been so long since I've played a game where a match can feel good even when you losing. Everything else feels miserable in comparison.
>>
File: bish.png (133 KB, 460x204)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>403011098
>Also, whatever happened to the Asian and the black dude from the first game?
Bish and Graves are doing background work somewhere else in the galaxy.
>>
>>403010952
Definitely take the time to noodle around in solo private matches to learn the maps (I recommend the bounty hunt mode so that you have mobs to practice on) and GIT FUCKIN FAST. The singleplayer does a decent job of getting you familiar with wallrunning, but you absolutely do not want to be running around on the ground in the open, especially if you're just starting out. Learning how to quickly traverse maps is vital. Plus it's just plain fucking fun swoocing around like a madman. Also do experiment with all the weapons as you get them, classes like the grenadier weapons are sometimes overlooked but can be extremely satisfying to use. I'd also say if you want to deep dive you can look at videos on Youtube that explain the movement system and how to utilize it.

I also hate to be cheesy, but above all have fun with it. If you're getting angry that none of these matches are any good, take a break. Don't get burnt out on the game prematurely. A good change of pace for me is to invite the main network for a round of Frontier Defense (ai horde mode). You can find a game pretty quickly usually. It's a fun break from the usual madness.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.