[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is it just me, or is the progression system of this game all borked? In the first one, you kept steadily getting new upgrades with each new level, in this one, they start you with nearly all weapons and titan types and the shit you get is useless skins. Plus the added store bullshit.
>>
Does your initial dropship depend on your faction or does just everyone start in the same dropship and the leader is different based on the screen?
>>
>>403135612
The latter, I believe
>>
>>403134118
Single player is good, multiplayer was a step back. Somehow it feels slower as well.
>>
Are you saying you prefer not having access to shit straight away and getting into the multiplayer all gimped instead of having all the options to test and see what better suits your playstyle?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>403134118
I'd rather "grind" for more skins than grind for different weapons. I much prefer having the whole arsenal openly available as soon as possible so I can experiment and dick around at my own pace. Instead having to invest more time to unlock a new option, you can spend more time mastering your options
>>
>>403135612
Factions are just your own cosmetics if you will.
>>
>>403135889
>>403136114
this shit here

locking access to the full range of tactical options in a supposedly competitive multiplayer game behind a playwall is awful
>>
>>403134118
>useless skins
this is good. These unlocks dont effect gameplay
>added store bullshit
all purely cosmetic and dont affect gameplay
>new upgrades
affects gameplay and creates advantages/disadvantages

What are you for op? you want gameplay choices to require even more work to unlock?
>>
>>403134118
>>403135612
>>403135681
>>403135796
>>403135889
>>403136114
>>403136260
>>403136412
>>403136457
Titanfall 2's a pile of shit. Casual garbage. Game doesn't show your fucking death total.

Take this shit discussion to >>>/lgbt/. Fuck outta my face.
>>
>>403137109
I disagree mam
>>
I guess a good question for the thread, is what makes a good progression system? And is a progression system even good for a competitive multiplayer game?
>>
At least the Single Player Campaign is good.
>>
>>403135889
>>403136114
>>403136412
>>403136457
Starting you off with all the weapons isn't satisfying. It's much more satisfying to unlock them as you progress.
>>
>>403138428
A good progression system should allow all players to unlock new abilities and gear at a steady rate, but also allow better player to unlock weapons of their choice at a faster rate based on merit. That way no one feels like they're stuck with using worse weapons, but the people who are good at the game aren't constricted, i.e. the Level and Credits system that Titanfall 2 uses.
>>
>>403141052
Titanfall 2's is unsatisfying and starts you off with too much.
>>
The whole progression system is wrong.
It wasn't really satysfying to progress trought the levels. After gen 2.0 i dropped

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.